Ask Mike – 2016 Season Week 11

ASKMIKELogo

from Piggy

Q – Looks like the def nose is playing a little oinking better lately
Give the following players grades so far:
Suh

LB – Kiko Alonso – A
LB – Jelani Jenkins – D
DE – Mario Williams – D-
DE – Andre Branch – B+
DT – Jordan Phillips – C-
CB – Bobby McCain – D+

I didn’t give out any A+ grades, but Suh and Wake were close. If Alonso didn’t start slow, he probably would have been too.

I’d say to me, the biggest disappoints, in order, are Mario Williams, Jelani Jenkins, Bobby McCain, and then Jordan Phillips. Byron Maxwell has elevated his play, and if it weren’t for all those holding calls (deserved holding calls), and a slow start and being benched, he’d probably be at a B. I expected more from McCain as a nickel back. While VJ has done a great job with our defense overall, he needs to get these guys to keep their damn hands off the WR’s and TE’s! No more free yardage! It’s maddening! I’m tired of seeing 10 flags a game on our DB’s!
____________________________________________________

from Stanger

Q – No matter the spread — Has this team actually reached the point where we have a “Trap Game”?

stanger

Oh HELL NO!!!! No way in hell have we reached that point. How could we? We basically have to win every game at this point to have a shot at making the playoffs. We most certainly do not have the luxury of taking any team for granted. I can almost guarantee you that the players feel this way, that Gase has instilled this fact in all of our players minds, and that they will play each game as if this is the one they need to make the playoffs.

Now just because the effort will be there, that doesn’t guarantee we win each game. We’re facing a talented rookie QB this week, one drafted #1 in this past draft. The Rams have been patient showcasing their prized pick, unlike the Cowboys (Out of necessity), but more legitimately, the Eagles with Carson Wentz.

The Rams can play some defense, and although they haven’t been running the ball this season on a consistent basis, the potential is certainly there, with Todd Gurley. The Rams are hoping Goff can stretch the field a little, and keep defenses honest from selling out on the run. WR Kenny Britt (Bayonne NJ native) is having a career year, with 44 catches for 693 yards, and 3 TD’s. Britt is sure to eclipse his season high total of 775 yards, which he accomplished way back in 2010, but hopefully it’s NOT this week! The Rams also have the speedy WR Tavon Austin. Case Keenum did an admirable job for the Rams, but his lack of arm strength allowed defense to keep 8 in the box, and shut down Gurley. The Dolphins won’t have that luxury this week, Goff can make all the throws, so Maxwell and Lippett, as well as safeties Isa Abdul-Quddus, Michael Thomas and Baccari Rambo are going to have be careful not to get burned deep. The Rams also have a couple of TE’s that our man GDP liked, Lance Kendricks, and Tyler Higbee.
____________________________________________________

from Bookman

Q – Mike E,

Deep thoughts by Jack Handey type question for Mike “Handy”

Does winning change the culture, or does changing the culture result in winning?

Much has been made this week about the culture being different in Miami, curious as to your opinion on the major reasons for this.

Bookman

Excellent “deep thoughts” question brother! I think it’s both. I think the players respect Adam Gase, but obviously, without success early on, he had to create a little havoc in order to get players attention, by letting go a bunch of players who weren’t getting the job done. Now that move alone wouldn’t have made much of an impact in and of itself, but the team playing at a high level, and actually winning games reinforced it. I do believe that if we didn’t get on track and start winning, there wouldn’t be any such talk of culture change or the like.

I do think Gase is a very good coach, especially for a rookie HC, because he truly seems to understand what we need to do to win. He has a talented (Still young) QB, who has had issues with protection, pocket awareness, yet one who possesses a legit NFL, way above average athleticism, and off the charts toughness and resolve. He finally found the formula to make Ryan Tannehill comfortable. Now some say he has taken things off of Ryan’s plate, and he has, but in now way do I consider that a knock. Gase likes to run the football, and he has in his stops in the NFL. He did it Denver with a trio of RB’s, CJ Anderson, Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman, he did it in Chicago with Matt Forte and Jeremy Langford. Here in Miami, it’s been primarily Jay Ajayi, but I do feel both Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake will be seeing expanded roles, because I don’t think he wants to have a burnt out Ajayi at the end of the season, especially if we’re in contention for a playoff spot.

So in summation, I definitely think Gase was worthy of respect before the season, but the thing that will keep him respected at a high level is winning football games. That’s the key, and as long as we win more than we lose, he’ll continue to earn that respect, and thus, the culture has changed. No matter how much players may have “liked” Tony Sparano or Joe Philbin, losing just knocks the shit out of the deep respect and admiration that may have been there at one time, it’s just the way it is. As with many industries, really ALL industries, it’s result oriented, and even guys like Jeff Fisher, who has had success in the past in the NFL, and was once coveted by our owner, isn’t coveted any longer, and it’s possible the stache may be looking for employment at years end.
____________________________________________________

And now for the babe of the week . . .

137dbf5faac0e7c303a0ada8676d05d1

This entry was posted in Ask Mike, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

202 Responses to Ask Mike – 2016 Season Week 11

1. ukfinfan says:

Always an entertaining read MikeE, and now, thanks to your youtube rants, I can imagine you saying all that stuff too!
    Howie …… time to dream big …….. UK Mia 34-10

Stang 14-13 MIA
    Old 23-16 MIA
    BLOW OUT!!!

Mike

There is no such thing as a D- or D+

Piggy

Really? There used to be, at least I think there was. I know there was no F- or F+, although I probably deserved a few F-‘s in my time. . .

Nice job Mike E

Nice write Mike.

Thanks for answering my question, nicely done. I agree with your reasoning fwiw.

Piggy,

By the way, I once had a D+ in a class at one point in high school…l did manage to vault all the way up to a C- by the end of the semester.

Jason Taylor a HOF finalist

Piggy

Yeah, I guess that makes sense with the D- or D+, but since this isn’t school, we can let it go for player grades. 🙂

BTW – Do you disagree, or even strenuously disagree on any of them?

Alonzo is more like a B or B+. He started off pretty bad.He he is playing better now but not an A as yet

I think he he’s playing very well right now, and is making a huge difference out there. I see him around the football all the time. Plus, he won the game for us last week with that INT and TD return.

I also think Phillips is playing pretty well. He has made some impact plays this year. He is inconsistent but overall I think he is ascending.

9. Jelani Jenkins has been the biggest disappointment this year for me. I constantly see him missing tackles, taking terrible angles, and just sucking in every aspect. I’d give that bum an F for the expectations I had of him going into the year.

I hear that. Only reason I put Mario first was I expected more out of him. I think Jenkins gave us one good season and we all got excited, but now I’m thinking he was just a flash in the pan.

Jenkins has been battling through injuries the last couple of years and has never been able to regain his 2014 form where he had a really good year. It’s too bad for him being in a contract year.

Vinnie — agreed on Jenkins to an extent, but then he is what he is…….an undersized “athletic” LB. Not that have been watching him instead of the opposing QB and RBs, but my main problem is don’t see the coverage stuff that should be why he is on the field to start with. Don’t think anyone ever thought he would be a run stuffer.

Real great insights Mike E. This was a real deep thought one…..like you are turning from reporter to editorial writer. 🙂

Will take you to task for Gase, “finally found the formula to make Ryan Tannehill comfortable.” Least if you listen to Albert he is the one who figured it out…..lol.

OK, he found it from Branden Albert, but he still employed it. 😉

And from some reports wasn’t happy about doing it, but to his credit he saw the way. Am really thinking he might be the “good genius”……but long way before that is set.

Good job Mike. No trap games for this team. Gase even said he doesn’t think about playoffs just each game at hand so I don’t see us looking past any opponent.

November 17, 2016 at 8:18 am
    Mike

There is no such thing as a D- or D+

That isn’t true just ask any woman one boob is always bigger then the other

LOL @ Rob

Rob reminds me of Quagmire on Family Guy.
    “Oh…. that’s Quagmire!!”

LOL

15. Realist says:

Howie,

20 – 9 LA
    To me anyway, this is the quintessential trap game, and historically would be one that the Phins shit the bed. Couple that with some of the talking heads starting to include the Phins in their “watch out for” prognostications and you have the recipe for a letdown. Think last year, two wins in a row under Campbell, people perk up, then the Phins lose 7 out of 10, and everyone is yeah, that’s what I thought they were all along. PROVE ME WRONG PHINS! Please?

Realist I don’t think you can compare what happened last year to this. If anything the team got an artificial ‘boost’ with Campbell and then went back to what they really were. This year we started slow as the team bought into Gase’s plan and are playing better and winning.

Man could we use Howard back (like what have seen), but seems Gase doesn’t want to rush.
    ——————–
    Gase said Howard isn’t quite ready to return and the Dolphins are going to be careful with how they handle him.

“It’s one of those processes when you kind of see him working out and running and things like that, you’re excited that you see him look like he feels good. But we just know we have to be smart with what we do. We don’t want any setbacks.”

“We are not going to put him out there too early, we’re not going to rush him back. We are going to make sure that this timetable is right. We feel like this guy is going to be one of those guys that is going to be here for a long time and we want to just make sure that we handle this correctly.”

“He’ll probably tell you yes. I think he’s pretty close, but I still think we got a ways to go as far as making sure that he’s close to 100 percent.”

I agree with most of your grades Mike

I probably would have given Jenkins an F and Willins a C-

herd,
    I’m starting to see that as well. This team is different than philbins teams. I like how gase has done so far. If philbin was coaching I could see us easily losing to the rams. But with Gase I’m not so sure. I guess we’ll see.

“I do think with Albert being out, it does make sense to move Tunsil to left tackle. I’m looking forward to watching him on Sunday…..He is the protoype NFL tackle. Size. Long arms. Athletic ability. He slipped in the draft and it was a great pick for the Dolphins. He was a top five draft pick.”
    —————
    Least one “expert” sees a lot in Tunsil at LT. And his name is Richmond Webb.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

There are going to be some hiccups. But I don’t think Albert was playing all that great. Tunsil could be an upgrade. I’m more morried about our LG going against Donald.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

^worried

Having Albert in there would be a plus obviously, but then he have Tunsil. Do wonder about Albert next year though…..and not like he didn’t notice we took an LT in the first round and that he is a possible cap cut.

One Q is if he would be open to a re-do and a switch to G.

Boulder

I’m also worried about Donald vs Pouncey/Urbik. I would have felt better with Albert at LT, and Tunsil at LG. Urbik and Pouncey are going to have their jobs cut out for them, that’s for sure.

Maybe the Rams DE William Hayes will get stopped at the airport . . .

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 13m13 minutes ago Carlsbad, CA
    Branden Albert had surgery on his left wrist on Tuesday. But the Dolphins expect him to come back at some point in December.

I guess it’s good that he’ll be back, but this is why we drafted Tunsil in the first place, because it seems Albert can’t play a whole season healthy.

24. 81Howie says:

Tim 30-13 MIA
    Stang 14-13 MIA
    Old 23-16 MIA
    UK 34-10 MIA
    Real 20-9 LA
    BLOW OUT!!!

Unbelievable! I think we all realize this team will go as far as the O-line will take us. Now this

The uniorns only make it through 4 games and we lose the same two we always do.

It sucks but I have more confidence in Tunsil at LT, Urbik at LG and Steen at C then the 3 guys we cut playing. I see us trying to establish the run early and pass of of that. We need our defense to take it to an offense that isn’t very good. Rookie QB starting his first game. We’re going to throw a lot at him. I see it coming.

I definitely feel better about Urbik and Steen as compared to Thomas, Douglas and Turner. On the other hand, I hate to go from all 5 healthy to 3 in one week. Sucks we can’t keep them all on the field together.

I really really Oinking hope Pouncey can play

Those who say that are uninformed. Here is what coach says.

“He has a big hand in what we have to do in the running game as well because a lot is put on his plate to make sure that we’re in the right play. He does have a lot on his plate, and the longer we’ve been together and getting used to how I call it and how we set things up, the better he’s gotten.”

Boulder

I’m also worried about Donald vs Pouncey/Urbik.

How do you feel about him vs Steen/Urbik?????

Kind of sucks that these injuries all seem to come at once. I guess we’ll find out what this team is made of….next man up!

Who is our back up back up Tackle? Our backup backup center? I hope we keep the “next guy up” healthy.

I remember a game in the last two years where we used every lineman we had left and an injured lineman had to come back in to sub out another that went down.

Man, I really hate these “color rush” uniforms. ALL of them. It’s like I’m watching CFL football.

• herdfan says:

I want to know who thought they were a good idea and then convinced the league to go along.

Marketing

I actually bought an orange color rush jersey

I think they look like shot on the field when it’s orange on orange or whatever

But the alt jerseys sell

34. Phindog says:

So far this season the Saints have the best looking color rush uniforms.

Obviously the solution for those plates is to tune house into a spaceship
    Blast into space
    And wait for lack of gravity to make it safe to open the door

November 17, 2016 at 9:12 pm (Edit)

Marketing

I actually bought an orange color rush jersey

I think they look like shot on the field when it’s orange on orange or whatever

But the alt jerseys sell
    ****************
    So YOU’RE the one!

Can’t she just put pillows all over the counters and open the door?

Honestly if I had extra money to spend I would buy every color rush jersey
    Never wear it
    And store it away

I bet one day they will be collectors items

It’s always gimmicky things like that that end up being valuable

Ok, so what would you guys suggest for this?

I would take a glass cutter, score the top segment of glass on the upper right, tap it out (break it on the glass cutter scores) reach in and secure the dishes, then open the door, remove the stops that hold the glass in place (probably held with braids) and cut a piece of glass to fit the square and put the stops back in (probably with very small finish nails, because I don’t have a braid gun)

$16.00 in material.

Teddy Ginn with another big play. If he wasn’t such a wuss when he played here….

I think I would just use paper plates.

Ted Ginn with a great catch…how else but going out of bounds in the back of the end zone. Kind of fitting.

Guys Ginn is so gone are we still reeling about him? Why keep harping on a team from yesteryear?

• bookman11 says:

Shut up Tim!…Do you realize how many yards Lamar Miller has this year?…LOL

• bookman11 says:

Seriously though…I hope Ginn does well…doesn’t matter to me. It was a great catch though, that was more my point, I just couldn’t help myself with the comment about going out of bounds. LOL

45. 81Howie says:

You had to know those injuries where coming. Hell, they went 3 games longer than I had them down for. I was sure Albert and Pouncey would go down in practice between the Steelers and Bills games 😦

You know what? Gase has got this team going, and a couple of guys out aren’t going to stop them! It may make it a little more interesting, but we got this! GO DOLPHINS!

You never know, a little adversity sometimes brings a team together and they play better than before. I’m still thinking positive.
    ❤️🐬🏈

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I hope Gase doesn’t give up on the run because these guys are out. If tanny has to throw the ball a bunch then it’ll be a long day IMO.

48. We may need to start looking at a new Center in the draft of FA after this season. Pouncey is made of glass.

Not exactly what you want to hear your HC say not too long before the game.

“We’re working a couple of different lineups right now. We’ll try to figure out what’s the best way to go into this game with. Obviously we have a very big challenge this week with this group and we just have to figure out what’s the best lineup for us for this game.”

Is their an option other than Steen at center?

Herd, Maurkice Pouncey has had a few major injuries including missing a season with an MCL and ACL. I think he also went down with a dislocated ankle and something else. Both of the Pouncey boys have had durability issues.

• herdfan says:

I should have remembered that because when Maurkice was out I think his back up was Doug Legursky who played for the Herd. Senior moment I guess.

I’m surprised no one caught on to my William Hayes post. Kind of disappointed actually . . . .

Maybe no one here saw that movie. I saw that movie in the theater when it first came out with a couple of my friends. It left quite an impression on me. That was one scary story. As it turns out, Oliver Stone who wrote the script, not the book, took a ton of artistic license with the actual dialogue, and portrayed the Turks as mindless barbarians, when William Hayes himself actually loved Turkey. Stone also changed how he escaped to make it more dramatic, but Stone at the time was always high or coked up, and he didn’t listen to Hayes, who begged him to change it.

Do you guys know what that’s from?

Didn’t catch cause forgot the guy’s name was actually William Hayes. Great memory there. And what a gripping yet brutal movie to watch. One of those felt no need to rewatch……just don’t do that with dark dramas as much even if they make an impression. But how many times have I watched Animal House?

Tim – LOL – You never saw the movie Midnight Express?

LOL @ SB

That scene (from Midnight Express) is forever burnt into my mammary, uh, memory

Stanger

Brutal and dark are two very good adjectives to describe that. It was shocking really

Especially at the time. Been plenty more like that since, but it was ground-breaking to me at least on that front……but maybe I had just reached the age where I could watch movies that my parents bought on VHS when they were gone but wouldn’t let me watch otherwise……..same way I watched Deep Throat and after became the most popular kid in the neighborhood when they went on Vacay. 🙂

Yeah it is OC Clyde Christensen talking, but pretty nice to hear his excitement as to Parker and how this O can become dangerous.

All about match-ups……you can’t put eight in the box (thanks Ajayi) and double both Landry and Parker.
    ————————————
    “We think he can be one of the top guys in the league, We see it every day, a big catch here and a big catch there…..We need a consistent DeVante Parker, where it’s week-in, and week-out where people fear him. He took over the game in his way last week and gave us a huge lift.”

“I think he is really key to us going from solid to good on offense. I think he’s the guy, his big plays. Those are the plays that take you to whatever that next level is.”

“I think we all have felt all along that if we get the running game going and then now your play action. Jarvis is going to make his plays – he makes them every week – and then all of a sudden now, you’ve got the two guys outside that can really run and DeVante jumping up and making a big catch. “

Mike,

I’ve never seen the movie, just The Cable Guy and the reference to that scene. Also, check your facebook.

Did you send a request? I was in a rush, and I was trying to think if I knew the name, and I couldn’t remember for sure, so I deleted it. Your initials are DW, yes? If so, I’ll send one your way, sorry.

SB

Oddly enough, that scene was one of the few scenes that was absolutely true and not embellished.

Stanger

I was 15 when I saw it, so you can imagine what kind of impression that left.

I saw Mignight Express. As I recall I was a senior in high school. All I remember is that I would never ever be caught doing anything illegal in a foreign country.

I hear that! I’m not even sure if I had tried weed yet at the time, but I knew if I did, I wasn’t going to do it overseas! It really was terrifying

Once spent like four hours in a Mexican jail cause of weed my first wife smoked.

Picture a dungeon with a bucket for a bathroom. But that might have just been their own “movie set” as they prepared the tourists for the shake down.

Damn!! That must have been the scariest experience you ever had, huh? I’d be using that bucket a lot! lol

Was young and dumb with attitude but still knew what was going on. Figure they left me down there longer cause I copped an attitude on being a lawyer and such (they must have been laughing) while the wife was up talking with “El Capitan.”

Oddly enough — my ” no record fine” was all the money in my wallet and her purse plus the max daily withdrawal form the local ATM they were kind enough to walk me to minus cab fare and a tip back to the hotel.

Couple days later met a couple who went through the exact same. The fine was lower, but apparently only cause they had less cash on them.

November 18, 2016 at 2:30 pm

all first wife’s are every mans scariest experience ever

Some people luck out. My parents were together for 52 years, but then if you have to mention “first wife”…….at least you learn what you don’t want and move on with that education.

I have a CNN feed on FB and it’s so obvious they’re on an anti-Trump campaign. I watched CNN during the election because I liked the way John King was breaking down the votes state by state county by county etc. Wolf Blitzer was losing his mind and asking John if there is any way Hillary can win and he kept telling him I don’t see it. I thought Wolf was going to start crying. LOL

• herdfan says:

All the networks were that way the night of the election. They couldn’t believe they were so WRONG! Since then I’ve gotten tired of all the ‘contest the electoral college’ and ‘Hillary can still be elected’ BS you see onFB. I just ignore it all.

Fwiw, I did wonder if the reason Trump wouldn’t say if he would have a special prosecutor look into Hillary’ s deeds is due to the fact Obama can always do a pardon while he’s still in office.

One of the CNN feeds I got was about children writing letters to Trump asking him to be nicer. LOL

things that can never be explained:

why a man thinks he is a pig and can fly
    a short post from D
    why there are always green smudges in my basement
    why anyone ask mike e a question
    why anyone chops a squirrels home down with a red herring
    and…………….
    why in the fuck stanger insist on responding to me in a serious, grave, no-nonsense humorless manner.

Mike,

Initials are DS. I had sent you a message, but maybe it got sent to the weird place in facebook that hides messages.

SB

Can you please send another message? I don’t think I got the first one. I did recently get a friend request, but like I said earlier, I didn’t recognize the name and deleted it. If that was you, there was no message with it, just the request, so maybe that wasn’t you

66. 81Howie says:

Old 23-16 MIA
    UK 34-10 MIA
    Real 20-9 LA
    BLOW OUT!

finfanrob says:
    November 18, 2016 at 4:33 pm
    things that can never be explained:….
    ————————

Cause I am like a Geico commercial, just what I do (insert “stanger” into the vid).

SB

Send me an email with your name, and I’ll friend request you. I think because I deleted it, it will block you from now on. Sorry for the hassle brother! Thanks

LOL @ SB

70. 81Howie says:

First of all, why are we on FOX? Doesnt CBS go with the AFC teams on the road. I see the Bucs have their FOX wiith them on Sunday.
    Second, I doubt we are on here. Bucs have the one o’clock so Fox 35 will likely be showing that and thats all.
    Third, Fox 35 sucks. On our regular CBS I can look on their web site weeks in advance to see if the game is on.
    Those idiots on that crappy network have no link to their listings or they sure make it hard as hell to find.
    Anyone Know?

sooooooo, you mean the first thing people do when they see you is trying to change the channel

WELL HERE I AM at 4:30 AM heading out to a convention in Ft. Myers on Saturday!! – – Expect my company to do VERY WELL at this show!! WORK ETHIC and FOCUS will carry you a long way in life!! –Talk to all of you tonight!

I think we all kind of knew this, but it seems as if it’s the reality. Instead of Albert, Tunsil, Pouncey, Bushrod and James, it’s

Tunsil, Urbik, Steen, Bushrod and James. These guys need to get in there and make it work!

It smells like the Titans game again

The difference this time is Turner is not playing LT and Thomas is not playing LG. I have much more confidence in Tunsil at LT, Urbik at LG and Steen at C. Also the Titans have one of the best O-lines in the game and the Rams do not. So this matchup is not the same.

I see my post might be be misunderstood as if I’m putting our OL against the Rams OL. I’m not, just pointing out why we struggled against the Titans. Our defense couldn’t handle the Titans running game.

That is true, and the Titans also had a nice one-two punch with Murray and Henry. Mariota also played very well, because the defense was on the field an awful lot in that game, 36 minutes.

The Rams have one of the best DLs in the game

They have two of the best DL in the game in Quinn and Donald. The other guys aren’t anything special. Quinn is also dealing with some dehydration issues and is questionable for the game. I’ve seen the Rams play a few times this year and I don’t see a dominant defense. They’re solid but I didn’t come away saying wow.

William Hayes is special. He survived years in a Turkish prison

Most teams can manage through shuffling in the OL

Let’s hope we can

The key is handling aaron Donald
    The Rams haven’t been great this year
    I think Quinn is out for the game
    I agree with Tim
    I don’t think it’s a dominant defense
    The jests and Chargers were probably a tougher match up in terms of stopping the run

The Jets ran for 139 yards against the Rams last week. That was with Robert Quinn

Gase say “his comfort level with Steen at center is very high.” Will note that the coach’s confidence seems to go with his handling the mental part of being center. I at least noticed a whole lot of inside rush with him in there when Pouncey came back. And we all know the sack numbers before and after……even if that was not all on Steen of course.
    —————————————
    “He did a really good job when he was in there. When you play that position, you’re really kind of the mouthpiece of the entire offensive line. You’re setting everything up. You’re an extension of the quarterback as well. He did a good job. He knows our offense in and out. Obviously for the period of time he was in there, he did what we asked him to do, and we had a lot of pieces moving in and out and he handled that fine.”

• 23. Miami Dolphins (19)
      Starters: LT Branden Albert, LG Laremy Tunsil, C Anthony Steen, RG Jermon Bushrod, RT Ja’Wuan James
      Only C Anthony Steen has avoided giving up a sack so far among the starting five, and he may soon be sent to the bench with the return of Mike Pouncey. Rookie Laremy Tunsil has been average at best, allowing a sack, three hits, and seven hurries across his 160 pass-blocking snaps. Tunsil got a chance to play a game at left tackle with the injury to Branden Albert, but ironically, that was his worst performance of the season, struggling against the Cincinnati Bengals and giving up four of his 11 total pressures on the year.

Maybe it was more on the Gs, but I saw lots of inside pressure with Steen in there. And that can cause sacks in other ways than your man….not to mention disrupt a whole lot of plays. It is the converse why I think Suh might be a lot more valuable than his sack totals show.

• I would agree, if that was the case, but it wasn’t. Also, when you read the comments above, it was early in the season for Tunsil and he’s played much better since so I’m not expecting the same issues at LT that he had early on.
        Steen is a solid piece in the middle and don’t let anyone kid you. Go back and look at his play at Bama. How he wasn’t drafted is a complete mystery.

• But, again, the difference maker will be Gase. I don’t think there’s a guy who prepares his team better to play every week than he does.

I’ll stick with there was inside pressure, even if admit was not following closely enough to say it was on Steen, the Gs or simply because we were shifting schemes to make up for Albert being out.

I’m glad you have faith in Steen though. Makes me feel more positive.

Quinn is going to play – He was a full participant in practice on Friday, which usually means that player is a GO

Yeah he will likely play, can he hold up? He’s had hydration issues to the point of being hospitalized.

Dehydration is usually a short term problem which is corrected once you rehydrate. Quinn should have no consequences from what happened earlier this week

It affected Parker for a few weeks until he learned what he had to do. I don’t know why Quinn had the issue so extreme though. He’s been in the league for awhile now.

Man the headline should be enough to make you guys hit the PBP link.

“Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill making his case for top tier of QBs”

Seems Gase is more than willing to take a bit of credit though even as he delivers lots of props.

82. 81Howie says:

Well then, looks as if I must go to Beefs for this one
    THANKS HERD

Stang 14-13 MIA
    Old 23-16 MIA
    UK 34-10 MIA
    Real 20-9 LA
    Bold 21-17 LA
    BLOW OUT!!!

Albert and Pouncey out. Just when we start feeling good about ourselves, the Football Gods chuckle, step back, and give us a swift kick in the balls.

85. naplesfan2010 says:

Patsies* leave Jabaal Sheard, their leader in sacks, home for the trip to San Fran. Wow Maybe Bellicheat is finally coming unhinged. That’s three quality starters he has cut from his front seven on D this season. Might have cost them the game against the Seahags.
    Wouldn’t it be awesome if the 9rs and Kap had their one other W against NE?

I’m more confident in this team in this part of the season then I was earlier. I think we all are.

87. 81Howie says:

I am finally getting some confidence in Tanny… Maybe Just maybe he steps up and gets his own self out of trouble.
    BIG PLAYS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN!
    or should I just stay home 😦

I’m already excited for the game…and another late game too. Need to find something to occupy my time til then. Getting a first taste of winter this weekend. Cold weather and sleet right now and WINDY! It just blew the door open from my deck. 💨💨💨

89. 81Howie says:

70 here now but 30’s will be here with this one for us.
    No sleet but it did one time about 8-10 years ago
    allot too.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 29m29 minutes ago
    Rams said they will deactivate CB Troy Hill for Sunday’s game after his DUI arrest.

Herd — glad to see the good report on Pouncey.

You ever see North Dallas Forty? Maybe he can even be ready this week with a talking too from special adviser for the day NIck Nolte.

Woke up to snow on the ground this morning (Already melted) I love this time of year. Hopefully we have snow for the Holiday season.

Dolphins release Culliver and activate a center from the PS.

So the local high school football team here just won the Wisconsin Division 1 football championship, their 4th in a row. They have a 56 game winning streak which is the longest active streak in the nation. USA today had an internet article about it. Kind of cool.

November 19, 2016 at 7:57 pm (Edit)

Herd — glad to see the good report on Pouncey.

I have seen the movie. And, fun fact, I’ve had a few drinks with Nick. Way back in the day, he was married to a girl from Charleston and from time to time would turn up in a bar downtown and I happened to be there one of those times. My roommate from Marshall was a bartender there. I had almost forgotten about that.

Way cool……but you have to offer up more than that. What was he like. Form the outside always seemed like a guy you did want to have a drink with.

• herdfan says:

Hmmmm, I think it’s safe to say most there had had more than a few drinks. It was a fun evening, that I remember. lol

I wish it would snow more at the WVU/Oklahoma game. Love games like that……unless it is the Dolphins playing in it..LOL

I have seen the movie. And, fun fact, I’ve had a few drinks with Nick.

herd,

my good friend bobby deniro always says it is not cool to name drop. like my boy Al says, rob you are better then that.

This WV game is just out of control. lol

I was at MetLife stadium last night (all decked out in BLUE because the Giants are home today) for the Jets CFO’s son’s Bar Mitzvah. We were out on the field playing football between 7PM and maybe 8-8:30. It was beautiful outside, about 58 degrees. Then the party gets started, and we go inside, and somewhere about 11PM, I look outside and it’s raining. When the party ended at 1AM, we go outside, and it’s really raining hard, and the temps are falling fast! By the time we get on the NJ Turnpike, it’s snowing pretty hard, and it was 36 degrees. Crazy! Cool to see the first snow though.