Ask Mike – 2016 Season Week 15

ASKMIKELogo

from Wyo

Q – So the unthinkable happened.
Tanny Finally can’t bounce back up after going down again.

Were you surprised at the reaction of the fan base after the injury?

If you mean fans were worried about about oft maligned QB, not really. Even his detractors have to admit he was playing well this season, there was a notable difference in his game, leadership, and how he’s viewed by his teammates. Not only that, but people tend to appreciate something more when it’s gone, so I get that.

You know I was hoping and thinking it wasn’t as bad as first reported, and thankfully, it wasn’t. I still think #17 has more to do on the field in ’17 for us. I think he’ll be back when we need him. I know it won’t be this week, I think Moore and the Dolphins will win this one. I’m thinking there’s a slight chance he may available next week, if necessary, but I’m hoping that’s not the case.

I think if we go to Miami at 10-5, and we face a Patriots team that still has something to play for, there’s a pretty good chance Tannehill will be playing. Honestly, that depends on how well Moore played in the 2 previous games. If Moore is playing well, I think we’ll see Tannehill in the playoffs, provided he’s healthy enough to play, and I think he will.
____________________________________________________
from Ken

Q – Put on your Adam Gase hat. Your Quarterback who you have been grooming into the leader of your team has been injured and you have 3 divisional games left with the playoffs at stake. Your next 2 games are on the road at cold weather sites against tough defenses. What is your game plan?

Ken

I expect we’re going to see more of the run game, and I hope we do. I think it’s been under utilized lately. Of course, the success up front dictates that somewhat, but I don’t want to put too much on Matt Moore’s shoulders, and I doubt Adam Gase does either. We’ve seen just a little of what Kenyan Drake can do, and I think it’s time to see more. I’d give Ajayi plenty of carries, and spell him with Drake and Williams.

I’d like to see Drake get some chances in the next 3 games, even if it’s mostly throwing to him out of the backfield. He’s a home run waiting to happen. I’ve felt we should have been running more lately even when Tannehill was the QB, so it should be even more so with Moore. I know the Jets are tough to run on, and i think the Jets will be fired up a bit at the start, until we put our foot down on their neck and squash them. They spoiled our playoff chances back in 2014, we were 8-7, and had a shot to be in the playoffs, with other teams needing to lose to help us in, and we unraveled against Geno Smith and the Jets. Geno, by the way, had a perfect 158.3 QB rating that game, throwing for 358 yards and 3 TD’s, completing 20 of 25 passes. They will have fight, until we knock it out of them. We need to impose our will.

Against BUF, pretty much the same thing. Run early and often, and we’ve already had success running against the bills, and the weather is irrelevant. We’ll see if Urbik can give us more of a push, but it looks like we have 4/5 of our line, and that should be enough.

That Patriots game really depends on what’s at stake for the Patriots. If they have home field locked up, we’ll see the starters for a half, and then even Emperor Belichick will rein them in for the playoffs, so at the very least, we better hang tough in that first half, and then finish them in the 2nd half.
____________________________________________________

from Piggy

Q – Oinks Human,

If you had a choice between wearing one of these jerseys for the next 3 games which would you choose:

A. Dion Jordan
B. Ryan Tannehill
C. Mike Pouncey
D. No jersey, instead a Jeff Ireland Memorial vile of “Fuck off”

In this scenario you have to choose one which will likely have the biggest impact on the next 3 games

Squiggly Salutations and Farts,

Sir Pigsgerald Oinkustus Bacon DeLaChuleta, AKA the Squiginator also AKA The deliverer of Snout Justice

Definitely #17! Like many on the team said, let’s win it for Ryan! That’s kind of the battle cry for the rest of the season, although the news that he isn’t as seriously hurt and may be available to play soon changes that a bit, but ah, what the hell, keep it going until he’s ready! I wish every Dolphins fan who goes to MetLife Saturday wears #17. That would be a fitting tribute to our QB who has taken the hits for 77 games and didn’t miss a game. 213 sacks, and an unfathomable amount of hits after throwing, including the low hit by Calais Campbell that finally took him out. GO DOLPHINS! GO TANNEHILL!
____________________________________________________

from Stanger

Q – Does it really matter if we make the playoffs or not?
Yes the season has offered hope for the future, but is this team in anyway playoff ready?
Wouldn’t 9-7 and a better draft choice be better than a Raven’s like loss in the first round?

stanger

Oh hell YESSSS!!! Any time you have a chance to make the playoffs, you have to do everything you can to make it. Sure, we have deficiencies, but so do other teams too. The Ravens beat us down, but if we play a better game, we can beat them.

It definitely matters to me. A little playoff experience never hurt anyone, and if Ryan Tannehill is back at that point (I think he will be), I think a playoff game would be a great experience for him. You know I love the draft as much as anyone, but I’d rather pick 5-7 spots down in the draft than sit out of the playoffs. You never know what can happen. If Ajayi can catch fire again, we beat a lot of teams out there.

You know how you get more playoff ready? By playing in the playoffs! Let this team experience that, and it will make them even hungrier to do more next season, and go further. I can’t see any reason in the world to hope we don’t make the playoffs, and certainly not because we won’t deserve it. If we go 11-5 or 10-6, we will damn well deserve it, regardless of our schedule.

I also think if we did face the Ravens again in a playoff game, there are a bunch of guys who would love to exact some revenge after being embarrassed by them just a few weeks ago. I honestly don’t feel like the Ravens are a far superior team, they just got us good that day. It happens.

These guys want the playoffs, it just takes things to another level. Think of a guy like Cam Wake. He doesn’t know how many more seasons he has, and I’m sure he’d love to take his chances in the playoffs. Adam Gase would learn a lot coaching a team in the playoffs, it would be great experience for him, even if he was there as an OC.

Just to make it clear, if we win 11 games, or even 9 or 10 games, and don’t make the playoffs, that in no way diminishes the fantastic job this team has done, and it’s so good to know the team is finally in good hands with HC Adam Gase. I’m already proud of what this team has accomplished, and the future looks bright in Miami!
___________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

344 Responses to Ask Mike – 2016 Season Week 15

1. 81Howie says:

If Heath Evans said it then that is good with me.
    For years he has been preeching how bad the Dolphins suck and you know what, He was right.
    Now if he says we are good enough to win out then I am going with that…
    HEATH KNOWS FOOTBALL!

Rock 30-16 NYJ
    Old 20-16 MIA
    Herd 23-17 MIA
    Prof 24-9 MIA
    Naples16-19MIA
    TANNEHILL!

I’d like to see him try! 😉

JJ Zachariason ‏@LateRoundQB 18h18 hours ago
    Bill Belichick could go 0-16 for 41 consecutive seasons and still have a better winning percentage than Gus Bradley.

4. So, it appears that, not only did Russia hack into our voting system but, they also hacked into the HAARP Antenna Array to control the rain at Hard Rock on Sunday.

Great job Mike,
    This may be one of my favorite comment you have had:
    “You know how you get more playoff ready? By playing in the playoffs!”

Oinks Mike

I LOVE THE COLUMN, Mike!! – – AND I loved Bookman’s quoting you,too! I would add that “to get more playoff ready YOU HAVE TO WIN A PLAYOFF GAME!! When Shula’s boys broke through and finally won “The Longest Game” on Christmas Day, 1971, I knew they could win a championship!” NOTHING beats a playoff win except MORE playoff wins. And we have not had one since the 2000 season!

GREAT WORK, Mike!

I know Bookman will laugh at this being in Wisconsin, but it’s freaking cold outside baby! It’s getting colder too, the wind chills are supposed to increase as the day goes on, and it will feel about zero tonight. Yuck!

Nice job Mike E

Thanks Mike E
    (Although that was watered down and politically correct) 😉

OD:
    Responding to the last nights post, hope you feel better and the Doc took great care of you. But the Bday thing? Not my bday. At this point one per year is PLENTY. I don’t need any extras.

Great job MikeE as usghe. Can’t agree more with your answer regarding playoffs vs higher draft pick.

Wyo

That cheerleader would be frozen here in NJ today. Wicked cold!

Herd

Mr. T will probably be wheeling and dealing again in the draft anyway, so where we pick initially is likely not where we end up picking.

Proud of you Mikey

SB

Why?

Mike,

I will not laugh at what others consider cold, I choose to live where I do for now, so I hope I don’t come across as wearing it like some badge of honor or something…LOL

After a few years living in Florida in the 80’s I though 65 was cold….LOL…it is all relative.

Speaking of the weather,
    I am not sure if this storm is going to head to you folks in the NE, but we are expecting 8-12″ of snow Friday night into Saturday.
    I better stock up on the Vodka, Captain Morgan, and Diet Dew..LOL. Oh I guess some food also…

Have to get back to work,,,,BBL

Good job Mike!

Remember we did run all over the Bills during the time when Ajayi went nuts and we also ran well against the Jets. Both games were at home but still.

Yes we did, but that was with all 5 OL healthy. Now we have one missing, and two hurting.

True, but we have to commit to the run game. it’s going to be in the 50s this weekend, but there will be rain. The Jets game will be colder though being at night. So running the ball might be the way to go for both teams.

Mike E — not sure how many times can say thanks for your great work, but once more it comes.

And heck I want a playoff game too, but was happy to see that you didn’t trot out “once you are in the show anything can happen.” Any one game for sure, but this team doesn’t make the Bowl, or even the AFC champ game.

You have a point on playoff experience though. And when was the last one? Thinking it was 2008.

Not sure if Forte is going to play, but Bilal Powell did really well last week in his place. We have to shut them down, and make Bryce Petty beat us. We need to keep the heat on him too.

Mike, great job on the article, even if i do not completely agree with your answers.

I really hope they do not try to rush Tanny back, and id be really disappointed in our coaching staff if he was playing in the Pats game. I understand fully whats on the line, but being a part of a college team who had their starting QB come back briefly, after suffering a very similar injury, only to return to injured status, id warn against it. Brining him back too soon could complicate his recovery and i just wouldn’t risk that. We need to lean on the rest of the team to get us through and Moore to lead us. Its a damn good thing they didnt listen to the rest of us and cut Moore, because this situation is not one i would rather have Doughty taking the reigns, earlier in the year i think had we really been considering benching Tanny, it would have been smart to go with Doughty, but right now, im really happy we have Moore.

That said one of the other disagreements i have with your responses, and its a minor one, is that i think the game plan with Moore will be slightly different than you might expect. Moore’s strength is in his ability to make big plays. Yes we will lean on the running game some but i think if we wont to work as most effective we use run to set up the play action pass game, which is a strength of Moore’s. So i somewhat agree we will be looking to run more, simply because thats kinda what all teams do when falling back to a backup QB option, i think we actually have an advantage that we can show an offense that isnt what opposing teams will anticipate because it will differ enough with Moore in there.

I think we may actually see more chunk yardage passing plays, mixed in with a steady dose of run plays. Moore also being a seasoned vet with starting experience should be able to come in and run this offense fairly solidly, so unlike what you might feel about having to fall back to a backup, i think our situation is much better than most teams, and also a reason i wouldnt rush Tanny back. If Tanny comes back i think it should be to lead us in the playoffs.

Incidentally i fully agree with you that draft position, at this point is not something we should be playing for or even concerned with. Where we end up at this point will not make a major difference for us one way or the other so play to do our best and finish with the best record possible. I say play to push for the playoffs, and if we dont make it, maybe we at least keep the Bills out or take home field advantage from the Pats.

D — you should start putting out articles. Put together a bunch of your posts on a given day and you got one. And you are always insightful and eloquent. Seems just a small polish step to be top of the board.

And agree that with Moore we are going to be a different team out there. Thinking maybe not so different from the Ravens with Flacco. Also think we now have coaching that will adjust to what we can do rather than force what they square want into round holes (see Philbin and Sparano).

December 15, 2016 at 8:52 am

yeah i know, it is going to be down right freezing here tonight. like mid 50’s or something.

D

I’m not saying Moore can’t pass, I just don’t think he’s going to be the focus of the offense, and I hope he isn’t. He can be a little careless at times, he’s a gambler, so I don’t want him throwing the ball any more than Tannehill was. I mentioned that I thought we should have been running more him too, so there you have it.

As far as “rushing” Tannehill back, I never suggested that. Either he’s healthy and can play, or he won’t. I think he might be healthy to play, that’s what I’m saying. I wouldn’t, and either would the Dolphins put him in if he can’t play.

I wonder if Alonso is back in the lineup this week and he said he will be, if Hull will also remain in the lineup?

Yep it got a bit colder overnight. 18 here right now.

Ya
    but who wants to see a cheerleader in a parka?

Nice job mike,
    although playoffs would be great I think getting to 9 wins is also important. If we can’t win 9 games and lose the last 3 games, it’s the same shit different year.

9 wont cut it for the playoffs but it would be a huge confidence booster. I think we have 10 wins if we can just stay the course and get good solid games out of everyone.

I think in retrospect, some of our competition have much harder roads. Balt almost assuredly takes one more loss, potentially 2. I see them anywhere from 8-8 to 9-7 for the yea so 2 wins would give us an in over them.

Denver, i think has 2 more losses, so i think they are a 9-7 team. @ wins puts usin over them.

Tennessee has probably at least one more loss, potentially 2 (Houston), making them a 9-7 team, 2 wins pusts us in.

Houston has at least 1 possibly 2, see above. Putting us in. with 2 more wins.

Rest of the teams would have to win out just to be 9-7, so again, 2 wins gets us in over them.

I think the Jets game and the Buffalo game are both winnable if we show up ready to play and can push through the weather conditions. Im actually more worried about playing against the wesather than i am the teams we are facing.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree 9 wins won’t be enough for playoffs but 9 wins is better than 8 wins. 🙂

I just want one more win to be happy with this season. Its our first winning season since 08. Anything more is gravy.

NYC is fucking cold today

34. Realist says:

LOL define cold…it’s currently 8 above here in Sioux Falls, SD with snow on the way. The low on Saturday, air temperature, will be -28. Add the wind and we’ll be near -50. Go PHINS!

It’s 25

Anything lower isn’t cold
      It’s the devil

I hate it

It’s supposed to be 60 or so on Sunday though

Piggy, it’s going to be warm this weekend with rain then cold again then back in the 40s but more rain. It sucks I’m trying to finish my leaf removal and I did most of it but the weather turned on me to finish. Can’t do it in the rain. Ugh!

36. Phins rank 10th in yards per play on offense. Only problem is they are dead last in offensive plays per game with an avg of 57; followed by the Bears, Brown and, surprisingly, the Lions.

A lot of that was early on. We were bad in TOP the first 5 games. Then Ajayi took off and then we leveled out a bit. We haven’t been last during our 7 of 8 run.

37. Pro Football Talk had an article on the Bills saying they should bench Taylor for the remainder of the year to save themselves $27.5 million in March. They said since the Bills don’t have a shot at the playoffs, which they still have a slim shot, they should bench Taylor because if he gets injured for the remaining 3 games he’s guaranteed the money.
    They’re basically saying he’s not worth the guaranteed money and they can cut him before March and save that amount but if they play him and he’s injured he gets it no matter what. I wonder if the Bills feel the same way. If they do we’d be going against Cardale Jones instead.

You guys do realize that sprain in terms of his MCL and ACL isnt, no tear right? A level 2 sprain is a partial tear, nd level 2 means its moderate. Its just not a full on rupture, fully severing the ligament. It mean there is an outside change it could heal on its own but since its level 2 id say 50% chance he has surgery at the end of the year to fix the tear.

He also has at least two parts of whats called the terrible triad, and i dont know if they are just not reporting the meniscus part or if they have reported it, and said it was fine, but generally when the other two get injured, you have some damage to the third.

I just see this injury as teetering on the edge of something really bad and pressure on him, pressure on the team, etc to get him back early is going to be strong. We need to resist it, because usually what he has is a 6 week recovery minimum.

They said no tears and no surgery required. But there is likely swelling and discomfort at this time.

Tim sprain means some tearing, i can reference the web page if ya want but there said the term sprain is and the degree of sprain tells you the number of ligament fibers that are affected. They all represent damage to the ligament, and the severity tells you how many fibers were torn. “tear” represents a full rupture of the ligament.

If all he had was bruising they wouldnt have called it a sprain, and even if they did it wouldn’t have been a level 2 severity.

I think they would be smart to do that Lou,the only real benefit for not doing it would be to keep the team unity, but that team is about to break apart this off season i bet so i dont think that matters much. They are going to want a clean slate, because i would be Rex, and possibly the GM as well will be gone next year. New people most likely are not going to want to be tied down to an expensive QB that they didnt choose.

D, I know that about sprains but many people rebound from sprains in a couple of weeks. Listen we have no idea what RT’s time table is right now. We’ll find out soon enough. They’re not going to play him if they think he’s not ready. These injuries can be 2-6 week rehabs so we’ll see what Ryan’s is.

I had a similar diagnosis with my calf a while back. They called it a calf strain, but i actually tore some fibers in my calf, it was actually considered a level 2 strain, like Tanny’s MCL diagnosis. I could walk around on it, it swole up like crazy, but it healed itself and only had somewhat minor lasting impact. I wouldnt expect the MCL to have much of a lasting effect, since itns not a muscle, and it will heal itself, its just a matter of IF it might be better to do the surgery to strengthen the MCL/ACL or if they feel it will re-attach itself well enough to not create a better chance re-injury.

D, how do you know the depth of RT’s injury? All they reported from what I read was no tears and no surgery necessary. Did you read something different?

I saw it reported as a level 2 MCL/ACL strain. They did not report any meniscus damage, thought they also didnt report not having meniscus damage. Generally if you get MCL damage you get meniscus damage of some level.Again these are thins that say, OMG he will never be the same again, no its minor compared to a full on rupture, which would require surgery, you just cant say oh its just a little swelling and bruising because its more than that, which is why i keep stressing, don’t bring him back unless absolutely necessary or im afraid we will be putting to chance, his future for a here an now.

By tears, they are reporting no rupture, thats what im saying is there is a difference in the medical term for MCL tear, and what we percieve as “tear”. Tear in medical terms is a full teram not damge or tearing of “some” of the fibers.

full tear…not sure what that word was lol

D, they have doctors checking him out. I do not think the team would play him if they feel he requires 4-6 weeks or whatever.

You are likely right Tim, but Doctors just say “able to play” and then they let the patient make the decision for themselves. Can you tell me Tanny isnt dying to get back out there? Do you not think he would risk it a little if he thought he could get back out there a game sooner, especially with the playoffs on the line?

I wasnt saying i thought they would do it on purpose, i was just saying everyone is so eager to get to the playoffs, the fans are so eager to get there, the players, the coaches, the FO, that it might be easy to not be as careful with next year or next couple of years when this years success is in the balance right now.

Its really not worth arguing about and wasn’t my intention to start with. Just was trying to bring clarity to what we are really talking about with his injury. It just seemed to me everyone was kinda downplaying its severity and talking about possibly getting him back by Pats game, so i was saying that would be a bad idea. 2-6 weeks doesnt mean you should do it in 2, just means you might be able to. Im sure anything closer to the 6 is probably better for the patient.

43. naplesfan2010 says:

Shouldn’t we just play Tannehill for the first offensive play to keep his streak going? Nobody deserves a little cheating in his favor more than Steel Tannehill.

At the very least shouldn’t we get him a 6 yd pass completion sometime in the next 3 games so he gets over 3000 yards again and keeps that streak going?

I only favor these cheats because he was taken out on a cheapshit low blow and that’s a f’n ripoff.

D

We’ll have to wait and see with Tannehill. First everyone was sure he tore his ACL, and it was a sprain. I sprained both knees, it was my MCL’s and I was playing ball 3 weeks later. No pain or discomfort, and I was 20 years older than Tanny. I’m hopeful he’ll be OK to play, but if he’s not, then he won’t play. There not going to risk him, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t do that.

Regardless of where people rank him he is our franchise QB and is valued that way. You can’t rusk him if he’s not ready. I don’t think the team will do that either.

I was thinking about this scenario. Say Moore helps us win the next two games and the Pats game has playoff implications, but Tannehill is ready to go. If we lose that game and miss the playoffs there is going to be “we should have stuck with Moore, he was hot and Tannehill was rusty” commentary regardless if that was really the case or not. Tough spot for the coaches.

What would you do? This is based on Tannehill is fine, not hampered.

• bookman11 says:

I would play Tanny. He is healthy, he is the starter. To me it would be far worse to lose with Moore playing and Tanny never getting the chance versus the other way around . JMHO

So would I but you know the Monday morning QBs will be in full force with all kinds of woulda coulda shoulda. LOL

• bookman11 says:

If they would lose you are right…the choice would be wrong either way. If they win, then everyone would say the choice was right.

It is kind of like going for 2 points to win a game…if you miss it, it was the wrong choice, if you get it, it was the right choice…LOL

Mike

Here is a kind of funny anecdote.
    I copied and pasted this comment from your article into a comment I made above
    “You know how you get more playoff ready? By playing in the playoffs!”
    I did this on my work computer. It was still on my clipboard, and I was just typing an internal e-mail, and must have accidently hit “paste”, and the comment ended up in the middle of my reply on my e-mail.

Good thing I re-read it before I hit send…LOL

LMAO!!! That’s great

• bookman11 says:

And the e-mail was going to the other members of the leadership team at our plant. They know me well though, and would understand it happening considering the source…LOL

That’s awesome! Piggy almost did that sending an email to his former boss saying “the seven samurais according to Piggy.” LMAO!!!

I did something similar within copy on a brochure or some media type saying something regarding football that had no business being in there. The account rep was like how the hell did football get in there? I was like that’s weird. LOL

Bookman, exactly! That’s why I said “Tough spot for the coaches.” LOL

• bookman11 says:

Tim, tough viewing it from a fan’s perspective, but If the decision Gase makes in that situation is the one his team supports, I am sure he can live with us “experts” outside of the locker room…LOL

Bookman

I would definitely play Tannehill any time he’s ready to go. He’s the starter, and any other team would do the same. If you’re thinking Dallas, it was a much longer time period, at least 8 games, so that’s a different story.

• bookman11 says:

I agree. This is not like the Dallas situation, in fact much different in that Tannehill is the young future, and Moore is the older veteran. Additionally, like you said, this would only be a 2 game replacement, not most of the season.

December 15, 2016 at 3:34 pm (Edit)
    D

Wait just one minute there Mr Hand. Not everyone was sure. Lol

Mike, I was thinking about the reaction vs. the decision. If Tannehill is ready to go he starts. That’s the way every team would do it. But fans jump on the backup QB bandwagon quickly. We could win two games with Moore and some would say dump Tannehill and his salary, we can win with Moore. LOL

Time for me to head home before I actually mess up something at work this time…….BBL

‘We could win two games with Moore and some would say dump Tannehill and his salary, we can win with Moore. LOL’

would….would…WOULD?????

come one tim, you know LOTS have been saying that forever

I wonder how much Craft paid for this?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m18 minutes ago
    The #Patriots have claimed WR Michael Floyd, source said. That’s a big-time addition.

The reaction would be the same either way if we lose. “They should have played the other guy!!!”

55. 81Howie says:

Evening Update
    DOLPHINS-JETS
    Howie 29-17 MIA
    Toba 24-9 MIA
    Piggy 20-3 MIA
    MikeE 16-9 MIA
    B’man 27-13 MIA
    Rock 30-16 NYJ
    Old 20-16 MIA
    Herd 23-17 MIA
    Prof 24-9 MIA
    Naples16-19MIA
    TANNEHILL!

The Patriots are always willing to claim castoffs. Sometimes it works out for them, sometimes it doesn’t. They always get the credit when they work out, and you don’t hear a thing when they don’t

I’m willing to go on record that if Tannehill is healthy enough to play, and won’t do further damage to his knee doing what he usually does on the field, then he should play no matter what Moore does the next 2 weeks.

58. drg says:

Mike,

Nice job.

Hell yes we want to go 10-6 and make the playoffs. The only way to permanently change the bad culture around our team is to win. Gase can preach whatever he wants, but if we keep losing players tune him out and it’s the same old same old… Anything less than 2-1 over our next three will be a big disappointment. Doesn’t mean the season was a bust, but it would be an opportunity lost for sure.

Looks like Jenkins may play against the Jets

Howard says he is ready to play. Gotta like that.
    ——————-

“I’ll be playing this week,” Howard said after Thursday’s practice. “It’s been nine weeks, so I’ve just been patient, waiting, trusting the process and just ready to get back out there.”

“I feel really good about him right now,” coach Adam Gase said. “He’s just comfortable.”

Love it! We may have Howard and Jenkins back. Slowly, our guys are coming back, and this is the right time too.

Nice to get Howard some time and the big win out of him being out is what Lippett showed.

Yeah I am still thinking future.

I SEE THE MOCK DRAFTS are already sprouting up. WELL, IMHO, the single biggest need the Dolphins have going into this draft is the best offensive lineman available. Of what I perceive to be the best available, only ELFLEIN of Ohio State is very highly rated at both Center and Guard–which would be a real plus, especially if Pouncey can not regain his old form. I also believe we need to take ANOTHER O-Lineman in round 3, or, if we get a comp pick, maybe round 4. Round 2 I’d be looking for the best LB available. I know, many subscribe to the “best available player” philosophy, and we did BOTH when we got Tunsil in round one. BEST player and a major need filled! I would NOT put TE ahead of DB in the coming draft, either.

I think we traded our comp picks for next year.

• Brian in NY says:

I don’t think comp picks have been awarded yet. We did trade our 3rd rounder for a guy who barely plays though.

OD — hoping where we pick main concern in all our rounds is going to be BPA. Not that we won’t look at need but we are going to have a lot of FA money too. I figure let them (and hoping that means Gase) put the team together.

Stanger

I agree with the FA $$$, that’s why I think there could be an OL and a LB in there for us.

Good to hear that Howard is back. I could care less about Jenkins, He’s been playing like shit this season. Maybe it’s injuries, but he’s looked bad this season.

Bri

I know one of the picks was the lowest pick in the RD, so if we got a comp pick in that RD, it would be that pick, but the 3rd might have been our regular pick. I can’t remember if it was the 3rd or 4th RD

• Brian in NY says:

I just looked it up- we traded a 2016 6th rounder, and a 3rd and 4th rounder in 2017. The 4th rounder can be a compensatory pick if we receive on in the 4th. Worse than we thought.

Not worse, that’s what I thought it was, I just wasn’t sure which RD we had the option of the comp pick in. Now we know it’s the 3rd, which sucks, but that’s T-Bomb for ya!. Think Carroo will be more involved next year, but then does that mean we let Stills go?

• Brian in NY says:

I hope not. He’s really fitting well into Gase’s offense.

• Brian in NY says:

Even if Caroo is more involved next year, we could have drafted someone this year with a 3rd or a 4th. I didn’t see the value at the time, and I see it even less now. I thin GM’s just fall in love with a player sometimes.

A few thought’s for Saturday’s game:
    Robby Anderson is going to be a tough matchup for our secondary.
    I hope Maxwell can shut Marshall the hell up.

Bri

I think Carroo is going to be a very good player, but if Parker, Landry and Stills are here, that’s a tough place to find touches.

• Brian in NY says:

He could be. I’m sure it was a safety net for Stills potentially leaving, I just don’t see how it was worth it when Parker, Landry and Stills ARE here. Like I said, I really hope that we re-sign Stills.

The Pats signed Michael Floyd today. That’s a pretty solid pickup.

Guys, we have a ton of cap room next year because we have a ton free agents leaving. Or potentially leaving. 24 free agents next year.

Guys, we have a ton of cap room next year because we have a ton of Free Agents. 24 of our 53 are free agents next year.

Test test test

Why can’t I post?

Test test

OMG. Just turned on TNF. My eyes are hurting.

Does anyone else think it’s weird that Mike didn’t choose the Jeff Ireland Memorial Vile of “fuck off”?

I hope Maxwell has a big game

Marshall been being a huge dbag

Is there something wrong with the color on my TV?

That’s what I mean. Just got home and turned it on. Yikes!

Good thing I don’t have to go to bed early watching this game. The matchup is boring but the Seattle uniforms would burn my retinas under my eye lids

79. 81Howie says:

Old 20-16 MIA
    Herd 23-17 MIA
    Prof 24-9 MIA
    Naples16-19MIA
    TANNEHILL!!

Test damn it test test

What the hell is going on why can’t I not post?

What the fuck? Have I been blocked for some reason?

HELLO!

hello what the hell

Buckets

87. OD,
    If an o-lineman is the BPA when we pick and there’s absolutely no comparison between the guy there and someone else I’d say “okay” but there’s no way there’s a BIGGER NEED on this team than at the LB position. No way we could go into next season sporting what we’ve got there. The LB position on this team absolutely SUCKS.

88. Interestingly enough, the team tried to re-sign Zac Dysert first but he didn’t want to go back to Miami for 3 weeks and be cut again.

Test again this morning

Am I unblocked??

Still really freaking cold here in NJ, although as Bookman so well stated . . “Cold is relative”

Tim, i dont think there should be any controversy. Tannehill is the leader of the team, when he is able to play again, he plays. He earned that, the team sees him as the true leader of the team, thats the end of that argument imo. Again, as i said before i just hope its with hesitation to his future that i hope they are ctious, also id rather have him back for playoff game 1 or even playoff game 2 if it meant he had the ability to push us deeper in the playoffs. Leadership characteristics is where strong teams get stronger in the playoffs. Manning wasnt the most able QB last season, but he was the leader. The team rallied around him and even though their wins werent pretty down the stretch, they won for him.

I dont care if Moore is coming off a 350 yard 3 TD performance… i give the ball to Tanny next game if my evaluation of him is he is 100% and can take back over.

• Brian in NY says:

There is zero QB controversy. We will see that first hand in these next three games as the playbook will be reduced because Moore is playing.

December 16, 2016 at 8:51 am

LOL! Gotta admit, that’s pretty funny
    —————————————-
    What i love about it is man Maxwell is deep in that crazy fuckers head right now….

Again, the ONLY reason im for caution in bringing him back is for Tanny’s overall future with this team. I would not sacrifice him to get into the playoffs as bad a s i want him, i would only bring him back if i felt confident that he was at no greater harm to further injury.

Maxwell should bring tissues for Marshall.

Maxwell has almost won the battle against Marshall already with those kind of statements. He cant out physical him but im liking the comments Marshall is making because i think he will have him under control by game time. I think sometimes its an undervalued skill the mental component of a CB’s game, sometimes its just annoying and sometimes it draws more flags on them but in the long run it really has a shutdown effect on alpha receivers. Maxwell is handsy and he does draw some flags, but he has found his way into some receivers heads and you can see it on the field. I think he deliberately draws a couple PI’s to be honest i think he is testing not only the receiver and his ability to frustrate them but also the limits he can get away with with the refs. You can see how it changes as the game progresses, so he is definitely studying and learning as he goes.

So no one knows what Tanny’s rehab schedule is, Matt Moore hasn’t started one game. How in the world would we already have a QB controversy?

Maxwell, besides the 2 INT’s this season has 15 passes defensed and 4 forced fumbles. That’s a lot for a CB

Herd

Did you see my email?

“two LBs, OL help, a DE, a TE and maybe a WR”

That’s five players (without the WR).
      We should have $50 mil in cap room.
      After re-signs and and the rookie class……should have $30 mil to play with.
      Add in the 1st and 2nd pick and that is all five.
      Maybe that extra WR will have to wait.

I’d re-sign Stills and roll with who we have at WR. Carroo should be more of a factor next year and maybe Grant too.

Duarte may also develop into a receiving weapon even if not a prototype TE. Sims is also a UFA who I would re-sign as well but we could use another big TE who can get down the field.

I was thinking that we re-do Landy to keep him in the fold and maybe re-sign Stills. Not thinking Stills should cost that much but have been wrong on such before. Like the idea of being four strong at wideout though in this system where we use three so often. Someone is almost for sure going to get hurt.

In our system, PD’s are big, because we play a physical sytle of pass defense. PD’s means our guy stayed in the dude’s pocket and swatted it away, which again, is the more likely scenario with this defense as it is. We arent looking for ballhawk CB’s unless those skills come with a guy who can also be physical.

I think the idea of number 1 number 2 CB also is completely outdated to go along with the ints being a litmus for good CB. Ints come really from QB making stupid decisions, generally on longer/deeper passes. QB’s these days are abotu 50/50 dink and dunk, which makes int’s hard for a CB to get, since mostly who is covering the intermediate crossing routes is a NCB, S or LB. Jalen Tabor is a guy i harp on, not because he is UF, but because he is that combo or press skills CB and blalhawking.

Either way i think Maxwell’s numbers support the fact he has played decently, though we all know he has had his issues with penalties and occasional mind lapse where he gets absolutely burned. Howard, if on a equal level with Maxwell would be a good combo, Lippett to the slot would be solid 3CBs. Id still probably target a CB in draft, maybe even a 1st rounder, Worst case we have is Howard, Maxwell and new guy compete for the two outside spots, the losers falls to NCB. Lippett might wind up being trade bait, or just the kind of depth you really would love to have on your team.

I wouldn’t go over the top at WR or TE for that matter

We should just re-sign stills
    I know out TE group doesn’t look so good
    But I don’t know that we need that much talent across the board in terms of receivers
    I really have to see what is available at TE
    But I don’t think we should talk about it as a need
    I know Sims is not a great receiver
    But he is an exceptional blocker
    And our offense has been good in the redzone

The interior OL can easily fall apart if Pouncey is done (some one reported he was unhappy at IR so I think Pouncey wants to play) but if Pouncey is ready to go, it’s an easier hole to plug

But on defense….ughhhh…we need a better pass rush and better play from the LB position

Rock if you are reading try posting something again please.

There arent a ton of guys i wouldnt at least try to re-sign off this team. The nucleus is pretty solid feeling, we just need to stack some talent on top in some cases, and on the bottom in others. For example id resign Bushrod, but id do it with the intention of him as a depth player, backup at OT or OG. Id try to replace him either in FA or Draft with a guy i planned on playing primarily at OG but who might be able to replace someone at another position if it comes to it. So a versatile OL like Pocic, who has played all position on the OL.

You would essentailly have a case for what if BA goes down, well move Tunsil to LT, Bushrod to RG, Pocic LG. Pouncey is out, Steen to RG, Pocic to OC. James goes out, Bushrod to RT. Combination of BA and Pouncey and James for example. BA Tunsil to LT, Pocic to OC, Steen to LG, Bushrod to RT. To me that would really make me feel god about out OL depth and it really only would take one re-sign and one draft pick to do it. We could do it with a FA signing like Zeitler as well, but we wouldn’t have the versatility as we would with Pocic.

We need a similar level of depth at LB but i think its going to take a little more doing to get us to that spot there. Maybe combination of FA and couple of draft picks, but definately a double dip in the draft.

I think WR is a spot you add a player every year, even if its later round and we are making sure our depth is as deep as possible. Id draft a WR regardless. How early i went would really depend on the re-sign of Stills or if i just got a guy i thought would add a new dimension to our group. A larger bodied guy with similar skills to Stills would be an upgrade. Still is going to try to get paid this time, there are likely teams that will outbid us unless we want to over pay for him. He is a good complimentary receiver, but he is far from a focal receiver, and i think he is going to try to get both the pay and the play of a focal receiver in this next FA. I think there are teams that will bite too. I dont think the re-sign of Stills is at all going to be in our control.

The thing is we’ve added 4 WRs through the draft the last 3 years. I don’t think we have to add one every year because you want the ones you did draft to develop. Our WR group is really young but three of them have some experience now.

This kinda has a feels a skip a year drafting a WR

If we do take one

Make it a late day 3 pick
        Not an early pick

Piggy, TE will be a need if we don’t re-sign Sims. If we do re-sign him then TE becomes more of a want. I don’t see why people feel we can’t add a seam TE because somehow that will keep us from adding other positions.

We can draft a WR, but I want to see last years draft pick get a lot more action next season. What’s the point of trading 3 picks for a guy you don’t use? I think Carroo can be a really good NFL receiver too, but if there’s something he’s not getting or improving with, MAKE him improve, do what you have to do to get him making plays out there.

Hoping Caroo is the real deal given what we spent on him. At the same time, even if he is looking good in practice we still need Stills or someone like him…..he’s our only speedster threat deep.

Grant has plenty of speed too, we just haven’t used him. I like Stills, he really showed up this season. I hope we re-sign him too.

Grant has the speed, but if he is a polished WR we haven’t seen that yet……but who knows what happens in practice.

Do NOT piss off the hand or you will be BLOCKED! LOL

Resign Stills and use Duarte and Grant at wide receiver. If WR is still an option sign a late round guy

im just basically Oinking
    Draft defense early
    Then draft more defense early
    Them more defense early

When we get into day 3 then make you can think about offense…lol

It would be nice to solidofy the interior OL before the draft

Not sure tha plan
    I assume Tunsil will be our LT
    Not sure if Albert is gone
    Albert did play OG in college – maybe Tunsil and Albert can just flip

and who knows with Pouncey

But Tunsil and James are pretty good bookends
    James is actually probably our best OL lately – he played bad in September
    But that seems to have changed

Think it will be a big ego letdown for Albert to switch to G, especially with his paygrade, which is a more practical matter.

Maybe he will give in to the advancing years thing though and take a redo.

I don’t see why we need to flip them. Tunsil will replace Albert when he’s gone at some point. For now keep it the way it is and build chemistry.

The big issue with Albert is that he is due $10 million next year (with only pro-rated bonus left v the cap) and we have Tunsil there to play the LT position he was drafted for. Whether salary or draft position…..one of them would be a real expensive G.

Can we just change our base defense to the 5-2 and have Phillips, Suh, and Mitchell in the middle and not have to rely on 3 linebackers? lol

Stanger, Parker is a vertical threat too. We just need to get him healthy and playing consistent. He has the most talent at the position due to size, speed and catch radius.

I want to add to the good players we have, not keep adding by subtracting. Continue to develop our young players and add more talent to the mix. Next you know we’re loaded.

I have pissed off the blogging gods and it has been determined that I am a spammer

Woooohoooooohooooo.

It worked okay now I have to get back to work no time to blog today

Thank you MikeE and Herd!

Damn Squirrels. I will get them!

It seems to be all good now. Mike & Herd. Thank you very much for the assistance.

December 16, 2016 at 1:12 pm

We actually do play that with a LB on the LOS and two LBs acting as inside backers
    ———————————
    Sometimes our formation has it that way, but thats not base formation like SB7 was referring to, even though he was just goofin around.

It doesn’t matter what we call it, we use it a lot and we play nickel more than base anyway. We use 3-3-5 too. The WOLB usually blitzes the backfield even if the run goes the other way. He’s there to prevent cutback runs or attack the QB if it’s play-action.

Grant is actually the WR we should be wanting to use for those WR screens we keep wanting to run.

I’m a little worried to let him anywhere near the ball these days

He is just trying to do too much.Trying so hard to make everything a homerun that he is neglecting the ball handling. Its rookie nerves from what i can tell. We will see i guess.

I think they feel the same way Piggy

I agree D, Grant is looking up field too quickly. The coaches don’t want to put too much on his plate just yet. But he has been running fake end arounds of late and one of these times he’s going to get it. Hopefully he breaks one. 🙂

LMAO @ Piggy

20: R1P20 LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM VANDERBILT
    52: R2P20 C PAT ELFLEIN OHIO STATE
    98: R3P34 EDGE DAESHON HALL TEXAS A&M
    162: R5P20 CB CHANNING STRIBLING MICHIGAN
    176: R5P34 TE MICHAEL ROBERTS TOLEDO
    199: R6P20 LB HARDY NICKERSON ILLINOIS
    238: R7P20 WR QUINCY ADEBOYEJO OLE MISS

Fuckin Stabby runs out of bounds with nobody around!

122. 17-6 MIA is my prediction! It’s going to be wet and cold. A grind it out kinda game so hopefully Ajayi can get going early.

Old Rivalries renewed!
    PS. this is as heated as the Fins and Stej!!!!!

As heated as a once semi relevant vs a never relevant can be! JBB

I have been wanting to ask you about the RB out of Wyoming, Brian Hill i think is his name. I have seen a little of him, looks good but do you think he is legit or is it the competition level?

He is Legit!
        I can’t wait to see him run with an NFL Oline!

Our Center was very good but the rest are sorely undersized!

.@MDC_Britt rocking her fringe on the runway

SHE CAN “ROCK” anything she wants!!

Ok, now I really need to get back to work. LOL

Yeah unfortunately Center is a position we have to look at for sure this offseason.

I definitely think Marshall owes us an fumble and a couple of drops for that MNF performance against the jests

Piggy i think i passed on Dawuane Smoot, Harold Landry and Demarcus Walker. I like Daeshon Hall as good as any of those guys so no biggie to me.

It’s going to be very strange watching the Dolphins play on a Saturday night

its totally weird

I’m going to Slatterys at no one tomorrow

Nat Moore and Joe Rose will be there
      I think they are filming the Joe Rose show
      so it is expected to be a big turnout

Then I’m going to go home
      and then I might go back to Slatterys to watch the late game

WTF!

BriNY 27-17 MIA
    Vinnie 17-6 MIA
    Tim 23-16 MIA
    TANNEHILL!!!

12pm Mike

Lol@bookman

On Sunday there a bunch of games
    But I don’t even know if there are any college games this Saturday
    So I can’t hang Out in bar that long

D
    Tanny’s replacement plays for Wyoming!
    We can draft him next year or the year after! 😉

bookman11 says:
    December 16, 2016 at 2:35 pm
    10 hours at a bar? Sounds like a Saturday in Wisconsin
    ——————–

Sounds like a good time too.
    So long as there is is some football, brats, Leinenkugel and a snowplow uber home. 🙂

• bookman11 says:

Yep….all sounds great, although I would personally prefer Captainniver the Lennies.

We can do the same down here though absent the brews……and no one has to shovel a drive way. But admittedly — instead of Brats we worry about what the catch of the day was and the local beer ain’t as good. Give me time and I will make you understand where heaven is for all intense yet retired book cops. 🙂

I couldn’t spend 10 hours at a bar, no shot. If I was drinking all day, I’d be in a coma after 6, and if I wasn’t drinking, you’d have to hold me at gunpoint to stay that long. lol

Rock

If you’re lurking about, I started the Prince of Blood a few days ago. It’s really dragging ass so far. I hope it gets better. It probably will, all the other books were entertaining.

Howard is not on the list.
    Pouncey is not cause he went IR.
    Williams moves up to questionable (but don’t count on him for sure).
    Otherwise pretty healthy for a late season game (no doubtfuls).
    ————————
    Dolphins Injury Report

QB Ryan Tannehill (Knee) — Out
    S Isa Abdul-Quddus (Neck) — Questionable
    OT Branden Albert (Wrist) — Questionable
    LB Kiko Alonso (Hamstring, Hand) — Questionable
    G Jermon Bushrod (Shoulder) — Questionable
    LB Jelani Jenkins (Knee, Hand) — Questionable
    CB Bobby McCain (Hand) — Questionable
    LB Spencer Paysinger (Thigh) — Questionable
    C Anthony Steen (Foot) — Questionable
    DE Mario Williams (Ankle) — Questionable

Stanger

I would be fine not seeing Mario Williams on the field again wearing a Dolphins uniform. He’s done. He shows nothing of what he used to be. He looks like he’s just out there collecting paychecks.

My Saturday dinner plans are off woohoo 😆

10 hours with Bookman in a bar could be dangerous especially if he brings his mug

Rockphin’s prediction for tomorrow’s game.

Dolphins D – 4 picks, 2 FF, one recovered.
    Jet’s D – 1 pick, 2 FF, one recovered.

Special teams wins game for Dolphins.

Man, when is it going to cool off? It is freaking hot out there. It’s December!

Piggy, yes tomorrow will be about 44 degrees but the game is at 8:25 PM so it’s going to be in the 30s by game time and it could drop into the 20s. There could be rain too. I hope it has stopped by then.

Mike, Prince of Blood was a little disappointing. I didn’t like Boric and Erlund the characters all that much. I think that is the book where they introduce the character Nakor though and he is a staple of the series in the future (along with Pug) ((I still don’t like that name!))

It picks up a little bid later in the book but it wasn’t one of the best.

Adam SchefterVerified account
    ‏@AdamSchefter
    Two words on why Leonard Fournette absolutely is doing the right thing by skipping the bowl.

Jaylon. Smith.

147. drg says:

Wyoming,

I will be rooting hard for your boys to kick the crap out of BYU. Few things I enjoy as much as watching the cougies and patsies lose. Good luck!

Are your boys good this year? BYU should be a good test for them, but I’m tempted to bet the -8 1/2 line. What do you think?

We beat Boisie State and ended with a 9-4 record.

Lost our NT to an MCL it really hurt our run D

Sat, Nov 5vsUtah StateW 28 – 52Final
      Sat, Nov 12@UNLVL 66 – 69Final
      Sat, Nov 19vsSan Diego StateW 33 – 34Final
      Sat, Nov 26 @ New Mexico L 35 – 56 Final
      Sat, Dec 3 vs San Diego State L 27 – 24 Final
      Wed, Dec 21 vs BYU 9:00 PM

Would you pay Mario Williams $10M next season?

No and I think we’ll release him. He along with Wake getting up there in age is why I think we need to go DE early. I’d use some of that money from Williams to re-sign Branch.

OK, wasn’t sure, it seemed like you may have been defending him.

well we have Dion Jordan……….Four years…….39 tackles……3 sacks…..

First & second round pick……..

WHAT A COLOSSAL BUST!!

Well he did start playing well early in the season then got a concussion. He wasn’t the same after that and then hurt his ankle. He’s missed two games because of each. But I do not think he’s worth $10.5M next season and his cap hit is only $2M. I reallocate that money to Branch who took his job along with Wake.

We’ll likely sign a DE in FA and draft one top two rounds.

Rock

Jordan was a killer. Imagine how the Redskins felt with RG III

Mike, I am slogging through “The first King of Shannara” right now. I read all the other Shannara books years ago. I’m about 1/2 through and if I had ANYTHING else on deck to read, I would be reading it now.

I’ve moved on from Jordan. He busted out a long time ago.

Dion Jordan (Colossal Bust)

Rockphin says:
    December 16, 2016 at 4:01 pm (Edit)
    Man, when is it going to cool off? It is freaking hot out there. It’s December!
    Rockphin says:
    December 16, 2016 at 4:01 pm (Edit)
    (HE HE HE)

Guess you haven’t learned. Might have to send you back to blog time-out. 😉

We’ll have an extra $3M per for not picking up Jordan’s 5th year option with no cap hit. Use that and Williams’ money ($8.5M) to re-invest at DE – Branch, UFA and draft.

Did the Phins say Jordan was done? I thought they just didn’t activate and read somewhere that not activating might actually push back his contract a year (although that seemed uncertain). He gets himself together and $3 mil ain’t all that much….even if it includes a big old “But”?

I’m not counting on him that’s all. We’ll see. I’d rather use some of that money to find another guy like Branch who’s still young, plays hard and has upside. Jordan has not shown football is real important to him.

Too bad the game is not tonight. The 7-10 inches of snow has started, and if I am going to just sit here and drink and watch TV, the Fins might as well be playing.

156. naplesfan2010 says:

Howie
    My score pick is supposed to be 16-14MIA.

LOL@Herd I will stop rubbing it in

158. drg says:

If Tannenbaum blows are entire cap space on a bunch of high priced free agents I will lose it. We have a good enough team to compete and seems like the right coaching staff to keep it rolling. Focus on loading up in the draft and only sign good value FAs. I want a team full of young/hungry players and proven vets who lead. Most FAs don’t fit either of those criteria.

Williams is a great example of how you swing and miss in FA. One year deal where we had some good upside. It didn’t work out and we aren’t any worse off going forward.

I don’t think he’s going on a major spree, but if he can find a LB, either a OG or OC, that’s a great start as far as I’m concerned. We have to spend a certain amount anyway, as long as we don’t spend it foolishly

Why do you think that’s the plan? It didn’t happen last year and we will have money to add some solid players this year.

People seem to think FAs are just crazy money and the players don’t have value. They’re not all getting OV money. Some are patchwork guys for a year who can play and help you while you develop younger players, or you sign say a 5th year LB who was a former 6th rd pick who has developed over 4 years and is in his prime. He became a pro and maybe his former team can’t sign everyone they want and him as well. There is always some turnover for every team.

FA isn’t a bad thing, it’s part of the process. You don’t have to go bonkers to be active and try to improve in FA. I expect us to sign a DE, LB, OL and TE in FA and do the same in the draft. Double up with FA and the draft, not doubling up with rookies who have varied learning curves.

I don’t care if it’s cold tomorrow night, this team is built for that. J-Train TOUGH!

160. 81Howie says:

Vinnie 17-6 MIA
    Tim 23-16 MIA
    Stang 31-27 MIA
    TANNEHILL!!!

161. 81Howie says:

Naples
    I have no idea how I came all the way across the keyboard and hit the 9 instead of the 4.
    I think I better proof read my list once in a while
    GOOD CATCH

Howie

What was on your screen when you came all the way across your keyboard?

163. 81Howie says:

Hey MikeE
    Naples gave me his score 16-14 MIA but somehow I typed in 16-19 MIA
    First off 16-19 is ass backward and I never caught it but I have it correct on my paper 16-14MIA
    Well in all my confusion tonight I forgot to write
    ITS GAMEDAY EVE!

164. OD,
    Mike Hull? Seriously? He’s a backup LB at best. That’s it. Maybe he’s a starter on a Coyle D but not this one.

What shitty weather this morning. I had heard there was going to be freezing rain, which it was doing when I was ready to leave, but there were a couple of inches of annoying snow/slush on my car that didn’t want to come off. The ride to work wasn’t bad, although most of the roads weren’t cleared well at all yet, and thankfully, not too many assholes cars on the road this early.

Game Day!!!

🐬🍻🇺🇸🐽

Game day huzzah!

It won’t be pleasant at MetLife tonight

170. Temps during the game should hover around 40 the entire game and very little wind. Good news for us.

Tell ’em Lou!

172. 81Howie says:

Game Day Update
    look up there a few posts
    Where in the world is the game day blog?
    Does Herd not know we are playing on Saturday this week

IT’S GAME DAY BITCHES!

GO DOLPHINS!

Is the weather machine we have only at home or do we take it on the road too?

No rush Howie – It’s Game NIGHT this time. She’ll have it up a little later I’m sure.

I know it’s gameday. I’ll put up a new post in a bit. Sorry Howie.

Tim I expect us to sign way more than that. Nearly 1/2 the roster are free agents this year. 24 of the 53 are not under contract in 2017. We will resign many of them but I think there will be a large turnout this year as well.

We will come out of the draft with perhaps five or six players.

The majority of them will not be ready to play in 2017. that means we are going to need at least 20 free agents.

Ken says:
    December 17, 2016 at 9:27 am

Is the weather machine we have only at home or do we take it on the road too?
    Ken, the weather control array it’s located in Alaska so it will work anywhere.

180. 81Howie says:

No problem Herd.
    I just have nothing to do this morning being work is getting slow. I’ve just been stewing around here since the darn Cat woke me up way to early thinking I had to go to work

181. Ajayi going for the 1,000 yd mark tonight. Hope Gase runs the ball down the Jets throat tonight.
    Also, FYI on next weeks game, it’s supposed to be 40 in Orchard Park next Saturday too.

I added a Game Day blog…It should show up momentarily. The game is on NFL network so hopefully no viewing issues for anyone. Everyone have a great day, I’ll be back for the game.

183. Rock,
    I would hope one of those DE’s would be Branch and wouldn’t mine seeing Jones back as well. Would like to see them come out of draft with a DE too weather it be Charlton, Walker or Smoot.
    But, yeah, we should be seeing at least one player from each of those positions signed during the offseason.
    As far as the draft goes I wouldn’t be upset if they traded up in the first to get either Cunningham or Foster.