Cordrea Tankersley #30 – RD 3, Pick#97

0171+DOLPHINS+MINICAMP+050517

The Dolphins made it a trifecta, 3 picks, 3 defensive players.  They went CB in the 3rd RD after taking DE Charles Harris, and then LB Raekwon McMillan.  Obviously, the Dolphins felt they needed to address to the defense, and they did.  They took the big Clemson CB, 6’1″ 200 and added yet another big CB to a stable of big CB’s, with good ole Bobby McCain as the lone small CB.

Tankersley was a 2 YR starter at Clemson, starting his Junior and Senior seasons.  The good news is Cordrea reeled in 9 INT’s in just 2 seasons as a CB.  Not known as a physical player, or  an aggressive tackler,  in his Senior year, Tankersley recorded 52 tackles (39 solo), 6 tackles for loss, along with 11 passes defensed and 4 INT’s.  The Dolphins currently have Byron Maxwell, who incidentally carries a big price tag at $8.5M this year, 4th highest on the team, and on the other end of the spectrum,  Tony Lippett ($688K) and Bobby McCain ($677K).  In the middle of those guys is 2nd year CB Xavien Howard, who had a bumpy rookie season with injuries, and poor play, as well as flashing some great potential.

So how exactly does Tankersley fit in?  He will undoubtedly be in the competition for a starting spot, as I don’t believe anyone has one locked down.  If Maxwell plays as well as he can, he should be a starter, and if Lippett continues to build on his success last season, he too should be starter.  If Xavien Howard lives up to his potential, well, you have yet another starter.  Good problem to have, because we will have 3 or 4 or 5 CB’s on the field sometimes, when teams roll out their 4 and 5 WR sets.  Tankersley is a very solid cover corner.  He may not be the man in run support, but he can cover.   All our guys will be out there on the field often enough, and the best will get the most playing time.

Mostly, you have to have good depth at CB, because injuries happen all the time, even if it’s just a hamstring, or ankle sprain, you need solid depth, and we’re getting close to having just that.  Think back to 2015 with an older Brent Grimes, Jamar Taylor, Brice McCain and Bobby McCain, we’ve come a long way in improving the CB depth.

GO DOLPHINS!  Zero in!

413 Responses to Cordrea Tankersley #30 – RD 3, Pick#97

1. jetsssuck says:

Tankersley was a 2 YR starter at Clemson, starting his Junior and Season seasons. Mike didn’t have his morning coffee yet?Good in depth article.

2. jetsssuck says:

The league is changing to where it’s almost like flag football and CB’s are a great commodity now a days. Look what NE did for a quality corner,

Awesome as always Mike E.

Have no idea what we have in Tankersley, but we will find out. Seems picking him is a sign of at least three things.

1 — as you point out, this team sure does love its big CBs. We are zone-based for the future unless the whole thing is blown up.

2 — Gase wasn’t lying when he said “you can never have too many cornerbacks.”

3 — Maxwell sure is on notice that his huge 2018 contract is at risk. If the young’uns work out, they could release him and not even need to get someone new in.

4. jetsssuck says:

Here’s something you might be interested in Mike—I ordered my own amazon silver this week,

My nephew bought me the Echo Dot. It’s kind of cool, but I know my wife likes it better than I do. I was used to using 2 different remotes, one of the TV and DirecTV, and one for the surround sound receiver.

I just watched it on my phone, can’t watch video on my work pc. That was pretty damn funny!

• jetsssuck says:

yeah but I know how getting old has its benefits. I been cleaning and organizing my shed this last month.Well it turns I have plenty of wire wheels(7) and 7/16 sockets =15, and multiple tools. Next month or so I plan on cleaning and organizing the garage. Maybe I find multiple tools that I foolishly spent money on buying the same tool multiple times maybe I’ll make a killing on ebay. maybe I’ll open a ebay tool store. Wife said I should donate them to goodwill. I found TWO 2-3.5 ft plumbing pipe wrenches in shed.

Fasano on working with Thomas and his role…..he gets it.

“Recently I have been on teams that have kind of a more pass-dominant tight end and I’ve been the in-between motion, run-blocking guy, and I’ve embraced that, I try to work on that while also not neglecting the pass game and third down and key catches at certain times. So that’s kind of how my game is molded.”

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 4m4 minutes ago
    Adam Gase says right tackle Ja’Wuan James, LB Koa Misi, DE William Hayes are nursing injuries.

steveccnv says:
    May 25, 2017 at 10:10 am
    Actually I think the correct term is OT period, I looked it up and it says in 1974 the NFL added an overtime period…

Thanks for having my Back (today) Steve. Tim was just being a smart ass (or trying to and failed because what he said wasn’t “smart”. LOL )

Tankersley with a pick six in practice today. Pajama party! Pajama Party! Lippett took one to the house in practice today too.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 58m58 minutes ago
    Ryan Tannehill says he’s back to 100 percent. Will wear brace all season.

Tunsil is looking BIG. his forearms are like my legs. LOL

Protect that blind side! Road grade some lanes for Ajayi!

slow day on the blog. A hour between posts and they are me….

The 3 guts nursing injuries don’t seem to be a concern including Misi. At least I think Misi can’t get hurt when he’s nor in there😐

▪ Two backup Dolphins quarterbacks threw pick-sixes Thursday: Matt Moore to Cordrea Tankersley and David Fales to Tony Lippett.

“I’m happy for Tony for about one second and then I’m mad at him because he figured out what we were doing and jumped the route, which is good,” Gase said. “We’ll figure out a way to scheme him up and get them in the next OTA.”

Adam H. Beasley: 305-376-3565, @AdamHBeasley

Lol at his phone number being in there.

I thought that odd too. I wonder if you call it if he answers or if it is an answering service or something. I’M not going to try it. LOL

Least not worried about Lippett getting cut….not that I was before. If Gase is thinking about scheming him…..

LOL you can see how competative Gase is and how the Offense is HIS baby. HE was happy for a second and then he was mad….which was good…get him in the next OTA.

I had to include Adam’s byline because I didn’t want to be accused of plagiarism….I would have to quit the blog and I have nowhere else to go.

I Am?
    We, Todd, It!

I AM?
    SOFA KING.
    We, Todd, IT!

So, with Pouncey still nursing his hip and the “minor” injuries to some of the other OL this was the starting lineup for today’s practice…

Tunsil – Larson – Urbik – Steen – Young

OH GREAT AND POWERFUL FOOTBALL GODS!! PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT LET US LINE UP THIS COMBINATION DURING THE SEASON!

OD,
    Rumor has it you will be sitting with the Mob at the fest. It will be my son’s FIRST NFL game, and I want to sit in better seats with him than the ones we usually get due to the size of the group. Will you be selling yours? If so I am interested if they are available.

Steve

What makes you say he’s done? Just because he was released by the Chargers?

He played pretty well last year he is a cap casualty. I do think he will be kinda expensive, but yeah hope his agent is at least in our contacts as ICE.

When I read a report about Franklin being released I read some comments from Chargers fans and they all said good riddance.

Mike do you have a speaker hooked up to your dot?

20. naplesfan2010 says:

Meanwhile…
    Landry was selected as the top slot WR in the NFL.
    Jarvis Landry is “clearly the cream of the crop when it comes to the position in today’s NFL.”
    “He ran 72.7 percent of his snaps last season out of the slot and found great success. In 2016, Landry led the league in both slot receptions and slot yards, catching 65 of 85 targets for 856 yards. He added four touchdowns, as well. His 2.33 yards per route run out of the slot was the second-highest mark in the league. His drop rate in the slot was 5.8 percent, below the average for slot receivers (7.1 percent).”

He’s one of the better receivers period, i hate the whole designation of receiver as slot or alpha, etc. its a really old school way of looking at the position.

Agreed. He always makes something happen in a game.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I think Landry also desires to transcend the label, as it would seem to limit his earning power, but as the article mathematically states, Landry lined up in the slot for Three Fourths of his snaps in 2016. Thus he must be considered a slot WR.

steveccnv says:
    May 25, 2017 at 5:09 pm

We’re talking about practice, practice…
    ————————————
    Still one of my favorite pressers of all time.. lol i go back and watch it on youtube every once and a while kinda like watching one of your favorite movies.

You can’t listen to what fans say. Just look at this blog for instance . . . lol

I just figured his release matched what fans were saying. I don’t remember one fan saying why did we get rid of him or supporting him. I came away thinking he didn’t play well and definitely not up to his contract.

May 25, 2017 at 6:28 pm

—————————————-
    Might be something there i dont know about because i haven’t really looked into it much, but i heard several people say he was pretty solid last year too. Could be the charger fans are just wanting to move on from a big contract that hasn’t have equally big results. When he was in FA 2015 and most here had him top of their wish list. I was hoping for Boling that year instead, that was same year we got Suh.

Naples

I think what D is saying is the slot receiver is just as important as the outside receivers are, especially in Landry’s case where he’s the main target in the offense, or at least has been for 3 years.

• naplesfan2010 says:

No that is what **I** was saying. D was saying he does not want there to be such designations as “slot” and WR1 etc.

I get that,
      but I was caught up in the happiness of a Dolphin finally props over a patsy.
      scuuuuuse me for enjoying somebody not automatically listing Edelman 1st.

LOL! I hear ya man. I felt the same way when I first read that article. I was shocked it wasn’t Edelman

Yeah, he’s our top receiver so really he’s our alpha, and imo the role he plays in our offense suggests he should be paid as one, and not on the “slot” scale. IMO he is a WR1, and if tomorrow he was put on the outside he probably still a WR1, those others terms just say we generally use him out of the slot, even though he played on the outside in college and can run all of those routes as well.

25. naplesfan2010 says:

Gee I try to bring good news … as in we have the #1 rated player at a position in the whole league … and I STILL get slammed.

Naples — you act like you’ve never been here before. 🙂

But bottom line for me is that am willing to give Landry more dollars than even his great numbers say he is worth. He’s the heart of the team.

Nobody slammed you.

Naples – I don’t see anyone slamming you bud. I think we all appreciate Landry, and YOU for that matter. 🙂

Lol i wasnt trying to “slam” you i just think Landry is much more than that, if anything i slammed the article for saying he was a slot receiver. Obviously it was incredibly nice to see he was higher ranked than Edleman

May 25, 2017 at 6:31 pm

No. I do have a bluetooth speaker, but I use it mostly at work. Why?
    ——————————–
    Because to get the most out of the Echo Dot you are supposed to hook it up to a speaker, its little internal speaker really sucks for almost anything other than just having it talk to ya.

Hook it up to a good speaker system and i be you really like it. You could play all your ragtime classics on it!

That’s all I use it for though. I have a really nice JBL Bluetooth speaker, but I use it in my office. All Alexa does for me is turn on the TV, DirecTV receiver and my surround sound receiver together, and turn them off. My son does have an Amazon prime account, so I’ll probably get around to using it for music too at some point.

D

I have some of the “Hits from the Cave” that I used to listen to as a young cave boy.

I think Landry plays the slot a lot because he’s better at it than everyone else on the team. Also Stills and Parker have better boundary speed. But Landry makes plays outside too.

He’s about the best slot guy there is and good but in no way great on the boundary. He’s a special talent and player for us. And slot is even more important in the new passing game Os. Never saw the Pats worried that Welker was just a slot guy.

I just noticed someone put up the 2017 schedule on the side. Thank you, whoever did it!

This is the guy who can change everything in our offense. I find him to be very impressive and he speaks about what it’s like to mature in life.

Ajayi changed everything last year, but was inconsistent due to OL injuries, RT can change everything in a flash, Parker can changes things, as can Thomas. We aren’t one dimensional, and our success will be more related to TOP than anything else, if we control the ball on O and don’t let teams run on us, we’re going to be a tough out.

Yep! I’ve talked about the emergence of Ajayi and now adding Thomas. We know we’re young and talented at WR. Tannehill is better than most people think he is. The OL seems to be getting more consistent and not having constant change from year to year which is the worst case scenario for an OL. We might be finally one of those teams that all of a sudden sends out that “Uh Oh” message. You don’t want to play us.

And we have Suh!

I don’t see why not Tim, it’s what I’m thinking. The cheats always seem to take away your star on O. Who can they key on to take away, that we can’t do without? No one, too many good players that can beat you.

Son, whu is that woman you keep refwrring tuh.

Suh and Wake can take us anywhere we want to go. They have help. Timmons will feast.

Steve, that’s exactly it. We don’t rely on a 2-3 guys to win. We have talent at every position. Like Gase has said, 8 man box us and Thomas will see a lot of balls. Drop off and go nickel and you’re going to see Ajayi a lot. That’s not even counting the WRs and depth we have who can make plays. This is the best roster on offense I have seen in I can’t even tell you. Back in the early Marino days and we never had an Ajayi. To me it’s all about health and keeping most of them on the field every week.

Sammy Smith what could have been

He didn’t have the right mindset. Guys like him don’t make this team today. Like some say, talent is great, buying in is another variable people forget about.

Good job on the post Mike

OD wanted me to let you guys know that he wouldn’t be on the board till sometime in June. Scary situation for his family. His daughter is undergoing experimental surgery at Vanderbuilt for Grand Mal seizures. And that means brain. Was not really familiar that condition before……it’s a tough one.

Let Old Dolfan know that my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family, Stanger. That’s a serious situation and I hope for the best possible outcome.

Will do. Good news it is not an emergency-type move. Bad news is that the condition has been seroius enough over many years that the answer is this type of surgery.

Stanger

Please do the same for me, tell Randy my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

He’s such a good guy. I get things happen, but if anything it should be the parents and not the kids.

Yep, absolutely. We don’t want anything to happen to OD or Mrs. OD either though. 😉

37. Rhino says:

nice write MikeE

I read the first comments posted about “season” despite re-read (edit). If you don’t have access to a second pair of eyes, a good trick is to start a re-read with the last word of the article reading right to left… this removes your thought context and you will see just words. Although, with the word “season” being an actual word you might still not see it. This is a phenomenon in chess as well. We get so locked in a line of thought… someone else looks at our board and immediately sees the error. So we try to walk away from the board, look at someone else’s game, then attempt to look at our own game with “fresh” eyes. 🙂

It actually concerned me that I read it a few times and couldn’t see it. I never have access to another set of eyes, no one in my family wants to read my articles. Not even kidding. 🙂

May 26, 2017 at 11:06 am

——–
    Yeah, man. Experimental surgery really is a very scary matter. My heart goes out to Mr. Randy Campbell’s family during this very turbulent time, having been in his shoes regarding a near and dear one in the past. And if you’d kindly pass it on to Randy, everything worked out just fine in the end for my family’s situation. Please ensure him that there is HOPE… that is SO very important.

Thanks, Stanger.

I’m not sure based on the type of surgery that there will be an immediate answer that it worked, but they’ll at least know she made it through it (but not thinking I will know that either). Is part of what makes this crazy crew great though…..family for sure. More than just the Phins involved.

Pretty much what you would want Tunsil to say…..he also had some real nice words for Albert.

“It feels good to be at the natural spot I was drafted here for.Playing left guard, I learned a lot. It was a different position, different everything. I’m glad I got the opportunity to play guard so I could learn the game inside and out.”

TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY

As a former player for your Miami Dolphins, I’ve been to more Pro-Bowls than any other former Phin in NFL history. Who am I?

May 26, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Well if you say I am warmer I am going Larry Izzo
    ———–
    OOOOOHHH! You ARE getting warmer, but NO! That will lead me to my second clue…

Clue #2: I’d played for the Patsies* at one point in my career

42. jetsssuck says:

May 26, 2017 at 11:14 am
    ———————————————————–
    I wouldn’t be concerned about your sight-maybe you should see a eye doctor, it happens when you get older. Hell, yesterday I was food shopping and I bought cabbage instead of lettuce. I was feeling it thinking to myself I bought a great big firm head of lettuce so I bought 2. Stuff like this happens when you forget stuff like yesterday when I forgot my magnifying glass to read the food labels and now what I am buying. You have to embrace old age. cole slaw and cabbage soup anyone

43. dbolt48 says:

Is it Fryar?

TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY

Hint #1: I’d never made the Pro-Bowl as a Miami Dolphin
    Hint #2: I’d played for the Patsies* at one point in my career
    Hint #3: I’d never made the Pro-Bowl as a Patsie*

M

Paul Warfield?

46. dbolt48 says:

Oh my bad I thought it did they made a pro bowl w/ Miami. Ok it’s Seau

BOOM!!!

Junior Seau, as a former Miami Dolphin, made TWELVE (12) Pro-Bowls throughout his NFL career with 3 different teams.

WELL DONE, Dbolt!!!

D-Bolt always gets the trivia questions. He’s a crackerjack

TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY, PART TWO!!!

I have the 2nd most Pro-Bowl bids as a former Miami Dolphin, only behind Junior Seau. Who am I?

Stanger, if you could tell OD I wish his daughter all the best.

TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY, PART TWO

Hint #1: Don’t think too hard on this one, LOL

Marino

52. dbolt48 says:

Dan Marino

Webb

DAN THE MAN is CORRECT!!! Mike E seems to have chimed in a nano-second before Dbolt. Thus, I declare Mike E the WINNER here!

Dan was a 9x Pro-Bowler, second only to Junior Seau’s 12x, when it comes to players who ever played in a Phins uniform.

Zach

D-Bolt tripped and got his tie caught in the shredder, otherwise he would have won

Steve,

I see ya, my man! All of your guesses were VERY good, too! Not trying to ignore ya.

Nah, they were weak😃

LOL, not really! Zach Thomas and Richmond Webb would be right there with me as well, man!

I only ask these questions being I’ve researched the answer… I’m by no means a ‘know-it-all’. And that’s the fun of asking the question to begin with… it generally stumps me as well before the research! And when I find something that would stump most (including myself), I like to share!

ALL GOOD! 😀

Time for some blog Trivia: What blogger loved Dan Williams?

59. dbolt48 says:

Mike in his office today😁

Quick question, and don’t look it up…

Who has more career TDs as a WR: Calvin “MEGATRON” Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Mark Clayton, Steve Smith, Nat Moore, Fred Biletnikoff, Reggie Wayne, James Lofton, Torry “Big Game” Holt, or Andre Johnson?

61. dbolt48 says:

I’d probably go Clayton

Marshall will pass them next season though in NY for sure

Even if I have been one of the trade bashers……don’t blame me for this. Go after Barry Jackson.

“Leonte Carroo is the front-runner for the No. 4 receiver job based on draft pedigree, but it is not absolutely certain that he will make the team. There are several formidable challengers.”

We are finally really deep @ WR. I’m not too worried about Carroo just yet. Many NFL WR’s take 2-3 years to develop. He just turned 23.
      Carroo did show a glimpse of his ability with a nice grab and run after the catch for a TD as a rook last season.

I’m not really worried either, but that is mostly because our top 3 are real solid. Carroo we will see about, but still questions there. If all was well he should have played more last season.

Hard to get snaps with the crew we had last season. I’m also anxious to see what Ford can do. If he can translate his game to the NFL level in a couple years, then he’s an absolute steal.

Carroo was drafted as insurance to Stills, but now that Stills resigned he’s just one of the rest. I guarantee Carroo is on the team this year barring injury. Jackson is just trying to stir shit up, at a time when nothing’s going on.

My guess Carro sticks too. At the time thought it meant Stills was out the door and we were going to turn to a scheme without a pure deep threat, but obviously that did not happen. Guess Carroo with a new scheme is something that could happen if they don’t keep Landry though…..deja vu all over again.

I saw that but it’s way premature to go there.

Also, people still don’t understand the trade. It gets written as we traded a 3rd, 4th and 6th for Carroo but we didn’t have a 3rd to select him so we obtained a 3rd to select him. The extra collateral was a 2016 6th and a 2017 4th. The 3rd is a wash because MIN gave us their 2016 3rd and we gave them one of our 2017 3rds, same #84 ironically. You don’t count the pick used to select the prospect because you have to have a pick to pick someone. People write it that way to make the trade look worse when it really wasn’t that big of a deal. We had 8 picks last year and 7 this year. People make it seem like we traded away so many of our picks and it’s simply not true. We’re a +1 the last two years and we’ll head into 2018 with 8 from the Albert trade.

Tim — Didn’t we trade a 3rd, 4th and 6th for Carroo though? I see adjusting the value of the 2016 v. 2017 picks at the time of the trade, but if you say the 3rd round picks are a wash…..then you have to take out that Carroo is on the roster.

How do you see it like that? This year people were talking about what MIN got with our picks but forget they gave up their 2016 3rd so they had a void last year.

The only thing extra we gave away was a 2016 6th and a 2017 4th and people act like we gave up so much more.

The 3rds aren’t a wash, you can’t give the same value to a 2016 3rd as you would a 2017 3rd. The 2017 3rd equates to a 2016 4th. We actually got good value on the trade compensation, let’s see how the player does now.

I look at it that we spent a 2016 6th and a 2017 3rd and 4th for Carroo. If you want to put in 2016 terms that means we spent a 4th, 5th and 6th for him. Just not sure how the 3rd round picks were a wash year by year given you basically jump up a round in value when you trade forward. Trade the sixth in 2016 and it ends up a 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Joining in prayer for OD / Randy, his daughter, and other loved ones!
    Stay strong friend!

Oh, Almost forgot. CONGRATULATIONS M, you’re CORRECT!

That was ORob

66. dbolt48 says:

Best wishes to OD & his daughter.

May 26, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Probably Brandon Marshall – I didn’t look
    ——–
    I don’t care what anybody thinks — negatively or positively — regarding Brandon Marshall. He’s pacing to go to the Hall of Fame what with his production. And in many cases, he’s had a less than stellar QB throwing him the dammed ball (most feel Jay Cutler to be a flunk, honestly).

WE Phin fans — in particular — despise him. But in all honesty, he’s putting together a HOF career. He’s the only WR (if at ANY position in NFL HISTORY) to make the Pro-Bowl with 4 different teams. Not even the great Terrell Owens (who SHOULD have been a first-ballot HOFer this past year over Terrell Davis, SMH, 3x Pro-Bowler with 3 different teams) can say as much.

YES… IMO, Brandon Marshall is a future HOFer being he’s probably got at least 5 more VERY GOOD years left in him at age 33 as a WR.

Anyway… going back to what you responded to, “Probably Brandon Marshall – I didn’t look”… VERY, VERY good guess!!!

But he’s a cancer, that’s never made the playoffs, and is a me first at all cost player, so I don’t think he gets into the HOF early, if at all. I’m glad he moved on from the jets, because he killed us, but…

It’s a TEAM game, my man. I’m not sure anyone can TRULY call him a cancer, so as to affect all 53 players… albeit, he’s got problems within himself. He’s been taking the higher road as of late regarding Sheldon Richardson. I LIKE seeing that growth in BM, Bro!

Truth be told — and we know it — BM has demons. I’d like to see him conquer his demons… and he’s doing it, as far as I can see (obviously, we don’t know it all). His stats are undeniable to this point in terms of a future HOFer.

Real tough for WRs to make the HOF because it’s such a deep pool. Marshall can’t seem to stick with a team for long either. He’s now on his 5th team.

• jetsssuck says:

The guy owns a string of Physical therapy offices along with medical offices in South Florida. Seems to know where the money is now a day’s.

Besides, Barry Jackson wrote that disparaging comment on Carroo to help build his other comments boasting about the UDFA WR Morgan that caught his eye catching 4 passes in his underwear the last few days….SMH & LMAO!

M13, you can’t discount the QBs he’s played with. He has the numbers he has in part due to them. Specifically Cutler.

70. dbolt48 says:

Brandon Marshall is still a narcissistic dick hole.

I saw waaaaay too much of this for my likes! lol

• dbolt48 says:

I remember against Chicago when we played the Bears the moment Chris McCain a cure to Brandon Marshall’s BPD when BM was trying to fight the much smaller Cortland Finnegan😂

72. jetsssuck says:

—————————————————————————–
    He’s one of the guys that practices at american heritage HS during the off season. I think he will make a impact this year because the Dolphin offense is very detail oriented concerning running pick plays. Once he practices with 1st team in the OTA’s/ TC and adjusts to the others running patterns he will be fine. He was probably drafted with the learning curve big for a rookie along with working with the other 1st teamers takes a lot of adjustment time.

Stanger, I also feel people kind of think we traded so many picks away in 2016 because we also traded a 4th to move up in the 2nd for Howard. The bottom line is we have 15 players on our roster from the last two drafts, 7 is the allotted number for all teams each year so we’re a +1. 🙂

I can’t speak for other people. All I knew was drafting Carroo made no sense to me given that were three strong at wideout. Figured he was their guy. Easier to say with 20/20, but after saw how much he hit the field. And then they re-signed Stills. Overall real happy with both the last drafts and the direction of the team though…..more so than in many a year.

Quality depth at least in the eyes of our FO at the time. It’s up to Carroo to make the trade worthy.

MF, Marshall doesn’t have great overall stats, if you look at his catches to targets they’re poor at best. Its like saying Kobe is averaging 30 points a game, so he’s great, but his shooting % was only 30. He pressures QBs to throw to him too often, causing the inefficient O

Oopsie, another TD drop!

Steve, it’s about prospects not just “draft picks”.

2016 – Dolphins 3rd WR Leonte Carroo from MIN
    2016 – Vikings 6th WR Moritz Boehringer from MIA

2017 – Vikings 3rd C Pat Elflein from MIA (they also traded up for him)
    2017 – Vikings 4th LB Ben Gedeon from MIA

So the Vikings were a +2 on the trade. Not sure why a 2017 #84 is more valuable than a 2016 #84?

Flashback to 1991 – Miami Dolphins make Dan Marino the highest paid player in NFL history (at the time)

“According to a report in The News-Press of Fort Myers, Fla., Marino will earn $4.6 million this year, based on his scheduled salary of $1.6 million plus a $3 million bonus for signing the extension. Then he will receive an average of $4.4 million over the next five years.”

HOW THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED!!

I think I counted 6 dropped TD’s by Marshall for us in one year. I never liked him being a Dolphin and was pissed we gave up TWO 2nd round picks for him. (Got two 3rd rounders for him when we traded him though…)

• jetsssuck says:

My biggest memory of him is when he ran out of bounds for no explainable reason when he lots of room to turn it upwards. Some say he was disoriented on the play.

Remember the play where he was all alone down the sideline and ran out of bounds with nobody near him? That was a real WTF? play.

jetssuck remembers. LOL!

Yeah I was going to mention that one too. I was soooooo pissed off that play.

That Dan averaged 4.4 mill over 5 years as the “highest paid player” in the NFL is laughable compared to today’s salaries.

• jetsssuck says:

I saw D.Wade agreed to a option extension with the Chicago Bulls for next year for 24 million for 1 year. Crazy money now a days

this was great from the article flashback I posted..

In announcing the extension, the Dolphins refused to elaborate on how much Marino’s deal was worth. “Dan is one of the best players in the league and his contract reflects that,” said Tim Robbie, the Dolphins’ president. “Beyond that, I don’t see any reason to get into specifics. Dan is happy and we’re happy with the deal.”

I wanted to strangle Marshall when he ran out of bounds that time

Me too, bud. BM clearly wasn’t buying into our system.

But then again, who was?

Yeah, I get that, but that’s so unprofessional. I don’t know of any other way to play but to win, and play the game the right way. I could never do that.

I remember that Monday nighter, sort of. I was at my sons soccer practice trying to follow the game, and you guys were rightfully bitching up a storm.

Its almost freaky watching Suh’s pressers. He is such a massive guy, big hulking dude, but he is so soft spoken and articulate its almost the same kinda WTF feeling you get the first time you ever heard Mike Tyson speak lol.

Help!!!
    I’m lost in an IKEA!!!

Timmons gives me a prison shankster vibe, that dude looks/holds him self like a serious head buster.

Wilfredo Lee / AP

The former Arkansas standout, whom the Dolphins signed as an undrafted rookie, was used as the backup slot receiver during the first week of OTAs and consistently got open. Morgan, who caught 138 passes for 1,763 yards and 14 touchdowns for the Razorbacks, could push for a practice squad spot, if not more, if he keeps this up.
    ——————————
    SUCK IT OMAR!

Piggy, what Ikea were you at, Brooklyn?

Piggy

How’s the move going?

It’s almost complete
      Putting up some curtains today
      Next week I get a new couch

That’s cool. Hopefully, it’s a lot less expensive than Manhattan, yet still close enough.

Unless it was an intentionally leaked item, in order to send a message to Carroo that he better bring his A game this year, and an A+ effort.

• jetsssuck says:

Last year, the Dolphins traded a third-round pick, a fourth-round pick and a sixth-round pick to the Vikings to acquire Minnesota’s third-round draft pick.
      Boy, they traded a lot for this guy. He must of been the number one rated receiver in the draft His value is comparable to hersel walker.

LOL – Just keep pouring it on

• jetsssuck says:

isn’t it the vikings who traded with dallas to get hersel walker? I guess they learned about being a sucker giving away all those draft picks and found out sometimes their are bigger suckers in NFL.

Why all the ignorant comments on the trade up to get Carroo? We won the compensation part, the player is TBD.

88. jetsssuck says:

May 26, 2017 at 5:09 pm
    Help!!!
    I’m lost in an IKEA!!!
    ————————————————————–
    It’s like a cult with these ikea shoppers. They opened one down here 5 miles from where I live and on opening day they had traffic jams exiting the highway that they had to call in police to direct traffic instead of letting the stop lights block up the highway. They estimated 5k people for the door opening. Incidentally, the place that ikea is at is where W. Hienzga had a golf driving range with all the latest stuff there. It failed and sat idle for 2-3 yrs until decided to build there.

jetssuck

Yes, it was the Vikes and Cowboys who made that trade. The trade for Carroo wasn’t quite that epic, but it still pissed me off anyway. This year’s draft had a lot of talent in the 3rd and 4th RD’s, it would have been nice to have two 3rd and 4th RD picks.

• jetsssuck says:

Don’t worry about the draft pick my mistake picks that we gave up. This guy is going to be all-pro this yr. Got to trust the people who know all the intagibles and they gave up a couple picks for this perennial pro bowler,all pro, and HOFer. They know better football better than the casual fans. That’s why they get paid the money they get.

Heard an interesting stat today — half of American males 18-24 spend at least half of their waking hours playing video games.

amazing generation.

I can vouch for that with my own offspring. 🙂

I see it when I check out what is up with my college rugby team. We fielded five sides (15 each). It now has something like 22 guys and instead of the 10-11 games a season we played they only play six. Same number of kids in the school.

Just for fun . . . These are players that were available with what would have been our 3rd RD pick and our actual compensatory pick that we used on Tankersley

DT Eddie Vanderdoes
    DT Montravious Adams

These are players available after our 3rd RD comp pick we used on Tankersley

S Tedric Thompson
    OG Dorian Johnson
    LB Carl Lawson
    DE Deatrich Wise
    WR Ryan Switzer

• jetsssuck says:

15 years from now, you will be the only one, who didn’t like the steal of all time in NFL history when he is inducted into the HOF

I hope you’re right about Carroo, I really do. I don’t enjoy when players don’t work out, especially the ones that we make a big investment in.

• jetsssuck says:

talk about Canton I just received my part for weedeater from repairclinic which is from Canton,NH. Now that’s your sign everything will be great with the Karro whoooo pick.

May 27, 2017 at 9:06 am (Edit)

*****
    Mike
    I moved to Astoria which is very close to Manhattan. I probably tacked on 5-10 minutes in my commute – it’s really nothing.

I have a parking spot in my building now. And that is huge in my life Combined with the parking spot and the rent it’s about he same $ – maybe a little less but not by a of much

But it’s a brand new luxury building, which is really beautiful, I have a terrace, huge Windows, there is a public rooftop space, a gym and my own storage (huge in ny)

And frankly the neighborhood is just much better than the upper east side. There are much better restaurants in Astoria

You’ve seen the gentrification in Brooklyn…queens is not much different. There is a ton of new construction in Long Island City and Astoria so those neighborhoods are changing

good for you

That’s awesome Piggy – Now you have a place for your Jeep, and I suppose Wedge can stay in the storage shed

Pig — awesome for you. Only knock on the choice is that you chose not to live in a pigsty but nicely with us humans instead….other bad side is that seems you have no plans to come down here. 🙂

But bottom line is Mazel tov.

My niece (a twenty something) posted something alon Facebook about the avg salary in 1930 vs now
    It’s not a huge difference

And then they posts cost of a house and cost of car comparison
    And the difference is astronomical

I think if I believed it was hopeless that I would ever own a house, I would give up and play video games all day too…

• jetsssuck says:

the 20 something have a great opportunity concerning the employment situation. The baby boomers are retiring and these young people are positioned to take over but they say their is not enough of them to handle all the openings. Tight labor market means increased wages.

Yep the wonder world of NYC. Funny how when New Yorkers move to Florida, with much more room, they still choose to live in tight space high rises.

If the avg salary from 1930 to now is similar…..must have been adjusted for inflation (we are talking when a coke cost five cents). And 1930 seems cherry-picked since that was the start of the Great Depression.

No way the car and house costs were that much relatively higher unless they came without inflation adjustment and/or reference to actual wage increases.

Guess can’t leave being an econ major behind, but at the same time the new generation does face problems as well. And that includes the advent of a meritocracy where high-level talent/position gets rewarded more over time in……but that is the whole rust belt reaction in the last election.

• jetsssuck says:

economics ? cool I had to take 3-4 classes in it and I always liked it but I didn’t think I could make a living, so I sold out and then hated my profession my whole working life..

econ major sets you up for how to think about business…..but not much more than that unless you are going to go into the higher levels of that, which pretty much means getting a higher degree that leads to something else like teaching, high-end position in teaching, a company, gov org, etc. But you still need the next educational step. And most undegrad econ guys go into business anyhow. Not bad training for that.

• jetsssuck says:

I can remember we had a class where we were required to read a book by Milton Freeman. That book was small but it was very thought provoking.

You weren’t the only one who bought into what he had to say…..Reagan did too. Why we went money supply instead of interest rates control for a while.

Misi on the LBs, who have been moved around a lot in practice.

“We’ll go through the process and see what happens. It’s hard for me to say who’s playing where. I know they’re all going to play linebacker, so that’s the best I can give you right now… There’s a lot of moving pieces we’ve got to figure out.”

Piggy, congrats on the move. You seem happy about it.

Congrats to Piggy on the move. When is the first party to break in the new place? JK

RIP Midnight Rider 😦

Fancy Pig with tractor parking. Good for you man

I’m still crushed about Cornell

Me too brother. I was just talking to my long time friend about it and we were both just remembering the days of putting a band together and how Chris and Soundgarden influenced us and brought that edge back to the rock scene along with Guns and Roses though a more L.A. based band. One of the greatest voices in rock history and right at the top for me.

A lot of people think of Nirvana starting it but it was really Soundgarden that started that whole Seattle scene being the ones who broke out first. I remember reading an article back in the early 90s that said keep your eyes and ears open on Soundgarden, they are going to explode at some point and they did. Nirvana had the big hit first though with ‘Smells Like Teen Spirt’. That’s what drew everyone into that scene and then we all found Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, AIC and the great Temple of the Dog album that lead us to Mother Love Bone and other cool bands.

I’ve been really sad about Chris’ death since I heard about it. I’ve been watching tributes to him all day.

He was the best

Just amazing

I thought he was great in the 90s but after a long hiatus I got back into him the last couple of years

Just a great musician

Don’t be broken up about it
        He gave so much for us to be inspired and influenced by

It’s just a really sad story and his wife knew something wasn’t right and they couldn’t get there in time.

Great musician is right.

Astoria is a really cool neighborhood
    I really like it a lot

I just had some Mexican food and a mezcal (you know I love hat stuff) cocktail and spent probably half the $ I would have spent in Manhattan

Now I’m in an oyster bar Enjoying a duvel and some oysters

Oink time!

Lol at Mexican food in New York City. Mexican food sucks East of the Mississippi, and mostly just good in Texas and the west.

There is some good Authteic Mexican in NYC
        But you will see some bad ones too

My apt is pretty empty right now

I was in a one bedroom on the UES
    And I moved to a studio in Astoria
    But I think the studio is bigger

Plus I got rid of a bunch of stuff before I moved

Bc it was old

It’s crazy how moving makes you notice how much junk you have

Stranger
    The Great Depression point went straight over my head
    Good catch

That definately affected
    The way I read the stat

But I do think there is something to same for killing the middle class
    I do beleive the cost of owning property vs salary is a higher hill to climb now

And I’m sure that affects motivation especially with the youth

• jetsssuck says:

What is middle class? One of the first projects that Obama took on as president is to define what is middle class and what is poverty. This defined what is what and it increased poverty levels according to what they defined. The government now has better and defined guidelines..

Post WWII into say the mid-seventies or early eighties where the middle class glory years, but could not agree more that the times since have not been as good. Lots of different reasons that factor in, but a huge one is simply that say a place like a car plant only needs like one-fifth the workers these days cause of automation. Those jobs lost were real good paying ones.

Owning property is another subject, but also a concern as well. At the same time the rising generation seems not to want to be tied to it these days. So there is that side too. Has turned more investment, corporate and rentals…..even on individual homes and units.

Steve you can find good texmex east of the Mississippi. Justhave to stay out of the chains. I’ve got a place in Virginia where I live that is as goodas it gets. Locally owned, just opened a second restaurant a couple years ago.

I was talking in more general terms, there’s always an exception. In NV when you go to a new one you don’t have to get 400 reccomendations first. Now Cuban food here is like Mexican food in the east.

• pheloniusphish says:

I would like to see more Cuban restaurants where I live. Hard to get real Cuban food. Mostly I miss the colodas and cafe con leche.

I spent a summer in New Mexico during a school summer and didn’t eat Mexican on the East Coast for like a decade after……but you are right it is getting better if you find the right spot.

What part of VA do you live in……spent like 15 years in Fairfax county and Arlington.

Here’s one time we all should agree with PFF, when it comes to who the NFL’s best slot receiver is at least.
    —————————-

1. Jarvis Landry, Miami Dolphins
    Landry may not be the name that first comes to mind when one thinks of great NFL slot receivers, but he’s clearly playing at the highest level in the league today. He ran 72.7 percent of his snaps last season out of the slot and found great success. In 2016, Landry led the league in both slot receptions and slot yards, catching 65 of 85 targets for 856 yards. He added four touchdowns, as well. His 2.33 yards per route run out of the slot was the second-highest mark in the league. His drop rate in the slot was 5.8 percent, below the average for slot receivers (7.1 percent). Landry was near the top of ever category for slot receivers in 2016, and is clearly the cream of the crop when it comes to the position in today’s NFL.

Plenty of good Mexican in the east.

Tankersley for being tall for a CB, takes small step, which should help in coverage.

107. jetsssuck says:

Here’s a funny situation I know served in vietnam sent me

While pumping my gas one day a nice looking 19 or 20 year old female apparently noticed a veteran bumper sticker on my car (I’m an old white bearded Viet Nam vet) and she asked if I was a veteran. I said, “Yes,” and she asked, “Really? Which side, Union or Confederacy?”That girl knew how to hurt a guy!

Steve – I’m in Prince William (Woodbridge).

New Mexican cuisine is good. More of the Jalisco regional influence. Same for El Paso.

phelon — Woodbridge is right there. Lived in Tyson’s area, Annandale and then Clarendon in my Washington time.

And heck yeah Northern New Mexico food is good. If a civil war ever breaks out in the state it will be over Green Chili or Red…..and both sides will be right.

The best defense for Tiger Woods’ DUI arrest might not be his mug shoot.

The key to good Mexican food is when you’re eating it you’re enjoying it and think it’s delicious. Nothing else matters. 🙂

I’m key to liking the Mexican food you are eating is not thinking about other food you could be eating. I’ve had some really good Mexican food it’s just not my favorite kind of food I fact it’s o e of the last food types I consider given other options

There are almost as many illegals in Mississippi as in Texas now, our Mexican is pretty good lol. I’ve been to good places by Texan standards and some of the places here are pretty close

There’s a great little Mexican restaurant not too far from me. I love it, and so does my family. We probably go there at least once a month. We have always enjoyed it, the food is extremely consistent and always good. We’ve never left there unsatisfied.

When you say not too far, do you mean west of the Mississippi? LOL

LOL – What does Steve know? 😉

You guys are killing me😂 my family had Mexican food in the keys and loved it (sans me), but that doesn’t mean anything, except they don’t know much about Mexican food.

Some of the best Mexican food I’ve ever had is from my kitchen. 🙂

Gloomy weather today on this Memorial Day. I know it’s a day to honor our fallen heroes but I always honor them. As we know, it’s also the time of year when Americans unofficially kick off summer. This is the first time my wife hasn’t gone to her parents place down the shore in over 25 years. Not only did they both pass away but as some of you know the house burnt down. It’s a really sad day for us. Then all of a sudden I thought today, oh no, and I asked her, did your grandfather’s flag burn in the house and she said yes. It was the flag we put up from the top deck on this day. It was the flag from his funeral because he was a WWI vet. We’ll never be able to fly that flag again. It was always kept right, folded properly and secured when we took it down.

I would just like to thank those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we could fly the flag and that I can even write this on a forum such as this. Thank you!

So nicely said Tim. We all so much to people like your wife’s grandfather. Would like to think that I would have served if called on, but am also glad that never came up. Still makes me feel both selfish and all the more grateful for those who did risk it all.

I remember when I turned 18 having to fill out a draft card even though there was no active draft at the time. I was always nervous that someday it would happen. My friends and I always discussed how lucky we were to be living when we did because of the sacrifice of others. Then all of a sudden we now live in a time of mass terrorism. Sad that not enough humans can realize what a gift it is to have this life experience.

Thank you, Stanger.

Nice post Tim. Sad story regarding the flag, her parents, and the house.

Jarvis Landry came in at #42 on the NFL Top 100 list. Good for him…..but still think Suh got robbed by only getting #55.

Ajayi was #69 and Wake was #62. That should be the end of the Dolphins on the list, but since there are 32 teams…..4 in the top 69 ain’t bad.

I told you Landry would be there

Suh isn’t well liked by players of other teams, and that definitely plays into where he’s rated.

Come on Mike😁 the leaked reports said he was going to be there, lots of us knew it too.

You called it right Mike E. Might be a sign that that slot receivers are getting respect these days or might be one that NFL players watch Sports Center and play FF too. 🙂

Best we’ve had since they started doing it. We’ve had Suh higher, but as a group this is the best it’s been. I don’t like these polls, because it gives agents ammo when they negotiate contracts.

Steve

I don’t watch NFLN enough to see their leaks, I just thought he belonged in the top 100, considering he’s the best slot WR in the NFL. 🙂

I was just bustin…i don’t get NFLN either, the report came out somewhere else. I Google Dolphins news to get a lot of my stories.

Howard has been looking good during OTAs, lockdown they’ve been saying. Hes the guy we want to succeed, because hes our best tackler at CB. I guess you could also say Lippett is another guy we want on the field, because of his hands, but his coverage skills need improvement.

Stanger

It would be great if Tanny could crack that list. I’d have to think we’ll be in the playoffs if that were the case

I agree Mike, and we hear stuff like this often, including from the networks, when talking about keys to the game, but it’s just one piece of the puzzle.

Last year we were somewhat of an explosive team, with lots of big plays, something we haven’t seen since the Marino years. The problem, just like the Marino years, is the D pays the price, because the O isnt on the field long enough.

Running the ball more consistent, having a TE, and the coming of age finally of RT is going to help the D immensely.

That’s the #1 focus on offense this year. The coaches say they had good numbers on a lot of plays, just not enough of them.

Has anyone heard from OD?

I talked to him this morning, but only cause was setting up that Brian NY would get his normal seas for the Fest…..he loved that Brian’s kid would be getting seeing his first game in his normals.

His daughter’s surgery is in “early June”….don’t think the exact date has been set yet. She’s had multiple Grand Mal seizures for more than a decade. And even when the surgery is done they won’t know if it worked for a number of weeks based on what happens.

Wyo

Stanger said he won’t be on until June, which of course is right around the corner.

What i saw in regards to Lippett, Howard and Tankersly was that each of them are playing well, and stats wise you would think that Tankersly and Lippett were having a better OTA, because each has a pick 6, and have made some nice plays on other balls, and jumping routes, etc. They said however, overall Howard has been sticking to people like glue, and is has been breaking up almost everything thrown to his guy, if they even bother throwing to that guy. I think this bodes well as it seems that competition is really pushing all of them to fight for those spots.

I wouldn’t mind seeing all three on the field, either rotational with one another, but also have them out of the slot too when they aren’t on the outside. Slot corner doesn’t mean small speedy corner, its just normally what ya have to combat the small speedy slot receivers, but good instincts, and decent speed are just as good, and Lippett isnt slow, nor is Tankersly, and they have size on top of that so when a TE or RB is moved out to the slot, they can still cover those guys as well. I want to see our best players on the filed as much as wel can and hopefully that means some of those guys flow in and out of each of those positions with little drop off when they do.

The best compliment you can give to a CB is to call him a lockdown CB, so if balls aren’t going to his man he’s doing his job.

thanks for the info Stanger

If you go back and watch some of Gase’s interviews he tels you why the D had such a hard time. Our O has so many 3 and outs it was rediculous, i think we were the worst TOP offense in the NFL or pretty close according to what i remember from what he said. If Ajayi returns to play like he did last year, the threat of chunk yardage from Thomas, same WR’s we had fro Tanny last year, improved OL play, especially if they can all stay healthy and we can get Pouncey back sooner than later. We dont really have to reinvent ourselves for the first time in a long time, we just need to get better production from a couple of positions to change that whole thing around.

The D though, still has to play better as well, it cant start out as flat as it did before, it cant let us find ourselves in holes like it did last year. The offense had nothing to do with those failures, even though it didn’t help much either. Phillips emerging as a player that can stay on the field for majority of snaps, good rotational depth from Taylor and Godchaux to keep our starters fresh, pure rush packages with Harris and Wake, solidified LB corps with proven leadership and athletes capable of shutting down the outside, and Jones back to help anchor the secondary. We could have a very good defense if people just live up to their expectations right now, and not the crazy fan expectations, just the coach and FO ones.

I see us as just needing to live up to who we are, away from really solid success, a return to the playoffs and being able to do this year after year.

Do your job and don’t loaf.

D — couldn’t help but notice that we put a lot of the chips into next season’s pot on D….so to speak. I’m right with you ton TOP though. Also guessing we won’t see much hurry up next year. Our Defense just tires out in the 4th Q.

Steve – D doesn’t get paid to blog here. Stop picking on him!

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 2h2 hours ago
    Phillips said he was at 336 last year. Wants to play at 320.

Why not 310? Find the weight you can be most effective at. Suh must really being laying it on. You want to be the best, come train with the best.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 2h2 hours ago
    “I’m a second round pick who hasn’t done what I’m supposed to do. Time to step up,” Dolphins DT Jordan Phillips.

And that is good news. He understands…….even if cause 2nd contract time is coming up. He plays at 320 and our line on passing downs could look fearsome.

Gase and Suh are getting into his head. They may need to get into his ass with their foot. Accountability is something we haven’t seen since Parcells was carting himself around the field, and then not so much, really back to Shula.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 1h1 hour ago
    Xavien Howard says he never really felt 100 percent after second injury.

I assume he means until now?

Yeah, he said he spent a lot of time working on his legs this offseason to not have knee issues and that the doctors told him he’s good to go. They say he’s looked really good so far in OTAs.

Most CBs take the big srep in year 2, he seems prined to do it too.

Some good nuggets Tim, now lets hope these guys play like they talk.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 2h2 hours ago
    Jordan Phillips says he’s trying to find tricks to keep his “hot and cold motor you guys see” going.

Its also been a long time since the locker room has been this happy, and yet some wanted to bring in Richard Sherman.

I think we’re going to see more GAME-PLANNING on both sides of the ball this year. There’ll be teams we’re going to consistently run a hurry-up Offense against if it exploits their weaknesses. There’ll be teams we’re going to grind it out against, trying to win time of possession if they are difficult to score upon (early lead helps, here).

If we can shore up our run-Defense, I think we’ll be seeing more 3-and-outs… thus naturally keeping them fresh. We’ve got FOUR 3-down LBs now in Timmons, Kiko, McMillan, and Koa (POSITIONAL VERSATILITY). We’ve got some BALL HAWKS in our Secondary. And we’ve got dual pass-rushing DEs in Wake and Harris (buh-bye, Mario Williams).

The key is for the Offense to do it’s job and for the Defense to do it’s job. I don’t think it’s correct to blame our Defensive woes and fatigue last year on the Offense and vice-versa. Unless there is a MASSIVE disparity in time of possession [ie: Offense averaging 15:00 TOP (which wasn’t the case last year)], it’s on YOUR given unit to play better football in order to get off the field more quickly.

Now… I DO realize our Offense was horrific in 3-and-outs themselves. HOWEVER, our TOP tells a different story. What does that mean? We were too streaky on Offense: when we were on we were ON… when we were off we were OFF. For every 3-and-out we had, we had a drive that was sustained and successful. We were relatively balanced in TOP (28:60-32:18 is not a MASSIVE disparity).

With the heavy investments we’ve made on the Defensive side of the ball this year, it should be expected they play MUCH better (especially against the run). This demonstrates that the FO recognized our Offense wasn’t the problem with our Defense. The problem with our Defense was, in fact, our Defense.

We’ve chosen to stop the run… and stop the run we shall. And in the meantime on Offense, we replaced Jordan Cameron with Julius Thomas, and Dion Sims with the best run-blocking TE in the business: Anthony Fasano (who is a sure-handed receiver, to boot).

Reporter: General Gase, what keeps you awake at night?

General Gase: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

Someone should knock the taste out of this dudes mouth…. He is frigging killing his son’s earning potential early on. I wouldnt be surprised if most the major market teams dont pass on this guy just to keep from having to deal with his dad.

steveccnv says:
    May 30, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Tell him to picture the guy across from him beating his mother.
    ————————————–
    That would work for Tunsil…..cept Tunsil doesnt have that problem.

320 is probably a good number for him, obviously he will replace fat with muscle so dropping 16 lbs of fat while adding muscle means he probably lost 26 lbs of fat and gained 10lbs of muscle in its place.

Phillips problem i think is that someone previously had told him that snickers were his “tackling fuel” and he just wanted to be great…. They should have just coached him like Mr Henry Winkler did for Bobby Boucher…

I guess Nolan Carroll got busted for DWI in Dallas.
    Ireland pick.

Not trying to stir the Tannyhate, but i was looking at some “crazyiest of all time” NFL plays and came across this one as the last on the list. I then searched for it as a stand alone video. Ill say i must have blocked this one out in memory because i cannot remember seeing that live.

It made another list of 5 worst plays of all time lol, have to admit, between that one and the one they call the pinball play, thats got to be two of the worst dolphins plays i have ever seen.

I remember that. LOL

Wasn’t that the bad weather game with crazy rain where Arians made comments that the weather was better when we had the ball?

Uhg, I remember that play.

What I would like to see for a change this year is an end to the “slow starts” I’m tired of the other team always scoring first. Many times on the opening drive. I want to see first quarter punts by the other teams and first quarter TD’s by ours this year!

Thoughts and prayers to ODs daughter and the entire OD family , hope to toast a full turnaround at the Fest.

Holy Crap I Broke it well this time..

• Phindog says:

Toba !!

Toba — ‘Tis the deadest time of year, but we all have agreed not to post after you show up. There are exceptions to that…..but the P-Dog showing up cancels them all out. 🙂

• manitobafinfan says:

I have had it go quiet for a while right after I post, but I think 12 hours is a new record for me !!!

Toba — way it works this time of year is people wait for the chatty ones (like Mike E, Tim, D, me etc) to come on to start talking about stuff. Guess there is a critical mass for BS. Much as a Fest warrior that you are…..you get the idea.

Phinphinatic still thinks RT needs some work on his long ball. You just have to wonder, if these guys are really paying attention or do they just research old articles, and since someone once said it…

Landry on why he did not skip OTAs. Talk about the dude that fits into the whole “we play the game cause we love it” theme going on in Davie.
    —————–

“It didn’t cross my mind at all. My whole objective is to help my team get to the Super Bowl. That starts with me being here. I’m not worried about any contract. I’m focused on helping my team get to the Super Bowl. Playing hard. Playing well. Playing together.”

yes Stanger , I am well aware of my Lowly status in the Hierarchy 🙂

LOL — just means you have better things to do than a bunch of the rest of us do when it comes to the Tanny 48.0 convo.

• manitobafinfan says:

I read daily.. just have nothing to add that has not already been covered.. I am looking forward to an uptick in wins and hopefully a play off VICTORY this year..

Was not going at you at all…..if anything giving you credit for being smarter than most of the rest of us. And yeah the team is looking like it has an up bullet on it. Even if we will see how the season goes, seems a V at the Fest is more sure than usual. We lose that one and not going to be a lot of happy faces in the parking lot after.

yeah we lose to the J-E-T-E once this year will be a horrid thing..

You never know what might happen though. NFL can make no sense at times, and more so when it comes to the puke greens.

Lol, at my co worker. His wife makes his lunch, and he doesn’t know what he has until he opens it, so he always says what’s for lunch. To which i asked today, whattayagot. He says chicken salad.

Couple interesting points from Gase via Perkins from today.
    ———————————–

* Defensive back Walt Aikens, who has been a safety for the vast majority of his career, has gotten looks at cornerback during OTAs. “We’re just trying to find the right fit for him,” Gase said of Aikens.

* Gase on third-year defensive tackle Jordan Phillips: “I’d say he’s very difficult for us to block right now.” …

Aikens getting looks @ CB might be a clue to his not being long for this team. I’m all for the cross training and all, but…..

He’s valuable on ST’s though, but that may really be all he’s valuable for

He’s been worked that way since he’s been here. Aikens could be on the bubble but he’s also been a dynamic ST’s player and has versatility as a big DB with speed. He’d be a difficult cut. But maybe because we saw something more in another player.

I’m hoping for staying healthy for the most part more than anything. I think this team has talent and hopefully more depth this year. I like the competition. Not borderline players pushing other borderline players, but backend pushing backend talent because cracking the starting lineup will be difficult. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen this. 🙂

What Gase is saying is, we don’t want Rambo type of guys coming off the street to play for us, if you’re going to be on this team you have to play a position.

Tim said bubble but. lol

Yes Aikens is a solid ST’er. However he better start really flashing in camp @ more than ST drills. We gots us some more groceries to now add to the secondary stew.
    I’ll be quite happy if better talent quickly surpasses him causing his cut down. After all, we’s buildin a Championship team here.

Go Phins!

153. Phindog says:

Great interviews on Miami dolphins.com if you got time to watch them.

We’ve never needed players to challenge for the AFC East. We’ve needed a coach that count challenge Belicheck. I think we have that now.

I agree, and we’re starting to see it unfold, right before eyes, player by player. Gase has command of the ship, and knows what he’s doing. How did Stills like playing for Gase compared to Philbin?

Tim, I’m really looking fwd to seeing Drake develop in his 2nd year under Gase. I think he’s gonna be a stud used in different ways. We saw just a dew glimpses of his home run hitting ability last year. Now he just needs to become more consistent, let the game come to him.
      If our OL can be a better than average unit, and sustain a solid unit all season, then lookout, this offense can become scary!

I don’t agree that Drake needs to let the game come to him, that’s something Philbin would say to him. Don’t you guys see what’s happening? Country club life is over for the foreseeable future. Last year it was Ajayi and Damien that got stronger and tougher, this year it’s Phillips and Drake, so far…

Add Parker to this list of young guys that has seemingly taken the next step in becoming a pro. Sure we’ve seen this in the past, but not to the magnitude Gase is applying it, he doesn’t take slacking as being ok. You wanna play put in the work.

Drake does look bigger, and it appears he got the message from Gase. Get your body ready, learn situation football… how many times have we seen guys try to make a play instead of just getting a 1st down on 3rd down?

Gase seems to be at least imitating what the cheats have been doing. Why hasn’t another team copied them, with any success before? The best candidates to do it are within the division, and they’ve either been to lame or stubborn (rex).

NEW BLOG IS UP!