Isaac Asiata #68 – RD 5, Pick 164

fl-dolphins-asiata-ready-to-earn-his-jersey-video-20170505

The Miami Dolphins had Asiata in for a pre-draft visit, and it appeared that both parties felt they had a match, and that they would be back together soon.

“I was excited,” Asiata said about his pre-draft visit. “I was down there and I met with Coach (Adam) Gase and the whole staff. I told them before I left that I really wanted to be a Dolphin. They (drafted a lot of Utah guys in the past) and I’m very blessed, very honored to be the next Utah Ute to go down to Miami. Very excited, guys.”

As I was watching the draft, I started wondering when the 4th RD came and went if we were actually going to draft Asiata, because he was expected to go in the 4th.  The 5th RD came, and the Dolphins traded up to pick #164 and nabbed the big Samoan.  So after going defense-defense-defense with their first 3 picks, the Dolphins gave the offense a boost with the burly Utah OG.

Asiata was a 3 YR starter at Utah, but started at RT initially,  but most of his action was at LG.  He did play 7 games at RG in 2014.  I like his self description, and his viewpoint on playing on the O-line . . .

“I’m a real hard-nosed football player,” Asiata said. “I believe an offensive lineman needs to play with intellectuality and brutality. He needs to be smart and he also needs to put guys in the dirt. That’s the kind of style of play that I bring to the table and I’m ready to bring that down to Miami.”

Many of us here on FU had an idea that Asiata was going to be the guy, although some held out hope that we would address the O-line earlier.  As it turned out, the O-line class was not a particularly strong one, and combine with the fact that the defensive side was so strong, there were only 2 OL drafted in the RD 1, and that was OT Garrett Boles who went to the Broncos at #20, and OT Ryan Ramczyk who went to the Saints at #32.  The vaunted Forrest Lamp went in the 2nd RD pick #6 to the Chargers.

I definitely think Asiata has a chance to be a starter here in MIA, but I wouldn’t write it in ink that he’s the opening day starter. Gase loves Bushrod, and if he’s healthy, he’s almost certainly the RG.  That leaves the competition open for LG, with Ted Larsen,  Anthony Steen, possibly Kraig Urbik, and of course, the aforementioned Isaac Asiata.  Asiata brings power and nasty, Larsen brings a little nasty too, and more experience.  It should be an interesting battle, but this guy is rooting for Asiata.

GO DOLPHINS!  Zero in!

284 Responses to Isaac Asiata #68 – RD 5, Pick 164

1. Phindog says:

FIRST !!

“I believe an offensive lineman needs to play with intellectuality and brutality.” I love that quote.

Love the toughness and physicality the guy seems to bring, but still gonna wait on him. Too many burned hopes put into recent guards drafted higher than him……I’m Guard Shy now.

I love what he said too. I totally get the “Guard-shy” complex. This has been going on for quite a while, Dallas Thomas, John Jerry, Billy Turner etc

steveccnv says:
    June 1, 2017 at 10:35 am
    Gase seems to be at least imitating what the cheats have been doing. Why hasn’t another team copied them, with any success before? The best candidates to do it are within the division, and they’ve either been to lame or stubborn (rex).
    ——————-

Completely agree that seems that when it comes to scheme and player flexibility that we are using the Pats as a model. And as successful as the Pats have been……makes you wonder why it took teams so long to try to copy that. Maybe it takes another head coach as smart to make it work, and think we have one.

Asiata has had a rough start to the OTAs, so unless he picks it up much quicker, he won’t be starting any time soon. I think the potential is there, if he can fix his rough edges.

TC will decide what he’ll be for us not OTAs. He’s just getting started as a rookie.

I agree – You can’t put too much stock into OTA’s either way, good or bad. Training camp and pre-season games will be much more telling.

At least suggests that he might not be the quickest around when the pads are not on…..but 90% of the value of a G is when they are.

He was taken in the 5th, because hes not ready. Of course training camp will decide it, but he’s way behind, and my point was he’s got a lot of catching up to do, if hes going to start early in the season.

Evaluating OL without pads is very difficult. The defense always has the upper hand.

Asiata may value intellectual play, but he doesn’t play that way. He often plays out of control. That isn’t playing smart. NFL defenders will take advantage of his over aggressive nature. He needs to pull it back and play with discipline…maintain positional integrity and stop lunging into his blocks. He’s got the knocking guys in the dirt part down, but he needs to realize that OL play isn’t about knocking guys in the dirt. It’s about positioning and leverage. He’s not gonna be knocking NFL DL in the dirt.

I think he means knowing what everyone is doing and not just his own assignments. His technique is another thing. That’s probably why he went in the 5th rd.

Randy might hate Asiata more than Tannehill. I said “might”. lol

Hayes on periscope right now, really interest dude lol, and these asshat reporters are just continually asking about his belie in aliens and mermaids etc, but he is rolling with it seamlessly. Really liking this guy. He is 100% genuine.

He talked up the organization big time too.

Yeah he is a different dude……but long as he can stuff the run who cares? And not like he is some rook saying the same. He’s got a real nice resume.

He can also rush the passer. He’s just not a finisher sack artist. But he can pressure the QB.

He might get some sacks, but just don’t see Hayes getting a lot of them…..not after we re-signed Branch and drafted Harris in the first. And we all know what Wake is best at. Maybe he has it in him, but not thinking he will get many chances at it.

9. dbolt48 says:

In regards to Asiata….in regards to OTAs, no pads, new O, maybe new techniques so you expect early struggles. Tunsil struggled initially and Even into TC, but improved day by day. I’m hoping for the same path for Ike.

Randy is correct on the areas of correction needed & hope the staff can help
    him harness that aggression. He does have top shelf power as an OL in this league, but needs to keep his head up & eliminate his second level bull rush.

Tunsil struggled, but those feet were where they needed to be. Asiata doesnt compare, all struggles aren’t created equally😁

• dbolt48 says:

None are created equal, but OTAs are OT the time to start worrying about a rookie OL nor a 2nd year player in Tunsil who got worked over by a rookie.

Asiata is a beast based on the reports. Little worried about he reacts to the NFL swivel your head situation when it comes to pass pro though.

• dbolt48 says:

I’m not hugely concerned about that aspect as he seemed fine to me dropping back. My biggest concern is the sucking of the head when he fires out on the second level. He needs to Understand it’s fine to stand/wall off a defender bs trying to erase him from earth😂

What reports, and based on what he did in college or OTAs?

Steve (and Dbolt too since he talked 2nd level)……he seemed more like a road grader to open a hole than a zone blocking guy based on what I read. Also understand he played in a zone scheme in college though. And I am not really worried about a G’s play in OTA’s other than fit, smart, etc.

Dbolt, when he sucked as bad as they said in OTAs, yeah it’s a concern.

• dbolt48 says:

It’s not a concern to me at all, let the pads go on and get to TC. Are you concerned about Tunsil? Reports are he was taking to the wood shed.

Who said he sucked in OTAs?

• dbolt48 says:

In all honesty all the OT reports I saw said everyone on the OL struggled.

Stanger, just saying Hayes can pressure the QB. So when he’s in there and the opponent passes it’s not like he has no pass rush. Like I said he’s just not a high sack guy but he can disrupt the QB.

Never said he couldn’t rush the passer and seems to have the athletic to do it. Bet you he doesn’t get more than 4 sacks this year though……especially since think he is here to stop the run in the base. Guessing Branch won’t be happy with his sack numbers this year either though.

I don’t think he’ll have a lot of sacks either but you kept saying run defense and he will have to rush the passer also. Teams pass on every down now, it’s not like back in the day.

Isn’t to stop the run why all the writers say he is here? Was just going off that. And I’ve seen some great sacks by him in clips too. Think he has a lot of ability at that. Real happy to have him on the team. Think he was a great sign…a jack of all tools for the modern game. Just cause I say a guy is great in one aspect does not mean I am dogging him in others I don’t mention.

Not trying to disagree with you or anything. Just thought you were limiting him as one dimensional. I don’t care what writers say about him. They all pigeon hole themselves just like they get all confused about who plays where at LB. LOL

Asiata was compared to Jeremiah Poutasi by NFL.com. Poutasi was expected to be drafted in the 5th RD by Zierlein at NFL, but was taken in the 3rd RD pick #2 by the Titans. Asiata was expected by Zierlein to go RD3 or 4, but was taken in the 5th. I find that interesting. Different drafts with different players, but interesting all the same

You would think he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, but there’s lots of reasons why guys go or don’t go where projected. I think he’s a pretty good evaluator.

I do too, and the level of talent in the draft affects where you get drafted too. This was a pretty deep draft, so guys who were expected to go earlier didn’t in many cases

I like Alonso as a player but he’s not a good interview. He doesn’t say much nor does he try to. LOL

He isnt exuberant, so its kind of bland. He does very much seem to have ice in his veins, which can be good for a LB who has to maintain focus and get people lined up, etc. but yeah it doesnt make for a really exciting interview and it doesn’t give you a glimpse into what level of passion he has for the game.

Asiata has pretty damn good feet himself. Tunsil is on a hole other level that way, but its not like Asiata is garbage or slow or moves like he has bags on his feet. Dont listen to the talking heads and the BS they chirp, they love nothing more to make a big deal out of something and get the fans going so they can get clicks.

When most of if not all Florida media types head into OTAs feeling queazy about the OL what do you think you’re going to get when they get beat? LOL

I hope Asiata works out! I actually love the passion he plays with. It’s a good start. He reminds me of a young Incognito, actually. Incognito learned how to harness his aggression and become a pretty good player. It can happen. Like all rookies, he’s got a lot to learn. I think Asiata will get better.

I like OL who want to be nasty fuckers, im like Gase, id take a 15 yarder every so often just to let a guy get his demons out for a walk. I was always at the top of my game when i was pissed off, and it didnt matter if i was pissed at someone on their team or my own QB, turned into a good snap regardless.

Just cancelled my Facebook account. Feel a lot more safe now. And had no need of it anyhow. Even when like a month ago I went “deactivate” they still kept coming after me. They say it is forever…..and that is fine by me.

What’s that all about?

Nothing much except they know everything. And I only had the account for password access anyhow (and don’t even need that). Facebook is a hacker’s dream though. Can’t stop the wife, but they sure do make it hard to delete.

D,
    I also think Asiata has good movement skills….not great but plenty good enough. I’d prefer him at RG, but he can play either.
    ***
    I think it’s cool to say it’s okay to get a 15 yard personal foul, but in reality it is a huge hinderance to your offense. Rarely do NFL offenses overcome an extra 15 yards and loss of down. There are plenty of ways to get a guy without taking a penalty. I only got called for one personal foul in all my years of football. A linebacker put his hands together and gave me a double fisted upper cut to my chin. He didn’t get flagged, so he had to pay. But, I made sure I hurt him when it would least hurt the team. I also got my ass chewed by my coach, and I totally deserved it because I put myself above the team. It felt good to lay his ass out and put a knee on his chest, but it was completely selfish.

Yeah – after a while you learn to wait a bit when flags are involved. My first scrumhalf (like a QB sort of) was a little Canadian dude. Good player, but not like he was going to get in it. He’d turn to me every once in a while after he got the nasty and go “see number [whatever]……make him feel pain when the ref ain’t looking.” He was a good guy, so figured what happened after was deserved.

I meant more along the lines that if agressive play got them a 15, not like they were trying to get a 15 yarder, but if they were balls out busting heads and you know the refs sometimes call shit thats really is them trying to pussy up this game, but if they were just knocking people around, im going to be ok with that.

James got a 15 yarder busting off on a guy because he late hit Tanny, all he did was snatch the dude up, off of Tanny because he was still laying on him, and Gase mentioned after the game that he didnt really chew his ass about it because he wants them to be aggressive and support one another. Thats the kind of thing im talking about, stupid penalities, no i agree with you it can really hurt your team, but there are some penalties, especially now that you are going to get just breathing wrong, and im not wanting to tell my player to play like a pussy just to avoid a penalty, just dont get stupid ones.

I wasnt dirty, i didnt get penalties at all, but i played like i wanted to destroy the guy across from me, because thats kinda my job, thats how you have to be to win battles in football, because you can bet money that other guy is wanting to do the same to you.

Randy there are always plays away from your side when no one is looking to handle shit like that, hell id throw bitches to the ground when the play was away from me, more intimidated they were of me the more my job got easier. They either would fly into a rage and either get a penalty on themselves, or they would play right into my plan for blocking them, or they might just try to go around me from now on, and take themselves out of plays. Its a psychological game out there as much as a physical one and i used that stuff to my advantage.

What’s up blog? I’m busy getting my shit together and getting my divorce all final. Just saying to all you lawyers on here, your profession is a bunch of blood suckers! That said, I’m getting my old car that’s been in the garage for years fixed up to sell so I can pay said blood suckers. I’ve become quite the vintage auto parts finder. I got to start it up last weekend, the first time it’s been started I know since at least 2005(I’ve owned it since 1995). It’s looking pretty good!

• Phindog says:

Is that a 63 Volvo ?

• herdfan says:

• Phindog says:

Keep it .. your ex will end up footing the bill for your lawer and you get to keep a cool car. If you did decide to sell it what are you looking to get if I may ask… I have a 1923 model T and wouldn’t mind adding.

Divorces sucks no matter how it is going down. If it helps any….other lawyers look at divorce lawyers like the rest of you folks look at lawyers. Vultures most of them.

D, this time of year all we’ve got are the beat writers, and theyve done a pretty accurate job during OTAs and preseason in the past, so…i expect Asiata to get it done at some point, but that time isnt soon. I’ve watched his tape, I know what he’s capable of.

Asiata is a hard-nosed, ‘strong as an ox’, and mauling mofo. He’s got to work on his second-level play, even though he’s worked in a zone system at Utah. I think Dbolt has stated it best with his above comments up the page.

I said it the day we drafted him and Randy agrees… Asiata is likely going to be a RG for us until he further develops with time, and that is NOT a knock on Asiata.

OTAs for a rook mean NATHAN more than learning the NFL game, taking intelligent reps, utilization of a new playbook as a newfound pro, and ALWAYS keeping in shape. Once the shells go on, we’ll truly know how much more these rooks have learned since OTAs.

Asiata seems to be MUCH like ‘Dark Richie’ (the player)… only without the acumen to be our starting LG from the jump. We’ll see. My “maulers” always go to the RG position for a right-handed QB… as is the case for most of the NFL.

I’m not sure why I — and then Randy — got kickback for saying that we see Asiata as a RG for us.

Talking about the ‘here and now’ in Asiata’s rookie campaign, until he further develops into something more, that is.

• Phindog says:

Well he does walk around with a left handed golf club to diddle the bean if he gets the chance.. Does that make him better at RG ? Just sayin.. 😎

Just so long as Asiata doesn’t SMASH his car up like DARK RICHIE had done, on PURPOSE! :8

• Phindog says:

Dark Richie only smashed his car once the lunch tray was dropped and he found out he might end up in buffalo 😆

Why would somebody *HULK SMASH* his own Ferrari? Leave it to ‘Dark Richie’!!!

• Phindog says:

Unfortunately the league decided he was a rasist and that didn’t sit well with him.

• Phindog says:

Racist ^^^

Just me… I think Incognito was undetected for masked ROIDS. Dude is VERY sharp and intelligent. I’d be willing to bet he went undetected using an ‘Adderall mask’, if you will, without the Adderall.

I don’t know… just floating an idea that can’t be proven. But we can CERTAINLY see “ROID RAGE” out of him in the past.

23. Phindog says:

Herdfan.. Mike E has my contact info if you are interested in selling that car. That doesn’t mean he gets a finder fee 😎

Phindog. Definitely planning to sell the car. No clue what I should get for it other than a divorce. Lol. Long story. My soon to be ex sold my car at the time to buy this one so it’s mine I figure. Been in the garage for years. I’m fixing it up and selling it. It’s really in great shape. Shows just over 49000 miles which I think is accurate. I know Ive had it 22 years and not put more than a few thousand on it. Still some work to be done but it’s moving on it’s own. No pushing.

• Phindog says:

You should complete the restoration and then sell it. If not then you will have buyers but at a discounted rate.. most Rodders look for a car like that to put a small block in it to make it a sleeper. Way more power and fun to drive and embarrases the kids with the new nipnascars… That car has room for many mods.. FYI.. an LS1 motor tucks right in under that hood.

BTW. Inlanders rock

• Phindog says:

Well if we desire to close the northern boarder all we need to do is lay out a 3′ layer of sand because Canadians hate sand.🖕

26. Phindog says:

Toba .. if I could do that I wouold never leave the house.. I did try once and fell off the couch and dislocated my shoulder 😆

I didn’t think it was possible to actually delete your account I deactivated mine last year and left it because I could not find any way to delete it. How did you get to delete your account I would like to know.

Stanger’s “connected”

Rock I forget exactly how I did it it given that I looked through a bunch of different links before finding the right answer, and even that had a number of steps…..but the right answer started with putting “delete account” into the help window. I had mine deactivated before then, but it still showed up and they still pestered me. And don’t even know if it is all done yet. They said could take up to six months for my page to go away.

I know we all know this already, but I dig it anyway! Go Gase!

I think the biggest thing i saw with Asiata is that when he does get downfield, he sometimes lunges to get a hit on a defender and he gets himself off balance when he could have just played through a couple more steps and when the guy started squaring up to make the play knocked the shit out of him and opened the back for a cutback lane, but he kind of lunges at him and gets hands on him but doesnt really knock him out of the way and at the same time he is not impeding the cutback.

His buddy, who was LT last year, Tevi (actually liked how he played as well, he was just really raw) had similar problems but they were much more pronounced than Asiata, he seems to get himself off balance a lot. These were generally issue when the plays were away from them not as much when they were to their side and generally when they had to chase their defender, ie they had an initial defender that was their responsibility but they then needed to release that block and trial the play picking up whatever defender in the 2nd level they could find for purposes of cutback lanes.

I never really saw a ton of overt flaws in his game, his feet are good, his punch is good, he sets a good anchor, he usually wins leverage battles, it seemed very very solid, to good. Also i never have heard anything about their OC being a beast, and i know Tevi was a very raw first year starter at the LT spot, so to me that says Asiata pretty much anchored that whole left side. Id play him at LG for sure, go with that strength, use the fact that he knows how to help out in the case that Tunsil does have to adjust to LT NFL speed DE’s and them running twist plays to the inside. Not that i think Tunsil will struggle but i saw Asiata helping Tevi out on some plays and that would be a nice change from what we had at OG over the past few years.

Im really excited about Asiata and i think despite these “reporters” seemingly doing an accurate job this OTA, its OTA’s and they are acting like we are seeing real football flaws in a late stage of TC. They are sensationalizing the problems, because you CANNOT evaluate an OL or a DL effectively during OTA’s and they know this or if they dont, then id really question why anyone believes in their reporting so much.

Mike, I like that idea as well, but i think id take it even a step further. Id start camp with all white helmets. Id affix a smaller pride sticker with the phins logo for each positive thing they did, and id remove one for each bad thing they did, and they could look right at their helmet and see where they stood. Can you imaging running into TC with just a couple of stickers, and others who are there to earn the spot are riding with 5-10. Id make damn sure that TC i took it up a whole helluva level and for the coaches it would make the whole cutting process much better, unless for some reason cutting a guy with more stickers than most others made more sense because of position need for example.

Even then though, you could have your cut language planned out. “Its not a matter of how good you performed, we had to cut you because we were overstocked on talent in your group, and we needed to take someone from a different position, even though the performance you put in was superior to his, obviously we felt very strongly about you and the good you did here. We hope to get you back to our PS, but if other opportunities present themselves i would be glad to give you a good recommendation, including acknowledgement of your achievements during this camp.”

Herd that’s a pimp car ya got. I like that body style, and there were not a ton of cars in the 60’s with it. Fiat had some sports models that looked kind of similar. American cars were just starting to round their edges some but most were still boxy with just the corners rounded. Again, nice car, looks in really good shape too.

You can mail Facebook to have it formerly removed. They will do that for deceased peoples account, and i believe will do it upon request, though they may give ya 20 questions kinda thing for staying, seeing if there are ways to keep you because not only does your leaving affect their numbers by one, a lot of the linking they do between accounts and a lot of the advertising strategies from their paying ad companies have strategies dependent upon having certain numbers with certain numbers of friends linked together. Its crazy some of the business metrics behind the Facebook advertising.

According to Facebook at least, I did it on line last night. They got me the first time asking “you sure you just don’t want to deactivate instead” over and over. Turns out deactivate didn’t seem to change much…..was still getting all the suggested friends e-mails and my page was still there.

D

That’s not a bad idea, I kinda like that. It’s kind of like colleges with all the stickers on their helmets, like Ohio State.

Lots of coaches say stuff like this, but think ours actually means it. Think Gase would have kept 7-11.
    —————————-
    “I think the biggest thing we emphasized … was that this is a prove-it league. It doesn’t matter what round you were drafted. If you were drafted nobody really cares. If you can play, you’ll be out there. If you’re a rookie over a 10-year guy and you’re better, you’ll play. No one cares. I think when you’re a rookie, if you hear that, then you know to get to work and see where these chips fall.”

Nice start to an article by Hyde…..dude at least comes up with the right questions.
    ————————
    ” Tannehill handles pressure from the blitz wonderfully, as he had the fifth-highest quarterback rating in the league against the blitz last season at 105.6, according to Pro Football Focus.

Tannehill handles pressure awfully, as he had a 49.1 rating under pressure and the largest gulf between clean-pocket and under-pressure ratings, according to Pro Football Focus. Huh?”

2 different things, pressure from the blitz and pressure overall, blitz or not. It should be easier to throw against blitz pressure, because there’s less guys in coverage.

Without going into what PFF does….think you might be right. Might be that when Tanny reads blitz he knows he has to get it out quick, but is not so good at seeing the pressure come when it develops in other ways.

36. naplesfan2010 says:

i’m all for accountability and earning your spot and minutes, but i do think the no logo thing is a misstep. It’s juvenile, meaningless, and can’t be sustained. Harris is not nobody, and everybody knows he is not getting cut.
    What next?…are they gonna take away a guy’s logo if he gets passed on the depth chart?
    I like Gase but he needs to be careful to not be like that idiot recent coach of Tampa Bay…too gung ho and rah-rah. Gase did fine last year with his approach. He just needs to stay at that level of intensity and build the talent up. No sense in making himself a caricature like Philbin did.

Get your point, but hard to complain about what Gase has done up until now. And it just new guys…..even if they have lots of time in with other teams.

• naplesfan2010 says:

totally not complaining,..I am very happy with Gase and our current team composition … I just don’t want anything to spoil it … there is such a thing as too much of a good thing … too much passing, too much rushing, too much discipline, too much freedom.

Tom Coughlin had a problem with one and Pete Carroll has a problem with the other.

I think the Gase of last year, toward the end when he settled into his own, was the Gase you are seeing with these things he is doing now. I think after he stripped a few non-deserving people of their logos (ie kicking Thomas, Douglas, and Turner to the curb) that was the guy we saw the rest of the way. He tried starting off strict with Ajayi, but got shaken up because he felt like it didnt work out like he had wanted due to how Ajayi initially reacted, but he backed off and it led to us still running week by week with Thomas and/or Turner when they obviously were soft and mushy pansy pups with 0 bite in them. He then said fuck it, even in a bad spot on the OL he reverted back to his way and i think thats when shit started finally going the right way. Im all for it, i dont think at all it sends a bad message or is a childish tactic. I think it instills in guys what needs to be instilled, this is your profession but more importantly this is your team, take pride in it, take pride in doing oyur best for more than just yourself.

steveccnv says:
    June 2, 2017 at 1:41 pm

——————————-
    Exactly, what it says about him is he seems to have good instincts for finding the receiver that is going to be in the vacated zone once he recognizes blitz, which it also says he most likely reads blitz packages well. He should after all because i bet if you look into statistics hard enough, he was one of the most blitzed QB’s in the league, people knew to throw pressure at him until he got rattled. Id bet he has become really good out of it out of necessity lol.

It also says things like, he doesnt have good pocket presence, because those other pressures he is bad at, those are the ones we all know of that usually end up in strip sacks, or him awkwardly running right into a defender try to escape the pocket, etc.

What it really means to me is he just needs to be more observant and apply the same logic he does for hitting that guy in the vacated zone to normal pocket pressure, and choosing to hit the outlet guy or make less panicked maneuverings within the pocket. He hasnt always been given the best situations to work in, but he has been given a bunch that were and still really didnt manage it well. Maybe if he gets more than just a few chances to figure it out from now on he will settle into a better pattern for handling those.

I know we all put a timeline on QBs when they should reach their ceiling but I think RT can and will improve his game. I think he’s got the right coach, a good team around him and a good vibe throughout the org. Things are different than they were in years past.

You have to consider though Tanny as not really having much chance to develop, being somewhat sabotaged by Philbin who had desires to move on from him as their QB, and and OC that came afterwards who didnt seem to have his shit together, but also really didnt think much for Tanny since he forbade him the right to audible, etc, which again stunted his growth.

If this was talking about growing plants, like fruit trees, you could literally show how not nurturing and keeping their roots in a confined space stunts growth, and eventually kills the tree, but just like with those trees if the right person comes around and moves them to a better place with rooms for the roots to spread out, and nurtures them correctly, they can bounce back and go one to grow into fully productive fruit trees.

I kinda feel the same about Tanny, there has been a lot of damage done, but the roots are still good, so there is hope left he develops, it no doubt changes his productivity timeline, but hopefully we see this coming year where this is going, new growth, maybe a couple of harvestable fruits, he not only has to show life, he has to show new growth though for us to have confidence again.

I don’t really think the logo on the helmet thing is an issue we as fans should care about. It’s a team thing and shouldn’t really concern us but that’s just me. 🙂

No i agree with that, its all about team building, getting rookies to respect being a pro, etc. So its mostly just development of players which of course is a coach to player thing. I do think we as fans have some reason to care about it, because we do care that these players grow up right….with them Indiana boys on them Indiana nights…..wait what was i saying again… oh yeah we want the best for our team and we want the best from our players so we are invested and have to care by proxy.

Really though we should only care about the result, not the method of getting there, and right now my opinion is that Gase does a good job at that so i guess im just going to assume he has a method to his madness and it includes making the players earn the logo.

I remember back in the day a lot if not all teams did that. We did under Shula. I remember the TC pics where everyone wore just white helmets.

White helmets, white tee shirts, and white shorts. I think even Shula wore them too, except the helmet. It couldve been done to reflect the heat, during those 6 a day practices😉

D, nice fruit tree analogy. LOL

• From my perspective, Arkansas’ Drew Morgan remains the most impressive of the eight young receivers competing for jobs behind Stills, Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker. He caught at least four passes Wednesday, the second OTA open to reporters and the fifth overall.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article153593104.html#storylink=cpy

SUCK IT OMAR!

Man that Charles Walker kid from Oklahoma, was supposed to be a middle round kinda talent, not only went undrafted but has already been cut by Philly. There must be something bad wrong there.

Ladarius Green and Housler both cut as well, one of them probably winds up in Baltimore now that it looks like Pitta might be gone for good.

Steelers cut Green? Wow! My friend Scott really liked getting Green

Yeah that was pretty surprising.

I havent seen anoyone on their roster i think is as good as Green either. They must really like Jesse James but im not overly impressed with him, and Xavier Grimble is a good deep threat but hasnt really showed to be consistently average even at this point.

I also missed that Calvin Pryor was traded. Anyone know for what?

D, I think the Jets like Middleton too.

Wow on the Pitta news, he absolutely destroyed us last year.

Doggy

Sorry bud, just saw your responses from last night. I was sleeping or at least trying to when you answered. I haven’t tried to recruit, but I would love to have more folks come down to the beach and hang with us. Any recommendations on how to sell it?

It’s nice to see some young WRs competing for the last 3 spots. That should be fun. Sign of a good team when you have a strong 3 and looking for 4, 5, and 6 with young players who do have ability. Remember when Marlon Moore was a starting option?

LOL, remember when Legadu Nanu-Nanu was a starting option, too?!! 🙂

Who was the other WR who was a big dude who looked great in OTAs, something Wallace?

Roberto Wallace! Yup, I remember him. Remember the Earnest Wilford project from WR to TE in order to get “bigger” at TE? Yeah… those were the DARK TIMES.

Ro-boy-to

All booked for the Fest! Looking forward to it, but by no means rushing the summer away.

Cool — where are you guys staying?

Margaritaville again. We really liked it there

Was just wearing a t-shirt from there a couple days ago that some kind couple gave me. Never stayed at one of the Buffet hotels, but have been to one of Cheeseburgers in Paradise…..really liked the vibe.

50. naplesfan2010 says:

D
    great analogy
    I’m looking for 3 dozen oranges then and less than a dozen spoiled by the citrus (INT) canker.

After reading this sentence you will realize that the the brain doesn’t recognize a second “the”.

I’ve read three times don’t know what is is your point.

😆

I read that on Twitter and it honestly got me reading it the first time. It won’t get EVERYBODY, but most. And if it didn’t get you here, it may have had to do with the way it was ‘framed’ on Twitter.

There are a lot of ‘brain tricks’ out there and I find it to be interesting… the brain can fill in blanks, assume, and trick itself.

We’re currently sitting at roughly $17M in cap space right now. I’m still advocating that we sign Orlando Franklin and Tony McDaniel. Between the two, they may cost us around $6M this year (IMO: $5M for Franklin, $1M for McDaniel). Sign them, and roll over the rest to re-sign Jarvis Landry next year.

Drew Rosenhaus (Franklin’s agent) contacted us a few days ago about signing Franklin, and we told him we weren’t interested (at least for now, IMO). Well, why not just use that current $17M in cap space to re-sign Landry now?

I think we’re being strategic in the way we’re going about this. If we wait to sign Franklin, we could get him on the cheap. If we don’t re-sign Landry right now, we keep him HUNGRY.

Whatever the case may be, I still think we need a savvy vet to add to our DI (Defensive Interior) rotation. McDaniel is still one of the better run-defenders in the league at 32 years old, and he cost less than $1M last year for the Seahawks. Get McDaniel signed soon, I would say, before he’s signed elsewhere. And God forbid should Suh or Phillips get injured; sign McDaniel NOW.

I’d be THRILLED(!!!) with Suh, Phillips, and McDaniel rotating. Add a mix of the puppies Godchaux and Taylor, allowing them to develop in a timely fashion rather than throwing them into the fire immediately. Let us not assume that 5th and 6th Round DTs can adequately contribute from day 1… they likely must be groomed, hence their 5th and 6th Round statuses.

Competition is good, especially on the cheap in McDaniel. PUSH Phillips, press the rooks, and have an insurance policy in McDaniel.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I’ve been pushing for signing McDaniel ever since we let our previous vet DT walk. He brings a good work ethic, a nastiness Philips should emulate, and at 6’7 he would adequately replace Philips in that way. Or Imagine a DL interior on kicks made up of those two and Vince Taylor who blocked about 5 in college. That’s potential game-changing TOs.

I think after these OTAs and minicamps is when the team will determine if we need to look elsewhere for some depth. It seems the FO and coaching staff are content for now with who we have.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I think you are correct, but GMs are always aware of guys out there in the league who come free who can help their team. We have a very complete and comprehensive roster. Barring injuries (Pouncey) we don’t need anybody else right now, and they might just want to go with what they have and see after this next season where they need to upgrade to make a Super Bowl push.

Until the coaches see a void due to poor performance or injury, stay with a younger roster. It’s not like our team is all rookies or 2-3 year players. But we have quite a few mixed with some good talent in their prime or vets who can still contribute. This is the best roster talent wise I’ve seen in years. Is it good enough, I don’t know but we have more talent than I think a lot of people think we do.

Go Phins!!!

M13, yeah it’s pretty crazy how the mind can read upside down text or scrambled letters in words and still read what it says.

55. naplesfan2010 says:

Two of our guys made the “best over 30 yrs old players ” list. Guess which 2. LOL Obviously Suh and Wake.

Thoughts and prayers to the people of London after enduring yet ANOTHER terrorist attack. 😦

Yes. It’s not going to end until there is a change of heart. Bullets and bombs are not the answer. But we have no other choice right now. This enemy is rooted in an absolute ideology. Really sad.

I missed the the second “the” too

Did you see what I did there?

Rain glorious Rain
    4th straight day of rain after 3 1/2 months with none.

Beyond any shadow of a doubt the single most annoying thing for any adult in summer time is a fervoded game of children playing “Marco” – “Polo”. JMO

Sometimes there’s just not enough beer…

11 cups – 5 scoops Ahhhh

Oh and bacon! 🐽

61. jetsssuck says:

here’s a tip for the bacon lovers that piggy would approve of.
    rinsing the bacon with water retains 50 % of its size after cooking.

In my experience, rinsing doesn’t do much for it, but cooking it in the oven will reduce shrinking a ton. I always lay a sheet of foil on a cooking sheet with the sides folded up and bake at 400 to preferred doneness. If cooking for a crowd, I can get up to 4 pans and 3 lbs of bacon in the oven at a time. After the pan cools, fold and toss the foil, no clean up, perfect large strips of bacon every time.

Mmmmmmm…bacon.

Those are good too Stanger. They are always welcome at my breakfast.

And that is just the start for biscuits n’ gravy (biscuits already in the oven) with the eggs done same time as the gravy. Man could my Kentucky Grand Ma make that happen. Sorta explains why that side of the family was not exactly thin though too.

Who’s this punk calling Suh psychotic?
    Supposed to be in a “good way”. Another pussy olineman who got handed his lunch more than once.

I cook my bacon in the oven at 425 degrees on a stone. While there is a little shrinkage, it’s never of the “frightened turtle” variety. It’s always the perfect piece of bacon. I sue thick cut hickory smoked, and usually it goes about 16-18 minutes, 18 being more crispy, 16 for juicy, but not mushy.

Son,
    The grease pools up in the pan. When you take the pan out, you can pour or scoop it out. You take a couple of TBSPs out (or however much you need) and put it in your egg pan. Easy peasy.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!’

Stop breeding in tastey and people will stop eating, if you guys were just a little less vain, you could breed out that horrible disease, tasteus barbequeus. Trus me humans are going to intervene and try to find a cure, just too much yummy to make them empathize.

Cav

Clean up is extremely easy, but even better, we save the bacon fat to cook with. Win win! You could either just pour it right into a container, or let it congeal, and it scrapes right off the stone quite easily and quickly. I love using the stone, one of the best cooking tools I have.

Orlando had a nother shooting this morning it looks like. Looks like this one, though was just a worker that went postal and doesnt seem to have any sort of terrorist ties. A guy went in to work and opened fire, at about 8am, but not many details are available at this time. There was a witness that ran and hid in the bathroom that called the cops and all they have reported of her call was that she said “my boss is dead, my boss is dead.” They have already extinguished the situation but they are still investigating as well.

Better be careful Mikey, if there isnt a lip on that stone you could start a fire really easy with bacon grease. Only stones i have ever seen are just solid blocks, no lip, but maybe yours is different

I didn’t realize that Bushrod was coming off surgery last season. Along with being more comfortable at G, another reason for look for him to be better this year.

“Last year, I had to get surgery on the right shoulder so my focus was getting that back; but this year compared to last year, I can focus on my strength and getting my conditioning. I came in last year with a bad shoulder and I had to learn a new position. That’s not easy physically or mentally…”

He also was first time right side vs left and again, i know a lot discount the significance of it, but even as Gase admitted last year, he didnt fully realize the differences and how it could really affect a player until they were middle of the year last year. Its going against instincts, its going against muscle memory and trainign to switch sides, it does impact your play. I had to fill in a couple time on the right side of the OL when i played, and i friggin hated it, it felt all kinda awkward.

There are probably some that transition no problem, but in general i bet there are a lot more that have trouble with it the first time they are asked to move.

71. naplesfan2010 says:

Moving from Tackle, where you operate in space against lighter fast men mainly trying to slip past you before you can get set, to Guard, where you are in a phone booth with the biggest man on the field who plants himself as an immovable object and tries to punch you in the gut so you bend over so they can club you down and trample you or rip you sideways off-balance so you look like a fool and leave a gaping hole, has to be a huge adjustment.

Last year BOTH our starting guards were converted from tackle with zero game experience at the new position.

Last year we asked a raw rookie and a career long vet to change from tackle to guard, and we still rushed for over 200 3 times AND gave up the least number of sacks since Ryan was drafted.

• naplesfan2010 says:

But I guess that is too much football knowledge for ESPN. They’d rather just go with “Tannehill can’t throw deep” instead of facts.

72. naplesfan2010 says:

I know Asiata is faulted for lunging at the second level, but he can grow out of that somewhat with good coaching. I’d rather have a guy who can get out there and lunge.

No safety is ever going to grow 100 pounds. No linebacker is ever going to put on 75 pounds. No run-support DB or even LB is going to enjoy some insane Samoan at 320 running full speed at him 10-15 plays a game. What if he connects solid even twice? That’s gonna hurt bad and that’s gonna soften up the run D late for Ajayi or Drake to rip off 25-35 yds or take it to the house.

This happened last year, so don’t say it can’t. Tunsil did it from LG. What if we have Tunsil AND Asiata loose and aiming for contact 8 yards out? By the 4th qtr the opposing D will have bruises.

73. naplesfan2010 says:

We also have James who can get to the second level and Pouncey is All-Pro because of how well he can hit LBs.

What if 4 fast OL are wrecking your LB/DB run support? What’s left? CBs trying to tackle Ajayi? Look how that went last year. I like that match-up. Sure they can catch Jay and drag him down.
    Sometimes.

D

There is about a 1″ lip all around the rectangular stone. I’ve had it for years, never had an issue. I have a much deeper one too, but this one is perfect for bacon

Naples, no doubt we’re going to start the season this year looking to run the ball early and often. Last year we were still finding our way. Ajayi changed all that. Would love to see Drake make more of an impact in the run game as well.

Drakes big deal is just being where he is supposed to be and thinking like a pro not like a rookie. He athletic ability is beyond what most people have at the RB position, very rare to have a 6’1 225-230 lbs guy who runs a 4.3-4.4. People want to keeps saying cscat back or thrid down back just because he has hoemrun speed but the guy is a sizable force as a power runner as well. I really hope to see him take off next year. He runs with a lot of agression too, like Ajayi, so those two pushing each other and feeding off each other could make for a running pair unlike anything we have ever had, since maybe Ricky and Ronnie were paired up. Fairly similar to that pairing too because i get a real Ricky Williams vibe when i watch Ajayi run, and Drake is a lot like Ronnie in that he is really fast and elusive and they were roughly the same size.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Perfect analogy…
        Dare i add Csonka/Mercury Morris?

I thought about it which i initially compared them to Brown and Williams, and there is some similarity between the fact that Csonka was one of those guys who took the hit to the defender and was hard to bring down on the first, second and probably third hit. Morris was very fluid and a lot like Drake in a lot of respects too, so year a pretty good comparison as well, though i think Ajayi is a bit better, or at least more fluid running back than Csonka, no arguing though how effective Csonka was.

Asiata just need to stay upright, and yeah thats just something he needs to work on, its not a problem that cant be fixed. I think he will be fine, and i think he could easily start as a rookie if they want him to. they have good contingency plans though if he isnt so im not sweatin this OL unit. It much better than we have had for past few years. The key is a healthy Pouncey, but we do have options there as well, unfortunately its not ones that can replace Pouncey, so they will need to get some help from the others if Pouncey isnt out there.

Mike, that’s cool, the one i have is for steaks, there isn’t a lip on it but steaks don’t drip a lot of grease, especially with the way i like them. Id probably cook bacon with it if it had a lip like that.

Wow Jeremy Maclin got cut. Thats a little shocking.

Ya know another thing thats been incredibly quiet, our transactions, noone has been cut yet, no churning of the bottom like picking up a UDFA from someone elses team, and dropping one of ours. I like that.

Good, it shows progression. Finally!

This is one of the most talented rosters I’ve seen in years. The key is staying healthy and the 2nd year and on players progressing as the rookies learn their way. For me this roster is better than last years. Definitely deeper with more young talent along with a few vet additions added to the core.

And Kiick everyone always forgets him.
    Williams, who’s already a fine pass catcher, can be our Kiick.

Is Kiick the only instance where ii are used consecutively?

Thought the same thing. Our current backs are different than that group one on one but they also bring a lot of the same qualities.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I of course was gonna mention Kiick, but D only went 2-deep, but you guys are right about both teams having that third guy to catch passes out of the backfield.

It seems like NE has tried to use that thunder/lightning+receiver threat in several iterations this century. To great success. I’ve always thought Bellycheat stole it from Shula.

80. naplesfan2010 says:

PS:Many Finnish names have that double “i” such as “Piiponen”
    PPS:isn’t Kiick battling some form of dementia?

81. naplesfan2010 says:

I was just looking at the NFL transactions list this morning while thinking the same thing. (that we aren’t churning, searching, begging for bottom of the barrel guys as solutions to a void or even just a depth need).

We have guys who started last year who weren’t good enough to bring back like Jason Jones, Chris Jones, Mario Williams, and Bacarri Rambo. We have other guys with us now who started last year who might not make the 53 on talent alone, let alone many of the prime back-ups from last year, such as a couple DBs and OL, DL, and LB.

I don’t see how the pundits can’t think we are not better than last year.

82. naplesfan2010 says:

However, OMG on our schedule. Tampa Bay, Carolina, NOLA, AND Atlanta? yikes that is a tough 4 right there. They ALL got Better since last year.
    Then there’s Denver, Oakland, KC, and the Chargers. Jeeeeezuss that is another really tough 4, although i don’t think any of them got that much better than last year, except maybe LA (SD).
    Plus we have to play Ravens and Titans right? sheesh I think Baltimore has a very shaky offense, but that’s a road game and we always have problems up there.
    And don’t even mention having to play the defending Super Bowl champions. TWICE! In addition we swept the other 2 AFCE teams last year but sweeping 2 games from 2 division rivals is historically very difficult to do in back to back seasons.

I think we are good enough to win a theoretical 12 games, but which 12? It is easier to see 12 LOSSES!!!!

If we’re a really good team, the wins will happen, no matter the competition. Yes, some teams improved, but so did we, and we have more continuity with some key players returning. If we can’t beat Carolina, TB, LA, DEN, then we’re not as good as we should be

ESPN bringing back Hank Williams Jr. for intro song. 1st smart move they’ve made in years

85. Phindog says:

Flights and Hotel booked !!

we are planning for Wednesday to Tuesday.. and YES still Inlanders, possibility of another 2 people but I wont know that for bit ..

WTG Doggy! Should be a great time once again. We’re going Wednesday to Monday

Yeah good teams win lots of games, they don’t use schedules as excuses. Sure a schedule can be tough, but you have to play who’s on it.

Toba

It’s nicer at the beach, ignore the sand. Besides, Doggy is on the beach, despite all the signage that says “NO DOGS ALLOWED” on the beach

Toba, you don’t like sand?

• manitobafinfan says:

I like to look at it… I can’t stand it between my toes, or burning my feet.. I prefer a Pool looking out over a beach..

• manitobafinfan says:

or in the case of La Quinta overlooking a Duckpond 🙂

Toba

Most of the hotels on the beach have pools that look out over the beach. That’s because they’re on the beach. lol

Gotcha! I’m not into laying on the beach and burning up but I do love the ocean, the look and sound of it. I prefer being out on a boat.

That would almost make sense..

Tim: I will lay by a pool and burn no problem, especially if there are Bevvies to be had.. I don’t mind a “Boat day” or a harbour cruise, but spending a day out on a boat doesn’t stir anything in me either… and don’t get me started on Cruise ships.. Cattle yards on water..

I’ve never been attracted to cruises. Floating hotels and being stuck with a lot of people I don’t want to be stuck with. LOL

• manitobafinfan says:

yep, and ports ya have to be up and off by 07:00 Am, you are told when to eat .. Damn You got me started !!! 🙂

• manitobafinfan says:

Yep , and ports ya need to be up and off by 07:00 Am, you get told when to eat, DAMMIT YA got Me Started !!

• manitobafinfan says:

disappeared and then there it was Twice !! sorry

Honoring the brave men who stormed the beaches of Normandy on this date – June 6, 1944.

Stanger: Extended vacays make it more feasible and a bit more relaxed pace when flying is an 8- 10 hr day.. 🙂 so far we re still planning La Quinta..

With all you extended Fest visitors seems like maybe we should set up a Thurs or Fri dinner. Someone want to take that on? I can offer suggestions, but figure…..you get the idea.

• manitobafinfan says:

Last year we tied up on the beach Thursday (I think ) Night with Phins and MikE and closed about three bars..

• manitobafinfan says:

year prior to that made the mistake of meeting them at 10:00 AM Saturday… memories of walking to and from D&B’s pretty sketchy..

Cool enough…..sounds like you guys had that part under control then and assume you will this year as well.

“memories of walking to and from D&B’s pretty sketchy.” Might also explain why you don’t remember meeting Home……and btw you didn’t. 🙂

Stanger Most welcome to join

Thanks Toba. Number of months off, but sounds like you guys are already thinking about getting going what I was suggesting. And that was my real hope.

LOL… Yeah that was strange…

Yeah, they tied me up to a motorboat, and let the fishes eat at me, and they called me silly names. lol

What are the Jets doing? LOL

Toba

We should have more of the crew come by the beach one night, we can shut down the entire strip

• manitobafinfan says:

More the merrier everyone !!!

we can make a more solid plan in the months to come.. looking forward to it..

But I gotta go run to Ball now.. Chat at y’all later EH..

FEST UPDATE

Game is Sun, Oct 22 at one against the JETS. Seats will be $65 each for real cheap nosebleeds.
    So make your travel plans……earlier you book flights typically the cheaper. Will get together the night before and Chef Warren tailgate as always.

CONFIRMED
    Pig
    PhinDog +2 (plane and hotel done)
    Mike E +1 (plane and hotel done)
    Son +1 (please give me your extra number)
    Rock (driving)
    Chef Warren +1 (will be there before you)
    Stanger + faux UK Phin (Dameon)
    Phelonius +1 to +3 (tailgate into his new club seats)
    Toba +1 (plane and hotel done)
    OD (+1?)….sitting with the crew.
    Brian in NY + son for his first game (in OD’s seats)

POSSIBLE
    Ken (make that probable)
    Herd
    Howie
    Getterdone

• manitobafinfan says:

Stanger:Toba +1 (plane and hotel not yet done) possibility of 2 more (pats and Falcons fans from 2 yrs ago) will let ya know very soon on that…

k now I gotta run..

lol…you got my e-mail. Somehow always works for the best in the end when I put such out though. 🙂

Stanger

Check your phone

73 years ago today, our brave young soldiers stormed the beaches of Normandy, France. They gave their very lives in order to end the Third Reich’s despotic rule in the face of a world at war. Hitler had no idea that 6/6/1944 would mark the beginning of the end for him.

This came at great expense with an exuberant loss of life for us… and a great many were not even old enough to drink having come straight out of high school. *sigh*

Please honor this special day so that our bravest are NEVER forgotten. #D-Day

Fuckin’ Stanger…..hatin’ on my club seats….

Still say for Fest 2018 you will be sitting with us in the nosebleeds, but we’ll see. And please don’t put my full name out on the open net again…..hackers everywhere.

GOOD NEWS: Our daughter came through her surgery at Vanderbilt University Hospital in fine shape. In a few weeks, we should know if the surgery has lessened her Grand Mal seizures. Next up, my wife has major foot surgery in 3 weeks.
    —————
    THANKS for all your best wishes.

June 6, 2017 at 6:38 pm

——————————-
    What was the motorboats name, and was Mrs. Hand not disappointed in you?

Im with ya on the W’s and L’s Mike, we just have to be prepared, and play up to our potential and we will have more W’s than L’s by proxy. You do have to say though that the NFL, maybe outside of about 5 teams doesn’t have a big gap in talent, so it basically boils down to which teams comes prepared and plays up to what they are capable of. Not many teams are in a place where they “couldn’t” win games on any Sunday, and similarly there aren’t many teams that don’t look like they could lose on any Sunday. Unfortunately we haven’t arrived at the place where we are one of the team that are outside of that, and even then i doubt we are ever going to consistently be in a place where we can think of ourselves that way, even if we are proving year after year we could be. Its our place to judge our team not necessarily on wins and losses but whether or not we are only losing when another team just really steps up.

I could live with 8-8 IF when i looked at those 8 losses i was thinking those guys played their best game against us, and we didn’t so much lose as they just wouldn’t be denied a win. However, if that’s the only way we are losing i doubt it would be 8-8 anyways, because most of the time you aren’t going to have 8 times that teams do that to you. Im hoping to see 10 wins, and a lot better performance in the bowl game we will likely get if we do end up with 10W’s. Gotta be patient when you are applying craftsmanship to building something, and the end result will be much better if you go that route. I just dont think you can say and we MUST get a playoff win to have improved from last year, because there are usually pretty damn good teams in the playoffs and there is no saying that we should or shouldn’t win that game, just play every game the best we can and let W’s and L’s take care of itself.

I kinda wish more people were aware of the nature of both the D-day campaigns and the ones in the pacific, there seems to be a push to either not mention what was done there, or historically understand what was done there, and even a bit of animosity anytime you bring up the Pacific due to the revisionist thinking towards Hiroshima and Nagasaki. What these guys did at the time they were asked to do it was brutal, and what they endured, or lost their lives to was horrific, not a single American not involved directly with those struggles could every really understand what they do/did and not just Americans but the entire world owes those guys a great deal of honor and respect for what was given so that we wouldn’t ever have to understand it. I understand im a day late to this discussion, but i wasnt able to do much posting yesterday,a dn i just wanted to say in remembrance of those men and women, i personally will make it my responsibility to at last continue that remembrance and honor through my generation and hopefully my children’s by what i pass on to them.

sorry that should have read what these guys experience at the time they were asked to storm those beaches, was brutal

Great comment……Home of the Brave and Land of the Free. Truthfully am glad was never called on to do the same, but also would like to think I would have if called on. Will never know about that though.

Sounds like Tunsil is starting to mentor Harris just like Albert did him.
    ——————-
    “It’s been competitive. Tunsil is a great player, a great tackle. It’s fun, because I remember the first time I went against him he actually gave me a message and told me what to do. It’s the first day of OTAs. I think he reached blocked me and he said, ‘You have to buckle and set the edge basically.’ In my mind, I was appreciative.”

110. naplesfan2010 says:

I love Gase being our HC for his very quick change of the mentality that we can come back from a deficit and that we can find a way to win close games and for the removal of slack dogs from the roster. But this year i would like to see two things. Those are: more strategic game planning to exploit specific weaknesses of the opponent and to maximize our specific strengths. For a very superficial example, we got zero on offense from the little guy. Maybe he just isn’t good enough to play in the NFL, but we need to know this ASAP, so we don’t keep a roster spot open for him if he can’t contribute … even if he only gets 2-3 touches a game in a broken field design, then maybe his speed will get us a score every 2-3 games and that would be huge.

On the flip side, we should always know who their worst OL, DL, DB etc is and “pick on” that guy like bellycheat does. Saban does that with Alabama. It could be an injured guy, a slow guy, a second stringer in for an injury, or a rookie. Just find that guy and run plays at him till he proves he can hold up. That is brutal, but probably their 11th best guy can give us a turnover or let in a score and that could be the difference in the game.

New Blog up!