Injuries plague Dolphins, Gase will have team ready to play

121116-spt-dolphins-ae-023

0803_Top5_Larsen

Miami Dolphins vs Atlanta Falcons pre-season game

637330870

Ryan Tannehill, Ted Larsen, Raekwon McMillan, and now Tony Lippett.  That’s not even counting Koa Misi, who couldn’t pass his physical due to his neck injury.  The roster is being robbed of talent, there is no question about it.  The bright side?  The Dolphins have been, and will continue to address the issue responsibly.

Ryan Tannehill went down, they immediately signed Jay Cutler.  They signed an NFL starting QB who knows the verbiage Adam Gase uses in his offense, and he will very quickly be up to speed.  Gase trusts Cutler, and Cutler trusts Gase.  It was a smart move, and one that doesn’t saddle the team past this season, but ensures we can remain competitive, with Cutler as the starter, and Moore backing him up.

OG Ted Larsen will NOT be out for the season, he was put on IR with the opportunity to return after week 8.  With a torn biceps muscle, he should be able to make it back for the 2nd half of the season, but there are a few candidates who would like to not only temporarily hold the spot for Larsen, but keep it, so how this plays out, remains to be seen.  Veterans Kraig Urbik, Anthony Steen and rookie Isaac Asiata will all be battling in the preseason to take the job.

Raekwon McMillan’s season with all the promise in the world, as the rookie was digesting the defense and proving to be worthy of starting MLB was cut short way too early on Miami’s first punt of the day on special teams.  An awkward collision with teammate Deon Lacey resulted in a torn ACL for the rookie standout.  As of now, Mike Hull resides as the next man up, but the Dolphins are looking at other players as well, and brought in long time Bengals fireplug MLB Rey Maualuga.  Unless Rey is signed, I would think that search will continue, until a veteran player is signed.  Taking care of business.

Yesterday, a freak injury to CB Tony Lippett, who showed tons of growth last season.  Lippett, a WR who was converted to a CB led the team with 4 INT’s, and proved he could make the change, and also showed a penchant for being around the ball, and tracking it well in the air.  All he did was jump up, come down a little off, and voila!, a torn achilles tendon.  It’s such a shame, but Adam Gase said before the draft, you can never have enough cornerbacks.  That thinking has proven sage as our depth there may be stout enough to continue on as is, especially after the wise pickup of former TB Bucs CB Alterraun (All-Terrain) Verner.  Maxwell, Howard, Verner, McCain, Tankersley, Pitts, Lucas and Aikens gives us pretty solid depth there.

What am I trying to say here?  Gase and company are ON IT!  They’re not throwing pity parties and lamenting what could have been, they’re addressing each and every pitfall, and keeping this team competitive, and that’s that!  Unfortunately, there will be more injuries, but hopefully no more season ending injuries.  I have complete faith that Gase will continue to do whatever he has to do to ensure we can win.  It feels so good to be able to actually believe that and feel confident enough to say that.

As Ron Burgundy would say . . .   “Stay healthy Miami”

702 Responses to Injuries plague Dolphins, Gase will have team ready to play

1. ElephantRider says:

Matthews is hurt alot. Landry is the heart and soul of the offense. I know one day it’ll be plug and play, but it isnt here yet.

OL and LB are issues. You can add QB to that list. Cutler is not the savior. He’s a laughingstock for a reason. There is alot that needs to be done, but losing Landry, a proven playmaking force, better address alot of it.

• He only missed 2 games in his 3 seasons in Philly and was more of a scoring threat than Landry and was a key part of their scoring offense but Philly felt they needed help at db and went for it.
      We’ve got a lot of weapons on offense which lessens the importance of Landry in the overall scheme of things. People may not like Cutler now but defenses aren’t going to be able to stack 8 in the box against Ajayi this season because, if they do, we will make them pay.
      This team needs to quit the shit with the guys they’ve got hanging around like Misi and Young and plug these holes and get us to the next level.

2. R.I.P. to a comedy pioneer/genius and a generous man. Nobody did it better:

Prof Lou,

What’s up with your Twitter, dude? Are you back on yet?

4. naplesfan2010 says:

So Lou are;you saying that we are gonna trade Landry for Jordan Hicks?
    Because he is their super-star, but he is the only MLB they have who is worth a shit.
    I doubt they would let him go for a slot WR with one year to go on his contract.
    He’s had 7 INTs in 2 years so far, so I guess he would be worth trading Jarvis for that.
    We could play Caroo in his role instead.

I don’t think we’re trading Landry and if we do it will involve a 1st rd pick.

• We’re NEVER getting a 1st rd pick for Landry. Never.

Then we’re not trading him. I would never trade him for just some position player we need. Can we pay that guy?

• He ain’t gonna be here next year.

• Tim,
        when this team is moving the ball down the field more consistently by targeting Parker and Stills and the TE’s & RB’s more and doing it without targeting Landry as much and without Tannehill at qb, two things are gonna happen.
        One, they’re going to figure out that Tannehill really didn’t make all that much of a difference to the offense and isn’t a key piece necessary to move forward and neither is Landry, for that matter.
        Landry puts up yards but it’s off pure numbers. If he’s not targeted as much the yards won’t be there. And then what? He doesn’t score points. So how valuable is he to the team then? The other thing that stands out is the fact that the less he’s targeted the more of a chance we’ve got to win games. The more he’s targeted, the more we lose.
        I’m sorry but I just don’t see him as part of our future plans.

• As fans, we overvalue our guys. Landry is a decent player but he’s not a superstar by and stretch. Guys who score points have more value than guys who get a lot of catches off pure volume and everyone knows that.
      That Saints traded Cooks to the Pats for a late 1st rd pick. What would Landry fetch in that regard? Not going to happen. The unfortunate truth is we wouldn’t get any more than the 2nd we used to get him.

He’s better than decent. His number has to come down.

• Better than decent? Based on what? Seriously? I think people see him make a play and get up all fired up and let their emotions run wild.
        Got to remove the emotion from the evaluation. He’s a good player but this team or this team’s offense doesn’t live or die because of Landry. In fact, it’s the exact opposite.

6. naplesfan2010 says:

Or
    CJ Mosley has 6 INTs.
    We could try to pry him loose from Baltimore. But they need a QB not a WR. And our guy’s hurt too.

7. naplesfan2010 says:

Or how about Eric Kendricks with 6.5 sacks from Minnesota. They’ve got Stefon Diggs and Michael Floyd but are a bit thin after that.

8. naplesfan2010 says:

Or how about Buffalo?
    Anquan just retired so they really need a slot / possession guy and they have both Presto n Brown and Reggie Ragland at ILB and they seem to be in “suck for luck” mode as well.

9. naplesfan2010 says:

Hey I know. What about getting Brandon Marshall. Not that one. The ILB @ Denver.
    They need a 3rd guy on the inside to work with Demaryus and Emmanuel on the outside.
    Marshall is a big thumper.

Guys,

Unless Jay Cutler KILLS it this season (and it’s possible), Tannehill is our default starter in ’18 (barring any kind of setback, of course).

Premature talk of this or that (especially Landry) is, well… premature. I can entertain “if’s, and’s, or but’s” (see my thoughts on IF Jordan Phillips shits the bed THIS year, for example), but there’s NO WAY that we’ve already designated Landry in the HERE and NOW for a trade without knowing how it all plays out this year. For all we know, Landry just might become Cutler’s (as it is with Tannehill) favorite receiver.

Patience!!!

I see the Tannehille hate club is back. Landry ain’t going anywhere. You heard it here second (Tim was first).

12. naplesfan2010 says:

Only other guy I can think of we’d want and only if we think his injuries are behind him is NaVorro Bowman. SF could use Landry for sure.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    August 20, 2017 at 9:41 pm
    ————
    Jarvis Landry holds the all-time NFL record (T- with OBJ) for most receptions EVER in his first 3 seasons. No, Jarvis doesn’t have the TDs to match OBJ, but one cannot dismiss this VERY better than decent stat. We’re not talking about a frivolous stat, here… it’s very PROLIFIC!

• Again, it’s based on pure volume and it’s because of the qb he plays with. If you target another wr as much as you do Landry he’s not going to make those catches. It’s what they get paid to do.

• What if you can have a guy who gets less catches and gains more yds and scores more td’s? Do you still care about the catch record? I can care less about records except for the record the team has at the end of the season.
      Tannehill had the consecutive completion record. Who gives a shit? We sucked.

14. Here’s my prediction. We see enough from our young wr’s, Carroo, Grant & the kid from the U, Landry is probably as good as gone if we can get a guy we need either on the OL or at the LB position and that’s despite signing Maualuga. Misi can be cut and Rey didn’t play a lot in Cincy last year so he could be a reserve and he’s not getting paid much so there’s that.
    If I’m wrong, so be it, but I can’t see this team with this brass sit pat with what we’ve got going into this season and with so much on the line. We’ve got a lot of good, young talent and we could end up making a huge run up to the playoffs and maybe make some noise there or we could belly flop.

pheloniusphish says:
    August 20, 2017 at 9:50 pm
    ——–
    Oh yeah?!! LOL 😉

• When people see the difference in the way this offense moves the ball this year they’re not going to care if Tannehill is still a member of the team.
      As far as Landry is concerned, if our young guys like Carroo, Grant and the kid from the U show enough we’re moving on from him. His production can be replaced.

16. naplesfan2010 says:

I mean I’d love to get Robert Quinn off the Rams. He grew up right next door to my grandfather’s farm. Or Alec Ogletree. But i doubt the Rams are trading either of their 2 biggest stars. They could use a guy like Landry though as a safety valve for Goff like he was for Tannehill.
    Course they did just get Sammy and that guy Kupper Coop. So maybe we missed our chance to unload Jarvis.

Why are we talking about Tannehill? I’m focused on the 2017 season. Landry will play for us this year. Okay I said it. LOL

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    August 20, 2017 at 10:08 pm
    Tannehill had the consecutive completion record. Who gives a shit? We sucked.
    ———
    I understand what you’re getting at… I do. But I also think you underestimate what Tannehill did last year.

Okay here’s my 53 man at this time based on what I’ve seen and heard.

Offense:

S/CB Walt Aikens
    *S T.J. McDonald game 9

Special Teams:
    K Andrew Franks
    P Matt Darr
    LS John Denney

You’re all crazy on the O-Line compared to the rest of the positions/names, Bro. So how many do you think we keep there?

• naplesfan2010 says:

Aikens is on the bubble for Hendy. McCain might be replaced by Pitts.
      If both Aikens and Lucas are cut, our STs might suffer and we saw how ugly that was last game.
      Young might’ve lost his spot to some guy who gets cut the last day.
      Still, I think you’ve nailed it pretty much.

Thanks! Not saying it’s perfect or 100%. We might be a team that makes a few end roster moves after cuts. I’m just trying to see how it might shape up.

Ted Larsen also possibly coming back in weeks 9.

August 20, 2017 at 10:27 pm
    9, I did more of a depth chart with the OL than other positions. Some guys are going to have to be versatile.
    ———-
    I LIKE (POSITIONAL VERSATILE!). Still… I think we’re going to have to carry 10. JMO, all but KNOWING that we’re going to have injuries.

IMO? I think we’re going to nab somebody on the cutdowns to final 53s. We’ll see. We can no longer afford a FA O-Lineman, and that’s my angle.

Maybe. Not sure I see a 10th OL who is worthy that we can’t pick up off the scrap heap. Most teams – meaning about 99% only dress 7 OL for the game so not sure keeping 10 makes much sense. We could this year and did last year dress 9-10 DL. Extra RBs and LBs for STs.

We have what we have and that’s all we will be!

No matter what the fan base wants!

Now go ahead and bitch like you can fix shit!!!!!

🙂

M13, did David give up on his blog?

Naples, for Lucas to make the team he has to jump Thomas or Verner. Aikens is an Ace STs guy with size and speed to play both corner and safety. I think he makes the team because of that.

Lucas is RIGHT on the bubble, IMO. These next two preseason games are going to define him as to whether he makes our 53-man roster.

Tank has to fill Lippett’s role. Lucas will battle Thomas, Verner and Aikens. McDonald being in the picture the 2nd half is a monkey wrench.

25. ElephantRider says:

Discount stats. Talk stats. Stats shmats.

Landry makes dynamic plays. That’s proven. What other WR on this team has? It’s all wait and see. Watch this guy this year is always the talk …… I’m putting stock in guys who have the tape already. Consistently putting it on tape.

I’d like to see what Landry does this year too, but otherwise I agree with Lou on him and RT.

• It is a solid, known FACT, however, the more Landry is targeted the more the team loses. The less targets and the better the record. To me, that says defenses and defensive coordinators WANT us to target Landry more with the short, underneath stuff rather than push it down the field.
      They know when we target him it’s going to be a lot of the short passes, especially those short of the 1st on 3rd down to try and let him get the 1st.
      Now, maybe that’s a shortcoming of the offense or the qb or both but targeting Landry as much as we do doesn’t win games for us.

26. ElephantRider says:

Gase didn’t look for another QB this off-season. Just sayin

Ah shit! Zombie Dragon!

• Brian in NY says:

Yup. You saw that one coming though. I can’t believe there are only 7 episodes this season and this Sunday is the finale.

Why don’t we try to get Aaron Donald for Landry while we are at it?

I have had this increasing feeling that as the season goes on, it will become more and more unlikely that we re-sign Landry in the offseason. Landry compares favorably to Julian Edelman. Do you know what he is making? $7 million- for the next three years, total! Granted, he is 31, but his production is there year after year, similar to Landry. There is no way we pay him $15 million, and quite honestly, we shouldn’t even pay him more than $10 million. Parker is up after next season, and we just paid Stills $8 million per. If Gase’s offense starts performing the way it should, then we shouldn’t have to pay our top three receivers $30 million per season. I love Landry (I have his jersey) but you can’t pay everyone what they want. He’s a slot receiver, and if Gase is successful, then we should be able to find one that performs well in this offense in the near future. I understand his value to the team, believe me I do, but those receivers can be found. I’m not saying his replacement’s numbers would equal his, but they don’t need to if this offense functions the way it’s intended to.

Here is the current Depth chart on our Wide Receivers (6): DeVante Parker, Kenny Stills, Jarvis Landry, Leonte Carroo, Jakeem Grant, Damore’ea Stringfellow.

what happened to the wr usura not sure how to spell his name but i don’t see him on the roster?

Francis Owusu? I don’t see him listed on the roster, but I don’t recall seeing him cut either.

I did find this . . .

News

Owusu (undisclosed) agreed to an injury settlement with the Dolphins.

Impact

Owusu found himself on injured reserve after suffering an undisclosed injury this week. However, by reaching an injury settlement, he’s been freed from IR and is now eligible to sign elsewhere.

• Brian in NY says:

He was released the other day.

I still think we’ll sign Landry. As long as he carries himself well this year, and there are no grumblings, he’s going to get paid, and although we all think he’s going to want $14M, I think it will be quite a bit less, probably around $10-11M per year. If he plays like has the past 3 years, it’s crazy NOT to sign him.

• Brian in NY says:

Yes, like I said above, $10 million seems to be a realistic number, but if he wants more than that, I think we may be seeing the last of him. He is very valuable to this team, but at some point you just have to tap out.

I think String is going to make the team as the 6th WR

I’m so glad the eclipse will be over today. People have been calling my store relentlessly asking if we sold glasses for the eclipse for about 2 weeks. It was getting silly. We didn’t, and won’t. I told people to be very very careful with the glasses they do buy, and not to stare directly into the sun during the eclipse, they can cause permanent damage to their retinas, which would result in PERMANENT vision loss. Be careful!

In all seriousness Mike, is it okay to be outside with the kids during this eclipse? All these articles have got me freaked out!

I bet you can use acetylene torch goggles,

The idea that we will lose Landry or Phillips is crazy talk. You don’t let talented players about to hit their prime walk away. You let players coming out of their prime looking to get paid as if they were still in their prime walk away.

• pheloniusphish says:

Exactly. Landry moves the chains. He may not be a red zone threat but he gets the team in position for the red zone threats to have a chance. Phillips may never be consistent, but he will make good rotational player. Of the two, I can see Phillips getting traded, but probably not because he’s worth more in the rotation than they could get in trade.

All depends on the price though. This team likes to keep it’s own but not like we matched what the Bills offered Sims either. Would have said a no-brainer Landry stayed if we hadn’t kept Stills, but we did.

Omar Kelly‏
    Kenyan Drake just had another nice run. Fresh legs?
    Omar Kelly‏
    Eagles just scored two straight touchdowns during 7-on-7 Red zone on two throws. Both featured backup LBers being exploited.

From Schad:
    • Nate Allen (groin) is practicing.
    • Kraig Urbik (knee) and Walt Aikens (back) not practicing.
    • Kenyan Drake practicing but still in concussion protocol.
    • Leonte Carroo (hamstring) is dressed for practice.
    • Jakeem Grant (foot/Achilles) dressed for practice.
    • Mike Pouncey participated in some team drills and some individual drills.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 8m8 minutes ago
    Cutler slings into the middle of the field for a Leonte Carroo reception. You could hear football sounding like it punched Carroo’s chest

Omar Kelly‏
    Jay Cutler slides to the left during red zone drills, buys like 5 seconds and then finds Jarvis Landry in end zone for a TD.

I hope our defense plays better tomorrow and on Thursday. It seems like they didn’t show up today.

Wait…Landry doesn’t score TD’s!

Jason Lieser‏Verified account @JasonLieser 54s54 seconds ago
    Dolphins’ G/C Kraig Urbik, a potential starter, has a knee injury and is likely to miss the season opener.

Jason Lieser‏Verified account @JasonLieser 11s12 seconds ago
    Adam Gase says the candidates at left guard are any and all warm bodies.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 1m1 minute ago
    Adam Gase dismisses idea of bringing back Branden Albert as a guard.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 2m2 minutes ago
    Gase says there is a “zero percent chance” Rey Maualuga plays Thursday.

47. ElephantRider says:

Snakebitten

INDEED. And the venom is close to reaching the heart… and we haven’t even played a single regular season game… 😦

This year’s Dolphins slogan

Zero in, with anyone healthy

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 22s23 seconds ago
    New. Miami Dolphins lose another guard to knee injury; update on Rey Maualuga

At this rate losing guys for a couple of games feels like a blessing

I say to myself “oh good, he won’t be injured in week 1 bc he’s out with an injury”

Unbelievable the injuries we have had. It just sucks we come out of the gates with such a handicap

This eclipse ROCKS!!!

Am sure it is different in the black out zone, but can tell you what happens at the height of the glimpse here where they said would have 67% coverage. Darker than the cloud coverage says it should be and when you look up……..you can catch sorta a sun crescent moon thing going on.

Brian, did you use your goggles from your welding shop? LOL

• Brian in NY says:

Haha! Funny, I had to go to the optometrist this AM after that for a contact fitting, and we were talking about the eclipse. She says ” I see all these people on social media saying they are going to use welding masks to look at it, and they Are going to damage their eyes!”

56. jetsssuck says:

lots of birds dropping from the skies maybe they forgot not to look into sun

Brian in NY says:
    August 21, 2017 at 3:09 pm
    Wear your eclipse glasses!
    ———
    Oh, NOW ya tell me! I can’t see ANYTHING now! JK/LOL
    😀

Was watching the eclipse from our dock in NC while fishing, when this dude Icarus fell from the sky proclaiming the whole sky was falling and there was no way Tannehill or Landry were back next year. I think the dude spent too much time staring at the sun.

I put 4 sets of dark sun glasses together and saw it just fine

So I couldn’t see the eclipse and now I can’t see anything.

I’m genuinely intrigued by how SO many people wanted to ‘eyewitness’ the literal and physical eclipse. It’s as though THAT was the main attraction… to physically EYEBALL the moon passing in front of the sun.

Maybe I’ve grown into Lt. Commander Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation… but for me, it was all about nature, reaction, and the element we live in, here on Earth.

As such, I found the experience to be… fascinating.

You were way out of the zone though. One of my buddies traveled to the full dark in South Carolina where you get to see the stars for a few minutes.

Anyone turn zombie yet?

63. jetsssuck says:

just why do they call it a eclipse and not to look into sun. We all looked into the sun at full strength before….

This is what NOBODY will explain to anyone: the eclipse is a 2-hour event. If we’re to try to focus our eyes on the 2-hour event, the Sun will destroy our eyes what with overexposure.

Not to mention… if we stare at the Sun for any prolonged amount of time, our eyes will get fried. And I don’t even know how anyone can look at the Sun for more than short seconds at a time.

• jetsssuck says:

it only lasted for 2-3 minutes down here

August 21, 2017 at 4:10 pm
    ———-
    Cool! But what does that have to do with anything? I got 75% coverage and saw INTRIGUING things here on Earth.

I guess peeps love to see with their own eyes in order to believe the Heavens above us… something ordinary people never do. To me, this was just another celestial event that I’ve witnessed before.

August 21, 2017 at 3:57 pm
    Anyone turn zombie yet?

I thought Tormund Giantsbane was a gonner there for a minute until the Hound saved him. Then I thought Jon Snow was a gonner but somehow we was able to swim to the surface in full armor and pull himself out onto the ice with the help of his sword which was conveniently in the right place for him to reach……

Only a zombie dragon so far.

Boy last night I was like “Daenerys, that is your freaking nephew! stop giving him google eyes!”

Fucker wound up bending the knee….

67. jetsssuck says:

what would really interesting is checking the hourly temp drops against the time that eciplse happened. What’s the time difference to drop a couple of degrees…..

68. naplesfan2010 says:

1. Denver 7 players out for year
    2. Jets 6 players
    3. Houston 5
    4. Indy 5
    5. NO 5
    6. Giants 5
    7. Oakland 5
    8. SF 6
    not to mention the Ravens and the Chargers. I’ve lost count on those teams.

So where does the Night King go out and get 2000 feet of heavy duty chain at 5PM in the middle of nowhere? Huh? Huh?

“There was never a week that went by that I didn’t think about playing football. Did I make the right decision? Did I not make the right decision? I think that’s kind of in life, there’s always situations that come up that you’re not for sure which direction to go, you just have to pick one and roll with it I was just lucky enough that something like this happened for me.”

Cutler at least seems like he feels he is lucky to be with us.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
    The #Colts are signing FA CB Chris Culliver, source said. Most recently, he was with the #Dolphins, fills a need in Indy.

WHY ARE THE DOLPHINS HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING SEASON TICKET HOLDERS??
    Here’s one of many reasons.
    PARKING PASSES:
    For the second time in the last 4 years, the ticket office can’t tell me what happened to my parking passes. Nor can they tell me when I’ll receive them. In fact, they admitted they have no idea where they are.
    Now consider the FiNS HAVE ALREADY PLAYED TWO HOME EXHIBITION GAMES!! And the passes I paid for IN JANUARY have yet to reach me as of late August!! Meanwhile my ticket man is going to take part of tomorrow off “for family reasons.” And he’s NOT going to help me until maybe Wednesday at the earliest.
    ———-
    And you wonder why so many people are pissed off at Steve Ross’s ticket department??–of the 9 of us who went as a group to Dolphin games last season, I am THE ONLY one who renewed!!–lORD KNOWS if, OR when, i’LL GET WHAT I PAID FOR 8 MONTHS AGO.

• ocalarob says:

File small claims with the Dade County Clerk of Courts

That’s tough considering I live over 300 miles from Miami. However, if I continue to get stonewalled by the ticket office, I may take a day off and make a “personal appearance” at the ticket office. If that doesn’t work, a trip to small claims court may be next.

• pheloniusphish says:

Wow…I got my parking passes right away.

OD — long as they get your passes before the home opener you are set to go……but know why you are unhappy you have to get to make that happen.

Stanger – Visiting the in-laws.

So they are not your friends…lol (but that was bad), was wondering why you ended up there than the normal outerbanks for VA folks. But in-laws says it all on both fronts. 🙂

Know there is one game you can’t hit this year, but OD hits all of them more or less and me most of them. Would be great to meet up with you both at the Fest and for other times when you are down. even if just the night before.

• pheloniusphish says:

That would be cool. I will generally stay with my brother in Jupiter and we can always hook up for a brew at he game.

Awesome…..lets set it up. Know you were talking Key West before, but am right on the way to the stadium from Jupiter. Know you said one game you couldn’t hit (still hoping it was not the Fest….but let me know if so), but OD and I will be there for the home opener. Would be great to meet you.

August 21, 2017 at 5:22 pm

My wife got confused last night, she thought Jon proposed to Daenerys. lol

LOL! Well, he bent the knee………….

August 21, 2017 at 5:36 pm

HAH! I thought the same thing. the links were like 3″ thick each and there was like you said 1000’s of feet of it.

Go Phins!!!!

Stanger – Unfortunately, it is the fest. I’ll be on my way to Idaho.. Opening day works. I’ll be flying in on Saturday, staying in Jupiter.

Rationalizing GOT. Anything can happen in that show. LOL

OUCH!

I thought this sort of stuff was illegal and no longer part of the game which I agree with? Tackle the fucking guy, you have to cut him down like that? Bush league stuff right there. This is the sort of stuff that puts guys out for the year or threatens their career. Stop!!!

Geno Smith is terrible. The coach had that “you’re cut” look as he shook his head in disgust over that horrible pick.

81. ElephantRider says:

I’m actually encouraged to hear how soft the D has looked in the joint practice. I remember the Panthers practices and getting pumped about how dominant the D looked there……..

82. ukfinfan says:

mf13ss says:
    August 21, 2017 at 3:50 pm
    As such, I found the experience to be… fascinating.

The alternative version of the eclipse

Happy Birthday to Mike E. Have a great day my friend and thank you for everything you do here.
    👍🍻🐬😀💪🇺🇸🏈🎉

Mike E. is having another Birthday? Damn he’s old. Happy Birthday Mike E.😊1

Happy Birthday Mike! I hope that you have a really nice day; you are a great person and truly deserve it.

86. jetsssuck says:

yesterday’s ecilpse bought zero change in temp while eciplse happened. I found out we dipped to a low 79 degrees yesterday so this must mean winter is around the corner.

naplesfan2010 says:
    August 21, 2017 at 5:28 pm
    1. Denver 7 players out for year
    2. Jets 6 players
    3. Houston 5
    4. Indy 5
    5. NO 5
    6. Giants 5
    7. Oakland 5
    8. SF 6
    not to mention the Ravens and the Chargers. I’ve lost count on those teams.
    August 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
    seems like injuries just pile up the last few years all around the NFL
    Many feel the new CBA with the lack of practice time and reduction in full contact practices are causing this increase in injuries during training camp and the preseason.

August 21, 2017 at 5:36 pm
    I found the scene where Jamie and Bronn swim a mile across a river while wearing full battle armor even less plausible.

Yeah, plenty of unbelievable feats. Jon Snow also swam out of the ice water and somehow managed to climb out and walk with all that heavy stuff on he was wearing.

Neither of us have any problems with the fire breathing dragons though. lol

Soon there will be an ice breathing dragon.

• Brian in NY says:

Yeah, that’s going to even the score a bit when they go to battle.

I thought that was crazy too Brian

Did no one notice them go into a lake?
      What do they think happens when people fall in a body of water?

It was even worse that they had a big execution ceremony with the starlets and completely forgot about Jamie Lannister who disappeared into a lake…WTF!

• Brian in NY says:

Yeah, they sunk in the armor inn what looked like a lake, and then Bronn called it a river in the beginning of the next episode.

🎂🍺😛Happy Birthday Mike E.😛🍺🎂

I’m so old, I’m the Three Eyed Dolphin. FUCK the Ravens!

91. Phindog says:

Happy Birthday Mike E !!

happy b day mike. I hope you have a great day and a great year.

I know its only practice but i hope our defense has a better showing today and thursday. I think our depth on defense is very suspect especially the front 7

Happy B-Day Mike E

Omar Kelly‏
    Half field 7-on-7s and Jay Cutler just connected on a deep pass to Julius Thomas and then Kenny Stills.

96. ukfinfan says:

Happy Birthday YOUNG Mike E

I really think verner will make the team and have a good year.

Omar Kelly‏
    Alterraun Verner just pulled down an interception during half field 7-on-7s.

Not only was Ross right….but he struck fast.
    ———————-
    Philadelphia was the first team to interview Gase. It is very likely he would have taken the job if the Eagles had offered it.

“It was (the Eagles) and then I had three other interviews by the end of the week,” Gase said on Monday. The Eagles were still in the interview process and I got offered the job (with the Dolphins).”

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I like phillies coach as well. They went with him because of familiarity I think. He used to coach there with Reid. I think both the phins and philly did well with their coaches.

mike,
    I think he’s gonna be on the outside mostly as a 3rd CB. Mccain, Aikens and thomas will man the nickle spot IMO.

cutler on fire. That’s 2 TDs to thomas today. Sweet!

Omar Kelly‏
    Cutler bullets in a red zone TD pass to Julius Thomas from the 10.

Time to learn more about Jesse Davis. Plays both G and T and according to Leiser “is in the mix to be an opening day starter at left guard for Miami.”
    —————————————

“He’s done a good job of finding a way to get better every day, and I’ve really been impressed,” Gase said. “He’s had to play a lot of snaps already, and to see – I think in both (preseason games) he might have played almost the entire game. He’s getting a lot of experience there.”

Davis, 6-foot-6, 309 pounds, went undrafted out of Idaho in 2015 and landed with the Seahawks. They kept him until the final week of the preseason, and he went unsigned until the Jets picked him up in January. He made it deep into the preseason with them as well, then was waived in late August..

“We got in pads and there was no fall-off,” Gase said. “Sometimes when you go from the whole offseason to training camp, there can be a change, and there hasn’t been. It’s really been an improvement. I think when you’ve got a guy that works as hard as he does, he’s trying to find ways to get better. He’s got a legitimate shot.”

Happy Birthday Mike!

Omar Kelly
    Jay Cutler connects with Anthony Fasano for a 20-yard touchdown. Sharp day for Cutler.
    Omar Kelly‏
    Kenny Still and Jay Cutler connect on a 40-yard touchdown catch. Great throw.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 44s45 seconds ago
    Mike Puncey is starting Thursday nite per Adam Gase.

Mike E : Hope the wife has a Flame thrower to light yer candles.. Have a great one…

106. Jahndoh30 says:

ok, I had to skip this entire page with all the GOT spoilers! I’m way behind, haven’t even watched any of this season yet! Go Fins!

Pro Lou….at it again eh? LOL….

107. Jahndoh30 says:

Happy B-day Mike E!!!

— Rookie cornerback Cordrea Tankersley left practice with an unspecified injury.

— Jay Cutler hit DeVante Parker and Julius Thomas for touchdowns in red zone work.

— Cutler is showing a connection with Thomas for the second day in a row.

— Cutler hit DeVante Parker on a 40-yard touchdown pass. Parker beat two DBs on the play.

— Kenny Stills got over the top of the defense, and Cutler hit him perfectly in stride for a 40-yard touchdown.

— Mike Pouncey is sitting out for rest, but remains in play for Thursday’s game against the Eagles.

— Without Pouncey, the Dolphins are using a starting offensive line of Laremy Tunsil at left tackle, Jesse Davis at left guard, Anthony Steen at center, right guard Jermon Bushrod and James at right tackle.

— Rey Maualuga is not practicing and won’t work until he gets back to South Florida.

— DB Walt Aikens, LB Neville Hewitt, TE Chris Pantale, OL Kraig Urbik and LB Brandon Watts are out with injuries.

Happy Birthday Mike E!

BTW, how do you know it’s your birthday? Did they even have calendars back then?

Happy B-Day, Miguel de la E! Enjoy yourself and best wishes for a great year!

“Fairfield Uses 8-Run Outburst To Beat Washington, Stay Alive In Little League World Series” is the headline. Ken and I are loving it, but Son most of all…..he’s from Fairfield.
    ——————–

“The chants started near the top of the first-base grandstand and rippled forward. It was a Connecticut takeover in the birthplace of Little League baseball, and it sprung from almost nowhere.”We are..C-T! We are…C-T! We are…C-T!”

This is what a Fairfield American comeback sounds like at the Little League World Series. Fairfield American is now one of the final four American teams remaining.”

Gil Bra 🐐dt‏Verified account @Gil_Brandt 1m1 minute ago
    Happy Birthday to my good friend Bill Parcells. Drafted in 7th round of 1964 draft, Pick No. 89, one ahead of where I drafted Bob Hayes.
    ————
    Mike E and the Tuna with a shared B-Day!

I love to hear this:
    Alain Poupart @apoupartFins
    Xavien Howard with great coverage on Alshon Jeffery on back-to-back plays in the red zone. Kid is playing terrific football.

What I don’t want to hear is this:
    Xavien Howard had to be helped off the field with an apparent injury….

Anyone interested in FU Fantasy League drop me a line at DRP667@hotmail.com.. looking for one more victim..

Schad on what Gase said today.

• Charles Harris is under pressure. He can’t get frustrated by lack of sacks. It has to be hurries. Sacks are less important than pressure.
    • T.J. McDonald is one big man. He has no regard for his body.
    • Davon Godchaux is the starter on a day by day basis. Godchaux has had more better days than Jordan Phillips.
    • Kenny Stills and Jay Cutler spending extra time off the field and it showed here in Philly.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 3m3 minutes ago
    New. Mike Pouncey starts Thursday, defense struggles, other Dolphins notes from Philly

Did you guys see the instagram photo Browns RB Isaiah Crowell posted? I don’t even want to post it but Google it.

Okay, it was last year and he did apologize and donated a game check to law enforcement. It was just a really dumb thing to do.

Is our game on Thursday again this week, or Saturday?

Seems like Godchaux Is bizarro Jordan Phillips…..or maybe a huge version of Mini-Me.
    ——————
    “He just wants me to be a guy who plays like him and plays fast. He dominates every play. That’s how I want to be.”

Q — Even when his advice comes harshly?

“I just learn from him. Anything he tells me, I listen. He’s been to the Pro Bowl a lot of times, he’s been all-pro. Just learning from a guy like that, you can’t go wrong listening to him no matter how he talks to you. I’m following his lead.”

120. jetsssuck says:

this week is the heaviest week for player trades but with only 1 cut does it change?

Happy birthday Mike E

The 13 baktun cycle of the Maya Long Count calendar measures 1,872,000 days or 5,125.366 tropical years. This is one of the longest cycles found in the Maya calendar system.

Mike measures his birthday by Baktun cycle. It’s like dog years but they are Mike years.

It is funny how we bust Mike E’s balls about being old, but he is nowhere near the oldest one of us and he looks younger than he is.

Mike E”s age is not a mystery, but why he looks like he does now is. Especially when you add in what he looked like in middle school.

124. jetsssuck says:

Happy birthday Mikey—Well what happened other that famous event of you being born that day….
    August 22, 1964? —– https://mybirthday.ninja/?m=August&d=22&y=1964&go=Go#axzz4qWHDLHwZ
    August 22,1963——https://mybirthday.ninja/?m=August&d=22&y=1963&go=Go#axzz4qWHDLHwZ
    August 22, 1962?—–https://mybirthday.ninja/?m=August&d=22&y=1962&go=Go#axzz4qWHDLHwZ

Thanks jetssuck, I was around for most of those

• jetsssuck says:

now u are confusing me “most of those” which one were you not born yet, so we can play this game. Godchaux a relative of his maybe was born on same day

My dad always told me his birthday was a bad day in history, he was born April 14th. Lincoln was shot, the Titanic hit an iceberg

• jetsssuck says:

your dad was old—-u have good genes so u should live over 100 yrs like your dad

Mike E also shares a birthday with my Mama. Different years of course. ;).

For Sale: One Pair Eclipse Glasses, only used once

“The Cavaliers and Celtics have agreed on a deal that would send Kyrie Irving to Boston in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and the Nets’ unprotected 2018 first-round pick, reports ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.”

Know this is a football board, but that is huge.

Did the Knicks trade Carmelo Anthony yet?

Trevor Riley, Chase Allen these guys suck, they look lost, tiddly winks style of tackling.

ESPN pulled an Asian announcer from an upcoming football game who’s name is Robert Lee. Are you fucking kidding me?

Nothing surprises me any more. What the swamp or sewer in DC has done to this country is really sad. Lifetime politicians and people will keep voting them in, or they’re rigging the system.

Davis played much of his career at Idaho as a defensive lineman and has taken most of his NFL snaps at tackle.
    I know it is probably hype and hope, but it will be cool as shit if he can pull off taking the starting position at guard and play at a high level. Cool for him, cool for the team and cool for us because we would finally have a coaching staff that can identify and develop players.

132. ElephantRider says:

Happy B-day Mike E…..er it’s now not anymore. Oh well. Hope you had a good one!

GO PHINS

133. When McDonald comes off his suspension we may be better off playing him at LB than anything we’ve got there.

That was a great trade last night for the Celtics and the Cavs. The Celtics get a very good /great G, and the Cavs now have a young nucleus and a high 1st round pick next year, which is as good as insurance as they could have gotten for next year if LeBron leaves and goes to the Knicks ( a guy can dream).

NEW BLOG UP!