We did it!!!

psu_orig

I watched HOF Miami Dolphins Center Dwight Stephenson stroll to the podium.  He looked happy.  I know why he was so happy, but I didn’t know then.  He then uttered the words with the 42nd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State.  When he said Mike, my heart raced, and then he actually said GEH-Sick-ee,  I screamed a a scream of happiness, it’s possible Tim who is about 45 miles away may have heard it.  We did what we haven’t been able to do for over a decade since Randy McMichael, we selected a legitimate receiving TE.  I’m happy for Brian in NY, his son, and really, I’m happy for Ryan Tannehill and all Dolphins fans, because this is a gamechanger. It’s the secret sauce we’ve been missing for far too long.  Gesicki will open up that field for us, because he will be that nightmare that NFL teams struggle most to cover, including our own Dolphins defense.  Just his presence on the field will open things up for our RB’s, and our perimeter WR’s.  He will command attention, and that will give other players opportunities they haven’t had here.  I can’t wait!

usa_today_10374890.0

What about me boss?  In the 3rd RD, The Dolphins selected Ohio State LB Jerome Baker.  Baker who is 6’1 229 is a speed player.  He’s not a run stopping thumper, but he’s a chase and tackle guy who can also cover pretty well.  It will be interesting to see how Baker is used, and not to belabor the point, but where exactly does T.J. McDonald fit in?  Seems we keep adding pieces that lessen the need for T.J. with Minkah Fitzpatrick and now LB Jerome Baker.  The Dallas Cowboys want a safety , and we just happen to have one, and the Cowboys have pick #116 in the 4th RD, so maybe a deal can made.  We could get a DT, RB and maybe a QB, so keep your eye on MTP who has obviously been tied up and must be raring to go, if he’s been untied that is.

So far, we’ve done and excellent job in this draft, and I can’t remember the last time I’ve had the luxury of saying that.  Go DOLPHINS!!

JERSEY STRONG!!!

1,556 Responses to We did it!!!

Smythe was in a pro style offense at ND which will lessen the learning curve on him. He should be a day one starter on offense. Like the famous 5th Beatle he’ll be the 6th lineman.

Gase uses two TEs as well.

It’s funny how our two new TEs are about the same height and weight but yet so different. Might explain why I am about the same height and weight as Minkah….but the phone never rang on draft day. 🙂

April 30, 2018 at 4:44 pm
    “I wanna play til my mid-40s”
    — Tom Brady (no word on whether or not Gisele agrees)

wyoming85 says:
    April 30, 2018 at 5:32 pm
    This morning she told me he couldn’t get it up anymore so she was through with him! 😉

LOL, but she is still more important than you think. He’s one big hit/concussion/injury from her stepping in hard.

I wonder if there will be a lag in production as this team has a lot of new parts that need to gel.

Can’t wait to see the new offense in action

I’m closer to the height and weight of Jakeem Grant, except I’m faster. lol

What I’ve learned from FU today. Durham Smythe will be our starting TE and Frank Gore will be our starting RB, Suh’s Madden rating sucked as a Miami Dolphin

I think Gabe Wright will be a part of our DL rotation

Let’s hope all these 40 times translate to victories.

I learned that Ajayi, Gore, and Ballage are power backs.

and i’ve learned there are a couple of immature posters around here

it’s tough to have a discussion around here, if someone doesn’t like what you’re saying and have no answers to validate their point they turn to insults or to impugn, to cloud the issues.
    then there’s the little rats who take pot shots.

I think i will become a troll like others around here LOL

ORob one thing have gathered over the years is that you can choose who to talk with and who not to. Up to you.

• ocalarob says:

You’re right Stanger, and i have avoided certain posters, and those are the ones taking pot shots,

they’re not even in the convo yet they are trollishly making stupid remarks,

i thought i was starting to build back a rapport with a couple of certain individuals but it has all collapsed again.

I get it though, they’re kids

14. naplesfan2010 says:

We could’ve drafted a QB “to compete with Tannehill” as some say, I understand that thinking, but that would’ve had two negative collateral impacts.

There was no QB this year who was a slam dunk to start though.

So, we would not have gotten either Minkah or Gesicki, and that QB might not have ever beaten out Tannehill, which means that would be a huge net loss. Your first 2 round picks MUST be immediate starters, especially for us for those spots, where we literally had no starting FS or TE.

Last year we got a rotational DE, a *out for the season* LB, and a rook @ CB who missed a bunch of games, and we had no 4th pick at all. I don’t even want to think about Asiata.

Only one draft pick made a significant contribution. This year will be different.

Also a QB controversy is really NOT what this team needs to deal with right now. Not the coaches, the FO, the fans, or the tons of really young players we have. We are coming off a horrendous year for distractions. We need to have the most stable year possible this year to let our talent solidify and let our coaches get their feet on the ground. Let’s hope for a really smooth year.

Next year, if we see that Tannehill was mediocre this year, then yeah, bring in the best QB you can get, trade up, do whatever it takes, because we won’t have so many holes next year.

ORob,

Be yourself, my man. I HEAR ya on your football takes, and I agree with ya on almost ALL of them.

Let’s not make any more of this than what it is. We’re yanking his chain, and he’s a big boy, he can handle it. He does a fair amount of yanking himself. There’s nothing to see here

I think Minkah is going to be ready and very tough to get off the field. He’s got a hell of a work ethic.

Yes Naples, well said

ORob,

Words to live by… from my Uncle Vester… LOL 😉

19. naplesfan2010 says:

Really, after we got Minkah, the draft was a success.
    After we got Gesicki, they could’ve drafted Daffy Duck 6 times, and I would have still been happy with our draft because of #1 and #2.
    But also getting Kalen Ballage is just an amazing quality backup at RB.
    I mean, I think Smythe and Baker will be good for us as well, but we REALLY needed another speedy young RB since Gore is 49 yrs old.

This is an A+ draft.

ORob, sometimes it’s just joking around. We all get our balls busted at times from our comments.

Mike E made a comment one time that was worded in a funny way and it stuck with him. He can’t shake it. LOL

Has ANYONE heard from Ocala Howie fairly recently?

ORob, just saw that there were some crazy sinkholes in Ocala. Do you know where that is?

I think we’ll use Minkah in a lot of different ways. Matchups one on one, blitzing and at safety.

24. naplesfan2010 says:

just in the remote chance I can make it, when is the Fest game this fall?

Hulk feels like he lost on Infinity War

Smash ’em Hulk.

Ken – You’re fighting like a true champion. Keep it up man, you’re almost there. The rest is gravy.

28. bat says:

OK, I think we had a solid draft and I’m not even that disappointed that we didn’t take a shot at one of the 2nd tier QB’s. If Gace is willing to bet his job on Tannehill, it’s good enough for me. My one question is why did we use a DP on a fairly terrible college kicker, who would have still been there if the draft was 50 rounds. Is he Ross’ nephew?

Hey Bat, Sanders has a big leg and most of the time kicking is like golf, gotta replicate the swing over an over which can be coached up. We also brought in a UDFA Greg Joseph from FAU. If neither of these two rooks are looking good I could see us going to the scrap heap for a vet.

29. naplesfan2010 says:

well Ken then you made it Big Guy. It’s all gravy now.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that Ballage wins the #1 spot. It happens with RBs, if he’s tearing it up it up in TC and the PS it could happen. Not meaning Drake and Gore won’t play as well they will, just that if he’s balling you never know. I like our 3 backs and if we keep 4 Perry is good in that role, he plays STs and has looked decent in very limited snaps.

I don’t care if he gets the most touches, I just want him to play. I think he could end up being a lot like David Johnson, so that’s exciting

I don’t either. I was just saying he has the talent where it could happen. The way I look at it, I’d like to be a team that rushes for at least between 125-150 PG. I don’t care what the breakdown is.

Hey Bat! We got a freaking TE!! Do you believe it?

You wake up in the morning and say, holy shit we did draft one of them there big receiving threat TEs. And as you sip your coffee you say fuck, we added another solid TE too who is know for blocking, Where am I? LOL

32. bat says:

Tim … I understand that they are not handing him the job, but couldn’t that pick have been used to bolster another position of need rather than use it on a dime a dozen K who could have been signed as a FA? I know I’m nitpicking, but I need to complain about something ..Gotta stay sharp …

LOL, I doubt there was much left and being that K was an absolute void drafting one with the last pick made sense so you didn’t have to compete with other teams trying to sign UDFAs.

Bat grasping at straws to start a fire. Understandable. lol

34. bat says:

Mike ..About fuckin’ time!!! … My wife LOVED Gesicki and shrieked like a banshee when they called his name. The first thought that came to my mind was “That’s Mike’s man-crush”. Gesicki is the surest thing we’ve drafted in a long time. Freakish talent.

Bat – Someone brought up that the K had the best kickoffs on college football. I cannot confirm it though, but that would be a good enough reason to make sure we got him rather than someone else, since we have nothing.

That is true and he has over 60 yard potential. I’ll trust Rizzi on this one and we’ll see what happens. At the end of the day if he doesn’t pan out he was a 7th rd pick.

• naplesfan2010 says:

as you all well know, kicking is a head game (after the leg strength)
      Rizzi had a chance to really pick brains, and this is the guy he liked for his mental aspect of FG kicking.
      Plus he led the NCAA in touchback %age 2 years ago and finished third by a tiny bit because he had a couple intentional pooch kicks and grounders that lowered his average just that little bit.

Kicking off that deep shows he has leg drive. Going 111/112 in PAT (1 was blocked) shows he has the mechanics.

LOL Bat – I screamed like a dragon myself. Just a primal scream of joy and the end of frustration.

Tim – Yeah, I know you don’t have any preference, and I agree we should be running at least 25 times a game and hopefully for the yardage you posted and more.

38. bat says:

Not only did we get a real TE who will actually make a positive impact on the offense, but we got a DB who may actually be able to cover a TE or one of the endless parade of slow little white guys the Cheatriots trot out there in the slot

LOL @ Bat – Miss ya man

40. naplesfan2010 says:

On his tapes I saw Ballage catch balls on his hip, over his head, at his knees, doing a 360 … These are all things many RBs hate to do. And he not only caught the pass, he turned it into big gains.

41. bat says:

The NFL is about to eliminate kick offs anyway in their misguided zeal to try to legislate injuries out of a contact sport. ..also,can’t wait to see how the refs manipulate outcomes calling this idiotic new helmet contact rule.

I hate that they are even thinking about eliminating the kickoff. Focus on players having the chance to spend more time (CBA) on proper technique rather than changing the game.

Bat,

There he is!!!

BAT: GREAT to see you back on the board!! How’s Mrs. Bat doing??
    —————
    Scintillating start to tonight’s Tampa Bay-Boston NHL playoff game. Keeps me glued to the tube, EXCEPT at intermission. The visitng teams have won 25 of the first 50 games this NHL playoff season. That’s truly unusual!!
    —————
    FAU’s Buddy Howell, a back-up running back, gained over 600 yards last season, averaging over 6 yards per carry. WHY didn’t he start?? The first stringer, Devon Singletary, rushed for nearly 1800 yards and 31 TOUCHDOWNS!!!! Singletary is the FIRST Heisman Trophy candidate in Florida Atlantic’s short history in Division I football. He may find the sledding much tougher this season as 3 of FAU’s starting O-Linemen graduated. TWO of them have been admitted to medical school.
    ————–
    GOOD TO SEE the Dolphins are FINALLY paying serious attention to both FIU and FAU’s football programs. Butch Davis and Lane Kiffin figure to produce plenty of talent for the National Football League in the next few years.

Bat,

Solve the riddle…

I ran for $200B yards in one season in 2014 under the former commish, and now I tested HOT for PHDs today. What is the current commish going to do about it?!! 😀 😉

45. bat says:

OD …Good to be back among the people. Mrs. Bat is doing well. She loved the draft and is once again consumed by blind optimism. …Hope all is well with you and family..

THINGS ARE WELL. We now have 6 Great Grandkids, which is 2 more than we had the last time you folks attended the Fest. Sure hope you folks can attend this season.

46. bat says:

MF!!! …My Twitter Bro!

47. Phindog says:

Bat,
    Great to see you man !!

48. bat says:

Hey Dog .. Same here … Feeling strangely positive right now, but as you know it won’t take much to put me in a very dark place …lol

ocalarob says:
    April 30, 2018 at 6:04 pm

and i’ve learned there are a couple of immature posters around here

If you just learned this today then I question your ability to learn anything.

;°}

Awesome. Bat is here! 🦇 🦇 🦇

2-1 Lightning after 2 periods. Bolts have come out HITTING and I think it’s paid some dividends so far. But Tampa Bay’s 2 biggest stars, Kucherov and Stamkos, haven’t done shit in either game so far. Perhaps their hockey constipation will end in the 3rd period.

52. Phindog says:

OK..As far as the Fest date.. Ken said the Lions was the one he would most likely make so that can only be the date we pick for the Hulk Fest.. 👍🐕🏈🐬

53. bat says:

Hey Herd … Good to see you ..how have you been?

Stanger, Mike E, and all other F-MU Fest organizers…

I REALLY wanted to be able to attend this year’s Fest, but much of my vacation time is going to be spent visiting my Father in Hawaii. I’m sorry, but I’m not going to be able to make it again this year, good peeps. SUCKS!

I hope that all Rob realizes that I am teasing and if I am the troll he speaks of I apologize

Hell oh Bat!

bat says:
    April 30, 2018 at 9:07 pm (Edit)
    Hey Herd … Good to see you ..how have you been?

I’m good. Busy. Living the dream. 😂

58. bat says:

Hell oh …nice …What’s up Rock .. What did you think of the draft haul?

59. bat says:

Herd …LOL ..aren’t we all …

Rob man I wasn’t taking a pot shot I was heading off Rock going down the same road that took me to a big argument with you. I left it at a warning that you have your feelings on ajayi that aren’t going to be swayed. How is that taking a pot shot. I was literally just telling him to drop it before it got there. All you were waiting for was a chance to be mad and confirm you should have been mad to start with. Look I’m sorry for everything but that’s not what in doing to you.

I tried to relay that to him a light hearted way. Nobody here is an ugly person. Typed words have no emotion unless you go out of your way to demonstrate it.

Ask Bat if he cares what you say? LOL

• Phindog says:

Shit..I’ll bust ORobs balls. He’s 4’8” and weighs 115 Lbs and sucks at pool. LOL

Hey 🦇

What did you think of the draft?

62. bat says:

Piggy … Really liked it for the most part. Fitz and Gesicki are slam dunks. A TE who’s a threat in the passing game?? ..Unheard of in Miami

I wanted Hurst, Gesicki or Goedert in no particular order, just one of them. Had to have it.

Yes – those picks were very good
      Generally speaking I liked rounds 1-4 a lot

I wanted 2 TEs and a RB
      Ballard was not my first choice but he was a guy I had my eye on

Gesicki was the best pick in the draft though IMO

Minkah falling to us at #11 and Gesicki in the 2nd was a slam dunk. Baker gives us a LB we didn’t have – fast to cover ground like a safety. Smythe is a solid TE prospect who is more prototype and Ballage might be a DeMarco Murray type back who we were interested in. After that we shall see. Sleepers are always abound. 🙂

I’ll grade the draft as very good on paper.

It’s not about living the dream. It’s about who’s dream you’re living.

LIGHTNING WIN 4-2!! Bring on a Colorado Kool-Aid!! Beertender, make that TWO!!

BAT; Late in his career, Fins TE Keith Jackson caught many big passes for our team. In the Cleveland game in which Marino tore his achilles, I was there to see Jackson catch the winning touchdown pass from Scott Mitchell in the 4th quarter. Problem was, he short hopped it! Cleveland fans screamed “We wuz robbed!” And they WERE!! – -But this was the year that instant replay took a hiatus, supposedly to “fine tune” the replay system! The next day I called a Cleveland sports radio station all the way from our home in Columbus.–I told Browns’ fans their dumb ass owner voted NOT to have replay that year, so they got EXACTLY WHAT THEY DESERVED!!!

It sucks to be a Browns’ fan!

Watching his highlights, he’s a mix of LeGarrette Blount and DeMarco Murray and I don’t think our interest in him was by accident. I think Gase did a lot of copycat league stuff this offseason. See Amendola and Wilson along with Grant and the big TEs as well.

Mismatches! As the game goes on the size and speed wears on opponents.

We’re talking Rod Woodson and Ronnie Lott good. His highlight reel is 15 minutes, not 4. LOL

We got one of those guys.

I believe Gore was brought in as a Player /Coach by the FO knowing Full well they were drafting a RB and they wanted him to tutor both Drake and whoever the draftee was to be , as to how to be a Professional .. yes Gore will get carries, but his biggest mark on the team this year is as a Tutor .. and i believe he will be gone next year after (life) coaching these guys up. JMHO .. falls in with the change the culture. High Character leaders for young uns to learn from …

Knights scored twice in the time it took me to type that LOL. They starting to turn it on now.

Ken : glad you are almost through treatments.. hoping you can get some rest and startHulking up slowly .. vibes to you sir

For the record, I wouldn’t spend as much time on it if I didn’t believe it, but would still say any team that landed Minkah Fitzpatrick got a big time player. I always felt he was going to be one of the next top dogs to enter the NFL. Never saw him falling to #11. Thanks! LOL

Another post off into the stratosphere …

Tim : i dont follow College Ball , but from what i read here we drafted a lot of Really good players at Positions of immediate need .. here s to 13-3 👍😎

Go Phins !!!

I am leery of Saban scum rubbing off on people too.. Saban is to me is 😠as Ross is to OD

Ballage sounds like a good fit as well. Looking forward to a dynamic offense and much better Defense

Surprised no mention of a safety battle, between Minkah and T.J., unless it’s Minkah at S, but then he should have included T.J. in the LB battle

WYOMING: THE only battle Asiata will be in this year is with the manager at Golden Corral!!
    MANITOBA: I ALSO DISLIKE SABAN!! IN FACT, Saban and the Fins team doctor decided NOT to sign a certain QB who would later lead the Saints to Super Bowl glory!! NOT signing Drew Brees, and Steve Ross’s eventual purchase of the Fins, are the TWO biggest negative factors in the demise of this once great franchise.
    ———-
    GOOD LUCK to your Jets tonight!

Vegan Golden Showers – smells like asparagus. lol

D says:
    April 30, 2018 at 9:33 pm
    _____________________________________________

The “big argument” was not about Ajayi, it was about you insulting me because you didn’t agree with my opinion.

there’s a lot of football related things said here that i strongly disagree with and I may question some of them but i don’t insult people over their opinion.

I’m not really sure you grasp this concept.

no problem though, if you feel the need have at it.

P.S. you’re not the only one either

i agree with jabs in a joking manner, i know i’m no angel, but there’s a point where some cross the line.

Robert Quinn is coming into my office this morning.

What’s the next event, a rookie camp?

QUENTIN POLING #32

Steve – No, but Robert Quinn did buy a pair of glasses today.

IHOP is cool, but the rookies only get to eat the kids meals.

Jason Sanders – University of New Mexico Kicker – Junior/Senior Year Highlights

May 1, 2018 at 12:15 am
    M13 is leery of Saban Alabama DBs. LOL
    ————-
    DAMN RIGHT!!! LOL. And HISTORY has my back!!!

Not to sound like a homer (not that there’s anything wrong with that), but I really think Minkah may be the exception to my rule: that kid is a PLAYER, through and through. I didn’t see him eating off of other people’s plate, he’s not afraid to be the first to engage the ball carrier, he’s got a very nice skill set, and he’s VERY instinctive.

In short… this isn’t your typical Saban-coached DB. I’m happy we drafted him!!!

This is amazing

Why? Rosen is a prick, every time he talks on interviews he comes across as this arrogant little whiny kid.

His coach at UCLA basically said the same thing.

Every time he’s on tv I want to slap him.

Yeah – I don’t know…I would not give so much weight to a random girl at the airport who said she was his GF

There were a lot of rumors about him being a dbag, but If I were an NFL GM I wouldn’t ask students at UCLA randomly at the airport. Does this give you any faith in the Browns FO?

Look at all the Dawgs on this list!!!!!

One real nice article on Minkah and what he could do for us. Almost makes you think the main pre-snap read of opposing QBs could be “where’s Minkah.”

Those dunks are AMAZING!!!

And with that, it gives me a good segway to bump one of my favorite songs!

And being able to do them gets back to the Jimmy Graham comparison. If he was an all around TE who could block would have gone real high. As is we used a 4th for Smythe to get both ends of the deal done in two players.

EXACTLY, Stanger! I’m SO happy we got my two TEs!!! 😀

Stanger,

Ever see the movie “White Men Can’t Jump”? It’s another Wesley Snipes-Woody Harrelson classic!

Snipes/Harrelson is one of my FAVE tandems, second only to Pryor/Wilder.

The “White Men Can’t Jump” soundtrack really set the tone for my soon to be music career back in ’92. “How Ta Act” was featured on the supplemental album, and it was the VERY first time I’d heard my now buddy Romany Malco (of “The College Boyz”, now actor).

Here it is…

M13, but then you have Alabama safeties Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Landon Collins who are pro bowlers. I think Minkah will join them someday.

Someone mentioned the Rod Woodson comparison. I see it in the return TDs, so athletic ability, but Minkah is more Swiss Army Knife, while Woodson was more pure CB that played safety late in his career. I see Minkah more graceful.

Yeah I made the Woodson comparison. Minkah might not be on the same level athletically, but it’s his playmaking ability in so many phases of the game that reminded me of him.

Let us hope, Bro!!!

Love Ren and Stimpy. Crazy humor.

Tim – Is Francesa coming back to WFAN? I thought I heard he’s taking the afternoon slot, but just a short show, maybe an hour or so

Lots of reports that the Pats were looking to trade up for Baker Mayfield. He ended up being the QB everyone wanted.

So I asked about Cornell Armstrong from a good friend who’s one of the local college sports commentators and he said this, “very solid cover corner, definitely had the skills and athletic ability to get some attention but had some nagging injuries this past season. Practice squad/special teams contributor this year, but has the ceiling to be better than that” then mentioned his 40 time.
    We have a lot of football moms from his hometown where I work. They’re at the games every Friday, and some have kids currently in D1 or SEC schools. This area produces a lot of talent. The jist from them was that he was a good kid and really fast.
    That’s my word on the street reporting for Armstrong. lol.

ocalarob says:
    May 1, 2018 at 8:55 am

Rob, I hope I haven’t crossed the line. Did you get my apology above?

Even though we took one of NE’s pesky receivers away I’m hoping Armstrong can be a guy that’s used to help shut the rest of them down

May 1, 2018 at 2:48 pm
    What was his 40 time?

wyoming85 says:
    May 1, 2018 at 2:50 pm
    40 Low: 4.38 40 Time: 4.45 40 High: 4.54

Thanks Wyo!

Steve,
    I’ll message my friend that question. Steve from Finsmob demands answers!

We’ve seen UDFAs make it all the time, so a 6th should be too much of a surprise.

Shouldn’t be

If you think about it, UDFAs would be 8th through 12th rd picks like it used to be and there were plenty of players drafted in that range that made teams. For us just to name a few Mark Clayton, Jeff Cross, Harry Galbreath, J.B. Brown.

Tim ,
    I didn’t really pay attention to the Pats draft so I missed that. The thing I want to know about Amendola is how much Pats knowledge is he able to bring to us so we can sweep and dethrone them.

Well he knows Brady has a strict routine, and if he doesn’t follow it he’s just average. The routine is he only feels comfortable while playing with a bag of dicks the night before a game🤣

Belichick is sending him over as a mole. He’s going to feed us misinformation and report back to Belichick with our entire gameplan.

Hopefully he can give some insight on how to run those pick screens that are illegal for everyone else but not the Pats. LOL

They get away with them, because Belicheat asked the practice refs in camp, whats the most contact you can use without getting a penalty. He’s also done the same thing for holding O and D.

Im just joking, but think about it logically. The cheats cheating is very gray. They hold and let go, they brush a DB, just enough to get separation. Very calculated, thats why hes so pissed when they throw a flag.

These are the questions I’m asking Amendola.

I’ll see if this link works

Man the Armstrong family are really and attractive group…..

….

That would be cool if his middle name began with a y.

Cornell Youngin Armstrong

CYA

What!?? I was just complimenting them on how attractive his family is.

you guys don’t agree? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I thought we all agreed that we weren’t going to use pictures of ourselves as avi’s.

Rockphin says:
    May 1, 2018 at 2:43 pm
    Rob, I hope I haven’t crossed the line. Did you get my apology above?
    __________________________________________________

No apology necessary, no you haven’t come close to the line,
    nothing mean spirited about you, we’re good bro.

Rob – Just letting you know man – I walk the line! 🙂

So when do we make a final decision on which game is the Fest game?

I’m good for any game. The ones flying in should decide.

Pretty clear to me at least will be the Lions, especially given how many folks have popped out on the board that one works best for them. What I can’t figure out is who all the Jets voters are. Only Rock has come out for that game, but he has also said he is good for all of them.

Rock – There’s a billboard about a mile or so from my house, it’s at the big intersection of the road you take to my street and RT 9, which is the main highway in my area. It totally reminds me of you, at a quick glance. You’re younger and better looking than him, but at a quick glance, there’s definitely a resemblance. He’s a radio DJ on a local NJ station.

Barry is a hack, with his retarded logic, so what a couple of guys didn’t work out, they cut the fat and the high cap hits, and replaced them with guys that can actually cover. It’s all relative, you just move the cap money to other positions, so you fix 2 birds with one stone.

Has Herd said anything about making the Fest this year?

She’s on the Fest most wanted list along with a bunch of folks we know and have loved for years. See what you can do. Good news is we are already up to the group buy minimum….moving smoothly this year.

two of those Jets votes are probably mine, but I don’t know where I’m going to be in the next 6 months so they’re worthless anyway

May 1, 2018 at 5:08 pm
    Rob – Just letting you know man – I walk the line!
    ____________________________________________

Mike Foerster???

120. naplesfan2010 says:

As he made clear in an interview with the Big Ten Network, his last name is pronounced
    guh-SICK-ee.

Giseckiiiiiiiiiiii

(Piggly blows in a conch)

Giseckiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

No fucking conch! Makes me think of Carrooooooo and Egghead and they both sucked!

• sb7mvp says:

That conch should go where all his jerseys are located.

For the record

I never have conchual relations with either of them
        No conch was actually blown
        They could not get on the field to score a TD so that I was able to blow in the conch

Armstrong may have had some weaker competition earlier in the year to get his 37% completions against, but FSU made him look like a small school CB, he’s a work in progress.

🐚 🐖

Legadoooooooooon’t!

125. naplesfan2010 says:

NFL.com
    UDFAs with a good chance to stick:
    Jalen Davis – CB – Dolphins….hes a stud, and plays way bigger than his measured size, which is the only thing holding him back.
    also on Davis:
    College: Utah State
    The skinny: Davis should have received a lot more attention through the draft process, but his lack of size was a hurdle for teams. If you flip on the tape, he shows the stuff of a pro cornerback. He’ll have an opportunity to compete to become one of Miami’s top four corners, and he has a good chance to stick.
    David Steinmetz, OT, Dolphins
    College: Purdue
    The skinny: At 6-8 and 310 pounds, Steinmetz is just plain difficult to get around. He’ll get a good chance to make the roster in Miami if he can emulate similarly built Sam Young’s game during training camp.

Unfortunately, I see a strong resemblance Mike LOL!! That’s not how I look from the inside out except for when I pass a shiny surface and say who the fuck is that old bald fuck looking at me…then I go “oh shit, that’s me. HA

So it’s kinda cool Rock, I see ya almost every day. My problem is everyone looks like someone to me, so Dana was in the car with me when I noticed it, and she usually doesn’t agree with me, but she said “Yeah, it definitely looks like him”.

LOL

AP OL O GIZE

Ghey-sucky barrrrooooooooooooo

Today’s Hits, Yesterdays favorites

THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED column by the Herald’s Barry Jackson notes that the Dolphins have NOT signed a long term starting O-Lineman in the 4th thru 7th rounds THIS CENTURY!!! –NOW you know WHY I WANTED THE FINS to pick an O-Lineman in round 3!!!

—————
    MANITOBA: That’s the worst period of hockey I’ve seen from Hellebuyck THIS SEASON!!—Do you think the Jets will yank him??? Winnepeg has GOT to come back and playtwo periods of physical hockey. All may be lost when Rinne gets a 3-goal lead. But the Jets still need to send the Preds a “message.” IF I was SUBBAN, I’d be keeping my head out of harms way the rest of this game, eh??

UNBELIEVABLE!!! – – I PUT my Winnipeg Jets hat on and they score 3 goals in 2 minutes, the last two ONLY 10 seconds apart!! Manitoba must be going ape-shit!!! This game is now tied 3-3!!

• manitobafinfan says:

Keep it on sir keep it on 👍👍🏒

• manitobafinfan says:

Are they showing the street party on yer TV feeds ?? 15000 inside and more than that outside the arena. I though he was gonna get pulled, but he seems to be back in control .. that was one hell of a period.

YES, they are showing the street party, if only for a few seconds. YOU guys need a bigger arena, eh?? –NOW 4-4 in the 3rd period. WHAT A GAME!!!

Wow Toba

We even have a 20 ft tall Bud Light goal light on the street

Nice job Subban ya dumbass

Yes dude

Wheeler !!!!

This last 5 mins is gonna be INTENSE

NICE !!!

JETS WIN!! – – JETS WIN!! – – Congrats to you, ‘Toba! –Just an amazing comeback!!
      All of a sudden, a Jets/Lightning Cup Finals doesn’t seem quite so improbable!! Can’t wait until the 3rd game tomorrow night in the Tampa Bay-Boston series!!

• manitobafinfan says:

Good luck to yer team sir. That series got intense pretry quick as well .. Go Bolts !!!!

Btw did it really hurt to type Jets Win ?? I have a hard time typing that , Especially on here

Phinphinatic – early 2019 mocks Insist we’ll be terrible.

This is another example of why I think sports writers are some of the stupidest people on the planet.

So if we had drafted the guys they think we should have, a DT for the future, OL for the future, QB for the future…we would’ve been better this year?

Instead we drafted like this year was make or break, with all players drafted possible having a big or ST opportunity.

They have no idea what the team will look like this year, neither do we because there are so many new pieces and players coming back from injury. They also don’t know how some 2nd and 3rd year players will play this year.

• ocalarob says:

It’s all about how well all these new parts play in cohesion with each other, espaecially at the QB position, it takes time for a rec and a QB to get on the same page, hopefully Thill and the new recs can gel quickly.

i wonder why we have such speedy, light LBers? I would assume it’s to cover the little speedy NE recs, my fear is that will these small LBers be able to tackle and stand their ground against the pulling OL and bigtime RBs? we don’t have a LBer over 250lbs, is that the norm? Alonso is 230, Baker whom we just drafted is 225. maybe i’m wrong but that seems light.

McMillan is 250

As is Chase Allen, so if we get stuck against someone that runs on us we may have to go big. The problem with small LBs is getting off of blocks, but ours are quicker than the OL, so they may be hard to block for that reason.

We had some issues against TN a couple of years ago in run D, but just because one team can run against you doesnt mean you scrap the plan. Its all about matchups.

In a 4-3 LBs are usually lighter and faster. 3-4 LBs are usually 245+.

TJ mcdonald is as big as baker

not only do we have to have a running game we need to stop others from running against us, i sure hope these small lbers can improve our run D

McMillan, Allen and Anthony are all 245+ so we do have some size in the group.

We only need to stop others from running on us, if they exploit us. If they move the ball on the ground, but can’t throw on us, and can’t score on the ground we’ll be ok.

We’re trying to have a versatile D, that’s why I don’t want to trade away our depth.

If we can score big on O, or will lesson the need for a good run D, because teams will have to throw to keep up.

In 82 we weren’t good against the run, but were very good against the pass, but the run D didnt hurt us until we couldnt score allowing the Skins to win it on the ground.

Watch the tape of our newly drafted D, they all seem to be pretty decent tackles. They use the aim for a thigh technique, so it reduces the size/power disadvatage.

NEW BLOG UP!

Steve, Gase has said many times that the offense has put the defense in bad spots too often because of short drives, too many 3 and outs and not enough points. That’s why he made so many changes with both coaches and personnel. Something had to change. Our defense is built to attack and it’s more effective with a lead or at least a close competitive game. When you’re down 13-3 at the half all the time the opponent is never in panic mode.