The Magnificent Seven! More like 15 or 16

Although this will probably be the “starting” front 7, LE William Hayes, LDT Davon Godchaux, RDT Jordan Phillips, RE Robert Quinn, WLB Kiko Alonso, MLB Raekwon McMillan and SLB Stephone Anthony, substitutions will be rampant.  So many different personnel will be used on this defense, and basically the plan is to keep fresh bodies on the field when the offense has basic formations, and then to change up our defensive personnel to best match up with whatever formations the offense decides to throw out us, whether that’s 2 or 3 TE’s, 2,3,4 or even 5 WR’s or whatever, we will have players on the field that can handle it.  So while the aforementioned 7 may get the start, it will probably be more like 15 or 16 players used depending on the situation, whether it’s rotating fresh players in on the D-line, or bringing in 3 safeties to cover an athletic TE and 2 WR’s, or a receiving RB like an Alvin Kamara.

It’s amazing me to how different the initial front 7 is from last year.  The surprising success of Godchaux now enters the limelight next to returning veteran LE William Hayes, and next to him, the player who every year we hope will turn into a Pro Bowl DT , Jordan Phillips, and next to him, former All Pro DE Robert Quinn.  Crazy, right?  Add in the next wave of pass rushers, Cam Wake from the left side and occasionally Charles Harris too, and then Andre Branch on the right side, along with Charles Harris, and there is some pretty solid depth there.  Akeem Spence will bolster the DT spot as “the next guy in”, and then there will be a battle for the 4th spot at DT, between Vincent Taylor, Gabe Wright, Jamiyus Pittman, and Anthony Moten.  At DE, Cameron Malveaux showed flashes of promise, but it will be difficult to make the 53, unless of course one of the frontrunners is released or traded, like Andre Branch.  At this point, the Dolphins might have that luxury, but as we know, things change quickly.

Even the Magnificent 7 is not set in stone, although I believe the starting DL I mentioned will be the one we see opening day as long as everyone is healthy.  Jerome Baker and Chase Allen will be heavily into the competition for a LB spot, more than just special teams or pass coverage substitution assignments.  Stephone Anthony is far from a lock at SLB, but I think he’s a slight favorite at the moment.  He has the size, speed and athleticism to be the perfect SLB, but his instincts are lacking, so his reaction time slows down his 4.5 speed.  Allen looks like a solid tackler, and we know Baker has better than average coverage skills, and he can chase and tackle sideline to sideline with great speed, but is he tough enough to to stay on the field?  That’s a question that will be answered not only in training camp and the preseason, but all season long.

Is it possible our defense can be better without Ndamukong Suh?  This guy thinks so.  No longer will any player be out there for close to 900 snaps, it’s too exhausting, and even the best of the best wear down physically, even if they don’t get hurt, an exhausted All Pro isn’t better than a rested player, and I think we’re going to see that come true this season.  Suh in all his glory was asked to do too much, and the fact that he took that on deserves much credit.  I applaud him for what he gave to this team.  Despite that, he was only a leader by example, not a leader, and not a player that bonded with his teammates, he was more of a hired assassin, not part of a mob.  With more fresh bodies on the field, I think we’ll see our defense kick it up a notch.

It’s been very exciting to hear that in OTA’s (Yes, they’re only OTA’s) that MLB Raekwon McMillan has been the leader we’ve needed, for the defense, directing traffic, making sure players are properly aligned to what the offense was doing.  Honestly, I can’t wait to see him play this season.  OK, not sure how many words I’ve typed and I haven’t brought up Minkah Fitzpatrick yet!  True, this is a front 7 article, but Minkah will be such a big part of our defense this year, and I believe he will be used extensively this season, right out of the gate. You want your best players out there, and I assure you he will be one our best.  Who cares whether it’s at FS, S, CB, NB, LB, just get this kid on the field!  The more I look at the players we have available this year, the more excited I get.  I’m not sure if this defense will be great immediately, but I think it has potential to be.  In addition to the front 7, if the safety trio, Reshad, Minkah and T.J., as well as the starting corners, whether that’s Xavien, Tank or Lippett and Bobby Mac do their jobs, I think we could be a surprise this season.  Can’t wait to get it on!

711 Responses to The Magnificent Seven! More like 15 or 16

1. ElephantRider says:

I agree with Chambers’ ranking.

Let’s see how it is at the end of the year. Would l.jd love to see Parker move up, but my gut says frickin Carroo will be ranked higher….. lol

Isaiah Ford is a sleeper on offense. Last year Grier was shocked he was still there in the 7th rd, had a 4-5 rd grade on him but we went elsewhere.

Pros: tall and slippery as a vertical WR.
      Cons: slight of build and only 4.6 speed.

It’s about effort with Ford. We’ve seen it before.

I’m having a dilemma at home, I live in an HOA community and my neighbor has these yard sales, when i left my home Saturday i could barely get out of my drive way, 100s of people there, when i came home people were pulling their cars through my yard and parking in his yard! needless to say i blew a fuse!

This guy also operates a lawn service from his home

I checked the covenants and it clearly states no business or trades are allowed to be run, this is a residential area. nothing is said about the operation of a garage sale or lawn service.
    I based my decision on moving there due to the covenants which BTW is recorded as public records.

I contacted the HOA and they said they allow yard sales and lawn service business, of course this is their friend and they don’t have to live next to him. he said because he goes to the lawns to cut them it’s not considered running a business out of his home yet i have to smell his gas ridden trailer outside my window. this is a new community with nice homes.

I may have to move, i may need a lawyer as well

June 3, 2018 at 7:24 pm
    Hey Rob – It was just Steve’s interpretation of the Drake interview during OTA’s. Don’t get too happy about it it’s only June 3. 🙂
    ________________________________

Darn! you had me goin!

June 3, 2018 at 9:32 pm
    M13, by the way, glad you moved onto a Wake avi as opposed to the old Bess one. It was time to move on. Good choice! Your alma mater too. 🙂
    ————
    What do ya mean?!! LOL 😉

There is such a thing as too deep, but we aren’t at DE, because all 5 will make the team. The rotation is 9 guys currently for DL, With Hayes of course playing some DT.

Hayes will play roughly 15 snaps at each position. That’s enough to keep him playing hard on every snap he takes.

That’s the idea. Maximum performance every snap. It’s time for Wake to play the Trace Armstrong role – 20-25 significant snaps at what he does best, rush from the left side.

When have we ever had 4 guys that can play at DT? Ok last year, but thats about it. Sure we don’t have a stud, but this discussion was about depth in case someone got hurt. 70 D snaps x 2 = 140 ÷ 3 = 47 snaps a piece, if one gets hurt, then reduce it by another 15, so 5 each, and that leaves 42 each. I don’t think that’s too many.

With that said why are we screwed at DT, if someone gets hurt?

We don’t want to be at 70 defensive snaps on defense. We want the offense to be close to that and the defense more like 60 or less.

we may keep a DT on the PS as well.

Rob,

Check with your local planning and zoning department and business licensing department. There may be a local code that only allows a certain number of yard sales per year, and regulations requiring licensing for the business which may include restrictions on customers and vehicles at the home.

In Sacramento County, residential locations are only allowed 2 yard sales per 6 month period, home businesses are not allowed foot traffic and have restrictions on number of work vehicles. Community HOA covenants do not supersede these codes here. And in Sac, they do enforce these regulations pretty well.

One of the primary purposes for regulation of yard sales and home businesses is because of the customer/vehicle traffic at these locations, and the hazard they can represent, so maybe they have similar ordinances there. It may be you don’t have any protection from local ordinance, but it’s worth looking in to.

• ocalarob says:

Thanks Kong, I will look into that, The covenants clearly states no business or trade to be conducted on any lot, it is very basic and clear, says nothing about yard sales and lawn businesses being excluded

the guy operates his lawn service from his home, every day i get a fresh look at his beat up lawn trailer as he parks out front with it. he operates a yard sale. if it wasn’t for him bringing un-desirable people to my home by the boat loads, driving in my yard, blocking me in, his customers knocking on my door wanting to pick up their item that they paid for I wouldn’t have a problem with his lawn business.

what’s perplexing to me is these covenants are recorded in the county, the HOA is saying that he can operate his lawn business from his home as he goes and cuts lawns away from his home. if they were to bring the lawns to his home then it would be a violation.
      I think this is Moronic!

My view of this is his working on his lawn equipment every day from out front of his home, having to negotiate his lawn trailer in and out, when he comes home and is not done it just sits out front, this is repetitive, all part of operating a business from his home.

i have to get legal help, my plan is to just move, if i incur any hardship due to this i may pursue the HOA for not enforcing their rules.

These are not brilliant people i’m dealing with, the last treasurer was stealing money from the HOA to the tune of thousands and is now in jail for it.

The clown that i’m dealing with was the president of the HOA at that time and is friends with the new HOA, so the new president is reluctant to enforce these rules upon his friend.

• ocalarob says:

There’s no room on the street to park, cars are lined up down the street, so his moron wife is out there directing traffic to park on their lawn, the problem is they have to cross my lawn to get there, I have electrical and sewer lines running from my house to the street, they are running right over the top of them, i get home and see cars parked in their yard and see the tire tracks running right thru my front yard over my driveway into their yard. and they don’t understand why i would be upset over this! they think i’m being unreasonable.

Nothing pisses me off like asshole neighbors. In NV we have similar laws to CA. With the yard sale laws, but no one follows them.

It seems clear he was the president of the association, so he could do what he’s doing. I hope you put him out of business.

• ocalarob says:

i’m just going to wait and see if they enforce their rules, if he continues to operate his service from his home i’m going to put my home up for sale, sell it and move away, realize the hardship that they caused and sue the HOA and him for any loss realized, can’t wait to get out of here!

That’s always the best way, I just hate moving.

Keep us informed on this. I’m interested to hear the outcome.

Checking in. Nervous Mom here. My son is having surgery this morning, 3rd time on his right foot. Has had 2 others on the left. This waiting is awful.

Hope all is going well in Dolphin land. Go Fins!

it will be interesting to see if any new comers break into the 53, the DT and WR positions are those that may have surprises.

Wishing your son all the best, Herd.

I think Gabe Wright and Jaymius Pittman have a good chance of grabbing a DT spot on the 53. Jonathan Woodard i dont know how he projects as a player since he is new to us, but his size would give us a good backup for Hayes and also similar ability to have him slide to DT as they plan on doing with Hayes from time to time. They have a couple other UDFA rooks and Malveaux who could find a spot too.

WR has a few guys who could make the team over Caroo i think, we will just have to see if Caroo finally picks it up. Id really like to see Drew Morgan make the team. He is Amendola 2.0 so it would be nie to get him in there and get him in the rotation so we can see what we have with him, given Amendola is on a short term contract.

Ford is kinda Stills/Wilsonish, though we never really got to see if he would be that good in the pro’s. His college tape is really nice though. Owusu is similar to Parker but the talent level is a good bit off, though we also haven’t see the talent level of Parker manifest as good as expected either. Caroo was more a Landry replacement, and if they have gone a different way in the offense, i think Caroo’s place might be gone unless he really shows up.

I think McCray at LB, has a pretty decent chance of making the 53. He is a solid LB, and probably would have been drafted if his coverage skills were a little better and he were a little faster. I think he and Hull compare pretty closely, so its possible he could take Hulls spot, or maybe Anthony’s even though he isnt nearly the athletic freak Anthony is, but his instincts and play recognition, etc are a good bit ahead of Anthony who is going to be up for contract next year. Similar things can be said about Cayson Collins, if he shows up he could unseat one of the fringe players from last year.

I think at CB we have some new blood competition as well. McTyer, Armstrong, Davis, all are good CB’s who could stick on the team. Probably comes down to ST contribution for at least one of them.

Overall it looks like the big theme this year seems to be we have talent at the depth level, and obvious starters at the top level. Whether those starters are top notch is a different story but i dont think you could call any of them poor, and i believe most of them deserve at least a rating of solid starter. The depth we have is interesting because it feels a lot like we are in a similar spot with the depth not really locked in, which was an indication of how poor our depth was in the past, but now it seems like we are in a situation where were we are spilling over with talent and it doesn’t matter how it gets trimmed down we are going to be kicking out some good players that are pretty likely to get poached.

Rob,

That situation sucks. Neighbor disputes are the worst when you’re dealing with a dickhead like that. I would go ballistic if one of my neighbors had cars driving over my lawn. That is unfathomable to me that he would think that is OK. If the local ordinances are on your side, hopefully you will be able to go around your HOA group and get code enforcement to step in (assuming things work the same out there as they do here).

Herd,

Positive vibes being sent your way!

Parker’s response to Chris Chambers ranking him third best Phins wideout after Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson makes you wonder if he has a new found maturity.

DeVante Parker@DeVanteParker11
    Nobody cares about his opinion

I like the jab by Chambers, something needs to wake up Parker. Embarrassment sometimes does the trick.

But wouldn’t “talk to me about that after the season Chambers”…..have been what you wanted to see? Or maybe it is just the social media we are in where guy’s his age think “You are a Moron!” a witty and conclusive win.

I see no good in Chambers making remarks like that. Parker’s issues have been lower leg injuries, not his skill or work ethic. Gase and the coaches have said he turned the corner with that last year.

Man with Bobby’s high forehead and that crazy hir, he looks like a dude who just walked out of the nut hut.

He does make it sound more dire than it is, but when it comes to the secondary he is focusing on what is not known…..who is the 2nd boundary corner? We got Howard, a now long-term slot CB and are three deep at S.

Lippett or Tankersley. Tank was starting until he got hurt and he showed promise. I’m pretty sure one of those guys are the plan.

If Lippett is fully recovered, he can easily be the 2nd CB, and if not, it will be Tank. Tank isn’t so bad, and with better safety play, it will protect us better deep, where we got hurt a lot last year, and that’s where Minkah comes in.

4 deep at CB, plus Minkah to fill in where ever seems pretty good to me. Again, when have we ever been deeper?

They have so much to play with back there that answer might be all of them at times in set schemes. What’s one more than a dime? Guess would be a quarter.

To me it looks like we are set up pretty well to play the match up game. with 3 safeties who can cover (albeit Jones and Fitzpatrick are much better than TJ) a good slot CB, and one solid boundary CB. We have two complimentary boundary CB’s one who was on the upswing and played pretty damn well as a rookie and another that was playing well before injury and at least gives us a boundary CB who can rotate and provide depth. We added a couple new CB’s who should give us even more quality depth or players we can stash and continue to develop and then there is McTyer who seemed to player pretty damn well. I dont see CB being a weak spot. It seems pretty solid.

I think match up game is exactly what it will be. You put Your’ns out there and we got Our’ns. Bum Phillips knows how it works. 🙂

20. 13kvFINS says:

Think it was MF, or Rock that’s been petitioning for this guy??

Maybe since the Browns landed that other DL guy this past week,

Maybe Miami could get him??

26 year old DT, (I’d surely give him a looksie)!!!

“”For the second offseason in a row, the league hasn’t shown much interest in the former Giants defensive tackle. Last year, Hankins sat in free agency for a month before signing a three-year, $27 million deal with the Colts. After Indy changed schemes this offseason, they released Hankins one season into his deal. The 26-year-old has taken a number of visits since, but he hasn’t yet caught on with a new team.

Hankins might end up looking at a one-year deal, but there’s a team that could take advantage of its opportunity to sign a talented young player for something less than his typical market value: the Browns, who have typically been forced to pay premiums to attract talent to an organization that has gone 1-31 over the past two seasons. New general manager John Dorsey traded away Danny Shelton this offseason without adding any help at defensive tackle, so Hankins could be a viable piece of an emerging defensive line.

New home: Cleveland Browns”””””. Potentially!!!

GOFINS!!!

Unless we’re all in to win an SB this year, why spend money we need next year? We’re done shopping for FAs other than on the cheap.

The NBA is toying with a coaches challenge, they’ll use the Summer League to test it. This comes on the heels of fans bitching about the calls, with the latest being a non call against LeBron yesterday at the end of the 3rd.

I’d say go with a soccer type of system, where the ref doesn’t call a foul initially, if the player with the ball has the advantage, but can then stop play several seconds later and call the previous foul. This would’ve prevented the poor non call LeBron didn’t get.

23. ElephantRider says:

I’m ok with Chambers saying anything he wants. He is just telling the truth.
    Parker needs to grow up and fast or another wasted 1st rd pick…..

I’m ok with Parker being what he’s been, except he needs to be averaging 8 TDs per year, as long as it keeps his next contract reasonable, but not sure it’s possible to keep his next contract reasonable (see Sammy Watkins).

That would keep him in a rotation of guys, but have him as a big weapon around the goal line.

Why did Chambers go public with it? He’s not part of the Dolphins org, Parker doesn’t have to participate with him.

What does Parker having injury issues have to do with growing up? It’s not like Parker is out partying, missing meetings and shit like that. He’s been hampered by injuries. The coaches don’t have an issue with Parker other than the injuries. They even feel he’s been a bit snake bitten.

CavalierKong says:
    June 4, 2018 at 12:08 pm
    Rob,

________________________________________________

I doubt local ordinances can help me, the HOA mentioned that he’s allowed to do a garage sale every 6 months and while i haven’t been keeping count i don’t recall him doing one in the last 6 months, he mostly does them in the summer and last summer i recall him doing them quite a few.

He wasn’t there when they were driving on my lawn, he was out cutting lawns. his moronic wife was there directing traffic over my lawn, when i confronted her i wasn’t too happy however i didn’t demean her in anyway just strongly voiced my opinion on what she was doing.

next thing you know the little shrimp husband comes screaming at me “don’t talk to my wife that way” at that point i was fit to be tied, she was coming up behind him screaming as well. common sense got the better of me and i walked away.

That’s when i contacted the HOA and had it out with them.

my question to you would be; do you consider lawn service a trade or business? that’s the issue, The HOA seems to think that as he doesn’t provide a service at his home this does not fall under the category of a trade or business

I totally disagree with that.

when he comes to cut a lawn the homeowner has to deal with him maybe 30 mins twice a month.
    I am subjected to his business 24/7 as he always pulls out on the street, cleans his equipment, works on his trailer. leaves it out front until the sun goes down then he pulls it back up next to my kitchen window so i can smell the fumes on his make shift grass driveway where he leaves his truck overnight, and oh BTW the covenants says you must have a concrete drive way.

It’s Brutal

I no longer speak to this guy for fear of this escalating, I have explained my concerns to the HOA by email, i’m drafting a certified letter to that effect and sending it to them.

this is their response;

The Board does not consider a lawn business to be a home business
      (according to the DPPOA attorney) because the business does not take place
      at the residence

That’s chicken shit, maybe a local judge would think otherwise. I can see what you mean about favoritism.

• ocalarob says:

That’s exactly what i told them, that a third party may disagree with them

• ocalarob says:

This is a quote from the HOA, how moronic is this?

________________________________________________

On the issue of his ” Trade Business”… If someone brings their lawn to him to cut it will be considered a Home Business which we prohibit and it will be shut down.

• ocalarob says:

They keep referring to a “Home Business” however the covenants wording refers to a “Business or Trade”

Rob,

It shouldn’t matter if the HOA considers it a business or not when it comes to City and County ordinances. It matters what the County or local municipality considers it.( Caveat is local laws and rules can vary widely and drastically so what is true is Sac County may not be true in Ocala).

Out here, a business license is basically a zoning permit which dictates the allowable use at a location. For home based businesses, they are regulated to not be a burden on residential neighborhoods. The home is an office that is regulated for foot traffic and vehicles, and the business usually takes place off site.

Then, some local business licensing departments (for example, city municipalities within Sac County) are nothing more than taxation on the business.

If you find your local regulatory department agrees with the HOA or that the HOA makes their determinations based on local ordinance, you may be shit out of luck, as at that point the dickhead is following regulation.

It sucks if your local planning and zoning dept has nothing to protect home owners, because this is the exact reason for these regulations to be in place.

• ocalarob says:

This is Slowcala, He doesn’t have a license, Even though he works off site he still maintains his equipment on site. he’s definitely operating a business out of his home. not sure what i can do about it except move.

Rob – That sucks man. Neighbors are supposed to be considerate of one another. I think it’s ridiculous that you have to deal with people on your lawn. I would think the best thing you could do is have the association present the next time he has one of his lawn sales so they can see the effects of it to your property and your street. If they aren’t willing to do anything, maybe the local police can help you.

Or just start filing reports against him with the police, at city hall…or start doing donuts in his front yard, then post signs that say get out.

Problem is Rob ends up being the bad guy and the criminal. That would have to be the last resort and only right before your moving day. That’s basically war, and that’s not good for anyone.

• 13kvFINS says:

Administrator down ??

HMMM

• ocalarob says:

I’m not going to do none of that, i’m just going to move, got to get away from this shit

• ocalarob says:

This is their response, as you are not allowed to have your guest park in the street, well the street was lined with his clients and i told them to enforce this rule, this is their response.
      ___________________________________________________

We cannot enforce short term parking on the street because it
      takes a certified letter sent to the owner addressing the issue and allowing
      15 days for the problem to be resolved. After that time we can tow it. If
      one of his yard sale people is blocking you in please call the Sheriff’s
      Dept and they will handle it.

ORob, I’m baffled how your neighbors think it’s okay for vehicles to drive on your lawn.

steveccnv says:
    June 4, 2018 at 3:51 pm
    He’s talking about in the city, not the sticks.
    —————————————
    Well there you go!
    Problem explained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, my first problem with him was this;
    I cut my yard with the mower raised high, a while ago when he cut his yard he would cut it very low, what he would do is come onto my property with his mower and cut it low all the way to my driveway. I just assumed he wanted to see his continuous low cut from his front door and not see the difference from my cut to his.

on the other side of my bushes were left high as was behind the bushes near the fence, he couldn’t see those areas, also on the other side on my drive way was left high so i had 2 different levels on my yard. the guy was cutting my yard partially!

I couldn’t believe he was doing this! i went knocked on his door and blew a fuse at him, he hasn’t cut on my yard since. this is the kind of lame thinking that runs between his ears. you can’t make this shit up

I have pics, just don’t know how to load them

June 4, 2018 at 3:39 pm
    ____________________________________________________

so am I Tim

• ocalarob says:

LOL, the HOA would have a field day with that!

Good fences make good neighbors. And you put up some flimsy kinda of something and no one on your lawn.

• ocalarob says:

You can’t put a fence in the front yard and you can bet i have a 6′ privacy fence all the way around the back, that’s another thing the guy is to cheap to buy a fence so he’s connected to my fence and his back neighbors fence, the people on the other side don’t have a fence so that side is open yet he stores his trailer back there which is a violation

Sounds like you and your neighbor have a bunch of issues going on. Encourage you to just rest on the situation a bit.

Oh well, sorry to bore you guys with my dilemma. i’ll handle it, I actually want to move out of here so it’s no big deal

Mandatory minicamp starts tomorrow. Do they wear pads in minicamp or is that not until TC?

Man! My scrolling finger is tired.

36. ElephantRider says:

Why not just put spike strips in?

ORob

Have you considered hiring an assassin?

I know some one…

What a news day, today! And the funny thing is, I don’t want to touch hardly ANY of it here! LOL

I’ll touch this ONE, only because it’s football related: President Donald Trump cancelled the Eagles from visiting the White House tomorrow. Mike Garafolo has already reported that the contingent the Eagles were going to send was less than 10 players… THAT’S why President Trump cancelled the Eagles.

In the meantime, I’m watching the liberal MSM (especially sports writers) go NUTS, without citing the facts that Garafolo already reported. We’re watching the #FakeNews, hard at work again.

Bro, it’s not just phony liberalism, it’s phony conservatism too. We need more constitutionalists. Libertarianism through social media might finally take hold some day. 🙂

What the radicals always miss is the answer has always been there.

Like this conservative moron who thinks Trump canceled bc they kneeled even though no one on the eagles kneeled

All of the asinine remarks. Both parties are about people not liking stuff. How about trying to focus on what’s good in life. Nope… can’t do it. WTF is going on?

RIP Dwight Clark. He was a hell of a player.

Whew! Long day. Finally am back home. I get home with my son, am getting him settled in, remote and crutches nearby and all that and we’ve not been home half an hour and a girl from his school is here with flowers, a big bag of m&ms, a get well balloon and a card…..

Hmmmmm….🤔

ALS is nasty, I had a friend die from that, great softball player, he had that disease. It attacks your Muscles and motor skills.

RIP Dwight Clark

TWO THINGS tonight really surprised me big time.
    #1 My old alma mater, Florida Atlantic, upset the overall #1 team in college baseball, Florida, 7-4 on Florida’s home field in the NCAA baseball regionals tonight. They did it by pounding the Gator’s top pitcher for 7 runs, the most he’s given up in his entire career. He was 25-4 over the last two seasons!! FAU must beat Florida AGAIN tonight to advance to the Super Regionals, a very unlikely scenario! This marks only the second time FAU has defeated the #1 team in baseball. The other time was about 15 years ago when FAU swept a 3-game series in Tallahassee against the #1 ranked Seminoles. Since then, Florida State has refused to play FAU in baseball. Thankfully, both Miami and Florida are always willing to put our team on their schedule. The current FAU baseball team is minus its best pitcher and best hitter, both of whom suffered season ending injuries earlier this season.
    ———————————————-
    #2 SURPRISE: Washington leading VEGAS 3-0 after one period tonight!! — I REALLY thought this would be a close, hard fought, contest. But, so far, game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals has been a blowout. My condolences to Steve. Hopefully, the Golden Knights will come back and make a contest of this game!
    ———————————————
    Gotta walk the doggies and get my ugly rest.
    GOOO-O-O-O OWLS!!

Pig, Ken, Mike E, and other Star Wars geeks…

Have any of y’all seen Solo yet? I saw it this past weekend… and despite another SJW theme (it was subtle, but it was still there), I thought the film was alright!

TONS of references… tying the prequels, the original trilogy, and even the ‘Old Republic’ together! There’ll be NO SPOILERS from me, but the ending was SURPRISE/GRAND!!! And I think Woody Harrelson’s character ROCKED!!!

I saw it Memorial Day weekend

I didn’t love it
      One of the reasons was one of the spoilers totally screwed up the timeline IMO

But the Chewbacca dialogue was very good….lol

I did like a lot of aspects of it
      But I didn’t love it

I’m with ya on that, man… I liked it, but I didn’t love it. And yes… one of the spoilers *potentially* screwed up the timeline, agreed.

We’ll see where LucasFilm takes it from here! I suppose they can ‘un-canonize’ what was recently considered canon, in order to make a better movie in the future! 😉

And LOL at the Chewbacca dialogue being very good!
        😆

FSU takes the first game of the Women’s CWS

Glad the day ended well Herd!

Here’s to many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Solo this past weekend. Meh. I did not like Woody Harrelson cast as that character.

M – Didn’t see it yet. For some reason I think this one is a bit of letdown

After The Last Jedi, I turned in my Star Wars fan club card. Not wasting my time or money.

They are okay movies
      Generally I like that they are adding stories
      But most of the additional movies aren’t really good

Rogue one was pretty good

If its considered a business i would assume your neighborhood is zoned residential. Could you get him on that technicality?

If you guys think you can hide in the internet world you are so wrong. I set up an account on Linked In just so could access full profile info on the site. Put it in a fake name and put in fake info for the required sections (other than e-mail which needed to verify) .

Just got a “do you know” e-mail from them…..and yeah I knew 3 of the 5. Felt like a kid who thought he was smarter than his parents…..all while the parents were laughing at him.

We could’ve used Lippett’s ball skills last year. Add in Minkah and we should see a few picks this year.

Lippett has great ball skills, but his reactions to getting in place to do it are not the best. At least not yet…..guy is still learning the position. But he is real good once he gets there, part of why I thought FS might be his best position. More time to decide where to be.

GO MIKE!

Reports from Schad
    ———————-
    • Owner Stephen Ross is in attendance.
    • The Dolphins offense is present and accounted for, except for WR Leonte Carroo (knee).
    • The Dolphins defense is present and accounted for, except for defensive back Jordan Lucas.
    • Jakeem Grant made a nice sideline catch from David Fales.
    • Danny Amendola caught a touchdown in red zone work from Ryan Tannehill.
    • Brock Osweiler to Kalen Ballage on touchdown in red zone work. Former ASU Sun Devils.
    • Lost amid the excitement about two rookie tight ends is A.J. Derby, who coaches think can block and catch. They do like him.
    • Xavien Howard had blanket coverage on deep attempt to DeVante Parker from Ryan Tannehill.
    • David Fales completed a long bomb to tight end Thomas Duarte.

How does this read?

Is he saying Gore doesn’t know the whole offense yet, is eager to learn, and is constantly asking Tanny about what his role is in the scheme?

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. I read this like 10 times trying to figure out what point he was trying to make.

??????????????????

Wyoming you must drive a beer truck? Every day you post tweets that have already been posted here, you must people lots of beer🍺🍺

Based on reports from those who have attended the offseason practices so far, pretty much all of them have said David Fales looks the part as backup QB and has been impressive. Now we know it’s not in pads or games, but that’s good to hear.

13kvFINS says:
    June 5, 2018 at 11:34 am (Edit)
    Guess I’ll just try again

69. drg says:

What’s that, Trump is acting like a 3rd grader again?

yawn…..

▪ Even privately, teammates rave about Tannehill’s leadership, how he texts players with encouragement. And he’s willing now to come down hard on them if needed.

“Sometimes I might be a little short-tempered expecting guys to do what they’re supposed to do,” he said. “I hold guys accountable. That’s how we’re going to win here, holding guys accountable, myself included…. When [players] make a mistake [a second time], that’s when I have a problem.”

71. drg says:

I’m not too worried about the secondary. We seem to be gearing up to run 6 or 7 DBs at a time or at least have two LBs that can cover on the field in most packages. I think that is the right way to go.

▪ David Fales, competing with Brock Osweiler and Bryce Petty for the backup quarterback job, connected with tight end Thomas Duarte on a catch-and-run for a 65 yard touchdown during Tuesday’s practice.

“Fales keeps getting better, making a lot of plays in practice,” Gase said. “He’s doing a good job of finding the open guy.”

Fales’ problem, in the past, has been “over thinking,” Gase said. “He can process a lot in his brain. Sometimes he’ll take a couple of extra steps those guys aren’t ready for.”

A lot of talk about how Quinn’s corner rush is so low to the ground like 2 feet but at full speed. Harris said his was the lowest last year and now he needs to up his game. They then asked Harris about Wake because he always had that so what happened, he said you have to ask him I guess maybe he’s getting up there (laughs), but the other day he was going up against a rookie and had to show him who he’s going up against.

I honestly don’t care about Fales or Osweiller. If they play any significant time this year, we’re screwed, lol.

We’re going as far as Tanny takes us this year. All the early reports are very promising. All arrows pointing up. Fingers crossed there is no physical setback. This is the year Tanny has to break out for us.

Well he was playing his best ball before he went down. But I think this year is more about everyone stepping up their game not just Tannehill. Each group has to play better.

We need to possess the ball more often on offense and score more points, and on defense we need to more pressure, sacks and turnovers. STs for me is always don’t lose the game, anything extra is gravy.

+/- turnover ratio is the most important stat. Win that and you always have a chance. Even an okay team can make the playoffs winning that battle. See 2008.

The TO battle is overrated, because teams that are trailing take more chances.

• manitobafinfan says:

Steve : Speaking of Turnovers !! WTH Happened to yer team ??
        they give the puck away each game more than they did combined against us…

I was on the fence who to cheer for until Linda Carter was spotted wearing Caps gear …. siiiighh prolly to long ago for you.. 🙂

I don’t necessarily disagree with anything you wrote. I agree everybody needs to step up, but I’m talking about the QB position. And talking about the QB position, we’re only going to go as far as Tanny takes us. Fales/Osweiller aren’t starters IMO, and if either take significant snaps then we aren’t going very far no matter how much the team progresses.

whispering.. 13-3….

Kong you’re thinking of all or nothing at AN, but there’s another scenario that must be accounted for, RT going down for only a game or two or three.

We can possibly survive that. Let me state my position differently, lol.

I don’t really care if Fales or Osweiller are having a good OTA session or minicamp. Tanny is the starter by a wide margin. If we have to rely on Fales or Osweiller being under center for a bunch of games this year, we’re not going anywhere.

So “I honestly don’t care about Fales or Osweiller.”

steveccnv
    If I drove a beer truck you wouldn’t have to worry about me posting anything! 😉

Kong – I’m with ya, but Steve has a good point. If it’s only a game or two, or parts of a game or two here and there, you would hope your backup could keep you in the game at worst.

Agreed, you want a guy that doesn’t sh!t the bed. And to complement Steve’s point, we don’t have to look any further than 2016 when Moore finished the season out and helped get us to the playoffs.

And if Tanny had been healthy, we might have at least had a shot of moving on in the playoffs, which is more to my point.

Precisely. I think we tend to look at the catastrophic situation, and not just a hamstring pull, or shoulder contusion, or whatever else that can happen that just temporarily knocks you out of a game or two

• pheloniusphish says:

Be nice if a back up could play well enough to get a high draft pick for him in a trade.

Steve, the turnover ratio usually equals wins and losses regardless of circumstances. It’s never been overrated. It’s something every coach enforces every year. A team that has a big lead because most likely they aren’t turning it over is part of the same process as the team trying to catch up and turning it over more is. LOL

Gase decided Fales was a better option than Moore. We’ll see. Moore looked really sluggish to me last year.

manitobafinfan says:
    June 5, 2018 at 5:08 pm

I like that answer better !!!

Only losing twice in the season and then winning the divisional round, conference round and SB? yeah, I’ll take it. LOL More likely than not it will never happen in Miami again in my lifetime. (I was fucking THREE in the perfect season and 4 when then won again…… )

• pheloniusphish says:

19-0 Baby….

• manitobafinfan says:

Only losing 2 though i would be expecting a BYE week … unless Patriots were 12-4 in which case Somehow they would get a BYE and the First overall Draft pick

Toba — tough week for you my friend. Turns out Trump hates both Canada and the NFL. Yeah couldn’t help myself. 🙂

82. ElephantRider says:

I thought Fales was starting to play better and better as the game went on last year. I am not going to miss Moore…he looked old out there.

I want Matt Castle as a back up. Win you 11 games, get you 2 2nd round picks when traded.

Stanger : yep , just like AM Radio , the hits just keep on coming

man, I just got hit by a bad ass thunderstorm. It came out of nowhere and all of the sudden was throwing shit all around my balcony and the trees outside are bent like a hurricane. I went to the local radar and we are in a little RED bubble

OCALAROB: One of the things my friend Vito did was to bury a few 2X4 planks in his front yard AFTER he had pounded a whole bunch of long nails thru the planks. He buried the planks so that about 2-3 inches of the nails were standing above the edge of the planks. When the grass got about 3 inches high on his lawn, his redneck neighbor tried to park his broken down pick-up on Vito’s front lawn at the edge of the street. Of course he couldn’t see the nails and, sure enough, the nails punctured two of the four tires. The pissed-off redneck jumped out of his cab and landed right on ANOTHER NAIL!! Then Vito’s goat tried to bite the redneck as he limped, screaming, into his own house!!!
    Vito called the cops and filed a complaint alleging his neighbor was leaving old planks with rusty nails on his (Vito’s) front yard!!!

• ocalarob says:

Not a good idea, If anyone get’s hurt on my property i get sued, even if a robber hurt himself trying to break in i get sued. I doubt the moron will come back on my yard.

• 13kvFINS says:

Datt shit hurts Mann

As a 8 year old taking a walk with my dad we came across this tree fort in the middle of an empty field, no houses anywhere near the area,
      Being a little boy I ran to the tree full speed, took several steps and received more than 1O deep punctures in both feet through my brand new Keds..

Dad couldn’t even get to me, had to put nearby nailess plywood down so he couldn get me and raise me straight up off the nails..

DATT SHIT HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else think this week feels exceptionally long?

It’s only Tuesday 😣

I think all 3 back up QBs are good

Moore was too nervous in the pocket

hmmmm funny in a trollish kinda way

Just remember, many here respect Bat. When we signed Matt Moore he said (paraphrasing) something like oh great we just signed a piece of garbage QB to backup Henne, all is good now. LOL

If David Fales is Case Keenum light we’re okay at backup QB. 🙂

Not true Tim, a good team doesn’t turn the ball over, because they don’t have to take unnecessary risk to score. When you suck you have to take more risk, therefore TOs.

Sure there’s going to be times when it just doesn’t go your way and you turn it over, and you lose, but that’s the exception.

I basically said the same thing. Bottom line is this!

Team A turns it over 3 times, team B once. Who wins the highest pct. of games?

You’re not saying the same thing as me, you’re saying the same thing as the national media.

It’s like saying we win when we run X amount of times, but when are we running? When we’re winning, we weren’t winning, because we were running.

Has nothing to do with the media. It’s about the game. Turnovers change games.

I never said they didn’t, I said overrated.

FAU’s star shortstop Tyler Frank was drafted in the second round by the Tampa Bay Rays. Frank hit for power, average and, especially, he hit in the clutch for 3 years at FAU. However, it was his stellar defense that first attracted the Rays. I would not be surprised if Frank is the Rays’ starting shortstop two years from now.

Cutler turned the ball over early and often, the game after we beat the Cheats, Buff I think, and it directly related to the loss, but what I’m saying is you have other games where a team will turn the ball over in a meaningless fashion during the early part of the game, and lose the TO battle because of it and lose the game.

Other games where a team is trailing by more than 7 and turns it over late, because their only chance to win is by being overly aggressive.

Then some JA in the media will say, team A lost the TO battle…

I could go on and on, but you get the point, TOs are just a stat, so by themselves, like other stats they’re overrated.

NEW BLOG UP!

ORob, another thing you can do, if you know your neighbor has more than the legal amount of yard sales is report him to IRS. They’ll come out and investigate it, and most likely talk to other neighbors.