I woke up early this morning and glanced at the clock behind my bed. The clock notified me it was only 7:26AM and since I’m off from work on Wednesdays, I decided to try and fall back asleep. This is the time when the mind wanders as you try and hypnotize yourself to fall back asleep. Damn the football side of my brain, because now I’m starting to really think about Josh Rosen and if he’s worth not only the Dolphins interest, but my interest as well. I tried to remain as unbiased as I possibly could, and think of the positives and potential positives of Josh Rosen on the Miami Dolphins.

Last year the Dolphins held the #11 pick and there was just the usual speculation of the Dolphins possibly taking a QB, nothing overwhelming in that direction. At this juncture, Ryan Tannehill was mostly recovered from his ACL tear and there was optimism that Tannehill could return to the form of the 2016 season where he played his best football as a Miami Dolphin. As it turns out, 4 QB’s were chosen before the Dolphins picked at #11. Baker Mayfield went #1 to the Cleveland Browns, Sam Darnold went #3 to the NY Jets, Josh Allen went #7 to the Buffalo Bills and then 1 pick before Miami was on the clock, the Arizona Cardinals traded to the #10 spot from #15 to choose Josh Rosen. The Cardinals traded their #15 pick as well as their 3rd RD pick (#79) and their 5th RD pick (#152) to move up 5 spots to get Rosen. Why did the Cardinals trade up to #10? The Buccaneers weren’t taking a QB, they have Jameis Winston. The Redskins just acquired Alex Smith so they weren’t looking for a QB. The Saints have Drew Brees and also weren’t taking a QB. The Raiders had Derek Carr so they weren’t taking a QB. Of course they may have felt that another team might move up, or they may have thought the Miami Dolphins would have selected Josh Rosen if he fell to them.

This whole scenario is somewhat important when trying to gauge both the Dolphins interest and the value of Josh Rosen. Numerous reports came out after the draft that the Dolphins had no interest in Josh Rosen, but is that entirely true? Is it possible that they just said that to calm the fan base that so desperately wanted a new QB and felt that Tannehill wasn’t the answer? If the Cardinals hadn’t traded up in front of the Dolphins, would the Dolphins have selected Josh Rosen as their new QB? I don’t know and neither do you but I’m sure Chris Grier knows. It’s a little amusing that this article itself was spawned from a report about Kyler Murray that Charlie Casserly released about how poorly Murray fared in team interviews. I don’t know the veracity of that report, yet another report from Daniel Jeremiah indicated that the Cardinals were just thrilled with Murray in their interview. If that’s the case, then it’s safe to assume that Kliff Kingsbury and the Arizona Cardinals want Kyler Murray and will take him with their #1 pick, which of course then makes last years #10 pick, Josh Rosen, expendable.

So what about Josh Rosen? He played on an awful team and to be fair, Steve Wilkes, a first time HC was fired after just one season. That’s a rarity in the NFL. Byron Leftwich, a 1st time Offensive Coordinator and Mike McCoy shared that post. David Johnson made his return from a broken wrist that forced him to miss 15 games of the ’17 season. David Johnson had a down year from the monster seasons he previously put up. He didn’t even break the 1000 yard mark rushing, averaging a paltry 3.6 YPC. He did score 10 TD’s, 7 rushing, 3 receiving, but Johnson had over 300 total touches, so 10 TD’s is basically a TD every 30 touches. The receiving corps was led by future HOF WR Larry Fitzgerald, and then not much else. Rookie WR Christian Kirk, Chad Williams, Trent Sherfield and J.J. Nelson. I mean, besides Fitz and Kirk, what else is there? At TE it was a combo of Jermaine Gresham and Ricky Seals-Jones, and the 2 TE’s combined for 43 receptions and less than 400 yards. My question is, was this all Josh Rosen’s fault, or was he playing on a really poor team with an unprepared first time HC that got fired after 1 season?

During draft time last year, the knocks on Rosen were that he wasn’t always coachable, and some even questioned his heart, as to whether he was fully committed to the game because he came from a wealthy family and he didn’t need to play football. As far as talent was concerned, I recall many experts stating that Josh Rosen was the most NFL ready QB of the group. He had full understanding of his offense and was very intelligent and could quickly digest and comprehend any NFL offense. He played in 30 games for UCLA completing just over 60% of his passes with 59 TD’s and 26 INT’s. Not great by any means.

One impressive stat that stands out to me was Rosen completed 63% of his passes in 2017 for UCLA while being blitzed. He possesses excellent footwork and throwing mechanics. In 2017, his receivers dropped 31 passes which of course negatively impacted his completion %. He has excellent touch on his passes and also throws receivers open, and also stands strong in the pocket. The negatives are he has a slight frame and is an injury concern. His arm talent and arm strength are below average. He only completed 42% of his passes when throwing on the run. He sounds like the Anti-Tannehill. He does all the things Tannehill can’t do, and none of the things Tannehill can.

I didn’t write this article to make a case for the Dolphins to trade for Josh Rosen. I wrote it to give a little information and background in order to be objective about the possibility. I really don’t believe that Rosen is an NFL failure. His below average arm would have to be in the right system, but we’ve seen a QB with a below average arm and lots of intelligence succeed right here in Miami when Chad Pennington was here. Tom Brady himself was considered to have a below average arm, and the fact that most of his throws are short crossers adds to the credibility of that, although I believe that Tom Brady works so hard, his arm is probably better now than when he was drafted. I reiterate, we don’t know if Rosen is available, but if he is, keep an open mind.

1,267 Responses to Josh Rosen – Should the Dolphins be interested if the Cardinals are looking to move him?

I’m beginning to think Zona isn’t serious but if so, someone will offer at least a 2nd for Rosen. QBs are worth more than Warner and others are saying. This is a 1st round talent from last year mismanaged by a terrible organization. He may even garner a 1st but a 2nd sounds more realistic since he will need lots of coaching after last year. A 2nd gives him time to sit without the pressure a 1st would engender.

2. Personally, I think it would be great if we could get Rosen for a 3rd rd pick but it ain’t happening. IF ARI is really looking to trade him he’s going to fetch more than that. The guy is a bona fide 1st rd pick at QB and they’re not going to get anything more than a 3rd?

I find that hard to believe. He’s light years ahead of what we had at QB the last 7 yrs. I’d be all in on giving up a high 2020 pick for him if it would get it done to conserve this year’s pick but even if we had to give up a 1st this year it’s going to cost us less than what it would cost us to move up and get one this year.

Sure, there’s going to be other qb’s who fall to us at #13 but are they worth it in the 1st ? If we were to move up to get Haskins it’s going to cost us our #13 plus at LEAST 2 more picks to get it done.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all that when all is said and done that you’re right, that they get a 1st RD pick

3. BailBondMike says:

I don’t want Rosen unless it is for a straight up trade for T-hill.

4. BailBondMike says:

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Ferrell, Clelin, DE, Clemson (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Biadasz, Tyler, C, Wisconsin (A)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Christmas, Demarcus, DT, Florida State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Boykin, Miles, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 17: Baity Jr, Derrick, CB, Kentucky (A+)

Don’t want Haskins at 13 either.

I do!

• pheloniusphish says:

He’s a serious project. Redshirted 2016, then spent 2017 as back up to JT Barrett. JT who!?! You don’t think Urban Myer would have played him if he wasn’t better than Barrett?

• New Age says:

All QBs in every draft are serious projects. JT Barrett was very successful for OSU. Coaches F up all the time. He’s no Mayfield and no one has seen how he will be planned against, but he’s talented.

• pheloniusphish says:

Some are more serious projects than others. Mayfield was a four year starter. Luck was a four year starter. Mahomes, ditto. Haskins started one year. only played two years in college.

Phelon – We have time. That’s why a project QB is fine. We’re not ready to compete for anything this year and maybe not next year, so let him develop and compete for a job. If he beats out Falk and Rudock, let hi start and he’ll learn. I think it’s ideal really. I think he has plus talent.

• pheloniusphish says:

I agree we have time and a project QB is fine, just not at 13. It’s not as if we have someone he can sit behind and learn from a la Favre/Rodgers or Smith/Mahomes.

He doesn’t need anyone to learn behind, I think that’s way overrated. They have so many coaches, a QB coach, the HC, he’ll learn what to do from them. I think that sitting on the bench and watching a pro is something of the past. How often does that actually happen anymore? These guys start right away, and learn on the job.

Tannehill played QB for two years, starter in both. He was a project. Where did that get Miami?

Phelon,

I agree he doesn’t have the experience and would be a major project. I’m willing to wait since I think the 2020 season will probably be the first year we see significant improvement. When did you think we would be at a high level and what are your thoughts?

9. BailBondMike says:

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Oliver, Ed, DT, Houston (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Winovich, Chase, DE, Michigan (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Boykin, Miles, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 17: Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)

Your Future Picks:

I agree with New Age. None of the QBs in this draft are worthy of grabbing early imo. The 2020 class is much better. That’s why I don’t mind the idea of getting a guy like Rosen as a stopgap and I don’t think he will cost as much as Prof Lou thinks

New Age – I think Miami may be somewhat competitive in 2020, but I see 2021 as when things come together enough to be serious contenders. I’m like ORob in that I believe they should draft a QB every year. Just a matter of what round. The team has so many needs, taking a QB in the first year doesn’t make sense to me. All of them are flawed and over hyped by the media (my opinion). Maybe Haskins develops, but I don’t think you spend a 1st on maybe when that first can get you either more picks or a higher percentage blue chip player.

I would rather they take a QB later this year (3rd or after) and target a QB next year when they should be picking higher. The only reason the top 4 this year are the top four is that the top two next year decided to return to school. And if that doesn’t work out, finish filling holes next yer and sell the farm for the kid out of Clemson in 2021.

I wouldn’t be disappointed with Jawaan Taylor, or Ed Oliver or Montez Sweat, but if they really like Haskins and he falls in their lap at #13, that’s a win right there.

13. BailBondMike says:

I’m bored at work. So I had a trade down fest. LOL

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 18 (MINN): Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi State (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Benzschawel, Beau, OG, Wisconsin (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 18 (MINN): Mullen, Trayvon, CB, Clemson (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 17 (MINN): Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 21 (BALT): Tillery, Jerry, DT, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 38 (BALT): Jelks, Jalen, DE, Oregon (A)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Henderson, Darrell, RB, Memphis (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 21 (G.B.): Boykin, Miles, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 11 (BUF): Robinson, Rashad, CB, James Madison (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 14 (BUF): Hill, Trysten, DT, Central Florida (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 17: Tranquill, Drue, OLB, Notre Dame (A)

So we’re kicking the tires on Dwayne Allen. According to Spotrac, his market value is $2.5M/year. That’s a very palatable salary, though I’m not sure we need him. We’ll see…

Do you think next year there won’t be any good DL or OL available in the first RD? We’ll likely be picking in a favorable spot

With so much talent at our TE position, we’d better find a QB who can find a TE when he busts the seam. Clearly, Tannehill could never do as much.

I find Allen a strange signing. One of the guys we have is as good as gone. Is it Smythe or O’Leary? I doubt Gesicki gets cut because of his potential and where he was drafted.

I wanted to draft Dwayne Allen. I really haven’t kept up with his career. Why did we sign him? Anybody know?

I think Allen is locker room guy. He’s a blocking TE. I dunno, maybe he replaces O’Leary, but Allen is 29 so he’s not here for the long-term.

We could also keep 4 TEs if we plan on using multiple TEs as part of our offense. You need depth. Allen was praised for his blocking in NE. Caldwell coached him in Indy and obviously the Pats coaches know him. Signing someone doesn’t always mean someone else is out.

Correct. We could conceivably keep 4 TEs, as I stated above. If not, someone could be the odd man out.

Competition brings out the best. In two TE sets Allen could be inline while Gesicki splits out wide like the Pats do with Gronk. We’ll see how it plays out. They obviously like his game.

Just for the record, the Patsies* generally carried 3 TEs on their roster over the last 2 seasons… at least as far as December is concerned.

Once upon a time I wanted to draft Allen

I think we have 4 TEs next year
    It makes sense

We probably are a run heavy offense
    We don’t have a lot of talent at WR
    And our QB situation is a ? And might be a rookie who can use help with runnning game

We have some talent at RB though

It makes sense when you want to establish a physical team and run the ball effectively. Hopefully we make Gesicki a focal point in our passing game.

I think FA/trade yields us one of four QBs, should we go that route…

Teddy Bridgewater, Mike Glennon, Tyrod Taylor, or Josh Rosen.

And Tim… like I stated to you last evening, I feel Mike Glennon could end up winning 8+ games for us… so long as our O-Line gets fixed.

We could conceivably be MOST competitive in ’19.

Well it’s going to take more than Glennon for that. We already know we have playmakers on the team and young potential so it’s not like we’re a team void of talent to begin with. We just don’t have enough talent. Rebuilding doesn’t mean strip it down so bear that you can’t compete at all. It means rebuild the team the right way yet everyone keeps looking at it like tanking. As long as that narrative is out there, the media will continue to be confused by every player we sign and draft.

That’s not what he meant. He said he doesn’t want to win 10 games make the playoffs, then take a step back and win 6 or 7 and keep stopgap patching to try to get back to 10 wins. He wants to be a perennial playoff team.

Sounds like Jackson is asking whether or not we are truly tanking or not. With the point being no quality QB might as well do the Suck for Luck 2020 version.

Maybe Allen is coming here to be a mentor for Gesicki.

Could be some of that or simply a seasoned vet for the entire TE room which is very young showing how it’s done watching film and through reps. Allen is a good blocker and can also be productive in the passing game.

Nick O’Leary does have experience being that he’ll be in his 5th season, but Allen is a more accomplished player.

31. BailBondMike says:

Allen is a good TE and I also wanted us to draft him back when the Colts doubled down on Fleener and him that draft. Still a bit of a surprise to me but no complaints. Hope to see news about resigning James before they go out and start spending more money. Losing James would leave just to many holes on the OL, IMO.

James is a UFA, can’t sign him yet. Allen was released by the Pats so he can sign whenever. Signing Allen has nothing to do with signing James.

32. Not a bad signing IMO. He never became the player you envisioned when he came out of Clemson but we didn’t overpay for him and it seems to be a fair deal. We’re probably bonusing some money up front and splitting the $7m down the middle over the 2 yrs so we can cut bait in yr 2 if necessary.

I liked Gray but, hopefully, Allen turns out to be more of a factor in our offense.

I like the signing of Allen

34. naplesfan2010 says:

We have kept 4 TEs in the past and so have many other teams.
    Last year we kept a bunch and only cut Escobar when we had those early injuries in the OL.
    We had Duarte on the PS but he got either poached or dropped and signed with somebody from near his home out west.

35. naplesfan2010 says:

The new TE coach for us is a former college QB.
    >>>>
    Godsey was a standout quarterback at Georgia Tech from 1998-2001. He left school as the program’s alltime career record holder in completion percentage (63.3) and passer rating (143.6). He went on to play one season in the Arena Football League for the Tampa Bay Storm, where they won ArenaBowl XVII.
    >>>>

36. naplesfan2010 says:

Godsey’s first NFL coaching position came in New England, where he served as an offensive assistant (2011) and tight ends coach (2012-13).
    As tight ends coach in 2012-13, Godsey tutored Rob Gronkowski. Despite playing just seven games in 2013 due to injury, Gronkowski still caught 39 passes for 592 yards (15.2 avg.) and four touchdowns. His 15.2 yards per catch average was third among NFL tight ends that season.
    In 2012, Godsey helped Gronkowski earn his second Pro Bowl berth. Gronkowski only played in 11 games as he dealt with injuries, but still totaled 55 receptions for 790 yards (14.4 avg.) and 11 touchdowns. His 14.4 yards per catch average and 11 touchdowns led all NFL tight ends.
    In Godsey’s first NFL season in 2011, he served as an offensive assistant for the Patriots and helped New England win the AFC and advance to Super Bowl XLVI. The Patriots went 13-3 that season, earning the top seed in the AFC playoffs. The Patriots were second in the NFL in total offense (428.0 yards per game) and passing offense (317.8 net passing yards per game), and third in scoring offense (32.1 points per game).
    Godsey came to New England following seven seasons (2004-10) at Central Florida, where he held a variety of roles. Godsey began his coaching career as a graduate assistant (2004) for the Knights before he was promoted to quarterbacks coach (2005-08) and then moved to running backs coach in 2009. Central Florida played in three bowl games and won two conference titles in Godsey’s tenure.
    As the team’s running backs coach in 2010, Godsey helped Central Florida lead Conference USA with 36 rushing touchdowns. The Knights went 11-3 and won Conference USA in his final season at the school.

37. naplesfan2010 says:

Godsey spent three seasons (2014-16) in Houston, serving as quarterbacks coach in 2014 before he was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2015. The Texans posted three consecutive winning seasons during his tenure there, and won the AFC South in both seasons he was offensive coordinator.

I wonder with an emphasis on wanting to be more physical in run game if we add a fullback this year?

39. naplesfan2010 says:
  40. naplesfan2010 says:

Also a great new passing defense co-ordinator / CB coach:
    gular season during Boyer’s tenure, the best record in the NFL during that span.
    In Josh Boyer’s 10 seasons (2009-18) as a position coach for the Patriots, he helped develop five different Pro Bowl selections and five different All-Pro honorees. In that span, the team had the NFL’s third-best scoring defense, allowing 19.4 points per game. Opposing passers had a rating of just 84.8 during those 10 seasons, the 10th-best mark in the league.

The 2018 Patriots defense played well against the pass, limiting opposing passers to an 85.4 rating. New England was third in the league in interceptions (18) and the defense, as a whole, was seventh in the NFL in scoring, allowing just 20.3 points per game. Cornerback Stephon Gilmore earned first-team All-Pro honors for the first time in his career and was selected to his second Pro Bowl.

Naples,

VERY good stuff above! Thank you!

The Dwayne Allen signing is an example of how most of our FAs will be. Players who fit what we’re looking for and not on big contracts to help with the transition.

Agreed. And note Allen’s age… under 30. I can’t see us signing too many (if any) FAs that are on the wrong side of 30.

I really hope MR. Wake is the exception, of course.

Agreed. 30 years old is not some sort of death sentence but I see more guys being signed who will be only 31-33 in 2021/22. They don’t want too many guys at that age range to start this transition now.

M13, I think you’re going to be disappointed about Wake. If he comes back I won’t have an issue with it but I don’t expect it. I hope he goes to the Chiefs who are switching to a 4-3 because they have a legit shot to get to the Super Bowl. By the time we’re ready to contend he’ll be retired. We also don’t play them this season. 😉

————–
    WOW! The elder Peyton Manning did late what Dan Marino did in his mere second season.

A-Rod and J-LO just got engaged. We’ll see what that means for Miami soon…

My 2
    Ferrell, Clelin (DE) Clemson
    Oliver, Ed, DT, Houston

Me too. If we sign Flowers in FA it’s Oliver at #13 if he’s there.
      Flowers, Harris, Godchaux, Taylor and Oliver could become something special. I have not given up on Harris. I think he has the best case scenario right now with the new defense. But yes, year three, time to be that guy he wants to be and is supposed to be. No more talk, only walk.

Defense:
    DL *Flowers (LB), Harris (LB), Godchaux, Taylor and *Oliver
    LB Alonso, Baker, McMillan, Allen
    DB Howard, Fitzpatrick, McCain, Jones, McDonald

This unit could be real good real fast.

Antonio Brown to the Raiders? If so check off QB for them early as that would signal Derek Carr is their QB. The Raiders have #4, #24 and #27. I say Brown goes for one of the two late round 1st rd picks. They go defense at #4 where the talent is.

Now all we have to do is send Howard to the Raiders for the 1st rnd swap and get Haskins @#4

naplesfan2010 says:
    March 9, 2019 at 7:31 pm
    iguanas run loose all over the place around here.
    _____________________________________________

Had a brutal winter a couple of years back where a lot of the iguanas died in s fl due to the cold. same with the snook in S FL, when i lived there i was big on Snook Fishing, that’s by far the best fishing. you don’t have to travel miles out in the ocean, they are the best eating fish and a hell of a fight!

March 10, 2019 at 12:16 am
    Defense:
    DL *Flowers (LB), Harris (LB), Godchaux, Taylor and *Oliver
    LB Alonso, Baker, McMillan, Allen
    DB Howard, Fitzpatrick, McCain, Jones, McDonald

This unit could be real good real fast.
    _____________________________________________

not too sure about Mcdonald, we need another CB play Fitz at FS

• BailBondMike says:

I agree Rob. I would like to see another CB drafted. I like the potential of Jalen Davis and Armstrong. McTyer not so much. Still can’t figure out why Tankersley has disappeared. Maybe this new staff can fix him.

52. BailBondMike says:

I don’t see why we would need a FB, IMO. We have like 6 TE’s on the roster right now. Will probably have 4 going into the season. Also, Ballege is 237 lbs and Bolden 220.

53. I don’t want to sign Flowers. I’d rather we pick up Joe Jackson and Ben Banogu if we can in the draft and go that route.

• pheloniusphish says:

Flowers is going to get paid. I don’t see him in Miami.

• He most likely is and that is another reason I hope they don’t go that route. I’d much rather get these guys thru the draft as much as possible. Even if we only get one I’d be fine with that. A lot of talent to be had out there. Flowers was taken in the 4th and I believe we can get someone in the draft who will be just as good, if not better.

54. Personally, I think the perfect storm for this team would be for them to be able to trade for Rosen and maintain their 1st this year, Haskins to fall to #13 and being able to trade down and get another 2nd or 3rd and still land Dexter Lawrence. THAT would be the stuff that dreams are made of .

Raiders need WR’s, and they did pretty well getting rid of getting a 1st RD pick for Amari Cooper last year, and now only paying a 3rd and 5th for Brown.

Brown will be a pain in the ass, but he’s still a great receiver, and whether it’s Carr or a drafted QB they will be happy to have him.

57. Montez Sweat
    Zach Allen
    Charles Omenihu
    Anthony Nelson
    Joe Jackson
    Ben Banogu

Just a sample of the possibilities for us at the DE position in this year’s draft

Brown to the Raiders probably means they are sticking with Carr

59. BailBondMike says:

I didn’t know we were cutting Parker. With his price tag this year it makes all the sense in the world. It seems they would have done it already if they were going to cut him, unless they are trying to work a trade, new contract or both.

Why does everyone assume Brown will do well without Roethlisberger? I think he’s going to put up pedestrian numbers and pout.

He won’t get those big chunk plays like he did in Pittsburgh, but they will get him the ball a lot though. He’ll probably have as many catches, just less YPC. Ben had an awful lot to do with his success.

I actually think his fantasy value at least may go up…. don’t think will go down at least. On the Raiders he might set an NFL record for most targets in a season. Doesn’t mean Raiders win….. but gonna see a lot of action. And he was already doubled in Pitt.

Naples — that iguana vid was hilarious. Was out walking the dogs and met a guy with one that must have been 45 pounds on a leash made of just rope. That means twice as big as my dogs, who no did not let get near even if dude said was cool.

Not sure if he was a homeless guy like with a pet… but he was most different. Said saw the iguana while walking around one day, captured, started feeding and found he was pretty darn cool. Had taught him to walk on the leash. Can guarantee doing that caused a big stir on my street.

Not sure if Martavis Bryant will still be on the Raiders, he’s a RFA, but Martavis kicked ass when he was with Brown in Pitt.

There’s been a few WRs that have had success with Big Ben then became meh when they went elsewhere.

I’m very interested to see how Brown does in OAK. Also curious to see whether they’re still in with Carr, or if they try and trade him and draft a QB

I think they’ll roll with Carr at least for another year. His cap isn’t an easy trade especially this year.

If the Jags pick up Foles, it’s definitely possible that Haskins makes it to #13. The Giants might take him, but if they don’t, the only other real chance is the Bengals at #11.

Denver could go QB at #10. Flacco seems like a stopgap to try and compete now and let a rook sit for a couple of years or start if Flacco struggles.

March 10, 2019 at 2:06 pm (Edit)
    ——————
    Mike Wallace

Yeah him. A lot of the big plays the WRs have on the Steelers are broken plays when Big Ben extends the play. Not saying Brown won’t be productive in OAK he probably will be. Not sure he’ll be as productive though.

Yeah, but Wallace was wasted by Tannehill who couldn’t him in stride 98% of the time. I was a Tanne-hater during that time. He’d have a couple of steps on his man so many times, and Tannehill either just underthrew him over really overthrew him, but rarely hit him in stride. It was maddening.

It’s not that I loved Wallace, I didn’t because he was an ass, but he wasted here. A more accurate QB would have a lot more TD’s with him.

That’s true and they didn’t have good chemistry but Wallace was also a terrible route runner.

Mike, Wallace had 10 TDs with Tannehill which is tied for the most he’s ever had in a season. He did it with the Steelers once too. But like I said above, they didn’t have good chemistry.

If he had 10, then he should have 15 or 20. I can just remember the discussions (arguments) we had here about those days. We’d put up replays, the Tannehill defenders would say he should have caught it, the Tanne-haters would say if he didn’t throw it behind him and give the defender time to get a hand on it it would have been a TD. LOL – I remember it like it was yesterday.

The issue was also we only threw deep like 1-2 times per game in Tannehill’s early days.

Wallace wasn’t a great WR by any means, but there was one season in particular where he really seemed to have dedicated himself to being a better teammate, and he blocked, he also made some nice plays on poorly thrown balls, but it was only 1 season. He was basically another diva “ME” player like so many WR’s before him.

We’re definitely behind the curve in rebuilding in the AFC East. We have lots of work to do. Every other team has their QB, we’re the only one missing one, and Jets have lots of cash and picks, and the Patriots have 12 picks, and here we are sitting with 8 picks and Tannehill. Ugh!

• ElephantRider says:

Not a fan of Darnold, Lady is about done and Allen will never be consistent. If we finally get one decent one….

I like Allen a lot. He is going to be a stud

I disagree on Darnold. I think he’s going to be a good QB. I can’t judge him by last year, who were the Jets WR’s and RB’s and TE’s again? Hard to name 3 or 4 total. I know Crowell was their starting RB for a while, Enunwa and Anderson WR’s and Herndon the TE. That’s just not a lot of talent there, plus, Todd Bowles was the HC.

Not sure Darnold is not Sanchez 2.0

• naplesfan2010 says:

I could be wrong, but Darnold has all the markers for a Sanchez reboot.
        (trying to agree with Ken)
        And after seeing how Gase scripts an offense up close and personal,
        I doubt Gase is Darnold’s savior.

It might work ok though.

I think Allen had pretty much the same issue in Buffalo, no WR’s, no TE and McCoy looked real long in the tooth last year. I think Zay Jones and Ro Foster can be better this season, but they really need a #1 WR. Clay is gone and they need a new TE, and new RB too

Brady will be Brady as long as he’s in that damn uniform. His demise won’t come as long as he stays there with Belichick.

I know it sounds womp,womp, womp, but it’s true, we’re definitely playing catch up in our own division, but if we draft right and play it right in FA, we can right this ship in a couple of years. Have to stay patient and don’t go off course. Stay with the rebuild plan.

I’m not concerned about it because we had to go this route. The way we were doing things didn’t pan out. We’ve got some good core young players to build on. Knowing we’re not going to win much the next couple of years is no biggie because we’re used to it so now we get to be excited about how we rebuild this team.

Yeah, that’s how I feel. I just want them to stay on the mission, and don’t get tempted to try to win now. Don’t go crazy in FA, don’t overpay anyone, just stay the course. Draft well, and keep doing that.

You know what’s going to be annoying though. Every time we add a player in FA and if we hit on our draft picks the doofus Florida media is going to say well that doesn’t look like tanking and now the Dolphins are too good to tank for Tua blah blah blah.

• New Age says:

I was talking with a Raiders fan and we’ve seen many times where a garbage team suddenly hit the right notes for success. I feel better about our draft than any in over a decade. This drat is loaded with the positions (except QB) we need the most help at. I don’t understand the Raiders fire sale but maybe Chucky must have his guys or he can’t coach lol.

75. BailBondMike says:

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    March 10, 2019 at 2:30 pm
    Oregon guys don’t do well in NFL
    ————————————————–
    We should cut Kiko then. 😉

Tim – I’m not even talking about tanking which is ridiculous. I just want get this team built right, with young players who will be contributing in 2-3 years when we’re hopefully competitive. That includes not spending $15-18M on Trey Flowers just because he fits. Stay on course! LOL

If that’s Flowers market range we likely don’t sign him.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I don’t want Trey Flowers and I REALLY don’t want to spend $15+M on him. That will be a Lawrence Timmons, Mario Williams level mistake.

No… Flowers is just entering his prime. He’ll be 26 years old in August. If the market for him is too rich for us we pass. But he’s worth exploring. He’s a very good versatile football player.

We’re likely going to eat more dead cap $$$ after Tannehill departs us. We currently have the #7 dead cap $$$ in the NFL, soon to be #1.

See, we MUST be patient during the rebuild due to Tannenbaum spending us into oblivion. I’d cautioned about Tannenbaum paying two players ‘QB $$$’, and some felt all was good. Now hopefully some of you see that we had to pay the piper down the road, and so it’s begun: it’s called/labeled a total rebuild.

The stej went through it post-Tannenbaum, and now we’re following suit. Our dopey owner just had to learn the hard way, SMH.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Notice Ross fired Tannenbaum.
      I think that was a really good sign
      of growth in understanding managing a NFL payroll
      on Ross’s part.

Agreed, Naples. Ross is certainly learning… albeit the hard way. I’m enthused that he ‘fired’ Tannenbaum (relocated him), to be sure.

You have to remember Tannebaum and Gase were brought in to win now and it didn’t work. We can easily have over $60M in cap this offseason by cutting vets who didn’t help us win. Suh and Tannehill are the biggest dead cap guys. Everyone else is no big deal. Then their dead cap comes off next year and we’ll be in good cap shape again next year. That’s how quickly you can rebound from that approach.

This stat drives me crazy

78. naplesfan2010 says:

The jests got Osemele and a 6th for a 5th? That’s a swap in NY’s favor for sure.
    Of course, they have to pay the OG $10M a yr, right?
    plus
    They still have 3 of the other 4 OL in FA even as we speak.

A lot of time these trades are about salary so you get something if you can and rid yourself of a contract you no longer want.

It’s not often I’ll post anything basketball here, but check this out!
    DAMN!!!

Being that we still haven’t released some players we are expected to release I have to think we’re still trying to make trades. Exhaust it as long as you can before you have to release them. There have been reports for weeks that Sitton believes he’ll be released but hasn’t been yet. Maybe trade options are there for him. It’s getting close “for whom the bell tolls”. LOL

On the discussion earlier abiut afc east QBs

I think both darnold and Allen are on their way to becoming disappointments
    Their pedestrian performances last year weren’t under the table
    I don’t think either are very good

I think it’s too early to determine that for any first year player especially QBs on teams that aren’t very good.

Allen’s performance was anything but pedestrian. Buffalo started the season as a laughingstock but after they switched to Allen they instantly became competitive

His running ability is better than people thought. Everyone knows he has the arm. He needs to become a better rhythm QB. But that you can work on. His physical tools are off the charts. You know who else was exactly like that? John Elway.

Exactly Tim. Every time I see him he reminds me of a young Elway

• If it weren’t for that running ability he would have had a terrible year. If defenses find a way to keep him in the pocket and make him throw it will be interesting to see how he responds.

He was barely over 50% comp with more interceptions than TDS
        His Qb rating was 32nd in the nfl and – below 70

He had a horrible rookie season

His low comp % in college didn’t change in his rookie year and there’s no reason to think it will

Compare his numbers to Ryan tannehills rookie season
        Tannehill had a better season

He was pretty bad
        I don’t remember a less impressive rookie maybe deshon kizer

• ocalarob says:

He reminds me more of a young Roethlisberger

• ocalarob says:

I wish we had Josh Allen!

That’s usual for some one who values comp %

His college and nfl comp % is rock bottom

Allen has serious accuracy issues

• ocalarob says:

I;m just going by what i saw,, he tore us a new ass hole 42-17, the team sucked and his lack of compl % may be due to his lack of offensive line and quality rec, but he sure made up with it in his running ability. I just think he will be good down the road.

• It will be interesting to see where he goes from here because, like you said, he has serious accuracy issues. Tannehill’s was bad at A&M but this guy is a lot worse and coverages in the NFL are a lot tighter.

So, not being able to hit the broadside of a barn in college isn’t going to help him out now that he’s in the NFL and it’s not that easy to fix. Could take a few years and it may never happen.

Piggy, I think it’s because Allen has a “just wing it or run it” mentality. He needs to be trained to execute an offense better. He may never be great at that, but his other skills will make plays that change games. It was his rookie season. Ups and downs. I saw a lot more good from him down the stretch. If he improves in some areas he’s going to be scary for us for years to come.

Well this is the last year of Kenyan Drakes rookie deal, and he really hasn’t produces up to expectations IMO, do we resign him next year? Maybe if we draft a RB this year the writing will be on the wall for Drake, I expect to see a lot of Ballage this season.

It’s possible between year 1 and year 2 Allen improves
    But if that comp % isn’t closer to 60% next year -I throw in the towel
    His accuracy is very questionable
    It needs to improve to make an offense effective

The thing about Allen is he has another facet to his game.
    he’s a big physical QB that can run the ball, that throws a monkey wrench into any DC’s game plan, it’s very tough to guard against.

he can also buy time with his legs for his rec’s, he went 5-6 last year with a crappy team.

85. I’d take Justin Houston over Flowers. Yeah, Flowers is younger and Houston is an OLB, not a DE, but I’ll take him for the pass rush.

86. I really think we’re going to be looking at the bigger, more physical DE’s than going with just edge rushers in the draft. I can see us with those bigger guys like a Omenihu or Nelson who can set the edge or provide a pass rush and can do it from the edge or inside and utilize our LB’s for the speed off the edge or thru the middle. JMHO

My comp % outlook is for drafting QBs from College, once a guy is in the NFL and has played you can get a better understanding of how he fares in the pros whereas a rookie coming out of college no one knows??

it’s a huge gamble especially taking him in the 1st rnd.
    so you have to have some order of criteria to go by when making that selection and for me the first thing i look at is comp %

His comp % was low in College

I generally agree with emphasis on comp % with prospects
      It’s why I hated Allen as a prospect

Generally speaking , comp % rarely improves from college to the pros

A low comp % is college is a big red flag to me

The thing about flowers is not only how he can rush the qb but also setting the edge in run support

March 10, 2019 at 7:33 pm (Edit)

****

I hear you
    But I don’t see it

Comp % is something I look for in QB prospects

He’s got a big arm and some times people fall In love with big arms

But those accuracy issues really bother me

Allen has to improve as more of a system QB. If he doesn’t, I agree. His talent is worth the investment though. That’s why I would draft Tyree Jackson in whatever round you think his value is. Same type of physical talent, but not a 1st rd pick. I love his character – smiling all the time and taking things in stride. But he has a serious side to him as well. He’s 21 years old at 6-7 250, ran a 4.59 and has a rocket for an arm. I’d take a chance.

• Jackson hasn’t shown enough, IMO, to warrant being taken any earlier than the 6th or 7th rd. Other than the fact that he’s a big, physical specimen he’s not shown the ability at qb to warrant what I see as wasting a pick on a qb. I’d rather we took a Stidham or even Ta’amu who both have shown some ability at the position and could have some upside if we work with them.

But, again, JMHO

• I agree Piggy. A lot of people see those big arm guys and fall in love with them even though we’ve seen plenty of guys in the past with big arms who proved big arms don’t mean shit.

A big arm with accuracy issues just means he gets it to the wrong spot a lot quicker.

What I hope we do on offense is emphasize the run game, utilize or backs in the pass game and get the TEs involved in the passing game. Establish that moving forward and mix and match players along the way. Establish the mentality and system. Same on defense. Don’t worry about we don’t have this or that. In time add this or that. Build the foundation in Flores’ vision. We don’t have to get “the” QB right away or another CB opposite Howard. I’d just let a bunch of guys compete and see if you have someone. Go heavy DL and OL with premium capital.

ocalarob says:
    March 10, 2019 at 7:22 pm
    He reminds me more of a young Roethlisberger
    —————-
    I agree with ya, buddy. Josh Allen does remind me somewhat of a younger Big Ben. His size, his arm, his running ability (which is much better than Ben’s), and his mental makeup.

If we went DL, OL and QB – Tyree Jackson I’d be happy. If he doesn’t cut it… okay, doesn’t stop you from looking for a QB anyway. Not many guys with his size and athletic ability are available.

I feel that of the ‘Big-4’ QBs taken in last year’s Draft, Josh Rosen showed next to nothing. Put on their tapes, and ya see Mayfield’s abilities on full display… ya see Darnold’s potential… and ya see SO much upside in Allen it’s ridiculous.

Rosen, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. That doesn’t mean that Rosen can’t get better, but buyer beware. If Rosen had shown as much as the other 3 QBs taken last year, we wouldn’t be having the convo of Kingsbury jettisoning him in favor of Kyler Murray…

• I saw a lot of upside in Rosen. I think he was trying to do too much on a very bad team instead of playing within himself. He was putting too much on his own head. His ball placement was 2nd to none. Very accurate and throws a beautiful deep ball.

If ARI was really looking to get rid of him I would hope we’d be there looking to get him.

I’m with the Pig. Just don’t think Allen gets much better. His accuracy is crap. As for Jethro Jet, meh.

95. So, do we see a major purge over the next couple of days?

• naplesfan2010 says:

Hopefully not, although the league calendar will force our hand somewhat.
      I much prefer our calculated, measured, controlled process.
      It seems we have been mehodically reviewing the whole roster,
      and I’m pleased with the results so far.

Replacing Amendola with Dwayne Allen is a huge improvement, for example.

One major decision a day is a perfect pace for me.

They are trying to trade Tannehill and re sign James. Both are the right thing to do.

• Well, we also need to consider the players and their opportunities. FA starts in a couple of days so we need to let guys go to give them the best shot at maximizing their opps in FA. It’s the right thing to do.

96. Personally, and it may only be MHO, I think Ta’amu is a better qb coming out of college than Josh Allen and he could probably be had in the 4th

97. naplesfan2010 says:

To me Allen is waaaaaayyyyy faster and more fluid a runner than Roth’b’g’r was even at 10 yrs old.

However, I think Allen reached his ceiling last year. Considering his life-long accuracy issues.

Coaches are simply not going to let him run wild like that this year. Why would they? Make him throw from a 5×5 box and he will beat himself.

With some guys the accuracy thing is as much mental as it is physical. Some guys (Favre) LIKE the feeling of gunning the ball into horrifying coverage. Their ball speed sometimes gets it in there, so they feel vindicated even when most of the time it’s a INC or worse. Allen suffers from that.

But the difference between Favre and Allen is night and day to me. Allen’s variable, sloppy wind-up delivery versus Favre’s picture perfect eight inch cock and shoot.

Farvre rarely threw an uncatchable ball whereas Allen throws them 25-30% of the time.

98. If we cut Kiko we save $6.4M this year and $6.3M next yr. Use that money to sign Justin Houston. I know he’s a 3-4 OLB but if we’re going multiple on D then let him help with the pass rush.

99. naplesfan2010 says:

I also think Allen will play differently after the first time some hard-hitting LB or Safety twangs one of those long strides into a leg injury. Or he gets a concussion.

100. naplesfan2010 says:

Lou
    You said it bro.
    I would LOVE to go DT in the first then DE in rounds 2&3 with Ta’amu in the 4th and OG or Center in the 5th.

101. naplesfan2010 says:

I think Rosen is only halfway to his ceiling. He can pitch dimes.
    However, if he does not get some quality coaching soon, he could bust out the league.

• Definitely agree with that. He made some bad decisions with the football last yr but I still think he was just trying to do too much to get his team going on offense. You can look at his stats and say he didn’t do much but when you watch his games and see those throws there is no denying he’s got the most talent out of any of the top 4 from last yr. Just need to develop it.

102. naplesfan2010 says:

btw
    I frickin’ LOVE Kenyan Drake. That guy is a threat to score on any play he gets the ball, and that’s not a cliche or an exaggeration. All he needs is a steady game plan, and we have an all pro.

Does anyone think that Miracle Play scores with any normal RB on the end of the laterals?

103. naplesfan2010 says:

I keep re reading the coaches’ bios and man!
    Just about every one of those guys has coached his men
    into dramatic success all along the way in their careers.

I know some of them were lucky to work for the pasties*
    but maybe just maybe they had something to do with NE’s success.

naplesfan2010 says:
    March 10, 2019 at 8:53 pm
    …Allen’s variable, sloppy wind-up delivery versus Favre’s picture perfect eight inch cock…
    ————–
    HEY NOW!!! LMAO!!! 😆

You DO know that Favre ‘sexted’ his cock to women! 😆

105. naplesfan2010 says:

Sorry my brother MF13.
    But i think the Cards were the worst team in the league last yr.
    When you figure their star is 59 yr old Larry Fitzgerald.(1 of my all time faves)
    Their coach was a one and done. Legit one and done.
    And both the Mets and Jillies had excellent run-stuffing DL to help keep them in games.
    and pretty good DBs as well

What was the strength of the Cardinals? Patrick Overextended Peterson?
    Bellichek had cut Chandler Jones. They have a 211 lb LB.
    Their QB play was so awful they had to ask a rook to carry the team on his back.

They should’ve at least kept Calais and honey badger.

It’s all good.

Not sure what the Cards have been doing, but it hasn’t equated to winning football, to be sure. In terms of Rosen? I think they should give that cat a chance to succeed.

What am I sayin’? I’m not willing to trade for him unless it’s a 3rd rounder (yes, I’ve come down from a 4th rounder).

106. naplesfan2010 says:

Justin Houston is tempting, but he is another guy like Trey Flowers who might be in major pout mode at having to go from a legit super bowl contender to a tankomatic rebuilder.

The key is HC Flores. If he can manage those egos better than Gase (and my grandma is better at handling divas than Gase) then maybe we can risk asking guys like that to start over in Miami.

Perhaps it’s just me, but I believe our FA ‘age-range’ has been set with the signing of Dwayne Allen. That is, under the age of 30.

• I don’t know. I think that Miami is a much more attractive destination than it was in the past with the structure it has at the top and the coaching staff. I think there’s a lot of players who will want to go there and play which is far from what I perceived it to be in the past.

• naplesfan2010 says:

yes I agree, but I think it might take a bit more time before lots of guys realize that.

I do think other GMs, former players, and scouting contacts are all spreading the word.

Soon, agents will start sniffing around like the jackals they are.

But it might take winning some games before quality FAs start thinking they’d like to go play in Miami as a viable career arc. Flores has never coached a victory by himself.

107. ElephantRider says:

I agree with myself on AFCE QBs

108. One has to wonder how much of an effect not having Le’Veon Bell in your backfield is going to have on Antonio Brown’s production.

I don’t know about you sometimes, Lou.

110. Some ppl want Tannehill cut after June 1 to save more money but I’d rather they just do it pre June 1 and get him off the books year end. They tie all that cap space up until after June 1 otherwise.

Maybe they won’t be big spenders in FA but tying up $13M in cap until June 1 just doesn’t make sense.

111. legal tampering begins noon today. so do we see more guys getting cut before then or are they waiting to see what’s out there first before they let guys go?

I’ve been reading that Quinn actually became more valuable because of the number of pass rushers that were tagged and the lack of pass rushers that are available now. Don’t know how true that is going to be but maybe we benefit by getting something for him.

The tag for pass rushers this yr is $18.65M and the Pats opted not to tag Flowers. Going to be interesting to see what he commands on the open market and if he decides, like Hightower, to stay with the Pats.

112. I just can’t get excited about the possibility of signing Trey Flowers. I just can’t. I’m also wondering if we are really interested in him or the media is just making that assumption because of our staff.

113. dcoralsprings says:

Going to need a qb,,,,

Try this year, wait for next year, maybe a late round, a sure pick, better class next year.
    I truly wish it was that easy if so maybe we wouldn’t be nearly 20 years into the search for the next QB savior
    Just sayin

• naplesfan2010 says:

I think also QB might be the most coach-dependent position in pro sports.

e.g. I don’t think Brady goes to HoF w/out Bill.
      e.g.#2 i think David Carr was ruined by poor coaching / FO work.

drake sucks on first down he left us on avg 2nd and 8 where gore left us on avg with 2nd and 6. a huge difference. you are mislead by his speed he’s not a bell cow and has no business on the field on 1sr and 10 unless its late in the game and were down by 50. there s a reason he was not used that much last year

I dont completely disagree with the fact he isnt an ideal 1st and 10 guy, but its like any playmaker, if he can go off at any time, that justifies him being on the field as much as possible. We need to find better ways to help him be successful on 1st down, instead of having someone else in there.

There are ways to do this and one of them makes it even harder for defenses to identify what we are doing, 2 back sets, where we can lead block if we need to. I think with Ballage’s size he would make an ideal lead back who also is a guy who can be slipped out in the passing game and also has potential to take the straight hand off and hit the hole as well.

There is too much you can do with offenses these days and the atheletes that are out there to limit yourself to this guy does this and that guy does that and making yourself predictable when one of the other is in the game.

you don’t save money by cutting tannehill post June 1 all you do is defer a portion to the next league year

We can start negotiating with Suh in under an hour!

lol man that would be crazy, pay him a current salary while he is still counting dead money against us lol. Isnt that like opening pandora’s box? would that not cause a paradox and tear the seams in the fabric of time?

He is my problem on waiting to take a QB. Are you sure all of those guys are available, i mean one is a senior, and he is proof that the underclassmen no matter how highly touted can return. What if they get injured, significantly even. What if we wind up in no position to get them without a sacrifice of a ton f picks to trade up. What if we get out bid on the trade up. There are a ton of what if scenarios that makes that house of cards come falling down.

You take the guy you think can help your team when you have an opportunity to do so. That also goes for a next man up scenario. When you find yourself secure at positions it doesn’t mean you just give up on taking talent there because you surely will be in need of one some day and that doesnt need to be the day you start looking. This isnt just about QB its about all positions, just QB is the most important so it applies even more heavily there than some of the others.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    March 11, 2019 at 5:19 am

———————————————-
    I think we see some cuts then because people are going to let those guys hit the market instead of holding them back and letting them fall behind others. Most teams are classy enough to do that for the vets that are being cut because of cap situations. The only ones that aren’t gonna get cut like that are the ones that they may still be trying to re-negotiate or work trades with other teams. I think we see Quinn moved in one way or the others sooner than later, there is a sweet spot in this first part of the FA period we need to have the trade worked out or teams will have made other moves and not need to trade for him. I think the longer it goes on the more likely we wont see him traded but rather cut.

I think Suh winds up with either the Browns or the Texans, unless he just wants to stay on the WC and then the 9’ers and the Raiders both have the money to pay him. I know the Saints would really like to have him but they’d have to clean up a ton of space to be able to afford him.

120. BailBondMike says:

Dallas has some DL issues and no pick in the 1st. Wonder if they would trade for Quinn? Maybe get a 4th?

One of my potential targets for us is gone. Fowler returned to the Rams. Oh and looks like Malik Jackson to the Eagles.

122. BailBondMike says:

Indy could be a possibility for Suh. They signed Hankins for last year and now Hankins signed with another team. They have a hole on the DL and tons of cash to spend.

Hankins was with the Raiders last year.

Indy will definately be in play but i think they have bigger targets. I think they might be in play for Bell. Thats gonna take a chunk of money right there. I for one kinda hope they get him, mostly because i hope to hell the Jets dont.

• BailBondMike says:

My bad. Indy did sign a DL that I wanted us to sign. Thought it was him.

I think we should use all the time we can trying to find a trade partner for Tanny, BUT i do hope as soon as its obvious thats not going to happen, that we cut him. Id like for him to have the pick of his places to reboot instead of being boxed into a corner.

Latest report is the team that has the most interest in new FA Amendola is the Pats.

I suspect the talk about Trey Flowers isn’t really based on anything except speculation of him reuniting with Flores

I just don’t think we plan on having any big signings

I dont think thats necessarily true. I think we have interests in him but i dont think we will be the top bidder if it gets into the 17mil range. I think we would be out for a while if thats where the bidding gets to.

He is a perfect fit for our new system, like build around him as an anchor type of fit, i just dont think we can afford to out bid everyone, and i dont want us to make sure we do.

If we can get him for 12-13per im all over that. 17, not so much.

Antonio Brown wouldn’t play for Buffalo Bills after trade, per report

Despite “positive discussions,” this deal apparently fell through because AB didn’t want to play for Bills
    ————————————————–
    LOL thats what ya get for having a team in one of the shittiest cities in the US!

son of a son of a shula says:
    March 11, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Who cares where he goes, I’m tired of us being boxed in the corner.
    —————————————-
    Thats my point though. If we dont benefit out of where he goes, then just cut him and let him go wherever works best for him. What works best for him also works best for the team in this situation.

Lol Son, if you are getting bent over that statement maybe i should switch my position and hope for him to stay just to see what your reaction should be LOL

If he’s our QB again, I’m going all in on Cam. I’ll be a new Panthers fan. I’m done, it’s unfair to us as fans to subject us to him anymore. They should have already fired him, no one is trading for him.

IMO it would be pointless and financially irresponsible not to cut him from a team perspective. As a fan, ill watch even if they dont, but im probably going to feel that this new regime is just more of the same. So ill have 5 years of not giving a shit about W-L games.

why? he is better than Cam

1 day and 12 hours before they have to make the decision on Parker’s 5th year option, so we will know really soon.

Sonny – Tannehill will be gone I promise. Just in case he’s not though, are you still going to the Fest?

There are reports out there that we’re interested in Tyrod Taylor as the bridge QB.

Kind of player that would make sense. Only thing am sure of is that our starting QB home opener will either be someone not currently on the roster or Tanny.

I’m going to the Fest but it will be because of you folks. He has to go, the fans want their team back it’s been held hostage long enough.

He’s a good guy Son and has a future in the league if he wants instead of choosing medical school after pocketing all that Ross cash. Would be a great Matt Moore 2.0 at least.

This made me laugh as Tannehill follows Son wherever he goes. LOL

It’s funny how Dwayne Allen was brought here to deliver the “Patriots culture” yet Amendola was cut. Amendola didn’t have enough culture in him I guess.

Can we please trade Tannehill to the NYG so we can draft Haskins at 11?

Kwon off the board now it looks like. Was a contract too rich for us anyways. 4/54 27 guaranteed.

My guess is he (Amendola) just didn’t match Patriot culture with Patriot pricing.

Whoa!!!!

Im now hoping he does go to Carolina. Then all we have to do is wait for a career ending injury to Cam and booya, fourth of July happens twice that year. Will work best if he was kept here, forcing Son to migrate his fandom there and then that happen though lol.

Honey Badger just gave a shit……

Anyone watch 60 minutes last night?
    8 people have been cured of sickle cell anemia,
    The thing about this is there was no cure until now.
    Cutting edge Genetic Technology.

The reason some have the disease is due to a letter in the wrong place in their DNA, they take cells from your bone marrow, extract DNA, rewrite the code and deliver it back into your bone marrow with the HIV virus, they remove the infectious part of the HIV so you don’t get Aids, once the rewritten cells are in your marrow it starts producing normal blood cells thus a cure for the disease.

this is just the tip of the ice berg, they said they can rewrite codes for 7000 genetic diseases!

who would have thought that a nasty disease like AIDS could cure all genetic diseases

Yeah they have been doing this a lot recently, piggy backing the DNA sample back into place using a virus. Some viruses change your DNA when they infect you so thats how they are getting it back in. If you remember this was the basis for the movie I am Legend, and the movie creators had found out about this back then, and used it when they made the script for the movie. Its been around a while, just now kind of getting public attention. They are actually using it to combat Cancer too, there are genetics that make some people somewhat immue to certain types of cancers and they are isolating the genes that do this and implanting them into sick patients by the same methodologies. Its neat stuff.

Maybe this opens door for a Reshad trade. Just made his salary a little more palatable

Mike,
    maybe they can locate the letter in your DNA that makes your pool shot inaccurate, you could be cured!

Looks like Snyder is trying to win the off-season award this year.

You guys see about the chick that wanted to take a selfie at the zoo with the Jaguar. Apparently it hooked her through the enclosure and was about to drag her arm into the cage for a snack but they got her free before it could do it but she got some pretty nice damage to her arm. The stupid woman climbed over the barrier, and got right up next to the fucking cage with a freaking Jaguar, which is one of the most agressive and dealy large cats out there. No Darwin Award this time, but pretty close to one.

They are saying its between 16 and 17 mil for Flowers, even though the details cannot be confirmed until league year starts. In that case im glad not to be the winner. I think he is a great player but thats too rich for us.

My favorite pic of a selfie pic. Like three or four people died in the NYC explosion, but…..

That looks like a doctored picture to me borders around the women dosnt blend into the background. Trust me im sure there are selfies that are legit that people took when that happened but this one looks fake to me. Need Piggy to verify, he knows more about that than I do.

Hard to tell because the photo is from the newspaper Stanger posted so it’s not great quality. I don’t see anything telling that it’s not real.

Saw the original photo and yeah the Post changed a bit to make them look closer or fit to page, but was still the same group of women taking a selfie with the gas explosion in the background…. they just weren’t as close. Maybe a block farther way.

Joe Auer died. Do you guys know why you should know who he is?
    OD knows who he is.

154. naplesfan2010 says:

Buff now has 3 oldest rbs, McCoy, ivory, gore

155. naplesfan2010 says:

So now we need to draft darrell Henderson in the 4th. 5’8 208, 8.9 y pc, 22 yrs, 4.49 40 Memphis state

156. naplesfan2010 says:

So now we need to draft darrell Henderson in the 4th. 5’8 208, 8.9 y pc, 22 yrs, 4.49 40 22 reps, Memphis state

157. naplesfan2010 says:

22 Tds

158. I know we’re rebuilding but if we go into the season with Tyrod Taylor as the starting qb I’m not watching a single game this year. Does not interest me with him at qb. Boring.

Then even if see him as a logical in some ways hope we don’t take Taylor then. The team (and especially the board) is better off when you watch our games and evaluate the roster. No one better at that than you in terms of football insight.

159. Jeff McLane

Verified account

@Jeff_McLane
    2m
    2 minutes ago

#Eagles had made inquiries into other speedy outside WRs, aside from DeSean Jackson, one being Dolphins WR Kenny Stills, NFL sources said. They weren’t the only team, but Miami had no interest at asking price.

160. Only 1 guy I’d like to see us pick up in FA and that’s Jags guard AJ Cann.

Nick Foles to the Jags, one of the most predictable moves so far finally getting reported lol.

Btwn Schefter and Rappaport looks like Foles got 4 years for $88 mil and $50 mil guaranteed. And he was top of the market as far as QBs.

None of the other ones will get long term contracts, the rest are probably 1-2 year contracts, and i wouldn’t think but a couple would get more than 10 mil per

I dont see Tyrod as a good bridge QB. He has a really specific skill set, so unless our offense is going to fit that skillset i dont see the point in having him as our QB, we wouldn’t gain anything from having him and then transitioning back to a different style later.

Sorry Stanger, that photo just looks bogus to me. Not calling you out, you didnt take it or manipulate it, im just saying it seems like a photoshop job. Look on the girl on the right hand side, look at her grey jacket, look at the white halow around it. it doesnt bled into the background. Look at the girl, second to the lef, look at a similar white halo around her hair that seems out of place given the background.

Bortles wouldnt be a good transition QB either. He is a guy you are looking at a reboot with, not really a transition guy. He be an expensive version of what we can do with Rosen, that might not cost us a pick i guess would be one upside. Still if i want a guy who i am looking at as an affordable guy who could be in a QB comp for starter, id go the route of Rosen vs Bortles.

If i didnt take a smart vet QB, on the cheap to be the transition QB, im just rolling with the nubs we have, and adding a guy via draft to compete, 1-4th i dont want a complete project guy, i want someone that has some promise, some chance to win out, and i just dont see that anywhere past the 4th this year. Id prefer someone rounds 1-2 to really start this rebuild with, but if we dont get a chance at a guy we really like, at least get someone that will compete in 2019 to start, and in 2020 with whomever else we select.

Wow!

168. Like I said before, there’s only 1 guy I’m hoping we sign to a good 4 yr contract, at least, and that is Jags guard AJ Cann.

Three other guys I’m interested in, more for depth and potential, are
    Alex Okafor, DE
    Shilique Calhoun, DE
    Adolphus Washington, DT

None of the three have done much at this early point in their careers but they may be able to provide some depth for us at their respective positions and are still very young and it’s possible we can develop them into something .I’d rather see us take that route than spend a huge chunk on one guy at this stage in the game.

In other words, if we’re rebuilding, find young guys in FA who can possibly have some upside but won’t cost much. All 3 of these guys showed what they’re capable of on the college tape. We may be able to get something out of them with our new staff. Low risk, high reward kind of stuff

I’m loving all the NON moves we haven’t made. #stayingthecourse

Love Suggs went to the Cards, weakens those f*ckers! Hate the Ravens almost as much as the Patriots, Jets and Bills.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13: Williams, Jonah, OT/OG, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Tillery, Jerry, DT, Notre Dame (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Allen, Zach, DE, Boston College (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 13: Hanks, Terrill, OLB, New Mexico State (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Robinson, Rashad, CB, James Madison (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 17: Guyton, Jalen, WR, North Texas (A+)

Lou
    He only needs to play Guard till one of the OT’s get injured!

————–
    LOVE Mitch Morse (#MyGuy)

————–
    Safeties are getting PAID this year, yet there are still so many solid ones left to sign.

They’ll (other NFL teams) take Bortles before Tannehill – watch.

Hello Ryan. The Bengals here, We’d like to have you in for a visit we think you might be a nice addition to our QB room. Do you know which division we are in?

—————
    49ers are my guess for Pearl Thomas.

Not sure if there are any teams left looking for a safety, but the salary won’t scare potential Reshad suitors at least.

Regarding Stanger’s selfie taking post…that shit is totally photoshopped. Not to say it didn’t happen, just that the pic in the paper was photoshopped. Ask yourself this…How did the paper get a pic of the chicks taking the selfie? Why were there no other people in the foreground? Or the immediate background? Where are all the gawkers who should be standing around…gawking? And finally, where are all the attorneys, circling like buzzards looking for “victims” to represent?

The lighting on the chicks is absolutely incongruent with the background. And I absolutely agree with your context clues, Bro.

The paper embellished it a bit. It did happen. I read an article about it and people witnessed it.

A photographer on the scene took the picture and sent it to the paper. I posted the real photo, not the one from the paper. It looks real to me.

• pheloniusphish says:

So the chicks get hammered for a selfie in front of a disaster, but a ‘photographer taking their pic doesn’t? Hmmmm….suspicious.

He might have been the paper photographer but if he wasn’t I think he took it to expose them as in “look at these dumb bitches”.

Adding to Son’s 4:46 PM post earlier…

March 11, 2019 at 8:38 pm
    Who is Field?
    —————
    That’s Brandon Fields’ single brother… HA! LOL

Seriously though, the “Field” is anybody else not named Tannehill, Bridgewater, or Taylor… such as Josh Rosen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc, etc.

And the photo on the paper’s front page is not one of the actual selfies. It was a total photoshop.

Guess what just crawled across my computer keyboard? An Asian Lady Beetle, dammit! It’s going to be a very long summer with these things infesting my locale. I hadn’t seen one for 3 years… and 3 years ago, they were EVERYWHERE!

Now I’ve got to find a way to pit the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (native of China, Japan, and Taiwan) against the Asian Lady Beetle. Who brought these funkers here to begin with?

I get extremely upset with these foreign bugs (among others) infesting the area, destroying crops and trees: this is eco-terrorism, in my eyes.

Who knows, maybe our native Dobson flies can help control this invasion. *sigh* 😡

I hate it when our players go to other teams in the division!
    Gore signed by the Bills. 😦

The Dolphins don’t seem overly interested in this first wave of FA. I do expect them to dip in during the 2nd and 3rd waves when the price comes down.

I tend to agree, Tim. And I think the key is under 30-years of age.

Yeah right around 30. Not sure what their exact limit is or if there is one. I think the idea is to not add multiple aging players, not sure it means they wouldn’t sign any player who’s 31.

except they doomed this regime already for all time by signing a 40 year old long freaking snapper…..

This SS headline made me spit soda out my nose

Miami Dolphins’ free-agent frenzy: Who’s coming, going and staying?

It has been SUCH a frenzy…..

(Thank goodness, this year it hasn’t been)

Carroo and Mike Hull are the Dolphins two exclusive rights free agents, they have until 4pm Wednesday to decide if they want to place a tender on them.

—————
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 😡

Not worried what other teams are doing even in our division. We know what our situation is. We knew the Jets would add good players in FA, they have a ton of cap.

Ant Barr is one of my faves, man! I don’t want to see him wearing that tacky green uniform, and as a rival of ours. Wish he would have gone anywhere but the AFC East… unless it was us.

Oh okay.

Here is one from Barry Jackson

Blake Bortles, expected to be released by Jacksonville, also looms as an option to replace Ryan Tannehill at quarterback.

Yeah because he’s available. Why would we want to go with a QB who doesn’t fit the leader and accurate requirements?

Those girls posted the selfies in social media

The one on the front page wasn’t a selfie though

The post isn’t a very reliable newspaper
    But that really happened
    I remember it

Of course you can’t take a photo of you taking a selfie unless you use a mirror like they do often, someone else would have had to take this one. LOL

Yeah it kind of sucks but we knew they would be big spenders. They were $100M under the cap. You have to use it or what’s the point in having it?

Stej probably end up with either Bosa or Williams because Arizona is dumb. That’s gonna be a hell of a Defense and Adams at Safety, sheesh.