So the NFL draft came and went in a whirl wind weekend. I think we made out pretty well. 2 major holes filled, or potentially filled, it’s still unknown at the moment. In my mind, the order of importance for me was QB, DL, OL. That’s how I saw it, and it wasn’t going to be easy to fill all those needs completely in one draft. For perspective, we used 6 picks in this draft, next season we have 12 picks, one 1st RD pic, two 2nd RD picks, two 3rd RD picks, two 4th RD picks, one 5th RD pick, and two each of 6th and 7th RD picks. We’re going to do a lot of fixing next season, and it’s not only a substantial draft haul, we will be flush with cap money, near $100M, so we will have plenty of flexibility to continue to add quality players to our roster.

So here’s what we did so far . . .

DT Christian Wilkins 6’3 315 Clemson Round 1 Pick #13

Wilkins was one of the top prospects on the DL in this draft. A very high character player with off the charts leadership abilities, he’s a foundation player that can set the tone in the locker room, as well as on the field. A very productive player at Clemson, Wilkins was a 4 YR starter with excellent tackling ability,. He can also get to the QB with 16 total sacks in 4 seasons. He has great burst and short are quickness, and should slide in immediately as a starter in either a 3-4 or 4-3 front.

QB Josh Rosen 6’4 226 UCLA/Arizona Cardinals Round 2 Pick #62 + 2020 5th RD Pick

Originally the 10th overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Josh spent last season with the Arizona Cardinals. Rosen started 13 games last season for Arizona finishing with 11 TD’s and 14 INT’s as well as a 55% completion percentage. It was a difficult rookie season on a very poor team evidenced by the firing of rookie HC Steve Wilks after 1 season. RB David Johnson was coming back after missing most of the previous season and was not the same player and rarely found any running room and finished with 1386 total yards in 2019 after finishing with 2118 total yards in 2016, his last full season. Larry Fitzgerald was really the only reliable target on a poor offense.

OG Michael Deiter 6’5 309 Wisconsin Round 3 Pick #78

Dieter was a 3 year starter at Wisconsin, and was actually a first team all-conference pick as a starter at LT. He played the rest of his college career however at at both guard spots and center. Obviously, Deiter is versatile and play most anywhere but is projected as an OG/C. Deiter neeeds to work hark hard in the weight room, but is a capable player who may end up playing sooner than later considering our depth along the O-line. He’s a good run blocker playing in Wiconsin’s pro style offense.

OLB Andrew Van Ginkel 6’3 241 Wisconsin Round 5 Pick #151

Andrew Van Ginkel was a 2 YR starter at OLB for Wisconsin. He has pass rushing ability and has 12 sacks in 2 seasons. Think of him as a Chase Winovich or T.J. Watt lite. He has athletic ability running a 4.56 40, a 38″ vertical, a super quick 4.14 20 yard shuttle and very good 6.89 3 cone drill. He’s a physical specimen that can hopefully find a place on our roster as pass rusher and chase and tackle LB.

OT Isaiah Prince 6’6 305 Ohio St. Round 6 Pick #202

Prince was a 3 YR starter at Ohio State, all at RT. Not coincidentally, we have a huge need at RT with the departure of Ja’Wuan James. He’s a project of sorts, not a natural knee bender and just beginning to improve with pass protection. I would imagine he will be in competition for a starting spot due to the lack of quality depth at the position with Zach Sterup and Jesse Davis. Another prospect that needs to hit the weight room (most do).

FB Chandler Cox 6’1 236 Auburn Round 7 Pick #233

Chandler Cox just sounds like a New England Patriot, doesn’t it? Cox played sparingly during 4 seasons with the Auburn Tigers. Cox was projected as an undrafted FA, but the Dolphins wanted him here. I expect Cox to make the 53. If the Patriots can get a starting QB late in RD 6, surely we can get a FB late in RD 7! Cox performed well at the Auburn pro day running a 4.7 40 with a 32″ vertical. Look for him to be worked hard to help spring the potential of our 2019 ground game, which should be exciting with the next guy I’ll discuss.

RB Myles Gaskin 5’9 204 Washington Round 7 Pick #234

Gaskin was a 4 YR starter at Washington and a very productive one at that. You look at his height weight combo you think bowling ball, but Gaskin is built more like a scat back, but he’s definitely an inside runner too, so he can do it all. Gaskin has 5323 rushing yards and 57 rushing TD’s in 4 seasons with Washington, along with 65 receptions and 465 yards receiving and 5 TD’s. This dynamo ran a 4.58 40 with a nice vertical. He’s got a lot of wiggle in him, and I think he’ll definitely be part of what I view as a very nice, diversified backfield with Kenyan Drake, Kalen Ballage and FB Chandler Cox. He has a lot of mileage but I expect he’ll continue to rack more up here in Miami.

In addition to our draft picks, we were busy as expected picking up a number of undrafted free agents. I’m not positive this is the most up to date or accurate list, but this is what I found . . .

• Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State
  • Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State
  • Tyler Horton, CB, Boise State
  • Deion Calhoun, OL, Mississippi State
  • Nik Needham, CB, UTEP
  • Montre Hartage, CB, Northwestern
  • Ryan Anderson, OL, Wake Forest
  • Wes Farnsworth, LS, Nevada
  • Dewayne Hendrix, DE, Pitt
  • Jonathan Ledbetter, DE, Georgia
  • Trenton Irwin, WR, Stanford
  • Aaron Monteiro, OL, Boston College
  • Rob Rolle, S, Villanova
  • Tre Watson, LB, Maryland

All in all, I’m really very pleased with the end result of the draft weekend. Am I looking at this through Rosen colored glasses? Of course I am! I’m getting more enthusiastic about acquiring QB Josh Rosen each day. I think he’s going to come in here and work very hard to be a difference maker, and although I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a swell guy, I think his impact will be more as a mentor than a starting QB. I think Rosen will be our starter in 2019, and I think he’s going to earn it all the way.

This doesn’t mean we’re a Superbowl team, we still have some big holes. Our O-line needs to get settled, and I don’t think we’re done there yet either. Once cuts start happening, there will be a few veteran OL that could probably help us and I expect to pick up 1 or 2 there. Same goes for the D-line, we have little talent on the edge and also expect to get a little help once cuts begin for the DE position as well.

No one expected us to rebuild everything in one season, that’s just totally unrealistic. That doesn’t mean we can’t get to the point of being respectable. I think we can achieve that, and not be an easy beat for any team. I want to continue to improve each week and see growth, and that will put us in great position next season where we have 12 picks, and multiple picks in the first 100, and likely around $100M in cap space. It’s very promising indeed! GO DOLPHINS!

#staythecourse

Josh Rosen’s introductory press conference

1,660 Responses to 2019 Dolphins Draft Summary – Looking at the season through Rosen colored glasses

Just put Wilkins at RT and be done with it, let him play both ways 😁

Don’t be surprised if he lines up at FB a few times as a blocker or to punch it in. Clemson used him that way. He’s a football player.

2. Just like I had to believe the brass wasn’t going to go into this season without a qb on the roster they felt was the future at that position I also don’t believe we’re going into this season lacking at DE like we are right now.

I really like the potential of the guys we’ve got on the roster right now but I really feel there’s someone out there they see that they really would want at the DE position who can really help the team and I’m not talking a high priced FA like Ziggy Ansah.

There’s probably some DE in his rookie contract they are looking to make a trade for and will use 2020 picks to acquire him. Again, I like Ledbetter and Hendrix but I just don’t see them sitting on their hands and going into the season without more help there. You don’t want to stunt growth but we also can’t just go into the season with a bunch of udfa’s

Agreed!

I think Harris, Elliot, Van Ginkel will be looked at as edge pass rushers along with some other assignments, and then more DE type guys in the mix as you mentioned along with Woodard and Carradine. I’d be shocked if we didn’t bring in more edge players.

Ansah would be about price. We’ll have a number on him and if he’s looking for more we’ll balk. He’s in a prove it point in his career. I don’t see him getting a big offer. His durability is an issue.

• I’m thinking more like an Okwara who was an udfa with the Giants and let go, picked up by DET and had a good season with them and may not make the cut with them this year. Again, just throwing names out there and not necessarily THAT player but someone who has shown to have the potential when given the opportunity and someone they saw as that type of guy in a previous year.

I don’t see Ansah however. Young with potential and a guy they wanted in the past and now is available.

Lou and others mention we’re better than last year, if that’s true, then it will be because of the team mentality and the coaching staff and not pure talent. The sum of the parts are better than the individual pieces we had last year.

I’m now on the OD dark side, show me.

• well, hold on because it’s going to be a fun ride!!!!

Coach Flo isn’t saying how good we’ll be. He said no starters yet. Fans and media have expectations. He and his staff needs to learn this team for themselves and decide who fits. It’s so early in the process right now.

• You always see guys who had tons of potential and for whatever reason didn’t live up to that potential. When you think of the list of those guys who should have been better than they were it’s a long one. We’ve had plenty on this team who were underachievers.

I also believe that goes the other way. I think there’s guys who for whatever reason aren’t given the chance to show what they could do and, if they were and had the proper coaching to bring it out of them, they would do better than a lot of people thought they could.

A lot of these guys have potential. Some want it and others don’t. If you don’t want it the potential doesn’t matter because you’ll never work hard enough to get it. When Wake was undrafted out of Penn State he went to the CFL and worked his ass off. He wanted it and that’s why he was Wake.

Some guys rest on their success they had in college. They think they’ve arrived.

4. naplesfan2010 says:

all due respect to OD who is correct in saying Flores has never been an HC anywhere before, he is a defensive coach. This means he knows how to stop people (Rams).

This makes being a first year guy easier because with a good D your team can always be in games and keep things close even in the 4th.

Plus he brings in a OC he already knows well, so it’s not like he has to iron out scheme and write a new playbook with a guy new to that and new to working with him.

The new OC arrives with possibly the most successful playbook in NFL history, at least top 5.
    They just need to teach it and fine tune the roster on offense that can run it, which they did by getting Allen at TE and a FB and a gadget RB in the 7th and a mauler OG for the short yardage.

Plus they needed a super smart QB who can remember all that crap and make presnap reads. So they got 2 of the smartest QBs they could possibly find in Fitz and Rosen. That room gonna hum.

steveccnv says:
    May 5, 2019 at 6:50 pm
    …But I’ll believe it when I see it, we’ve heard the same shit from every new coach.

I’m now on the OD dark side, show me.
    ———
    I wouldn’t call it “the OD dark side, show me”, I’d call it more like LOGICAL… and I absolutely agree with ya, Steve. We as the fanbase get sold the same every time… we’re just going to have to wait and see if it all works out this time around.

I DO have high hopes, but we’ll see! 🙂

• I think if we were doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result I’d probably be looking at it a similar way but the way we’re approaching this rebuild just makes a lot of sense.

Maybe we don’t have a successful season in terms of win/loss record this year. IDK. But, I don’t think we’re going to be a bad team, meaning, I think that even if we lose the games we’re expected to lose they’re going to be a lot closer, hard-fought battles then people thought they would be.

We shall see. Again, I’m very optimistic… and we’re not going to know much, even after year 1 of new leadership. We may get a good sense of as much, but we’re not going to truly know until 2020 and beyond.

—————-
    Seriously, I’m so VERY happy that the Stealers* got him, rather than the Patsies*. Tim knew that Samuels was going to be a versatile weapon: he was right.

Thanks for the props but his tape showed his versatility. He just looked like a guy who could make it in the NFL as a “multiple’. 😉

Good stuff, Wyo. Communicate, don’t hate and divide.

We have a very different direction, some of the old guard is gone, we have a lot of young players. Embrace the change and go for the ride. You have no other choice anyway. LOL

11. and when you look at guys like Cam Wake I think it’s very important for the coaching staff to deliver that message as they said they will. it’s not about where you come from or where you were drafted. if you can play, you’re going to get the opportunity.

I truly believe that will be the mindset going in and is one of the reasons for my optimism. You can be looking at the next Cam Wake but if that guy isn’t given the opportunity you’ll never find out. Coach ’em up. Get them in the weight room and put muscle on them and get them in the best conditioning of their lives and set them loose. Give them the best chance to succeed and, if they don’t have it, at least you’ll know.

but, if you don’t do all that you’ll never know.

12. naplesfan2010 says:

I am aware of “coach-speak” and the combination of the rosy glow of new HCs with them saying they will instill a culture change or new mentality, but this one not only feels different.

It actually IS different.

(Not to say we are one draft away from the Super Bowl, but where were the Rams just a few seasons ago?)

This coach is not trying to invent a new playbook a la Gase, or repurpose one that was successful because of back to back HoF QBs a la Philbin.

Does anybody equate Dowell Loggains’s talent with Caldwell’s? or Ireland / Tannenbaum’s clout and contacts with Reggie McKenzie’s? Or Matt Burke’s track record with Flores’s?

This HC/FO is implementing the Patriot Way. Not just in scheme design either. But also in personnel. He needed certain roles, so he drafted them. easy peasy

FB? check James White clone? check nasty mauler OG? check pre-snap read QB? check flex DT/DE? check

Look at how the draft was manipulated. 2019 AND 2020. Haven’t we all wondered how the hell Bellichik always manages to get talent in trades for pennies on the dollar? Now it is said we fleeced the Cards. It’s the Patriot Way.

• and football players. guys who want to play football. they weed out the lazy players who don’t want to play and keep the hardest working guys around rather than keeping underachievers and running the risk of having other players not giving a shit either.

when you keep lazy people around it becomes viral. when everyone is working hard it’s difficult for even one guy to be lazy because he knows he’s going to look like a dick to everyone else.

so, maybe we don’t look like much on paper but if we’ve got players it may not matter because I’d rather have guys who are going to go out and play hard every play and lose every game than some of the underachievers we’ve had on this team over the past few years.

It’s a core principle thing. You set the bar and you don’t go over it. At some point you have to pay your best players. But you can’t pay them all so that’s why you have to draft well each year. You have to have guys ready to replace, not create voids. The biggest thing to me for a new HC who knows he has this first season to learn his team and do what’s best for sustained success is a great phase one. No pressure to win but find who fits and who doesn’t. Then build on that through FA when we have plenty of cap and another draft. The 2020 team will be even more different than the 2018 team.

We’ve finished 6-10, 10-6, 6-10 and 7-9 the last 4 seasons. We got this! LOL

• and we lucked into the 10-6 season when Foster went down and Gase was forced to play Ajayi. but that’s a different story.

what I think the difference is and I think you’ve said it is this front office and coaching staff has a plan it’s going to work and that is going to be one of the key things that will determine their success.

I don’t think there was much of a plan in the past as much as they may look at free agents and say, “well, we need a DE, let’s get someone” and that was the whole plan.

this is different. they know what they want in terms of the type of players and they know the process they’re going to use to determine who stays and who goes and they know how they’re going to approach the coaching process to get the players to do what they need them to do. plus some other things as well.

but, the biggest thing is they have a plan and they’re all in agreement as to how they’re going to go about implementing that plan and seeing it thru and that’s why I think we’re going to see more success than anything.

I’ll say it again… Vegas is giving us 5 wins this season. TAKE THE OVER!

Lou, why are you talking about Cam Wake?

15. naplesfan2010 says:

I can’t figure out why Gaskin won the hundred meter in high school with an 11 second run,
    but only ran a 4.58 40 this year.

Is that what 4 straight 1200 yard seasons do to a guy?

He has a lot of collegiate miles on him but he’s not going to be a work horse in the NFL. He could become a great role player as a scat back. He has a ton of reps, he’s seen everything and he’s tough. He’s not a pass pro back which is why he won’t see a lot of time as a tailback. He’s a do what you do well guy – 7-10 touches per game.

Maybe he doesn’t get off quick, but has more top end speed.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I understand what you mean, Steve.
        But in his highlight clips, he seems quick in short bursts, but he can be caught from behind.

16. naplesfan2010 says:

I will be fascinated to see what Flores has ready for the young Ravens QB in Game 1.

Contain him and make him throw. He’s an average passer at best. He’s dangerous on broken plays when he’s on the move because his legs are his best asset. He has enough arm to hit a receiver down the field. He is not a rhythm pocket passer.

From what I saw from Jackson last year, he looks to run a lot. I’d have two spies (Baker and Minkah) on him one on each side and make him beat me throwing. If he does that you tip your hat – he’s that good. I want to see if he makes progress as a passer.

Why do some guys like Brady succeed and other guys seen as cant miss, miss? Brady was put in a perfect situation, and they played to his strengths.

This is what Flores has said he’s going to do, put guys in situations that play to their strengths.

Everyone we drafted seem to fit the basic mold of the patriot way, that’s a good start.

The other day I mentioned all of our rookies will make the team, except those that dont for obvious reasons. I believe it was Tim said which ones wont?

I was referring to no one in particular, but being cut for obvious reasons that were conduct related.

There surely is a spot for our 2 RBs, RT, OLB drafted on the 3rd day, spots are theirs to lose.

• naplesfan2010 says:

True and Prince really is the type OL we always say the pats get that exceeds his draft grade and holds rushers out long enough for Brady to hit Edelman / Gronk / or an otherwise marginal WR.

19. naplesfan2010 says:

Deion Sanders was in his hometown in Ft Myers to speak and work on the city’s problems.
    From USA Today
    “Sanders was almost brought to tears when he spoke about his mom, Connie Knight, and the long work hours she put in at Lee Memorial Hospital.

Sanders also thanked her for exposing him to life outside his neighborhood. He said she would take the North Fort Myers High School graduate for drives down McGregor Boulevard and to Naples. The exposure to a different life showed him what was possible.”

I realize a LOT of people despise Deion, but I really appreciate that cat. I think he’s a good dude at heart, despite all of his ‘show-boating’ on the field.

Deion is a good dude. He’s a unique individual and there’s nothing wrong with that. He created lock down corner in the modern era. Teams were afraid to throw against him. PRs and some offensive plays. He had amazing football game speed and playmaking ability.

Thank you for that, Tim.

Gaskin has good instincts and he’s tough as a runner, but he’s not complete as he gives you very little in pass pro. He’s not a burner either. That’s not who he is. But I like the addition as a weapon – he’s crafty and a good football player. Drake, Ballage and Gaskin looks good to me. Then we have a FB in Cox and maybe a hybrid in Wilkins. Love it!

The new team motto is smart, tough and physical. Team first. We’ll see who buys in and who doesn’t.

look to add some FA help on May 7th when the compensatory pick formula gets shut down

Kong – That article was great! Really enjoyed it! I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me even more excited to see him play

• ocalarob says:

I think you may want to curb your enthusiasm a bit until next year and let’s see what his 67.7 qb passer rating gets too.

23. 2 more players I’d keep an eye on. Ronald Blair and Solomon Thomas of San Francisco. Thomas could be cut if not traded. Blair could be a target as well.

The XFL huh???

Just found out Danerys likes Vanilla Lattes

Starbucks cup on the table…GOT oops

Pig
    The one who notice stuff like that, are the same ones that will be asking “why’d he do that”!

At the end of the article is a interesting take on the 5th year options and Conklin in particular!

Mike, Toba,

Glad you guys got something out of it! I’m starting to get excited to see what the kid brings to the table. I’ll go into the season with a positive attitude and some hope that maybe we’ve got our FO, coach, and QB of the future. The whole thing might still be a train wreck, but there will be plenty of time to be down on everything if that happens, lol.

Rob – I ain’t curbing nuthin’! You can coach a QB into taking less chances, cutting down on that sort of thing. What you can’t coach is a QB who on 3rd and 16 takes the sure completion short of the sticks almost every time not to do that, as we witnessed for 6 years here. I look forward to seeing more of a gunslinger, and I’ll take what comes with it!

Here’s a Q — could they try to get Myles Gaskin to return punt? With his quicks he has the close in guy written all over him if can catch. He didn’t do it in college, but they might not have wanted to risk or tire out their workhorse back.

Seat Draft complete. We aren’t as close to the 50 as last year, but boxed into a Fest section pretty darn well like in the old days….. and also cheaper. $55 versus $65.

Sec 320 (like the 30)
    Row 8 – Seats 10-19 (aisle is seat 21)
    Row 9 – Seats 10-19
    Row 10 – Seats 5-14

Could have gotten on like the 40, but would have been split up and some farther back. So executive decision was together.

Check’m out

Sounds like your thoughts on not signing older vets isnt going to happen Lou. Nick Perry’s no spring chicken. We still have to field a team, and while some might want a total rebuild, guys jobs are on the line.

He’s only 29. I think we get a little too hung up on this. It’s not like we won’t sign a couple of guys like this, it’s that we won’t field a team of guys like this.

• basically is what i’m getting at. we’re not looking at bringing in vets like we did with Gase and penciling them in as starters where we need to fill roster spots. and Perry is no guarantee with the knee injury from last year.

they’re kicking the tires. we’ll see what happens.

LMAO!
    Winterfell, land of warriors, dragons, and a starbucks on every hill.

Starbucks marketing room:
    “Ok everyone, we’re looking at expanding in some new and exciting ways. Has anyone here heard of the land of Westeros?”

Don’t try the new dragonfruit tea flavor at Starbucks

It’s really hot

Get yer Starbucks! Winter is coming! Check out our grand opening at Winterfell!

I think GOT has really gone down hill.

I think they got kinda sloppy trying to figure out the ending. I had a lot of problems with this last episode.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

How is it that only Missandei was taken? Who exactly got her, and how is it that more of that group wasn’t either taken or killed? That didn’t make sense to me along with the very casual approach of Daenerys’ army. They just kinda sailed in there and flew around like no one was waiting for them . Very shaky IMO. It’s also pretty clear that they want to make Daenerys “The Mad Queen”.

Well there’s some OG help?????????

41. naplesfan2010 says:

Nick Perry is the type who might be rehabilitated, rejuvenated, and re-signed as a mentor and rotational guy for a total of 3-4 more years … he’s a hitter.

42. ElephantRider says:

I’d be fine with Perry coming in. He played pretty good for GB until he got hurt. He’ll be cheap and serviceable. Let’s not forget where our DC came from either…

• ElephantRider says:

He averages about 12 games a year last 6 years. Hes not going to break the bank or cost anyone development. I guess just field a team of all kids with no experience…..

• we have Godchaux, Taylor and Spence at DT. We have Harris, Carrington and Woodard at DE. We have Tyrone Holmes and Jayrone Elliot at OLB. So, we’re not fielding a bunch of kids with no experience.

• and then you’ve got the LB’s Alonso, McMillan, Baker, the safeties, Jones, McDonald, Fitzpartick, Smith, Aikens, the CB’s Howard, Rowe, McCain, Tankersley, McTyer and Armstrong.

we’re not fielding an entire group of players with no experience. it’s great that we have so much young talent that we can develop on this team

May 6, 2019 at 2:11 pm
    Someone didn’t do their job. LOL

I wouldn’t put it past the producers to “allow” the mistake for some advertising money. Everyone is talking about it this morning. Hmmmmm could it have been a “mistake”?

That’s really lame.

A friend and I also speculated about that. It could have been done a couple of ways. Some crew member might have gotten paid to plant it, or as you said, maybe at the production level. I think it’s likely a mistake, but I wouldn’t be the least surprised to find out it wasn’t.

44. When I look at the possibility of Perry being signed by no means do I think they’re handing him a job. If they do sign him he’s going to need to come in and earn a roster spot. He’s never played a full season and last year’s season was cut short with a knee injury.

The his 2016/17 seasons were cut short due to a hand injury that required surgery. Although he’s been a good defensive player for the Packers I wouldn’t think we’d be interested in bringing him in and just handing him a spot.

But, we’ll see what happens. We may never sign him.

I don’t think any player will be handed anything.

• I don’t either and that’s why I think the vet signings aren’t the big deal that I see some making them out to be because we’re not signing vets to fill holes on offense or defense. We may be doing it for depth but I just don’t see them signing a guy like Ziggy to a big contract where they MUST start him due to the money.

So, do you guys think Daenerys will bend the knee to Jon or not? There are only two episodes left, so I guess they can solve the problem with a death or two (or three, four, five, six whatever)

I think she would kill him first. I think Jaime is going to kill Qyburn. I think Arya is going to kill Cersei and I think the Hound and the Mountain kill each other.

Bron was a real cocksucker last night too. That seemed a little out of character to me.

Sir Bron of the Blackwater has always been out for himself and no one else, but at least he’s always been honest about it.

Somebody photo shop these 2!

51. naplesfan2010 says:

umm
    jakeem grant ave per recep for career 13.9 yds
    albert wilson ave per recep for career 12.9 yds. overall, 15 yds. for the Dolphins
    jarvis landry ave per recep for career 10.4 yds. overall, 12 yds. for the Browns

pretty even

52. naplesfan2010 says:

I loved watching Landry play for us.
    I wish he had not said stuff when he left.
    That kinda ruined my opinion of him.

I loved Bron. That’s exactly how he would have done it. He’s a mercenary, and he’s always been about him. Friendship is for Fools. They’re talking about 2 or 3 spinoffs coming. It would be fun to see how Bron would actually manage being a Lord…because it’s totally not him. Another likely one, obviously, would be Arya. I have never really bought her as a cold-hearted assassin but it would be interesting.
    ***
    I didn’t even notice the coffee cup.

Mike E And Tim

Completely agree with you both about GOT going downhill
    And I don’t think it’s just a slight slide I think it’s horrible

Yes Bron is a sellsword but that was over the top

****spoiler alert****

And wtf was with Brienne last night
    A story about a women losing her virginity and to a dude who eventually breaks her heart is not a GOT subplot, it’s a lifetime movie

The whole show has digressed into some of the characters finally hooking up – if Tyrion fucks Sansa, I give up

And that whole missandie thing was dumb – they actually tried to make her dripping wet when they initially showed her caught and that didn’t make it any easier to buy

Also hoping Bran would be much cooler and mystical – instead he’s just a weirdo who wouldn’t notice if you fart in the room

All the build up to Bran becoming the 3 eyed raven for him to basically be catatonic

I lost all interest in it. They can do anything at this point. Not interesting anymore.

Only a couple of more episodes to go

Got to finish just to finish at this point

But it’s bad this season

This commercial is hilarious

Well, we’ll see tomorrow (or shortly thereafter) how hungry we are to bring in some vet FAs. I do not foresee any BIG NAMES being signed by us, but several players who are either depth or pushing the young bucks for starting positions.

—————-
    RICKY!!!

Well I guess that shows you that made for “TV” scripts aren’t as good as an original writer!

of the three more or less successful series from this genre (GOT on HBO, Shannara Chronicles on MTV and Legend of the Seeker on ABC) GOT has been the best of them.
      I have heard and read a lot of them doing EOTW by Jordan for TV or movies and a bunch of deals have / had supposedly been made but I haven’t hear of anything imminent I almost dread them messing it up like they did with Shannara ,

Well I never read Shannara as a corny comedy!
        So I watch it, but it hurts! 😉

People may not believe it but the books are way more brutal and vicious than this HBO series has even come close to. That’s, in part, what made the books stand out. They aren’t just like every other book. Characters are extremes. They break conventions and exaggerate characters’ foibles.
    ***
    All that said, I did not like the hook ups between Arya and Gendry or Brienne and Kingslayer. They seemed gratuitous and not in character. Should have never happened…but that’s Hollywood! Martin sold out long ago. Lol

MF13
    You can’t make up for Ricky quitting!
    and I will never put him up on a pedestal for doing it!
    Don’t even try! It’s a forgone conclusion!

It’s all good, Brother… and I understand that some will never forgive Ricky. Just also understand that some have seen him conquer the obstacles/demons that made him quit, so as to come back to us.

It’s a 50-50 split with our fanbase, man!

I don’t follow “Game of Thrones”… never got into it. But I DO have a question for y’all who follow it: is Emilia Clarke still starring in it after her brain aneurysms? She’s a beautiful woman and GRAND actress… I find it disturbing that she’s suffered through as much.

Anybody?

M13,
    She’s been in the whole series.

Thank you, Wyoming and Randy about Emilia Clarke. Glad to hear she’s doing alright enough to still star. Scary stuff that she went through, if y’all didn’t already know.

wyoming85 says:
    May 6, 2019 at 9:32 pm

Well I never read Shannara as a corny comedy!
    So I watch it, but it hurts! 😉

The only reason I watch it (the entire series is on Netflix) it because the two actresses are just damn beautiful

I’m not much of a ‘movie-buff’ or ‘series-watcher’… but when it comes to Star Wars, y’all KNOW I’m about it! LOL

So my first introduction to Emilia Clarke was “Solo: a Star Wars Story”. She played the character of “Qi’ra”, and she absolutely ROCKED.

Here is Qi’ra, revealing (the former DARTH) MAUL in the movie. This scene was pretty darned good, IMO!

I LOVE Emilia Clarke!

She looks like she just saw a ghost and was ready to cry by the end of the scene, despite her professionalism in speaking with Maul.

Gotta see the whole movie to appreciate what Emilia brought to the movie, though. She was GRAND!

Poppy Drayton is just soooo pretty

The writing and the rest of the casing was just awful though.

————–
    Nice skirt…

I do NOT understand the meaning of this so-called “Met Gala” event… nor do I really want to know, in all honesty. But if somebody could try to explain it to me, I’ll try to be open-minded.

WTF is this???

Alright, I’m audi for the night.

Looking forward to our potential moves tomorrow in FA.
    GO PHINS!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

Rosier sucks, but he’s fine for a camp arm.

Nick Perry has started 48 of 81 games played missing around 112 games in that time.

I hope they give him a really cheap offer

• I hope they give him no offer

There’s a fine line between putting young guys with no talent on the field and vets that may or may not be in the future plans. You dont just put some hack on the field, because he’s young. We dont have quality youngins at every position. Perry may not get much PT anyways, but the downs he is in on may be critical ones and cause the O some pisition confusion.

We’re young enough this year, let’s bring in some not so aged vets and fill out the team.

• Oh, so bring in a veteran hack

Bron went out of character. He saved Jaime’s life in that lake when he nearly got roasted by Drogon, and he dragged him out of the lake with armor on. He also risked his life to get a message to Jaime for Tyrion when he was in jail when Joffrey was poisoned. He went way over the top last episode. Not important, just my opinion.

After consideration, I think Jaime just wanted go to Kings Landing and didn’t want Brienne to come with him because he cares for her. I think he’s going to be an infiltrator and didn’t want her to get mixed up in that.

yeah, but when he saved Jaime he even told Jaime he did it because Jaime hadn’t paid up yet and he (Jaime) needed to stay alive until Bron got paid.

OK, so what about when he risked his life to get Jaime to see him? Hey man, you don’t have to agree, I think Bron really likes Tyrion.

Wyo – I’m looking forward to seeing Wilson, but I think the guys that will benefit most will be the RB’s and TE’s.

Number 3: Tom Orosz (1981-82); Stacy Gore (1987); Van Tiffin (1987); Mark Royals (2002-03);Joey Harrington (2006); Jay Feely (2007); Andrew Franks (2015-2016); Josh Rosen (2019- ?)

I’m hoping Jaime kills Cersei. That would be the best twist.

MikeE,
    I don’t think Arya kills Cersei. She just killed the Wight King, so it would be a bit much. Plus, it would just be more poetic for someone else to do it. Now, having her save the Hound by killing the Mountain would be sweet…..or revenging the Hound’s death by killing the Mountain. The whole juxtaposition of tiny little Arya killing the Mountain would be dramatic.

Cersei is tops on her list though, and she can use someone else’s face to do it. She also killed Walder Frey, so there’s that. She has limitless ability. lol

Mini camp starts next week – Excited?

Whoever we sign in the 2nd wave of FA is obviously a sign that we felt we needed more depth and competition at those positions. Just like in the draft, I’m just gonna go for the ride and watch how this new regime goes about building this team rather than saying we should have done this instead of that. The bottom line is we still need more bodies.

i have started a scale, i just wonder where some are on this scale????????
    Tim being very patient and understanding with this team, and opposite of Tim OD calling for the owners HEAD!

TIM —————————————— OD
    0……………………….^……………………..100
    ……………..THE MIDDLE = 50

Mike E
    I usually run about a 30?
    But then again I do understand what I can change, and what I can’t!

Rob, I used to be Tim -15 now I’m OD -20 does that make sense? LOL

I have been patient since Cam Cameron. I waited out the hated Fat Tuna years and I was patient, then I waited out the Joe Philben years and I was patient, I waited out SOME of Gase’s years and then lost my patience. So poor Flores get me as the founding member of the RDS.

O-Rob — seems whether you are talking about next season or the direction of the team. And this year two real different measures. Like will next winter be a bad one and do you believe in global warming.

And for sure OD will predict both. I’m more gonna be a bad winter but the ice will melt.

Like I said, we shouldn’t have traded for him. SHOULD have taken the best Oline at 62.

You don’t acquire QBs with this sort of thinking. You get the QB and do your best to protect him. That would be like the Colts saying we’re going to pass on Andrew Luck because we don’t have the OL.

• I’m really not worried about the o line at this point. IMO, we may be only one starter away, RT, from having a solid starting 5 this year and the depth looks amazing. To me, the depth on this o line is better than it’s been any time in the last 5 yrs, at least.

IDK, I just think there’s way too many people making way too much out of it. We can use pass rush help because I really don’t think Harris is going to make the cut. I really like Jayrone Elliot and Tyrone Homes but that’s all we pretty much got. Maybe Carradine as well. But, them’s slim pickens.

However, I’m still not sold on Nick Perry or Shane Ray. I wouldn’t touch either. That’s a desperation move.

Ok, so I used to be a 15 but now I’m an 80.

Why do so many gay men want to be Elizabeth Taylor? (Billy Porter above)

I’m probably at 51 right now, want to give Rosen a chance but his 2018 numbers have me leaning towards the dark (OD) side

Weren’t you a member of the old HDS? I don’t remember you as a patience brigade guy.

Come on over to the new RDS. Revel in the dark side.

I already expect another round of inept failure so anything better than just plane garbage will be an unexpected upgrade for me.

#RDS

I can’t see this being anything other than absolute trash. I’ll still give it a look when it finally comes out, but I guarantee I’ll hate the casting, the dialogue, the things they leave out, etc, etc. This ape has zero belief we’ll get a quality series

97. I’m at the left end of the scale with Tim. It’s early, we’ve still got some free agents they may sign, there’s still cuts to come from other teams, some of the other teams may be willing to make a trade and it’s only May.

Just like when FA was initially happening I wasn’t screaming for this guy or that guy this year like I did in the past. Just sat back and watched them work their plan and that’s what I’m going to do.

That Rosen trade and the way they played it says to me this front office has it’s shit together. I’m not worried in the least.

The front office has followed their plan just like they said they would. We all know they’re rebuilding this team in a different way. The past plan didn’t work. So what do you want them do, stay status quo? I don’t get the dark side stuff at this juncture.

• neither do I. we’ve all seen how adding a bunch of less than adequate veteran free agents hasn’t amounted to much in the past, yet, some or many still want to go that route so when maybe can win a couple of extra games this year and feel good about it.

I’d like to have another guy who can rush the passer but if we’re going to get anyone worth it I’d rather see them do it thru trade and get a guy they actually want than be forced to pick the bottom of the barrel that’s remaining in free agency.

Plus, like I said before, I really don’t want a one yr or two year vet who really isn’t that good to come in and take a job away from someone we could be developing. Sure, he may help get us to 7-9 instead of 5-11 but then we lose out on developing our talent and it puts us behind the curve.

I agree for the most part about the vet FAs but we do need bodies so it doesn’t hurt bringing them in on cheap prove you still have it contracts. If they get beat out by young players so be it. Similar to what happened when Jimmy Johnson brought in Jack Del Rio at MLB and Zach beat him out. Del Rio was cut because he didn’t play STs and then he retired.

I’m glad to hear that the WOT series is FINALLY coming to TV, but Damn it! It had to be Amazon! I am feuding with Amazon and refuse to pay $0.01 into that multi-trillion conglomerate. You can’t search for anything without Amazon being the fist two pages of returned data. FUCK THEM!

The ‘Mat Infant’ tweet is ridiculous. This whole concept of ‘if they don’t do this,the only answer is TANKING’ has gotten so old. Binary thinking is Pleistocene Epoch. Live in the now!

100. naplesfan2010 says:

I’m approximately a 37.52 on the RoboMeter.
    If we can find some solid help cheap on the OL in FA, I could get to the low 30s, but the lack of a real pass rusher precludes outright optimism.

Subject to change in the pre season if some of the UDFA pups show out strong at EDGE, but I doubt they will.

If Prince sucks, I’m more in the 40s.

101. to me, this isn’t about “patience brigade” stuff. if we’re in year four and still not doing anything at that point then, yeah, it’s a different story. but I can be patient and watch them build a team from the ground up and not be yelling about every free agent we didn’t sign to big contracts because we’d have a few extra wins.

I want a team that’s has the ability to compete every year; not just one year. I don’t want the best team money can buy and I’m glad they decided to do this the right way this time around rather than going out and bringing in other teams rejects like they did in the past.

And just an FYI. Statistically, the Rams D was actually worse last year with Suh than it was the year before without him.

This is basically where I’m at. We’re in month 4 of a rebuild, lol. Why do people think we’re going to solve everything in 6 months? If it was as simple as sign all the best players for every position…well everyone would do it. I’m willing to wait and see what kind of team this new regime fields before I start ripping what they do.

Back to that infant tweet, if we beefed up the line and hadn’t gotten a potential QB, then the narrative from some people would be “clearly we’re tanking, since we didn’t get a QB other than Fitz”. (And by some people I’m not poking at people on this board, but rather at the proverbial ‘they’.)

Exactly! ‘They’ can’t wrap their head around what a rebuild is. They have to use idiotic words like tank to create drama. I really hope Rosen wins the starting job, plays well and we’re winning enough games to end the tanking narrative.

Suh is not the same player he once was. I thought he looked disinterested at times during the season. He gave up on plays when he missed the first time.

He’s more interested on building his portfolio and becoming a billionaire. He should talk to David to get some keen stock tips.

I agree. If he doesn’t get a contract he feels is worth it to play I would not be surprised if he retires.

When you have 20 things to accomplish and you’re in year one of a rebuild, there are going to be things you can’t fully address. That’s just the realistic fact. That doesn’t mean the things you haven’t yet addressed aren’t important to you, but with one draft with less than 8 picks, and a strategy in place not to overspend in FA, we did pretty well so far. We got a QB, we drafted a very good DT prospect who is a leader on and off the field. We also might have filled holes on the O-line with mid and later RD picks, but that remains to be seen.

I feel pretty good about Deiter and he’s versatile. He’s played C, G and T. I also think our sleeper pick could be Van Ginkel as a pass rusher. I do believe Gaskin will be productive in a RB by committee approach. If Cox can provide STs and the FB role when called on that’s a win too. Prince is a guy we all hope will pan out but he’s coming off a senior season where he struggled so he might need some development before he’s considered a starter.

I feel good about getting him too, but neither of us know whether he’s ready to start, and if he starts, whether he can be effective. Same goes for Prince. Gaskins will definitely help immediately and Cox too.

Yeah at worst Deiter gives a depth flexibility if he’s not ready to start right away.

104. I’ve looked at all the FA’s available. Give me Jihad Ward at DE. that’s the best I can do. At least there may be some potential there.

Shane Ray and Nick Perry don’t interest me in the slightest.

The problem with Shane Ray is he’s had 4 wrist surgeries. Nick Perry was released by the Packers so we don’t have to wait until after midnight to sign him so it won’t impact the compensatory formula. My guess is if we do sign him to compete it will be a bargain deal.

It’s kind of easy to draft good, when you have so many holes, including the 2 7th round RBs.

106. the problem with Shane Ray is he’s from Missouri.

I don’t know what it is about Misery (Missouri) players over the last decade or so, but that university seems to be cursed. I wouldn’t touch a player from Misery for quite some time, but that’s just me.

He did have 8 sacks his 2nd season but his wrist issues basically derailed his career.

As for what you were talking about earlier with personnel and going young over has beens, rookie minicamp is Thursday thru Sunday so the coaches get a glimpse of what they have at this level. That will help them a bit in how they go about scouring the waiver wires and FAs still out there. Step by step in the process.

Chris Grier so far has done everything he said he believes in on how to rebuild a team. Clearing cap space with vets that weren’t helping the team succeed. Making some trades for future draft capital and no big FA signings. He even landed last year’s #10 pick QB for a low 2nd after trading down and acquiring another 2nd in 2020. We had to give up a 2020 5th. For a potential franchise QB, that’s a no-brainer and Rosen’s salary is so manageable for the next 3-4 years. I know I’m 100% positive scale guy lol, but when you look at how he’s managed the early phases of this, it’s brilliant.

• I’m interested to see where they go from here. I know I’m going to be surprised with what the front office does when it comes to adding talent to the team between now and preseason and even before the trade deadline.

I’m sure they’ll be active in some way because they’re going to continue to build throughout the year and not just stop at any particular point. Just because it’s a rebuild doesn’t mean they stop once the preseason hits and then just sit back and wait until the beginning of FA next year.

But, I’m just going to sit back and enjoy it and wait until the season. I’ve got no favorites as to who I really want them to sign or trade for and no favs in camp either. I just want to see a bunch of players with a shot go out there and take their best shot and not give up. I like the underdogs and love it when one of them makes it. Hopefully, we’ve found some guys that surprise us and do more than we expect them to do.

wyoming85 says:
    May 7, 2019 at 8:29 pm
    I’m pretty sure that some folks Prejudices would have let Minka walk out of our lives also??????????
    ————-
    LOL! You have a very good memory, my man! Minkah has now broken my prejudice of Alabama DBs. SO GLAD that we took him, and he’s just getting warmed up!

Good call(!), but I still frown on Misery players until proven wrong.

I guess Misery (Missouri) players are going to have to SHOW ME, being they come from the ‘Show Me’ state! 😀

Ah, yes… Matty I (“Infant”, as Cav Kong very well stated). I’m not a fan of his, and he’s not a fan of mine. I’ve railed against him pretty hard in the past on here, and I’ve challenged him on Twitter several times. He’s another ‘wanna be’ with a huge ego, very thin skin, with very subjective opinions… most often aligned with the flavor of the month to sellout.

He’s WEAK, but that’s JMO. I don’t even bother to engage him any longer… he’ll hang himself.

Yes pass on a chance to land a young QB with talent at a bargain because you don’t have everything around him just yet. LOL

• the only thing I can say about him is I’ve been blocked by Fahey, CK Parrott and several of the other wanna be’s because I’ve disagreed with their points of view or called them out on something but he’s the only one who hasn’t blocked me. I don’t agree with a lot of his stuff and I’ll let him know but at least he doesn’t run home to mommy.

It’s just information to chew on!
      I’ll pass it all on , Good or Bad!
      Doesn’t mean I agree with it!

No problem here, my man! It’s all good. I’ll never tell people what to post or what not to post. I’m actually happy that you posted Matty I’s tweet here. We got a good sample size of what people think of his “tank” opinion here.

LOL I actually thought this when this scene happened.

111. someone on Twitter just put things into perspective. Jimmy G signed a 5 yr, $137,500,000 contract and he’s started less games than Mayfield, Darnold or Rosen. And what exactly has he done to this point?

He was Tom Lady’s understudy? I dunno, but we all know how that’s worked out for so many other Tom Lady understudies… FAILURE.

don’t know. Why did Matt Cassel get 62 mil from KC?

I think they gave him that contract way too early. Problem was they traded a 2nd rd pick for him in the 4th year of his contract. He was a UFA the next year and whether you agree or not, other teams would have signed him to big money. The 49ers had to be all in with him. He got hurt and missed a big portion of the season. It doesn’t look good now but we’ll see.

Compare that to how we obtained Rosen for 3-4 years at pennies on the dollar. 🙂

So as it stands right now our draft next year looks like this – 1., 2a., 2b., 3., 4a., 4b., 6a., 6b. and 7. We’re projected to get a 3rd (James) and a 5th (Wake) with compensatory picks. We’ll have a ton of cap space too – projected over $80M.

How can you be concerned about the approach from Grier and his staff so far? We all know performance in games is key. But in the offseason all you can do is evaluate the personnel moves made and how. We’ll know more about the coaching as they go through the camps.

• I’m not concerned at all. With all the players we lost who supposedly would have helped the team if we came out of this with close to the same record I would think we’re ahead of the curve.

I can’t see us winning just 2 or 3 games. 5 possibly or even 6. Maybe they surprise us and win a few more. IDK. But I’m not ready to throw in the towel and say this team is going to be that bad and the reason is because in the past we’ve looked better on paper and weren’t.

Like I said before, if Foster doesn’t go down in ’16 forcing Gase to play Ajayi not only do we probably not make the playoffs but after starting 1-4 it’s most likely another losing season. So, coaching is going to have something to do with our success this year.

Geez, we should be up at least 3-1 on the Stars right now. Bishop is giving them every chance in the world.

People say what if Rosen doesn’t pan out. Okay it happens. But we gave up a 2nd and a 5th rd pick to trade for him. Right… but in the process we also traded down in the 2nd and acquired a 2nd rd pick in 2020 that became part of the deal. So we covered our bases and have 3 picks in the top 64 next year. I really hope we have a heist on our hands. 🙂

• I’m not concerned with Rosen panning out. Is there a possibility he suffers and injury that knocks him out for the season or a good portion of it? Sure. That can happen to anyone.

But in terms of pure passer talent he’s as good as anyone who has come before him and he has the ability to get it done. Avoids pressure well enough to buy time too. He’s pretty much the complete package when you look at him.

The biggest thing about the offense this season will be execution. If everyone “does their job” like they say in NE then things shouldn’t be all that bad and we should get a really good idea of what we’ve got at qb this year. In fact, we should she the difference having a real quarterback makes.

Now I know some aren’t going to be happy with that last comment but I just think that the ability between the two is huge and we’ll see it on display this year.

On the scale, I’d have to say I’m a 10, not sure what else they could’ve done. I’m reserving judgement on the field, because I’ve seen it too many times, but I like the start. Good draft, no over spending, lots of picks/cap next year…possible franchise QB.

If they somehow get us an RT and pass rush I’ll go down to a 5.

Watch out for UDFA out of Cal Patrick Laird.

2OT in St. Louis. Bishop looking impenetrable.

YESSSSSSS!! Whew, what a game.

• manitobafinfan says:

Cav : I have not watched a full game since You eliminated my Jets .. hard pressed to say who is still and harder pressed to say who is up .. good luck to your Blues

Cheers, Toba. I didn’t expect us to get past Dallas. Colorado or San Jose next. I like our chances to get to the finals. Not sure how we’ll do against either the Bruins or Hurricanes though if we make it that far.

i have started a scale, i just wonder where some are on this scale????????

TIM —————————————— OD
    0……………………….^……………………..100
    ……………..THE MIDDLE = 50

wyoming85 says:I usually run about a 30?
    Mike E. says:I fluctuate like a faulty thermostat, I’m all over the place.
    CavalierKong says: ^
    Rockphin says:I’m OD 80 right now.
    stangerx gonna be a bad winter but the ice will melt.
    ocalarob I’m probably at 51
    professorloumiamidolphinsblog :I’m at the left end of the scale with Tim
    naplesfan2010 I’m approximately a 37.52 on the RoboMeter
    steveccnv says: On the scale, I’d have to say I’m a 10

ROSEN HAS PROVEN that he can lead a team to the overall #1 pick in the draft, especially if he has a below average O-Line. ALL the ingredients for failure are present. Worst owner in Fins’ history; GM who has questionable qualifications; personnel guy with many “MISSES.”
    ————————
    AND YOU WONDER WHY I SAY “SHOW ME!?!?”–

OOPS–Left out the old Ross standby: We have a head coach with NO PRIOR HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE!! How’s THAT worked out for ya the last 10 years???

• ocalarob says:

OD….the difference from inexperienced coaches in the past to the current regime is Jim Caudwell as the asst HC,

so there is HC experience with this coaching staff

The cardinals were actually 0-3 before Rosen started a game for them

It’s not exactly like he lead them to being a bad team
      They were a bad team with Sam Bradford at QB too

Show me is fine
      But why waste your energy criticizing now until they have a chance to show you?

I do t expect to be good this year

I suspect we will see is being in a RT, a pass rusher or 2 and maybe a new QB between now and the end of the draft of 2020

We have time and ammunition to build up

That’s where I’m at, they cant show me until the season starts, so all I’ve got until then, is what the FO is doing and I cant complain about a single thing, yet.

i don’t put the failures of the past soley on the OL, a good QB and team philosophy can make any OL look great.
    when you pass every down…sit back in the pocket having a cup of tea and put all the pressure on the OL, and then point to them as the culprit is short sided.

i’m thinking Gaskin will compete for playing time this year over drake and ballage, drake may be the third best rb on this team.

Overall I like Gaskin better than Ballage

Last year when I really spent tome looking at the RBs and before Gaskin announced he would stay in school in 2018, I had him ranked higher than ballage

Ballage does have some advantages though – namely his size
      He’s also probably a better receiver than Gaskin

But Gaskin has the vision and maneuverability that helps RBs his size thrive

Ultimately I don’t think it matters who is ranked 1, 2 or 3 on our roster, I suspect we will see each on the field a lot and maybe they all get equal time

Ballage is the only one I think is capable of stringing together a few games of 30+ touches

• ocalarob says:

I think Gaskin is more compact and powerful as a featured back than both Ballage and Drake. seems like he can get you the tough yards

Rosen had 119 more passing attempts than Tannehill and was pressured on 55 more of his drop backs (in three more games that RT) AZ was just a turrible turrible team.

The purpose of my post is to point out that you can’t look at it and say Rosen was pressured 2.7% more times. That is fuzzy math. Rosen had 31% more drop backs than Tannehill.

his was NOT a defense of TH post or a slam of Rosen post. Just pointing out the “comparison” is BS.

It’s not fuzzy math, but I dont get the point. Were these QBs crap last year, because someone was always in their face, or was it their fault (pointing at you RT)? How about adding someone like Brady’s pressure rate too, so we have a comparison.

Stats schmats, how about some context?

Rob, are you going to lose faith in Flores when they trot out Drake on first downs again this year?

WE HAVE A FULLBACK!

I dont know much about Caldwell as a position coach, but he seemed to be a crappy head coach, so I’ll wait and see what value he brings to the team.

yeah, I don’t get the narrative either. Another one who people call a QB whisperer. Peyton Freaking Manning the rest, not so much!

steveccnv says:
    May 8, 2019 at 10:45 am
    It’s not fuzzy math,

It is absolutly fuzzy math it is adding oranges and apples. 40% of one number and 37% of a different number. The difference is NOT 2.7% difference was my only point.

NEW BLOG UP!!!