Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, put personnel whiz HC Adam Gase in as interim GM

It’s only a matter of time Mike, only a matter of time . . . Hehehehehehe

You can’t write this stuff! It matters not what I think about Adam Gase during his tenure as Miami Dolphins Head Coach, but one thing that was clear to just about everyone was that Gase definitely has personality issues that prevent him from coexisting with others. That was a huge weakness for him, as he shipped out players who didn’t try hard enough to learn his way of doing things. I defended him during those times too, hoping it really was on the player, but it became a pattern. It’s one thing if you have a long resume of success like say Bill Belichick up in New England. He won’t get second guessed for his decisions because his track record speaks for itself. Bill Belichick has a winning percentage of .680 and a record of 261-123, while Adam Gase’s currently stands at 23-25 and .479. Not much cachet comes with that.

Try and put this in perspective. The Jets allowed Mike Maccagnan to choose the players to add to their roster during free agency, a very active free agency for the cap flush NY Jets. The Jets added RB Le’Veon Bell, LB C.J. Mosely and OL Kelechi Osemele to the tune of $225.5M, all in this recent FA period. Then they let Maccagnan choose the future of the team by running the draft. Also keep in mind the Jets made it clear that Gase would NOT have control over the 53 man roster and had no say in that regard. They said that. Now, they not only give him that as interim GM, but he’s running the entire show. Can you comprehend this? How can they possibly spin this as a positive thing?

I like the direction our team is headed. We seem to be doing everything right, with careful measured steps. Our rivals in NY seem to tripping over their tongues and making unstable decisions. Unless Adam Gase has really learned from his mistakes in Miami, the New York Jets franchise is in for some serious turbulence.

Keep doing things slow, steady and careful, and most of all . . .

#staythecourse

921 Responses to Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, put personnel whiz HC Adam Gase in as interim GM

(Piggy Thanos snaps his involvement in the political discussion)

Look…a Miami Dolphin’s football blog! I think I’ll hang out here!

Now all we need is Iron Pig to show up

Can Thanos Pig do that snap thing and make the Dolphins a winning team?

For me it’s about respect!

If you want to have a conversation it can’t start out with all the Buzz words that are used for Trump, or any one who voted for him!

To this day I can’t stand to hear people talk about a sitting President the way they do!

I don’t think there was 1 thing I liked about Former President Obama!

But I damn sure respected the office he held!I can’t even stand the abbreviation!

POTUS? Sounds like an insult I’d throw at someone?

Love those unis

I need a new jersey this year. My only Dolphins jesrsies are Tannehill, Reggie Bush and Ronnie Brown . Who should I get?

Here you go Ken

And don’t forget about the Meaty Boar

Apparently their will be another Avengers flick 🙂

Jarvis Landry

13. naplesfan2010 says:

I feel lijke I need that robot on Lost in Space the last few days on this blog.
    Danger! Danger!
    Religion!
    Danger! Danger!
    Politics!
    Danger! Danger!
    the adorable C*nt word!
    Danger! Danger!
    GoT minutiae.
    Danger! Danger!
    Landry Love!
    Danger! Danger!
    Comic Book Movies.
    Danger! Danger!

Can Contrails be far off the screen?
    Go Home.

Go Dolphins!
    jonesin’ for some football
    OHHH…NO!
    Danger! Danger!
    Reshad debate! Reshad Debate!
    Argument #129!
    Danger! Danger!

“…The anti-trumpers are as bad as the birthers during Obama’s first term…”
    —————–
    The irony…

“Can Thanos Pig do that snap thing and make the Dolphins a winning team?”
    ————–
    I’m sure the Thanos Pig snap is the most powerful thing in the universe, but what you’re asking is impossible.

Maybe start with something slightly more reachable like curing cancer, faster than light travel, repubs and dems working together. Something like that.

LOL @ Naples

Come on Stanger!

I could introduce you as the POTUS of SCROTUS!

Exporter of VERY small medicine bags??????????? 😉

LOL — it’s just that both of those ( take the “R” out of the 2nd one) have been used to for a good long while. But would be glad to have the big balls title as well. 🙂

• TryPod says:

That’s grotus.
      It’s almost like speaking Latin.

This from when Rosen was with the Cards, but I like it. He at least knows what he can’t do.

“I will not run a play on a football field unless I know why we’re running it and what we’re trying to accomplish. That’s just how I function. I don’t run a 4.5, so if things go bad, I can’t just hit the exit button. So I like to understand a playbook in its entirety.”

Some idiot randomly drop kicked the Terminator and he barely felt it

What was that all about?

Lot of seniors kicking ass lately

22. Krishna says:

He hit the floor harder than he hit Arnold….hilarious.

• Krishna says:

I should have said Arnold’s back was like hitting a wall and the guy dropped to the floor hard. Love it.

Conan what is good in life?
    To crush one’s enemies
    To see them flee before you and
    To hear the lamentations of their women

Piggy,
    Seriously, do you have some sort of piggy app that finds all these pig pics? Amazing how fast you come up with stuff. It would take me a couple days to find a few pics. Lol

That is an orc beserker

Did you play D&D? I did until had to claim didn’t when was interested in getting women to actually go out with me.

Still do

Man did you just one up me on that. Still like my board games (Risk), but figure ruined our D&D set when smelled out that if I walk off game pretty much over. Committed suicide at one point…… poor Gimili my dwarven fighter friend, but then you were chaotic neutral. Might have been how I started in lobbying.

Axis and Allies is better than Risk.

Good game….. ever do Diplomacy? Really like how the moves are set each turn ahead of time.

They are closely related!

26. naplesfan2010 says:

Only computer game I ever got addicted to was Castle Wolfenstein.

Tim, Axis and Allies is a far superior game. Different kind of game though. You can grab 3 or 4 people and sit down and play Risk at any time. Axis and Allies takes some investment, but is well worth it.

Cav — some of my buddies went into some much more complex games. Problem was that if they have played and you have not….. guaranteed you lose.

Yes it does. 4 of us usually played and we did sometimes continue it at another time.

We used to set up different long strategy war games on a ping pong table we had just for that purpose and play games that lasted multiple weekends. Fun times. Dungeons and Dragons was great too. Ah, simpler times, lol.

What was the early PC game where you ran around a maze fighting creatures and finding different weapons? I keep thinking Doom but I think there was another one like it.

I play marvel strike force nonstop now

Stanger
    Chaotic Neutral? I would have pegged you playing a lawful good Paladin

You are too kind man……but difference btwn real life and a game. Chaotic neutral gave you more running room. And the way my top guy committed suicide was by me ripping up his sheet in front of the control freak DM’s face. My other guys moved up right quick after that to match up with the rest of the crew. What was he gonna do?

May 18, 2019 at 2:43 pm (Edit)

He could never have worked with Gase. Can you imagine him trying to understand some of that crap Gase was coming up with last season?

Don’t know about Flores….. but yeah would have been a problem with Gase, or the Dungeon Master just wrote to Ken about. 🙂

Was M13 run off the blog?

Some flame stuff went on, but not like we haven’t been through that before.

Yeah that’s what I mean, I don’t remember seeing him since.

Whole bunch of people on the board. Not everyone is always going to get along. Which is my way of saying up to him. And does seem he is not exactly a shrinking violet who would stay away cause of one beef.

I was just wondering. It would be a shame because different opinions should not be that big of a deal. Life wouldn’t work if everything was the same.

Hey I went off on one of my anti-religious rants the other night but it wasn’t about me hoping everyone agreed with me, or anyone for that matter. It’s how I see things. It doesn’t mean I’m right either, but I try to come to conclusions based on what I see and hear, not from any kind of agenda because I don’t have one.

M13 was not run off the board. Things got heated so he may be taking a break but he was not run off or banned

Love all of the Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers. Did not like Steve Martin playing Inspector Clouseau at all. Steve Martin is a funny guy but he did not capture Peter Sellers’ version of the character at all. I felt like I was watching someone’s cousin who claims he does a great Peter Sellers Clouseau impression but he doesn’t. LOL

One of my favorite Pink Panther scenes, if not my favorite

Tim – Then the Braves owned the division for about 13 years or so. Ugh!

Being bluntly honest, I sometimes think MF13 is a wacko conspiracy theorist, but IMO he is the balance to David, lol. They both get a little out there, but we are better off as a community with both of them as members.

Even with our differences, or perhaps because of them, I enjoy interacting with MF13 (and since I correlated them, I enjoy interacting with David as well). Hell, there literally isn’t a single person on this board I don’t appreciate in one way or another.

The blog would be boring if we all agreed on everything all the time. We have people across a broad spectrum of demographics, and that is a good thing. It’s bound to happen that some people may not particularly care for others, but it shouldn’t resort to anyone being made to feel they are no longer welcome.

And when it comes to football on this blog, MF13 easily contributes as much as any other person.

Well said Cav. Only place where will go a bit different is the “no longer welcome” part. Like 50 people come to this board. I’m long past caring about the “so and so doesn’t like me so am leaving” stuff. We are grown men plus Herd.

Yeah, I don’t come running to people’s defense when the petty stuff happens. We’re grown. Figure it out between yourselves is my motto, lol. But Piggy is one of the founders, and he went nuclear, so it might have carried more weight. That is all I meant.

Cav — I lived through the Walker and Gigi Wars (and they ran the place) 🙂

^Totally agreed. If someone doesn’t agree with what you just said, those are the ones who are the problem in this country and the divide we’re seeing today. No tolerance for different opinions. That’s when the hardcore name calling and slander begins. It’s back to the sandbox; you’re a poo poo head, oh yeah… well your mommy and daddy hate you… and it gets uglier and uglier.

It’s great how often on this board you’ll be in agreement with a person one day, then the next day find yourselves at odds with them. Even those of us that think more alike than others still have vast gulfs of difference between viewpoints on certain subjects. I learn and grow from the things I read on this blog all the time.

There is a reason I’ve kept coming back to talk with all you fucks for like 12 years. lol

M13 last posted 2days ago. Said something to the effect of “I came prepared this time. Someone is going to get served.” apropos of nothing. No clue what it meant.

I think we should bring back dueling.

Stang,

That was some quality fighting. But in my book nothing tops the Gigi/NJ drama for sheer entertainment value. I cancelled my cable service for like 3 months while that was going on.

You’re a dick, I almost spit beer on my screen with that one fuckface!!! LOL

Where you there for before that with the “I love you”…. “No I love you more” cage match on the open board? They”’d never even freaking met.

Yeah, it was goofy, like grade school stuff. I’d been on the board years before Gigi started posting. When she first showed up, she was married to a Jets fan, lol.

Think I came on while she was in a divorce with him….. but man was she hot as anything. For a while at least.

I remember when you started posting. I took about a 3 month break from the Sentinel and went and joined the circus at the Herald. When I came back, you and Mike had already become regular posters. Like a number of other people, it was some time before I realized your name wasn’t ‘stranger’, lol.

Can tell you when that was — 2008. Was the Jake Long draft. First two people to even say I was there (SS board was real busy) were Mike E and M13.

Hard for me to assess when I joined because I was a lurker for a while before I was a poster. I’d read y’all’s comments and I remember some of the drama back then but I never got into it. Don’t remember just what topic it was that drew me in but I remember a lot if the stuff y’all are bringing up just don’t remember getting involved

I was just starting to post when Gigi and NJ were falling apart.

Everything was lovey dovey until he couldn’t pay the rent. 😉

You might have missed some of the fun on that one….. but least you got the Walker and Gigi entertainment.

Walker and Gigi drama didn’t get going until just before FU started most of us here got to experience all of that. I mean so e of it was going on most of the FME days but really didn’t hit a peak until right at the end

Gigi was a typical internet woman. Maybe a little worse than average. Herd has class she is more like a blog Mom. It’s sounds a little insulting said that way but it’s not the way it’s meant lol. I was not a fan of Gigi and I’m pretty sure I was not someone she cared much for either

40. TryPod says:

Doom and Wolfenstein were identical games.

41. ElephantRider says:

Those throwbacks are straight fire!

That’s all I’ll ever buy!

Have no clue what jersey i would buy now tho….

Man, I missed some quality reminiscing there. Totally funny stuff. What you all would love to hear were the phone convos I had with both NJ and Walker, all about Gigi. These strutting confident men got turned into noodles when it came to a woman, LOL

Those will stay forever confidential, or released after much alcohol at a Fest or something. 😛

43. BailBondMike says:

Cav says, “Hell, there literally isn’t a single person on this board I don’t appreciate in one way or another.”
    ———————————————————–
    That’s good to hear,

GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. Had a dream last night we were winning our first game 54-0

Great headline — “Which active Miami Dolphin would be the best jersey investment?”

Reporter’s choices:

Laremy Tunsil
    Xavien Howard
    Kenyan Drake
    Josh Rosen
    Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Christian Wilkins

Full: https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/19/which-active-miami-dolphins-would-be-the-best-jersey-investment/

46. In Flores 3rd season as HC and Rosen’s 3rd season as starting QB this team is going to be playing in the Super Bowl.

47. The power of 3.
    Rosen wears #3
    Flores will be in 3rd yr as HC
    Rosen will be in 3rd yr as starting qb for Miami.
    Phins will return to the Super Bowl to win their 3rd.

Well it could be worse!

Mathew Boling is the high school track star better known as “White Lightening” these days.

50. naplesfan2010 says:

My first post came the day they hired Sparano, but I lurked and read through the Bad Season and and back as far as that draft after Cam Cameron got hired, so I got to groan in disbelief at the NJ-Gigi thing the whole way through. Unbelievable at times that it went so affectionate so fast based on almost nothing.

I always thought it was fueled by rebound energy from Gigi’s divorce combined with NJ’s steroids.

Especially ironic because she was married to a Jets fan, and she reported fights over that with hubby, which I interpreted as a surrogate for deeper problems.

I think Gigi is happy in California now, right? So good for her for getting out of a bad place and finding Mr. Right.

I hate it when people are unhappy, so I condone any divorce that relieves sadness.

I don’t believe NJ did steroids. I met him and though he was in great shape he wasn’t steroid big. He’s a very opinionated person is all.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I will accept your judgement on that; I just felt Roid Rage directed at me and several others on numerous occasions, mixed with that “I can kick anybody’s ass” stuff he spewed at the blog. It seemed to infect his pitiful attempts to e-seduce Gigi as well.

I disliked the guy so much that I also disliked Mike E for a while just because I kept getting their names mixed up back then. Both NJ fin fan #1 or something.

It was not until after the split from the SS blog that i got the two of them straight.

Gigi sure was a central fixture at least. Big old fight with NJ, who then created his own board…. or at least got TNPhin too. And then she axed Walker out. Seems she sorta of won both times. And if she is happy in Cali none of us know unless haven’t got the news.

51. naplesfan2010 says:

I would think that Ted Ginn has lost a step by now at his age, so he should be careful about offering cash like that. I think Wilson and Grant could both take him and maybe Stills, too. Even Drake would be hard for Ginn to beat given the age difference.

52. naplesfan2010 says:

The guy who started at Center for us for the last 2/3 of a season just retired. Travis Swanson.
    I don’t suppose the pundits see that as a positive for us in that we have improved that position from whom we had starting last year.

I think we have better depth all across the line, a better cadre from which to choose our 8 or 9 we keep on the 53 than at any time in the last decade.

Not sure how it all pans out, but we have 11 new OL on the roster with only 4 remaining from last year in Tunsil, Kilgore, Davis and Sterup. Maybe one or two of them we picked up last year and had them on the PS but not in the lineup at any time. So it won’t be same old same old with many of the same guys at least.

Tim – NJ most definitely did and still does steroids. He always defended the fact that “it doesn’t shrink the weenie” with Home all the time. He never once denied doing them, I remember all of that very well, it was repeated so often during their exchanges.

I thought he told me he didn’t do them but took supplements.

Maybe he did tell you that, but I’m positive about those exchanges, and I do think he is steroid size. I still see pics of him on FB, he’s larger than just a guy who lifts weights a lot.

Other reasons for it, but roid rage does fit. Same time was a nice guy at times other than that.

Mike, by the way the Mets are once again crashing and burning. They can’t even hit the Marlins. Sigh….

It’s not Todd Frazier’s fault per se, but I never wanted him back on the major league club. I knew they would pretty much make him the everyday 3B, and he’s batting .164. He’s like a freaking anchor, he took the team down. I don’t remember exactly when he got back but I can almost guarantee you they have a serious losing record since his return. Nimmo is a shell of what he was last year, and Cano is fulfilling that hideous prophecy of bringing in former All Star 2B from the American League. Roberto Alomar, Carlos Baerga, and there’s another I can’t think of at the moment, but they shrivel up and die here once they get here.

You 2 could always catch the Astro’s game! 😉

BailBondMike says:
    May 19, 2019 at 9:03 am

That’s good to hear,

GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ——————-
    You’re a baby carnivore fan? How did I not know this? I always keep track of the fans of teams chasing the Cards. 8 more to go sunshine 😉

A Pirates fan, a Brewers fan, and a Cubs fan all on this board. (Sounds like the start of a joke, lol)
    Actually someone has mentioned the Reds on this board too, though I can’t remember who that was either. NLC is well represented.

Son is a Red’s fan.

• BailBondMike says:

I am split 50/50 between Cubs/Reds. I was a diehard Reds fan from back in the mid 70’s but never went to any of their games unless they were playing at Wriggly. I have been to 30+ Cub games at Wriggly with my uncle.

Aha! I think that is where my confusion came in. I had thought it was you that had mentioned the Reds. Glad to know it isn’t early onset of anything, lol.

• BailBondMike says:

Cav, Ever since they realigned the Cubs to our division I had had to watch both my teams chase the damn Cards every year. For a long time there the Cards were like the Pats in the AFCE. Now that really sucks ass!

The Mets battled with the Cubs and Cards from 83 until they finally took them over in 86.

Yeah, we’ve had a good run of it. I’m spoiled as a Cards fan. Cubs finally got that monkey off their back though. It was awesome to see the Cubs and their fans get rewarded in ’16. And this year the division is tough, but I think the Cubs are the team to beat.

Tim – Then the Braves owned the division for about 13 years or so. Ugh!

Yep! The 1988 Mets team should have been better but the party lifestyles were already in full force and then we ran into the bulldog.

Trying not to get too excited about the Blues 3-0 lead going into the 3rd. Usually that is a nearly insurmountable lead, but the Sharks have had some magic/destiny shit going on these playoffs.

Do you remember the Flyers being down 3-0 in the series against Boston and 3-0 in game 4 and coming back and winning the series? Bat lost his shit. LOL

Sharks losing their shit right now. One win away from our first Stanley Cup since 1970.

1970?

Yeah, I meant appearance of course. Somehow that word vanished from my post.

They started in 1991.

I’m talking about the Blues, bro. The Blues are one win away.

Oh gotcha! For some reason you being in Cali I thought you were rooting for the Sharks. LOL

LOL, it would make sense. If they had existed when I started vaguely being interested in hockey, I would probably be a Sharks fan. As it was, I couldn’t follow the L.A. Kings, because being in Sacramento I was anti-SoCal. So I just picked up the city of my baseball team for hockey as well.

There have been times I’ve wished I could get a mulligan and pick a different team at the start, lol. The Blues have been pretty bad since I’ve followed them. It’s part of the reason, I’ve been so into this season. This is by far the most interesting Blues team, I’ve ever watched.

Guess tonight is like the Superbowl on this board. Someone on GOT will be hefting the trophy.

They killed this season. I’m going to watch, but I know I’m not going to be happy about the finale. I’ll be honest when it’s over though, if it’s good, I’ll say so. I have very low expectations.

Never watched. You suggested the books (and always like reading before seeing). But the first one just didn’t hit me. Maybe was the writing style or maybe why am more history and current events in my reading these days. Figure at some point will catch the series as big as it is though so long as can figure out how to get from the start.

Gotta watch the last episode

*appearance*

What time is GoT?

64. naplesfan2010 says:

I was a Braves fan before they moved to Atlanta from Milwaukee.
    Because Hank Aaron was my favorite player from when I was a little kid.
    I could not believe my good fortune when my favorite team moved so close to home.
    I saw the very first Braves game in Atlanta. And many more.
    then they went through some hard times when Dale Murphy was there.
    But then they won so many games when Bobby Cox was managing.

Now i never even follow baseball.
    Just lost interest when the Steroid club broke the home run records.

I hear ya Kong, Enjoy the Blues run. We don’t always get that as fans.

Stanger – The reason I hate this season so much is because they tried to condense too much content into too few episodes. One thing the books do is go into detail about why a character might be doing something that goes against their nature. In the series now, they have a character do a total 180 w/o any explanation and you just watch it and feel disappointed because you knew that character wouldn’t do that. Hard to explain exactly what I’m saying, but some of the actions of the main characters don’t match their most recent behavior and it sucks to not know why or be bale to understand why all of a sudden they did that. HBO gave them a 10 episode budget, they chose to only do 6 episodes. They got lazy and unintentionally sabotaged their mission.

67. With Gase now possibly looking at trading Leonard Williams I’d take a shot at him if we could get him for something decent. Use one of those 2020 picks on a guy who’s only 25. Jets exercised their option on him at $14.2M. This is the type of player I could see us trading for.

Tough to trade within the division but I’d trade a 2020 2nd for him right now. He fits multiple. He’s a good player. I’d be surprised if it happened but I’d make that trade.

• I agree. It would be tough to get him being in the same division. But, this is the type of player I really think Grier would be interested in trading for. Throw all the rebuilding bs out the window if someone like this becomes available and Grier can get him for the right compensation.

68. naplesfan2010 says:

Why does Gase not want him?

• they exercised the option on him at $14.2M and would need to re-sign him and they have a lot of money already invested in their d line including Q Williams who they drafted in the first rd.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I don’t know what you mean by this.
        What would we need to pay him?

• I’m not absolutely sure on how 5th yr options work but it appears based on what I’m looking at that if the Jets were to trade him they’d be on the hook for the amount of the entire option as of March 13.

So, I believe any team trading for him would need to negotiate something with him before the trade was made to make sure they have an agreement in place with the player.

Moving on from the old guard like new HCs and staffs always do.

Gase’s first move as GM was trading former 2016 1st rd pick LB Darron Lee to KC for a 6th rd pick.

I’m sure Gregg Williams didn’t want him so he was expendable. As far as what he got back, You would think he could have got more, but what does Gase know about wheeling and dealing? Nothing Jon Snow!

I thought the compensations was horrible. Then again what was the market for him?

70. Where Williams is concerned the 5th yr option was picked up by the “old guard” and they may elect to keep him around this yr since they’d be on the hook for the option contract even if traded or they could look at it as though he’s the odd man out since they need to pay Q Williams and the others they have under contract.

The Jets have a lot of money invested in their d line right now and extending L Williams may not be something they’re interested in doing because they’d be tying up additional cap in the d line they could put elsewhere.

So, it will be interesting to see what Gase does in this instance because he’s usually a very reactionary person and just runs with it once his mind is made up.

I just saw the Darren Lee move
    And all I have to say is I’m glad we parted with Gase

So the GoT ending sucked. It was like they decided they were tired of it so they slapped together some Disney-hero-does-the-right-thing-everybody-lives-happily-ever-after shit to get it over with. JRR Martin obviously lost interest. Fucktards.

I’m not really sure how much George RR had to do with this last season. He may have allowed these guys to run with it, just giving them some basic parameters. If he ever writes that last book, we’ll find out

There was no way to get that train back on the rails in one episode

I actually enjoyed the first 30 mins or so of last nights episode

Then they just had to wrap everything up

The writing this season sucked
      But that’s wasn’t the biggest problem

Cutting down the season to 6 episodes really hurt the last 2 seasons
      It just looks like they rushed the it to closure – that’s said about 3 of 6 episodes are completely unwatchable

It didn’t bother me to see Danerys become an antagonist – but they really could have developed that a lot better

The Biplanes are doomed. Gase and Williams are the two biggest egomaniacs in the league. By week six they should be in full meltdown trying to undermine each other.

I’d love to believe that but they still have a chance if they bring a legitimate personnel guy in

Dolfans don’t always admit it
      But IMO the personnel decisions we made were far superior to the coaching
      Actually the worst personnel decisions were usually put into motion by the coach IMO

Pigs – The one thing that made me think it was somewhat understandable as to why Daenerys torched the city was because Missandei’s last word was “dracarys”. As to her killing everyone else in the world, different story. They spent about 20 minutes on the convo between Jon and Tyrion, they spent about 5 minutes on Tyrion rearranging the chairs before the meeting of the council, they just wasted time on nothing. What was the final scene of Jon and Tormund and the wildings (Where the hell did they come from?) walking into the forest? Abandoning the wall? Where were they going? They made Jon such a non issue in this season, he did nothing. He almost fought the wight dragon Viserion, he killed Daenerys and he petted his Direwolf Ghost. Why they made him a non issue I didn’t get.

Lol @ re-arranging the chairs

There was a lot of wasted screen time like that this season

Last season we saw the big secret get told to Jon from Sam and Bran

Which is fine

But this season they spent tons of screen time on the same thing being told
      Jon to Dany
      Jon to Aria/Sansa
      Sansa to Tyrion
      Tyrion to Varys
      I think Varys told some one but I’m still not sure

It’s the same fucking event that was explained to each character
      We had to sit through every characters reaction to something we all found out
      Last season – that’s probably like an hour of screen time

The whole point of seeing a secret revealed to one character is for it to be revealed to the audience too

But it’s not going to be a surprise to the audience the 6th time around

Almost surprised the 🐺 didn’t bark it to the 🐉

LMAO!!! A little private convo between Ghost and Drogon. Did you think Drogon was going to kill Jon?

I kind of thought he would

But I thought he might do a 180 too and now to him and let Jon ride him

Never watched a minute of GoT, but did watch a NY Times critic on CNN this morning. While he still gushed about production magnificence, said the writing fell off when they ran out of books to base the script on. Lost texture and nuance as he put it. Seems that matches up with what Mike E and Pig are going at.

I think it’s amazing the George RR can even remember all the places he created, and even more so, all the characters. I mean it really is an epic production. There was supposed to be 5 spinoffs from GoT, but it looks like only 3 will make it to production. Reading the books, there’s literally a cast of thousands. I really hope he finished book 6 because while it won’t make the TV series any better, it may make sense of what happened because he can go into as much depth as he wants giving us background as to why these things happened. What would be even better IMO is if he changes the whole ending entirely, that would rock!

Have a feeling his universe will be visited a bunch of times like the Star Wars one. Wouldn’t be surprised if a feature movie is being considered…. and would play real well in 3D.

I don’t see how he can follow that clusterfuck ending

I’m most upset about what they did to Bran this season

Dude had godlike powers by the time this season rolled around – warging, visions and time travel

this season we got to watch him sit and a chair and stare blankly

Bad writing, a forced ending but also just a complete lack of creativity when it came to the supernatural/magic aspects of the story

You know a show isn’t very good when the next day everyone wishes it was different. LOL

The show was great
      The best ever IMO
      But the first 6 seasons only
      Season 7 was okay
      Season 8 was pukeworthy

Yeah I liked it a lot early on too. My point was how this last season finished. Everyone is saying I wish they did this instead of that which means it was bad.

Piggy – I didn’t think the entire season 8 sucked. I think what bothered me a bunch was how they established where characters were at, where they stood and how they felt in that Winterfell episode. Then all of a sudden, a few them just woke up the next episode and totally flip-flopped. I hate that. Why bother spending an entire episode establishing character references and relationships only to do a 180 the very next episode?

I thought given the source material

Season 8 was a big F for me
      But I also thought the prior seasons were A+

So season 8 may suffer from the success of prior season

Dolphin’s Wire by USA Today has been putting out some solid pieces. This one is a comparison of our O last season versus what’s projected in this one. Even if we are rebuilding….. hard to say the offense is worse.

I read that today there were more OTAs but have read no updates from the local beat reporters.

81. drg says:

Seemed to me that the GOT directors/writers were given the final structure by GRRM, but lacked a clear vision how to achieve it. Agree with the idea that more seasons or episodes would have been a better way to achieve a satisfying end. The Bran, Jon, Dany, Jaime storylines just felt rushed and undeveloped. Jon killing Dany should have been such a bigger event and there just wasn’t much emotion to that scene.

Loved the shows, enjoyed them all, even this last season. Hopefully the books come through.

That’s pretty fair drg – I do agree with you on the Jon-Daenerys kill. They just made Jon such a non interesting character in season 8, he was so wishy washy and weak, which I thought abandoned his true personality. They should have made him more tormented with the fact that he knew she was wrong and had to be killed, instead they made him seem like a melancholy hit man just doing the bidding of someone else. They really could have done better in that regard. Jon always did the right thing, that was pounded into him by Ned, and he did that for 7 seasons. It shouldn’t have taken Tyrion 20 minutes to convince him, he should have been wrestling with it as soon as she torched Kings Landing, and it would have been great if they showed his anguish over it, anger and frustration rather than a little kid who looked sad because someone stole his lollipop.

I got to be at least partially right at the end I had Bran or Tyrion being the winner with a possibility of Arya. I think though they seemed really badly want to close up shop because everything ended with out much attention to a good storyline. Probably not as into it as some of you but I can see why everyone is so upset, especially the ones who were really into the story.

Echoing some of the things we mentioned

I keep thinking of more things that bothered me . . . Why the hell did Grey Worm just take Jon Snow prisoner, and why did he wait around to see who was elected king? You would think Grey Worm would have slaughtered Jon himself, they could have had an epic battle of the angry soldier and the distraught man who killed his love. It would have been significantly better than them sending him to the wall. That was like “Oh shit, what we do with Jon?” “Uhhhh, I don’t got anything, but maybe we just send him to the wall”. Jon Snow deserved a lot more consideration than to just casually send him away. He was like the one of the main characters, he deserved a more powerful ending than that. Grey Worm would have wanted to tear Jon apart for killing his Queen, he was slaughtering unarmed men a day before because he was still furious over Missandei’s death. Give me a few more minutes, I’ll probably have more stuff. lol

85. drg says:

Mike,

Yeah, plenty of holes and missed opportunities. The series was a huge hit for HBO. Why not do three seasons and take your time to wind things down properly? It’s like the writers wanted to force themselves to get it over with.

May 20, 2019 at 12:55 pm

_____________________________
    I agree with just about everything except for the RT position. Mills is a definite upgrade from a pass blocking perspective and that’s the area we needed help the most. James wasn’t very good as a pass blocker and we all know that.

If we project what a 2nd year Ballage could do for us and possibly our rookie 7th rd rb out of WASH plus Jakeem Grant at wr and Michael Dunn at G we are definitely in better shape on offense than we were last year.

Still may not be perfect and there’s always room for improvement but scheme, play calling and quarterback play can make a big difference this year over last.

I never got why people were so high on James. Saw him as solid and serviceable. But then he got the big money. So some folks that know a whole lot more than me saw something.

87. naplesfan2010 says:

Bleacher report ranks our QB room 28th in the NFL.

Some other guy who does a metric every year has us not winning any games this coming year.

88. naplesfan2010 says:

Ted Ginn is longest tenured Miami Dolphins draft pick left in the NFL.
    (thnx Wyo)
    I never understood why people made fun of him.
    I know he steers clear of hard hits, but he has lasted because of that.

89. naplesfan2010 says:

Is anything going to happen during the spring practices that will show that Rosen is gaining control of the starting position? Seems to me we used to get more daily feedback and i could better judge players earlier.

My guess is they will conduct business much like the Patriots, which means no talking.

• I really don’t think the team is interested, especially the coaching staff, of giving any indication of what’s going on with the players and who is doing what and I’m great with that.

As far as I’m concerned I hope they keep up the good work. Give those beat writers NOTHING

90. naplesfan2010 says:

We won 7 games last year.
    We beat Chicago and NE, both playoff teams.
    If we just split with our 2 off divisions this year, we are 2 games ahead of last year when we went 2-6 against the two chosen divisions.
    That would be 9-7.
    if we fall back to 3-3 in our own division, then that is 8-8.
    But we will probably lose to both Pitt and Indy, so then we are at 6-10.

Or we could get swept in our division and our 2 off divisions and our 2 off teams and go 0-16.
    We went 6-2 at home last year, but we could easily go 0-8 this year, since we play at home so much early when we will still be trying to figure out our new schemes and personnel.

We better not be still trying to figure out schemes and personnel when the season starts. That would mean the coaches did a bad job and the players are clueless. I understand it takes some time to build chemistry and clean up some things but we should already be fundamentally sound after all the OTAs, minicamps, TC and the PS.

Two things with Ginn that immediately brought him infamy with us, and our fanbase. 1) The family, i mean that made him an internet meme, not just with the dolphins fans but the entire internet. 2) Big time overdraft and overall bust at his draft position. He has had a decent career but an alpha receiver drafted number 9 and hasn’t had 1 year where he has broken the 800 yard mark? Never has stayed more than 3 years for any one team his three years with the panther, his best stretch, isnt even as good as two years for Landry (should see David pop up pretty soon). Just another example of us over evaluating a player, which i hope is a thing of the past.

I was hoping we would pick him up.

We had the chance and Flores knows him so I view it as he’s not the player we’re looking for. Shelton is very limited to being just a big body inside.

Just sayin!

Jets waived TE Jordan Leggett.

LOL @ scoring projections in May for all NFL games 4 months from now. We don’t even have our regular season rosters yet!

That could be the award winner for most useless thing anybody has ever done.

LOL… super silly stuff. Some of these pundits or whatever they are, do they look at rosters and come to the conclusion that this team has no talent? I don’t expect playoffs but I’ll say this, this guy will be way off, by a minimum of 5 games if we don’t play as well as the org expects. I mean before the Miami Miracle the game was a loss in everyone’s book and then a game winning play happened. You can’t script stuff like that. That’s what is great about football and sports. It’s unpredictable. You can’t predict turnovers and special plays that decide games.

Reading his thread he tries to justify it as not actually being a prediction of the outcome of those games

Which makes no sense

He actually has us at 3.8 wins…whatever that means

He has a good shot at going o for 256

LOL, it’s times like these I wish I still had my Twitter account. I’d consider it worth the time to reply to his drivel.

Piggy, going by a team’s previous season to the next season is a proven mistake. The Falcons looked like a juggernaut two years ago and now what? The people who do this sort of stuff use unreliable data in a new season. It’s like predicting weather.

Didn’t the NFC South have a run of like 3 or 4 years in a row where the division winner was last the year before?

Not sure but probably. The Steelers didn’t make the playoffs last year. Was that the common prediction? How do you predict the Bell and Brown sagas?

Would love to see us start off 2-0 beating both the Ravens and Pats at home so we can hear the pundits say well… this wasn’t what we expected. LOL

Gotta love the ongoing negativity of the local Florida media. It never fucking ends. They look for it. They already know Rosen is Cutler because of one voice? I’m not sure why I even follow sports anymore. LOL

Well It was stated last year!
        Not that I’ give the “local yokals” any credit at all!

Doesn’t look like we are on his radar Tim?

He want’s to win?
    and the next sentience they say the browns?

Come back when they’ve done something!

106. naplesfan2010 says:

Should we pick up Gerald McCoy? Tampa Bay is stupid to not want that guy.
    Maybe he does not fit with our rebuild, but that’s a nice player.

What a dick!

That’s not accurate it’s more about the contracts they sign. We don’t have to give a shit about how well they play.

I laughed that one off. Can you try anymore to make the team anymore dire, really? LOL

What a shitty business to be in as a journalist. Focus on the negative all day long than throw a positive piece in there once in awhile.

I’d take McCoy on a prove it contract but there are going to be suitors who will pay him what he is looking for. I also take that play for a contender shit with a bag if salt since we all know players generally play for money. Rarely do they walk away from a bigger offer.

109. naplesfan2010 says:

Jay Cutler’s arm was elite. His smokin Jay persona would have worked in the 60s, but not in the modern era. I hope Rosen can compare to Cutler’s arm, but I think it is a tad less power but hopefully a tad more touch.

Rosen’s persona is not like Smokin Jay. Rosen seems to be more of a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of QB.
    Very thoughtful and yet jocular.

Just think if both of those guys buy into the Erhardt-Perkins offense, and Rosen becomes the “New Millennial” Tom Brady. as in without the whining and cheating and with more of a social conscience.

I’d settle for 3 Super Bowl wins in the next 12 years and 10 playoffs.

There wasn’t anything wrong with Cutler’s game except that shitty mentality. Cutler could have been one of the great QBs. Fuck tons of potential completely wasted

I think Rosen is a pretty level headed guy. I think he has to learn to shut out some of the noise and just play football but I think he has a good personality to be great.

We all know the guys who cover the dolphins are going to be noisy

• naplesfan2010 says:

They are noisy, but I think they are actually lightweights.
        I can’t see any QB losing confidence due to Omar or Flores losing his shit over Mando.

Their noise is just too easy to laugh off. It’s all click-driven and so transparent.

111. naplesfan2010 says:

Concerning the new HC/OC system being installed in Miami …
    It might be instructive to read about Matt Patricia (also a DC from NE who became an HC) edging Cooter into the Erhardt Perkins and out of Air Coryell.

It’s also scary yet refreshing to see Caldwell here to help with the QBs but not have the power to destroy the Patriots style running game.

There’s a formula for comp picks that starts with the contract and does make adjustments in Playing time and postseason honors

It’s not just the contracts but it’s mostly the contract

The adjustment based on snaps is taken from the initial contract
    And the postseason honors is a small factor – probably only likely to increase value if some one has a really good year

I think Mando’s understanding of it is way off

If Juwann James gets cut – that will affect the 3rd rounder we expect
    Not if Gore or Bolden get cut

I don’t think Gore or Bolden can do anything to affect those picks bc the contract James signed was so high

If gore played well and was the nfl MVP we might get another high pick
    I don’t think him or Bolden getting cut affects the expected 3rd for a James

But I’m gonna buy a Bills Gore jersey just in case

🙄

The NFL will strip us of the pick and kick us in the groin if I do that

Caldwell was one of my more favorite additions, in the role we added him. I thought it was a really good add.

115. naplesfan2010 says:

I thought snatching deGuglielmo off the sidewalk was an under the radar stroke of genius. That guy can flat coach up some OL to a whole nother level. He can take marginal guys (our whole OL besides Tunsil) and make them adequate. He takes a 3-tier approach to line play.

1) utilizing pass-rusher annoying hand placement designed to swat away some and duck away from others … pass rushers think swim moves, rips, etc. are THEIR moves and get pissed off at OL who don’t give them a same ol same ol set they can calculate their moves to beat ahead of the snap
    2) efficientizing footwork to neutralize the greater athleticism that DL usually have nowadays over OL … pass rushers like OL who drop an anchor and commit to a slide step.
    and
    3) scheme-bred assignments that put blockers in inaccessible or eccentric lanes, so the DL who pins his ears back often finds air in front of his quick first step and a mauler waiting for him to stagger into a mugging OR some f’ing proactive first-strike by the OL where the DL is like “oh shit that’s my gap they are running through, and I’m bullrushing upfield while the RB is ducking through for a 4-6 yard gash.”

That’ll slow down a pass rush in a hurry.
    That’s how NE runs downfield at hyper speed and makes DL exhausted and mentally sick in their stomachs. That’s how they average so many ppg.

116. naplesfan2010 says:

btw
    in college @ Boston U , deG’s final offensive line coach was Tony Sparano, who went on to become the head football coach of the Miami Dolphins. Sparano would later hire Deguglielmo as his offensive line coach in Miami. Playing both guard and center, DeGuglielmo was a first-team All-New England selection as well as a two-time Academic All-Yankee Conference selection.

from wikipedia

Gore and Bolden will not effect our comp picks. It will effect the team they’re on more than us if they ball out. Sorry BUF if Gore rushes for 1,500 yards you lose. We’re not getting anything for either of them. LOL

WTF is going on?!!!!

Whaaat?! You mean Brandon Bolden and his 8 rushes for a whopping 91 yards last year won’t be devastating our comp pick values no matter what he does?

118. naplesfan2010 says:

DeGuglielmo left UCF within a month, joining the New York Giants staff under head coach Tom Coughlin whom he had served as a graduate assistant at Boston College 13 years earlier. In his tenure, the Giants made the playoffs four consecutive years, won Super Bowl XLII, and set a franchise record for rushing yards (2,518) and yards per carry (5.0) in 2008.

from wikipedia

119. naplesfan2010 says:

Afterwards, he held the same job for the Miami Dolphins; in 2011 the Dolphins rushed for 1,987 yards in what was also Reggie Bush’s first 1,000-yard season.

DeGuglilemo won a second Super Bowl ring as OL coach in the Patriots’ Super Bowl XLIX win over the Seattle Seahawks.

from yep Wikipedia

Dave DeGuglielmo is a well respected OL coach. That’s not what he was hired in Miami to be. He’s got some sort of analyst role. Pat Flaherty is our OL coach.

121. naplesfan2010 says:

I remember that guy because Boston U was a big Methodist school that right after that dropped football. I am Methodist and we were always raised to know which schools were “our” schools, although in the tumultuous 70s, many de-emphasized religious affiliations.

Syracuse, Duke, Northwestern (in the Big Ten), Vanderbilt, Wofford, SMU, and I think Pitt were all Methodist.

122. naplesfan2010 says:

This article is most interesting for the Flores quotes, as I continue to be impressed with him.

MEDICAL UPDATE: I will be having surgery on June 13 for melanoma, a form of skin cancer. A dark spot just above my right scapula proved to be malignant, so they will put me under the knife and get me back on my feet as my ornery old self in due time. Both radiation therapy and immunotherapy are post operative possibilities. More surgery is also a possibility. But, for now, this procedure at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa near the USF campus is my prime focus..- Got to get to work this morning. Will tell you more over the next few days.
    ———————-
    YOU GUYZ AND GALZ who rarely use sun screen need to re-think about your future. Heavy duty sun screen on all parts of my uncovered body (even my growing bald spot) is now part of my routine. Big floppy hats and long sleeve shirts are next. Be smart about sun exposure.
    ———————
    GO FINS!!

That sucks OD!

Keep yourself rested my friend!

Evidently today’s practice is open to the “media”

Flo??
    It’s just 3 more letters Mon-doh

WTF??????????

Cheap deal, but we don’t need a 1 year contract anyway. I guess he wasn’t getting any other offers, or he just wants to stay in NE

“The Dolphins saw 22 contracts expire at the end of the 2018 season. The Dolphins themselves resigned linebacker Mike Hull, leaving 21 free agents free to change teams. Less than half of Miami’s outgoing free agents (10) have found a new team.”

So we had 11 guys on the roster nobody else wanted. Guess some could be injury hires….. but still not good.

OD, wishing you all the best with your procedure.

Senorise Perry’s new number for the Bills is No. 32 — that’s a lot to put on the guy’s back, so to speak. Know they can’t retire it in a ceremony kind of way, but that is a number they never should have used again.

Tim — ever see the movie Lords of Discipline? They kick a guy out of a military academy and in the exit ceremony the cadets one by one turn their back on him…. forever after forbidden to speak his name. Think should be the same with OJ’s number.

I think allowing others even a backup type RB like Perry to wear it erases O.J.’s memory rather than treating it like #42 in baseball.

Guess we differ, but ever been to a game on Jackie Robinson day? Last one went to was even if didn’t realize….. took me a while to figure out that every player on both teams was wearing #42.

I’ve seen games where everyone wears #42 in honor of Jackie Robinson. I think the Bills giving a player #32 shows that they no longer think that number is special. It no longer pay homage to O.J. which is a good thing.

Get where you are coming from Tim, but like said we differ. Maybe they should give #32 each year to the UDFA most likely to get cut and if one year that guy makes it the curse will be lifted.

LOL

Almost makes you worry about the D. 🙂

It’s red zone work and the DBs have made their share of plays too. Whatever group loses they all do pushups. Flores even joined the DBs one time.

154. ElephantRider says:

Wonder if Fitz likes to hang out at the pool??

If you think the S. Fla media is negative, check this out . . .

Gase got exactly what he wanted for sure. Will be interesting to see how it works out this time around.

There is a veteran savviness that comes with Ryan Fitzpatrick that you just can’t explain. Reminds me of David Garrard back in 2012.

— Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly) May 21, 2019
    —————————————————–
    Please tell me you made that one up Tim.

So you replace a big contract, and one of the reasons was how much money it would save you so you replace them with a guy who is going to eat up about the same amount as your previous guy. That dosnt make a lot of sense unless they got Suh on the super cheap.

Look if Fitz is as good as Garrad, its obvious we have our QB of the future. I think we can just cut Rosen now and put to bed those 2020 QB discussions.

Manish Mehta
    ✔ @MMehtaNYDN

In 6 days as “interim GM,” Adam Gase has:

1) Traded away a former 1st round pick for a 2020 6th-rounder (He disagreed with Gase’s top 10 list of favorite Netflix shows)

2) Signed a punter he had in Miami (While with the Fins, he had Gase’s back in the big Whopper/Big Mac debate of 2017 that got Ajayi traded)

3) Cut a 2017 draft pick (He bought Gase a 6 pack of tacos after his NY intro press conference. Big mistake.)

4) Fired a scout & told people he wants to cut down scouting staff (He was listening to New Kids on the Block in the scouting room. Gase shouted NSYNC for life, and stormed out.)

He insists publicly he only wants to coach

160. bailbondmike says:

Omar Kelly
    ✔ @OmarKelly

There is a veteran savviness that comes with Jason Sanders that you just can’t explain. Reminds me of David Garrard back in 2012.

161. bailbondmike says:

Omar Kelly
    ✔ @OmarKelly

There is a veteran savviness that comes with Dwayne Allen that you just can’t explain. Reminds me of David Garrard back in 2012.

I see it’s repeat posts day today. LOL

163. bailbondmike says:

Omar Kelly
    ✔ @OmarKelly

There is a veteran savviness that comes with Rashad Jones that you just can’t explain. Reminds me of David Garrard back in 2012.

164. bailbondmike says:

Omar Kelly
    ✔ @OmarKelly

There is a veteran savviness that comes with Kenny Stills that you just can’t explain. Reminds me of David Garrard back in 2012.

LOL @ BBMike

166. bailbondmike says:

Tim, not repeat posts. I was just helping Omar out with his tweets for the rest of OTA’s by just changing the name. LOL

So Omar is celebrating a guy who never played a game for us 7 years ago?

#blacklove

Well geez, Piggy, when you put it like that it makes Omar seem like kind of an idiot…

The thing that was goofy about his statement is vet QBs have gone through so many offseasons and played so many games of course they have a savvy about them as opposed to a rookie or 2nd year QB. That’s how you explain it. LOL

LOL @ Kong – I thought you re-posted what I put up earlier. That was funny stuff

169. We were one of the worst defenses in the league last season:
    31st vs the run
    21st vs the pass
    29th in total yards
    27th in scoring D

We lost whom some think made us better but I think we’re just one good, young player like Leonard Williams away from going from where we were in 2018 to being a top 16 D in 2019.

Not that Williams needs to be the guy; just using him as an example. Just saying that I feel that if we have the chance to make a trade for someone who can help out on our d line like that I see Grier doing it.

Hoping Wilkins is that guy. I know you probably mean one more addition, but we haven’t seen Wilkins yet.

It sounds like WR Preston Williams has a chance to be a sleeper if he can stay out of trouble off the field.

He’s definitely got the size and talent!

Yeah I read that he didn’t have the greatest pro day and left some scouts doubting him which is why he went undrafted. But everyone seems to think big play ability is there.

It’s not about talent with Rosen, he has the NFL tools and is a smart guy. It’s about those intangibles – leadership, consistency and how he deals with adversity.

It’s hard not to get excited after reading that article. I know it’s no pads, but I’m getting caught up in the hype.

It’s interesting that a lot of fans think Haskins reminds them of Marino. I think Rosen is closer to Marino in how they play. He’s got better feet than Haskins and can get the ball out quickly.

• pheloniusphish says:

Don’t see a resemblance at all between Haskins and Marino.

I don’t either but pre-draft I read comments like that here. I think it was because he’s solely a pocket passer and made some nice quick throws. But he doesn’t move as well as Marino or Rosen. He also doesn’t have a better arm than either of them.

Like I said earlier if Rosen can become a leader, consistent and deals well with adversity, we found our new young franchise QB. It will never be about physical skills. He’s not a runner or RPO guy but I don’t care about that. You don’t have to have a QB that does that to be successful. Plenty of QBs currently don’t do that and they have success.

May 21, 2019 at 6:14 pm
    Rosen has a great arm. He throws a pretty ball. He’s 6-4 225 so he’s the prototype pocket passer.
    ————
    And Fitz is lighting it up too. Of course we know what we have in him. He’s not going to suddenly be this fantastically consistent guy, but still it’s better to read about our guys lighting it up rather than how they look like shit, (which we have read at this time of year before), so for what it’s worth…excited.

I’m not talking about any of them lighting it up in red zone drills in OTAs which most of today was. I’m talking about skill set. Rosen has more talent than Fitz. Fitz is like a solid vet starting pitcher who is 100-100 in his career who keeps you in games 3.50/4.00 ERA. Rosen is like a Stephen Strasburg type prospect that you hope becomes what his talent says he can be.

I gotcha. Since you were originally responding to my post, I thought you were talking about the same thing I was, not going in a different direction, lol.

• pheloniusphish says:

Indeed

176. Phindog says:

I watch 2DW all the time. Great interpretation on the Phins.

Thanks Dog!

That was good stuff from a fan. He and I are on the same page about a lot of things. It’s not all awesome but it’s not dire either, at least at this point in May. LOL

• he never said Minkah was going to be playing LB. he is not giving anything to anyone so he just threw that out there.

Minkah will most likely be on the field 90% of the time as a 5th DB and be the Swiss Army knife in the secondary. But he will also blitz and make plays in the backfield. That’s what he did at Alabama and we saw some of all of that last year. Minkah will become a leader of this defense soon enough.

Flores’ multiple vision fits Minkah to a tee. I don’t want to hear about moving Jason Allen around too much and that’s what derailed his career. He couldn’t master anything. He wasn’t as good as Minkah and not as passionate about what he does. Two very different individuals. Both physically talented but one is more cerebral than the other. Just saying!

• I’m sure Minkah could be used all over the field. I’m just saying that Flores didn’t say he was going to be used at LB as a definite. He gave an answer just like he gives all his answers which is to say he’s not giving an answer.

I think Haskins was a classic pocket passer like Marino who rarely uses his legs

Other than that 🤷‍♂️

Haskins does not move at all like Marino. He’s even more stationery as he does not have Marino’s quick feet. He reminds me of a shorter Joe Flacco and not as strong an arm.

Honestly they all remind me of David Garrard…

Something about the veteran saviness I just can’t explain…

I understand. It’s quite intriguing. LOL

178. I just can’t imagine what this offense could turn into if Williams AND Parker can both get it going. With those two plus Kenny, Jakeem and Albert plus our TE’s and using guys like Drake and Gaskins out of the backfield or lined up on the L.O.S.

We’ve got some major weaponage on this team.

Lot of “ifs”

But I like our personnel too

But we need our OL to come through in order for those skill players to excel

• I agree with the “ifs” and about the o line but I’m not as concerned as I would have been in the past because I just think we got it right this time.

We look at a team like the Pats year after year and how they get so much out of players who are discarded by other teams and by players who aren’t drafted that high, especially in a place like the offensive line, and think “how do they do it?” and I think we’re about to see it.

Call me a homer if you want but this thing doesn’t have anywhere near the same feel it’s had over the past 10 or 15 yrs . This is legit.

No we don’t. We’re 0-16 material. 😉

A guy who specializes in fantasy predictions (and probably finishes last in his league every year) told me so

180. Phindog says:

I think we will see a huge step up from our TE’s this season and some WR’s we just claimed.

181. Phindog says:

For Mike E and all of us Zach fans. Hell yes . 🐕😎👍🥃🥃

If I was to give GM Chris Grier a grade at this point it would be A-. He gets a minus for not adding a proven edge rusher. We’ll see about scheme and all of that. Other than that there was not much else he could have done in 2019. In 2020 he’s going to have a lot more cap and draft capital. That will be the key for him moving forward.

This year with this roster is about Flores and his staff setting a standard of how we do things here.

One thing as fans we know for sure, nothing is the same as the past. Flores reminds me of Dan Campbell as interim HC. He wanted to make the team more physical. Flores has more experience as a coach than Campbell though.

Go Phins!!!

• it’s not over yet Tim. I wouldn’t be surprised if that edge guy becomes available and Grier goes out and nabs him.

he’s being patient and not just grabbing any guy who’s out there. even with Orchard there’s an out because his contract is so cheap. so right now there’s no guarantee this roster is going to look anywhere near close to what it looks like right now when camp begins and the season begins.

I WANT TO THANK MIKE E., TIM, WYOMING and anyone else who wished me well earlier today.
    As anyone who has stared cancer in the face well knows, having that dread disease can give you a new perspective on life. I’m so thankful I have my beloved Mrs. OD. She made yesterday one helluva lot easier for me. And the support of you guys (and gals) helps more than you’ll ever know.
    —————————
    Watched period one of tonight’s 6th game of the Western Conference Finals as home standing St. Louis took a 2-0 lead over the San Jose Sharks in St. Louis. Early January, the BLUES had the worst record in the entire NHL!! Then they fired their coach and embarked on Mission Impossible, namely, the quest to make the Playoffs! NOW, incredibly, they are not only IN THE PLAYOFFS; they are two periods away from THE STANLEY CUP FINALS!! only THE 1997 FLORIDA MARLINS have ever approached this kind of come back in my lifetime!! 10 games below .500 a third of the way through the season, they brought in 70-year old Jack McKeon who endured the snickers of “the experts” and led the Fish to a World Series victory in 6 games over the mighty New York Yankees. It is the stuff of legends!! Rookie star Miguel Cabrera’s home run in Miami against Roger Clemens was the turning point. OOPS!! –I said “1997.” I meant to say “2003.” Sadly, 2003 was the last year the Marlins were championship quality. NOW, they are a minor league franchise playing in the major leagues just to claim a share of the revenues. The World Series is the furthest thing from their minds.
    ————————
    Y’all enjoy the rest of tonight’s playoff game! And, if the BLUES win, I’ll certainly be rooting for them to upset that team from “BAWSTON!” in the Stanley Cup Finals. Good night to all of you.

OD, I recently found out a very good friend of mine has prostate cancer. He went to John Hopkins and they told him, let’s monitor this before making any invasive type moves. So that’s where it’s at. I wish anyone going through scary times like this the best. I wish you well.

Hey Tim

Are you going to the jersey shire this summer?

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! On to the Finals against the Bruins. Blues DOMINATED. We’ve outscored the Sharks 12-2 in the last 3 games.

I’ve been saying winner of Sharks/Blues will lose to the Bruins, but I actually think we have a good shot at winning. We are a deep team that can get scoring from 4 lines, plays sound defense, and has a goalie who has been very tough to score on.

Last time the Blues went to the Finals was 1970 against these same Bruins.

This has been an unbelievable, amazing run. I’m going to go riot in the streets and burn down my town, oh wait…that’s idiotic, I’m going to go drink. WOOOOHOOOO!!

186. naplesfan2010 says:

This guy Bergman is not a good writer, but here is his take:
    Miami Dolphins: Will Josh Rosen win the starting job, and what will it mean for the Fish Tank if he does?

Remember those halcyon four months east of the Everglades when the word “tank” evoked such optimism that you’d have thought the Allies had just liberated Paris? Rookie coach. No “stars” on either side of the ball. Fatzmagic under center Week 1. Finally, the Dolphins, after years of doggie-paddling between the sky and the surface, would tie an anvil to their fins and sink to the top of the draft, where something called a Tua could be waiting. Yeah, well, Steve Keim ruined all that. By acquiring Josh Rosen, last year’s No. 10 overall pick, in a trade that netted the Cardinals a fast pass catcher and change, Miami came away with a supposed franchise quarterback and arguably the steal of the draft. But at what cost? For all the Fish Tanker fans who wanted to throw away the 2019 season in anticipation of acquiring the QB of the future in the 2020 draft, Rosen’s presence poses a brief existential crisis. How much should Miami buy into Rosen? What if he’s not Dan Marino but Chad Henne — or, even worse, Joey Harrington? Will the Dolphins know by the end of the 2019 season — and, by then, will it be too late to eschew Rosen for a top QB in the 2020 draft? Will this QB question lord over Brian Flores and sabotage his rookie coaching campaign? The unpredictability of Rosen’s and Miami’s fate in 2019 and beyond make the Dolphins one of the league’s most fascinating stories to watch for onlookers, and one of the most confusing to understand for Miami diehards.

187. naplesfan2010 says:

To be fair, he is presenting each team as having a certain big problem. Such as
    New England Patriots: Who’s coaching the defense? Does it matter?

Matt Patricia is in Motown, Brian Flores in Florida and Greg Schiano … Well, let’s hope Massachusetts real estate offers a 90-day buy-back policy. Defensive disciples of Bill Belichick have often left for greener field-turf during his Patriots reign — Romeo Crennel took Cleveland’s HC job, Eric Mangini defected to Gang Green, Dean Pees moved to Baltimore, etc. But as often as defensive play-callers have left the Hoodie’s side, Belichick has found a suitable replacement. This season, after Flores, who called plays in 2018 but was not listed as the defensive coordinator, took the Dolphins’ head-coaching job, Belichick was reported to have hired Schiano. But the former Bucs head coach and Ohio State DC unexpectedly bounced due to personal issues that have not been explained in detail by him or the organization. At one point this offseason, the only person listed on the defensive coaching staff on New England’s team website was the safeties coach, Steve Belichick, Bill’s son. (There’s playing it close to the vest, and then there’s running a cottage industry out of Patriots Place.) So it was notable last week when it was reported by Patriots insiders that Big Belichick would go at it alone in 2019 and take on play-calling duties. If that’s the case, it would be the first time since 2011, when New England lost its second Super Bowl to Eli Manning, that he would call plays. The defensive maestro that he is, Belichick’s abilities as a game-planner are unquestioned; see Super Bowl LIII as a most-recent example. But as he enters his 45th season of coaching, is Belichick truly ready and able to take on those duties again? Maybe a better question: With Tom Brady still under center, does it even matter?

NEW BLOG UP!!