Dolphins through the years: Who is your favorite Dolphins player of the 1990’s?

354 Responses to Dolphins through the years: Who is your favorite Dolphins player of the 1990’s?

1. bailbondmike says:

Is this the new one?

JT99

Zach was the lunch pail guy, and JT was the big play guy.

MIke E — You nailed mine in the pics. Zach and OJ. Just loved watching those guys play. Heart and desire. OJ could catch anything in spectacular ways, even if other receivers might have been there quicker to not make it so much.

Zach

I’m going to have to leave the blog for a while. The window lickers…savage…takedown on the previous post has left me in need of therapy.

Okay, that was long enough. Talked over my feeling with my dog. Much better now. However, my dog was wondering why someone who self-declared not angry spent so may electrons justifying himself to ORob while insinuating blackmail.?

David is who he is, just like you and I are. You should meet him sometime — set up the very first Fest with GIgi. And “David Days” are at least interesting.

• pheloniusphish says:

Actually, I’m trying to be who you are…just don’t seem to grasp equanimity and have never looked for the good in people like you.

I’ve found most people have good in them and something to teach you. Just have to figure out what the 2nd is. And it’s a community here. All are free to choose who to interact with.

LOL @ “David Days”

• your hate is unhealthy, take a break for Your own sake

8. bailbondmike says:

In David’s defense…

9. Marino was my favorite player in the nineties, Jason Taylor didnt make his first pro bowl until the year 2000

I hired David because he told me was an AC contractor, it was a huge mistake! i never have met such a backwards individual in my life!
    so picture this, it takes him 2 weeks! to put an AC in my home from the start of the job, he’s prancing through my home all day back and forth with this other clown, my back rooms and hallway are flooded! meanwhile i’m without AC for 2 weeks! can you imagine being handcuffed to this dude for that long? WITHOUT A/C!!!!!….LOL
    _______________________________________________________________
    ______________________________________________________________

David….”it was working fine for a year after i left, why didn’t You call me if you had a problem”?
    _________________________________
    Response =
    Because i had my fill of you! I didn’t want you to come back to my home and knew you didn’t know what you were doing anyway.
    ___________________________________________________________________
    ____________________________________________________________________
    From David
    i explained to You 7 years ago, that Your home was outside of My service area, so I sent another company and installer over to sell the job, lay it out, and install it.
    im sorry the guy that sold it to you and installed it wasn’t to your satisfaction, but it was all i could do for out of my area. i did my part and you don’t seem to be able to grasp that.
    i cant control others
    _______________________________________________________________
    Response =
    your statement above is your way of trying to absolve yourself of the responsibility another lie.
    you took on that responsibility when you agreed to do the job. The guy that sold it to me is named David, I don’t care who you say you contracted it too, you brought over the equipment and was there for the entire length of the job.
    never was the installer there without you, not too mention he was one of two installers that you had to hire over a 2 week period because you pissed the first installer off. and the only reason you hired them was because you didn’t know how to put it in yourself not because it was “out of your area”, both installers were from the Orlando area.
    __________________________________________________________
    _________________________________________________________
    David;
    “Orob thought i should install it for free and pay the sub to install it too”,
    ___________________________________________________________
    Response =,
    you see this is where you’re outright lying, I guess you want to play the victim, why would i think you should install it for free? we had a contract for the total job, equip/install in writing! how could i possibly think that? not to mention you got paid in full upon botched completion! A clear example of a lie to absolve yourself of wrong doing.
    ______________________________________________________________
    _____________________________________________________________
    David;
    flooded your home is a lie, i was there, remember? that was months later when you broke the drain line, it made a very tiny spill, i cleaned it all up and fixed it for free even though i should have said fix your own problems
    _______________________________________________________________
    Response =
    another lie David,
    after you were paid and the install was finally done you had never came back to my home, everything was in that 2 week period of hell! at the end you finally crawled up under the unit and found the broken pipe, i can assure you that pipe was not broken prior to your arrival otherwise i would have had to fix it right away as the entire amount of condensation was dumping out of that pipe onto my floor! I think i would have noticed a flood prior.
    The reason i had to call another guy out was because it began leaking again sometime later, when the new AC guy showed me the problem it was because the condensate line was clogged however he also told me that should have never happened, the overflow valve was not working properly because your installer didn’t take the metal knock-out out of the pan so the overflow valve was inoperable, he also had to adjust the fan speed because you had it going 800 mph!

• 80o MPH? LMAO i wanted 1000

Orob, a football blog bitch 7 years too late?

this isnt the best place for this, and its 7 years too late for me to do anything to help You

You will have to find someone in ocala to torment

• nobody really cares if Your ac works or not on a football blog, there isnt anything to argue about, and because you are still angry about the WR comment, you are just aimlessly ranting.
        i already said what happenned, there isnt any need for anger fueled revisionist history.

just try and live in 2019 once in awhile, and call someone in Ocala if You need something

• ocalarob says:

I’m not bitching, i’m just telling it like it is, I’ve accepted your incompetence years ago. I could care less it’s water under the bridge, it wasn’t intentional on your part, you just didn’t know what you were doing. what irks me is your position on the matter which is intentional, you should just take full responsibility and stop lying to absolve yourself. you acknowledge the truth and apologize not defend your debacle. your responses show a lack of integrity.

11. my response is clear, what happenned was along time ago, and there isnt anything i can or should do now

if You need something , call someone in Ocala , that is the truth, i have NO reason to lie about what happened 7 years ago, its not important now anyway
    im retired, and im not prospecting for business on a football blog, lol

its not important to worry about what we cant change, what we CAN change, is the subject

its time to just move on, arguing, ranting, and name calling isnt integrity

if You need something, call someone in Ocala

• exactly what is Your reason for lying? do you want me to send you a check or something?
      do you want me to drive hundreds of miles for free to do more work forever?
      its not a 7 year install, there isnt anything to do now.

i dont have any reason too lie, just curious why you have one

• i feel like you are unhappy with something in Your life and just aimlessly venting,

i dont want to feed into what You are working out over there, so from now on my response will be nothing or call someone in Ocala

i dont work anymore, and You dont need anything or want anything anyway
        i dont want to argue about it forever, even if You do

can we please move past to another subject?
        im asking respectfully for everyone else in the room that really came for the Dolphins, not some work that was done along time ago

Q — for David and ORob….. do you still have e-mails for each other?

13. Phindog says:

Holy Sheep Shit !!

July 15, 2019 at 2:34 pm
    Q — for David and ORob….. do you still have e-mails for each other?
    ____________________________________________

i’m just wondering why you care? is it bothering you? are you trying to censor the content? scroll by if it bothers you, or is that some sort of power trip?

Stanger, don’t you ever get tired of trying to be blog mom?

16. thanks Stanger

Orob, would if help if i apologized for the house comment? if so i do
    i hope we can move on with this, no hard feelings on My part

Training camp isn’t too far away. LOL

Single digits now. 9 or should I say – Jay Fiedler days away.

Only 54 or 55 days from the start of the season as well.

19. i read an article phanphanatic i think, it stated that Fitz has to be WAY ahead of Rosen, or Rosen starts if Fitz only has a slight edge
    their argument for that was we already know what Fitz is, and hes kind of a bridge of sorts , or insurance, certainly depth
    but we do NOT know what ROsen can do for Miami, and the Dolphins need to know before the 2020 draft to know if we want to make a move on a first round qb or not

20. 13kvFINS says:

54 No Doubt, 99 a close second!!

Loved 29 Sammy M too (90’s ??)
    Feels like 29 was a 2000 plus guy

Though I can no longer remember one decade from the next, or my own name/age at times, ; )))

GOFINS!!!

21. Marino had 4 pro bowl selections in the nineties, Zach had 2, and Taylor 0

22. most people think of the 80s when they think of Marino, but he kicked ass for the entire decade of the 90’s also
    we would be extremely fortunate to ever get another player like Marino

Marino, Webb, Thomas, Bowens, Madison, Surtain.
    That’s my favorite 90s player.

Taylor, Mcduffie Gardner, Armstrong.
    That’s my 2nd favorite 90s player.

Taylor would easily be at the top, except I’m still annoyed he played for the stinkin’ Jest.

24. ill never forget the year Marino came back from the achilles injury, seemingly a little too soon
    he looked awkward in the patriot game in 1994, and seemed everything was working against him

then faced with a fourth and long, limping around on one leg, he stood taller than ever and delivered a downfield strike!

he destroyed the patriots on sheer will power, his athleticism failed him that day and he made a way to overcome it, big time performance!
    Dan Marino, had the heart of a true champion, i really wish we had a defense and could have gotten him back to the super bowl again

As long as Marino was still playing he’s gotta be the guy. But I had a Zach jersey so he’s #2.

I had Marino as the favorite 80’s guy, so I left him out of the 90’s. Really wanted to put Keith Byars in here too. Madison and Surtain will be included the 2000’s. Not fair to put them against guys who played a lot more in the 90’s.

Marino’s performance in that opener with the Patriots in ’94 post achilles was a thing of beauty. May have ben been my favorite regular season game ever. Shootout with Bledsoe and former Patriot Irving Fryar lit them up!

I was in the enemy’s lair watching that game. I had a friend that was a coworker from Maine that had moved to NJ. Huge Patriot’s fan, he was a lobster fisherman. He looked like the Gorton’s Fisherman. He also had a cat which I’m allergic to, I thought I was gonna die before the game ended. lol

One of the funniest times I shared with this guy . . . He worked in our lab making lenses. As the manager I also had to some lab work, so one day I’m back there tinting lenses while he was edging (cutting lenses) and he was working on the hand wheel which is a hand edger you would use if the lens came out too big and had to be trimmed. Not only did he have a thick beard, but his hair matched his beard in color and thickness too. He was trimming a lens and it slipped out of his hands, ricocheted off the wall, up to the ceiling, and then landed perfectly in his hair. He was like “Whoa, did you see where it went?” I was like “Dude, it’s in your hair!” as I was LMAO.

Tim – Now that you mention it, that does look like Fitz

31. the fourth down game winner, Marino to Fryar !

Im going to count Marino as an 80’s guy so i can pick Richmond Webb. By far one of my favorite OLmen all time.

Mike,

Not that it matters even a little bit, but since I like to point out very minor inconsistencies in an annoyingly pedantic fashion, Madison and Taylor were selected in the same draft….

Welcome back! lol

God Bless Kendrick Norton. First pic of the arm have seen from after.

35. Krishna says:

Biggest flaw in all of Dolphin history in my opinion. Sorry OD. Best QB in the era and Shula and owner did NOT get it done.

36. its still a team sport, anyone think Brady would have got a ring last year without their Flores led defense? i personally dont, i think the patriots defense was top notch, and played near perfection in the big game

that is what it takes to win a sb, both offense and defense need to be near the top of the league

a number one offense and number 26 defense wont do it

Shula definitely went all in on offense and skimped on the defense somewhat. It was mostly in an era w/o free agency and a salary cap, so there really wasn’t any excuse that he couldn’t spend on both offense and defense. Those didn’t come into effect until ’94

Krishna – Are you at a raw bar? 😉

39. TryPod says:

Oronde Gadsden. Louis Oliver. O J McDuffie. Of course Zach and Taylor.

speaking of dis-functional how about Lawrence Phillips?

I get the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s confused often. There will be a movie that I think could have been in any of those decades. I do sometimes confuse when players played as well.

Bernie Parmalee had a good career with the Dolphins and UPS.

Jeff Cross had a nice career for the Dolphins too, he could have been up there as well

If it’s the 90’s?
    Then I’ll have to go here!

MR Webb!!!!!

Tunsil actually reminds me a lot of Webb. Webb has elite feet too. Tunisl is probably more gifed of an athlete but i think Webb probably was a better run blocker. He mauled people.

46. 13kvFINS says:

Mike E

Jeff Cross lives near me in PSL Fl

Where Mets ST is..

I’ve seen him at Winn Dixie,
    I’ve had conversations with his GF while standing in line..

I wrote a piece about it many years ago…

GOFINS!!!

That’s cool. He was a good player for us, just not a great one.

• 13kvFINS says:

Yea!!

When I first met

I was in line at winndixie
        Heard this woman behind me talkin bout goin to Dolphin charity event..

Her conversation paused so I said I couldnt help overhearing her plans for the day

Told her I was a huge Dolphin fan and asked her how she came to get invited to a Dolphin event

She said Jeff Cross is my BF,
        and that’s who shes on the phone with..

I went into Dolphin mode and started rattling off his stats, and how much I respected him as a player and how good he was..

Jeff listened in while we talked,
        and played a part in the back & forth, laughing and asking me questions..

We talked about everything Dolphins

Told her I was a writer at a fan blog
        and that I’d be writing a story about our meeting,
        and told her where she could find it if interested..

She checked in a couple days later and several other times talkin bout our conversation, she liked my piece on it, she even conversed with our crew at the Shout..

She was very cool,
        Couldnt get Jeff to comment though,
        I see the beast at winn dixie at times
        but dont bother him other than one time when e was goin in as I was goin out I told him I was the guy that his GF was talking to that first day..

He said “”cool””..

One if these days I’ll catch him when hes not preoccupied…

GOFINS!!

Awesome interaction kv. Sounds like a nice guy. Only former Phins player ever had an extended talk with was Arturo Freeman at a blackjack table. He was way cool as well.

• 13kvFINS says:

Yea Stanger,

Was very cool for me,

And then for her to interact with us at the Shout
        (on his behalf)

AWESOME!!!

Arturo hit on 15 when the dealer had a 6 showing so Stanger let him know how to play. lol

We did talk a lot of blackjack. I was tempted to dig for Dolphins dirt, but for whatever reason just shot the shiot with him mostly.

48. in the early 70’s , my sister had a dolphin BF, charlie babb, but i told her to date a star, screw babb, he isnt a star. lol

she thought i would be impressed, but i wasnt, lol it didnt seem like a big deal at the time, babb probably only made $25, 000 a year or so.

i told her get married to Larry csonka and ill be impressed, lol

When you see the Jeffrey Cross for the first time
    You understand why didn’t shop at Publix
    He’s as big as a mountain
    And his girlfriend seems to be ok

50. i always liked Jeff Cross , He was a 9th round draft pick that made the pro bowl

51. the only Dolphin i ever talked to was Charlie Babb, and I wasnt impressed, lol

i guess he was ok, i just didnt like anyone getting close to my big sister, and i thought if a girl wanted to date a Dolphin player, go for the best one, lol

my sisters argument was she loves Charlie, not the other players, but i wasnt on board with any Fin player as my future brother in law unless he was the best , or one of the best

i was only 11 years old at the time, lol Babb was probably thinking, damn , its usually easy to win over 11 year olds, this ones tough

52. i guess it would be funny sitting in a bar someday telling someone, Hey, my brother in law was a member of the undefeated Dolphins team.
    they would say OMG really? who? Griese? Csonka?
    no, Babb

WHOOOOOOOOO, lmao
    nobody ever heard of him, well i guess the Dolphins knew who he was

it was funny watching the fins on tv and my sister would say, o there is Charlie, and i would answer, there goes charlie giving up another play , he sucks, lol

i would usually get hit pretty hard about then and watch the rest of the game in silence, lol
    she had a helluva punch

53. 13kvFINS says:

I liked Charlie Babb, #49 if I recall correctly..

Liked all them No-Name FRO-backs

Curtis Johnson, Don McNeil,
    and even Tim Foley

Loved 40 Dick Anderson

and of course the initial reason that the
    #13 became my favorite number as a child
    Jake Scott!!!

GOFINS!!!

• you remember Babb? wow and his number too? impressive imo, especially with Scott and Anderson making most of the highlights

Babb was drafted by Miami in 1972, talk about good luck, damn
      he was a rookie second string safety, behind Anderson and Scott of course

54. what kills me in retrospect was my sister asked me if i wanted to go to some Dolphin games in 1972, but she ended up going with her friends instead.

i had no idea of the relevance of the 72 season then, that was my first year of being a football and Dolphin fan, lol i wish i would have went. i actually remember some people saying why bother going, everybody knows the Dolphins will win, whats the point? lol

undefeated fans get jaded, wow it was a different era.

now i look back and think WTF did i miss, wow i wish i was there

55. most of the time i had bad luck going to Dolphin games, lol

one time i went to a Dolphin Chiefs game, it was billed as Dan Marino versus Joe Montana

who wouldnt want to see these 2 Qb on the same field, i was stoked as hell

but both Marino, AND Montana couldnt play that game due to injury, lol figures

so i watched Scott Mitchell beat the crap out of the chiefs, which was great, but Montana didnt play either

it was still a great game, but i really wanted to see the M and M boys go at it for the last time

56. my luck changed in 2006, i was sitting in club level seating during the vikings game, when Jason Taylor destroyed the vikings with huge plays and TD’s
    i had season tickets and Taylor was the defensive MVP of the entire league

Miami offense was anemic against the vikings that day, they were ahead and looked like they were ready to put the game away, but Taylor was having NONE of that, lol

the fans were yelling after the game, MVP MVP MVP all the way out of the stadium into the parking lot

everyone knew Taylor was the best in the NFL, and we were very fortunate to be witnessing something very special

Tremendous season JT had that year in Saban/Capers 3-4 defense. I’m hoping Charles Harris breaks out in his 3rd season in our new hybrid defense that will not be a pure 4-3 defense. I expect Harris to lineup as both an OLB and DE.

To be clear, I’m not comparing Harris to JT so let’s not waste time with comments suggesting I did. 😉

Charles Harris shouldn’t even be in the same post as JT. 🙂

^ghey LOL

On a serious note I mean a system change to utilize his skill set and not just plug him in as only one thing like a pure 4-3 DE. I don’t think he’s big and strong enough for that. Burke actually used him in some various ways like LB, DT and on stunts on passing downs and he showed some promise. But as a pure DE I saw him get swallowed up too often. That’s going to change. If he can’t progress this year he’s likely headed for busts status. I hope not.

• 13kvFINS says:

Funny back & forth Mike & Knight

“””” ^ghey””””

LMAO,

• 13kvFINS says:

And Mike pretending to give Knight shit for mentioning JT /CH in same post

Too Funny :)))

July 16, 2019 at 11:08 am
    ___________________________________________

I use to know Jeff Cross, he was dating a friend of mine, she would meet him at this bar that’s now called “big dogs on Palm and johnson st, I busted her there with Cross! she also had a boyfriend that was a cop, his name was Jeff, she worked at this seafood place called Cami’s on university and the BLVD, that’s how i knew her, The cop Jeff use to be at City Limits working detail, helped me out of a couple of scrapes, I’m not sure Cross knew who he was dealing with, this cop was a loose cannon! i heard later on that he was involved in prostitution and a whole lot of other shit! he got caught up in a big hollywood police sting, another cop was named Archie that was involved.

Lol at City Limits, went there a few times.

• ocalarob says:

I use to date the owners daughter Roxanne, they had a private apt in that place, as you walked in to the bar it was too the left upstairs. I use to hang out up there with Roxanne

• ocalarob says:

The name of that bar was different than Big Dawgs on palm and johnson, some dude from Detroit owned it but i can’t think of the name? it may have been DT Riots???

58. ironically, the Dolphins 1972 draft was one of the worst ever

Mike Kadish, Gary Kosins, Larry Ball, Al Benton, Charlie Babb, Ray Nettles, Bill Adams, Calvin Harrell, Craig Curry, Greg Johnson, Ed Jenkins,Ashley Bell ,Archie Robinson ,Willie Jones, Bill Davis, Al Hannah , Vern Brown

Roxanne . . . . you don’t have to put on the red light

Orande Gadsen makes one good catch his entire career and Dolphins fans sing his praises for decades. Jarvis Landry literally did that every play while breaking records and people on this blog couldn’t run him out of town soon enough.

Not true. Gadsden was clutch and caught big gain passes where Landry caught 75% or more of his passes within 0-5 yards. He was Davone Bess Part Deux. I’d take a Gadsden over Landry all day every day. RBs can do what Landry does with most of his catches. That guy is a hard-nosed player but also very overrated. He’s not friggin Julio Jones. Stop!

• 13kvFINS says:

I liked Big OG

Tree Frog finger tips !!!

LMAO @ SB! You guys took that hook, line and sinker!

If you want to win I’d start Fitz out of the gate, those first 3 games are going to be tough.

• ocalarob says:

Fitz was great in NY, went 10-6, since then he hasn’t really had a team around him, i think he may win the job and play well with this new regime calling the shots

Wow we agree, actually I’ve been agreeing with a lot of the things you’ve been saying lately, sans Marisnick, wink, wink.

I don’t think there’s any pressure for Rosen to start, the best man for the job, the farthest thing from their mind when the season starts may be should they draft a QB in 2020

It should definitely be the best man wins the QB job. I’m hoping Rosen is the best man, but if not Fitz should start.

These guys are killing it! Check out this article and their others too. Excellent in depth analysis.

Impressive stuff. And let me know who this Travis Wingfield guy that Wyoming is always retweeting is.

Sorry to see the call that Akeem Spence will get cut cause of lack of scheme fit. Like him…. but then camp hasn’t even opened.

The CBS Sports Staff picked the Top 100 NFL Players of 2019 — and not one Dolphin. Miami was the only team without a player. No Howard, No Jones, No Tunsil.

I would love to see wilkins line up as a RB in goal line situations!

Stanger
    He’s about the only one left that I can stand to read!

The rest of them have went off the deep end!!!!!!!!!!

Mike from your DL article, the dude either can’t add or we’ll play with 2 DL 40% of the time, which I’m ok with.

steveccnv says:
    July 17, 2019 at 4:06 pm

It’s just a beauty contest, keep you panties on ladies😙
    ——————————————————
    Surely wouldn’t be a beauty contest if they took them off.

looks like that Astros base runner who ran over the angels catcher got a two game suspension and was hit with some chin music

I think they’re going to want Rosen to watch a few game films of Fitz running the offense before he gets a start. Mostly because of Fitz simply being a seasoned vet. I expect the competition to be very close and the vet getting the nod.

Nothing wrong with that either. To me, when the time comes for Rosen to start I hope he keeps the job and it’s not a flip flop all season.

Tim — all the more reason to hope that Fitz starts up front. But then guess true best case is that Rosen looks like the new Marino and can’t keep him out.

Yeah if Rosen plays well and wins the job that’s great too. The guy has NFL skills. But being that we didn’t draft him top 10 or even as a 1st rd pick and we have him on a cap friendly salary for 3 years we have the luxury to bring him along at any pace the coaches see fit. It’s when a team uses a top draft pick for a QB that there is a lot of pressure to start playing him right away. There is no urgency to start Rosen in Miami right away. And it doesn’t mean that’s because he’s not cutting it. Unless we’re having a winning season with Fitz as the starter, Rosen will play this season.

76. TryPod says:

I forgot all about Ferrell Edmunds and J.J. Johnson.

• TryPod says:

I only mention this because there was a time when I believe I could name every starter the Dolphins had- obviously that time has long since passed.

I wanted us to draft Tremaine Edmunds, son of Ferrell. Very nice player.

Shoot, just read a little blurb about Jim Caldwell leaving the team this season to address personal health concerns. That’s a bummer, he was a big plus being here

??????????????

Assume that means not much Phins news these days….. but look at it this way — what news could there be other than arrests, suspensions or holdouts?

80. Very cool, Litecoin is now the official crypto currency of the Miami Dolphins

Litecoin was one of the best performers yesterday, seemingly buoyed buy the Dolphin acceptance news

LTC was up 16 percent yesterday! I’ve had it for almost 6 months and it was alright, but the Dolphins endorsement made LTC my best crypto coin out of 12 that I own now,

Go Miami, and go LTC !

81. Buying LTC and holding it until the halvening event will be extremely profitable

82. Litecoin kicked bitcoins ass yesterday, I think the Dolphins endorsement made buyer sentiment rise
    If Miami starts winning , LTC could explode, lol. LTC has a high price target, but the target might have to be adjusted higher after the Dolphins endorsement

83. Despite the scare bears babywhining about BTC is used for criminal use,

what they are NOT mentioning, is the US Dollar has been used for criminal activities for over 200 years!

BTC is 190 years behind the dollar for criminal uses
    BTC leaves a computer trail that can be traced,
    cash is tough to trace, almost impossible if You didn’t know the serial numbers beforehand like a sting setup

I don’t see why cryotocurrency gets blamed for criminal activities when criminals had no problem committing crimes before crypto existed for hundreds of years

84. If a person Try’s to buy some weed, coke, meth, etc, or a prostitute , or something stolen or whatever other crimes going on , with BTC,
    ,the overwhelming majority of the time they won’t succeed , and might get shanked or shot

They ONLY want USD, Cash

The rookies start camp on Sunday right?

Gonna be one unhappy subcontractor when the lawsuits come. Whole city is without water….. and that means AC too. Got a call on this at like 5AM like a hurricane was coming.
    ————————————–
    “A water main break in Fort Lauderdale has left the city and neighboring municipalities without water service at least until Friday morning.

Mayor Dean Trantalis said a Florida Power & Light subcontractor repairing electrical lines near Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport damaged a 42-inch water main Wednesday.”

87. twicethethe says:

Tim – yes, rookies on Sunday and everyone else on Wednesday. Can’t come soon enough (I’m sure everyone in Ft. Lauderdale is also saying the same about that water main repair).

88. Krishna says:

I don’t even get crypto currency or know what that means. Seems like a made up investment scam that ends up BS and taki
    ng people’s money. Really don’t get it.

89. Krishna says:

et football. Team sport.

90. Krishna says:

^Get

91. naplesfan2010 says:

HC Buzz
    Brian Flores, Dolphins
    Comparing first-year head coaches who have yet to go to training camp, manage a game situation in their new role, or so much as throw a challenge flag is slightly absurd, which is why we’re not ranking them here. What people do have to go on with Brian Flores versus Zac Taylor or Kliff Kingsbury or any other rookie HC is the experience (and success) they bring into a job, as well as the roster at their disposal. Is the talent a fit for their expertise? Are they walking into a situation that is conducive to them succeeding? On those points, Flores faces an arduous task. The Dolphins might have the worst overall roster in the league. On the other hand, Flores achieved greatness while in New England, as he was a part of four Super Bowl winners during his 15 seasons with the club. Flores called defensive plays last year, which is notable considering that the Patriots finished seventh in points allowed. Whether he can work wonders with the woeful Miami defense is another matter.

Twice sighting! Twice sighting!

Stanger – Hope they fix that water main quick bud!

94. Krishna says:

Naples, I keep seeing your vision. Hope you are right.

Legit thunderstorms here in NJ, reminds me of those FLA downpours

96. naplesfan2010 says:

Rained hard for a couple hours this afternoon, but then that is normal for this time of year here. Happens almost every day. At least 50 lightning bolts today. Again, normal.

We’re having very FLA like weather here in NJ the last few days and the next few as well. 90+ degrees and high humidity daily. Heat indexes over 100 degrees

It is July, we usually get a heat wave in July or August. The extreme heat always brings heavy rains too.

97. Krishna , crypto currency is misnamed imo

It’s not much like a currency, what it’s more like is an international asset that is highly speculative and minable through blockchain technology

As the coins become incresingly difficult to mine, and the closer it gets to the halvening events, the coins will rise, maybe faster if something good happens like with Litecoin getting announced as the Dolphins official cryotocurrency

I have NO plans to use any of my crypto assets as currency, I buy and hold them until the halvening event, that is when they should be near their peak and ready for a 9 month correction until the bull run up to the next halvening event

I will sell them 75 percent at the halvening event, each coin has different dates for their events

I will ride 25 percent down for 9 months, then when it finishes its next halvening event, sell all of them

Crypto is good money, 5 months ago I bought BTC at $3400 each and now they are worth $10,650 each

I Tripled my money in 5 months, but just getting started

the BTC halvening event is still almost 10 months away, so BTC will continue rising for another 10 months

98. The scare bears are doing what’s been done in the stock market for 100 years

They freak people out over a stock or crypto, and the price drops momentarily, guess WHO buys the dips then? The same idiot that shorted the stock with his scare bear tactics, will buy the dips for gains too

The New York Time first exposed Donald Trump for his pump and dump tactics many years ago.
    He would pump up a stock, and secretly sell the peak and leave everyone hanging.
    This is when he first started hating the times, they exposed his racket to protect other investors.

He is far from the only one, many , many, many others have done the same.
    Of course BTC freaked me out a LITTLE bit, but I’m hard, I won’t sell til the halvening, if it drops too much, I just buy more
    BTC and LTC have rallied hard the last 2 days, the ones that panic sold when it was falling , screwed up IMO

I’m so far up on it now , I rarely buy more because it just screws up my overall price

99. Warren buffet says the best time to buy is when there is blood on the streets

In our words, when the price looks so bad it looks hopeless, buy the pivot and hold it

100. Trump, Mnuchin, Powell, even Morgan chase all have ridiculed BTC
    Morgan chase says BTC is a conduit for crime, but they busted a boat that Morgan chase owned with tons of cocaine on it, they must know crime, but not BTC

I suspect they have all seen its meteoric rise, and all of them have the ability to tank the price for a day, and creste a nice entry point for themselves secretly.

The volumes have skyrocketed, obviously billionaires are saying one thing and doing other things secretly

I have no proof any of these people are buying BTC, but this is one of the most common tricks in either market for 100 years

And I would bet $20 at least half or more of the above mentioned people bought the extreme dip

Blood in the streets, the rich people know when to buy

101. naplesfan2010 says:

Great advice, David.

Where does one purchase such instruments?

• I recommend binance, get the margins

Best entry points on the coins are usually between 630 AM to 9 am, that’s when some sell their crypto to buy stock when the market opens.

Set low limit guys, and some lower ones, eventually they will execute and You will be up
      I always set my low limit buys up around 5 am, knowing that I’m fairly near the low part of the day

The lower limit buys are heavier as well

To maximize your earnings, use USD to buy BTC, use margins 3-1,
      And buy LTC with the BTC

That way you get the gains from BTC and LTC both against the dollar, PLUS margins

LTC went up 16 and BTC 9
      So if you used USD to buy BTC, and then used BTC to Buy LTC, Your base currency rose 9, and you have 3 with margins for everyone You own, plus you get LTC 16

That’s 25 percent in one day with triple margins, incredible

BTC target price is north of $50,000 IMO

102. Binance now offers margins on BTC, this is the first time banks have agreed to loan credit to buy crypto, EVER

So we hear the big wigs saying BTC is garbage, crypto is no good,
    But banks are loaning credit for it now, and the SEC is approving new blockchain IPO,s

The sec is the one that could put a hurt on BTC, but they said Crypto is an asset like Gold, not a currency
    The Dolphins have accepted crypto and many others have too

So at the SAME time many of the influential people are trashing crypto, it’s getting acceptance it never had before, wtf is going on?
    Entry points for themselves, NOW they believe what I believed along time ago.

I had plenty of BTC, but I went in heavy on LTC 2 days ago,

LTC is up 28 percent in 48 hours

103. Binance just started offering margins a few days ago, so I’m going to get out of coinbase and robinhood and get into Binance

I’m doing very good, but margins? Omg, I’m in! 😎
    I always wished cryotocurrency had margins, now it does.

This is the green light for whales,whales have to have margins, so it should rise faster.

But , Be sure to store your crypto in an offline wallet so it cannot be stolen

104. naplesfan2010 says:

“The Dolphins might have the worst overall roster in the league.”

I don’t really see a roster bereft of talent. I remember the roster back in 2007.
    Now THAT was a mess.

If you look at our roster, we’re bereft of any established superstars. We may have a few young players that can be potential superstars, but no one has been consistently great. Our veterans are OK to good, but again, no superstars.I think that’s why we get overlooked so often

Agreed! Tired of seeing people say that.

Here’s how I break it down.
      OL – unknown, a few guys returning but most of it has been turned over.

TE – average at the moment with young upside but added a solid vet in Dwayne Allen.

WR – solid group of size and speed, plenty of explosiveness.

QB – other than knowing who Fitz is as a vet, unknown with Rosen but he has upside.

RB – solid young group with plenty of versatility and explosiveness.

DT – young deep group with upside.

DE/Edge – very questionable.

LB – solid young group with upside and a vet in Alonso who makes plays.

DB – deep and talented group, how many secondaries can say they have as many talented players as we do?

STs – I’d say above average.

The issue here is that we are loaded with young players who are not in their prime yet. So there is no way to predict these guys moving forward. Can’t say great but can’t say bad either.

105. With margins and compound interest,
    An investor could purchase $20,000 of BTC, which would be $60,000 buying power with margins.

If the investor used that BTC to buy LTC, BSV, BCH, And ETC, then the $60000 buying power would get both the BTC base rise, plus the alt coin rise against the USD

When you sell at the halvening, sell alt coins to BTC, then BTC to USD, and that’s it

With this original $20,000 investment, buying BTC and alt coins, with margins, it will be easy to make six figures in gains , in about 10 months or less

Of course if You are rich like Stanger and can buy a dozen BTC, lol you would be a millionaire in a year

That’s a ROI that would make anyone happy IMO

106. My system is a little more complex, but even more profitable.
    I use robinhood penny stock gains to buy BTC dips, so a big percentage of my BTC holdings are basically house money

3 years ago I started with $400 and built the penny stock gains into 25,000, then I used most of that to buy BTC when it was dirt cheap

So now I have a six figure profile, just barely, but from just the $400, plus $8,000 more I put into BTC

So for $8400 investment, I went to a little over $100,000 in 3 years, my ultimate goal is $1,000,000, don’t know if I’ll make it, but I’m swinging for the fences.
    Most of my gains came in the last year or so, I wasn’t very good when I first started

• Good stuff Wyo, the light really came on for McMillan from October on, he will be a huge factor in our defense this season

Doesn’t matter, we’re rebuilding, so everyone on our D sucks. Minkah, Howard, Baker, Wilkins they all suck.

• Where is this coming from?
        Do they know they are supposed to suck? Lol
        Because they are preparing to play very well when the season starts

I think they will kick some ass, I wouldn’t write Wilkins off already that’s for sure
        Let’s see what happens when the bullets are live

He came on late last season after missing his rookie season on that freak knee injury by his own teammate on STs his first pro game ever, albeit the preseason. McMillan can play and so can Baker. These are the guys national pundits don’t really know.

108. Wilkins already has one tackle on draft day, lol

I’m sure he will get plenty more during the season

Another day, another airport Bloody Mary. Could be worse… could be hinging my future on the viability of imaginary “assets.”

I’m only good for one Bloody. Then I switch to Mimosas

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    July 18, 2019 at 1:20 pm

They ONLY want USD, Cash
    _______________________________________
    The purchase of drugs or prostitution with bitcoin is not a local purchase, its dark web activity. Bitcoin isnt regulated and its not traceable as a transaction (its transfer trail can be erased very easily). Bitcoin also isnt usually involved in small purchases its being used in trafficking large amounts, and its also being used in human trafficking. Despite this i dont think these are reasons to shut down crypto currencies, as its not the currency’s fault for how its used and thre are some positives about it as well. Still an overwhelming majority of the times they are successful using bitcoin for criminal activity, so that statement you made really isnt correct.

What will shut down crypto currencies is governmental regulation. The entire world’s economic system is based on regulated currency previously backed by hard asset (gold). Crypto currencies, like most current national currencies, have no intrinsic value. The difference is that crypto is uncontrollable and in regulated. It is a myth, doesn’t really exist outside of some computer coding. It is a bubble waiting to pop.

That’s not to say that there is not money to be made to n crypto. There will be billionaires made and people bankrupted. It is highly speculative, a con game on a global scale.

Absolutely. We had a new employee a couple of years ago that was into crypto currencies. He was also mining. I looked into it, but found out about the same thing you just wrote, very volatile.

Black Sambuca is better than white. Fight me.

114. Krishna says:

I’d rather you show me, than fight me.

115. Krishna says:

Crypto seems like mortgaged-backed securities to me. I don’t see any tangible value. Just fluff….again none of explanations provided any value or asset, imo. Totally random speculation.

116. Krishna says:

Anyone looking at investments in mj. That’s going to be revolutionary.

117. Krishna says:

Several states are doing it and Texas just passed some major legislation to open the door here. Just wow.

118. Krishna says:

Ha! One more post and I’m on a David rant…sorry.

Where’s Thick as a Brick?

A lot of great songs here tonight. Wish I could have seen some of those live. To be honest, I like the studio version of Into the Mystic much better.

Comfortably numb is one of my favorites.

It’s been something of a sad summer. I guess it’s part of getting older but a couple of people from my childhood have passed away, these songs remind me of that time in my life. You Florida people might have seen the news about one of them, a helicopter crash off the Bahamas early on the 4th of July. One of the pilots on board was from my hometown, we grew up together, I was a bridesmaid at his sister’s wedding, just a shock to everyone in my little hometown.

Ah, here’s the music man!

I sang the guitar solo really well. lol

So how are we going to be this year? I have no idea, haven’t read a thing in months.

Nobody knows, even the coaches. This team is in such a deep transition with really no legacy and a lot of young players, it’s going to be like going on a ride at the amusement park where you have no idea what to expect. LOL

This team has talent, it’s up to the coaching staff to get the most out of it. It’s not a team ready to win now, but I’m not buying we’re the worst team in the league either.

126. dloxahatchee says:

Saw Marshall Tucker band with Charlie Daniels down here about a year ago, great show

I saw the Marshall Tucker Band outside at FDU in Hackensack, NJ back in the late 80’s. They sounded the same as the record. They were very good.

129. BailBondMike says:

WR Saeed Blacknall is big and fast. Probably a camp body with potential to make practice squad. I think he was one we did a private workout with prior to the draft.

130. BailBondMike says:

T/C starts in 4 days, rookies report tomorrow! Semi-boner anybody… Anybody? Nah, didn’t think so.

BBM – I’m pretty excited! Finally the pads come on baby! Hope to hear some promising things

• BailBondMike says:

Yeah, I’m ready to hear some promising news. Just watched “The Waterboy” for the umpteenth time to get me pumped up for the season. LOL I just wish when his girlfriend showed him her boobies that they would have given us a peek.

this offseason reminds me of a Burt Lancaster movie…..can you guess which one?

Walking thru a casino today and Dolhins highlights were on. I saw the win over the cheats play. Rumor (I’m starting the rumor now) has it that, that play is why Gronk retired.😉

We finally get to discuss some football news tomorrow. 🙂

best male vocalist ever?
    Roy Orbison or Freddy Mercury?

For instance Geoff Tate is one of my favorite vocalists of all time but he’s not the best. He’s just another great one for me. Capeesh? LOL

Look at this shit. Never see screwballs thrown anymore and this was a badass one.

I agree with Tim a lot about how you feel about a vocalist is your flavor. However I do think you are also right that you can spot a great vocalist despite your personal taste, just no way to judge best without taste getting in there to break the rules.

Whitney Houston is one of the best though.

Orbison had a real warm voice, resonated well I’d have him on my list too. Mercury too. It’s just too hard to pick a best in that league of vocalist. All very very good

Mercury had a powerful voice and great vocal control

• manitobafinfan says:

Call me an asshole if ya like but her I will always love you from bodyguard soundtrack annoyed the shit out of Me to the point we toured toussades in Vegas ,they had a waxie of her , I strangled it .. this was within a year of her death … Pipes I spose so, hated her though

Wow I feel old. 2330 in NOLA and there is a traffic jam out side hotel as I have my night night smoke

Freddie Mercury was a better vocalist than Roy Orbinson. Carrie Underwood is a better vocalist than Whitney Houston. Fight me.

I think Steven Tyler probably deserves to be on the list too. It’s not silky smooth vocals but ya have to admit he can belt it out and has extremely good vocal control

Oh and Toba Whitney the person yeah that’s a train wreck but Whitney the vocalist is really elite vocals. They pimped her songs for sure.

144. ElephantRider says:

If you’re talking “vocalist”, nobody beats Mike Patton.
    Dude can out sing almost anybody, has a 6 octave range, and is an instrument all to him self.

Stevie Wonder?

146. TryPod says:

You’re all wrong: it’s this guy:

147. BailBondMike says:

Get your asses to work rookies!!!!!!!!!!

Pigarro Oinkichi is the greatest vocalist ever

149. naplesfan2010 says:

This season is Impossible to predict. The schedule is a killer one, especially for a team with a new HC and coaching staff and near opposite philosophy on both offense and defense than what the roster was designed for the year before.

It is easier to predict a 1-3 win season than a playoff season for sure. Turmoil on the OL and no pass rushers at all are certain doom, not to mention zero QBs from last year, not even a backup.

However, the core returns from a team that won 7 games last year.
    Plus we had a good-to-great draft and stole Rosen, Allen, and Rowe.

The key though is that the coaches mostly came from the GOAT Dynasty, so they might know how to win games. And the HC just had the best defensive game in Super Bowl history. Soooo …

• ocalarob says:

the key to winning is being effective at running the ball on first down, i think we will be more of a read and react D which will probably be a step up from last year. we shall see

Well I guess I didn’t get enough fishing in FL.
    Went to the rigs out of Galveston!

• BailBondMike says:

Holey Mackerel 🙂

• I need to start hanging out with You Wyoming, lol

I was on the reefs in Jupiter yesterday, but most of the fish I caught were trashed by sharks near the boat. I had two nice groupers sawed in half, and some snappers got trashed too. I have fished there many times , but I have never seen so many sharks as yesterday. I have heard of days like this, but that was my first.

I was catching small sharks left and right too,
      I had a 4 foot shark on the line, and a huge shark tried to take it boatside, but the sharks head and body was very wide and enormous, so big I decided to jerk the 4 foot shark out of the water, and leave the area.
      I’m not positive it was a great white, but it looked like a great white , there is a good chance it was due to its size, at least 12 foot long, maybe 13

It was the biggest shark I have ever seen, and I felt like I needed a bigger boat, lol

I’ve been saying that for awhile now. X is one of the best corners in the league. Not just because he’s a Dolphin, but because he is. 🙂

Steve, there have been some here who think X still has to prove it and he’s not there yet. I think he started to get there in 2017 and showed he was even better in 2018. He has already arrived in my eyes as an elite corner and the team paid him as such.

153. 13kvFINS says:

MinXkah FitzHoward

GOFINS!!!

Sad to hear Jim Caldwell is stepping down due to health issues and instead of being QB/Asst. HC he’ll now be only a consultant. That was an early blow to Flores and his staff. He was going to be Flores’ right hand man. Now he needs to find someone else.

Allen was battling an injury towards the end of organized team activities (OTAs) early last month

In the WTF department, MSN has an article called one bold prediction for every team, but for the Fins it just says Rosen gives a thumbs up after speaking at a news conference. The Dolphins gave up a 2nd and..

Every other team has a bold prediction.

Trying to digest what it means that Hull and Tank are the PUP list. That means they can play once they’re healthy, right? I don’t think this has any ramifications for the season at this early stage. It may just protect them on the roster until they’re able to participate. Anyone???

Mike – PUP this early just means they’re not ready to practice yet. They can come back anytime right now. I think after final cut down they have to designate them for return after six weeks.

Thanks man, I guess what I don’t understand is why they even need a designation at this point. Know what I mean?

Bell is already reacting to the heat in NY. I predict an early team meltdown for the Biplanes.

Watching Bell melt down in NY is one of the story lines I’m most looking forward to this season. Looks like it’s starting earlier than expected, lol.

Mid – Here’s the correct language for PUP – They are eligible to be activated at any point, but will miss at least the first six weeks of the regular season if they remain on the list into the regular season.

Maybe the PUP keeps them safe from roster cut downs.?

That’s what I think. I guess instead of keeping them on the roster, they can keep other guys and still keep them on the PUP until they’re ready, and if it carries on to the regular season, then they can’t come back until week 6 at a minimum

162. i understand Flores hasnt proved anything at HC yet, but Adamn Gase is rated higher than Flores?

not