Dolphins fall to 0-3, lose to Cowboys 31-6. However, all is not wrong in Miami

There’s hope. While there are many things compromised by the deep roster purge, there are glimmers of hope. The first half of this game it wasn’t that obvious which team had just emptied its roster and which team was probably a contender to be the best team in their conference. The Miami Dolphins actually had an edge in T.O.P. in the first half, 16:11 to 13:49. The first drive looked nice yet K Jason Sanders failed to convert the FG to give the Dolphins their first lead of the season. Despite the fact that we didn’t score, it was evident this team had a different feel with QB Josh Rosen at the helm instead of Ryan Fitzpatrick. There was confidence, aggressiveness, and in general there was life in this offense.

The defense wasn’t especially strong, but in the first half they were in the game. There’s still no pass rush, and we don’t look great against the run, but the Cowboys high powered offense was held in check in the first half. You want depressing? This kills me by the way. I know it’s early in the season, but here are the 3 sack leaders on our team. All newcomers, John Jenkins, Vince Biegel and now Taco Charlton who has played only one game are all tied with a grand total of 1 sack! Not one Dolphins defender who was here last year or longer has a sack. That’s ugly. I guess I was wrong about Taco, he’s better than what we got (Ugh!).

DeVante Parker still remains the enigma he’s always been. He’ll make the wonderful contested catch with a very low chance of success, and then run an easy crossing route with no defender within 5 yards and allow an easy floater to go right through his hands. That could have been a TD. Preston Williams seems to have passed him on the reliability chart and it seems that Rosen and Williams have good rhythm between them. Jakeem Grant was extremely amped up to play in front of his home crowd in Texas and his hands were even more amped up, dropping not only another punt but a couple of passes too. How much longer does Grant get to field punts? That should be a legitimate question.

It’s only 3 games, but I can’t think of one guy on our defense who has been impressive. What happened to our LB’s Jerome Baker and Raekwon McMillan? They have been quieted to the point you forget they’re there. Sam Eguavoen who made lots of noise in preseason has come back down to earth. Yesterday was different, the Cowboys made our best defender Xavien Howard look like Eric Rowe for a game. They picked on X all game and were successful doing so. This is one X would like to forget, but I’m sure Rowe was thankful to have the pressure off him for 1 week. To be fair, Eguavoen led the team in tackles yesterday, but there hasn’t been an impact play all season. I’m wondering if Christian Wilkins blew his load trying to body bump Roger Goodell at the draft because he hasn’t been seen nor heard from since. It’s still early though so I’m far from panicking about him. Charles Harris though, oh boy . . .

I laugh to think how many discussions we’ve had here about which RB is better suited to be the feature back here in MIA. I’m pretty sure after 3 games that we haven’t seen him get regular playing time, because it’s clearly not either Kenyan Drake or Kalen Ballage. While Drake has the runaway speed he’s too much of a finesse runner. While Ballage has the size he’s too much Sta Puft for me. He goes down as soon as he sees the graham crackers coming. Also, both are supposed to be good receivers out of the backfield and this season they just keep dropping the ball. I think it’s just a matter of time before we see more of Mark Walton and Myles Gaskin. We’ve also been economical with our use of FB Chandler Cox and I’d like to see that change too.

Rosen is the reason. If you’re tuning in this year, you’re probably watching to see how the young QB fares, or you’re a masochist, either one. I think he brings lots of promise. I’m not sure if he can be an elite QB but he looks like he belongs on the playing field and his arm talent might be the best since good ole Danny boy. Granted, that isn’t saying all that much, you’ve seen the list of QB’s that have been here since ’99, it’s fugly! I said I wanted improvement every week, and although on the scoreboard it was just a tiny increment better, I know we were competitive, we could have been ahead. The 2nd half things unraveled, but when you’re looking for positives, you have to take them where you can find them. Maybe by season’s end we can put 2 halves together and play a solid game the whole way.

GO DOLPHINS!!

#staythecourse

993 Responses to Dolphins fall to 0-3, lose to Cowboys 31-6. However, all is not wrong in Miami

Leave Sanders alone. He’s got a big leg and a real nice season last year. Plus what’s it really matter?

Sanders? Who cares!
    Their are players mailing it in!

And I don’t care what your interview said! Your play is telling a different story!

is halftime over yet

Oh, ok

Now we just need 4 pass rushers

bookman — still time to make the Fest. Got a ticket for you. And way I figure the first four games were all about setting up for a homeraide win.

I am going to NYC a week after Fest, sorry cant make it

Nice bounce.. now let’s take the ball away

Friday 10/25-Tuesday 10/29. Dolphins are on MNF that weekend.

We don’t have set plans except to watch Packers on SNF and Fins game

Taking train from Glens Falls to Penn Station

12. bailbondmike says:

Not watching game but from what I’ve read on here we missed a couple FG’s and a few more dropped passes or we would be down 1 or in the lead.

13. bailbondmike says:

I dated a ballerina who was from Glen falls.

Man does Rowe suck

ANYBODY NOTICE 2/3 of the seats are empty??

• bookman11 says:

Yeah looks like a Tampa Bay Rays game

Didn’t notice but makes sense. Chargers are one of the worst traveling teams there are to Miami. And you well know how much of a difference that makes at Hard Rock. Why we complain about all the fans of the other teams. Miami is a hot place to go.

Pitch and catch

We have no defense

Oh and CBs

Oh and DLs

Am I the only one sorta of pleased by this game? Looking like they are gelling into an actual team.

21. bailbondmike says:

Damn, I see Texans tied it up. Come on Carolina!

Taco!

Effort!

When you say Taco I say VIVA

In my own selfish news…… Pirates fired Clint Hurdle. Really like and respect him. Sadder for me than whatever happens in this game.

A kicker that could make FGs what a novel concept

Well that’s a young QB move????????

I’m not feeling sorry for the Chargers and there injuries!

I told you guys the Dolphins are a 2nd half team

Unreal that their punter has been so much better than our kicker in this game

Tale of 2 halves for Rosen .. looked good 1st half, few brain farts and bad decisions 2nd 1/2

I’d say it’s more about Charger adjustments than Rose!
      We can’t make any because we don’t have a plan B!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      😦

The pats DB was not ejected for this

Pretty clear targeting. Only thing I can guess is they might say Allen was lowering his head which change the target area. I still think that one was clearly targeting

Go Panthers

We are in range of only losing by 10

Know it is most relative…… but best Dolphins game of the year. And the first four teams were real tough.

Skins — not so tough.

Panthers Win!

Taco had a good game. Something positive to look at. Rosen looked pretty good too.

30-10, Chargers. That makes me 4-0 so far picking winners on Dolphin games AND 4-0 against the spread on all four games. I hope some of you guys are enjoying yet another chapter in the ROSS HORROR SHOW however I AM NOT. Losing by 20 points against a beat-up football team is nothing to be proud of. ONLY the “Tank for Tua” crowd can be pleased with this.
    ————————
    OFFICIALLY, Miami’s FO will say over 60,000 tix were sold for this game. And they’ll be right, especially since so many tickets WERE SOLD TWICE (once to season ticket holders, then, again, to someone on the internet). But the brutal truth is 2/3 of the seats were empty.
    ————————
    I can almost hear a couple of familiar blog members saying “Everything’s OK. We made improvements. The plan is working, so stick with the plan. Ross and Grier know what they’re doing. In 3 years we’ll be winning playoff games!”
    ————————
    BULLSHIT!!! 3 years from now we STILL won’t have won a single playoff game. THREE years from now all but the legally blind will say ROSS has been a colossal failure. And Grier will be making more bad selections for some other unfortunate team (the Buccaneers?). Maybe the light will finally go into the “on” position inside Steve Ross’s football mind. Maybe he’ll finally take his 1-2 billion dollars in profit and let Mr. Beal run the show. THAT is the only PLAN that has a chance of working. The current plan was born dead on arrival!!

OD — we each have our own way to look at the team. Enjoyed least the first half of this game. Saw some real signs of at least better. And always this year can’t help but think about the off season….. and that offseason was the real game plan all along.

I just love the team and am along for the ride. Not sure what else to do. Not like I can make the picks, the plays or fire the owner.

• pheloniusphish says:

Maybe you should turn in your “fan” card for a “Whiny Bitch” card. At least that would be truth.

So far I loved the results of every game but one. I’m sure the Pats will pull it out for two games I hated but lots of teams that were supposed to win, have been losing.

On to us, I really am beginning to wonder at our second half adjustments. It may be our extreme lack of talent but the second half has been almost unwatchable for 4 straight weeks.

We are much worse in the 2nd half than the first
      It doesn’t matter at the end of the day
      But Flores shouldn’t get a pass just bc the team is rebuilding
      It looks like he is getting outcoached in the 2nd half of games
      I’m a little worried about this trend too

I don’t mind losing to the cheats
      But next time, let’s hurt Brady

“ALMOST UNWATCHABLE??”

Final Score 30-10 Bolts
    And the winner is RockPhin,

The prize for picking our opponent to win is a blow-up Doll with a strap-on,

it will be waiting for you at the Dave & Busters so you won’t be lonely the night before the game.

Congratulations and thanks for playing kicking us while we’re down!

Rob 25-23 FINS
    Kong 32-4 Mia
    Rockphin 34-10 SD
    Mike E 27-17 SD
    ER 13-12 MIA
    Naples 23-20 MIA
    Piggy 3-2 MIA
    Toba 24-21 MIA
    Phish 63-3 MIA
    OD 33-17 Bolts
    Knight- 23-20 Fins
    David 38-9 SD
    Son Dolphins 17 Chargers 13

Still trending upward.

This season is so good for my blood pressure to bough

I think we win the next one. Haskins looks terrible(as does the entire team) and we have two weeks to gameplan. We need a 2 TD lead going into halftime though to pull it out, Their D is terrible just like ours so Rosen will feel at home playing against them.

Miami 24- Skins 23. Miami has a 21-10 lead at halftime and Skins terrible O still scores a TD and 2 FGs second half. Haskins throws an int for our only second half points.

FOR those of you keeping track, Miami’s defense has given up 163 points (that’s almost 41 points per game) . Miami’s offense has scored a combined total 0f 26 points (that’s 6 and 1/2 points per game for you lovers of ROSEN and the Bearded One).

THE PLAN IS WORKING.

Right.

we can’t make half time adjustments!

We don’t have a plan B!\

We’re a stripped down roster with no identity. Everyone is finding their way. We show some signs of good things but can’t sustain anything. This game was just like the Dallas game, missed opportunities and some stupid mistakes. Uh-hem Sanders!!! That kind of thing changes momentum. At least we are competing the last two weeks without being embarrassed from the get go. It was even close in the Pats game 1st half. We don’t have enough talent overall to stay with good teams and like I said earlier, everyone is finding their way. At this point this season is an audition for the future.

Oh by the way I think Rosen has upside. Dropped passes are killing us. Mostly the RBs and P. Williams even though he also shows a lot of promise. We truly are starting over from the ground up.

The 2020 team will look nothing like this team.

Baker looks like he is watching Tua highlights on this play

I don’t mind losing but I worry about the culture of the team when young players half ass like this

It doesn’t matter today

But these are bad habits when it does matter

Everyone is finding their way. Nobody knows exactly what they’re suppose to be doing every down. Look at the turnover from week to week due to injuries and roster moves.

Biggest worry had today was the OL, but wasn’t that much of a problem. Rosen had some time and not too many penalties. Not sure if gelling or the new guys in there, but a good sign for the future. Chargers front 7 is a good one.

• New Age says:

OL was terrible second half though.

Guess terrible is relative. Did the OL play worse than you expected?

• New Age says:

After the first half, yeah. 5 total sacks, total of 33 yards in the second half. That’s not all on the OL but they were pretty atrocious.

So we can both be right. Overall I thought they did better than expected and you thought they did worse in the 2nd half than you expected. But then to me the 2nd half was what I did expect, especially with the injuries.

Piggy, I saw the same thing with Baker on multiple plays. Don’t know what his assignments were in this game. Maybe it was “you stay in the middle”. Don’t know. I thought our coverage was way to soft too. I don’t think the way this team is currently constructed is worthy of scheme discussions.

We’re clearly in a roster cleansing and will build on the best that we have in 2020. We’re not a team yet.

I agree to temper criticisms bc of where we are
      I don’t care if we are getting beat up by better teams

But lack of effort or discipline is not okay
      If he doesnt know where he should be in game 4, that’s not great either

Maybe I missed something. What play are we talking about?

The one I posted at 5:12

I’m with you in terms of not getting worked up with how bad we are bc of where we are going

But the young players and the coaches still have to build a culture

If that’s leadership in Baker’s eyes, we might need a new leader on the D. I hate watching guys make thousands of dollars to loaf in their 3 hour crunch time. His base salary is almost 700k. He should be chomping at the bit at 23 yrs old.

The OL was pretty good 1st half then started to struggle in the 2nd half as the Chargers made adjustments. Can anyone say what our starting 5 is? There isn’t one. I was impressed how whatever group started the game. We’re not good enough to finish in any phase. But I get it.

From what you’ve seen from Rosen, do you think if we had a more complete team, we could win with him? I say yes! He has a big arm. He’s not perfect but who is?

Texans lost.
    Would be really cool if the Bengals beat the Steelers Monday nite. Goes to both our draft pick from Pitt and the chase for the #1 #1….. yeah don’t think the Steelers will be in that one.

I’m glad Prince is getting some snaps
    I hope that Deiter, Kilgore and Prince can be a part of this OL in 2020

But I expect free agency and the draft to affect our OL dramatically
    I’m not super concerned about the OL bc I already know it stinks
    But there may be some pieces there we can make something out of in 2020

Adding free agents like Conklin or Scherff or draft picks like Wirfs, Thomas or Biadasz really is very possible

So there is light at the end of the OL tunnel

Piggy, yeah that’s the play I referred to. Baker was obviously told to hold your ground. I saw it multiple times. Maybe question the coaching decisions but it doesn’t really matter at this time. The new systems are being taught. That’s where we are man.

58. Phindog says:

Stanger. We are so looking forward to the Fest and seeing everyone as always. I can’t believe it’s actually less than 2 weeks away. It’s going to be a great time and we will get our 1st win of the season. 🐬🏈😎👍🐕

Cards win the division on the final day. Not feeling too confident going into Atlanta after the way we played this last week.

WE don’t know who you are?
    But Verlander will see you Friday! 😉

ALONSO!!!!! 🙂

We’ve scored 2 TDs in 16 QTRs of football this year: Ryan Fitzpatrick to Preston Williams, and Josh Rosen to DeVante Parker. So with 1/4 of this season in the books, we’ve yet to score a rushing TD.

Sound familiar? It should– 2018: 7 total rushing TDs. 2017: 4 total rushing TDs. That’s absolutely anemic, and it starts with the O-Line. And not only do we suck at run-blocking over the last several years, we can’t pass-block, either.

Irritating stat: Kalen Ballage– 19 carries for 29 yards, 1.5 YPC, 0 TDs.

Back to DeVante: today marks the 4th time in now his 5th season that he’s caught every pass thrown his way: 1 of 1 for 3 yards on 9/20/15; 1 of 1 for 6 yards on 10/8/17; 3 of 3 for 10 yards on 11/25/18; and today, 4 of 4 for 70 yards and 1 TD on 9/29/19.

65. naplesfan2010 says:

Well I gotta tell y’all, after going to the game today and having a dud of a taligate party, no one does a Dolphins Fest like Stanger.

Stanger, yo da Man, bro.
    I am so looking forward to having the privilege of atttending your awesome party in 2 weeks.

67. naplesfan2010 says:

About that play referenced above when Reshad inexpicably let his man loose to go run at the QB

It happened right in front of where i was sitting.
    And I was in the 100 level so I saw it quite well.
    Reshad waited till a “certain point” and then left his man and ran at Rivers.
    Rivers looked like “Oh Boy, THANKS.”

That is the second time we have done that this year, so maybe they are being taught to do that with the idea that someone will fill in behind them.

That is a thing, actually, but it needs to be better thought out.

The other technique is to hang back on your man and force the QB to beat you for the 1st down with his legs.

In this case, C’mon Reshad, no way Philip Old Man Rivers is going to run for the first down. Not only he CAN’T, but he really does not want to be doing that. Rivers stumbling forward for a gain of 4 is nowhere near as devastating as having Rivers flip over your head to a hot young RB who rumblies for 11 and a first.

Unlike Wiltz the week before, Reshad must surely know better, so maybe that is what the coaches are telling them to do. And that was against Dak, a much bigger running threat. I think that is bad coaching.

68. naplesfan2010 says:

Philip is Latin (Greek?) for “horse lover.” He has 8 or 9 kids.

69. naplesfan2010 says:

We should’ve been up 20-10 at the half, 2 missed FGs, a twice-blown TD that we got a FG on, and that stupid end of half TD we gifted them after the second missed 2nd FG.

If we go ahead like that, and start the 2nd with the ball ourselves as planned, the whole game in the second is them having to play catch-up on the road.

This is not on Flores. A dropped TD pass and 2 missed FGs will mess up anyone’s game plan.

I was somewhat encouraged by the game today. We are still a young, developing team that lacks consistency and looks out if sorts sometimes. That’s what young, developing teams do. I’m not even sure we are making a lot of halftime adjustments. We are still trying to run base defensive sets. Again, not sure what people expected, but this is what you see given the situation. It is going to take time for these young guys to get this shit down and not look stupid at times.
    ***
    It looked like Baker was shadowing a RB in case he came out of the backfield. I don’t think he was just loafing from what I saw, but I could be wrong. I did think he could have slid over with a little more urgency when the pass was thrown.
    ***
    Reshad? I was disappointed. He looked slow and kinda disinterested at times. It’s his first game back, so I’ll give him a little benefit of the doubt, but he needs to play better.
    ***
    The OL didn’t play all that well. But, we did a pretty good job of running plays to get the ball out quickly and change up personnel and groupings. It felt like we were watching an actual NFL offense for the first time in quite awhile. I liked how the offense went about it’s business. Inconsistent…yep. Again, what’d ya expect? Lol

71. naplesfan2010 says:

I was there. It felt like 125 degrees on the field. I was close to the field. Ppl all around me were collapsed in their seats like gelatinous globules.

It was so hot there was very little Miami fan noise after a certain point.

Avery Moss dragged a dead foot off the field, but he came back to try to play the 4th QTR. Taco and Christian were making plays beyond their zones. Drake was gassed , but Mark Walton brought fresh legs and made some nice yards. O’Leary played after a OL/DL pile rolled up on his ankle.

Guys named Ken Webster and Steven Parker played their hearts out even having been on th eteam less than a couple weeks, more or less.

I did not see anyone dogging it. Rosen gave 110% until the final last gasp 4th down.

72. naplesfan2010 says:

We made a lot of mistakes.
    We played like we had the youngest team in the NFL, a full slate of new coaches, a rookie HC, a 22-yr old QB, and more than half the team is new this year, and it was our 4th different starting OL in 4 weeks.

After halftime the Chargers started blitzing and stunting! =12 yards passing!

We of course NEVER put pressure on Rivers!

74. naplesfan2010 says:

The Pub in my resort is featuring the younger half-brother of Prince for Okterberfest.
    Some cat named Omar. He any good?

75. naplesfan2010 says:

Drake rushed for 5 yds a carry. Not too shabby.

76. naplesfan2010 says:

I kept screaming “Rush the Passer”
    but no one did.

I don’t think they heard me cuz I was on the visitor’s side of the stands.

As of RIGHT NOW, there are 7 winless teams. After tomorrow night (Cincy @ Pitt), there will be 6 winless teams. I can’t recall the last time there were 6 winless teams after 1/4 of the season was over.

There’s usually around 3 or 4 teams at this stage… but SIX??? WTF?!!

Naples,

Once again, THANK YOU for posting here what you saw in real-time today at the game. It’s appreciated, sir!

NBC just flashed up on the screen: “The Dolphins point differential of -137 points after 4 games is an all time NFL record.”
    ————
    Wyoming, Phelon, etc., just keep telling yourselves “the plan is working.”

The plan is to lose this year OD

• pheloniusphish says:

I’ll just keep telling myself “Go Dolphins!” You just keep on pontificating.

• Phindog says:

How do you think it’s not? We tore our team down. We have to play the guys we have. How do you not get that ? We are a young team this year that 60% of these guys wouldn’t start for any team in the NFL. We are in a rebuild with a lot of ammo next year and the following. This was the plan all along. Not a secret. You knew this but still beat your team down. I don’t get it but if that’s what makes you feel good have at it.

What else have we got?
      Unless of course your expectations were WAY higher than mine?

By the way mine are ZERO!

Like Tim said! This is just an audition to see if your part of the plan going forward or not!

Tank for Tua bowl in 2 weeks

Go Bengals!
    🐅 🐬

Piggy Tank avatar

Dolphins 3 BYE 2

85. ElephantRider says:

I’m glad Fins didn’t land Bridgewater….

I am loving the Piggy tank avatar. Awesome!

Stats smats. They mean nothing for us.

Name the starters on offense and defense? Then we have a kicker who’s missed what… 3-4 FGs already? This team is in audition mode.

A “BLOW IT UP” rebuild isn’t easy is it? You wanted it and you got it!!! 😉

89. naplesfan2010 says:

It’s fair to ask if John Denny’s absence is contributing to the kicker’s problems.
    I questioned fixing something in the rebuild that wasn’t broken, especially with the timing of the switch.
    Also, the missed kicks were from 52 and 50, which are never certain for any kicker.

Update: Cam Wake did not make the stat sheet again.

naplesfan2010 says:
    September 29, 2019 at 8:43 pm
    I kept screaming “Rush the Passer”
    but no one did.
    _____________________
    Taco heard you!

i’m damn glad we get a week break from this losing shit!

Go Cincy!

So, it looks like the Redskins will have a worse record than us when the come to town for the fest game. They too are 0-4 but they play the Pats this week while we have a bye.

I am putting this out there now. You all may sit quietly the entire game if you like. I will not be sacrificing my voice and vocal cords to make noise for the team this season. I will not be imploring you to stand up and make noise to help the team. They can’t help themselves. I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of you knuckleheads. Hopefully I will be able to attend the tailgate and game on Sunday after the vicious noogie Son intends on giving me Saturday at D&B for “torturing” him all year….

naplesfan2010 says:
    September 30, 2019 at 8:27 am

No no no no no

The snaps have all been good and the laces have all been out when the ball has been held by Haack.

at least we WON the coin toss!

DE Charles Harris. Harris was looking to make a splash in year three. And Harris was a disruptive presence all throughout the preseason — providing optimism that this could be the year. And then the regular season started and Harris has, once again, been invisible on defense. The Dolphins claimed Taco Charlton on waivers two weeks ago and Charlton now has one less sack for the Dolphins than Harris has in 31 games. It’s hard to imagine Miami exercising a 5th-year team option on Harris with how unproductive he continues to be rushing the passer.

Here is to hoping that Grier does a better job with the three first round picks he has hoarded than picking a bust like Harris again!

Say our own pick is top 3 and one of the others is top ten to twelve then we could use the 3rd first to move up again into top 5 and get our QB and possibly the best DE on the board.
    Go Bengals!

That’s one thing we can do

But Im leaning towards an offensive heavy draft
      QB, OL, OL, WR, WR, RB
      And we still have another pick in the first 3 rounds
      We can build the entire offense this offseason
      And then use those picks in 2020 to fill in the holes on D around Howard, Baker, McMillan, Wilkins and taco

Our pass rush is horrible
      But maybe we can draft a couple in 2020
      And be a complete team by 2021

No trading away the picks! Use the picks to get first round talented players!

ocalarob says:
    September 30, 2019 at 9:41 am
    at least we WON the coin toss!

But then after “winning” we deferred so we can’t even win that right.

September 30, 2019 at 10:27 am
    That’s one thing we can do

But Im leaning towards an offensive heavy draft
    QB, OL, OL, WR, WR, RB…..

I would rather go QB, EDGE,OL,CB, BPA

I dunno Piggs Rivers has all day to pass yesterday. We couldn’t get near him, 3rd and whatever was cashed in all day long.

With the 4th round pick we get back for Rosen we should take a OG

You look at the NFL standings and the one freaking thing that never seems to change is NE in 1st place in our division, usually followed by a bunch of teams with shitty records. Right now BUF has a winning record, but it’s equaled out by us 0-4 and the Jets being 0-3. Hopefully after next year’s draft and free agency we’re closer to where BUF is right now.

You look at the NFL standings and the one freaking thing that never seems to change is NE in 1st place in our division, usually followed by a bunch of teams with shitty records. Right now BUF has a winning record, but is equaled out by us 0-4 and the Jets being 0-3. Hopefully after next year’s draft and free agency we’re closer to where BUF is right now

So what do you think of the Dolphins Execution this week?

I’m all for it. (John McCay)

Adam Beasley

@AdamHBeasley
    Replying to @AdamHBeasley
    3. Taco Charlton is the Dolphins best pass rusher. In just 78 snaps with MIA this year, he has two sacks and three quarterback hits. By way of comparison, Charles Harris — whose playing time has been reduced — has zero sacks in 218 snaps.

Harris is a bust!

Harris is just a huge disappointment. He has given us absolutely zero. There’s not a single glimmer he has given us to look forward, he’s a fucking ghost! Reminds me of Vernon Gholston (Ghost-on) for the Jets, although Harris didn’t come with anywhere near the same hype, but he’s just as freaking invisible.

Rock and Son

Yeah – our pass rush is horrible
    In fact, I think it might be our biggest need

But we can build a good offense in one offseason
    And get in shoutouts in 2020

We have 2 picks in 2021 as well
    We can work on D then

Screenshot_2019-09-30 Pro Football Statistics and History Pro-Football-Reference com.png

Speaking of the (useless) devil, there he is when I pulled up the pro-football-reference site, top left. Only place he actually shows up!

We’re gonna have the biggest slate of draft picks in the NFL, but will also be btwn us and the Colts for the biggest check book in FA too. Should be like $140 mil to play with.

$15 mil a year buys you a top guy at his position unless QB. We will have to plan ahead cause won’t have that much cap room in the years after, but could easily afford two of the top 10 FAs with change left over for a couple other solid starters.

Grier is gonna be the most popular man in the NFL come the off season.

Son & Piggy, I listed that person as “Edge” because I’m not sure the player will be a TE. We don’t play enough 4-3 to use a high pick on a DE in a 3-4. We need help in pass rush from somewhere though. Opposing QB’s are having picnics back there in the pocket.

113. rich0322 says:

In this day in age, I think having very good CBs is just as important as having very good pass rushers. They both help each other in making a good defense, just look at NE. This might be NE’s best defense to date and it’s no coincidence that they have the best secondary in the NFL.

With that said, I think QB, OL, CB, and a pass rusher should be our first 4 picks.

Those are the big value picks and for a reason. Not just that they are important, but the positions that get the big bucks in FA. So having one on a rookie contract for 4 years with a 5th year option is thrifty capwise.

Basically I’m saying

We are so bad – let’s just work on one side of the football this offseason
    I think it’s going to take 2 years anyway

Think we have enough to work with that can address both sides of the ball. 2020 will be like two offseasons in one…. maybe even more like 2.5.

Let’s just say we happen to get the #1 overall pick

And we select Tua

Did you guys know he is left handed?
    The left tackle doesn’t protect his blind side

Does this make LT less of a priority?
    I think you can argue that – but I think overall of you draft a QB number 1 overall, you need to prioritize OL

116. rich0322 says:

I agree we need a lot and it will take multiple off-seasons. I just have always believed unless there is a very, very, very special player that falls in your lap, the 4 positions I would always target in the 1st round are OL, DL, CB, and QB. Since we need all of them, I would target the best at each position. Then you can focus on one side of the football the rest of the draft. It’s how I would approach it, but we’ll see. It should be interesting either way.

NEW BLOG UP!!!!

Piggy we have discussed on here the varying importance of a left tack for a left handed QB. Someone posted a theory that it could be why they traded Tunsil. (that the team was planning on drafting Tua and saw less value in Tunsil with a left hander back there)

We need to shore up the Oline regardless of who is at QB. I am hopeful that we can find some guys without having to have all 1st round picks on the line.

At one point in the recent past we had a first round pick at LT, LG, C & RT (Albert, Tunsil, Pouncey & James) and our line still wasn’t that good. (injuries contributed)

I hope we pick a right handed QB anyway. One who is more prototypical in size and who is less injury prone than Tua.

Whoever they pick I just hope they get it right finally!

I don’t think selecting a qb with the first over all pick makes any sense at all, first of all Rosen looks damn good, secondly how many great knock it out of the park qbs were selected #1 over all?
    look at russell wilson…aaron rodgers…tom brady…the list goes on.

you let Rosen become your starter and draft a qb later to learn behind him.

now who should we draft early?

you have to draft guys that mother nature does not make many of, these are big guys that are agile and can run also durable DL …OL…Edge rusher.

little fast guys are a dime a dozen.

lastly, you don’t target one guy. and you use one of your early picks to trade back and acquire more 1st rnders in future years, repeat that in the 2nd rnd as well.

Rockphin says:
    September 30, 2019 at 12:48 pm
    We don’t play enough 4-3 to use a high pick on a DE in a 3-4.
    ________________________________________________

They may acquire or draft an edge setter as they went after trey flowers last off season.