The Seven Samurai of the 2020 NFL Draft

Do you hear it?

(The sound of thunder crashes behind Piggy)

Piggy Kiper here.  I’m just going to hide under this desk…Some of you have been looking forward to this post…others will hate it.  No matter where you fall, make sure your squiggly doesn’t get burned by the storm that is coming.  Experts are saying that the 2020 NFL draft is among the deepest draft for wide receiver in years.

Is it true?

A true Samurai never reveals your fate until your throat is already cut!

(the wind picks up behind Piggy)

Most Dolfans don’t view Wide Receiver as a priority, but when you look at our roster, our top receiver is DeVante Parker, a guy who only recently blossomed – can he keep it up? After Parker it’s Preston Williams, who has the look of a great find, but who is still unproven.  Then there is Albert Wilson, the focal point of the 2018 Gase offense, who may be on his way out.  So there is a lot of uncertainty at the position coming into 2020.  I don’t think Dolfans should rule out the possibility of a high pick on a wide receiver.  But even if the Dolphins don’t do that, the Dolphins probably will spend a day 3 pick on a wide put.

But this list isn’t for Day 3 Wideouts – It for Samurai!

So let’s look at these Samurai….but be very careful…they are dangerous…

(A tornado swirls behind Piggy)

Jerry Jeudy, Alabama

With 159 receptions, 2,742 career yards and 26 career touchdowns in three years at Powerhouse Alabama, no one is overlooking this Samurai.  Jeudy may be the first receiver off the board.  Jeudy may be Odell Beckham, Jr. without the baggage.  He’s physically gifted with incredible speed and agility.  Jeudy made a lot of downfield plays during his time with Alabama and although he is fast, it wasn’t his speed that lead to a lot of those downfield plays, it was his technique.  Jeudy is polished, talented and ready to go.  I expect to see success early for Jeudy in the NFL.  Jeudy is this year’s tornado of talent.

(lightning strikes the ground Piggy)

Henry Ruggs III, Alabama

As usual, Alabama was loaded in 2019.  One position that was notable was wide receiver, where play after play, they had receivers making plays down field.  In Ruggs’ case his speed really standouts.  Ruggs ran a blistering 4.27 at the combine.  That is what this Samurai is – FAST.  If you want a guy to run downfield, pick Ruggs.  Ruggs averaged 18.7 yards a catch in 2019.  DBs better have a plan for this kind of speed in the NFL.  One notable negative about this Samurai I don’t want to say to loud (Piggy whispers ducking from a swinging katana) his numbers dropped off a bit after the Tua injury.  But he still runs like lightning and will be a real asset to any offense.

(the Earth quakes below Piggy)

Laviska Shenault, Jr., Colorado

This athletic beast is among the most physical samurai in the draft.  His thick, chiseled frame is generally unaffected by contact from DBs or LBs.  Honestly, it looks like this Samurai looks for contact.  Shenault can be a solid outside receiver, but I think he might be more suited to do what Dolfans have seen guys like Jarvis Landry or Rishard Matthews do for us for years.  Shenault is expected to go anywhere between the late first round to the early third round.  I will whisper the last part…Some people think Shenault may be too physical (a samurai arrow strikes the wall behind Piggy) and he should improve his route running ability.  He is this year’s Earthquake!

(A Volcano erupts behind Piggy)

Justin Jefferson, LSU

Jefferson has good speed and he will burn you like lava, but that’s not his greatest strength.  Jefferson is the best route runner among these Samurais.  An top notch technician among this WR class, Jefferson provided a reliable target for first overall pick Joe Burrow.  The LSU offense erupted in 2019 and you can see that in Jefferson’s stats, nearly doubling his yardage from 2018 (875 yards) to 2019 (1,540 yards).  A lot of experts are saying Jefferson will not be a #1 receiver, but will make a heck of a #2.  Jefferson is as reliable as a volcano, if you see one, it will probably erupt some day.

(a tsunami crashes over Piggy)

Jalen Reagor, TCU

Thanks a lot Jalen, now I’m all wet! (Piggy floats to the surface) It seems calm for a moment…too calm…all of the sudden boom…Jalen Reagor goes the distance and breaks open the game.  With elite speed and an uncanny ability change direction, DBs should never get comfortable around Reagor.  Think of Reagor as a poor man’s Ruggs, if there was no poverty.  Speed both vertically and laterally defines this terrific talent and helped him collect 1,061 yards and 9 TDs in 2018.

(A Blizzard forms around Piggy)

CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma

Brrrrrrrrr…This one is cold.  CeeDee Lamb put up great numbers at Oklahoma, not doubt those numbers were inflated by the system – but you can’t ignore what he did.  Lamb looked like he was running around frozen defenders.  He is so quick, they froze in place with his every move.  At 6’2, 189 pounds, he has good size but what stands out about Lamb is his body control.  That body control helps him make some tough catches and then quickly regain his balance and use his quickness to pack on the yards after the catch while the defenders stand around him like icicles.

(A comet crashes in front of Piggy)

Tee Higgins, Clemson

Wow! I didn’t even see that coming!  I should have, given Clemson has produced some terrific Samurais over the years.  Higgins is this little Piggy’s favorite samurai this year.  At 6-4, 215 what you can see on the tape with Higgins is his ability to attack the ball while it’s in the air and make it his.  He’s a graceful receiver who will make your toe touching catch on a ball that most receivers think is out of reach.  He will enagage with CBs playing press and come up with the big catch.  He’s also very shifty for a tall receiver and will certianly break tackles and get the all important YAC.  Higgins compares favorably to AJ Green.

Now you know who the samurais are.  Beware!

1,297 Responses to The Seven Samurai of the 2020 NFL Draft

I could see us being interested in Raekwon Davis. He can probably be a versatile DL you can move around. Big man who’s a pretty good athlete and powerful at the point of attack.

He might be available in the 3rd round

Yeah I’m not saying the 1st round but he could go 2nd. He has a lot of talent. I believe maturity issues have been a concern but not sure what they are.

Tim on the page turn. There was a time Tim had a monopoly on that

3. rich0322 says:

…exactly 5 days from now, we may be on the clock.

4. Krishna says:

So many holes….unless all in for Burrow I don’t see a qb at 5. BPA if you truly love 8-9 in top 5. Smoke screen? Maybe.

I don’t think it’s a smoke screen. I could see us being interested in quite a few prospects at #5. I don’t think it’s clear cut who goes 3-12 etc. If it’s Burrow #1 I think Young goes #2. After that I could see a lot of different scenarios.

• rich0322 says:

Who knows, maybe the 8-9 prospects are Burrow, Young, Okudah, Simmons, Brown, and the 4 top OTs. I guess we’ll know more on Thursday if Tua and/or Herbert were in those top 8-9 and worth taking.

I don’t mean just us, we could see the draft go very differently than what is usually projected.

My good friend who is also a Dolphins fan wants Herbert to be the pick and has felt that way for months.

• rich0322 says:

Yea, there’s really no telling how it will play out right now. Much more unsure this year for many reasons.

rgs, I think there is good talent in the 1st round but I don’t see a huge separation between a lot of prospects and I can see teams targeting needs or that they like this guy better than that guy type of thing – team fit, style of player etc.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Javon Kinlaw goes much earlier than expected. See Clelin Ferrell last year who most thought would go outside the top 10 and he went #4 to the Raiders.

Raiders don’t count, they always do some whackjob thing🤔

It’s not Al Davis anymore though. He always drafted the guy with the fastest 40. LOL

I just think the first 10-12 picks could surprise some people.

There are often 8 or 9 guys you could legitimately take at #5. I really don’t think that means anything. Just as when they have a good feel for who they like….that too could mean just about anything. Grier is good at saying a lot of nothing.

He just threw out a number suggestion but he could have just said we feel good at #5. Pretty much the same thing. LOL

They just put in one way signs for the aisles at the local grocery store, but half the people continue to do whatever the fuck they feel like.

I saw that where I go but it’s rarely busy when I go and it’s kind of stupid. Just keep your distance from others. It’s not that complicated.

If im calling the shots. No way im taking tua at 5. If you put jordan love on alabama hed be great also.
    I really think simmons will be there at 5 and thats who i take

No doubt he’s a talented multiple defender. Like I said the other day not sure we even need him. LB is not a weak position for us. We’re currently carrying 14 after FA. I don’t see LB at #5.

Try to get love with the next pick

If you take the top QBs into account and other top prospects, I think at #5 if we stay there it will be either Burrow, Herbert. Tua, Young or Okudah. If we’re all in at QB we’ll trade up and get our guy. Maybe we go QB later in the 1st or 2nd round. That’s possible too.

We control this draft. Nobody can offer what we can without depleting current and future drafts. We can do that and still have a normal draft this year and onward.

That’s what in hoping for, take one of the 3 QBs or top 2 from D at 5. If we’re on the clock at 5 I also wouldn’t mind trading back a few spots.

This is pure hypothetical. Not saying we should or shouldn’t and I’m not even going to mention the prospect we draft. If we wanted “the guy” to move up to #1, what would you give up?

The number 26 pick and a day 3 pick

It will cost more than that which is why I don’t move up

Silly answer – be realistic if you feel the team feels this prospect changes your franchise for the better for a decade.

“This is pure hypothetical”

I don’t think one player changes the team …even a QB
        You need those other picks to make the one player excel

Would you be okay with it?
    1a. #5 QB Justin Herbert, Utah
    1b. #18 C Cesar Ruiz, Michigan
    1c. #26 LT Josh Jones, Houston
    2a. #39 RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU
    2b. #56 DL Raekwon Davis, Alabama
    3. #70 DB Antoine Winfield Jr., Minnesotaf

I think we’re pretty good at WR so as teams pluck those guys we pluck other positions.

• ElephantRider says:

If Williams comes back healthy. Sometimes it takes a season to regain form…
      If Parker wasnt a one year wonder and isn’t the usual bag of chips……

Those are big ifs to me. Fingers crossed

I bet we take one, but not early unless someone falls. I really can’t imagine a scenario where Wilson is still on the roster cine opening say.

But what do I know, maybe he wasn’t healthy last year, he sure looked good in 2018.

What’s the point of the Wonderlic? It’s not for leadership, Ray Lewis scored 13, has nothing to do with QB, Marino and other greats scored low, so what’s the point? Do they want to use it later to determine a coach?

Fournette on the trading blocks. ORob, what say you?

Do you think adding a center is more important than another tackle?
    I would add two tackles on this draft before I add a center
    It depends how the board falls but usually it’s harder to get quality tackles if you don’t land them early

Piggy – I do think Ruiz will be a 1st RD pick, I’ve seen him as low as #23 to the Patriots. I think he’s the best center and although they don’t go early, I think he’ll be taken in the 1st for sure.

Unbelievable! Talk about opening casinos in the first wave of businesses to open. But things will be different, spacing at gaming tables and slots, dealers will where masks…

Yeah do all of that, but make the public where masks too, anyone that doesn’t you 86 them.

I’m not a big fan of drafting tua tagovailoa at #5

Steve, I think having a strong running game is key to having a great quarterback, just look at Ryan tannehill. I’m not sure if fournette is that running back but I may give him a shot cause he’s a powerful beast

I would much rather draft Jordan love at #18 if he’s there

If you pass on tour at 5, quarterback needed teams will have 2 quarterbacks to choose from before they get to Jordan love. That may may Jordan love available at #18

2 tugalo is small he plays small. If you were to take any of these other quarterbacks and put them all on Alabama they would look just as good as tua tagovailoa

There is a balance of power in the NFL unlike college football. Alabama’s talent level is way above their opponents, he won’t have that luxury in the NFL.

We need a dominant nose tackle for sure, we got gassed in the run game last year, we need to take care of that.

27. Krishna says:

We need everything really…to get better at every position. 5 starters is my hope.

OL, DL (whatever it takes to stop the run and rush the passer), DBs, LBs, RBs, WRs, QB.

We need as much talent as we can get.

We have 14 selections guys

The 5 pick is not our only pick

The 5 pick is for the guy you like that might be the biggest difference maker that you don’t think will be there a little later

We did a great job in free agency bringing talent into this team

If we miss on the 5 pick pick, I don’t think it kills this offseason bc 18, 26, 39 mans 56 can also make us much better

I would roll the dice on Tua or even Herbert at 5, then think about our holes with those other picks
    If they really don’t like either QB, that’s one thing and maybe the FO doesn’t
    But I think that’s the only reason you pass a QB at 5
    Bc you don’t like that QB

Not bc you have other needs
    When you have that many picks, you can address needs one way or another

• ocalarob says:

You have to weigh need with BPA. I think we ” need” a franchise qb. Whether we have one on the roster now is debateable.
      Taking the BPA & taking tua may not go hand in hand as i believe simmons if available would be the BPA.

Tua is a great QB and the smoke screens are obviously working. We’ve had true talent evaluators like Jimmy Johnson think he’s top tier. Bama played the best teams in the nation and Tua is the first QB they’ve had where they focused on passing instead of running. 22-2 as a starter. Guy WON his job on one of the best two perennial teams in America. Took the job from a winning QB and beat the best defense in the nation to get his ring.

ELITE talent who’s ONLY real concern is health. Let’s not start getting ridiculous in our evals.

Its why ya look at their feet and technique, i have said this before on here, speed of the game is a big deal at that position, but if their footwork/quick to move and set the feet and then shift and reset, is there, and their technique doesnt let them get bent back, etc Those guys will be fine, adjustment yes, but it wont take long at all until they are caught up. I do not like Beckton because he has really bad clunky feet. He’s and athletic dude and he is massive, but his feet dont move good and thats going ot be a problem at the pro level.

• Rhino says:

Great post Wyoming! In comparison to Ledyard’s evaluations it feels like mock drafts are full of people DESPERATE for OT. His analysis and projections for Austin Jackson were particularly stunning.

Ow he really doesn’t like Austin Jackson

I really hope Thomas drops to 18 – that would be perfect

You have to weigh the team need. BPA is the top person on their big board, and their big board isnt ranked like these armchair GM that we accpet as football experts. Simmons, may be ranked higher and he may nt, but to think that team need isnt in play is silly. If you just did BPA every time you could wind up with a team full of WR’ or full of S’s, you have to consuider your needs or you have players you draft that were BPA but wont play because they are behind two better vet starters. Simmons doesnt look to me to be that damn special anyways. Id rather have Brown than Simmons, maybe even Okudah over Simmons, but he is also in a position where we have two vet starters.

32. Rhino says:

Saw a mock draft in which Miami did NOT take QB at #5
    #5 – Simmons
    #18 – Love
    #26 – McKinney
    #39 – Jones
    #56 – Edwards-Helaire

Gotta admit … with our CBs, then McKinney AND now Simmons … the visions of what this defense could be got me a bit dizzy. lol

I’m trying to have fun looking at the myriad of options and not let the anxiety of “mistakes” ruin that fun. I say give Flores whatever HE wants. The second half of last season with the weakest roster in the NFL proves he can ‘coach. So if he wants ‘his’ defense first, ah what the hell, give it to him!

Did and jalen hurts have 22 wins when he was with Alabama versus 2 losses, so why isn’t he considered as the 5th pick in the draft.

34. bailbondmike says:

I would like to see LT’s Wills or Thomas at #5. RT’s Tega Wonogho or Charles by pick #70. C/OG Ruiz or Cushenberry somewhere in between. Sprinkle in a DT, SS/FS, RB or QB somewhere in between as well and I will be happy. Also, I still believe we need to trade our 4th round comp a 5th and 7th to move back in to 3rd round. We will miss out on to much talent between #70 and #141.

• Rhino says:

agree about getting back into the 3rd round. While there are often guys who surprise from 6th and 7th rounds, I regard those picks as “give it a shot” or someone who could be real good on special teams. Just not gonna count on finding even a backup that late.
      All those 5th round picks makes it easy to give one up as you suggested, to get into 3rd round.

Totally agree about moving up

That gap between 70 and 141 is huge (relative to the rest of this draft)

Do we need 3 5th rounders? I would rather have a layer third and one less 5th

• Rhino says:

What would it take #70 + ? to get another pick in the 2nd round??? Now you’re looking at drafting 6 guys who could/should be starters. I like that more than loading a team with late pick ‘potentials’. I seem to remember the Pats love for the 2nd round.

Day 3 is full of great developmental picks

But if we sat right on all our picks that would be 8 guys in day 3 not including UDFA
        I don’t know that we can afford to have 8-10 guys on our final 53 in hopes that they will develop in a few years

To me those licks are build to be combined together to move up
        4, 5a, 5b, 5c, 6, 7a, and 7b

We can get a few good players there

But if you take a few of those picks and move with other picks in day 2, that makes more sense to me

35. Rhino says:

CBS Sports mock from a couple hours ago…. 18 and 70 to move up to 3. yikes. but to still get Jones, Ruiz, and Taylor thats not bad at all. Didn’t take a safety until 251 (?)

Miami Dolphins
    ROUND OVERALL PLAYER NOTES
    1 3 QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama from DET*
    1 5 Traded to Detroit
    1 18 Traded to Detroit from PIT
    1 26 OT Josh Jones, Houston from HOU
    2 39 C/G Cesar Ruiz, Michigan
    2 56 RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin from NO
    3 70 Traded to Detroit

Being that we have a defensive coach I would expect a defensive player early on

37. bailbondmike says:

We could wait on a SS/FS. I would love to steal UGA SS/FS J.R. Reed at #154 which is one of the picks we got in the Minkah FF trade. He may not last that long though.

Keep seeing him available in the 5th when I do mocks

Who knows if that’s right – but he doesn’t seem like a guy that has hype to go day 1 or 2

We have been whining about a Franchise QB for a decade.. we are now armed and able to do pretty much whatever we want THIS draft.. if FO thinks it’s Rosen so be it , if they don’t think so , fill that spot with whatever it takes.. the savings on $$ alone having a rookie contract at QB would be a large stepping stone for next 4-5 years … if they grade a few close to the same IE Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love or whoever, settle for who falls and Kill it this year. I want to have our QB position set for next 5 years by the start of the next season , whenever that will be ….

• manitobafinfan says:

I also realize the NEED at OL, so don’t prostitute to the point we get ZERO at that position hopefully, but nail down the QB of the future with yer best guess/idea of who that will be

• Rhino says:

IF this is the year to get the QB and we know we have 2 more years of drafts to build out the rest of the team…
      … then why not use arsenal (including extra picks from next year) to get Burrows.
      No chance to get Lawrence next year, but Bengals would be the favorite for Lawrence next year.

• manitobafinfan says:

As long as it doesn’t end up being a Rickey Williams type payout I’d be really happy with that… if that’s who the FO agrees is best …

• bailbondmike says:

I agree, but, after Burrow, I worry about Tua’s durability. Herbert looks like a robot in all his motions. Love, I don’t know. I am just all up in the air about the QB thing.

I would love to play poker with some of these mocksters who don’t play the table

It’s really not about the value of of the move fro 5 to 3
    It’s about what other teams have to outbid you

Play the table

Positions of need. 1. OL 2. SAFETY 3.DL 4.QB. in that order . we were gashed on the DL inthe run d last year

That doesn’t mean you pick in that order

• ocalarob says:

If we pass on tua tagovailoa at 5 there will be 2 quarterbacks and Justin Herbert being 1 of them available for quarterback knitting teams that may make Jordan love slide to 18

• ocalarob says:

Take best player available at 5 get your quarterback at 18

That’s the same logic that landed us Chad Henne instead of Matt Ryan

Bill Parcells literally said he doesn’t think there’s much of a drop off

If they like one of those 3 QBs, they probably take that QB at 5
        If they liked Jordan Love and they find out Jacksonville or LA liked him. Ore and took him before 18 that wouldn’t be good

I don’t know if they like one of those 3 or they don’t like a QB

But at QB, I don’t think you take the best of who’s left when you have an opportunity to take who’s best

If they draft a QB, I think they take that QB at 5

If we traded up with Detroit I would take okuda

Usually we have a half a dozen needs and only 1 first round pick….lol

• manitobafinfan says:

Exactly, we have 7 extra picks this year compared to a “normal draft” go get who ya want …

That’s why I say

They don’t have to get a QB
        We aren’t taking one based on need

But if you think one can be special – take him at 5

18, 26, 39 and 56 can all be good football players

But you are in the top 5 with two other picks in the first
        That’s a uniquely good position to be in

Maybe they love one guy or maybe they want to wait until 2021
        It at the QB position you don’t Let other teams take their guys and take what’s left over

Rob – What are you basing the Love better than Tua on, potential? You don’t think he’s better now, do you?

44. Rhino says:

Just curious, if Miami traded up for Burrows … and without the “what did it cost” concerns …
    who here would love to have Burrows as our franchise QB to build around the next two years?

45. Rhino says:

Piggy, saw another CBS mock where Miami only had to give up #39 to move up to #3

That hon stay makes more sense

My guess is the 39 and a later day 3 pick gets you ahead of the Chargers

Jacksonville is a bit of a wildcard bc they have two first rounders – but they would be jumping from 9 to 3

BBM , I agree.. Burrow looks the best case scenario/total package based on Tua injuries, and question marks on others

Look at the 2018 draft, how many quarterbacks were taken a head of Lamar Jackson, and how many of them have turned out to be great.?

48. Krishna says:

who would we move up to 3 to pick?

I would try to move to pick 2 if the price was right. Young and Wilkins anchoring our DL would be awesome!

I will say, in ORob’s defense, a lot of people love Jordan Love

He’s really talented

I just don’t think it opens the door to wait until 18

I dont want to trade up to get Tua, but that’s just me … if we trade up to secure Tua , I would say FO has all the faith in him being healthy , but would consider that a “Blink” at the poker table not waiting to 5

This would be pretty awesome!

Getting brown at 18 would be a win of a first round by itself, but Brown and Jones, I could give a shit who 5 was.we already had a great draft.

52. bailbondmike says:

TBH, I would be happy with QB Eason at #39. I know there are concerns with his commitment to the game. I think, under our coaches he could become very good. He looks no different than Herbert except Herbert is more athletic but Eason doesn’t look like a robot like Herbert. I can almost guarantee you, the Pats (with their three 3rd rounds picks) will trade up into the 2nd round to draft Eason.

Eason is more talented probably than anyone but Tua. He’s less likely a bust than Love. If I could just get past his shitty personality is probably have him worthy of 18, but I just can’t. I like him better at 26 than love but I don’t like either of them earlier. I’d prefer taking them in the second to truly match risk-reward.

Looks amazing

Tim has said it a few times, I have, some others have. 14 fucking picks guys, stop sweating this. Using all 14 isn’t going to make or break, trading up or down or whatever isn’t going to make or break us. Missing on a pick isn’t going to make or break us. It’s just bumps on the road if they can’t recover from them then that’s the problem and we will be starting over anyways, just let this play out lol

I’d be surprised if Love could play as a rookie. He’s got a lot of work to do on his game. He has some nice physical potential, but he’s got warts too. I’d probably draft about 4 or 5 other guys before him.

I’m just throwing out possibilities. The draft always has some wrinkles in it.

I’m telling you!
    Take QB dejure at #5
    Trade up to 12 or 13 for LT
    Trade back from #26 to recoup a late 1st and a 2nd!

58. naplesfan2010 says:

#5 trade down to #12 and take Ruggs
    #18 CB Diggs
    #20 TE Bryant
    #26 ILB Murray Oklahoma

I doubt any quarterback we draft will be starting year 1.

60. naplesfan2010 says:

so see, it is possible to mess this thing up. (See my example above)

There are 4 positions where you can’t find good replacements’ for top talent rated by need; QB, DE, OT, TE. We haver the rare chance of being in position to get a really good QB this year and I fully expect our FO to get one. I also fully expect the QB no later than pick #5. Thankfully, our FO has tons of experience and won’t pick some easily replaceable DT, LB, or CB early. It’s QB unless Rosen was the guy all along and then it will be OT. Mark it down.

Draft defense early, build a strong defense.

63. naplesfan2010 says:

However,
    here is a scenario:
    trade #5 down to #9 and take BPA @ OT
    #18 BPA @ other OT or BPA WR
    #26 BPA RB
    oh and to be induced to trade down,
    we get Ngakuoe and a 2nd and/or Jax pays some of his paycheck a la what we did w/ Tannehill.

Take Eason or Love with Jax’s 2nd and Ruiz or another BPA IOL with our own 2nd
    Take BPA @ TE or safety with our 3rd

Trade all other picks to get back into 3rd and take BPA TE or Safety or whomever we still want

Don’t like either Eason or Love. I would be very disappointed if that is our plan for QB. That would be an epic FO failure imo

64. TryPod says:

Fwiw- I don’t see us reaching for a QB- if one is there that we like at 5, we take him, or go BPA. I also think it’s possible someone wants to trade into our spot, and we may end up with a QB in the first round after all is said and done. The one thing I would not be too surprised about, though I don’t see happening, is us putting together a package to get Burrow.

Either Tua or Herbert should be there at #5. But guess two teams could trade up ahead of us. Q is whether it it there guy.

Given that they might not even play the season — what if we just traded it all away? Yeah we can pick like OT in the 1st and 2nd and some of the lower guys. But what if we put it all up on ebay? What’s the difference btwn a guy who doesn’t show up to camp from this draft class and the 2021 one who does?

Assuming the premium on trading for future picks will still apply.

66. naplesfan2010 says:

So if Flores has lots of input into the draft selections,
    and I think he does
    and he earned it
    after what he accomplished last year,

then what QB does FLORES want?

4 days till we have a slew of new players! I would expect at least 3 or 4 new day 1 starters, but it’s not inconceivable we come away with 6 or 7. Added to the FAs, this team is going to look so different. So many great scenarios have been played out on the blog, and it’ll be exciting no matter which way we go.

It really doesn’t matter who they pick. If it works…if the kids they pick work out and are good players….nobody will care how they do it. If they end up missing on lots of picks, they’ll get ripped apart no matter how they do it. Lol

69. naplesfan2010 says:

So how was Flores trained?
    He was trained to expect and relish a QB who
    protects the ball
    gets it out in a hurry
    has great pocket awareness
    is tall and yet durable
    uses the QB sneak
    will scramble a bit as the pocket breaks down
    manages the clock
    memorizes enormous amounts
    keeps himself in great shape
    is clean cut and has great hair

Which QB is closest to that this draft?

Brady missed a year due to injury and Tua is 6,1” it’s not like he is a shrimp

71. naplesfan2010 says:

or
    skip QB in this draft all together
    trade down and take 2 OTs in the first
    2 RBs
    a TE, Safety and WR
    all in rounds 1 and 2.
    Get Ngakoue for the trade down

and sign Cam Newton.

• manitobafinfan says:

You are just trying to ruin my day although Son is probably smiling. I think Cam’s best days are behind him

Not with you on Cam Newton, but then we can play with the two QBs we have. Don’t need to take a QB. Especially if we do some wheeling and dealing to walk into the next draft strong. Imagine if they don’t play….. should mean we get #5 again.

Just wait. They will draft the next Chad Pennington in Fromm.

73. naplesfan2010 says:

I’m serious.

Who does FLORES want at QB?
    Who does he want to be the coach of?
    Who does he want to turn over the offense to?
    Is Chan Gailey here to sublimate himself to a star at QB?
    That could be the thinking.
    Or is he here to coach a guy up?
    (or calm Love down)

Because who FLORES wants is whom we will take.

I think both Tua and Herbert fit his mold. Eason and Love do not

• naplesfan2010 says:

I agree that Eason and Love do not.
        I am not sure Tua does, though.

I think Herbert and Fromm do.

and — wait for it —

Burrow.

Tua more than Burrow imo. The only thing Burrow has over Tua is health. Fromm fits the acumen/intangibles aspects but doesn’t have the physical skills for him to be the guy

74. naplesfan2010 says:

I hate to say it, but Fromm could be the Brady-clone.
    Even emulating the “passed over, picked late” story-line.

naples — if you knew which QB we liked or even which one other than Burrows is best for the Phins….. then Grier didn’t do his smoke and mirrors job right.

75. naplesfan2010 says:

(whispering)
    Dalton is still at Cincy
    OR
    Newton or Winston could go there in a heartbeat.
    With those 3 optins and Rosen,
    What if Cincy took our King’s ransom
    and gave us Burrow?

Ken,
    I think Fromm would be a very safe pick. He has a lot of good QB traits. He could end up being a really good pro…but I think with how the game is played now you need an athlete at QB. In 5 years, will we see many straight pocket passers anymore? Probably but the number is dwindling.

Jalen Hurts has every chance of becoming a really good pro too. He produces everywhere he goes. Are people down on him moving teams and maybe being a headcase? Is he a selfish guy?

• naplesfan2010 says:

I think Hurts has a 50/50 chance to be a viable NFL QB.
      He reminds me of all those Ohio State QBs
      who look great in college
      but can’t make the transition to the NFL.

• New Age says:

Randy,

I really liked Hurts early this year but he disappointed me the more I watched. He will surprise some people though. His biggest problem is a penchant to run too early. He has a few more problems and a team would have to do more molding with him than a few other guys. Not the worst pick when all is said and done though.

78. naplesfan2010 says:

Signing Cam Newton would electrify the fan base enough to assuage them for giving up Burrow.
    Lots of people find Newton exciting to watch, and he’s a great presser.

And he’s not done. In fact he’s pissed.

And if he plays 6 but gets hurt again, and they’re 5-1 or 4-2
    then Dalton comes in (or Rosen or Winston)
    then the FO in Cincy is off the hook and out of trouble
    as they at least tried,
    and they still have all those golden rookies they got from us for Burrow.

and they can draft a QB next year. (We won’t be in the market.)

• New Age says:

I think he’s done. His value was the option of running and he’s lost a lot of that. Never turned into a great passer with only that one year of great production. I’d pass immediately.

• naplesfan2010 says:

not for US —
        for the Bungles,
        who already have a mature team
        and would get an infusion of talent
        from trading Burrow to us.

• New Age says:

I like that idea but any idea involving us getting Burrow is good for me.

Urp**

Just threw up a little

80. naplesfan2010 says:

just from a fun-ness aspect

Wouldn’t it be fun to watch Fitz
    with 2 new tackles, a new OG, new and nastier Center, 2 stud RBs,
    and a defense full of new FAs that gets TOs and/or 3 and outs
    so he has a short field to work with a lot?

He could still run over a CB for a first from time to time
    just for fun.

81. naplesfan2010 says:

The NFL is following the NBA.
    which is a good thing in some ways.
    The old “position-static” way has yielded to
    a bunch of hyper athletic guys
    all running loose scoring from anywhere.

True, old-school centers are almost extinct,
    if not already so. As are scoreless point guards.

• New Age says:

There will be a counter to this type of play in the next 4 years. I expect to see ball control offenses to come back in a big way.

We already see that teams who run the football well usually have a decent level of success. The RB position may be devalued but not the running game as a whole.

Naples: so who is your Mr GQ at QB ??

• naplesfan2010 says:

Ryan Fitzpatrick. (him and his clipped beard and svelte self)
      with Josh Rosen as the back-up

and skip drafting a QB this year.
      Instead get 4-6 new starters in OL, RB, maybe DT, and Safety.

Then either Rosen is ready to take over, or we draft a QB in 2021.
      While keeping Rosen as a career back-up / spot starter.

We could then sacrifice a whole draft to trade up in 2021
      (we still have 2 1sts and 2 2nds)
      and take (someone)….

This would keep QB low on the cap for another 4 years (5 counting now)
      while we go to the SB and pay the positiin players their re-up $.

83. naplesfan2010 says:

I love a power running attack, especially with a pair of shut down corners on D.
    (wink)
    No really, because if you can keep the chunk plays by their offense to a minimum,
    then you can grind them into submission with a dominating run game
    and a QB who takes what the D gives in little bites.

I have said many times in the past 2 years that the pendulum was shifting back to that as the defenses get too light and finessy.

I have advocated drafting 2 RBs high this whole draft, even in addition to Howard.

PS: all of this is the Patriot Way, btw, so we know it works.

Tell me this do not look like RT ?!

I don’t see why we need to go two RBs unless you all mean one in the late rounds. There are only so many touches to go around. Depth is good but you can find depth in a lot of ways. Laird and Gaskin are decent and I think Laird can be more than a backup RB. He’s a natural receiver and I think he can help as a move the chains receiver.

• bailbondmike says:

I think we do that cause we have 14 picks. In reality, we probably only draft 10 or so is my guess. There are some speedy small water bug RB’s who will go undrafted like Raymond Calais and possibly J.J. Taylor who could be brought in.

Howard and the back we target are likely going to get the bulk of touches. So you have that and some late round and UDFA guys to compete. But targeting two RBs after signing Howard doesn’t add up to me.

It adds up, if you think our current RBs are trash, like I do.

DougieDoWrong says the ankle surgeries Tua had were to strengthen his ankles, if true we really have to worry about the hip going forward.

• naplesfan2010 says:

seems a bit spurious ya know? … like a weak cover … i personally have never heard of that, I mean why don’t lots of guys get that done? Maybe they do, but it seems we’d have heard of other guys getting that done. Surely he is not the first one ever. If so, what does that say? He was in such bad condition they tried an experimental surgery?

Either way, it’s scary for his career.

Okay Steve, you want to draft two RBs after we signed Howard and in what rounds are you thinking?

2/3 and 5th

Okay that’s fair. But unless there are injuries, the 3rd back isn’t going to see much playing time.

Every year our 3rd RB gets PT. KR/PR guy, bring him in on 3rd down to change the pace. You play the hot guy that’s matching up the best that week.

J.K. Dobbins Ohio St.
        Joshua Kelley UCLA

You don’t think we can’t find a 3rd down scatback late in the draft? The problem with our 2019 RBs was none of them did anything above average.

I’m right there with Wyoming, or even later with our 2nd RB pick.

Well there you have it, we’re going to the playoffs this year.

Seven previous teams had five draft picks in the first two rounds and interesting all of them went to the playoffs that year.

Mando just put up his latest scenario. Or maybe it’s an old opinion and I just don’t read him enough but he gets Brown/Thomas at #5 then trades up from 18 to 8 to get whoever the Chargers left at QB. . What’s some thoughts on that scenario? I kinda like it because we still get a top DT/OT and a QB but why not just get our preferred QB and do that same trade for an OT at 8? Or possibly Brown? I prefer my option to fake GM Mando if we really wanted to do some early trading.

Mando’s idea sounds good, if you don’t think about it🤔

You take your QB at 5 forget about Brown and take OT Jones at 18, and keep your picks.

• rich0322 says:

I don’t know about Mando but the trade up from 18 has been a scenario I’ve talked about for a while now. I still believe the odds are greater that we trade up from 18 rather than trade up from 5. The position I think we would trade up for would be a OT. They may want to go get one of the OT they like more instead of settling for one at #18 or #26.

Peyton on ESPN now. I used to hate him early in his career, but after Marino gave him props I’ve kind of became a fan, and even more so after he retired. He’s very good on TV, in an Opi kind of way.

April 19, 2020 at 7:24 pm
    —————————————————————-
    When is the last time an injury didn’t occur?

92. bailbondmike says:

Tim, I would like to grab on of the top 4 in round 2 and then Antonio Gibson in 3rd. Gibson is so versatile. You get a big fast RB and a very good slot receiver and return man with him.

This is likely a lot of nothing, but O’Brien has giant feet, a red nose, and rides in a little car with 20 others just like him. He may be willing to trade him, especially if Watson has decided he will not resign with the Texans. But you have to figure a bidding war would open up for him. And if you trade for him, you have to make him the highest paid QB in the league in 2021. Would anyone like this move for us?

Guys… sure RB is a need but why do we have to have 3 of significance? You’re already taking out the top 2. Do that at any position and you have to adapt. Add the best talent you can and stop worrying about being super deep. We’re not expected to to be winners this year either. We’re already underdogs in 14 of 16 games. LOL

We’ve got 14 friggin picks, if you draft a specialty RB in the 5th, 6th or 7th he’s got a real shot to stick, since we’re only 1 deep right now.

It’s not about being super deep it’s about adding talent and finding spots for those drafted. How hard is going to be for a 6th rd DE, LB, CB or OL to make the team? Very hard, that’s why you keep hearing we aren’t going to draft 14 players. We’re going to trade up and back to next year.

Guys that played last year that should make the opening day roster: WR-5, TE-2, OL-4, QB-2, RB-0, DL-4, LB-5, DB-6. That’s 28 + 10 FAs + 10 rookies = 48, so 5 more vets from last year to fight for spots.

I’m just pulling these position numbers out of my ass, but I’d think the total is likely close. I didn’t put punter and kicker and long snapper in there, because I’m not sure any are back, though not sure what the issue with Sanders is. Haack is a hack and the long snapper…

This was Omar’s mock earlier today:

It could happen, but Lol at “what I’m hearing”

I guess he thinks smoke screens don’t come his way. What an egotistical asshole.

Hey I figured out how to copy a tweet

These weird drafts that we keep see coming in (all of them) all have a chance to be reality, it just takes 1 trade or 1 Raiders or Seahawks reach to throw everything off.

99. rich0322 says:

At this point, I’m hoping for complete chaos!!!

Has Omar Kelly ever had any insight in to the Dolphins?

Lol @ “what I’m hearing”

I have an article for tomorrow. How about the Mock Draft? I want to do that Wednesday, does anyone want to try and do a practice run tomorrow night or do you just want to go at it and whatever happens happens on Wednesday?

Ya’ll are misreading Omar. Omar says NFL Draft Scout is hearing the same thing as he is, and they are…both are not hearing a damn thing. Easily one of the truest statements that jackhole, Omar, has ever written.

WTF is the stripe on the shoulder!!

In 2001 Atlanta traded Picks 5, 67, and 2002 pick 48 to move up to number 1. I would do that for Burrow in a heart beat.

Didn’t journey do a song about the qbs in this draft? Love Hurts??

I’m good with getting tua @ 18 but not 5!!

107. TOP SECRET says:

what will make me happy is when pick #5 is announced Thursday it will be……. “with the 5th pick of the 2020 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select ____________. that means we didn’t trade up and sell the farm. pick whoever will make the TEAM better.

GO MIAMI ! 🙂

I went back and looked at some video on Ruiz, and he seems to be a pretty smart player, he does well going through the OC read progression, ie look to help the OG, check other OG prep for blitzing LB, falling off the other when he needs to pick up his guy. He does get beat though, i saw times when the Dt engaged him and then shed him, but he recovered really well. In fact most the times i saw this happen and it happened a few times, he still made his block, just had to take some time to re-establish the block. Sometimes he didnt re-establish the block as much as he ran his guy out of the play, but thats what a good OL does, once ya lose your anchor, and cant reset it,just push the guy out of the play.

What i can say about this is he has pretty good feet, he is pretty smart, and he has the physical strength to recover. Seems like i may be a hand technique issue (correctable) or could be he has shorter arms and the other players got to his body first. I didn’t check his arm length to see, but this wouldn’t be something he could over come. He generally won leverage battles in the box, and once his anchor is set, he is hard to move. Overall, he seems to be a very good prospect, and im kind of shocked that he took this long to kind of rise up the ranks. Tape is what you start with and his tape looks good.

I don’t think joe Burroughs gonna be anything special, he went from a day 3 selection to the 1st overall pick in 1 year.

The guy grew as a player. He had talent around him when he was a junior at LSU, he had pretty much the same team, so he definitely elevated the team with his play. I mean, he did everything he is supposed to, worked his ass off, grew as a player, learned the system. These are all thing he will have to do now at the next level and he has shown to be able to do it already. I dont get the now skepticism of him, i just cant possibly see how anyone can watch his tape and not see a really polished product. Who cares what his junior year looked like or any thing before that, arent people allowed to grow, mature, and get out of the shadow they were in?

They changed the scheme last year, Brady I believe was his name came over from the Saints, so they ran the Daints offense. That’s the main reason for the jump.

Kong, i know your an 80ft ape and all, but i wouldn’t stand in the way of the Omar hate train, its got more behind it than you realize. i make this statement state while holding the throttle down from the engine room.

LOL, I wouldn’t get in the way of that train either. Perhaps my statement was misleading as I definitely wasn’t defending him. 🙂

I’ve had no respect for that tool since he refused to call Misi by his name because he hadn’t ‘earned’ Doh!mar’s respect. He’s the worst kind of team reporter IMO (I refuse to call him a journalist.) lol

Some marks have New Orleans trading up to 18 to get Jordan love

If we haven’t taken a QB by then, then id be glad to trade them 18 so they could take him and then take Eason with 26 or a second round pick.

• New Age says:

I really, really don’t like Eason. He was pretty bad at GA, got replaced pretty easily after the injury and went to UW to be fairly terrible there too. His last game looks nice until you realize the UW defense won the game and the O didn’t have to do too much.

We need an OT at that pick, assuming/hoping we didn’t pick one at 5. I don’t see this trade happening, unless they give us an offer we can’t refuse. If we didn’t take a QB at 5, then we may be looking at Love too.

When our FO said we’ll be moving around in the draft, I took that to mean from 18 more than 5.

steveccnv says:
    April 20, 2020 at 9:44 am

———————————————————-
    So doesn’t that kinda state what i was saying though? He adapted to a new offense, learned it, and grew. He also adapted and thrived in an NFL system. I dont think the guy is the most talented QB in this draft, but he certainly has earned the number 1 spot and the belief that he will come in and be successful in the NFL. There should be almost no skepticism around him.

Lol

• New Age says:

I completely agree. He ran the gamut of a very tough schedule without a single loss and destroyed the #2 team in the nation. That team wouldn’t have won like that without him. Somehow people forget about Tom Brady who also wasn’t the most talented QB on the field. If Cincy wasn’t completely on board with him, I’d dump some picks for the guy. He’s worth it. Best QB prospect overall since Luck(not as talented tho).

He looked great late in the season, had great overall numbers, but I watched some of mid-season games live and he didn’t impress me then. He didn’t really elevate to #1 until the Oklahoma game. Yeah he was great in that game, but Oklahoma’s D was bad.

I posted yesterday that I didn’t think Sanders was safe of competition, because of articles that say we’re looking at top kicking prospects.

Might as well bring is some competition I guess, since we have the picks. I’d rather trade the pick for a 2021 pick, but no big deal for a late pick.

Do these guys really think someone believes this BS? How is it even possible for someone to know the difference between fact and smoke screen before the draft?

Ross Tucker doesn’t know!

116. rich0322 says:

I agree about Burrow being the best QB prospect since Luck, New Age. Other than the Utah St game, I watched every snap Burrow took last year. He was stellar from start to finish. The only team that gave him some fits was Auburn. Derrick Brown was a one man wreaking machine in that game, especially in the 1st quarter. I’m not going to go and dig for my posts, but I was calling for Miami to draft this kid in the 1st round in early October. Several weeks before he became a 1st rd norm in the mock drafts. BBM and I were talking about him on a weekly basis. While he may not of become a consensus 1st overall pick until late in the season, the kid delivered each and every week and people noticed.

Never underestimate the importance of working your ass off to improve your game. Just ask Brady or Peyton…

I could see Burrow flopping in the wrong system, like Cin. where the division is kind of brutal, but I can also see him succeeding on most teams.

Zach Taylor isn’t going to help him at all. I think Burrow knows it and why there were whispers he didn’t want to play there.

Yeah i dont see the gripe, to me 1 year wonder or not, he was good for the entire season. Amazing int he big games too. He shredded Bama. He beat the shit out of UGA in the championship game. He had a few troubles with UF and Auburn, but it wasn’t like he sucked there. He brought them from behind to win both. If he can hold it together for a whole championship run season then there shouldn’t be worries about that 1 year wonder.

New Age says:
    April 20, 2020 at 9:52 am

————————————————————–
    He was barely on the field for UGA, they had him for part of one year before he got injured and replaced by Fromm. He was looking good up until that point. I didnt follow him much at Washington, just a little bit here or there, but his upper end ability is undeniable. Thats said, it wasnt as much about us taking Eason as out QB of the future as my belief that Love certainly isnt the guy. Eason has a better change of panning out than luck in my opinion. I think there are 3 legit change to pan out guys and after that it drops off to crap shoot kinda stuff. I mean im pretty solid on Fromm panning out to be what he is, but thats an Alex Smith at best, and i think he is a lesser version of Smith personally.

118. rich0322 says:

I kinda agree with Chris Simms’ assessment of Eason.

I wouldn’t even look at him till at least the 3rd round and even then I would probably pass. IMO, other than his height and arm, nothing much else to get overly excited about.

I dont fully, but the reason i dont like him is probably more damning. I think he isnt going to be very coachable. I think he is too arrogant and he doesn’t like to earn what he gets so i personally dont like him, but again, talent wise, better than Love all day. Love’s saving grace is i havent heard anything about him being arrogant or mopey, making him un-coachable, but he is way too raw for people to be taking top half of the first and really to me bottom half as well. He’s that perfect risk/reward at the top of the second.

• rich0322 says:

Honestly, other than Burrows, I’m not really a big fan of the QBs this year. He’s the only one worthy of a top 10 pick imo, but I definitely understand Herbert being pushed up because of the position. BTW, if they take Herbert at #5 I will support it even if I don’t agree he’s worth a top 10 pick.

Also, I just can’t get past all the Tua injuries. Is there a chance he suddenly becomes healthy for his NFL career, sure. …But I tend to believe the injuries will continue unfortunately. I like the kid, but I can’t see using a top 5 pick on a QB that might not make it to his second contract. If Miami takes him, I hope I’m so wrong.

Just saw a report that said the 9ers are looking to trade out of the 1st. Why dont we offer our second second and a couple of 5ths to move back into the first and get Isaiah Wilson, before someone else poaches him in the second.

So lets say the reports are true, at 5 take your QB, at 18 trade up to 13 offering second second and some day three change. Take the top OT on your board. Take the second at 26. first 2nd RB,

• rich0322 says:

I like the idea, but I can’t see them using all 4 picks on just the offense. I definitely could see 3 out of 4, but I think a S or DT/NT will be 1 of the picks if we don’t have that #56 pick.

We are solid in those spots, but could use a little extra, but we already have starters penciled in. I think S would probably be the next spot to be drafted, so 3rd or 4th, and the alternate pick would be a DT. Im thinking Marlon Davidson and the Duggar kid at S.

Could grab an OC in the 3rd if you wanna dive deeper on the OL or use to add some D help, maybe a S like Duggar or Reed.

If the first two things fall in place, you may want to move back from 26 and try to recoup the 2nd so that before the end of the 3rd round you have added: 2nd OT, S, DL and RB

I think of you nail those positions by the time day 2 is over you’ve done a great job

And then of course throw in C/OG type of you can

Usually I’m a fan of taking RBs in the 2nd round

But I’m not sure it’s so necessary
        We might be able to take a RB (or 2) in the 4th or 5th rounds

So you can hold off on RB in favor of OC, S or DL

I think the board is going to control at the end of the day

But the one area that stays deep into day 3 is RB
        Right now we have a 4th and 3 5ths – and we can add 2 RBs to compete with Jordan

There is some flexibility

But I do think the start of a QB at 5 and moving up from 18 for an OT is an ideal start….unless it looks like an OT is going to fall to us at 18

The scenario above i think i could legitmately have a shot at having one of the top three OT’s and depending on how it fell maybe we luck up and have Thomas there, then maybe Wilson at 26. Id be mor eok with trading back with our first second until lower maybe picking up another 3rd and then taking a top OC/OG guy like Cushenberry or Kindley, and witht he 3rds getting RB and S. Davidson in the 4th for DL.

Only 3 more days!!!

NFL draft could have been more proactive about their process and just made it a full week thing. every round gets their own day (just for this year) so that any technical difficulties could get handled without log jamming the whole draft. Once you get down to the latter rounds, with that many picks to go through in day 3 its going to run short on time if they have any technical glitches, and with the higher level of activity, because picks are coming in faster, there is more chance for that to happen.

124. rich0322 says:

D says:
    April 20, 2020 at 11:56 am
    ———————————————————————————————

Honestly, I’m not seeing any difference. All 3 positions have a potential starter penciled in. Although you could say adding a true safety allows McCain to go back to his best position, possibly improving 2 positions on the field. Also, we really don’t have a true NT which I believe is very important to a 3 man front. Again allowing Godchaux to move to DT/DE, and possibly improving 2 positions up front. I’m not going to lie, I’m a defensive guy. And since we can’t fill every hole this year, I think adding those 2 pieces plus a couple OL early is the way to go. I do think we should add a RB, just not that early.

We’ll see what happens…

• rich0322 says:

All in all, we are on the same page and have the same ideas, just the order of priority is a little different.

If we had 2 only picks in this draft (5, 18), who are you taking?

We get a little carried away, because we have so many picks, that we sometimes forget our basic needs.

My 2 picks would be the 2 GA OTs, if we just had those 2 new starters, after all we got in FA, I think we could still compete for a division title.

That would give us 4 better than average OL to go with Davis. Fitz would have time and we could run the ball and control the clock a little bit.

I think we could still get 2 solid OTs Jones at 18 and GAs RT at 26, after taking a QB at 5.

if we only had 5, and 18, me personally probably the two GA OT’s or Thomas and Jones, it would be two OT’s though. If it were just 18 and 26, like the second scenario, still two OT’s buit i dont think Thomas would be in play. I think though if we took QB at 5 and traded up, there is an outside chance we could get Thomas an Wilson, and get a QB, with just a little moving around.

126. naplesfan2010 says:

I was very interested in that article which focused on the flaws of the QBs in this draft.
    Makes me want to skip a year.

Its not like next year is really any better.

In fact at this point the only one anyone should have confidence in is Lawrence. The rest including Fields before someone starts gushing over an OSU QB, when those never pan out. Fields is at best a maybe, we will have to see. Then there is a guy at UGA people are excited about but the guy hasnt taken a snap yet, and then there is Kellen Mond who is average at best. Unless eh grows considerable this year Mond is JAG.

I do think this year will be the year they go for our QB, i dont think they wait. Its important to get that guy in at this point in the rebuild. The could wait a year, but again, i dont see a crop of guys worth waiting on. this group is better despite them not all being 100% clean prospects. None really will be anyways, just get the guy you think fits and you can work with.

rich0322 says:
    April 20, 2020 at 1:01 pm

—————————————-
    well we all have the same goals, we just have slightly different opinions on how to get there.

NEW BLOG UP!!!