Piggy Kiper looks for a SAFE space

Oinks Everyone!  Yeah…I know there are still some good Running Backs left, but honestly I started to think about how important this draft is for us and I kind of got cold trotters…I need a safe space now….

So what a perfect time to talk about Safeties!  It’s not a great year for safeties but when you start getting past day 1 some very good talent is there.  So I decided to take a look at 10 names to keep in mind.  This isn’t a ranking.  This is just 10 names.  So without further crisping of the bacon here are ten names at safety to keep an eye on.

10.  Xavier McKinney, Alabama.  The Top Dog

McKinney is the highest rated safety in this draft by most draft “experts”  So why do I have him at “10”?  Because I am a maniac who’s been trapped in his own apartment for three weeks – that’s why!!!  You really can’t go wrong with McKinney.  He does a little bit of everything.  There is this trend in most recent mocks where the Dolphins select McKinney at 18.  Usually that scenario involves the top 4 Offensive Tackles going off the board before 18 and the Dolphins deciding to wait until 26 to address the OL.  McKinney would be a great player, but can you imagine taking an Alabama Safety with the pick we traded our previous first round Alabama Safety for?  Maybe this one won’t be an ass!

9.   Julian Blackmon, Utah.  The Swiss Army Knife

I don’t expect Blackmon to go in day 1 or 2, so if we find ourselves into day 3 and we haven’t selected a safety, names like Blackmon pop up.  Utah also has two pretty good safeties.  But, calling Blackmon a safety is selling him a little short.  He’s a little more versatile than most safeties mentioned. here.  He played CB early in his career.  He might be able to do at the next level.  If you end up selecting Blackmon on Day 3 and he ends up being a rotational dime package sort of player, it’s a pretty good pick.

8.  Terrell Burgess, Utah.  The Clone of the Swiss Army Knife

You didn’t have to wait long for the second Utah Safety.  Where is our buddy DRG to tell us all about these two.  Well…I guess you will have to settle for Piggy Kiper’s observations unless he shows up.  Burgess is, like Blackmon, a versatile safety.  Not too long ago, I would have had Burgess pegged as a day 3 pick as well.  But he’s one of those prospects who’s stock is rising at the right time.  What do the scouts like about Burgess – you guessed it: VERSATILTY!  He lined up at Utah at both safety positions, CB and nickel.  He can be physical in the box and has pretty good coverage skills.  Will he break into Day 2 of the draft?  Maybe not…Burgess is a bit undersized.

7.  Ashtyn Davis, Cal.  The Speedster

This is one of the safeties that really caught my attention recently.  What is the one thing that stands out about Davis….SPEED.  So the story with Davis is that he went to Cal on a track scholarship and then walked on to the football team.  Plain and simple:  Davis can move.  So how fast did Davis run the 40 yard dash at the combine….well…he didn’t run…sorry to psyche you up for that.  Anyway, trust me he’s fast.  Probably the 2nd best safety on the list in terms of the amount of field he can cover.  And don’t think because he’s new to football and a track guy, he’s not physical.  His technique is probably not where it should be, but Davis can be very physical and doesn’t shy away from contact.

6.  Brandon Jones, Texas.  The Hitter

This isn’t really a name you are hearing a lot about.  But he is probably worth talking about.  Jones is a physical safety who will probably be limited to string safety type and play around the line of scrimmage in the NFL.  He’s not really known for his coverage skills.  I think Jones is a day 3 pick.  But he’s good at what he does: finishing tackles all over the field and punishing ball carriers.  Jones’ ball skills are lacking, so he’s best when the action is in front of him…as we all are…

5.  Grant Delpit, LSU. The Elite Talent

Oh Grant…what has happened in 2020?  Prior to the 2020 season people were saying that Delpit might be the best DB LSU has produced, better than Eric Reid, better than Patrick Peterson, better than Jamal Adams and better than Honey Badger.   People were ready to guaranty his top 5 status.  What happened?  Well – he tackles like he’s wrestling jello.  Delpit is the worst tackler on this list.  That said – I love Grant Delpit, and even though his sloppy tackling drops his stock, I still think he’s first round talent.  It’s eveything else he does that warrants a first round pick.  He’s a tall 6-3 and very rangy.  He is the probably the best safety in coverage in this draft. Delpit will shut down your tight end and blitz and pick off your QB.  He’s really an outstanding talent….who happens to be a bad tackler. But poor tackling skills aside, Delpit is the kind of playmaker who can take a defense to the next level.  I would love to see him in Aqua….In fact, I would even accept him in color-rush orange.  Sometimes great talents have notable flaws.

4.  Kyle Dugger, Lenoir-Rhyne.  The Athlete

That’s not a typo and I don’t know where Lenoir-Rhyne is either.  For all I care, their mascot might be a petri dish.  What’s important is that Dugger was a man among boys when he was there.  I have no idea how he ended up there.  He’s not what you expect from a small school prospect.  In fact, he’s an athletic freak with a rare combination of size, speed and strength.  I don’t know how he ended up anywhere other than the SEC, but when you are an athletic freak who plays for the Petri Dishes, you play defense, offense and special teams and Dugger did just that.  You might be completely unsurprised to learn that Dugger won All South Atlantic Conference for a few years in a row.  No kidding?  The second team will be selling insurance in a year.  I am honestly more surprised to find out there is a South Atlantic Conference.  Dugger is obviously a big fish in a small bowl.  We are about to find out how he performs in a big tank.  But this guy may be one of the true gems of this draft and will probably be off the board by the time Day 2 ends.

3.  Jeremy Chinn.   Southern Illinois. The Underrated

Want to stick with the small school theme?  I do.  Chinn is a heck of a prospect.  His career numbers at Southern Illinois are hard to ignore:  243 tackles, 13 interceptions and 6 forced fumbles.  He was very productive in college.  Chinn is a tall 6-3 and  221 pounds. He has excellent ball-hawking skills.  Chinn’s vertical jump was an eye opening 41 inches at the combine.  Some scouts think Chinn might be more of a coverage linebacker in the NFL, but given his top notch man coverage skills, I’m not so sure about that.  Chinn like Dugger, has to make a big jump from small school to the NFL.  But Chinn, did impress at the Senior Bowl when he played with the other big school prospects.

2.  Tanner Muse.  Clemson.  The Overachiever.

Make no mistake about it, Tanner Muse is not a top 10 safety prospect in this upcoming draft.  He doesn’t have the athletic ability to go very high.  Muse, probably went unnoticed by many while playing on the same field as Isiah Simmons, but Muse did a lot of important things for a very good Clemson team.  Like Chinn, Muse projects as coverage linebacker as well, but in his case, it may be more likely.  at 6-2, 227 pounds, he has the size.  When you get late into day 3 and you are collecting DBs like quarantainee collects toilet paper, Muse is a name you should keep in mind.  This is a solid hard working prospect, who at a minimum can cover tight ends for you and play special teams.  I happen to like Tanner Muse because I tend to like Clemson DBs, and he’s a hard worker that went unoticed by many as Isiah Simmons caught everyone’s attention.  I was happy to see despite his repuation as not being physically gifted, he ran a 4.41 at the combine.  That’s not to say that the experts are wrong about his lack of physical skills, but he does have that overachieving thing going for him.

1.  Antoine Winfield, Jr., Minnesota.  The NFL Ready

Truth be told, I do not think the disparity between the top rated safeties in this draft is that great.  The expectation is that McKinney will be the #1 safety off the board, unless Delpit somehow unseats him, despite his tackling deficiencies….but Winfield might be the best safety in this draft.  If the name sounds familiar to you, that’s because his dad played for the Vikings.  Winfield’s father won the Thorpe Award in college, but oddly enough, junior wasn’t really highly recruited when he left high school. Having the pedigree to play in the NFL has panned out for countless other stars.  Why?  Maybe because coming from an NFL family prepares you to play in the NFL.  Winfield plays smart. He makes smart plays, game changing clutch smart plays.  The interception at the right time is as valuable as prompt amazon delivery.  He’s also scrappy he’s got a stout solid build but he can move very fast.  He’s tough.  More importantly though it’s obvious that Winfield has great instincts.  It’s like he was born to play the position and sometimes that happens when Papa played in the NFL.  Winfield probably won’t be the top safety picked in the draft, but this little Piggy thinks he should be.

303 Responses to Piggy Kiper looks for a SAFE space

Safety Dance!

Why stop there D? We could close off Kansas and send the rapists and murderers there, send the druggies and dealers to Colorado (the real Rocky Mtn high)…😉

No we send the meth dealers to Kansas, wouldn’t have to move many of them. All other drugs could go to Colorado. Most the pot heads would freeze to death through trading their coats in an impulse buy situation to get a klifetime supply of cheetos.

I think the rapist and murders should go to Arkansas they already have a tradition of raping white water rafters. So i mean just honor that tradition and see who wins, the rapist or murders, we could televise it on pay per view and generate some serious revenues.

Id rather wait and take Chinn or even a guy like Ashtyn Davis later than get Delpit or McKinney. I think we do have a need at Safety, we are pretty thin there but i think we have a good tandem to start off with, and i think adding a guy that is more of a value pick that probably turn out better than expect would be the better route to go with. I like Delpit, but i dont think the value is as good for Delpit inthe first over Chinn in the second to third or Davis in the 3rd to 4th

Utah just seemed like the best place because i mean who wants to visit Utah…..most people dont even want to live there, they had a negative population growth rate for over a decade, dont even know if its changed, but cant be a state that we will really miss.

I say that also ,knowing that some of my distant relative helped settle the state, so its ok, im allowed.

Apparently you haven’t been to any of their national parks or ski slopes, but you missed my reference, it was a… not going to reveal it just yet, maybe someone else will get it.

No i know about that, but there are others just as good. Not to mention its snow skiing isnt my foray, i make a good bullet down the slopes but my turning ability i get panicd and wind up doing nothing, so gimme the wide open slopes but nothing with objects i have to avoid, oh and just to be proactive, im sorry for any of you that might be on a slope with me and and be in my general direction.

D — Salt Lake is like the cleanest city in America as far as I can tell. Think it the Mormon folks…… who I find a bit boring but also real solid (did a bit of work there…… and the skiing is fabulous).

April 10, 2020 at 11:44 am
    Krishna – Do you want to test for assholes?
    ———————————
    There’s a test????
    I thought you automatically got in with enough nominations!
    Like an un-popularity contest???? 😉

My quest, whats the basis of the test? Tightness, number of pollups, god forbid smell scale…. Amount of blockage due to hemorrhoid?

Trent Dilfer compared Tua to Marino and Rodgers

Like someone said yesterday, he has been working with Tua getting him prepared and rehabbed, he has a vested interest in that abatement lol. I do think though, his release is as close to quick as i have seen to Marinos, though still not as fast. His arm strength is comparable but not quite as good.

Pig — that was an awesome list of ten safeties , including ones who might go 3rd day and fit in. Seems a big Q is if McCain stays at safety or goes back to nickel. If he doesn’t seems we just need develop guys with Rowe there. If we want him at nickel then a starter might be in order….. or even a stud since seems we will be going value/future.

With davis. Karras and flowers seemingly all starters on the OL can we find two starting OL in the draft?

As far as Utah goes, if you scooped out SLC the rest of the state is pretty amazing!
    But that’s just about how I feel about most States and the “big cities”!

Hip injuries are scary. Look at Bo Jackson for instance

Completely different result. Jackson had necrosis in hip which prevented healing and necessitated a full replacement. In Tua’s case they were able to reset the displaced fracture right on the field at the time the injury occurred. That prevented necrosis from occurring which allowed the hip to heal without the need for any artificial replacement

• ocalarob says:

I think the jury may still be out on the level of severity that Tua may suffer from. Something about blood unable to get to the hip for healing. But im not a doctor

I don’t know that the jury is still out on whether Tua will heal
    All the feedback is that he has healed and will be ready
    But is he generally injury prone? – that’s an open question IMO

If Tua is there at 5 and we take Herbert would you be pissed?

That’s funny, but not so nice. No way they thought the dog was gonna make the turn……….. so set up the crash.

14. Philip Bijeau says:

Looking at PFF evaluation of Dolphins, the need is at offensive line and safety. If they want a qb, probably gonna be at #5.

I hope Grier is reading me!
    Because I really like how moving up from #18 and then Back from #26 to get the 2nd round pick back works!
    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 13 (S.F.): Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (A)
    Round 1 Pick 32 (K.C.): Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia (B)
    Round 2 Pick 7: D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Matt Hennessy, C/OG, Temple (A)
    Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)

If they want Tua I’m ok with it. My post last night praised both Georgia OTs, so I like those picks. Swift and Winfield in the 2nd I like. This is one of those too good to be true drafts.

That’s a good idea but a long shot to work

Hard to get that second back

ocalarob says:
    April 10, 2020 at 1:34 pm (Edit)
    ————————
    The jury is not out on that issue. Necrosis is tissue death usually from a lack of blood flow in the afflicted area. That did not happen in Tua’s case. That is a major difference between what happened to Tua and what happened to Jackson

Watching the MIA – NE game.

Many of you know Chef Warren. Some might remember his better half Stephanie. She came to D&B’s a time or two. Her Dad died of Covid a couple days ago. Really sad that her Mom was in quarantine and Steph not allowed in. This F-er keeps your loved ones from being there at the end.

Ken – Pitta had the same hip injury as Tua in 3013. Came back in 2014 and dislocated the hip without the fracture. 2017 fractured it again.

Excellent article on vaccination testing.

I had a fully formed dream of the 1st round of the draft last night. LOL, I need some sports.

In case your wondering we picked an OT at 5, we traded up to the Niners spot at 13 and picked another OT (we gave up our 3rd), and we picked a C/G with 26.

25. naplesfan2010 says:

Brady’s so greedy.
    Why not let the small guys make a little money for their creativity?
    What does he need to copyright those cheesy little slogans for?
    What’s he going to sell 300 cheap-ass tee shirts and make 19 dollars?

26. naplesfan2010 says:

I think if we got a first round DT, a second round safety, 2 first round OTs, and a second rnd RB we’d be a really dangerous team for years to come.
    Throw in a 3rd TE and a 4th rnd sleeper RB like Eno, and wow.

Just remember the Dolphins are not in a situation where they have to build a complete team at every position this year. Upgrade as much as you can, improve as a team and keep rolling. No team in the NFL is excellent in every area so get better as much as you can and hope we add enough impact players that we can compete with the best of them. Then build on it again next year.

Kong – I almost said maybe part of the reason why Pitta had it so bad was all that time travelling. I’m glad neither of us did it. LOL

It’s amazing the toll this virus is taking. A friend of mine from the old neighborhood lost his mom, dad and mother in law in one week. Ugh! That’s so freaking sad.

Fitzpatrick is fun to watch at QB

That game he was so money too! I watched that last week when Kong was kind enough to share the news. I couldn’t really think of another game I would want to sit through again. lol

31. Krishna says:

ATX was one of the first cities ala San Francisco that shut everything down early March. No SXSW, no Formula One in mid-March.

Originally, thought it was over the top. In retrospect, the leaders of our city and county made a good call, imo.

It’s close though, at local HS down the street where Brees graduated, and UT’s President’s wife, so there’s that.

Most here are very cautious, almost scary cautious if that makes sense.

Lines and floor markings seem to be respected.

I can easily say that those that were/are extra cautious probably came out right on this one. I can think back about a month ago or so thinking this was all a whole lot of of nothing. (not because Trump said so)

Mike – I watched that MIA-NE game in my favorite bar in Montana. Which is a Pats bar. Owner’s son was a reserve LB for NE. Little Mermaid was the bartender. It was a beautiful day.

• Krishna says:

All his receivers are wide open and no pressure, just like at Alabama.

Also, just noticed his RT (blind-side) and WR are both from Alabama and are top 10 draft picks. I wonder which players made which players better.

The 1st proposed change would be to stop teams from milking time off the game clock by taking penalties on 4th down in the last 6 minutes of the game.

The 2nd proposed change would extend defenseless receiver rules to kick off and punt returners. No more getting blown up if you misjudge the defender’s distance on a punt catch. :/

I haven’t seen anything about removing the PI review.

Every year at this time, I always wonder when I hear about these reports by “insiders” or “source close to the team” or pick one….who are these sources who supposedly say something? How much of it really is just reports making shit up and using unnamed sources? I know there are lots of people involved with these teams in one way or another….but I just can’t imagine people keeping their jobs if they do this sort of thing and give out private info to anybody unless it’s on purpose. I believe nothing I read.
    ****
    Everyone knows Tua has medical issues. Take him and your risk would appear to be higher than others. But, it’s also true that there are many examples of some teams passing a guy medically and others not. Teams will do their due diligence and make a decision. It’s why I wouldn’t crucify Grier for not taking him. If the medical says no….then you pass. If they say he’s good then take him. He is a talented guy, regardless of who he played with. I’ve watched him make lots of plays. The question is medical….otherwise he’d be a top pick. If they like a QB, take one. I don’t really care who it is. Trust your scouting.

I’m watching Mike’s favorite movie the Mexixan. Anyone know why it’s his favorite movie?

My first post after the page turn was…

Nobody got this reference, it was from George Carlin, in one of his taped shows he talks about taking the 4 states in the middle of the country and fencing them off, and putting druggies, child molesters, Murderers, and whackjobs one group in each state, then once a year one gate would be open for each state to move to another state for 7 seconds…

Phelon – Does she have a nice tail?

38. bailbondmike says:

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 5: Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama (A)
    Round 1 Pick 18: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A)
    Round 1 Pick 26: Austin Jackson, OT, USC (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 7: Lloyd Cushenberry III, C/OG, LSU (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 24: Kyle Dugger, SS/FS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU (A)
    Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Antonio Gibson, WR, Memphis (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 7: Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 27: Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington St. (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 6: Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 13: Carter Coughlin, OLB, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 32: Michael Warren II, RB, Cincinnati (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 37 (COMP): D.J. Wonnum, DE, South Carolina (A+)

39. bailbondmike says:

There is a good group of safeties in this class. We did draft Rashad Jones who wore #20 for us out of UGA in the 5th round. Why not draft #20 J.R. Reed 6’1″ 202, out of UGA in the 5th round this year? He is a play maker and not sure why he was not talked about more in this group. Like Winfield, he also has NFL blood lines as his father was NFL WR for 11 years.

He gets a pick on the golden boy at the 1:10 mark.

Is his Daddy Andre Reed?

• bailbondmike says:

Jake Reed, played for Vikings.

If we get into round 5 and we haven’t addressed safety, this guy and others like Miles dorn not mentioned in my blog are probably high on our radar

Even if we take a safety in the first or 2nd, I’m not sure we won’t take another one in day 3

I think JR Reed is right there – Honestly I would prefer him to some of the guys on my list above

40. bailbondmike says:

Toba, this one is for you!

Marc-Antoine Dequoy from the University of Montreal has to be the most under the radar safety but is a very interesting prospect. Only the Bears and Eagles were at Montreal’s pro day.

“Dequoy was one of the most celebrated athletes in U Sports, Canada’s equivalent to the NCAA. A three-time All-Canada team member (second-team in 2017, first-team in 2018 and 2019) at defensive back, the former Montreal Carabin is skilled in coverage along the slot and capable, at 6’2 and a still-growing 198 pounds, to step up to the line of scrimmage and erase running plays. He’s lightning with the ball as well; he returned six of his 12 career interceptions for touchdowns.

If that doesn’t grab your attention, this will. He showed out at his pro day with a 4.35-second 40 time and a 6.65-second three-cone drill, the latter of which would have been the fastest among all defensive backs at this year’s combine. That versatility should help him in his transition from the Canadian game to the American gridiron.”

I couldn’t find any video on him.

I compare Tua’s injury to Tua’s injury. Call me crazy but thats the only ture comparison i can find for it.

• pheloniusphish says:

You’re crazy.

Seriously….Pitta’s injury is almost identical. And he came back the first time by the end of the season, about the same recovery time as Tua. How does that not compare?

If they take Tua with the #5 overall pick its as if they dont know what they are doing. Tua may be great but this time last year wasnt everyone giddy about the rosen deal. This front office spent a 2nd rnder on him. And he really hasnt had a chance

You have to give rosen an opportunity to prove himself and drafting tua all but eliminates that.

Maybe we take tua this year give him a few games then draft a qb next year. Sounds crazy? Thats exactly what we’ll be foing with rosen

Im not against drafting tua. Just seems crazy to me.

I really think miami will trade back one of our 1st rnders to acquire more early picks next year.
    Partly because you may not want to add 3 first rnders and have to pay that money. Second this a has been greirs method of operation since he took over.

47. naplesfan2010 says:

I would not mind us trading up and down in the first as this mock proposes, but I’d rather not take Mekhi, whom I consider a strong potential for bust.

48. naplesfan2010 says:

I also think Winfield at 39 is too short, but I guess if he is playing FS (traditional deep safety), he’d be ok back there.
    I think Weaver DE will have a big learning curve to go up a level in competition. He strikes me as another tweener style bust who will never be strong enough to set the edge or overwhelm anybody with a bull rush or keep himself clean in the mosh pit.
    sorta like Charles Harris.

ocalarob says:
    April 11, 2020 at 8:14 am
    ………Tua may be great but this time last year wasnt everyone giddy about the rosen deal. This front office spent a 2nd rnder on him. ……

No not everybodyNo not everybody, some of us knew it was a stupid ass waste of a second round pick to begin with

Some of us still don’t think it’s stupid

Gotta make plays for franchise QBs when the opportunity presents itself

I think it was Ron Wolfe who said draft a QB every year

You need a QB to compete in this league
      Go get one
      Keep trying u til you do

We have 3 first rounders this year
      If we miss on the 5 pick with a QB that doesn’t pan out and 18 and 26 are good players – it will be a success

If we hit on 5, it can be the jackpot

With 3 firsts, I’m gambling

I don’t know why so many have cold trotters about bringing in QBs

50. naplesfan2010 says:

great article up above Phish … strong on Herbert.
    ppl compare him to Tannehill, as in athletic but low on charisma, but he was a stsrter QB for many more college games, big-time level games, and the HC we have now exerts far more discipline into the culture and the game plan.to prop up a kid than we had for Ryan.
    I can see Herbert as Brady 2.0, highly coachable, able to grow into stardom, yet even taller, faster, and with a bigger arm.
    OR
    He could make defenses nauseous a la the kid in Buffalo.

• pheloniusphish says:

I really want Burrow, but I’m okay wit Herbert or Love. Tua can play QB, but his injuries scare me, especially the hip.

A piggy dream

S TANNER MUSE
    CLEMSON
    251: R7P37
    CB TRAJAN BANDY
    MIAMI (FLA.)

52. naplesfan2010 says:

With the right coaching and a lot of luck, Love is the next Mahomes.
    But do we have Andy Reid designing plays? He’s who makes teh whole field open up for Mahomes so he can play like it’s street touch in da hood.

Who is this Chan Gailey guy?

Love probably needs to sit and watch for a year or more

• naplesfan2010 says:

as did Mahomes
        behind Alex Smith
        as Love would sit behind the veteran “great role model”
        Fitzpatrick.

I’m not sure Love is as smart as Mahomes, but he might be.
        If he is, then he can notice a bunch of “ah ha” moments from his bench year
        which he can memorize so when they happen in a game he’s the QB,
        he’ll know which athletic freak move to make.

Here’s another one for the Tua-risk-adverse crowd

5: R1P5
    251: R7P37
    S TANNER MUSE
    CLEMSON

54. naplesfan2010 says:

3 RBs?
    What’s the matter?
    Have you lost faith in Ballage
    and our entire RB room?
    OK, you convinced me.)

I think WY already posted his clips but here it is again
    I think he’s on our radar
    He really does so much…he can even play ST

Winfield is a playmaker. I am not worried about his height one bit. He has a knack for being in the right spot and making plays. I wouldn’t draft him too high, but the kid can play. I’d still prefer Delpit. I think he’s gonna surprise some people. Other than his injury, I can’t see why he’s dropping so far.

Why is Delpit dropping? Didn’t you read the post…..lol

It’s his tackling. He’s a horrible tackler
      Otherwise he’s great at everything else

He’s got a glaring weakness and it’s a big one

Watching Tua’s injury replay makes it looks as if he has a glass hip. The hit didn’t seem like it was that bad. Any Dr.s here know why he got hurt?

It’s a deep draft for WRs
    Another interesting approach the Dolphins is to take a WR early with one of those later first rounders or a 2nd

If you end up with a Higgins or a Shenault who won’t be one of the top WRs off the board this year (but ordinarily would) you have added a bona fide stud

It wouldn’t be crazy to take one of those guys

My favorite WR

I’d like that, then we can dump, catch a 6 yard pass and immediately peel back 5 yards, Wilson.

Same shit Landry used to do.

I think a lot of that was about the Gase offense which asked the receivers to pick up a lot of yards after the catch after they caught it near the sidelines

I’ve recently watched 4 games and Wilson peels back more than I can stomach.

Another very good WR

Mike, the movie The Mexican has a scene where Julia Robert’s, a gay gangster and a random gay guy are in a hotel room, then it breaks out into a Safety Dance free for all😁

Just trying to ruin your Saturday night.

No more Samurai’s?

Piggy,
    That would worry me if they actually allowed tackling anymore. Lol
    ***
    Fitzpatrick was a horrible tackler too. Lots of DBs are horrible tacklers. It’s a skill you can develop, and its becoming less and less a requirement. I don’t like it, but it’s reality in the NFL now.

I’m with you. It’s not as important as it used to be and he’s a beast in coverage

But that’s what he’s no longer a top 10 pick which he was considered at the start of the season

Don’t expect Delpit to come up on the edges and bring a ball carrier down the way Minkah was doing for us in his rookie year

• rich0322 says:

I really like Delpit. Obviously his tackling is his weakness, but he did show some improvement in 2019. I do believe his many strengths will definitely outweigh that one weakness. What I like is that he’s versatile and smart with very good cover skills. Also, he has no problem attacking QBs, it’s the running backs that are the problem.😉.

Two major things this staff likes are smart and versatile players, and Delpit checks the boxes on both.

I would be really excited if we nabbed him

I think there’s a real question as to how much GMs value that tackling weakness
        He might be a great fit for us
        I actually would prefer Delpit or Winfield to McKinney
        That said, I wouldn’t shed a tear if we drafted McKinney either

You guys should have stopped me before I started talking about samurais
    ….now I can’t stop

After watching these 2nd tier WRs I’m not as against drafting one as I was. I mean with 14 picks in a good WR draft class get one and dump Wilson already. Shenault makes some sense as he’s a run after the catch guy.

WR is kind of a luxury pick bc we have so many picks
        But it’s such a good class for WRs

Samuel L Jackson makes a great Nick Fury

I like the WR’s we have in house but if we decide to part with Wilson then we may want to pick up a WR. Definitely don’t need one before RD 3, and there should be a good one left there.

If we are talking 2nd tier WR’s don’t forget

pheloniusphish says:
    April 11, 2020 at 9:36 am

You’re crazy.

————————————————————-
    You missed my hidden but snarky comment. Every person is different, every recovery is different, science also improves daily on the methods they have for having more successful outcomes, especially for sports injuries because the money is there to drive the research. You cant compare any two injuries really, just not a comparable thing, too many variables. It could go a lot better, it could go alot worse, what im saying, predicting the future of an athlete with similar injuries is pointless, the outcomes could be wildly different. This is one of the major reasons i dont look at previous injuries to + or – a prospect, i looke at potential for re-injury and by that i mean , does their playstyle put them in position to get hurt, not re-injure, but get hurt period.

ocalarob says:
    April 11, 2020 at 8:14 am

————————————————
    Rob, at the time a 2nd round pick for a top 10 QB with money on his rookie deal and a 5th year option, that was a really good deal. If things dont work out you cant blame them for that, its not just on them to make the player pan out, a lot is on the player as well. No scouting at all can tell you how a get is going to react in a new situation and sometimes it just goes bad.

Maybe if DionFF went to a different team like KC with a lot less distractions and access to party drugs he would have panned out different there. Its the butterfly effect, changes to variables cause all kinda of different trajectories for every person, one business decision can make you a millionaire or it can put you on the streets, changing that decision might change the outconme but it doesnt mean it 180’s it, so on and so forth.

I promise you as business people and professionals at their job, they invest a lot into whether they feel a guy is a fit for them, and they make the moves and they dont look back. We are the pissy little kids that look back and whine about their stupid moves. It is what it is, its a business decision and those dont always work out, its mroe about if you can recover from them and move forward.

ocalarob says:
    April 11, 2020 at 8:30 am

—————————————-
    Or they trade up using those picks to get their guy, and then you are still right, they didnt have all those 1st rounders after all. I think thats kinda part of the plan. We arent going to be made or broke over any of the decisions we keep arguing over, both have avenues to success.

naplesfan2010 says:
    April 11, 2020 at 9:52 am

———————————————————-
    Im with ya on this Naples, i do not see anything other BIG when i see this guy, his feet arent good, his technique isnt clean, he is going to get exploited at the next level i think without some really really good coaching, and i dont see LT anyways, he is a RT.

Just being that big it will take another second to get around him, that should be all that’s needed, but I can see why you say (runblocking) RT.

I’d put him at LT and just let him play.

Watching OL chop block, block low, what ever you want to call it, other than to keep a pass rusher from batting down a pass is a pussified way to block. Mekhi does it way too much, could be coached, but its retarded for a 400 lb guy to do it as much as he does.

In our week 17 game a perfect throw back to the left to Laird with blockers in front only to be blown up by Kilgore trying to block low downfield. He didn’t even have to block, just stand in the way.

naplesfan2010 says:
    April 11, 2020 at 9:56 am

———————————————————————
    I agree on this one too, i like my safeties with a bit more size since a lot of times they have to cover move TE’s which are generally taller. Any physical advantage or disadvantage can be overcome, but its still an advantage/disadvantage. Love the player and a lot of the intangibles like instincts, just wish it came in a better package. Thats said, he does fit the scheme we run, which doesnt actually need that kinda player, he fits the mold of what we do.

I think our coaches want 4-5 CB on the field at a time, as opposed to 2-3 CB’s and 2 more traditional type safeties.

naplesfan2010 says:
    April 11, 2020 at 10:33 am

With the right coaching and a lot of luck, Love is the next Mahomes.

Who is this Chan Gailey guy?
    —————————————————————————-
    My only problem with you here is i think there will need to be a LOT of coaching and a LOT of luck. Mahomes in college was light years ahead of where Love is right now. Yeah the potential is there, but Tua is like Wilson with Mahomes arm, so gamble on injury potential or bust potential, i smell Love to be either a very long term project, more than a year a way, or plain bust. It wouldnt hurt my feeling is we got a guy like Thomas at 5, and maybe Josh Jones at 18 and then took Love at 26, that would be the 100% best chance of Love to have success, book-ending him with those two guys. Still i feel even better with adding Tua at this point than i do Love. Love at 5 would have me turn off my TV and find something better to do than finish watching our draft.

steveccnv says:
    April 11, 2020 at 11:20 am

There’s plenty of guys better than your 39 pick.

April 11, 2020 at 11:33 am

It’s a reach but we needed an OT
    ———————————————————————-
    I know ya had to go with your board, but that guy is being hyped up right now, he wasnt even talked about before combine. Those guys scare me because if they werent on the radar before this, then their tape looks like shit.

steveccnv says:
    April 11, 2020 at 11:25 am

————————————————————-
    Completely diagree with that man, i watched that shit live and it was fucking nasty, and the whole crowd gased too, so you could probably even hear it at the stadium. That was a really awkward hit too, put stresses on him you dont normally get when you get hit as a QB. Really odd play and injury to go with it.

I look at FA to see what i think they might do in draft. If i see them look at FA’s in a certain position, that shows me they arent 100% convinced about the draft class or their order in the draft to get one, so they are checking out the FA group first, so no interest in FA means they like someone that they see int he draft and think they have the right picks to get them. Im thinking it could mean an WR early, day 1 or 2. It could mean they are 100% ok with the WR room, BUT no one is ever 100% ok with any room so they are always looking to add a little. Im leaning towards W in draft and like i said maybe day 1 or 2.

We took a RB in FA so im think RB is going to be a late day 2 early day 3. Maybe they change their mind if they find a value pick, like Swift still there early day 2 or even at 26 if they had him as a top 15.

We took interior OL in FA, one big contract at OG with a year 2 player drafted day 2 last year and a swing guy they like who can play an OG spot too. So IOL probably day 2 or 3. If its early day 2 it will be OC since they gave the smallest contract to the OC we brought in in FA.

We looked at some DT’s but took some DE, so mpore likely a DT day 1 if DL at all, DE’s probably will be day 2 at earlier but more likely day 3.

Like i said though, it all depends on who finds themselves where. We also have a shit ton of picks so we can move around to get guys too, so maybe we wind up with 7 day 1-2 picks, and get a lot of things done, maybe we dont. It will be nice to watch it play out with that much flexibility.

The above is just my opinion, but it all makes sense to me in a logical manner so its at least an educated conjecture.

Thanks for the reply Piggy, was catching up on the posts from late yesterday i guess, but was starting to feel i was just talkign to myself here lol

Terry Bradshaw on Tom Brady……and Bradshaw does have a few Super Bowl rings himself.

“I don’t think he’s the greatest quarterback of all time. It’s hard to say. He may be the best quarterback we’ve had in the last 30 years. Is he better than Roger Staubach? No. Is he better than Dan Fouts? No. Dan Marino? No. I’m talking talent-wise when you’re putting all of it together.”

“Does he have more Super Bowls than anybody? Yes. Therefore, he’s the best. I absolutely have no problem saying it. If you’ve got the most Super Bowls, you can be in there, but I don’t put anybody as the greatest of all time. . . . Is he better than Montana? Not in my opinion. Is he better than Drew Brees? Yeah, maybe.”

It’s funny he mentioned Montana, because I think he’s your best comparison to Brady in that they both got put in perfect situations, otherwise their careers would’ve been completely different.

Montana and Brady are both smart/crafty QBs. But maybe they were so cause of how they were set up. Saw what happened with Joe in KC…. now we’ll see how Tom does in Tampa. I’m more a Marino or Fouts kinda of guy though…. and Staubach mentioned them too.

There’s plenty of guys better than your 39 pick.

You guys are usually with it more than this, I’m disappointed.

Better than Ezra🤔

D One thing you didn’t mention about drafting, is teams also draft for things that might occur 1 or 2 years ahead. You’ve got Jarvis coming up on a contract in 2017 and we really don’t want to pay him top money, so in 2015 or 2016 we need to draft a replacement.

Here’s a discussion about Tua from a medical standpoint. It does make him look a lot better. Does this make a team move up to get him at 3? Maybe. Teams move up all the time for QB and 10-12 of them always need a new guy,. Who knows but I’m glad we’ll find out in less than 2 weeks. Thank you NFL for bucking the trend and giving fans something to enjoy.

82. naplesfan2010 says:

My Quarantine diary
    Day 1 – I Can Do This!! Got enough food and wine to last a month!

Day 2 – Opening my 8th bottle of Wine. I fear wine supplies might not last!

Day 3 – Strawberries: Some have 210 seeds, some have 235 seeds. Who Knew??

Day 4 – 8:00pm. Removed my Day Pajamas and put on my Night Pajamas.

Day 5 – Today, I tried to make Hand Sanitizer. It came out as Jello Shots!!

Day 6 – I get to take the Garbage out. I’m So excited, I can’t decide what to wear.

Day 7 – Laughing way too much at my own jokes!!

Day 8 – Went to a new restaurant called “The Kitchen”. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have No clue how this place is still in business.

Day 9 – I put liquor bottles in every room. Tonight, I’m getting all dressed up and going Bar hopping.

Day 10 – Struck up a conversation with a Spider today. Seems nice. He’s a Web Designer

Day 11 – Isolation is hard. I swear my fridge just said, “What the hell do you want now?”

Day 12 – I realized why dogs get so excited about something moving outside, going for walks or car rides. I think I just barked at a squirrel.

Day 13 – If you keep a glass of wine in each hand, you can’t accidently touch your face.

Day 14 – Watched the birds fight over a worm. The Cardinals lead the Blue Jays 3–1.

Day 15 – Anybody else feel like they’ve cooked dinner about 395 times this month?

83. naplesfan2010 says:

Oh jeez guys sorry I so stole that Quarantine diary from my Uncle Paul’s email.
    I do not know the original source.

teveccnv says:
    April 11, 2020 at 3:18 pm

I’d put him at LT and just let him play.

—————————————————————-
    Partially because i dont necessarily agree that LT and RT are too much different, but his physical traits and other limitations wont be as exposed at RT than LT. LT’s generally have to have the best footwork and technique, RT’s can get away with being more average at both. Game still suits you to have your best overall OT prospect at LT even though they are closer in comparison than before.

steveccnv says:
    April 11, 2020 at 3:25 pm

There’s plenty of guys better than your 39 pick.

You guys are usually with it more than this, I’m disappointed.

Better than Ezra🤔
    —————————————————–
    Lol, that was really clever ill give ya that one because i didnt come close to catching it.

steveccnv says:
    April 11, 2020 at 3:33 pm

————————–
    A lot of time when i talk about business decisions, i’m kinda mentioning that, business people are preparing for thing that might happen years in advance using analytics, etc and juts mapping all the variables i was mentioning before. You are right though, thats part of it, and i didnt make that clear.

Sometimes they wont pick but 0ne first round OT instead of two, despite the need, because they need to stagger the contract expiration too. Another factor you just dont think about unless you are a pro/business guy.

I’ve mentioned that in the past, when Parcels started doubling down. You get the position of need filled by one guy or the other they’d say, but you should use different means to acquire them.

Posted another but may have gone to moderation

Aa

Scroll half way down for his game hilites from the week

Wow the blog is as deserted as the roads are this evening. I took my daughter an Easter basket of snacks and candy to her apartment at Marshall. I 64 between Charleston and Huntington is literally deserted. Stretches where I was the only car. It’s eerie.

92. bailbondmike says:

I have seen a lot of mocks with OT’s Austin Jackson and Josh Jones going late 1st and early 2nd round. I have read up on them today and, though they are very good prospects, they are not close to being an immediate starter in the NFL. Both have a lot to work on as far as the technical side of the game. They are really raw but have a very high upside and that is why they are projected to go that high. Ben Solak has Jackson ranked at OT10 and Jones OT12. With Niang, Tego Wonogho, Peart, Charles and Driscoll ranked ahead of them. I was surprised but after reading what their different evaluators had to say, it made sense. Only OT’s they mentioned who could come in and start right away ranked in this order are OT1 Wills, OT2 Thomas, OT3 Wirfs, and OT4 Becton. Others who could be drafted on day 2 and win a starting job on the right side included OT6 Tega Wonogho and OT8 Charles. That is not to say, if one of the others in the top 12 are drafted into the right situation that it is possible they could win a starting job.

I wouldn’t put too much into what these guys are selling, they listen to what their NFL contacts tell them, including all the smoke screens, and try to decipher the BS.

93. bailbondmike says:

We have a glaring need at OT. I think we need to draft whichever OT the Giants don’t (if that’s the way they go). Draft LT’s Wills or Thomas at #5 then RT’s Tega Wonogho, Charles, Wilson or Cleveland at #56 or #70.

94. bailbondmike says:

Yeah, I think we need to go LT at #5 and what ever QB is there at #18 (Herbert or Love).

5 Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
    173 Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA
    185 Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa
    227 James Robinson, RB, Illinois State
    246 Derrek Tuszka, Edge, North Dakota State
    251 Jon Runyan, OL, Michigan

• rich0322 says:

I would like that, but there is no way Herbert makes it to #18. This is why I thought there was a greater chance of trading up from #18 than from #5. I think if we go Herbert at #5, we need to trade up in front of Cleveland to make sure we can get a OT that can come in at LT. Since we would have our QB, we could use one of our #1 next year to move up.

The way I see it, if we draft Herbert then Andrew Thomas is the OT we should target. If we were to draft Tua, then Jedrick Wills should be the target. Either way we would need to trade up at least to #13 to get ahead of Tompa Bay. At #13 though we may have to take whoever is left over of the top 4 OTs. We figure the Giants, Arizona, Cleveland, and Tompa will all be seriously considering OT. …with Jacksonville and the Jest as possibly considering too. That is a lot of teams to just sit at #18 or even #13.

95. bailbondmike says:

SMU RB Xavier Jones is another decent RB who will be available in the later rounds.

96. bailbondmike says:

Happy Easter Everyone!!

97. bailbondmike says:

Though, it is a shame that Moses got arrested on Easter morning. He is under the alias Allen, Robert Wayne. I guess it is a bigger shame that Moses was on probation to begin with. LOL

Was he building a boat illegally?

• bailbondmike says:

Not quite, LOL. He was driving on a suspended license, DUI, and leaving scene of accident. He was on bond with us for this back in 2017. He got only 12 months probation but they gave him a technical violation due to failure to complete DUI school, unpaid fines and court costs. This warrant has been active for almost 2 years.

I think that’s probably my best draft! Without Trades!

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 18: Josh Jones, OT, Houston (B+)
    Round 1 Pick 26: D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (B)
    Round 2 Pick 7: Grant Delpit, FS/SS, LSU (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 24: Cesar Ruiz, C/OG, Michigan (A)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Robert Hunt, OT/OG, Louisiana (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 7: K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 27: Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 6: Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 13: Jalen Elliott, FS, Notre Dame (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 32: Levonta Taylor, CB/FS, Florida St. (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 37 (COMP): Carter Coughlin, OLB, Minnesota (A+)

Hey Mike

I wrote a new post. Think I should post it now or do you have something planned?

Go ahead – I want to do a collaborative post for the next one, about the draft. Do you want in? I would like anyone who wants to contribute to get involved. I think it could be fun and more interesting

Pigs must hate Easter. A lot of ham consumed

Happy Easter everyone! 🐰🐣

Happy Easter🐰

There’s several LTs that we can take in the 1st that should start for the next 5 years, why do we need to trade up and take the best one?

I’d prefer Andrew Thomas to all the others, but we don’t need him. If we draft Tua my RT of choice would be the Georgia RT.

Steve

I like Thomas too. I don’t know why he isn’t the consensus – 1 but he’s not

Wirfs is my 2nd
    Then Wills
    Then Becton

I actually don’t think the difference between becton and Jackson or Jones is that great, unless you really like big OTs

Happy Easter to all of you — give a call to those you love.

Happy Easter everyone!

Happy Easter, folks!

Damn Easter bunny better bring me a QB

107. rich0322 says:

We don’t need to trade up, but I could see Miami being aggressive just like in FA. I think they could and should go and get the guys they think best fits the team. Whether it’s trading up or drafting someone that we have rated a bit lower, I don’t care. I’m not sure why some people are so against trading up. We collected all this draft capital, so that if we need to move up we can.

As for the tackles, Jones and Jackson both have high ceilings, but they also need a good amount of work to get there. Not sure either one starts day 1 without a good amount of growing pains. The top guys in this draft are more ready to start immediately. IMO, the LT is the one position I don’t want to screw with. Just try and get the best guy possible and then move on to the other positions along the line and develop if need be.

Obviously if we draft Tua, then RT becomes a top priority. …And yes I do like Wilson from Georgia. I’m a big fan of both Georgia tackles.

Of course this my opinion, but so is every other post about the draft in here.

Looks like the coro\navirus is a heathen, he definately isnt taking Easter off .

109. naplesfan2010 says:

Happy Easter folks.
    May all your bunnies be chocolate, or at least as sweet.

Miami seems to have interest in JK Dobbins.

If Miami does draft Tua, does that mean they sacrifice a roster spot for Rosen?

5: R1P5 OT TRISTAN WIRFS IOWA
    18: R1P18 QB JUSTIN HERBERT OREGON
    26: R1P26 S GRANT DELPIT LSU
    39: R2P7 RB D’ANDRE SWIFT GEORGIA
    56: R2P24 C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY III LSU
    70: R3P6 S KYLE DUGGER LENOIR-RHYNE
    141: R4P35 G DAMIEN LEWIS LSU
    153: R5P7 TE JACOB BREELAND OREGON
    154: R5P8 RB AJ DILLON BOSTON COLLEGE
    173: R5P27 LB MICHAEL DIVINITY JR. LSU
    185: R6P6 DL KHALIL DAVIS NEBRASKA
    227: R7P13 LB FRANCIS BERNARD UTAH
    246: R7P32 S JARED MAYDEN ALABAMA
    251: R7P37 WR JUWAN JOHNSON OREGON

Good one but #70 is too much Safety. We already have 4 before Delpit.

• New Age says:

That reinforces what a good free agency Grier had this offseason. We went from the least talented roster in the NFL to a team that really doesn’t need to double down except at OT and RB. That’s pretty impressive.

• rich0322 says:

I agree on how FA allows us to go in many directions.

• rich0322 says:

Yea, the 3rd round may be a little early to double up on safety, but Dugger does sound like one of those versatile guys we like. While SS may be his primary position, there is talk he can be used at linebacker in subpackages too or even as a weak side LB. Plus, he seems like he’ll be a very good special teamer. I haven’t seen him play, so just going by what I’ve been reading about him.

113. bailbondmike says:

I traded down with Jax and like the way it turned out! I was going to take Love at #26 but Pats took him at #23.
    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 9 (JAX): Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (A-)
    Round 1 Pick 18: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 20 (JAX): K’Lavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (A)
    Round 1 Pick 26: Xavier McKinney, SS/FS, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 7: Lloyd Cushenberry III, C/OG, LSU (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 24: J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio St. (A)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Jonah Jackson, OG, Ohio St. (A)
    Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Eno Benjamin, RB, Arizona St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 7: Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington St. (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 27: Harrison Hand, CB, Temple (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 6: Tremayne Anchrum, OT/OG, Clemson (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 13: Omar Bayless, WR, Arkansas St. (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 32: Levonta Taylor, CB/FS, Florida St. (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 37 (COMP): Carter Coughlin, OLB, Minnesota (A+)

I’ve never done one of these mocks, but it seems like players are talked about here, then you guys draft them, and a lot of the players are from the same group. Most of the guys after rd 4 I’ve never heard of.

Curious as to how you guys draft, do you just put in players at positions of need, based on some big board, or do you really know something about them?

I’m not trying to be a dick, just trying to evaluate these drafts a little better, because I really don’t have a clue after the top few guys (I do however watch game tape of them).

Here’s some info on the conversation we were having the other day

Saw something where they said that the government (not Trump saying this before that debate starts again) was still planning on a May 1st resume work, and i was like WTF, the number are still climbing pretty fast. Hell just today, in the past 16 hours, it went up another 20k. WTF are they smoking.

It’s about the % of new cases and deaths, not the numbers. In New York, a while back, they were saying the curve is starts to trend down when it takes the deaths/new cases more than 2-4 days to double.

Hope everyone had a great Easter btw.

Breeland against Auburn looked great blocking was 4 for 4 on passes thrown to him. Looks very fluid catching the ball, not sure why they didn’t target him more, other than short passes.

steveccnv says:
    April 13, 2020 at 9:41 am

———————————————–
    Yeah i have been tracking that and the rate dropped down quite a bit, but recently it picked back up again, so yeah thats what im basing my statement off of, the % of new cases, not numbers as a whole.

I don’t know how you do your math, but that’s not what I’ve seen in the last week. For example over the weekend the cases went up 6% and the deaths went up 9%, earlier in the week 7th-8th cases were up 8% and deaths 15%, and looking at my numbers back to 4/1 I get 12% and 21%, so I don’t agree with your findings.

teveccnv says:
    April 13, 2020 at 9:34 am

—————————————————–
    To be honest, we kinda talk about all of them at some point lol, so its not hard to have everyones mocks contain people we have talked about. I can guarantee you there are little to no potential 1st round prospects we havent discussed. Probably few 2 and 3 rounders too.

I’m talking about 5+ rounds, how are they drafted?.

Breeland, who I like, is an example of someone mentioning him here, now everyone has him in their mock. So do you guys actually know something about him?

I watched Oregon twice last year, and Breeland made game changing plays in both!
        He showed up enough to get me to watch his other tape and decide I liked him better than the other TE’s.
        Although there isn’t really a complete TE this year?

After round #4 for me it’s about who I watched that impressed me during the year.
      You’ll see lots of MWC guys! 😉
      But that’s just me!

What a dumbass, Mark Cuban considering a presidential run as a 3rd party. Please do, he’ll take plenty of votes from weekend at biden’s.

• pheloniusphish says:

If there was ever a chance to break the two party system apart, it would be this year. Too bad there doesn’t seem to be any viable third party candidates.

I think Cuban is a great candidate. Had he ran in any of the pre 2016 elections I would’ve voted for him, but he’s not going to out support Trump.

steveccnv says:
    April 13, 2020 at 10:24 am

————————————————————-
    The way im looking at them is based on rate of new cases over a 24 hours period, so its roughly the same data as yours i just represent it differently. We at one point, probably in your high percentage markers, were going up at a scary rate of almost 4k an hour, like almost 100k a day. we dropped to about 50k and then 30k, and then we dipped down below 20K for a while i think even got as low as 15k, then it started going back up and like i said recently it wen up like 30k in the last 24 hour block.

Percentage of new cases you have to be sure how your doing your percentages, if you are doing percentage of cases as a whole, your percentages will be smaller because your dividing by a cumulative number which gets bigger and bigger. you have to do you percentages off of some time factor, like 24 hour period and say ok well i was here at 1030 today, i was here at 1030 yesterday, so i saw a %change of X. Either way our data and represnetation should show the same deal, my patterns actually map pretty close to yours except your looking at dates and % so far back your aren’t looking at the curve and its flattening as a product of com pared to yesterday which is the only way you can truly look at this, if its higher than yesterday the curve isn’t flattening its going getting steeper.

I agree with you that overall, we are in a much better place than we were, but as a compared to yesterday , we are about where we were, which compared to the day before was about the same and compared to the day before was a slight increase, which compared to that days before was an increase. So right now we are holding the curve, not flattening, and previous days before that we were steepening it. You have to look to your last data marker to see flattening or steepening, instead of comparing it to the overall highest percentage climb.

Your numbers aren’t accurate, at no point have we had 100k new cases in a day. My numbers are based on those that come out at 4pm EDT daily.

I’ve been keeping numbers since 3/27 and the % have been going down.

I’ve seen you work numbers before with salary caps, please don’t tell me how I should use numbers, I’m a numbers guy.

Wasn’t meant that way Steve i respect your numbers and your gathering and analysis but somewhere we are disconnecting. You didn’t say how you were getting them so i was more questioning through a declarative for you to clarify. i still hold to my numbers, i get them from John Hopkins University web site, same time ever day but im seeing either a straight incline, the past few days, no drop off on the % increase day to day.

4 QB’s in the first 10-12 picks could happen in this draft. You know 3 are going probably top 5 (Burrow, Tua and Herbert) and then it’s just one team to get desperate to take Love and there you have it.

I think probably 4 in the first, maybe 5. I dont know about top 10, because i dont think anyone who watched Love’s tape really should think he’s a 1st rounder. Eason would be more likely to be taken in the first IMO and he has a weak personality that i cant see didnt come out in team meetings.

pheloniusphish says:
    April 13, 2020 at 10:37 am

—————————————————–
    There are always viable 3rd party candidates, just have to have them break affiliation with the current two. Just like Trump was threatening to do in the last election, if the GOP didn’t back him, he was going to run as a third party. Any candidate that see running in the party as a lost cause could run as a third party, and its possible they could grab more votes that way. Lets say Bernie ran as a third party, ya know the socialist party that he truly represents, he was popular enough that he would at least have split the democrat vote, could he gotten over a third of the overall votes to pulled it from Trump, probably not, but one day that could happen, but it takes a candidate alienating their current party to do so, so its not likely.

Also the American public if high percentage of U100’s to take a term from Steve. That means they are very influence-able and they also tend to stick to the rhetoric they are already brainwashed to believe, so its unlikely that the American public is truly able to get behind any independent, no matter the popularity or quality of the candidate.

• pheloniusphish says:

By viable, I mean a candidate that could pull enough votes from both parties to win. Sanders isn’t viable because he would pull from the extremes of the Democratic Party, but wouldn’t pull from the republicans.

I get that, i even said that in my post about Bernie, it was just an example of a way a third party could begin to become more viable, they have to be a strong candidate in an election, that splits off from his or her party, ultimately for that year, destroying that parties candidates but securing that many votes as a thrid party, even in an eventual loss strengthens the case for a third party and maybe breaks with the tradition of 2 parties. Its highly unlikely, i also said that, but thats how ya get there is ya really want it to happen.

steveccnv says:
    April 13, 2020 at 10:40 am

I’m talking about 5+ rounds, how are they drafted?.

—————————————————————-
    I dunno, thats not really how i roll, but i think what really happens is someone mentions a guy, a lot of people go look at the tape, they see what that other person saw and then maybe its fresh in their minds and they start mocking them. Its human nature but doesn’t really mean its herd mentality, its just fresh in their mind. My opinion on Breeland is he is a decent TE prospect, in other drafts, he wouldn’t be but a day 3 guy, but the shallowness of this draft has he and the guy i like, Pickney, in consideration for much higher, neither are worthy of were they ultimately will be drafted because they are benefiting from a shallow TE pool.

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*†
    Total cases: 525,704
    Total deaths: 20,486
    Jurisdictions reporting cases: 55 (50 states, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)

These look like Saturday’s numbers. 559,409 and 22071 reported yesterday.

Thats exactly what my numbers said too man, we have the same numbers. I goofed on the 100k thin but im not wrong that at one point it was flattening, and then it steepened again, and now its holding, thats still not a flattening thats a linear change.

Here is what i have for april.
        1st to 2nd: 213.4K 243.8k :30.4K increase
        2nd to 3rd: 243.8k – 275.6K: 31.8K increase. Curve steepened.
        3rd to 4th: 275.6k – 308.8K: 33.2K increase. Curve steepened.
        4th to 5th: 308.8k – 337.1K: 28.3k increase. Curve flattened.
        5th to 6th: 337.1K – 366.7K: 29.6K increase. Curve steepened.
        6th to 7th: 366.7k – 396.2K: 29.5K increase. Curve held.
        7th to 8th: 396.2k – 429.0K: 32.8K increase. Curve steepened.
        8th to 9th: 429.0K – 461.4K: 32.4K increase. Curve held.
        9th to 10th: 461.4K – 496.5K: 35.1K increase. Curve steepened.
        10th to 11th: 496.5K – 526.4K: 29.9K increase, Curve lessened.
        11th to 12th: 526.4K – 555.9K: 29.5K increase, Curve held.

How does that say its falling off? To me that says exactly what i said, its at very best holding, but there are more increases than decreases, if you throw out the top numbers the damn thing is pretty linear.

To own it, you are right about the 100K increase, i looked at my numbers wrong it was total numbers i was looking at what i had mark at my highest rate of incline. 33k was abotu the biggest jump i saw in numbers from one day to the next.

I like 4 QBs going top 10, that would mean either the cheats not getting one or having to give up a lot to move into the top 10.

New Blog up
    (Lightning crashes behind Piggy)