TE’s and FB – Current depth chart and needs

Mike Gesicki – 6’6 250

Durham Smythe – 6’6 260

Michael Roberts – 6’5 265

Chris Myarick – 6’5 255

Fullback – Chandler Cox – 6’1 240

This is a very young unit, but also a unit that might a little more talent depth wise. At the top, Mike Gesicki seems to be the type of TE we have longed for (at least I have) for quite some time. He’s the athletic, seam busting, pass receiving TE’s that defenses have a nightmare with. He didn’t have an All-Pro season by any means, but he’s just dipping his toe into the pool. Probably unfairly, I expected this kind of production his first NFL season, 51 receptions, 570 yards and 5 TD’s. The thing is, his confidence is there now and I expect him and the Dolphins to build on last year’s success. Gesicki, much like DeVante Parker came on strong in the 2nd half of the season. If you think back, our offense was putrid in the 1st half of the season so those numbers were largely based on a half of the season, thankfully, the last half. FB Chandler Cox wasn’t used as much as I would have liked but maybe he will see more of a workload in 2020. Cox was used in 8% of the offensive snaps.

As far as the depth, Durham Smythe is a decent blocker, he came here with the pedigree of a very good in-line blocking TE. He’s been adequate, not great, and he’s been just about non-existent in the pass catching department. Newcomers Michael Roberts and Chris Myarick fill out the depth. Roberts was acquired after missing the entire 2019 season with an injury. That very injury nixed the trade between the NE Patriots and the Detroit. Myarick was on our roster last September then cut and placed on the PS. He signed a reserve/futures 2YR contract with the Dolphins. So it’s obvious that once you get past Smythe, our depth is thin.

This is not a great draft for TE’s and it won’t be a surprise if no TE is selected in RD1 or RD2. As far as free agents are concerned, the best have already been snapped up leaving a pretty weak collection that remains. Delanie Walker is a very solid player but he’s 36, and Jordan Reed who has loads of talent just can’t stay healthy. The other thing to consider is this . . . Look at the size of the TE’s we do have, all 6’5 and all 250 lbs or more. Doesn’t seem like we want small TE’s or H-back types.I can’t imagine we will be looking for a TE early in this draft, meaning before the 4th RD. A guy I can see us drafting if we don’t pick up another FA would be Adam Trautman. He’s more of a receiving TE with good athletic ability, not quite Gesicki athletic, but a 34.5″ vertical and an extremely impressive 6.78 3 cone drill. That shows exemplary agility, there are only 2 players in the entire draft class that bettered that mark and one was a WR (Denzel Mims) and a S (K’Von Wallace). For a guy 6’5 255 to do that is an athletic feat.

So this concludes the Depth Chart/Needs series. Next up will probably be a collaborative effort on the draft. If anyone would like to contribute, please let me know.

We will be conducting a Finsmob Unleashed LIVE Mock Draft. The date and time have not been set, we will discuss this on the blog and try to find a date that suits the most people. This should be easier since we should all be home anyway, R-I-G-H-T ? ? ?

GO DOLPHINS!!

#staythecourse

392 Responses to TE’s and FB – Current depth chart and needs

Add

Nice take on it Mike E. Sounds odd, but I’d say either go all in at TE or not at all. Bring in a two-way stud and we can play him and Gesicki in a 2 TE set or in ones where Gesicki is basically a slot receiver. Less than a stud and the guy is not in there on passing downs.

Patrick Surtain still has some swag. He was asked if Xavien Howard and Byron Jones can be as good a pairing as Surtain and Sam Madison were.
    ————————
    “Wait, you say as good? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? These guys haven’t even played together yet. You’re talking about two legendary players, two guys who are probably going to have their names in the rafters at Hard Rock Stadium pretty soon. You are going to compare us to them?” Then Surtain smiled.

“I like the duo. They’re two very talented young cats. I’m interested to see how they’re going to work together. It’s going to be a couple more years or five to six years before you can even compare them to us. We were probably the best duo during our playing days in the league and they have yet to play a game together. We’ll see. I’m pulling for them.”

Dunno about Swag but he is correct. People like doing that, getting the cart before the horse, a lot has to play out for that conversation to start.

Good write, Mike. Not sure how we approach the TE position in the draft but I’m sure we’ll add one. Maybe as a UDFA. We saw Gesicki emerge last year and that should continue. Smythe definitely has to up his game. Roberts is supposed to be a good blocker. Don’t know much about Myarick.

At fullback Cox is going to have to really ball because we signed Landon Roberts who plays both LB and FB which gives him the edge for a roster spot.

I hope to see more Cox……uhhhhhh
      He blew up some defenders, and didn’t get blown much…..riiiiight

LOL, I had already forgot we signed Elandon Roberts. When I was rewatching our last game against the Pets, he had a couple of really excellent blocks from the FB position, one of which sprung a TD run. I was thinking we need to get a FB that can block like that, lol. It would be great if he can fill the FB need from the LB position opening up another roster spot.

All joking about Cox aside, he did have some really nice bliocks last year, a couple that were elite level. I can remember one goal line block he did that sprung us for the score in particular but i cant remember which game it was.

Robert’s can fill the role of 8% of the O snaps, no reason to hold a roster spot for that, so unless Cox is that good on STs he’s at risk.

I kept yelling at the TV “SHOE ME YOUNG MAN!” and finally towards the end of the year Gesicki earned the right for me to spell his name correctly. GO GESICKI!

Shoe me the money! Shoebooty

Breeland had a leg injury (Knee, unspecified) last season after 6 games. Will have to see how his medical exams came out.

The rap on him is he is a good route runner but is not a good blocker.

5: R1P5 OT JEDRICK WILLS JR. ALABAMA
    185: R6P6 WR TYLER JOHNSON MINNESOTA
    227: R7P13 TE JACOB BREELAND OREGON
    246: R7P32 K RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP GEORGIA
    251: R7P37 LB MICHAEL DIVINITY JR. LSU

Take THAT!

I WOULD take that!

We need an LT, why does everyone draft all of these RTs, especially at #5?

we need both tackles. He was the best Oline available when I picked. (best per the composite board I was using, not my personal opinion, because I don’t watch enough college ball to have an opinion on linemen…)

I’ve seen Willis projected on the right and left side
        He played right side at Alabama but that’s bc he was their best OL and Tua is a lefty

We also need a RT – we need both

Wills has the feet and hand skills to play LT but not sure if he’s comfortable there.

RT if we get Tua but that means we wont get one at 5 lol.

If I knew Herbert was going to be there at 18, I might be inclined to take a tackle at 5

I think maybe the 26th pick could have been another tackle, and then maybe we get Swift with that early 2nd. If we end up with Delpit and a RB or Ruiz in the 2nd, we made out like bandits

I think most people believe Wills can make the move easily to LT.

I think he just played RT bc that’s Tua’s blindside
      Most the reports I see suggest he can play both
      But no question right side is his comfort zone

Honestly I think I would take Wirfs or Thomas before Willis

ESPNU keeps showing games with the QB prospects

I’ve seen Tua, Burrow and Herbert the last couple of games

Honestly I think all three are amazing

But Tua (not taking durability or injury into account) is the best IMO

People focus on flaws with prospects all the time but we need to remember they’re very young and can and should get better. College careers don’t define NFL careers.

1 spectacular season and 3 “meh” seasons shouldn’t either!

My take is that all 3 can be very good in this league – but make sure they are protected

I hate the idea of trading up for Burrow and giving up a shot to draft OL to protect him

Just sit tight and 5

Exactly right, Mike!

Piggy, I’ve pointed out that we can still get an OT even if we did trade up for Burrow. I’m not saying this is what we must do, just that we have the ability to do it.

Mike, Marino had a great junior year and a meh senior year. It’s all about the situation. We’ve seen plenty of great QBs look meh when things don’t go well with the entire team. Did anyone expect Peyton and the Broncos to get dominated by Seattle in the Super Bowl? It happens and it shows you that it’s more than just the QB.

Yeah, Marino was a gunslinger in college and besides the possible drug issues, they thought he threw too many INT’s. Not a finished product yet!

37-23 as a Junior and 17-23 as a senior. If a guy has talent you see it. Stats don’t always tell the story.

Piggy,
    That’s sorta why I cringe when I see trades for Burrow. To me, aside from the injury concerns, Burrow is simply not that much a better prospect than the next 2-3 guys. Why give up so many picks when you can get a guy with just as much talent….maybe even more….without giving up any picks?
    ***
    I get the thought behind going after a guy you really like, so I wouldn’t hate it. But, I think it goes against the rebuild process. Keep all your picks over the next couple years, and you can potentially set up your team for a decade, if you make good picks.

But Randy, why did they amass all these picks? They did it so they could make a move like that, thats part of the rebuild process, they use those picks to get their building blocks and QB is the biggest of all of them.

Burrow had 1 spectacular season after developing each year and improving each year, culminating with a finished product who dominated from start to finish in his last year. You can call it one year of success of you can call it maturing and coming into his own. I think its the latter, its not like he whooped up on weaker opponents, or he had a fluky statistical year, he started strong and finished all the way through the playoffs strong.

He had a dream season. Yes his team was good but they played big time opponents and won all of them. Good teams win. We all know what it looks like to have a great QB but you don’t win enough. 😦

I just looked at our roster and out of 78 players currently on it I can see 30 players for sure that will make the team and even another 10 is possible. So maybe 15 players not on the team yet will make it. You have the draft, UDFAs, June 1st cuts? and trades are still on the table.

Also, in my opinion, this isnt a go for the playoffs year, i mean i know they will push to win, and we might even make the playoffs, but the intent of this year is a stage before finishing things off in next FA and draft and making our push there. I dont think anyone in the FO is interest in anything from this year other than improvement over last year and getting our building blocks to start building around. Thats why i fee if we want a QB we are going to go get him, and if we want a DE or S or WR, we are going to go get them.

We have too many picks to not do what we need to to get the people we want. Sitting at 5 and waiting for whats left over does not strike me as what we will do with all these picks, we might be fine staying put but that will be the choice because of who we wanted. We certainly know who we want and i think they will do what they need to.

We’re on the same page. That’s why when I see fans saying we need this and that at every position is also not realistic. No team is set at every position and we all know that.

OMG! Demody’s mom just got plastered by a garbage truck! (Ozark reference)

D,
    I agree that MAY have been part of the reason they amassed so many picks, but it is hardly the only possible reason they did it. It also allows them to build a better team much faster. The team has never once said they made those trades to be able to move up and take a QB. That’s a narrative some have put forth, but there are other possibilities too.

Randy, you think the team would say what their plan is? 😉

Didn’t finish my post and hit post too quickly. LOL

All everyone is doing is discussing the Dolphins’ options because they have rare draft capital.

They have said that would be willing to trade them to move, Grier has said that on a few different occasions. I can’t tell you if that’s smoke or if it’s truth, but logically it makes sense that they would be. I’m not big on it, I’m more conservative with resources by nature, but stepping outside myself and thinking about it it from the idea of where we are in our rebuild process, what we have available to work with and just the nature of the draft system I’m certain that they are willing to do what’s necessary.

It’s kind of the idea of going to an auction and to you this item is one of a kind and you realise you are going to have to outbid several suitors for that item. It’s go big or go home without it and you brought with you more than most can match. Do you go home without the thing you were wanting most just to pick up a few other items you also had on your list or do you walk out of there with exactly what you went there for.

The fans and media also don’t have the same opinions about players already on the team or prospects that the team does. They see progress we don’t see.

In reference to D’s response to my post: My point was that just by amassing picks it doesn’t mean they are definitely positioning themselves to go after a QB. If I’m a rookie GM and a rookie coach, I want to build a team as fast as possible and win as quickly as possible. What better way to do that than to get a shit ton of high picks? There are other possibilities than just going after a QB. It’s certainly possible that’s their plan but it’s certainly not the only possibility.
    ***
    I’ve been saying for months that all these picks give them the option to do whatever they like if they can find a trade partner. But, this idea that of course they’re going after a QB because why else would they get all these picks doesn’t really ring true to me. Just my .02 worth. If they offer Cincy a King’s Ransom for Burrow and they bite, so be it. It s a legitimate option. I’m all for trying to land a franchise QB. I’m just not sold that it has to be Burrow….or at such a high cost. But, he’s the shiny new toy this year. Lol

It all depends on what the FO and coaches feel about the talent available. It’s nice to have the options we have. The last time we had anything like this was with Jimmy Johnson but it wasn’t even this good, and with him going with quantity ended up being just okay. Lots of key players were FAs too.

Just wait. They’ll trade up and take Chase Young who actually is the b st player in this draft and the guy who looks like he has the potential to be an all pro. Lol

What Burrow did as a leader and competitor is what separates him. Cincy may not trade out no matter what we offer, so then all other plans/options are on the table. Maybe we need to be at 3 to have Cincy bite so they can be sure of Tua or Young.

If we’re willing to give up 5, 26, a first next year, a second this year and next to go to one then just divide it up between Detroit and Cincy. Maybe later picks or players get thrown in as well but both moves can be done for the same payout it would seem. They have to be willing of course.

What if no trades are made and everything is predicated on us drafting Tua THEN we trade. Similar to Eli and Rivers.

We have that Charles Harris carrot to dangle, just saying, lol

Dr Birx sounds like Dana Perino. If I’m looking away and Birx starts speaking I look up thinking it will be Perino.

son,
    By all reports, Tua has phenomenal leadership qualities. In 2018 Tua threw for almost 4000 yards, 43 TDs, 6 INTs and a 69 completion %. Pretty damn good. I don’t think Burrow has shown he’s a better QB, competitor or leader. The only reason I think Burrow may have an edge is due to Tua’s injury issues. That is my only concerns with Tua.

Hey Randy, I feel like you’re ignoring me. You keep referencing everyone in the discussion but me. Just wondering.

He’s dying to play here. I have no way to know but I’d believe if he told you the truth he’d say Miami is where he wants to go.

The draft is 16 days away guys

Mel Kiper guarantees that the bengals will select Burrow #1 overall

I don’t think he’s wrong

I just don’t see anything else happening at 1

Not at all. I just think your opinions suck! Lol
    ***
    Seriously though, I wasn’t ignoring you on purpose.

D – He really has only one other season that’s nearly a complete season, and it wasn’t like it was huge improvement from what he did previously, he played 5 games 2 years in a row. That senior season basically came out of nowhere, and that’s fine. I just don’t look at it as steady improvement each year, know what I mean?

Totally agree with Randy on his 7:25 post above about Tua

Jim Miller on NFL radio has Tua as his #1 QB. He thinks he’s the best QB, best arm, and can fit any offense, and specifically pointed out how well he fits Chan Gailey’s offense. He likes his leadership qualities and his competitiveness as well as his athletic ability.

I like the the top 3 QBs in this draft Burrow, Tua and Herbert. After that I am not a fan of the other QBs in this draft, in particular Love comes to mind of a QB to stay away from.

That’s my whole thing with a trade. I just don’t think the value is there to give up a ton for Burrow or anyone, really. I’d be happy with several QBs this year. Next year has several that will be good prospects too. The great thing this year is that it should be a sweet draft for us no matter what they decide to do. We will still have some decent picks and should get several really good prospects. It’s an awesome position to be in. Grier did a nice job of collecting picks. Now he has to make good picks or it won’t matter how many we end up with.
    ***
    And, the wild card is they still have Rosen. His arm talent is as good as any of these guys. Has he learned enough to step up and be a leader? Maybe we are all overlooking the kid. Who knows?

5: R1P5
    246: R7P32
    WR KENDRICK RODGERS
    TEXAS A&M
    251: R7P37
    WR AARON PARKER
    RHODE ISLAND

How many QBs that were taken in the top 10 that actually lived up to their draft status over the last 20-25 years?
    Not many. Maybe manning. Who else? And how many busts were taken?

Piggy with a double down draft

Piggy with a double down draft

So you don’t want a first round QB Orob?

ORob:
    Yes QB is no guarantee in round 1 just like any other position but the real issue is can a team succeed in this league without a franchise QB? You know the answer and that is why we can’t pass on a QB when we have a shot at one of the top 3 in the draft

When you have so many needs, you really don’t need to be trading all over the board, and once you make that first trade you make the rest of the picks, starting with the one traded, worse.

For example, you trade your 1st pick in the 2nd to move up from 18 to 12, so every pick starting with the 2nd, 2nd becomes worse, because that 2nd, 2nd is our 4th pick instead of 5th.

Later in the draft, maybe in the 4th, after our 5 main needs are met, sure do some wheeling and dealing. I’d prefer trading later round picks for 2021 picks, being careful not to trade our original picks in a round (generally pick 5 in a round), for one round earlier in 2021.

Rock and Tim

I took two OTs bc I think we need two OTs

I took two safeties early bc I think we need at least one, but the 2nd one might eventually replace Eric Rowe

Two running backs has always been my thing. I think there is room for Jordan Howard and two rookies rbs on our roster

We really have a lot of picks
    I think our biggest needs are OT, S and RB

I’m doing a video mediation today

Wish me luck

ocalarob says:
    April 8, 2020 at 12:03 am
    Not many. Maybe manning. Who else? And how many busts were taken?

I believe at least 50% of these QBs were put in situations that set themselves up to fail. Tim Couch, Tannehill, Leaf, Russell, and anyone the jets took😉 others like RG3 had injury issues.

So far Rosen has been setup for failure, but he’s not done yet in Miami. He can be better than Fitz with a resemblance of an OL and running game.

You put any of these failed QBs in the right system and I’d bet most would’ve succeeded.

You have to believe you can make whoever you draft high a success, and give him what he needs, or whoever you draft will fail.

You can’t just look at the stats and say in the past guys failed to live up to their draft status and therefore we shouldn’t do this or that. These are the types of comments I hear all the time, that are based on stats and not much else, and why I hate most stats. Ted

———- Forwarded message ———

To:

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Fw: Pandemic Golf
    Date: April 7, 2020 at 2:44:30 PM PDT

Subject: FW: Pandemic Golf

Pandemic Golf

March Madness is cancelled, the NBA is shut down, the Masters is postponed, and my Aunt Marge’s senior bowling has even thrown in the towel. Now restaurants and bars are closed, and our 40-handicap governor is threatening to shut down all entertainment facilities including golf courses. I have not tested positive, but the coronavirus is killing me.

There is nowhere to go and nothing to do. My wife suggested we take a walk, but I don’t walk anywhere unless I have a golf club in my hand and it’s cart path only. My kids have a restraining order on us and won’t let us come within 200 yards of the grandchildren. And we can no longer eat out, but when we tried to cook at home, there were cobwebs in the oven.

The network channels are inundated with coverage of the virus. The golf channel has been showing reruns of old tournaments, which are almost as riveting as watching my brother-in-law’s video of his family camping trip to Yellowstone. And my wife is so desperate for something to do, she is even considering sex, and maybe even with me.

Paranoia is off the tracks. Before the shutdown, we were having dinner at a local bar. I let out a loud sneeze and everyone at the surrounding tables started yelling “check please.” My stock portfolio is plummeting and most of our cash is currently invested in toilet paper. I am washing my hands 137 times a day. I don’t touch anyone. I don’t even touch myself. I have been using tongs to go to the bathroom. This has to stop.

Our society and economy have been crippled by a microscopic virus. Scientists have not yet determined the exact origin but have narrowed it down to a Chinese fish market or Rosie O’Donnell’s bathtub. And no one is sure how to prevent or cure it. In the past, the ways to prevent contracting a contagious disease were simple: don’t eat in restaurants with cat on the menu and don’t date my college roommate’s sister.

I don’t consider myself to be in the high risk category. I have been building up my immune system by eating one meal per day at MacDonald’s for the last 25 years. Germs just slide through me. My only pre-existing condition is an inability to launch a golf ball further than 180 yards. And, according to the CDC, symptoms of the coronavirus are sweats, dizziness, and trouble breathing, which I experience whenever I am standing over a 3 foot putt. I can handle it.

So, I proposed to my regular foursome the idea of escaping from our self-imposed Stalag 17 and venturing outside for a round of golf. Everyone recognized the danger and severity of the situation. But when faced with the decision to remain sequestered with our wives or to risk contracting a deadly virus, it was a no-brainer. Every man opted to play golf.

Our foursome does not pose a medical risk to mankind. My friend, George is virus free. Social distancing has not been a problem for him. Other than us, he doesn’t have any friends. Bob, my neighbor is a urologist who has been working from home for several weeks. He has developed a way to do remote prostate exams by having patients sit on their cell phone. And our other partner, Jerry tested himself with a kit he bought online. However, he thinks he may have gotten the wrong kit. It showed no traces of the virus but indicated that he was pregnant with twins.

The federal government has established guidelines for social engagement. For example, you must stay at least 6 feet apart and no more than 10 people are allowed at a gathering, which means Patrick Reed’s fan club can still meet. In addition, our foursome drafted our own specific set of rules for Pandemic Golf.

Rules of Play:

· • Hazmat suits are permitted. As an alternative, one can wear a college mascot costume or big bunny pajamas.

· • Masks are not permitted, because we would look more like stagecoach robbers than a foursome.

· • Leave the flag in. And to avoid retrieving balls from the hole, any putt shorter than Lebron James is good.

· • Ride in separate golf carts and don’t come closer to another player than a fully extended ball retriever.

· • Don’t touch another player’s balls. This is always good advice.

· • No high fives. Fortunately, we seldom have a reason.

· • No excuses. Slicing or hooking are not side effects of the coronavirus.

· • Make an online bank transfer to pay off your bets for the day.

· • Straddle the sprinkler on the 18th hole before getting into the car.

These rules and restrictions adequately protected us from contamination. Unfortunately, there is no vaccine for bad golf. I had trouble gripping the club with oven mittens, but it was an enjoyable afternoon which ended way too soon. There were no handshakes on the 18th green, no beers at the bar, and we drove home separately.

As the pandemic plays through, it is giving us a glimpse into our inevitable future where all meals are delivered, all entertainment comes through the tv screen, and all human interaction is through our cell phone. Where schooling is online at home, exercise is on a stationary bike in our basement, medical testing is done at drive thru windows, and colonoscopies are performed at Jiffy Lube. The world is changing. It is becoming less interpersonal as technology consumes us.

They should change the draft schedule. Increase the time between picks. Do 1 round a day. That way we have the draft for a whole week.

As for QB it just goes to show that not all the hype surrounding these top pick qbs are accurate.
    When was russel wilson selected? Rodgers fell to late in the 1st. Drew brees?

Some guys succeed no matter the situation, I’d add Marino, Elway and Peyton to that group. Retired I know, but…

I would not consider the qb position a must. If theres one there when we pick and they like him then pull the trigger. If not theres always next year. Its not like this is the only draft tobget a qb.

Would we consider giving jax #26 for yannick?

I’m also in the we don’t have to take a QB early as well. I do think we take one anyway, so it doesn’t matter. lol

Here’s a U75 special from SI:

Adding the right young quarterback to this team would make the Dolphins immediate contenders in the AFC East. The best part, though, is that the Dolphins have signed veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick through this season, which ensures that they can take their time and not rush their new rookie to start before he is ready.

Do they even read what they write? How exactly is a young QB, that’s going to be on the bench, going to make us contenders?

Its a hype article, lots of cart before the horse statements. Dont know which rookie it will be, dont know how ready he will be or if even will be ready, dont know a lot of things, and its also kinda ridiculous to thing a rookie QB turns a team around like that. I agree its a big piece that will get us int he place to start moving in that direction, but again, pure hype. Like you said too, why follow that up with, but we will take our time, therefore he wont be part of what makes us a contender.

This team was not good last year. I don’t get all the hype. We were ranked near the bottom of the league both offensively and defensively. The only reason 5 wins looks good is because pretty much everyone was expecting worse. It was still a 5 win season with pretty bad overall performances on both sides of the ball. Keep churning the roster and bringing in more talent because we need it. So far so good…but don’t let a 5 win season make you stray from the process you started. It’s not about what we do next year or even the year after that. It’s about building a sustainable program that can be successful for the long term. Stay the course. I heard that somewhere. Lol

Itrs what i am saying, or have been. Next year isnt the year, but i think its reasonable to think we want to be making our shot in 2021. Reason being is resources. The rookies we have and the players we signed we got to get to it before we waste all that cheap time with them. To be sustaining in this NFl with players moving around all the time, you have small windows of time to get things done. Things cant happen overnight, but they have to be inside 3-5 year windows and if you take so much time that you get there by year 4 you really only have a year left to make your move.

Every year, except last year’s rebuild, has to be thought of as the year. It just takes a hot team, with enough talent and everyone coming together.

Why can’t Fitz get hot for a playoff run like Flacco did? The D was making plays with guys off the street, why can’t they this year, with 2 shutdown CBs? Any running game and pass blocking will make the O better, and we already moved the ball up and down the field at the end of last year, then add Preston and the FAs to that.

Why not us in 2020? Is it realistic to expect it? Probably not, but with a good draft and some breaks it could be our year.

Then there’s the 18 road games to the west coast, London, and Mex, but maybe they cancel the London game and the Mex game should be in place of a west coast roader.

You Eeyores need to have more fun with this😉

Despite the lack of talent, we won 5 of the last 9, including wins against 2 playoff teams. The early stats skewed the final stats, but either way we were bad on O and D, yet still won 5 of 9. That’s pretty impressive and why we were able to get the FAs we did.

Imagine what Flores can do with a little bit more talent.

I almost forgot to give Randy the business for reading stats and coming to a conclusion based off of them🤔

I wasnt saying it couldnt happen this year, i just said its not the plan, the plan is to get building blocks and build, we saw that in FA and we will see it in the draft. Im not saying it cant happen, i do think we played well and we started putting things together. That trend can continue and with better players we probably could make playoffs with this team. Im just saying, like last year, be realistic with expectations, and let the team show us what they got. Last year they had more in them than we expected, and hopefully its the same next year.

steve,
    I am excited and encouraged by what we’ve seen Flores and Grier do so far. It’s been a good beginning. I just want them to continue to build and not take any shortcuts because we may have had a little more success than we’d hoped for. I want to be a perennial playoff contender…not just a one year wonder.
    ***
    I’m excited to see what they do from here on out. Another 5 win season really wouldn’t bother me if they are building something that will last.

What makes you think they’re going to take a shortcut?

Byron Jones? Maybe.
      Van Noy? Maybe.

But when you spend in FA on important positions and the guys get the job done, you’re Ok, it’s when you pay a DT or some other position that’s not worthy too much or the high priced players don’t perform that really hurts.

I think 5 win season would be a disappointment for me, and im not saying that because it would onlu match last year. Year to year its different, but i dotn think they will be able to say they got the most out of the players on this team with only 5 wins. I wont wallow in the misery of 5 wins, but i will say it will be a disappointment.

Yeah, 5 wins isn’t going to cut it. It would follow the trend of the recent hiring trends. Good year 1, then downhill.

If Flores is the coach we think we saw last year, then 8-8 would be an average year 2.

I think, still depending on who we draft, if we draft good at the top 5 positions of need (QB doesn’t figure in to that, because he’ll likely redshirt), then 10-6 should be about where I see us. Some key injuries, QB play or luck could change things up/down.

10-6 would be Fitz playing like he did during the the 5-4 stretch, the OL being decent, the FAs contributing fairly about how we expect them to, and the top 5 rookies playing fairly good.

Anyone else here feeling like a long lost member of the Beatles because their hair is getting so friggin mop like?

Wyoming

Winfield is one for my favorites too

Winfield/Davis/Duggar and the possibility of Delpit in the 2nd to is good news for us

When you factor in Swift/Dobbins/Taylor/Edwards-Helaire in the 2nd

I think it might be advantageous to look at OL in the first and wait on safety or RB

But I keep seeing mocks mock a safety or a RB in the first

There are so many ways we can go as far as positions. Like I said last night a lot of it depends on how the team thinks of some players already on the team that the media and fans may not think much of, but the team does.

Our team isn’t even complete yet but I think 5 wins would absolutely be a disappointment at this point. I think our draft would have to really suck for our team to perform so poorly to only win 5 games. Plus, I know you can’t count on it, but NE may take a little step back which helps us too.

The Pats started taking a step back at the end of the season last year. They lost 3 of their last 4 games at home including the playoffs which never happens.

The loss to us was a brutal one. I’m just saying you can never count them out because they always manage to come up with something. If they don’t get a QB before the draft they will probably trade for Dalton once CIN takes Burrow.

Oh yeah I get it and now with Brady gone who knows.

Exactly. I recall a few times previously where we all expected their demise and it’s 11-5, 12-4, 13-3, 14-2, etc etc. It’s sickening!

64. Krishna says:

I’m kinda siding with Tim Knight on this one.

Who is the QB for NE now? Brady was able to carry that team, except at the end of the last season.

65. Krishna says:

I haven’t seen it mentioned on the blog. However, I assume everyone knows this is going to be a virtual draft with virtually everyone drafting, communicating from their “homes”. I wonder if some teams have hired “hackers” to “listen” in. You know cheaters will cheat.

What a strange world.

He is brittle. He is brittle. So brittle he had to say it twice? lol

His injuries definitely scare me, but look at Frank Gore having 2 ACL tears and then going on to have a 15 + year career as a RB who take a physical beating. He could easily be the best QB of the bunch if he stays healthy. That’s the risk.

its smokescreen season and Tua is a prime target

66. Krishna says:

The risk seems too great with his injury history over the last 2-3 years. He keeps getting hurt. There isn’t a one off like Brees.

67. Krishna says:

I would love to get Chase Young if we could. I think Burrow is the best QB, too. We can do what we want but so far Grier seems to have set all of this up nicely….from purge, to FA, and draft capital. Let’s see if we can hit the draft.

Of course, all of this is only on paper and virtual shit.

Testing, testing!

68. Krishna says:

And, thanks for the research and article, Piggy. It is much appreciated.

69. Krishna says:

And, I very much appreciate you, Mike E, and your efforts.

You see these articles or tweets about teams trading ahead of Miami. We all know any team in the top 4 looking to trade down would be stupid not to call Miami to see if they’re willing to trade up being they have the most to offer without depleting their draft or future drafts.

71. Krishna says:

Show me….let’s see if Grier can bring this home.

We have to preserve Football season people, do what I’m doing:
    I’m yelling at people!
    Guy comes slobbering down the aisle (mind you I had a well established position in front of the items I was shopping for) with the phone, the mouth wide open, stops like 2 feet from me and totally oblivious.
    “Hey, watch your social distancing, dammit, son yells as he throws the little basket he’s holding at this fuckfaces’ feet.

Dance asshole, lol

LOL, you serious Clark?

The store I shop at has now made all aisles one way to stop passing and keep distance between the shoppers. There are giant red signs on the floor of every aisle. I’m shopping today watching this moronic chick blissfully oblivious to or ignoring the direction aisle after aisle…

Well there are always people during normal times who are oblivious to anyone else in the store.

And obviously these aren’t normal times. You have to be 100% dumb-ass to be oblivious right now. Or an asshole. Even if you don’t agree with the rules, were all in this together and each person should do their part.

steveccnv says:
    April 8, 2020 at 2:48 pm

……… or the high priced players don’t perform that really hurts.

another difference this time around is the age of the guys they are bringing in. Prime year guys not over thirty guys like we did in the past.

So, who do you guys think Newton will wind up backing up this year?

No no I said backing (that ass) up to a queer! I think he takes time off from football this year to fully explore the closet he lives in 🙂 not that there is anything wrong with that.

Grier has done everything he said he was going to do to rebuild this team from the ground up. He has a philosophy and he’s following it. Now comes the big part of it with the mega drafts.

Piggy I wish we had that penalty box. D needs to be put in it.

D, don’t you think if Cam was gay that I more than anyone would know?

..wait that didn’t come out right. lol

Lamical Perine

As Mick Hubert would say, “Pee-rine”

Did someone say Hand? LOL

We just had a virtual Passover with my family. I was so skeptical but fuck if it wasn’t fun! We got to 7 shots of Slivovitz, that shiot is real!

????????????????????????????

I’m excited to watch how it goes. As a fan, I hope to win all 16 games. These guys have had a pretty good start so far. Things only get harder from here on out. I hope we are able to watch some football this year. I don’t give a shit about NE. We need to kick their asses just like we need to kick the shit out of Buffalo and NY. We need to get back to winning our division. Start developing a home field advantage again and make people come here to play.

81. Phindog says:

Well so what if Cam Newton is a shit dick .. He’s a hell of a QB when healthy. I think his shoulder has heeled with the time off. Someone will get him on the cheap and laugh all the way to the playoffs… 🐕
    That’s for Son of a Son of a Newton 😎

It’s his ankle too. That’s his major issue. Cam is not the same player without his quick feet. He’s not a natural passer. Ron Rivera traded a 5th rd pick for his backup Kyle Allen over him in Washington. Who knows better than him?

• New Age says:

If teams could have seen if Cam was healthy, he would have been a much better option in Chicago and Jax than what they have right now. .

• New Age says:

Healthy Cam, that is. Tim is right and he may not have a spot in the NFL without his running.

Piggy

Actually, Sonny isn’t far off

83. TryPod says:

Quiet in here- exceptionally so. I mean, usually someone is in here by now.. wait, I’m in here…

When I do the mock draft on fanspeak I like to mix it up by using the different options of big boards and switch up who decides what the team needs are. No matter who’s team needs list I use it seems that cornerback is always one of the needs.

I’m not sure that is the case especially after signing Jones. With Howard and Jones as our book end starters we have Needham who was playing very well towards the end of the season after a slow start and we have Tankersley Coming back after a full year recovering from the ACL Injury. That is to pro bowl caliber starters with high level back ups. Then we had a bunch of young guys get playing time towards the end of the year last year as well.

I know you can never have enough defense of backs but I think we may be set the first few rounds unless a guy is just the best player available when we pick.

Now safety may be another subject.

I am crossing my fingers tightly that Cordrea Tankersley can make it back and play like he was before he was injured.

I like tankersley but if you cross your fingers any longer they may set like that

We can use a safety. I don’t personally like taking one at 18 but if there’s an early run on OTs it may make sense to take a safety

Ideally day 2 puts us in range of guys like Delpit, Winfield, Davis, Chin and Duggar

There is a good crop of safeties that aren’t elite prospects but can be very good nfl players

We also have numerous 5th rounders so that may be a go D spot for dbs if we don’t use those picks to trade up

I like the idea of trading up from 18 to get an OT
    I don’t think it costs that much, we might be able to give up a 4th to move up just outside of top 10

It another good spot to trade up is from 56 to higher in the 2nd round
    We will see how the draft falls and if the prospects are worth it

But early 2nd may be a good spot to land a top notch RB, S or more OL help

I like that we have 3 5th found picks, especially back to back picks at 153 & 154. The 5th round has been a lucky round for us.

Jim Kiick, Don Strock, Brian Cox, Nolan Carol, Jay Ajayi, Reshad Jones, ZACH THOMAS, Davon Godchaux, Bobby McCane

I don’t WANT TO give up my 5th round picks to move up in other rounds. LOL

Tim, I’m not picking on you, I’m sticking it to the U75 media 😁

April 8, 2020 at 6:07 pm
    The thing I like about Grier is he’s confident in himself. You have to be to hire Marvin Allen who is well respected as a personnel guy as his asst. GM and Reggie McKenzie as a senior personnel guy. Either of those guys could take his job if he fails.

We hear this crap all the time from the media, but don’t buy into it. I mean how retarded is it to think, if you hire someone with more personnel knowledge than you have might take your job, so don’t hire them, if you feel insecure?

You lose your job, because you didn’t get it done or the group as a whole didn’t or they don’twant to pay you, so surround yourself with the most brilliant minds you can find and work together. What’s the difference to you, if someone already on the staff takes your job? If they fire you someone will replace you. This isn’t the real world for jobs, you’re easily replaced, with someone that really doesn’t have to be trained.

Interesting Wyoming

Matt Infante
    @MattyInfante
    So in the same podcast that Michael Lombardi claims Tua broke his wrist twice at Alabama and at least one NFL team failed Tua on his physical, he also claims it’s unfair to say Jarrett Stidham isn’t ready to lead the Patriots.

Am I the only one putting two and two together here?

I hope someone takes Tua, before the evil genius can get his hands on him.

Belecheat will have to give up a ransoms worth of draft picks to move up to get him just like everyone else. More than most because of their original draft spot. That is unless Tua falls like Brady Quinn.

Infante is just saying stupid shit here. Does he think Lombardi is working as a shill for Belecheat? Oooooooh what a burn of a smoke screen Belecheat is pulling off here! Not. SMH

Rodgers fell

Rodgers didn’t “Fall” his evaluations were wrong to begin with because of the system he came out of.

Rich Snead, Tennessee: “I like him. I just don’t know if he’s maxed out. He’s more accurate than (Kyle) Boller but probably not as athletic. He’s a better player than Akili Smith. He’s more athletic than (Trent) Dilfer was. He’s a little more mobile than Joey Harrington. He had to go to a JC because no one would recruit him because they said he was too small. He’s been busting his (expletive) his whole life to get to this point. I just don’t know how much more he has to give.”

NFC scout: “(Alex) Smith is the better athlete.”

AFC scout: “I think he has some upside although there are some things that are just ordinary about him.”

Jerry Angelo, Chicago: “I’d give Rodgers the edge (over Smith) just because he was easier to evaluate. And there’s a little more arm. But the edge is negligible.”

NFC scout: “I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn’t have great ability to change the release of the football. He’s mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better.”

NFC scout: “The guys that Tedford has had, what have they developed into? They’re too well-schooled. So mechanical. So robotic. I don’t know if they become good pro players. I think Rodgers is in that same mold.”

AFC scout: “I don’t like him. He’s a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing. If you take him in the second round, fine. Heady guy. They do a marvelous job of coaching quarterbacks there. I don’t think he’s as good as the top quarterbacks coming out last year.”

AFC scout: “I don’t think he’s in the class of the quarterbacks that came out last year. Strong arm. Pretty good athlete. Still has some holes in his game.”

Bill Polian, Indianapolis: “I see a guy who has good arm strength. I see some athletic ability. I see a guy who was pretty good with a good team. I see a guy who’s in a pretty efficient offense. Am I certain that he’s going to come in and lead my team to the Promised Land? I can’t say that. I’m not even sure I can say that about Alex Smith.”

AFC scout: “He’s a system quarterback. 3-, 5-, 7-step guy. Can’t create on his own. Panics under pressure. Gets flustered easy. I don’t think there’s a quarterback in the draft worthy of a first-round pick. I’m dead serious. None of them are worth it.”

That’s kind of how you fall. Rated high, then people second guessing.

Researchers at Mt. Sinai performed a study of the genetic makeup of the earliest cases of Covid-19 that occurred in NY and found that the majority of cases in NY came through Europe and not directly from Asia. That is interesting.

Why is that interesting? Travel from China was already shutdown, and NY is our gateway from Europe? What started the mess in Italy, were the Wuhan citizens living in No. Italy that went home for Chinese New Year.

it wasn’t a political statement. Get your conservative panties out of your asscrack.

It is interesting that the scientists can examine the virus and see from genetic markers where it replicated.

Who’s on first 🤔

Does that just mean that the people who tested positive for Coronavirus in ny were of European ancestry?

I’m not a geneticist but I’m guessing that “testing the genetic makeup of the earliest cases” is just testing the genetic makeup of the people who reported it early

They don’t actually separate the virus from the people and do a genetic breakdown right?

You would think if they have the tech to analyze the genetic makeup of the virus and be able to trace its origin they would be able to find a fucking cure. Crazy!

They probably have found it.

There are around 50 possible “cures” going into testing.

It only takes about a year to get through clinical testing to be considered for use on “Humans’ ;-(

“Treatments” not “Cures” Just like there is no cure to the flu or the common cold there will not be a “cure” for Covid-19. There will be treatments for the symptoms and to reduce the replication of the virus but even vaccines are not cures. When there is finally a vaccine it will most likely come from a neutralized version of the virus. I.e. manipulating the proteins in the virus so that the body recognizes the virus and creates it’s own antibodies while the virus in the vaccine is altered so that it does not replicate.

That’s what the fancy “quotation” marks are for Rock! 😉

Slivovitz was the cure for my sleep difficulties. Went to sleep at 11:30PM and woke up at 10:50AM

Hangover you get from it is cause so much sugar. Get wasted on planter’s punch sometime and oh will you regret the morning.

So Son was the social distancing cop at his grocery store yesterday and punked a guy down. I was too, but was by my wife. 🙂 She stopped at the pharmacy, but after picking up and seeing the aisles decided the place was too crowded. Had to go and put stuff back….. even if still wondering checking out would have been the safer option.

And what’s the fixation on paper products? That aisle was barren again. Can only crap so much.

• TryPod says:

I did a little reading on this subject.. it appears that tp production is roughly 60/40% home to office use, and for whatever reason, producing home grade paper with office grade manufacturing equipment isn’t possible. With many being home, home consumption of tp and other household paper products has gone up.

Interest TryPod….. but I’m then left with why not put the office stuff in the stores. They might grumble but can guarantee people will grab it up.

Based on my last two visits milk is OK now, but maybe cause you can’t horde something with an expiration date.

Rock

I didn’t even know a virus had a genetic makeup. I guess its technically a living organism

It also attaches and changes your DNA once you contract it. Its one of the ways they are looking to defeat cancer, but taking DNA sequences from people who have natural resistances to developing certain cancers and inserting that DNA sequence into a virus that then attaches itself into your DNA sequence, therefore passing the resistance to that cancer to you.

So lets say the Scenario is we dont have to trade up for our guy (not knowing who that might be) so we take a Qb at 5, and then use 18 and 26 to trade up to maybe 7th (because the pick values match up) and take OT (Thomas, Wills, Wirfs) DT (Brown, Kinlaw) or maybe a hybrid guy like Simmons. Panther isn this case get 18, where they can still get a top defender, probably the top pure LB to replace Keuchkley and they can grab another top D prospect or OL. Same could be said about a trade back up to 10 with the Browns which we could probably keep our 28 and trade them a 2nd rounder to go with 18.

Rockphin says:
    April 9, 2020 at 12:43 pm

———————————————-
    They base it on that but they have to project the mutations, which is part of the problem they arent ahead of that yet to where they have develped so they can stop the spread. They can do a dead or neutralize version of the virus now, but the problem is if you vaccinate people with that, it only will help currently for the current manifestation. It is mutating and changing so even that vaccine wont prevent you from getting it when it jumps again. Im not sure how many times its already jumped, but they have to know what the next one will be or even maybe 2 or 3 ahead of that to get a vaccine that will eventually halt the spread. Vaccines are essentially cures since they stop new people from getting it, BUT it ddoes nothing for a person who already has it.

They are treating patient that have it with the plasma of previously recovered patients. It apparently lessens the severity of the symptoms and helps aid in a fast recovery for other. Its something they just started doing a couple of weeks ago. Mayor of Miami was one of the first ones in Miami to donate his plasma after recovering, everyone he gets it snd recovers should do this to help others.

Also Mikey, the reason they dont have a vaccine or “cure” is because they dont have the data to make the projections yet. Thats what they are working on now. It might not be available before this shit has run its course, but i guess could be. Still it would help us if we saw a mew outbreak of this in the future. Its what i was saying abotu the animal to animal animal to human, etc jumps before. With that being so fast, those stages, they were not prepared for this one. They were tracking it, and planning for it, but unlike H1N1 and Bird Flu and a few others, they didn’t have the mutation data before it made it to human to human stage.

I really do hope the world responds and make China change their food practices. This is the third pandemic (again probably more just only remember these three: Corona , H1N1 and Bird Flu) to come out of there because of their really disgusting open air markets. Lack of food regulations, etc is just begging for this kind of shit.

Just because you think wild picg rectum is delicious, doesnt mean that it should be regulated to ensure it comes from a “clean” source, well as clean as a rectum could be.

D — we’ll see if they can change what China does. Maybe this one is big enough. Pretty much the whole world has been trying for decades to get them off their traditional medicine stuff. When we were in South Africa man did our park guides hate the Chinese. They weren’t there, but they paid the poachers these folks had to fight day-by-day. A lot of species of Rhino are close to extinction.

I thought working from home would be fun. It SUCKS! Everything is harder to do. And we now have this IM app so we can communicate without calling or emailing—I’ve got a love/hate opinion of that. Can be really annoying.

How is everyone? 😘

April 9, 2020 at 1:55 pm

What you talking about Willis? I won’t narc him out but someone on here has 40 gallons sitting in their garage. 😉 LOL

Whoever it is must really love milk. Not like you can freeze the stuff.

I just learned that you CAN in fact freeze the stuff. I had to google it after my coworker told me you could.

(It was a joke on here last week about hoarding milk refrigerated in the garage. I would out the person but I don’t remember who said it. Only that I laughed my ass off at the irony of hoarding a perishable)

Working from home this much sucks cow dung

I wouldn’t my implementing it a few days a week though going forward

Herd you are 110% correct. This freaking dining room chair was not designed to sit in for 6-7 hours a day! The table isn’t the right height, the lighting is awful and that friggen cob web in the corner of the stairs (that has been there for weeks) is mind bendingly distracting!

Boss called me today to tell me that they have processed the loan request which is the good news. The bad news is I have to take a pay cut and do more. (How am I not surprised) People around the country are going to get paid to stay at home, but ME who has never stopped working will be taking a pay cut of 20% “at least until June”

Oh well. I still am over paid. 😉

Hey Herd – Good to see you! I’m temporarily out of work now and at first I felt useless and guilty but now I’m just like there’s nothing I can do about it, and I’m kind of enjoying having my whole family home and together. Gotta look at the positives, and that’s definitely one of them.

107. TryPod says:

I telework 2 days a week when there’s no pandemic in play, but I agree- this 5 days a week thing is not all it’s cracked up to be. I arrive at the office in what I slept in, my commute is much shorter, don’t have to pay for parking, lunch is easily taken care of, but I feel like work harder now than I do when I am at the office.

I would highly recommend for anyone interested in getting accurate information that you read up for yourselves, and not just take what I or anyone else on here says as correct.

There are white papers, research papers, and articles written more for the layman that accurately detail where we are, how the virus likely started, why it will take so long to get a vaccine out, etc. I’ve included some links for each of these that debunk continuing inaccuracies.

As an example, the absolute number one thing keeping a vaccine from being put out right now, is that it just takes time to run clinical trails. Putting a vaccine out that we don’t know how it affects all genetic makeups, and all the possible side affects could potentially be far worse than a year without the vaccine. Imagine a vaccine that all but kills any individuals with a certain RNA strand, and 2% of the population have that genetic makeup.

These kinds of vaccines often take a decade for full trials and testing. A lot of money and effort is going into accelerating that process, but it still takes time. They currently have some trials going with vaccines that may be effective, but you can’t just start giving that to hundreds of thousands of people. The 1st article I link shows a number of different vaccines and the stages of those trials (it’s a bit clinical). The 2nd article is more layman.

Milk has not been a problem for me for about 2 weeks now, Bread is making its comback, wasnt fully back a week or so ago, but its pretty much back now. TP still at a shortage lol, again, still not getting that, but hey whatevs.

Rockphin says:
    April 9, 2020 at 4:21 pm

Oh well. I still am over paid. 😉
    ——————————————————————–
    Yeah you are, i mean how much should someone get to sit on their computer all day ab blog about the dolphins……..oh wait a minute……

I like it, im more productive at home, im actually getting to a lot of stuff i otherwise wouldnt just because i dont have someone stop me ever 5 minutes to ask me some dumbass question that they then pretend like they knew the answer to already lol. We were already doin 2 days a week as well. I have a feeling though the uppers are going to open it to every day in the wake of having to do it and we aren’t overly affected by it. I haven’t seen the numbers but productivity probably is up, i know my numbers look better. If we stick with it, im good with that.

Rock, They sell these things called office chairs and desks, check into it.

We pretty much can find everything right now. Some of the notable exceptions are TP and flour. Also yeast. It’s kind of annoying to me, because I have a non-yeasted naan that I CAN make, but I much prefer my yeasted naan recipe.

It’s the little things like that, that are starting to wear on me, but if this is the worst me and mine have to experience, we should be thankful, lol.

Shouldn’t the schedule be coming out soon?
    It’s usually right before the draft.Maybe they’re holding off to see what happens.

This is probably how we can get a QB and a OT!
    Traded up from 18 for OT.
    Traded back from 26 to get the 2nd round pick back!
    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 14 (T.B.): Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (A)
    Round 1 Pick 30 (G.B.): D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 7: Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 30 (G.B.): Nick Harris, OG/C, Washington (A)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah (A)
    Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Charlie Heck, OT, North Carolina (A+)

I bought my first post-apocalypse package of toilet paper today. I was rolling my cart past the “empty aisle” and stopped dead. There, all by it’s lonesome was one 6 pack of “Quilted Northern Plus”. I looked around like I was looking for the hidden camera. Was I being punked? Walked over and examined it like “Hmmmm, what is wrong with it? It’s the only package and there are plenty of people in the store.”

I put it in my cart and kept shopping and a lady walking by said, oh, damn! they have toilet paper!? I was like no, they are out. She looked at me strange and pointedly looked at the package in my cart with a “I can see it in your car asshole” expression on her face.

Last one, sorry.

SOS, touchy subject with me. I had a beautiful mahogany office set up and nice office chair but then moved from a 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom because that’s what the x wanted to do. Her X father-in-law has a really nice office set up now…..

I work from home most of the time. But now my wife is also working from home. We can’t work in the same office.

Try this mathematical film test. It’s pretty amazing. Mine turned out to be “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” I was surprised how this worked.
    This test will predict which of the 18 films listed below is your favorite. Don’t ask me how, but it really works!
    Don’t cheat and look at the film list till you have done the maths!
    Here goes…

Film Test:
    Pick a number from 1-9.
    Multiply by 3.
    Add 3.
    Multiply by 3 again.
    Now add the two digits together to find your predicted favourite film in the list of 18 films below.

Film List:
    13. Pirates of the Caribbean
    14. Titanic
    15. Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    16. Home Alone
    17. Mrs. Doubt-fire
    18. Toy Story”

That’s pretty funny Pig. cancelling equations will get you the same answer no matter where you start, but this is a good version.

I thought all naan was unleavened. I must not have had the other. I love naan though.

It could be different with traditional naan using a tandoori, but all the recipes I’ve found either use yeast or another rising agent such as baking powder/soda. The yeasted version is the closest I’ve been able to get to restaurant style, so that is the one I use.

It may be the one I eat has yeast too but I thought was unleavened. It should technically have a sweeter taste if it’s leavened. I have never made it myself so maybe I have been deceived

I accidentally o restocked before any of this shit started happening, a mix up on my Amazon revolving order. So I’m sitting on 70 extra large rolls of the lotion imbued cottonelle plus. I’ve lost sleep at night worrying when the hordes my come for it

Yeah I saw that about Chris Johnson, Kong. That’s fucking crazy. How do become so rich and so famous and then get involved with shit like that. Fucking do something with your life, you have been blessed more than most, why piss that away.

Wyoming that’s a lot of moving around in the first but it’s not out of bounds on possible

Btw if there is no hand sanitizer where you are, aloe vera and rubbing alcohol. I have seen plenty of both where people are asking when they are gonna get some it. One of the things I haven’t understood about this shit. Bread runs out but the sliced french bread in the bakery is fully stocked. I mean wtf, bread is bread when you are desperate. Milk is out but they have tons of half and half, fucking add water make 2%. 90% of the population would fucking die if they had to make do, fucking starve with grocery stores full of other foods except the ones everyone is hoarding

You know during normal times when you’re in the store and people are oblivious to their surrounding like they’re the only ones there? It’s them. LOL

Anybody heard from ER?

D,
    I love naan too. It’s great with so many things. I’ve only recently started learning Indian cooking and it’s been hard to find good traditional resources online. I’ve got a great chicken curry though, and my chicken makhani isn’t bad (still a work in progress). My naan is pretty darn good, but I can’t get my pakora to turn out right and now I can’t find chickpea flour to make it. Why the heck are people buying out chickpea flour? I bet most the people that have bought it out have never used it in their lives, lol.

Trent Dilfer stated Tua has a better arm than Rodgers and Marino…so there is that, lol.

Sonny – I saw somewhere the schedule will be out sometime in May. They definitely want to do it after the draft to help them schedule prime time matchups. I can’t wait for both the draft and the schedule to come out. I’m so psyched for this season

We haven’t had any trouble acquiring TP lately, and eggs and milk have been relatively plentiful. Paper Towels on the other hand has been impossible to find anywhere. It’s so strange. I guess it’s because people are constantly wiping down surfaces. Any of you having trouble getting paper towels?

I haven’t really had trouble getting anything

But I can get it delivered – in queens there are no delivery times available everywhere you go

I have to put on a mask and walk to the grocery store

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly Joy of Anal Fisting

I reposted Piggy’s film test on Facebook but replaced it with ‘Sex With Goats’ because I thought anal fisting was too obscene.

Phelon – I have not seen or heard from ER. Has anyone else spoken to him?

😉

I definitely think Jordan Love is on our radar as a QB prospect to compete with Josh Rosen as the understudy while Fitz holds the fort for a year.

That would be horrific

I don’t think so. This does not have to be the year to get our franchise QB. There’s questions about all of them. We have so many ways we can go.

What if we just hold tight and make Phase II a massive competitive situation. This virus might change how teams think about things too.

You only get some many opportunities to be in position to draft a franchise QB and hopefully next year we will not be. We cannot pass up the opportunity we have now for a half assed measures like getting a subpar prospect like Love will make go green and not in a good way

big Disney eyes but still fucking bizarre rectangular pupils

Ken, who’s the franchise QB this year will no red flags?

5: R1P5
    246: R7P32
    CB JAVELIN GUIDRY
    UTAH
    251: R7P37
    WR AARON FULLER
    WASHINGTON

Strengths: Wills has great size at 6’4”, 312 pounds and he’s a terrific athlete. Wills ran a 5.05 40-time at the NFL combine and had a broad jump of 113 inches. Wills moves well in space, has loose hips and terrific footwork that allows him to make clean blocks in space.

Not sure what planet this guy was evaluating from, but Wills is not a good athletic, doesn’t have good footwork, has poor technique…he pushes smaller guys out of his way, when he can get in front of them, that screams move me to guard.

I only need to watch 1 play from Andree Thomas, he’s the best OT in this draft. Mekhi is so big you can work with him, but he has poor technique like the rest of them. This is not a good OT class.

I think the 2nd tier guys are better. Austin Jackson USC, Josh Jones Houston and Isaiah Wilson I like.

We are going to add good players in the draft. Why are some peeps so worried?

I’m not worried, just wondering why so many are pining for players that have no business being 1st rounders.

OMG… we have 5, 18, 26, 39, 56, 70 etc. and we still freak out! LOL

LOL, are you ok, Tim? Which peeps are worried and freaking out?

I saw Piggy posted a draft which had us picking Tua and Ken thinks Love is a shitty prospect and wants a QB this draft. But I don’t think we need to call in the National Guard or anything, LOL.

You can’t trade up, this guy or that guy is not the real deal etc. LOL

I have to say it’s pretty fuckin funny! 😉

We’ve had how many simulated drafts for like 3 months? They don’t count now?

This really is a draft where anything might happen for us. We might trade a bunch of capital to move up for Burrow, stand pat and fill out the roster with our 5 picks in the 1st 2 rds, or anything in-between.

I don’t put the time and effort into player evaluation that some on here do, so I don’t have an opinion on the talents of the respective QBs, but I know I don’t want Tua because of injury concerns. I also am not keen on trading all of this year’s 1sts and next year’s extra 1st to move up for Burrow. The odds just aren’t in our favor for that move. I’d rather keep our picks and fill out the roster.

But if we do move up for Burrow, it’ll be just as exciting to me as if we don’t. The truth is we should be in a position where we can’t fail. If we trust this FO with their intent and ability, then whichever way they go, we should see success. You can build a successful team both ways and IMO it’s always going to be about the people picking the players and the coach installing a system that will give you continuing success.

So if we believe in Flores, and if Grier is the right guy at GM, then we should be in a great position no matter what we do.

We have no choice, this is who it is.

I’m talking ideologically as a fan. It should go without saying that what we want individually won’t affect the outcome of this draft or the abilities of the players we pick, etc.

My newest draft. How’s everyone like it?

Trade up to 1: R1 P1: using R1 P5, R1 P18, R1 P26, R2 P39, R2 P56, R3 P70
    QB Joe Burrow

R4 P141- R7 P 251
    Filler for the next GM

steveccnv says:
    April 9, 2020 at 10:04 pm

————————————————
    Its Thomas and then there is a drop off, even to Wirfs, which im also not a big fan of. I actually like Josh Jones after Thomas, he seems to have all the traits ya want in an OT, its actually shocking to me the people haven’t been talking him up more.

How about this. Lets say they do have Herbert and Tua on equal comparisons for us as our QB. Stay at 5, take our pick or if ones is off the board take the other. Trade 18, and 26, maybe even our 2nd 2nd if we gotta sweeten the deal, with Carolina to move up to 7 grab Thomas, With our first second we grab a RB or S and in the 3rd we get Wilson or Kindley.

150. Krishna says:

Facts always get in the way, but I’ll try. Testing, testing!

As CK mentioned above there are plenty of sources to find the truth and usually you need to corroborate stories to get the full story.

Viruses are nothing more than genomes (strands of RNA, pieces of genetic material) that fuck with people.

The original COVID virus, related to SARs, came from China. The genetic material of the virus incorporates some of its host’s genetic material as it mutates/replicates. This is why you are able to trace “origins.”

Thus, WA and CA seemed to be infected by COVID from China. NYC and eastern cities from Europe, Italy and Spain.

There was NO ban (theory/bluster) to China, IMO, when 40,000 more travelers from China still came in since “ban”. WTF? And, certainly no ban from Europe until too late. So let’s just be factual. The “travel ban” has not saved us. USA is epicenter of the world now.

Testing, testing….still not even close to where it should be and needs to be to open the country without backslide. Otherwise, we will not only lose our spring, we may lose our autumn, too.

151. Krishna says:

Would love to see the Dolphins this year, to see what Grier and co have done.

Draft is going to be surreal.

152. Krishna says:

This country, the people for the most part, participating in this serious social distancing experiment, should be getting a lot of credit.

There will always be assholes among 320 million people.

If we can only test and trace to increase the chance of success of “coming out” this nightmare sooner rather than later.

I don’t know where you live, but people here in Vegas are fuckin assholes, when it comes to social distancing. U can’t believe we don’t have more cases here.

At Trader Joe’s, Walmart and Costco there’s lines to get in, but mostly the people bunch up in line or when there’s tape on the ground to distance people the idiots from the store walk on top of you.

Inside it’s worse, people still do as usual and park their cars in the middle of the aisles, walk right up next to you, and just crowd in general.

My neighbors still have friends over on a weekly basis. Guy across the street has more people at his house now, than he did before.

Where I am in Queens – people have been generally good imo
        Of course I don’t know bc I’m locked up all day
        But i get the sense people take it seriously here

😉

Mike, I’m going to post a a new blog today….okay?

Trade down partner, if Okudah is still there at 5.

The Vikings lost cornerbacks Trae Waynes and Mackensie Alexander in free agency while also parting with cornerback Xavier Rhodes. It’s safe to say they could use some fresh cornerback depth.

Not saying we should, but I’d entertain the thought of getting some more early picks, then moving back up into the 10-12 range and taking an OT.

Our pick is worth 1700, Minn. puck 22 is worth 780, so they’d likely have to include next years 1st and a 2nd this year.

It’s kind of far to drop, but 26 and 39 would get us to 12, or maybe we just move up to 12.

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 5: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 18: Josh Jones, OT, Houston (B+)
    Round 1 Pick 26: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE/OLB, Penn St. (A)
    Round 2 Pick 7: Grant Delpit, FS/SS, LSU (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 24: D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 6: Matt Hennessy, C/OG, Temple (A)
    Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 7: Charlie Heck, OT, North Carolina (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 27: Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 6: Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 13: Tyler Clark, DT, Georgia (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 32: Kendrick Rogers, WR, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 37 (COMP): Jared Mayden, FS, Alabama (A+)

Recently watched Delpit against Alabama, and didn’t like what I saw. He seems to shy away from contact, and when he does tackle he doesn’t seem to wrap up, so tackling isn’t a strength. In coverage he seems to be Ok, keeps himself in the right position, but didn’t see enough to get much of a read on him.

What do you guys like about him?

Length and Speed!
      Has BallHawk tendencies!

Not saying he’s Deon! But Deon wasn’t much for sticking his nose in there either! 😉

The highlights look great. He seems like a QB bully, doesn’t mind getting dirty to hit them, but RBs and WRs…

I mean i see pretty much what you do, but he has elite level traits in the coverage department, and i kind of like Wyoming’s comparison to Deion, because he does have some of Deion’s coverage traits along with Deions non-commit to not stick his nose in there. To me though, we are wierd in the fact that we have grown accustomed to our S being one of the tackle leaders on our team and we need to break that tradition, we shouldnt have to have a S thats stout at tackling lol, we need a guy who covers better, can run with a TE and RB in coverage, someone who keeps the top from being taken off of the secondary. Im not worried about tackling traits nearly as much as i am coverage, so he fits what i like better than say McKinney who is kinda the mirror opposite.

They call the position safety for a reason, last line of defense. I guess he’s an FS then.

But yeah I’m kind of with you in that I like the cover safeties better, especially since you can’t really pop a receiver any longer.

It’s the lesser of 2 evils, the S that can’t tackle vs the S that can’t cover. One can herd them out of bounds, but the other can’t keep up with them so his tackling skills don’t come into play often enough.

Trust me if we were still in the John Lynch, Steve Atwater days, id be all over a clean your clock Safety.

Receivers just gave up on passes running throuogh their zone, their pass defense was pure unadulterated fear.

Speaking of assholes, I was at the checkout at like a little general store so i didn’t have to deal with the crowds of assholes at Walmart, and this dumb-ass woman comes up and practically leans over me at the register to ask the cashier if they had any hand sanitizer. They also have the floors marked off at 6ft spaces, they also have plenty of area where she could have asked them and not leaned over me in the line. Thats one of the U75’s right there Steve lol. Im glad i am in control of my inner demon (well for the most part) or i would have seen if i could social distance her across the room.

Fuck, i have been trending this thing for over a week now and today the numbers went back up again, we have finally got under 1K new confirmed cases per hour rate, and now we are back over , at 1.5 per hour again.

Piggy – Yeah man, go ahead!

I just did a big shopping with my wife, the line to get into the supermarket was over 40 minutes because they’re staggering groups of people in order to not overcrowd. At least we were able to get just about everything including paper towels for the first since this whole thing started.

Krishna – Do you want to test for assholes? That would probably help the overall picture if we could separate them for the rest of us. 😀

Most wont like that test, and the ones that do, will really like it and you wont. Still you have the magic hand, so…..might make new friends.

We could put them in a colony, for example i say wall off Utah and put them there. You think of that sounds really bad, i mean they are assholes, who is going to come to their defense.

I don’t think drg would appreciate that. He probably has enough a-holes there already, but more likely less than in Joisey.

We will just let the Mormons have them, what better punishment for being an asshole than to have them live in a place where they visit them daily to speak about the Mormon faith. Win win, either join the Mormon or suffer, Mormons get more numbers to populate their Utopia’s.

New blog up