Dolphins defense – Whole is better than the sum of its parts

There will be quite a few new faces added to this defense, some coming via free agency and some through the draft. This is going to be a young defense, especially the front 7. The oldest guy on the front 7 is LB Kyle Van Noy at 29 years old and the youngest is LB Jerome Baker at 23. Even the depth is young with players like Emmanuel Ogbah, Andrew Van Ginkle, Vince Biegel, Elandon Roberts along with rookies Raekwon Davis, Curtis Weaver and Jason Strowbridge. When you have a young defense, especially in a season with limited practices and no preseason games, there are going to be mistakes. Even veterans like Van Noy and Lawson will be playing aside so many new faces that there will be little if any familiarity with their teammates. Every team will be in this situation but I think the Dolphins have added more new players to their roster compared to most likely every other NFL roster.

What this means fellow Dolphins fans is we’re going to have to be patient. Keep in mind, this is year 1 of the rebuild. Last year we tore it down, and tore it down good. This was the first free agency period followed by the first draft. I think we did extremely well on both counts. Our secondary may be one of the best in the NFL and any added pressure we might generate from our front 7 will complement the shutdown potential of that secondary. If we don’t get a better pass rush and create more pressure and sacks a good secondary can only hold up for so long, especially against teams with better QB’s. The Patriots took a huge step backwards with Cam Newton, The Jets stand pat with young Sam Darnold as the Bills do the same with Josh Allen. Besides the downgrade at QB for the Patriots, the amount of players opting out for the 2020 season is now at 7, and there are some quality players in that 7.

I’m actually starting to feel a little less sure that a 2020 season is actually going to happen. The fact that so many Patriots players are opting out makes me nervous. Sure, maybe they’re trying to get a better pick in the 2021 draft or maybe they know something due to relationships with Goodell. Not starting a conspiracy theory here but you have to find it odd that one team has so many more that any other. In any case, if the season does proceed it will help us that the team that has taken the division 11 years in a row has not only lost their future HOF QB but has already lost 7 players to the opt out clause. The Bills should be the favorite probably followed by the Jets because of continuity with their young QB who showed improvement the 2nd half of 2019. We should be in the mix as a young upstart team as well, I’m not discounting us. If somehow our O-line can play like an average NFL teams and our pass rush can improve we could be right in that race. Then if at some point we start Tua Tagovailoa and he plays as well as he did at Alabama, well . . .

GO DOLPHINS!!!

#staythecourse

456 Responses to Dolphins defense – Whole is better than the sum of its parts

Oi!! First!

So, How a out them Dolphins, huh?

GODDAMIT
      So, How about those Dolphins, Huh?

I hate my phone. It sneak attacks me with incorrections

Mike, Your choice for article was good too.

Mike E — real good write. And the D looks like it is ahead of the O. Who can ignore what we have in the back? Part I’m still not sure of is the scheme….. that front 7 is not a typical one. Think a lot of game planning will be involved. But then Flores did go to Evil Genius U.

JETS FINISHING second in the AFC East??– ONLY IF two of the four teams in this division totally opt out!!!!!!!
    —————————–
    TODAY IS HOCKEY LOVERS HEAVEN AS FOUR, COUNT ‘EM, FOUR STANLEY CUP PLAYOFF GAMES ARE TELEVISED back here in the United States!! I’ve got to, grudgingly, give a big tip of my hat to Canada for providing a working venue for these playoffs. The NHL just recently completed over 4800 Covid Virus tests and every one of them came back NEGATIVE!!!
    —————————-
    TOO BAD THE NFL can’t consider CANADA as a possible alternative site for part (or ALL) of the NFL season.

NHL made the smart move by bubbling in Canada. Where Covid is not. Guess won’t happen but was thinking why not the NFL season in Europe? Sounds like at most will be limited fans in the stadiums here.

YOUNG STANGER: Many Euro nations might not want virus infected Americans who won’t wear masks running loose in their countries.
        ————–
        NICE WRITE, MIKE E.!!–Remember my prediction on the Jests!!

OD — they very well might not, but then a lot of Americans are playing NHL games in Canada right now. And Canada has a ban/quarantine requirement as well. But probably too late for that plan.

Does anyone know what happens if the NFL season starts but then stops as far as the 2021 draft order? If less than say half a season would hope they reset to the 2020 draft order.

That would be my guess. Only fair way to do it

• bailbondmike says:

Would be interesting. If it happened, I think I draft Patrick Surtain II and then WR Waddle or WR Moore. Looking like we possibly need a preplacement for X. Surtain II was said to be very similar to CB Byron Jones who we signed this off season.

Stanger – The 2021 draft is going to be fucked as it is w/o a 2020 CFB season, which looks likely at this point.

MIKE E; A local Mets fan here in Tampa Bay is already complaining that, when the Marlins’ team does return to play, they will have an unfair advantage because they are already used to playing in near-empty or EMPTY stadiums!!! They’ve been doing that for most of the last 3-4 seasons!!

• bailbondmike says:

That’s why I was thinking about 2 guys on their way up. Hell, I would take 3 Bama players right off the bat. CB Surtain II, WR Waddle, then OT/OG Leatherwood in top of 2nd.

7. bailbondmike says:

I was just talking to this guy in jail. 5K bond. Was trying my best to work it for me. Then he started getting on my nerves. Then I caught him in a lie and he started to piss me off. For some reason, I remembered Orob’s joke earlier. So I said, “Dude…..dude, I’m reclaiming my time!” Then I hung up on him. LOL

BBM — some people you talk too can be difficult. Once had to help bail a friend out (for the third time). His family was all over me to help (phone ringing off the hook). Talked to someone like you and set up they could sign on their house (that they didn’t expect). All of a sudden they were nowhere to be seen. Think the plan all along was for me too do it, which I did. 8K was a lot to me though days…… but dude to his credit did pay back.

8. bailbondmike says:

Yeah, deal with difficult people everyday.

We are strictly cash/credit card to pay the bond premium which is a minimum of $100 per charge then when the bond on a charge goes over $1000 it becomes 10% of the bond. Normally, we require no collateral. Cosigners sign a promissory note and indemnity agreement to pay the full amount of the bond if the person skips and we can’t find them within 60 days. On most tourists we require partial or full cash collateral. Reason being is they are mostly misdemeanor offenses and Florida won’t extradite people back to FL with misd. offenses. Then we end up having to pay for extradition. When the case is over they get 100% of it back. On large bonds, usually over 50K we may require a home owner cosign on the bond and do a mortgage deed agreement on their property.

Full bond amount on the one was talking about was more than 50K (divorce situation with multiple and mostly bogus felony charges brought). Kicker on it was my buddy calling saying on the phone that once he is out of jail he is out of the state. But yeah he was way stressed. For sure wasn’t trying to play me….. cause last thing wanted to hear before put money down.

Brandon Jones is going to be #29. Small shoes to fill, considering Minkah Fitzfuckface last wore that number . . .

10. bailbondmike says:

Working on a 25K right now. A father who is charged with kidnapping(5K) and sexual assault(20K) on his 17 yo daughter. Talked to the guys wife. The father didn’t want her going out with this POS so he blocked her from leaving the house. He forced her back to her room and told her if she left she would find all her shit by the curb. She called the police on her cell phone and told the police that her father was drunk and grabbed her boob and forced her into her bedroom. Next thing they knew their were 7 sheriff SUV’s with 9 deputies and 2 K-9 there to arrest him. The wife explained everything to them but they told her by law they have to charge him and take him in.

Sounds like that daughter is going to have to find a new place to sleep. But maybe that is what she wanted all along…. for now at least.

Good write, Mike! I think one of the reasons so many Pats players have opted out is they have experienced a lot of success already and maybe they just feel it’s not worth it this year. They may also realize they’re headed for a rebuild and want no part of that.

12. bailbondmike says:

Thank you government for the COVID relief. We wrote over 1.1 million dollars in bonds for the month of July (6.9 mil for the year so far). We really haven’t felt an impact from COVID at all. Only impact is in the way we do business.

14. bailbondmike says:

Lions QB Matthew Stafford placed on reserve/COVID-19 list

We draft a LS in RD 6 and pick up another one? I know he’s on COVID-reserve, but he should be back pretty quickly, no?

I still occasionally have nightmares of being in an elevator and having the doors open and Denney being there saying “Hey, You are the Rockphin guy aren’t you as he looks both ways….

Tim, not the Patriots. I’m saying maybe these players that opted out on the Patriots heard something that made them feel that the season isn’t going to happen. It’s probably not the case but you never know

RIP Wilford Brimley

Damn! RIP Wilford Brimley. Good character actor. He usually played the good guy grandpa type but he was pretty damn good in The Firm playing the bad guy. Loved him as Pop Fisher in The Natural

22. Krishna says:

Nice take, Mike E.

I’ve always thought it starts with the D. And, like you stated you need good cover guys and pressure on the QB. One favorable area does not make up for other areas with glaring weaknesses.

3 and out are killers for most teams.

Wonder if they are also putting this tech in the visitors’ locker room areas. Sorta of thinking not.
    ———————————–
    The Dolphins recently became the first franchise in football to install a series of futuristic devices throughout their team headquarters designed to wipe out the coronavirus before it lands on a surface or ends up in their players’ lungs. And they are using one of the safest — and most natural — disinfectants on the planet: ultraviolet rays.

Over the coming weeks and months, a company called Healthe Lighting — which includes Dolphins owner Stephen Ross among its investors — will retrofit the team’s facility with a series of UVC lights and filters that can eliminate virtually all of the coronavirus in the environment.

So they’ll just put it in our locker room? And want our opponents to get it? And give it to our players?

You may want to rethink that logic🤔

The title for the Herald’s article say for Dolphins and opponents.

Didn’t read the Herald’s article….. that came from another one. Have no clue whether doing the same in the locker room….. but found the the thought of that funny. Like the home bench in the sun and the other not.

Watching INSA Sportscar live on NBC in the rain. These cars are sliding, left and right, off the road into the tire barrier.

Steve – Even if our locker rooms (both Home and Away) disinfect for COVID-19, that doesn’t mean visiting teams aren’t bringing it anyway. Every team would have to have it in their locker rooms but even then, players are still going to go out and be at risk getting COVID regardless.

Don’t you think our opponents will be tested before entering our stadium?

The point was, what kind of advantage could we possibly get by not providing our opponents the same covid protection, when they’ll have contact with our team?

I would think we’d want our opponents to be covid free.

Cespedes! 10 games into the season and we already have Cespedes drama . . .

This will all end in tears, I just know it.

29. Krishna says:

Congratulations to SpaceX! Awesome!

Cespedes has decided to opt out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns.

They found him!
    Hiding under the bed! 😉

Watching Flyer/Bruins. It’s bizarre watching a game with no fans, just tarpaulins, but I am enjoying the game.

Production budget wasn’t big enough for the fake fans?

I guess not. They are cutting to fan feeds on scores, so they are keeping fans involved. And I guess since they are playing game after game in the same facility, they didn’t like the cardboard cutout option.

It doesn’t impact my enjoyment of the game, but it is different.

Was poking at the fake fans anyhow. Of all the major sports seems the NHL figured out how to do it. Bubble is smart…. Bubble in Canada even smarter.

Same here. Go Flyers!

Flyers go up 4-1. I’d say that’s game over.

The Flyers look faster and are winning battles to the puck.

I was just writing about how good the Flyers look. They are playing at a different speed. Boston looks rusty.

The Flyers were coming on strong when the season stopped. They are a very fast, skilled and deep team. They don’t rely on just a handful of players, they all chip in.

36. bailbondmike says:

I wish I was offshore fishing instead of at work. Would have been cool to see that capsule come down from afar. Don’t think it was to many miles out when it came down.

Gase likes sprinkles on his ice cream and Winters doesn’t. It was only a matter of time till Gase forced him out…

“We condemn the Hong Kong government’s decision to postpone for one year its Legislative Council elections. This effort undermines the democratic processes and freedoms that have underpinned Hong Kong’s prosperity.”
    — Kayleigh McEnany….. did she get the irony or just not care?

140,181 American troops died in World War I, Korea, Vietnam and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. 150k and counting from Covid.

Faucy said it would be 2,2 million in February!

I guess Trump beat that number???

Fauci said millions of cases not deaths

I dont know about predictions in February, but his late March prediction for deaths was between 100k and 200k and that was total deaths

I honestly don’t think this virus, even if it is completely mishandled, won’t get more out of hand than it is. I think we might be seeing the worst of it now

But we don’t know how long the worst of it lasts

CDC is predicting some where between 160k and 180k deaths by the end of August

So, it’s my guess, that’s the kind of numbers we continue to see every month, until we start to recover

It would have to go on a really long time to hit 1 million deaths, I don’t think that will happen

I most certainly hate to use the NYT’s but the 2.2 was definitely out there!
    That was the death rate for ignoring the virus!

2.2 million was out there as what could happen if the virus went unchecked. Not sure if that is a benchmark for doing good though. I compare to all the other countries that got it under control. Only one nearly as bad as us is Brazil. Take South Korea. They have 50 million people and 500 deaths. Like the US having 4,000 deaths instead of 150k.

Kayleigh McEnany….. did she get the irony or just not care?

She would look right in the camera and say that there is no irony there at all and that there is no parallel

Amazing finish in the Blues/ Avalanche. Avalanche score with 1 trillionth of a second left to win 2-1.

The goal was literally as close as is possible before the buzzer. It took 5 minutes of review for the refs to call it.

Aren’t they just playing to stay sharp?

The top 4 teams are playing to seed slots 1-4 but are guaranteed to move on to rd 2, so in the sense I think you’re meaning, yeah it does mean these games are more about getting or staying sharp. And I’ll tell you the Blues need it right now. We were sloppy in the exhibition and sloppy as hell tonight.

It was great watching some hockey again. I refuse to watch the NBA anymore, and MLB gets old fast, but NHL will keep me going until the NFL season starts.

wind sprints????

Cav, what’s your issue with the NBA? I’m just about done too.

As a team, the Dolphins finished out the 2019 campaign on a high note with three wins in December. Jesse Davis’ strong performance helped the Miami offense score 28.6 points per game during the final month. Davis, according to Pro Football Focus, did not allow a sack over that span. He was penalized only once, and only three times out of 111 pass blocking reps did Davis’ man hit the quarterback.

Does this change anyone’s mind on who should start week 1 at RT? Unless Hunt looks much better in camp, which I don’t see happening. I’d bring Hunt along slow and work him at RG.

CavalierKong says:
    August 2, 2020 at 12:55 am

RIP Wilford Brimley
    ___________________________________
    Ill always think “Cocoon” when i think about him.RIP

D – Did you see my response to your cigar post the other day?

Yeah man, sorry to lose you as an aficionado and buddy to talk cigars with, but i can understand your reluctance if its starting to affect your health. I think dehydration is probably the culprit, i know i need to hydrate pretty much before and after a good long smoke. I mix it up on what i drink when im smoking a cigar, sometimes its a bourbon or some other whiskey, but a lot of time its just water, or maybe a beer. Seems that sours go really well with cigars as well. Don Pepin is a top notch cigar. The My Father line, and they have anew one his son just put out called 601 cigars that are all pretty good. That and the Oliva’s are amazing smokes. Next time your in Miami you should stop by the Garcia’s shop in little Havana grab on straight from the rollers hands.

Steve,

Kings/Lakers 2002 game 6. Lakers get 40 free throws including 27 in the 4th quarter. Kobe elbows Bibby in the face on an attempting game tying shot at the end, no foul. Most blatantly fixed game I’ve ever seen in any sport.

My Kings are like the Lions or Browns of the NFL, it was the once in 40 years time we had the best team in the league, and we got shafted in a game we would have won easily if not for the refs. I was done after that series, and to this day I still don’t watch the NBA.

With the COVID-19 reserve list a tool for teams to cautiously move players in and out of the active roster…

Reading this Belicheat popped into my mind. Is he furious, that 7 players have opted out, or is it tank for Trevor? Anyways, the covid reserve list looks like something he could manipulate to move guys around. With the 7 guys done for the year, he may need to do some manipulation, just to field a team. See Dolphins 2019.

First padded practice 2 weeks from today. Looks like the next 2 weeks are like mock OTAs.

Gotta think that reporters are barred from camp for the duration. Maybe they do some pressers, but what are the reporters gonna have to ask questions about? Pretty much only what Flores has already told them. Omar must be hating life.

Virgin is developing a Mach 3 passenger jet (Concorde went Mach 2). Long as it has been seems about time.

I agree. I think they should also start building bigger airliners, like the good ole 747. I would imagine any of that stuff is hold on now due to what COVID is doing to the travel and airline business, both airlines and manufacturers.

Think the bigger is gonna take some new tech. Not to get it done, but cause of the fuel costs. Days of the four engine planes look like they are over, least for now. 747 is going away and the Airbus A380 two-decker is really struggling.

“Everyone’s got a backup. Everyone’s got two backups. It’s something we’ve talked about. We’re taking the same approach we take with the players. If I go down, we’re doing this. If the defensive line coach goes down, we’re doing this.”
    — Flores on how the team has a depth chart for coaches in the Covid season.

I hope the things happening in and for our locker room are enough to deter our players from opting out.

Seems a lot of fake news may be deterring some players from playing. Another reason to prove these athletes are being dupped.

How was he duped? Maybe he is just riding it easy on a fat new contract. Not sure exactly how the defer impacts him….. but his agent sure does. Union signed some kind of CBA based on the Covid season.

Glad we didn’t spend 50M for an injury prone player.

Word is he opted out, because he didn’t have enough facial hair protection😉

Now if we could get some of the posters around here to “opt out”

August 3, 2020 at 12:22 pm
    ___________________________________________

Spacex is working on earth to earth rocket travel, NY to Tokyo…37mins…

Odell Beckham doesn’t believe the NFL season should happen. He believes the owners only care about making money and don’t see the players as human.

So Beckham is opting out of the season, right? Oh wait, but if he opts out he won’t make all his money, so of course he’s not opting out. So what Odell really meant to say is the owners should just pay all the players their full salaries and cancel the season.

Of course the REAL reason he is staying (according to him) is he’s now seen just how safe all the facilities are, lol. What a bunch of horsesh&t. It’s not enough you get paid millions, now you want it without having to work for it? F%^&ing opt out already.

bailbondmike says:
    August 1, 2020 at 6:13 pm

D, his name sounds like that ambulance chaser attorney in Alabama, Alex Shunnarah. LOL
    ————————————————————————
    That guy has 4 billion billboards across the states of Alabama, Mississippi and Florida, maybe Georgia too, but its not uncommon to be driving on I-65 and see 5-6 of his billboards in a row. Have literally been at a point along the drive from Mobile to Montgomery and saw three of his signs at one spot on that road, and one that was literally the bilboard above the other one.

August 3, 2020 at 10:09 am

What was the name of the My Father that you loved though?

——————————————————
    My two favorites of their right now is “The Judge” and “La Promesa”, La Promesa is a new one from this year i think.

August 3, 2020 at 1:59 pm

———————————————–
    I think James has underlying health reasons, i remember when we drafted him he had aleopecia and some ofther primarily black disease. So his him be from legit health concerns.

Sucks, I probably won’t get to watch the Blues VS Vegas game on Thursday since some of these games are being played as early as 9 AM pst.

ocalarob says:
    August 3, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Now if we could get some of the posters around here to “opt out”
    ———————————————-
    We have notoriously had people opt out for weeks to months at a time lol. Hell, i have been one of them.

Damn i was just looking down the list (James is unspecified btw) and i saw Isaiah Prince Cincy Bengals….. i was like wait, when did we cut him. Shocking he rolled through here that fast when we used a pick on him in the draft.

Mike,
    Hopefully you two don’t share a Clinton cigar…

There’s your twist for ya, lol.

LMAO @ Kong. Certainly not a Hillary cigar. I just threw up a little in my mouth

Invasion of the tomato face snatchers…… that conspiracy theory is fact!

Speaking of noodles….. One of the funniest things i ever heard was a old lady talking about old men that hand out at diners and all meet up for breakfast and coffee (a common thing in the south) she referred to them as a club, Sgt. Soft Pecker and his limp dick club to be specific. I fucking laughed so hard when she said that lol.That lady is an absolute card though, wasnt surprising to hear that come out of her mouth but it was still funny.

There is a report members of the St Louis Cardinals organization went to a casino prior to their COVID outbreak. The Marlins did something similar right before their outbreak. WTF is wrong with these people breaking the protocol?

Hopefully NFL teams and players are paying attention. The teams getting hit are the ones not following the rules.

ocalarob says:
    August 3, 2020 at 3:57 pm
    CKs in the mail
    ——–

Rob,
    The 3 biggest lies men tell.

“I love you”
    “Check is in the mail”
    “I promise I won’t in your mouth”

I’m betting you get to use the second one a lot.

I was going to be meaner with my dig, as you can see #3 has lots of potential, but I can’t tell if you’re just playfully poking at me, or you really want to play the insult game, lol.

I’m always down to play that game…

Seems there is more close contact in football than in baseball. Just not sure how this is going to work out.
    ————————————-
    “The St. Louis Cardinals are the latest team to suffer a coronavirus outbreak, resulting in their four-game series in Detroit being postponed.

The Cardinals have had 13 members of the organization test positive for COVID-19 in the last week, including seven players and six staff members. The Club, which has been in quarantine since Thursday, will stay in Milwaukee and their personnel will continue to be tested daily. The tentative plan is for the team to resume its regular schedule on Friday against the Chicago Cubs in St. Louis.”

Rock, I was going to leave it unsaid, but I had to throw that qualifier out when I realized if he does want to play, instead of an unsaid warning shot, I left a low hanging fruit for him to turn on me.

Not a sound tactical move, so I had to close that opening, which unintentionally left a low-hanging fruit for you instead, lol.

at a certain age, everyone’s fruit will start to hang lower…..At least that’s what I’ve heard. 😉

The Dolphins claimed cornerback Picasso Nelson Jr. off the waiver wire, adding the former Southern Mississippi starter to its 80-player training camp roster.

Nelson, who recorded 202 tackles, (120 solo), five interceptions and forced one fumble in the 50 college games he played, spent past of last season on Indianapolis’ practice squad before being released last week.

Their balls trombone when they fart in their sleep.

Btw, I took it upon myself to amend the list of the “3 greatest lies” to add a fourth lie.

4. Open here, tear here, pull here or just about any package opening instructions. Simply stated as Open here is plenty.

[video src="https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-01-2016/8Z15Jf.mp4" /]

D, yeah Isaiah Prince was cut last year.

Cav, I don’t think Mike E is appreciably older than a lot of us and he looks younger than most of us (not me,of course) who show up for the Fests, but it is part of the schtik of this place.

I forget how it started….Mike E, give me a hand here…

90. Krishna says:

CavalierKong says:
    August 3, 2020 at 6:20 pm
    If we get nothing else accomplished this season, I hope we at least get our online settled.

I’d be happy with 3 of 5 settled vs 0 – 1 last year.

• Krishna says:

Actually, is there anyone from last year? It’s all a haze.

Jesse Davis and Michael Deiter are probably the only remaining OL from last year that are possible starters this year. I’m not sure Danny Isidora, Shaq Calhoun or Julién Davenport are.

I think it may actually be impossible to be worse than last year, so it shouldn’t take much to see improvement.

D – Is that how the NFL is going to handle it? If you decide during the season that you want to opt out, you can’t? That’s surprising . . .

Of course you can opt out at any time. What they’re talking about is for the deal they have with the players union, where you get 300K, if you have under lying issues, 150K…

Come on man! We’ve been talking about this the past 2 weeks, sheesh.

Also, if you or a family member get it, there will be some special circumstances to opt out later. The deadline is for bubble players mostly, so after having no chance to make the roster they could take the cush 150K.

93. Krishna says:

“It is what it is.”

The state of the media. If more senior editors and producers continue to quit and speak out against the cable networks, journalism might yet survive. Unlikely, but it could happen.

The content of this isn’t news, as we’ve know for 5 years what was going on. What is news is a former insider admitting it.

97. Krishna says:

Looks like Texas doesn’t provide a choice. Show up and vote. Bring your mask.

Does anyone else feel a little uncomfortable watching another mans hips? 🤔

100. Krishna says:

You mean “application for a ballot by mail” as stated on the Texas SOS website.

It seems that there are 2 main reasons for the mail in ballots. one is senior citizens who may be unable to get out to the polls and the other one is for kids who are too fucking lazy to go out and vote because they don’t give a shit and it’s easy enough to just fill out a ballot and mail it. The mail in ballot has existed for handicapped people and ill people but the reasons the dems are pushing so hard for it now is because the 2 reasons I listed above.

Soooooo, Utah votes 100% by mail and has done so for a long time. Should we throw out the entire state because all the results are obviously fraudulent? How about Colorado which also has 100% vote by mail?

Yeah we’ve allowed voting by mail for like a century now

But Trump thinks everything is a conspiracy against him
      So now something as mundane as vote but mail is the new conservative lightning rod for something that should never happen

Not for their voting habits! 😉

Voting rules have always been left up to the states

If Texas wants to limit mail in voting to the elderly and disabled, Texas can do that

I think it’s stupid in light of the pandemic

It’s also pretty inconsistent with this increasing voter turnout
    And personally o value that a lot more that reckless claims of voter fraud

It’s no coincidence that the highest turnout of voters is this country is among the elderly who are permitted in most states to vote by mail and have been for a century

We have the one of the lowest voter turnouts in the world

And it’s been that way for the better part of 100 years

I think in democratic republic you need to take steps to make sure the representatives represent the people

60% isn’t really doing that

It would be nice to be around 75% or 80%

Imo vote by mail helps achieve that
    And IMO increasing voter turnout is a lot more important than fears of voter fraud

If we were looking at post election results where are paces were turning out more votes than our population, I would take those threats more seriously

But voter turnout is pitifully low
    The idea that their is widespread fraud or will be bc of vote by mail is hard to fathom when overall so few Americans are actually voting

No voter fraud is one of the biggest scams ever. It’s been shown on videos where the left admits it.

So if there’s no voter fraud, how do dead people vote? Why won’t the left allow them to remove dead people from the voter roll? Because they use dead people’s names and vote for them.

The reason voter turnout is low is, because Americans really aren’t into politics. Ever talk to Europeans about politics? They really know what’s going on, because it affects them more directly.

It’s actually not a real scam that affects elections
        Being on a voter roll is not the same as actually voting
        Dead people don’t vote Bc they remain on a voter roll

The voter roll controversy you are referring (from judicial watch) to is not actual votes, it’s Based on the dept of elections of each state not removing dead people from their rolls bc no one reported the death to that dept – not actual votes that have been cast

It doesn’t lead to actual votes

There’s a lot to worry about for families when a family member dies, very few people report the death to the board of elections when it happens. So if states don’t take the initiative (and they are required to and often have failed to) a deceased person stays on a roll

But taking that and making it a controversy about fraud in Actual voting is very trumpian. The whiff of a controversy that doesn’t really exist, in hopes of getting people to ignore the details

There’s very little evidence of actual voter fraud
        Calling a out voter roll that wasn’t updated after a death bc beurocracy is predictly beurocratic is not evidence of fraud

OMG, that isn’t even close.

There’s plenty of evidence of votes being cast for dead people, and when Republicans tried to purge dead people from the voter rolls the dems had a fit.

You want to reward the lazy? 😉

Piggy – there is no conspiracy, it is however quite obvious that the left is really pushing hard for mail on voting. Are they doing it because it hurts them or helps them?

If it helps the right to keep voting turnout to low numbers, that the right is the wrong side to be on

The reality is it doesn’t help the right, in fact creating that fair might hurt trump

The fact that Trump and Republicans are discouraging it on the national level while at the same time doing robocalls encouraging it says all you have to know about it

The trump campaign is encouraging their own supporters to vote by mail

More theatrics by the reality show host

None of us should be surprised by now

We’ve been doing voting by mail for a long time Mike
      It’s not a secret left wing conspiracy
      In fact it has helped republicans win many races

You don’t become less subject to fraud bc you are elderly
      If it such a risk of fraud, it should be extended to the elderly either

Also, these 11 states permitted same day registration in 16 including quite a few states that went for trump

Going into the election the number has grown and these are the states with same day registration

It should be a bigger issue and somehow same day registration has managed to be unpolitical

But I think it’s a step on the right direction

108. bailbondmike says:

Why the Botched N.Y.C. Primary Has Become the November Nightmare
    ————————————–
    Can’t imagine the nightmare if they try this in a national election.

Fraud, fraud, fraud…

Is it easier to cheat, with mail in voting than in person?

Is it easier to cheat without mandatory ID?

110. bailbondmike says:

Looks like Texas doesn’t provide a choice. Show up and vote. Bring your mask.
    —————————————-
    That’s the way it should be. About forty percent of the people I see at the grocery store and Walmart don’t wear a mask anyway.

And those same 40% walk the wrong way down one way aisles.

One of these days I’m going into Walmart with a clipboard and act like I’m doing a survey about walking the wrong way.

Some people just pick off stuff from the end of an aisle the wrong way, but others just don’t give a shit, then will bitch later when they get the disease. You know those logical geniuses.

If you can debate mail-in voting and no voter ID aren’t breeding grounds for fraud, then you can debate anything.

You can debate anything with facts
      But you can’t argue with some one who won’t accept facts

The reality is the numbers for fraud on mail in voting are putridly low while the assumptions of how much fraud exists are skyrocketing

If you think mail in voting is so bad, please tell trump to stop encouraging it
      Lara trump is doing robocalls
      Trump is sending emails and texts out to vote by mail

The left always tries to downplay the significance of shady things that favor them. For example Cuomo on the nursing home issue with covid in NY, voter fraud, mail-in voting, illegals in the country…

You are in fantasy world dude

I could day the same about you.

When I was a kid I used to think sports was on the level and mostly everything else was too. You seem to still be living in that world.

How someone as smart as you can buy into these voter fraud issues is beyond me.

August 4, 2020 at 12:03 pm
    Voting is not a reward
    It’s a right

You don’t get to say people deserve it if it’s done on your terms
    ——————————————-
    The question is whether I wanted to throw the whole State of Utah out?
    The answer was – not for their voting habits! Implying that I would throw them out for other personal reasons!

Don’t know how you thought I was saying voting is a reward?

I posted in the wrong spot
      Sorry about the confusion

Your response to my longer post about increasing voter turnout was that “you want to reward the lazy”

And my answer to that is that you er should not view voting as a reward we give to people

It’s okay of lazy people vote
      And yes I think voting should be easier with vote by mail and same day registration (you’ll have to pick one)

Reward is something you give to somebody!

I wasn’t using voting as a reward! I was using the continued use of their Lazyboy recliner as reward!

I guess we should just call them up and fill the ballets out for them? That would make it easier?

O maybe send them filled out already?

I just don’t think we need to make people prove they should vote

It’s fine if it’s super easy to vote – it should be imo

steveccnv says:
    August 4, 2020 at 12:06 pm (Edit)
    OMG, that isn’t even close.

****

Where is this evidence?

Please Post it

Judicial Watch report which is what trump sited in a press conference is about voting rolls not actual voting

The problem with the rhetoric is a lot of people won’t look into the details
    They just will go with their assumption
    That’s why this rhetoric by trump is so effective and why you are arguing with me about today

Judicial watch is Tom Fittons nonprofit is very far right
    And their own report doesn’t provide Stats on actual votes
    Just voter rolls

The scam is to get you to believe that a deceased person on voter roll means a dead person is actually voting

I’ll repost it
    wyoming85 says:
    August 4, 2020 at 7:11 am

Is this a bad time to say that if you are voting for Biden, you are voting for Marxism?

Never a bad time!

Biden is basically a republican

• pheloniusphish says:

LOL…Biden is whatever he thinks will get him a vote. And Trump actually was a Democrat.before he was a Republican.

• pheloniusphish says:

Besides, it’s Biden’s VP that we have to think about. Biden will be drooling (and not over little girls) before the next term is over.

He’s been pretty moderate his whole career
        He’s not really a Marxist of a socialist or whatever far as I know

Don’t worry he’s not going to pick Bernie or AOC
        The farthest left he will go is probably warren

But I really seems like he’s likely to pick some one like Harris, the governor of Michigan, Val demmings, or some one not so far left

Btw when did the right begin to call people in the left Marxists

What happened to socialist?

Why did you guys shift your insults mid-election cycle? Lol

How do you guys keep up with the latest “ist” label?

Marxists came in mostly when it was discovered that BLM was founded by Marxists.

Only as far left as Warren? She’s pretty far left.

Pig nailed what should be the start and end of this with “Voting rules have always been left up to the states ” How it is set up in the Constitution. And all of a sudden it is different now because…..?

And btw — 5 states were mail-in vote in the 2016 election. Oregon has been doing it that way and only that way for two decades. Why no uproar about it before?

Far as I am concerned only state that I have the right to comment on the voting system of is my own.

• pheloniusphish says:

You are no fun at all.

I guess there is a push by the left to make it a federal rule and a push by the right to have states That allow it stop it

I think the national debate at the end of the day reflects what people want states to do

But the reality is, it’s constitutional – and the states have to set their own rules, so there will always be inconsistencies between states

I’m really some one that thinks it important to try to be over 70% voter turnout, and it actually doesn’t seem like the right or the left agree with me that. I’m the left’s case it’s not what they are focusing on.

I don’t think mail in vote is going to increase the numbers nearly as much as same day registration, and I’m a little surprised same day registration has escaped political scrutiny the same way vote by mail has become national debate

It would have to be a state by state thing. And in any event what federal mandate can there be when Trump has the veto power?

And whether you want to make it easier or harder to vote — and a bunch of ways to do that — depends on how you view more people voting. Traditionally conservatives have considered more voters bad since the days of the poll tax.

I’m all for that!
      And was quiet until Nandering Nancy tried to TELL me how I was going to vote!

Well Trump told you how to vote too….. or at least said the world would blow up if he didn’t win. So don’t blame Nancy so much. 🙂

That’s the main thing the left stands for, more govt, so they can tell you what to do and how to think, which leads to more corruption. The bigger the govt, the more corruption.

I thought all teenagers wanted to become adults, so no one can tell them what to do. Why would you then turn around, after becoming an adult, and vote for the more govt party? If you want to be told what to do, go into the service, don’t fuck it up for the rest of us.

Conservatives don’t vote a certain way, because someone told us too, we vote with what makes sense and what is logical. Dems vote based on feelings, so facts don’t matter.

Trump had a mission statement that was in line with middle of the road conservatives, that’s why he has a following. Hillary had her staff create hers, then bitched when it wasn’t what she wanted. Does Biden have one? What does he stand for this week? Burning buildings, far left talking points, or whatever he think will get him elected, even if it contradicts his Senate record?

steve — I consider myself a traditional GOP conservative and many of Trump’s actions have not matched up with I wanted based on what learned from Reagan and W F Buckley. Includes massive government spending and trade wars. You can say am no longer a conservative, but then also have to say the definition of conservative has changed as well.

If Tom Fitton is far right, what does far right mean?

He speaks at CPAC like every year
      He received an award one year at CPAC

He’s very conservative

Being very conservative and far right aren’t the same. Far right is white supremacy.

Historically used to describe the experiences of fascism and Nazism,[7] today far-right politics includes neo-fascism, neo-Nazism, Third Position, the alt-right, white nationalism.

What part of this far right is Tom?

I don’t think far right = white supremacy

Sure totalitarian govts are often far right
        But only if they are not far left
        Extremist are often extreme

But it doesn’t follow that if some one is far right or far left they are part of an extreme group

I think in the grand scheme of things calling judicial watch a far right organization is America is accurate

Their entire purpose is to fore back at left activism

If you call bernie Sanders far left, I agree
        But I don’t think he’s Fidel Castro

That’s exactly what it’s become, but you don’t have to be in the group, you just have to have those beliefs.

Phish

Yes Herman Cain had underlying conditions and is elderly
    And then exposed himself to a dangerous virus

His death is directly related covid19 and that’s the way it should be reported

It’s been well reported that way. We’ll never know if he actually caught it at the Trump Tulsa rally, but the timing is hard to ignore. Guess “it is what it is” (check the news today?).

Don’t people on the left care about corruption any longer, or is it just when those on the right do something?

I posted a video several months ago about govt corruption at local and state levels, and no one seemed to care.

For me, if someone on the right does something corrupt, I say lock him up just the same.

steveccnv says:
    August 4, 2020 at 12:46 pm (Edit)
    No, dead people that have stats and it shows they voted is what’s really happening. The scam is to say they’re just on the roll. If true, why not just purge all the dead people and be done with it?

****

Steve
    That’s the whole point
    They are actually required to purge the votes by federal law
    They just failed to for the same reason many people fail to to their duties

They didn’t pick and choose who died to pick their political party
    They just didn’t remove them bc families don’t typically report a death to the voting authorities
    So it just stayed on the voting rolls

It’s just a database that hasn’t been updated

Not an actual vote being cast

They should actually remove them from the lists

But ask yourself:

1. Is this typical beurocracy not to update their voting rolls
    2. Or is it a secret plan to manipulate elections

The answer is obvious
    They can’t choose who dies to affect how they vote
    in fact the people who were left on the rolls were not overwhelming from any one party

It’s just a dumb mistake

That some one (Trump) is using for fuel to get people to say dead people are voting

It’s not an actual vote – it’s just a database that wasn’t updated after people died

There is nothing nefarious about it
    It’s just good ole fashioned laziness by the election boards in not getting a system in place where deaths are automatically removed

Keep telling yourself that and overlook the obvious.

You still haven’t answered why the left doesn’t want it purged.

The left wants it purged
        It’s already the law Steve
        And I bet a lot of democratic lawmakers had a part of that

No one needs to advocate for it bc it’s already the law

Leaving dead people on voting rolls isn’t on the table

I think deceased people should be removed from voting rolls
        No one argues that shouldn’t happen

You are arguing that a mistake by election boards is policy
        It’s not, any more than a car accident is

Remove away

But don’t tell people dead people are voting
        That’s not true

It being law isn’t what I’m talking about, it needs to be executed. Contact after 5 yards was a rule, but wasn’t really called until the cheats abused it.

Alright

Gotta go
    I have a virtual court conference soon

It’s been real…

Remember guys: Vote by Tik Tok is the future

😛

“The AFC is fascinating because you’ve got about four or five teams that nobody really knows about. I count Miami in there. They will be at the top of the heap because Miami could win 10 games.”
    —- Peter King, who has always been high on the Phins year after year for some reason.

Pigs – Socialism and Marxism are pretty much interchangeable in my dictionary. Socialists are just communist that don’t have balls to say so.

In my dictionary Marxists are just Totalitarians with window dressing least after it gets going. Lenin might have been a true believer. Trotsky too…. but we know what happened to him.

And yet you don’t think Biden or anyone on the left poses a threat to totalitarianism?

If Hilllary had her way, she’d be president until death.

I’m with Phish, that they’re mostly interchangeable. All big govt telling you what to do/think and stealing your money and calling it taxes at an alarming rate.

Why would any working citizen want to pay more taxes? If you do, why not just pay more? Because those that are for higher taxes want someone else to pay them not themselves. Hypocritical? They posed those same questions to university students, who were all for it, then asked for a donation for the cause, and their sphincters tightened up so quick…

I completely do “think Biden or anyone on the left poses a threat to totalitarianism.” Part of why will be voting for Biden after a life of voting GOP. But get that was just bad wording on your part.

You do get that I was not talking about the US election I hope? Was talking about Russian post-revolution history. And the totalitarian who came in was Stalin. Trotsky (his competitor to replace Lenin) got an ice pick in the head in Mexico.

Meaning you don’t think Biden poses a threat to us having a totalitarian govt?

They’ve already got the media, Hollywood, our youth, and the dem voters scammed. The only thing left is the Libertarians, standing in their way of becoming Totalitarian/Communist/Socialist call it what you will it’s really all the same, and not for freedom.

Nope — think Biden would be a president just like any other one. You might not like his policy aims, but next election would go on just like always has. Now the country shift to more liberal, that very well may happen. A lot of it has to do with demographics. Not troops in the streets though.

Just everyone remember…You can never go wrong by saying “Phish is right!”

LOL — one of my old college buddies had the nickname of King. Way he told it he woke up with a pretty, had no memory of why and she kept calling him “King.” Finally he asks “why are you calling me King?” She goes goes “cause you told me too.” Guess it stuck.

Phish
    They say this is Fireworks? Lets just say I’m skeptical
    I’ll ask for your more informed opinion?

Holy cow! I thought the fire shown for the first 10 seconds was the “aftermath” of the explosion until it went off. WOW!

Some reports suggest the explosion may have been an accident. Lebanon’s National News Agency reported a fire breaking out at what it called an explosives depot at the port before the explosion.

The best conspiracy theories are the ones that are filled mostly with truth and only have one big lie. It’s all that truth that makes the lie so easy to believe.

Yep — the best ones are the ones that can’t be proven wrong. China released Covid on purpose in Wuhan — why would they? Escaped from a biotech lab in Wuhan…. how do you prove that not true?

Because they wanted it to come here! Makes perfect sense! What don’t you get!?

(Eyeroll)

Exactly, the lie has to be nearly impossible to disprove. Then you prop up all these provable facts on the periphery of the lie (that don’t actually prove it) and it’s ‘look at all these facts’, obviously ‘this’ is true as well.

Cav — US government gave the biotech lab a grant and Obama made that happen. Was clearly a plan to release Covid to ruin Trump’s election chances.

The only thing left is the Libertarians, standing in their way of becoming totalitarian /Communist/ Socialist

What does this poorly written sentence mean? Do you consider Libertarians to be “on the left”? Or do you mean that Libertarians are all that is standing between them taking over?

Said the guy that fairly regularly can’t articulate.

The latter.

“Gamecocks. Big, thick and long player, too.”

Am i the only one so immature that i immediately did a beavis and butthead chuckle and said “Heh, they said big thick long cock…..”

Whether or not anyone else immediately thought it, you’re definitely not the only one so immature as to, lol. 😉

I’m going to just leave this hear for some of you to watch….

Might as well add this one too since it is often misunderstood / misused.

WH press secretary said today in the recent NJ primary done by mail in voting only, 1 in 5 were fraudulent. Nothing to see there move along.

Well if the WH press secretary said it, it must be true. Everything from that camp is pure and unvarnished truth, lol.

If I’m being honest, I don’t know enough about this issue to have an opinion, which is why I haven’t weighed in on it. Do they have actual proof of voter fraud or is it just more innuendo and rhetoric?

LOL! your first sentence was hysterical.

That position should just be titled ‘Minister of Propaganda’, and that’s the truth in any administration, not just Trump’s.

The job is quite literally to push the president’s agenda and minimize any naturally occurring PR damage that comes in the course of doing his duty.

I dont think there are facts to prove or disprove it at all, i think all of this is pure speculation to achieve their goal. Still its obvious that mail in voting will benefit the Democrats, i think primarily because they historically have poor turn out numbers among their strongest support groups, but its obvious who it benefits by how hard they are pushing it and how hard the Republicans are fighting it.

D,
        Without researching, what you just wrote is exactly what my internal logic tells me. I haven’t made up my mind yet though.

How did that guy not make a fucking peep in that video, i would have been cussing like the worst part of a Richard Pryor skit.

steve — clearly you have a problem with mail in voting as well as in-person voting with all those dead people eligible.

Constitution says voting is up to each state, including how do it. You think the Constitution can be changed before November or have something else in mind?

I personally think it has to be an option. I dont know if it has to be mandatory, but certainly it would be smart if people did their voting remotely and avoided those excessively large gatherings as are common at voting precincts.

It makes sense if done right….. but point is up to each state. Trump said he was going to delay the election cause of mail-in ballots…. that one not up to him either.

“Constitution can be changed before November or have something else in mind?”

Well, one person suggested (An orange colored guy with fake blond hair) that the results could be disputed and tied up in the courts as law suits are filed in any state that might not go the way they wanted. Tied up in the courts for months or years according to said Orange colored man.

Steve,

Yep, like you said, depth at the position. If we get Williams back healthy, we’re going to be overloaded at that position anyway.

Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant, Ford

That is some quality at the top 5

This is the kind of granular data that we need to make individual decisions about COVID. If only ever where reported this way.

New Jersey officials sought to tamp down concerns ahead of the state’s primary voting Tuesday, after criminal charges over alleged mail-ballot fraud marred a local election in Paterson, N.J.

State officials emphasized that voter fraud is rare and said measures are being taken to protect mail-in ballots. The primary is being conducted mostly by mail and was delayed from its original date of June 2 because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Security measures include verifying mail voters’ signatures against voter-registration records, cross-checking lists of mail and in-person voters to ensure no one votes twice, allowing voters to drop off their ballots at their county board of election in case they don’t trust the mail, and encouraging voters to alert officials if they notice anything suspicious, said New Jersey secretary-of-state spokeswoman Alicia D’Alessandro.

Wall street journal.

Sounds like they’re awful worried about voter fraud.

No, it sounds like they are trying to reassure the public that there is very little voter fraud and that they are protecting against it. But spin it as you will.

That’s what you took from that article SMH.

If it’s so rare, why are they going to all these measures to protect it?

Well, Tank, we have some good news and some bad news.

Good news – we’re activating you off the reserve/COVID list.

Bad news – you’re fired.

Tank got cut? Will admit was never a huge fan, but that still a surprise. He got pushed in early after injuries. Had a couple good plays…. but not many good games.

Following accusations of widespread fraud, voter intimidation, and ballot theft in the May 12 municipal elections in Paterson, N.J., state Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal (pictured) announced Thursday he is charging four men with voter fraud – including the vice president of the City Council and a candidate for that body.

With races still undecided, control of the council hangs in the balance. Paterson is New Jersey’s third largest city and the election will decide the fate of a municipal budget in excess of $300 million, in addition to hundreds of millions more in education spending and state aid.

Real Clear Politics

CNN
    city councilman and a councilman-elect are among the four people charged with voting fraud related to the May 12 municipal election, New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal announced Thursday.

Paterson City Councilman Michael Jackson, Councilman-Elect Alex Mendez, Shelim Khalique and Abu Razyen have been charged with criminal conduct involving mail-in ballots during the election.

“Today’s charges send a clear message: If you try to tamper with an election in New Jersey, we will find you and we will hold you accountable,” Grewal said in a statement. “We will not allow a small number of criminals to undermine the public’s confidence in our democratic process.”

The investigation began after the US Postal Inspection Service found hundreds of mail-in ballots in a mailbox in Paterson. Numerous additional ballots were found in another mailbox in nearby Haledon, according to a release from the attorney general.

Tank tanked. Disappointing . . .

Abbas Ibrahim, chief of Lebanese General Security, said the explosion might have been caused by highly explosive material that was confiscated from a ship some time ago and stored at the port. Local television channel LBC said the material was sodium nitrate.

Preston Williams gotta come back fast now. We’re gonna need him. Jakeem Grant also just got more valuable

steve — why are you so worried about primaries in one city in New Jersey? Or back to the Q that you never answered — what do you want to do about it? Constitution says conducting voting is up to each state. Are you against the Constitution? States rights is normally a big right wing thing.

On the bright side, Hurns was a depth player not a starter.

States that allow voting by mail – Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, Michigan, California and Washington.

Delaware, Nevada, New Jersey, New York and North Dakota have said voters will receive vote-by-mail ballots for primary elections. Ohio and Maryland did it for primaries and Cummings’ replacement special election.

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah already allowed it.

Trump won Utah so nothing changes there. Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Michigan, California and Washington are unlikely to vote republican anyway.

The way I see it, it doesn’t make a difference. There will be more opportunity for fraud – ballots get sent to all registered voters on the rolls, even if they are dead – but it doesn’t matter because the electoral college votes wont change. Does it really matter how many votes Trump loses by in California? Not like he is ever going to barely lose in any of the listed states. Maybe Michigan. If new York or New Jersey change their rules to allow it, same same. He is not going to win in either anyway.

Nice analysis. I always stick with who is going to commit a felony to cast one vote anyhow. That’s a big risk to take when almost no election comes down to one vote.

Thank you. That analysis helps me form an opinion without having to do any work, lol. It’s all a bunch of noise and probably a calculated distraction.

Might just be talking head speculation, but maybe it gets interesting over the next two days.

I would be all in favor of instituting a one time exception for the punishment of burning at the stake for the sole purpose of applying it to that evil c%^t Lori Vallow.

Florida is ok for mail in ballots, they have had two great Republican governors and have been doing it for many many years and had done a great job, and know if you mail in your vote in Florida then we are sure your votes will count……

OMG!

Buffoon utter buffoon

in the case of Florida, they are sooo well run, Florida is a very well run state, low taxes, low everything, They’ve done a great job……..

LOL

and you have to ask yourself,why do you know what a hanging chad is?

I live here and I even call people Floridiates

The fact that this country has so many voting issues is comical. It’s fucking 2020 and we’re struggling with this. SMH

There is a show on the CW, also is on Netflix, called All American. It’s about a high school football player from inner city Los Angeles. I watched it without knowing who it was about and I enjoyed it. It says it’s about a true story. I watched the 2 seasons Netflix has and searched the show to see if there was more only to find out that the show is about Spencer Paysinger, Spencer James in the show. Remember him? He was a Dolphin back in 15-16, after he spent time with the Giants. I thought that was cool after having watched the show wondering who it was actually about. Season 3 expected on Netflix in October.

Phelon, I was pointing out the hypocrisy. It is pretty well known that Florida isn’t well run, but there are a TON of trump supporters who vote by mail so in this very important swing stated, with it’s great republican governor (who will step in like Jeb did back in the day) it is important that the message is changed….

Fraud is very easily prevented with various double check precautions (bar code, number verification, etc there is a reason that only wining lotto tickets are winning lotto tickets

• pheloniusphish says:

I know you were and I was just yanking your chain. But speaking of conspiracy theories, how about Jeb?

Rockphin says:
    August 4, 2020 at 4:38 pm

“Constitution can be changed before November or have something else in mind?”

————————————————-
    So i have been thinking about this, i actually though it might happen on Obama’s last term with all the shit that was hitting the fan in Syria. There is a way a president can exceed his term limit or extend through an election year. If the US is in what is considered a state of emergency, they can delay/prolong the current presidential term. I mean with all the other tweaking and twisting of laws they do to get things through, its plausible that someone will attempt to use this clause if they found themselves in circumstances, i dont know like a major pandemic, to invoke it. I think its more meant to be for times of war i think, but it doesn’t specify that as the only reason it can be invoked.

Elections ran on time during the Civil War and WW2, but yeah a President can declare martial law. That’s about a whole lot more than the election though….. suspends the Constitution.

pheloniusphish says:
    August 4, 2020 at 5:05 pm

————————————————————————-
    Sodium nitrate is one of those materials that if it gets overheated can hit a flash point and combust, if the particles are fine enough in the air, they all combust in a chain reaction which causes it to explode. We played around with the shit in chem lab lol. It can happen with other shit though like grains can even do this. Grain silo’s have exploded int he past due to the same kind of condition.

And to rehash something i said earlier, how the fuck did that guy not scream like a bitch watching that and shit himself. I mean he saw a HUGE explosion and saw the shock-wave roll at him so fast i dont know how the fuck he kept it together.

heloniusphish says:
    August 4, 2020 at 5:10 pm

Kinda disappointed. I like Hurns. Thought he was solid.
    ——————————————————-
    Outside of one or maybe two years, thats the book on Hurns. He had one year he really excelled, but other than that he is a possession receiver, a chains guy, so he is a good role player but solid is abotu as much as your getting out of him.

CavalierKong says:
    August 4, 2020 at 6:49 pm

Yeah, 2 kids disappear, mother and new husband go to Hawaii. A trail of dead husbands, wives, and relatives. Doomsday cult.
    ——————————————————–
    I wish that was the worst thing that happens in this world, but i do agree, there is plenty of need for something less humane than death for people like that, especially those that do things like that to children.

Why would the postal service not be able to deliver ballots to every mailbox in the US? What would the additional strain be? They already deliver the Penny Saver to ever mail box. What’s the difference? 🙂 LOL

Why use something as fucking antiquated, unreliable, slow and insecure as postal service. You could do this shit online and have it so that every person is seeded a token that only they could use. You could double authenticate the login, you could tally up votes in no time. Those that didn’t have access to a computer could mail theirs in. At least that could limit the potential fraud with a mail snail mail system.

Jets just cut Enunwa too. I wonder if they have already kind of given up on Darnold. They definitely seem to be in on another rebuild already. They arent making it any easier on him right now, getting rid of a starting OG and one of their top receivers.

Allen Hurns opting out opens up a big opportunity for Isaiah Ford.

D, the ONLY reason for the USPS of for small town middle of the US areas and rural areas. I don’t need the USPS I have always lived in an urban area and there are 6-8 commercial carriers that will deliver to my door.

The USPS is the only system that delivers to every address in the US.

Matt Cole
      DeVante Parker
      11 WR 6-3 216 27 6 Louisville
      Preston Williams
      18 WR 6-5 218 23 2 Colorado State
      Albert Wilson
      15 WR 5-9 195 28 7 Georgia State

How many do they keep? 6? 7?

The Dolphins web-site has him listed as a running back, but I guess it doesn’t really matter what you call him. He very well may be “multiple”

Kirk Meritt is an interesting prospect too. Look him up, pretty solid player, could be a Preston Williams kind of find for this year.

170. Phindog says:

👉👌

Rock, we’ll see if Gesicki can improve as a blocker but he’s a very good receiver. He’s another big body like Parker and Williams who can high point the ball and catch contested passes. Those types of guys are a QB’s best friend. Then you have the smaller quick and fast guys like Grant and Wilson, along with Breida and Perry as scatback types. We have some good skill on offense. It will all start with an improved OL and then we’ll see how the QB position plays out, but the skill is there.

172. Krishna says:

I love the top 3 wrs are 6’4″ plus. Bigger than anyone covering them. Give them the damn ball. Add a te who’ bigger and finds the seam.

I’m dreaming about a season that won’t happen.

It is what it is.

173. ElephantRider says:

So what’s everyone’s thought on ranked choice voting.

I like it. Hope it goes well for Maine, although they aren’t doing for Presidential. Maybe it will open some eyes. I think it’s only way we get rid of 2 party system.

I think in theory and mathematically the two party system is broken. People are not that defined one way or the other. I prefer the magic number.

It would unquestionably give independents an edge bc The major parties will probably be ranked 1 and 3

But I don’t know of any jurisdictions that use it

Theoretically I like the idea of picking your horse rather than ranking horses
      But I do think it achieves what you said it would

Mercedes Schlapp posted this study on twitter yesterday after fighting with a cnn reporter about voter fraud

It’s kind of a self own
    The heritage foundation, a conservative organization, did the study

About 1100 voter fraud related convictions over a 40 year period
    In 2016 alone over 1.2 million Americans voted

It’s a completely insignificant number
    The data does not match the hysteria

What of voter fraud doubles, triples, quadruples or is 10x greater bc of mailing

Nothing

It still won’t affect elections

It’s supposed important in a representative govt that people vote so that their leaders reflect the public, if the numbers were equal, I would still favor less restrictions rather than more. But I think that’s just the kind of thing I expect opinions to vary on

But the numbers really don’t stack up to treat voter fraud in any manner that should affect the way we conduct our elections

tankersly waived

allen hurns has opted out

Your morning camp ketchup

So the silver lining for the cheats is those that opt out don’t count against this years cap, putting them at almost 36M under. We’re at just over 20M now with Hurns opting out.

181. ElephantRider says: