Week 5 – Dolphins @ 49ers

I know, it’s Week 5 and already the QB controversy has begun. I believe there is a legitimate reason for there to be one. I don’t want to knock the Dolphins front office or any of the coaching staff but if Brian Flores is speaking true of Tua Tagovailoa, that he isn’t quite ready yet, the question is WHY? Health is not an issue, because Tua has been the gameday #2 QB which means if anything happened to Ryan Fitzpatrick Tua would be in the game. So let’s put health aside, and think back to before the Tua injury at Alabama, he was the top QB prospect, although Joe Burrow with his great Senior year was a close 2nd. So how is it that Joe Burrow started from day one? Justin Herbert taken one pick after Tua has now started 3 weeks due to the unfortunate medical circumstances with QB Tyrod Taylor. Undrafted Brett Rypien has started an NFL game due to injuries to Drew Lock and Jeff Driskel, and although it was against the NY Jets he still looked like he belonged completing 67% of his passes and a team high 7.4YPA. Yes, he threw 4 INT’s, but he was undrafted after all. So again I ask, why is Tua not ready?

I like and admire Ryan Fitzpatrick and our 1-3 record is certainly not all on him. If you watched the last game. We dominated TOP and had the ball more than 6 minutes more than the Seahawks. We ran 67 plays, 45 were Ryan Fitzpatrick pass attempts and another 6 were Ryan Fitzpatrick rushes. 51 of the 67 plays were Ryan Fitzpatrick. Isn’t that too much to come away with only TD? The one TD was a Ryan Fitzpatrick scramble. Listen, Fitz is playing his heart out, he’s doing whatever he can to win games but we’re not winning and I think it’s high time for them to spend more time doing whatever they have to do to get young Tua Tagovailoa ready to play.

This week we travel to SFO to play Darlene’s beloved 49ers. Talk about a team absolutely decimated by injuries, it’s unbelievable and they keep coming. The 49ers have quite the IR list, starting with DE’s Nick Bosa and Solomon Thomas, CB Richard Sherman, WR’s Deebo Samuel, Tavon Austin, Jalen Hurd, RB Tevin Coleman, TE George Kittle was out 3 weeks and now QB Jimmy Garoppolo, DE Dee Ford, and RB Raheem Mostert are out with injuries. All I can say is it’s a good time to play the Niners. Kyle Shanahan has done a fine job at keeping this team competitive despite the volume of injuries as they are 2-2. QB Nick Mullins can play and this is by no means a gimme. George Kittle is back mostly healthy and was a monster last week and I would expect him to have another huge day against our defense.

It may not seem as if our defense has improved all that much but we do have 9 sacks through 4 weeks, I’m not sure we had 9 sacks all season last year. OK, that’s a joke. We had 23 sacks last season and right now we’re on pace for 36. You have to start somewhere. In our secondary, rookie Noah Igbinoghene has been targeted often and with much success. It was intended that Iggy play mostly in the slot with Byron Jones playing the boundary but Jones has been injured and unavailable, pressing Igbinoghene into a tough assignment. He’s a good player, and he will improve wherever he plays, count on it! I don’t know of Byron Jones status for week 5 but my guess is Iggy will be starting outside opposite X. Deebo Samuel is back after playing last week against Philly and Brandon Aiyuk, a very promising rookie will likely be the guy Iggy will be covering, so not an easy out.

One thing I take as a positive is that there was formal announcement regarding the status of the starting QB position with our team, so at least there is consideration or at a minimum awareness that a change may be necessary. As I stated earlier, besides getting the team ready to play the 49ers, they had better be dedicating as much time is necessary to make sure #1 is ready to play, I mean after all he’s the gameday #2, it’s kind of expected, no? Maybe Tua should be getting more practice reps, I doubt Fitz needs them at this point of his career, he can do it in his sleep. I hope they do everything in their power to make sure Tua IS ready, I think it’s just about that time!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

1,093 Responses to Week 5 – Dolphins @ 49ers

Damn page turn

Snow Pig

3. Krishna says:

Been thinking of a place to walk off the world (sort of) for a while. I need to look into some rentals….great idea.

They have saltwater crocs In the keys as I recall

5. Krishna says:

Hmmm…everyone is saying I should take a break, step away as much as possible.

Lol…can’t leave the country anyway. Hmmm….I wonder what a Thanksgiving to New Year’s would cost?

I need to look into this!

I have no desire to kayak with gators and crocs. I’ve done all my wild shit in life. Don’t need to seek danger for a high anymore. I’d rather play with a flower. LOL

• Krishna says:

A high? Stepping away is the high.

You always seem to see some negative in what I say. Whatever.

I loved Drogon in GoTs. Is that “wild shit” and not flowery enough for you? Is a dragon a reptile…lol???

No idea what you’re implying. I was talking about kayaking with gators and crocs. Nothing to do with you. Piggy brought up crocs in the Keys. I used to get a high from doing somewhat extreme things. That’s not we’re I’m at these days. That’s all.

• Krishna says:

And, we were talking about back water mangrove kayaking and you were afraid. Or, so your comment suggested.

Do you think what pp suggested was dangerous? I guess it could be.

7. Krishna says:

One of the pleasures of watching GoTs was what would be considered brutal honesty, now days. Totally, politically incorrect, but straight up honest. It was shocking and refreshing at the same time.

And, if you lied, you died. LOL! Mostly…

Krishna, I don’t need people to tell me about what I consider danger. It was just my comment. It wasn’t directed at you. I love kayaking, just not in dangerous situations anymore. I did that already.

You guys haven’t kayaked until you’ve kayaked through lava!

Was joking when I posed this

But I looked into it and some dudes have done it

• Krishna says:

Lol…yeah, not for me.

However, I did walk on the next morning’s Kilauea (sp-?) lava flow. Amazing and powerful and would do it again in a heartbeat. Walking over veins of molten lava was “stepping away” at one of those points in my life.

Justin Herbert is the greatest QB, since…but can’t win a game. 8 seconds left from the 32 in a tied game he gets scared and throws the ball out of bounds, when he could’ve had an easy 5 yard completion and given his kicker a little easier FG attempt that doinked from 50. Brady would’ve.

Missed a wide open receiver in OT, then on 4th down same series ended up 1 yard short game over.

He’s playing better than I thought, but still has accuracy issues at the worst times.

Happy Birthday Sonny! Have a great one pal!

Happy Birthday Son!

Hee Hee!

Happy Birthday Son! You must be a long lost distant relative, since so many in my family also have 13th as their birthdays. Dont believe we have an October though.

Happy Birthday Son!

Happy Birthday Son!

Happy Birthday Son

Fuck!

wyoming85 says:
    October 12, 2020 at 8:47 pm

He was worth a flier!

Ken says:
    October 12, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Exactly

I disagreed at the time and I still do. I flyer is a 4th or 4th round pick. NOT a 2nd AND 5th round pick.
    I thought It was a yuge mistake then and it has proven to be so.

Guy can’t even break the 3rd QB on the roster in Tampa. He is 4th string on the practice squad.

D
    Seiler is playing like he wants it more!

Wy, not patting myself. Who would pat themselves on the back for recognizing what anyone could and should have. More a finger in your eye for not seeing it than a pat on my back.

Anybody else watching Barrett’s confirmation hearing?

She is tearing them up.

Going to make it hard for Democrats to vote against her and not look purely partisan and political.

they shouldn’t even try not to look partisan. It absolutely is partisan and the Dems should do whatever they can, including pulling the fucking fire alarm every 15 minutes to stop it from happening after 2016 refusing to even vote for Garlan.

• pheloniusphish says:

You are in luck…They are not trying to look non-partisan. As for Garland, to bad to sad. As your hero Obama said, elections have consequences. Just like when the Democrats passed the ACA with no Republican input or votes.

And they can’t accuse her of rape.

The Judicial branch is one where there should be no politics, there shouldn’t be agendas or bias or whatever, they need to put the best person up for the spot. We need to appoint the next judge by outside review of a mix group of other judges and lawyers who sit on legal boards so they can get a person capable of making non-partisan judgements. This is about fairness to all people, thats what the judicial branch upholds and politics and political leanings inside that branch is very unacceptable, though unfortunately it seems, unavoidable.

sorry wasnt supposed to be a reply here.

• pheloniusphish says:

The constitution does not allow for an outside group to appoint Supremes. And I don’t believe we should – that would mean unelected individuals choosing a branch of government. We have enough issues as it is with the ones we elect.

wyoming85 says:
    October 13, 2020 at 10:25 am

D
    Seiler is playing like he wants it more!

NEW: Miami Dolphins Snap Conclusions. Zach Sieler is a Beast from Parts Unknown. Don’t Sleep On Andrew Van Ginkel. https://t.co/TPyxqQswDz

— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) October 13, 2020
    ——————————————————–
    I agree, but i mean he is already accounted for and we could use Davis to take over some snaps and he;lp especially on early downs. He is going to help us against the run especially

Thanks for the Birthday wishes guys, much appreciated 👍

Thanks for gassing me out Piggs 👍

D says:
    October 13, 2020 at 11:48 am

• pheloniusphish says:

I mean i understand they dont allow for it but this game they keep playing with the judges, on both sides, seems like a worse evil. There are a lot of things that the founding fathers originally intended to be a certain way that due to the changes in how our government operates just need to be re-thought, or the changes that have happened need to be reversed so it will go back to working as intended. The latter seems like an impossible task at this point.

• pheloniusphish says:

I doubt an outside group would be any less political. I mean look at our own 🐖 and Hulk…

It’s supposed to be political before the appointment

And then the lifetime appointment should theoretically (and often does) remove the politics or pressure to appeal to an electorate

33. bailbondmike says:

Sucks about Davon Godchaux. Maybe we will see some Benito Jones brought up from the PS. The Jets game would be a good one to get him some game experience. Him, Jason Strowbridge and Tyshun Render.

Van Ginkel was getting destroyed against the run. He’s got some speed off the edge, but I didn’t see him dominating anybody. I think he’s a nice situational pass rusher, but once teams get more film on him I think they’ll be able to exploit him. I’m not saying he can’t get better, but I’d hold off before putting him in the pro bowl. He was getting pushed around like a rag doll.

Randy

I think with Lawson out, we used Van Ginkle more than we would like. I think he’s just part of the pass rush rotation – not sure if the plan is to have here out there a lot on first downs

FB birthday wish from Richmond Webb, I love that.

Best thing I read today: “Howard has no guaranteed money in Year 2 of the deal and as a result could be cut by Miami at the end of the year for no negative impact to the salary cap.”

Happy birthday, Son!

Sanders has attempted (and made) 10 fgs in the last two games. That is pretty nuts. I wonder what the most made fgs over a 2 game stretch is.

How Son celebrates

Happy Birthday Son!

Krishna says:
    October 12, 2020 at 9:35 pm
    There’s only one person in this world that I would want to confront with my “hatred” (probably intense anger) mf13ss, and that is not you.

I have explained to you many times my exceptions to your off-football rhetoric. It is distasteful to me. I have always expressed that distaste to you so I don’t get what you don’t understand.

If you want to call it political, call it political. I think I see in you more than political rhetoric based on my definition, much more.

Did you ever see Game of Thrones? I just finished it Sunday AM. I thought it was pretty awesome. You remind me of one of the characters. I think we all have our work to do, especially me.

I am being nice, mf13ss. Let it go.
    ——————
    Alright, let’s unpack this, bud. I, too, am being nice. And over the last year, I’ve been talking about “let’s get back to talking football!” instead of politics. It’s difficult to talk football when politics seem to be the thing most want to talk about on this board. And then I get told, “don’t tell us what to talk about”. *sigh*

And yes, I HAVE talked football… mostly ignored, but for a Tim here, a Wyoming there, and a BBM there (thank you, guys!).

Look, if you don’t like my politics, that’s FINE!!! I’ve been going way out of my way to NOT discuss politics here for a long time. It pains me to think that I’m a divider here, based on some stuff I’ve said LONG, long ago. I’m trying to unite, as in, let’s get back to football! But screw me for trying, right?

LET IT GO is RIGHT!!! And that should especially apply to those who (politically) oppose ME. And as it applies to me, I should also let bygones be bygones. ALL should LET EVERYTHING GO. You speak wisdom, here, friend.

I like this post, Krishna… so let us build upon it.

No, I’ve never seen Game of Thrones. I’ve been told by many that I should check it out, and I absolutely adore Emilia Clarke as a person and actress (actor). I’ll start with S1E1, so as to enjoy the whole of GoT… thanks for the recommendation.

If you’ve never seen “Solo: a Star Wars Story”, it’s… ‘alright’. Emilia plays a huge part in it, and I think she’s absolutely amazing.

Can we start over again, Krishna? I’d like that very much, sir.

Aye, Son!
    Happy B-Day, dude! I hope you have a grand one!

Happy Birthday, Son!

Stang,

I think when you score on 9 drives out of 12 (I think it was 12) including 4 TDs, then 5 of them being FGs is still doing pretty great.

But when you score on 6 drives, and 5 of them are FGs, then not so great. I can easily understand being upset with our offense in the Seattle game and not the Niner game. Those 4 extra TDs change the equation, lol.

In retrospect, we can say in the Seattle game our offense was just a hair off from being really good, because we did have 6 scoring drives, we just couldn’t finish.

This game against the Jest is huge. If we lay a dud and lose to those assicles, the Niners game is quickly forgotten. If we win that game, we’re at .500 going into the bye, and have to seriously be thinking about making a run at one of those WC spots.

I think we beat the Jest by two scores.

Howie’s List

🦍 34-13 Dolphins

Speaking of assicles, has anyone on the board watched Norsemen on Netflix? The chieftain’s brother calls his sack the ‘assicle”, lol?

Freakin’ hilarious, but definitely a certain kind of humor that isn’t for everyone.

I’d say if you are a fan of Monty Python, you’ll like Norsemen.

-?

Negative. Just started watching “The Sinner” with Jessica Biel. SO far weird and underwhelming and we’re going to give it another episode or two to allow it to get some traction but it’s not promising. I like Bill Pullman and who doesn’t like looking at Jessica Biel?

I thought season 1 of the Sinner was kinda meh. If you’re already kind done with it, you likely really won’t like the reveal of what is actually happening. It was very lame IMO. Watching Jessica Biel was the only highlight, lol.

I thought season 2 was much better.

If you bail on season 1, you can still try season 2 as nothing carries over except Bill Pullman.

How can anything with “sinner” and Jessica Biel in the same sentence not wind up incredibly good.

• pheloniusphish says:

I have. Funny shit.

Howie’s List

🦍 34-13 Dolphins
    🐟 42-7 👩‍👦🐬

48. bailbondmike says:

FB birthday wish from Richmond Webb, I love that.
    ———————————————–
    THAT is really cool! Happy B-day Son!!!

49. bailbondmike says:

Conducting online courses to be certified for doing GPS Monitors, Alcohol Monitors, Portable Breath Monitors and Drug Patches here on the panhandle. My General Agent said it would not take to long. Shit! Took me 4 hours to do first two of seven courses. There are no short cuts. Can’t do anything until you watched the whole video. Sucks ass! Also, I have to keep switching browser’s in the middle of the class cause one video works on one then the next won’t then happens again on next video. Have to pause class then re-login on anther browser.

Has to be done though. With the possibilities of bail reform looming, we want to be ahead of the game and be the #1 company on the panhandle for pretrial services.

Howie’s List

🦍 34-13 Dolphins
    🐟 42-7 👩‍👦🐬
    🐷 31-0 🐬

Howie’s List

🦍 34-13 Dolphins
    🐟 42-7 👩‍👦🐬
    Herd 37-10 🐬

Kong – Not even close to finished, I think we’re either 2 or 3 episodes in. Nothing really has drawn me in, it’s pretty flat. Not emotionally involved at all

🦍 34-13 Dolphins
    🐟 42-7 👩‍👦🐬
    Herd 37-10 🐬
    🐷 31-0 🐬
    🌞 36-9 🐬

(🐴🐴 – recommended for Herd)

Tuesday night football is awesome!

October 13, 2020 at 4:32 pm (Edit)
    LOL — can only wait to see what you do for Wyoming’s B-day.

I was trying to top Richmond Webb! 😂

🐃 🐃 🐃 ⚡️

I added the lightning bolt to indicate movement
    It’s a pretty complicated emoji

🐖 🐷 🥓

I have 3 to choose from

October 13, 2020 at 7:22 pm (Edit)
    🐃 🐃 🐃 ⚡️

I added the lightning bolt to indicate movement

🌩🐃🐃🐃 Thundering Herd

59. bailbondmike says:

I know some of you don’t like Kyle Crabbs but in his latest NFL 3 round mock for all 32 teams he really did us some justice if it turned out that way.
    LB Micah Parsons
    WR Jalen Waddle
    C Josh Myers
    S Richard LeCounte III
    RB Najee Harris
    All are players high on my list. I would probably go with an Edge player like any one of Quincy Roche, The U, Hamilcar Rashed Jr., Oregon State, Jayson Oweh, PSU, or Joseph Ossai, Texas in 2nd round over safety and get another versatile safety later.
    For a Safety pick, I really like Quentin Lake, UCLA. The son of former Steelers and UCLA safety Carnell Lake. He is as versatile as it gets.

🐠🐟🐡🦈+🐬🐋 Take that pig

TD Titans

THINGS ULTRA HECTIC IN OUR HOUSEHOLD.
    BUT, First, Happy Birthday, Sonny — you old fart in training!!
    Tomorrow, my oldest Great Grand daughter turns 15!!
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!
    ————————————–
    MRS. OD to have total knee replacement on Friday, her 10th surgery!
    DOUBLE OUCH!!!!!!!!
    She’s in for some rigorous therapy.
    ————————————
    THEN, OUR NEW GREYHOUND, which we thought
    we’d receive in about a month from training school,
    arrived three days ago!! I’ve already lost 4 and 1/2
    pounds walking her!! (Leaves more room for BEER!)
    ————————————
    SATURDAY, I got up at 5:00 AM to drive to the
    Orlando Hilton for a board meeting. We will be
    putting on the world’s largest coin convention
    in January during this Covid Crisis. Man, is this
    CHALLENGING from legal/medical viewpoints!
    ———————————-
    OF COURSE, my JOB is as busy now as it’s been
    in many years. BUT I LOVE TO WORK!!!
    ———————————
    FINALLY, FINS PREDICTION TIME:
    MIAMI-27, JETS-20 (A BIT OF A LETDOWN).
    ———————————
    GOOOO-O-O-O FINS!!

My best thoughts to your lucky coin. If it helps, my aunt had the same and is doing pretty well even if not ready to run a marathon.

This Tannehill guy looks pretty good. Where did he come from?

64. bailbondmike says:

Tim, yeah man, it’s never ending with me bro! LOL

pheloniusphish says:
    October 13, 2020 at 7:48 pm (Edit)
    🐠🐟🐡🦈+🐬🐋 Take that pig

*****
    Two of those are mammals!

I have a 🐽
    No one else has a part of their face

This is probably pork 🍖

I dont know what this is 🍣- but I think that’s bacon

🌩🐃🐃🐃 It is

7 teams make the playoff this year
    You would think that helps us slip in

But look at all the competition
    Chiefs, Pats, bills, titans, browns, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Raiders

It won’t be easy to squeeze into 7th place

Tannehill is balling

Lauren still looks good

BBMike

Parsons and Waddle would be a heck of a 1-2

Herd, I swear I’ve ALWAYS thought the Marshall Herd was for horses, now I feel dumb.

Keep it up Titans

Jets release Leveon Bell 😂😂😂😂

Gase let’s so much talent just walk out the door. Can’t win a fucking game but won’t or can’t play his best talent. It’s incredible that teams let him do that. He let so much talent go here and has torn up stej to where they’re just a joke ( moresothanusual). Worst thing to happen to Miami since Camarillo saved our ass.

He set us back

People talk about Greir not drafting well
      But Gase didn’t want the talent we had

Maybe we did have our QB just constant shit coaching. Tannehill has looked good with Tenn. Landry we couldn’t use, give me a break. Guess what we need right now?
        I do however agree and am glad we moved on from Tannehill and I know Gase didn’t get rid of him but he ruined him for us.
        Phillips just sent packing for no reason and goes on to excel in freakin Buffalo.

He let talent go, but RT is playing Ok as a game manager, but he can’t carry a team. Landry for 15M…don’t let the door hit…

Cam moron ?

Derrick Henry with the dagger

He couldn’t use Jamaal Adams, good for us but damn. They used the fifth pick on him.

Buffalo plays KC next. We might be one game back after next week.

That was very satisfying

I knew something was fishy with Gase when he was constantly benching or cutting guys! All we kept hearing from the team in the media is that it was because all those bad apple players. Kooky bastard. Thank god for Flores.

Son, Jordan Phillips is in ARZ now. He’s always been an up and down player and still is. My hope is Raekwon Davis becomes more than what Phillips has been.

In hindsight I’m not sure it’s as much about Gase releasing or trading players as it is the players want out.

I know he moved on but when he left he went to Buff and played well.
      They want out because Gase is a horrible coach, teams shouldn’t allow it.

Yeah his reputation with Peyton Manning has come to fruition. He’s not a good HC and he’s no guru on offense either. He made a lot of money selling himself though.

If you go to school to be a journalist/reporter/writer they all take a class on how to be a critic. Most of them have no idea what it’s like to even be the people they’re writing about but somehow they’re experts on the subject. LOL

• New Age says:

There is zero accountability in today’s journalism. Get the quick scoop, work hard for clickbait, even if it’s false, put out a 3 day late apology if it isn’t true. Comments are disabled, mics are cut, other opinions aren’t even listened to.

Today’s media is trash and they care more for clicks than truth. Yesterday’s media may have been the same but that doesn’t mean they’re good people. Paid propagandists with very few morals overall. Activists with a media badge. I can’t say enough bad things about them but I’ll stop.

Buffalo game was fantastic. Good for Tanny.

Yay! Buffalo lost! Nice to see Allen threw as many picks as TD’s

Herbert will be a top NFL QB. I HOPE Tua can turn out to be better than him in the long run. (I doubted it and still do) Go Tua..

The Unicorn tearing it up!

This is an encouraging quote from the article I posted above

“Miami coach Brian Flores and general manager Chris Grier did not overlook special teams when building this roster. That’s part of the reason why Danny Crossman’s unit is ranked second in the league by Football Outsiders.”

NICE to have a top unit.

Wow, let’s do that again….LOL

So what is the consensus on here? (As if there ever is one, LOL) Should the Dolphins try and sign free agent Bell?

Sure, as long as he’s cheap and they feel his head is out of his ass.

What happened to that great jets draft class😏

To a one year context, nothing really eye popping in terms of $

We don’t really have a back who can make something out of nothing
      So far Howard is a disappointment
      Breida hasn’t done much
      Gaskin is a probably overachieving

Our OL has improved by our Running game hasn’t

A talent like Bell has a shot at making a difference

And if we can consistently run the ball, it will make Tua’s leaning curve easier

It’s a gamble worth taking

Right now I’m not very optimistic about where our running game is at
      Bell might be the kind of talent that changes that

• New Age says:

I can’t believe at how bad Howard’s been. It looks like he’s on final contract at 25 years old. Guy just doesn’t have any juice from what I’ve seen.

Running game not improved? Did you forget how bad we were last year?

• New Age says:

I would at the right price which should be close to free. Jets are already paying him, so I doubt he cares if his contract is small. He wants to prove something for the next contract and he’s very talented. He’s a long-term cancer but Flores could probably get him motivated and happy enough for 11 games.

• pheloniusphish says:

Head case, but if they Belichek him, okay. Vet minimum, incentive laden, drop him like a hot rock if he acts out.

New Age says:
    October 14, 2020 at 1:10 am

That’s why I don’t click on the articles of those outlets that are know to do this.

I don’t like getting all goo goo over one win, especially when it came against a depleted team. Learn from it, then move on to the next game.

• New Age says:

I keep thinking trap game but the Jets are so horrible that I can’t imagine a loss. Gase is such a terrible coach, Darnold may be injured and broken at this point and they keep releasing their best talent. Flores wants a blowout and I think they give him one.

Jets may be getting their WR’s back (Perriman and Mims). They haven’t had all of them the entire season.

• pheloniusphish says:

C’mon you curmudgeon…get a little goo goo! it’s okay!

I wish they’d stop making a big deal out of Jason Sanders, that’s for the offseason.

Last kicker to be praised was Butker, then the next week he stunk the place up.

Superstitions like that are stupid. Now excuse me while I go and set up my Dolphin shrine to the exact specifications I had for the Niners game…

Lol, but it’s not superstitious, its reading your own headlines and believing them, to the point where you slack off on preparation.

I don’t want any part of Bell. Keep his grumbling, malcontent, Jest stink off of us.

I didn’t like his attitude in Pittsburgh and he just went down hill from there with the Jets. Dumb ass sat out a year because he thought way too much of himself.

I asked the question, but IMO we should pass him up.

• bailbondmike says:

I think he ends up in AZ.

It’s kind of a one year rental
      Not a foundational block

We have a young locker room though, so maybe he’s not the right guy to insert – I get the point you are making

But I just feel like our RBs aren’t getting it done. We need a little bottle of shiftiness. Bell is the kind of back that has that

96. bailbondmike says:

I know some of you saw this stiff arm but people are going crazy with the memes. My favorite one so far is the video by aplasticbagarino@aplsticbag. You will have to scroll down about 7 or 8. Funny!

See my comment above about Butker reading his own headlines.

Henry threw the bitch off, then just ran out of bounds, like he did something, when he could’ve finished the run by cutting back inside and gotten a first down.

Like the NBA player that has a massive dunk, then doesn’t get back on D and his cover scores.

I don’t hold Bell’s time as a Jet against him. I hold it against Gase and his inability to understand and use the talent he has

I don’t hold his time with the jests against him either

But I think the better argument against signing him, is that he basically forced the Steelers hand in parting ways with him over a contract dispute, and the Steelers were a contender at that time.

YUP, plus their Oline gave Bell his opportunities. Once you took away the good blocking Bell showed what he is.

Yeah — I hold him sitting out a year against him. Not exactly an attitude we want in our young locker room. He wanted more than his guaranteed $11 million or something.

I don’t have any problem with a player holding out to try to maximize their earnings. They only really get one shot at a max contact. The alternative is that they could easily be Dak Prescott

There’s hold outs and there is sitting out a year when the franchise tag you won’t sign is worth $14.5 mil (you got me to look up). Max contract would have been there the next year and he could have spent a couple of mil on an insurance contract to get the same if a bad injury happened.

I don’t have a problem with that either

This is when they make their money

But make no mistake about our, it was detrimental to the Steelers and you are inviting that into your lockerroom

I don’t think Bell is a jerk or anything bc of it. It’s not personal to men. But it’s potentially hurtful to a team

I’m going to make a political post

So everybody brace yourself and clutch your panties

But don’t worry I’m being careful not to say something biased one way or another so I don’t invite a discussion that never ends on everyone’s opinion

I just got a text from the Workers Family Party that informed me that I don’t have to vote democrat if I want to vote for Biden. He’s on the WFP ballot line too

Also Donald Trump is on the republican ballot and the “conservative” ballot

So it works both ways if Trump is your guy but you don’t call yourself a republican

I don’t know if this is jurisdictional or not

But for people like me that don’t want to pledge any commitment to either major party and wants to see a more diversity in our parties, but don’t want that vote to go in favor of the guy I oppose – this is a nice option

I thought some of you Independent types might want to know
    I think you can do it for either Biden or Trump

That’s the Election Pork Service Announcement for the day

Also I don’t know a thing about the WFP or the “Conservative” party
    So it’s not an endorsement of their policies
    But I always endorse breaking the hold of a 2 party system in the US

So this might work for me and I didn’t know about it so I figured others who felt the same about independence might want to know

I can’t say because I have never voted in an election, but aren’t the candidates always separate? (I mean can’t you vote for the presidential candidate you want without voting for ALL republicans on the ballot or all democrats on the ballot?

I don’t seen ANY benefit in this information you just put out? My response to the entire post is “no shit!”

Am I wrong? (Again, Never voted)

Yeah they are separate

But that’s not the point

The difference is you are building the volume of 3rd party votes without voting in favor of the guy/gal you hate

plus votes are anonymous so you don’t have to ever worry about “calling yourself” one thing and voting another direction. There is no one to call you out on it. .

Pig the only thing that could be is jurisdictional cause each state sets up their voting in their own way. Might be these parties have nominated Biden and Trump on their straight line ballot hit to get people to go that way, but man would I be careful. And it would only work on a party straight line ticket. Don’t think we even have that in FL.

Which party gets on the ballot is definitely jurisdictional

There may not even be Working Family or a Conservative party in the FLA ballot

States set rules of who gets on ballots so I’m pretty sure it might vary state to state

But it’s available in my state

Up to you my friend. Think you got a political marketing pitch from the Workers Family Party….. and I’ve never even heard of it.

A thought just occurred to me. I had forgotten about the games being moved to Tuesday last night and didn’t think about this until just now.

Where were the games televised? (what networks?) You would assume that the networks would have already had the Tuesday night time slots filled before the NFL decided at move things at the last minute. What gives the NFL the right to preempt another show’s time slot?

I can imagine being really frigging pissed off if my favorite show was on Tuesday night and I tuned in to find NFL football playing when I was wanting to watch the regularly scheduled program.

Anyone here know how that worked?

Televised on CBS. The decision to broadcast the game is the network’s decision

Money talks BS walks, the NFL has clout, because of higher ratings. When they tape regular primetime shows they’ll do a certain amount for a season, then they’re flexible when each show airs, even at the last minute.

“Shit. I just found out that I killed Osama bin Johnson. Drinks are on me, I guess…”
    —– The SEAL who killed Obama responding to Trump retweeting conspiracy theories that bin Laden is still alive.

Have we gotten confirmation on Godchaux’s injury yet?

I heard he was getting a 2nd opinion but that’s not great news anyway

Piggy,

Thanks for the update. I’d love to see 4+ Parties in the US with more clout than the Green, Libertarian, etc. Maybe start the Donald J Trump Party…do you want me to send you an invite?

Yes, send it to my toilet where it belongs…

New Age — been seeing the 2-party system breaking down for a while. And think that Trump’s base will be a force going forward. Can easily see it breaking off from the GOP and setting up as it’s own force. Can also see the rest of the GOP and the centrist Dems getting together while the Progressives do their own thing on the other side.

107. bailbondmike says:

Maybe they bring up Benito Jones from the PS.

“I’m sure Noah is capable of doing it. But one thing you have to be careful of — with a guy like Noah or any young player — is putting too much on their plate too soon, which gets them to hesitate and play slower. Noah is a developing player for us. He’s done a good job with the reps he’s had so far. Right now, he’s more of a perimeter guy for us [behind] Byron and X in our defense. That can change throughout the season.”
    — DB coach Gerald Alexander on why he’s not getting switched to slot

I was just on a Zoom meeting and accidentally shared my screen while the blog was open on my “other screen” but it showed up on the meeting screen for a minute! LOL

I was SCRAMBLING to undo undo undo damnit! UNDO.

Regarding multiple parties in the government; I have a concern on the opposite side where we fore sure don’t want to have TOO MANY Parties. We could turn into something like Italy where there are 50+ recognized parties and they can’t get anything done or like Israel where they can’t “form a government” if they can’t get parties to align and have to go back to elections (I think it was Israel?) .

We’re a long way from that. Gonna take a lot to shake up how it works at the local and state level. My vision of how it starts is with a gangbuster third Pres candidate in the next election or the one after that. Talking Ross Perot on steroids.

Would like to see 3 legit parties not 50+. LOL

Historically even before the current 2 parties came to be America was essentially always a 2 party nation. It has almost always been 2 parties such as Federalists and the Democrats Republicans at the inception of our country. 3rd parties almost never gained traction or if they have it has been at the expense/downfall of another party

That is why it might not happen, but hard to miss the divides in both parties now. But maybe they stick together and the battle is in the primaries then they all kumbaya for the general election. The chance for something else if there though….. Trump showed that as he took the GOP hostage.

But it will still gravitate to 2 parties it just might be that one of the 2 current parties doesn’t survive

Oddly enough…. the new party that could rule is the Populist Party. Not sure if the Trump and Bernie folks realize how much they have in common.

My problem isnt that Trump is running as a republican, or Biden as a democrat, its because neither are worth voting for no matter what party they belong to. I want a fucking candidate that you dont have to hold back puke to push the lever for.

The biggest issue with party systems is the fact that they push the person through the primaries who they want as president for the sake of the party and not the best candidate. Every year it seems there are a lot better candidates on both sides but they never make it through he primaries because the parties are already picking their puppets. More parties doesnt help that as much as no parties. Maybe it should be a no party system, we could have a an elimination round )like voting in the primaries) dont move on to be part of the options at election time. 4 top guys move on to the presidential election and then even though the percentages could wind up with a 36% winner, thats the president. It surely would give us better options than we have been getting even though the process would be a bit more complicated.

In 2016 there was a long slate of GOP candidates in the primary. Same this year for the Dems. What happens happens. In one case you you got Trump in the takeover and in the other the middle of the road compromise guy. Not sure how you can do away with parties though.

New Age says:
    October 14, 2020 at 3:45 pm (Edit)
    RVSP going out

****

😂

In fairness, you should warn whomever is delivering it that I’m a pig and he may not want to go anywhere near my toilet

Rock: in response to games disrupting “regular Tv”

Most shows on Networks right now are repeats as Covid stopped all filming of new shows for a while.. the Fall season that usually starts Sept. are slowly coming on air now , some of the more popular are starting to air mid-late November .. so networks would have been quite happy to have something of interest on air

Saban tested positive for Covid

Stanger: FMU fantasy league isnt a no Trade league, just over the last few years with 8 teams there were just about always capable players available on waivers.. I’m always open to trade offers , just haven’t seen any come my way.. PS nice job advising PP This week , once the games got moved around I looked to see if had to save anyone , and without turning his team upside down for 1 week didn’t see much I could have done. You gave him one suggestion and he used it to perfection to Eke out a Win over YOU 👍😊

Know it is in the rules, just no one does it. Been in other leagues like that and just take it as the way it is. And yeah — stupid me gave Phelon great advice. 🙂

Ken

Although I agree with you about your two party system historical reference

I don’t care…..lol

I think if you look at Andrew Jackson’s philosophy and the Jacksonian that followed, they turned it up to 11

And imo an adversarial system works for our industry but not so well in politics

Rockphin says:
    October 14, 2020 at 4:14 pm (Edit)

I was SCRAMBLING to undo undo undo damnit! UNDO.

Now they all know that pork is murder and my plan to spread this message begins….

I see the NY Post has emails trying Joe Biden to Barisma, that he lied about. Faceplant and Twitter suppressing the story.

Holy smokes. Dodgers making a statement, lol.

Toba – Stanger is a gentleman and a scholar. Oddly enough, the Titans D was available as a free agent because I dropped them to pick up the Pats D.

Something I find very peculiar is how people hate the president, hate Congress on both sides of the aisle, yet they want to give govt more power.

Ben Shapiro

Steve, I hope you know my comment about “suppressing information and freedom of expression”, was agreeing with you.

For me it all starts there – individual freedom.

I understood. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone here apposed to it, yet they’ll vote for those that want to suppress.

• New Age says:

It’s unbelievable how much suppression FB and Twitter get away with. Sometimes I think we fool ourselves with how much we think China is different. Our leaders should have ended Section 230 six years ago. I wonder what size of bribe Big Tech gave to keep them compliant.

The whistle blower went to the FBI with the info, but they covered it up. Comey?

After nothing was done he went to Guiliani’s lawyer, that’s when the story came out.

We’ve seen the presidents that are all dapper like Obama. They play the part to the people, but behind the scenes they’re corrupt as hell.

Id rather have the buffoon, that is out of place as the face of the country, but gets results.

Enough of the corrupt politicians already. Biden is as swampy/corrupt as it gets.

Miami is one of his five fav landing destinations for Levion Bell.

Not sure what the source is or if it’s just BS speculation, but supposedly Bell will sign with the Chiefs, Bills, or Dolphins.

Lol at the dueling town halls tonight. Not sure which one to watch, but I do know Biden’s will be scripted and rehearsed, so not sure what good that will do to watch.

I dunno, some of his town halls have been pretty damn interesting. Depends if they hand choose the people and vet them before they ask a question because he has gone off script in a few of those.

I like the townhall format best of all, but not a doubt in my mind that questions are submitted by the audience and the ones the network finds interesting chosen. But that’s ABC and NBC in this case and not the candidates.

Ken says:
    October 14, 2020 at 6:00 pm

Saban tested positive for Covid
    ——————————————————
    His antibodies will have covid running laps if they miss an assignment. He doesnt have much to worry about. Not that i like the man but he can get a bunch of college kids to do what they are supposed to and that might be even more impressive then Belichick.

133. bailbondmike says:

Tim, more draft info for you. 😉 Two more RB’s to keep an eye for a later round pick are the duo from UNC. They ran all over #19 Virginia Tech last weekend. Michael Carter, 5’9″ 200 had 17 carries for 214yards, 2 TD’s and 1 rec for 15 yards. Javonte Williams is more of a bruiser at 5’10” 220 had 20 carries for 169 yards, 2 TD’s and 3 rec for 55 yards. Watching them, both have good vision and patience with a quick 2nd gear burst. Neither really have a 3rd gear as they both are around 4.5 40 guys.

Carter was a 1000 yard rusher last year and Williams just missed. This year both are on same pace. Might be a good idea to take a look at that UNC OL as well.

RIP Fred Dean — at 68 from Covid.

Out of all those places listed, we or the bills make the most sense, and i think if he wants to be the primary back, here is probably the most likely.

KC has a really quality RB on a rookie contract, it makes no sense to me that they would get him and pay him big bucks, nor for him to sign there and share carries with Edwards-Helaire. Bills have a pretty solid backfield too, as Singletary has been really good for them and they have Zack Moss and Yeldon behind him, one a rookie that has a lot of potential and another a former starter.

We have the easiest backfield to break into and take the top spot, but i doubt we give up much as far a big contract. Out of the 3 listed, i would think we would be the prime place for him and he for us, but i wouldnt be surprised if there were other places that he wound up going instead.

Bills and Chiefs don’t make sense to me either, at least from Bell’s standpoint. We already know he’d rather get paid than win as he went from the Steelers to the Jest, so it isn’t about just getting a ring. And if he wants to play, of those 3 teams, we make the most sense.

Of course, I’m not sure we make a lot of sense either. We suck at running the ball, and a lot of that is blocking. And we throw it a bunch because of that, so…

Don’t want him, even if understand on the cheap I should. He sat out a season cause of attitude….. he just got cut cause of the same.

I agree. I don’t think he brings anything positive to the team. He’s got 8 years on those legs already. He could only eke out 3.2 yards per carry with the jets last season. HIs best days are behind him. Pass

I agree, but apparently the team doesn’t.

CBS Sports has got to be wrong about this

“The 28-year-old running back is in the second year of a four-year, $52 million contract. Any team who claims Bell on waivers will be on the hook for his remaining salary. So far, Bell earned just over $28 million of that contract. That total represents nearly two-thirds of Bell’s career earnings after making just over $16 million during his time with the Steelers.”

Bell is a vested Veteran, he is a free agent the moment he is released. He will not go through the waver process. He can negotiate what ever he can get. No team is on the hook to pay him anything except the Jets. .

October 15, 2020 at 10:08 am
    Why would we want Bell? Makes no sense to me
    ____________________________________________

Not sure, but maybe…..just maybe because we…….

SUCK AT RUNNING THE BALL!

If we had a RB like Bell who can hit the holes a little faster and make the right cuts – the offense is a different animal

Right now we can’t run for shit

But Bell doesn’t hit holes fast. He has this crazy style where he pauses and picks the one he wants as they develop. It worked in Pitt, but they had a great OL. And what made it work was his great acceleration. Does he still have that?

October 15, 2020 at 1:33 pm
    I believe he is a pure FA now, but that the Jets will get credit against the cap for whatever he is paid by the next team.

Yes, there was off-set language in his contract. So whatever the new team pays him will be credited against what the Jets owe him.

It will have NOTHING to do with what the new team has to pay.

And that is why Bell will probably sign for the vet min, least for this season…… not exactly sure how that stuff carries over once a contract is done.

Anyone who wants to accept before the next page turn, I will bet $50.00 that Bell never sees the pro-bowl again. Hell, I will sweeten it. He will never break 1000 yards in a season again.

He is washed up and we should PASS.

I need

to force a page turn. LOL

NEW BLOG UP!!!