Week 9 – Dolphins @ Cardinals

Ah, how nice is it to ponder our team in Week #9 of an NFL season and not only be in contention for a playoff spot and the division crown, but to do so with a top rated defense and a promising young QB? C’mon, think about that and let it sink in. Forget about Tua throwing for only 102 yards, but think about this defense just 7 games into rebuild YEAR ONE and our defense, yes, the Miami Dolphins defense has given up the least points per game at 18.6 PPG. Incredible! I know some of you are worried about Tua but let it go man. NO matter who we drafted at QB you’d be feeling and thinking we made a mistake. If we took Herbert (who is playing well and looks good) you’d be thinking we screwed up. If we traded up and got Joe Burrow we’d be saying we mortgaged the future and gave up too much. If we waited to select Jordan Love we’d be saying we half-assed and should have gone all in on one of the upper echelon QB’s. Forget about that, we have Tua, and he’s got the talent to be great for us. Let it happen, and enjoy it!

Speaking of that defense, oh that defense. What a clinic they put on against the 5-2 LA Rams. Maybe Garoppolo wasn’t 100% but Goff was and that’s twice within a few weeks that we have flummoxed two NFC QB’s. Goff was pressured and harassed and hit all day long. Dolphins D forced 4 turnovers in all, 2 INT’s and 2 forced fumbles and recoveries, one for a TD on the strip sack of Goff by DE Emmanuel Ogbah (pictured above) and the TD return by LB Andrew Van Ginkel (also pictured above). Opportunistic they were, but there are some concerns. The Rams ran 90 offensive plays and had the ball for 36 and half minutes. 61 pass attempts and and 39 rush attempts. I comprehend that the score is all that matters at the end of the day, but I think we all understand this can’t happen week after week. The guys were exhausted, I saw several Dolphins barely able to get back to the LOS and get set in the 4th quarter, so this can’t continue. We need to get off the field sometimes, and the run defense is a concern. Teams look at film and find weaknesses and if the score is close enough, they will try and exploit our weak rushing defense.

The Arizona Cardinals are also 5-2, like the Rams were last week. They are coming off their BYE week and will be well rested and ready to go. We may catch a bit of a break because it appears as if Kenyan Drake may miss thye game which leaves the rushing in the capable hands of Chase Edmonds. The problem is, #29 doesn’t scare me as much as #1 on the opposing team does. We had tons of trouble with Cam Newton and the RPO but to be fair, that was game #1. This defense has come a long way since then. Still, Kyler Murray is a dangerous man when he’s running with the football, and in my opinion, much like Cam Newton, he scares me more running than passing. We have to be disciplined and we have to play better against that type of attack. We guessed wrong too often with Cam and the RPO, I hope we can do better with Murray. I’m also worried about sending too much pressure and having him find a hole to run upfield so we have to be cognizant of that as well. Oh yeah, and the Cards have DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk and Andy Isabella. The Cards are top 10 in points scored (8th at 29 PPG) and in points allowed (9th at 20.9) and have a +57 point differential. The Dolphins are 11th in PPG at 26.9PPG and as previously mentioned, #1 in points allowed (I like saying that!) at 18.6PPG, with a +58 point differential. Good news for Miami, rookie LT Austin Jackson has returned to practice. In his stead, veteran Jesse Davis has performed admirably.

The Dolphins offense will be somewhat of a mess due to the fact that their leading rusher Myles Gaskin is OUT and 3 week IR and it looks likely that backup Matt Breida (hamstring) may also be out or limited. That leaves only Jordan Howard (break in case of emergency), Patrick Laird and Savon Ahmed. I haven’t seen an injury report regarding FB Chandler Cox yet, and there’s always a chance both Malcolm Perry and Lynn Bowden get some touches in the backfield. We’re going to have to see more of Tua in this game, and I hope he’s up for the task. I know he has the talent and the confidence so let’s see some more of him please. I was perfectly fine with how things played out last week, there was no need to put any burden on Tua, the defense and ST’s like the wonderful 88 yard return for a TD last week, along with the Van Ginkel fumble recovery for a TD, but that won’t happen every week, and with the run game being at a huge deficit, it may be Tua time this week. Will #88 ever be a big part of the gameplan? I surely hope so, like Sonny said in “A Bronx Tale”, “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent, and the choices that you make will shape your life forever” Let’s make the right choice and get #88 the damn football!

GO DOLPHINS!!!

1,789 Responses to Week 9 – Dolphins @ Cardinals

Go …..erp…go……..hicup..erp….nope, nope I can’t do it.

GO DEFENSE!

2. Krishna says:

Lol….whatever I said was left on the turn. Fuck it.

You know the deal
    HOWIE’S LIST

🗿33-28 🐬

4. Krishna says:

I just saw a comment that the Dolphins are playing over their head. Really?

I don’t get that. Stepping up?

5. Krishna says:

Does anyone think the Dolphins have been overmatched in any game this year?

I don’t. For the first time in years. I think I’m in koolaid territory.

Stanger. Wife and I discussed it , she will leave her DST in , as opposed to benching them and winning by 1 🤔🤡

HOWIE’S LIST

🗿33-28 🐬
    🦈 35-14 🐬
    🐃🐃 33-20🐬
    🤠 33 – 27 🐬
    🦍 31-24 🐬
    🐷 31-0 🐬

Once upon a time, I watched a Dan Marino lead Dolphin team beat the chargers in the playoffs 31-0

Fumble

Does anyone know why we traded Ford to Pats?

Time to break out a old favorite avatar

Think we are wearing throwbacks this Sunday

Best commentary ever:
    First announcer: do you miss Fireman Ed?
    Second announcer: no

Wow he got buried lol

That’s not using the helmet

Davis is fast

You might remember when I wanted to draft him

I think Gregg Williams put another bounty on every NE offensive player because the yets are popping people.

Td

TD Jets J-E-T-S

I think Tua is going to be pretty good. He scared me several times with some “Mr. Pennington-esque, noodle-armed throws”, but he’s still in rehab mode and without having gone through a rigorous off-season strength program (due to his rehab, coupled with COVID protocols).

This bodes very well for us. Why? Other teams will get Tua on tape in year 1… but he’s only going to get stronger and stronger, so you can throw that tape away. I do NOT foresee Tua suffering a so-called ‘sophomore slump’. He’s going to be on a curve that is so much higher than most.

I didn’t see any noodle arm throws. In fact Tua while on the run can throw darts right on the money. Because he’s a lefty and that has a different look, he reminded me of Steve Young at times. He has a knack for timing and touch and he’s very accurate.

To your 2nd point, that’s the scary thing, he’s a rookie and he’s going to get better because he’s his biggest critic. 🙂

I didn’t like how some of Tua’s throws got there, JUST in the nick of time before a defender could make a play on the ball. MAJOR props to our WRs for bailing him out a few times… or perhaps, Tua’s throws were just THAT accurate!

No worries here. As I stated, he’s going to get stronger (passing arm included) with a full offseason training program that was not afforded him this year due to rehab and COVID.

TUA ROCKS!!!

Maybe some of the media is still trying to downplay the Dolphins but I think the majority is very impressed with Flores and how we’re going about the rebuild. On Good Morning Football Kyle Brandt said something like now with Tua at the helm and Flores believing in him, they’re going to just keep winning and winning and winning. Look for Flores to be coach of the year.

• manitobafinfan says:

Hot on the heels of the “what is he thinking replacing fitz after 2 wins “ lol.

They have backpedalled saying I guess Flo knew what he was doing

Yeah when they come to the realization that Flores has a better handle on his team then they do. LOL

Never got into them and could not name a song if a gun were to my head ..

I think his two attempted throw always could fall under noodle arm.. he looked like he really didn’t want to toss either one

Oh okay. I don’t view it as noodle arm rather than not doing enough to make sure it’s thrown away. Yeah a little risky to not do enough on the throw. Got away with it though. Don’t do that again. LOL

Question for you guys,

Why can’t we run the ball this year? It seems as though we have BIG BOYS on our O-Line, which would make one think we could run SMASHMOUTH… but of course, that doesn’t always translate. Fact is, our O-Line is doing a GRAND job of protecting our QB, rather than run-blocking.

So is it that our O-Line just looks like it can run-block for our RBs… or is it just that our RBs suck? I haven’t an answer.

• manitobafinfan says:

Gaskin was doing an okay job, was hoping to see some Breida past Sunday but hurt..

Ahmed looked okay <no caps 🤔

Then there is Jordan Howard… like someone said I think we just need to stop signing Jordan’s…

LOL @ signing Jordan’s! Yessir, nothing good has come from us drafting or signing ANYBODY with the name Jordan… and there have been several.

Now that Gailey has found out about QB sneaks, we’re going to be just fine running the ball.

I think at times we run it well and other times we don’t. I think the OL is still a work in progress and we need more talent at RB. We don’t break big runs. We’re okay moving the sticks at times – 3, 4, 7 maybe 11. I’m sure that’s an area the team wants to improve in the offseason. At least this OL doesn’t get overrun like it had been in years past. We’re much more competitive this year.

M13, most throws in the NFL are in really tight windows specifically down the field unless someone is wide open and that’s usually because of a blown assignment. However, I do think Tua is that accurate. That throw to Gesicki down the field against the Rams that almost got picked off because Gesicki didn’t handle it, it was right on his hands and the old adage is that’s the receiver’s ball. Gotta catch it. Gesicki catches some passes that shouldn’t be caught but that one was on him. That’s how accurate Tua is. Scary!

I DO agree that Tua is THAT accurate… no question, man. But on that given play on the pass to Gesicki? DUDE… that Rams DB made one HELLUVA play on that ball. I don’t fault our guy Gesicki whatsoever… that was one of the better DB breakups of a pass I’ve seen all season, bud. Gotta give props to that DB (forget who it was).

In other words, that wasn’t on Tua OR Gesicki.

Fair enough but Jerry Rice would say I have to catch that and so would Gesicki. I’m not bashing Gesicki as much as I’m saying Tua put it where it needed to be. He gets picked there it still wasn’t a bad throw. That’s how contested a lot of throws are. The skill level to make them or defend them is insane.

I have liked his zip and accuracy. I remember 1 pass yesterday where I said to myself that was behind receiver, as opposed 3-4 per game with Fitz

Can you guys believe the Chargers traded Desmond King to the Titans for a late round pick? What was that all about? WOW… my guys King at CB and Kevin Byard at S.

Makes me very happy for Ryan Tannehill, to have a Defense to support him.

K Flacco long time consuming TD drive 👍👍

Flacco just punted so they don’t win this one. LOL

Someone put the word in, Joe what the hell are you doing? We need to lose.

Of course there’s a flag

My only concern with Tua is being able to handle getting knocked around at the NFL level long-term. All QBs get knocked around. That’s it. I think he checks off all the other boxes.

Newton’s boys told him, dumbass you’re only getting 1m quit running.

As I’m writing this I’m waiting for the flag.

Make up call

Incomplete

Wow Joe, you couldn’t throw the dropdown on 2nd down?

Sure seems like someone said, not to win.

Grounding

Fuck sakes

48. naplesfan2010 says:

The jest are EPICALLY BAD.

I hope Trevor says FU jets im staying in school.

• manitobafinfan says:

That would be cool lol

He can pull an Elway/Eli type of thing as well. There will be teams that will make that kind of trade.

That said, with a new head coach and a chance to get the Jets franchise back on the map is a very lucrative situation. I don’t know enough about Trevor the person if he even wants to be part of a NJ/NY lifestyle. It’s not for everyone. Heck, I’ve lived here all my life and I’m not sure it’s for me. LOL

• Rhino says:

LOL I’ve been thinking the same thing!!! Actually hoping their season falls apart and makes him want to stay.

50. Rhino says:

It seemed obvious that the Jets had not intention of winning this game. And now CAM acting happy and relieved to beat a winless Jets team.

I want a DO OVER for our game 1 vs Pats. In retrospect we should be embarrassed. Can’t wait to crush them later this season.

• manitobafinfan says:

I endorse this message

Yeah the loss to the Pats still pisses me off too. We weren’t ready out of the gate.

I felt that might be the case heading into the season with such a huge roster turnover and even a good amount of coaches. The Covid, no OTAs and PS. I said I could see us at 0-2, then 2-4 before we start winning some games. That was because I believe in Flores. So we went 0-2 and 1-3 before winning 4 in a row. Right on schedule. LOL

51. Rhino says:

The country had to suffer 2-5 Pats vs 0-8 Jets on MNF.
    Did anybody else watch this besides AFC East fans? and FFB (like either team had a player that should be in your lineup LOL).

Was actually a better game than I expected.. I do think Jets has a chance. And it would have knocked another 10 of 25 out of my Survivor pool .. so yes limited audio lol

53. Rhino says:

Flacco looks like a guy who just had parole denied… “2 more years with Jets, as backup”.

So as of now we’re #7 in the playoff race. Carry on with your playoff conversation because we are there now. 😉

Yeah, I don’t understand why we are shown in 7th instead of 6th.

Colts – 5/3 overall (.625) – 0/1 division (.00) – 2/3 conference (.40)
      Phins – 5/3 overall (.625) – 1/2 division (.333) – 2/2 conference (.50)

The Dolphins have the better record

We are in 6th place. Fuck NFL . com and their inability to add or subtract.

55. Rhino says:

As weird as it was cheering for Jets, in 2 weeks we will need to cheer for Pats again (vs Houston).

The dream of Houston getting top pick can’t overcome Jets/Gase futility. Even though we probably wouldn’t take a QB, we could EASILY have started a bidding war for teams to Trade Up for it.

Jackson – Hunt(Flowers) – Karras – Kindley – Sewell(Davis) gives Tua the line depth he needs to become MVP

I think Flores will have his pick of vet defensive players who want to play for him (just like last year).
    Hell, might even be another Pats player who says “f-ck this, I’m gonna play for Brian”.

So, I think cheering for #3 is realistic. Jets take Lawrence (who becomes damaged goods there), Jax takes Fields, then Sewell becomes the “best player drafted”.

“The Dolphins are suddenly looking pretty good in the playoff picture. After their fourth straight win, the Dolphins are 5-3, a game-and-a-half behind the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East. And check out the next four weeks:”

I guess I am not the only on that is wrong hun? Yahoo sports “doesn’t get it” either…..I just love being called out by U-40’s

Miami had the biggest Week 9 improvement in their playoff odds, according to Football Outsiders’ projections. The Dolphins now have a 56.2 percent chance to make it to the playoffs, up 18.4 percent from a week ago.

There has to be some garbage in those calculations! ONE non-conference win 1/2 way through the season doesn’t change odds 37.8 percent!

It brought Indy/Clev back to us and we passed them in the tiebreakers, so a big week for us.

• bookman11 says:

Probably because of positioning within the Conference standings week to week and maybe strength of remaining schedule factors in to their probability percentage?

And the direction of the team. Clev looks to be falling off again and Indy just played a head scratching game they dominated early at home, then shit the bed in 2nd half.

Yahoo Sports power rankings have us 13, behind Tampa, Rams, Indy and LV.

Starting to get tidbits on why Tua replaced Fitz. Tua 5 for 5 on TDs in the redzone, Fitz 57%.

You can say a lot of things about our team, but the fact that we’re in the top 10 in both offensive scoring and defensive scoring is the thing that jumps out at me the most. What a transformation!

It’s remarkable what Flores and Grier have done in a year and a half. We’ve been trained to think rebuilds take 3 years, and that you always have to start over again on year 4, lol.

63. bailbondmike says:

Happy Birthday to our Devel Dogs!! Proud of every time I got to serve with you men!

Speaking of the Marines, when you go back to the old wooden ships days, they were the first to go on to the other ship. Can you imagine leading the charge and a bunch of people just waiting for you to swing over swords drawn, pistols loaded and you swinging across a body of water into that fray?

Like i said about our team this year, i just wanted to see building off what they started at the end of last year. First couple of games, it didn’t quite look that way but the culture of this team is dramatically different and each and every game we play as a team not a bunch of scattered glory boys. This is everything i had hoped for and the W’s are a byproduct so im really happy with those.

“#3 pick would still likely give us our choice of best non-QB player. I’d love to get Sewell to add to our OL (Hunt can play G). He is considered the best OT prospect EVER (by PFF). Our OL vets are on 2 yr contracts (the length of the projected ‘rebuild’). Flowers, Davis, Karras are not in our plans long term other than backups when their contracts are up.”

Id rather have Leatherwood if we kick Hunt inside. He was Tua blindside protector and had he come out last year he probably would have been a 1st rounder, definitely nothing less than high 2nd. Id prefer us get Trey Hill however, UGA OC, and leave Hunt at RT, i think he has played very well there. Our OG situation is pretty solid. Either way, id probably trade the top pick as i dont see a player in that group that real screams select me for this team. Its a weak DE draft, and though there are some Dt’s i like there, im not sure we need a starter at DT to round out the defense.

Id like for us to get a 1st round WR, wouldnt mind a DT or DE/DT hybrid, or maybe a OT or CB prospect, but none of them would have to be top 5. Will have to see how some of the off-season stuff plays out, but right now that kinda where i am, and RB no later than 2nd.

Just my quick thoughts on the game:
    Playcalling was vastly improved for the most part. They did a better job of getting Tua into a rhythm early and allowing him to play better in the second half. I would like to see more times where we run the ball twice in a row and not some nonsense from the shotgun either. The QB Sneak was great. Drastically reducing the number of screens we throw was great as well.

Watching the game, you couldn’t tell Tua was a rookie. He made me forget that I was watching a kid in his second NFL start, not to mention, coming back from a major injury. Down by 7, about to go into the fourth quarter from our endzone, this kid converts the 3rd and 9 and then goes on to singlehandedly move us downfield for the tying score to some scrub tight end from special teams.

The defense made plays when it needed to and there were multiple AZ drives that were aided by poor officiating. The wheels on Kyler Murray are insane though. Any other QB and he’s sacked multiple times in that game.

In response to some comments made earlier, I think the biggest problem in our running game is the playcalling. Rarely do we see two runs back to back. We’ll get a good run on first down of 3-5 yards and then we’ll pass 2 times.
    I’m also not seeing a noodle arm. If the DB is that close to our receivers, it’s because we have the lowest yards per separation in the league or Tua is having to throw when breaking out of the pocket or under diress. If he had a noodle arm, the ball would get there later and the DB would be able to make a play, but the ball is on time and right where it needs to be and the DB can’t do a thing about it. Tua is also coming back from a hip injury and that’s where a lot of power from a QB comes from when throwing so we might be seeing some effects from that as well.
    Like everyone else, I hope this kid stays healthy and continues to improve.

D still has problems with mobile QB’s but not many dont have problems with Murray that little fucker is quick and fast. He’s like am early Russell Wilson with incredible athletic ability.

68. bailbondmike says:

RB Javonte Williams highlighted as one player who continues to improve his draft stock. (dammit)

Im a fan of familiarity because chemistry with a player is one of the ways that a Qb knows where to put the ball best because he understands and has familiarity with how the player moves in an out of their breaks, and how they run their routes. This doesnt mean he cant build chemistry with a new guy, but when ya have guys coming out in next years draft, why not integrate people that Tua is familiar with if possible, players like Waddle, Smith, or Harris. So not saying there aren’t a lot of other prospects, probably some that are going to be slightly better overall talent, but given the familiarity they will be more plug and play i think.

Its a deep RB pool this coming draft year too so there will be plenty to look at, and the good part of that is we can get the right guy at the right pick position.

Q now is whether Big Ben actually has it or not.
    ——————————————————-
    “The Steelers announced that in addition to tight end Vance McDonald, four more players in including quarterback Ben Roethlisberger have been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The same goes for starting linebacker Vince Williams who is also on the list.”

71. bailbondmike says:

D, I agree with your comments on the OL. I really like the OC from Ohio State but like you said we could draft one later in Hill or Dickerson. I almost prefer Alabama OC over Hill. Not just because Tua has that familiarity but I have read Hill does not have much versatility, meaning they don’t feel he could move over to OG if he had to.

If Houston wins a few more games, I could see them pulling the trigger on Waddle around 9-10. As of yesterday, thedraftnetwork has us picking at #7 and #20. One updated his 1st round mock and drafted MLB Parsons at 7 and WR Devonta Smith at 20. I would be good with that. I had always thought Smith was a better route runner than Jeudy.

I do like the idea a drafting someone Tua is familiar with at the WR position. RB, to me, does not matter as much. Though, in Tua’s case, being a lefty and having your former RB in Harris would be more beneficial than in other scenarios. Harris is great at pass pro and already used to blocking for Tua. I still don’t think it is as beneficial as drafting one of Tua’s former WR’s though.

I will be on the Najee Harris/Javonte Williams bandwagon all the way up to the draft.

Hopefully we can get Callaway going. I still can’t figure out why the eff we traded Isaiah Ford. Especially since our #1 and #2 are injury prone.

Same reason why Tua is playing, the guy being replaced is solid, but isn’t dynamic enough, and we want to get the dynamic (upgrades) guys on the field.

At this point, Grier and Flores have shown they know what they are doing, so obviously they have a plan, but we are thin at receiver. Neither of the supposedly dynamic guys Bowden and Perry have contributed squat. Callaway definitely has talent, but in Flores’ own words (paraphrased) he hasn’t seen him on the field. Hopefully we see Callaway this weekend.

Maybe 6’4″ 221lb Mack Hollins is the dynamic guy Flores thinks needs more PT. It’s hard to say what he’s thinking, but we sure have to believe he’s doing the right thing.

Next man up has been playing as if the guy being replaced was still playing, so might as well give the guy with more upside a shot.

This mostly seamless transition, when a player goes out with an injury or just replaced, has been amazing. We saw it for years in NE, now Flores has brought it to Miami.

I think the lack of…is why other Belicheat branches haven’t made it as head coaches.

Totally agree. We’ve heard about ‘next man up’ for ages, but we actually see it happen on this team, lol.

I’m still laughing at how when Flores was hired I was like “what the heck? Who the eff is this guy?” Oh, the guy who is on track to be the best coach the Dolphins have had since Shula. LOL

He has a few years before he passes JJ, but it’s looking good right now.

It’s funny, now that 2a has won his first 2 starts, but not so comical when he threw his first pass.

I joked 2 weeks ago about 2a having the same number as Garo saying, I hope he doesn’t throw like him, then his first pass fumbles up, just like Garo’s infamous pass😏

“That one scramble where he split those guys was exceptional. I don’t think any moment is too big for Tua.”
    — Ted Karras

That’s his version of the competitive spirit like Fitz brought. I think, if you stay in the pocket like Brady and Goff, you’re less likely to win an SB in today’s game.

Looked like Williams was really starting to click with 2a, then he goes down and Parker picks up the slack.

So why is it that Williams keeps getting the ball more than Parker? Is it because Parker is the #1 WR and is covered by CB #1?

If we get stuck at WR we can always use Gesicki full time out wide.

We still have a few more guys to go through to be stuck at WR. There are also a few out there looking for jobs right now, just ask Ocho he keeps saying he is better than most in the NFL and he is itching to get back into aqua and orange lol

Why are two Jags up for rookie of the week? Isn’t that competition just for NFL teams?

They had Jackson at left tackle, they move Davis to write guard, so I would assume Hunt is doing good at right tackle, that’s good because we have three veterans in the middle of the line

I like the QB sneak by Tua tagovailoa

Flowers had a great game

I hope we get breida back this week

We have to go up against kalen ballage this week. He may want some revenge

NFL says, if the reg season is cut short there will be 16 playoff teams.

I Kellen planning on bringing the heat??????

Without knowing am assuming that the Bolts have an OL that can open up holes. Ballage is OK once he goes through one of those.

I think their OL is middle of the pack Stanger.

How cool was it that Tua gave Flores the game ball on the field. Team first!

SN 8 star ship static fire ready to go

Anyone know why Imnotgoingtotryandspellhisname was returning kicks in the 2nd half?

I thought maybe when Williams went down they wanted to limit hits on Grant to make sure he didn’t go down as well, but I haven’t seen it even mentioned in any articles.

Replay starting on NFL network now!

Didn’t Grant catch a pass in the 2nd half?

Cool tune, I’ve heard it for years. A little too poppy but it is what it is. This was the typical sound at the time though.

HAPPY B-DAY to our MARINES!!!

It was Wilkins jumping on Williams that hurt him.

Wilkins you 340 pounds or whatever it fucking hurts when you jump on normal sized people.

It is all part of Wilkins’ diabolical plan to get snaps on offense. 😉
    Look coach, you are short handed. Let me go out on some routes. LOL

whale sounds

Son, not sure about the Didgeridoo but the bow on the guitar is a winner. Zep used old droning sounds from the Celts to Morocco. I think that was what brought me into the Zep experience. They were extremely diverse. When I got into them in 1979 all their albums were already made. It was like finding the Holy Grail. LOL

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 10, 2020 at 9:03 pm
    It was Wilkins jumping on Williams that hurt him.
    ______________________________________________

Roger Goodell is still limping also!

Thank you for your service and sacrifice!!

I celebrate for my grandfather on Memorial day even though he didn’t die in war, and instead passed away like 12 years ago. To me, this is for all those alive, which i know includes several of you here. So thank you for your sacrifice, thank you for the pride in your country enough to put your life in harms way to defend it. Service to this country is often mocked by its citizens, but not by this one.

Brian Flores Wednesday November 11 media availability thread
    8:20 AM · Nov 11, 2020·Twitter Web App
    Retweets
    Likes
    Travis Wingfield
    45m
    Replying to
    Coach on OL

It’s always an open competition. There are a few combinations we can go with — mentions Jesse Davis’ position flexibility as a big plus for the team.
    Travis Wingfield
    45m
    On hype

We understand it’s there. The only thing that matters is what’s going on in our building. I’m not sure how much anyone outside knows what’s going on – how we practice, how we prepare, how we meet. The only people that can truly evaluate how we do are people that are here
    Travis Wingfield
    41m
    Replying to
    Flores announces the Dolphins will place WR Preston Williams on IR
    Travis Wingfield
    36m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores on Tua and how he looks compared to college

Coach says he thinks Tua looks good. He hadn’t seen Tua utilize the dead leg move that he broke out on the scramble for a first down scramble. Physically, he looks good, coach says.
    Travis Wingfield
    38m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores says when someone goes down it doesn’t neccessarily work where a player suddenly goes from playing 10 snaps to 60 to fill in. Mentions splitting the reps, different groupings they can utilize.
    Travis Wingfield
    42m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores on what has impressed him most with Tua’s progress

Same thing he did early in the year. His preparation, his focus, the way he asks questions and wants to learn. All of that gives him an opportunity to have success.
    Travis Wingfield
    43m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores began his presser shouting out all veterans, including Dolphins assistant strength and conditioning coach Adam Lachance.
    Travis Wingfield
    40m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach says Preston is a big loss.

He’s made a lot of big plays for us. We have guys that will step in. Jakeem stepped in for him, Mack Hollins stepped in and made a big play.

110. bailbondmike says:

Here’s a golf shot for ya. Jon Rahm skips his ball across the water for a hole-in-one during his practice round at the Masters.

111. bailbondmike says:

Damn, Preston Williams to IR.

Fuuuuuck

Flores – “There are a few different ways we can do this,” he said. “We have tight ends and backs who can play. It doesn’t have to be three or four wide receivers. We’ll adjust if we need to.”

Minimum of 3 games he’ll be out. Time for Gesicki and hopefully Callaway to step up. At least it happened during our soft stretch of games and hopefully he’ll be back for the final 4 or 5.

We’ve been getting contributions in the passing game all year from multiple TEs, so f we do move Gesicki to WR that doesn’t necessarily hurt us. Between Smythe, Sheheen, and now Hollins hopefully we don’t miss a beat. Or maybe Callaway can come in and light it up.

We’ve been pretty lucky so far this year in regards to injuries. A lot of bumps and bruises, but no real major blows, so hopefully Williams will come back and not end his second season in a row on IR,

Thank you, Veterans.

DAMNIT WILKINS! CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM! Lose Williams for the year because a Defensive player had to celebrate a TD with the offense and injures the guy for the season! Damn damn damn!

Not necessarily for the year with the 3 game IR.

And speaking of that, this should be changed to a permanent way of operating. Having a 3 game IR designation and the changes to the practice squad really makes the roster more flexible. I really hope the league looks at some of the rules they implemented for this season, and considers keeping some of them in place.

Oh, I forgot they changed the IR rules this year. Just means he is out for at least 3 weeks. They can bring him back in 3 weeks. It is not necessarily a season ender now.

“Because the Dolphins are in “intense” COVID-19 protocol, the team held meetings virtually – instead of in person – on Wednesday and scheduled a walk-through instead of a full practice.”

Not enough practice time as it is, so it sucks we miss a practice day. But on a positive note, none of the players got the virus, so looking good that it won’t affect our gameday roster.

Miami’s 18.3 scoring average in the first half leads the NFL.

The Dolphins have outscored their opponents by 61 points this season, the fifth-best point differential in the NFL

–The Dolphins have scored at least 21 points in the first half of four games in a row. They’ve done that only once before, in 1977.–

They mentioned that during the broadcast. My wife looks at me and goes “Really? Even with Marino they’ve only done that once before, and in the 70’s?”

I freakin love my wife. She’s a badass and knows her football.

Williams didn’t get hurt in the celebration, it was on the twisting tackle.

That’s my opinion too. It looked like he limped a bit when he first got up, and you could see the twist on the tackle. I think with the adrenaline rush, it was just a delayed reaction before it fully hit him.

I’ve seen it mentioned in more than one article on more than one site about how Flores was the one who called the QB sneak at the end of the game. Considering Gailey’s idiotic inability to recognize it as a viable play, I do wonder if the call came in from Flores or if it is just the U75s giving Flores the credit for playcalling.

We did call a timeout right before the play, so Flores might have called it from the sideline. Also, I think it was brilliant that we had Jordan out on the field at the end of the timeout, then had him trot off the field for that play. That probably threw the Cards off and made them think we might stretch the play or go tricky instead of right up the gut. If Howard stays in there, they probably crowd the middle.

I’m watching the game again, and that drive by Tua to start the 4th was pretty fantastic. First was the dart on 3rd and 9 from inside our 10. It’s a perfect throw in a tight window. If it’s not ap erfect throw, it could be a pick-6.

Then on 3rd and 4, the Cards have a free rusher right up the gut, and Tua makes him miss, then he splits two defenders to pick up the 1st down. Both of those plays were outstanding, but he saved the best for last with the TD throw to Hollins.

Amazing drive in the 4th with us down 7 needing a score. Only his 2nd game…….

• sb7mvp says:

This was what I was talking about yesterday. It’s hard to believe it was his second start. I’ve seen too many savvy veterans make drives like that.

Watching that drive, you’d never guess you were watching a rookie. And he damned near finished the game off on the next drive after we stopped them on 4th down.

Grant’s route took him short of the sticks by half a yard on 3rd. If he breaks that route off a little bit further downfield, we get the first and start taking the Cards TOs.

He looks like a 10 year vet for parts of the game

It feels like we signed a free agent to play QB rather than draft a rookie who we need to bring along.

Some of this stuff just seems to come natural to him

Remember lead a comeback win in the national championship a year removed from high school!

Getting angry all over again at the terrible job these refs did. These guys really did suck at their job. And how does Lofton call the facemask pretty obvious on the replay when we can clearly see Wilkins had the shoulder, SMH. These announcers were almost as bad as the refs.

Sieler has been a great rotational piece on our line and was the main tackler on the big stop on 4th down late in the 4th.

And we’re damned lucky Gesicki didn’t get injured on that big catch late in the 4th. He was pulled down awkwardly and came down with his leg pinned underneath his body.

Not shocked about Williams to IR, foot injuries are some of the worst you can have, they linger and linger and linger, in fact if i might dedicate a song to them…..

Thats what kept Devante from taking off sooner in his career too. I hope its not too severe.

Parker broke his foot though. Was releved Preston only sprained his, butt guess a high ankle sprain can keep you out 4– 6 weeks.

Sprained foot means he partially tore some cartridge in it. Its still going to take a while i think, out for only 3 weeks i think is very optimistic.

I don’t know if you guys remember the screening type pass early in the game to Smythe

But it was like his 3rd option on that play, and Tua quickly went through his progressions and found his TE so his TE could make the most out of the ply after the catch

It was one of my favorite plays last Sunday

I also was a fan of that pass in the 4th qtr to set up the winning FG to Gesicki

And of course most of the plays in the aforementioned drive

Lots of good plays to pick from

The one to Smythe you mentioned and the TD pass to Hollins were both excellent plays, decision making, ball placement, ball velocity, all really spot on. The grant pass was really good too, though i definitely think with a little more time throwing to him, that throw is a little more in his catch radius where he can turn it into YAC

Lofton with the brilliant call on the Cards not converting on 3rd right before the missed FG – “If you had Kenyon Drake, whos out, a bigger RB, I think they you run him between the tackles.”

DOLPHINS WIN!!!!

WOOHOO!!

Damn, i was hoping we would the second time around, but that shit seems to always hang in the balance right down to that game winning drive. Nail biter. Glad your second time watching was like mine.

What i dont get though is Tua still tried to give the game ball to Flores even though it wasn’t his first come from behind winning drive the second time i watched it. Talk about sucking up to the coach.

Here’s to getting more wins from Tua that aren’t from replays.

Is it game day yet?

By the end of the game it looked as if Tua had caught up to the speed of the game

November 11, 2020 at 12:26 pm

Hey — Tua woudn’t have even been playing if the coach didn’t make a tough call.
    —————————————————————–
    Yeah but i mean, he does it game day and the he doesn’t it when i watch the game the second time, thats some serious suck up.

Somehow i think Stanger is too straight laced to get the abstract artwork that is the wall paintings of my brain. Sorry man sometimes its a Jackson Pollack up in there.

LOL — I am a point A to point B guy. More than glad to get on one of your points for the ride though. 🙂

The one questionable play Tua made was the out of bounds “interception”

He should have chucked that into the stands
    I’m sure the coaches mentioned it to him

Is Herbert a threat to run with the ball? I know he’s nothing like Murray, but is he a runner, say like Tanny?

Id say thats a pretty good comparison, maybe not as dynamic at seeing running lanes in the traffic though. He’s going to bail on the run soon as things close in, where as Tanny probably could make a few extra yards out of the play.

Herbert is fast and ran very well in college. He had over 100 yards on ground in Rose Bowl along with 3 rushing touchdowns but he is not as elusive as Murray

He’s pretty athletic

I don’t think he’s on par with some one like Murray or even in the same class as Tannehill

I think he’s probably a rung below those two or to use another example, not as athletic as a Josh Allen

But he’s no cement shoe wearer

Speaking of Debbie Cakes, i just found out the oatmeal cream pies have a 13 year expiration date. Not quite a twinkie but thats pretty up there.

“NFL owners on Tuesday unanimously agreed to expand the playoffs from 14 to 16 teams — or 7 to 8 teams per conference — if meaningful regular-season games are canceled because of COVID-19.”

Sounds like they don’t have have any wiggle in the bye weeks left. Also means they will not delay the playoffs to finish any canceled games. Also sorta leaves the Phins hoping games do get canceled.

Cerveza 🍺

Saw it before, but could have sworn it was only proposed at that point before the approval yesterday. But heck — getting me to buy a beer for someone is not real difficult. Kinda of guy who fights for the check.

A lot of criticism directed as Herbert before he was drafted was just sloppy criticism and way off

He’s proving a lot of people wrong

But I do think the one thing that jumped out to me that was valid criticism is that he was sometimes late to make the throw

It doesn’t seem to have caught up with him yet, and maybe he just took it too another level for the pros – but I can see that this might be a game for our defense to have multiple interceptions

I like Herbert and I like seeing him prove people wrong bc frankly, a lot of “experts” are just blowhards

But, with this defense, I think it’s possible that we got very him his worst game

It’s really not a great matchup for the chargers
    They are coming to the east coast with a rookie QB vs an aggressive defense
    They’ve lost a lot of close games on one play

But their turnover ration is -3
    Ours is +5

The 🐷 prediction was 31-0 🐬
    I’m half serious this week

He does tend to hold the ball along time and he does take his fare share of hits because of that

I really havent watched him in the nfl

But I don’t mean holding the ball too long, I meant at Oregon, even with a clean pocket he was often a hair late at it caused his receivers to adjust to make the catch, prevented YAC, and allowed collegiate DBs to make quick tackles

He’s really accurate on deep throws
        It’s just that mid range stuff, where he’s a hair late with the throw

I don’t know if it’s a thing in the pros but it’s why I heard a lot of analysis projecting him to struggle when he got to the pros – as it turns out, he’s not struggling so 🤷‍♂️

I’m hoping to see a game this weekend where the difference between Tua and Herbert on this particular aspect, is notable

OMG they are showing Fins vs Arizona again!

I wonder who wins this time?????? 😉

With williams injured for at least 3 weeks Callaway will have to step up.
    He’s probably the best wr on the team not named devante parker

144. Krishna says:

Everyone’s talking about Tua and he made some great plays with his legs and arm.

The defense made the stops at crunch/crucial times to allow the win. I don’t know who thumped Kyler Murray on 4th down, but to me, that was the play of the game. Murray looked stunned, because he was!

145. Krishna says:

I was pretty sure Preston Williams ankle got twisted up on a tackle near the goal line. He limped off after that play.

146. Krishna says:

I think I’m starting to like this defense. It has its weaknesses, but they are ballers.

If only they wouldn’t let QBs rush for 100 years against us….

147. Krishna says:

And 7 of points in last week’s game was courtesy of D. Without that score, Dolphins lose.

Did I say I’m starting to like this defense.

I don’t want Miami to draft anyone in the first round who opted out.

There’s a couple of really good prospects that opted out

Some of the most talented guys had less to prove this season when they made their decisions

From Sunday — imagine if had been a home game.

Stanger – Been worse the last 24 hours than it was Monday & Tuesday. Pretty much a non-event here on Sugarloaf. Upper keys got some damage around Matecumbe and there is some flooding on Key West but all good here. Thanks for asking.

November 11, 2020 at 2:55 pm

Stanger is the guy you have to go “Hey! WTF IS THAT!??!?? and when he turns his head to look slip a C note into his pocket and run before he knows you did it. Bastard won’t take your money! LOL
    (JK on the bastard part)

Am what I am Rock, and thanks. Not as big an issue now but when was young would always go to places where could get anything on the menu instead of a fancy place where could only order the chicken and one drink.

And that always included taking care of my fair share of the bill. Ever started the check around in a big group and have it come back short?

LOL Every time! Everyone goes…hhmmm let’s see I had this and this. and forget the tax and tip!

• Krishna says:

You and I are on the same page stanger. Hell, we almost got after it when I suggested we (including our wives) go to a place I used to go to in HS at the next fest.

My invitation (includes paying) and you were already offering to pay. Lol.

• Krishna says:

Loved that, but would not have allowed it.

Let’s fight! Lol…

Krishna — maybe we’ll find out some day who is better at taking care of the check….. would be a fun evening regardless.

• Krishna says:

Yessir, hope I get see that.

Tax and tip included!

Piggy – IMO, guys who can sit for a year love the thought of the money more than they love the game.

99% of them do it for the money, some also love the game and wouldn’t sit out because they wanna be out there. I agree with Piggy some of those guys didn’t have anything to prove, and i am actually a fan of them skipping non-essential bowl games because there isn’t really anything in it for them or the team to put themselves at risk (money is already split win or lose between the two participating teams). Skipping the whole season, skipping the chance to improve their game acumen by playing and thinking working out harder, etc will keep them at the same level, thats just not the case so they basically set themselves back some, they would have gained more from playing and i know this as a former player.

Williams likely did get hurt on the tackle but if watch the replay, and it’s been shown enough, when Wilkins jumps on him that whole side of his body collapsed. It didn’t help matters that’s for sure.

Anxious to see if Caldwell can contribute, he’s lightning in a bottle if he can find his UF form.
    I want to see Perry get a few more chances, we’ve only seen him in crowded areas I’d like see him get some space and see if he can make some guys miss.

If he lives up to his potential he is the best WR on our team. Problem is you have only seen flashes of it at this point, and he keeps derailing himself. one of those guys you have to say needs to learn how to get out of his own way.

• Krishna says:

Yeah I don’t remember Williams crumbling, but seeing Wilkins in TD celebration-i loved it. I was thinking at the time, mother fucker is an excitable mother fucker!

Perhaps Williams was just in protective mode since he knew he was already hurt.

I have a hard time faulting Wilkins this time.

pheloniusphish says:
    November 11, 2020 at 3:40 pm

I don’t want Miami to draft anyone in the first round who opted out.

November 11, 2020 at 3:49 pm

There’s a couple of really good prospects that opted out

—————————————————————
    I dont see any that opted out that are big leaps ahead in talent than those that didn’t. Basham and Tyron are as good a pure DE prospect as Rosseau (none of them at top 5 worthy imo), Parsons is only slightly better an option than Dylan Moses out of Alabama. Gainwell out of Memphis is a great back but Harris is everything he is and has familiarity points having played in the backfield with Tua.Hill really is as well, and there are several other RB that didnt sit out that are just as good. Chase at LSU is a helluva receiver, but Waddle and Smith out of Alabama are both as good and again, Tua has chemistry with them already.

Im with you, except for the reasoning, i dont think you can eval them for growth, that all of them needed, without them playing. With all the head start they are getting im sure their underwear Olympics numbers are going to be awesome, but as far as im concerned them not playing the season knocks a half round eval off them easily.They are riskier selections for not playing and showing us how they improved their game, therefore how coach-able, etc they are.

D – I agree with your reasoning, just too lazy to type all that. So I opted out.

Regarding Callaway, we’ll see. I trust Coach Flo to get him on track or move him along quickly. No messing around. Callaway isn’t as fast as I thought – 4.41 40 at the combine. But he was pretty good for the Gators.

He is like several players, he is more football fast than he is straight line speed fast.He can get behind defenses really quickly, and yeah he was great for the Gators when he was out there, had he not derailed himself, he was probably going to be one of the best to have ever played there.

What is the prevailing opinion on Tak McKinnley? I think there were some here who liked him in the draft.

He has really slid.He was playing pretty well when he first was on the team but he just seems to have slid into mediocrity. I wasn’t a big fan of him in college so i cant talk of they hype behind him but year i think a lot here wanted us to draft him.

He had 6 sacks and 7 sacks in his first couple of years

Then faded fast

Drafting pass rushers can be hit or miss

This last thing that got him cut (i think it was coming anyways) was that he tweeted and slung mud at the Falcons and made some private conversation public so they cut him. He seemed way more proud of the 17.5 sacks he has had in his career than they were too lol. Granted, like i said above, most of those came early and it hasn’t been much in the past year or two.

Also next year he is up for contract so they just cut bait before off-season where they wouldn’t have re-signed him anyways. Which also means they didn’t think he would get them anything in compensation picks either.

Not like am in favor of looting, but this would let some dude with an AR-15 pick them off at 200 yards. Doesn’t seem to be much stand your ground about it.
    —————————
    Florida governor Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation to include looting in expanded “Stand Your Ground” laws that would increase protections for a shooting defense to riots.

It would add looting the list of “forcible felonies” to justify the use of force against people who commit a burglary within 500 feet of violent or disorderly assembly, according to the “anti-mob legislation draft” obtained by The Miami Herald.

There needs to be some sort of connection to the person who shoots the rioter and the property thats being looted or where rioting/looting is a threat to their property. I mean just hauling off and popping a cap in a person or group of people because they are looting/rioting and you have no connection to the area basically would mean its a hunting season not a stand your ground.

I’m not for people shooting other people either, or laws to make that easier in unjustified cases, but as a looter/rioter you are pretty much putting yourself in harms way despite the legality of it, so to me the law say, not in Florida or your changes of dying just jumped 10 fold and i think that in the cases where protecting yourself and your property, it should be extended to more than just your house and car, people lose everything in those riots, they should be able to protect against that.

What needs to happen is the National Guard steps in and stops it. Not this kids gloves approach that some of these governors and mayors take.

Tim, the point of the law seems to be, to take the couple in St. Louis as an example, once the mob got close enough to them they should be able to unload on them.

Put the law in favor of the law abiding citizens and not the mob, so give those in the mob something to at least think about or put fear in them.

RIP George Hill
    First Head Coach of the Dolphins

I’m all for shooting looters once they cross the threshold. This is the point of when the government can’t protect you. Once they cross your threshold it is no longer a property crime. If you stand against them your life is in danger and you are entitled to use deadly force to defend your life.

National Guard is not meant as defense against insurrection and lawlessness. If you can’t defend yourself you are a volunteer not a victim.

The National Guard was called in early on during the pandemic at a community college in NJ that was doing COVID testing because people were cutting lines and trying to enter the campus through a residential road that was off limits.

So if that’s not their role during riots and looting, call in the army or some other force to end it.

• pheloniusphish says:

Posse Comitatus prohibits the use of the military to enforce law within the the borders of the country. Rightfully so.

• pheloniusphish says:

Point is you can’t count on the government to protect you. Nobody is getting issued pocket policemen. If you can’t defend what is yours – property, life, family – then it is not yours.

• Krishna says:

Agree pp.

• Krishna says:

Not a fan of any militia putting back peaceful protest. Waving guns and walking streets because you can and killing people at 17 when you live in another state is bullshit. That’s not defending ONEself.

Responsible protest is our right.

Factions of violence should not be tolerated.

Gandhi was a master of peaceful protest, so was MLK.

162. Krishna says:

I just said that. What part did you not get? Gandhi or MLK?

Krishna – You and I are the essence of America. We are on opposite sides of the political spectrum in many ways yet we we can find ways and places where we have commonality.

Phish, I’m not going to state I know as much as you about the armed forces. Other than it becoming a shooting gallery with citizens unloading and not everyone knowing who’s who in street clothes, what would you do to squash rioters/looters?

• pheloniusphish says:

Like I said, once someone crosses your threshold they are a looter and your life, and your family’s, is in danger. That includes rioters that throw Molotov’s and bricks.

I get that but that’s not the scenario I’m talking about. Protecting yourself, family, home, business etc. I get. Walking the streets armed and shooting at each other is a totally different thing. At least law enforcement or armed services look the part and you know who is who.

• Krishna says:

Tim, just sure that you know there was militia and unmarked cars and uniforms taking people away. I’m sure you are aware of that.

That fucking scares me more than anything.

165. Krishna says:

And, to be clear, I meant that in the highest regard. Sometimes I overthink things.

Krishna, so what’s the solution to protect innocent citizens?

If somebody is looting and burning and threatening someone’s property or person.

why would anyone care if they got shot or not??????

That’s not what I’m taking about. I have no problem with that. You live by the sword you die by the sword. I’m talking about citizens going on the offensive which we all know happens and will continue to happen – with innocent people getting caught in the crossfire. Kind of like gang drive by shootings.

You better hope you elected officials are up to the task you elected them for!

Because they should take care of that type of situation before it comes to all out war!

I hope by you that means in general including yourself. I didn’t vote for people who allow that shit to happen. I believe defense is the first order of government, not sympathetic, bleeding-heart sensitivity towards vandals. No country can withstand that. Nobody excels in constant chaos.

This is why I like coach Flo.

169. Krishna says:

Solution? Love?

Stoking fires, resentment, lies and misleading rhetoric, victimization, racism, conspiracy bullshit, greed, power, yadda, yadda is a waste of energy, imo, unless you willfully want to promote it.

If you think the path Trump laid out from his inaugural speech was constructive and unifying, you may never understand me. If you think his tenure promoted any path to being the United States, again, you will never understand me.

And, then you ask how do we protect ourselves as citizens? People listen and believe shit that comes across as “dirty laundry”. Half of you on this blog love sucking on this tiity. It’s divisive.

Change it. Start over.

The people in this country have spoken, both popular and electoral, by more than 50 %. They’re tired of it and so am I. Although, I was never a fan from the beginning. You get what you pay for is how I accepted it.

I don’t ever remember any rioting 4-12 years ago. Maybe, that’s self-inflicted.
    But, enough is enough. Peace man.

Solutions? Love?

• Krishna says:

That was to Tim knight around 8:21. Lol…sorry.

I didn’t mention Trump. If you think this country’s current state is about him I might have to start calling you Rip Van Ginkel. 😉

• Krishna says:

I know and I hated using that, but it starts at the top in our nation of citizens. It’s visceral. I think his entire demeanor has raised the level of risk/violence/tenor amongst citizens. Call me crazy, but I think there is a real agitation initiated from the top.

You asked for a solution. Change leadership is a start, imo.

You missed my point, too. Thought/suggestion is powerful. As the most powerful person on the planet. Be humble and try to bring us together. Don’t promote divisive rhetoric.

Don’t you think that would help protect citizens? It’s part of the solution, imo.

I feel you Tim.
    But fortunately for me The ones I voted for won.
    And they won’t play that game!!!!!!

WELL WE SURVIVED another tropical system here on the west coast of Florida. Very little meaningful damage in Tampa Bay, altho’ a twister reportedly landed near Sarasota and messed things up quite a bit. Local channels carried hurricane updates all day and cancelled most regular programming – – – to the chagrin of those who watch soaps, quiz shows, and various talk and “entertainment’ gossip shows. One local channel reportedly got “THOUSANDS” of negative calls from outraged housewives. THIS STORY drowned out a local report that local rate of positive virus tests rose substantially about a week after Trump campaign held a rally at Raymond James Stadium featuring many thousands packed-in like sardines without hardly a face mask to be seen. This hardly qualifies as news since we all know (or SHOULD KNOW) that this kind of behavior, whether on a college campus or at a political rally usually causes these spikes in virus positivity rates. DUHHHH!!!
    —————————–
    RE-WATCHED most of the Arizona-Miami game last night. I came away with the feeling that, when the chips are on the line, the Flores-Tua combination usually COMES UP BIG!!! It was a fantastic performance by the good guys. Losing Preston Williams for at least 3 games is going to hurt. But the resourceful Flores knows how to press the right buttons and, totally out of the blue, Hollins catches Tua’s perfectly thrown touchdown pass!!! When Williams returns for the stretch run, this Dolphins team will be VERY DANGEROUS!!
    —————————
    Switched channels briefly last night to watch Ken Burns’ classic “BASEBALL” segment on the fixed World Series of 1919. It’s hard to believe this 7-part series came out 26 YEARS AGO in 1994!! – – It is truly a classic of film making.

Seems like Shoeless Joe Jackson went back to his place and showed his wife the $15,000 cash bribe he received for helping to throw the series. To her ever lasting credit, she responded “What a terrible thing to do!” And so, the title of this segment was “What A Terrible Thing To Do!” –Despite the naming of Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis to the newly created job of Commisioner of Baseball, the public remained extremely skeptical of baseball’s legitimacy. Baseball’s popularity sank to an all-time low. But, a year later (1920) baseball was saved by the greatest professional athlete of his time, the one and only BABE RUTH!! By 1921, the Yankees were drawing immense crowds of over 70,000 to see the Bambino!! He responded by hitting an unimaginable 59 home runs, more home runs than any other TEAM in baseball!!

THAT is something you will NEVER see again!!

ALSO LEARNED during that segment that RUTH keyed the Boston Red Sox victory in the 1918 World Series by throwing TWO 9 inning shutouts in that series. Soon after Ruth was sold to the Yankees. And the Red Sox, who won 5 of the first 16 World Series, would not win another WS FOR THE REST OF THE 20th CENTURY!!!

The last 4 years have been a temper tantrum by liberals who didn’t get what they wanted. Trump is an ass hat…but that is no excuse for what those who don’t like him have done. They have been the ones who are divisive. Acted like spoiled 3-year olds in the grocery who didn’t get the candy they liked.

• Krishna says:

Let’s just say it’s been a war from the beginning. Both sides have cause.

That’s not a recipe for protecting citizens.

Let’s start over and try something different.

Tim – I get what you are saying. But when your government has failed at its fundamental purpose – providing security – what are citizens supposed to do? When society fails tribes prevail.

Sadly that is it. I thought we were past that. My bad. My trust in people sometimes punches me in the stomach as too gullible. It’s a problem with a positive nature. Sometimes you miss things. I don’t want to go dark too soon because that day will someday come for sure.

wyoming85 says:
    November 11, 2020 at 9:50 pm
    I’m not talking about Biden!
    It’s your mayor, city counsel, and Sheriff that should take care of riots and unrest.
    ——————–
    Your sheriff is your last line of defense when your mayor and city counsel fail you. In many ways, your sheriff is the most important person in local elections.

pheloniusphish says:
    November 11, 2020 at 10:00 pm
    Gotta quit letting the extremes of both sides drive the conversation.

Been saying that for years. We’re not evolved enough as humans to decide what’s best for humans.

That said, I’m happy to have experienced it. Think about it, you were born at the top of the food chain for the most part. That’s a blessing however you view that. If this is your one life – thanks universe! I have no idea what some new and approved other options would have been available, it wasn’t my decision. 🙂

Wtf, 2020 snuck in like a ninja and took Alex Trebek too? Wtf. Sean Connery and Trebek now doing SNL skits in the sky.

Piggy,

To move back to football, I’m one of the ones who was most against Herbert and while I’ve been very wrong so far, one of my major complaints was exactly what you mention…being late on throws. I didn’t think he was dumb but maybe a perfectionist looking too long for the best option or just thinking too much overall. No clue if either of those thoughts are right but he’s had that late issue during all of college. I also didn’t like his lack of output for large, extended timeframes but that could have been poor coaching, bad WRs, etc.

While he’s looked phenomenal so far, I wonder if a year’s worth of tape changes things for him by significant margins. I hope not. I really like Herbert the person and hope he finds success….just not as much as Tua.

Other than durability, I see Tua becoming a top NFL QB the next decade. He processes quickly, he’s mobile, and can make whatever throw he wants to make. Can he handle the pounding when things break down? The great ones do and have. That’s his only con for me.

Go Tua… go Phins!!!!!

• New Age says:

Yeah, a lot of the newer QBs will have to answer that in the next decade. Will Tua, Murray, and Jackson thrive into their thirties? I think Tua has the best chance due to that amazing accuracy and being less of the critical foundation for the offense.

I don’t think the late on throws criticism suddenly fixed itself in a year

We will see this Sunday
      But that was legit criticism against Herbert At Oregon IMO

But it can be corrected

Tua has been most impressive in his ability to see the field. He is not a runner. He is always looking downfield.

Tua always looks to throw first, like Mahomes.

Sadly it looks like we lost Preston Williams for quite some time. Next man up!

179. ElephantRider says:

If people would throw away their smart phones, needing every second on social media, we wouldn’t be having these issues.
    Go outside….speak with people in your community, your neighbors. This shit isnt what it seems….

180. ElephantRider says:

I just dont like Herbert. Something about him I just don’t…I have no game breakdown why….just don’t. Lol

I’m like just about everyone else….super excited to see these new Fins play with Tua. It just is so weird watching them score points!

Me after being separated from my phone for 10 minutes

I haven’t watched Herbert close enough, but from what I’ve seen he moves the ball between the 20s with the greatest of ease, and where most of his stats come from.

I believe his issues are in close quarters, when the going gets tough. He’s used his legs to get out of some of those situations, but his inability to read a D fast enough causes indecision and where he fails.

He had some issues with his mechanics early on, but things like the left arm chicken wing doesn’t seem to be a problem now. He still has accuracy issues from time to time though.

We used to say our QBs don’t seem to have open receivers like other teams, but when Fitz came in it didn’t seem to matter, he’d just throw the 50/50 balls or back shoulder. This was great, but I believe caused Fitztragic at times.

Watching Tua he seems to have a knack for knowing presnap, where the coverage is going to lean towards, then postsnap where the coverage is focused on, which allows him to throw to the correct receiver. His accuracy also helps with guys with less separation.

Tua has been perfect so far, 5 for 5 I believe, getting TDs in the redzone. All of these qualities are why he wins and doesn’t just put up big numbers.

Here’s what the stats get wrong, you take your team down the field 4 times, kick an FG 2 times and get 1 TD, and 200 passing yards. The next guy takes his team down the field thrice gets 2 TDs 1 FG and has 100 passing yards.

The other part of that is what you did on the drives that started inside your own 10, did you get the initial first down? If not your opponent likely is going to get points. Helping your D out in these situations is a must, but isn’t reflected in the stats.

NEW BLOG UP!!!!