Week 10 – Chargers @ Dolphins

This game is much more than Tua vs Herbert, I’ve just become fond of the mirror image bookend windups of both righty and lefty QB’s together. Don’t get me wrong, both of these players will play a large role in the game, but right now the Dolphins defense is an equal shareholder in the outcome of this team. I mentioned this the other day and I think this information is still sinking in. Half the season is completed and our Miami Dolphins are in the top 10 in offensive scoring (10th) at 27.8 PPG and 4th in defensive scoring at 20.1 PPG. We’re plus 61 in point differential. We knew this was year 1 of the rebuild after the tear down and I can’t imagine that any of us expected this type of result so quickly.

Emmanuel Ogbah has been so impressive this season. He has more sacks at the halfway point of the season (7) than he has had in any full season. His 13 QB hits are 3 away from topping his season best in which he started all 16 games. He’s playing 76% of the defensive snaps and is on pace to equal his rookie year of playing over 800 snaps. The thing is, it’s not just Ogbah, everyone is making plays. Ogbah has started them with the strip sacks in back to back games but Andrew Van Ginkel scooped up one fumble and ran it back for a TD and then the next week it was Shaq Lawson with the scoop and the fumble recovery TD return. Elandon Roberts has made some big defensive stops. Byron Jones and Xavien Howard have been balling although last week Howard struggled all day. Eric Rowe has been playing very well along with Bobby McCain. Big Raekwon Davis, Zach Sieler and Christian Wilkins have been money on the defensive line. If I asked you which Dolphins DB has the most passes defensed I’d be willing to bet nearly all of you would guess wrong. It’s Eric Rowe with 9. BTW, Shaq Lawson is just one shy of Ogbah with 12 QB hits. You don’t hear his name as much but he’s getting it done.

The 2-6 Chargers come in 17th in offensive scoring at 25.6 PPG and 21st in defensive scoring at 27 PPG and they have a -11 point differential. This Chargers defense was supposed to be better with Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram, Denzel Perryman, Kenneth Murray etc. The Chargers recently traded away safety Desmond King and now have the duo of Rayshawn Jenkins and Nasir Adderly. The Chargers defense hasn’t been what they expected but their offense has been humming despite the running back carousel of Austin Ekeler (IR), Joshua Kelley and Justin Jackson. Ekeler is the most explosive of the crew and he’s been on IR for weeks. The Chargers are now featuring RB’s Kalen Ballage and Troymaine Pope due to injuries to Justin Jackson and Joshua Kelley. WR Keenan Allen leads the team in receptions followed by WR Mike Williams. No longer does that dominant TE control the middle of the field (Antonio Gates). Still, QB Justin Herbert is having a fantastic rookie season completing 67% of his passes with 17 TD’s and only 5 INT’s and 2146 yards passing.

For our Dolphins, the hope is that Matt Breida will be healthy or we’ll see the committee of Jordan Howard, Salvon Ahmed and Patrick Laird. Ahmed looked to have some giddyup while Jordan Howard ran like he had a blocking sled tied to his waist. Ahmed had 38 yards on 7 carries and a long carry of 19 yards. Breida is questionable with a hamstring injury. WR Preston Williams is on IR with a foot injury sustained on his TD catch against the Cards. There’s a chance we will see WR Antonio Callaway this week as he makes his long journey back to an NFL gameday roster, his last NFL action was 11/3/19. Jakeem Grant was more involved in the passing game than usual and he stepped up. Tua now makes his third NFL start, his 2nd at home. I would think the small crowd will be in a frenzy. I just hope we can keep up the good work we’ve done the last 4 games.

GO DOLPHINS!!!

1,397 Responses to Week 10 – Chargers @ Dolphins

pheloniusphish says:
    November 16, 2020 at 5:45 pm (Edit)
    Why is Hulk beating up Harambe?
    —————-
    Because Hulk angry

Long, sorry to side with he Hulk over ya but, it wouldn’t be much of a fight. Hulk destroyed a planet with his bare hands once, he ripped the fabric of reality with hit hulk clap, and he stopped a celestial from stomping on a planet by lifting them. I mean hard to argue with all that.

CavalierKong says:
    November 16, 2020 at 5:16 pm

November 16, 2020 at 5:19 pm

Sounds like he needs a thumb up his ass at a minimum . . .
    ———————————————————————–
    Its the new fix all, no more windex…..thumb up the ass

D , the Ahmed Achmed thing has been driving me nuts too.. as for Tua, I heard the N a long time ago and just shrugged and went whatever, as Son puts out there I guess it is 👅🎻

Maybe he just needs a nickname like Iggy has. How about A-man?

My daughter started arguing with me about a couple of weeks ago, she even found a guy on a video saying Tag not tongue, so I played the above video for her and said are we done with this now?

Lol, yesterday Bob was over and struggling to understand the tong sound my daughter says watch it he’ll bust a video of Tua himself saying it.

Me and her say his name throughout the whole game, when we need a play we say 2️⃣🅰️ 👅🎻

I have the game recorded, if I remember when I’m home I’ll try and find that weird ass shit, or weird ass thumb shit and I’ll video it and text it to you guys. As D mentioned, it was so absolutely bizarre.

Dolphins released Jordan Howard. What was up with him? He’s only like 27.

I used to know some 27 yr olds that sucked too , but now that would be considered creepy

“The Dolphins have drafted 12 offensive linemen in the fourth or fifth rounds in the past 30 years, and Solomon Kindley is the first in 26 years to start more than six games for them in their entire career. ”

He’s already at 9.

Flores said he’s implementing a new defensive scheme called the Omar Kelly package

It reminds me of that ventriloquist comedian Jeff Dunham with his dummy Ahmed the Terrorist, pronounced ACH-med

Ahmed

Kindley was the fullback on our first TD yesterday, he must have filled in for Wilkins and they had Hunt on the line.

15. Krishna says:

Akmed….Ahmed. say it the right way in honor of the person’s name and culture. But, don’t expect America to know that. Especially, you cajuns, hicks, hillbillies, rednecks, and old white fuckers like me.

Sorry, I always try to honor someone’s name, even if I don’t get it.

If it’s pronounced Akmed, so be it. I thought the announcers were insulting him. Guess I’m wrong.

That is a nice trailer!

As it turns out the trainer just kinda grabbed inside the thigh very close to the butt hole but no thumb. Watching it live it looked weird but seeing it again a couple of times it wasn’t nearly as obscene as I thought it was

Tim, Van Noy went down after tackling Ballage and 2 Dolphins player immediately call for the trainer. Trainer runs out and Van Noy is writhing on his side and he starts to show the trainer where it hurts and the the trainers hand is inside his thigh real close to his butthole and in live motion it looked crazy.

LOL @ Ken

Mike E was looking at Van Noy’s butt hole.
    Nothing to see here!!!!!! 😉

^it not I. Although ….

New team doctor

He had a day yesterday

Godchaux who?

J/K I hope he comes back from injury and signs a friendly deal to stay but it is nice that our young guys all seem to be, what is it called again?…..oh yeah developed.

It was cool to see Perry get some action as a WR yesterday. He showed some of that slippery ability he’s known for.

MF 13,smiling somewhere.

Man Foles is the most cement shoed QB I have seen in forever. He moves worse than the late 90’s Dan Marino.

One of the worst passes a QB can make is when he throws to the back in the flat facing away from upfield and a defender right on it to blow it up. Why even throw that? You see the one on one matchup that’s going to be no gain or a loss of yardage. Just throw it as his feet and go to the next down. You put the back in a bad situation for injury, he’s getting blindsided. I see this type of thing way too often. If you can’t lead your back upfield don’t throw it.

DJ Wonnum was a guy I wanted for us. When I was watching Kinlaw I couldn’t understand why Wonnum wasn’t higher rated

Btw ya beat me 98.26 – 97.68 this week

Minny gets another win. Good for our Houston pick.

Amoeba defense forever!

I don’t blame Herbert for being confused

Sometimes im looking at our defense and I’m like …WTF?!?

They are all moving around and I can’t figure out what they are doing

Belichick was doing that in the mid 80’s with the Giants with LT, Carson etc. It’s about personnel that can blitz, drop and play the run. We hit on Van Ginkel in the 2019 5th rd. He plays so many roles.

Gotta love how this team plays. The Tua era has begun and he/we should get better. This Phase II of the rebuild is gaining momentum quicker than people thought. Missing the playoffs at 6-3 would be a disappointment. There is now a new pressure but fuck it, live the moment. Go Phins!!!!

Piggy – no doubt, we’re getting national recognition. I guess maybe if we’re good for a long enough period of time we’ll get used to that too.

It feels like our offense is still finding ourselves

But on D – wow we are one of the nfls best very early

• pheloniusphish says:

Yes…The paragraph on the run Defense in the article below is interesting. Seemed like LA was running at will, but at the end of the day they only had a 3.4 yds/carry average.

LOL! Just read Jordan Howard’s career with the Dolphins. 28 carries for 33 yards, 4 TD’s. Averaging a potent 1.2 YPC. He’ll probably do better elsewhere, but this time it’s not us because we have a bunch of guys thriving here.

You could say overachievers based on us being predicted to win 6 games, but I don’t think we’re close to reaching our potential. I mean we blow out the Rams and 49ers and it seems more ho hum, than a perfect game.

Guys like Raekwon and Seiler stepping up, when Wilkins was out is just a microcosm of this season. We also saw Grant step up without Preston, the entire DL, when Godchaux went down, Achmed, when Gaskin went down…

Anyone remember the start of brady’s career? The cheats D was top notch and got him an SB his first year. He was known as Mr dink and dunk.

Doesn’t our situation now look a lot like that, sans the dink and dunk? Both teams play 60 minutes and get contributions all over the field from all 3 units.

One thing about our O playing the take few chances is it makes the other teams O less potent, because they get less possessions and when they do get them they have to go the length of the field. More in the line of total team win with complimentary football from all 3 units.

46. bailbondmike says:

Keenan Allen on #Chargers offense’s performance vs. Dolphins: “I would say we were pretty confused out there.”

NICE! I love it!!!

November 16, 2020 at 6:10 pm

————————————————————
    Yeah it wasn’t like a oh ooops i thought that was your belly button, he jammed that thing in there and rooted around some.

Also, im like Krishna on the name thing. If thats the way its pronounced, ill just deal with how it hits me and maybe it wont if i can ever settle into that being right, id love to heard Salvon say it just to be sure, but going off what Ken says, ill try to accept its Ack not Ah, the reason it bothered me wasn’t my own desired for it to be Ahmed, i just wanted it said right for his sake, and maybe it was, and i just didn’t trust Gumble’s old senile ass for getting it right.

Still Ken i know i have heard the announcers butcher names in the past, so even if they do get the releases on the name pronunciations, i dont know if all of them study that shit.

We had this little dude on our team in HS that was like Grant, except he was probably 5’2 and 110, maybe 120. He was a spunky little fucker too, and was kinda hard to get your hands on, but i remember tackling him once full out and i thought i had killed him. He wasnt scared to put it on ya though, we used to call him the Kneebiter because he had a tendency of hitting you int he knees if he were blocking or tackling.

In regards to Salvon Ahmed’s name, this is from a Palm Beach Post article, and I would assume the writer confirmed it with the kid.

“We had raced a couple of times,” said Ahmed, whose name is pronounced suh-VON OCK-med. “I had got him on the first two and then he got me on the last three. I think it came down to a conditioning thing.”

Perhaps there are regional dialects and pronunciations or perhaps it is pronounced ockmed here even if it’s not technically correct, because it is our closest English approximation phonetically and in writing.

We don’t have rolled ‘r’s like in Spanish so we pronounce it floor instead of flo(r) with a rolled ‘r’. And we don’t have guttural ‘ch’s, so we pronounce it ockmed instead of the exact Arabic pronunciation.

The exciting thing about Tua and this offense (and Steve touched on it above) is we haven’t seen them open it up much, only the 4th quarter of the Cards game. Our defense and ST are playing so well, the offense only has to make a few plays and not make mistakes.

STs keeps giving us short fields, and defense is keeping scores low. We play a very vanilla, conservative offense right now because that is all the team needs, and it’s perfect for Tua’s progression as our QB.

This formula should work for the next 3 games, but the 4 games after that, at least 3 of them, we’ll likely have to open the throttle up in order to win. Tua will have 6 games under his belt and be ready to kick some ass.

However you guys want to pronounce Ahmed’s name… I’m just happy to see him.

I can hear the wind howling in the trees now….

Just wait until we add a samurai or 2 to this offense

Broncos game is at 4:05. Isn’t that 5 straight late starts for us? Don’t remember that before.

Piggy – I feel like if we take a WR early, I don’t want any potential “diva” type guys. I like that no one guy is bitching he wants the ball, everyone is in it for the team and I want it to stay that way.

60. ukfinfan says:

‘Sup FUers?

Will drop by again in about 2 weeks time again hopefully, but it’s budget time now so no chance to stick around and chat – it’s gonna have to be a dropped Mike(E) from me ….. if it posts correctly it has a Mic and a hand!!!

As it seems to a non-US resident you’ve spent most of the last 3 months as a board and a nation arguing about politics (😂) I couldn’t bear to see you waste any more time on how to pronounce names with too many consonants, so here goes:

There was a tweet sent out at half time on Sunday with written phonetic pronunciations too but can’t remember who sent it. Sure a bit of googling will locate it if anyone has time.

Cheers for now

MikeE,
    I talked about this a little last season. It’s much easier to coach a team that’s rebuilding and guys are just fighting to keep a roster spot. Guys are willing to run through walls and willing to focus on team rather than individual when there’s nowhere to go but up. But, as the accolades start pouring in and thy start getting told how great they are, guys will start to focus more on “getting mine”. How does Flores handle that shift because I guarantee you we’ll start to see more divaesque behavior? I think he will do okay but we will begin to see a tougher challenge for him as coach. Can he keep guys focused on playing as a team and not as individuals?

Mike E

There’s always the 2nd round for a wr

Besides there are plenty of non diva frost rounders
    I don’t think our own Parker is a diva
    How about a guy like Larry Fitzgerald
    I don’t remember Julio Jones ever having any issues
    There’s plenty of top tier WRs who don’t have those diva issues

Some of the worst divas aren’t even first rounders – Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder

I just think there are personalities to stay away from

I don’t think it’s necessarily positional

I think this team has to add a WR early in the raft next year
    But it doesn’t have to be the first round

I agree with Piggy on getting an early WR this draft. I saw an article that discussed how much having DeAndre and Diggs helped the development of Allen and Murray. We have a high paid defense and could use a top notch rusher but we have two first round picks and might as well use our Houston cornucopia on those positions if we can. I know this draft won’t be as loaded with Samurais as last year but there’s some good talent I’ve already seen this year. I’ll leave that topic to Piggy tho.

Fitz #1, Tua #3 overall on the year.

Dont know if you guys have experienced a death due to covid, but i just experienced my first. Its a family member that, to be honest, i was not close with, and i actually didn’t care for him much, but i do hate that he died from this virus.

He was in that range of age groups that are considered most likely to die from it, (80) and im not sure of the source of his contact, but he was around people who were in turn found to be positive which were directly in close contact with my mom. My mom tested negative and seems to be fine, but he spent a week or so under symptom. His A-Fib was really triggered, and was the symptom he went in for when they found him to be positive. So with some heart conditions stacked against him, and his age, he was a prime target to be a statistic, and unfortunately has passed.

I say this because he went from alive and doing relatively fine to dead within a couple weeks, be careful, stay away from others if possible, wear the mask, follow the protocols, and by all means love your loved ones. As i said, i wasn’t close with him, but it could be someone i am close with, it could be someone you are close with and this shit isn’t close to being done, its just ramping up.

Mike E, they wouldn’t even draft a guy that showed ANY diva so I’m not worried about that. But you can’t confuse confidence with diva, if the guy is producing and talking that’s ok, but if he’s dropping balls and cutting off routes and not blocking but talking that shit won’t fly.
    I’d like to see a dynamic WR early in the draft too unless they like someone as a FA, but even still I think I would.

I’m done with Hurns and Wilson. Here’s your opt out 🖕

Great to see UK, great to see you around. Our team is good again too, can you believe it?

UK, good to see you pop in. Hope all is well. How bout them Dolphins?!!!

I’m at the point where I have so much confidence in what Grier and Flores are building that I’m on board with whoever they bring in both FA and the draft.

He reminds me of Parker

I foresee a new Samurai list coming this off season

It looks like the Houston pick has a very good chance of being top 10, it’s at #6 right now. The way this team is setup, this is a prime situation to take the BPA, a top talent too hard to pass on. Yes I know I’m going to hear what if it’s a QB or a LT, we just used two 1st rd picks on those positions last year. I’m sure other positions will be available that are worthy and make more sense for us. 😉

I’m leaning towards trading the pick, though there are a couple of guys in that range i would consider using the pick on.

I don’t know who those prospects are yet. But you never know, we might trade that pick if we don’t feel a can’t miss prospect is there, and we load up on more picks because another team is all in on a guy. That seems like something we might do.

D says:
    November 17, 2020 at 7:56 pm

My wife and l go for our tests on Thursday

Well i sure hope ya’ll get a good report man.

Not to scare ya, but. I have some friends that have gone through it and recovered and they were young, healthy, etc and they are having what they are calling long-hauler effects.

Its been 3 months now and they cant smell things very well, which means they also cant taste things very well. One of them loves spicy but had to cut back on it because they cant taste the spice even though they can feel the burn so they have been over doing it with the heat and ruining their meals. They also report bouts of fatigue, out of the blue just crazy fatigue and then it will go away and pop back up again later.

Looks like sometimes certain symptoms just hang around and its not always the same one for different patients that become long haulers.

It’s scary stuff D. Some stuff you can’t avoid but I figure mostly wait for the vaccine. I’ve been to plenty of bars in my 50+ years

“The Dolphins have scored at least 21 points in eight consecutive games. The last time the Dolphins had an eight-game string of scoring 21-points or more in the same season was 1984 — the year Dan Marino threw 48 touchdown passes.”

The turn around this team has made is most impressive. This is only half way through Phase II and we’re already in the playoff picture with a transition to a rookie QB. You can’t ask for more than this. It’s not even a bias thing anymore. Pundits around the league are impressed. Family and friends have said to me your team is on its way to good things. Isn’t it cool? 🙂

So sorry to hear that, D. We’re all in this together, not just half of us. Some people are just being stupid.

Sad part of the vaccine is that even once that Pfizer get the first batch done, its only going to be 50mil doses and they said could be more than a quarter of those go overseas.lets say only 10mil go over seas, it takes 2 doses and that means we would have 40mil doses, 20 mil people could get their two shot series. We have 340+ mil people so we would still have 320mil more to go. That is going to take 4 forevers to get everyone vaccinated.

In the meantime they are always finding mutations of the virus in mink, in Switzerland or Norway, and its a strain that is resistant to antibodies. The government want to do a mass extermination of the Mink but animal rights people prevented it. So by the time we have a vaccine for the current strain, there is going to be a worse one following right behind it. This situation is nuts.

Stanger, I’m just enjoying the ride. None of our predictions matter because you can’t predict the game changing plays. This team is maturing together quicker than expected but maybe we should have seen that coming based on how we finished last year, and this is a much better team this year.

Quite honestly, I absolutely LOVE(!!!) what I’m seeing from our Phins. This year has been incredibly special, thus far. My only grievances (accompanied with solutions)…

1) Tua needs to have more zip on the ball (lots of floaters).
    Solution: Tua was/is rehabbing, and didn’t have a legit offseason of strength training. This should not be a problem going forward, starting next year.

2) Our running game is terrible!
    Solution: as our O-Line continues to gel, and with a bevy of picks once again in the ’21 Draft… we can draft another stud O-Lineman (or perhaps even get a stud via FA), and draft a stud RB relatively early. Our running game woes shouldn’t be a problem come next year.

3) Emmanuel Ogbah has been quite the surprise! But besides/opposite him, we don’t have a legit and constant threat to contain.
    Solution: draft a stud pass-rusher early in 2021.

As you can see, I don’t have many grievances that won’t be taken care of next year. This team has a feeling that’s MUCH better than our ’08 (Sparano) and ’16 (Gase) teams.

Y’all… I firmly believe we’re finally turning the corner!
    GO PHINS!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

Half way through Phase II. Patience grasshopper. 6-3 and already in the playoff mix. Your post comes off like we’re 3-6 but showing progress. We all know if we add this and that makes us better. But geez it’s just getting started and it’s already good. Enjoy it, man!

Sorry to read that, D. Glad your mom tested negative though. Hope Hulk and the wife get good news too.

November 17, 2020 at 8:55 pm
    He likes to be mysterious. LOL

This tune takes me back to the early 80’s when disco and dancing was still happening. Just some different music was happening as well.
    —————–
    I truly LOVE this music. IMO, 80s music is the best music ever made, and it influences me greatly. It takes me back, too, being I was a young buck. MANY fond memories of the past in hearing this music. Not too much of a mystery to me, LOL.

But speaking of “a mystery to me”… I LOVE this one…

Quarantine day 2: all work and no play makes Ken a dull boy

You’ll be good, Hulkster. I went through a 15-day quarantine back in May. All good. Catch up on “The Mandalorian”, dude!

JUST SAW that Miami’s only favored by 3 at Denver. This after it was revealed that Drew Lock, Denver’s starting QB, has bruised and battered ribs and may NOT PLAY!! So the Miami Dangerfields STILL DON’T GET NO RESPECT from some observers in Vegas, eh??? Well we’ll see what they say when FLORES’ BOYS rip the ponies a new one in Denver on Sunday!! — For HOWIE’s list – –
    30-17 MIA
    —————————–
    HEY MF-13: –You DO remember BEFORE the season started I predicted that the Dolphins would make the playoffs, right?? For the first time this century, the Dolphins have a team THAT CAN WIN A PLAYOFF GAME!!

I’m digging your Dolphins fandom fire in recents weeks. 🙂

TIM: LET ME SAY what others have feared to say:
        THE SUPER BOWL IS IN TAMPA EARLY FEBRUARY.
        LOCALS here in Tampa predict a Florida team will be in it.
        Little do they know
        THEY’VE GOT THE WRONG FLORIDA TEAM!!!

OD, did Ross promoting Grier that lead to hiring Flores sell you? That’s where we are. I’m friggin enjoying it. It’s fun! 🙂

And I agree, let’s go back to the classic uniforms.

A couple of Patriots fans here in Tampa sang Flores praises when the Pats (FLORES) stopped the Rams high powered offense, holding them to 3 points in the Super Bowl. They were stunned when Kraft “Let Flores get away to a division rival!” So, neither Ross nor Grier figured strongly in my analysis of Flores. That said, I’ll give Ross a little credit for finally picking the RIGHT GUY after 6-7 prior failures and over a decade of frustration.
      GOTTA WALK THE GREYHOUND and get my ugly rest.
      OUT for tonight.

Ken

Have you been going back to the office yet? (With the exception of your current quarantine)

Old Dolfan,

Your prediction seems to be coming to fruition! So far, so good!

November 17, 2020 at 9:41 pm
    Would it be wild if it happened this year? 😉
    —————
    LOL, I said that to a friend (55 years old) at work just yesterday… that we just might be Super Bowl contenders this year. He told me, “WOAH! Hold on, now! Don’t jinx us, man!”.

We’ll see what happens, but I am absolutely ENJOYING this ride we’re on, called the 2020 Miami Dolphins!!!
    GO PHINS!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

To me this game is huge. Win 6 in a row and another road game in Denver, now you’re really a serious team. 7-3 is good stuff!

Tua knows it’s his time. Just keep limiting mistakes and when it’s time for playmakers to make plays, get them the ball. Tom Brady’s career is all about that. Do your job.

He’s never been an amazing physical QB, but he didn’t make a lot of mistakes.

I think that’s what Tua will be. The team plays well in all three phases and he’ll make the plays he has to make. When he has a great game that’s gravy.

• ElephantRider says:

You’ve got to have higher expectations for Tua. All I heard for a year was tank for Tua. You dont hear that and not expect this guy to make you great. I want to see him in the upper echelon of QBs. Its go time.

ER – I think Tim is specifically talking about Tua in the now, not the future. I mean he’s already 3-0 and has 5 TD’s with zero INT’s. I think Tim is just saying when the opportunity presents itself where Tua has to do more he’ll do it but he’s not just sling the football all over when it’s not necessary. He’s already showed he has the mettle in the comeback against ARZ.

• New Age says:

Not only what Mike said but Tim compared him to the most successful QB of all time. I can’t think of higher expectations than comparing him to the guy at the top the past twenty years. If Tua is half as successful as Brady, then I’ll be the happiest fan ever.

Piggy – I can’t even comprehend the amount of people I deal with in close contact every day. I would say it has to be at least 20 a day and sometimes a lot more. Fuck it, call me a front line worker. lol

I can easily go a week without dealing with 20 people when I work from home

It’s odd in nyc
      It seemed like that was about to change but….Womp Womp

Watched the Phinsider’s All22 last night. They breakdown all of Tua’s passes from the previous game. I don’t care much for these guys, but the film don’t lie, and Tua was really off, for him, most of the game. With that said, we still won comfortably.

He did however make some big plays at key times in the game. He seems to miss Williams and isn’t quite in sync with others yet, but still getting it done. His pocket pressence has been very good and he’s a playmaker, so…

Tears for Fears was my favorite 80’s band, they also have my favorite 80’s song.

Brian Flores Wednesday November 18 media thread
    8:18 AM · Nov 18, 2020·Twitter Web App
    Retweet
    Likes
    Travis Wingfield
    12m
    Replying to
    Flores on big plays by X and Ogbah

Over the course of a season a player plays roughly 1,000 snaps. Everyone focuses on the sacks and interceptions, and we love those plays, but it’s the other 990 plays that we as a staff try to focus on to get right.
    Travis Wingfield
    8m
    Replying to
    Flores on preparing for 2 QBs with Drew Lock’s uncertain status

You watch them all, they’ve both played. We watch it and we evaluate those guys — their strengths and weaknesses in conjunction with out game plan.
    Travis Wingfield
    4m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores on Lawson keeping it light

Shaq has a great laugh apparently. He’s fun to be around. You don’t want to temper that. You bring his energy to the rest of the group, they feed off of it and it makes us a better team.
    Travis Wingfield
    5m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores on balance between focused time and keeping it light

What we do, it’s not easy. Football is demanding. It’s a physical game, a violent game. Any way you can make it fun as a coach, you need to try to do that. As a coach the best approach is to let players be themselves.
    Travis Wingfield
    8m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores offers praise for the young Denver skill players — Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, good backs.

The D came alive after Jones came back. It allowed the passrush time to impact the game. It also gave the amoeba D some relevance.

80’s was easily the best decade of music, though it really only wins that race by the tip of the nose, because the 90’s were really damn good too.

To me the gap after that is really big.

The 80s music was more fad to me. It was great in the 80s and 90s, but it doesn’t stand the test of time. Looking back there were lots of one hit wonders that defined the decade almost as much as the big guys. The lyrics were cheesy too.

MF13 is thinking the same way as I. There just aren’t many issues with this team and it’s damn impressive. We finally have a top tier D again. It took Flores/Grier less than two years. Amazing! Our OL is far better than it has been for a while as well. That’s without having an OL full of first round picks! We finally are getting results from guys that didn’t use our first round just to block decently.

Tua is great so far at just managing the O and we have some really good pieces. I’d like an early WR and DE. Get a great RB and maybe one more OL or DT to cover for expected losses. I don;t see where we aren’t in the thick of things for quite a long time. It didn’t take twenty years or the 3-4 everyone always says we need. It took less than two because we finally got a great coach again. I wish Shula could see these Dolphins today.

Doing an actual roster explosion was key. It allowed them to get their guys via the draft and FA.

• New Age says:

That, actually getting the right talent, letting bad picks go, and teaching players to be better. I just looked up McMillian. Round 2 pick but didn’t fit. Cheap contact but still didn’t fit. We let him go and it improved the defense. He’s a ST dude for the Raiders now. Our OL under Gase in his only winning season had FOUR first round OL. We have two now but one was a cheap pick up project. Everything we do is just better now.

Ah the 80’s!
    Throw the sound track to Vision Quest in the cassette player, and take out the speakers behind the seat and put them on the roof!
    Go get another cup from the keg!!

Delivering the SmackDown!

I like the Amoeba defense. I have never truly understood the concept of person a does this person be does that you do this if you line up this way you do that if you line up that way, i mean for fucks sake if you follow a static set of rules then they also know what your doing because they also use the same techniques. The Amoeba is a little extreme version of confusion schemes with the guys all floating around back there all in standing rush positions so you dont exactly know who is doing what.

Our whole defense operates like that 90% of the time, even when the guys are more traditionally lined up. The 8/9 in the box and some peeling out some of the time but not all the time really fucks with OL protection calls, etc so if i had to call our defense any one thing its called confusion, and its working.

Kinda like the Pats were on offense and defense when Flores with them, they have like three formations and they call things differently out of those 3 formation such as to really confuse the fuck out of the other side. Its almost impossible to prepare for because you can watch tape all day and you really cant find anything to key off of. Amoeba is the pinnacle of that confusion because they aren’t even lined up so you cant tell who the Mike is, you cant tell who any of the positions truly are.

Some of my favorite defenses for UF was when Muschamp was the HC. Granted he couldn’t get a good offensive mind to run that side of the ball, but his defenses were elite and a lot of the philosophy he had then was similar to Flores. Lots of shifts prior to snap, especially on the DL, some at the LB level, but almost 100% of the time the DL shifted just prior to snap. Great CB’s and secondary, confusion up front on the DL, Gators defenses under him were always top 5 in the country.

They could surely use him now, that D sucks.

You could also say the same thing about the defense of the “U”. The U’s D reminds me of many of ours in the past, it succeeds only when great individual plays are made. I don’t see that now, we win a lot based on scheme, especially 3rd down.

Id take Muschamp back in a heartbeat as the DC, just not as HC, he just isn’t capable of calling the whole thing. Grantham isn’t a bad DC, he is just having a bad year, and probably because thy replaced most of their starters from last year, combo that up with little to no ability to prepare or have an off-season program and they dont look like a normal UF defense this year. Most defenses aren’t looking very good this year.

I remember a Monday night game about 4 years ago, we came in with a record close to the cheats. We thought we had arrived, but belicheat Amoeba(d) us to death and Tannehill wilted like the flower he is. We lost by 20+

Our plug and play team succeeds often, because of the scheme. Confuse, confuse, confuse them. Even the TD to Smythe.

We should trade Geisicki at the end of the year and take Kyle Pitts in the draft. Yes i know….but dammit i want that dude on our team lol.

I can’t believe Vision Quest Hasn’t gotten any love??????

Only the Young, Journey
    Change, John Waite
    Shout to the Top , The Style Council
    Gambler, Madonna
    She’s on the Zoom, Don Henley
    Hungry for Heaven, Dio
    Lunatic Fringe, Red Rider
    I’ll Fall in Love Again, Sammy Hagar
    Hot Blooded, Foreigner
    Crazy for You, Madonna

Walking around gas stations in the middle of the night, drunk, carrying an unlicensed, loaded gun in your pocket. WTF? You’ve literally got millions and this is what you do?

Other than us the only hard match left for the Bills is the Steelers….. and yeah don’t count the Pats as one.
    ———————-

Buffalo Bills (7-3)
    – Week 11: Bye Week
    – Week 12: vs. Los Angeles Chargers
    – Week 13: @ San Francisco 49ers
    – Week 14: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
    – Week 15: @ Denver Broncos
    – Week 16: @ New England Patriots
    – Week 17: vs. Miami Dolphins

I’m really hoping the Steelers lose to the Ravens before the Bills game. If they don’t I have to root for the Bills in that game even though it may cost us.

The Steelers aren’t winning the SB this year, don’t worry about them being undefeated.

I sure hope not. I think you’re probably right, but this is my particular yearly burden. I always sweat it until the last undefeated team is beaten.

My best friend is a Niners fan, another good friend is a Steelers fan. We all talk a gang of shyte, and all I’ve got that they can’t touch is the undefeated season, so I hold onto it for dear life, lol.

I usually sweat it out too, but not this year.

We just need to win out, but it’s the NFL the jets almost beat them, but couldn’t put the ball in the endzone.

13-3 and the division crown would be epic, but I’d settle for 11-5 right now……… even if come in as a WC.

It’d be nice if Wilkins comes off the list, but if he isn’t by end of today, it may mean he actually had a positive test and we’ll lose him for another game.

112. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, I am glad you posted the video on WR Rashod Bateman. He is a good one. I kind of see him as like Preston Williams and Jarvis Landry smashed together. Meaning he has size (Williams) and physicality (Landry). Goes up and gets the ball (Williams). Speed won’t wow you, 4.54 40(projected) (Landry). Good at getting release off LOS (Williams). Makes spectacular catches and has hands of glue. (Laundry).

I would prefer someone a bit faster though. I am not so high on Ross from clemson.

I do think Bateman is going to be great in the NFL. I would rather draft a faster big WR in Terrace Marshall from LSU who could be picked somewhere around where Bateman will be taken.

This WR class will be almost as deep as last year. IMO

Denver has the 2nd best redzone defense in the NFL at 50%. The key to dominating this game will be getting TDs. If we do that a couple of times early, we should get an easy win. If they hold us to FGs, it might be a tighter contest, which I still expect us to come out with a W.

I wonder how long Elway has in Denver

Denver doesn’t do anything particularly well.

Twenty-sixth in overall offense (334.0 yards per game), 19th in rushing (106.6), 23rd in passing (227.4), 28th in scoring offense (20.7 points per game).

Seventeenth in overall in defense (360.0 yards per game), 23rd in rushing defense (128.8), 14th in passing defense (231.2), 27th in scoring defense (28.2 points per game).

114. bailbondmike says:

WR Terrace Marshall, 6’4 200, is a TD machine. He had 13 TD’s last year and he was the #3 WR behind Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson. He already has 9 TD’s this season. He would be one that I would look at if we don’t go for a speedy waterbug type WR like Waddle or Rondale Moore.

He’s really an interesting fit for us

Do we want a big WR on the other side of Parker. It’s kind of like Clemson’s Ross for us.

I kind of law the idea of Tua throwing to the modern Irvin/Harper duo on the outside

Then maybe some quicker smaller guys in the slot

Maybe we let him go at the right time. Probably a minor charge, but 4:15 a.m. You’ll never read a story like this about Zach or JT.
    ———————————-

MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) – Former Miami Dolphins Reshad Jones was arrested early Wednesday on a charge of carrying a concealed firearm.

According to a police report, Jones was walking in a gas station parking lot at 4:15 a.m. with a loaded handgun protruding from his pants pocket, and said he had never had a concealed weapons permit.

Jones became difficult with officers and appeared to be under the influence of an unknown substance, the arrest report said.

Anyone have a scouting report on Brett Rypien? Sorta of hoping we need one.

I hate to narrow down the 7 samurai so early
    But right now it’s really shaping up to be 2 Alabama WRs, 2 LSU WRs, 1 Clemson WR, 1 Minnesota WR and a 7th guy

Mocking your opponents after defeating them is exactly what social media is for

I wonder if Colombo was as good a fighter as he was a turnstile . . .

CavalierKong says:
    November 18, 2020 at 12:29 pm
    … I always sweat it until the last undefeated team is beaten…
    —————
    ^

100%, and this is the mark of a DIEHARD Miami Dolphins fan. When the G-Men beat the Patsies* in the Super Bowl after the 2007 regular season, methinks we Phins fans registered on the Richter Scale all over the Earth.

Me too, CavKong… I won’t rest easy until the Stealers* are beaten this year.

CavalierKong says:
    November 18, 2020 at 1:07 pm
    “Denver doesn’t do anything particularly well.”

Except for redzone defense…

So we run routes for 21 yards out😂

Yes Mike was right what I was saying about Tua. I don’t think he’ll put up a lot of big numbers games this year nor do I think the coaches want him having to throw it all over the place this year. That may happen n the future as we continue to build round him. This year we’re winning in all three phases and I think we want to continue to win in that way.

Mike, did you see that Robinson Canó is suspended for the 2021 season due to PEDs? Good thing we have Andrés Giménez who really emerged last year.

One of my twin sons has his first college acceptance. Nova Southeast University in Ft. Lauderdale with some decent scholarship money. Might have to look into some tix for next season. Of course my other son was moping that he didn’t get the first acceptance

Ken’s rule #1 of employment: Don’t get into a fistfight with your boss

I may have to spring for season tixs next year too now that we have the house in the Keys.

132. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, I am right with you on your Samurai. That 7th may be Rondale Moore from Purdue. He is a Grantman type with more size. I think I have posted him before.

133. bailbondmike says:

I feel, if you draft a WR in the 1st round, you take Waddle.

Covid Travel restrictions threatening to ruin your holidays?

Fear not

There is a can for you to help you get by!

Just realized Gaskin and Ahmed both played at Washington. Is that our RB factory now? 😉

🙂

138. ElephantRider says:

My expectations for Tua are for next year and beyond. You don’t pine for a player for an entire year and not expect him to be the guy that puts the team on their back and carry them to a championship. I want Rodgers or Mahomes type of awesomeness. I think we are all owed that! Lol

The issue with that is we weren’t necessarily pining for Tua for an entire year, the rest of the football world was. LOL

I hear what you’re saying though. I think in time Tua will be one of those top QBs in the league.

• ElephantRider says:

👍

I think the organization was tho. Maybe not as hard as the media, but it had to start somewhere. Either way they got him. Its go time! He’s already made a play here and there that had “it”. I’m excited and obviously have very high expectations! Lol

Oh it is go time now. At 6-3 and 5 wins in a row you no longer get to say well we’re still rebuilding. The entire team would be disappointed if we didn’t make the playoffs. We have 3 very winnable games coming up. But this is the NFL and a slip up is possible. No less than 2-1 in the next 3.

LOL ER — why you picking on the Samoan Marino? 🙂

140. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, here is another speedster Samurai for ya. You don’t really hear anything about him cause he is playing on a team that is not very good right now. WR Marquez Stevenson, 6’0 190, from Houston.

141. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, another speedster is Tutu Atwell from Louisville. He is Grantman size and runs a 4.27.

Tua to Tutu for the TD!

That was good. But not all players are really into speaking about in-depth stuff. I know why McCain is so revered on the team and why he calls the defense. He’s a dog and he’s smart. No he’s not your prototype build at FS but it’s not always about that.

Tua is well grounded so he gives you just enough. He’s got the right mindset to lead as a QB but he’s still in his infancy as an NFL QB and he respects that.

Funny bastard😏 Baker was miked up for the Chargers game, and was on the bench shooting the shit with his boys, one of the coaches comes over, knowing he’s miked up, and says, did you take care of that rash you told me about.

Howard’s return didn’t go far enough to matter, but Jones again was flying in, right by his side, to escort him into the endzone, just in case.

LOL at New Age and the brass knuckles

So we’re saying Giants HC was Judge, Jury and Executioner ..

Did not realize Columbo was their OL coach until today .. explains a lot

It’s obvious the coaches want Malcolm Perry to be in the mix on offense. We used him early on in the Wildcat which hasn’t been effective. Now he had some snaps and a couple of catches as a slot receiver. His kind of quicks and versatility late in a game against a tired defense could be valuable like a 4th quarter pass rush. Something to think about. 🙂

WHAT ASPECT OF THE DOLPHINS WIN over the Chargers was mostly overlooked by fans and pundits alike? I’d say it was the POWER OF THE THROWBACKS!!!! There’s something about those oversized letters of the players’ names and numbers that just makes you recall the glory days of this once dominant football franchise. And the FULLY SIZED DOLPHIN AT THE 50 YARD LINE leaves NO DOUBT about who’s in charge AT THIS STADIUM!!
    ——————————-
    I HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART that the “Throwbacks” will be utilized when the Dolphins host the biggest home game of the year – – – THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS- – – in December. _ _ THE WHOLE FOOTBALL WORLD WILL BE WATCHING!!!
    ——————————
    Time to walk the greyhound and call it a night.
    GOOO-O-O-O FINS!!

BBMike

I can’t tell you how much I want to draft a guy named Tutu

Funny stuff!

On this day in 1854, Texas hero Sam Houston joined Independence Baptist Church and was baptized in nearby Little Rocky Creek by Rufus C. Burleson.

When Burleson lifted Houston out of the river, he said, “Sam, your sins are washed away.” The 61-year-old Houston replied, “I pity the fish downstream.”

Brian Flores Thursday November 19 media thread
    8:27 AM · Nov 19, 2020·Twitter Web App
    Retweets
    Likes
    Travis Wingfield
    8m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Coach talked at length about Eric Rowe and Bobby McCain growing together and the communication among the entire secondary continues to get stronger each week. Acknowledges it needs to keep improving.
    Travis Wingfield
    8m
    Coach on the amoeba package and defensive looks/game planning

“We encourage creativity.”
    Travis Wingfield
    8m
    Coach talked about the roles of Kyle Van Noy and if you don’t have him it’s a committee of players that fill his role. Mentioned he plays linebacker, end, inside, outside, he does a lot.

When you try to replace Bobby with the more talented Jones it doesn’t always work right away, because Bobby has so much knowledge about this D and it isn’t readily trumped by skill, so Jones needs to build that part up first.

November 18, 2020 at 5:39 pm

—————————————————-
    They produce good backs i think, not your top tier guys but a lot of very good blue collar kinda guy, mostly waterbug types as BBM would call them.

• bailbondmike says:

Yeah, they don’t really have a good feature back coming out this next draft. I believe it has been running back by committee this year between some seniors who were stuck behind Gaskin and Ahmed. One big back and another dude who doesn’t get many touches but is one of the fastest players in college football. Runs a sub 4.3. Must not have the instincts to go with that speed.

NEW BLOG UP!!!

The biggest issue on O is not having a go to guy to move the chains, someone Tua feels comfortable with. I think Williams was that guy against AZ, then Parker was it in the 2nd half.

The cheats had Welker and Edelman, and the Bill’s have Beasley. Someone needs to step up, maybe Perry can be that guy.

It’s Game ………………………….
    2 weeks in a row??????????
    M#*$% F!@^*^# C%#^ S%*^@#