Game 2 – Bills @ Dolphins

The Dolphins are 1-0 and in sole possession of 1st place in what I expect to be a very competitive AFC East division. A huge turnover, forced fumble and recovery created by the guy who creates the most turnovers, Xavien Howard allowed us to preserve the 17-16 victory. No matter what happened, it’s huge to get a victory in Foxborough. There are things that need to get worked out, the defense once again struggled to get pressure on the QB, Emmanuel Ogbah was let down by the other side failing to do anything. Both rookie Jaelan Phillips and AVG were ineffective and completely neutralized by the Patriots. To be fair, Phillips had very little work in prior to the game due to injury, so he missed a lot of practice time and preseason games. Elandon Roberts and Sam Eguavoen made us say Benardrick who? He was not missed. Roberts has picked up right where he left off.

The Bills took a bad beat last week at the hands of the Pittsburgh Steelers, 23-16.The Steelers defense really shut down the Bills aerial attack despite QB Josh Allen having 50 pass attempts. RB Devin Singletary led the Bills in yards with 80, 72 rushing, 8 receiving. Stefon Diggs was held in check despite 9 catches, but for just 69 yards. Cole Beasley also caught 8 passes for 60 yards. I’m thinking if we can manage this, we will also beat the Bills. The Steelers had 4 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries as well as 3 sacks. The $112M dollar man, T.J. Watt did not disappoint against a potential playoff rival coming up with 2 sacks and 5 QB pressures. That guy is relentless.

The first loss early in the season last year to the Bills was Josh Allen shredding us for 415 yards and 4 TD’s, 153 yards to WR Stefon Diggs and 1 TD in a 31-28 loss. The 2nd meeting which happened to have been the last game of the season was worse. We were playing for a playoff berth and the Bills were just trying to get out of the game healthy enough for the playoff game. Most of their starters were pulled at the half, and yet that first half was a demoralizing 28-6 in favor of the Bills. Sadly, it was equally as bad after the 2nd and 3rd stringers came in for Buffalo as the Bills crushed our Dolphins 56-26. An embarrassing day all around for our team, leading to many fans questioning the QB Tua Tagovailoa and our team in general. An ugly day for sure.

There’s no question we must be more competitive against the Bills this season. If we’re going to be a real playoff contender, we can’t allow our division rival to walk all over us. They’re a very tough team to defend, they have talent at the WR position, a pretty good O-line, and they have a QB that is dangerous in the pocket, and outside the pocket and can run the ball as well. Taking a bad loss to the Steelers will have the Bills even more focused, and HC Sean McDermott is a good, hard nosed coach.

As for our team, a recent development I just heard on NFL Radio is that HC Brian Flores when speaking of WR Will Fuller’s availability for Sunday’s game, said Will Fuller will NOT be available this week due to personal reasons and is unsure if he will return this season. That’s a crazy big surprise, and no doubt damaging to the Dolphins offense. Fuller, a speedy veteran receiver who can take the top off the defense may now be off the squad. One thing we all discussed here is that we do have solid depth, and maybe Preston Williams all of a sudden becomes much more valuable. Not sure how ready he is, but someone will have to line up opposite DeVante Parker. It might be Jaylen Waddle, which would then put WR Albert Wilson in the slot, which is something he’s certainly done before here in MIA. Still, this is an upsetting bit of news.

This past week, rookie QB Mac Jones avoided sacks yet held on to the ball as long as he could and often found a receiver while just about to get hit. We have to do better with Josh Allen because he will make you pay like Jones did and worse. Guys like Stefon Diggs and Cole Beasley will find a way to get open eventually so we have to actually get to the QB Sunday. Devin Singletary doesn’t worry me that much but we have sometimes struggled in the run game defense but not so much against Buffalo. I think if we’re going to have problems it will be with Josh Allen and the passing game or Josh Allen breaking off some big runs against us. Here’s hoping for a good solid game all around and a Dolphins victory that puts us 2 games ahead of the Bills!

GO DOLPHINS!!!

326 Responses to Game 2 – Bills @ Dolphins

1. bailbondmike says:

Good article MikeE and WTF on Fuller!

2. bailbondmike says:

Must be something serious but the team is behind him so there’s that.

3. Capt. Stubbs says:

Nice write up Mike E!! That’s crazy news on Fuller.

4. bailbondmike says:

Flores, asked if Fuller will return to team this season, won’t say. “One day at a time. He has my support. Things happen. When they happen, they’re not part of normal every day, it’s a surprise from that standpoint. He’s dealing with it. We’ll support him.”

So that thing about Fuller is true?

6. Capt. Stubbs says:

I sure hope this game for me doesn’t go like last weeks. Meaning, I generally let it tape for 20 minutes or so then I can fast forward through some commercials. So I go in to watch it, jax is still on so I missed half of the first quarter. So I’m pissed now. Back outside for more smoky time. Alright now I’m watching the game and the fucking POWER goes out!! So I wait and call Duke energy. They say Estimated time back on 9:45. Shit now going to the work trailer for the generator. Get it set up and then patiently way for fucking direct TV to boot up. Whoever hit the power pole and took off, I want to say you SUCK

Sounds like rehab to me. Good luck Fuller whatever it is.

DEs get doubled. They get chipped by RBs and TEs. They see guards come over and help. He wasn’t double teamed much. Sure, guards slid over and helped block him but that’s not a planned double team. That’s just what guards do. Phillips wasn’t blocked any different than DEs around the league are blocked every week. I didn’t see anything to make me think he was game planned for. He better figure out how to beat this sort of blocking because he’s gonna see it every week. It wasn’t anything special. He’s gotta do a better job of converting speed to power. He wasn’t finishing at the top of the move.

Week 2
    HOWIE’S LIST

David 21-17🐬
    Rhino 30 -24 🐬 (Def/ST scores a TD)
    Herd 30-20 🐬
    🐷 49-3 🐬 (Piggy farts 2x before 1st score)
    Tim Knight 23-20🐬
    CavKong 30-28 🐬
    OD 27-23 🐬 (Take the points & the “over”)
    🐟 35-16 🐬
    Manitoba 31-24 🐬

Thanks for the article MikeE!

Go Dolphins!

❤️🐬 🏈

MikeE,
    Thanks for the write up. I’m sure it was awesome! 🙂

Flores in typical 1 day at a time fashion not giving anyone any info

Rehab would seem to be the logical reason, but could be a death in the family or sick family member

I don’t know what the situation with Will Fuller is

But I think it’s a good opportunity for the team to Foster not just it’s relationship with him but also it’s relationship with every player

Whatever he’s going through, the team is giving their support to him and treating him like family if he needs their support and I think that’s a great attitude for the team to take

I’m terms of depth, impersonally would like to see Albert Wilson get some opportunities

Parker and Waddle were both productive last week
    Get Gesicki and Wilson involved and it’s a multi-faceted offense

We don’t need our entire depth chart on the field at the same time – we can be an explosive offense while fuller is out

MikeE,
    Read something and THEN comment on it? Since when is that a thing around here? My lunch is only 45 minutes long! Lol

Can’t help but be massively disappointed about Fuller. I like seeing Flores supporting his guys, I just wish it was reciprocal. Players always talk about it being a business, and from a business standpoint, Fuller has been a huge waste of money so far and hasn’t lived up to his end of the bargain.

How many of the underachievers or constantly injured have we successfully rehabbed so far? Zero? If Albert Wilson finally breaks out after this, I’ll buy someone dinner from a shipped meal place. I’m thinking my money is safe. I’m super glad we drafted Tua some help because the FA guys have all sucked.

Fuller ain’t over, but key thing is we have no clue what’s up. TMRW could come out either that he’s been arrested for murder or that he has leukemia. Or he will be at practice next week. And the storyline shifts based on what.

Gesicki and Wilson need to show up Sunday, would’ve been nice to have Fuller though

We lost last year game 16 in all 3 phases, we were losing yardage punting and they returned one for a td and got an int return for a td, not that you can just remove those 2 scores (assumes we would’ve stopped those 2 possessions), but if you could we would’ve been down just 21-13 going into the 4th

Probably would’ve lost anyways, but just like the Rams game last year, it’s difficult for any team to overcome 2 D ST tds

This game hopefully is closer to game 2 last year

Elandon Roberts and Sam Eguavoen made us say Benardrick who?
    _______________________________________

I doubt that’s the case! we got run all over by a sub par team.
    I didn’t agree with the Mckinney release and i’m sure it was about $$
    we seem to be paying for it with a not so good run defense.
    but hey, that’s been the status quo for sometime

_______________________________
    not sure but i would think that was bellichicks plan to take away that side of the pass rush and deal with Ogbah

Why would he do that? Ogbah was our best rusher last season. I think he definitely focused on Ogbah more than AVG, and Phillips, who’s barely had practice and game snaps.

Mike E — that was one fantastic write. But to tell you the truth I came into the season thinking we absolutely have to win of our first two. I’m more chillaxed now. In my mind it it a bonus game. Want to win it but don’t have too.

“Will Fuller will NOT be available this week due to personal reasons and is unsure if he will return this season.”

That ain’t a death in the family. Something is real F-ed up in his own life.

“Things arise in our lives. That’s kind of what he’s dealing with right now. He has our support. He has my support. And is it a surprise? Things happen. They happen and they’re not part of your normal everyday — yeah it’s a surprise from that standpoint. But, we deal with it.”
    — Flores on Will Fuller

25. Krishna says:

Thank you, Mike E. and I read all your articles. I truly appreciate the effort. Please keep it up!

26. Krishna says:

On another note, plan I watching the Bills game again at Nickel City (a Bills bar). They have great buffalo wings–who would have thought. LOL.

I’ll have to get there by 10AM to get a seat for noon start time (CST). I wasn’t going to go, but a friend insisted we should go together……I told him to kick me under the table if I my smack talk gets a little out of hand…..lmao.

27. bailbondmike says:

Fuller’s suspension was for PED’s right? Wonder if he has a substance abuse issue and the best thing for him was to not come back and fail another test. Get help, then try to come back. Just another guessing game.

All you can guess but if he knows another dirty test is coming fits. He got 6 games the last time. So wasn’t his first one and believe the next one means one year.

ocalarob says:
    September 17, 2021 at 2:28 pm
    All runs count

Unless of course it supports your narrative.

Week 2
    HOWIE’S LIST

David 21-17🐬
    Rhino 30 -24 🐬 (Def/ST scores a TD)
    Herd 30-20 🐬
    🐷 49-3 🐬 (Piggy farts 2x before 1st score)
    Tim Knight 23-20🐬
    CavKong 30-28 🐬
    OD 27-23 🐬 (Take the points & the “over”)
    🐟 35-16 🐬
    Manitoba 31-24 🐬
    Rock 34-18 Buff 😦

NE had 30 rushing attempts for 125 yards for a 4.2 ypc avg.
    they killed us in time of possession 23:17 to 36:43
    they out gained us in total yards 259 to 393
    we were +1 in turn overs & +56 in penalty yardage, this is where we were able to pull out the game.

They were running on us. our D had trouble stopping them and our offense was mediocre at best.

not sure this type of performance will hold up against the Bills

I watched the game. It wasn’t the run that gave us trouble, it was Mac Jones converting for 1st downs all day long. They got 8 first downs rushing, including the first run of 35 yards by Harris which leaves 7 for the rest of the game.. They did however convert 14 1st downs passing. We converted 7 first downs by rushing. Did we run all over them?

• ocalarob says:

I’m not saying the rushing attack by the Pats was the reason we struggled, I’m saying they did run on us when they chose to do so.
        which doesn’t bode well for our great run D that you explained in your article
        “benardrick who”
        I’m very concerned about our Run D, we are very this at run stopping Lbers

Rob – Again, the first play of the game was a run for 35 yards. 90 the rest of the game. Not great, but not overly concerning either.

if you are trying to extrapolate our 2nd down & distance situation then you would have to preclude first down runs of 10 yards or greater.

not sure why this is so hard for some to understand.

it’s rather basic.

LOL — the one thing am sure of is that when it comes to running stats you are always right, or at least no one can get you to say you are wrong. So many multivariabled ways to look at it. You are the undefeated champion.

• ocalarob says:

once i thought i was wrong but found out i was just mistaken

• ocalarob says:

and what other way to look at trying to get an avg down & distance on 2nd down?

please enlighten me!

I just said you are always right. And that no one can ever prove you wrong cause you are that much a maestro on running stats. Now you want to quiz me on down & distance on 2nd down? In no way can compete with you on that……. just said no one could. It’s like Bruce Lee asking me about Wang Chung.

I think dumping Flowers & McKinney was a huge mistake and done for $$$ reasons

35. bailbondmike says:

“Phillips took on double teams. He created pressure and opened up lanes for others to get to the quarterback. #stuntin”

“Most impressive, however, was how explosive he was off the line of scrimmage. Next-Gen Stats had the Dolphins rookie pass rusher as the fourth-fastest player off the line of scrimmage in week one behind the Texans Jacob Martin, Pittsburgh’s Alex Highsmith, and Los Angeles Chargers superstar Joey Bosa. (Minimum of 15 snaps.)”

here you go mike, just to confirm that bellichick was doubling phillips which left ogbah one on one.

Not impressive at all. Takes a loot of wasted steps looking like he is trying to fake out the Olineman who just stands flat footed until Phillips engages. He needs to get much better at rushing the passer or he will be a bust.

some of those plays he looks like a golden retriever trying to fake out his owner playing with a tennis ball.

I think people may be confused about what a double team block is. None of the videos being posted of Phillips show many double teams at all.

And double team blocks are really something you talk about in the running game…not the passing game. NE played Phillips fairly straight up with a guard sometimes sliding protection to Phillips and hitting him. If a tackle has a defender engaged and then the guard slides and hits or blocks him too, that’s not a double team. Yes, the defender gets blocked by two guys, but it’s not a double team. A guard typically plays inside out on pass plays. You look inside first. If there is nobody to block inside, the guard looks outside and helps the tackle. Again, that’s not a double team.
    ***
    From what I saw, they let their LT handle him alone. But, there were certainly times where the guard assisted late. Again, not a double team….and basic pass protection. Nothing special.

Saying a guy “takes on double teams” isn’t the same as saying a team is “double team”blocking someone. Phillips most certainly tried to occupy 2 blockers on a few plays so his line-mate could get penetration. Teams do that all the time. It’s not a badge of courage. It’s also completely different than saying a team used two guys to block him purposely.
    ***
    I thought Phillips looked like a rookie who was out there running around and playing mostly on his athleticism. It’s way too soon to be judging him. Teams were giving him the rookie treatment because Phillips was trying to win inside with speed a bit too much. Nothing better as a guard than putting your shoulder or forearm into a guy’s short ribs when they try to roll inside. It hurts a lot and takes a guy’s wind and legs away from him. A great way to slow down a speed rusher. It takes a toll.
    ***
    He’s gotta figure out a way to convert his speed to power at the top of his rush. It’s really something every speed guy needs to do. I’m looking forward to watching him develop. He’s got the physical talent. AVG is a jag. Phillips needs to get good.

Thought Phillips looked great coming around the end and other than 1 rush seemed to go inside to give himself up either for a stunt or not

41. bailbondmike says:

Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa on Bills defense — “They provide a good amount of problems for us. It’s a veteran defense, so with Jordan on one side and (Taron) Johnson on the other side, (Matt) Milano inside, (Tremaine Edmunds) on the other side, you never know what’s going to happen. They could spin the coverage, they could bring 58 (Milano) or 49 (Edmunds). You never know what’s going to happen. For us offensively, if you don’t know, you’ve just got to stick to your rules. Revert back to your rules and you’ll be fine.”

Defensive End Emmanuel Ogbah on Josh Allen — “He’s definitely a great quarterback and we’ve got to do a good job stopping him. Everybody’s got to run to him. Only one man can’t bring him down. It takes the whole defense pretty much to get him down.”

Cornerback Xavien Howard on Bills offense — “You’ve got to line up against five guys. They’ve got Emmanuel Sanders, Cole Beasley, Gabriel Davis, Isaiah McKenzie. You’ve got the quarterback also. There’s a lot that they have. It’s going to be a tough battle. You just have to be prepared for it. He can extend plays, run the ball, everything. There’s a lot of stuff that they do well.”

Linebacker Jerome Baker on how Pittsburgh defended Buffalo in Week 1 – “They played as a defense and they really played together. They did a great job of just getting after the quarterback. As soon as you pop on the tape, you can see that. That’s one thing that they definitely did well.”

Tight End Mike Gesicki on Bills defense – “They’re a good defense. They do a very good job of disguising coverages. They do an extremely good job of playing off each other in terms of both the safeties. (Jordan) Poyer and (Micah) Hyde, they do a great job. They are experienced and they’ve done a great job in this league. Then also you’ve got another couple talented (line)backers in (Tremaine) Edmunds and (Matt) Milano. So they’ve got a bunch of different guys that they can put on you. They’ve got a good nickel in Taron Johnson. You’ve just got to be able to identify the coverage, identify who is on you and how to run specific routes. Game plans always change and all of that kind of stuff, so to compare it to how it was successful to last year or this year, it’s just different.”

43. Krishna says:

Why would you ever look at W-L records when measuring success of QBs? It’s just silly!

LMAO!

44. Krishna says:

Winning the TO battle and playing within the rules (least penalties) usually results in winning. Shula-esque like. But, what the fuck did he know?

45. Krishna says:

Only guessing, but if Raekwon Davis didn’t go down early, perhaps the D might have gotten to Mac Jones a few times. Who knows, but I think our D took a huge hit on that alone.

46. Krishna says:

Again, my opinion. The game of football has evolved well beyond 1st down RUN success. But, hey, we can hang on nostalgia….lol.

Here’s who’s coming to the Fest with me (not to mention who’ll also be there)

48. Krishna says:

Typically, a rebuild is about tearing it down keeping what might work (but letting it go when it doesn’t fit the change orders), and mostly starting over with new ideas and new structure to implement thise new ideas.

Letting go of expensive free agents (expensive old materials) to create the new structure is necessary.

I’m sure contractors understand that take. They do it all the time!

Toba your Canadien football is fdup

Calgary punts the ball, Hamilton PR muffs the punt, the ball goes out of bounds and Calgary gets the ball, because they touched it last WTF🤪

Went to a convenience store yesterday and the woman at the checkout counter says I look like this guy. I do see the similarities. Great song by the way, and excellent rendition!

51. Capt. Stubbs says:

What I liked about the J Phillips tape is truly his effort. He was getting chipped all over at times he probably felt like a pinball. I think he’ll figure it out just based on effort

You are what your record says you are and you are how many points you score

Mac Jones is a 16 point per game QB at the moment😝

The news about Fuller stinks. No idea what it’s all about but I hope it’s nothing really bad.

So any regrets about paying X so far?
    Yeah didn’t think so.

Mike, I still think this is your double.

Sucky news about Will Fuller, and I don’t know what to think. If its drugs/alcohol/PEDs (rehab related), he should have said something prior to NOW, instead of waiting until the last second to say/do something about it. IF that is the case, I hope he gets the demons out of life.

If it’s something out of his control, I hope everything is going to be alright.

Regardless, prayers up for Will Fuller and whatever he’s going through right now.

Yeah all the best to him whatever it is. If it was rehab related it could be sudden because he got busted or caught. Has to face the music. It seems like that to me at this point but I hope the dude will be alright.

The UCF runningback #5 Bowser and I went to the first two games reminds me of (brace yourself) a modern day Larry Csonka. Can’t shake the feeling, he’s playing hurt tonight so he’s not quite the same but he lays the wood the way Csonka did punishing defenders trying to tackle him.

Anybody watch Outer Banks on Netflix?

I haven’t but apparently one of the stars a young guy graduated from UCF. They were parading him through the stadium last week. All the girls following him around. He walked right in front of us we’re in second row and he looked soft, gay and pussified. Shows you, all you have to do is get on TV and the girls appear.

If anyone watched the show is it any good?

2nd try

RIP to Norm Macdonald and Phil Hartman… this commercial was GREAT!

61. Krishna says:

From UT… ORob era! Lmao!

Very impressive.

62. Krishna says:

Lamo…that was to son.

Are you guys watching UCF at Louisville on ESPN?

Good game but I think UCF left their defense here eat home.
    Go Knights

The Beatles wish

Krishna, what day are you getting in town for the Fest?

Kill Bills!

Kill Bills

Just blew it damn

Piggy, that whole soundtrack is really good.

Piggs,

🖕

And I mean that in the nicest of ways

What’s Reds about a green hat?
    At least we won and Castillo had 10 K’s but green hats

Fucking Cardinals I thought we had the Wild Card locked up I haven’t checked in a couple weeks. Shit.

Bloock one from Haack just like Steelers did.

🖕
    Good night

75. days64 says:

Its a little late.. just wanted to share with you all…
    It’s never too late

Thanks Mike…

76. bailbondmike says:

Anybody watch Outer Banks on Netflix?
    —————————-
    Yeah, wife and I watched it. It’s ok. Some of it kind of out there. Good enough to keep you engaged. Has characters you pull for and others that make you hate them. I am very familiar with that area of the country and could tell it’s not the Outer Banks. They show some (few) scenes actually from the Outer Banks but most of it is filmed in SC around Charleston.

77. bailbondmike says:

…and it’s fucking raining again. Seven days in a row now.

78. bailbondmike says:

What a crazy ending to that UCF game. They had it. Intercepted the ball and had it around the Louisville 40 with 35 sec and 3 timeouts. UCF WR let the ball bounce right off his hands to the DB and Louisville returns it for a game winner pick 6.

79. bailbondmike says:

Son, It’s not over yet but Cards do this every year. We were in it. All they had to do was play .500 or a little better to close out the season after their 4 game sweep of the Marlins a month ago. Instead, what do they do? They go out and lose 2 of 3 games in every series the last month to the Brewers, Marlins, Cardinals twice, Tigers, Cubs and Pirates.

Only thing that gives them a chance is they have 7 games against 2 cellar dwellers in Pirates and Nationals after this series with the Dodgers.

Cardinals have 7 games left vs the Brewers but also 7 games left vs the cubs.

80. bailbondmike says:

Some good games on today (Central Times).
    Michigan State at #24 “The U” 11:00am ABC, MSU is way underrated
    Nebraska at #3 Oklahoma, better not sleep on the Cornhuskers 11:00am FOX
    Purdue at #12 ND, the way ND has played this could be an upset by Purdue 1:30pm NBC
    #1 Alabama at #11 UF 2:30pm CBS
    Miss State at Memphis 3pm ESPN2 (Homer Game, lol)
    South Carolina at #2 Georgia 6pm ESPN, maybe a good game
    #22 Auburn at #10 Penn State 6:30pm ABC
    #19 AZ State at #23 BYU 9:15pm ESPN

81. bailbondmike says:

I joined the Navy out of HS. Went to party with friends at Purdue while on leave or long weekends all the time. One night, I ran into one girl I really liked in HS but was always intimidated by her and never asked her out. She wasn’t our class valedictorian but should have been. She was not only a brain on steroids but really hot and beautiful. Actually, very talented in everything she applied herself to. We had a great time dancing that night. I really wanted to hook up and get to know her that night but my dumbass got too drunk and lost track of her. I tried to track her down the next couple years but I was busy deploying with the Marines and she had transferred med school at IU.

Fast forward to today, she is an MD, MS, MBA and academic vascular surgeon in the Long School of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio and the South Texas Veterans Health Care System where she is a tenured Professor in the Departments of Surgery and Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics.

Screwed the pooch on that one. lol

82. bailbondmike says:

At least it is not raining in Miami today. They shouldn’t tear up the field before our game tomorrow.

If it doesn’t rain tonight the grounds crews should run out the hoses and completely soak the ground on the visitor’s sideline (not the field) tomorrow morning so it is a steamy 120 degrees 100% humidity

For that matter, the team should secretly install a snow melt system under the ground on the visitor’s side to heat the soil

Flores, asked if Fuller will return to team this season, won’t say. “One day at a time. He has my support.” So first words out of Flores’ mouth were “One day at a time.” Freudian slip?

If it is substance abuse should be caught right quick by the league. Since he just came off a 6 game suspension he should be subject to enhanced testing.

87. bailbondmike says:

Well, Michigan State didn’t seem to have trouble with the Miami heat and humidity. Though it was cloudy most of second half. Impressive win for them with 41 new players on their roster (announcer said).

Miami and FSU really seemed to have taken steps back the last several years

89. bailbondmike says:

Kenneth Walker III will definitely be on my top 5 RB list come 2022 draft. Had 172 yards on 27 carries, 6.4 average and 3 rec for 17 & 1 TD in the Miami heat and humidity. Looked just as strong at end of game as he did in beginning. Has 493 yards on 57 carries with 8.7 average through 3 games. Good size, speed and power.

90. bailbondmike says:

UF better stop the bleeding.

Son/ BBM,

Whether it’s the Cards, Reds, or Padres, one of us is going to have to win a one game road playoff game against either the Giants or Dodgers, and you can bet both those teams will have set up their rotation to have their best on the mound. It’s going to be a tall order to get out of the WC round.

Phillies should be in that mix as well, and I really shouldn’t include the Padres.

After the Padres finish two more with us, they have 6 remaining against the Giants, 3 against the Braves, and 3 against the Dodgers…good luck, lol.

I would love to get another win against the Padres out of these next two though just to put another nail in that coffin. Those punks have whipped our asses every time we’ve played them the last two years. Yesterday’s win was sweet, and beating them 1 or 2 more during crunch time will wash away all that bad taste.

• bailbondmike says:

It’s going to come down to the wire, probably.

It’s been a pretty amazing year for baseball. Not only do we have an unbelievable two way player in Ohtani, but we also may have our first triple crown winner in nearly a decade.

93. bailbondmike says:

M13, here is a BALLHAWK for you. Actually, it’s only his second INT in his college career (sophomore). But still impressive.

Adding insult to injury!!!!!!!

That play by Roberts was impressive. He blows the RB up and gets to the QB destroying the play and the Pats get rewarded with 15 yards and a 1st down because he was too low. That rule sucks. I hate that a team who did not execute gets rewarded. I get that you don’t attack a QB low but sometimes the momentum of a play has to be taken into consideration. It’s football!!!!

It’s debatable whether he was too low or not. His tackle initially starts shoulder just above the knee and arms below, should have been a no call IMO, but I haven’t bothered looking up the exact wording of the rule to know if it’s letter of the law. I get why the refs threw it, it was close and in NE, so of course it went the Pets way.

When I first saw the play I knew right away it would be flagged. That tackle will get flagged most of the time unless the block sent him into the QB like that.

I don’t like that rule either. Defenders have about a 3 foot vertical range they can legally tackle a QB. It’s absurd.

It makes it really hard on the defenders. As if you’re supposed to stop and give the QB a chance to get out of the bad play. WTF is that?

Right?

It’s funny you say that because I turned to my wife right after the play and said, the league basically expects him to just fall down at the QBs feet without trying to tackle him, then get up and try to get him. It’s stooooopid

A single effing play created that rule. The league can say whatever they want about it, but if Brady doesn’t go down for the year early in the season with a low hit, that rule never happens.

Two rules were changed due to Brady, this one and the tuck rule. Would loved to have seen him play when defenders could beat the shit out of QBs. LOL

Week 2
    HOWIE’S LIST

David 21-17🐬
    Rhino 30 -24 🐬 (Def/ST scores a TD)
    Herd 30-20 🐬
    🐷 49-3 🐬 (Piggy farts 2x before 1st score)
    Tim Knight 23-20🐬
    CavKong 30-28 🐬
    OD 27-23 🐬 (Take the points & the “over”)
    🐟 35-16 🐬
    Manitoba 31-24 🐬
    Rock 34-18 Buff 😦
    M13 31-28 🐬

You guys been following the Gabby Petito disappearance?

She and her boyfriend go on a cross country trip.
    Only he returns.
    He won’t tell anyone what happened.
    Now he can’t be found.

Think Inspector Clouseau could solve this one.

• bailbondmike says:

I think his mom knows what happened also.

When her parents went over to say “where is she” his whole family told them to go away. Next day they filed the missing persons report. So seems they know something.

That’s fucked up. They told them to go away when asking where their daughter is? Sounds like a bunch of shitty people to me.

• Capt. Stubbs says:

I’ve been following it a lot of crazy shit on this. He actually was picked up hitch hiking to get back to the van. Says he was hiking snake river for a couple of days. My heart goes out to the family and loved ones. Wtf… I don’t get why he won’t talk

Any of you read or watch Belicheat’s response to the reporter when asked about keeping a designated long snapper vs cross training the position? It was a single question, and The Cheat gave a 9 minute response off the top of his head about the history and evolution of the position along with the kicker and punter positions as specialists and why they need to be specialists. It was enlightening. Say what you want about the guy, but he knows his damn football.

Yes he does and he’s also a football historian. He was great in the round table discussing the top 100 players of all time.

100. bailbondmike says:

His tackle initially starts shoulder just above the knee and arms below
    ————————-
    Cav, correct!

There were 2 refs in the backfield. The initial hit with the shoulder pad was above the knee just below mid thigh. The ref with that view did not throw the flag. On the other side you see him wrapping up with his arm below the knee. That is what the ref on that side saw and threw the flag. They should have talked it out and waived it off.

Marriott on IR

Glad we don’t have to face his trick play ability week 3

I’m more concerned about containing Josh Allen tomorrow. He’s a dual threat with the big arm and his running ability. Gotta pressure him and chase him down.

I’m making buffalo wings for tomorrow’s game. Here is my reasoning for making the opposition’s victuals.

Traditional buffalo wings do not have any kind of batter, nor are they dusted with anything. It’s basically sacrilege to purists to do anything other than bare skin and still call them buffalo wings.

So I’m dusting my wings overnight with cornstarch and salt in the fridge, then doing a thin batter tomorrow before frying. I figure this break with tradition should be enough to curse Buffalo and give us enough for the win. And of course, bonus, I get to eat some yummy wings.

Woohoo!! Big win for the Cards. Down 2-0, we score 3 in the bottom of the 8th to get the win. Huge game puts us up 3 in the loss column with 15 games left.

• Capt. Stubbs says:

Crickets…. I’m guessing not to many cards fans here. However to keep you from going ape shit!!! That’s awesome

I’m not a millennial, so I could care less about responses, lol. I’m the only Cards fan on the board, and the rest of the NLC is represented here with Stang, Son, BBM, and Bookman, so I expect to be the only one cheering that win. 😉

• Capt. Stubbs says:

I totally know you’re know you’re no
        millennial. I know 2 of those guys you’ve mentioned…..and while I think there awesome…. you need to keep your eye on those 2. I don’t want to mention any names though ” stanger/ son “lol

• Capt. Stubbs says:

Not a mellinneal lol it’s late for me

Cav, I am ok with the win, it did allow the Brewers to clinch a playoff spot just now by beating the Cubs

Brewers are looking down on the division from on high while we’re fighting for the scraps. But we were dead in the water a month ago, so I’m just happy to have a chance to contend for the playoffs even though I don’t think we’re real WS contenders.

Congrats! As the Mets continue to shit the bed.

106. bailbondmike says:

Cav, I am ok with the Cards win since we are both battling against the Padres for the WC playoff. Only if the Reds would have won also. Crazy, the Reds have been riding on their bats and not their pitching all season and have gone cold the last month. At one time, they were the 4th highest scoring team in MLB but have really dropped off.

The Reds have the easiest remaining schedule of the 3 in the running. So, if they don’t make it, it’s on them.

Come on Big Red Machine!

107. bailbondmike says:

It’s GAMEDAY bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!

108. bailbondmike says:

…..and it’s raining again. Eight straight days. Sucks!

109. Krishna says:

Time to start laundry! Lol!

110. bailbondmike says:

Three players on my watch list for next draft all did well yesterday. Yes, they will not be the best players at their position but I am thinking about where I would want to draft that position. I think we should get a RB 2nd or 3rd round, WR 2nd or 3rd round (Fuller, Wilson, Grant gone next year) and a QB prospect 4th round or later.

111. bailbondmike says:

Krishna, where do you live in Texas again? You didn’t get any rain from that last storm?

112. bailbondmike says:

The QB I like for next draft who could be there in 4th to 6th round is Tanner Modecai at SMU. Has all the tools. A redshirt junior transfer from Oklahoma who was backup to Murray and Hurts. Has a the tools. Not a huge arm but no less than Tua. Dude is super accurate and can make every throw. I know he plays against lesser competition but his mechanics are what have me sold. He has completed 81 of 111 passes (73%) for 1023 yards with 16 TD’s and 2 INT’s through 3 games.

I think he would be good to develop behind Tua and Sinnett since Jacoby is only signed for this season.

113. bailbondmike says:

We need to replace speed this next draft with Fuller, Wilson and Grant not under contract for next year. On my WR list is Calvin Austin of Memphis (Son roles his eyes, lol). He is Grantman size but also has the Grantman track speed. He should be there in the middle rounds. He was a 1000+ yard receiver last year with 11 TD’s. This year he is averaging 18.6 yards a catch and already 7 TD’s in 3 games. He is also a KR/PR.

114. bailbondmike says:

Hey, at least I am just posting about players for next draft and not posting 100 mock drafts. That shit don’t start until next month. lol

I think Cav should have a season long weekly feature on this blog called “Game Day Recipes “

117. ill be serving up buffalo wings in my restaurant today, lol

but i never eat em, fuck buffalo

118. Im gonna watch the game from home, and eat some Dolato laced THC spaghetti

Dolato is an excellent seasoning, maybe the best there is

119. we have to put about 10 times more pressure on Allen, than we did against Jones to win the game IMO

Allen has scorched the Dolphins , when we dont pressure him enough

120. yesterday there was a J6 rally at the capitol, to support domestic terrorism and J6

why didnt they get into the building? because stupid Trump didnt let them in this time

Sleepy Joe was more awake more than stupid Trump, sleeepy Joe was READY for them, and they couldnt get inside

SLeepy Joe can keep America safe, even though stupid trump couldnt

121. bailbondmike says:

OMG……………….

122. bailbondmike says:

I swear, Tom MacDonald needs to write another song and call it “Tunnel Vision”.

124. bailbondmike says:

Fudge, Fudge, Fudge!!!!!!!! I got 3 bonds to do in the next county. Going to miss at least the whole 1st half. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddgggggggggggge!

126. bailbondmike says:

Thanks above, Wyoming!

Oinking Gameday!

128. Josh Allen is 5-1 against Miami with 1,552 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and four interceptions.

the keys to todays win,
    will be to stop the run, and dont let Allen have time to BBQ our secondary

My wife and I have been watching “The Walking Dead”. We’re up to season 6. Most of the “biters” or “rotters” look more lively than Joe. Not a political argument, just a casual observation. 🤪

In honor of the Bill Fins rivalry!

bailbondmike says:
    September 19, 2021 at 11:11 am
    _______________________________________

let’m rot

IT’S GAME DAY BITCHES!!
    GO DOLPHINS!!!

we seen a lot of hunter long last week, i wonder how gesicki feels about that in his contract year?

is long injured?

if not they may plan to spread out buffalo’s d, rather than trying to run on them.

Iggy, in his 2nd year, inactive! 1st rnd pick, i hope it’s injury related and not due to his lack of talent.

Preston Williams WR, Miami Dolphins
    Preston Williams (knee, foot) is active for Week 2 against Buffalo.

yee haw! we get the jags vs the broncos up here, oh i can’t wait!

looks like it’s off to hooters.

Go Phins!!!

Rob – I think we watched the first episode of Outer Banks, not sure. We didn’t like it but we’ll give it another shot. Don’t think we watched the whole episode either, may have thought it was geared to teen watchers.

Last week the Pats fan left my house drunk and disappointed, this week the Bills Fan Cometh

bailbondmike says:
    September 19, 2021 at 9:01 am

lol! Maybe the following month? We MAY still have a winning record then.

144. 30 more minutes!

lets go Miami !

Week 2
    HOWIE’S LIST

David 21-17🐬
    Rhino 30 -24 🐬 (Def/ST scores a TD)
    Herd 30-20 🐬
    🐷 49-3 🐬 (Piggy farts 2x before 1st score)
    Tim Knight 23-20🐬
    CavKong 30-28 🐬
    OD 27-23 🐬 (Take the points & the “over”)
    🐟 35-16 🐬
    Manitoba 31-24 🐬
    Rock 34-18 Buff 😦
    M13 31-28 🐬
    Cpt Stubs 35-30🐬

GAMEDAY blog is up, use it when the game starts

Week 2
    HOWIE’S LIST

David 21-17🐬
    Rhino 30 -24 🐬 (Def/ST scores a TD)
    Herd 30-20 🐬
    🐷 49-3 🐬 (Piggy farts 2x before 1st score)
    Tim Knight 23-20🐬
    CavKong 30-28 🐬
    OD 27-23 🐬 (Take the points & the “over”)
    🐟 35-16 🐬
    Manitoba 31-24 🐬
    Rock 34-18 Buff 😦
    M13 31-28 🐬
    Cpt Stubs 35-30
    Mike E 28-24

OK I’ll see you fuckers around 6 after I get home and watch the game!

Wanna see more big plays for #8 today!

Game show Don’t Freak Out! LOL

Dolphins Fans, you team is all alone at the top of the AFCE Don’t Freak Out!!

LOL

153. our offensive line sucks, wow

Two DB blitzes on the first 3 plays?

That’s about a bad as starts can be

156. our offensive line SUCKS

so the defense decided to join them

If they blitz DBs – run a counter play

That’s an excellent adjustment by the coaches

That was miserable by Jessie Davis

No need to get into any details. We all saw it. The fact that we’re only down 14-0 is nothing short of a miracle.