Game 3 – Dolphins @ Raiders

I have to admit, it’s tough to be a fan. Last week’s derailment really disappointed me, truly upset me, made me realize that every time I buy in to what our team is doing I should take a step back, take a breath, and make sure I don’t fall for the hype. No sugarcoating here, I absolutely thought we were past this type of performance with a solid Head Coach in Brian Flores. 35-0 beatdown against a division rival who embarrassed you to the point that it was the subject of discussion for months after the game in which we were undressed in Buffalo 56-26, with a win necessary to make the playoffs. This was supposed to be sweet revenge, a 1:00PM game in the sweltering heat of Miami against the bullies from Buffalo. Yes, Tua was injured early, but for all the anti-Tua talk on this blog, the big armed 6’4 235 Brissett, all the Tua detractors hero, failed to put a single point on the board. I know there are at least 2 guys here who probably smiled when Tua went down and expected Brissett to take this offense to new heights, certainly higher than 6 feet. Before the excuses come pouring in about how Brissett had only second team snaps in practice (The very same excuses that didn’t apply for Tua), don’t bother. Brissett will get a better chance this week now that he is the starter and will receive the starter snaps in practice.

On the bright side, it’s just week 3 in a 17 week season. Perspective is important. I’m going to hope we got our worst game of the season out of our system, I can only hope we have. Let me say this quick before I forget. I don’t give a rats ass what some of you think of TE Mike Gesicki, it’s absurd to me that this guy has only 9 targets so far and 3 receptions. I’m going to laugh at all you Gesicki haters if/when he ends up on another NFL team and has an 80-100 catch season with 10+ TD’s and over 1000 yards receiving. It’s gonna happen, but why it won’t happen in Miami is baffling to me. Get this guy involved in this offense, feature him dammit, like every other team with a TE like him does! Who cares what his salary might end up at, you drafted him, he’s on the team, U-S-E him! Sure, we have Parker, Waddle, Wilson, Gaskin and others but Gesicki at this moment is probably your best and most dangerous receiver, until Waddle learns the ropes.

OK, like Jen Psaki, I’m going to circle back to the essence of the first paragraph. This week’s game is so much more important to the Miami Dolphins than the Las Vegas Raiders. The Raiders seem to have finally embraced their QB Derek Carr and he is thriving, and it’s not just the 2 games to start this season, in which Carr has over 800 yards passing along with 4 TD’s and just 1 INT. It started last season and it appears that Gruden has found and realized that he can be successful with Derek Carr. Last week’s loss to the Bills was a bitchslap of mammoth proportions. It was reminiscent of the many massacres we’ve taken at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens, like the 40-0 bludgeoning in 2017, or the 59-10 slaughter in 2019. This was close to those to me because we’re not supposed to be that team anymore. Find me a game in the last 10 years where the Baltimore Ravens got embarrassed like we did last week, you won’t find it. Well coached, well prepared teams simply don’t do that. So this week, with a full week of 1st team snaps, Brissett needs to do a lot more than the 169 yards and no TD’s on 40 pass attempts. Maybe 10-15 of the pass attempts this week need to find #88. Establish the run game and get that O-line some confidence and momentum. Nothing gets the O-line going like opening holes and pushing guys around. It also tires out the defense. Impose your will on the defense and set the tone that we’re no pushover, and make it that last week was merely a hiccup rather than business as usual.

At the very least, we need to be very competitive this week. There’s such a shitstorm swirling around this team right now, we made a mistake drafting Tua, our O-line which has been abysmal , of which we have spent a 2020 1st RD pick (#18, Austin Jackson), a 2021 2nd RD pick (#42 Liam Eichenberg), a 2019 3rd RD pick (#78 Michael Deiter), a 2021 2nd RD pick (#39 Robert Hunt), and finally Jesse Davis, the seasoned vet who no one seems to be able to unseat despite his mediocre play and ability and non-celebrated draft status, Davis was undrafted. Lots of draft capital there, little results. Of course it takes time sometimes, they have to jell, and we’ll all speculate that it’s because we keep moving guys around and not letting them settle in at one position. I don’t buy it. Most, if not all of these guys have done exactly that, played multiple positions during their high school and college careers. We have to find the right 5, the best 5, and then we’ll find out where each guy plays best. It’s probably harder to move from LG or LT to RT because the mechanics are completely opposite, but if you’re on the left side, it shouldn’t be impossible to move from LT to LG or vice versa. We’ll find out if we have talent there or not and I honestly prefer we do that, give these guys an opportunity to succeed rather than go to safe options like veteran Greg Mancz or Greg Little. No offense to Jesse Davis but I’d rather see Eichenberg at RT, or possibly Robert Hunt. Davis isn’t the future, he’s not even the “now”. He’s adequate at best.

There’s no excuses about the depth we have at the skill positions. I like our WR’s, we just need to get them the ball. Same goes for our TE’s. Get them the damn ball. Gaskin is fine, despite the fact that I wanted to draft Najee Harris or Jovonte Williams, Myles Gaskin is not our problem. He can be the solution if we get him enough touches. Brissett has a full, even Fuller complement of weapons at his disposal. It looks like Will Fuller will be playing this Sunday, even after the ominous feeling that he was done for the season. DeVante Parker is healthy, Jaylen Waddle is showing his potential already, and Preston Wilson is healthy, and of course, the aforementioned TE Mike Gesicki is just itching for some targets. Brissett showed he can handle the rush, and he’ll probably be seeing more of the same against the Raiders defense with Maxx Crosby, Solomon Thomas, Yannick Ngakoue, Carl Nassib and others. The Raiders have 2 good safeties in Jonathan Abram and rookie Trevon Moehrig. LB Denzel Perryman leads the team in tackles. Solid defensive group overall but not elite by any measure. Let’s hope we don’t make them look any different.

On offense, Derek Carr is lighting it up and Jon Gruden features the TE early and often. Waller already has 26 targets, roughly 3X more than Gesicki. Hunter Renfrow and good ole Kenyan Drake have been busy too. Drake will be starting at RB as Josh Jacobs is injured and likely OUT. Drake would love nothing but to have a day against his former team. I don’t know what to expect but I can tell you what I’d love to see. I’d love to see the offense come out and pick the Raiders apart. I want a good measure of Gaskin in the run and pass game and slowly move the ball down the field and use up some clock, get that defense on its heels. Then culminate that drive with a TD and set the tone. Then on defense I’d like our defense to flex its muscles some. Get AVG, Phillips, Ogbah all in Carr’s face and bring him down a couple of time early on. We need to dictate the pace this game, not play back on our heels and play from behind. We’re not well suited for that, so we need to jump on them early and stay there. I can only hope . . .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

402 Responses to Game 3 – Dolphins @ Raiders

First!!

Nice write Mike E!

Cav, in my wildest dreams I couldn’t imagine getting a fumble recovery on the Waddle muffed punt. He was never close to having possession

Just bringing this forward

Week 3
    HOWIE’S LIST

Rhino 26 – 24 🐬
    Herd 23-20 🐬
    Kong 27-24 🐬
    🐠 35-7 🐬
    New Age 27-26 🐬
    Rock 36-20 LVR 😦
    stanger 17-14 🐬

Ok, Steve, that is a very general statement that literally doesn’t add anything to the conversation. 😉

We were getting into the weeds of why it wasn’t possession. He had both hands on the ball with what looked like control and he lost it when his elbow hit the ground.

The ref and ex-ref said it was because he didn’t make a football move, not because he wasn’t even close to possessing the ball. So my question to you why do you say he never come close to possessing the ball? Because he didn’t make a football move like the refs said? Or because you don’t think he actually had control long enough when he had his hands on it? or other?

For me, I’ve never heard of having to make a football move on a fumble recovery. As I pointed out in the last blog, on a fumble recovery I’ve seen a guy get two hands on the ball with two feet down as he falls out of bounds and that called a recovery with no football move, so what makes the Waddle non-recovery different?

And I’m just in a bantering mood, if it’s bugging you, I’ll tone it down. My goal isn’t to piss you off, lol.

If you recover a fumble with 2 feet inbounds, then go out of bounds, you don’t have to make a football move, but you do have to control the ball to the ground or if standing for a second or so.

Was just messing with you Cav🤪 because you were in one of those moods

Waddle had possession as he was clipped by the D, his elbow hits ground ball pops out, refs fdup another one

Still wish we had drafted the better TE in that draft. Guy can block (unlike the big WR we drafted)

The worst ability is “Liability” or something like that. 😉

Damn MIke! LOL

Find me clips of Darren Waller blocking effectively for the Raiders this season. With 26 targets, can’t imagine he has much time to be blocking, oh, and no Raider fan gives a flying fuck whether he can block or not.

Mike E,

NICE write! I’m right there with ya on Gesicki (always have been since his PSU days, of course), and I think we go into this game wanting to punch them in the mouth. Like you said, set the tone early and we can control this game.

Didn’t the Big Tuna say something like the most important ability is Availability? I was playing off that.

I wonder if we can get Josh Rosen back……(trolling trolling trolling keep those fingers scrolling)

14. Phindog says:

Great write Mike E. I agree with everything, but my main concern is communication on offense and execution of the play. That didn’t happen last week at all. Our defense should hold up against the raiders.

CavalierKong says:
    September 24, 2021 at 1:03 pm
    I’m all over the place. Pay me no mind 😄

I don’t have enough mind to pay you any, anyway.

Rock, Tuna said “the best ability is availability”.

Ironic that the fuckface who sneaked out of Miami in the middle of the night and made himself “unavailable” coined that phrase. For what it’s worth, we were better off without him, he never had his heart in it here in Miami

I really want to be wrong. I just don’t think I am. Dolphins blew it by not drafting Herbert.

I think it’s far too early to determine that… but time will tell.

I have thought it all along though. Before the draft I was dead set against taking Tua and was a loud advocate of taking Herbert. I decided to root for Tua once he put on my team’s jersey, but I still don’t think he will be as good as Herbert will be.

All signs are pointing to Rock being right, but it’s definitely too early. Tua simply has a lot more to overcome than Herbert does. Herbert has an elite NFL arm while Tua’s is average. Tua also has the injury history so early on in their careers, Herbert is the better choice. Like M said, time will tell. Tua has to stay healthy, and he must start producing as well.

• bookman11 says:

I said the exact same thing last week after our game, while watching Herbert play.

LMAO @ “OK, like Jen Psaki, I’m going to circle back to the essence of the first paragraph.”

Passionate and excellent write, but the crusher game didn’t bother me as much as you. Maybe cause I had less expectations to start with. Bills are a Super Bowl contender. We are not there yet.

Yeah the game got out of hand, but happens sometimes. Been on some teams that just gave up, even if none of the players on it would ever admit it.

When you take a beating like that it makes everyone look in the mirror

Sometimes it’s necessary, but most times the following week you come to play

We’ll play better this week. Doesn’t mean will win, but will be better. How could it not be? Those blow outs have a life of their own.

Rockphin says:
    September 24, 2021 at 12:54 pm

Or maybe we should have traded for Darnold……..

Because I like USC, wanted Darnold to go to a team I could quasi root for, but once a jet always a jet, can’t root for him at least this year

“As a league executive put it this week during a discussion about Amazon and brewing talks for NFL Sunday Ticket: ‘Bezos wants his own team. He definitely wants to buy a team.’”

And if the man actually wants his own team he will get it out of the change he finds in his sofa.

Just say NO! To all things Amazon or Bezos related.

“Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wants Deshaun Watson. Even with 22 civil lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct and 10 criminal complaints, Ross wants Watson. (And Ross is not happy, we’re told, that word has trickled out regarding his desire to land Watson.)

Ross and his team haven’t pulled the trigger on the trade not because of the uncertainty over Watson’s legal situation but because of the asking price. Presumably, three first-round picks and two second-round picks.”

— Mike Florio….. let the bashing of him begin, even if first have seen that it is Ross with the mancrush.

• bookman11 says:

I don’t like Florio, but the only reason I would bash him here is if there is a documented source and confirmation to Ross saying these things? If the answer is yes, and it can be validated, then he is just reporting facts.

With all based on “sources familiar with the situation”….. who knows? But Florio at least acts likes he knows a whole lot about Watson and the Dolphins.

• bookman11 says:

Stanger, that is part of the point…where are the facts? I can write an article claiming sources…..means nothing to me to put that wording in there.

I liked Joe Rose the player, but can’t stand him on WQAM. He sucks Mike Lombardi’s dick all the time and constantly rehashes his takes on Tua, to the point that it’s ridiculous already. I don’t give a fuck what Michael Lombardi has to say, he’s nothing, and Joe Rose can go fuck himself for bringing him on the show with the same old tired opinion.

Florio has been writing nonsense for headline clicks for 20 years. He started because he wrote a book called, “Quarterback of the Future” and he created the blog to drive people to his book. I remember being on this site early back in the day because he did have some funny stuff, especially in his feuds against Len Pasquarelli. Crazy to see him still doing it. Broken clock, blind squirrel cliche’s if he’s right about Watson.

September 24, 2021 at 2:26 pm
    But who are we to say who and who cannot be an NFL owner? I really dislike Dan Snyder, but would never say he shouldn’t own a team.
    ————-
    Curious as to your thoughts of Rush Limbaugh being blocked as an owner. He tried to buy the Rams, if you didn’t already know.

September 24, 2021 at 2:26 pm
    But who are we to say who and who cannot be an NFL owner?

The Other 31 NFL owners have veto power. Trump wanted an NFL team too and was blocked. That’s why he tried to open his own league.

Trump wasn’t blocked. The other guy just put in a much higher bid. Trump’s bid didn’t even come close to competing. Nothing about a proposed sale that the other owners blocked involved. Never got to that stage.

But yes they can do that. Don’t think it happens much.

The NFL is the ultimate old boys club.

Rockphin says:
    September 24, 2021 at 1:23 pm
    ————
    I hear ya, but STILL, it’s far too early to determine as much. Tua still has yet to have a full 16 games by which to evaluate. And even after 16 games (a full season), it’s far too early to evaluate.

Herbert may become the better QB when it’s all said and done, but it’s premature to make that call in the here and now. 3 years (or 48 games) is the standard that I would go by to make a fair assessment of a QB.

Fair enough, I won’t argue the point with you. It is only my ill-informed opinion, but your objection to my opinion doesn’t change it. I already believe Herbert IS and WILL BE the better QB. AND since I have already formed my bias it will be hard to dissuade me in the future.

I’ll tell ya this much: RIGHT NOW I think most Phin fans have buyer’s remorse for choosing Tua over Herbert. I hear ya, and that’s fair enough as well, bud.

I’m patient… and I’m willing to allow Father Time to see what happens! 🙂

I burned my Patience Brigade membership card a few years ago. Now I have none.

September 24, 2021 at 2:54 pm
    I would be completely against. was a Rush fan for years. But key thing is no one should be barred unless something like being Epstein involved.
    ————-
    You mean you WERE completely against Rush owning a football team?

Sorry, I think your reply read awkwardly, man. I’m not sure how to interpret it.

Florio is a dick and a blowhard. He knows SHIT and says it out loud as click bait. He says garbage like it is a fact all the time and is….you guessed it…. WRONG all the time. How these fucks keep their jobs I will never understand.

Rockphin says:
    September 24, 2021 at 1:11 pm

***
    Rock, I’m not trying to bust your balls but This is ridiculous.

You are wrong, you don’t have to want to be wrong

I’ve been a long time fan of Herbert going back to his days at Oregon – actually going back to the 2019 draft when I thought he would be the 1st overall pick until he decided to go back to Oregon and I posted that here. So I like Herbert and I like his potential.

But Tua was the better prospect according to most experts. In fact at the time, I was fighting with many people about criticizing Herbert. IMO it was always a top 3 QB with Herbert at 3. Nearly every gm in the league would have taken Tua over Herbert including San Diego which were being reported as trying to trade for Tua

He is struggling this year so far and really young QBs are bound to have ups and downs but: herbert has 3 interceptions this year in 2 games. His team is 1-1 just like ours is. The chargers scored 17 points against the cowboys and 20 against the redskins. They aren’t exactly an offensive juggernaut so far and he actually does get run support to boot

Last year he was letting it rip when his team is behind so those stats are a bit artificial

The chargers won 6 of his 15 starts, many of which he threw for 300 yards in losing efforts. Tua also threw for 300 yards in a loss to the bills last season and we all called it a bad game for him bc we saw it live

I think herberts future is bright

But saying the Dolphins made a mistake by not drafting him in 2020 bc now Tua is injured after we watched OL commit malpractice against the bills is kind of absurd to me

You are wrong about that….so you can stop hoping to be wrong and sleep easier now….lol

Don’t get me wrong. I like herberts potential and always did
    But I like Tua’s potential too – just not when essie Davis is impersonating a matador….

Agreed with Pigster, once again. Tua checked off ALL of the boxes when it came to the intangibles, where Herbert had a great many question marks.

Tua was the safest bet as a true leader, and Herbert was known to be reclusive, passive, and lacked testicular fortitude, for a lack of better words.

Our O-Line to date has FAILED Tua.

It’s not because Tua is injured. It’s because I think Herbert is the better QB. My feelings didn’t change because he got injured. They have never changed. I’ll stand by my statement. Carry on .

I don’t know why I do this to myself

But I watched the play where Tua was hurt again

And I wouldn’t let Jessie Davis on the field again anytime soon after that

And I like the depth Davis gives us – but no wonder he was so upset with himself….it’s atrocious blocking and an insult to the word “blocking” actually

• ocalarob says:

Tua was hurt because he’s predictable, letting the clock run down and using the same cadence, the DE got a jump on Davis, in fact the whole DL got a jump, the NT was moving before the center was.

Jesse Davis received everything just short of death threats from Dolphins Twitter. I feel bad for him. The coaches made the decisions, and Davis did his best.

I dont agree with people who attacked him on Twitter

But that doesn’t make his p lay any any better

It wasn’t just bad play either – it was just really ugly. I’m not talking about his play overall which has its ups and down. I’m taking about that one play that one play which was not professional

i know this may be a shock to some of you but i think herbert is just a little better than tua, but only by a couple million light years!

Using a “million light years” reference which would literally take a million light years to develop when you won’t even wait 2 years is peak ORob

Good write, Mike. I agree with all of it. At the least we need a competitive performance in Vegas to at least have some confidence in this team. Right now we’re all hurting as fans.

LOL @ Rob. Now Tua is predictable too. He also caused COVID-19. Anything else?

I can see this blog article with be filled with wash, rinse, repeat commentary.

M13

Limbaugh was NOT blocked by the nfl. He joined Dave checketts group in their bid and then dropped out of the group himself following protests by the nflpa (not the nfl), people like al sharpton, and a few owners commenting about him. But he was never blocked and his ownership was never voted on – in fact checketts group without him was not voted on either. Some one else bought the team and that was approved

When the nfl voted on nfl ownership for the rams in 2010 and approved it, it was a different owner

If all things are equal, the question isn’t whether the nfl will block bezos, it’s whether anyone will protest his bid and whether that will matter. In bezos case, he’s not part of a group – it’s just his money, so his inflammatory persona (and I think not paying taxes and treating your employees like dirt is worthy of criticism) doesn’t affect a group of bidders

My guess is it won’t matter if he is protested – if he wants a team and will pay for it, he doesn’t have to concern himself with hurting his partners like rushbaugh was concerned with when he dropped out of he group he was with

Whether the nfl blocks him or not, when they vote, if They ever do, will not be an example of a double standard

Quite frankly Jessie Davis should be cut after that play and then taking himself out of the game. He quit on the play and then he quit on the team. He and he alone got Tua injured

Ken

That’s kind of what I am saying. Maybe not cut – but it wasn’t just that his play wasn’t good, what he did on that one single play is like going to a doctor to surgery and finding out the doctor left scissors in your body.

And I agree he also quit on the Team after the play too and I don’t like that reaction

If you make a mistake, the worst thing you can do is hide from it

But I am at least glad he recognized how bad it was

September 24, 2021 at 3:33 pm
    I dont agree with people who attacked him on Twitter

But that doesn’t make his p lay any any better

—————–
    You and I agree on Jesse Davis’ up-and-down play, and also agree that he damn near got Tua killed. And most importantly, we don’t agree with the people who threatened him on Twitter.

+10000000000000000

I Read a post by some one with a screenshot telling him to retire

And it’s just not right

Even if he isn’t doing a good job – there is no reason for fans to belittle him.

Some fans are just assholes

September 24, 2021 at 3:39 pm
    Guess I’m not “uber-logical” but was thinking was directly answering a question as asked would be good enough. And said “would” cause had never heard of before.
    ——————-
    ALL GOOD! I learned ya something that had happened, but as Pigster wrote above, it wasn’t as cut-and-dry as it seemed.

I had figured that as a Rush fan, you’d have heard that he tried to buy the Rams.

It is all cool. Just curious why you asked me about Rush even after said the hated Snyder has a right to own a team. Rush was the coolest cat around. He called things like he saw them, even if sometimes went against his political label. And his politics and mine generally matched up. Why was always a big fan of Bill O’reilly too. Were you thinking I wouldn’t like Rush?

People threatened Jesse Davis on Twitter?

People are fucked in the head.

are you guys saying fans are logical? Who knew? I mean, it’s right there in the name.

Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or an obsessive enthusiasm. Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as “redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim”. The fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions.

LOL

Wow, I didn’t realize Davis took himself out of the game.

And that ‘life long Dolphins fan’ is a straight up f^cktard.

It’s one thing to say something like that on a blog or between other fans when you’re venting and the guy is never going to read it. To send the PERSON something like that is douchebaggery of the 1st order. It’s a sport, don’t try to destroy a person over it.

September 24, 2021 at 3:50 pm
    —————
    Again, I’m like Spock: uber-logical and I found your tenses to be clashing with one another… and I’m surprised you didn’t know that Rush (via group) was trying to buy the Rams.

Back in the day fans would discuss sports at the water cooler at work, at school or at the bar etc. – “did you see that game yesterday? This guy sucks and that guy sucks.” Maybe a few of them were so psycho that they’d write insulting letters to the team or to the players they think suck. Now they can just go on social media and be complete assholes. Social media has shown us how fucked up some people are when it was once more quiet.

Kong, I hope you NEVER come to the Fest then! I absolutely do not need to see you in nothing but a 30+ year old jock strap!!! LOL

Would love to hang out with you on any day other than game day though. 😉

you guys are so hard headed, you have to work on having an open mind and look at things objectively. look at the 11:39 mark of the video, watch how the DL got a jump on the play

NO NO NO NO!! SIT THE FUCK BACK DOWN!

ROFLMAO!

Alright, I’m going to introduce something new to this blog: thoughts from other Phin Fans from Twitter. I won’t endorse what they have to say, rather we can comment on what they have to say.

I say it’s COACHING, specifically, at the O-Line coach’s position, coupled with this idea that we should cross-train EVERYBODY, when NOBODY has settled down into one position of expertice.

The last time we had a strong OL was in 2009 with Jake Long, Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, Donald Thomas and Vernon Carey. The problem is it didn’t last due to injuries. When they were all healthy they were knocking people around.

Nothing, that’s just CavalierKong’s game day wardrobe. ehrp

Look at the video above, don’t just say stupid shit, run & hide.

September 24, 2021 at 3:23 pm
    LOL @ Rob. Now Tua is predictable too. He also caused COVID-19. Anything else?

September 24, 2021 at 3:31 pm
    That’s a joke dude

That guy doesn’t even know who the name of the guy who sacked Tua was on the injury

I’m not hiding – I’m confronting it

You are so desperate to believe it’s Tua’s fault you don’t even realize he called it wrong and didn’t take a minute to scrutinize the video

THat guys is feeding you Tua hating candy and you are standing in front of him like a porn star pre-bukkake

Orob

Who the fuck is that guy?

That is not Greg Rousseau sacking Tua, that is AJ Epenesa and he is not a speed rusher he ran a 5.04 at the combine and is anything but a speed rusher

On that play Jessie Davis flat out whiffs a very startightfoward 1 on 1 matchup with a defensive end
    The guy on the inside of Espenesa on that play is DEfensive tackle Vernon butler

It’s not complicated

There were missed assignments and missed blitz picks up on the DB blitzes in the game – but that’s not the Tua injury

The Tua injury was Aj Espenesa (a relatively slow defensive end) running right by Jessie Davis and facing nothing but an arm on his arm from Davis who was facing Espenesa 1 on 1 presnap as well

Ok. Just to be clear, I was screwing around to get some laughs at my own expense.

My high school team never won a championship. We were terrible…

mf13ss says:
    September 24, 2021 at 4:19 pm

It can’t just be coaching though, we’ve tried “proven” O-line coaches like Pat Flaherty, Jeremiah Washburn, Chris Foerster (snort snort), John Benton, Steve Marshall and others. ALL of these guys came here with a ton of experience and prior success but all failed here. Whey?

It may be as simple as the players are either too young developing at the same time, or they’re simply not good enough.

Forget what the guys saying watch the video! look at the NT, he’s all over the center before Tua got the snap!
    oh the blind followers around here, how can different people look at the same video and be so opposite.
    this is what you get when you try to take the leftwing blindfold off these guys.

try to lead the mule to water, you have a hold of his reins, dust flying, he’s kicking and snorting the whole way!

It is all Jonathan Martin’s fault! Giant pussy!

For the record and I have said this to a few people before today

I saw the blitz’s that were not adjusted to. I mentioned in game live that the db blitzes weren’t picked up and it’s not necessarily blocking that’s the problem when that happens

I assume part of that goes on the QBs presnap, the coaches actually called out dieter, but even that said, I don’t think Tua is innocent on those plays

But on the tua injury – that’s just Jessie Davis getting owned by Espenesa…actually it doesn’t even look like Davis is trying

So stop calling me stubborn ORob. You are the one trying to blame a very bad effort by Davis on that play on Tua and that is flat out absurd

I don’t need to watch a video of a guy who doesn’t know who is lined up where to know that

Piggy and Cav ride again!

ORob

See this angle

Wingfield calls it right

On that play, the play is designed for Gesicki to clear out the defenders underneath, and then waddle cuts inside

Waiting until the clock says .03 (which happens all the time in the nfl, but I hate) has nothing to do with what happened

They were in shotgun on 4th and 2, and waddle motion to the slot – they were passing the ball

The play required a little time to develop, you can see waddle skip on his route to slow down

And Jessie Davis just flat out whiffs

That is all that happened on that play

Everyone knows if an OL whiffs, it is the QBs fault. Like when a receiver drops a perfectly thrown ball, it is on the QB.

Cav

Thanks for leaving that Cardinals crap on the previous blog 😒

LOL, just being nice 🙂

If we had about 15 games left instead of just 9, I’d say the way we’re playing right now we have a shot at the division (we also just took the 1st of a double header against the cubs to make it 13 straight). Unfortunately it’s a little too late so we’re going to be stuck in a 1 game playoff.

September 24, 2021 at 5:02 pm (Edit)

***

I think that’s right Tim

It’s a guess, but we are all guessing at the end of the day

We have a collection of young players at QB, WR and Especially OL
    It’s a lot to ask them all to play like vets and the bills really game planned early to throw in a lot of DB blitzes to confuse everyone

It should have been easy to deal with and it wasn’t

Maybe they just suck and are bad picks
    🤷

But I know they are inexperienced. I know that when Jackson was drafted he was a raw talent with a high ceiling and I know Davis is the least physically gifted on tHe OL but The only vet

So, that makes me optimistic….maybe we work through this

But on that particular 1 play by Davis, I’m outraged, bc that goes beyond just not having experience

It’s Friday let’s move onto the Raider game, ……. and the Brewers sweeping the Mets this weekend, and The Ryder cup in Wisconsin, and the Badgers beating Notre Dame, and, oh yeah music.

Piggy, those humans made me do it!

Let’s remember, the Raiders’ O-Line of last year was formidable, and they got rid of nearly all of them. This year, they look fairly good. The same can be said for the Cheifs after their loss in the Super Bowl… they nearly totally resurrected their O-Line without missing a beat.

Why is it that it’s only US who can’t have a decent O-Line?

It’s not only us, many teams in the league have OL issues. The Giants for one. Their fans talk about that all the time.

Davis got owned. Even if the defense guesses right on the snap….which is something they try to do all the time…Davis should STILL have time to react to Epenesa and grab his ass at the very least. You don’t let a guy come free like that and get a free shot on your QB, ever. You take the holding call and move on. Any professional OT should be able to do at least that. Davis barely touched him. Completely on him….no matter what Tua did or didn’t do.
    ***
    The more I see these videos people keep putting up, the more I’m questioning our OL coaching. A young, rookie coach with a bunch of young OL. What we’ve seen so far hasn’t looked professional….maybe that’s because nobody in the room has much experience. I don’t know. Something has just looked off. That usually makes me think coaching or something going on internally.

Agreed and Agreed

But I’m going to make some room to excuse the coaching – what choice did they have but to remake this OL with new players

If you think about it we basically drafted a QB and his OL. 2020. Picking up blitzes are going to be a glaring weak spot and it looks like the Bills game planned for it with those DB

I fully expect a lot of DB blitzes early from the Raiders

We better get past this fast

That said – that wasn’t what happened on that Davis whiff. That was just a Davis whiff. The coaches really can’t win: after letting Flowers go Davis is the only one with experience out there – and he’s overwhelmed by der wove players with much more talent

67. Krishna says:

I loved the angry writer “piece”. Thanks, Mike E.

So I haven’t talked about it on the board other than the one time I mentioned it over a year and a half ago- my mother’s cancer.

She is stage 4 with uterine cancer metastasized to her liver. Almost two years ago they removed a fist sized tumor and part of her colon. They didn’t give her much of a chance to survive long term because cancer in the liver is a real beeitch. She was close to gone with the chemo treatments, we were watching her just waste away, and she wanted to give up.

Well, the treatment started working on the uterine cancer, she started getting better. But they told her the treatment wouldn’t help with the liver, and after the chemo they put her on a hormone therapy to arrest any progression of the liver tumors, but it was only supposed to be a temporary solution.

Fast forward a couple of months, they couldn’t find any signs of tumors in the liver, she was in total remission. They wanted to wait at least 6 months to be sure it didn’t crop back up before they removed her colostomy bag.

I just got the call a moment ago, her surgery to remove the colostomy bag and reattach her colon was successful, she’s in recovery right now. She’s so happy at the thought of getting rid of that thing and to be able to live a normal life again. I’m crying at my work desk right now. I’m so happy and thankful.

Piggy,
    You know me. I’m not the type to rush to judgement on players or coaches. I don’t think this OL will be where they can potentially be for another year or two. I really don’t know much about our new OL coach, and I’m willing to give him time to develop too. I just think all that inexperience may be coming into play.
    ***
    These young guys are too athletically talented to be looking so bad. They’ve looked lost and confused, and I usually attribute that to coaching. The players say they like him but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a good coach. I’m in no rush to judge. This was always still a developmental year for me anyway. If they don’t look better and more consistent by the end of the year, I’ll be a little worried.

Kong,
    Great news! Glad to hear that your mom is doing well. 🙂

72. ElephantRider says:

Mike E

Another great write up! The first sentence is tattooed on us all.

Kong

Great to hear!

Finally some good news

CavKong,

HELL YEAH!!! GOD IS GOOD, as Bookman stated above! I’m so happy for you, my Brother!

Hey, my guy Elephant Rider,

WELCOME BACK!!!

Nevermind (the album) is 30 years old today

Soon it’s knees will hurt

Barry with the silver lining

Mike E ON FIRE today … well done sir.

Again , I am expecting to see an entirely different attitude from the team this week after getting new Assholes chewed all week ..

Steve: thank ya , will be good to meet ya …

Week 3

🐠 35-7 🐬
    New Age 27-26 🐬
    Rock 36-20 LVR 😦
    stanger 17-14 🐬
    🐖 24-10 🐬
    🦫31-13 🐬

Rob – It’s hilarious that you blame the QB for an O-line failure and the D-line getting a jump. Maybe the play call was obvious, last I saw, Tua doesn’t coach the team or make the play calls. That’s up to the coordinators. You go out of your way to place blame on those you don’t like, and that’s fine. Just own up to that

And Tua attempted four passes last Sunday. Seems Jacoby Brissett is what to talk about.
      Most important for next Sunday at least. But guess is gonna leave ORob with less to talk about next Monday. 🙂

The word you were looking for is repetitive! Not hilarious!

I get hazing. Been part of it Both on the taking and giving end. But a 1.75 liter bottle of Jack? These guys should go to jail.
    ——————————————
    “Nearly eight months after 19-year-old college freshman Adam Oakes died of alcohol poisoning following hazing at a fraternity party, 11 people have been indicted in connection with the tragic event.

Oakes, a first-year student at Virginia Commonwealth University was at a gathering at Delta Chi’s off-campus frat house when he was ordered by the older members to drink an entire 1.75 liter bottle of Jack Daniel’s whiskey.”

Shock G talks about flowing on the D-Line, and that’s a must. But we’ve also got to be flowing on the O-Line!

85. Capt. Stubbs says:

Kong, so freaking GLAD to hear that about your mom!! I absolutely love the dolphins however they are and always will be second to that.
    FUCK CANCER!!!! So happy for you

Kong great to hear about your Mom!

That’s a good win brother!!!!!

ER – Thanks bud – Again, really glad to have you back, hope things are good for you my friend

Kong – That’s just fantastic news man. So happy for you and the family

That’s what quitters say!

Awesome Kong 💪

Let’s blow the roof off this joint!

Good to see you ER

Wyo – How bout both hilarious AND repetitive?

Ryder Cup ass whooping on day one
    USA – 6
    Them – 2

95. bailbondmike says:

Cav, Great news! Makes the heart feel good!

96. bailbondmike says:

LOL @ Rob. Now Tua is predictable too. He also caused COVID-19. Anything else?
    —————————-
    Yeah, heard Dem’s are blaming Tua for the border crisis.

97. bailbondmike says:

Watched the whole second round or the Ryder Cup. Some great golf today!

Krishna
    September 24, 2021 at 8:27 pm
    You
    ——————-
    I don’t know about Clueless????????
    Maybe an asshole?

But he’s still a quitter!

• Krishna says:

Maybe both, but I don’t want to do this.

A quitter is one that quits on themselves, on others, on life. I don’t see any of that in Ricky.

Walking away from a profession because it no longer serves you and where you are in life does not bestow “quitter” status on one. If anything it shows courage to walk your walk. That’s not quitting in my book.

Sorry, you don’t get to get your rocks off on my life. It’s a fucking game.

• New Age says:

I digged that.

• Krishna says:

The played here at Stubbs (yes Stubbs the home of the original BBQ sauce and restaurant) and some friends of mine that went to their show turned on to them. I’ve been listening ever since.

Easy listening, seems to be a multi-cultural music fusion of asian, indian, funk, country. Just soothes my soul.

Just thought I’d share, especially some of you into some different genres.

• Krishna says:

Lol….those in TX know about Stubbs BBQ sauce, at least I think they do.

• Krishna says:

And, the band is from Houston.

Not everyone who lives in TX is into cowboy hats, boots, buckles and country music….lmao!

Great news on your mom Cav Kong. #fuckcancer

UMMMMMMM! Not everyone quits!
    Only the selfish few!

Why can’t we all just get along?

Thanks to everyone for the nice responses. Much appreciated 🙂

Starting off like yesterday
    2 matches started both up.
    Koepka and Berger are two up after two holes
    Johnson and Morikawa are one up after one

Sergio has the yips again

Fidget fidget fidget yank practically into Lake Michigan

106. bailbondmike says:

Was gong to post a fishing video of someone I would like to hire as a fishing guide. Unfortunately, half way through the video she is down to her thong bikini. She is not just a natural beauty but really seems to know her shit. Outdoorsy woman are awesome.

If you want to check it out, open up youtube and search “Solo Skiff Fishing – Sight Casting to HUGE Black Drum” or “Erica Lynn”.

107. Phindog says:

Kong,
    Great news about your mom. She’s a fighter and I’m glad she got positive results after a normally bad diagnosis. 👍

Berger and Speith are shitting the bed. In different groups.
    And Dechambo isn’t even playing.

109. Krishna says:

Why is Bryson out?

110. Krishna says:

I know first day is 4 ball. Today’s format same?

Cav, great new on your Mom, glad to hear that.

Don’t worry, we are in good hands with Brissett, I think it will be an interesting game tomorrow, these OLman are playing for their jobs.

I would like to see Eichenburg inserted somewhere, when he got pancaked it looked bad however Kindley had stepped on his foot and he got tripped up.

maybe give him a shot at LG, the loss of Flowers has affected Jackson, he had that veteran presence on that side, he no longer has that and Kindley should not be a starter.

you can move Davis to LG and put Liam at RT, or put Liam at LG.

I see mr pocket pressence Tannehill is playing qb for the Irish today

Cav — I’m so happy for your Mom. And I’m so happy for you. You both got the gift of her life a second time.

With Richie Incognito out, Sunday’s game might not be quite as classy. 🙂

my best childhood friend has been battling stage 4 lung cancer since being diagnosed in 2012, at that time they gave him a 5% chance to make it past 5 years.
    he’s still with us, scans do not show progression at this time.

Badgers 4 star QB is horrible

“Suspended wide receiver Josh Gordon has been reinstated in the NFL.”

Means he is available.

Not surprised Tua was put on IR. He’s going to miss at least 3 games anyway.

I think this guy knows what he’s talking about…

And THIS one, too. Breaking down Austin Sackson in week 2…

I maintain that either Austin Jackson is hiding a current injury, or he’s been injured and isn’t the same player we drafted. His lack of mobility and lack of core strength gives him away. Something is WRONG with Jackson.

Austin jackson had a veteran next to him last year in flowers to help him control the left side. Kindley shouldnt be starting. Thats the issue with jackson

Jackson’s not using leverage or his hands well on the guy he’s blocking. It has nothing to do with who’s next to him.

Jacksons coming off covid. Without fowers hes on an island by himself. Jackson is a top 5 ol on this tean regardless of whete he plays. Kindley may be #6 ol

Okay and if that’s affecting him he shouldn’t be playing. He’s moving around well with his feet but he’s not bending and using his hands well. He looks bad on those clips in the video. I’m not sure what’s going on with him. I’ve seen him play better.

Kindley out eichenburg in

I don’t care who plays and lines up where on the OL. Just want to see them play better.

Hell YA!!!!

Doggy, Rob, and Stang- cheers, guys!

Woohoo! 2021 Cardinals break the team win streak record set by the 1935 team. Now give us a Dolphins upset win over the Raidahhs to cap off the weekend…

• bailbondmike says:

I thought they would make a run in the last month but this shit is ridiculous. Congrats man!

Thanks, bro. As a fan, you don’t get too many of these historic team moments, so I’m enjoying it while it lasts. I’m just hoping we didn’t peak a little bit too early and we can translate this into an upset in the WC game.

September 25, 2021 at 8:17 pm
    He doesn’t look injured to me. He’s moving pretty well but his technique is flawed.
    ————
    I disagree, but that’s a moot point. Something isn’t right with Jackson, and I 100% agree with ya thinking we’d see progress out of him this year from last. Something isn’t right with him, IMO.

I think the #1 thing I’m seeing out of him is diminished reaction-time and how he responds. He’s got no punch, he’s got no leverage, and he’s constantly on his heels. Agreed that his tech is flawed, but I don’t think he’s moving well either. JMO, bud.

His feet look fine to me, he’s not bending and using his hands well. He looks mentally lost to me rather than physically. He’s almost playing like he thinks it’s going to be easy and instead he’s being schooled.

It’s entirely possible that it’s from the neck up… I can’t refute that as a possibility. Nevertheless, I think most/we can agree that SOMETHING isn’t right with Austin Jackson… and I really hate to see this happen to such a young cat with so much potential.

Agreed. If you’ve ever heard him talk he’s very mature for his age and comes off like a vet. The physical size and athleticism is there. So what’s going on?

So what’s going on? I truly think Austin Jackson gets it from the neck up: we agree that he’s very mature for his age. This is what leads me to believe that there’s an injury going on. Maybe it’s something he sustained late in the 2020 season, but he’s just not the same player we saw last year… he’s REALLY regressed from last year. Sad.

Only other theory I have for ya, Tim, is that TWO OCs are funkin’ up the reads. TWO many chiefs, and not enough Indians. I dunno, Bro.

Week 3
    HOWIE’S LIST

Rhino 26 – 24 🐬
    Herd 23-20 🐬
    Kong 27-24 🐬
    🐠 35-7 🐬
    New Age 27-26 🐬
    Rock 36-20 LVR 😦
    stanger 17-14 🐬
    🐖 24-10 🐬
    🦫31-13 🐬
    M13 24-13 LVR (sorry, y’all… left side of the O-Line is going to get righty Brissett killed)

Cav,

I hate the Cardinals but props to the them!

M13, I’m not seeing a physical issue with Jackson unless it’s his back and that’s why he’s not bending. But I saw some plays where physically he looks fine. It’s not that he’s not mentally good enough, is there something else going on in his life that is keeping his head out the game.

That’s the third possibility: that there’s something else going on in his life. I won’t speculate on it without evidence, and I’d never do that to someone.

Again, I dunno, my man. It just sucks to see Austin Jackson regress this badly.

Yeah I’m not saying there is anything going on, just looking at it from a human standpoint. We’re all affected by different things in life. I’m wondering why he’s regressing instead of progressing too.

M13, I think you’re spending too much time on the co-OC thing. It’s not like they’re all barking different things to him. That makes no sense. I think the co-OC thing is basically run game coordinator and pass game coordinator which is common today. However they decided to call the game plan, QB coach is the only voice in the QB’s helmet. How would that affect Jackson? We’re running this play, this is your assignment.

Time, Tim. By the time the co-coordinators disseminate and agree on the play, it leaves that much less time on the play-clock for our QB and Center to find and bark out assignments/protections.

It’s a working theory — not fact — on my part for a couple of weeks. Revisit the first video I posted earlier @ 7:27 PM this evening: it would at least seem to back my theory, in part.

Perhaps my theory is nothing, and that’s all good. I’m just seeing a pattern…

I don’t think they’re both deciding on a play. I think that was worked out in the game plan during the week before the game even starts. Field position, down and distance, time on the clock, red zone etc. I don’t know who’s calling the plays, but Studesville is on the sidelines and Godsey is upstairs. Frye is the voice in the QB’s ear.

I’m not seeing bad play calls as much as we’re not blocking them. Every play seems like it’s hectic on the LOS. Hard to play that way. Then we have drops and dumb penalties. Let’s hope it was just a really bad game and they can clean it up quicker than we fans think it will take.

Josh Jacobs is doubtful tomorrow. He’s a good back we probably won’t have to deal with.

138. bailbondmike says:

The result of teaching CRT??? Who are the ones being “racist”? The one with the “Police Lives Matter” sticker on his laptop or the ones filming this video?

This is the fucking future of our country? Fucking unreal

Stupid is stupid. I don’t care what color or race anyone is. I don’t care about the future of this country when I’m dead either. That’s on the people living in the country. They’ll make they’re own bed.

• ocalarob says:

That looks to be a public liabrary, they can’t be kicked out of there for having a police lives matter sticker, if the employees who work there make them leave because of that, they are violating their constitutional rights and are opening the city up for a law suit.

• Krishna says:

I will say this, one should consider sensitivity training….

I wonder what the congregation of a Jewish temple would say to someone who walked into a synagogue with Swastika’s embroidered on their jean jacket.

I wonder what reaction you’d get if white-hooded “parishioners” marched into a black church.

I also thought it is was funny claiming “white culture” needs to be protected….lol. That was rich. I wonder how black people felt when they there was no bar counter, bathroom, or line allowed for them. And this existed in my lifetime.

CRT has some valid points and no one should be afraid of exploring this dimension of history, imo, of course.

As far as the future of this country, one can only imagine. I doubt it will crumble because we got smarter, learned some history, and were a tad more sensitive and respectful of others’ differences….lol.

Did you see the Taliban is starting to hang people in the city centers in Afghanistan? And they’re all the same color…….geez, loueez.

• Phindog says:

I know your a level headed mellow guy, but if you listen to what she was saying you can see that she is provoking racism towards anyone white over just a sticker supporting law inforcement. She claims that the space is hers but he goes to the same school so why isn’t his place as well. Our youth get triggered over the stupidest things.

They weren’t kicked out. The video is labeled wrong

They were confronted by two girls the same age as them who were trying to kick them out

They were at best harassed, and really it’s just a couple of their peers who are doing the harassing. The university (asu) did not force them to leave

They are sitting in the multicultural center of the library with tshirts and stickers obviously trying to instigate something. And they are obviously stating their opinion which they know differs from the people fighting with them. They started a go fund me page after this event….so it’s a bit of a con if you ask me . They are hardly victims – they were obviously looking for a fight

It’s a taxpayer funded library. The 14th amendment prevents preference by race. So they can’t be kicked out with anyone with the power to do it. But you can hear them in the video say “I’m going to the dean office”. It looks like they left voluntarily after those two girls caused the scene

The constitution doesn’t prevent any of this. If the university had kicked them out based on race, it would prevent that. The unversity may have rules that prevent students from harassing other students, but I wouldn’t take that route if I was the university if I thought people were trying to instigate an argument a\on my campus.

That’s not the result of crt. Those two girls are just being fucking brats. They completely took the bait.

The problem BBMike in posting something like this, IMO, is that you are inviting some one to take a position on this subject, and it’s not much different than those boys who were clearly looking for that confrontation. I’m not going to police everyone and I’m not acting on any authority – but I don’t really love this sort of stuff posted randomly on the blog

IMO people should Stop getting worked up about these things. It’s just as beneficial as getting worked up about people fighting over parking spots

There’s an entire industry of people who post inflammatory stuff online and it’s making people crazy. Imagine if you lived your whole life watching video clips of drivers cutting off other drivers on the road or other incidents of confrontations between normal people – everyone would be afraid to leave the house

The asu dean responded to the video
      The Dean of Students Office will be discussing it with all involved,” the statement said. “ASU is a community of more than 100,000 people from all 50 states and more than 150 countries. Differences of opinion are part of the university experience. The university expects respectful dialogue between students in all engagements.”

And I think he’s right. It’s just normal day to day stuff when you live in environments with different people from difference places

Except – I will turn it up one level: we are all surrounded by idiots. Everyone in that video on both sides is an idiot. I personally don’t like to get worked up about idiots and it obviously wasn’t the respectful dialogue that asu expects

But it’s not the end of the world either or a downward spiral
      Or even sign that the world or country is changing

It’s just dumb people

139. Krishna says:

Another late game. Can never start laundry too early, I guess.

we will have to deal with mr miami miracle, you know the 6inches and a cloud of dust, the man who started the 10+ carries don’t count.

kenyan drake.

141. Krishna says:

LOL….this is how superstitions start:

The first game of the year, I do laundry and I go to a Bills game at Nickel City mostly for the Buffalo wings. They were beating Pittsburgh, but then I left to try and hook up with Dolphin fans viewing the Dolphins’ game (late) at a bar. One TV had the Dolphins’ game on. Bills wind up losing, I go home to watch rest of game on the NFL ticket (it’s taped so I can start the game over, fast forward through the bullshit, and watch the last quarter in real time}. Dolphins beat NE at Gillette stadium.

Second game of the year, I do laundry and planned to go to the Bills v Dolphins game since some friends said I have to go and they would go with me. They bailed, so I bailed. Miami decided not to show up for the game and the shit show was brutal to watch alone. I was so glad I didn’t go to Nickel City. Bills win, and I don’t know what the fuck the Dolphins were doing.

Third game of the year, I’m already doing laundry as it seems to be a non factor, but unlike Piggy, I need to wear clothes to the office tomorrow. Since the Dolphins are in another late game, do I go to the Bills game, enjoy the wings, leave early, and head out to find Dolphin fans viewing the game at some other bar (or just go home to catch it on the Ticket).

Decisions, decisions…..

“Superstition ain’t the way.” by Stevie Wonder…..LOL…..Just live life. I’ll figure it out!

Tua out for at least the Jags game, he’s going to miss the next 3 games that we have very tough opponents, i was hoping to see him against these teams to weed him out. so we can know to move on to Watson. with the trade deadline coming up that now doesn’t seem realistic.

if they trade for watson now the price will be better than waiting till next off season, especially if he clears his legal situation up.
    teams will be standing in line for him.

• Krishna says:

I was hoping to seem him, too, to shut you up! LOL!

• Krishna says:

However, I will say, my only knock on Tua before he was ever drafted by the Dolphins was that I wondered if he was too fragile. He’s been broken twice in the last 3 years.

The hardest game on the schedule is@ Buffalo a month from now

Besides people can judge him against the easier part of the schedule just as well. Good qbs beat up on bad teams too. If you write off a performance bc it’s against the jests, you aren’t being fair to him.

Aside from that, and consideration as to how good he is will include games he missed. That’s just reality.

It doesn’t stop the team from evaluating him. That’s not the problem. The problem is some people are wising until the off-season and are writing him off now or before the season began

KRISHNA; Like you, I, too, have some upcoming decisions to make. Those decisions involve my future level of support to a franchise that, it can be argued, doesn’t deserve the level of support it currently receives from die hard fans.

Topping the list is the FACT that this franchise HAS NOT WON A PLAYOFF GAME THIS CENTURY!! From 1970 through 2000 the Dolphins were in the playoffs about half the time. And many/most of the years they didn’t make the playoffs they were viewed as contenders for a playoff spot. Standards were high. And the level of performance was also high.

THIS YEAR I hoped, and believed, that we had FINALLY put our decades of futility behind us. The offensive line seemed to have been “fixed.” (SADLY, it has only gotten far worse, NOT BETTER!) This never-ending problem with the O-Line led directly to the serious injury of Tua. And, by the way, Krishna, this latest injury to TUA does not prove he’s too fragile. It proves that our O-Line IS SOOO BAD that virtually any quarterback is in deep shit IF he has to rely on Davis blocking anybody!! I’m wondering how Tua’s replacement(s) will fare over the next several weeks?? And I’m also wondering if Davis will STILL BE THE STARTER??

Our general manager, Mr. Grier, has been a Dolphin’s employee for over a decade. He’s NOT been part of the solution. He’s been a cause of our many problems, not the least of which is our total inability to come up with an offensive line that is above the league’s average. Yet the current owner of this franchise continues to keep Grier employed for reasons that totally escape reality.

Under Grier’s leadership it is beginning to look like the majority of draft picks we’ve used over the last few years have yet to pan out. And the performance of our free agent aquisitions has, in many cases, failed to live up to our expectations. Yet Grier keeps his job, anyway. After all, it’s been proven that Ross has a propensity for hiring GM’s and Head Coaches who, for the most part, have proven to be losers. Anybody Remember Mike Tannenbaum?? He was a LOSER with the Jets and got fired. Guess who hired him after he FAILED IN NEW YORK??

Why it was none other than LITTLE STEVIE BLUNDER HIMSELF, STEVE ROSS!!!

Don’t get me wrong. I STILL love and support our Dolphins. I hope they run the table the rest of this season and WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!

But is there ONE SINGLE PERSON OUT THERE WHO BELIEVES WE’LL EVEN WIN A PLAYOFF GAME?? Ican’t find a single soul who believes that.

I expect the rest of this season to go poorly. I’m preparing for YET ANOTHER LOSING SEASON.
    And, unless Ross sells the team, I expect at least a few more years of football futility. –Well, after all these years of failures, I asked myself on the way home from the Buffalo fiasco “Why do you still support this mess of a franchise?” That’s a very good question. And my wife’s inability to go with me is ANOTHER HUGE FACTOR. I need to spend more time with her and less time (and money) on Ross’s failed football franchise. I NEED TO CHANGE MY PRIORITIES!!

SO, some time before the November deadline, I will need to let Ross’s ticket agent know that I will NOT be renewing my season’s tickets. And, of course, I will tell her THE REASON I’m not renewing.

The reason, of course, is STEVE ROSS.

I may, or may not, continue to attend Young Stanger’s FEST, which brings many of us together. It is a wonderful event. And it speaks very strongly about the kind of man Young Stanger is. I’d be MOST RELUCTANT NOT TO ATTEND. So I’m still planning on attending next month’s Fest event.
    But I am reevaluating future trips to the stadium. Not sure at this time what I’ll do.

Finally, I hope the recent 35-0 drubbing was just a bump in the road. I’m hoping for, at least, a winning season. But I DO have to face reality. And the reality is that Steve Ross has proven to be able to make tons of money with this franchise. But he has NO IDEA about how to build a winning football franchise.

And I am NOT the ONLY season ticket holder who will be making a renewal decision soon. There will be plenty of others doing the same thing.

• Capt. Stubbs says:

If nothing else I believe you should always attend the Fest. You are our Veteran leader! If not so much for the dolphins albeit for the friends of the fest. Crazy people like us coming together is a treat that can’t be copied!

Thank you Capt. Stubbs. You are absolutely RIGHT!!
        Speaking of Nam, a melanoma I might have contracted while handling Napalm and Agent orange victims was removed from me a few years ago.
        My check-up tests at Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa are in early October.

• Capt. Stubbs says:

Best wishes my friend on negative results. You’re not to far from me so if there’s anything I can do, just holler

144. Capt. Stubbs says:

Krishna! I say you have to go to the bar. There a total connection to it. You DIDN’T SHOW UP and therefore THE TEAM DIDN’T SHOW UP. PLEASE STOP THE BLEEDING LOL

• Krishna says:

Lol…..already there! Wanted to sit this time eating wings, tots, and drinking beer instead of standing. Can take a smoke break too without fear of losing seat v space…..lol

IT’S GAME DAY BITCHES!!
    GO DOLPHINS!!!

146. Capt. Stubbs says:

MF13
    I agree on co oc’s. Turn the oc around and you get co co for cocoa puffs!

147. bailbondmike says:

Piggy, thank you for your response above. I was not meaning to incite anything. I agree with you. The opening comments were not mine they were of a popular youtube video reactor. I hate that it looked like my comment. However, the comment underneath was mine.

I knew MikeE would start a game time blog so my post would get buried. Glad it is not getting drawn out. Good responses by all, though!

It’s gameday bitches!!!! (I guess Rock isn’t up yet)

148. bailbondmike says:

My check-up tests at Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa are in early October.
    ——————————–
    OD, hope everything checks out. That Agent Orange ain’t no joke. My father lived to 85 but that was because he was a stubborn man. He battled 2 cancers and 2 bouts of leukemia related to Agent Orange exposure from Vietnam. He beat them all but still shortened his life span, IMO.

Prayers with you, as always!

THANKS,BBM. I need to stay healthy because my wife needs me. That’s what 9 surgeries (including 5 back surgeries) can do to you.
      As for me, I’m just as stubborn as your Dad (ask Mrs. OD)!!
      NOT planning on any premature departures!!

149. bailbondmike says:

Let’s go Bears, Cardinals, Washington, Saints, Lions, Rams and Packers!!!

151. bailbondmike says:

Maybe we can get Carr to tweak his ankle again and affect his throwing.

153. Krishna says:

Bills fans brought their storm trooper helmets, football mugs, and props dressed in Bills’ garb….superstitions?

If they lose and Dolphins win today, they might find out I’m bad ju-ju! Lol!

Just need to get my say in. My guess is that these kids probably picked that spot on purpose to incite an argument which is wrong. The ensuing argument, and the mindset of these young kids is all fucked up. “White is not a culture” is racist. The argument that supporting the police supports is racist is ultra-liberal propaganda and most likely also racist against whites as well. Being white isn’t a crime, and it isn’t wrong and white people don’t need to apologize for being white, no more than German people have to apologize for being German. So again, while those kids got the argument and controversy they wanted and that was wrong, the things these “multicultural” idiots are saying is garbage. This next generation is a bunch of fucking morons, and I should probably be happy I won’t be around to see it take power.

• bailbondmike says:

The youtube reactor I got the video from is black and he said, in essence, what you said. It was not “The Officer Tatum” either.

Yeah it’s not a defense of the two girls to say the two boys were looking to start controversy….but they were….and when people do that and it’s goes viral, I prefer not to take a side

Gameday blog is up and ready for when the game starts

Piggy – it’s the mindset that some people have that just drive me crazy. Despite being a “peaceful” multicultural group they clearly have an us against them agenda. Not sure what good that ever accomplishes.

Wash, rinse, repeat!