GAMEDAY!!! Dolphins @ Bucs

1,187 Responses to GAMEDAY!!! Dolphins @ Bucs

Dolphins defense giving up an average of 5 plays over 20 yards per game.

2. Krishna says:

Sorry…listening to some chilled music before the Bill’s crowd, got order in, half beer down, smoke….good times..

Then, check in here, glad I checked out…..lol!

Thinking D&B and the tailgate are the marquis events. The game is the Marquis de Sade event

Definitely how I feel this year.

5. Krishna says:

Our defense has sucked period this season…..

David my post had nothing to do with Tua or waddle, it has to do with the front office on this team, they make bad decisions, i’m surprised the obvious needs to be pointed out to you

our offense or defense isn’t 1-4, our front office is.

Ross stop hiring inexperienced coaches and GMs,

if you want to win you have to hire experience when you get your chance.

CORRECTION, DAVID. Grier’s picks ARE a sure thing. SURE TO BE BA-A-A-A-DDD!!!
    When Ross got rid of T-Baum, I felt for sure we’d see improvement.
    Guess I was wrong!!

10. Rhino says:

looks like the post-game bath salts have found the blog. time to go inside and lock the door for a few days. lol

This ………team………sucks……….,,

I didn’t expect a win today but I expect our defense to show up at some point and they have yet to do that. I am not ready to give up on Flores. I think he did a great job his first 2 years. This year not so much but way too soon to move on from him so everyone just hold it check. I think it may be a little different with Grier

Did they get a turnover in the first half or is that over? I didn’t see it.

With 2 TDs today, Gaskin became the 1st Dolphins player on the season to score more than 1 TD.

Gaskin had 5 rushes for 25 yds- 5 yd average.

On the season, Gaskin has 34 rushes for 167 yds- 4.9 average.

That is less than 7 rushes a game for a back averaging nearly 5 a rush.

KONG; An above average QB can somewhat compensate for “other big problems” with a franchise (such as a clueless owner). Playing the Jets, twice, Houston, the Giants, Jacksonville and a few other teams with losing records might help the Fins level the ship a bit when Tua gets back.

But we all know the truth, don’t we??

We’re a complete mess. The fact our defense is the 2nd worst ppg (pending the rest of the week 5 games) is the real shocker.

The whole team has regressed…every…single…unit…except maybe the RBs. That’s a major coaching problem.

I think a large majority of Grier’s moves have been called into attention as questionable.

We should have drafted Herbert. Dolphins suck

Waddle is about one of the most hands of stone mother fuckers I’ve ever seen.
    Our D sucks and that sucks because we thought we could rely on them.
    Jags and Falcons are two tough games before Buff smokes us again. Tough year.

Jacoby Brisset 27/39 for 275 yards and a 7.1 yard average with 2 TDs and 1 INT for a 95.6 QB rating.

Actually liked how they moved the ball in the first half at least.

Nothing clutch whatsoever and that pick was horrible

SON; What good is a 95.6 QB rating if your team loses by 28 points?? You are what your record says you are.

Hard to put the pick on Brisset though. That one was all on Waddle.

That’s true, been drinking and kind of forgot why I was railing on Waddle above. Lol.
        Waddle hasn’t done anything, he’s supposed to have all these moves yet the first tackler takes him down every time he’s supposed to be supersonic but I’ve never seen him down field he’s supposed to be versitile and dynamic but he’s stuck in mud.

Waddle has looked like a real good player. Still waiting to see trade up to #6 worthy.

I thought Brissett gave us a decent game today. The hamstring injury clearly hampered his movement and throwing ability, but he hung in there, made some plays, and had us within one score with 7 minutes in the 3rd. I think his movement got worse as the game went on.

They really must not feel good about Sinnett to not even give him a look late in the 4th when Brissett could barely move.

Sinnett is raw and would be going against a real good pass rush

I THINK THAT’s on the GM as well. ANY of your top 3 QB’s gotta be able to play when the need arises. Perhaps #3 was ultra cheap??
        —NAW–!!

Thought he looked decent as well. We got killed, but we were supposed to get killed. People now act like it is a surprise.

Was also looking for Sinnett to come in, especially given that Brissett was obviously hampered and the score got out of control.

It’s his second year in the league, he should be able to come in at the end of an out of hand game where the starter is clearly hurt.

OD you can’t spend a lot of money on a #3 QB there is a salary cap. No team does

Kong I agree they should have put him when the game was out of hand but not earlier when Brissett was playing pretty well

We’re on the same page, Ken.

The FF day for Fields Forever.

Preston Williams looked good today. Glad to see him back. He limped off the field at one point (which yeah made you think injury prone), but he later came back.

Jax gets their first win of the season next week.

I saw this happen live. GB at Cincy in OT, 2 minutes left, GB was about to kick the potential game winner and Fox cut to the Niners game which hadn’t started yet and was in a commercial. GB kicked the ball like a minute later, well before the Niner/Cardinals kickoff. It was stupid.

I’m guessing you are in the Niners exclusive zone, just like I am for the Phins. Or maybe that’s just the game they had scheduled for you and cut of the “extra coverage.”

I get switching over so as not to miss the beginning of the Niners game. They could have kept it on the Cincy game for the extra minute and not missed any of the Niners game. It was a production mistake.

I mean, I get they are contractually required to do it, so you can push the failure one level higher. If it’s ultimately the NFL making that call, it’s still a mistake.

Happened in Connecticut too when they switched to the Giants

We need Tua to be really good next week. We can’t come out flat or turn the ball over or it will really signal the end of the season. We need Tua to be the leader and to lead by playing well. The season isn’t done yet but a loss and poor performance next week will be devastating

Lol, we need a different QB, and direction, the Fins suck

25. ElephantRider says:

We stink!

Let’s go Tua next week!

KEN: No where in my statement did I say WE SHOULD spend a lot of money for a third string quarterback. IN FACT, I said “NAW” at the end of my statement. So the judge declares you “Out of order” on that criticism.
    However, to be fair, I do agree with you that Sinnett SHOULD have replaced Brissett when the game was obviously out of hand. The coaches refusal to do that was just another in a long laundry list of mistakes we’ve seen from people who are supposed to know better.
    ——————–
    Question to ponder: Last week Grant got the axe after a dismal performance.
    WHO gets the axe after this week’s dismal performance??

We blew it. Should have drafted Herbert. Tua sucks. More years of futility ahead

28. i blame the loss on the coach, Flores

every week, hes in over his head and has no answers

29. the defense gave up over 500 yards and 45 points,

Waddle plays on offense

Every year I wait all off season for this team to play. 1-4 and the season is already over. Have a great “Fest”. Who cares at this point. Aren’t you tired of the same crap every year? I would not spend another dime on this team. Time to be honest with ourselves, we suck!!!

FUNNY you should mention that, bookman. I’ve already notified my Dolphins’ ticket rep that, unless there is a change of ownership, I will NOT be renewing my season tickets after over 5 decades of supporting this team. The decision is due sometime next month.

However, if the “FEST” continues, I will gladly buy a single ticket to that game as I have done in the past. My wife, however, has physical limitations due mostly to her 5 back surgeries and two knee surgeries. PLUS she just can’t STAND Steve Ross!! –So I think we’ve seen the last of Mrs. OD FOR SURE until Little Stevie Blunder is totally out of the picture. As most of you may remember, she had a security issue at a 2013 Chiefs at Dolphins’ game in Ross’s parking lot. She NEVER has received any response at all from the Dolphins over this issue, nor from Ross’s security people.

That’s the kind of guy Steve Ross is.

Why would you throw away all the money you could get by renewing and putting your prime tix on stubhub? You don’t even have to show up for a game.

Fest is really about friends getting together. And you have been a great part of it in the past….. well you and your mug. 🙂

31. You guys should get drunk and go deep sea fishing or go cart riding, lol

the fest is a waste of time if the Dolphins arent gonna show up

Bookman – Tua doesn’t actually suck. It’s not like Brissett has been marching this offense up and down the field for TD’s, quite the opposite. Today he caught a break because 2 of their best guys in the secondary were out, and we still only scored 17 points. Honestly, I’m so fucking tired of the anti-Tua sentiment when there’s not much grounds for it. He’s 7-4 as a starter for this team, so to say he sucks is just knee jerk shit. Ryan Fitzpatrick who was treated like he was a deity while he was here was 9-11, 4-3 last season.

Charger fans are probably pretty happy with their young QB.

I’m sure they are, and rightfully so. That being said, if he continues to have a record like his current record of 12-11, they won’t love him for long.

I just want to see Tua play, so I can make a determination on if he sucks or not, lol.

So we went from a 1-score game entering the 4th quarter (24-17) and ended up losing 45-17? WOW, that’s abysmal.

We’ve given up 154 points (#31 in the NFL, only the WFT are worse with 155 points given up).
    We’ve scored 79 points (#31 in the NFL, only the stej are worse with 67 points scored).

We’re playing for R1P1 in the ’22 NFL Draft it would seem, and we foolishly traded away our 1st round pick for a slightly taller version of Jakeem Grant in Jaylen Waddle.

We can’t get a good eval of Tua due to his injuries, our receivers’ injuries, and our defunct O-Line.

In the event we do trade for Deshaun Watson, we sure could have used our 2022 1st round pick that we sent to Philly to trade up for Waddle.

Were Shaq Lawson and KVN the reasons why our Defense was so great last year? If so, we got rid of them.

What’s going on with our team? This is crazy! 😡

Just looked at the stats today, 41 pass attempts by Brady, 30 completions, and only 2 passes defensed for our vaunted secondary. It’s like the whole fucking team has gone to shit

37. the defense was slow, weak, used bad tackling form, and out of position

the play where a 44 year old QB out ran the defense to the sidelines, summed it up

Brady is very slow, but not as slow as the Miami defense

More than 1/3 of Brissett’s completions today went to the RB, Myles Gaskin. We just don’t challenge teams vertically like every team does to us. It’s just amazing to me.

More than a 15 minute T.O.P. advantage for the Bucs. I feel like it’s the same old story, it really is hard to evaluate your defense when they’re on the field all day. Is that on the offense or the defense or both?

• alot goes into that

one reason is the Dolphins dont run the ball often, they depend on Brissett to win games

other teams run the ball much more often, because its so damn easy for them, so we will always lose the TOP unless this changes

We can barely run behind our O-Line and running the ball takes time off the clock (T.O.P.). Instead, we throw all day… and every incompletion kills the clock.

Tampa only punted once, and we led in TOP by a smidge at the half. Our defense sucked all day, and all season.

I’m remembering the TOP at half wrong, I think it was actually at the end of 1 we led TOP by a smidge.

I truly believe Coach Flores is safe for another year, barring a 1-16 season. I also sense that Chris Grier’s seat is really heating up and fast.

• i hope not, the team wont improve until Flores is gone, hes a liability

It will be a sign of total desperation if we trade for Deshaun, especially being we could have used our 2022 1st rounder, instead of trading up for Waddle from R1P12.

What’s more, Deshaun couldn’t win in Houston despite his fantastic stat lines: he’ll fare no better here in terms of wins and losses until other stuff gets fixed.

If Grier trades for Deshaun, it will be his last mistake, IMO.

• i feel like the watson trade is contingent on what happens with Tua versus the jags

this is a must game for him, and for Miami or heads will start rolling imo

Ross is an old fart, hes almost prehistoric, he doesnt have alot of time left, he might push for Watson if the team gets beat badly in London

its a long plane ride home if Tua and the Dolphins do poorly in London

IF we lose to the Jags in London, I predict shit will hit the fan. There will be changes made, and I think Ross will mandate as much.

And the first change Ross will mandate? Getting rid of the goofy co-OC bullshit.

LMAO

How did the O-Line look to you guys today? Did it look better with Austin Jackson playing Guard?

• it was the fifth offensive line change in 5 games

we didnt run the ball enough to see if there was good enough run blocking, but Brissett did have some time to throw

Ya hate to have so many O-Line changes and so early, for it should have been figured out in preseason. However, if it looked better than normal, then perhaps Tua will actually be able to do his thing next week.

Thanks, David!

This 1-4 hole SUCKS, but there’s still a lot of football left to be played: the season is far from over. We’ve got to make some substantial changes in the game plans going forward and tweak a few things here and there.

If this O-Line starts gelling, we could be in for some very pleasant surprises. Putting Austin Jackson inside was a fantastic start, for example… he was a total liability on the outside. Now let these cats gel.

With Tua’s return, we might be able to get the ship corrected soon enough as our schedule gets much easier in the coming weeks. There’s still hope!

44. ElephantRider says:

If we lose to the Jags, it’s over. Lol

October 10, 2021 at 7:32 pm
    ___________________________________________

your post is Tua slanted, herbert is 4-1 this season and is one of the best QBs in the league on one of the best teams in the league, I’m sure his fans are ecstatic!

Tua has less than a 200 YPG avg.

It’s not even close,

Brissett is better than Tua and we will all soon understand that

I don’t know what the odds are for teams starting off 1-4 to make the post season? i would think next to impossible.

Josh Gordon sighting!

ocalarob says:
    October 10, 2021 at 9:00 pm
    I knew that was a bone head move when it happened. why do you give two first rnd pics for waddle? career ending move!
    ————–
    That’s the kind of move that was ‘cute’ and totally unwarranted. Now I’m far from calling Waddle a bust, but he was never worthy of the #6 overall pick, at least IMO. What’s more, we were already LOADED(!) at the WR position to pick another so high.

I truly believe that Chris Grier is on the hot seat. He won’t be fired in-season unless there is a total regime change in-season… all of which is highly doubtful. Grier’s fate is continget upon our final record this season, IMO.

we could have taken Sewell there i wonder how he’s doing?

I’ve heard up-and-down reports about him, but he’s going to be just fine… like Waddle, Sewell is a mere rook.

Sewell only needs to make the transition from Oregon to the NFL… he has all of the tools to be one of the best in the biz.

Waddle, on the other hand… he has to deal with a crap O-Line, questionable play-calling and QB play (thus far)… but he’s NFL ready as an SEC, Alabama player.

we could’ve just stayed at 12 and taken Micah Parsons.

Is it just that I don’t pay that much attention, or is the OL getting a bit better over the last 2 weeks ?

• ocalarob says:

I still think we need a Tackle, Davis is getting beat quite a bit at Tackle, I like the move moving Jackson to guard, not sure why they don’t give Hunt a shot at RT

I had work all day today, so I didn’t get to see the game. But I’m thinking the same thing, Manitoba. If so, that’s a very good thing going forward.

So progress 😊👍

ocalarob says:
    October 10, 2021 at 9:37 pm
    who would you rather have Parsons and our top 5 pick this year or Waddle?
    ————–
    You already know the answer, my guy! And yes, Grier is eventually going to be judged for his unwarranted move to trade up for Waddle.

ESPECIALLY if he decides to trade for Deshaun Watson, without that 1st rounder he could have saved by NOT trading up for Waddle.

Brissett ain’t shit, never was, never will be. 4 games and he hasn’t scored more than 17 points. If Tua did that this season you’d be killing him for it, but instead you excuse away the things you wouldn’t if Tua was QB. I’m looking forward to Tua coming back, at a minimum it will be a different kind of boring , ineffective offense

Lol at a different kind of boring , ineffective offense

Mike E,

Can you guess who I wanted to sign as our backup QB over Brissett?

manitobafinfan says:
    October 10, 2021 at 10:02 pm
    Not being a smartass, where is he ?
    ———-
    Case is the backup QB to Baker Mayfield in Cleveland, man.

I think Seattle was smart with signing Geno Smith .. similar style as Wilson. Not as talented , but same offence can be run with him … I think they should be fine with Geno while Russell is out … well, as fine as they were before he was hurt

This season now is all about evaluating Tua. We will have 12 games to see if he is the answer at QB or not and whether or not he is will likely decide Flores and Grier’s future with this team

Both Flores and Grier have an F so far if you ask me
      They really exposed some serious flaws so far and that they are not on the same page at all

I’m not sure we should give either an off-season

Stanger, what’s the deal with parking passes from Stubhub

I login and it says my parking will be delivered Oct 22 by UPS

I’m leaving on Oct 19th

Why can’t they just send me an email with the ticket attached, then I can download it to my phone?

That was a pretty lame punt by Haack. Probably why we let him go…

63. bailbondmike says:

Thanks to the Chiefs, we moved up to the #30 scoring defense.

Ken says:
    October 10, 2021 at 10:42 pm (Edit)

******************************
    Not sure that’s even fair. This team looks like a clusterfuck right now. It’s not just the QB, although Brissett definitely wasn’t the Messiah some had hoped he would be. There isn’t one unit on this team playing well right now, not one. We suck on offense, defense, special teams and I think our coaching has been awful. Unless somehow the team starts playing better and the coaches get their ass in gear, it will be just like Sam Darnold playing for the Jets. There are a bunch of players who would really thrive on another team here. I can’t even comprehend what has happened to our team, but we really suck, no way to think otherwise.

I am not ready to write off Flores just yet. He has done a solid job his first 2 seasons coaching. I am not sure what is happened this year. I tend to think it is that Grier got too cute with some of his personnel decisions

SB – You asked if anyone was interested in going to MetLife against the Jets. I’d have to say right now if you told me you bought me tickets and I didn’t have to pay I’d still have to consider it. If the season continues as is I’ll have no interest to waste any more time on this team.

the team is going thru a sophmore slump from top to bottom, it takes time to learn and when you go against experience the end result is bad.
    this team is not ready to compete, you can forget this year. hopefully in time we will see improvement.
    i can see improvement along the ol already

• sb7mvp says:

This is their third year so it’s not a sophomore slump and this failure has been self inflicted. We should be taking a step forward, not backward. Hopefully in time, this team improves, but we weren’t hurt by bad luck or external forces. This lack of success has come from within and they need to be accountable for it.

67. bailbondmike says:

This team has regressed in every aspect. IMO, we have players who are not slouches. We have a decent roster. This is mostly on the coaches for me. The team seems ready to play only 1 quarter of football. They lose it in the 2nd quarter, mainly. We let teams back in.

Look at the Bucs game. We won the 1st and 3rd quarters 17-7 then lost the 2nd and 4th quarters 38-0. WFT was that?

Colts game. We win 1st quarter 3-0 then the rest is garbage.

Raiders game. We win 1st quarter 14-2 then have to come back in 4th just to lose in OT.

Bills game. We will just pass on this one.

Pats game. We win 1st quarter 7-0 then have to hang on to squeak out a 1 point win.

That’s 4 of 5 games we came out and punched the other team in the nose only to have them turn around and kick us in the teeth.

Our coaches can’t seem to adjust during the game. Sure our players fuck up and don’t execute at times but this is mostly on coaching, IMO.

68. bailbondmike says:

——————-
    100%

maybe Tua getting injured was a good thing as it gave this team a chance to move pieces around for the best result. so now he’s coming back into a much better situation for success.

we shall see

first and foremost this team has no commitment to the run game, they are pass happy and easy to defend.
    that has a domino affect on the entire team in a bad way.

run the ball and the skies will clear.

Mike,
    That’s fine. I was planning on being in the area anyway so thought we could meet up since I’ll more than likely never be at a fest in FLA.

72. bailbondmike says:

Regarding the defense:
    “After the game, Flores said the Dolphins “weren’t able to execute any part” of their game plan and said he’s “concerned” about the state of the unit.

“We’re out of sync in a lot of ways,” Flores said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “Run defense. Pass defense. Pass rush. We’re just a little bit, a step behind. We have to make a lot of corrections. We have things to address. We’ve addressed some things but we’re not seeing the production on Sundays.””

at this point winning or losing is moot, this team has to learn how to run the ball, run the damn ball regardless of the result. you can’t learn if you don’t try. failure breeds success.

Orob,
    So according to the rules you have for Flores, Tua’s first year doesn’t count either?

• ocalarob says:

Tua played last year, so he’ll be a sophmore this year, instead of trying to disprove my statements maybe you should focus on the teams strengths and weaknesses.
      stop trying to one up me and post relevant stuff.

Thanks

• ocalarob says:

your constant attempt to discredit me leaves me thinking you don’t feel your up to my standards so you do your best to drag me down to yours.

stop please

75. bailbondmike says:

Have to say OL played a little better. Still making mistakes. Jackson’s best game of the year but that is also not saying much. Will be interested to see what his PFF grade is for that game at LG.

when you have success running the ball you create a guessing game with the opposing D, we can’t let you run on us so we have to add more resources to stop the run, that’s when the passing attack is at it’s best, it extends drives keeping your defense on the bench.
    it creates a great mindset thru out the team.
    if i were running a team it would be built to run the ball first. everything else would take care of itself.

we don’t run the ball, that’s why this team looks horrible.

Grier being too cute:
    1. Letting Flowers go
    2. Letting Van Noy go
    3. Getting McKinney
    4. Letting McKinney go
    5. Trading away the draft capital you just got in a great trade with a questionable trade up
    6. Every move at OC
    7. Failure to address the RB position in the draft

Flores inherited a team in the first year that had none of his players, we were considered the worst team ever. so IMO he gets a pass that first year.
    last year he started putting his imprint on this team, making this his sophmore season IMO.

I hope that explains this off the wall subject.

79. bailbondmike says:

run the damn ball regardless of the result. you can’t learn if you don’t try
    ———————–
    I agree. We are last in the NFL in rushing attempts with 95 through 5 games and the only team in the NFL with less than a 100 attempts. We are tied for 25th in team average per carry at 3.7 yards but our best RB averages about 5 ypc. We are 28th in the NFL on rushing on 1st down (who do they think they are fooling?).

Teams with high scoring offenses like Bills, Cardinals and Chargers run over 28% of the time on first down. KC is # 2 in NFL running on 1st down at just over 30% of the time.

I don’t necessarily fault the lack of running yesterday. The Bucs run is historically good. Their pass D is suspect and we had success moving the ball against them. The other 4 games however have shown a complete lack of commitment to the run game

• ocalarob says:

how much do they run on first down in the first qtr, that is key because that’s when you establish dominance.

a balanced attack is running and passing, we have an inbalanced attack.

Think it’s pretty balanced, we can’t do either, but the real imbalance is in the draft, think Flores is the problem as he has too much power

Someone has to be held accountable for wasting all of those 1st rd picks

OK, so let’s scroll through the NFL and see which team has the worst point differential. FOUND IT!!

MIAMI DOLPHINS -75. Congratulations!!!

The team has just been put together badly and it’s on Grier and Flores. Keeping 7 WRs because they are all injury prone isn’t good team building. Getting rid of experienced OL, no matter how mediocre, is bad business unless you know the replacements will excel. Switching positions for OL is usually bad. Our OL has been a musical chairs for 3 straight years. Paying two CBs 1/3 of your entire salary cap is bad business. Letting go of FA acquisitions before they have given you value is stupid. Our cap is almost maxed and these guys are not elite. We continue to keep always injured players. Wilson, Hurns, Biegel, Bowden, etc. Just get rid of the guys who can’t make it through the offseason or most of the season. They aren’t McCaffrey. These are backups doing nothing for the team. Find stronger backups.

83. bailbondmike says:

“Seven years ago, a pair of scientists scouring high-resolution images of space caught fleeting glimpses of a bright round object peeking from a vast cloud of icy objects more than two billion miles from Earth.”

“As if that whole scene wasn’t exciting enough, the object appeared to be a huge comet. Thought to be between 60 and 100 miles wide, it was the biggest comet a human being had ever witnessed.”

“Yep, it’s a megacomet. “The nearly spherical cow of comets,” they quipped in the title of their paper, which they submitted for publication in The Astrophysical Journal Letters on Sept. 23. And the pair have also learned the comet’s trajectory has it swinging between Uranus and Saturn in 2031.”

Would that trajectory be considered the “taint” of our solar system?

Honestly, how we dealt with KVN, Flowers, and McKinney still bothers me. It looks like a lack of communication, poor player assessment skills, and a lack of knowledge on what kind of players are needed. What happened? No one knows because they were bad mistakes.

I feel like I’m usually one of the last ones to call for peoples heads

But I’m done with these guys

We aren’t going through a rough patch, we are just really bad and I don’t want either Flores or Greir wasting any more opportunities that could be used to become a better team for some one else

Every time our opponents are a playoff team, they score 40 and we can’t score 20
    It’s not much different than those first two games Flores coaches v Patriots and Ravens

The other team is winning the chess match each week

They built this team all wrong and without a safety net
    I still have faith in some of the drafted players but I think the coaches and the FO are putting them in really bad positions

Why didn’t we build a running team to help out young QB and our young offensive line
    Everyone was screaming for a RB for 2 years. And I’m happy with our stable of RBs, but if we had a player like Jonathan Taylor or Najee Harris that we can give the ball to 20 times a game would make everything easier on our offense and especially our young OL

Instead we a bunch of speedy receivers with a history of injury

I love Tua, I still have faith in him – but he’s undersized and has had injuries

You want to throw him behind a young OL without a running game?

That’s just the start of it

Drafting a DB with a first round back and leaving him on the inactive list for a quarter of his contract is flat out malpractice by the front office

What the fuck are you thinking throwing away first rounders on players you don’t plan to dress. Do Greir and Flores even talk to each other about what their vision is? It doesn’t seem like they are on the same page at all.

These guys had a ton of draft picks and capital to build a team in their own vision and they put together a one dimensional offense, with depth they don’t use that loses by at least 20 points to playoff caliber teams and tries to win games by defensive scoring

Losing by huge margins to Tampa and Buffalo is no different than losing to Baltimore and New England in the first 2 games of 2019

These guys fucking suck

Any chance you give them now comes at the expense of what could be some one else’s opportunities and when you are no better than your first two games with that many chances to build on the team – why take that risk?

I don’t know that I would even keep these guys for the rest of the season honestly. I want to get better. I don’t need to have it all. But I need to see improvement

86. happy Indegenious day, and happy day in the markets

the redditors have won ! the sec will begin regulating the shorters now !

ive been waiting and hoping for this for along time, now the shorts have to cover in the next 30 days or be subject to federal reporting
    no more naked shares!

the little guys won, and Bank of America, Citadel, etc LOST BIG TIME, lol

eat the rich baby !

celebration time !

• New Age says:

Man, I hope you’re right. Those reddit guys were almost heroes to me with the way they tried to fuck over a dirty system.

October 11, 2021 at 9:47 am (Edit)

MIAMI DOLPHINS -75. Congratulations!!!

*****

We also achieved this in the first two games of 2019

88. AMC was shorted so much, it will go from $38 to $1000 before correcting again

lolol profile going straight up today, and will for awhile,,,

89. watch for Bank of America to start asking for federal bailouts, the redditors have them in the soup line

bettors are saying the odds of BOFA going bankrupt are 75 percent, they overleveraged against the redditors
    if You have funds in Bank of AMerica, i would think long and hard about this

Ken says:
    October 11, 2021 at 9:44 am (Edit)
    Sometimes you have to play matchups. The lack of running was not really the problem yesterday. It was the failure to get any stops on D

****

Ken

I agree mostly with what you are saying

But they could have slowed down the game and kept the defense off the field
    Tampa knows what they are doing – they know they had DBs out and they were just going to try to score a lot – why give Tom Brady more opportunities with a pass heavy offense

Because running the ball would have given them the ball back sooner

Lol

I can’t say you are wrong

I should have said effectively running the ball, which is a pipe dream I guess

I do agree we need to be more committed to the run in general and I believe in Gaskin as a RB but I didn’t the game plan yesterday was bad

We can’t out throw Tom Brady Ken.

If a team isn’t trying to be balanced on offense vs Brady, they are taking the L

When you suck at run D, then get rid of KVN and Lawson, who were both pretty good against the run, and replace them with McKinney, who you cut, WTF do expect will happen?

On the other side of the ball you basically do the same thing with LG/C

Flores has no plan, and if you fire him, there’s no one in house that has the ability to replace him

We’ll fire Flores and he’ll go back to NE and build a great D

He’s a defensive coordinator anyway

I don’t understand the moves they made – they are just ridiculous nonsensical moves for cap room….and those moves just create more cap problems

Run the team like winning is the priority, not how much cap room you have

Forget about passing yards and other stats, when you have a QB that doesn’t have a clue how to read a D, you get the games where the D dictates to you, kind of like what happened to Tua last year

Tua needs to come off of IR this week and get a win in London or we’re going to hear all the Chicken Littles come out calling for heads with a vengeance

I’m already calling for heads

Tua performing well this week against a bad Jacksonville team can’t undo what we’ve seen in the first 5 games

This team can’t compete with teams like the Bucs or the Bills. What difference does it make if we best a bad Jacksonville team….

At best maybe we get to see the vision for the team against a bad team when we have a healthy roster, but so far, this team looks like a disorganized mess

—————
    Good! Now keep him there.

Maybe that will keep his contract demands down for the near future

Would say we should trade him at the trade deadline, but what good would another Austin Jackson, or Iggy do?

steveccnv says:
    October 10, 2021 at 10:43 pm
    Stanger, what’s the deal with parking passes from Stubhub

I login and it says my parking will be delivered Oct 22 by UPS

I’m leaving on Oct 19th

———————————
    You do I don’t work for stubhub but:
    1 — must be a physical parking pass visible through your windshield.
    2 — I’d contact stubhub and arrange either earlier delivery or for it to go to your brother’s house.

Did you get an Orange?

Lots of talk about the OL, GBs and the O in general but what gets me is the D. We have mostly the same guys as last year and what switchover there has been seems to leave us with the same or even better personnel overall. And same scheme — if anything folks had another year to get skilled at it.

Yet last year D was pretty darn good and this year it sucks. Did other teams just figure it out or we just lucky last year?

• New Age says:

A lot of it is luck tbh. High TO rates are unsustainable and that’s why you try to make your run in magical years where it all just rolls right.

I lean that way as well. On top of a lot of TOs we had one of the highest 3rd down stop rates last year while being average in yards allowed per play. Those two didn’t seem to match up.

• New Age says:

I loved watching it last year but knew we didn’t have the team to take advantage. New Orleans was lucky to match a TO producing defense with Drew Brees for their only ring. The Rams had the #3 TO defense in 2018 and would have beaten the Pats if they had adjusted their gameplan at all. https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/why-the-rams-lost-the-super-bowl/

Teams that can match a aggressive D that luckily produces TOs with just a good offense can usually get to the Superbowl. It’s just hard to match but being aggressive is the only way to get that defense. Flores is a great DC but this is an offensive league. Sometimes you need what the Bucs have…an offense that can just win games by itself.

We can’t get off the field this year on Defense, and some of that has to do with a lack of turnovers and 3rd down stops.

Here’s an interesting stat: last year’s rushing Defense allowed 4.5 YPC. This year, we’re a tad better allowing 4.4 YPC. Yet, we’re bleeding rushing yardage this year compared to last.

Last year, we were the #16 rushing Defense. This year, we’re the #24 rushing Defense.

Piggy,

Great comments and I completely agree. Like Steve said, I don’t see anyone on our team that could pull a Dan Campbell. My biggest problem with Flores is that he can’t bring talented people to work with him. I think firing O’Shea left a bad taste in potential OCs coming here. O’ Shead di more with less than the two we have this year.

It doesn’t seem like Grier and Flores ever communicate outside of maybe draft day? How can Grier guarantee so much to guys Flores wouldn’t like? I can’t see that…I think he does consult Flores but both have a bad eye for talent. Grier should be gone just based off mismanaging all those picks the last 3 years. Flores should be gone because he either doesn’t have a successful vision of winning football or can’t find anyone able or willing to implement it. He’s a DC that’s out of his league.

Regardless of the issues the defense is having, we’re not going to win games with the offense scoring 17, 0, 21, 17 and 17.

ocalarob says:
    October 11, 2021 at 9:26 am
    stop trying to one up me and post relevant stuff.
    Thanks
    ________________
    I don’t need to disprove the unprovable. You can’t ignore Flores’ first year and give him a pass then turn around and say that Tua sucks and base the rest of his career on half of a season as a rookie. That doesn’t track. I was giving you a chance to explain the double standard, just like the one you have with Brissett. I’m far from the only one who calls you out on it, it’s basically the entire blog.
    You should also take the time to read what others write, because I’m constantly giving objective takes on this team. If you did, you would know that I agree with you on committing to the running game and putting the QB’s in the best position possible by doing so. I’ve made the point several times over the last decade. We don’t seem to have coaches that do it consistently.
    ___________________________

ocalarob says:
    October 11, 2021 at 9:28 am

stop please
    ______
    I barely talk to you Orob and it’s because you can’t handle the slightest bit of critique on the things you say. In fact, I even defended you against people going after you personally several weeks back. I wasn’t attacking you personally with my question. I was honestly curious since your statements were contradictory. I know you explained it according the way you see it, but you’re contradicting yourself whether you want to admit it or not. Like I said, I’m far from the only one pointing this out to you here.

If our Defense can get off the field, our Offense will have more opportunity and a chance to win the T.O.P. game.

Our Offense will have more opportunity with Tua back, for whom this entire Offense is centered around… not for Brissett.

If we’re getting close with our O-Line, we’ll be able to better protect the pass and block for the run.

Really? That has happened and the offense does nothing time and time again. Even when we have decent TOP drives it ends up in a punt or a FG attempt. The offense has scored 8 TDs in 5 games. Look at the CLE/SD game yesterday. Both teams have good defenses but the offenses had to get into a shootout. Our offense is incapable of that.

———–
    THANK YOU!!!

We’ve already played the two top contenders to win it all in our first 5 games. Guess that could mess with your record and stats.
    ————————————————
    Here are the updated Super Bowl odds from BetMGM:
    Buccaneers +550
    Bills +600
    Chiefs +750
    Rams +800
    Cardinals +1200
    Cowboys +1200
    Packers +1200
    Ravens +1400
    Browns +1400
    Chargers +1400
    All other teams are at least 40-to-1 odds to win the Super Bowl. In the eyes of oddsmakers, we are down to 10 legitimate candidates to win the championship.

MiamiDolphins
    HC Brian Flores Monday October 11 media availability thread
    1:00 PM · Oct 11, 2021·Twitter Web App
    Retweet
    Likes
    Replying to @WingfieldNFL and @MiamiDolphins

No file chosen
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    6m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores on Liam and Austin: Did some good things, some things we can try to build on. Certainly some things they can do better.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    6m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores said Tua threw today and he’s hopeful Tua can practice this week.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    5m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    Flores asked what one thing stands out on the tape defensively speaking: Gotta do a better job in the run game. Says there’s a lot of things, but if there’s one thing it’s that.
    Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    4m
    Replying to
    @WingfieldNFL
    “I see this as potentially long-term.” Flores on Liam at LT and Jackson at LG.

This is what I was referring to yesterday “in game”

It’s not that Brisset was not the source of the problems yesterday, which is fair, he wasn’t really the biggest problem yesterday

But, wow, Flores had a really quick trigger with Tua last year. But he’s treating this situation much differently – and that doesn’t seem like good coaching to me

CavalierKong says:
    October 11, 2021 at 2:11 pm
    Now we just have to worry about Davis on Tua’s blindside.
    ———
    VERY correct.

Happy Thanksgiving to Manitoba and Mrs Manitoba.
    🇨🇦🍁🦃🥧

steveccnv says:
    October 11, 2021 at 11:44 am (Edit)
    It’s not about undoing the 5 week mess, it’s about stopping the bleeding

-******

I’m not sure what you mean Steve or if you are on the same page as me

For me stopping the bleeding is possibly having these guys out of position to do anything else with our assets

That doesn’t necessarily mean fire people now. But I think fates might be sealed already and if I’m Ross, I’m already looking for replacements and looking for an overhaul with some one who’s ready to come in in January with their own scouting department and vision and is ready to go

New Age says:
    October 11, 2021 at 1:04 pm (Edit)

****
    100%

Don’t build a team that flies on turnovers to win

Sometimes that’s just luck

Build an offense or a defense
    Then you get to that

Hindsight being 20/20 (or 2020), the proper move would have been to trade R1P18 (Austin Jackson) and R1P30 (Iggy) to move up to grab Tristan Wirfs (experience at RT), who went R1P13 to the Bucs.

We’d have had bookend Tackles in Wirfs and Eich, and solid interior on our O-Line.

But then again, Wirfs would have gone through what Austin Jackson has gone through with constant O-Line coach changes with fundamentally different techniques taught.

Our coaching sucks.

How do you know we’ve had fundamentally different techniques?

I think the biggest problem is we’re too young and not good enough at this time.

Austin Jackson came very close to admitting this publicly Tim

Or specifically, he went out of the way to deny it when he was specifically asked about 4 different techniques from 4 different coaches

I think a lot of us were hoping for a trade up like that for one of the 4 tackles

But I recall believing it was unlikely and maybe a 2nd first rounder is too much to move up to 13

The reason that late first is so devalued now, is bc they spent it on a CB they don’t play

If you said trade 18 and 30 (was it 30) for 13, it might be a little too much

But maybe you flip 2nd rounder or something

We all knew in the 2020 draft there were 4 elite tackles and a falloff after that

It wasn’t a secret then or now

October 11, 2021 at 1:40 pm (Edit)

****

Agreed

Why are we scoring so little though? That’s the question

Is it bc Tua is out? I don’t think it is. We may score more with Tua – but this offense is still a nightmare

If I’m guessing, they just didn’t build this offense the right way and set themselves up for these low scoring outings.

I recognize hindsight is 20/20 but drafting a young OL, asking them to quickly learn odd protection, having no balance at all on offense and filling your roster with speedy receivers isn’t really a great model for anything else then a quick striking offense that puts the burden on receivers to get big YAC

They can’t run the ball, although I like Gaskin a lot, I don’t think he’s going to carry the ball 20 times a game and rush for 100 yards. And I don’t think we can even combine running for 100 yards. Maybe a gifted athlete at RB can make tads happen when there aren’t yards – but they purposely stopped themselves from picking a RB early in 2 drafts now.

They can’t throw deep bc the protection won’t hold up. I like Tua but it’s not his strength to throw deep over and over again – and it’s certainly not Brissets

All they can hope for is for Waddle to break one. What did they think we were going to do – score 30 points on nothing but crossing routes and slants? Is this supposed to be like a Andy reid style of west coast offense. Even Andy Reid isn’t so dependent on short routes like that.

See my last comment to M13, the last sentence.

Well yeah that’s part of it

We are a young OL – I can see the personnel working out over time

But that’s still no way to build an offense: with a young OL that has to learn, no running game and a young QB

That’s where we are though. Might have been the plan all along, it just isn’t happening as fast as maybe the coaches thought it would. I think we all got caught up on the fast track based on going 10-6 last year. It’s not just the OL, it’s new and young players all over the place. These guys really haven’t played much together. It might be a take a step back season before it gets better.

They fucked up Tim. It’s probably true that’s it’s not happening as fast as they wanted – but that’s a huge miss by them. You can’t rely on having turnovers like last season to win games

Instead of asking an OL to pass protect so much, give them a run game

They made moves that demonstrated they thought the young talent was ready but it wasn’t and now that jeopardizes everything

October 11, 2021 at 3:31 pm
    How do you know we’ve had fundamentally different techniques?

—————
    It leaked, Tim.

Like I said, the coaching sucks. And it’s probably on Grier that we have such a young O-Line with no experience.

In case you missed it

Thank you, Pigster.

I guess that’s not as strong as we would like to view it as an admission c it sounds like Jackson is saying he doesn’t answer questions about coaching

But he could have said, something along the lines of his technique hasn’t changed that much – instead he basically distanced himself from the question

Leaked by who where?

When they drafted Tua

The first thing they should have done is protect him

They tried to do the first part, they drafted an OL, but the 2nd part should have been to get him a running game, and they fucked that up royally

Even without Tua at QB, I don’t know what they are trying to do. It just seems super limited – throw a short pass to the receiver and hope he breaks it? Set up 3rd and 3 every few downs and try to covert 3rd downs the same way we got to 3rd and short with the same type of passes over and over again?

Some still say we should have drafted Matt Ryan in 2008 over Jake Long, to put behind our horrific O-Line. Guess what, the Falcons already had a fairly decent O-Line.

Can’t put the cart before the horse, and we’ve done no favors to Tua’s development.

Somebody some time is going to claim Eich at LT and Jackson at LG was the plan all along. That person is going to have to explain why Eich spent so much time lined up next to LT Jackson in camp.

A good follow up Q is where are the Lochness Monster, Big Foot and Kindley.

We’ve played 3.75 games with a vet in Brissett and it’s the same issues. I see everyone looking for answers and scapegoats. The team is too new and young too fast. You want to blame Grier and Flores for that, fair enough it’s on them. There is no veteran core of success that we built on, we blew it all up and went very young. That said what success did we have with a veteran core to build on? This is the team we have and they’re not ready to play top teams. I’ve accepted that because to me it looks obvious. The Giants are going through the same thing.

Young is good…. until it is not. We could have brought in vets in places like the OL, but we did not. I think Flores want to build the team in his vision, like a college team. Now we are hitting the bumps on that road with that.

Yes! It’s not just Flores though, Grier is a major part of it. This was their plan and we have to live with it. We weren’t supposed to be 10-6 last year. The plan to continue to go young was still in place this year. We’re not a cohesive team at this time.

Yep — 10-6 wasn’t the plan. Think they were expecting 7-9 or 8-8. 10-7 or 11-6 might have been the plan for this year same time. But then a bunch of the draft choices are treading water.

This is not a developmental throw away year. We will have free agents this off-season, injuries next season and everyone else will be trying to get better all offseason. Every challenge we faced coming into this season will be there next season and there will be new ones.

They are regressing as a team. We look like the same team we fielded in 2019.

Nothing they have done has worked.

I do not trust them to implement a vision based on all the mistakes they have made in the opportunities they’ve had

And theyve had a lot of opportunities

It’s not a bump in the road – the driver is drunk. Do you want to ride with him for another block?

I actually see good things at times with this team. But we’re not ready to go out and win big games. This is what it looks like when you have a bunch of draft picks during a rebuild and you keep them and play them. You have to keep them and play them.

Look at the Bills and Bucs, they’re not made up of all young players and a backup QB. These teams went through the growing pains and are at a different stage. The Bucs moved on from their bust #1 QB and signed you know who. The Bills have been building around Josh Allen now in his 4th season. Tua hasn’t even really gotten going yet.

The Brewers freakin’ bats need to wake up. They’ve got 2 runs in 26 innings. I don’t want to see ATL in the NLCS.

This now 600 pound Elk lived this way for 2 years (the wildlife officers caught him on trail cams but could never find). He was just hit with a tranquilzer gun and it was removed. He’s lucky they got him before he grew and the tire strangled him.

CavalierKong says:
    October 11, 2021 at 4:28 pm
    I just want a good NLC…
    —————-
    TIFI

Remembering our old pal, Fin Fan Rob.

If we only had Charles Harris and Larry Allen… uhhhh I mean Ereck Flowers all would be good. LOL

Our team is cursed, I swear.

No the fan base is. 😉

Look at how quickly they call out so many people to blame because their team isn’t living up to their expectations. There’s a word for that and it starts with an ‘n’ and ends in a ‘t’. The word ‘fan’ derives from the same psychology.

Fin Fan Rob — now there is someone haven’t thought of in a while. He came to two Fests, including the first one. Strong in his opinions for sure. Then things seemed to veer of course (was worried about him) and then he was gone. He knows how to find the board if he ever wants.

October 11, 2021 at 5:46 pm
    No the fan base is. 😉

—————-
    Earlier, you were calling out the team, specifically our Offense (while we were diagnosing our Defense). Now, you’re calling out our fans. Which way is it, Bro?

You said cursed. I don’t view the team as cursed, but the fans are. I said what I think the issue is with the team. The fans always remain the same. 😉

Personally, I think our fan base is one of the most vitriolic in all of sports. And on top of that, they blow with the wind.

Every fan base is the same. Even Yankees fans who have won more than any franchise in history.

I guarantee you there are Chiefs fans who think Andy Reid has worn out his welcome. LOL

Just for some clarity on how an NFL season can go, the Chiefs are 2-3.

Stupid humans???????

The Elk wouldn’t have gotten big enough to “strangle” himself with the tire!

The horns are like your fingernails (not exactly, but close), He won’t miss them in a day or 2.

Antlers are extensions of an animal’s skull found in members of the Cervidae (deer) family. Antlers are a single structure composed of bone, cartilage, fibrous tissue, skin, nerves, and blood vessels. They are generally found only on males, with the exception of reindeer/caribou.[1] Antlers are shed and regrown each year and function primarily as objects of sexual attraction and as weapons in fights between males for control of harems.

They couldn’t have cut the tire with the animal tranquilized?

I didn’t even bother to chime in.

Yet you did. Yes I miss many points just like the elk. A tire is not impenetrable.

Have you ever seen what divers and people jumping in the water do to save marine life from human waste? They remove the obstruction not a part of the species.

The strangle was my word, but the wildlife officers said they were lucky the Elk hadn’t gotten bigger cause could barely get it off. But maybe that was about the head instead of the neck.

Love it when city folks think they know better than country folks.
    Love it when country folks think they know better than city folks.

Stay in your lane, comes to mind?

wyoming85 says:
      October 11, 2021 at 6:56 pm
      cutting the antlers off is harmless.
      Slipping while cutting something off of somethings neck is deadly!
      ————
      EXACTLY!

To be honest I would have shot it and put it in the freezer!

So I guess there is that!!!!!

M13, now you’re a mountain man eh? LOL

If you can’t tell (because I’m typing and not talking) I wasn’t trying to be a dick. Just a little clarification is all!

Everyone seems to have their panties in a wad lately for some reason??????????? 😉

Your hunter mentality when saving an animal because of humans being irresponsible is where we differ. It’s one thing to hunt, I get it. But a tire around the neck of an elk is because of slob humans.

It’s a we got crushed Monday. Way it works.

The tire was obviously the Elk’s bling

Stanger, you said they had the elk asleep. That’s what I went with in the discussion. Why cut it’s fuckin antlers off and not the tire? I feel like sometimes the Twilight Zone has become reality.

I don’t know, but don’t think the rangers knew they were gonna catch the Elk. Maybe just ran across the one with a tire around its neck they’d been looking for two years and didn’t bring a power saw.

As Wyo posted, Elk shed their antlers every year. Way easier to cut off the antlers than the tire and it does no harm to the elk. He’ll grow them back next season.

This time

Please cut the tire….

Seems that one will slide off easy….. least if you put the giraffe to sleep.

THere’s a video

It’s in Kenya

They basically put him to sleep, lubricated his neck, forced it off (it didn’t look easy) and when he woke up, he trotted away, high as a kite, with no tire, wondering wtf just happened

Gotta think both the Elk and that Giraffe rode the little school bus to Dr. Doolittle’s School.

This is how stories about aliens begin.

“Dude, I had this sweet effing tire. All the chicks totally dug it. One day, I saw this bright light and suddenly passed out. When I woke up, my tire was gone, and my a$$ like all hell.”

It’s probably tires from the same car….lol

damn, there was supposed to be a ‘hurt’ in there, lol

I assumed that’s what was going on with his ass

• New Age says:

Long,

The aliens misunderstood when he said he used rubbers when going anal.

LOL

I also think the tire was at fault for this Sunday Luckily, we saved that poor tire to put on someone’s truck. Maybe Robert Hunt’s new ride?

An Elk, a Giraffe and a tire walk into a bar…

141. Krishna says:

Glad I caught up today…holy shit….lmao.

I thought antlers on all beasts were shed annually. Maybe they don’t.

It’s pretty disgusting/disappointing we have to “cut” tires off wildlife. Nice!!!!

I’ve got nothing for the Dolphins, maybe a spare tire…lol.

M13, for the record, I’m more suburban/rural than urban. Lived by urban, worked and played in urban cities. But I have plenty of experience in the woods, on lakes, rivers, streams, brooks, and the ocean, bays, intracoastals, estuaries and any other body of water. I don’t hunt but know quite a bit about the animal kingdom.

Humans are fucking disgusting. Anyone who doesn’t think the tire was the problem, there’s nothing left for me to say.

Wow

No wonder we have so many problems this season

October 11, 2021 at 7:05 pm
    M13, now you’re a mountain man eh? LOL
    ————
    Nah, I’ve never been a so-called “mountain man”, but I’ve lived close to nature for much of my life. I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty and have fun. What’s more, who didn’t know that horns don’t grow back? I learned that in science class back in elementary school, for crying out loud.

It’s really not that difficult to understand, nor am I!

145. horns growing back wasnt the problem, the tire and the human was

the tire should have been cut off, the animal suffered enough already, without subjecting a wild animal to horn trimming torture, then trying to force a tire over its head

They just explained that the buck doesn’t feel the antlers cut and sheds them anyway

It’s not torture

I’m just being a smart ass and making light of an animal story…I don’t really see a lot of harm

Are you being serious?

Between the Urban Meyer story last week and this story about Gruden, there is some really vicious stuff about coaches lately in the news

They ny times deleted its tweet and then reposted it

🤷🏽‍♂️
      But here’s the current tweet about gruden

October 11, 2021 at 8:09 pm

———————-
    Yes, the tire was the problem… and it was safely removed.

And yes, humans are fucking disgusting… you’ll get no disagreement by me, man.

Why on EARTH are we talking about something so arbitrary on a bloody football blog, I ask?

148. saw an article from the gym that Tua trains at saying Flores has lost the locker room

but i dont think it was Tua, it was someone at the gym

When you cut the horns

If you are going to cut the tires

Here’s my recommendation – never do it while rollerskating on a buttered street!

151. the animal has horns, or antlers if you prefer, because he needs them to ward off predators

they arent just for decoration, and they dont grow back immediately

now the animal has to try to fight off wolves ad whatnot with no horns, he might die

By Jove, I’ve got it! Our team sucks because of tires, antlers, or horns!
    Go join a PETA board, for crying out loud! SMH

I should have added a 😉

• whats wrong with Peta? do You think their cause is just , ethical treatment of animals?

what if they preferred abusing animals, hard to see where that would be better

David, I’m an animal LOVER! That’s why I could never be a hunter. Yes, I love PETA, and for what they represent.

But for the love of football, why the funk are we going on hour 4 of talking about this matter, when it’s not even necessarily the truth?

• hour 4? i just got here, lol

from one animal lover to another, its not fun talking about Dolphins football, lol

THEY SUCK

they have to win the jags game or its going to get much worse

Almost like you haven’t been here before. A topic gets going and it does. Did you think this was a football only blog? More like a bunch of dudes hanging out at a bar. You obviously can post about football any time you want. Open forum.

153. im not Peta nor am vegetarian, but i have to eat a plant or animal when im hungry

but i dont have to abuse the animals before i eat them, lol

Jonathan Taylor is for REAL. NICE 76-yard rip against the vaunted Ravens Defense.

Piggy, I’m curious to see how the league is going to handle the Gruden situation. He wasn’t an employee at the time, so I’m not sure under what rule they can punish him.

I don’t think so either

When I first read the story though I was wondering how and why The NY Times had a bunch of emails from Gruden (for his days on mnf)

But then I realized the story was about an nfl investigation that has ended

Some one filed a grievance against him and the emails were between him and Bruce Allen (the president of the wft at the time)

Did Bruce Allen file a complaint against Gruden for his language? That seems a little crazy

And if the nfl had that information years ago, it sounds like they closed it already

So if people freak out about that and the nfl acts now, it’s like another ray rice situation where the nfl reacts to a story after it goes public after not taking action

This is relevant to our draft

157. should the Dolphins draft a QB next year? i think they should

i was hoping they would draft one for Tuas backup last year, but they went with Briskett and Sinnett

Too early to make that determination, unless your name is Chris Grier and trades for Deshaun Watson.

With a day 2 or day 3 pick it wouldn’t be crazy
      More like a guy to groom

I would look at Edge and OL early….maybe even WR…which sounds crazy but Fuller may not be here next season

158. Matt Corral
    QB, Ole Miss
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 198.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
    Projected Round (2022): 1.

10/5/21: In 2021, Corral has completed 70 percent of his passes for 1,210 yards, 10 touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has six rushing touchdowns as well thus far. Versus Tulane, Corral completed 23-of-31 passes for 335 yards and three touchdown passes and also had 68 yards on the ground with four rushing touchdowns. In Week 1, Corral was very good against Louisville, leading the Rebels up and down the field as they cruised to an easy win. He completed 22-of-32 passes for 381 yards and a touchdown. He also ran for 55 yards and a touchdown.

6/24/21: Corral showed good development under Lane Kiffin in 2020, starting to realize the potential that made him a top recruit. On the year, Corral completed 71 percent of his passes for 3,337 yards, 29 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. The sophomore also ran for 506 yards and four rushing touchdowns. Corral threw interceptions in bunches last season, and cutting down on turnovers will be a point of improvement in 2021. Still, he showed big strides from his 2019 season for Corral, in which he completed 59 percent of his passes for 1,362 yards, six touchdowns and three interceptions. Corral has a really good skill set with arm talent, dangerous running ability, and upside.

159. Corall is expected to go mid to late first round, the Dolphins could use one pick on him instead of several for Watson

Tua gets a backup that will push him, may the best QB win

160. i feel like the team should close the door on the Watson trade, the new GM will need those top picks for the next 3 years

who would want to come here for GM,
    if Watson flames out, and the team is devoid of top picks for the next 3 years?

161. Krishna says:

I have no fucking idea how Deshaun Watson will improve our defense!

We score (maybe with our putrid offense) and they score on our putrid defense.

Perfect winning football! Lol!

maybe even WR…which sounds crazy but Fuller may not be here next season.. Fuck , he’s barely been here THIS Year

If Fuller could stay off suspension and injury list, he is a LEGIT weapon… think it’s only happened one year of his career though

Wow, just read Jon Gruden is resigning.

165. even though the Dolphins were in the super bowl with Woodley, they drafted Marino the following season..

hard to second guess that move, the same move could be made now

Tua is the starting QB, but the DOlphins need to bring in a top talent like Corall

to initially back Tua up, and challenge him for a starting position.

both QB would be on their rookie contracts, and only had to use one pick for the QB

i dont like the idea of Watson, full of baggage, depleting our draft capitol, and eating up too much of the salary cap

Okay so this Gruden stuff goes back 7-10 years … why was it not brought out dealt with 2-3 years ago before he was allowed to become a HC again ?

168. Gruden has to look in the mirror to find the one at fault, nobody forced him to send emails

he also disparaged Goodell, and im sure that partially triggered the NFL investigation as well

169. why couldnt this come out right before the Dolphins game, lol

damn it

And EVERYONE disparages Goodell

Well that was weird , my FFB score was updated before Tucker hit the FG on tv …

172. Goodell takes alot of heat, and much of it warranted, but hes a much better man than Gruden, and still has a high paying job, lol

173. On Sunday, Gruden issued another mea culpa for a racist comment he made in a 2011 email about a Black players’ union leader.

In one email obtained by the Times, Gruden uses homophobic slurs to refer to the league’s commissioner and a gay player drafted by the Los Angeles Rams. That vulgar language extended to describe some owners, coaches, and sports journalists in other messages.

Gruden also called for the firing of a player who had protested the national anthem in 2016, made transphobic jokes, and swapped photos of half-naked women and sexist memes of female referees with other league officials and business executives.

____________________

thats hardly acceptable behaviour in any workplace. and he could be facing charges for posting images of female referees in partial undress

174. Krishna says:

So, racist comments were only seen in e-mails? I find that hard to believe. You are what you are and can’t really hide.

Did people around him just ignore it and enable bad behavior? For years? I would call that shit out in a second and you wouldn’t have to fire me.

Wow, I’m betting Mark Davis and his haircut gave Gruden the option- resign or be fired.

NOT sticking up for Gruden, but aren’t emails supposed to be PRIVATE?

177. i wonder if Ross will want to hire Gruden for HC, hes Ross’s kind of guy, sleazeball

178. nobody forced Gruden to send the emails, he chose to do it himself to try to hurt and belittle others, even sexually shame female referees to league officials

that doenst work in the workplace, dont try it, lol

179. Pete Rose got banned for life for simply betting on his team to WIN, SMH

screw Gruden, im glad hes gone, just not happy this didnt come out before the Dolphins game, lol

October 11, 2021 at 9:28 pm
    tHats really horrible for the raiders

__________________

lol agreed, sucks for the raiders, but they might be ok, they still are very talented

what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas? not in all cases, lol

181. im sure Mike wouldnt let me post the half naked female referees in sexist memes here, right Mike?

lol dont worry , i wont, i dont have them nor do i want to see them

there are plenty of other images on the net, dont need Grudens second hand ones

The Rays have made it a game.

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    October 11, 2021 at 9:52 pm
    Pete Rose got banned for life for simply betting on his team to WIN, SMH

—————
    To be perfectly honest, I’m more than sure that Pete Rose was somebody who used to sling the ‘N word’ around.

I have no doubt about yer last sentence, the world was a different place then .. but I’m pretty sure he never bet on his team ..

185. MF, going beyond the racist emails, what about the half naked images of female referees he sent out, Do you think thats ok for workplace emails?

Im sure You wouldnt do it, nor would I

WOW!!!!!!!!! COLTS!!!!!!!

I didn’t bring up the elk/antlers discussion.

188. i think the knee was down, no fumble

PETA can suck a dick!
    We were talking about horn/antlers because our team sucks and we can’t do shit about it!

If you want to confer with Piggy? The fact of the matter is some animals (just like humans) are dumber than shit!

190. Colts were 0-3, then the Dolphins helped them get back on track, lol

this sucks

Jonathan Taylor: LEGIT!

K what happened to the Raven INT ??

The Colts were a playoff team last year.

Kicker looks like a Hanson brother from Slapshot

195. wow, ravens blocked the FG

this games getting interesting

Wow

So now the Colts were a soft playoff team last year. Geez!!! It’s hard to win in the NFL.