Game 6 – Dolphins @ Jaguars (London)

This has to be the marquis matchup for those dwelling across the puddle. The 1-4 Miami Dolphins taking on the 0-5 Jacksonville Jaguars in London. These two teams have been near the bottom statistically as their records indicate. The Dolphins have the 31st ranked offense in PPG at 15.8 and the Jaguars are a few ticks higher at 28 scoring 18.6 PPG. The Dolphins are allowing 30.8 PPG on defense good for 30th in the NFL while the Jaguars are slightly more stingy allowing 30.4 PPG good for 29th in the NFL. Those of us not in London will have to wake up early to watch this game, I will be in transit that morning heading not for London but to the Sunshine State of Florida for Fest X, the 10th celebration of Dolphins fans and friends.

How did the Dolphins fall back so far? How have we become among the worst on offense and defense after showing so much promise in a 10-6 season last year? All the draft picks we accumulated, all the trades up and back in the last couple of drafts armed with multiple 1st and 2nd RD picks, and somehow with the infusion of all that young talent, we have not just taken a step backward, we have been pushed to ground on our ass and unable to get up. The way I see it, we probably shouldn’t have escaped with the win in New England but for the heroic playmaking of CB Xavien Howard who not only forced the fumble but recovered that fumble as well to allow the Dolphins to preserve their slim 17-16 victory. The Raiders game is really the only other game we were competitive in losing in OT 31-28. Buffalo and Tampa Bay beat us to the tune 80-17 (BUF 35-0) (TB 45-17). Yes, we’ve played 4 games without our starter, but Jacoby Brissett is a veteran NFL starting QB, but for a few reasons, he has been unable to use the talent we have at the skill positions like Jaylen Waddle, DeVante Parker and Mike Gesicki.

Our coaches have struggled to find the right combination of 5 players to get this O-line working to NFL standards. We haven’t pass blocked or been able to run the ball effectively and have basically resorted to using 2 TE’s and a RB (Malcolm Brown) to block. This takes yet another playmaker in Myles Gaskin off the field. It’s not like we haven’t invested in the O-line, we have. From left to right we have Liam Eichenberg pick #42 (2021), Austin Jackson #18 (2020), we traded for Ravens C Greg Mancz (2022 6th for Ravens 7th), Robert Hunt #39 (2020), and UDFA Jesse Davis at RT. So 3 top 50 picks in the last 2 years have been spent on the O-line. If you remember the Dallas Cowboys a few years ago, they built one of the best offensive lines in football by drafting the trenches early and often. LT Tyron Smith (#9), LG Ronald Leary (UDFA), C Travis Frederick (#31), RG Zack Martin (#16) and Doug Free (#122) at RT. A year later they were able to secure La’el Collins, who I really wanted the Dolphins to get after he went undrafted due to character issues which turned out to be untrue and was picked up as an UDFA outbidding every NFL team paying Collins the highest salary. Anyway, the Cowboys O-line was a beast, and they enjoyed years of success as one of, if not the premier offensive line in the game.

We purged our defense of some veteran players in the offseason, including one we traded for in the offseason, LB Benardrick McKinney. We let go Kyle Van Noy and traded Shaq Lawson to acquire McKinney. I had no problem with either move for the record. I wanted to see more of up and coming LB Andrew Van Ginkel and then of course we drafted Jaelan Phillips so I want to see more of him as well. I really thought the front 7 of LE Christian Wilkins, NT Raekwon Davis and RE Emmanuel Ogbah, OLB Andrew Van Ginkel, ILB Elandon Roberts, ILB Jerome Baker and OLB Jaelan Phillips would be a force this season. It’s still possible, but so far, they have looked inept and ineffective. The vaunted secondary of corners Byron Jones and Xavien Howard, along with promising rookie FS Jevon Holland and veteran SS Eric Rowe should have been a turnover machine, or at the very least a shut down secondary, yet we have seen neither. To be fair, Raekwon Davis just returned from injury last game and played sparingly, veteran John Jenkins who is not the freak athlete Davis is was in for a few games. Jaelan Phillips is starting to show positive signs. It’s been AVG who shined so brightly last season that has taken a big step back. The coaches rolled the dice on AVG over KVN, and so far have lost. I would have done the same so I won’t kill them for that.

We now travel to London for Game 6 against the winless Jacksonville Jaguars. The silver lining is we most likely get our starting QB Tua Tagovailoa back this week, although whether he starts has yet to be determined. I’ll take an upgrade anywhere we can get it. Despite veteran savvy, Jacoby Brissett didn’t help our offense and was largely ineffective in every game. For the Jaguars, young Trevor Lawrence, Round 1 Pick #1 hasn’t fared so well this season. He’s completed less than 60% of his passes and has 6TD’s against 8 INT’s. If Tua did that his first five games the pitchforks would be out in force, but who am I kidding, the Miami Dolphins fanbase has their pitchforks out anyway (SHAMEFUL!!!) I don’t know what Tua can do and I obviously have no idea how restricted he will be with his rib injury. I just know we need a boost, and I hope the young man can have a day and get us going in the right direction on Sunday.

GO DOLPHINS!!!

431 Responses to Game 6 – Dolphins @ Jaguars (London)

First and oink

Mike

It sounds like you still have a hard on for La’el Collins

Shit, do you think maybe we could use him?

We can.

Honestly if our OL was going to be so inexperienced to the extent that we questioned whether they were any good – maybe the right way to build the OL would have been to spend money on free agency

After trading Tunsil we are basically building from scratch and it looking like there are some misses in that build. Even if they are missed, the learning curve is killing us

This is the game where our schedule gets much softer

I don’t know if we get Tua back – but there’s that two

So it sets up nicely for us to get back on track and achieve the vision they set out for in the off-season

I don’t personally understand a lot of the moves we have made. And there are plenty of reasons to question this team but a team like Jacksonville might go a long way to showing us who they want to be

If they can’t get on track this Sunday, then they are one of the worst teams in football.

But being a .500 team is very likely if we start beating the bad teams in the schedule
    And really if we do a dramatic 180, the postseason is there for us too

I mean, I would be really disappointed if he doesn’t

It sounds like he was ready last week and just could let play bc of the IR rules

As I sit and reminisce, I sometimes think we should have kept Incognito!

The whole Oline snowball started with the trey throwing little bitch!

I thought the OL was a little better last week. I am more concerned with the defense right now.

If our OL doesn’t come together this season , I’m not sure I want to spend draft picks on OL in 2022

Instead bring in some free agents
    I don’t want to go through the learning curve next year

That’s the problem!
      They still have to go through a learning curve!
      Even if it should be shorter!

Brandon Scherff and Will Hernandez are FA’s. I really liked Will Hernandez but he hasn’t played well for the NYG. I’d still like to bring him in though

Scherff would be nice

The OT market doesn’t look so good

We will probably end up signing 8 DBs anyway
        🤨

RUN THE DAMN BALL!

Stanger, I got my parking pass printed.

What time does tailgating start?

Probably get to the stadium around 10:30 or 11, my cousin doesn’t get home from Orlando until 10am Sunday.

May just have someone drop me off at stadium early though, if you guys are going to start before 10

OK????

13. bailbondmike says:

I won’t be watching the game either. I will be on the road to Gatlinburg 7am Sunday.

Make sure y’all post about every play for me so I can get a feel for how it went.

Good article Mike!

I think we beat Jax this week but it will be close.

I’d be more comfortable if I thought we had a good coaching staff. We had a ton of early picks and the OL ones aren’t looking good. Most of the other early OL drafted seem to be doing ok at least and ours aren’t You shouldn’t need RBs and TEs always left in to cover for incompetent blocking. And many graders had our draft picks high on their boards too so it seems like poor teaching on top of removing experienced players that could have been a safety valve. Our salary cap is fairly close to the wall so we haven’t gotten a good return from Grier’s FAs. The coaching and FA picks need to get better if we are going to turn this around. This week determines on if I’m hopeful we turn it around or hopeful we go 7-10. Not exactly what I envisioned in Year 3.

Thanks New Age – I’m sure the NFL would love for Trevor Lawrence to have a big game on national TV. I suppose it wouldn’t be bad if it was a shootout between Tua and Lawrence, that would be even better.

7-10?

Just hoping we get win 2 this week

Soft schedule coming up, but not sure we can beat anyone right now

Hope Tua shows us how bad Brissett really was

• New Age says:

Late reply but the other option is another reboot with new everything which I’m not quite at yet. Anything below 7-10 indicates this ship has run aground and probably needs scuttled.

What time is Dave and Busters next Saturday?

BBM,
    I’ll be in the smokies at the end of the month. Enjoy your time and don’t think about this sorry team! lol

Hey Stanger! I’m not going to make it to the game but I will dive down for D&B on Sat night.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Glad you’re going to D&B, why not the game? Can’t handle watching this team in person?

No parking pass, didn’t reserve any tickets, and they have screwed up all the parking lots! Can’t get out onto the Turnpike north anymore. Make be drive through surface miami streets to 95 north, takes 3 hours to get home after the game, etc, etc,etc.

Just not up for it after the game and I expect to be pissed off and in a bad mood after Atlanta spanks the hell out of them.

I hear ya. That may well be what happens, I hope we get back on track this week and look like an NFL team again. If we can score over 25 points this week w/o a defensive score I’ll fell like we have a chance against ATL. I’m going to be running out of the Fest game early, we have a flight to catch.

Grab the Toba Bus. I may have a ticket for you, even if can’t guarantee at this point.

Does that mean Tua is playing? Not even mentioned as questionable. X out sucks. Should see more Preston Williams w/o Parker.

Flores says if he had a good practice he’d start!

I haven’t heard anyone say he shit the bed????

Fair enough. Hope to see Tua at the helm. Wonder if Iggy sees some playing g time with X out

Someone else already observed this on here this week, but watch Igbinoghene turn into a fucking start for the next team he plays for after flaming out here and not being able to get on the active game day roster the entire season!

I know there is a whole new Patience Brigade made up of new players but I burned my membership card years ago. Grier has shown enough incompetence for myself at least to know that he needs to go.

Charles Harris- Bust for Miami
    Minkah Fitzpatrick – Traded away for a worse draft pick than used to get him
    Christian Wilkins – Rotational guy playing behind later draft picks
    Tua – WRONG QB that draft, injured when drafted, injured again Swing and a miss
    Austin Jackson – Bust
    Igbinoghene – Bust
    Jaylen Waddle – Slot receiver NOT WORTH TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS!!!!!!
    Jaelan Phillips – Seems solid still waiting to see.
    1/2 his first round picks are busts

Threw away 2019 2nd & 5th round picks on Bust Rosen
    Too painful to go through the entire list of his malpractice.

I read somewhere that Harris is putting up very good numbers now for Detroit. I’m too lazy to look it up.

I think most of your assessments are wrong here

Even if we continue on the track the team is on in terms of losing (I don’t think we will, I’m thinking we are a .500 team going into December) I don’t think it’s the personnel that’s a problem.

That doesn’t get the FO off the hook though. Their picks are still perplexing not bc they don’t have talent and can’t hack it in the nfl, bu bc we could have spent the picks in a different way

Noah I. for starters, doesn’t make any sense. Either he isn’t good or we didn’t need him, but one had to be true. I think it’s that we didn’t need him. Why draft a CB there at all?

Jackson also is weird. He’s not a bust. He’s just ridiculously unprepared for the nfl. They should not have drafted him with intent to thrust him into the starting role if they knew he was that raw – and most people knew he was that raw.

It’s not bad players that’s hurting the Dolphins. It’s the decision making process in terms of what we need and how we use players. And on the OL for instance, it’s so much inexperience as once without a safety net that’s really hurting us.

Also what do mean Wilkins is a rotational guy. He starts for us. And is 3rd on the team in tackles. He’s a pretty good pic.

If we drafted Herbert instead of Tua, I don’t think his ribs would have handled Jesse Davis’s play on a 300 pounder any better

This isn’t a defense of the FO. I’ve seen the mistakes but I don’t think those mistakes are the players. I would like to see some one else help these young players along and spend picks that we get a return on

My favorite headline of the day: “Some Hooters servers are saying new shorts are too short.”

I don’t know about you guys but my answer is yes! LOL

So Howard and Parker are out, but they are still going to London. If I was Flores they don’t get on the plane. Must be some kind of rehab to do for starters.

It’s so darn accurate though. That’s why I keep saying I feel like I’m in year _______ and we’re back to the same old shit again. It’s like the people change like coaches and players but the same shit keeps happening.

Rock – Wilkins is our starting LDE. He’s 2nd on the team in tackles with 21 and has the most TFL’s with 5 on the defense. Also tied for the team lead with 2 sacks.

How bout, if you know anything about our coach, we can’t say an fn word

That could actually be exactly what he was saying . . . Or, he knows that he won’t be used. Either way, doesn’t matter much.

is a Nancy Pelosi political badge still reqired to be at Dave & Busters Fest night?

Gesicki can’t block, he gives away our position, that’s why he doesn’t play. if he’s in the game Tua is in trouble, i think that’s what broke his ribs.

they put 9 guys on the LOS when Gesicki is in there.

Orob — here is who will be at D&Bs. Who are your “Nancy Pelosi political badge” people?

IN
    Mike E (+1)
    OD
    Ken
    Krishna (+2)
    Steve (+5)
    Son (+5)
    Capt Stubbs (+1)
    Phelon (own seats)
    Chef Wa (+1)
    Stanger
    Damian (+1)
    Toba (+1)

Stanger – Because this is Rob’s mug . . .

So it sounds like Tua will start. Brissett is also banged up so there is that.

Is it too late to draft Herbert?

Herbert looks great but it’s not like Tua has been playing badly and losing all these games.

• bookman11 says:

My gut tells me Herbert is going to be a franchise QB and Tua an also ran

You can have that gut feeling but not sure what you’re basing it on. Tua hasn’t been playing. So why put the frustration of losing on him when he hasn’t been a part of it?

• bookman11 says:

I kind of thought “gut feeling” meant there wasn’t really logic, lol.

Bookman – You’re far from alone in that feeling. All my friends feel the same way, none of them Dolphins fans. The kid has an electric arm, he’s athletic and can throw the ball anywhere on the field. I think Tua’s best attributes are his accuracy and his quick release. Not comparing Tua to Joe Montana, but those are the same things Montana did well. He saw the field and made accurate throws, didn’t have a cannon, probably similar range to Tua. Tua needs the supporting cast to be a great QB. Put Mahomes on our Dolphins and we’re better, but not the Chiefs from 2 years ago or last year. Brissett is a starting caliber player, and he looks lost on our team right now. I wish we had a fair comparison, like an O-line that give RB’s running room and pass block well enough not to get the QB killed, but we don’t.

• bookman11 says:

Yeah, I will never say I thought Herbert was better before the draft because I had no clue. Just am evaluating it now as any good fan would, lol, 20/20 hindsight.

All QBs need a supporting cast. We saw what happened to Mahomes in the SB when they couldn’t block for him. It’s not like Herbert is succeeding with no talent around him, they have good players on that team.

time to let th lead out with some Zepperella!

Bookman – I think a lot of it has to do with our team. What player in the last decade for us put up special numbers? Is there anyone? We have some nice players, but I can’t remember the last offensive player that did something great. Like I’ve said (probably too many times), if/when Gesicki is not on the Dolphins and goes to another team, we’ll see how good he really can be.

I was just thinking about that yesterday. We don’t really have any great players and haven’t for quite some time. Howard is probably the closest we have.

Jarvis Landry put up record breaking numbers his first three seasons here

Yeah, receptions. Lots of receptions. Did he do anything special though? His best season he averaged 12 YPC. 22 TD’s in 5 seasons is hardly HOF worthy or special.

On that same token, I bet Landry wishes he was still here. The offense ran through him, for better or for worse.

Landry is not a great player. Half of his catches were caught at the LOS. Do you even hear about him anymore?

• pheloniusphish says:

Ricky is the last I remember

bookman11 says:
    October 15, 2021 at 6:12 pm

I will go right ahead and say it. It’s documented 100 times before the draft right here on this site. Just not something to take a victory lap about. Ha ha I told you smoking would give you lung cancer ha ha

Cause of the supply ships backed up this came out about the dudes who run the cranes that get the containers from the ships to the trucks. Not a bad living.
    ————————————–
    “The crane operators are part of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union, which also represents longshoremen. Veteran operators who have a set schedule make approximately $250,000 a year.”

40. bailbondmike says:

Ever watch Bill Dance weekend mornings?

Mike to answer your question. That player was Jay Ajayi

He had a few good games though Rob. Then he fizzled out in Philly. That doesn’t really qualify, although he was the guy I first thought of that recently had a nice season

• ocalarob says:

Theres a difference between him and someone like landry. Ajayi carried this team on his back. He took us to the playoffs. He made the whole team better. We lack a jay ajayi. Thats why we suck

ORob, truth be told Ajayi got most of his yards in 2016 in 3 games though they were huge games. He had three 200+ yard games and one 100 yard game. He also didn’t do much down the stretch when we finished 1-3 in our last 4 games but we still made the playoffs.

• ocalarob says:

Thats because teams focused on him. Using their resources. They were not going to let ajayi run over them. The secret was out

He had 735 rush yards in 4 games out of his 1,272. In the other 12 games he averaged 44.75 rush yards per game. It was exciting when he had those big games but it was not consistent production and he didn’t lead us to the playoffs. We were lucky to back into the playoffs. Those are the facts.

One very good season doesn’t make you great and he’s already out of the league.

When gase trade ajayi he also traded his job away

Yeams had to use there resources on stopping ajayi which left others open

Forget the great qb or the great wr. Focus your efforts on running the ball. Pour your value resources into that. And get pass rushers. The rest will take care of itself

Manitoba:

It looks like I’m spotting you about 13 pts in FF. You’ve got 12.9 and no one has played yet. 😂

ocalarob says:
    October 15, 2021 at 7:24 pm (Edit)
    When gase trade ajayi he also traded his job away

Well worth it if you ask me. I’d trade Ajayi for getting rid of Gase. 😉

Football is a game of imposing your will. You have to be bigger faster and tougher than your opponent. Theres no slight of hand.
    We suck at rushing and defending the run. Those two stats determine we are candy asses.
    You cant win that way

I agree with that. That’s why I don’t get caught up in play calling and innovative OCs. The game is still one at the LOS. Football is not that complicated.

Bookman, just imagine if you were arguing about drafting Josh Allen!

On heart! Not his accuracy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t imagine anyone here did that! 🙂

Go Tua! He’s a winner! Just got to get the rep’s!

Look what a runnong game did for tanny

I’ve never argued with you about imposing your will on a team!

I want the 1985 49’rs offence!

85 or 84? For me that 1984 49ers team might be the best team I’ve ever seen. I was too young in 1972 and we didn’t get Dolphins games on TV often up north back then.

• ocalarob says:

I was 14 years old in 1972. Living in hlwd fl. I remeber the town going crazy

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!

You also have to understand that ajayis knee was toast

That’s true but that was known when he was drafted that his career would likely be short. That’s why he fell to the 5th round.

Stanger, probably not going to make D&Bs, if I do it will be very late

I really think the nfl underestimates running backs these days
    A good RB can really make an offense roll

Also

I think I should tell you guys:

I haven’t bought a any of the jerseys of our rookies the last 2 years
    The curse is officially over

October 15, 2021 at 8:14 pm
    —————————————————-

I want a Rathman to hit over the middle for 5 yards every MF’n time!

Roger Craig and Wendell Tyler were a great duo in 1984. Craig is one of my favorite backs of all time. The first to do 1,000 rushing/1,000 receiving.

I live on the East coast, and I can’t stand the idea of watching our game on Sunday @ 9:30 AM. For you West coasters: 6:30 AM? Man, that’s some BS!

Let’s be honest: why are we (the NFL) doing this London thing every year? Brits are gonna Brit, and American football will never come close to international futbol for them, and it’s all good.

It feels like the NFL is trying to ‘nation build’… it won’t work.

4:30 AM is my wake up every day!

So a 8:30 game lets me sleep in!

BUT! I will be at work so it really doesn’t matter!

4:30 AM is my wake-up as well, man. But when I have a weekend off, I need to sleep in. What’s more, our Phins drive me to drink… and I’m not trying to start drinking @ 9:30 AM!!! LOL

I can actually pick up WFAN Sports Radio 660 AM, New York, from where I’m at. One of my fave hosts is Danielle McCartan (LOVE her!), and she KNOWS her stuff!

Even she was complaining last week about how fruitless these London games have become.

Yeah, I’m not waking up at 6:30 for this team, lol.

Trying this shit again.

Wondering if Mike E, Tim, Pig, or Ken (fellow Northeasterners) have ever heard of Danielle McCartan on WFAN sports radio.

Nope

Is she new? I think I may have heard her one day on a weekend show. She does know her stuff. But like a lot of young talk show hosts she’s still in a monologue mode. Meaning too wordy and repeats themselves too often. There was another young guy on a weekend show that I heard and he must have repeated his main point about the Yankees 17 times within an hour. I was like we fucking get it dude!!!! LOL

LOL, I hear ya on that!

I’ve been listening to Danielle for probably 3 years now, on my ride to work on the weekends at the 5:00 AM/EST hour. She’s no longer on at that hour, I now hear her in the afternoons, her show is called ‘Danielle in the Daytime’, or something to that degree.

I REALLY like her. She’s so full of enthusiasm, very knowledgeable on sports, and seems like a really good person.

F’n Bey

Friday night music, no? Check this out, all of you with classical music taste (I know you’re out there!)… and tell me who this reminds you of. By the way, this was recorded in 1918: Mr. Gustav Holst.

I could listen to this for the rest of the evening… even to the dawn.

I hear a LOT of John Williams (in particular), Alexander Courage, and Jerry Goldsmith.

Definitely John Williams. You know when he does another soundtrack for a movie. He has a style and this was likely a big influence on him. Star Wars is based on this. 😉

Nice! Haven’t heard this in a long time. When my friends and I were into more progressive music in our late teens; jazz and classical, we would do stoner sit down and listen sessions. This was one of them.

NICE!!!

The band ‘Yes’ gets into this type of ethereal sounding music. Rick Wakeman the keyboard player was a classically trained pianist. You should listen to some of their deeper stuff, you’d probably really enjoy it. ELP is another band to check out with Keith Emerson on keys. Lots of music like ‘The Planets’.

The music in Jaws is fantastic – John Williams. Without even seeing the shark the music makes you feel like it’s around somewhere. Music has an amazing way of influencing the mind.

‘Jupiter’ definitely influenced music for ‘Braveheart’.

If you look at what’s going on in the NFL now, teams simply throw much more than they run, for the most part. Even teams who have strong running games rely on their passing game more. If you can’t throw the ball consistently well, you can’t win in this league due to how much more the best teams score. If you can’t run the ball, you can still win with the passing game. It’s harder to do without a complimentary running game, but you can do it.
    ***
    I’m as old school as anybody here, but times have simply changed. All teams want to be able to run, but if you can’t protect and throw, you’re screwed. I definitely think they should try to run the ball more consistently and often, but I’m not sure the season has lent itself to running the ball 35 times a game. A few teams in the league have pretty good running games but that’s it. Without the defense keeping it low scoring and close, you can’t establish a running game.
    ***
    And, everybody in the NFL is athletically gifted. Very few players are just able to win on physical talent. It’s technique that separates the bad from good and the good from very good. Jackson is one of the most physically talented LTs in the league. Why isn’t he dominating? Because his technique and focus has been horrendous. I’m beginning to think he just doesn’t have the mental makeup to be a LT because it’s not a lack of athleticism. He’s still young, but he just looks disinterested and/or lost.

I still believe that Austin Jackson is battling with something. He has the ability, but it’s not yet translating.

Tim and I are of the belief that it could possibly be COVID that has derailed him in the here and now.

And if it wasn’t his COVID positive diagnosis, he’s hiding something… whether it be mental or physical. JMO, as always.

M13,
    COVID issues shouldn’t impact his technique….maybe his focus. It’s possible I guess, but I’d guess it’s something else. Maybe he got an ass chewing or challenged by the coaches and just hasn’t responded well. You’re hung out to dry on an island a lot at the OT spot, maybe he just isn’t one of those guys who responds well to that. I am still waiting to see how this season pans out. I don’t like him at guard…but we’ll see where the season takes us. Eich is more the steady, know what you’ll get guy…which coaches love, but he isn’t nearly the athlete Jackson is. I don’t think we’re done seeing changes on this OL yet.

This is from a couple of younger guys I work with. Both guitar players, they wrote all of this themselves it’s one song off of an album that dropped today.
    They’re names (last names) are Nordine and Hamilton that’s where the name came from they are NOT Norwegian I promise lol

One more (trying to get them some views)

I’m actually looking forward to the 9:30 start.
    I keep thinking each week now that this will be the week to turn it around and if the clear worst team in the league isn’t the time then all hope is lost. Winning this game should be a formality not that you can look at it that way but we are clearly better despite how shitty we look. And that’s just the truth. Time to right the ship and start taking care of business.
    Instead of making a big breakfast we’re just going to have an egg casserole that we’ll prepare Saturday evening and put in a cold oven at 350 at 8 o’clock, pot of coffee, wake and bake and a big win. Beautiful day.

Hoping I can watch the game on my flight. Not sure if it will be televised on whatever TV stations they show, but Jet Blue has DirecTV I think, so there’s hope.

Fuller is still on IR too, so no Parker or Fuller

Hoping we see A Wilson, Gaskin and Waddle show
      Let’s hear it for the little guys!

Ford and Merritt are active for tomorrow. Time to trade Parker. Tired of seeing practice squad WR 4 games into the season every year.

TODAY, Oct. 16, is an important day for those of us who live in the hurricane prone state of Florida.
    Florida has NEVER been hit by a major (Cat. 3 or higher) hurricane that was born AFTER Oct. 16. And, as of today, there are NO systems in the greater Atlantic basin that are projected to develop over the next 5 days. That’s just one of several good reasons to hold our annual fest after this date.

Tomorrow, Sunday, the high in most of south Florida should be in the low to mid-80’s, as opposed to the low to mid-90’s that seems to dominate September and the earlier portions of October. So those of you who have the chalky white skin of the average northern resident will be a bit safer than you’d be in mid-September.

BUT,

DON’T FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN!! I just had my 6-month check-up from the melanoma surgery I had about 3 years ago. And all the tests came back negative. I likely got my skin cancer from all the wounded soldiers I took portable X-Rays on who were hit by napalm or agent orange. BUT, I STILL HAVE TO TAKE PRECAUTIONS against sun exposure. Otherwise, my dermatologist will be on my case like white on rice!!! (BTW, in one of the supreme ironies of my life, my dermatologist is of VIETNAMESE ancestry!! — Her dad is Italian and her mom is Vietnamese!).

Looking forward to seeing many of you at Dave and Buster’s Saturday night, if I can remember which exit to turn off of going southbound on I-95. Young Stanger, can you help me on that??

• my optometrist is also from vietnam, our nation tried to eliminate a nation that is now helping us

we should have never gone to vietnam for war

It’s exit 22 (Stirling Road)
      Keep left to take the ramp toward Dania Beach.
      Turn left onto Stirling Rd/FL-848. (bottom ramp at light)
      Quick right onto Oakwood Blvd.
      half mile or so to D&Bs
      It’s 3000 Oakwood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33020

BUT THAT ALL ASSUMES You are going southbound (so coming from the North). Thought you crossed alligator alley.

71. agreed that parker should be traded,
    also we should trade all the TE not named Gesicki, none can get open and catch the ball

this team has 4 TE that can block, but not a factor in the passing game? why not replace those 4 with Offensive Line players? they are much better blockers.

72. if we had more OL, we could do short yard sits with double TE< but the TE are Offensive Linemen

elephant package, that could help the run game blocking, that the team has not been getting

Yo Herd ; the 12.9 pts is from Ertz playing for Philly on Thursday … be interesting to see what happens if he plays for AZ Sunday after being traded.. will I get both sets of pts ???

Festers speak up !!

Is anyone other than me requiring transport to game ???

I will book if needed otherwise will grab a cab

Please post I will be watching …

FN beautiful here… having coffee with the iguanas

At least we have Williams back he can do a lot of what Parker does

I am actually excited to see Merritt get some playing time

• Me too ! i hope he gets alot of targets

he is raw, but doesnt look too raw, and i like his route running and hands

he just needs a chance IMO and he will make the most of it, to honor the great number 83 that he wears

Miamis greatest WR ever, was number 83, Mark Clayton

David – Where is this wing place of yours in Charlotte County. Going to be up that way.

Are you

80. I would offer catering to the fest if it were needed, but i know Stanger already has that covered, i hope everyone has a great time though !

i have said this before, but it may have gotten lost,

but i I have to keep pushing the restaurant until its where it needs to be,
    and that is the main reason i wont be going to the fest

Ill have more time off next year

81. Phel, i dont know what You look like, lol

so if and when You come, ask for David, and say its Phel, ill be there to greet You as a good friend

Toba, don’t get a shuttle at all then. I’ll bring you to the game and back.

Toba – I am good. Probably staying at the Pelican Grand and will see you guys at the tailgate.

• manitobafinfan says:

Thank you sir … see ya Saturday at D&B, unless we meet in keys for a drink … thinking will be there Tuesday and Wednesday

• pheloniusphish says:

Sweet. Where you staying?

• manitobafinfan says:

Gonna play it by ear , want to see Marathon, almagorda or whatever and Key west… See where we are in the afternoon as to overnighting. Possibly a second night if we have fun and need it … will stay in touch .., what area are you ?

Also need to hear if Capt Stubbs has transportation

HEY, YOUNG STANGER (OR ANYONE); Which exit do I get off of I-95 to get to Dave & Buster’s?–I’ll be coming southbound.

Anyone know what time gates open for tailgating?

manitobafinfan says:
    October 16, 2021 at 11:37 am (Edit)
    Also need to hear if Capt Stubbs has transportation

****

I hear he has a boat….

I didn’t get in on Friday night music last night
    But last night I saw a few live shows
    And it’s the first time I’ve seen live music (other than street performers) in about 2 years and it was great

It wasn’t even my style a music (it was electronic stuff)
    But I still really enjoyed it.

OD, exit on Stirling Rd off 95 says the old exit number is 25
    Exit 24 Sheridan St would also work
    Only says old exit numbers and doesn’t give new ones just go by the street names.

Don’t know if you guys knew today is a Holiday

It’s Tua Appreciation Day

Make sure you celebrate the day before he comes back

manitobafinfan says:
    October 16, 2021 at 10:13 am (Edit)

There was something glitchy going on last night. It showed your points, but no points for any player. Its fine now.

Good grief it seems like half my team is IR, IA, O, Q, and now get bye weeks on top of it. Yay. 😂

• manitobafinfan says:

Yep it’s the pay attention time of schedule 😊… you will be happy to hear Ertz is ineligible to play for AZ Sunday 😊

Ken : the CHAT you have set up is going to our emails , not sure if it’s our phone settings or the info you using

bailbondmike says:
    October 16, 2021 at 11:43 am
    M13 you on today?
    Have you checked out the new rap album DAX dropped Friday? Some good songs on there.

Check out “A Lot At Stake” (Feat. Snow Tha Product). I think you will like the piano on it.

The album is called “Pain Paints Paintings”.
    ——————-
    Thanks, BBMike! Yeah, I dig that bailbondmike says:
    October 16, 2021 at 11:43 am
    M13 you on today?

bailbondmike says:
    October 16, 2021 at 11:50 am

The album is called “Pain Paints Paintings”
    ————–
    Yo, I do dig the piano on “A Lot At Stake”: very good accompaniment. Not a fan of the monotone autotune on the chorus at ALL… that’s weak sauce. Fix that, and it could be GREAT! I dig the bass line… did something similar in the past. Dig the lyrics, too.

Thanks for sharing, as always, man!

To a – I’m on Sugarloaf. Lower Keys, about halfway between the 7 Mile ridge and Key West.

Toba — here is who is coming to the game. Transport status is indeed down to Krishna and the Capt.
    ———————————————————-
    Mike E (+1) (pass)
    OD (pass)
    Ken (pass)
    Krishna (+2) (??)
    Steve (+5) (pass)
    Son (+5) (own park)
    Capt Stubbs (+1) (??)
    Phelon (own seats) (pass)
    Chef Wa (+1) (pass)
    Stanger (pass)
    Damian (+1) (pass)
    Toba (+1)

Thank you sir and yes that appears to be who I am needing replies from

What is my ticket status ?? Do I need stub hub or ya got us ??

Bitch of it is I have one extra ticket, not two.

There was something about two in Son’s party sitting in the Phelon lux seats, which if happened would mean two for you. But haven’t heard that confirmed. Son said he would take care of no matter what.

But good news is seat prices are low. Check out Section 313. You can get seats ten rows lower than our section for about the same. And am sure will be the same at D&Bs. Worse case get those and go to people next to us…. “want our better seats?”

100. bailbondmike says:

Not a fan of the monotone autotune on the chorus at ALL… that’s weak sauce.
    ——————-
    I agree. Another independent trying to do it all. Not sure who does his mix and mastering but if that got better he could be great.

Toba I will have to reset the group chat I don’t know why you are not getting them. I will try a separate text to you

You have the #’s ?? Both start 204

BBMike,

I’ve found it to be VERY difficult to keep ahold of an R&B singer. They are kind of like a “playmaker’ to the MUSICAL rap game (generally West coast) if we’re to compare it to football. As such, people need to get creative on a chorus without one.

So with all of the tools out there (talk-box, vocoder, pitch-correct), it pains me to hear somebody screw even THAT up!

The truth is, there aren’t very many true musicians out there… and I’m not strictly talking about the rap game, either! Music seems to be dying, IMO.

I’m what one can call a ‘key & strings’ producer, as MUSIC is very important to me. My mission is to keep MUSIC alive.

Do NOT listen to the lyrics on this song… rather focus on the MUSICAL quality of the track. This is much like me…

BBMike,

I absolutely LOVE piano riffing, too. See below…
    This is an interpolation of “Don’t Disturb This Groove”

If I can make the FEST next year, it would be very cool to see what Phindog (guitar), Tim (guitar), and I (keyboards) could make together!

That would be cool. Would have to talk to the Dog about it though. Friday Night with the Dog has always been just that. Gonna miss this year.

At least some of Brits sure do like their football. Wonder if UK-Phin will be at the game.

“Tickets on StubHub range from $115 for a seat in the rafters to more than $1,600 to sit just off the field” for the Dolphins Jags game.

Stanger what is your section??

Seats are
      Section 313 / Row 26 / Seats 12-18
      Section 313 / Row 27 / Seats 10-17
      Section 313 / Row 28 / Seats 13-21

Did you catch what wrote above? Seems you can wait. Two of Son’s group might sit with Phelon or just one person drops out. Say Krishna comes +1 instead of +2. And when you sit in the nosebleeds like we are people tend to move down.

Not sitting with Phelon. I’ll get two tickets tonight while we still have only one win lol

Still don’t see a reason to do know instead of later on in the week. One person drops out and I will have two seats. And most years people do drop out.

I’ll get two and give one to Rock so his faggot ass will go. He knows I mean that with nothing but love.

Check with Toba first. He might have his own idea or might even be ordering seats as I type. If you can get Rock to come the logical seat for him is the spare one I have assuming no one drops out. Tobas will want to be together.

108. bailbondmike says:

M13, I see what you are talking about. I don’t have the ear for music like some of the people on here do. That may be why I like all kinds of music and can’t carry a tune. Even some that others don’t like. Once it is pointed out of what they don’t like and I go back and I listen, I’m like, “Oh yeah” and understand.

That’s gonna be Iowa ball on the 20. It was out of hand when it hit the pylon.

110. bailbondmike says:

BIG RUNNINGBACK ALTERT!!!

LSU RB Tyrion Davis-Price, 6’1 232 pounds had 36 carries for 287 yards and 3 TD’s vs UF today.

111. bailbondmike says:

This Freshman TE for UGA, Brock Bowers, is one to keep an eye on. Mad skills!

Stanger/Son we have been walking and shopping all day have done nothing on tix yet yet….

It’s about what you want to do. Son says he is gonna order you two tickets, you can take care of yourself or wait.

Yo Son are you at Hollywood Ale House ??? Swear to cow we just saw you !!!

October 16, 2021 at 6:29 pm
    Oh how his party has changed.
    ——————
    SO, so right.

Was this the so-called speech that got JFK killed by the Deep

115. bailbondmike says:

I knew Purdue was going to be good this year but was underperforming at times. They brought it today.

Purdue WR David Bell on my watch list had another big day.

Wondering if anyone had seen this — or even remembers this — from 1976?
    This is the man, MIKE WALLACE, on ’60 Minutes’.

And in the interim, Pete Buttfunker is still on paternity leave (has been for 3 months) as Transportation Secretary… and we’ve got 100s of barges trying to unload their cargo.

Name me ONE THING this Biden (Obama) administration has done correctly?

Your anti-Trump vote has been noted, foolish. SMMFH

So talking politics OK today guess. Mayor Pete is back on the job, but yes he was on paternity leave. Get you don’t like Biden. Not a huge fan myself. Was just glad Bernie didn’t get the Dem knod.

Started feeling the impact about 2 weeks ago, as shelves are becoming empty. And even the staples (bread, eggs, milk, etc) are rising in price, through the roof.

Gas is getting ridiculous as well, but that goes without saying.

We’re about to hit a crisis larger than the 2008 economic meltdown, but Trump just wasn’t your cup of tea… BIDEN was! How kindergarten foolish.

What’s with “How kindergarten foolish.”? I didn’t demean you. And more people voted for Biden than Trump. Way elections work.

I’m going to comment even keel. I know this administration is failing on multiple levels because my family and friends who support this new Democratic Party aren’t chirping anymore. They don’t want to discuss politics because they can’t defend it. Those actions speak louder than words to me.

Why anyone would want an overbearing large federal government is beyond me.

Stanger,

You can reframe the argument any way you’d like. Perhaps you should work PR for our Phins.

Like our Phins are currently 1-4, Biden is more like 0-5. OWN IT. Don’t be acting like a bitch, just fucking OWN IT.

You make me VERY angry with your takes, being you don’t really seem to care about other people, aside from yourself and your cronies. 😡

That’s pretty harsh M13 to say to someone who spent his career working for a national charity.

I’m not a Biden fan, even if maybe not as negative as you. What more are you looking for my obviously fired up friend? What do you want me to own?

OWN that you were anti-Trump… the man who gave prosperity to nearly every American, who gave REAL ‘hope and change’ back to our people, and provided us with security (that’s the job of our government).

He’s the best president we’ve had since JFK.

I still am anti-Trump… not much of a secret. Did you just want me to repeat again?

Stanger has said many times he didn’t like Trump. Just because you don’t like Trump doesn’t mean you love Biden or the Democratic agenda. I feel both parties are fucked in the head and don’t care about the American people. They just say that and live their elitist lives. “We The People” can turn the entire government over but we don’t. We vote for the same sham over and over.

Dude, you’re crossing the line. Have a discussion, drop the insults. Not cool.

M13 — what did I say that made you feel insulted? Have been most polite. Some pretty strong words from you though.

• ocalarob says:

I would pile on like you did to me last Sunday but i’ll refrain myself

Feel free. And I didn’t exactly pile on. Asked you to explain something you said.

• ocalarob says:

you’re minimizing your actions, just like your swing to the middle row, you shouldn’t be untruthful to someone who know’s the truth, you unprovokingly attacked me Mr Good.
        i know what you did, that’s all that matters.

Or maybe I just didn’t think my actions as major as you did. You mad at Mike E too?

• ocalarob says:

absolutely not, i like Mike E

I like him too.

• ocalarob says:

i got three posters hammering me and you chime in, of course you didn’t think your actions were bad, that’s the standard for you mr good.

Maybe I missed the back story before you pulled the Pelosi badge for D&Bs. That was what got me to comment. Sorry if it was while you were fighting off a barbarian horde.

• ocalarob says:

here we go, the D&B comment came after your attack. you amaze me at how you perceive things. you struck first,

And I thought we were friends?

and yet you are shocked by mf-13s attack.

you provoked me yet you don’t like being provoked. so which is it?

you can’t have it both ways, it’s hypocritical.

• ocalarob says:

furthermore, if it had been david or someone like that i wouldn’t have paid much attention, coming from someone i held a high standard too crushed me!

October 16, 2021 at 8:05 pm
    —————-
    I should hope most of us have worked for a national charity, career or not.

Don’t think you’re special, Stanger… though I applaud you for as much. 🙂

Pretty proud of my work, but that doesn’t mean others haven’t done great charity work as well. Am sure you are one of them.

Ross will demand a head to give to the fans if we lose, maybe the Godsey or studsville?

i smell a firing of a coach

October 16, 2021 at 8:12 pm
    —————-
    And so, THIS is the core of the convo that I brought up this evening. How can you say that, man, with everything that’s going on today?

I understand how one can be anti-Trump, the person. I get that. But how can ANY American be against the policies of Trump? You voted for… THIS(?) in Joe Biden???

You KNEW he was BS, inept, and unworthy… yet you still voted for him, out of HATRED for another?

Fantasy Football: I HATE Tom Brady so much, I won’t take him in fantasy football, even if he’s availed to me.

FOOLISHNESS, my friend.

122. Capt. Stubbs says:

Holy goldfish politics Saturday night!
    13 hours to kickoff baby!!!!! No offense to any goldfish!

123. Capt. Stubbs says:

I believe my hair is longer than Trevor now, so I believe that gives us the win.
    Jax 14
    Mia 15

Y’all know the drill… copy and paste

Capt Stubbs: 15-14 Phins
    M13: 31-17 Phins

See where you stand politically.

My result was:
    Economic Left/Right: -0.13
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

On the final chart, I’m 4 rows down on the libertarian section slightly leaning left right down the middle.

i’m still trying to get this knife out of my back, can anyone help?

127. Capt. Stubbs says:

All the attention has transferred over to gruden this week and rightfully so. I was just hoping more pressure on urban whiskey would do us better.

Ugh!! see what these phins do to my brain

If we don’t beat the Jags it’s going to be a rough season.

• Capt. Stubbs says:

I totally agree!! For some reason we seem to never understand the rookie or first time starter qb’s. I also believe Trevor will have one great game this Season maybe more. My gut feeling has butterflies all through it.

Now I want butterfly porkchops sorry pig

I don’t think the rookie or first time starting QB comment is correct. Who are you referring to?

• Capt. Stubbs says:

I don’t have the stats to back it up. I’m just going off my 2 brain cells that play pong with each other all day.

128. Capt. Stubbs says:

In all honesty, I believe we have the talent really across the board. I’m hoping to see Wilkins and Phillips create some havoc so the db’s can feast. I don’t even know what to say about the offense

There’s a lot of potential on this team. Just think we’re too young and not ready for the big time. But come on, beat the fuckin Jags.

129. Capt. Stubbs says:

Yes!!! Have to beat the Jags, Dan Marino’s last game! 62-7 jags buried us! They also took over my broadcast….. weee we get all jags games now… I hate that team

Go Tua!!! Go Phins!!!

131. Capt. Stubbs says:

Signing out. Chicken parm sub time!!!!

GO PHINS!!!! LONDON TIME

132. bailbondmike says:

Who is estimating that?
    ———
    It’s back to football but Stanger asked. It was reported on ABC news Wednesday or Thursday night. I was watching local news then didn’t change it when the national news came on.

mf13ss
    1h ago
    Y’all know the drill… copy and paste

Capt Stubbs: 15-14 Phins
    M13: 31-17 Phins
    Toba 24-13 Phins

134. bailbondmike says:

Never do it cause thought it would be a jinx. How stupid of me. lol
    So here goes:

Capt Stubbs: 15-14 Phins
    M13: 31-17 Phins
    Toba 24-13 Phins
    BBM 24-17 Phins

135. a report from the house oversight committee showed that Trump got Millions of dollars from foreign governments, and hid deals, losses, and other illegal activities

money from foreign governments, attacks on the capitol building, and out of control covid is the legacy trump left

Biden is not doing a great job either, but the runaway inflation is worldwide, not just America

part of it is we recovered too quickly from when everyone was at home, and part of is soaring costs of fuel which effects transportation of ALL goods

we buy so much fuel from Russia, Opec, and other foreign sources that we are subject to what they want to charge

unfortunately, they ARENT our friends, and charge as much as they want, they will even cut production to get more out of us, greedy bastards

we HAVE to eliminate foreign dependence of oil, or pay what they want

this means the infrastructure bill HAS to have enough energy replacement from alternatives, OR

we are back to square one
    Time will tell

136. we do have some hope though

the stock market and coins were bullish ALL last week, very strong

this means investors are feeling optimistic, and putting some of their sidelined cash in the markets

Hopefully We dont regret it, lol

137. Investors know Cash is the most vulnerable asset in inflationary periods, its better to have investments that will gain faster than the inflation rate

138. the mullet run came early this year,
    drone video of Billions of mullets getting trashed by big fish and sharks is incredible to watch,,,,,

What?

Maurice?

So he doesn’t own it now?

You bought it from him?

You make it sound like you are establishing a new business, just wondering

• its along story, but he had original success, but his toddler twin daughters got ill and had to be airlifted to orlando regional for 2 weeks

he had to close for 3 weeks, and i helped him reopen

now his daughters are doing great, and so is everything else!
      We ask God for help, and wow God is the best at delivery, lol

its almost miraculous how the community has received us, and appreciated awesome food and service

• bookman11 says:

Ok, excellent for him. I believe you have misrepresented yourself on this blog with respect to your involvement in this establishment. God forbid Phelon shows up and you are not what you project yourself to be.

• not meaning to misrepresent, the start now is because it was closed for almost a month, and we had to reopen together
        He couldnt have done it without My help, and vice versa

i dont normally put everything on the net, and usually not finances, but yes, we are in this together, and will make it work!

Got it. I understand now

I really want to know who this Maurice cat is? Even Steve Miller sang about him. LOL

146. i was his First customer when he originally started, sheer randomness, lol

or was it?

i couldnt let my favorite restaurant fade away

147. Tim, He is a devoted hard working family man, 7 days a week
    always has a great attitude and outlook, best partner i could hope for,
    brother from another mother

148. everyone went to bed early, the games on early in the morning, lol

hopefully the Dolphins find a way to win , or some trades could be coming before the deadline

Gameday blog is up for when the game starts . . . GO DOLPHINS!!!