How good will Jaelan Phillips be?

If you’re a Dolphins fan, and you watched every game last season, it’s easy to forget how sparingly Jaelan Phillips played the first half, and how much he came on in the 2nd half of the season with that additional playing time. For comparison, in totality, Jaelan Phillips played 54% of snaps on defense. AVG (Andrew Van Ginkel) played 71% of the defensive snaps. DE Emmanuel Ogbah played 67% defensive snaps. Now that we’ve seen what Phillips is capable of, his time on the field will greatly increase, probably exceeding 75% of the defensive snaps. If not at age 23, when?

Once again, for comparison, Pro Bowl LB Micah Parsons who was beloved from many here on FMU played 84% of the defensive snaps last season. You’d have to think Phillips approaches that this season. With more playing time, more plays will happen, and Jaelan Phillips, and hopefully the Miami Dolphins defense will get an increase in production in their pass rush and rushing defense. Phillips was tied for 2nd on the team with 9 tackles for loss, and 3rd in QB hits with 16. He was 2nd on the team in sacks with 8.5, just a half sack away from being tied with DE Emmanuel Ogbah. Phillips showed the ability to play the run as well as rush the passer. He’s a very athletic, guy with a nice repertoire of pass rushing moves that he will keep refining. He definitely learned a lot last year, you could see the difference by the end of the season he was so much more effective.

This season, I don’t think it’s crazy to expect 12-15 sacks from Phillips if he plays all season and gets at least 75% snaps on defense. He’ll probably have more than 20 QB hits, and I’d expect close to 80 tackles. You want your best players on the field as much as possible, and I feel Phillips will be, already is one of our best. We did pick up Melvin Ingram who will share some snaps with Phillps, but Ingram is 33, and will have to be used strategically to keep him effective, and healthy. Although this only year 2 for Phillips, he came to the team with a good toolbox of pass rush moves, he has prototypical size and length at 6’5 266 and wide wingspan, crucial to getting to the QB. He’s certainly one guy to watch on this aggressive Dolphins defense. He should be among the leaders in a few defensive statistical categories this season, I can’t wait to see this kid shine!

#stangerstrong

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

1,118 Responses to How good will Jaelan Phillips be?

1. bailbondmike says:

Rock, good draft! Robinson at 52 would be fantastic. Best RB, possibly, in college right now.

2. bailbondmike says:

Co-worker was just out a week with corona. He recently had a triple bi-pass last year and is an insulin dependent diabetic. He said it was just like a bad cold that didn’t last as long as the flu/bronchitis.

We’ve had a major outbreak in my building. We’ve had around 30 cases in the last 3 weeks. It’s a decent size government building with around 400 people.

It’s really starting to annoy, because we have to wear these dang masks until we get 2 full weeks without a new case, and every day we get the email “new positive, worker was last in the office on this date:” and it keeps resetting the clock. But everyone I’ve talked to has said the same thing- light symptoms or no symptoms. It appears to be a highly contagious strain, but very mild. Most people are coming back after a 5 day quarantine.

I have a hard time even finding interesting articles on the Dolphins because so many of the reports are still trying to add the anti-Tua stuff and other negative commentary. How about we just wait and see what the team looks like instead of countless predictions and rankings that have no bearing on anything.

Oh and Jerome Baker is an above average LB.

Ken, hope you and your son get better soon.

Jason McCourty on GMFB asked about what it will take for Miami to become Superbowl contenders.

“I’m fired up for Tua,” he said. “You give him weapons, he has that Hawaiian mindset – hang loose. The moment doesn’t get too big. He’s been at Alabama. He’s won championships. He knows what it takes. He now has the weapons around him. Tua’s gonna make it happen.”

*** EX-team mate

The offseason — when there is talk about how a fringe playoff contender can be a contender for the ring.

That’s what those around him keep saying

We saw Mahomes fold like a chair in the SB/AFC playoffs with no blocking

We’ve kicked brady’s ass, when his protection up the middle has been poor

But Tua should be Bama Tua with bad blocking and few weapons, lol ok media

Could you imagine our D with a Bobby Wagner back there? Man!

That is where I am focusing our draft next year. STUD LB / STUD Center first round.

He wanted to stay on the west coast. He’s from CA, and has played his entire career out west.

Yeah, I said “A Bobby Wagner” I should have added type. A Bobby Wagner Type

All good. I knew he wasn’t coming to Miami even though a lot of us wanted him to. Let’s see what we have in Tindall. He could be really good.

Got out the Lysol and wiped down my keyboard. Seems we have a Covid outbreak on this board. Too small a sample set to extrapolate to a whole country surge, but most we’ve had so far.

Tim, Rock is using a statistical average based on number of players vs average in a set standard in quality of play.

I.e. if there are 100 players in the league and they are ranked 1-100, then Baker only has to hit 51 in scale to hit the mark of ‘above average’. Technically that would be incorrect as both 50 and 51 would be average in this number set (or the median if keeping the numbers whole), so 52 would be the above average mark.

Of course, based on Rock’s statement, there is an assumption on his part that Baker is only at 51 and not 72, etc. There is also the assumption that you are qualifying statistical average as anything over the median. You could set the parameters any way you want and say the average range is the 40 to 60 range, therefore anything above 60 is the above average category.

Of course, we know you weren’t talking about a statistical analysis based on number of players, but rather a less defined statement of above average based on a set standard quality of play. In which case, even if there are 100 LBs in the league, they could theoretically all be above that set average, at average or below average.

At least, that was my first thought when I read Rock’s statement. 🤣

Oh okay. I say Baker is above average based on watching him play. I don’t care about rankings. We’ve all watched thim get better and better since he entered the league. He’s one of the leaders on our defense and he’s a 3 down guy.

lol

I’m just laughing at my nerd humor and your blase comment. I wrote that whole thing as a tongue in cheek response. I could have just said “He’s talking about average based on number of players.”

LOL, sometimes I just use the eye test with players.

LOL @ Kong’s long response.

I just let it scroll past. LOL

I have a standard answer to the question “How are you?”
    My answer is “Better than most”

Some people just let it go, but others want to challenge the statement or say something like “well aren’t you arrogant” or “oh so modest”

My response to them is always “Well 51% (better than most) is a low bar to hit and it is a failing grade in school”

There is always some jackass that is going to reply “unless they grade on a curve” to which I answer “I beat the curve”

How about saying it to mean the same thing in a humble way

Better than I deserve

LOL, I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact you have that many people challenge you on a “How are you?’ response. You must have resting ‘dick’ face.

12. Krishna says:

Talking smack with my 8 year old step grand kid. He told me Tua stinks vs sucks…lol…his mom’s influence…

Those were fighting words….lol.

I reminded him how Dak’s on the downside of his career…and not a QB to be proud of…lol

“They just wanted to go in a different direction. I figured McDaniel wanted his guys; Raheem Mostert is one of his guys. I know the nature of the business. No hard feelings.”

— Duke Johnson on not being back with the Phins. What do I know but sure looked like he was a one-cut runner.

Hulkster,

Get well soon, buddy, you and your son. While I’m not so concerned about your son, I’m more concerned about you what with your underlying conditions. The good news is that this current strain is very ‘diluted’ from the original coronavirus. You should be just fine. Nevertheless, I care about ya, man!

Regarding Tua…

Each one of those guys have their own situation on why they’re on that list, it’s really an oddball nothing in common kind of thing

Tannehill and Cousins, because they aren’t great against pressure (assumes all NFL QBs are pretty good overall)

Garo Polo, because of the scheme he’s put in, it coincides with wide open receivers

Hurts, because of his teams run game similar to Jimmy

The rest aren’t quite as flawed and should be on the list (including Tua)

LMAO, I just read this headline:

Putin could be murdered in top secret plot to oust him

That’s very top secret. LOL

Yeah, all the blueprints and people involved just seemed kind of sketchy though. And the passwords and daily routes Putin uses referenced in the article have probably all been changed by now. The entire plan seems well thought out though, so hopefully they can keep it secret until they implement it. lmfao

Not today, but could happen some day. Putin’s problem is there is no retirement plan…. except maybe that one.

OD (who hasn’t been on cause of computer problems) loves his Coors Light, but have a feeling won’t be drinking out of this batch. 🙂
    —————————–

Coors Light celebrating the Stanley Cup Champion Colorado Avalanche with one heck of a marketing campaign, offering up a limited edition beer with shavings of what they’re calling the championship ice. If you dare get your hands on one at selected Denver locations, starting Thursday– yes that is actual ice from the rink they say in the beer.

Oh, and yes, I am afflicted with Resting Dick Face or Dicky Resting Face however you want to say it.

I’m a dick. It’s not just how I look.

20. Krishna says:

Lol…just bet $10 Dolphins have better record than Bears…

21. Krishna says:

Lol…bet $1 with grandson that Patriots lose first game v Dolphins.

Was thinking about how much crap Tua has gone through but thought it’s a good thing he’s such a level headed dude and blocks it out. He doesn’t get riled up like some other players like say a Baker Mayfield, and he doesn’t tweet any bullshit. I don’t think a lot of QBs would have handled all the nonsense as well as he has.

Go Tua!!!!

I honestly couldn’t tell you whether he has a Twitter account or not. I really like that lol

I think he does but he’s not on it all the time or posting nonsense. His upbringing made him into a high character guy. I can’t think of a player I’m rooting for more than him because of what he’s had to deal with. Even if he was on another team and I was aware of the scrutiny he goes through I’d be rooting for him. I really want him to shut all the naysayers the fuck up. LOL

I bet 20 bucks Tua starts 17 games

When we lose 2 games this year I’ll know who to blame

June 28, 2022 at 5:45 pm
    I think he does but he’s not on it all the time or posting nonsense…
    ————-
    Yes, Tua does have a Twitter account… and I’m right there with ya, man.

Jason McCourty on Tua…

Jason McCourty is very good on GMFB, he knows what he’s talking about and he brings a lot of energy. Peter Schrager who I like is starting to become starstruck with QBs. He says you don’t say that about Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen with giving them the weapons. Really, those teams have no playmakers on offense?

I think the Chiefs offense will still be good but let’s not act like losing Tyreek Hill is just plug and play next guy up. He was ‘The Cheetah’ with Alex Smith before Mahomes.

I remember a guy on Omar’s blog who used to come on, only to bash Samoans. He didn’t have an avi, but he’d come on semi-regularly to bash the likes of Big Paul Soliai… can’t recall his name (it was generic).

Makes me wonder if it was Omar himself… hmmmm…

The posts went something like, ‘Samoans are the laziest people on the planet’. and ‘I wouldn’t ever employ a Samoan because they are horrible people’.

Not quoting, of course, but ya get the idea. Makes me wonder…

That does vaguely ring a bell. There was so much garbage back in those days, who knows. Mando’s blog was like a zoo and the wild west rolled up in a circus and wedged into giant clown shoes.

Soliai was my favorite Dolphin for awhile there. He has the perfect name to yell out when he makes a play…unlike Sony Michel…

LOVED BIG PAUL! I was in communication with him (via his wife) for a long time. They are very good people!

I don’t really remember that but there were so many weirdos on that blog back in the day.

I can’t stand when people broad brush specific groups of people in a negative way. It’s totally ignorant.

You mean like broad-brushing Christians? 😉

I don’t broad brush Christians. I just call out the hypocrisy of some of them, like all religions. Remember I was raised Catholic which is a form of Christianity – they believe in Jesus Christ. I have plenty of Christian family and friends. Believe me, I’m not the only one who calls out the nonsense. Just like we call out politicians. I despise a wolf in sheep’s clothing. False prophets and deceitful people.

I’m not for banning religion, just keep your faith out of public policy. You have the freedom to practice it though. It’s in the first amendment if you believe in the Constitution.

50% of the people do

50% of the people do what?

Believe in the constitution

28. Wyoming85 says:

May the force be with me

Steve, gotcha! I think this country is probably 75% religious in some way. But the lack of respect for the Constitution and Bill of Rights are very misunderstood. It’s not really a living document but it does evolve over time. It’s based on the freedoms of the people at the time. We’re losing that vision like it’s a bad thing. The grass is not always greener is how I view it.

Kong – what are your thoughts on Bosch Legacy? We’re on episode 4, think it’s ok at best. Did you watch the whe season?

I watched one episode and just haven’t gone back to it yet, not sure why. I think I kinda knew it wasn’t going to wow me. I’m not really into Maddie being a cop, and I liked Chandler as an antagonist to Bosch, not working together with him. Also I love Crate and Barrel and don’t think they are even in it. So all those things have me procrastinating on it.

What are your thoughts on why it’s just ok? I don’t mind if you give anything away.

There’s just no meat in this show. It could just be developing slowly, or maybe it’s just going to be flat throughout. Crate and Barrel had a part in this last episode, #4. They’re really dragging on the William Devane job he inherited. There just doesn’t seem like there’s anything drawing me in. Hoping maybe they just burnt the first steak but another well cooked medium rare beauty is on the way.

I apologize in advance, just a quick rant. Social media is the bane of our society, of this I am sure. Just a quick look on FB gets my blood boiling, as my friends on the left lose their minds over the Roe v Wade decision. Some are now posting memes about religious freedom for teachers because the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the coach leading his team in prayer. My lefty friends are saying “Get your prayer rug, tarot cards, pentagram, Quran, Talmud, Satanic Bible etc. Others are posting about Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong is renouncing his US citizenship. Also, Pink requests that hardcore right wing folk not listen to her music. I know it’s silly stuff, but the left sure has their share of spineless pansies!!! Sprinsgteen never left the country when Trump was elected even though he promised. I would like Green Day to NEVER perform in the US again and never take any money from this country. Same goes for Pink. It’s amazing how things don’t go their way one time, they bitch, moan, and take their ball and walk away. So weak!!! It’s so embarrassing, I’d hate to be associated with any of these people.

Pure sign of manipulators

Find it really funny, that the fake polls they put out in 2016 had them believing their own bs, so much that RBG didn’t step down, she wanted to be on the court with Hilllary as pres

OMG! Did you guys see how week Mahomes arm is!? In the video above Tyreek had to stop, come back to the ball and jump for it because of Mahomes week ass arm……..

🙂 Eyeroll

Did the guy in that video just say “Can he (Tua) go up against Mac Jones”???!!!!??? To think I was upset when my provider took away NFLN.. Ummmm buddy 2-0 against Mac Jones. Just saying.

New England had to create some room under the cap to sign its draft class.

Wow, didn’t even have enough to sign the rookie class.

That’s just what the idiots say, but it’s not true, they have a 10m projected rookie cap hit, but 8 of those guys are not in top 51, only the top 2 picks are and their net cap hit totals 1.5m

Both guys are signed and the cheats have 3.5m in cap space

In 2023 the cheats will have 52m in space, we’re 25m over

The cap is going way up next year, which isn’t reflected in those numbers

Not always a good thing to have a lot of space especially if you like the players you have

Why it will be a big problem if Tagovailoa doesn’t thrive, contrary to often-cited reason

Carolina, the Giants, Washington and Seattle — who all need longterm answers at quarterback — also could have top 10 picks.The teams who all likely need longterm quarterbacks are expected to be the worst teams in the league this season: Atlanta, Detroit and Houston.

seven teams — who are all worse than the Dolphins on paper — who will probably need new quarterbacks, unless Davis Mills (Houston) and Daniel Jones (Giants) and Drew Lock (Seattle) take major leaps and Carson Wentz (Washington) becomes the Eagles’ Super Bowl version.

Barry Jackson

I don’t think we have anything to worry about

Tua will elevate his game in a real O, how could he not?

It’s a team game, he’s the ultimate team QB, some say game manager, call it what you will, but he’s a winner

I haven’t bought Madden in 8 years because the Dolphins teams have been un-playable. Even a 6 YO running the Lions could easily beat them.

If what this author is saying is true, I just might buy it this year.

I don’t play it, but understand that the game is based on strength of the actual team and individual players, at least their perception, which is why players bitch, when they get a low rating in the game

I read that article yesterday and they’re sky high on several of our players

Always thought Steve Young had a big arm, it’s actually weaker than Tua’s

Tua throwing left handed, not his natural side, and being short make his arm look weaker than it is, also his touch and infrequent fastball lead people to believe he has a noodle arm

We’re going to see more of the same this year, he is however going deep more often

Hill wasn’t just trying to prop Tua up, he’s practiced with him, likes his ball placement and understands what Tua is all about, completions and winning

Really not a big difference in Tuas downfield throws and Russell Wilson’s, both have a high trajectory and are accurate

The offensive line has been a problem for a few years, and this year although the team brought in the likes of Terron Armstead and Connor Williams are solid moves in terms of talent, there are still questions that remain.

If there were no problems on the OL we’d have the Cowboys OL of a few years back

Our best recent OL featured Pouncey, Juwuan, Tunsil and Albert’s with a filler at OG, problem was they didn’t play too many games together because of injury

This line isn’t that good, but their are enough good players, so that as a whole they should be pretty good

Branden Albert / OT
      60 Kraig Urbik / OG
      G: 16 / GS: 6 / Age: 31
      College: Wisconsin
      79 Sam Young / OT
      G: 8 / GS: 1 / Age: 29
      College: Notre Dame

Anyone want to guess which player Miami is depending on too much according to this article? Go on, take a guess…….

At 5’9 209LBs and running a somewhat pedestrian 4.55 40 time, the 26-year-old back has ripped off some of the fastest runs over the last few years so this means he fits in very nicely with what the Miami Dolphins are trying to do which is to run people out of the building using their blazing speed.

Doesn’t this seem odd, that Chase Edmonds has a pedestrian 40 time yet he has ripped off some of the fastest runs

Guess that’s why they do the 3 cone and splits on 40 times, most people just look at the 40 time, several here look at everything

They should have a 40 time, where you get a jogging start, then check top end speed as they do during games

Mike,
    Bummer about Bosch. I’ll get around to watching the whole thing at some point, but your assessment has me even less enthused.

Outside of win/loss record, which was heavily skewed by how well the Dolphins’ defense played, Tua was outclassed by both Burrow and Herbert in 2020.

Why does his w/l record get skewed?

Shouldn’t we say the ineptitude of the players around him on O skewed it too, in the other direction?

• Krishna says:

I think it’s way too early to be judging who is the better player before their careers have only just begun…lol

Agreed I’d say after 5 years you’ll see where they’re all at. Lot’s of ups and downs for young players.

42. Krishna says:

Tua was behind the 8-ball out of college…geez, loueez.

Roberts is a good role player in all sorts of ways. Good teams have guys like this on their rosters.

43. Krishna says:

I think another huge looming question is on D….there are a few in fact, yet I didn’t see that this article was directed to O only…

for the star wars fans

My new jam! Hadn’t ever heard of it before, produced by and featuring Shock G over a decade ago!
    If ya like disco, you’ll like this beat!

Here’s the video of Elandon Roberts that Krishna posted about.

47. Wyoming85 says:

That’ll leave a mark

Yeah hoping they’re okay. Your Stro’s swept both series from my Mets. The Mets bats have cooled off but the Stro’s pitching is really good too.

Wyo – Your Astros definitely seem to have the Mets number this year, congrats on the sweeeeeep!

Is it not true our biggest concern as fans is can the OL be good enough?

June 29, 2022 at 7:51 am
    ————
    No need to apologize, Mike E. However, I’m not sure social media is the bane of our society. Rather it’s removing the masks of how many people have been indoctrinated by the MSM. That — in and of itself — is quite revealing.

The other way to look at it? There are SO many bots out there (ie: 1 liberal posting under 100 different names X 1000s of liberals), that it’s unbelievable. This is one of the reasons why Musk raised the issue, prior to buying Twitter.

Either way ya choose to look at it, the communists are trying to destroy America from within.

No mention of a major religious movement?

Elon Musk is looking to call out all the false prophets and deceitful people in politics. Then he can become the anti-Christ. LOL

I just read this stat about Justin Tucker which kind of blew my mind: He has made 58 straight FGs in the 4th quarter and overtime including his record 66 yd FG last year against the Lions. wow

A little over 6 weeks till our first preseason game.

Kong – We were watching Bosch Legacy last night and it was funny, I said to my wife I wonder if we’ll get to see Jerry Edgar again. Sure enough, about 15 minutes later, there he is. Sgt. John Mankiewicz also makes an appearance, both are very brief. Still, I like those guys. The show while not being great has just enough to keep us watching.

Crate and Barrell were both involved in the last 2 episodes, so you’ll appreciate that

👍
        I’ll get around to watching the whole season at some point. I’ll be sure to chime in atchya when I do.

Cedrick may prefer the slot, where he played 90% of the time last year, but Hill and Waddle will also play there, don’t expect to see him play 90% of the time there this year

55. Wyoming85 says:

Make Spam filters quiet again

I’m going to wish everyone an early happy Independence Day. I am leaving for a week of camping in upstate VT tomorrow and will be disconnected for 5-6 days. (Pick these types of vacations SPECIFICALLY so the office cannot reach me.) Besides it is nice to disconnect from the constant electronic device monitoring every once in a while.

Don’t worry, I haven’t taken my ball and left. LOL You all can scroll past my posts again next week when I catch up on Thursday. (When we travel back into town)

I agree with this article

Jimmy was a game manager in SF, he got them to NFC Championship game and Tua is better

Tua doesn’t have to be Herbert or Burrow, he can just be who he has been with added experience to be a keeper

With a dedicated running game, it’s imperative to have an accurate QB, think Phil Simms in his SB against Buffalo, that’s all we really NEED from Tua

If he’s only that I’d be disappointed, but this make or break is BS

58. bailbondmike says:

I’m watching the final season of Animal Kingdom on TNT. That woman they have playing the younger “Smurf” (Leila George) when they do the flashbacks is slutty hot!

59. bailbondmike says:

Have a great time, Rock! I had my week getaway last week fishing and scalloping. Heading next month to the smokies for a 5-day getaway fishing and rafting.

60. Wyoming85 says:

Open practices

61. Wyoming85 says:

Someone was asking about this the other day

Thanks!

Went to miamidolphins.com, then to Ticketmaster as Rock mentioned, but it only has games listed, maybe tickets aren’t available yet

From the link in the post above

Be the first to know when to claim tickets for our 2022 Dolphins training camp by filling out the form below. Tickets will be released on July 7, 2022.

Thanks Rock

By clicking submit you agree to (sign your life away) receiving bs emails and other promotional crap

‘Deep Pockets’ (my codename for Dan Snyder) is going to be in deep poop. He’s “on the run” after being subpoenaed by the House Oversight and Reform Committee. He’s currently on his private yacht in the waters off of France.

Roger Goodell (for whatever reason) seems to be defending/covering Snyder’s actions… but why? Seems to me that Goodell could also be in deep poop.

Heard from a very reliable source that there could be a bombshell report in the world of sports later today. Wondering if it could be about Dan Snyder/Roger Goodell/NFL?

Here’s an overview of the situation…

The 11:10 mark of the above video gets to the meat of the current situation.

I’d like to see Goodell’s woke ass removed, but it won’t matter its a prerequisite these days

It’s sad that all the leagues have to cater to this bs

Goodell is not in trouble. He did what he had to do to go in front of the select committee. He is the representative of the owners and that is what he is paid to do. However Snyder could be in some pretty deep trouble

I’ve been saying for the last couple months Snyder is done, and if he somehow keeps his team after all this, then he knows where all the other owner’s bodies are buried, lol.

Want to make it clear to all you guys. When it comes to hating Snyder….. I called shotgun long ago. 🙂

You are definitely the OG Snyder hater.

I thought I typed original and it corrected to OG. Oh well, I guess that works too, lol.

His smug little face was on DC sports report night after night. And that is part of his narcissism. Obviously he was only on the news cause he wanted to be.

Snyder’s type is bad for America, besides all the things he’s in trouble for he charges for training camp

Vegas Strip is the same, they’ve gone so corporate I’m shocked they don’t charge for walking down the sidewalk or taking a dump

Ken — how are you feeling?

Ken says:
    June 30, 2022 at 3:57 pm
    More gamma rays!!!!
    ——————
    Get into the bacta tank, Hulkster… I’ll give ya the gamma rays you need [watch me (Shock G) charge your bacta tank in the video below]…

Most owners of professional sports franchises are likely entitled pricks. I doubt Snyder is substantially different than any other

Snyder is at least an especially entitled little prick (and the little works cause what he is). Been in a few NFL TV areas over the year. He’s special in a nails on chalkboard way.

Is all this Dan Snyder stuff about sexual harassment or something else?

How come no one is yelling for indictments on AOC, Maxine Waters, and the others in Congress fomenting rebellion by calling for the Supreme Court to be ignored?

70. Krishna says:

Snyder’s bad news in my opinion. Long time toxic work culture, sexual harassment, and other employer malfeasance, as well as two sets of books-one for NFL and owners and true revenue earnings but somehow different than first set, the whole Redskin logo….it just goes on.

Lol…entitled little prick.

71. Wyoming85 says:

well

72. Krishna says:

If Phillips picks up where he left off from last year, that would be stellar….hope so

I am so excited by this year that I was going to buy season tickets in the Club 72 section. Then they told me the price. For the “Living Room Boxes (4 reclining BarcaLoungers with a TV screen) – $95K.Regular Club 72 (Comfy Blue seats but they don’t recline – $15K-$19K each. But none of either available this year. I am not that excited.

74. bailbondmike says:

I mentioned Yo-Zuri fishing lures to Wyoming on this blog the other day. I never searched online or on my phone. This is the only place I ever typed that name. Now I keep getting popup ads for Yo-Zuri products. WTF!

They know what you’re doing. Just don’t Google dildos. LOL

• Krishna says:

You need to search incognito to avoid ads…no browsing history

…search car rentals, flights, hotels

I hate being tracked in any form…lol

• Krishna says:

Should have said, I search….

…algorithms…lol

My friends and I talk about what it was like when our parents didn’t know where we were as kids especially as teenagers. Now every move we make is tracked. Your cell phone gets pinged by towers. They know what you’re doing and where you are.

• Krishna says:

TK….I was on vacation off Galveston, Jamaica Beach area and got a text–How was your experience at the gift shop we were in….I was wtf?

Then, went down the street for food and after we were done-how was your food.

I turned that shit off…hate it….

I was with family and being tracked. That’s sick..lol

From the Phinsider link Steve posted …

In 2021, with the Dallas Cowboys, Wilson caught 45 receptions for 602 yards and six touchdowns.
    His 604 receiving yards out of the slot was 9th most among ALL WRs last season.

Some math is missing I believe 🤔🤔

• Krishna says:

Lol….thought the same thing

LOL

Wilson Jr. is the sleeper addition we signed in FA that people are sleeping on. I expect him at 6-2 200 to run quick slants, posts and outs underneath what Hill and Waddle create because of their speed. He can feast in this offense. Very few teams have a great corner never mind two or three. Then you have Gesicki and the backs. How does a team use a safety on Gesicki with Hill and Waddle on the field? So they use LBs. Really?

Our offense is set up to create space and mismatches. Too much speed for most back end defenses.

If we have Hill, Waddle, Wilson, Gesicki and Edmonds on the field at the same time, how do you cover the pass play? Let’s say we set it up as a play-action run. I’d say the opponent is playing 4-2-5 at the least. Then who covers at least 4 with one staying into block? Keep mixing it up.

At the end of the day it comes down to the blocking up front. Do that and Tua will find them.

Krishna, we’re being watched. Clear your cookies and even that is only minimal. They already know you like fishnet stockings. LOL

78. Wyoming85 says:

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day

The OL would be more balanced, if Hunt plays RT, it would have quality players at the most important spots, even though Jackson is a better fit athletically for OZ, than Hunt

They’ll figure it out in camp I’m sure, don’t see anything else stopping this O

I watch EA Sports simulated Fins games, can stomach about 10 minutes worth usually

Common occurrences I see are Tua usually throws an early int about 70% of games, gets sacked alot, even though the sacks occur after he’s standing back there forever, Morstead’s avg punt is about 42, Tua throws a lot of bombs for tds mostly Hill, and Edmonds typical run goes for about 2 yards

What does it all mean?

It’s how they see are team performing this year, after they put the variables in and player rankings

Most of the games have us winning and Tua has thrown a couple of bombs to Hill with 70+ air yards😝

I call this cherry picking

There have been multiple late-season scenarios in which the Fins control their own playoff destiny, only to see them fall flat when it matters most.

What about the other 8 games we won last year in final 9?

Because we didn’t win 9 in a row, the 1 we lost we fell flat on our face

Cone on man

Unbelievable, so how exactly does a team with a new head coach and improved roster overlook the cheats on week 1?

Week 5 against the jets could only be a trap game, if we’re 4-0

I agree with week 12 against Houston being a trap game, but don’t see us taking anyone lightly, Tua has had enough experience in Alabama playing soft teams, while not letting up

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! That is one of the most bizarre sports salary fuckups ever. There are bad contracts, and then there’s Bobby Bonilla’s deferred contract. Deshaun Watson has a chance to beat that if he gets suspended for a full season, and then after being out of football for 2 years, sucks when he finally does play.

Steve – I just went to watch a simulated Madden game and then I saw Flores on the sideline and threw up my breakfast! You could have warned me . . .

Someone doing a podcast said MM is still in beta testing, but yeah why us big daddy dirt pile still there

Went back and looked at Jackson SC tape to see, if my evaluation of him was wrong, don’t think it was

Then looked at Fins tape of him playing LT I see someone, that is playing with no confidence, his stance once play starts gives him no leverage, he’s often too high and waits to see what the rusher is going to do, left flat footed too often

Back to the SC tape he has the athletic ability to play OZ, he just needs to get his head right

An interview with him during OTAs seemed to show his light come on, but…

Would think with the OL coaching exp we have, someone should be able to get his potential out, but not holding my breath

He was a very raw product, but he was a 20YO kid with true LT ability and athleticism, and that’s how guys like that get drafted. It’s all about potential with him, he was not, and still isn’t a finished product.

I can see his light coming on, but also not

Wonder if Flores’ bark scared him or if he just had clueless people coaching him, not giving him what he needed

I think coaching is huge. Find the coach who knows which buttons to press to motivate and give the guy confidence and good things will happen. Playing on the offensive line is a lot like a relief pitcher in baseball, no one remembers the good blocks or the good outings, only the sacks, missed blocks and blown saves.

Kong – If you’re around, (I know Rock is away at this time), I’m looking to get another sci-fi/fantasy book. If you have a suggestion, I’m getting Book 2 of the Firemane series by Feist and wanted to add another.

I know a number of these guys have been mentioned, but I don’t remember the context, so I’m going to throw out some of my favorites.

Joe Abercrombie – First Law trilogy is top shelf and would be my first recommendation
      David Gemmell – Drenai series is easy reading heroic fantasy
      Steven Brust – Dragaera series, fun easy reading
      Scott Bakker – dense, heavy on philosophical introspective, severe and dark
      Dave Duncan – Seventh Sword series, easy read
      Patrick Rothfuss – King Killer Chornicles amazing first 2 books, been waiting over a decade for the last book in the trilogy
      Brandon Sanderson – Misborn era 1 and 2 and Stormlight Archives, interesting magic systems, all his books are in the same universe (The Cosmere) and have minor crossovers and an over arching story.

Classic series
      Roger Zelazny – Chronicles of Amber, I always liked the 1st person narrative-unusual for fantasy
      David Eddings – Belgariad, Mallorian, and Elenium series (Eddings writing reminds me a lot of Feist Riftwar series)
      C.S. Friedman – Coldfire triology, one of my favorite opening scenes and characters ever, bogs down in the middle, but I think the end of the story is worth it.

I’ve got a lot more

I don’t do a lot of sci-fi.

William Gibson – Neuromancer (single book)
        John Maxim – Abel, Baker, Charlie (single book)
        Isaac Asimov – Foundation Series

Thanks Kong! Just ordered Abercrombie’s First Law Trilogy. I have a strong feeling if you like it, I will as well.

Awesome you still have that series ahead of you. I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t love it. It’s an easy read, but isn’t kiddie or simplistic. The characters are all fleshed out and each book is better than the last.

The Bloody Nine is one of my all-time favorites and in my estimation Glokta is as interesting as any character you’ll find in fantasy.

Making Chinese spare ribs, fried tofu and soy fried rice this weekend. A year ago, 2 racks of ribs cost me between $20-$25, just paid $53.

Stanger Fest = Feast Fest

Steve – Guessing that last comment was misplaced? lol

Training camp hasn’t even started and some sites are writing about trap games. LOL

What exactly is bitch voting?

“When you try to overthrow the will of the people, and you try a coup in the United States government, you have to pay for that. Period.”

— Rep Adam Kinzinger

I really like Kinzinger

I’ve got a political mancrush on him, but then at one point had the same on Rudy. One thing for sure is he’s out of the House end of the year, but will be following him. He’s young.

I don’t think I have ever seen a political figure self destruct more than Rudy. I think he tops Nixon and Trump because everyone always knew those 2 had warts. Rudy went from being America’s mayor to being a bizarre caricature like figure

I watched him at a conference in DC sponsored by 3 of the most Conservative think tanks. American Enterprise was one and think Heritage another…. but you get the idea. Right when was talk of him running for Pres. He stood right next to me when waiting for the previous speaker to finish (he’s short and not much presence), but then he took the podium and lit up the very large conference hall. Guess for him those were the days.

Maybe Biden and Hillary don’t count Ken

You follow to much MSM

Neither of those 2 have fallen as far or hard as Rudy has especially in terms of public perception

Lol at Ken’s public perception, that’s why I said you should stop listening to MSM

When you write lies they’re still lies, even if said against your own party

Ken – I feel like Giuliani became Lord Sidius’ (Trump) Sith apprentice. He changed.

Exactly

Guiliani got media(ed) out, same guy he always was

All the work he did to get rid of the mafia and clean up the streets of NYC and, because he’s a Trump supporter they blackball him from society

What he did in NYC was fantastic and if I lived in NYC, I’d vote for him again for Mayor. He did go a little off the deep end while being under Trump’s wing.

Guess we have different opinions of the current Rudy. I find him a sad and pathetic shadow of who he once was, but you are welcome to find him dynamic, charismatic and intelligent. You do get that he was the lead on the Ukraine effort that led to an impeachment, has had his law license suspended, is promoter in chief of the big lie, and was in the insurrection war room at the Willard on Jan 6.

Rudy made the mafia become more low key but they still exist. But yeah he cleaned up the smut and a lot of crime. Now NYC is heading back to the darker days at least from people I know who live and work there.

You do get that the Ukraine thing was about Bidens corruption, that he admitted to laughing on a video

The big lie is what Trump exposed and why they’re so pissed at him, (better use a comma or dry humor Ken will come out of the woodworks) the good ole boy club or establishment and their corruption for decades

Let me see how we can be corrupt today…we’ll do another stimulus bill, yeah that’s what we’ll call it, Pelosi, Biden and the gang will setup 2% to people in need, the rest, as usual will go to the gang of thieves

Unbelievable how the establishment has fucked things up, yet some will try to move the narrative, it’s Putin’s fault, even though inflation and gas were way up before Feb…it’s Trumps fault, it’s SCOTUS’ fault

The people know what’s happened, redwave coming in Nov

What can happen to you when you get off your truck at the Avalanche Victory Parade.

95. bailbondmike says:

The wife and I were having some drinks by the pool and listening to some old mashups. Some could get your Independence Day party going. This one is good cranked up.