The Porcine Oddyssey #91: “SUH-denly”

THE PORCINE ODDYSSEY #90:  SUH-DENLY

AccousticPiggy

I know there are a lot of opinions on whether the Dolphins should have signed Ndamukong Suh, especially given the price tag.  So I wrote this little ditty to put it in perspective.

PIGGY BEGINS TO PLAY HIS GUITAR

(singing)

I used to think that free agency was just a fairy tale
After that Mike Wallace contract and after Wheeler and Ellerbee
But if I had to do it all again, I wouldn’t change a thing
‘Cause somehow Aponte found cap room to sign and Pay Suh’s fee

InsertBradyHere1

(singing)

SUH-denly, oinks have new meaning to me
There’s piggies up above
And players that can change the way you play D
You wake up and SUH-denly, you’re a dominant defense

InsertBradyHere2

(singing)

Suh, you’re everything a Dolfan could want and more
One thousand tackles are not enough to oink how much I hate Brady
And now you’ve come to this sunny shore
Never felt like this before, now go kill Brady

InsertBradyHere3

(singing)

SUH-denly, oinks have new meaning to me
There’s piggies up above
Tom Brady will need a nurse to help him pee

You wake up and SUH-denly, you’re a dominant defense

potential damage to Brady’s organs makes me say Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

You wake up and SUH-denly, you’re a dominant defense

InsertBrady6

(singing)

SUH-denly, oinks have new meaning to me
There’s piggies up above
Suh, I want you end this cheaters career, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

You wake up and SUH-denly, you’re a dominant defense

SuhGonnaEatYourLiver

(singing)

There’s piggies up above
And Suh is gonna eat your liver
You wake up and Suh-denly, you’re a dominant defense

SuhOutoftheWater

This entry was posted in The Porcine Oddyssey. Bookmark the permalink.

689 Responses to The Porcine Oddyssey #91: “SUH-denly”

Oh and on the topic of Michigan’s pro day, Funchess ran his 40 in 4.5 so thats definately better than he got at combine. Wonder if he just had a bad day at combine of something.

Saints trade Ben Grubbs to Chiefs

Saints continuing to purger their expensive dudes. They got a 5th rounder in return.

LMFAO! I had a shitty day at work, but this article has completely changed my mood! Great job Piggy.

Now rumor has it, the Dolphins are talking extension with Clay

Ian RapoportVerified account
    ‏@RapSheet
    RB intrigue in PHI, but TE intrigue in MIA. #Dolphins have Jordan Cameron in, but are trying to work out a long-term deal with Charles Clay

Piggy, that was the best porcine odyssey to date….Insert Brady Here….lol Thanks.

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
    Ryan Mathews is going to sign with the #Eagles, source said. Incredible duo of Murray and Mathews
    __________________________
    WOW, apparently Kelly wants Bradford to hand it off a lot to keep him upright…lol

The Philadelphia Daily News’ Les Bowen reports a trade of Evan Mathis is “indeed close.”
    The team trading for Mathis is unclear at this time. The Dolphins have been rumored as having interest, although Miami beat writers have thrown some cold water on that. The Rams are also believed to be in the running for Mathis.
    ________________________
    33yo 6’5 298, Hmmm, I’d keep looking.

9. Al in MIA says:

I think I found Randy’s twitter page. lol.

10. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    LOL @ Bradford handoffs. It’s sad but Bradford likely would tear an acl during his back step.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 12m12 minutes ago

Report: Dolphins trying to sign Charles Clay to multi-year deal http://wp.me

getterdone says:
    33yo 6’5 298, Hmmm, I’d keep looking.
    ————————————-
    Those numbers to you are more convincing than the #1 rated OG for several years in a row?

13. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    I’m really liking the TE in this draft and am going to be upset if the Patriots go after Maxx or Walford :(. I think the Saints have plans for Funchess or one of these other guys.
    I still like the value guys down on the list 🙂
    Heuermann if his foot checks out.
    Also, your gut feeling on Auburn’s TE CJ Uzomah?
    Wes Saxon (Hback type) & Blake Bell intrigue me as well.

14. Al in MIA says:

Alright got to go, :).
    SUHNAMI BABY!
    Still pumped about it 🙂

Would be nice to get Mathis for a 5th round pick and resign Clay
    ***
    We would be able to focus on WR, LBs and DBs on the draft

Also, your gut feeling on Auburn’s TE CJ Uzomah?
    Wes Saxon (Hback type) & Blake Bell intrigue me as well.

Saxton, and Uzomah are on my late round list, i havent checked out Blake Bell even though GDP said i should. Ill have to get around to that before draft.

Uzomah is a better receiver than given credit for because of Auburn’s more run based offense. I think he and Anderson from South Carolina are better than their stats say they are.

Yes, look into Bell, the boy is gonna be good I think, and I’ve never been wrong yet. 😉

D says:
    March 12, 2015 at 5:12 pm
    getterdone says:
    33yo 6’5 298, Hmmm, I’d keep looking.
    ————————————-

D, he’ll be 34 in Nov, plus he is breaking down some, missed about half of last season. I’d take him but the deal would have to be real minimal. I mean, why else would Eagles be trying to trade him? They don’t want to pay him $5.5M in 2015 or $6M in 2016.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 8m8 minutes ago

Dolphins sign defensive back T.J. Heath.
    ———————————-
    Another depth guy, they are definately counting on Taylor taking the next step.

Alain Poupart @apoupartFins
    Former @miamidolphins LB Jonathan Freeny, who wasn’t tendered as an RFA and therefore became a UFA, has signed with New England.
    _____________________
    Glad he’s kinda past his prime….lol

RIGHT ON!!!

Former Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz with interesting comments to ESPN.com about Ndamukong Suh: “A lot of guys want to get paid for what they’ve done in the past. I think Ndamukong knows and he relishes getting paid for what he’s going to do.”

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19s20 seconds ago

Jordan Cameron done w/ Cleveland, 2 yrs $15M, source says #Browns

That sucks that Freeney went to NE.
    They take all of our guys and we never take theirs, it gives credence to ffr’s theory that talent isn’t why they keep winning.

I bet Clay gets 4 years @ 30 mil

I think them resigning means we will re-sign Clay at least it feels like that to me, but i bet its going to be at at least 8mil per.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 10s11 seconds ago

In RB news, #Ravens re-signed Justin Forsett and the #Colts dumped Trent Richardson. What a disastrous two years in Indy
    —————————————————-
    I still think we should take a shot on Richardson. I mean sign him to a small contract and roll the dice. He’s a grinder and we could use one to complement.

Mariotta didn’t look so hot in his throwing at his pro day. A lot of throws that would have been picked or flat missed.

He looked sharp at Combine. I don’t and haven’t thought he is a perfectly polished product, but i think he had a bad day is all.

If we get Clay back and its not a boat ton of money, thats a big win for us.

Rahim Moore to Texans.

Ian Wharton ‏@NFLFilmStudy 31s32 seconds ago

Sure looks like Clay will remain a Dolphin. Once the Bills saw the Suh-structure, they probably knew they couldn’t pry him away

The first pic and the last pic are absolutely hilarious to me. This may be my favorite Oddyssey.

When Clay left Buffalo without a contract i felt pretty good about him coming back. Never felt Cleveland was going to be competition, but was a little nervous about the Bills signing him.

I think he just went to Cleveland to call Hartline a dick for saying he’d play for a discount to go to NE.

D, man I dunno man Mariotta didn’t and I should say hasn’t looked like a true first rounder to me. I know if I was picking I would be sure to pass. Give me Hundley over him.

I agree with you about not worth a first, but thats the QB draft market this year. Hundley isnt worth a first either, but also may go in the first.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 30s30 seconds ago

Jordan Cameron nearing a 2-year deal to return to the Browns with Miami moving on extension with Charles Clay. Cameron could get $7M/year

Browns re-signed TE Jordan Cameron to a two-year, $15 million contract.
    The Browns decided not to franchise tag Cameron, and they’ve been rewarded with a reasonable two-year deal. With Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely, Cameron is easily the Browns’ most talented pass catcher, but he has a troubling concussion history. As it is, the Browns were not going to be a better team by letting Cameron walk, and they’ve now made a smart move in a free-agency period where they’ve been very quiet. The Browns’ quarterback situation is an absolute mess, but Cameron is firmly on the TE1 radar for 2015.
    _______________________________
    The mess in Cleveland continues, especially when you have to say that Cameron is your most talented pass catcher. 🙄

Dolphins’ Tannenbaum: ‘Ryan Tannehill is going to be a great QB or he’s going to die trying’

[Tannehill] has a very good skill set, but his character is off the charts. If you look at the trajectory of Ryan’s career, it’s only going to keep getting better and better. He has an incredible will to win, great work ethic.

Lol wait, what does that say about Hartline……ouch.

37. jahndoh says:

Son you keep saying that about Hartline, but it was an unsubstantiated tweet that said it, it wasn’t a quote of Hartline. He’s gone so, whatever, but it kinda adds to the sting to those of us who liked him when you keep repeating what was little more than a rumor. He didn’t sign with New England so why crucify him like he did?

38. jahndoh says:

And Marriotta’s gonna have a great pro career. Too…. by the way…. son. So Fuckoff! 🙂

Really Hartline didn’t say that, that’s good cause that was really some bullshit

• jahndoh says:

At least I remembered it being a tweet based on rumor. Can’t spend too much time on it, but I did find this from the Cleveland paper:
      “Released Feb. 27th by the Dolphins, Hartline, 28, confirmed that he had chances to sign with several teams, including the Bears, Patriots and Texans. “

People forget Hartline had back to back 1000+ yard season with us in 2012 (Tanny’s rookie year) & in 2013.
    I like Hartline, thought he was a good receiver. My only knock on him is not getting in the endzone enough for a #2.

Mariota will struggle early on in the NFL…IMO. Maybe the right coach & team can develop him, but I don’t see him coming in and having the 1st couple of years that Tanny has had.

• jahndoh says:

We’ll see. I think he’ll be just fine early, and much better than that later. I don’t mean any disrespect, but I think people who don’t watch the Pac-12 regularly don’t really understand Oregon’s offense and don’t think there will be much carryover in his skillset to the NFL. I don’t believe that’s true, but only time will tell.

Plenty of carry over, but plenty of stuff he will be pretty much learning on the job.

• jahndoh says:

Like all rookie QBs. I still think a LOT of people think he was a 1 read QB in college and that’s completely inaccurate. He can read defenses, as indicated by his prolific stats and minimal INTs. He wasn’t a run first QB either..which is another myth people are propagating.

I think he has potential to become an NFL starter, but first rounders usually scream start right away and thats not what i see with him, or at least its not what i see healthiest for his development. I dont think he can handle starting immediately. He makes smart decisions with his passes, but he has very little experience under center, in huddles or having to go through multiple reads in the passing game. Given that, i think it will take him some time. So to me this isnt a discussion of if he will ever be good, just that he isnt start right away 1st round caliber.

• jahndoh says:

See, you bought it too. It’s wrong. He has always gone through read progressions. Someone says it and people just repeat it until it seems true, but anyone who watched that team and knew anything about it KNOWS it wasn’t a one read system.

Dont like that attitude, i like the guy and potential talent, but he seems obstinate and arrogant. Changed my mind, not even as a backup or short yardage back.

43. jahndoh says:

Here ya go Son, as unsubstantiated as it gets. She doesn’t even cite an “anonymous” source, so that coupled with the fact it’s also been confirmed by multiple outlets and Brian himself that he had an offer from the Pats and turned it down-means it wasn’t true.

In this case he clearly went for the money and the hometown team, so I don’t have to remember him as a turncoat too. 🙂

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
    Hartline will take less $ to play w/ a QB such as #Patriots Brady, will require more $$ to play w/ a #Browns McCown or #Texans Mallet

LOL Jahn, did you and Mariota go to the same school or something? Is he your relative? You defend him SOOOOOO vehemently

• jahndoh says:

This is the first time all offseason I’ve even got anyone to buy into a conversation about it. I think most of this board watched Winston a fair amount and almost never watched Marriota, so their opinions reflect that. I live in Pac-12 territory, and I’m a UCLA fan but you don’t see me pimpin’ Brett Hundley, I’m just sharing what I know about a kid that a lot of others don’t seem to realize.

Like I said, time will tell. I don’t see anything “vehement” about anything I’ve said to be totally honest. But the internet, sometimes doesn’t read the way it’s intended I guess…

TJ heath played two games for us last year after being called up from the practice squad

I agree with meaning not coming across in type. There is soooo much more to communication than the words spoken / written.

Let’s eat, Grandma
    Let’s eat Grandma
    It is why I refuse to text anything important / emotionally charged on my phone. “whatever” can be said with so many different inflections, but can piss someone off if they read it as dismissive for example.

• jahndoh says:

“Jahn, I have just seen you being “his advocate” on here this offseason. To the point where guys started taking “shots” at you in passing by saying stuff about him (read as if baiting you)”

I have totally missed it. To be honest, yeah, I like the kid, and I have kind of wanted someone to talk to me about it, but when I tried a couple weeks back to mention it to Tim he basically told me he wasn’t interested (no problem Tim, I get it, it’s not really dolphins related). Mostly I’ve been jonesin’ for someone to discuss it with me. LOL…

I’m not charged up about it at all. It’s just my thoughts on a prospect, and we’ve all been plenty wrong on these. I just want some folks to know that Oregon isn’t a 1-read, QB run first offense like the media is propagating. They’re incredibly similar to Philly’s offense, and in some ways similar to ours.

LOL Piggy. I’ve been busy all day, first chance I’ve had to check in. I actually had Suddenly playing on youtube while I read it so to better get the effect!!! My favorite line is Tom Brady will need a nurse to help him pee. lmao

And then sometimes I just can’t remember the exactly correct word that I want to use. Vehemently is perhaps a bit strong. How about consistently?

• jahndoh says:

Sure, I’ll own that. I don’t care if you want to stick with vehemently either…it’s probably just for lack of opportunity my vehemence hasn’t shown yet. 😉

UHG, SHE just left. She hasn’t moved out yet but has found somewhere else to sleep every night since last month. She comes during the day to get clothes, do laundry, what ever and then goes before I get home. We haven’t spoken in 2 weeks. She was here packing MY suit cases for her trip to a Costa Rica resort……
    See you next tuesday!

Ken, I am having “that feeling” are gamma rays contagious?

“Anyway probably my last defense on the subject. I’ll always be a fan of Hartline, unless he’s playing against us, or his team losing helps the fins in someway…of course.”
    Somehow I knew it wasn’t going to be your last defense on the subject Jahn!

LOL Jahn, I would talk to you about him, but I don’t watch college ball. My parents went to Nova SE late in life when I was a team, my older sister was a gator and my older brother was a ‘nole. I dug ditches. The Ditch Digger’s didn’t have a team at the time so I never formed an affinity for any team other than the dolphins. I’m a one team / woman kind of guy. I am faithful to a fault, even when the thing I am faithful to doesn’t deserve it. (bosses, soon to be future ex-wife, team that hasn’t had a winning season in years or been to a superbowl since I was a kid, dickhead friends who I help move, but are always busy when I move, etc. LOL)

I have been tempted to post Mariota sucks, myself, just to see the automatic response from Jahn. JBB

Jahn, a friend stopped by and my wife is getting home we’ll talk later I ‘ll be away for a little bit

55. Try Pod says:

Jahn,
    About Mariota- you are right; No one really wants to talk about him. Many have seen a little, heard a lot, and know that Oregon runs that up-tempo offense, put all that together, and think it will be difficult for his skill set to transfer to a pro-style offense. It is true he does not have a lot of experience under center. It is true that, although he didn’t always, he often hit his first read. It is also true that there is an east coast bias, but approximately 60% of the population lives east of the Mississippi, so it is a natural bias. I’m not trying to be argumentative- I don’t think I could best you in such an endeavor- I’m just trying to explain why I think this might be the case with Mariota, though you probably already know all of this already.

• Try Pod says:

I probably should have put in there, add you did, that since he is not on the Dolphins’ radar, we are even less inclined to have an in depth discussion on him, as you did. I hope he does well, I really don’t know if he will, but I undressed the skepticism. I also understand the concerns people have of Winston, fwiw.

I knew Hartline would take my tweet to heart and stay away from signing with the Patriots. You’re welcome Dolphins fans.
    I wish Hartline well. He’ll always be a Miami Dolphin to me.

if he could only rub his tummy while he patted his head (kept his feet moving as he caught the ball.) He did leave his feet alot, often for no reason (not a poorly placed ball) when catching the ball. I love him, but he would “toe tap the sideline” between the hash marks. LOL
      Bess was worse. Did he ever catch a ball where he wound up still standing? LOL Of course Bess only had Henne throwing to him. (I KNOW I WAS A HENNE DEFENDER, I SAID I AM TOO FAITHFUL)

LOL @ rubbing his tummy while patting his head.
        Friend: “Hey, Hartline, you want some gum?”
        Hartline: “No thanks, I’m going for a walk in a minute. Need to stay focused.”

The Miramar Ditch Diggers are going to be GREAT this year.

Stanger, if you are out there, have you tried that Tilted Kilt by your house yet? Text me or call me if you want to this weekend.

We (Stanger and i) almost went about a week ago when I was I so fla

Damn, I wish I had known you were in town. I sent you a text. (I think) “is this piggy? Rockphin here” I never got a response. It was in response to one of the numbers that was in the group text fest day so I wasn’t sure if it was you.

Blog tease, I am switching it back to #14

Funny, hover your mouse over my avi and my “factory air” avi pops up even though I am still seeing Landry on the board.

There she is! factory air

Any news on Clay?

Latest I heard is that no offer sheet has come in from Buffalo yet and that the FO is trying to sign him to a long term year. (Herald, no source)

NFLN was reporting the browns a few minutes ago.

Everything is saying now Jordan is not a Brown

I have no idea what is going on

BAH BAH BAH BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
    The drama deepens. Does that mean Clay is gone? hmmmmmmmm
    Well it doesn’t matter, we get Lynch back this year off of IR Woooot woooot.

I really wish we’d re-sign Clay.

I want Clay back too, but I have a feeling that Sims is going to tear it up this year. I saw a piece on him on the Phinsider show (local dolphins sunday morning show on after the Coach Joe Philben Show) preseason of his first year and I instantly became a fan. Good guy.

IF clay leaves, Sims will know the Offense the best and will be the best blocker (of what we have so far with Jordan) and I think he route running was getting better as the year progressed last year.

Arthur Lynch @alynch1788

It’s the negativity and naysayers that make it easy to wake up early to grind. I welcome doubters because without them I wouldn’t be here…
    Retweeted by Omar Kelly
    LOL you think he reads us? I am still going to get that Lynch autographed hat to give away at the fest.

Man, I am REALLY wondering what is going on with Clay…
    Clay, Sims, Jordan, Lynch. That is pretty deep at TE

Why not, we’ve kept 4 and 5 TEs in the past. You can do a lot of things with them including keeping LBs on the field who could struggle to cover them.

My job has been crazy today. I haven’t seen it this busy in quite some time. Oh, and the software program sucks even more! I’m organizing a walkout! We will be heard, and if it ain’t remedied, we will WALK!

Seriously a strike?

Not a strike – I think they need to know how difficult this new system is making things for us. It’s totally subpar, and worse than the shitty old system we had. They need to know how it’s adversely affecting business, the flow and pae we need to work at, and can’t, because how poorly this system suits our needs.

I am 1/2 way through “A Memory of Light” book 14 of TWOT. I read “Towers of Midnight” in 4 days last week.

76. jahndoh says:

” It is true that, although he didn’t always, he often hit his first read.”

Not buying that anymore than every QB everywhere is more likely to hit his first read then his 2nd and his 2nd more than his 3rd and his 3rd more than his 4th. It’s just another way to restate what isn’t true about him. He’s not a one read QB, and he’s never played in a one read system.

Rock

Hope things start turning for the better bro. Hopefully real soon.

Tim, I don’t know if we can afford him if we do sign Jordan as is now being reported. Suh is getting that money. Plus the $3mill guarantee for Wheeler kicked in because he is injured at the beginning of the league year. I don’t know the exact number, but we are tight on cap and will be even moreso next year. TERRIBLY SO 28 mil to suh is going to crush us.

79. jahndoh says:

Wow, wild stuff on Jordan. I heard the Buffalo GM talking on the radio today and he didn’t tip his hand if they were pushing hard for Clay. Said: “We’ve got to figure it all out with Clay and see if we’re going to get involved in this transition situation”.

• Rhino says:

maybe Fins and bills are both realizing that neither guy is worth $7+ million

• jahndoh says:

I doubt it. The Transition tag was the official proclamation from the fins that they think he’s worth exactly that. Clearly we don’t see eye to eye on Clay Rhino.

Rock

Book of TWOT? LMAO!!!

Thanks Mike. PPL keep saying it but I just don’t feel it brother. Have been basically alone since new years and have been going “out” to be around ppl, but it is so hard to break into a conversation with people, who mostly are already talking with friends, etc. I wind up being alone in a room of 100 ppl. Makes it even more lonely.

I hear ya man. I’m not going to lie and say I know what you’re going through, but I’m sure it’s difficult. No single friends? Have you tried any of the computer dating services, or is it too soon?

Rock, I know you’re going through a tough time. I hope things get better for you.

I have been spending a lot of time at starbuck’s patio area. I found a good one. It is situated between a nail salon and a hair salon and has a big covered seating area in front……

I’m seeing reports Dolphins are working on an extension for Clay, and that the Dolphins are set to sign Cameron? C’mon, this has got to stop. Stop rushing and throwing shit against the wall and hope it sticks!

Thanks Tim. Need to “get back on the bike” so to speak, even though I am not “single” yet. Can’t be any more single than “alone” LOL.
    There is a womens’ only gym around the corner of this starbucks as well. PRIME location for reading my book. LOL (or posting on this blog.)

Rock was the guy standing by the Girls restroom at the bar!!!!!!!!!!!
    😉

Mike, no single friends and nearly no “local” friends. All of my best friends have moved more than an hour away (or I have moved further from them in some cases) and I have been with HER for 13 years so “My friends” gradually turned into “our friends” and have now basically become “her friends”
    too soon for a dating website, besides, I was on Match 15 years ago before I met my future X. Me and a buddy of mine signed up at the same time, we were both is the same profession, had the same hobbies are the same age (and I think I am better looking, LOL) but he had a date a week and I NEVER got a response to any of my “flirts” or what ever they called it and never got contacted by anyone either. It soured me on internet dating. (and damaged my ego, LOL)

88. jahndoh says:

Something to keep in mind is that if Clay signs the Transition tag (he hasn’t yet) he’ll be obligating the fins to that 7+m one year contract. Which would likely kill any deal with Cameron.

This TE situation got interesting!

a two way stare down at TE

I say we sign all the TEs and get so fucking deep the opponent has not clue how to match up or what we’re doing. LOL

Charles Robinson ✔ @CharlesRobinson

NFL source tells Yahoo Sports it’s done: Jordan Cameron has signed with the Miami #Dolphins.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly

Stressful day for me….if anyone cares.
    no, no I don’t think anyone does. Thanks again though for bring US together.

NFL free agency has been outrageous this year

96. jahndoh says:

So will the fins remove the tag from Clay before he signs it? This is crazy. Maybe we’re going to have a 3 headed TE attack this season with Jordan Clay and Sims. Would be wild!

Catch ya later fellas, and lovely lady – Closing up here.

100. Try Pod says:

Jahn, I was just trying to engage a little bit with your desire to talk about mariota. You pick one thing you didn’t like as if that’s the entirety of what I said. You have said many times in different ways that you choose to listen to those with more experience or expertise on a subject, and talking heads of various credibility have said these things about him. I’m sorry I couldn’t be more compelling.

The salary cap era and the big contracts is changing the way NFL teams do business.

Looks like we signed Jordan

Good now sign Clay, and use him where he’s dangerous in the H-Back role. I don’t give a shit any more about not paying too much money to players one yr and being in salary cap hell another.

Jordan is the type of player that Egnew was suppose to be. I just feel sad that this could mean Clay goes elsewhere. 😦

Whoa!!!

Don’t say goodbye to Clay yet

Yeah! Re-sign Clay too. Do it! Do it! Do it! You need depth at TE because they ask them to do so many different things these days – play TE, WR, FB and H-back.

‘This issue NFL teams have with Mariota is there aren’t a lot of NFL throws on tape because of the system they ran. That doesn’t mean he can’t make them because he showed well at the combine.’

lol and that is all that matters. ignore years of game tape all that matters is what a guy can do without a game setting and throw with no pressure.

March 12, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Don’t say goodbye to Clay yet

that is what demi moore said then she almost had to have sex with whoopie

We had a pretty good offense the yr we had a 2 headed TE, Martin was one of them, don’t remember if Fasano was the other or if it was the yr before Fasano.

Is Clay a little jealous that Cameron signed? He got back awful quick.

115. jahndoh says:

“ahn, I was just trying to engage a little bit with your desire to talk about mariota. You pick one thing you didn’t like as if that’s the entirety of what I said.”

I’m sorry you saw it that way, but if everything you say is totally reasonable but one thing stands out, I’m going to comment on that one thing. It’s like you buried the same tired myth about Mariota into a post that otherwise offered pretty reasonable stuff, that I neither had anything to add too nor argue with.

Sometimes I wonder exactly what the fuck I’m supposed to say. LOL…it’s like constant eggshells.

So we can just not talk about it I guess. I had a civil exchange with Rock, so it’s not like I’m incapable of it. LOL…

• Try Pod says:

It’s ok, I knew what I was potentially getting into when I started. I just felt as if you were dismissing my opinion. This is exactly why I rarely attempt to get in heavy discussion about anything- you can never tell the intent behind the typed word, particularly when you don’t really know the individuals. Too easy to misinterpret intent.

Are we an attractive team to play for again?

steve

to not piss off god, i admit never seen him play but one game against fsu. but i think it is proven the combine is way way overrated how it sends draftee’s up the charts. but what the hell do i know, i still think mike e is a nice guy.

Then you should read the article of the 14 celebs who are openly bi-sexual, it may give you some ideas 😛

• jahndoh says:

Well the comment you responded to was founded on total bullshit, so it’s not about his combine performance, it’s about his actual tape.. I’ve watched him make NFL throws all season long, but since Philly isn’t an NFL team I guess….lol.

Oregon is more of a traditional NFL than what Philly is running these days, This is classic East Coast bias. One of the top QBs in the draft class, and nobody’s seen anything but the National Championship game and a couple clips compilations on youtube. They think he’s Dennis Dixon all over again even though he’s not and Oregon has a different coach and a scheme that requires a QB who can read defenses and make bigtime throws. I could cite some more nerdy type analysts that say Mariota’s pocket passing actually grades out better than Winstons, but than it’s just he said she said and who you lend credibility too.

I don’t know. Like I’ve said multiple times, I could be wrong about this, but the certitude with which all these ALWAYS SPOT ON talking heads say shit that doesn’t reflect reality whatsoever bugs me. When I see other people just blindly repeating it, it still bugs me. LOL..

FFR, what I’m saying is at the combine scouts want to see if you can throw the deep out and other routes required in the NFL. I heard Mariota did well though I didn’t see it because I didn’t follow the combine that closely this year. I’ve seen them so many times and all I need now is the numbers to gauge what prospects may or may not be, not to actually watch it myself because every year I realize I’m not picking any prospects. LOL

Are we an attractive team to play for again?

the fins were then they picked those gay ass easter egg colors. who wants to worry about some kid thinking you are bringing them a basket of candy.

I’ll be one of the top running backs from here on out. They ruled Marshawn Lynch off in his third year. Look at what he’s doing now. My next stop, I’ll be the starter. I still have my pride and I know who I am.
    Trent Richardson

– Trent Richardson, after being cut by the Colts.

Ok, lets get him too, pffft!

No oink on Clay yet

jahndoh says:
    March 12, 2015 at 9:37 pm

or remember his game vs. Winston where Winston made Garo Yepremian look like a QB savant. LOL..

lol petty sure when winston did that he was on the side line. but ok, the qb does get credit for everything that happens

Believe it or not, we have an attractive QB situation. 😉

• jahndoh says:

Pretty sure he lit them up for 50 something points, but hey, the west coast guy you watched once couldn’t possibly be good.

See…two can play that sarcasm game, don’t get butthurt, just dished it back at you.

I hope Clay saw the QB situation wasn’t that great out there and he knows Tannehill is on the rise.

who the hell do you think wrote the article and did the interviews.

Are you coming out of the closet? You know what they say, a woman that is bi, is bi, but a man who is bi is gay.

Rockphin says:
    March 12, 2015 at 8:19 pm

——————–
    Awesome! Enjoy it, Rock. To me it was a satisfying ending. I wonder how amazing it could have been if Jordan had finished it himself but Sanderson did a good job of giving us Jordan’s vision and ending to the story.

• Try Pod says:

I’m a dissenter- the ending left me less than satisfied, though my father in law and our own Minnesota Randy seemed to like it, too.

lol, dont knock it till you try it. butthurt can be fun.

127. jahndoh says:

I didn’t know that was Tim’s quote. I thought it was a talking head. Now I’m just getting into trouble. My assesment of that quote Tim was as if it had come from one of those Mel Kiper types. I disagree he didn’t make a lot of NFL throws in that system. NFL teams are running moving pockets and roll outs all over the place these days, and Mariota ran an offense that looked a lot like a blend between Philly’s of the last two years and SF’s during their Championship run.

I was listening to sports radio a month ago and they (Mike Francesa and Gary Daniels) were discussing Mariota as a system QB who throws 75% pick/screens that won’t work in the NFL. But Mariota showed more skill at the combine from what I heard.

Ultimately I don’t care because we have our QB. 🙂

jahn

and you mean against that fsu team that everyone and their mother said was grossly overrated?

and just having some fun too. but my comment wasnt about him as a player, i didnt see him play much. my comment was about the overrating of the combine.

the best thing the guy has going for him is the bucs seem to be leaning towards winston. so now as far as i am concerned i hope winston is a huge bust.

• jahndoh says:

Most folks thought the winner of that game was going to be the National Champion. I never heard a single mother say they were over rated until the game was over and OR had blown them out.

129. jahndoh says:

Trypod,

All good my man. I did just pick on that one statement, but it was genuinely because it’s the only one that stood out to me. My reputation of arguing doesn’t help me in cases like that. 🙂

They could be keeping the transition tag on to force the bills to make a higher offer

steve

it is only gay if you are the one on your knees. other wise you are just a man that likes bjs. lol

I have to say this has been an awesome FA period so far. The idea of snagging Cameron & keeping Clay is fascinating. It makes me think maybe we go into the season with Wallace, Landry and Matthews at WR and we can go with Clay and Cameron splitting out in 4-5 WR sets. Maybe use our 1st rd pick on a O lineman or LB and draft a WR in the later rds.

The way last season ended I was pretty fucking over football and thought it would take me a few months to get back into the groove but I’m already back chasing that dragon, lol.

jahn,

just talking about comments on here. i really dont go else where for my football chat or knowledge.

and again, wasnt a shot at the kid, i dont know enough about him to judge him. just a comment about the power of the combine on draftee’s

134. jahndoh says:

Gonna get out of here before I talk my way into trouble. Please disregard any Mariota talk from me today. I said a lot and none of it came off right. 🙂

So we signed Cameron? OK, so he’s TE for about 3 games this year, who plays the rest?

ha, jahn leaving cause he cant handle a good argument.

March 12, 2015 at 9:58 pm

lynch

Try,
    When I first read it I hated it but after rereading it a couple of times I came to appreciate it a lot. After investing 20 years in the series the idea of not having an ending was unthinkable. Considering how hard the task was for Sanderson I’m satisfied although as I said I do wonder just how great it COULD have been.

Honestly, in the 3 books Sanderson wrote the only two things I can’t forgive is he flat out destroyed Cadsuane’s character and he had absolutely no idea how to write Matt’s character. Matt was better in book 3 but he was so off in the first 2 it was hard to read his parts. Cadsuane became a one note cookie cutter cliche instead of the dynamic bitch she was when Jordan wrote her, lol.

• Try Pod says:

I appreciate that, Kong. I did not spend 20 yrs on the series. My father in law just handed them to me about 4 years ago, so I got through them in like 2 years. Your appreciation of the ending is understandable. And I think Sanderson did a really good job, particularly with such an iconic series. However, I don’t like what he did to Egwene. I also think Matt and Tuon’s story was so much richer and had so much left to it that just got left out. I realize he had to do it, and it’s easy to be critical when you’re not responsible.. It left me- empty.

Cheers, Bro. I understand and respect your opinion as well. I think one thing we can all agree on is that it would have been fucking EPIC if Jordan had been able to finish it himself.

I have to leave shortly, the much anticipated game between the Knicks and Lakers is about to start 😉

Let’s say it goes down like this:
    Clay: FB, H-back and split wide.
    Cameron: TE and split wide.
    Sims: In-line and sometimes moves around.
    Lynch: (Sims backup)

Do it, do it, do it!

ok i am out all. night everyone.

piggy I’m sure that’s why we kept the transition tag. Its to bleed the bills.

if we keep clay and jordan does that mean wallace is gone?

I’m really worried that Cameron won’t be able to stay on the field. I wonder what the contract is for next year, how much is guaranteed. Not a bad gamble if they checked him medically for this year, but if he’s out of football with another concussion, I hope we’re protected.

• manitobafinfan says:

Mike E i agree on the concussion issues.. Would still like to see Clay signed.. Very happy to have Suh the player here as well, over all D will be improved just by the attention he will warrant..

Goodnight FFR

Boulder

If we’re doing it, we can afford it. We still haven’t cut Ellerbe yet,that will free up cap space. We can’t cheat, so whatever they’re doping it within the cap, right?

• BoulderPhinfan says:

yea I just hope we’re not mortgaging the future so we can save some jobs next year

Doesn’t seem like that’s the case. If they really liked Joe so much, they wouldn’t have to just go for it this year, they could sign him to a 5 YR extension right now. Tannenbaum isn’t in a hurry to win, he was just hired. I think they’re just trying to win to win, not necessarily to save anyone’s job. That’s what I think anyway.

• Try Pod says:

I understand that concern, and have even voiced similar. I just haven’t seen proof this is the motivation, only speculation, so it’s hard for me to give it much credence.

Hey Manitoba! I followed Cameron closely the last couple of years, I had him in FF. He’s a very talented TE, if healthy, probably better than Clay, but unfortunately for him, he hasn’t been able to stay on the field, especially last year.

Hoping last year was an abberation.. His size in the Red zone would be Awesome to have at our disposal..

150. jetsssuck says:

Imagine Clay Cameron and Sims in a 3 TE package.Now that would challenge any DC.

Add Kevin White or Devante Parker, or even Breshad Perriman to that equation, and that’s a lot of red zone threats right there!

• manitobafinfan says:

Would also mean we could take time with a new WR coming in , the pressure to start him right away would not be there..

Praying for Health next year… Yes we still still need to UPGRADE some positions, but over all no GLARING HOLES .. If Suh can command the attention he should it will open up space and opportunity for everyone else on D.. i see our Sack totals going up, even if he does not get a single one. The pressure will lead to INT’s.. , shorter fields (no i dont mean the Punters contract)

If Cameron was in this years draft, he’d be the first TE off the board. Check this out

Boulder

You’re most likely right about that (DEF or O-line).

I can’t confirm this, there have been no official reports on this matter, but I hear Stanger is supplementing the difference between Fields old contract and his new contract. I can’t confirm that though. Maybe Stanger will be willing to talk about it when he gets back on here. lol

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 1h1 hour ago

Cameron on Tannehill: He’s young, he’s willing to work & puts the hours in..definitely was a big part of my decision.

Mike : Clay strikes me as faster than Cameron, maybe just appearances ? what were his times like ?

If Son is out there
    check your email

Philbin is going back to who he is. Remember when he left Green Bay they were keeping 4, 5 even 6 TE’s on the team. Cameron, Clay, Sims and Lynch could all suit up and do different things in the offense. I like it. Come on Clay and Dolphins stay together.

Philip Dorsett put in that mix – oh man.

Again, do any of us have a really good grasp on the cap? Suh’s salary is like 825K this year. LOL

The people paid to do it in both Aponte and Tannenbaum who worked together before and are capologists are the ones who Ross trusts with his money. They are administrative but have a big voice in operations.

Mr. T re-signing Sanchez when he didn’t have to was his main blunder with the Jets. He was also the GM who helped the Jets get to 2 AFC championships in a row in 2010/11, that seems to get left out. LOL

Gigi, I think you might be right, Mr. T has a lot of control over the team. What I got from the Suh presser is Ross is the czar, Tannebaum is his captain, Hickey is the personnel Sergeant and Philbin coaches the team.

I don’t have a problem with it because when you look at it, you see everyone is where they should be. Tannenbaum is not a personnel guy. He’s better at crunching numbers and coordinating. But he has experience in the personnel business. So we’ll see.

The bottom line is wins and losses. That’s what Ross is paying everyone for. Go Phins!!!

160. Try Pod says:

Cameron on Tannehill: “He’s young, he’s willing to work & puts the hours in.. who are we talking about, again?”

Awesome Piggs

Hey Toba good to see you. You lovin some Suh?

Goodnight all! Suhweet dreams!

Test ?

Weird… couldnt post , had to log out/in.. works now..

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

The #Jets are finalizing a 4-year contract for former #Chargers safety Marcus Gilchrist, source said. He will sign tomorrow.

Wow they are signing a shit ton of DBs..

Get home safe everyone

Jordan is a downfield/red zone target that Egnew was suppose to be. Come on, re-sign Clay and make it perfect. LOL

Where’s Rob?

13. Bill Cowher

“We’re not attempting to circumcise rules.” Now look, maybe he was saying that the Steelers weren’t trying to cut off the small flap on the back cover of the rule book.

Bowles said they would rebuild the defense and they have. We better upgrade the OL and overall blocking. The Jets and Bills are good on defense and the Pats aren’t bad. We have a top front 4 too so blocking it is a premium. We have to get better in matchups.

You have the DL and the QB and some skill. How’s the protection?

The top rounds in no particular order should be the big WR if he’s there, OL, LB or DB.

• manitobafinfan says:

at this point , if the Big WR isn’t there i’d like to see trade down a bit and fortify those 4 positions.. Outside of the Big WR , do you see anyone Jump out at 14 ??

No, DT is out. We added Suh and the team likes Mitchell, Francis and Johnson.

Then we have Wake, Vernon, Jordan, Shelby, Fede and McCain who I think is the one moved to SOLB. Jordan is bigger than McCain, he’s more DE.

I do like the WR and OL pool if we stay at #14. QB the top DT and pass rushers will set the stage early. I think we’ll have 4-5 prospects at #14.

Cameron deal 2 yrs for $15 mil.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Folks, the odds of Charles Clay playing with Jordan Cameron are ZERO. Who pays their TE’s $14M?

It’s official we just signed Clay 😉

Okay i suck at this… Your score is: 4338 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 14: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 15: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (B-)
    Round 3 Pick 14: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (B)
    Round 4 Pick 15: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (B-)
    Round 6 Pick 15: Andrew Donnal, OT, Iowa (C-)
    Round 7 Pick 15: Jeff Luc, ILB, Cincinnati (F)

So.. New FP draft, go to our pick and here is what is available at WR
    Amari Cooper Jr Alabama WR 1
    Breshad Perriman rJr UCF WR 2
    DeVante Parker Sr Louisville WR 1
    Devin Funchess Jr Michigan WR/TE 2
    Devin Smith Sr Ohio State WR 2
    Dorial Green-Beckham rJr Oklahoma WR 1
    Jaelen Strong rJr Arizona State WR 1
    Nelson Agholor Jr Southern California WR 2
    Rashad Greene Sr Florida State WR 2
    Sammie Coates rJr Auburn WR 2

I think a few worthy of a 14 pick , Cooper, Strong (i hear name here a lot) , Parker, DGB (is this too high for him ?)

Toba I would LOVE that draft. The stupid 7th rounder messed up your grade but the first four might come in and start.

The grading system seems to be screwed up, if it was done like in school his grade would be lower than a B.

• manitobafinfan says:

Most of them are “Name Recognition” picks.. i dont watch much College Ball , and get most of my Info from the Educated people here.. And I LOVE the Vids i have een on Perryman.. i like the big hits…

Im Off to sleep (i Hope) have a great 1st Week of 2015 Season.. Will No Doubt be a Fun Ride ..