Miami Dolphins News 5/16/15

R.I.P. Garo Yepremian.  One of the Greats.

Yep

Stop worrying so much!  Branden Albert is on course to play in the season opener.

branden-albert

What does that mean for the rest of the OL?  Right now Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas are penciled in to be our starting guards.

Billy Turner

The Suh acquisition was legal!  He’s going to eat your cheating liver Tom Brady!

Suhsigning

Tom Brady kicks your grandmother in the back, Patriots fans blame NFL, Brady appeals your frown.

(No Link)

BradyDork

This entry was posted in Dolphins News. Bookmark the permalink.

237 Responses to Miami Dolphins News 5/16/15

I HOPE YOU FOLKS READ my call for STEVE ROSS to set aside ONE HOME GAME EVERY YEAR up to 2022 –the 50th Anniversary of the PERFECT SEASON!! –DON’T WAIT UNTIL most of the players are dead or physically infirmed to the point they can not attend a celebration in their honor!! It’s ALREADY TOO LATE for Yepremiam, Morrall, and a few others.

THAT’s one home game per season up through 2022 to honor the members of THE PERFECT SEASON roster, coaches and players.

…from old post page turn.

Good post & I agree!
    What would really be nice is honoring those 72 Dolphins by winning another Super Bowl between 2015 & 2022 seasons. 😀
    olddolphan says:
    May 16, 2015 at 2:16 pm
    HAVING THEM as guests of honor during the home game against New England wouldn’t be a bad idea, either!
    getterdone says:
    May 16, 2015 at 2:22 pm
    Ha, this year…yes, so the fans & national tv can say how this is what real players that don’t cheat look like!!!

OD

What do you mean?
    Like a honorary home game?

The dolphins can wear the 72 unis for the game

It w

It sounds like a good idea to me

YES, the REAL throw-back unis each year for one home game to honor ALL the players and coaches who made THE PERFECT SEASON a reality!! –Having one home game each year from ’15 through ’22 (50th Anniversary of the PERFECT SEASON) WOULD BE A great way to honor absolute perfection – – SOMETHING THE CHEATRIOTS will never know!!

I like that idea. Maybe the more they think about Perfection, the closer they can get to perfection!

OD

I will see if I can find some info
    But I do think Dolphins will be wearing throwbacks for 1 game this year

That’s correct, I saw it a few days ago, the picture showed Griese and #50 who I don’t know. The jersey’s are from ’66.

Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole reports it’s “highly unlikely” the Seahawks will extend contract-year QB Russell Wilson’s deal this year.
    Wilson is said to be seeking in excess of $20 million annually on a five-year extension. Per Cole, the Seahawks “have no desire to get anywhere close to that” and are willing to let him play out the final year of his rookie contract and then use the franchise tag back-to-back years through 2017. That would net Wilson around $45-48 million over the next three years. Recent reports have suggested the two sides are “10s of millions” apart in contract talks. Cole’s report seconds that.

Seems they believe in that defense more than Wilson, that and Wilson throwing the ill fated pick over the middle on the goal line to lose the Super Bowl hurt his chances to demand $20+M per year.

I actually wish that Deflate-Gate goes away very soon. I don’t think I can withstand some of the most ridiculous statements in the world. The more I listen, the more I lose faith in humanity. This asscrack was on NFL radio telling Zig Fracassi and his cohost that the Wells Report is the best thing for America. Then he says the fact that America will be educated by the “Ideal Gas Laws”, the very same laws Jahn posted a day or so ago. Then he talks about the 11 Patriots footballs and how they were obviously affected by the weather, which is clearly an effect of the natural gas law. OK brainless, what about the Colts footballs that tested nowhere near as low as the Patriots footballs and were also exposed to the same weather?

I mean really, WTF!!!!!! This shit has to got to end, and I hate Tom Brady and that fucking NE team much more than I ever thought possible.

Can you see this decal

I’m not sure if we are wearing this all season or just for 1 game

The whole season, I believe. —
      ——————————–
      MIKE E.; Understand your being tired of “DeflateGate.” –But, in my view, the MORE they talk about it the WORSE the Cheatriots look and THE BETTER WE LOOK!! – – i’D love TO RUB THEIR CHEATING NOSES IN IT FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL YEARS!!!!

Ditto for sure, and that’s what I’ve been saying, I don’t care about the 4 game suspension, just get everyone against the cheats, including the refs. Let it drag out in court for yrs, and maybe it will take some of their scheming time away too.

Already at home in Miami
    Me thinks he loves it

Mike E

Most nfl fans believe the cheats are getting what they deserve

No one agreed with the silly ideal gas law bs

It doesn’t make sense as a defense
    The patriots balls were significantly below the threshold
    The colts balls were not
    In order to conclude the the ideal gas laws affecting the footballs
    You have to conclude it affected both

It’s just BS by patriots lackeys
    Fuck em
    Let them keep arguing lies
    Just keep laughing at them

I know that, you know that, but it kills me as to how many dopes out there DON’T know.

Stupid people are a fact of life

When they speak their mind it just makes them easier to spot

Including the 2 dumbass hosts on NFL radio this afternoon, which really bothers me. These guys should be up on this at this point,.

True Piggles! Your a smart Piggy

OD,
    I suppose that’s partially true, maybe I just shouldn’t listen to it anymore. Mostly I hear people either brushing it off as no big deal, or defending the Patriots and Tom Brady. It’s ridiculous.

Mike E, I haven’t listen to much discussion about deflate-gate other than on WFAN on the way home with Francesa who laughs at people trying to defend the Pats with dumb shit and he basically exposes their stupidity every time. And Francesa likes Brady as a QB. But he’s not buying their nonsense either.

I think the more this BS goes on the worse it is for the Pats because now they look stupid and are lying even more and everyone knows it. They are losing more and more respect each day and it’s great! LOL

• Brian in NY says:

Exactly. I think if they really push this they may get harsher penalties. That is my hope anyway!

I’m with you Mike- I can’t stand to hear another word about it.

The one good thing about Jordan being out is we don’t have to force Mr. Special into the game and now players who are ready to play will be out there. That and Chris McCain may become what we had hoped Jordan would be, that hybrid edge defender who can play OLB/DE. We lose a #3 pick we traded up for with a 2nd but replace him with a UDFA in his 2nd season. McCain is not as big as Jordan but at 6-5 250 with a mean streak, we may have found his replacement. How cool would that be? It almost erases the entire Jordan trade and pick and still have the player in another guy.

McCain is my sleeper already on the team to take the next step and be a force. He flashed right away last year before getting an injury, an illness and a death in the family that slowed his progress. But when he was out there he showed promise. Go Chris McCain!!! And Bryce and Bobby too. LOL

• jetsssuck says:

u no John McCain was my CO in the US Navy. the squadron call name was hellrazors and guess what people nicknamed him “hellrazor”. He used to be running mates with gary hart during their bachelor years

17. jetsssuck says:

McCain once told another officer he could leave his party if he didn’t like who he invited to his party. The officer was complaining that a enlisted man was at the party with officers. That enlisted man had helped McCain build a dock at his lakefront home.

jetssuck, I know about McCain’s history in the military and as a prisoner. Not sure what prompted this convo, but I guess it was the name McCain. LOL

They said on the radio this morning, the 2 million page cheats rebuttal to the wells report, is just show for their fans, to give them something to keep believing the cheats innocence. I kind of agree.

The talk about Jordan and McCain above, if McCain becomes what we though Jordan would, we’re better off, because Jordan’s salary was much higher. The compensation, losing a #3 pick, doesn’t really matter, since we got McCain for free.

That’s what we’re hoping for, a nice exchange in acquisition and move on with the same value type player but at a lesser cost. McCain replacing Jordan and becoming a good player would be a feather in Hickey’s cap.

He’s already cleansed Ireland’s 2013 offseason FA spending spree. Ireland’s draft wasn’t bad as everyone but Jordan will still be competing this year and we did hit on Jenkins and Sims, and Sturgis to a degree being he is our kicker. But we’re still hoping we hit on 2-3 more from that class this year, specifically Taylor, Davis and Thomas.

Steve, I look at this team from 2012 until now, the only players left from beyond that is Denney 2005, Fields 2007, Wake 2009, Misi and Jones 2010 and Pouncey and Moore 2011. That’s it! 7 players prior to 2012. We’ve gone 8-8 the last 2 seasons with a major turnover on the roster as opposed to 4 straight losing seasons the 4 years prior. It’s time for good things to happen. 🙂

That’s 46 new players in 3 years. This year will add to that though I think those 7 are still safe this season. But we’ll turn that 46 over once again, maybe by 12-15 new players. Think of FA and the draft this year.

Thanks guys for all the comments the other day! An extra thanks to Mike E, Piggy, OD, and anyone else who puts in the weekly work. Great job guys!

Jahn, your Ideal Gas Laws post was very good.

Mike E,
    Tired of all the stupid as well. ESPN radio is off for me. The attempts by talking heads really reminds me of the regular news channels and the never-ending push of agendas.

23. jetsssuck says:

fight like MikeE. I saw this at the women’s fast pitch regional tournament.

The Pats are trying to keep their legacy as legit. They know they cheat but can’t accept getting caught. I love it! They sound dumber and dumber everyday. LOL

Jetssuck, so you know Sen. John McCain?

• jetsssuck says:

I talked with him several times when I was in his squadron but I don’t know him well enough to get preferential treatment.

jetsssuck says:
    May 16, 2015 at 6:05 pm

fight like MikeE. I saw this at the women’s fast pitch regional tournament.

not sure if you are referring to the ncaa womens softball tourney but i have been watching that today and through out the year. they are some great athletes playing and i honestly find it a faster and more intense pace then mlb or ncaa baseball. unlike womens soccer which i also enjoy, but womens soccer is a much slower paced game then mens soccer.

These two better get used to being next to each other and counting on one another!

• Brian in NY says:

The thought of Turner being our starting RG next year makes me queasy.

Would a rookie with no experience make you feel better? Turner is a big dude, 6-5 315, a former LT who is athletic and powerful. We drafted him in the 3rd rd last year to be a guard at some point. Why not now?

getterdone says:
    May 16, 2015 at 6:28 pm

i couldnt agree more. why i think it is really rude those two guys got in between them

Billy’s tits look bigger than the redhead he’s holding onto.

Jetssuck, ok kool I was wondering if you knew him much.
    I totally respect his service to our country as a military man, and feel for him with what he had to endure as a POW, but he has gone insane in his old years as a Senator. He’s all about making money for his MIC friends and perpetual war. Also cozying up to Al Nursa, Al Queda, & ISIS..
    You’d think the guy wouldn’t want that horror for others after the experiences he went thru….SMH!

• jetsssuck says:

I wouldn’t say he has gone insane. He has always told it like it is and he is not afraid to tell like it is no matter if one is republican or democrat. He’s a hellrazor.

jetsssuck says:
    May 16, 2015 at 6:58 pm

I find the woman’s game fast paced.I routing for the gators

me too. and the nole and owls and knights and panthers…..basically any florida team. i think they have 6 teams in the tourney

wyoming

that is really odd. something i never thought i would ever see. dolphin denny sitting with a jet player. who would of thunk it

steveccnv says:
    May 16, 2015 at 5:07 pm (Edit)

****
    It’s the equivalent of Dan Snyder’s statement when Lebron left
    It’s just for show
    And to redirect any anger the fan base might have on the franchise at a goat – in this case Goodell, Wells and the NFL

Brian

I’m excited about Turner
    It’s the LG position that I’m more concerned about
    But we have competition there too

• Brian in NY says:

That was a total brain freeze- I meant Thomas!

Now it makes more sense

Thomas hasn’t played well
        But let’s see how he does focusing in OG
        Plus we got our 4th round draftee to compete with him

I think we probably being in a vet too

We just missed in La’el
        That would have been huge for us
        😦

We have no idea about the LG position because Thomas barely played there last year and Douglas is a rookie – a perfect ZBS fit to boot. Turner was drafted last year to be a guard this year at the latest. Not sure why 2013 and 2014 3rd round picks for guard are all of a sudden written off? We add a 4th this year and he gets looked at as an afterthought. Why?

To me the key is developing chemistry and not getting overly banged up where the lineup changes every week like last year. We went through every O-lineman we had last year week to week. It would be nice to roll for awhile with the same 5, 6 or 7, not 8, 9 and 10.

May 16, 2015 at 7:25 pm
    It actually would Tim, because I haven’t seen him get his ass kicked on the field yet!
    I honestly would have acquired a 7th this year and spent it on Collins. Hell, I probably would have spent one of our fifths on him. Yeah it was a risk, but if he became a suspect then we cut him, simple as that.

36. Rhino says:

R.I.P. Garo. I was shocked to read the headline (70 is not very old in our society). I guess we’ll have to suffer through endless replays of the blocked kick vs Wash on espn etc.

LMAO rob
    Denny is a whore too!
    anything for money! 😉

How do we know La’el Collins will be anything special other than projection? Many top OL drafted over the last few years have struggled and have not played their projected position like LT and excelled. So getting 3rd round picks in 2013 and 2014 at guard may pan out in 2015.

Piggy,
    I don’t want to trade Miller either, but it is food for thought.

If we would have drafted him in the 7th, Collins would have been far from over drafted.

Trade-em all for an upgrade!
    But
    Is it really an upgrade?

Ok gotta run, The wife has been in Italy with her mother for the past 9 days, and she’ll be none to pleased if I am bogging when she walks throough the door instead of holding a glass of wine!

Walt Aikens ‏@Walt_Aikens · 16m16 minutes ago
    Think about what you can be….. Not what you already are. #blessed

The comments are hilarious
    Ben is absolutely right
    Courts don’t like to interfere with collective bargaining agreements

But people think bc the courts stepped in for AP, they will do it for Brady
    But the Peterson suspension was much more severe
    And involved the nfl suspending Peterson after a plea deal

But this is a much shorter, more reasonable suspension
    And it is strictly nfl rules

Who is that in the middle?

Mets breaking out of their offensive slump in a big way up 11-0 over the Brewers in the 4th but an incomplete game still a possibility with rain. If that happens I’ll lose it. LOL

Brian, I know you left but I never said Collins was over-drafted. Just not proven.

I’d have no problem trading Miller, makes sense to me, since we have 3 other RBs on the roster with the same skill set. Miller sucks at getting yards when the D knows we’re going to run, he sucks on the goal line, he sucks in short yardage, and he doesn’t have much power, but he did get stronger in the offseason. Other than that he’s great.

If Collins got drafted and he didn’t like his situation he could have held out, not signed and entered the 2016 draft. Not being drafted he could not have been in the 2016 draft, he’d be a UDFA and that’s it. The Cowboys ended all of that though.

Steve, I think you underrate Miller. He had a really good season last year. Our OL sucked at imposing their will in short yardage. Blaming Miller is off the mark. Miller averaged 5.1 last year which is elite. He also caught 38 passes which was another step forward. The OL gets better so does Miller and Co.

The problem with our O last yr was we sucked in the redzone, Miller is a huge part of that. He also can’t break a tackle to save his life. We were about the best last yr getting into the redzone and he played a big part into that, so he is valuable in that regard.

I’m not down on Miller, I don’t want to get rid of him, but if you’re going to dangle Ronald Leary over my head that changes everything. Would we be a better O with Leary than Miller, yeah I think so, that’s all I’m really trying to say.

Miller is proven and very solid. The same OL we always talk about being inferior and needs to be changed is the same one he had to run behind all of last year. I think he did a very good job considering all that..

Miller’s ypc are impressive, but just stats. I think he’ll be better this yr, because he’s added muscle, but with the depth we have I’d trade him for a very good guard. The only concern I’d have making that deal is in 2016 how much is that guard going to cost.

We haven’t run the ball more, because Miller’s body can’t take any more pounding.

Was curious about the age of NFL players, so I looked at several rosters, NE, Balt, SF, Buff, and Dallas. What I found was every team seems to have only 5 or 6 guys that are 30 or over. I’m sure the salary cap has something to do with this, and the min. cost of long time vets.

Yrs.

2015 2016 2017 2018
    0 $435,000 $450,000 $465,000 $480,000
    1 $510,000 $525,000 $540,000 $555,000
    2 $585,000 $600,000 $615,000 $630,000
    3 $660,000 $675,000 $690,000 $705,000
    4-6 $745,000 $760,000 $775,000 $790,000
    7-9 $870,000 $885,000 $900,000 $915,000
    10+ $970,000 $985,000 $1,000,000 $1,015,000

Steve, Miller/Williams/Ajayi, sorry Gillislee, you have to ball in TC and the PS.

One thing I forgot to mention was, after trading Miller, we could pick up Moreno, then we’d be better at RB and OL.

La’el Collins isn’t proven, but either is Devante Parker. I’d definitely rather take my chances with La’el Collins over Dallas Thomas, OR Billy Turner for that matter, but since Collins can probably only play one position at a time, I’d defer to Collins and Turner. Collins was going to be a top 15 pick for a reason, he’s a very good, versatile OL.

57. Try Pod says:

Are we still talking ’bout the la’EL TRAIN?

yeah, Mike has this issue with the Oline that he can’t seem to get over. Sure he’d be a perfect fit for us, but he isn’t on our team and won’t be for a long time if ever. I keep hearing bring in a 2nd or 3rd tier vets, but all that does is maybe give some short term relief, but stunts the growth or our young guys.

Why don’t we draft Oline…then when we do, why don’t we bring in a vet, because they aren’t ready, and they aren’t ready, because they don’t get a chance. You have to believe in the talent on your team. Every team has only a few 30+ guys for a reason, too expensive, too injury prone.

58. Try Pod says:

Went to see Fury Road last night. I’m not sure what it was about, but I will tell you it is the closest thing to non-stop action I have ever seen.

Makes me want a Landry jersey

Landry jersey would be a good pick. Great guy and he still with us for at least another three years, longer if he gets re-signed.

I watched Landry highlights last night, this one was included. He’s going to be a beast for us this yr, especially with enough weapons around that he won’t be double team much.

It all goes back to the playoffs for me, the teams that got the yac were the teams that controlled the game. They had mo on their side when getting yac. We’ve got lots of yaccers this yr 😉

The buzz around the Fins organization, from current and old members, seems to be Parker is going to be great. Not since Marino himself was drafted have we seen anything like this. His catch radius is so far off the charts that he’s going to make RT a much improved QB.

This guy? Special?

The cheats cheated before belicheat, anyone remember the snowplow game 😉

Fins Weekend Fishing Tournament

Notice in that video the guy saves the trophy. LOL

66. Rhino says:

morning everyone…

I would like to reiterate: I love the format of this new blog!!! pics and video embedded is just awesome! It really enhances the conversations and expressiveness.

btw… With Parker and Stills, Landry is gonna be OPEN a lot !!!

67. Rhino says:

Article from Phinmaniacs:
    “Last season, the tension in the air in the locker room seemed to be thick enough that you could cut it with a knife. There was drama between the receivers and the quarterback and the defense fell apart in the final minutes more than once which led to a lot of frustration for the whole team.”

Quote from Mike Pouncey:
    “Just excited about the new year coming up, we’ve got a totally new football team, the vibe in the building feels great,” said Pouncey, “I can tell you one thing, this team’s gonna be ready for this upcoming season.”

68. jahndoh says:

You know Tim, I watched that video again and I noticed in addition to the 1 footed catches that stood out to both of us when we originally watched it, there’s actually a couple examples of really nifty footwork where he got 2 feet down.

Guess I’m just hopeful that he makes the transition easily…

I don’t think it’s an issue
      I never did
      College rules only require 1 foot so…

If any concerned me about Parker it was his lack of physicality and to some extent his route running
      But that is him under a magnifying glass

Everyone has weaknesses

Yeah I said I probably made to much of it. Parker is a natural looking WR and he gives us a dimension we didn’t have with his catch radius and he also has the speed to break some big plays. I really like our offense this year. We need the OL to get solidified and build chemistry as the season goes on. If that happens I think we score a lot of points.

Make fun of me. I’m OK with that. I’m going to worry about that O-line until they give me a reason not to. I don’t see any reason to be confident about it, because there is NO reason to be confident. Not one. Hopeful, yes, but confident, absolutely not.

I can be confident that young players will improve including James, and Benton will get the most out of them and find a solid starting 5 with some quality depth.

Pouncey back at center where he’s a perfect fit for the ZBS. Turner was drafted in the 3rd to be a guard and now he’s in his 2nd season. Thomas starting off at LG is kind of new because he played more tackle than guard last year, he can get better as a former 3rd rd pick in his 3rd year. Douglas as a rookie 4th could surprise. Fox isn’t horrible as depth at tackle.

We also added some vets in Walton, Linkenbach and McClendon to the mix who weren’t here last year, and Brenner is a carry over as a backup C/G.

So for me, the OL will be different at the least but I hear ya that until we see it we don’t know what they’ll be. But I can also hope we’ll improve rather than just look at it from the worst perspective based on last year. The biggest problem we had last year was in big spots on 3rd down where we gave up too many sacks. But we wouldn’t have improved our offensive numbers if the OL couldn’t do anything well.

All that said, no doubt the OL has to get better and we need Albert back.

OK, semantics. I think you’re more hopeful than confident, but it’s not really important.

Nice bigeye tuna there. At least that’s what I think it is.

71. Rhino says:

Jahn, just checked the rhinotrainer email acct (check that one once a week lol). !!! I’ll probably cheer for Clips today to get “revenge”… but a Rockets win gives me a chance to attend a game (only 3 hour drive to Houston). Meanwhile, A’s lose by ONE run in 9 of last 12 losses (it’s hard to watch them after the 7th inning).

WOW just WOW….all this talk of trading Miller & La’el Collins still.

How bout we get behind the guys we have here developing as we speak.
    Turner, Thomas are said to be making big strides. We also brought in some young developing OL in FA. We also drafted a talented Jamil Douglas.
    Albert is again said to be on track for a week 1 start by our FO.

Miller ran for over 1K yards (how long has it been since we saw that from any Dolphins RB). Miller averaged what 4.7 YPC & 5.1 last year? This behind a make shift OL? He’s also improved his pass blocking & pass catching out of the backfield.

Jay Ajayi’s knee is a bit of a mystery, nor has he shown anything in the NFL yet. Lamar Miller came in with the same highly regarded potential and is just now paying dividends!

Why would you trade a RB with low miles who just turned 24 in April? Trade a RB that had his best season last year, almost 1400 total yards, 9 total TD’s that included 38 rec?
    Miller is hitting his peak as we speak!!! Yeah lets just trade him for a friggin OG….SMH!
    No, lets lets extend him sometime later this season. He’s making $660K in 2015.

You only trade old vets wearing down!
    Support our young developing players. Go Turner! Go Dallas Thomas! Go Lamar Miller!
    Go Phins!

Totally agreed. The development of young players is the key to building a good team. We’re not trading Miller for a guard. LOL

I didn’t say we were, I said I’d be up to it. Miller’s number are just stats, they helped get us get between the 20s, now if he’d carried 20 times a game and got 5.1 per carry you’ve really got something.

Most people’s biggest concern is the OL, so why not solidify that if we can, since we really don’t run that much anyways?

73. jetsssuck says:

what a lousy day, raining all day, bones hurting and down to 3 pain pills, stuck with grandkids indoors but I can always count on this blog to take my mind away

Hope you feel better soon brother!

• jetsssuck says:

thanks. When I was young I use to experiment with drugs and get high now I need these drugs to get rid of pain and hopefully have a pain free feeling. I used to get sore for a day after doing a heavy workout now the workout is normal activities that give me pain.Boy how the times have changed.

Mike E, yes hopeful is the right word but I believe in development and continuity which is just starting on the OL after last year basically rebuilding the entire group in one offseason, and some of it was temporary until we could get to this point. Meaning Satele is no longer our center, Colledge was an aging vet signing for a year, Smith didn’t pan out and now Thomas is projected as a guard from day one and not being used all over the place. Turner was drafted to be a starting guard at some point and that time is now. That dude has talent and could become very good.

We’ll see how it pans out but we’re in better shape now then we were last year simply due to a year in the system for some of the guys as opposed to everything new and mostly all new personnel.

I agree with you though that if the OL doesn’t get significantly better we’ll see some of the same struggles we had last year again.

75. Rhino says:

NFL Network show “Ranking Top 10 NFL Records that Will Never Be Broken”

8. Perfect Season
    1. 347

Pats came within a play or two of doing it; so the Perfect might fall (and that would be with more games). But agreed on the 347.

Jetssuck…hang in there bro. I feel for ya. Pain sucks about as bad as the Jets. 😉

Sad to see America has been shifting away from what is GOOD over the years.
    Any wonder why there is so much BAD now in sports as well as the rest of society? SMH

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    When I began covering NFL in ’90 there was an invocation before every game, definitely every Dolphins game. Rare now. NASCAR still prays.

That must be a Southern thing. Not that I’d have anything against it, but I’ve never seen an invocation at a sporting event I’ve been too in my life. And I’m talking little league, high school, college and the pros.

78. Rhino says:

what about Ben Tate (age 27) on a 1 year deal?

NO…I don’t like what he did in Cleveland after he was given the chance to be the lead back coming from some success in Houston as Foster’s back up.
      We got an emerging talent in Damien Williams who I think can be more than Tate would ever be….IMO.

Oops, I meant to say he blew his chance to be the lead RB in Minn after AP was indefinitely suspended.

Chris Perkins ✔ @chrisperk
    #Dolphins’ Jelani Jenkins enjoys first fishing experience; Sturgis, McCain get seasick
    _______________________________________
    Whimps! lol

getterdone says:
    May 17, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Chris Perkins ✔ @chrisperk
    _______________________________________
    Whimps! lol

maybe they should have said a prayer first.

Mike wants a turnkey championship team, for the rest of us we’re happy with a few cosmetic fixes 😛

82. Try Pod says:

Mike E,
    I am not making fun of you. I understand concern, but in this instance I also understand the counter, that being that the rooks will have one more year of experience and we don’t know there won’t be some veteran movement once cuts are starting to be made. Tanne has made progress each of his years- I don’t see why the o line can’t do the same.

Once we/coaches/GM get a better look at the OL in OTA’s etc. Then they’ll know to stand pat or to scour other camps for looming vet cuts.
      Dallas might be one to keep an eye on, since they supposedly already have the ‘greatest OL in the NFL’. Someone will be let go there.

83. jahndoh says:

America is still GOOD. Invocations aren’t a litmus test to those of use who are good but don’t practices a specific religion.

If it’s possible to do without it devolving GDP, I’d be willing to elaborate on this. But I don’t want to offend. Let me know.

84. jahndoh says:

Rhino,

It’s ironic or coincidental, or something that if it’s Houston/Golden State, you’ll get to see games, and if it’s LA/Golden State, I’ll get to see games. Well…game maybe…maybe 1. Prices are freakin’ INSANE!!!!! $350 for a single ticket in Oakland upper deck baseline….

As far as the A’s. The Warriors are scratching the itch right now. If the A’s aren’t playing well I’m going to do my best to ignore them and hope the traditional 2nd half rally takes place. Gotta enjoy the good when you can. That’s our Warriors right now!

I’m not a traditional Warriors fan, but I really like this team. I’ve been following Stephen Curry since college. I also like the Clippers, hard to believe I’m a Laker fan, and would like to see them beat GSW if they get that far. I just hope one of the Ca. teams wins the title.

Here’s how the NFL works, you get rid of your pricey aging vets, when they are underperforming their contracts or you need the cap room and have young guys you feel confident can step up. No team is solid top to bottom, every team has some weak starters, it’s just the nature of the salary cap era.

Yes Mike I’m talking to you. We all have concerns about the OL, all we can do is hope the young guys have a coming out party.

Jahn,
    No, I know it’s not a litmus test. I said that more in the fact that america’s culture has been shifting greatly from the Good & moral God fearing tight knit family units, now towards the Bad, broken families, do what I want, who gives a F’k, self serving, I’m gonna get mine no matter who I step on, dog eat dog, give me give me mentality.

Could be a reason for that…not just pure coincidence, but more a history repeating itself doom to failure without adhering to Godly principles that makes mankind better together.

And the result leads us closer to Mad Max 😉

Steve,
        LOL, yeah, in a way we seem to be headed towards Mad Max days when you look around. Ironic how the Bible prophesied it, that history of the old testament would repeat itself in the new testament.
        Seems once again, a higher power/God will have to intervene to save us from ourselves.

• Try Pod says:

Full circle!

Trypod, yeppers.

• Try Pod says:

GDP- you do realize the Bible is not the only book to prophecy a doom and gloom outlook- many writings, some older than the Bible made similar predictions. It may come to happen, but it won’t be because it was written in a particular book. And I for one believe in a God, I just don’t subscribe to the modern Christian version of the deity.

Try, good for you. All good if that’s your belief brother.

Ok, I apologize for being OT. It started with the Mando tweet…Hey, besides, it’s Sunday…lol 😉

Now back to wishing La’el was here and Miller can be traded for an aging OG like Mathis.

You guys think Turner will get better facing Suh in camp? …and Dallas Thomas facing Phillips/Mitchell? Pouncey as well in learning how to help, reading DL’s, making proper line calls and adjustments?

Go Benton & Go Phins OL!

getterdone says:
    May 17, 2015 at 1:14 pm

well damn, if god is going to save me then why not just fuck off till then.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    I’m looking forward to my @560WQAM show with @iHeartMiko today. We’re on from 2-5pm and we have some good stuff planned.
    _______________________________
    LMAO, yeah right. That would be 3 hrs of your life you can never get back. I’m sure Tannehill will be listening in from his vacation….NOT!

This is what I’ve been hoping for:

Brady will have to give up his phone during arbitration, and there may be a larger suspension 😛

That would be sooo awesome, but sadly with Goodell presiding over the arbitration, I don’t see it happening at all.
      More like Goodell announcing that ‘we’ acted in haste, blah blah blah, so in ‘fairness’ he’s lowering the suspension to 2 games. 🙄

Welp, guess I best be mowing the yard while it’s still nice out.
    Peace everybody.

getterdone says:
    May 17, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Carry on then mate…maybe he has you covered then…lol.
    I don’t know, I’m not God. 😀

duh, i know. you are getterdone. i know who god is

One of the reasons why dolfansNYC is a class org

Steve

I don’t think that’s necessarily true regarding your comment of a turnkey situation. Listen, it really might come down to the 2nd RD, or possibly even the 1st RD pick. There always choices, and I was pleased with the Devante Parker pick, but Jaelen Strong was still on the board in the 3rd round, so he would have been there for us in the 2nd RD, as were Sammy Coates and Chris Conley. It’s just a matter of priorities. We went WR, DT, instead of either WR, OL, or even OL, WR. They took a gamble and said we’ll wait until the 4th RD to get competition and depth on the O-line, and addressed the DL, which you have to admit, even with the departure of Odrick, was looking pretty solid. We’ll see if Jamil Douglas has the goods to start, or if our young vets like Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner have the goods. I thought the O-line was a much larger priority than the DL, or even WR, to be honest. I’m no less of a fan than anyone else, and I’ll root for Thomas, Turner and Douglas to succeed, but I’m worried that we may have addressed the wrong line, (DL instead of OL), especially after acquiring Suh. You could easily make the argument, although it’s different, that was this was akin to taking Dion Jordan, when almost everyone thought Lane Johnson was the pick. Truth be told, even if Dion Jordan was the next Charles Haley, our OL wouldn’t be any better. OK, I think this post is nearing “D” proportions, so I’ll end it here. 😀

Mike E; I agree with everything you said in this post. – – Right now, I believe Miami’s O-Line is their achilles heel.

You’re killin’ me Mike! We’ve been drafting for need for the past 15 yrs, that’s why only seen the playoffs a couple of times. So you really would’ve taken any OL on the board at #14 instead of Parker?

What Olineman would you have taken in the 2nd? How can you argue with trading back in the 2nd and taking Phillips, getting Bobby McCain/Ajayi with the trade down and giving up a 6th? Getting Douglas, who fits our scheme to a T, in the 4th should’ve alleviated this type of conversation.

What has Lane Johnson done?

• Try Pod says:

It is possible, under the bpa scenario, they never felt that oline person or people was/were “there”.

I don’t care if you have a $33 mil contract……who does this?
    ——————————–
    The Colt’s “Arthur Jones decided to treat himself to a new Corvette. But he made the big mistake of not taking the car for a test drive. Why does that matter? Well, as it turns out, Jones brought the car home only to discover an unfixable problem: The 6-foot-3, 337-pound defensive end can’t fit in the driver’s seat.”

“Wish I could fit. Guess it’s going back to the dealer,” Jones wrote on Instagram.

YOUNG STANGER: I’m gonna guess Arthur Jones did NOT graduate from the Florida Atlantic University.
      —————
      Speaking of FAU, their Softball team lost 1-0 to Florida in extra innings this afternoon, so congrats to the Gators who move on to the Super Regionals and a tip of the hat to the lady Owls for finishing second in their regional. Obviously FAU’s athletic department is not yet on the level of UF, FSU and Miami. But with both their baseball and softball teams making the regionals, they are headed in the right direction. NOW if our football team could just give U-M a competitive game when they play the second week of September – – – – .

‘NOW if our football team could just give U-M a competitive game when they play the second week of September – – – – ‘

i believe al golden is still coaching the canes so fau has not only a chance to be competitive but win.

98. jetsssuck says:

Marlins manager fired…..

Okay folks

It looks like the Houston game has win the poll

Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger

Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins

Steve

I’ve said it already a few times. In the 2nd RD, Ali Marpet and Jake Fisher were available. I understand that they felt Phillips was too good to pass up, I said all that in my “welcome to the Miami Dolphins” article. That doesn’t mean I agree with it though. We didn’t draft for need when we moved up for Jordan. I didn’t even want Lane Johnson, but that was the guy everyone thought we moved up for. I wanted Des Trufant in that draft, and he would have been there if we stayed put, PLUS, we would have had an additional 2nd RD pick if we didn’t move up. How many CB’s have we now drafted or picked up? Trufant has been a quality starter since he got to Atlanta.

Steve, I’ll bet you both Marpet and Fisher start for their respective teams, and play well this season. I think both of those guys fit what we needed, and both were ranked higher than Douglas. Marpet, due to the fact that he played Div III wasn’t universally ranked much higher, but some scouts really like him. I bet he’s a quality NFL OG, and he’s a very athletic ZBS fit.

Actually, I recall Fisher may not start, because the Bengals have Andre Smith under contract for 1 more year, so there’s no rush for him to start, unless maybe he shows he’s better than Smith is now, which isn’t very realistic.

It’s spilled milk now, lets see what happens in camp. No one seemed to like the Phillips pick, at the time, except the D coaches and they were ecstatic about it. I think we’ve done enough on the oline, but I’ve thought that way the last few yrs, so what do I know. We do have 3 PB type players at the main spots, which we didn’t know going into camp last yr, nor have we had that for quite some time. DT struggled at RT, but he was good enough at OG, as was Turner, throw in Douglas and it’s as much as we can hope for.

Piggy

Not sure yet (About the Fest), but I have full intentions of making it. I just have to see how much vacation time I have and if there is fundage available to make the trip.

One vacay day is all you need bud.

I’d really like to get there Thursday or at the very least Friday, so that’s 2 or 3 for me depending on whether I go Thursday or Friday. Remember, I’m in retail, and we work Saturdays.

My bad — forgot you work weekends. But hoping you make.

Thanks OD – We’ll have to wait and see man. I’m still thinking there’s a pretty good chance we pick up a vet. Why some people think a vet OL is a progress stopper, I can’t understand. Let these guys EARN their spot. If they can’t beat out the vet, then they sit until they can. That’s the way it works, and that’s how you win games.

Okay folks
    It looks like the Houston game has win the poll
    Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins.
    ——————–
    Only added the plus one (for tailgate Warren) cause once we hit ten we can reserve the group section (but no payment required upfront).

Jahn & Rhino
    We will get to see who wins now!

PIGGY: TO REPEAT, I AM IN for Houston; Mrs. OD TBA.

IF PHILBIN’s FIRED in this calendar year, I wonder if 2015 will be the first year both the Marlins and Dolphins have fired their head coaches.

OUCH! Let’s hope that doesn’t happen, because that will mean another failed season, and we certainly want no part of that!

Okay folks
    It looks like the Houston game has win the poll
    Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    OD (better half TBA)

Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins.

Stanger

There’s a much better chance of me going this year, I’m just not positive yet. Last year was impossible.

109. Rhino says:

Lob City = Choke City lmao at CP3, Griffin, Doc, et al. Up 3-1… up 19 in 4th qtr of game 6… and lose the series. For a team with a combined 54 technical fouls this year… it couldn’t happen to a bigger bunch of whiners. 🙂

110. Rhino says:

Wyoming… Clippers/Rockets all the same to us. Memphis was our toughest matchup (style-wise). Rockets/Dubs have similar offenses except Warriors go through 4 guys instead of 2… Defense is a huge advantage for Warriors.

olddolphan says:
    May 17, 2015 at 4:27 pm

of course not, he can afford a vet.

I’d like to make a suggestion for this Fest. How about we try and get tickets for seats where you can actually see the game? Anybody else up for that? I mean if I’m going to 1 Dolphins game a year, I feel like I want to be able to see what’s going on.

We’ve always gone for the cheap seats for the group. Anyone can go to the pricey ones, but we wouldn’t be all together. For instance last year the Doggie went club level, but no group on those and one of those would cost about the same as airfare here from NY.

May 17, 2015 at 6:34 pm (Edit)
    Okay folks
    It looks like the Houston game has win the poll
    Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    OD (better half TBA)

Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins.

I’m in for 2. Maybe more.

Mike, what vet OL is available? We already picked up a couple of them, I don’t think there’s anything out there that is better than what we have, and if there are why didn’t we get those guys instead of the ones we got?

May 17, 2015 at 7:27 pm
    I was thinking the same thing Mike.

It’s easy just get seats up high. Everytime you guys do a fest all I hear is how great it is to sit low, well this aint basketball or baseball, so sit high and you can see everything. When I had season seats in the OB they were on the 6 yrd line 2nd to last row in the upper deck, and you could see everything, you could even see how close the ball was spotted to a first down, which you can’t do low.

• jetsssuck says:

maybe you should get your eyes examined….

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    OD (better half TBA)

Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins.

I’m in for 2. Maybe more.

nope, son is out. he didnt add is name to the list

Stanger

I guess we can maybe get 2 groups, the ones that want to sit a little closer, and the ones that don’t. I’m sure there will be enough of both. While it’s certainly fun up there, I’m sure it will just as much fun a little lower and maybe more towards midfield. If the prices are outrageous, I might just sit up high too, but I can say I’ve never, ever, sat in good seats for a football game, and I’d like to.

Steve

Like Brian said, there will be cuts, you know that. We got Daryn Colledge that way, and I’m hoping someone like that is cut this year. I’d love Evan Mathis to become available, he’s a solid veteran player who still can play well.

Colledge was picked up and played well, but the risk was his age, and older players don’t recover like young ones, and he was put in the starting lineup, because we didn’t have anything better. The chances of getting something better than what we already have are slim.

Do you really think 2014 Daryn Colledge would be a starter on this team? He’s not a scheme fit.

I could reply by saying do you really think 2014 Dallas Thomas would be a starter on this team? He’s not good. Jamil Douglas probably isn’t the answer either. That’s the problem. A guy like Evan Mathis would start over either of those guys.

Philly has been trying to get rid of Mathis for a couple of yrs now, if we wanted him he’d be in Miami, but he’s not the answer. He’s an aging vet that is nearing the end. He may give us a few games and then peter out at the end of the yr, you know the time of yr we keep fading, that pisses you off.

So we get Mathis, he plays pretty good for 7 to 8 games, then starts to decline, so now instead of having Douglas/Thomas with a half a season under their belts at guard they’re trying to catch up, down the stretch when we need them to be in top form, when our season gets tough.

Not sure what happened to Mathis last year, but previous to that, he started 47 of 48 games. Last year he played in 9 games. Not sure why you’re saying he will be done by Game 7 or 8. Maybe Thomas starts and is awful from the get-go, and then we need to press Douglas into service who will have to play down the stretch. We obviously didn’t want to meet Philly’s demands in a trade, but if he’s cut, that’s a different story.

Son of a bitch!

Is Chip Kelly the new Belichick?

The Eagles proposed the new 2 pt conversion be from the 1 yard line, and in anticipation of that happening they signed Tebow.