Wedge Scouting Report: Vernon Hargreaves III

Wedge IDVHargreaves1

Thought I was gone didn’t you?  You thought, now that the NFL draft is over, you will never have to hear from the alien again.  Certainly its too early for Wedge to start talking about the 2016 draft isn’t it?  He’s left the planet right?

UFOLeavingEarth

Well let me tell you something Earthlings…I’m the only thing keeping the Alpha Alien from destroying your measly planet.  And the only thing keeping me interested in your planet is your football.  The College Football season is just a few months away.  So let’s talk about 2016 prospects!  Let’s start with the best cornerback in the country:  Vernon Hargreaves III.

VHargreaves2

Hargreaves is a 5’11, 185 cornerback out of the University of Florida.  His is just a sophomore, so there is no guaranty he comes out – but if he does he will probably be a top 10 pick.  2015 was not a string year for top tier cornerbacks.  But with Hargreaves heading the 2016 class, if he comes out, 2016 will be a very good year.

VHargreaves3

This five star recruit out of Tampa has strong bloodlines.  His Father is a special teams coach at the University of South Florida.  Before he was a coach at South Florida his Father was an assistant coach at the University of Miami when Ed Reed and Sean Taylor were Hurricanes.  So he probably helped coached up his son.

VHargraves4

In his sophomore year at Florida Hargreaves covered some of the best receivers in the country playing in the SEC.  He finished the season with three interceptions, 13 passes broken up, two tackles for a loss and 50 tackles.  He also had three interceptions in 2013 getting significant playing time as a freshman.  Here is a pic of him covering Juice!

VHargreaves6

Scouts are talking about Hargreaves’ speed and quickness.  He is expected to run somewhere in the 4.45 range in the 40.  He is excellent in press coverage and draws comparisons to a young Darelle Revis.  But the one thing that jumps out about Hargreaves is that he has a reputation among his coaches and teammates as having a strong  work ethic.  The young sophomore says he learned the importance of working hard as a kid watching Ed Reed and Sean Taylor.

If Vernon Hargreaves III was an Alien Weapon of Destruction he would be a Cosmic Garrotte, slowly suffocating wideouts.

HargreavesCosmisGurrote

Watch his highlights here

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

380 Responses to Wedge Scouting Report: Vernon Hargreaves III

Lol! I looked at the title and said to myself “WTF”? I’m hoping we aren’t picking anywhere near where we could obtain the best CB in the country in 2016!

I was mentioning this guy last draft year. He incredible and plays with passion for the game. I’m afraid we will have no chance at him but I’d love him on our team.

3. dcoralsprings says:

Agree a great player, hope this next draft he is WAY out of reach !

4. dcoralsprings says:

Things went well for our team in Ft. Myers this weekend
    We competeted in the “smoke on the water”
    BBQ and music festival
    I have felt we have a very solid product, but have always wanted to do one of these
    You know to see “can we hang with the big boys ”
    In a field of thirty plus teams we finished nineteenth overall
    Going up against that caliber of talent for our first time out,
    Not to shabby
    Very proud of our crew

Yeah he is really good press and straight man to man but watch his break on the ball, he could easily be a hawk in zibe as well as he gas tremendous closing speed. I just love the way the guy plays and even if his int numbers aren’t gaudy he made the entire pass defense better and got a bunch of other guys opportunities. We should also keep an eye on Brian Poole and Keanu Neal. Poole is really good too and Neal needs to progress some as he had some off games last year but he has talent to be really good too.

He probably would have went top 5 this year
      but he is only a sophomore

I think he comes out in 2016
      If we end up with Hargreaves we had a bad year or Hargreaves had a really bad year….lol

Wedge is just going to mention 5-6 prospects for next year
    Just to see if he nails some of the early picks next year

If you have any suggestions, let me know
    So far I have decided on most of the defensive players: Hargreaves, Jalen Ramsey, Shawn Oakman and Myles Jack
    None of the receivers or rbs really jump out to me….yet

The 2016 draft? LOL

Do you know how many light years it takes Wedge to prepare?
      He has to stay ahead of the game

The Marlins fired their manager and hired their GM to be their manager and GM….

Have you guys ever heard of this before?
    WTF

Lmao

NIce job PIggy. I clicked on the page and I am like WTF then I realized Wedge is getting a head start on next year.

Not a heck of a lot standing out to me for next year’s class just yet. In terms of QBs the only one that really stands out to me is Connor Cook on Michigan State. No RBs really standout, ditto on WRs.

What about hackenberg – the PSU guy

He needs to have a big year. He kind of took a step back last year. He has the physical talent but he is very inconsistent. I am not a huge fan at this point but he can change my mind with a big season this year.

Man I miss George!

I see our bloggers are going to have a avatar stand off between the rockets and warriors

if any of you fucks try that with a Cavs avatar its the oinks for you

15. Rhino says:

Piggy is officially in Draft Withdrawals:

It’s that and football doldrums. No games, no draft, no training camp. This is truly the dead time for football. If it wasn’t for deflate gate we would have nothing to talk about.

OTAs start next week.

Tim those were just go through the motions OTAs. Not much to see there. The biggest news was if anyone didn’t show up to practice due to contract issues as opposed to any buzz about actual football news.

16. Rhino says:

Wyoming:
    We need to make a wager of some sort. I don’t gamble, but a friendly wager of some sort seems to be in order. Perhaps an “avitar” wager? Winner gets to choose the avi the other must use until NBA finals have concluded… (?)

Prediction: Warriors in a ‘gentlemen’s sweep’ 4-1. And, honestly, I can’t imagine a scenario where Rockets win one (unless Harden manages 50+ in one of the games).

I’ll Take the ” Challenge”
      I took of my glove!
      But rethought the Idea of slapping a Rhino in the head! 😉

I’ll take the Rockets in 7

for some reason sweeping is never in there vocabulary!

Ken, next week’s OTAs are when the vets join the rooks. You don’t think that will be a topic of discussion here? LOL

For a few days of OTAs then back to doldrums.

OTAs:
        – May 26-27
        – May 29
        – June 1-2
        – June 4
        – June 8-11
        Mandatory mini-camp June 16-18.

Plenty to talk about for a few weeks before the doldrums between the last mini-camp and TC.

Rhino
    Did the Pig really just mention an NBA LEast team?
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!! 😉

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins · 30m30 minutes ago
    We catch up with @jelanijenkins3.

WATCH: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/30fq7

SHM at Bleacher Report…The title of the article is “Why Dion Sims is Miami’s Most underrated X-factor”

The article itself does not even mention Dion Sims……………. WTF? LOL

Still a nice article.

Almost get the feel that Jennings keeps making the point, shoulda picked me 2 years ago lol.

22. jahndoh says:

I see there’s a tie in NBA avatars right now. Let me break that tie MVP style!!!!

23. jahndoh says:

Wyo, that’s a pretty picture, which is more than I can say for what the Rockets are going to look like when their season ends. 🙂

Great job Wedge! I agree with your assessment that if we’re able to get him, either we sucked or he sucked.

Wedge — you are the best alien dude around, always looking ahead. No wonder that you are the only one capable from stopping Alpha Alien from blowing the planet up.

Okay folks
    It looks like the Houston game has won the poll
    Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    OD (better half TBA)
    Son (in for 2, Maybe more)

Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins.

Miami Heat Forever!!!

Okay folks
    It looks like the Houston game has won the poll
    Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    OD (better half TBA)
    Son (in for 2, Maybe more)
    Rockphin (Solo……for now)

Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins.

For the Bills to cut Manuel, they’d have to conclude not only that he’s not good enough to beat out Matt Cassel to be the starter, but also that he’s not good enough to beat out Tyrod Taylor and Jeff Tuel to be the backups. And they’d have to conclude that Manuel is so bad that they’d rather pay him not to be on the roster at all than pay him to stand on the sideline holding a clipboard. If there’s really a chance of that, Manuel must look even worse behind closed doors than he looks on the field.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

I knew he would suck when I saw him at FSU

These are easier moves to make when the team is making a coaching change

30. Nice work Piggy. I have not seen enough love for Garo though from everyone. I got to meet him when I was a kid after he retired he was opening a gyro restaurant in Hollywood on U.S. 1 and my parents took us. Super nice guy I remember he autographed a cartoon poster of himself trying to throw the ball with a chain linked to the ball. Wish I still had it. R.I.P. Garo.

Gigi

He was only a tiny piglet when Garo played

Gigi – Not true. I saw a lot of RIP Garo’s, including one from myself.

Piggy

Remember when your mom made you wear these to nursery school?

Rock/Stanger/Piggy:
    i am leaning towards attending, need to firm up whether two or four.. on that note, have you seen this ??

New for this season, we will begin demand based pricing for single game tickets. The price of tickets may be adjusted as the demand for the game increases. The earlier you buy, the more you will save.

I haven;t seen it
      but I’m guessing that is why Stanger is eager to get a head count

• manitobafinfan says:

Saw it in my inbox last week , notification that single game tix are now on sale..
        hoping to make that game then fly to Bawston for the Thursday night Pats game.. What do one way flights from Miami to North East run ??

Toba — we just have to get ten set or enough set and enough maybes to be comfortable with ten. Not going to pressure out of towners too much, but the earlier you know would be helpful.

And the one way flight shouldn’t be too much so long as you go with one of the discounts that price that way (like spirit, Jet Blue, etc)…….but rule of thumb from Florida to the North East that time of year is the earlier you book the cheaper. People plan their trips well in advance.

May 18, 2015 at 10:50 am

I’m rooting for the western teams

not me, i am rooting for hulk hogan to smash the iron shei…….oh wait, you meant basketball. oh well same thing in my book

The “Camel Clutch” baby! lol

Gigi (@Mrs2620) says:
    May 18, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Rhino is the only one who mentioned him

or more accurately put. rhino’s is the only one you saw.

May 18, 2015 at 11:51 am

I knew he would suck when I saw him at FSU

yes he did. i dont give the qb credit for a win or blame for a loss. i believe football is the ultimate team game. but i did in complete amazement watch him lose the gator game and one other i forget which it was. never seen a team play so great and one play just single handed lost the game. why i was so happy when the bills drafted him

Mike E: i am going through withdrawals.. my frikking softball manager failed to advise me that he is not entrring a team this year , until two days before season was to start.. then this morning i wake up to snow on the ground again, so it is a little less of a “Fuck You,Mr Manager”

40. phindog says:

What Up Toba ?

• manitobafinfan says:

Dawggie… How it hanging sir.. All good here minus the snow.. unreal !!! send me a text as i have a new phone…’

Gigi, you have to back to Son’s article for the Garo RIPs.

ffr — you getting your butt to the Texans game this year? Been too long.

• manitobafinfan says:

Stanger: Thanx fer info above.. at this point i would say we are in for two.. my Pats fan buddy has been harassing us that “we never go to see his team ” , but with deflate gate, he is thinking of finding a new team to cheer for.. need to touch base with him and his wife as to whether they wanna meet in Bawston, skip altogether or double up on Miami Bawston..

Sounds cool. If it helps any, I love Boston almost as much as I hate the Pats. It was the nearest cool city to my small college in the middle of nowhere.

I did not see the announcement about Demand pricing, but I did notice that there was a HUGE swing in single game ticket prices on the chart that was posted (150% swing from one game to the next) when they announced that singe game tickets were on sale.

Look at the difference in pricing from game to game!!

manitobafinfan says:
    May 18, 2015 at 12:24 pm

i prefer Camel Toe.. 🙂

had her do this just for you. nothing like some CCT

• manitobafinfan says:

WHEW !! i was scared to scroll down, you pleasantly surprised me sir.. Than you, and home grown to boot or toe

May 18, 2015 at 12:32 pm

ffr — you getting your butt to the Texans game this year? Been too long.

what the hell is it with you and my butt.
    (and you do know it is may dont you, who the fuck plans something that far in advance)

Who plans that far ahead? — people trying to get a group section together so we can all sit together and get us all a discount.

Sorry Gigi, but no RIP for Garo from me. I don’t remember him playing. Hell, I was 7 when he was a dolphin the last time. (I think) And I didn’t even follow the Dolphins then. (dad was a NY Giants fan) I didn’t even start following the Dolphins until 4 years after that when I went to my first game at the orange bowl. (a Giants game) that the dolphins won. I have no fond memories of players from 40 freaking years ago. (sorry OD I don’t even read your perfection series because I don’t care that we won SOOOO long ago.)

• I do not remember him playing because I was a little kid but my parents told me all about the Fins and their history, that is how I grew to love this team. I respect and admire all of the players from the Perfect Season — it meant a lot to my parents (R.I.P. to them). To each his own.

LOL @ Rock speaking his mind.

Manitoba

That sucks!!! Sorry man, that’s wrong! We’re hovering at .500, split a doubleheader yesterday. Finally felt real good pitching. Was really spotting my fastball well, and I decided to change speeds a lot more, I feel like I’ve been throwing the fastball too much, and all good hitters will get the timing down. Yesterday was easily my best this year, but I’ve only pitched 3 games so far.

Could also try using a smaller ball and rotating your arm the other direction….woman! 🙂

• manitobafinfan says:

yeah, even with slo throw, i enjoy switching up the delivery to mess with hitters.. i have a nasty left to right spin i like to jam righties with, lots of foul outs.. then i drop them in from like 12 ft straight down..

Wasn’t CCT a good group back in the 60’s?

49. Cool thing is you can run a search on here (or any web page) put someone’s name, you can see how many times it/they are referenced. I stand by my prior statement. Many of you (including me) may not have seen Garo play but I respected him and feel bad he passed. Have a great day.

the search feature only gives you blog posts
      I don;t think it gives you comments

Oops
        This is wrong
        You can run a comments search in the admins functions

I just did for “Garo” and “Yepremian”
        there are many RIPs

Anyway everyone pays their respects in their own way
        I don’t care how they do it

Dolfans NYC donated $$$ top his favorite charity which I though was awesome and evidence that they are a class organization

You can just go back to the Garo blog and search on each page and count up the times his name was mentioned. I wasnt able to post the day it happened, i was out at a client site, but im pretty sure there were a few people talking about him and mentioning their own memories of him. Either way, its not like lack of comments means people dont care, they just might not know what to say. He’s an older guy who was a great for the Phins organization, he did a lot of good outside football and tragically died of the cancer he was trying to help fund and support research for. Good guy, great player. Sad indeed, but a lot of our hero’s are quickly approaching this time and event int heir lives.

D

No f’n way man. I’m too old now, I don’t have the quick twitch reflexes anymore, especially with my glove hand (since the stroke). Pitching baseball would be suicide for me.

Bleh, its true, you are old, but get some of those replacement sinews and get back out there. Think with every crack or pop, that just a step closer to being a cyborg and then you can live forever.

• manitobafinfan says:

self defense mechanism still kicks in with me.. lol

Rock: Yeah the Pats and Cowboys tix are crazy..

D

I just did some research because I could not remember what year it was and I am TOTALLY WRONG!!! The Dolphins did not play the NY Giants in Miami Until 1993. And I KNOW Woodley was the QB when I first became a fan.

• manitobafinfan says:

He was the QB in the Superbowl we lost to Redskins… i believe Strock was his back up..

memories are messed up! I distictly remember it being a Dolphins / Giants game my dad took me to at the Orange bowl, but I just checked and that is IMPOSSIBLE!!

Manitoba – Yup! The infamous Wood-Strock

• manitobafinfan says:

Fucking McNeal, Fucking Riggins !!!!

Yeah, that image of McNeal hanging on Riggo’s jersey until he could hold it no longer is forever burned into my memory, not only from the game itself, but because it’s one of the most popular photos from that game.

Rock

That happens with memories sometimes. I swore the Rutgers vs Pitt game I saw was Marino’s last college game, but it was in his Junior year of at Pitt. It happens man.

• manitobafinfan says:

according to what i just looked at we have played the Giants 7 times in the regular season … that just seems unbelievable….

That is strange. We don’t play the NFC East much at all. We played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving sometimes, but otherwise not too often at all.

56. Sorry guys — I think I am just more emotional about his passing as he reminds me of my parents and I was lucky to have met him.

this is so fucking perfect. maybe espn will finally see the country thinks the pats are a bunch of cheats. and this is fucking baseball game.

May 18, 2015 at 12:43 pm

like i said who the hell plans that far in advance.

59. Try Pod says:

Gigi,
    Read below- If you go to May 16 @ 7:12 am, you’ll see the beginning of a long thread of posts acknowledging his passing.

wyoming85 says:
    May 16, 2015 at 7:12 am
    Dolfans NYC ‏@DolfansNYC · 6m6 minutes ago
    Former Dolphins Kicker Garo Yepremian Dies At 70 http://bit.ly/1d5XMdv #Dolphins

Try Pod says:
    May 16, 2015 at 7:44 am
    I am sad to hear that. OD may want to write a piece on him- if he has time.
    Rest in peace, Garo.

Gigi (@Mrs2620) says:
    May 18, 2015 at 1:25 pm

sssooooooooooooooo, your saying your parents couldnt throw a football either

i know one of you was asking/hoping every teams fans this year rip into the pats for cheating, well if it is happening at a baseball game, i think there is a good chance you get your wish

Mike E, we rotate every year through the NFL divisions. Back in the day when the divisions had 5 teams we seemed to never play the Giants but played the Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles and Cardinals most of the time.

I was just looking at pro-football-reference.com to see when we played the NYG, and looked at the 1984 season. Amazing that FB Woody Bennett was the leading rusher for us that season with 606 yards, 7 TD’s.

I did not know this. Crazy!
    “Yepremian was an immediate target to NFL players who considered American football the exclusive realm of Americans. Players were looking to take Yepremian’s head off, and before his first kickoff his coach told him to run to the bench as soon as he kicked before his opponents could lay into him. Yepremian kicked off, then in a harried state ran to the wrong bench, finding himself sitting with the opposing team. Yepremian had never worn a helmet and at first decided not to use one with a face mask, but that changed during Week 4 of the 1966 season, when he was knocked to the ground and badly injured by Green Bay Packers linebacker Ray Nitschke. Afterwards, he started using a single-bar mask. He was the last player in the NFL to not wear a facemask on his helmet.”

Mike E, yeah we played the Giants in 1972 and then the next time was 1990.

May 18, 2015 at 1:44 pm
    I did not know this. Crazy!
    ————————————
    Yeah Tim i read that earlier as well, and its kinda crazy to me, but then again, there has always been a pretty strong anti-immigrant stance (regardless of political party) going back to times where you would think its ridiculous they could have felt that way. Its almost as if the first immigrants who stepped foot on this land immediately forgot they were immigrants as well and started persecuting others. Irish, Scottish, Greeks, etc. all have felt the brand of immigrant and what it means to be discriminated against because of that status. Seems as well that as soon as those “immigrants” settled in and became part of the american fabric, they to inherited this dislike for immigrants. Pretty soon Mexican immigrants will hate on some other group of people immigrating to America.As much as time changes thing, some things remain pretty constant.

shula was widely known for looking the other way when bringing foreigners into the nfl. most teams had a black ball list but shula didnt care

(just thought i would beat jetsuck to this kind of post)

May 18, 2015 at 2:17 pm

His parents were Hungarian immigrants so that probably had something to do with it.

shula’s? hmmmm, i thought his parents were from columbia and the ones who started the miami drug ring so popular in the 70’s

May 18, 2015 at 9:07 am (Edit)
    The Marlins fired their manager and hired their GM to be their manager and GM….

Have you guys ever heard of this before?
    WTF

*************
    Didn’t Bobby Cox do this in Atlanta?
    And if I’m not mistaken Jack McKeon may have done it more than once.

70. Try: Thank you — my bad was reading the one post where it mentioned his passing.

FFR: My parents were soccer fans before football so yeah neither one could throw a football, but my Dad had serious skills w/soccer ball. His cousin was a pro and in the U.S. Hall of Fame for soccer and his granddaughter is a pro soccer player as well.

gigi

i was joking. you know, garo’s lame attempt at a pass and all.

and i too am a big soccer fan, even enjoyed the US womens team putting a hurting on mexico last night in a pre cup friendly

gigi dont tell anyone but when i was younger, i was mad skilled with letting the air out of a soccer ball. if only i went the football route.

You sure it wasn’t the band “foreigner” Tim

(Singing) it feels like the first time…

You’re not a real mericun (like Blaine Gabbert) if you dont love football and have 5 generations who loved football. You got to walk around all yankee doodle doo, shittin 4th of july fireorks and your farts better sound like star spangled banner. Buncha commies around here i tell ya.

Try, he could of just said “first generation American Football fan”. The word person was what made me laugh.

Marlins coach/GM, Dan Jennings,is a local guy from over hee in Mobile. He is good family friends with one of the guys who works in my department. Really nice dude from everything i have heard. Maybe he can turn that team around.

77. FFR: You are ALWAYS joking (mostly) and thank you! 🙂

Remember the blond joke craze way back when? First one I’ve seen in years.
    ——————————————–
    An old blind guy wanders into a lesbian bar by mistake. He loudly asks the bartender, “Hey, you wanna hear a blond joke?”

The bar immediately falls absolutely silent. In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says, “since you are blind it is only fair that you should know five things before you tell that joke:

1. The bartender is a blond girl with a baseball bat.
    2. The bouncer is a blond woman.
    3. I’m a 6-foot tall, 175-pound blond gal with a black belt in karate.
    4. The woman sitting next to me is blone and a professional weightlifter.
    5. The lady to your right is blond and a professional wrestler.

“Now, think about it seriously, Mister. Do you still wanna tell that joke?”

The blind cowboy shakes his head and says, “Nope…why bother explaining it five times when no one will get it.”

Blonde Joke appropriate for a football blog.

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind their team’s bench. After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience. “Oh, I really liked it,” she replied, “especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn’t understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents.” Dumbfounded, her date asked, “What do you mean?” “Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it, and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was, ‘Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!’ I’m like, hello? It’s only 25 cents!”

A blonde, a redhead, and a brunette were all lost in the desert. They found a lamp and rubbed it. A genie popped out and granted them each one wish. The redhead wished to be back home. Poof! She was back home. The brunette wished to be at home with her family. Poof! She was back home with her family. The blonde said, “Awwww, I wish my friends were here.”

Son of a bitch!

Is Chip Kelly the new Belichick?

The Eagles proposed the new 2 pt conversion be from the 1 yard line, and in anticipation of that happening they signed Tebow.

Oh right, only Tebow will be the great 2 pt. converter. LMAO!!!!

So the Jets had Tebow to be the punt protector and now the Eagles have him for 2 pt. conversions. Oh brother, what an embarrassment.

Hey Chip, how about we keep the 2 pt. conversion the way it is.

A blonde goes to the doctor’s and find out she is pregnant with twins. She starts crying and the doctor asks her what’s wrong. She replies, “I know who the dad is for one of them but I don’t know who the dad is for the other one!”

A blonde, out of money, and down on her luck after buying air at a real bargain, needed money desperately. To raise cash, she decided to kidnap a child and hold him for ransom. She went to the local playground, grabbed a kid randomly, took her behind a building, and told her, “I’ve kidnapped you.” She then wrote a big note saying, “I’ve kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning, put $10,000 in a paper bag and leave it under the apple tree next to the slides, on the south side of the playground. Signed, A blonde.” The blonde then pinned the note to the kid’s shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents. The next morning, the blonde checked, and sure enough, a paper bag was sitting beneath the apple tree. The blonde looked in the bag and found the $10,000 with a note that said, “How could you do this to a fellow blonde?”

The Dolphins gave up an average of 16.9 points and 314 yards per game with Jones and Delmas starting and finishing; the numbers were 29.8 points and 372.8 yards in the other games.

These are the type of stats that kill me. If you’re going to bring it up, then show other relevant stats to give it real meaning, like how did the Albert injury play into this, or other injuries.

If I remember correctly the D (team) was pretty good when both were in the lineup, which is why I wanted Delmas back. The run started in week 4 against the Raiders, Jones was out the first 4 (as we all know).

Tanne just signed his extension.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer · 2h2 hours ago
    Meet new MDC, Sabrina! Sabrina enjoys dancing, running, and the gym.
    See the 2015 squad: http://bit.ly/1HpY3oq

That’s great news D. I really didn’t want him lighting it up this yr without the extension, because he’d then want more $$. Parker to Tannehill is like the piss boy to Mel Brooks, in that they both have a wide catch radius, which is needed 😉

Well now we know Tanny is our QB of the present and the future. GD is probably streaking around his neighborhood banging pots and pans yelling get in line bitches!!!! LOL

You want a Tanny jersey now is the time.

And there is one where I’m real interested to see the details of the contract. For starters guessing it will be worked around Suh’s big salary bump next year.

May 18, 2015 at 3:45 pm

LOL —- right now I’m glad Gigi ain’t blond, but am worried Herd might show up.

Guess who’s here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

WOW, my boy is gonna stay & he graciously signed a very team friendly deal for a franchise QB in today’s $100M+ market.
    Kudos #17!

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    #Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill signs 6-year, $96 million extension for an average of $16 million/year http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/05/18/dolphins-extend-quarterback-ryan-tannehill-through-2020-season/

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Ryan Tannehill gets $45 million in guaranteed money, per league source:

Tim, how did you know I just came back inside from doing that? I think someone called the cops. 😯

Its a 6 year 96M dollar deal for Tanny

which is 16M a year
      which is not a whole lot for a franchise QB

Team first, he hasn’t made the playoffs yet but his steady growth earned him a very nice deal. I’m sure he and Lauren will be okay with $45M guaranteed. LOL

Yeah Russell Wilson, granted with a couple Superbowl trips to his credit, is pushing for 20mil. I bet this puts a damper on that. Wilson may stand a better chance if crazy man throws down 20mil for Luck.

Tanny will average $16M per…..he’s not greedy. He’s a team -player & leader for awhile now.
    So ENJOY IT Randy! 😉

Somewhere Home just puked all over Home Cooking & then kicked his lil Home dog….lol

96. jetsssuck says:

May 18, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Yeah it is fucked up. I remember hearing the word foreigner being used when I was a kid growing up in the 70s. By a lot of people.
    —————————————————————-
    I was with some buddies Birthday party several weeks ago and we were talking about how many foreign nationals have settled in S.Florida and we decided to count how many different ones. We came up with 38 different nationalities.

There are 5 20M dollar Qbs in the NFl
    Rogers, Rothlisberger, Flacco, Ryan and Brees

Peyton Manning is just below 20M
    Tanny is now the 14th highest paid QB (annual salary)

it looks like a good deal for us

I don;t think we will have any problems managing Tanny + Suh and then some more guys in terms of salary
    Now guys like Heath Evans can shut the fuck up about the Suh contract

RT is my new hero, thanks for signing a team friendly deal! You sign a team friendly deal, your team has a chance to do better, because you’re not blowing up the cap, you remain the starter longer, have a longer career and in the end make more money. Not sure why others haven’t figured this out yet (agents pissing in their ear).

Piggy’s man crush needs a job. Maybe he could be your errand boy at the firm? Imagine him running between cars and people on the sidewalks of NYC delivering documents. 😉

Titans waived RB Lache Seastrunk.
    A 2014 sixth-round pick of the Redskins, Seastrunk has yet to appear in a regular-season game. Seastrunk is dynamic in the open field, but has zero passing-game chops. That’s a hard way to make a living for a fringe-type talent.

D
    when you consider that Flacco is among the leagues highest paid QBs, I think Wilson might be successful in pushing for 20M

their salaries go up based on postseasons success

Yeah but i thinnk a lot of people around the league look at Baltimore and Chicago as reason you dont do that. They cap fucked themselves and put themselves in a bad position for guys who didnt deserve that much. I think they are actually reasons he wont get it.

Adam Schefter:

Dolphins signed QB Ryan Tannehill to a new six-year, $96 million contract that includes $45 million guaranteed.
    Tannehill was already under contract through 2016, so with four years tacked on he’s now essentially signing a brand-new six-year deal. The $16 million annual average is lower than expected, suggesting the Dolphins did well in negotiations. A wide receiver early in his college career, Tannehill has steadily gotten better in each of his three NFL seasons. Tannehill set career highs in every statistic last year, his first under OC Bill Lazor. Lazor has returned to Miami, and Tannehill’s supporting cast has been upgraded in the form of Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, and Jordan Cameron to go with sophomore slot receiver Jarvis Landry. Last year’s No. 9 overall fantasy passer, Tannehill has continued room for growth going on age 27.

Lets look at the real numbers of this contract, it’s a 6 yr extension which means 2015 counts as one of the 6 yrs. 2015 rookie contract would pay him just over $2mil, subtracting that off the contract $94 mil for 5 yrs is an average of $18.8, still good for the team, but not $16 mil.

“Guess who’s here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol”

Herd — want to state for the record that my Mom was blond and I at least used to be. Hoping that gets me a Whatley on the blond jokes. 🙂

I am not blonde.

Didn’t know that…….you looked it in one avi you put up, but maybe it was lighting.

But regardless…….PHHEWWeeee.

NFL ‏@nfl · 20m20 minutes ago
    The first BIG contract extension for QB Class of 2012?

It’s not Luck.
    Or Wilson.
    Or RGIII… http://at.nfl.com/y8GtLjG

Patriots waived WR Devin Gardner.
    Although Gardner is a good athlete generally speaking, he isn’t a good enough athlete to make it as an NFL wide receiver. He might want to try the CFL,
    __________________________
    I remember some people here wanted him due to his size.

What?

I’m wondering how much of that deal with Tanny is hitting the books this year

we had that Dion Jordan $$$ (in cap space) to spend

Unless they can somehow not delay the prorate on the signing bonus till next year……guessing you can kiss most of what we have gone now against the cap gone. But they could rebuild by cutting folks.

congrats to tanny. He deserves $16m per year. He now needs to lead his team to the playoffs to earn it.

Now let’s go make the playoffs and build a new era in Miami Dolphins football history. With the signing of Suh and the contract extension for Tannehill along with the other moves we’ve made, if we fall short again, it’s going to be really disappointing and much worse than the previous two seasons.

Okay folks
    It looks like the Houston game has won the poll
    Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    OD (better half TBA)
    Son (in for 2, Maybe more)
    Rockphin (Solo……for now)

Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins.

Sperm Edwards talking about RTs contract says, this is a college WR that was forced to play QB. Once a jet always an ass (JT withstanding, sorry Herd).

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    The most Dan Marino earned in any year was $9.2M in 1996, which included a $5.8M signing bonus. Tannehill will earn $16M ANNUALLY.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Before the multi-year extension the #Dolphins were already on the hook to pay Ryan Tannehill $18.27 million in 2015-16.

Jesse Dieterman ‏@JesseDieterman · 15m15 minutes ago
    @AllbrightNFL As a Lions fan, I’d love RT

Steve, on Sperm Edwards….
    Tanny wasn’t forced…he came from HS playing QB. A&M already had a QB, so he, the team player asked Sherman if he could play WR until he could earn a QB spot.
    …AND the rest is history in the making FOLKS!

I really hate calling this a $16 mil per yr extension, when it’s $18.8 when you take off this yr, which is part of his rookie deal. I’m sure the Dolphins pointed that out to RTs agent.

Well this year is the option year in a rookie deal. You either not pick it up, pick it up, or sign your guy to an extension.

It doesn’t really matter what the average is, it depends on how they structured it year to year and the guaranteed money is really the number in the big scheme of things.

You can sense a new culture in Miami. I’ve bashed Bazooka Joe before, but he seems to be really turning the team to a bunch of classy, smart, DEDICATED, team oriented football players.

He’s seemingly working well with Hickey & the FO as well as vise versa….that’s crucial teamwork right there too!

Phins will no longer be the laughing stock!

Go Phins!

Russell Wilson wants the richest contract in NFL history

• Try Pod says:

Beer. Just not Flat Tire.

In that article this stands out to me as an Ah Hah!

Michael Vick, then with the Atlanta Falcons, signed a contract with a total value of $138 million in 2004. However, Vick ultimately only received about $30 million of that contract when he was sent to prison and the deal was voided.

I wonder if the Falcons and the NFL were in cahoots on getting Vick sent to prison to rid the Falcons of this awful contract.

Good for him.

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL · 14m14 minutes ago
    Whew…

Some people out there so adamantly anti-Tannehill it makes me wonder if they understand football.

Steve

Maybe I am missing what you are saying about the average

#1 he would have been paid 18M this season based on the option without resigning
    #2 the rookie deal is out the window anyway. To average his salary in he contract you just take all 6 years and the total – its that simple. Why is his rookie contact relevant? the deal he has as of today goes into effect now

#1 his option yr was 2016, this yr he was still on the rookie deal of a little over $2 mil.

#2 The rookie deal isn’t out the window. When you sign an extension its just that in addition to what your current contract is. The extension really starts after this season, that’s what they were coming to an agreement on.

If the extension was signed exactly the same after the 2015 season started everyone would be saying $18.8 mil per yr for 5 yrs. With exactly the same money being paid out.

Zach Thomas‏@OfficialZT
    Only people who look at box scores will say the Tannehill extension is “dum” but he is good and is only improving. He’s legit

I don’t get any criticism over the signing

Generally I think, unless you guy has stunk it up, you want to stick with him
    QBs don;t grow on trees – you just don’t replace one that may not be great (if you don;t think he is) with another one that willbe b/c you didn’t tolerate the last one

Lets say Tanny doesn’t get better and he is what he is
    So, what! try to get better elsewhere
    If you see a QB you think is special you draft one anyway

signing your vet, rarely prevents you from bringing in draftees

it might prevent you from bringing in other UDFA

Just a drive by before I leave the office to say Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! in support of Tannehill’s new deal. We have a QB locked up and at a reasonable price.

#43 Gets It! Right On Zach!

Time for me to hit the road. Peace.

129. Jahndoh30 says:

My God. I can only IMAGINE what Mike Wallace’s reaction to this would have been if he were still on the roster. Tannehill making more money than him? Pigs flying. 🙂

130. Jahndoh30 says:

Moderation! Is it because I changed my name?

Matty I ‏@TheMattyI · 2m2 minutes ago
    Tannehill threw for 4K yds, 27 TDs in a new offense and critics only want to talk about his flaws? Just imagine when he works those out.

Oops, yes #54…I still have the jersey. ohhh the dearly departed brain cells, where art thou?

Home’s Clone;

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    However, I’m a little uncomfortable with Dolphins marrying a quarterback who hasn’t produced a winning season in 3 years. Phins MARRIED NOW

• BoulderPhinfan says:

that is a concern but what’s the alternative? just ask the bills and the jets.

I’ve said all along, and others here too.
        Tanny has legit talent that’s still emerging. High ceiling.
        Build a team around him…and we are now seeing that big time!

Good times ahead….

If you’re uncomfortable Omar, then adjust your jock strap, errr tidy whitey’s. He always has to be the guy to say something negative at a time when everyone should be excited.

How quickly everyone forgets other QBs progress after 3 yrs, Rodgers was still in diapers on the bench after 3 yrs.

Title on the story in the SS:

Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill is franchise QB by title, not performance ”

And the author is Perkins. Guess Omar is rubbing off on him.

lol at all you guys saying tanny purposely took a team friendly deal. i never knew negotiations were open to the public. it is cool all you guys have the inside info

gdp,
    I’ve said the same thing. We need a better team around tanny. Even last year if we had a decent o-line after albert went down and if we could stop the run we would have been in the playoffs. Tanny played well enough to get us there.

Wonder what his teammates think?

Jason Fox ‏@JasonFox70 · 14m14 minutes ago
    Congrats to @ryantannehill1 on his new deal! Much deserved!

Where the fuck was I? I just turned on the TV and saw. Haven’t I been on here all day?

Fuck “Perkins” read like Omar.

Anyone wanting to draft Cam Newton this yr in FF should read this:
    Jonathan Martin and Michael Oher will reportedly “compete” to see who will “earn” the right to protect Newton’s blind side.

Tanny took a solid deal and I love his unselfishness. Got the deal done and it’s friendly enough that we can still get talent. One of the things Brady did right(besides finding ways to cheat). He was a top 15 QB in a new offense last year. The guy has top 10 talent and he’s getting paid accordingly. I wish he was a bit less classy and would show some of it to our classless web jockeys.

Stand the F**K Up and applaud our Franchise QB! 🙂

I didn’t know Tanne was a top 10 fantasy player last year…

Oh well, forget it…lol

Armando@Armando

One final thing. People who say Tannehill isn’t or shouldn’t be the guy never are able to say who should be. Ask ’em. Silence.

getterdone says:
    May 18, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Phins will no longer be the laughing stock!

Go Phins!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!! LOL

Being from Vegas my proposal for the extra point is to spin a ball around a wheel, like in Roulette, wherever the ball lands that’s where you have to line up for the extra point, but of course the 2pt conversion would still be at the 2 😛

Getterdone, care to tell us what you posted that was removed from Facebook?

Steve, don’t tell Son, we can probably get him cheap after next year and replace Tanne with him……….

I would like to take this moment to say I was wrong again. I mean I was right about Tannehill, and I was right about Lazor, and I was right about Landry…wait what was I wrong about again?

Oh, yeah, the Suh signing crippling our ability to sign Tanne to a long term contract while still being able to sign other players….I WAS WRONG….which makes me think that Aponte did a good job soooooo I WAS RIGHT! Aponte is a good capologist.

RTs cap hit next yr is supposed to be less than it would’ve been (about $10 mil less), if he’d played out the 5th yr option, so the money saved with balance out with the extra $10 mil Suh is going to count against the cap ($28 mil).

who is the blond bitch on NFL total access. Bitch, SMH

lol all you guys praising the tanny signing. what is wrong with you all, do you all not listen to randy. my god, the guy gave up 4,596 sacks last year

Total access was reporting it as a 4 year 77Mil extension (I guess not counting the picking up of his 2016 option at 16.8Mil. (Which was 8.4 mil ave for this and next year) NOW his is signed through 2020. He signed the contract THIS year. So his deal is basically a 6 year 96 mil deal.

They are correct in saying $77 mil. extension, 2+ for 2015 16+ for 2016 option yr = $96 mil. What isn’t really correct is 6 yrs for 96 mil, because the 2015 salary is under the rookie deal.

If they are going to include 2015 into it, then it should also include the prorated signing bonus. 6 for 96 is something the team is putting out there to make the deal look more team favorable than it really is. If they had come out and said 5 yr 94 mil extension for an average of 18.8 like it is, it would’ve gotten a different reaction.

$18.8 for RT is a better deal for him than the team, but it’s still ok, since it didn’t reach 100 mil or 20 mil per.

Rob, you could join Son’s fantasy and trade Tannehill for Cam…….

well i knew there was a reason i have always hated bush.

you sir just lost my vote

steveccnv says:
    May 18, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Giving up less than 5,000 puts him in elite status and makes him a franchise QB 😉

how the hell would you know. you are not from the land of qb’s or as randy calls it Minnesota.

I just threw up. Kieth Evens just said “A champion can spot another champion very very quickly”

HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW? Champion full back…

steveccnv says:
    May 18, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Wonder how Cam’s going to react in camp if Martin is his LT.

my best advice would what ever it is just dont do it while he has a lunch tray in his hands

Rockphin says:
    May 18, 2015 at 7:29 pm

Rob, you could join Son’s fantasy and trade Tannehill for Cam…….

why he is just as wrong. all you guys are saying this and that about tanny being a playoff qb. you guys are so 1990’s when it comes to qb’s. in this new era of football the qb isnt important, what makes a team successful this day and age is their deflator

steveccnv says:
    May 18, 2015 at 7:23 pm

sssssooooooooooooo your saying there is a chance

Gil Brandt ✔ @Gil_Brandt
    Congrats to Ryan Tannehill on his contact extension. I feel strongly this will be a good deal for both parties.

Cubs pitcher Jason Hammel believes!

164. Rhino says:

We’re ALL married to him now. 😉

Damn speech recognition. HEATH

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    Tannehill to @JohnCongemi: “Steve Ross & the rest of the organization has faith in me & kind of put it out there that they have faith in me”

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    He speaks RT @MiamiDolphins: “I’m only getting more and more excited the closer we get”

May 18, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Lol

I want a divorce and HALF!

ok but you get the half with the pink tie. there is no way stanger will let you have the bottom half.

Omar Kelly

@OmarKelly

Moving forward the Dolphins are paying Suh & Tannehill $35M a year for next 6 yrs. That means rest of team most be built on draft & $115M

errrrrrrrr don’t like agreeing with him……

• Try Pod says:

More than likely there will be some restructures in there, plus an increase in cap allocations… But it is pricey.

F**K agreeing with that tool !!!
      The Cap goes up about $10M+ each year. Rookie deals are much lower now.
      You pay your top players…the rest get what they can accordingly.

Pointing out the obvious. LOL

We significantly cut the LB and WR positions in cap space even though there is dead money. That will come off next year. Much of the team is young and cheap.

1. 115M over 51 guys is over 2m a year each. Some other guys will make over 10m, some will make less than 1m. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we had 4 5th rounders this year

2. The salary cap will go up each year
      Just approx but I bet it’s: 115 in 2015; 125 in 2016; 135 in 2017 and so on and so on

3. I bet some if the best teams in the NFL, playoff teams, have similiar $ tied up in 2 players

Okay folks
    It looks like the Houston game has won the poll
    Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    OD (better half TBA)
    Son (in for 2, Maybe more)
    Rockphin (Solo……for now)
    Mike E. , not sure + 0,1 or 2

Finally Omar stumbles across something credible. He must be stumped now.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    I do find one Ryan Tannehill stat very interesting. He had a +15 turnover differential last season. Dan Marino only had two seasons better.

Better to spend 20m on Suh

Than 5m a piece in Wheeler, Ellerbee, Hartline and Gibson

Don’t you guys think?
    If you are going to spend FA $ – go get the elite players

172. Try Pod says:

Back to A CLASH OF KINGS. Goodnight, you cap gurus, you! Lol

I am definitely undecided as to making the fest this year. My trial calendar this fall is freaking nightmare.

I have to say I don’t think I will ever listen to Pat Kirwan again. He was going off tonight on our signing of Tannehill. He compared to him Kaep and said at least Kaep took his team to a SB. He then went on about no winning seasons and how Tannehill is not the best player on the team and how they should have waited until after next year to sign him. My blood was starting to boil while I was driving home. I was furiously calling NFL radio trying to yell at him. It was probably a good thing that I didn’t get through. Might have had to go Hulk over the phone with him.

• dbolt48 says:

Yeah, he can go full blown retard sometimes. He has inside Steeler information & that’s about it.

Between that and Jim Miller’s incessant support of Brady and the Patriots I am done with that show.

• Jahndoh30 says:

He worked for the Jets and has a close relationship with Pete Carroll. Steelers?

• dbolt48 says:

Jahn,
        My bad for some reason Mark Malone popped into my head….may have been both dip-shits look like magnum PI

I’m not sure why it became the standard to have post season success in your first 3 year or risk letting a guy hit The free agent market

But whatever

If we wait a season
      And Tanny has postseason success, he probably costs substantially more
      Wilson wants 20m a year and I bet Luck commands the same $
      If we find out in the next couple of years that Tanny is not our guy
      Or if we have a coaching change that wants a change
      We can draft a qb who you do to have to pay big $ during Tannys contract

This is what a team should do with their drafts QB
      Resign him
      Anything less is a qb that didn’t work out, right?

I don’t get criticizing this contract
      What is the alternative, wait for Andy dalton or Alex smith to hit the market
      Get the fuck out of here
      Franchise guys don’t hit the free agent market
      You hit to draft a guy
      Keep him
      And keep drafting if he is not your guy
      Right now, there is no reason to believe Tanny is not our guy

175. Jahndoh30 says:

I feel ya Ken. I am in a holding pattern with Pat. Jim is dead to me though. Pat has taught me too much about football to sign him off just yet, but he’s pushing it for sure. It breaks my heart a little though. They normally are the best show on the radio…well, until Jim took over for Tim Ryan anyway…than Jim being Jim dragged the show downhill. Jim’s the biggest homer (he played for the Steelers, the Pats and the Bears) analyst I’ve EVER (and I’m not exaggerating) known of.

I used to like Miller. He was a pretty big Tannehill supporter for much of last season. Kept talking about how much he has improved and how “the light has turned on” was the phrase he used to describe Tannehill many times. Now he only talks about Brady’s balls.

176. Jahndoh30 says:

LMMFAO @ Dbolt “magnum PI”.

It doesn’t really matter what anyone thinks about extending Tannehill’s contract, it’s a done deal. 🙂

The way I see it we signed a QB to a 6 year deal who has improved every season since he was in the league in just about every statistical category. Who has never missed a start in his 3 years despite playing behind what has been a porous offensive line for much of that time. We got him for what in today’s NFL is a reasonable number for a starting QB. If Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller can’t see that they can go suck on Brady’s deflated balls.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I sincerely believe if you emailed this to Pat he’d give it a little more though. Maybe leave out the deflated balls part..or limit it to Jim so Pat doesn’t get too defensive. LOL!

Piggy:
    I am LOL at the Alex Smith and Andy Dalton line you wrote because Kirwan was mentioning those guys and at least how they have been to the playoffs and how Alex Smith is a top 10 QB in his opinion. They were examples of how and why we overpaid for Tannehill

That is stupid
      Somebody shoot him

I used those as examples bc that is the type of talent you might land in free agency

But Dalton actually is signed for about the same as Tanny
      And Alex Smith makes more

I don’t think those are bad QBs
      But I don’t think they are Peyton manning either
      If those are the options it makes more sense to stick with your guy – which is what we did

Not sure what these guys aren’t seeing

180. dbolt48 says:

The way I see this Tannehill deal is the same as I saw it in April of 2012…..We’ve got our Franchise QB😊

So you are saying you don’t prefer to be perpetually switching below average QBs like we were before 2012?

That’s crazy

Imagine going back to Henne, Feely, Ferotte and Charles Lemon!
      He QBs dreams are made of

Tannehill had a good season last year and I see no reason he won’t again if not even better.

Another thing Kirwan did that annoyed me today was he a phins fan on the line and he went thru the schedule and he was going about “do you see 10 wins in that schedule?” Unless you get 10 wins then this contract was not worth it. Ugh, I want to go Hulk on Kirwan.

The schedule is much easier than last years schedule

I see 16 wins, we won’t get them all, but I don’t see one that we can’t win, especially if the cheats don’t get the calls they normally do after the balls thingy. Someone, I think it was Omar, said, that most of our games in NE in the 2nd half of games has been one sided, he believes it wasn’t on the level, you know the cheats cheating.

Puny radio talk show host. Hulk Smash!

Hulk vented his rage on Pat Kirwan. Hulk must now rest. I am out. Peace to you all.

Steven ScissorHands ‏@CanesBARBER · May 15
    Welcome To Miami @JamilDouglas74 🐬🐬🐬✂️💈 #TheBarberOfTheAthletes

Later Haters!
    Down with the Dub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee Hulk get winded quick these days. 😯