Dolphin Player Profile at Mustachio Cuts: Jay Ajayi, RB

MustachioCutsLogo

Entrare! Welcome to Mustachio Cuts a place to talk Miami Dolphins football and facial hair!

I finally opened up il mio posto!  Now everyone is gonna have grande mustachios.  I’m gonna give a special price to members of my favorite team – the Miami Dolphins!

MustachioBarberChair

Tu sei una stella Miami Dolphins…la mia stella!  Now if only I had a few customers.  Especially if one of those customers was one of the Miami Dolphins.  Hey who is that at the door!  Stupefacenta!  Its Jay Ajayi, one of the newest Miami Dolphins!

Si accomodi Mr. Ajayi.  I’m going to make you look so nice for the Dolphins!  Sit.  (Mustachio dusts off the barber chair)

Buona fortuna that you fell to us in the 5th round.  Hard to believe realmente.  The 13th running back taken in the 2015 draft!  And some scouts beleived you were the 3d best running back.

JayAjayi6

Primero, Gurley is off the board.  Secondo, the Chargers take Melvin Gordon.  So Ajayi goes at the end of the first?  NO!  Puo darsi the 2nd round?  NO!  Not the second round either.  TJ Yeldon and Ameer Abdullah went in the 2nd round.  Il Terzo is a charm right?  Not for you Ajayi.  Eight more runningbacks are off the board before Jay Ajayi is selected.  Why did you drop?  Reportedly the ginocchio  has major cartilage issues. They were calling it “bone on bone”  (Mustachio gasps) the dreaded osso on osso injury…I don’t know what that means…

JayAjayi4…but it landed the Dolphins Jay Ajayi!    Affanculo!  How did the rest of the NFL ignore the your production based on a little osso on osso.  You Mr. Ajayi did everything at Boise State.  You ran the ball, you caught the ball, you blocked.  You were like my whore wife at an orgy – EVERYWHERE!

Magnifico pick!!!  Jay Ajayi in the 5th round.  Affanculo, I need a sip of water.  (Mustachio takes a sip of water)  Now you are a Miami Dolphin. Think about that backfield.  Miller and Ajayi.  That is the backfield of sogni.

MillerAjayi

Mr. Ajayi you are going to have an impact from the get go.  I’m gonna make you look so nice, the Dolphins have to give you snaps.

JayAjayi3

The coaches will say, put the great mustached one in – Jay Ajayi.  And then everyone will say – that’s another TD!  You scored 32 TDs for Boise State in your senior year.  Maybe you get 40 TDs with a few more games in the pros.  Some on the ground.  Some in the air.  Ajayi will not be stopped!

Okay, Okay…enough Mustachio talk.  Let me show you what I did for you.  Tell me…You like???

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

GO DOLPHINS!!!

This entry was posted in Mustachio Cuts. Bookmark the permalink.

408 Responses to Dolphin Player Profile at Mustachio Cuts: Jay Ajayi, RB

Bravo Piggs.
    Ajayi is a big bonus for us. He’s like house money on top of everything else we’ve done.

Matty I ‏@TheMattyI · 20m20 minutes ago
    Perhaps the best point made by anybody yesterday on the Tannehill contract, via @flasportsbuzz’s blog…

3. Rhino says:

I’ll be damned … “inner reading voice” had a cheesy Italian accent. lmao (it really did). It’s getting too real. lol

Restituisce Mustachio! Sono così felice!

Great job Piggy! Glad to see Mustachio back on his hilt, and doing well. I’m thinking Ajayi gets a nice amount of work this season. At a minimum, he should be sharing an equal load with Miller, and if he really shows as well as he did in college, more than that.

This is photoshopped right?

Piggy, great stuff but I don’t speak Italian so I didn’t really get it. LOL

Tim è un uomo sciocco

Risata @ Mike E

Is Ajayi pronounced like his first name Jay, or is it like in karate Ajayi like “hiya!”

“How did the rest of the NFL ignore the your production based on a little osso on osso”

LMAO paisan Mustachio

Mike E, I heard Greg Liken on Finsiders refer to Ajayi the way we’re saying it and Ajayi didn’t say it was any different.

OK, there you go. So now we know what’s right, or Ajayi pronounces it differently and is just very very shy. lol

I dont think anything about the kid lacks, and only real concern was his knee health. I was worried about the pick, but as i said on draft day, its because i want every pick we make to stick with the team and have a long career, and honestly i hate the idea of wearing him down even further. Id like to see him in our backfield for 10 years but im aafraid he wont make it 4, and thats really only downside i see. Given its a 5th round pick it little to no risk and if we did get 3-4 yers of production for him it would have made it a hella good pick. I just hope the Dr’s were all wrong and he will have a long healthy career, as a fan, and as a person who wants the best for a kid who seems to be a helluva person.

I hear his name pronounced ah-ji-eh

13. Try Pod says:

James Walker to be on Cowherd @ 11.

Walker is a guy i dont respect much. I dont dislike him like i do some of the Miami beat reporters, but he doesnt really understand football, and you cant tell its because he only knows football from a educational standpoint.

• Try Pod says:

I posted this because it’s obvious he is going to be asked about the Dolphins and Tannehill in particular. I take all “reporters” with a grain of salt.

• Try Pod says:

Mike Irvin @ 11:30, Schefter @ 12:15… I only post this because it is likely both will be asked about Tannehill and the contract, I would think.

D, RB’s don’t have long careers for the most part anyway. If Ajayi wants to get the most out of what his knee will give him that’s on him. If he has a 3-5 year career and we’re a playoff team and hopefully win a Super Bowl during that time, he could walk away saying hey I had success while it lasted.

Just remember, if it wasn’t for his knee he’s likely not on our team and we’re not even discussing him.

I know, thats why i said my resistance to picking him in the first place was purely fan based, not strategy or business based. It was a great move to get a great kid. I just hop his career is longer than that, im selfish that way.

Our offseason moves including draft have been very good. We are doing what i said we would do with Philbin is slowly create a dynasty type team. Unfortunately i think Ireland and his opposition to that plan really screwed us the first two years of trying to build it. I till strongly fele if he had been on the same page with Philbin, 2 years ago we would have signed Jennings and we would be a lot further as a team towards that goal. Our nucleus on both sides of the ball now is pretty solid and key pieces are locked in for a few years. Pretty exciting stuff imo.

Agreed on how they are building. Slow and steady and young, including waiting for a drafted QB to develop. That’s how you avoid the rebuilding cycle.

Lets hope know they can take the step up from consistently solid to consistently in the playoffs.

Been saying that all along but the impatience of no winning seasons and playoffs in 6 years and only one in the last 13 years is wearing thin on the fan base, and the media fuels it.

As soon as we hired a rookie HC in Philbin and drafted Tannehill in the 1st rd, the first time we drafted a QB in the 1st round since Marino 29 years ago, I hit reset as a fan. But then again I’m totally into mediocrity which for me is more reality but we all have our own views on the status of the team and why. 😉

Hope you guys like our Wideouts, DTs and QBs……cause they are set for a good number of years.

I’ll let you know after this season is over.

They all make sense to me though going in. Didn’t have the same feel like when we brought in say Ellerbe and Wheeler as our new LBs or put all that money into Wallace…..just to point out ones where I wasn’t particularly thrilled and it didn’t work out.

I think they are hoping Lippett replaces Grimes eventually. He has all the tools nd at 6’2 is a BIG CB. With a good bit of Grimes’ ball skills, that kid would be a friggin beast. Point is unless things just dont pan out for either Taylor, Davis, and Lippett, we likely also pretty secure at CB as well. S and LB still to me have questions and obviously logevity of Albert as well as 2 ?’s on the OL leave those as potential needs in near future. Still if Turner Douglas and/or Thomas progress we will have a nucleus on the OL that young and likely locked in for a fw years. If the UDFA’s come in and/or Tripp really step up, we will be good at LB. If things go right we will have very few true needs next year and we will be essentially just making sure it stays that way with uture drafts.

I’d love for one of those CBs to step up and be a solid starter, but we very well could end up taking a CB high in the next couple years too. Speculation was we might have this year.

D

If I were a betting man, I’d say Ajayi would rather have 4 great years in the NFL rather than be a bit player for 7-10 years.

If i was a betting man id say he would like to have 7-10 great years over 4 great years. Im not expecting him to be a bit player.

C’mon now, that’s silly. Of course he’d want 7 great years, but realistically, that probably won’t happen. I think we use him as if there isn’t an issue with his knee, until there’s an isue. lol

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer · 15m15 minutes ago
    Pic of the Day: Welcome rookie MDC, Shayla! Shayla is a student and was named Dancer of the Year at her college.

D

Why are you giving Philbin credit for how the team is being built now? He had as much to do with the draft and FA when Ireland was here as he does with Hickenbaum.

Because its being built very much under the model of GB, the moves to get the right young guys to build a team off of has been a realy part of the process and i remember reading where Ross essentially fired Ireland due to his resitance to working with Philbing to get Philbin type people. I know those guys like Hickey and Tannebaum make the actual deals, they scut the people, but look at the people they are getting, those are Philbin people. So my question to you is, why cant you see the difference?

Because I think that’s a line of bullshit, simple as that. Philbin cleaned out all the guys he didn’t like right away, (Brandon Marshall, Vontae Davis, Karlos Dansby) and he was as much a part of the draft process and free agency as he is now. You can’t excuse him for the bad years, and give him credit for the good ones, it just doesn’t work that way

I definately disagree with you that its same level of influence as with Ireland, Ross said as much when he hired Hickey, that they were going for a guy who worked with Philbin not against him.

I’m not so sure about that. Ireland being fired and not Philbin made me think there was a disconnect and Ross said as much. Ireland was cocky and referred to the team as his team. Hickey doesn’t talk like that.

Not that it matters anymore, but look at the cleansing we just did of Ireland’s acquisitions in 2013 as a hint that Philbin did not have much to do with it.

I’m sure I can find quotes from Philbin stating that he works with Jeff Ireland on personnel both in the draft and free agency. Hey, believe what you want to believe, just don’t expect me to believe it too.

May 19, 2015 at 10:31 am
    I hope so too for his sake because he loves the game.
    —————————————-
    Thats what im saying, i WANT guys like that around for a long time. Im not saying i want us to go easy on him, im just hoping he holds up and has a long great career. I want to be talking about Ajayi like a lot of us talk about Ricky Williams, I really like the kid.

Nice job piggy. I think Jaytrain is gonna be a good one. I hope our rushing attack matches the cowboys attack last year. If we get that going life will be much easier for Tanny.

D, Bobby McCain seems more like Grimes. That doesn’t mean that he necessarily has to replace Grimes, but he models his game after Grimes and is a huge fan. Lippett may develop into a good tall, rangy corner, but he may end up a career 3rd or 4th corner in nickel and dime for matchups with bigger WRs. It should be fun watching it play out.

I agree with Mike. I don’t by that philbin didn’t have a say in bringing wallace, or drafting jordan. Ross even said that everyone was on board on all those moves including philbin.

Look at the last two offseasons and say you still believe that. What part of Ross saying there was a disconnect is getting lost here?

Also both you and Mike E are anti-Philbin so there’s that. LOL

• BoulderPhinfan says:

Time only will tell if there is disconnect between hickey and philbin. We’re not there yet.

Mike E, why was Philbin retained and Ireland fired? I ask that because I asked myself that question when it happened. Then Ross saying there was a disconnect shows you it’s not a line of bullshit. It’s not about giving credit and/or blame, it’s about doing it the right way. The cleansing this offseason is more evidence of that. It’s out in the open for all to see, you don’t even have to read between the lines.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

Ireland wasn’t fired. He was demoted. Then he quit.

Because Ireland was here since 2008, Philbin has only been here 3 years, that’s why. They’re giving Joe one more chance, and they loaded up pretty good, so he has to produce this year or it’s sayonara Joe!

That’s you opinion on Philbin but doesn’t explain firing Ireland when the two were working hand in hand. It reeks of disconnect and the last two offseasons with a new GM confirms it. I’m just going by what I’m seeing.

“As soon as we hired a rookie HC in Philbin and drafted Tannehill in the 1st rd, the first time we drafted a QB in the 1st round since Marino 29 years ago, I hit reset as a fan.”

I did too Tim, and I never expected much in the last years. But now is the time when they have to show it. By that contract they said Tanny is our franchise QB and with all the money on Suh they they think this team is ready to be a contender within say 3 years (why else do it?).

Plus with those two large contracts, they aren’t gonna have a much room to make big FA moves going forward. So they better be set with the core of this team.

Agreed. You can’t remain at 8-8 forever and 4 years is the typical reign for a HC. 2015 is a big year for a lot of people in the organization.

Mike E, let me throw out what others always say – what do you expect Philbin to say? Jeff and I are at complete odds with each other. The proof is in the pudding and we completely changed the pudding the last two years. Go by what’s happened, not by what was said. I believed it too at the time but not anymore because the results say it wasn’t like that.

I’ve been at many meetings when my old boss said “everyone is on board with this” when it definitely wasn’t the case…..even when I had argued strongly against the given move. It was more like, “everyone has agreed….even if I had to make them.”

27. Jahndoh30 says:

Mike is not going admit there’s anything right with Philbin until he has no choice. He claims Philbin traded away Davis and that there was no disconnect with Ireland. It’s pretty obvious.

LOL – When does this No-Choice scenario ever happen?

• Jahndoh30 says:

You tell me. Is it a playoff birth? A championship? You get to set your own criteria.

Philbin gets blamed for Marshal too because he can’t handle strong personalities yet where’s Marshall now, on his 4th team. It’s not about strong personalities, it’s about attitudes fitting in with team. Wallace is another example. Some guys aren’t a good fit with certain teams. The last thing Philbin wanted for Tannehill was a guy like Marshall demanding 20 targets per game regardless of whether he was open or not.

Vontae Davis in 2012 was different then the Vontae Davis in 2015. He had to grow up. Good for him, but he wasn’t grown up when he was traded. And HK’s clearly showed who was in control of trading Vontae. Even video evidence wasn’t good enough for some to accept.

if philbin wasn’t on board with wallace or jordan or any other moves then he should have opened his damn mouth and said something about it. Sorry if my boss asked me a question and my job was on the line then I would tell the truth exactly how I feel about it. If philbin is too big of a wimp to say his mind then he’s in the wrong business.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Philbin kept his job. Maybe he did speak his mind and you weren’t around to hear it.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

not according to Ross. Ross said everyone was on board with every one of those moves including philbin.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Ross is not sharing that information with the public. Some company line about “everyone being on board” does not mean that there was no dissenting voice in any of those transactions.

IMO it’s absurd to think there wouldn’t have been any dissenting voices because front offices are made up of individuals with individual preferences.

Who says he didn’t speak his mind? There is a difference btwn what happens behind the scenes and what comes out afterwards as the “company line.”

OK, Philbin had nothing to with the team until Hickey got here, and now he personally authorized every move we made. Got it. You guys accuse me of being one sided. Unbelievable!

If we somehow don’t make the playoffs either by going 8-8 or even 9-7, do you think Philbin gets a new contract?

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I hope to god no.

At 9-7 I’d say maybe. We aren’t talking about what we think…….it is up to Ross. And he shows loyalty to people he likes. Think about how he stuck with Aponte, even promoted her, when Ireland wanted her fired.

I think we put way too much emphasis on what they say. These guys tote the line and say what is expected. The GM brings in talent and the HC is supposed to get the best of that talent. There is supposed to be a team of guys doing what is best for the Dolphins. Ireland definitely didn’t listen to others when it came to draft time. He said multiple times that the draft was his baby, where he made a difference. Thank God that is over with.

Philbin and Ireland did not work well together and the team suffered from it. Hickey and Philbin seem to work well together and that gives me hope. I will say that Philbin did poorly as a coach a few times last year and still has to prove he can coach a playoff team. I put more onus on him for that than Tannehill for leading one.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree with your point on the onus is on philbin not tanny. We didn’t make the playoffs because we couldn’t stop the run or keep tanny up right. That’s not on tanny. That’s on HC.

IMO the team gave up during the second Jets game and that’s totally on philbin.

You guys kill me! The same people that were saying Joe had better make the playoffs this year because of the 2 collapses back to back, 2 years in a row, are now wiping the slate clean for Joe, and putting it all on Ireland. Too funny. I know, it was Ireland who got QUEASY last year, Joe was just a trooper and took the hit. lol

Jahn

This is exactly what happened during Sparanos last year. Bunch of us thought he should have been fired the year before he actually was. The same people that are going to bat for philbin went to bat for sparano that last year. Saying this is his last chance etc….

Well we waited one year too late to fire sparano and we’re making the same mistake again with philbin IMO. When he showed no progress from 2013 to 2014 philbin should have been fired. The dude hasn’t been able to beat the jets or the ravens at home with playoffs on the line 2 years in a row. how many chances does he get?

• Jahndoh30 says:

Well this isn’t Sparano’s regime. So we can move on from that. That’s like when people say: He reminds me of Jamarcus Russel….doesn’t mean he’s going to be a colossal bust.

Both of you guys are spinning this conversation into something about the criteria of Philbin keeping his job again, but that’s now what triggered it. D gave credit to Philbin for building this team in the mold of Green Bay and Mike E went on offense because he couldn’t stand the thought of anyone giving Philbin credit.

• Jahndoh30 says:

That’s “not” what triggered it……..

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I don’t care what mold this team is being built in. I just want to make the playoffs once this decade and I don’t see philbin as the person to get us there. I hope I’m wrong.

• Jahndoh30 says:

There’s the bottom line. We all want that, and we all hope you’re wrong. Nothing wrong with that.

Mike E — we don’t really know what happens behind the scenes but the Philbin/Hickey dynamic is different than the one he had with Ireland.

Ireland was the guy who ditched the triumvirate and tied his wagon to Ross. He was a direct report and he was there when Ross was talking to Harbaugh. And he was part of the hiring team that brought Philbin in.

Hickey was a hire when Philbin was here. And Ross just hired Tannebaum to be his eyes into the org.

That doesn’t mean it switched from no Philbin to all Phllbin, but it’s at least more Philbin now.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

if we don’t know what happens behind the scenes then how do we know the philbin/hickey dynamic is different?

Because we get glimpses into it at times. Hiring Tannebaum, trying to hire Harbaugh, Aponte becoming a direct report, etc.

36. Jahndoh30 says:

“Jahn

OK, then in your own words, you tell me what Philbin was responsible for, either good or bad, and what you think he should be absolved of.”

Why is that onus on me? You made the post painting everyone as irrational.

How else do we continue this conversation? I made a statement, you disputed it. I said Philbin worked hand in hand with Ireland on personnel, cleaned out the players he didn’t like, which seems totally logical since Ireland had just brought those players in. There’s no onus, just let it go then. We’ll talk about something else, which is fine with me. I despise when blame is constantly shifted away from Philbin. He’s the Head Coach, and dammit, that means something. If he’s a puppet, well, shame on him then.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

Ireland even said they were room mates at the combine that last year.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I think we both know exactly where this conversation leads. It’s 100% true to form thus far.

The conversation is going into the realm of bias and not discussing what we’ve seen happen as opposed to picking sides. Nobody said Philbin has nothing to do with the team and to suggest he didn’t speak up is silly. Think about who’s here and who’s not. Ross said there was a disconnect but all that gets repeated is Ross said they worked together. Yes they did work together but it wasn’t a good fit and one guy is gone. Look at the turnover in 2 offseasons, there are 25 players left from Ireland’s tenure and that counts K, P and LS along with some on the bubble guys. That number will likely go down with the 53 man this year.

Tim, on that same token, to say Ireland getting fired proves Philbin had no failure with this team is just as biased. Sorry, but it is.

But nobody said that!

I didn’t say that, I said it wasn’t a good fit and the proof is in the pudding. I like Philbin but that doesn’t mean I don’t hold him accountable for anything. I do hold him accountable for the team choking down the stretch the last two season with the playoffs on the line. You have to hold the HC responsible for that even if there are other reasons. That can’t happen again and he won’t survive it if it does.

Mike E, I said just moments ago you can’t stay at 8-8 forever and 4 years is the typical HC tenure to win. I did not see anywhere where people said Philbin has a new slate this year. In fact we all think this team has to win this year. You don’t sign Suh, extend Tannehill and then say 7-9 or 8-8 will be a-okay because it won’t be by anyone in the organization including Philbin and the players.

Right, but you added in that now Philbin is building the team he wants, and the Ireland years he wasn’t. That’s what i have a problem with. You can’t just point to Ireland geting fired as proof of that, or that Ireland getting fired absolves Philbin.

• Jahndoh30 says:

You CAN point to it asevidence that there was a disconnect, but nobody has tried to absolve anything as far as I read.

D said that not me. I don’t think Philbin is a personnel guy say the way Jimmy Johnson was. He’s a coach who can look at film and verify scouts’ assessments etc. and say yay or nay but until he gets them on the field he doesn’t really know. He doesn’t have a personnel background.

Ireland spent money in 2013 more than acquiring top talent or the right fit. It’s obvious nobody was on board with those players this year. The entire OL had to be turned over last year. That’s where I’m at. I’m not even blaming Ireland, just that the approach has done a 180. Look at the changes on the DL, LB, DB, WR, even a TE and a RB added. This is a very different team.

Jahn,
    Believe me if Philbin gets us to the playoffs this year, I’ll become his biggest cheerleader 🙂

If Goodell gets bullied by Kraft it’s truly An embarrassment

• Jahndoh30 says:

Well lets not forget that he works for ownership. So whatever he does will be driven by the owners as a group. He wouldn’t keep his job if he allowed a single owner to bully him to the detriment of all the other owners in the league.

In theory

But don’t assume that Kraft isn’t more powerful than most owners

Kraft has been Goodells biggest supporter
        He is one of the reasons he became commissioner
        Kraft was on the owners board during CBA contracts
        The contract that retained Goodells usual amount of power

The cosy relationship between Goodell and Kraft might be an issue

But then again, maybe Kraft has done all the things he has done for show and for cheats fans
        And he is really not as odds with the NFL

I’m off the Philbin thread. It just agitates me, and we’re going around in cirles anyway.

If Goodell lessens that suspension, or gives the Patriots back a draft pick, he needs to be fired immediately. The Falcons and Browns accepted their punushments, and the Dolphins complied with the Wells investigation completely, so FUCK THE PATRIOTS, and FIRE GOODELL if he does that.

Miami Dolphins ✔ @MiamiDolphins
    Ryan passed for 11,252 yds in his first 3 seasons, the 6th-highest total in NFL history

I get the win or be fired mentality!
    We all deal with it every day at our real jobs!

But it sure makes life a sour tasting fruit if you do nothing else but dwell on it!

Confucius Say:
    Man with very happy wife named
    Won Long Tong

🙂

If the Dolphins get to the playoffs this season, I can tell you I won’t be Philbins biggest fan, I’ll still be skeptical, I admit that. I will however, want him fired a lot less though. lol

great article by prisco. If we give tanny a running game and a good defense sky is the limit.

Mike E & Boulder

Charisma ‏@CharismaFueled · 54m54 minutes ago
    You’re the squeaky grocery cart with the bum wheel of people.

😉

Was just watching a vid about the biker gang killings in Waco and one comment by a Bandido confirmed something that I’d always suspected but wasn’t sure of.

He said: “If you pass us on the highway……that would be a mistake.”

I’ve been tempted to before, glad I never did.

Thug assholes. I wish they would kill each other off.

What do you mean?
      Like pass them on the road?

I’m pretty sure I have passed bikers before on the road and lived to never think about it again…

That’s what that one meant, but was talking about outlaw bikers when they are lined up in troop convoy situation. Think about a dozen or more……I wouldn’t do it, even if they weren’t one of the baddest ones.

Something like this……even if they are the middle lane and going slow, I never passed.

so i get it, i finally get it. i was wondering why in the world anyone would be a mets fan. now i know

Wyo, 4 years is the typical tenure for a HC to start winning and competing for a championship. If after 4 years Philbin has no winning seasons what would be the reason for keeping him? It’s not personal, it’s a results oriented position. He knows that, everyone who gets involved in coaching knows that. A non-winning season this year won’t sit well with anyone in the org from the top to the most casual fan.

Is it asking too much to make the playoffs this year, Philbin’s 4th year with some pretty good talent? Nobody is saying championship or else. For instance anything less than the cup for the Rangers will be disappointing for their fans. We’re not at that point yet. But get into the tournament.

May 19, 2015 at 11:42 am

LMAO — maybe they are better fans than us. We weren’t about they are attacking us in bullygate……we were saying this shiot sucks.

lol that is like finding out your significant other gang banged the neighborhood and you take her back saying i am just a better husband then you are.

That would fit………my guess if Hernandez was cleared on some technicality the Pats fans would be going, “wicked cool……we got our boy Aaron back.”

Piggy, Mara and Rooney’s are big Goodell supporters and that carries a lot of weight.

i caught about two seconds of kraft’s comments last night then changed the channel. he is proving himself to be such a low life loser. he loved roger when he was getting his way and cheating but now that he is caught he is throwing roger under the bus.

just fucking stand up and be a man. your team got caught. you would win so many over, most here excluded, if you just said sorry and paid your penalties and moved on

I agree with the legacy. That’s just too bad though, because there’s a legacy of cheating as well as a legacy of winning. As much as they would like to separate the two, they can’t. To me it’s just like Barry Bonds and A-Rod. They both would have been great without the steroids, but they had to go the extra distance. I think the Patriots are a well coached team, with a great QB. That wasn’t enough, they needed that little extra advantage.

Totally agree. The same with Roger Clemons. He did roids to resurrect a fading career. He was a great pitcher without it. He’s now tarnished in the eyes of many. People don’t like cheaters, even cheaters don’t like to be cheated. LOL

Mike E

I will neither defend nor defecate on the coaching staff!

They barely make it up high enough on my list to remember their names!

They just don’t mater that much to me?

I hear that. I think coaches are important, especially when you find the right coach. Philbin may actually be the right coach, he may not have found himself yet. Hopefully this year is the year it all comes together.

Interesting take. LOL

Im not absolving Philbin of any wrong doing, i just think now things are falling into place as i think he had originally hoped they would. No doubt he struggled and learned and adjusted, but going back to some of his initial interviews he seemed to hae a plan that included and focused on getting and developing a nucleus that he intended to grow from. He obviously wasn’t at odd with Ireland, they weren’t on the same page, and Ross fired the one that he saw mostly to blame for it. To me that part is obvious. Everyone shares in failure and success, but look at the start differences in the direction of the team since Ireland has left, and you can see the stark differences between having a GM who works with you vs one that works against you.

Oh and Mike i said from the beginning he was trying to build the team he wanted, Ireland stood int he way of that. I understand you dont care for and are not impressed with Philbin but i think you go overboard trying to proved he’s a shitty coach. He has a lot to prove but shit is finally moving in the right direction and he has a hand in that.

You can extrapolate that, but that’s not how I see it. I see Ireland as being here too long without much success except with Penny, and I see a different GM with his own ideas, which were different than Ireland’s, and I now see a guy in Tannenbaum who wants to win now. That’s what I see, and I don’t think Philbin is necessarily impactful on any of that.

• Jahndoh30 says:

You think none of those guys have tried to get Philbin type players? All of them have?

The odds that they all worked with Philbin to the exact same degree is extremely low. There are differences in those 3 and their relationships with Philbin by virtue of the fact they’re all humans. There is no NFL team that has ever existed where the GMs didn’t have to work with the coach to a great degree. You can’t sail along indefinitely chalking up all that’s good to anyone but Philbin and all that’s bad to nobody but Philbin. At some point you have to acknowledge they work together.

58. Jahndoh30 says:

Piggy,

I don’t deny that Kraft is an influential owner, but is he, all by himself, MORE influential than Jerry Jones, MaraTisch/, The Rooney family, Biscotti, Irsay, Allen….all combined?

That’s my point. Whatever he does will be with the blessing of the owners as a whole. He can not unilaterally choose to favor the Pats over those other owners’ teams.

he can schmooze
      just like any individual can

Don;t think of it as overriding the authority of the collective owners – which I agree he probably can’t do

think of it as one guy trying to garner favor – who has probably been successful in doing that in the past

If I was an owner I would be furious at some of the things Kraft has said and done int he last week
      but I’m not sure that the real owners feel the same
      they are all mum on the issue
      maybe at the direction of the NFL
      maybe at the end of the day the NFL is asking everyone to be quiet about that – and Kraft is the only one not listening, which he should be punished for separate and apart from the deflating punishment
      (Piggy Shrugs)

I just don;t like the idea that Kraft give us every indication he is furious with the commissioner and then is hugging and laughing with him at an event…its very little finger of him

• Jahndoh30 says:

I tend to agree with all of that. But I would point out that those owners are likely biting their tongues because they see that as the best course of action. In the end they ARE then NFL, not the minions of a higher power known as the NFL Executive Office, Park Avenue.

One of the things I like about Philbin is he’d be the first one to say he wasn’t good enough if this team doesn’t make the playoffs this year and he got fired. He comes from a successful organization in Green Bay and the Miami Dolphins have a great history. He took on the task of turning this franchise around and if he didn’t succeed in 4 years he’d respectively understand Ross making a change.

Go get em’ Joe!

• Jahndoh30 says:

I tend to agree. Although I don’t think a 10 win campaign that doesn’t result in playoffs merits his dismissal in and of itself.

I hear that and that would be Ross’ call if he felt like the team is going in the right direction. But less than a winning record I think would be the end.

Clemons definately did it after he had secured a HOF career, Bonds too, but i think Bonds comes from sheer desire to beat Aaron’s record. I think he did it not to stay competetive but for the quest of something that was outside his reach without cheating. I dont hold a lot of empathy for Bonds or Clemons, and trust me i want to with Clemons especially (he’s my favorite pitcher all time) but it is what it is, and they should have their steroid years shaved off their records and accomplishments. Rulse are what they are, and even if you dont agree with them, you have to abide by them. If you want them changed, you push for change, not break them and expect they will make an exception for ya later.

Jahn

If we get 10 wins, and somehow don’t make the playoffs, I won’t be asking for Joe to be fired unless we somehow choked away the last game that put us in the playoffs. Other than that happening, I don’t see how you can fire a HC that got you 10 wins.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Lets hope it doesn’t come to that. If we get 10 wins and miss the playoffs I’ll be pretty dejected by that turn of events. We’re so overdue…I can’t imagine how it’d feel to get screwed out of the playoffs on tie-breakers.

Yeah it’s a tough call and I agree with your criteria. But we finish with the Colts and Pats so not sure that could be considered a choke, unless we blow a 20 point lead with 5 minutes left.

Watch we’ll go 11-5 and be one of the few teams not to make the playoffs with that record. Could you imagine? SMH LOL

62. Jahndoh30 says:

This conversation makes me reflect on a thought I had this weekend about Tom Landry. He started 0-11-1 in his first season as a coach with the Cowboy. The next 4 years he had 5 or fewer wins.

Things have changed, and it’s fans’ patience.

That’s kind of an aberration though, don’t you think? Shula was great from the get-go. I do agree that I’m not as patient as I should be though, so there’s that too.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I don’t know. Bill Walsh won a single game his first season. I don’t think any coach would survive that today. Belichick DID get fired from Cleveland after 5-10 and 6-10 results. It may be aberrational, but fan impatience being at an all time high seemed to be the consensus in the “Football Life” episodes of Don Shula and Tom Landry.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Also, in the top 10 records that will never be broken, Shula’s career win was number 1 and I remember one of the talking heads saying: “That record will never be broken simply because it would take 3 decades of 10 win seasons and fans would never allow it. You could get to the conference championship game 20 consecutive years and the fans will demand you be fired because you can’t get over the hump.”

Wish I remembered who said it. Was an interesting commentary. I’m not drawing any parallels to our situation here in Miami right now of course, although I don’t think .500 ball is all that bad in comparison to some of those guys’ early careers.

I couldn’t stay up to watch the conclusion of the Mets game last, but I was pleased (and shocked) to hear this morning that they won. The bullpen did a fantastic job, except of course the blown save by Familia.

I watched it waiting for GOT to come on at midnight, then fell asleep 5 minutes into it. LOL

I have not seen the most recent episode of GOT so shhhhhh…. 🙂

The Mets have to start hitting with Harvey on the mound and not allowing a run his last two starts. The dude should be 7-1 and even in his loss where he didn’t pitch all that great he only gave up 3 runs.

64. Jahndoh30 says:

Wow, Jeff Fisher never finished above .500 in his first 6 seasons in the league. When he broke through, he did it in a big way with 13-3 and a Superbowl appearance. Crazy. Overall in 20 years, he’s only got a .524 winning percentage.

Jahn

Walsh won 2 games his first year, but the Niners won only 2 games the previous year, so that’s pretty relevant to the next year.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I said one, so it was 2. You think Todd Bowles is going to keep his job if he goes 2-14 with the Jets this year? I lived through Walsh’s first season and remember the outcry in the bay area of people wanting Walsh fired.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Point is, it’s not like everyone knew he’d end up being the best strategist of all time in the NFL so they looked the other way on 2-14, it’s that, in those days you could still get fans to come to the game the next year even if you happened to keep a 2-14 coach.

Rhino and I splash brothers from another mother. LOL

Mike E, maybe you’re right. I’m finding stuff that contradicts the fan patience notion now that I did. Lovie Smith DID go 2-14 last year and kept his job. So there’s that. Even though he had a Superbowl resume (as did Fisher when he joined the Rams) so maybe that helps them not to give up on those guys too quickly.

66. Rhino says:

Here you go … on the Philbin – Ireland “working together or not” debate…

This just tells a small part of the story, and only addresses the last year too. It also doesn’t tell you that Ireland did or didn’t get the players Joe wanted.

67. Jahndoh30 says:

Tim, you are correct. Fisher went 13-3 3 times. But if ownership didn’t have the patience with him to stick it out through 6 non-winning seasons to start his career, he’d have never gotten that chance. BTW, the last time he won even 8 games was 5 years ago now. He’s been around for 20 years. 6 earliest and 6 most recent, he’s failed to break .500.

Maybe fans are patient, lol…….or maybe he’s the luckiest dude in the world to find himself with owners who are patient in spite of fan pressure…or maybe in the case of the Rams, ownership just doesn’t care all that much. LOL…

Fisher is respected as a very good coach in NFL circles and sometimes you need the horses to get over the hump. Some owners know this and have more patience.

The Dolphins were spoiled with Shula’s very unique success but that era is long gone

68. Jahndoh30 says:

Taking off. I’ll let Rhino occupy the Warriors avatar spot for now. Cheers all! Go Dubs!

Okay, Rhino and Jahn are freaking me out at first glance. LOL

• Rhino says:

that’s what the rockets will be thinking when Steph and Klay have ‘freedom’ to shoot compared to Memphis series. 🙂

Kraft announced that the Pats were not going to appeal the NFL’s penalties against the team for deflategate. Guess that is what the hug with Roger was about.

Also despite all the bitterness before, seems an admission that something went down.

Hope it wasn’t a quid pro quo deal on the appeal of Brady’s suspension though.

I think if anything gets changed there will be a very loud response and i dont think they want to deal with that, neither side. I think both side realize its best if this thing is allowed to fade into the dark. I doubt it get overturned.

Lamar Miller ✔ @millertime_6
    Sometimes it’s the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.

Later Jahn!

FOX Sports retweeted
    FOX College Football ‏@CFBONFOX 52m52 minutes ago

Ex-Notre Dame QB Everett Golson tells FOX Sports he’s transferring to #FloridaState / Story: http://foxs.pt/1Ad6Do0

May 19, 2015 at 12:26 pm

‘I think the Patriots are a well coached team, with a great QB. That wasn’t enough, they needed that little extra advantage.’

maybe, but one will never know since they cheated to win.

Therein lies the problem for them, the organization and its fans are concerned about the legacy. Oh well, don’t cheat and you wouldn’t have to worry about it.

You do have to question things i think. I mean how good is he is he doesn’t deflate the balls to have the advantage he needed. He was good before the rule change that let teams supply their own balls so you have to assume it wasn’t all due to that advantage. Belichick is a harder thing to determine. He wasnt overly successful until he got to New England and after that he has steadily had reports of questionable practices. I think its harder to determine if his success relise heavily on the cheating he has done or not.

I believe Brady is the real deal. I think he genuinely is a great QB and i think just wanted to be even better and maintain supremacy, much the way it was discussed about Bonds before. I think he’s chasing some records, he’s trying to prove he is best all time and he just competitively wants to win every time. Like Bonds i have no empathy though for him deciding it was worth violating his own integrity and that of the sport to achieve those goals. To be honest i would highly suspect something with Peyton as well.

Belicheck i think doesn’t become successful without cheating and the emergence of Brady, so im not as assured of his coaching greatness.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “@iHeartMiko: Why do i have 33 mentions? I like to log in with like 5-7 mentions waiting MAX! @OmarKelly are u responsible for this?”» NOPE

May 19, 2015 at 1:33 pm

I have not seen the most recent episode of GOT so shhhhhh…. 🙂

just to be a dick head and ruin it for you. one girl gets topless, then this other one has sex with this dude and gets topless and to really ruin it, this other girl gets topless too.

” ACCESS HOLLYWOOD: Mayweather’s undefeated. You’re undefeated. The general thought is, we’d love to see you guys get in the ring. Could you take him down? I know it’ll never happen, but just–

ROUSEY: Well, I will never say that I can’t beat anyone. I don’t think that me and him would ever fight, unless we ended up dating.”

got to admit that is a great back handed stab at a lowlife POS that hits women. even if she didnt mean it that way.

mike

did you see my earlier post? i know why you are a mets fan now.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft will not appeal the $1 million fine and loss of two draft choices the NFL penalized the team for its role in the use of deflated footballs in the AFC championship game.

Kraft said Tuesday at the owners meetings that he was putting the league before his franchise because “at no time should the agenda of one team outweigh the collective good of the 32.”

why do i have this feeling he is doing this cause of some back handed deal with his lil boy rogey and cheady is going to have his suspension reduced or lifted.

Rob

Which post do you mean?

D says:
    May 19, 2015 at 2:26 pm

“I believe Brady is the real deal. I think he genuinely is a great QB and i…”

D, and this is the great thing about him cheating. you get to think that and one gets to think the only reason he has been great is cause he cheated.

mike

yeah great for us to laugh at. you can see the way she keeps pushing his hand away what she thought about it. i bet she is just in hysterics that it has gone viral. my best guess is that is the last time he will ever get to touch her………………..anywhere.

FFR – Yeah, I think he’s in trouble. She didn’t look real happy.

Man I felt a little breeze across my bow a while ago!

That’s ok Jahn

Houston can shoot 3’s too! 😉

Look at you guys, all feisty about basketball. lol

• Rhino says:

A’s have blown 8 of last save opportunities, 9 of last 12 losses were by 1 run, and 4 starters on DL… thank god for basketball right no as the beginning of doldrums.

Ouch! That’s rough. The Mets have about 8 guys on the DL right now, at least 1 or 2 are out for the season.

• Try Pod says:

Doldrums? What are you talking about? We got rookie camps, where we get to here writers we don’t like or respect talk about players that aren’t wearing pads and aren’t actually hitting doing football-like drills.. What more could you want? (Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Rhino

Who’s the A’s closer, or do they have a closer by committee now?

Try, we’ll see if the OTAs don’t get mentioned here over those 3 weeks and if it sparks conversation. I’m going to go out on a limb and say it will. LOL

• Try Pod says:

I’m sorry I can’t get all geeked up about what some writer says about how a rookie looks in shorts and a tee- but you feel free to have at it, if that’s what puts lead in your pencil.

May 19, 2015 at 3:01 pm

FFR – Yeah, I think he’s in trouble. She didn’t look real happy.

lol, yep she didnt. she is a baseball fan so maybe i should invite her to a rays game. i can tell her ‘dont worry honey, this is a rays game, no way the other 9 people here will catch us’

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “I’ve never had a real job. My parents were blessing and I’ve always been in sports,” Ryan Tannehill said.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “It’s always a dream to sign a big contract, but the main dream is winning a championship, and holding up that trophy with your teammates.”

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Tannehill said finishing games and season stronger has been an offseason priority. Credits sports science dept. for taking lead in that.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Tannehill talks of improvement for finishing out games. He wants to improve on finishing stronger. “We want to get better at the end.”

James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL
    #Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill said the WRs this year will be tough to cover.

RT17 with his wife & parents. Dad looks like he can still play! 😉

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Ryan Tannehill says he believes he is a championship caliber QB.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “I don’t measure myself up against (Dan Marino) but I’d love to have a career that measures up to him, and win championships,”Tannehill said

Ha, nice answer Tanny. That’s for you NOmar & all the other haters!

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “It doesn’t affect what I do here in the building and how I prepare to play. What’s written about me & said about me doesn’t concern me” 17
    _____________________________
    Also notice how Omar couldn’t even type his name that time. Just used his # like he did with Misi years ago…lol

I know not many here are Parcells fans but that’s QB commandment #1.
      “1. Ignore other opinions – Press or TV, agents or advisors, family or wives, friends or relatives, fans or hangers on – ignore them on matters of football, they don’t know what’s happening here.”

Parcells was right on there!
        He was a great coach & mentor in his day, his era or brand of football worked well then. Sadly by the time he reach Miami, the game had gone another direction and he didn’t follow or stay ahead of it’s movement.

Tim, good replies above…well all except for Mr. Tanny trying to give Joe the honk….LOL

GD, not to get into a Parcells defense debate but I think people forget his Pats teams lead the league in passing most years uwith Bledsoe and they threw it more than everyone. His Jets and Cowboys teams threw it as well. Sparano is the one who was behind the overly conservative style we played, he was the HC. The trifecta couldn’t find the QB.

Fair points, but Parcells was maybe more suited for coaching, not so much as the top guy in the hierarchy.

That I agree with. He was really good at evaluating talent on the practice field and putting his team together. Not so much from afar as a GM or Czar acquiring it.

thats great that tanny got his contract and he has improved every year he has been in the league but he put his arm around my girl one more time and he is done.

getterdone says:
    May 19, 2015 at 4:24 pm

If she’s your girl, then why is RT17 the only she is giving the honk to?

lol, it is so cute you think that. besides i only let her stay with him for the money, she knows where the good chains and sofa is.

May 19, 2015 at 4:29 pm

She’s pretty religious right, they both are? Not surprised if she saved herself for him.

i dont know about him but i do she screams OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD a lot

BOOM!

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Tannehill agent Pat Dye: “Dolphins have to get a little better inside play. We represent Dallas Thomas, too. So Dallas, I’m challenging you”

getterdone says:
    May 19, 2015 at 4:39 pm

The one that Ken is laying on and tied to? smh

wow you are one sick gross disturbed individual. what is wrong with you? ken is chained in the basement. i would never let him get that green slime on my sofa.

Uh Ohhh….

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 3m3 minutes ago
    Well there’s a bomb RT @NFLPA #NFLPA Files Motion To Hold NFL, Commissioner in Contempt of Court in Peterson Matter: http://bit.ly/1EVD85U

The NFLPA has filed a motion to hold the league and commissioner Roger Goodell in contempt of court in the Adrian Peterson case.
    The union believes the league didn’t follow through on its legal obligations after independent arbitrator David Doty overturned Peterson’s suspension on Feb. 26. “The delay tactics, inconsistencies and arbitrary decision making of the League has continued to hurt the rights of players, the credibility of the League office and the integrity of the CBA,” NFLPA president Eric Winston said in a statement. “In the absence of any action by the NFL’s governing board of owners, the players have acted to hold the NFL accountable to our players, the CBA and to the law.”

Piggy

I was thinking you can do updates once training camp starts and as players start to get cut, you can call the report “Mustachio’s Cuts”

• Try Pod says:

Cuts of prosciutto.

• Try Pod says:

Isn’t one of Piggy’s personalities a butcher? Lol
        I can’t keep track of them all…

You know what would be funny, if Piggy had all these characters as actual figures all around his apartment.
      Guest: What’s this?
      Piggy: That’s Mistachio.
      Guest: It’s a razor!
      Piggy: If you say so, it’s more than that.
      Guest: (focused on the mustache on the razor next to Colonpokey – a stuffed hamster) Guest: Uhhh… can we get going?
      Piggy: We were ordering in and hanging here to watch the game.
      Guest: Yeah… let’s go to a bar instead.
      Piggy: Whatever weirdo!

They aren’t personalities, they’re characters and no there isn’t a butcher.

Hickey said on the Finsider’s today what I have always believed in and that its about the vibe of the team, and everyone can see a huge difference. I’m looking forward to this season.

Try

Mustachio’s wife is a deli slicer. Not the person who operates the machine, but the machine itself. That’s probabloy what you were thinking of.

She was a who-a

LOL! That still cracks me up that I actually used to say it like that when I lived in Brooklyn. I didn’t even realize they were the same word, hoo-wuh and whore until I was older.

That’s how they say it on the Soprano’s too

Sonny

How’s the father of the bride doin? Still basking in joy from the wedding?

Coming down but it really was a landmark experience for me. They got back on Saturday, back to their lives but married.

Kraft has come to his senses, and ends the madness. Get the fuck out of here, krapp has made a deal with Goo de hell, that he’ll drop his appeal, so cry brady’s will get cut.

I’ll call it Krappgate.

brady’s suspension cut.

Yeah man it wreaks. Cheating and the toleration of cheating on behalf of the league office will turn the league into a joke. That $10 mill increase in the cap every year will start to be negatives. I think they really should get Goodell the hell out of there. Even if you call it change for change sake.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Brady’s suspension has not been cut, hold your horses lynch mob.

110. Jahndoh30 says:

NFLPA’s tactics sicken me, as do the tactics of any sue-happy entity.

Demaurice Smith negotiated and signed the worst CBA (for players) in history, and has spent every waking moment since trying to do damage control, and all it does is compound the bad blood.

Too many veterans have lost their jobs because of the CBA Smith negotiated. If anyone deserves to be fired it’s him. Goodell’s job is looking out for the owners’ interests and by all accounts the owners are pleased. Smith’s job was to look out for the players and by all accounts the players are pissed.

Roussey vs Mayweather, if they fought who would you root for?

True Jahn, Smith and the players got played.
    My thing with Goodell is perception.
    I think he’s in some sort of kahoots with Kraft. It doesn’t sit well with me as a NFL consumer, and I feel I may be more in the majority in that thinking than not.

With extension, Ryan Tannehill must show more leadership
    Walker

Why now just because he got paid, he’s the QB he needs to show the fire that it takes to lead in the NFL, fuck that Dungy crap. I’ve seen it once in three yrs, on a drive that started near midfield and resulted in a TD, you could just tell they were going to score, by RTs demeanor.

I think Ryan letting his hair grow out is worth at least 3 wins.

• Try Pod says:

I got it, Son, even if no one else did.

• Jahndoh30 says:

If it’s a biblical reference, I got it right away. I always thought it was interesting that in the Bible you have Eve tempting Adam to eat the forbidden fruit and Delilah castrating Samson’s power. Not exactly a feminist’s dream portrayal of women those two stories. LOL…

You know what, if the other 31 owners don’t get bothered if they reduce his penalty, I’m not going to worry about it. For some reason I don’t think they do reduce it anyway. I actually don’t see how the Saints, Browns, Falcons don’t throw a major fit if the suspension is reduced though.

I didn’t think it would get reduced either until this most recent make out session Kraft and Goodell had, now who knows.

Sonny
    That’s great man. How are your in laws, you get along well with them, like them?

We don’t hang out much, be we get along great they’re super nice people and did a hell of a job raising their son.

So there were rumors that Kraft and the league were “negotiating” behind closed doors to get this taken care of with no more mud slinging and a day later Kraft tones down his rhetoric and says he’ll accept the commish’s decision. I’ll be shocked if the Brady suspension doesn’t get cut in half at the very least, which is exactly what some people said would happen from the very beginning (I wasn’t one of them, I thought it would stick.)

I think the suspension and draft pick penalties remain intact. We’ll see.

After Kraft dragged the league through the mud it should all stick and more besides but I’m betting the team penalties stick and Brady gets off cheap.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I do too. Roger hugging Bob doesn’t offend or surprise me. It’s the owners meetings and they have been friends for a long time. Hell, every 1st round draft pick in the NFL has hugged Roger. Huggy Bear Goodell…

• Jahndoh30 says:

Well Cav, given that Kraft said he’s not going to appeal the team penalties…yeah, they’re going to stick.

Extra-point attempts have been moved from the two- to 15-yard line, though two-point conversions will continue to take place from the two-yard line.
    That means PATs will now be 33 yards instead of 19. It’s a drastic change, not one everyone was necessarily asking for. There will now be big games decided by missed extra points. The league also implemented another rule change, awarding two points for botched PATs or two-point conversions that are returned for a score by the defense. That rule was already employed by the NCAA.
    ________________________________
    Keep F**k’in with the game!!! SMH

That doesn’t seem like such a bad thing. Makes the game a bit more interesting. Maybe more 2 point conversion attempts, which is fine with me.

• Jahndoh30 says:

competition committee did that, and it’s the first major scoring change they’ve made in a very long time. Not all change is bad. Don’t look now but we got old when we weren’t looking 🙂

I’m in favor of the change fwiw. If extra points were meant to be a 99% certainty, than they should just make a TD worth 7. Moving it back to make it more like a chipshot field goal will make coaches think twice about tying vs. going for the win in real games and that’s exciting to me.

I guess I saw this coming too so I’m not sure why stuff coming out of the owners meeting today is such big news. It’s been on the agenda for like a month now.

118. Try Pod says:

Son,
    In the truest sense they are personalities, but I get what you are saying and understand why you would want to differentiate. Cheers.
    Mike E,
    I knew there was some kinda deli connection in there, somewhere.

119. Try Pod says:

Pat Dye, the ex Auburn coach is Tannehill’s agent?

Kong

What do you figure, 2 games for Brady?

Yeah, pure speculation but I’m betting it’ll get cut in half.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I think that’s only justified if new evidence supporting Brady is revealed. We’ll see. You gonna pull for the Warriors in the WC Finals?

Heck yeah, I’ll be pulling for the Warriors but I probably won’t watch a single minute, lol.

I’m actually ok with the extra point rule change. It might make for some interesting game scenarios. If it’s a disaster they can vote it out down the road.

So we sign Tannehill to an extension and they have a press conference but miamidolphins.com doesn’t have the video up, just pictures of it? WTF?!!!

LOL, Jahn. I guess that particular guess was pretty safe on my part.

Try, I just wanted to differentiate our beloved Pigg from the likes of, well you know who.

Wait I go and score on you but we’re gonna give the defense an advantage?

Jahn, yep, we’re all getting old…ugh!
    I guess kicker contracts will go up some as well as their draft positions…lol

• Jahndoh30 says:

Lol..in all seriousness, Kickers that can make 33 yard field goals are still a dime a dozen. This dozen enhance kicker value at all. If they couldn’t make 33 yarders reliably they aren’t employed anyway.

I think they should have made a TD worth 7 and only play the down if the scoring team wants to go for 2. If they make it they get 8 if they miss they get 6, but if they hold up a 1 after the TD then it stands as 7 without the need for a kick.

Might also be a brilliant move by Philly signing Tebow. He’d be great at the 2 pt. conversion role by running, or throwing his jump pass 🙂

• Jahndoh30 says:

Yeah a caller on NFL Sirius actually mentioned this last week. I don’t know that it has any more chance of scoring than any number of other calls an OC might make, but at any rate, someone else had this same thought.

Try, I just looked it up, Pat Dye of Tannehill is Pat Dye Jr son of the former Coach and administrator.

Absolutely love the new conversion rules. The extra point has always been just that……an extra point. And they not only kept the 2-pointer in play, but offered the chance for the D to score something. Before wasted time just got more interesting.

GD, Dion Jordan?

They could have waited another almost 2 years to get a deal done with Tannehill, the fact they did it going into this year means its go time. We’ll be a top team as long as we don’t get as stung by injuries as last year.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport also reported that the Redskins’ proposal to have roster cuts done all at once — moving from 90-man to 53-man rosters prior to the start of the season — was voted down by owners, per a source.

I don’t know why but I have a good feeling about our O-line. I’m just not worried. I think we have enough talent both on the line and around it to be successful.

The Finsiders @TheFinsiders
    Philbin cites Damien Williams, Matt Hazel & Walt Aikens as some of the young players who have impressed him this off-season.
    _______________________
    Nice, my boy Damien is coming along nicely and staying out of trouble more importantly. He had 2nd-4th round skill in the 2014 draft.

He used to say about the Safety McCray (I think) that he just looked like a football player out there and yet the guy was toast on the first round of cuts.

Hazel could be that guy this year…but my guess is Damien & Walt Aikens make the roster.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    “@spcohn: people think you’re hard in Tannehill but he is just as hard on himself. Doesn’t make excuses. That’s admirable”» it is. Admirable

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    In 3 years I’ve never heard Ryan Tannehill make one excuse, or throw one player or coach under the bus publicly. That’s commendable.
    __________________________________
    Omar softening up a tad? 🙄
    Now he realizes Garrard is never coming back & Freeman is not gonna lead this team….lol

Hey if young guys like Hazel and Matthews really do step up it might make it tough to keep Jennings on the 53. I’m just sayin’.

They’d have to really step it up. Jennings isn’t done, nor do those cats have the vet leadership he’ll provide!

True but Landry, Parker and Stills are locks so the other two spots will be hotly contested and shouldn’t youth beat out age if they are even.

All that said, I believe Jennings will be on the team this year.

This is why I like coach Philbin. He’s a cerebral coach and isn’t an ego maniac. He’s a manager of priorities kind of guy. Think about how many good/great HCs were/are not overly emotional and absurd on the sidelines. They’re teachers. It’s about communication and repetition. He talks about reps for players. That’s where they prove themselves as not just football players, but as pros and dedicated individuals by how they work. You have to pass that test first to even get more reps.

Be sure to tune in to Absolute Perfection tomorrow. The playoffs start and I believe its the Brownies who are the first to get stomped. Is it Mike Phipps at QB?

Wow Armando, being very different to me than what you write. He’s more realistic here.

It’s funny that all of the video being shown of Tannehill since the signing does not feature Wallace or Clay or Hartline at all. It’s all Landry, Sims, Miller and Matthews.

Did you miss Damien? I think he’s going to be unbelievable this yr catching the ball, he was pretty good last yr, just didn’t get enough touches.

Well, the Knicks are in for at least another 5 years of futility- They olny received the #4 pick in the NBA draft.

What’s up FUers? Not crazy about the extra point change. I don’t see the reason to muck things up. If they were going to make any change I say put the ball at the one for all attempts. You will see more 2 point tries that way. I don’t think you will see that this way.

Its more about the NFL being talked about this time of year than really having anything to do with the game and making needed changes.

I think that is a bad reason to start changing the game. The game is the most popular sport in this country it does not need to be tinkered with imo.

son of a son of a shula says:
    May 19, 2015 at 8:33 pm (Edit)
    ________________________________________
    I think Jennings is a lock for the 4th spot. I think the 5th spot is Hazel’s for the taking. I think Rishard Matthews is working his way off the team.

It’ll be interesting. There are also a handful of big no name receivers in camp. Preston, McDonald, King and Byrd all 6’3 and up with Preston at 6’5. Hazel has his own share of f-ups too. Should be fun.

One of those kids will make the practice squad. I would be surprised if they made the 53 man roster

I think we’re all making too much of the Matthews wanted to be traded thing.

Brian, I’m not an NBA fan but Mike Francesa who I’ve respected his sports knowledge for 25+ years, thinks this is a deep draft and you can get a good player up to 7. There is no perfect player but some good prospects that bring different things to the table. He likes the kid Justice Winslow who many think could be there at #4.

So the Xpt is a 32 yard FG, better than me walking away and saying if they miss this I don’t want to see it. LOL

The 2pt conversion is the same except the defense can return it 98 yards for a score. I’m sure that will happen a lot. LOL

Ken,
    We can only hope that Dolan sells the team one day. He is the worst owner in professional sports.

Ken and Son, keep an eye on WR LaRon Byrd as our 5th WR. This was a young UM WR the coaches were impressed with last year until he got hurt. He’s 6-4 220 with 4.45 speed.

Rhino
    I may go classy!

Son,
    I like Michael Preston’s potential…he may be ready to emerge in his 3rd year, which many receivers have been known to do.
    Check out this glowing camp report when he was with the Titans.

Ken,
    Can you believe that idiot hired the man who ruined the Knicks to run the Liberty? How stupid is this guy?

Jennings, Byrd, Preston, Matthews and Hazel are 5 fighting for 2 not 4 fighting for 1. Jennings as the old guy could be looked at as a progress stopper.

I see Jennings as shoe in. He will be the veteran presence to teach the young pups how to bite. We need at least 1 vet in the squad.

I wanna agree but when I break down the competition I see him in a battle. They get to observe him all the way up to the start of the season it might be all the young room needs.

Jennings was very productive last year in Minnesota with a rookie QB. I think he makes the squad hands down. But if he doesn’t it means some one else had to really play lights out so it’s not a bad thing.

I also think at least one of those other UDFAs wind up on the practice squad so it’s not just for the 5th spot.

This better Son?

There you go, a lot of football player there and STs is a must for a 5th WR. Jennings won’t be on STs and neither will Cameron at TE so you need guys like this who give you game reps in at least two phases. Landry may still do some returns, maybe Stills if that’s something he does well, but for the most part those two along with Jennings and Parker will focus on playing WR. I can’t wait for the mixed formations and different guys running different route trees.

Wallace ran the 9, the deep out and the bubble screen most of the time. The same route tree we envisioned for Clyde Gates, Wallace was just better at it but the same type of WR. Very fast with crazy legs. LOL

Jennings may have been picked up as insurance for the draft. Since we did get Parker maybe he isn’t quite needed as much. I don’t know, I like Jennings and he’s a good player and a good family man but he has one thing that the NFL doesn’t like and that is – age. I just can’t issue him a spot thus far, there is too much to play out.

Damn it son, stop trying to get rid of a polished Jennings!!! 👿

I see it the opposite with so much youth on the squad you need a vet. Carrying 1 vet and 4 guys with less than 3 years experience is not a lot of age on the roster. One or 2 of the other UDFAs will wind up on the PS so you can still develop some young talent that way too.

After signing a $96M contract Tannehill has a new fan!

LOL @ Son’s drunk flaccid pig comment.

Son, I’ll be shocked if Jennings doesn’t make the team. He still has game and he showed it against us last year, and he’ll be a great influence on the young WRs which Landry, Stills and Parker are.

I simply wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t have him written in stone yet but that is ONLY because of age.
      However, as I stated earlier we are in a win it now mentality and his vet presence is a nice accompaniment.

Alright. Another early client meeting tomorrow. I am out. Peace to you all.

Rockets
    (56-26, 26-15 away) 51

at

Warriors
    (67-15, 39-2 home) 38

Ok I Gotta hit the hay!

Later haters

Son, if Jennings doesn’t make the team I’ll buy you every other beer at the Giants @ Miami game if you show up. LOL

Sorry just getting into good weather mode. Love this guy!

162. Rhino says:

Dwight Howard’s new FB photo:

Wyoming, I’ll take the one in the bikini 🙂

Looks like The Warriors are gonna win this one

Affanculo

Congrats GiovanniDoh and rinocerante!

Miami Herald

Dolphins WR Rishard Matthews is skipping team workouts and instead training with free agent QB Brady Quinn.
    After Miami’s revamping of its receiving corps, Matthews is left disgruntled and wants to be traded or waived. He’s skipping all team activities and working out on his own. Unfortunately for Matthews, he’s inexpensive ($660,000 salary), which makes it easy for the Dolphins to carry him as their No. 5 receiver. A big slot receiver at 6’/215, Matthews would at best bring back a late-round pick.
    ___________________________
    Who’s this kid’s advisor…dumb dumb move. Work out with Tannehill you idiot. Brady Quinn is going NOWHERE!