A Look at Our Safeties

#20 S – Reshad Jones 6’2” 215

CHICAGO, IL - OCTOBER 19:  Reshad Jones #20 of the Miami Dolphins runs with ball during the second quarter of a game against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field on October 19, 2014 in Chicago, Illinois.  (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

Reshad Jones was drafted by the Dolphins in 2010 in the 5th RD, pick# 163 overall.

Jones came to Miami as raw talent, a safety that took bad angles to plays, didn’t have a good motor, and took some plays off. In Jones’ last 2 years at Georgia, he had 5 INT’s as a Junior, and 4 INT’s as a Senior.

Jones established himself as a starter in 2011, playing in 15 games, starting 12 of them. He had 63 tackles (45 solo) 1 INT in ’11, 4 passes defensed and 2 sacks.

In 2012, Jones was a full time starter starting all 16 games, totaling 4 INT’s, 95 tackles (74 solo), 2 FF’s, 2 FR’s, 9 passes defensed and 1 sack. Very impressive breakout season for Reshad Jones. Jones was a 2nd team All-Pro Safety.

In 2013 as a starting safety, Jones again started every game and finished with 107 tackles (84 solo), 1 INT, 4 passes defensed, and 1.5 sacks.

Last year, Jones missed 4 games, starting 12 games, and racked up 80 tackles (70 solo), 3 INT’s, 1 FF, 7 passes defensed and 1 sack.

Overall, Jones has proven to be a quality NFL safety, one of the better Jeff Ireland picks. Reshad Jones is currently under contract until 2017.
______________________________________________

#25 S – Louis Delmas 5’11” 197

Louis Delmas

Louis Delmas was drafted in the 2nd RD, pick #33 overall in the 2009 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions. Delmas was an immediate starter in DET, starting and playing in 15 games in his rookie season. He mad a huge impact his rookie year, totaling 92 tackles (63 solo), 2 INT’s (1 for a TD) 1 FR (for a TD), and 8 passes defensed, along with a tackle for a Safety. Pretty impressive!

In 2014, the Dolphins picked up Delmas as an Unrestricted Free Agent. Delmas played in 13 games last season, starting 12. He finished the year with 60 tackles (49 solo), 1 INT (for a TD), 3 passes defensed, 2 FR’s, and 1 sack. Decent production, and if Delmas can stay healthy, he’ll likely be the starter at one of the safety spots. In the Coyle scheme of defense, we don’t really play with a strong and free safety, basically just different sides of the field.

The key with Delmas is his health. He’s missed games in Detroit, playing only 11 games in 2011, only 8 games in 2012. He missed 3 games last year. The Dolphins likely will have a contingency plan if Delmas is not healthy.
______________________________________________

#35 S – Walt Aikens 6’1” 205

Walt Aikens

Walt Aikens was drafted in the 4th RD of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins, pick #125 overall.

Aikens played both CB and S in College, playing ball at both Illinois and then transferring to Liberty College.

Aikens figures to be very much in the mix for the spot opposite Jones. My thought is that if Delmas is healthy, he’ll start, but if not, Aikens will be in the competition to grab that job.

Aikens played in 15 games last season, mostly on ST’s, but did get some action at CB and S. He had 16 tackles (14 solo), 1 INT, and 1 pass defensed.
______________________________________________

#44 S Jordan Kovacs 5’10” 205

Jordan Kovacs

Jordan Kovacs was signed by the Dolphins as a Undrafted Free Agent in 2013. He was placed on the Dolphins practice squad in 2013. He was then released by the Dolphins at the end of training camp in 2014 and picked up by the Philadelphia Eagles, and placed on their practice squad. The Dolphins signed Kovacs off the Eagles practice squad and placed him on the 53 man Dolphins roster.

In 2014, Kovacs appeared in 8 games, making 7 tackles (6 solo).

Kovacs will be in the competition for a roster spot. Depending upon how many DB’s we carry, Kovacs could end up in a numbers crunch.
______________________________________________

#31 S Michael Thomas 5’11” 201

Michael Thomas celebrates after making a game saving interception.

Michael Thomas was signed as an Undrafted Free Agent by the San Francisco 49ers in 2012. Thomas was released by the 49ers in 2013, and then signed as an Unrestricted Free Agent by the Dolphins in 2013.

He’s best known for the final game of the 2013 season against the New England Patriots, where he first broke up a pass while defending Danny Amendola on a late 4th QTR drive, and then intercepted Tom Brady a play later in the endzone to seal the victory for the Dolphins. To this point, Thomas has been mostly a special teams player. He appeared in 8 games in 2014, starting 2, after Louis Delmas was hurt. Michael Thomas will definitely be in the competition for the starting job opposite Reshad Jones as well.
______________________________________________

#31 S Cedric Thompson 6’0” 208

DAVIE, FL - MAY 8: Cedric Thompson #41 of the Miami Dolphins catches the ball during the rookie minicamp on May 8, 2015 at the Miami Dolphins training facility in Davie, Florida. (Photo by Joel Auerbach/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Cedric Thompson

Cedric Thompson was drafted in the 5th RD of the 2015 NFL Draft, pick #150 overall.

Thomas played his college career at Minnesota under the scrutiny of our own blogger Randy. While Randy wasn’t particularly impressed with Cedric’s college career, this is what he accomplished. In 2014, Thompson totaled 83 tackles (51 solo), 2 INT’s, 2 FF’s, and 2 passes defensed.

Cedric Thompson did not participate at the NFL combine, but performed well at his pro day. Thompson ran a 4.48 40, a 6.96 cone drill, a very impressive 40.5 vertical and tremendous 10’2” broad jump, and put up 21 reps of 225lbs. This kid is definitely an athlete. He has the size and athleticism, and I was also touched by what he said in his interview on miamidolphins.com. Here is an excerpt from that interview.

To be honest, I don’t think the Dolphins would have drafted me if they hadn’t met me. My tape speaks for itself, but you have to really know me to understand what my mission is and what I want to accomplish in the NFL and in life. When they watched my film, they saw that I was a great tackler. But I put the cherry on top when they met me and found out how hard I will work to be a great player, on and off the field. And of course I know that there are a lot of things that I need to work on.

I’ve overcome a lot of challenges – from childhood to my teenage years to the man I’ve become now – by working with the cards that were dealt to me and by never looking back and regretting it. I always fought through it and knew that I had a purpose, a dream and a goal that I wanted to reach…and I was going to do whatever it took to get there. And that’s why I’m able to adapt to any environment or situation that I’m in because I’ll do whatever it takes to reach my goals.

I want the Dolphins organization, the fans and my teammates to know that I am going to do everything I can to help the team win games. And I will do everything I can for this team, for this family. I believe that relationships are something that will last a lifetime. I’ll always have the backs of those guys in the locker room, today and 20 years down the line. I’m a rookie, I’m observing and I have some great vets to learn from. And I’m going to work my butt off, on and off the field, no matter what. I’m going to give this team all that I have.

I have to admit that after reading those things, I’m pulling for the kid to make the roster and maybe get a shot at starting if he really shows something.
______________________________________________

#37 S Sammy Seamster 6’0” 200

Sammy Seamster

Sammy Seamster was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Baltimore Ravens in 2014. The Dolphins signed Sammy Seamster off their practice squad and put him on the 53 man roster, as required by the NFL. Seamster appeared in 2 games for the Dolphins last season.

Seamster played his college ball at Middle Tennessee St.
He will be fighting for a roster spot to stay on the Dolphins.
______________________________________________

#32 S Shamiel Gary  6’0″ 205

Jan 3, 2014; Arlington, TX, USA; Oklahoma State Cowboys safety Shamiel Gary (7) during the game against the Missouri Tigers in the 2014 Cotton Bowl at AT&T Stadium. Missouri won 41-31. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports

Shamiel Gary was signed by the Chicago Bears in 2014 as an undrafted free agent. He played his college career at Oklahoma St. Gary was released by the Bears, and the Dolphins signed him as an unrestricted free agent. Gary played his first 2 years of college at Wyoming. We’ll have ask Wyo if he’s seen this kid play. Right now, Gary is at the back end of the depth chart, which means he’s got some work to do to make the roster.
______________________________________________

#38 S Don Jones 5’11” 195

Dec 22, 2013; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Jerry Hughes (55) looks to block Miami Dolphins strong safety Don Jones (36) at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

Don Jones was drafted in the 7th RD by the Miami Dolphins in the 2013 NFL Draft, pick #250 overall, just a few picks away from being Mr. Irrelevant.

Jones was a good ST’s for the Dolphins in 2013, but was cut in 2014. He was infamous for his anti-Michael Sam quote after the draft regarding Michael Sam his boyfriend after being notified he was drafted by the St. Louis Rams.

Jones was picked up by the Patriots, and then released, and then picked up once again by the Dolphins.

Jones is speedy player, ran a 4.40 40 at his pro day, along with an outstanding 10’7” broad jump. Jones will need to pout that athleticism on the field in order to obtain a roster spot here in MIA. He’s been here before, but he’s also been cut before. He has his work cut out for him.
______________________________________________

Overall, it comes down to the health and availability of veteran Louis Delmas. If he’s not healthy,  I wouldn’t be shocked if Delmas ended up on the PUP or even IR if he’s not. If Delmas isn’t available, then it opens the door for not only another roster spot, but also gives the opportunity for someone to step up and take the starting position opposite Reshad Jones. I know Tim loves Walt Aikens, and also know that D-bolt and Son love Michael Thomas. Those 2 guys would likely have the inside track, but since this is like a horse race, I like Cedric Thompson to burst to the outside, and overtake those 2 guys, and end up in the starting spot. I know he’s a long shot, but long shots are more fun to root for!

This entry was posted in SCOUTING REPORTS. Bookmark the permalink.

232 Responses to A Look at Our Safeties

Jones and Delmas are the clear starters. I would like to see Aikens step up this season; it would be nice to find Delmas’ eventual replacement already on our roster.

Man I need to get me some of whatever Son was taking yesterday! 🙂

3. naplesfan2010 says:

Safety is a position on our team that I have a lot of questions about. There is no one who was a star in college or a highly sought draft pick. We might need to spend a first or 2nd round pick here in 2016.

I kind of think we might spend high picks on defense next year
      S, CB, LB and DE

I won;t know our weakest until this season plays out

4. naplesfan2010 says:

In that sense it is the weakest on the team. Our starters might be the lowest draft picks as a position group of any. We have a 5th rounder backed up by a 7th rounder, a 5th round rookie, and a UDFA. On the other side, we have a frequently injured 2nd rounder we got as basically a “cut” FA backed up by a 4th who came from a tiny school after failing at a big school and 3 UDFAs.

5. naplesfan2010 says:

On the other hand Reshad was underestimated coming out of college and a hard hitter who has shown a knack for jumping routes and scoring pick sixes. Delmas is very athletic and a good guy to keep things loose in the locker room, who also has shown good TD production from the safety spot.

6. naplesfan2010 says:

Plus we have the “Three Heroes” in Thomas for his game-winning INT of the Whiner, Ced for his inspirational life story overcoming obstacles, and Don Jones whose slashing hits caused a fumble on STs that helped us win a game.
    We also have good speed in that group, considering safeties are usually slower than CBs. They also have good muscle in this group with Ced benching 21 reps.

But still, no stars. No one close to the Top 100. No sure ProBowl guy. No dependable game changer.

Naples

You can say the same for our LB corps, not having any real top players. Misi was a high 2nd RD pick, but hasn’t played like it, Jenkins was a 4th RD pick, and is playing above that, and McCain was undrafted, and he will definitely have to play above that if he’s going to be the starter. I don’t think it really matters. It seems safeties, unless you’re an elite prospect, get drafted later.

Good stuff Mike E
    Thanks for putting together these lists

You look at those names and nothing really jumps out at you

You can’t have top 100 players in every group. The best teams have 5-7. We have three right now and I see Tannehill joining that group with probably Pouncey joining him. That’s 5. We need to make sure we replace guys like Wake and Grimes effectively while adding where we can but I think we are looking pretty solid overall.

• naplesfan2010 says:

very true but I think DB is an position with game-changing possibilities, either against you or for you. I agree with you that our safeties will not lose us any games. That is good. So i am not concerned with this position this year. With Reshad aging and his contract coming up though, we might need to address this in the 2016 or 2017 draft, especially with Delmas hurt so much.

What do you mean Reshad aging, he’s 27, and his contract has 2 yrs left, that’s an eternity in the NFL. You’ve had some strange comments today.

Good stuff, Mike E.

I think Aikens and Thomas will be the guys who play the most behind Jones and Delmas. I could see Thompson being the guy they want to develop because he’s an athlete but needs to refine his cover skills.

It will be fun watching how the entire secondary pans out. There’s lots of competition at CB too.

We might have to spend a high pick on the O-line, depending on how these guys fare this year. LB, CB and S are also possibilities.

Think we use a high pick on OL despite how they play. I think there is little to no way we won’t be looking at OT in day one next year. Only thing I think stops that is some other position jumping to the front if the line, like maybe DE if the decide to move past Wake

To put it more simply. Right now I’m looking at OT DE and a little at DB prospects with first round grades.

To add to my LB post, Kelvin Sheppard was a 3rd RD pick.

Brian I don’t see delmas as clear starter, I see him as probable right now but that’s only because he has starting experience and even though all reports are that Aiken’s has played very well I’m not sure they have locked him in. I believe if he continues to play well through training camp we may see him as day 1 starter but even in a worst case scenario I kind of expect him to be there maybe even as early as game after bye week.

14. naplesfan2010 says:

I agree Tim, but CB to me is in better shape with Grimes, a guy who has already been to the ProBowl and been ranked in the Top 100 even though he is aging as well. I did not attribute his perceived drop-off in production last year as a sign of losing a step. in fact i think it was because we got less and less QB pressure as the season went on, so that by the Decker Fiasco, those poor CBs of ours had to cover for a half hour back there while Wake tried to get loose from a triple team with Starks and Odrick trading hits off the Oxygen mask. Plus I think we have Brent’s replacement in Lippett and much higher draft choices and back-ups on the other side and in the slot.

Jones isn’t really aging, he’s in his prime at 27 years old. Grimes on the other hand will be turning 32 next month. I think we already have our replacement for Delmas if he’s not 100% in Aikens or Thomas. I know their body of work is limited but both guys have impressed the coaches, they’re young and ascending.

I like Bobby McCain in the mix as well to replace Grimes (not this year) because they’re very similar in stature and athletic ability. Grimes is also McCain’s favorite player. He wore #21 in college. 🙂

I agree that it’s likely that OT and DE will be at the top of our offseason next year. But I’ll focus on that next year. LOL

You know i cant leave scouting alone lol. It also helps me see who the dominant teams will be in the CFB world, so its a bonus.

16. naplesfan2010 says:

D
    So you think Albert is never going to come back at OT?
    I am a little surprised to have to think of replacing a proBowl First Round Draft pick. Even if he drops off a bit, I think there are other positions in more dire need.

He should be back this year, nobody really knows how soon but most reports have said his rehab has gone well, we’ll see.

17. naplesfan2010 says:

I meant to say that the CONTRACT of Jones is aging, not so much the player. If he has 2 PB seasons, we might not be able to afford him for his next contract.

Naples

Albert already has a bad back, and now he has a suspect knee. I hope he regains his form, and can be a good player for a long time, but I’d definitely want to have someone ready to step in if he’s not the same player he was, or not even close.

Drango Unchained? lol

Jeremy Tunsil is my current favorite OT prospect.Im sure it might change over course of the year but right now that guys looks like a beast. Only issue i would see is being in a position to draft him without having to sell the farm to trade up and get him.

Im kinda in this same boat, i think we need to be prepared for him to be gone very soon. I dont feel his physical health is such that he will last much longer. I agree his ability level is still there, and if his health was otherwise good i wouldn’t think it would be necessary to take a first round guy, but without a full year of healthy play, im going to think next year is a OT year.

Mike E, I don’t think Albert has a chronic back issue, that injury he had with the Chiefs was a contusion in the back area, not a spinal issue.

20. naplesfan2010 says:

I know nothing about Tunsil, but Drango is projected to go to OG in the pros. I do not want a guy at LT who is considered too stiff or slow. If we are going to go for a 1st round LT, he can’t be like Jake Long who was so stiff as to be brittle. And we can’t take a guy there who is not a can’t miss starting LT in the NFL.

I doubt grimes is on the team in 2016. He faded last year at the end of season and really got schooled by bigger WRs specially in the packers game. Hi missed a huge tackle against nelson in that last drive. He makes that tackle we win that game.

But as it turned out, KC didn’t re-sign him though, did they? lol

Other guy mentioned Alexander is a beast too, there are several good prospects, i just think currently Tunsil is the best even with his previous injury.

Tunsil’s injury wasnt to a pivot part of his body. He had a leg fracture, which heal pretty easily and well, and very little cause of concern in re-injury. Id be more concern if it was ligament based.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I just saw that. That’s pretty scary

Fuck that place, i wouldnt be near the water there. I love the idea of visiting Australia but its a pretty deadly place. Saltwater crocs, funnel web spiders, 7 of the top 10 deadliest snakes are in Austrailia, Dingos, Box Jellyfish, they have a species of honeybees that are among the deadliest in the world, a really small jellyfish breed that is more deadly than the box jellies, and less detectable. They even have seas snails that have stings that one is deadly enough to kill 10 or more adults. Several varieties of very deadly poisonous fish. Its a freaking madhouse of deadly shit.

LMAO so true. I saw a list of deadly creatures and out the 20+ they listed like 3/4 of them from Australia. Even kangaroos will kick the shit out of you. LOL

If Albert goes the year with goo health i still think a day 1 or 2 pick goes to an OT to develop behind him, and if so maybe we do go DE in the first, or maybe S. Part of it depends on the year we have, part depends on the condition of the players we have in those positions, but OT is the think heaviest on my mind as far as “if we lose our guy there, we are fucked” kind of thought. Next time he goes down, i would bet you money its going to be the last time too.

LOL @ D and Tim. I think that’s why it seems native Australians are so rugged. It’s rough outside.

Nice break down Mike E. Little concerned you are talking about Delmas possibly going IR. I figure we wouldn’t have resigned him if that was true. Maybe not opening day ready, but not out the first six.

And I’m hating we have a Thomas and a Thompson at the same position. BTW that and the McCain triplets have a feeling I’ll be talking about one guy when I mean another a lot this season.

Don’t be concerned. I think we kind of signed him knowing he may not be healthy. I don’t know anything at all that says he won’t be ready.

D — Australia is an absolutely fantastic place. Only one I’ve been too were I said myself “yeah I could live here just as happily as in the USA.” And you should see the ladies. Got a pinched nerved in my neck from all the head turning.

I have know quite a few very beautiful Aussie women, and some that….well lets just say..not so much, more hair than i have on my body and face to go with it. I assume there is little middle ground with Aussie women.

All I can tell you is what I saw when I was there. What struck me was nine out of ten were in the “hittable” range. Not like there were that many more stunners, but almost every one walking down the street was one you could see as your girlfriend.

My sonny just texted to me to let me know he got a 2190 on his SAT exam. Good boy! Sad thing is, these days, that doesn’t mean all that much.

I guess thats a combined number? If i remember correctly back in the day they had 2 sections and max score you could get was 800 for either section and when i took it there were only two. A lot has changed since then though because i have heard now they let them use calculators etc. so they probably have added other categories as well.

Mike E, no that suit isn’t shark proof, you have to go into one of these as well.

Looking it up it looks like there is a third section now, 2400 is the max score, 800 for each section and average score for all three sections would be about 1500, so ounds like he did pretty well against others.

Am I missing something? If max score is 2400, how could 2190 be anything other than awesome? Seems that would be like a 1400+ when the max was 1600.

It’s so competitive now, that even with a score like that, he may still not get into some schools.

Thats ridiculous. He obviously is the perfect candidate for getting into a school. I have issue with the perfect score people, you have to question the rounding of that person, and how able they will able to be to cope with the transition to college life.

I averaged just over 700 on each section when it was a two section, his is about same so im going to say your son is a genius 🙂 lol

BB in a few – gotta grab lunch

The middle 50% of the entering freshman class at Harvard last year got between 2100 and 2350 on the SAT. Mike E’s kid got 2190. I’d say that’s pretty darn good.

Does snobbery have anything to do with it?

I agree its a really good score, im just shocked to hear that its limiting his chances… Any school that wouldnt take a guy with a score that high is pretty exclusive and not in a good way imo.

D — I have noticed that scores have creeped up. I was well above the average for my class at my school, but after some years what I got (before this new 2400 scoring) was the average. Not sure if it is an easier test, prepping for it, or what. Pretty sure the kids aren’t smarter these days though.

Speaking of those cages up there. Did any of you ever get into the Lords of Acid music group? I really liked them for a time and went to a few of their concerts…. Shit was a freak show most the time but seemed like really only the hot ones turned out for the concerts. I actually went to a few expecting to be scarred at what i saw but always left wanting to go to another one lol.

I never heard of them. When I saw the girls dancing in those cages at the Limelight I went to see Saigon Kick which was a cool 90s hard rock/metal band.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 7m7 minutes ago

If NFL/NFLPA determine a violation occurred with Butler, Belichick can be fined $100k and the #Patriots $250k as first-time offenders
    ——————————
    Funny to hear the Pat referred to as first time offenders….lol I mean yeah for each thing they violate its the first time they have violated THAT rule…but common you have to start looking at the big picture and the accumulations of violations too. Sheesh…first violation…..

Yeah, after only robbing a store, stealing a car, mugging an old lady just, he then murdered someone, but that’s only his first time. LOL

Just recently, a kid that graduated from the same Science and Engineering program as my son, got a 2400, had an A average, which in that program due to all the AP classes gave him a 5.0 GPA, and he’s a well rounded kid, a black belt in karate who teaches karate, and he didn’t get into Princeton. It’s crazy competitive out there now.

I don’t see how anyone gets in then? It’s got to be bias and knowing someone.

• New Age says:

Complete bias now. Read the story of that girl who lied about getting into both Harvard and Yale. Pressured by a system that expects so much but doesn’t really prepare them at all. Isn’t that crazy? All that time, effort and money, and these schools don’t ensure some kind of placement?

D says:
    June 25, 2015 at 12:40 pm

that is exactly what ken said about my basement

mike e

that is cause Princeton is a racist organization. if he had a white belt he would have gotten in

I completely agree, but it’s there, and it’s real. I’m not saying he won’t get into some schools that he wants to go to, but if it’s an Ivy League or even Ivy League caliber, it’s just very difficult to get into these days. It may help him get some scholarship money in a lesser school though.

Just don’t get how scoring a perfect score still doesn’t get you in?

Think the year I took it there were like 38 kids in the whole country who scored perfect. Seems times have changed.

They take only a certain amount of kids say from a state, or from an area of a state, and then that’s it. It’s bizarre, but it works something like that. Years ago, you scored a perfect score on your SAT, you wrote your ticket to almost any school you wanted. Perhaps due to all the prep classes they have now, it’s devalued it. Shame, because my son didn’t even take one.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer · 1h1 hour ago
    Thank you @VSSportOfficial for our new training gear!! #TrainLikeAnAngel

oooohhhh to be indoor carpeting

Rob

I doubt any of them have indoor carpeting . . . .

Mike E — he’s going to get into a fine school. And in some ways going to one where you aren’t lumped in with all the OCD alpha high achievers is a plus. Mine turned that way while I was there cause it started to hit the top of the US News Rankings rankings for colleges (as opposed to universities)……so it became a target for kids like that. The new wave was uptight.

Plus you go to a school out of that scene and it’s a lot easier to get a high class rank cause people are doing something other than cramming for the next test.

Hope so Stanger. He really doesn’t have a preference at the moment, but I’m sure things will clear up in the next few months. It’s funny, he’s said he doesn’t want to go on a lot of college tours, he wants to just pick a school, and do it like that.

Encourage you to make him do visits. Would you buy a home without doing a walk through?

My source just verified that there is no indoor carpeting

wtf, cant you guys read. no one asked if they had carpeting.

I read that earlier. Good to hear. He must have been hanging out with Dion Fuckface too much last season.

It sounds like he’s admitting to being a bit naive about learning how to be a pro and he realized it hurt him.

Hopefully he becomes the hybrid defender we envisioned Fuckface being.

June 25, 2015 at 1:59 pm

In the next life FFR wants to be a long strip of carpet where cheerleaders practice. LOL

wtf makes you think i want another life. and besides if i have to come back in another life i want to be you.

NFL.com has Suh as the 24th best player in the league. You want to drool…..just watch while you hear what some of the guys who have played against him have to say.

That would be something, huh? One guy you trade up to the #3 pick from #12, and the other you pick up as an undrafted free agent.

It’s the perfect storm to move on from the bust. Except for the loss of a 2nd, it would be like it never happened. 🙂

I was thinking that too, but then it dawned on me that we would have had a nice player at #12 too.

Anyone see the movie Firewall with Harrison Ford? Great thriller/action film. I just caught it last night.

I’m pretty sure he had a few drinks yesterday, probably some today too. LOL

Stanger, I can’t watch the video now, but here’s the litmus configuration.

Great scene but that was fair. We are talking Midnight Run and not Axel Foley going “Get the F out of here!”

LOL

I love the description of the last guy who passed a $20 bill being totally off and they say that’s our man, that’s him. LOL

Think Charles Grodin is seriously underrated. He’s like one of those guys you’ll have to say he’s great and then explain who he is to the younger generation.

I think Charles Clay has a really down year, but at least he got his pockets filled.
    Buffalo’s QB situation isn’t good at all, plus they’ll be a heavy run team with Rexy, plus on passing downs Watkins will command a lot of targets, then you got Harvin & Woods.
    Clay will be lucky to get 40 Rec & 3-4TD’s…IMO.

I agree he didn’t pick the best team to go to. With all those weapons he will find himself in the open field like he did with us though.

He at least wasn’t worth the money. Great player, but for those bucks you have to either be an all phase TE or a guy who gets doubled.

How ’bout just a TE, he’s more of a FB/H-Back, when teams wanted to take him out of the game it was done fairly easily. He got fed when no one covered him. I think they’ll miss Scott Chandler around the goal line. Clay will get some, but he’s not worth what they paid him.

The Jests will be run heavy too with Chan Gailey as OC. Good thing we got Suh, Mosley, & Phillips to add to Mitchell.

I noticed a brutal 3 consecutive game road stretch from late Oct into Nov.
    @ NE, @ Buf, @ Philly…then finally home for Dallas….a brutal 1/4 of the season right there got to go no worse than .500 those 4 games.

Been saying all along our offseason moves were directly related to our division opponents and where we struggled last year. We do not want to be run on like that again. It messes up the entire defense.

Yup, I concur….nice to see some solid GM work these days with our personnel.

Now it’s all up to Philbin & some young players stepping up.

#NoMoreExcuses

Stanger, agree on Charles Grodin. I liked his talk show back in the day too.

Charles Grodin was great in the movie “Seems Like Old Times”. He is a very good character actor.

Charles Grodin has a great dry humor.

GD, I agree it’s time for this team to become a playoff team. Take that next step and at least make it. That way the only bashing of the team will be when we lose in the playoffs and then the “we’ll never win a super bowl with these clowns” will start up. But I’ll take it. LOL

Nice write up on our Safeties. I see lots of potential with that group but lots of questionmarks. too.

Mike E:
    Good call on Seems like Old Times. Great movie. Very underrated.

I always enjoy seeing that movie. Chevy Chase of course is great too in that move, but not as good as Aurora’s Chicken Pepperoni. lol

And Grodin absolutely nailed it in Heaven Can Wait. There’s a movie I haven’t seen in a while and should again.

Got me too look up my favorite moment in that flick…and will note how the money has changed.
    —————
    Former owner: He got my team. The son of a bitch got my team.
    Advisor to former owner: What kind of pressure did he use, Milt?
    Former owner: All I asked was sixty-seven million, and he said “okay.”
    Advisor to former owner: Ruthless bastard.

Mike E:
    I went to a restaurant one time that had on the menu “Aurora’s Chicken Pepperoni” I am trying to remember where it was and I have also seen recipes on line for it as well.

Was ‘Seems Like Old Times’ the movie where Chevy Chase is framed for a murder?

Mike,
    It’s become increasing more difficuly to get into schools in your own state over the last decade. The schools can charge a lot more for out of state tuition (see Quinnipiac) and only take a certain amount from the home state. I hear you about the perfect SAT scores, but they would rather take someone with a 2300 who they think will be a better fit for their school. I’m sure the “who you know ” factor comes into play as well.

Stanger

I felt bad for Max, because he couldn’t understand why Jarrett didn’t know him. I always found that very sad. Max looked so disappointed.

SparkRecipes is powered by

Total Fat: 10.4 g
    Cholesterol: 79.1 mg
    Sodium: 334.5 mg
    Total Carbs: 8.6 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
    Protein: 31.6 g

View full nutritional breakdown of Aurora’s Chicken Pepperoni calories by ingredient
    Report Inappropriate Recipe

Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

4 (6-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breasts (8 breast halves)
    3 tbsp olive oil
    ½ cup bread crumbs
    1 tsp dried oregano
    ½ tsp garlic powder
    Salt
    freshly ground pepper
    16 oz can chopped tomatoes
    1 tsp sugar
    1 tsp dried oregano
    ½ tsp dried basil
    ½ tsp garlic powder
    2 oz pepperoni, sliced in thin rounds (8 slices)
    ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pound the chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/2-inch thickness. In a shallow skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the oregano and garlic powder. Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground pepper. Coat the chicken breasts with the bread crumbs. Saute in the olive oil until browned, about 4 minutes each side. Remove the chicken cutlets to a baking dish. Set aside. In a saucepan, combine the tomato, sugar, oregano, basil, and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the baking pan. Place the slices of pepperoni on top of each cutlet. Sprinkle the tops with cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until the cheese melts and just begins to brown. Yield: 8 servings

Serving Size: 8 servings

Number of Servings: 8

Love this scene when Eddie enters the scene. Look at Clark’s face. He ruins his own fantasy. LMAO!!!

Very funny interaction. Made me literally laugh out loud.

Colmes is a weird looking dude. Kind of like if a turtle and a praying mantis mated. LOL

LOL, good analogy. Hannity has since gotten away from his goofy ass.
        But I loved how Grodin cut it up with both guys, was funny stuff.

GD, I couldn’t listen to it at this time.

I’m going to the Mets game this Sunday, and I tell my wife this past Monday, I would love to see Matt Harvey pitch, or Jacob deGrom, or Syndergaard. The guy I least want to see pitch is Jon Niese. BINGO! Jon Niese is pitching. WTF!

At least they’re home because right now on the road they are brutal to watch. It’s not fun when they don’t even compete.

Hope they finally get a Win for ya when you go. 😉

Thanks. Yeah Tim, they have been killing me, I’ve watched the majority of these games where they can’t buy a hit with men in scoring position. It’s painful to watch them now.

Sources tell Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole that contract-year QB Russell Wilson is looking to become the highest-paid player in the NFL.
    It’s not a surprise. In the prime of his career, Wilson is coming off back-to-back Super Bowl appearances, as well as by far his best season. It would be more noteworthy if he was starting negotiations below the “highest-paid” threshold. Going by average-annual value, Aaron Rodgers is the league’s top-paid player. His five-year, $110 million deal is worth $22 million per season.
    __________________________
    Let Seattle blow all that money.

In fact Seattle has nowhere to go but down now to a degree.
    Tannehill is opposite, he & Miami has nowhere to go but UP! 🙂

Braves are struggling too. No power in the line up, they have to try and manufacture runs, the starting pitching is good, but the middle relief, the bullpen is about the worst ERA in baseball. It’s a wonder they are still hovering around .500.

GDP – Gotcha. I guess he’s back in more ways than one.

June 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm

right!!! wtf. now let that teach you to talk to your wife again.

‘Let Seattle blow all that money.
    Once Lynch is gone (soon) and that defense comes back to earth (Dan Quinn is gone now), then I think Wilson will find life a bit tougher in the NFL.’

gdp

i so agree with you here. i hope they pay him a boat load, make him the highest paid qb ever. it is total bs to give a qb all the credit for wins and he is a perfect example. 4 ints in the champ. game and the only reason they won is their def kept holding gb to fgs and some idiot couldnt hold on to an easy onside kick. but go ahead and pay the average midget.

LOL @ FFR

That would be a big fail for Turner & Hickey that drafted him in the 3rd.
      But, I say not so fast here. The pads haven’t even come on yet, and that is where Turner gets to really show his strength.
      I think it’s Turner’s job to lose, not the other way around as the article suggests.

The reason I think Linkenbach and other get looks with the 1’s is to know where they’ll best fit incase of injury. Brenner got looks @ C too if you remember.

Training camp & preseason games will reveal a lot….stay tuned.

Not sure if he’s right, but seems like most folks here think he’s the better of the two, between him and D.Thomas.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree with him that unless Turner shows that he’s a lot better than Linkenbach, he won’t get the job. I think the coaches will go with the safer bet to start the season if its close.

I was checking out Safety prospects for next year, and I noticed that Kenny Iloka, (Cincinnati Bengals S George Iloka’s younger brother) will be a Senior. He’s not quite as big as his big bro, George is about 6’4″, but he’s 6’2″ 210, not exactly small.

Could be better than his brother. 6’4 seems a bit too tall for a S when it comes to change of direction & flipping the hips.

Could be. He’s ranked 33 out of 33 by Walter Football, but a good Senior year could change that. I like Iloka, I think he’s a good player for the Bengals.

GDP – Seems a lot of teams are looking for that big safety to cover both TE’s and those big tall WR’s.

LETS GO METS! deGrominating performance shutting out the Brew Crew 2-0.

Wait until TC for depth charts, these sports pundits still act like guys shuffling around is telling and it’s not. The pads haven’t come on yet.

NBA Draft at the top of the hour.

Since Coyle doesn’t like to start rookies, Cedric and Jordan don’t figure to be starting this yr, at least early. No telling what happens toward the end of the season.

Not sure Thompson would be ready to start but I do think Phillips will be in the rotation.

I also don”t think it’s about not liking to start rookies, but starting guys worthy of it. Which defensive rookies should have started since this coaching staff has been here? I can’t think of one. That said a few of them have played as rookies.

I can’t think of one either, but this yr we could be surprised by one of the 5th rounders McCain or Lippett.

Steve, that would be a pleasant surprise with Lippett and McCain but let’s see more before we make too much of a deal about them in OTAs.

Remember James Pruitt the WR we had years ago? That dude would kill it in the PS and then disappear in the RS.

The other McCain (Brice) will be tough to unseat as the nickel corner.

Agreed. He’s a proven NFL player and only 28. Also a former 6th rd pick so you do find guy like that later in the draft.

I would love to see Lippett at least as a part of the rotation of CB’s. I’d really like to see him earn a starting job, and with the group we have, I wouldn’t be totally shocked, unless Jamar Taylor manages to stay fully healthy.

I would love to see the competition be fierce and make the coaches have a hard time making decisions. If healthy I think the nod will go to Taylor because he has talent and has flashed when he’s been on the field. I’m rooting for him as I liked him the draft.

I think a healthy Taylor would have a leg up on Lippett, but if Lippett keeps showing those ball skills when the pads go on, he may be tough to stave off.

Lakers go with PG D’Angelo Russell. I’ve heard a lot of the NY radio stations liking him. Most likely the Knicks will take Mudiay now with Russell gone.

Okafor to the Sixers.

Emmanuel Mudiay, come on down . . . . .

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Kristaps Porzingis PF to the Knicks. I should have listened when Phil Jackson recently said in an interview that we have no true big men.

I don’t know enough about the NBA or the guys in the draft other than the little I’ve seen and heard, but they say Porzingis is a really good shooting big man.

The Knicks aren’t turning this thing around in a year anyway so my guess is they’re redoing their roster and developing talent. Not a lot of 7-2 guys around.

They say he’s soft inside (think Shawn Bradley) and has the biggest bust potential. The Zen Master isn’t doing the Knicks any favors.

Mike E, I have no problem with any of the guys we have in the secondary starting, whoever the best group is what we need. We might not be a great secondary, but I think we’ll be solid and deeper this year.

Hey Mike have you seen the year Justin Turner is having in LA at 3B?
    .323 10 35

I saw him play once, and he was doing well, but it was a while ago. That’s impressive, and I always liked that kid.

PhinsPhocus.com ‏@Phins_Phocus · 8h8 hours ago
    The Miami Herald reports Ryan Tannehill has been throwing a better deep ball this offseason. ( via @Rotoworld_FB )

PhinsPhocus.com ‏@Phins_Phocus · 8h8 hours ago
    “Ryan is way better than last year, and more of a leader,” were the words of TE Dion Sims. ( via @Rotoworld_FB )

PhinsPhocus.com ‏@Phins_Phocus · 8h8 hours ago
    Per reporter Barry Jackson, Tannehill’s teammates have been “effusive” in their praise of his offseason ( via @Rotoworld_FB )

94. naplesfan2010 says:

Wyo
    good to know.

Same sex marriage thing just passed, so a bunch of you guys can stop living your lives of lie and marry who you want now. 🙂