Let’s Camp

Dolphins Open 2015 Training Camp

The Dolphins are Camping!

The players have reported to start the 2015 season in earnest. The players arrived Wednesday 7/29 to open training camp. Devonte Parker will start his first NFL season on the PUP list meaning he could be activated anywhere from now until the 6th game of the year. All indications are that this is precautionary and he will be ready for week 1 of the season in Washington. Also added to the PUP list was S Don Jones.

Today will be the first practice session made available to the public although the players will not be in pads. Teams must be in camp for 3 days before the pads come on per the CBA.

Miami Dolphins 2015 Public Training Camp Schedule

All Practices at Doctors Hospital Training Facility – Davie, FL unless noted.

8 a.m. – Thursday, July 30
8 a.m. – Tuesday, Aug. 11
*1:15 p.m. – Saturday, Aug. 15
8 a.m. – Sunday, Aug. 16
8 a.m. – Monday, Aug. 17

# Ocean Bank Field at FIU Stadium – Miami, FL
* Finatic Only Member Day

In other player related news the Dolphins signed 3 players and released one.

“The Miami Dolphins have signed free agent defensive tackle Calvin Barnett, free agent wide receiver Kai De La Cruz, free agent tackle Chris Martin and waived defensive tackle Ellis McCarthy it was announced today.”

Chris Martin being the first UCF player on the team that I can even think of maybe now or ever but I can’t be sure. Best of luck Chris.

Martin has been with several teams so far in his journey to enter the NFL finishing last season on the 49ers practice squad. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Texans following the 2014 draft. He will compete with the rest in the battle for the open Guard spots as well as for a back-up Tackle position.

The Dolphins also revealed what the throwback uniforms will look like for the December 14th Monday Nighter against the New York Giants

Nice looking uniform.

And there is grass at the newly renovated, badass looking stadium:

All we can say is best of luck to all of the players trying to make the 2015 Miami Dolphins. We wish you good health and all the best.

Suh is here, Everything is different now!

Enjoy it Dolphans!

This entry was posted in A Sonny Football Fantasy. Bookmark the permalink.

340 Responses to Let’s Camp

Holy Shit First !!

I smell football !!!! GO PHINS

Wondered if the wailing had started yet. Evan Mathis supposedly signing with the falcons. Maybe still in denial or just to inconsolable to type. I’ll check back later for what should be pretty interesting discussion lol

• manitobafinfan says:

We obviously did not feel the need for him.. Go benton!!

• dbolt48 says:

I’m a big fan of Jamil Douglas. If Dallas Thomas could convert to that LG I saw at Tennessee we could have a solid OL. I have a feeling Douglas beats him out though.

4. jetsssuck says:

ss dolphin quiz

Question 1: What did Joe Philbin ask defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle to do this offseason, and why?

Question 2: How many sacks did Dallas Thomas allow last season, and how many of them occurred at offensive guard?

Question 3: What is the significance of the number 992 in regards to the Dolphins’ 2014 season?

Question 4: Who is the Dolphins’ backup center?

Question 5: Name the two players being groomed to play the nickel cornerback spot?

Question 6: How many tailbacks that had over 75 carries rushed for more yards per attempt than Lamar Miller’s 5.1 average last season?

Question 7: Who is the Dolphins’ most consistent practice performer in recent years?

Question 8: How many winning Decembers have the Dolphins franchise produced in 25-years?

Question 9: How was Kenny Stills utilized in New Orleans?

Question 10: How many current Dolphins have been named to at least one Pro Bowl team? And name them.

• manitobafinfan says:

8- 13
      9- Outside receiver
      10- 8 Wake, Pouncey,Grimes, Albert,Jordan,Fields,Jennings,SUH

Simplify the defense
      7 and 0
      Rushing yards allowed
      Brenner until someone replaces him
      Bryce and Bobby McCain
      Landry
      Too few lol
      Slot receiver
      Wake pouncey suh Grimes Cameron albert

5. Try Pod says:

“..camp opens in earnest”- I’m thinking Ernest must be a big, BIG fella 😛

Manitoba; SOOO-O-O you’re up and on the board at 5:34 central time, eh?? –Seems like when Shula first got to Miami the boys in camp got up REAL early, too. Which raises one of my biggest questions for the coming season: will this group of Dolphins be THE BEST CONDITIONED TEAM IN THE NFL??? My instincts and my eyes have told me Miami has NOT been the best conditioned team the last few years, hence the tendency to fold late in key games and late in the season, especially in December, against teams we SHOULD BEAT (Bills, Jets, etc.). –It’s time for Philbin to come out publicly and state “this team absolutely will be the best conditioned team in the league, period!”

• manitobafinfan says:

Yo OD: Damn work phone calls will do that.. I think they took steps toward that with the hiring of Tannenbaum.. he supposedly is Big on the Science of conditioning .. Lets hope it makes a big difference in December.. i feel quite optimistic at this point.. and as Son would say .. Suh is Here, It’s All Different… (hope i got that right)..

I love the throwback uniforms, but does anyone else find it odd there are no logos on them?

They still look better (tougher?) than the new pastel colored uni’s.

• manitobafinfan says:

They are pretty Sweet.. We Need More Orange !!! i guess i will head to the office now.. hope we have full electricity and no technological glitches today.. later peeps.. TC IS HERE !!!!!

Bizarre evening at Citi Field last night. Mets fan give SS Wilmer Flores a standing ovation because it was being reported that he was being traded to the Brewers. Kid tears up and gets all emotional, and remains in the game as per Manager Terry Collins. As it turns out, the deal was nixed due to concerns about Carlos Gomez’ hip, so Flores is still a Met, and the Mets still need a bat. Seems the Mets are willing to pay, so I figure it will happen somehow, with Carlos Gonzalez, Gerardo Parra or Jay Bruce. Not sure we can count on d’Arnaud and Wright finishing out the season healthy.

• Brian in NY says:

That was bizarre. It would have been a good trade if Gomez was healthy, but his injuries have severely impacted his production this season.

Yeah it was bizarre. That’s an example of the new information age.

VROOOM
    VROOM

Get out of the way Dolphins bus coming through

Vroooooooooom

Good stuff Son,
    thanks for getting this up on training camp

ss dolphin quiz

Question 4: Who is the Dolphins’ backup center?

Question 9: How was Kenny Stills utilized in New Orleans?

1. Lather up
    2. 5 total but 0 at OG
    3. Philbin’s luggage lock passcode
    4. Sam brenner???
    5. McCain and Davis
    6. 1
    7. Landry?
    8. 15 (just a guess)
    9. deep threat but I think he was 3 on the depth chart
    10. wake, suh, R. jones, B Grimes, Pouncey, Albert, Jennings….that’s 7

How did I do?

Agree on Gomez. I would have been thrilled if he was on the Mets again, but not with medical issues. One of the 3 guys I mentioned before, Parra, CarGo or Bruce may be the guy. Be shocked if we stand pat now.

Read some Omar tweets.

LB Depth Chart:
    SOLB McCain/Paysinger
    MLB Misi/Sheppard
    WOLB Jenkins/Tripp

Safety Depth Chart:
    Jones/Thomas
    Delmas/Aikens

Some people are suggesting that Sheppard might be the MLB
      in that case Misi will move outside
      so it might be
      Misi – Sheppard – Jenkins
      starting for us
      if Misi stays healthy that might be a good combo

That’s not the way it is though. Maybe if the 1st team unit doesn’t pan out and we go with the best 3 LBs as the PS goes on.

I don;t know who Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report is
    but so far he is written a love memo to Mike Grimes and this POS piece on how the Patriots will reap revenge on the NFL in 2016

I have news for this guy, the rest of the NFL is furious at Kraft and the Patriots too

None of that will matter. It will just play out on the filed and the better teams will win
    but I cannot tolerate this kind of bs like they have a right to be made, they should be hanging their head in shame

here we go
    tweet posting time
    I won;t be able to sustain this all day
    but I will get it going

Mets loved Gomez, especially Minaya. He talked about him being a key piece roaming the outfield for a decade or more, but the Twins wanted him in the Santana trade. He was actually faster than Reyes, and a very good base stealer, as well as a great defensive outfielder. he never relly made the impact he was expected to make in MIN. He has really come on the last couple of years with the Brewers.

😦

Poor Timmy Streeter

Mike,
    At this pont, I would like to have Carlos Gonzalez, but I don’t to include Nimmo, Conforto, or Cecchini. We have a good, young core of players and I’m not willing to mess with that at this point, unless it’s for a proven star.

Same play

Mike,
    You have to start talking shit about more Mets players. You trashed Newenheis before he was called up, and he slammed 3 HRs in a game (only Mets player to do at home), last week you were trashing Duda, and he becomes only the second Mets player to ever hit 3 HRs at home!

Carlos Gonzalez is as good a player as you will find on the trade block. 25-30 HR guy with a .332 OBP, .275-320 batting average.

• Brian in NY says:

I’m greedy, and don’t want to give up the future!
      Also, something to make you angry: The Mets had to give up their 1st rounder to Colorado this season because of the Cuddyear signing.

Mike,
    There are some posts to you above. I don’t wan’t them to get lost in between all of M13’s, er, Piggy’s posts.

Too early to cut him?

Let’s go Douglas!!!

LOL @ Bri – I’m sure they read my stuff on a Dolphins blog. 🙂

These comments about things that happen in training camp are asinine. 1st day of camp, and Jamil Douglas has ousted Thomas, Fox is the LT, and Linkenback the RG. Yeah, OK. None of those guys will probably be starting, or at least I hope they won’t.

It matters!!!
      Out your overreacting pants on !
      Moore looks better than Tanny today
      A lets cut Tanny
      😀

Wants to reanswer trivia

I do think things like Sturgis missing fgs
    And receivers like Streeter dropping passes matters

There are defiantly things now that can have a huge affect on the preseason and who makes roster

Bri

If you want to get something, you have to give up something. I’m not worried about an outfield prospect. Who was the last great Mets outfield prospect that actually became a great player? I can name a bunch that didn’t. Alex Escobar, Lastings Milledge, Jay Payton, Alex Ochoa, etc. etc. etc. We’re in the thick of a pennant race, shame to waste this good pitching with a lineup that can’t score.

41. dbolt48 says:

@JamesWalkerNFL: #Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill is having a pretty good first day of training camp overall.
    @AbramsonPBP: That’s how practice ends — Bobby McCain intercepting Josh Freeman.

Piggy

It’s fun to read this stuff, but I think you take these things with a grain of salt. I don’t think Tommy Streeter had a fighters chance of making this roster anyway.

At least Duda seems to be coming around. He’s hit like 6 HRs in the last few games.

Okay. I just broke the jersey curse:
    #14 for me
    #11 for my son

Landry and Parker are going to have monster years!

Nice
      You guys will look really cool together in your WR jerseys

Personally I think I’m going to get a throwback Suh jersey if I can

• Brian in NY says:

They are on sale now. I toyed with the idea of a throwback, but my son wants us to match- can’t argue with that. He’s got a Tannehill jersey from last year, and it will fit him for this season and then look like a t-shirt on him.

Cool! Good choices!

Man, there’s a lot of Mets fans calling today about last night whining and making way big of deal out of it. A trade fell through and a player was upset. Okay, everyone will get over it. Carlos Gomez also thought he was going somewhere too. It happens.

• Brian in NY says:

Get over it.

I felt for the kid, I really did. He’s been with the Mets since he was 16, and he’s 23. It’s been like home to him.

I get it, but it’s over and I’m sure he had teammates and people console him and tell him it’s the nature of the business etc.

I’m talking about the whiny fans making a big deal out of it. I’m about ready to put music on. LOL

• Brian in NY says:

I meant the fans. I felt bad for Flores.

July 30, 2015 at 9:29 am

XMEN and comic fans this is for you
    ————-
    Sweet…

We should never have cut Carpenter.

Training Camp summery!

PhinPhanatic ‏@PhinPhanatic 5m5 minutes ago
    Miami Dolphins Training Camp Day 1: OL http://ift.tt/1h7LzXw

I read a piece of the decision already
      bringing the case is Minnesota is pretty blatant forum shopping
      trying to get the same judge to hear it that heard the AP case

They are going to get laughed out of federal court IMO

Agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised if the request for an injunction is denied and this thing gets decided before the end of preseason.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 6m6 minutes ago
    Branden Albert said even though he is ahead of his schedule, he is not sure if he will be ready for Sept 13 opener

That’s why Fox is working exclusively at LT. I’m wondering who else will be working at tackle because Albert, James and Fox are the only listed tackles on the team. I know we have a bunch of guys who have and can play tackle, I’m wondering who they will be though.

Training camp started, two weeks till our first preseason game…the long dry season is OVER!!

Bobby McCain with an interception on Josh Freeman!
    Two dropped Potential interceptions today!

Playmaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 15s15 seconds ago
    Philbin said Ndamukong Suh got Jordan Phillips to come out and train with him this offseason.
    ———–
    Nice! Learn young padawan.

53. dbolt48 says:

Benjamin Allbright ripping into Omar Kelly big time 😂😂😂

@AllbrightNFL: Whenever I did camp tours, I’d read the practice reports from some of the beat guys, and wonder whose practice they were watching.

@AllbrightNFL: @PatrickClaybon There’s one “popular” Miami media guy who dislikes Tannehill and has alternately claimed Garrard and Moore were “great”

@AllbrightNFL: Are we really going to go through this stupid “Matt Moore looks better than Ryan Tannehill in practice” from reporters w/ an agenda, again?

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
    Philbin said Suh invited Jordan Phillips to work out with him over the summer.

Translation

Coach Philbin: Ndominant, do me a favor, and take fatass under your wing, and get that kid in shape and make him hungry to play!

I thought they were making fun of Flores. It’s an odd situation. Like you said, the information age isn’t always a good thing. Things were handled as best as they could be given the situation.

Ya’ll better sit down for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 44m44 minutes ago
    Matt Hazel with a nice seam pass from Ryan Tannehill. Great throw.

D-Bolt

Who is Benjamin Allbright?

Right now the DT depth chart is:
    Suh and Mitchell and Phillips and Johnson.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 2h2 hours ago
    #Dolphins second-year WR Jarvis Landry is such a technician for a young player. He runs the correct depth with good footwork repeatedly.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 37m37 minutes ago
    Talking to #Dolphins players today, this is as optimistic as I’ve seen them in my 4 seasons. They’re not shying away from high expectations.

PhinPhanatic ‏@PhinPhanatic 12m12 minutes ago
    Miami Dolphins 1st practice in the books, Suh not happy http://ift.tt/1U9rTAM

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 25m25 minutes ago
    #Dolphins owner Stephen Ross knows he’s been patient but he’s expecting the payoff this year. He said HC Joe Philbin is expecting it too.

You can tell with Landry he is the consummate professional
    Its really cool to watch

64. dbolt48 says:

Sorry Mike, work interruptedy chance to respond, but Tim updated you on Allbright. Very well respected guy.

You know what’s funny about the Jets promos, they use the phrase: stronger, faster, greener. Do they know what green means when not a color? It means not really there yet or developed. LOL

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 6m6 minutes ago
    Will #Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry get over/under 80 receptions? http://es.pn/1VPvi9N

Over for me. I think he could end up around 100.

I’m thinking 70+ so I will go with under
      I just think we are spreading the ball out a lot more to Still, Parker, Jennings, Cameron and the RBs

bu I can see how Landry can easily be a 100+ catch guy
      especially if Parker is out early
      Tanny does not have Clay to rely on now

I get what you’re saying, but Landry caught 84 with Wallace catching 67, Clay 58, Hartline 39, Miller 38, Gibson 29, Sims 24, Williams 21 etc.

I think the main lineup will be Landry, Stills, Jennings, Cameron and Miller with Parker, Sims and a couple of the other backs rotating in and out, so I think 100 will be pretty easy especially because of how good his hands are.

The Jets, what it means to be green. Idiots! LOL

I think over 80 for Landry, but that depends on Jordan Cameron and Devante Parker. If Cameron/Parker are healthy the entire season, I say lower for Landry.

69. Clay Ferraro ‏@ClayWPLG
    Ross: I think the Heat are a different organization now that LeBron James isn’t there.I think the Dolphins are capturing fans’ imagination
    _____________________________________

He (Ross) is such a total dumbasss

I always wonder about our reporters but articles like this dumbfound me

Why in the world would we support the Patriots in any endeavor? Why would we believe them after their history and Tom’s actions? It just amazes me these guys still have jobs.

The Pats are being exposed and punished for their shenanigans instead of being lauded as the champs and they hate it. Too fuckin bad, you got caught AGAIN so deal with it. 🙂

People get on Sturgis but he missed 2 of 11 today.

I hope ya’ll are still sitting down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 17m17 minutes ago
    Top performers on day one of training camp: 1. WR Michael Preston (2 deep ball catches) 2. Bobby McCain (INT, dropped 2 others) 3. Tannehill

Interesting!

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 3h3 hours ago
    The Dolphins D are playing base D vs 3 WR package and have Michael Thomas covering the slot.

New Age, anyone who isn’t biased knows Brady hasn’t handled this well and has made himself look not only look like a spoiled brat and an ass, but an idiot too. I heard yesterday that even pundits in Boston are now saying Tom, give it up.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
    Five thoughts on Dolphins first day of camp from @DaveHydeSports http://fw.to/kg70J3k

The guard position is not the only reason Tannehill has been sacked and hit so often. It’s been all along the OL, TE and the backs, him at times and receivers not being where they’re suppose to be. People who think signing Mathis ends all of that are kidding themselves.

• dbolt48 says:

Yep, it’s like watching a group in ballet performing together. You yawn when everything is in sync, but once you see one dancer screw up a part you’re like “What a fuckup.” Yes I watch ballet because my daughter is in dance and I’m stuck inside on a great Sunday in June for 5hrs watching that shit just to be interested in my daughters 15minutes on stage 😐

IT sounds like from everything I read that the 2nd CB position is pretty weak as well. Taylor seems to be a wasted 2nd rounder. If he can’t become a quality starter in his 3rd year when is that gonna happen?

• dbolt48 says:

From play by play it sounds like he got beat up by Preston, but held his own vs Jennings. I’m just happy he didn’t injure himself walking to the porta john

Bobby McCain with an interception on Josh Freeman!
      Two dropped Potential interceptions today!

Playmaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 12m12 minutes ago
    Blog. Catch up on what happened in the Miami Dolphins first practice:

I always wonder about our reporters but articles like this dumbfound me

******
    NewAge
    I think to take it a step further, aside from being our rival, every NFL owner should be siding with the NFl right now
    What Kraft is doing is crazy….AL Davis like

Also I love Ross’ statement about supporting the NFL. Get yourself in the sweetheart Chair mr. Ross. Kraft doesn;t want that chair anymore…

• New Age says:

I think they are all siding with Goodell. Everyone has had issues at some point but they have dealt with them. Lying Kraft went back on his word because the team is a reflection of it’s owner.

wyoming85 says:
    July 30, 2015 at 10:56 am

Ya’ll better sit down for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you mean we are supposed to normally be standing up to read the blog

I thinking if Landry catches 100, its no ideal and a lot of those catches will be very short passes
    But I do think it can happen – and when I say not ideal I don;t mean to say it will break the season, just that we want to use all the pieces int he best way possible

July 30, 2015 at 1:10 pm

sitting or standing doesn;t matter
    but no pants whatever you choose

what is that you speak of or i mean squeal of…….pants? what the hell are those

wyoming85 says:
    July 30, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Bobby McCain with an interception on Josh Freeman!
    Two dropped Potential interceptions today!

Playmaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol playma……..oooopppps he dropped it. nevermind

July 30, 2015 at 1:13 pm

they are those things you put in the furnace

oooohhhhh, i see. down south we just call them body parts

Did you guys not read my earlier post. It’s being said Mathis is signing with Atlanta. So can you guys just cry and get it over with?

Pig — just read why the NFL was filing something in NYC.

The Union filed an appeal on behalf of Brady under the CBA with their favorite judge in MN. The NFL filing was to transfer the case to NYC on convenience grounds……and hey NFL is in NYC and Brady lives in Mass. It was approved.

So it was actually a responsive motion rather than an initial one. Reporters.

right the NFl filing was to change forums

The way it was reported was as a preemptive filing to a lawsuit…lol
      Like hey, Fed Ct…do you agree with us…I was like WTF

I’m telling you
      The Fed Court is going to laugh Brady and the NFLPA out of Court on this one

ok lunch time over. time to call my filipino girl friend. unfortunately not what you guys think, fucking intuit support. this overseas support sucks big time

FFR

Your throwback options

Piggy; Our TE Jordan Cameron/Cameron Jordan… Pro Bowler..

I don;t understand why they just don;t break off one of the arms of the toys…

Boulder, Grimes thinks Taylor is extremely talented he’s just had injury issues. I thought Taylor was impressive last year before he went down.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I don’t know if he’s starter material. I saw him get beat bad a couple of times last year also. What else is grimes gonna say? I think taylor sucks and has no business on this field?

I hope you’re right. I just hope we find a good 2nd CB out of the group we have.

Grimes doesn’t have to say anything. Why is it always one extreme or the other? He’s either great or horrible, no in between. He could have said he’s coming along, working hard, etc.

All CBs get beat at times.

For Dbolt. Read the comments of people offended. LOL

93. dbolt48 says:

@nflnetwork: Will Ryan Tannehill be in elite QB territory this year? #NFLTrainingCamp

“Absolutely.”

– @JeffDarlington http://t.co/54HXMubM7b

TIm,
    All I’m saying I wasn’t too impressed with taylor last year when he was on the field. He was average at best.

Only allowed a 10.2 YPCA which is pretty good for a corner. He’s physical, can tackle and support the run.

• dbolt48 says:

I thought the Buffalo Thursday night game was a good indicator of Taylor’s game. He needs more consistency, but he gave a dominant effort that game.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

consistency is what separates good from average/bad. All players in the NFL have enough talent to have one good game. I’m not saying taylor can’t be a starter but so far I haven’t seen the consistency to be one. This is his 3rd year. Its now or never IMO.

LOL

Bill Belichick: Hon, how about a little sex?
    Wife: I covered that last week.
    Bill: But this is this week.
    Wife: I’m preparing for bed tonight.
    Bill: So no sex?
    Wife: I’ve covered that already.
    Bill: But..
    Wife: I’ve covered that already
    Bill: Tomorrow?
    Wife: Tomorrow is tomorrow. I’m preparing for bed tonight. The only thing I’m concerned with is bed tonight.
    Bill: *mumbles* What a dick.

We know where he gets it.

96. No one said Ross is cheap and who cares if he got the biggest FA;until we win I do not give a rat’s ass how much money he spends on the team or the stadium.

97. Also, hi Tim and peeps!!! Been super busy at work on a big case set for trial. Hope all is well….catch you folks again soon.

Boulder,
    Taylor was really starting to come on in his last two games before he got hurt (again). I think if he can stay healthy then he will start opposite Grimes.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

lets hope. We really need one of these guys to step up and be a solid contributor opposite grimes.

Ugh! Familia just blew another save, the Mets were up 7-5 with 2 outs in the 9th, and now it’s 8-7 Padres. 😦

He had an 0-2 count on Norris with 2 outs, and no one on base too. That’s killer.

It seems like the Mets are destined for .500. Whenever they can actually score runs, the other team does as well.

Brian, oh yes Parnell allowed the grand slam.

• Brian in NY says:

Thanks. He’s been pitching like dog shit lately. I think he’s done unless he can reinvent himself like Isringhausen. His velocity has been way down since returning from injury.

Brian, Mike just went outside and started bashing his neighbor’s mailboxes. LOL

Bobby Parnell circa 2015

manitobafinfan says:
    July 30, 2015 at 6:34 am

I smell football !!!! GO PHINS

you sure it isnt just some pig skin you smell.

Fuck off Bri! I’m at work, not like you you teacher you! 🙂

I’m starting to hate everyone who screws up on the Mets. lol

Not many guys left to like. LOL

I like what Joe Beningo once said, bro, in my next life I don’t want to know anything about sports. LOL

Understandable. If you think about it, more often than not you’ll be let down. Much more often with the Mets and Dolphins. lol

Mike E — going to get my eyes checked on Monday. It’s time…….fine print is hard to read these days.

Any advice?

You’re going to need reading glasses young man. No big deal, it’s the natural progression in life.

That’s what I figure. Just like you my Doc said “you are almost 50” and shrugged.

That started for me about 2 years ago I think. I need readers for menus and small type like directions on pop tarts, lol. I never wore glasses before.

LOL, Mike directions for pop tarts is a bit by comedian Brian Reagan about why would you need to put directions on a box of pop tarts.

ㅤㅤ ‏@_NO_CHILL_ZONE Jul 28
    Looks like everyone dies at 5 pm

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (93) eludes guard Billy Turner as he rushes the quarterback during Day 1 of Miami Dolphins training camp Thursday, July 30, 2015 in Davie.

A big reason why Omar doesn’t like Tannehill. He has to cover a team where the QB is a good, humble white dude with a pretty blonde wife. They’re not Tupac enough.

• Try Pod says:

No luck involved. You can look like the Kapersniffer and still get the hot girl. What you need to do is get one of those nfl qb jobs, which takes skill, not luck (though for some, a little luck doesn’t hurt).

I’ve wasted part of my day fighting with cheats fans on twiiter
    You should see some of these idiots

Its inspiring me to write a Porcine Oddyseey
    “A Twittaw convawsation with Tawmny Brady fans”

You know what’s funny, Brady says he always destroys his former cell phones yet Wells obtained one of his where the texts went public of Brady frantically texted the ball guys 3 days after the allegations came out. I’m sure Brady regularly texts those guys during the week. LOL

You know what, I didn’t see how upset Wilmer was last night. I just saw a clip of him out in the field and I felt really bad for him.

115. Al in MIA says:

Speaking of baseball, seems the Blue Jays are really going for it.
    Traded for David Price after acquiring Tulo a couple of days prior.

WTF!!!
    All this stupid shit about the Mutts and Marsha….C’mon peeps, Dolphins are in CAMP! 🙂

July 30, 2015 at 5:10 pm (Edit)

I thought since he refused to make his phone available that the ones that have been made public came from the person he was texting with. .

Maybe so, but I heard on the radio that Wells did have access to one of them so maybe I’m confusing the two.

Tim, I caught your post earlier as I was perusing thru the blog.
    I want to correct ya on the 4 DT’s you mentioned.
    Suh – Mitchell – Phillips – Mosley (not Johnson)
    Francis & Johnson will be battling for back up scraps…IMO.

No it was reported today that Phillips and Johnson were working as the 2s not that it’s set in stone just how TC started. I’m not sold Mosely even makes the team. I think he’s a fallback if the young guys don’t perform at a higher enough level.

119. dbolt48 says:

July 30, 2015 at 5:17 pm
    What reply is that?

An * for each Lombardi Trophy. Everyone one of them get it. I added a few others like:

#(*)📹 or #(*)🏈💨

It’s a good time without saying anything. When I do say something it’s that New Kids on The Block came from there and they can’t erase that either. #(*)📱💥

I dunno Tim, Suh kinda campaigned for Big Mo to be signed…they played well together in Detroit.

I know but Suh didn’t really campaign for him, just supported him. Tannenbaum had Mosely with the Jets. He’s a 32 year old run stopper only, 4 career sacks. I think he’s a fall back option but we’ll see. He only signed a one year deal for $1M with $80,000 guaranteed.

Catch you folks later.

Dolphins signed DT C.J. Mosley to a one-year contract.
    It’s a solid depth signing for Miami. Mosley graded out as Pro Football Focus’ No. 26 defensive tackle last season, receiving positive marks both against the run and pass. He’s good friends with Ndamukong Suh and should slot in as the Dolphins’ No. 3 defensive tackle behind Suh and fellow starter Earl Mitchell.

BTW, Mosley has 14 sacks, not 4.

Okay I read it wrong back when we signed him. 14 sacks over 10 years. Woo hoo!!! LOL

We’ll see how it plays out. If Francis and Johnson have good camps and preseasons who would you rather keep, young guys with upside or a guy on his way out?

Flying over Pats Camp today………first time I can remember liking a Jets fan.

A patriots fAn told me I was too blind to see the truth

I asked him what he thought the truth was

And this is what he said

FFR:finfanrob says:

July 30, 2015 at 4:05 pm

manitobafinfan says:
    July 30, 2015 at 6:34 am

I smell football !!!! GO PHINS

you sure it isnt just some pig skin you smell.

Might just be MY balls…

Goodell’s decision on Brady’s appeal brings up the point that Brady’s “regular destruction of cell phones when switching them” (paraphrasing) isn’t credible because he was able to provide the phone he used up until November 2014 when he switched to the now infamous deflategate phone. Why was that phone not destroy, lol. It’s a joke

**destroyed**

It all apart even more cause that was the phone in question. You at least put It in your safe just in case.

Yeah, the idea you’d destroy something that not only doesn’t incriminate you but by its being non-incriminating could exonerate you is ludicrous at best, lol.

My response

Lol, for as stupid as that is, it’s actually not as outlandish as some of the crackpot theories I’ve seen Patriots fans coming up with.

When you’re innocent, you shove the evidence proving your innocence in the accusers face. Brady not only didn’t do that, but he refused to release any info at all. GUILTY!!!

Read today he actually did give them who he had called. Makes me think there was something on his actual phone that he really didn’t want out there. Maybe some bad pics.

What about the thousands of text messages they wanted?

• Brian in NY says:

I heard am interview Ted Wells gave and he said “I told him I didn’t even need to take the phone, just SHOW me the text messages.”

Exactly. Whatever he gave them was not really what they were asking for. He’s a lying CHEAT!

I find it funny that the cheats fans that came out for their first practice were cheering for brady, but I didn’t hear anything about them being the champs.

Hey Mike, I only have another 5 weeks off!

You deserve it man. I should have been a teacher. I still think of finishing up my degree and getting my Masters.

• Brian in NY says:

You would have made a great teacher with your demeanor Mike. The students would have loved you. Teaching has changed so much recently that it’s taken a lot of the fun out of it. I’m sure you have heard from your sis.

It sure has changed. My sis is happily retired now. 🙂

Thanks Bri – I think I would be/have been a good teacher as well

• Brian in NY says:

I remember her telling me she was going to retire when I met her. Good for her!

Yeah the NFL and Goodell really want this cheating scandal linked to the champs because it’s so good for the game. Some of the stuff people are saying is so dumb it’s hilarious.

• Brian in NY says:

I can’t even read it or listen to it. I am beyond sick of it. If Brady is found guilty, I’d tack another 4 games on and tell him “We conducted an independent investigation, and we found out you are a douchebag as well. Four more games.”

I really hope the opponent fans berate the Pats in every city with chants of cheaters, phony champs and shit like that. It would be great.

Kong, Pats fans hate that their team’s legacy is tarnished and it’s awesome. LOL

July 30, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Thanks Bri – I think I would be/have been a good teacher as well

Mike giving himself some hand. LOL

Tomorrow’s a big day for your’s truly. Got the news last week that my hearing’s so bad that my current hearing aids can’t really help me. So, tomorrow, my audiologist will power-up a new, high tech, stronger pair of hearing devices. I’l also have to wear a special device that hangs from my neck and processes sound INTO my hearing aids. Another extra device will be required if I’m in an older building that’s not properly wired for sound (about 1/4 to 1/2 of buildings are NOT). All this is a result of my service to my country AND, specifically, too much time at an artillary base. –The VA in Austin, Texas, politely declined my attempt to get help. Apparently the Army was SUPPOSED to test my hearing when I out-processed, but they failed to do so. So all this is on ME! God-bless Richard Nixon!! Believe me, though, I’m VERY thankful I only lost most of my hearing in the army. I’m very lucky. Many of my buddies weren’t nearly as lucky.
    ————————
    MISS GIGI: GREAT to see you back on the board!! TOTALLY AGREE that all the MONEY Ross has spent on the stadium and on players pales by comparison to his failure to bring us a PLAYOFF WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM!! BTW, GIGI, a source in the NFL says Ross’s upgrades of the stadium have INCREASED his chances of landing a Super Bowl BUT his lowering of the stadium’s capacity by about 11,000 seats has DECREASED his chances of landing a Super Bowl!!
    ———————–
    DR. RHINO: GREAT to see your comments, too!! –They are much appreciated!!
    ———————-
    MIKE E.: I’ll be rooting for your Mets to win the NL East, now that the Marlins are totally out of the chase! HOW CRAZY would a Yankees-Mets World Series be??
    ———————
    CAN’T believe I’m actually LOOKING FORWARD to NFL exhibition football. Bring on the piggies, er, pigskins!!

• Try Pod says:

I don’t know how many times you have applied for benefits, but I have heard more than once just about everyone gets turned down the first time. I have been told you have to submit twice (not that I am a know-it-all, but I am a vet rep working under a DOL grant administered by the state of KY, and I speak frequently with national and state VA reps.

I hope the new hearing aids work well for you, OD. My aunt who’s 86 just had some new procedure done to improve her hearing because hers was bad. Not totally sure how well it’s worked yet.

Best of luck OD! Listen to TryPod, and see if you can submit a claim, and possibly get something back.

• dbolt48 says:

“She’s in the hospital now after getting hit by a cab, but the good news is we think she turned her head once the cabbie honked the horn….or it was because a mosquito bit her.”

Brian, it wasn’t Parnell who gave up the grand slam, he just loaded the bases. Hansel Robles gave up the homer.

Mike/Tim,
    Reports are Reds are willing to trade Jay Bruce straight up for Wheeler.

If we can’t get Carlos Gonzalez, or Gerardo Parra for less, I think we should do it.

Do it! He’s gonna strike out a lot and not hit for average but we need a thumper. What’s his contract because the rumor is money is why the Gomez deal fell through, not his hip.

What about a rental like Cespades?

Bruce is signed through 2017, at about $12.5M, it’s $12M this year, $12.5M next year, and $13M in 2017

Tim,Bri

The Astros traded for Carlos Gomez

Well we knew we weren’t getting him anymore. I guess we have to hope for d’Arnaud to get back and stay healthy and hopefully get Wright back at some point.

I know that, but it just goes to show you that someone did. I’d bet the Mets overreacted to the medical information on his hip.

I keep picturing Brady’s cell phone playing an automated message saying “this cell phone will self destruct in 5 seconds ” with the Mission Impossible theme song playing

A few too many mojitos with dinner tonight. Feeling no pain right now

ro Football Rumors ‏@pfrumors · 2h2 hours ago
    Jets DT Sheldon Richardson Arrested http://www.profootballrumors.com/jets-dt-sheldon-richardson-arrested/

NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors · 2h2 hours ago
    More Details: There was a “very strong odor of marijuana” in Sheldon Richardson’s car & cops found a fully loaded gun http://bit.ly/1Iv9P02

The news just keeps getting better and better

Wow! He should be out at least as long as the Browns WR Josh Gordon.

Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report (on Twitter) spoke with three different sources from rival teams that think Richardson will never play another NFL down after his arrest.

I heard that today. He’s a total irresponsible jerk. On WFAN the hosts who are both Jets fans said please sign Wilkerson. LOL

Being in Mexico has been awesome but I miss my NFL radio right now. I would love to hear the wailing of the Pats fans

Patrick Daugherty ‏@RotoPat · 3h3 hours ago
    Sheldon Richardson arrested. Allegedly drove 143 MPH with a 12-year-old child in the car as he tried to evade police. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8314/sheldon-richardson

Los ‏@LosDez · 6h6 hours ago
    Four things #Dolphins fans should be optimistic about + #Xfactor http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/four_things_dolphins_fans_should_be_optimistic_about_x_factor/19260262 … @PhinManiacs #NFLTrainingcamp

Delmas is like the glue that holds that group together. We already know what to expect from Grimes. Jones’ season was overshadowed by his four game suspension for PEDs. When he returned to the team he went on a tear and ended up with 70 tackles (2nd on the team), 7 passes defended, 3 interceptions, and a sack.

Now if only Mario Williams would get caught for bestiality or something we just might win the division

What the hell was Richardson doing with a 12 year old child in his car while high and packing heat

There’s several things in that report you could say that about, 143 MPH, running from the cops, Mota…

Equally stupid was his decision not to tell the team about the arrest. Like the Jets were not going to find out about it

Try Pod says:
    July 30, 2015 at 7:49 pm
    s
    Oops- forgot the “)” to close.. Don’t want to upset anyone!

now what low life loser on here would ever bust any ones chops over something like that.

The Jets drafting Leonard Williams is looking to be an even better move now

Drive by from Mexico is over maybe Gronk gets arrested next. Go Phins

Hola señor Ken. How much longer ya got in Playa ?

You know the patriots fans are laughing at the jests gloating at the atom Brady suspension today
    I’m gonna stop making fun of Brady
    …for at least a few hours

Be nice to have rest of division implode for a change

Saw an article where cutler when describing Marshall said “no one likes their ex girlfriend” lol. Very creepy especially knowing ng how much of a love fest stabby seemed to have for him a couple years back

• manitobafinfan says:

He was piping back cause Stabby said Kyle Orton was a better QB. Those two are both pieces of work.

OD : hope the new hearing aids work well for ya. Also hope ya have lots of need to turn them down at the home games due to excessively LOUD cheering for the home team. Have a great one people.

What did the drone cost you 😉

• jetsssuck says:

I had a $75 drone that I used to play with inside with my cat. Cat broke it but it was fun watching the old cat chasing and leaping for it. My neighbor has one that is cool as hell. He told me it cost him 1100 bucks. Very cool

158. jetsssuck says:

cold front coming through S.Florida yesterday high was 95 and today we only are gonna hit 91

The daily nugget

ABBIE Sierra
    ‏@259ABBIE34
    Women spend more time thinking about what men are thinking than men actually spend thinking.

New post up. That’s true Herd I get a lot of that – What the hell were you thinking.