Mustachio Cuts, Player Profile: Brice McCain

MustachioCutsLogo

Ahhh…look who is back!  All my Dolfan amici!  Mustachio welcomes you! Oggi Mustachio has something very special for you.  A McCain!

JohnMcCainDolphins

Lo so, you say to yourself:  Which McCain, the Dolphins drafted or signed every McCain who plays football.  In fact, the Dolphins have every McCain on the Terra on their roster right now.

No, not that McCain!

BriceMcCain3

Ma every other McCain.  Oggi I don’t have Chris McCain or Good Ole Bobby McCain.  Oggi, Mustachio has Brice McCain for you!

Mustachio knows you didn’t pay much attenzione to is signing this offseason.  How could you when you were so eccitato about Suh signing with the Dolphins.  But the McCain signing was a molto eccellente signing!

photo-2

Mustachio thinks Brice McCain might make a push to start opposite Brent Grimes.  Starting is nothing nuovo for Signore McCain.

He started 9 games for the Steelers in 2014.  He managed to grab 3 interceptions in 2014 and he even returned one for a touchdown! Bravo Signore McCain!

And now people are saying that McCain is having a very good training camp.  Armando Salguero says that the battle between Jarvis Landry and McCain has been migliore battle in camp.

BriceMcCain4

Even though Succo is getting the best of McCain with manos a colla, McCain is making the catches Succo is making as difficult as they can be.  And ogni volta when McCain makes a play, usually covering some one other than Landry,  he turns the crowd and Dizionario “Bravo Bravo”  And the crown amare him very much!

Naturalente Brice McCain is now Mustachio’s favorite Dolphin.  Mustachio going to give him a special beard.  You tell me…You like?

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

Aside | This entry was posted in Mustachio Cuts. Bookmark the permalink.

270 Responses to Mustachio Cuts, Player Profile: Brice McCain

First……

It’s hard to tell with Mustachio which are typos and which are his unique way of talking with broken English. Does the Crown love him or is it the crowd?

2. jetsssuck says:

How about richie congetito being named the starter after less than week in training camp.

VERY NICE WORK, Mr. Mustachio. EXPECTING great things from McCain.
    ——————————————————-
    ANOTHER 4 to 6 inches of rain has already hit the northern areas of TAMPA BAY since midnight.–Anclote River Estates, near village of Elfers, has been ordered to evacuate immediately. Big wreck on Interstate 4!! Holes opening up across the area on a few major roads. NOT SURE if I’ll be able to drive to work this morning or not, but I’ll give it a try. Lightning woke us up around 5:30 AM. Dogs VERY unsettled. Will try to walk them if rain slacks off just a bit. Reports of Pasco County residents getting around in their neighborhoods in BOATS. Gonna be some kind of day. Stay dry, FFR, my fellow resident of Lutz.

Great job Piggs, it’s good to see this newly acquired vet matching the intensity of Jarvis. Good things will come from this.

Piggs, I’ll get something done for in the morning. Great job this weekend. Thanks!

I have something set to run tomorrow
      Its an Oddyssey

Wens I think we have OD’s following perfection
      So thursday and your usual friday is what is open this week

At least it isn’t that Civil War era type beard that Brett Kiesel has.

6. Try Pod says:

AT&T purchased DirecTV last week, something they have been working for more than 2 years. As a long time AT&T U-Verse subscriber, I was hoping Sunday Ticket might be available to me, but that is not in the immediate future, as the NFL negotiated exclusive rights to access with DirecTV for a set number of years. By the time this is renegotiated, I intend to be free from these type of contracts (re.: “cutting the cord”), and perhaps the NFL will market the package directly to consumers (think “HBOGo”) or through web content providers like Netflix.

I would like to buy games a la carte and not be tied into a whole package. There are only 2-3 Dolphin games a year I don’t get so that would be ideal.

• Try Pod says:

As would I. I thought at one time, when I was a DirecTV, they allowed you to purchase individual games/days, though it was cost prohibitive (to me), as it was like $40 each time and the whole package for the year was $300. Keep in mind this was several years ago and I could be way off on all the numbers.

• jetsssuck says:

I read a article comcast will be offering customers a 15 dollar package with 10-15 channels. The new merger is going to compete and the consumers are big winners. Expect more as competition heats up.

I guess the Dolphins have the day off today?
    Is there any practice today?

9. jetsssuck says:

did the metsies win yesterday

Funny stuff Piggy! We definitely lead the NFL in McCains.

11. Rhino says:

which McCain did we draft? well, with that beard I’m starting to think we drafted James Harden instead. If so, we’ll have to switch him to QB or Center so he can ‘touch the ball’ on every offensive play. 🙂 (yeah, Wyo… I’m still taking shots LOL)

Mets fans at Citi Field were very frisky last night. Reminded me of 1986. It was nice to see the stadium packed. Hopefully the Dolphins can do the same this year.

13. Rhino says:

Good series Mets fans. Read/saw some great reports about Cespy’s aura in the locker room. THIS was the big criticism of Beane when he traded him last July… “who trades their cleanup hitter in the middle of a pennant race?” The wheels came off after that trade!!! ‘Confidence’ matters.

Did you hear that Duda asked Terry Collins if Kelly Johnson was brought here to play 1st base, and Collins responded, “Well, that’s up to you”. This is how Lucas Duda responded. Killing it! Amazing how some guys just need a fire lit under their ass.

I would love the NFL package to be a la carte. With todays technology, you should be able to purchase each game individually.

Mike,
    I also think part of Duda’s streak is because he has some protection in the lineup now. Hernandez was saying during a broadcast a couple of weeks ago that they basically had half their lineup full of players that should be in the minors right now.

No doubt. That makes a huge difference, but he was lost for quite some time. He was so undisciplined, swinging at anything and everything. Now he’s back to being patient and only swinging at the pitches he can hit.

• Brian in NY says:

He’s got a ton of confidence right now. We need to win the next bunch of series to keep the momentum going. We can’t come out and lose 2 of 3 to the Marlins after this.

New poll up!

I would love Lippett to win the job, but I think he’s a year away, if ever.

I would love Lippett to win either
        But I think him winning now in TC is unlikely

I picked the vet McCain to win it and hold the position down for a younger guy for now

• Brian in NY says:

Lippett most likely gets placed on the practice squad.

Ok guys, gotta run. Have a great day!

Piggy – I think unless Taylor blows in the preseason, he’s going to take that spot, and McCain will be the nickel corner.

Brian

I don;t know about PS for Lippett
    we kept a lot of DBs on the reg 53 last year
    and Lippett can probably contribute on ST right out of the gate
    So I expect him on 53 man roster

Did you read Mando’s article last week
    He basically said McCain was not locked into the nickel slot
    McCain actually started 9 games for Pitt last year

I keep reading he’s been covering guys in the slot. We’ll see what happens. I want the best guys to start so I whoever that is cool with me.

Shelby the X factor

Okay folks
    catch up later
    Gotta get some work done this morning

Nice job Piggy. McCain may wind up being one of those under the radar moves that really pays off. I suspect he wins the job next to Grimes but expect to see heavy doses of Taylor and maybe even Lippett in nickel and dime situations. I don’t think Lippett goes to Practice Squad as some have suggested. I think they want the kid to see some live game action but not necessarily start.

Yes Piggy, good job on the McCain’s article. LOL

nice job piggy. I think macCain will take the starting spot not taylor. But we’ll see. I like the competition.

the link to the record challenge. It looks like many have already started to fill out their roster.

FYI to get a new line in a block press ctrl and enter at the same time.

I’m an indecisive Piggy
      So i’m going to wait until the last minutes

Thanks for organizing this Boulder
      its one of the fun preseason things we do

• BoulderPhinfan says:

sure no problem. Its fun to go back later and see what everyone thought of the upcoming season and how it actually turned out.

Good read with many quotes from Tanny. Here’s just one portion of it on leadership.

Tannehill’s leadership style has not always been visible to the public. But there is a side of him that isn’t going to avoid confrontation, if that’s required.

“In most cases, depending on the situation, I’ll try to talk to a guy face to face and address the issue,” Tannehill said. “Now, if it’s a repeat mistake, something we’ve talked about and been over, then, yeah, I’m going to lose my cool a little bit and jump on a guy. But if it’s a first-time mistake or something we haven’t talked about, we’ll just clear up the issue and move forward.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article29755456.html#storylink=cpy

“I’d like to be judged on wins,” Tannehill said. “That’s ultimately why you play the game. I don’t play the game for passing yards or touchdowns. You play the game for wins and championships. If you win a lot of games the stats should come. But there’s a lot of ways to win a game and not every game is going to be a 350-yard passing game, or a four-touchdown game. But as long as you get the win, that’s what you’re out there to do.”

Another issue I’ve seen about Tannehill is that, although his statistics have improved each of the past three seasons, the Dolphins record has not really tracked that rise. So much for the idea that if the Dolphins solved their quarterback issue, their problems were solved.

So why aren’t they solved?

“I think one of the things that when you look at last season and why we ended up 8-8 was – I think his quarterback rating was 92-and-change and 66 percent completion, which are very solid numbers – I don’t know we, especially down the stretch, didn’t complement each other well as a team,” coach Joe Philbin said.

“One week, we play Baltimore and we have opportunities to go up in the fourth quarter and we wouldn’t make the play on offense and then we’d give up a big drive on defense. The next week, we go to New England, special teams – we get off to a bad start there. I don’t know that it’s just, as well all know, it’s a team game. Certainly, when your quarterback is in the 90s with the QB rating and a decent touchdown-to-interception ratio, and that kind of completion percentage, you hope you’re getting more. But I think it’s more a function of overall as a football team, we’ve got to do a better job complementing one another.”

As much as everybody likes to believe a QB is all you need it is still a team game. Montana was amazing but would have won 4 SBs without Lott, Craig, Rice & Haley? Would Aikman have won 3 without Smith and Irving? Etc…

• BoulderPhinfan says:

you need better coaching as well. Its a coaches job to make sure the different parts of the team compliment each other.

Amen on team game and also yes Boulder, on needing some really good coaching, with systems that work in harmony with not only the personnel, but also among the offensive, defensive & special team units.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 19h19 hours ago
    I asked Dolphins HC Joe Philbin about the early protection issues. His response: “It’s our second day in pads; it’s a little bit too early.”

What Philbin means by complimentary football is the offense stalls on a drive, doesn’t score, then the defense allows a long drive for a score. Neither unit is picking up the other one.

We had too many moments like that last year. Gotta clean that up and be more consistent on both sides of the ball.

On Tanny’s comments. Yes ultimately as a team player, winning benefits all and should be important, but statistics mean your playing well and usually those will go hand in hand if teammates are doing their parts. Russell Wilson without the wins is considered a below average QB with his statistics, with the Wins he is considered to be a tier 2 QB apparently. They are not solely independant, you dont want to be the QB that gets drug around by an excellent team either. I am encouraged by his statistics because it means to me when the team catches up to him, we will be moving in a great direction.

Speaking about the ever-present deep ball issue, Tannehill said, “I’m giving guys a chance, and I think this receiving corps is going to be much better at coming down with those footballs.”

It has been said the remade Dolphins receiver room features players that are better suited to Tannehill and this offense. Maybe. We’ll see.

But my hesitation on the subject doesn’t matter because, well, Tannehill is buying in. He has no hesitation about these receivers.

“These guys are great at tracking the ball and going up to get it — we’ll have guys like DeVante Parker who is a big guy with a natural ability of going up and getting the ball if it’s a contested throw. We have Greg [Jennings] who is a veteran, savvy route-runner who knows how to use his body. Kenny [Stills} is smooth, fast. We have guys who allow us to attack every part of the field.”

The thing about Russell Wilson are his passing numbers aren’t gaudy but he’s efficient.
    2012: 100.0 QBR
    2013: 101.2 QBR
    2014: 95.0 QBR

Also he does a lot of damage with his legs picking up 1st downs and rushing for TDs.

I’d still take Tanny over Wilson, but I’d probably take Carroll over Philbin 😉

Russell Wilson is a really good QB. He may not have been asked to make a ton of plays but when he is asked to make plays he makes them. He was put in a great position to be successful and may have not have to throw as much as other guys but no doubt he is a clutch player.

He was asked to win the Super Bowl on a goal line pass….Doh’!

There is an example where you don’t want Pete Carroll as your HC. I think Carroll is one of the most over hyped coaches in the league. He is a great talent evaluator but a terrible game caller imo.

Notice how Tanny said these receivers are very good at tracking the ball, and Stills is smooth fast….unlike what I was bitching about so much on Wallace being herky jerky in his routes, poor at tracking and going up for the ball.

With time behind the OL, I’m sure we’ll see a dynamic Tanny striking this new WR corp all over the field, and yes, including DEEP!

tim,
    if tanny had the running game that wilson has he’d be just as efficient. I hope we really try and run the ball more this year.

I’ve heard that the pats focus on offense has been the rushing attack. They know brady is not gonna need it.

WENT HOME for lunch and, somewhat to my surprise, I WAS ABLE to drive down the little street to my house. But the rain IS STILL FALLING, altho’ at a slower pace. Local FOX station says Lutz has had 7-8 inches plus rain since midnight and MORE is on the way. This is on top of the 10 inches plus we got LAST WEEK. An area from Land-O-Lakes, Lutz and Temple Terrace on the east to Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs and New Port Richey on the coast has already received over 6 inches rain since midnight and may end up with 10 inches plus by midnight tonight. And driving IS VERY DANGEROUS. IF YOU NEED help from AAA, you may be shit-out-of-luck for the next 24 hours here. Interestingly, Tampa International Airport has only received about 2.50 inches since midnight, so SOME of the air traffic IS getting off the ground after long delays.
    ————
    Gonna give my doggies their long-delayed walk, now that rain is (temporarily) very light.

I hope is well with you and yours during those heavy rains.

Isn’t there someone else on the blog who just moved to Tampa?

I watched a breakdown of that super bowl play that got picked off by Michael Irvin and he showed why it was all on the WR. He didn’t run the route properly.

MIKE E; Your Mets should have no problems this week in Miami. Marlins’ best starter, Jose Fernandez, will miss the series as he pitched 6 innings of shutout ball yesterday, with 10 K’s.–Their top reliever, Capps, heard something “POP” in his elbow and will have an MRI this afternoon. He may be done for the year. Closer A.J. Ramos blew yet another save in the 9th inning. He has failed in his role of replacing Steve Cishek. The Marlins are a complete mess and slugger Stanton will not be returning for at least another two weeks after his injury. –Good luck to your boys, Mike.

Bears first-round WR Kevin White (shin) has now been sidelined for more than six weeks.
    White continues to make progress, but remains on active/PUP. The Bears have declined to give any kind of timetable or reveal the exact nature of his injury. “I hope sooner rather than later, but that’s just a hope,” coach John Fox said. Once cleared, White will have a lot of ground to make up under notorious rookie hater Fox.

We have the same situation with Parker, some teams lost their top picks for the year and others aren’t looking too good. You never know what’s going to happen.

Philbin reiterated the other day that if we want to push the ball down the field we’re going to have to use 7 step drops and hold the ball a little longer to allow the routes to develop. The protection has to get better. I feel sticking with the running game more will help with that. Don’t let teams pin their ears back all day. Keep them thinking about holding their ground and set them up with the play-action deep passing game.

44. Al in MIA says:

OD,
    To hell with the Mets :). I still remember their 2007 colossal collapse to the Phillies :).

45. bat says:

“but I’d probably take Carroll over Philbin”

This is one time I’ll roll with Bazooka Joe. Carroll is an over hyped pompous ass who handed the Cheatriots a championship trying to show everybody how clever he is.

I’ve been a DirecTV and Sunday Ticket subscriber for about 15 years, took a couple of years off when I moved to a new house but went back after the local cable provider pissed me off. I’ve never known DirecTV to offer individual games.

Did Bat just endorse Philbin?

James Walker, ESPN Staff Writer
    DAVIE, Fla. — There are two ways to view new Miami Dolphins tight end Jordan Cameron entering the 2015 season.

The glass-half-full approach is Jordan was a Pro Bowler just two years ago, when he caught 80 receptions for 917 yards and seven touchdowns. Jordan thrived in Cleveland without a solid quarterback and, at 26 years old, is still a young player in his prime.

The glass-half-empty approach is Jordan suffered multiple concussions that limited him to 24 receptions for 424 yards and two touchdowns last season. Head injuries are difficult to gauge, and Jordan’s durability could be in question.

All of this makes Cameron one of the most difficult players to project for Miami this season. Cameron, who signed a two-year contract with the Dolphins this offseason, has the potential and confidence to be an X-factor in Miami if he stays healthy.

“In my mind I know I can play,” Cameron said. “I know I can be a Pro Bowl player. I’m trying to help this team win. Right now I’m not going to set any goals and tell you what I’m going to do in the season. Right now I’m getting better at my craft and that’s the only thing I’m focusing on.”

The Dolphins and quarterback Ryan Tannehill are accustomed to getting tight-end production. Former Miami player Charles Clay recorded 127 receptions for 1,364 yards and seven touchdowns the past two seasons. However, the Dolphins lost Clay to the Buffalo Bills in free agency.

Cameron isn’t taking the approach that he has to replace Clay. Instead, Cameron is focusing on being the best version of himself. Cameron brings more athleticism and a bigger target in the middle of the field.

“He’s got good hands, I like his size, I think he’s got a good understanding and I think he feels good about the system that we have here and how we can utilize him in some of the passing concepts that we typically utilize with our tight end,” Miami coach Joe Philbin said. “I don’t want to put a number on it, but I like what he’s doing.”
    _________________________________
    Go #84

I am just going to wait and see how it develops

Would be nice if he avoided injury
      I don’t think we need him to have a pro bowl year like he had in Clev

49. bat says:

Piggy .. LOL …not exactly ..

So its settled then

Philbin > Herpes > Carroll

51. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    Fins just need another TE to develop behind Sims/Cameron -> Arthur Lynch.

August 3, 2015 at 12:36 pm (Edit)

I read this and thought, Michael Irvin picked off a pass in the Superbowl???? 😉

I hate carroll but he’s a better head coach than philbin. He’s won a at every level as a HC. What has philbin ever won?

Pig, I agree,
    Cameron doesn’t have to be a Pro Bowler for us to succeed, he just needs to be productive, especially in the red zone.
    In fact none of our receivers really need be Pro Bowler’s. We have some many weapons now and Lazor/Philbin’s WCO offense version is to spread the ball around a lot, including running it more.

Maybe Lamar Miller makes the PB with another big season. Heck Tanny ‘could’ with all that spreading the ball around and improving even more on last year’s good solid stats….however hard to get to PB as an AFC QB not named Peyton, Brady, Rivers, Luck, or Big Rape…LOL

55. Al in MIA says:

getterdone says:
    August 3, 2015 at 11:58 am

—-
    Indeed, SD is a perfect example.
    As good as Miami appears on paper defensively, the ultimate goal on D is to deny points and they finished 20th in that aspect last year (finished 8th back in 2013 when the O was way worse at producing PTS). This is why you can see sideways results YR/YR. Hickey and Tannenbaum come from organizations that place a premium on DL-OL (fundamental football) and this is why they went out and plugged DT with Suh (an entire secondary is worthless without a strong DL).

That was also supposed to be the Jeffro Tuna model, placing a premium on the trenches on both sides…..that didn’t work so well….especially paired with the Henne’s, Lemon’s & White’s @ the QB position….LOL

56. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,
    Timing issues (sims drops probably mental lapses).
    It’s not how you start but how you finish but you know that 🙂

“however hard to get to PB as an AFC QB not named Peyton, Brady, Rivers, Luck, or Big Rape…LOL”

GDP,

Who cares, he won’t play in the game anyway if it is the weekend before the SB……..

I just think Sims was always a blocking TE
    doesn;t mean he can;t be a factor in the passing game
    But its not his strong point

I think Sims has come a long way as a pass catcher. He had some real good moments last year including a great TD catch in London. I think he can be a factor in the passing game.

I always remember that great over the shoulder looking up in the sky TD catch in the back of the endzone in his rookie year….was Suwheet….been wanting more since ;(

BoulderPhinfan says:
    August 3, 2015 at 1:23 pm (Edit)

______________________________________________
    Carroll won at USC because he had the best players money can buy. He cost USC another Nation Title win vs. Texas with a moronic 4th down decision late in the game. He won at Seattle because all his players use PEDs and he cost him team a second SB with a moronic goal line decision. Bottom line is Carroll is a proven cheater who makes terrible game day decisions.

60. bat says:

” Carroll is a proven cheater who makes terrible game day decisions.”

Brilliantly stated Ken

61. Try Pod says:

Herd,
    There was a class action law suit brought against the nfl for not offering individual games to out of market locations which they lost, the result being the option to purchase individual days of Sunday Ticket for $44.95 plus a $5 phone fee.

• herdfan says:

I must have missed that…but it’s a ridiculous amount. For that matter Sunday ticket is ridiculous, but I still get it every year.

• Try Pod says:

It is too much, which is why, at the time, I bit the bullet and paid the $350 or whatever it was. I no longer pay it as I have U-Verse- I just go to a sports bar and watch it, which is only about $20 or so.

Lets all have a moment of silence for Tom Brady’s cell phone

ken, bottom line is that carroll has won championships as a Hc and philbin has won jack squat as HC. As I said I don’t like Carroll but you can’t argue that he wins.

I don;t know guys
    I wasn;t impressed with Carroll’s US exit while Reggie Bush was hammered by the NCAA and Carroll seemed like an afterthought to the NCAA

But the NCAA has some rules that are definateley questionable
    And I don;t even know where to being in terms of interpreting the morale terptitude of what happened at USC

In terms of PEDs at seattle – do you blame a coach for that?
    I don;t want to blame Philbin (or Ireland) about Dion Jordan

Caroll has done qwell in Seattle and desveres credit for getting that franchise to where it is now

65. bat says:

Piggy .. I blame the coach when, in Carroll’s case, I believe the Seattle PED use was given “wink and a nod” approval by him.

• jetsssuck says:

bat there are over 190 substances that are banned by nfl many of these are over the counter drugs. The NFL needs to supply a 800 number for all the stuff one can take and not take so players don’t have to hire personal nutritionist. Many of the items labels have stuff the ordinary person has no idea about in fact most of the ingredients can’t be pronounced by ordinary people.

Boulder:
    I don’t want any coach that wins by cheating. Not Carroll, not Bellicheck none of those guys. I am not endorsing Philbin but in no way do I believe cheaters and that is what both Carroll and Bellicheck are deserve the credit or laurels that have been heaped upon them.

Since Carroll has been at Seattle they have had the most guys disciplined for PED use in the league. Is it a coincidence?

Ken if ya watch the play, pretty much from the moment they lined up you could see they were playing man, on the corners and they stacked everyone in the middle. They were expecting dive but they were playing the pass for a corner fade. To me the best play call would still have been the dive play, i just dont think they could have stopped Marshawn for such short yardage. They also could have probably run a sneak and just let wilson stretch it across the plane, they were close enough that would have been pretty easy. As far as pass plays though, since they were showing man, and likely covering the fade, they could have run a short curl on a timing route and had little or no chance to be defended, three steps, turn ball is there, TD, game over.

Worst possible play call was to throw a pass on a short field in the most congested spot of that field. Defies any logic, so i cant explain how in hell that ever sounded like a good play call.

Because they had Russell and Lynch I would have never thrown the ball there. But as Michael Irvin pointed out, the WR allowed the DB in by not giving enough effort and making sure he got the inside.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

it was a terrible call. The whole world knew that lynch would have gotten a td there.

ken,
    it’s only cheating if you get in trouble for it. 🙂 Last time I looked both carroll and belicheat have a few rings on their fingers and I don’t see any pats fans complaining about any of them. And I’m sure there are some pats fans with integrity.

70. Rhino says:

and now the NFL is finding a way AROUND voter approval for public money… the “we’ll move to L.A. scam is alive and well”:

really
      when you think about it
      its rare in our political structure that a vote is necessary to determine how funds are spent

instead you vote for people and hope they make choices you agree with in terms of spending…hope anyway

‘And I’m sure there are some pats fans with integrity.’

what does a fans integrity have to do with the team cheating.

and it would be like having a trophy wife that everyone looks at but then says yeah he has her, but only cause she is banging every guy in town and he turns his back on it.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

my point was, the pats fans didn’t give a shit if they cheated or not. All they cared about was winning the title. not sure I get the wife analogy.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 24m24 minutes ago
    #Ravens source confirms team’s worst fears on S Matt Elam – complete biceps tear, surgery, season-ending IR for him

He’s starting to make me think he owns an I love Omar shirt collection?

Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 1h1 hour ago
    Ndamukong Suh paying dividends early http://es.pn/1M19dQM “-Find out whose stock is rising and falling in #Dolphins camp.

Josh Baumgard ‏@joshbaumgard 3h3 hours ago
    Miami’s run blocking on the outside figures to improve organically, too. Mike Wallace ranked 109th (out of 110) among all WR, via @PFF

BoulderPhinfan says:
    August 3, 2015 at 4:03 pm

that is the analogy. so what you have a trophy wife if the only way to get her is to turn your back on her cheating. if a pats fan doesnt care the only way they win championships then i guess that is why they are a pats fan……classless

D says:
    August 3, 2015 at 3:22 pm (Edit)

______________________________________________
    I agree for the most part. I think the dive play is what they should have done and what I would have called. It is your best play. That is Seattle’s bread and butter. You do what you do best and you dictate the terms and not have the defense dictate them to you. In regards to a fade I think it would have had to have been done on a roll out. Force the defenders up to stop Wilson and hopefully that opens up the possibility of lofting a ball into the corner.

Boulder:
    Pats and Seahawks have rings with tarnish on them imo. I don’t want that. I want a clean win. I don’t want any asteriks next to our SB wins in the books. I do care how we play the game. I don’t condone cheating. I still want to win as much as the next guy but to me it matters how you get there. The end does not justify the means.

• Brian in NY says:

I agree about the Pats Ken, but not about the Seahawks. If I had to, I would bet that every team in the NFL has players currently using PEDS.

But by far and away they are the biggest offenders to the point where I doubt is a coincidence.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 5m5 minutes ago
    Britt is an avid ballroom dancer. To see her Cha Cha routine, visit her profile on http://dolphinscheerleaders.com

AHHHHHHHH SPLINTERED BOARD!!!!!!!

But this training camp, quarterback Ryan Tannehill has talked about leading. So has center Mike Pouncey. And Tannenbaum made it clear to Suh that those qualities were part of his job description, too.

“Mike Tannenbaum definitely challenged me and it is a challenge that I always accept no matter what,” Suh said. “As I have grown up and understood in the league, being hopefully one of the elite guys, to be good and to be great as I want to be, you have to go out there and help the guys around you, especially younger guys.”

Take Phillips, the 6-foot-6, 330-pound fellow tackle who wouldn’t have been available with the 52nd pick if not for his reputation for being lazy. Phillips accepted Suh’s invitation to come out to Oregon so they could work out together for three weeks.

“To take a young player under his wing so to speak and do those things, that’s one great example that he’s done already in the short time he’s been here,” Philbin said.

I really like Tannenbaum, I think he gives us Credibility, that we haven’t had since Parcells left. I don’t think we get Suh without him. In league circles Philbin and Hickey are JAGs.

Talking about our players making the Pro Bowl… We go along way, if one of our players makes it, Tannehill. The rest of the O just needs to do their own job. Spread the ball around would make it tough for the receivers to make it, including Landry, who I think has a better yr, but doesn’t get in, because he’s playing in the slot.

ffr,
    here is a better analogy.
    Lets say my wife and I have average sex. Not bad but not great either. You know 8-8 sex. Then she goes out and buys this illegal wonder drug. It makes us have awesome sex. You know superbowl championship type sex. Afterwards do I care she broke the law to get the drug? Most probably not 🙂

ken,
    all of my friends that are patriots fans don’t give a rats ass about the cheating. They’re still high from winning the superbowl.

Lots of people don’t care about cheating in all sorts of ways. Others do so it’s different for everyone. If we won and I know we cheated it wouldn’t be as rewarding as a fan. I’d accept it because they likely wouldn’t take it away, but it would be tainted.

I prefer not to cheat. When I play ball, I never cheat, and I always wait for the batter to get set in the box before I pitch. If I’m going to beat him, I’m going to beat him fairly. Much more rewarding to win like that IMO.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I don’t disagree that its more rewarding if you win without cheating. But we’re not winning.

cheating or not I’m jealous of my friends that are patriot fans right now. They have had team to root for in January a lot more than I have.

Ken,
    They just got caught more. If you tested every player, every week there would be a ton of suspensions.

Every team is supposedly subject to the same testing as all the others. There is a reason why they get caught more. They cheat more. Carroll cheated in college and I don’t doubt for a moment that he is at least aware of the rampant PED use on his team. More rampant than others. Don’t rain on my hate of Pete Carroll. LOL.

Don;t forget to vote int he poll
    I see Good Ole Bobby McCain received 1 vote

(signing) Bobby McCain…Dooo Dooo Doooooooooooo

Mike,
    as for your earlier comment: YES 10 times one season. I think that we were on prime time 3 or 4 games, and it just so happened that we had good matchups the weeks the Jets were playing at other times, so I was able to see ten games on regular TV, which doesn’t mean shit when you’re paying for it! It was getting to the point where I was getting pissed when they were on local TV because I felt like I was somehow getting hosed!

Boulder:
    You would be fine with Joe doing a Tonya Harding to Brady’s knee if we meant we won the division? C’mon cheating is not made okay if you win.

If you listen to the Patriots fans they say
      Way to we kill everyone next year! Tom Brady is going to be pisses
      I even hear NFL analysts say this

And I am like WTF!
      This is going to make people forget
      what does one have to do with the other

• Brian in NY says:

Right. Brady is going to be so pissed that he got caught, watch out! I hope that we destroy him/then in the games we play them even more now.

I am out for now. Peace

Piggy,
    BTW Woodbury Commons is about 1 1/2 hours from me. You’re pretty brave for going there on a Sunday!

91. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,
    The Patriots hubris is measured by claims that Jimmy Garoppolo is the best QB in the division LOL.

92. Al in MIA says:

This league is rough on some players :/.
    Eagles lost OLB Travis Long to a blown ACL (same knee he blew out last year).

Ouch, that sucks, cause reoccurrence of a torn ACL in same knee is said to be like 10-20%.
      Is why some guys do great after a full recovery…maybe they rushed him too soon, or he wasn’t ‘listening to his knee’, like Delmas & Will Davis are 😉

93. Al in MIA says:

GDP,
    LOL. Should be a rock with Belichick’s face on it.

BoulderPhinfan says:
    August 3, 2015 at 5:04 pm

ffr,
    here is a better analogy.

yeah, if the fins find a wonder drug that makes them win great, but that has nothing to do with the pats cheating. how’s this. you and your wife have 8-8 sex, then she goes out and cheats on you and finds away of making sex with you by cheating championship sex. are you still happy now you and your wife have championship sex.

Tim Knight

I wouldn’t want to know my team cheated to win. That would taint it for me.

i agree, i think that is the point of most on here. if the fins win by cheating and get caught like the cheats have over and over and everytime, it would suck when every fan just points out you only win by cheating

• BoulderPhinfan says:

as long as they get a ring who cares. Brady has 4 rings and 6 super bowl appearances the last 12 years. What do we have?

getterdone says:
    August 3, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Do you hang out on sex blogs too???

i told you before yes, and the first time was free advice, if you want me again to tell you how to do it you have to pay for it.

Bri

Do you get both Jets and Bills games locally? That might explain it.

getterdone says:
    August 3, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Ok, so how much to tell us how to keep Ken in the basement?

yeah right, like i would sell that secret at any price

LMAO @ 8-8 sex

ken,
    I doubt the NFL would give the phins the title if philbin had to do that.

My point is the pats are getting a championship. So their cheating must have not been a big enough deal to take away their trophy. In the eyes of the NFL and the world they are the champions whether we like it or not. So there are levels of cheating.

• Try Pod says:

I gotta disagree. Under the situation as it’s been described, the patriots are Barry bonds- no one considers him the home run champ.

That’s true but to me they’re a tainted team and I don’t respect them like other championship teams. So to me they’re faux champions. I want to beat them and win fair and square.

Boulder

I’d rather not win if I have to cheat to win. That’s just how I feel. I know some people who feel otherwise, and that’s fine too.

To me it goes against what sport is all about. Look at Lance Armstrong. He’s no longer respected as a great champion and is now known for being a cheater a douche.

102. Jahndoh30 says:

8-8 sex, championship sex..what is this an issue of Cosmopolitan? Sex is like Pizza. Even when it’s bad, it’s still pretty good.

Jahn gives new meaning to stuffed crust. LOL

First-year 49ers OC Geep Chryst says he does not want “tightly defined roles” in San Francisco’s backfield this season.
    Chryst also said he has “no idea” how the depth chart will shake out. “That’s what we need camp to find out.” Carlos Hyde remains the front-runner for early-down work, while Reggie Bush should be the top option in passing situations. Kendall Hunter and rookie Mike Davis are also vying for tailback snaps.
    ____________________________
    WOW, what a lineup of RB’s to work with.

Philbin on Sunday’s practice in pads.

BoulderPhinfan says:
    August 3, 2015 at 6:27 pm

cheating to win shows you dont have the ability to win without breaking the rules

and ok, fine we all get it, you will cheat to win. thats fine if that is who you are. just most on here have said they wont cheat to win. i prefer that, to not cheat to win.

i will just remember to not play cards with you. lol

James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL
    It’s early but @T_Fede is getting to a point where second-teamers can’t block him. That’s a sign Fede is ready to make a jump.
    __________________________
    Heck yeah! Screw Dion Jordan!

The Finsiders ‏@TheFinsiders 2h2 hours ago
    Now, we get a Rookie Report and speak with guard @JamilDouglas75! On @SunSportsFOXFL & http://www.miamidolphins.com/finatics/comment-center/

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 4m4 minutes ago
    “I want to do it all.”

@dolphineret: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/3gqm0

HEY MIKE E; Miami announcer says “Colon already has a 3-run cushion here in the second inning.” Was he referring to the home run or to Colon’s massive gut??
    ————
    Guess he was referring to the homer. Colon’s got something closer to a “9 run cushion” around his belly!” IN FACT, Mets may win this game by 9 runs!

IN THE ASS WITH A SPLINTERED BOARD OK FELLAS?

112. drg says:

Nice job Pig, Mustachio has great taste in players. I think McCain has spent more time on the boundary than the slot throughout his career, but he is really quick so the slot may be a good spot for him. Haven’t watched him too closely since his Utah days, but he was more effective playing off the ball and using his speed and breaking ability.

Thanks DRG

Nice to see you here
      I encourage you to come tomorrow for some Brady bashing
      I have a special Oddyssey set to go
      🙂

ffr and everyone else,

I would rather win without cheating as well. And I bet every pats fan would rather not have the asterisks next to their championships. But I have yet to meet a pats fan (and I know a lot of them) that wasn’t ecstatic about the way their team has played the last 12 years. And I bet if brady and belicheat were on the phins, and we’d won all those titles, we’d feel the same way. Anything else is hypocritical. People are people.

I don’t think you are wrong

But I feel like there is this idea that winning makes everything okay
      And it doesn’t
      Take something less obvious then the cheats
      What about a player like Michael Vick
      Pretend he is going to have his best year (his first year in Philly)
      Pretend that you signing him would make the dolphins a playoff team
      Would you do it?

The patriots can’t take back how badly they tarnished the game

It’s one thing to celebrate winning, especially if it’s your team
      It’s another to resort to cheating to win
      Most patriots fans don’t believe. The patriots cheated
      They are celebrating but they are in denial about it
      And they don’t want to know the truth

If the patriots win the Super Bowl next years (legally) are they less cheaters ?
      Cheating stands alone as a smear to the game

Winning doesn’t affect it
      The reason most patriots fans are so proud is bc at the time it was occurring they weren’t aware of it, and after they found, they rationalized why it didn’t happen

But if you had the chance to cheat or to lose, you might pick losing
      I think a lot if people might chose to lose rather than win the wrong way

• dbolt48 says:

It’s not the denial, but rather the everyone else is doing it response, but we unfairly got caught because the NFL has it out for us. Fucking North East Douche Bags!!!! 90% of these Patriots cock sucker fans couldn’t name a single guy from the roster who wasn’t mentioned in sports center. Fucking dip shitted retards!

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I think it probably is denial. But I don’t agree that fans are different. They are dolphin fans everywhere and there are patriot fans everywhere. I’ve been to miami once in my life but I’ve been a dolphins fan my whole life. It’s human nature.

Was that sex 8 times
    Or 8 inches
    I’m struggling with the analogy

Aight, got tickets for the San Diego game.

Who do we want the starting LBs to be? Jenkins, Misi, and McCain or Jenkins, Sheppard, and Misi? What about Tripp, does he have a shot to start?

• dbolt48 says:

Tripp will take someone’s starting spot this year. Smart money is on Misi. Get it because of injury, but keep it because of play. I think McCain gets moved to DE full time.

BOULDER: Could not POSSIBLY DISAGREE with you more than on your suggestion that most/all Dolfans would LOVE to win Super Bowls, even if it meant obvious cheating was necessary to win them. FANS ARE FANS? NO! FANS ARE DIFFERENT!! AND SO ARE COACHES AND ORGANIZATIONS!! When offered a playbook of a team they were about to play, Shula declined, telling an assistant coach to “Return the playbook.” Give me championships won fair & square, or give me NO CHAMPIONSHIPS AT ALL!!
    ————
    Do NOT assume the faults of Patriots fans are shared by all (or even MOST) fans of all teams. When Dolphin players of yesteryear have behaved badly, I have ripped them mercilessly, even IF they were all-star performers. I find bad behavior and BLATANT CHEATING to be HIGHLY OFFENSIVE. and I won’t excuse certain college teams or certain pro teams who knowingly employ those tactics on a large scale. NOW I KNOW my moral compass does not point in the same direction as everybody’s. But it’s MY MORAL COMPASS and I will NEVER SANCTION THE LIKES OF BELICHEAT, ROBERT KRAP or TOM-BOY BRADY who make a mockery of football and society’s rules of moral behavior. To me, they are cheaters, plain and simple. The only HALL they belong in is the Hall of SHAME!!

• BoulderPhinfan says:

Let me ask you this. If you now found out that one of the ball people deflated the footballs during the undefeated season. Would you think differently about the phins and what they accomplished?

ON A HAPPIER NOTE, one team that won back-to-back Super Bowls and was NEVER accused of cheating during those two seasons was our beloved ’72-’73 Miami Dolphins. –Tomorrow, on this site, our boys will try to shut out the winners of Super Bowl V, the Baltimore Colts, for the FOURTH CONSECUTIVE TIME!!! CAN THEY DO IT??? The Old Dolfan will take you back to the historic Orange Bowl for the next installment of “FOLLOWING PERFECTION!” –Hope you all enjoy it!

DBOLT: I’d LOVE to have you seated near me when Miami hosts “the CHEATS” the last game of the regular season!! – – HOPE you can make it!!

AT 7:42 I said “the Mets might win this game by 9 runs!” WRONG!!! Mets winning 12-0, and it’s ONLY the 7th inning! –ENJOY, Mike E., ENJOY!! –Your boys will soon be all alone in first place!

from above.
    piggy,

I think it probably is denial. But I don’t agree that fans are different. There are dolphin fans everywhere and there are patriot fans everywhere. I’ve been to miami once in my life but I’ve been a dolphins fan my whole life. Why? because of dan marino.

It’s human nature to root for your team good or bad and kinda look the other way regarding the bad. Parents always think their kids are innocent. That’s how I look at it.

TEAM players

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins · 1h1 hour ago
    “Wherever they need me to play, I’ll play. ”

MISI: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/3gr34

dbolt48 says:

August 3, 2015 at 9:10 pm

———————————–
    I wonder if the Sheppard at MLB is, because they do want McCain at DE. I don’t see why he should play OLB when he can’t cover.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn · 3h3 hours ago
    Former #Jaguars WR Ace Sanders 10-game suspension for second violation of #NFL drug policy. Suspended 4 games last year as well

steveccnv says:

August 3, 2015 at 10:13 pm
    Neither can cover, at least that’s what I’ve heard, so do you take Sheppard out for the nickel?

No he doesn’t get in because he can’t cover!

Everyone get ready for a Brady bashing Oddyssey tomorrow