Next Man Up…

Game 3 of the PRE season

It’s a beautiful (muggy, maybe a hurricane) Saturday evening in South Florida and the newly renovated Sun Life Stadium is open for business in all of it’s glory. Everyone is here. The Dolphins are here. The Falcons are here. The fans are here. The nice leather seats are here, the fancy concession stands, the new not orange seats are all here, everyone is here…

EXCEPT for a Left Tackle for the Dolphins.

Who is going to play Left Tackle in this all unimportant pre-season game?

Will Jason Fox (concussion) be cleared to play? Early indications are – no.

How about Branden Albert? Too risky for his first game back when the starters are expected to play into the third quarter.

So then who? Who cares, that’s who. Atlanta has a horrible defense. Put Dallas Thomas there, put Linkenbach there, put Hawkins there. It shouldn’t matter who plays there in this game the offense should roll.

Did I mention the leather seats?

The Dolphins are suddenly everyone’s darling pick to make a playoff run and possibly unseat New England and take the AFC East title. You can’t do that if you’re worried about a Left Tackle going into the game 3 in pre-season against a crap defense. Put a guy there and go beat them.

“Put me in there coach”

Fox and Albert are both expected to be ready to start the season, you know when it matters.

Louis Delmas lost for the season is unfortunate especially for him but for the team as well. So next man up. Aiken and M. Thomas look to be the front runners both will play a lot regardless of which one starts.

Hopefully the team can avoid the ravaging amount of injuries it sustained last year but no matter what it has to be – Next man up. A lot of young players will need to step up during a long season, they have to be ready and they have to be able to be counted on.

“I’m ready coach”

All the best to Devante Parker, Koa Misi, Don Jones, Jay Ajayi, Jason Fox, Branden Albert and Jamar Taylor as you guys get ready to return from injury.

Prediction for this game – Pain

Here is the link to Boulder’s sheet to make your predictions for this seasons team and record:

(add your name if you don’t see it)

This entry was posted in A Sonny Football Fantasy. Bookmark the permalink.

290 Responses to Next Man Up…

1. ocalahowie says:

I cant make that prediction thing work. I click my name, type in on a little comment box and nothing happens,,,
    I QUIT!

2. jetsssuck says:

I wonder what the dolphins are gonna do if erika continues towards current path. game would end around 10pm saturday and storm is scheduled to hit 2 am Monday that’s less than 28 hours for fans to prepare. Sounds like Hurricane Andrew and how dolphin fans at game tampa bay were not warned. Wife is giving away tickets to employees

3. jetsssuck says:

Booker T Washington (Dade)VS St Thomas Aquinas(Broward) HS match up of 2 national ranked powerhouses tonight on national TV tonight.espn I think.

4. uwantwat says:

JS..I really enjoyed reading that interview with Philbin.
    I’m expecting big things from the Phins this year.

The problems Miami has in the offensive line can be hidden/overlooked during the first half of the season when the schedule is somewhat less imposing. But by the time we get to the second half of the schedule, Miami’s lack of quality depth in the O-Line will be exposed. BUT IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY!!!!!! – – Tannenbaum and Hickey can scour the waiver wire, study the final cuts made just before the season starts, and come up with a couple of guys who could, in a pinch, step in for a few games and keep the Miami Scoring Machine in high gear!! – – And make no mistake, THIS TEAM WILL SCORE POINTS, LOTS AND LOTS OF POINTS, if only Tannehill has those precious seconds he needs to find his 2nd and 3rd options!!
    SO QUESTION #1 FOR 2015 IS: CAN T-BAUM & DO-HICKEY GET THE JOB DONE??–CAN THEY FIND US THE “RIGHT GUYS” WHO CAN STEP IN WHEN THE INEVITABLE INJURIES TAKE PLACE DURING A VERY LONG NFL SEASON??
    ————————————
    QUESTION #2 FOR 2015 CAN NOT BE SO EASILY REMEDIED: CAN PHILBIN CUT BACK ON HIS PROPENSITY TO MAKE QUESTIONABLE COACHING DECISIONS IN KEY POINTS OF BIG GAMES?? – – The best way to remedy this problem is to have a big lead in the 4th quarter so as to remove the “Philbin Factor” from the equation. – – I expect big leads for Miami in several games during the earlier stages of the schedule. But as Miami enters the month of November, the games figure to be closer and more competitive. The games decided in the last few minutes have usually NOT gone our way during the Philbin Era. THIS MUST CHANGE if Miami is to advance to the playoffs and actualy WIN a playoff game for the first time since the 2000 season!! – – I am on record as favoring a coaching change after last season. Indeed, ROSS has promised a change at the top IF we don’t make the playoffs in 2015. FRANKLY, I DO NOT think Philbin is up to the task. But I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. Until then, he still has to “SHOW ME” he can find success in crunch time during the months of November and December.

Nice job Sonny! Are they Corinthian leather?

OD

I think Albert will be available at the latest by game 3, and more than likely before that. The question is, can he handle it, and play up to the level he’s always played at? That remains to be seen.

8. jetsssuck says:

OD says
    Indeed, ROSS has promised a change at the top IF we don’t make the playoffs in 2015. ——This is untrue ROSS has said nothing of the sort.

I heard the song “With Your Love” by Jefferson Starship, and it reminded me that I always liked Marty Balin’s voice quality. I started reading up on him, and Grace Slick. Check this out from Grace Slick. Crazy shiot!

Incidents[edit]

Slick and Tricia Nixon, former President Richard Nixon’s daughter, are alumnae of Finch College. Slick was invited to a tea party for the alumnae at the White House in 1969. She invited political activist Abbie Hoffman to be her escort and planned to spike President Richard Nixon’s tea with 600 micrograms of LSD. The plan was thwarted when they were prevented from entering after being recognized by White House security personnel, as Slick had been placed on an FBI blacklist. Slick later speculated that she only received the invitation because it was addressed to “Grace Wing” (the singer’s maiden name), and that she never would’ve been invited if the Nixons had known that “Grace Wing” was the anti-establishment singer Grace Slick.

LOL
      Great Story
      Would have been funny if Nixon was on LSD for a day

but the reality is, albeit Hoffman and Slick probably thought it would have changed his politics, in 8 hours he would have been the same guy –

LOL, such a different time. Rock & Roll were pinkos and commies.

Nice write up Son
    Usually I think of Game 3 as the most important game
    but I don;t even want to play this game…lol
    Hopefully the teams have a gentleman’s agreement or something, and players just fall down after the catch or run out of bounds…lol

OD, I don’t get the questionable call stuff from Philbin in games. It’s funny the guy can make a call here or there over the course of the season that are questionable and people act like he makes 2-3 blunders a game and I don’t see it. I think he’s the best game manager we’ve had in a long time. It’s really easy to 2nd guess something when it doesn’t work. The guy has been almost perfect on coaching challenges. The bottom line is it comes down to execution. The team hasn’t played well down the stretch and that’s another issue. But I do not fear Philbin being the one that costs us with a call.

Now if he goes to make a questionable call he can look over and see if Suh is giving him the stink eye

That was a good interview with Philbin (Jetssuck put a link up above). He’s really evolving which is cool to see. You gotta love his confidence level.

Coaches develop too. Based on what some people say about him you would think he inherited a playoff team and destroyed it going 4-12 every year. He’s 23-25 but now is the time to get over the hump. Anything less than playoffs will be a disappointment within the org from top to bottom.

I can see Nixon, with his peace sign finger gestures, shaking his jowls, and saying, “I AM NOT A PTERODACTYL!” lol

14. drg says:

Thanks Son,

I think Philbin is a great guy, just not sold on him as my HC. I do think that this roster fits his style much better than years past. Lots of guys that don’t need their ego stroked. I also think this team can win and be successful with Philbin. Hoping this is the year. If we can stay healthy I really like our chances.

I do see the Pterodactyl!

LMAO at the thought of Nixon on acid. “I am not a crook…I am panda bear”

nice job son. And thanks for posting the link.

No problem, I’m still trying to get us more time. I need my Sunday coffee to figure this out after having seen the game Sat. night.

Howie,
    Just put your mouse in the yellow box under your name and across for the game and click the left button on the mouse and start typing W or L. then use the down arrow to go down and do the same for the other games.

If you want to post your prediction here on board I’ll fill it in for you.

DrG sighting!

How ya doing bud, haven’t seen you in a while.
    Are you going to make it to the 10/25 game?

Son,
    That’s fine. how about we call the deadline Sunday At noon eastern?

I like it.
      I really need to see a group of players that I just can’t decide on. Mosely, Vigil, Stoneburner, Francis, Will Davis among them plus a few others.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

ok cool. Sunday Noon it is. Then we’ll crown the winner of the roster challenge once all the cuts are made. I have a feeling there will be more than one 🙂 This year seems easier than years before.

I read the article from MMBQ that jetsucks posted. I hope this sport science/psychology stuff works and makes this team tougher at the end of the year. This could easily be a 10 win team. They just need to go out and do it.

Piggy, everyday in America.

LOL @ Mike E on the strawberry

August 28, 2015 at 9:55 am
    LOL

LMAO! That had me literally laughing out loud. I love the wrestling one.

Okay folks
    It looks like the Houston game has won the poll
    Let’s try to get a head count of who plans to attend

Who is in
    Piggy
    Stanger (+1)
    OD (better half TBA)
    Son (+3)
    Rock
    Al ( in, maybe +1)
    Toba (+3, including the dreaded Pats fan)
    Brian in NY
    Mike E (maybe with +1, +2 or +3)
    FFR (maybe)
    Ken (maybe)
    Herd (maybe)
    drg (maybe)
    Gigi (maybe)
    Bookman (Slattery’s sideline reports)

Repost and add you name if you plan on going to texans at dolphins.
    ———————
    And we have seats reserved already……..but need a final number the group section 45 days before the game.

Ken says:
    August 28, 2015 at 10:06 am
    LMAO at the thought of Nixon on acid. “I am not a crook…I am panda bear”
    ————————————-
    Just ask the fish over there he knows. OMG WHY IS YOUR FACE MELTING…. WEEE RAINBOWS>

CavalierKong says:
    August 28, 2015 at 10:50 am
    August 28, 2015 at 9:55 am
    LOL

LMAO! That had me literally laughing out loud. I love the wrestling one.
    —————————————-
    Use to be fark.com was like that for almost any post that had pictures and people would just post pictures and say he see what you guys can do with this. Some of the shit was really creative and remarkably seamless with the original picture. I think Reddit people do that a lot now too.

Wait, what kind of mushrooms were they?

Stanger,
    Did you reserve a section for us in those leather seats behind the end zone?

31. jetsssuck says:

And to think FBI is still looking for the hackers when FBI was at the DEFCON convention with a booth and they were pre warned about exposing Ashley Madison 35 million accounts if it wasn’t taken down.

Mike,
    Are you definitely in for the fest?

On that photoshop story check out the link in the story to the previous time it happened with the eiffel tower…lol

I hope all you FLA people stay safe and the storm turns out to be just a rainstorm rather than a hurricane.

Ditto!

• jetsssuck says:

The local media is going to have a field day with this. Thank goodness the cable channels don’t panic. It’s only going to b a cat 1 barely a hurricane if it strengthens a little more. We don’t need hurricanes but this is a good test run on well we are prepared compared to 10 yrs ago and 23 yrs ago for andrew. I’m really surprised the dolphins are scheduled to play despite fans will only have 26-28 hrs for hurricane to prepare after game.

In all my days living in So Fla, the hype was so over the top about hurricanes and tropical storms

i think part of the reason Andrew caught me off guard is I was used to blowing off the media who like to exploit the panic

I love when reporters go out into the storm so they can show us what wind and rain looks like. “As you can see the wind is so strong my hat just flew off and I have to try extra hard to keep my balance.” LOL

August 28, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Heeeey! TMI Piggy!

The dude definitely had issues and the warning signs were there.

Brian, I’ve always thought one of these days a piece of sheet metal is going to go flying by and decapitate a reporter. Get the fuck inside asshole, we all know what strong wind and rain looks like, we have these things called windows. LOL

Mike,
    Hopefully you can make the fest this year. We have to start thinking about the NE fest. That may be a tough one for me to make as I’m already going to three games this year.

40. jetsssuck says:

well guys gotta go..I’m going to put up some shutters then the rest tomorrow.Better prepared than sorry.

RIP:
    Hall of Fame coach Al Arbour, who led the New York Islanders to four straight Stanley Cups, has died at age 82.

damn violent super heros. just more in the pussification of america

Bri

It’s really up in the air right now. My wife isn’t sure she can go, and she also mentioned that Lucas, my younger son doesn’t really want to go, so I have to figure things out.

I really like listening to Sheppard talk about the D and his role. There’s this one and one from earlier in the week or even last week:

August 28, 2015 at 12:10 pm

————————————–
    Wierd part is other Hurricane areas, like the gulf coast, dont generally make a big deal about hurricanes, and unfortunately for a lot of them take them for granted because we are use to having them. Cat 1-3 most people dont bother leaving, strong 3 maybe, but for most part they dont respect anything below a 4. Problem is right before they hit they have a tendency in the gul to beef up just before landfall so they hit harder than people anticipated. I still dont get freaking out over them, look at it, see if your in the cone, make plans, make a decision a head of time and then leave or stay put, but dont get caught in between.

Atlantic side most of the time doesnt get that big build up right before landfall so what you see 24 hours out is probably pretty close to what you will see when it hits.

Ive sat outside in florida rooms or screened in porches and watched hurricanes blow through, but if ieven looks like it is going to land as a 3 i fall back to higher ground lol.

Charlie pounded us pretty good but I sat outside (in the garage) and watched Francis and Jean blow through that same year. it was fun. Charlie was at night and pretty bad so we had to stay in for that, peoples shingles and stuff were flying all over the place. plus trees going down.

August 28, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Thats pretty stupid

Is it just me
    or is the name of the school missing from that article

i dont know, i quit reading when i saw it was banned because super heros solve things with violence. based on that you would have to ban ken around here.

i just wonder what idiot came up with that.

what that little girl should have done when they told her she cant bring it to school cause wonder woman solves things with violence was wrap the teacher up side the head with the lunch box and say ‘violence that bitch’

Can only assume that was a private school and thats why all the articles ive looked at dont list the school. Only thing i can come up with, why several sources telling the story have no information about what school or even in what state.

Might be a fake story just to get people to read: Super heroes stop things with violence.
      Give me an f’n break.

I’m almost sure its a private school

I was thinking it was a catholic school or something
      and the issue wasn;t violence it was that wonder woman is a “Goddess”

when I went to catholic school they occassionally did weird things like that
      they banned rubix cubes b/c it was a “devils toy”….lol

but I saw in another article the school said it a statement that wonder woman and all super heroes banned their policy about violent images and all super heroes fall under that category

– which is dumb

Yeah the rubix cube is the devil’s toy but smacking kids with rulers and priests playing touchy feely is God’s love. Got it! LOL

son of a son of a shula says:
    August 28, 2015 at 12:59 pm

and people say hurricane parties are not smart.

Francis was a blast, I remember making breakfast on my coleman stove then transitioning to beer and partying as we watched it blow through.

August 28, 2015 at 12:27 pm
    ————————————–
    May have been Katrina but i remember one storm the crew wasnt outside but they were in a hotel out on the blacony filming it and the storm surge was washing up to the bottom of the building and getting stronger and stronger. I was like damn we are about to watch these fools be completely trapped by the storm and slowly die on cameras the waters rise and wash them away. Storm surge is a VERY powerful force, makes the wind seem insignificant in comparison. Together, just fucking brutal.

Do you think they sent that little girl home in an invisible car

Stanger,
    Did you reserve a section for us in those leather seats behind the end zone?
    ——————
    Brian — won’t be exactly like that way. More like…….

I might get a lunchbox of my own

My condo just sent me an e-mail ordering me to get all residents to take their furniture off their balconies even if “they aren’t sure whether the storm will hit our area yet.”

For me that means stacking all the shiot in my living room. My response, if I actually sent one…….”break down my frick’n door.”

Now when we see swirling patio furniture and a Pirates baseball cap around Ft Lauderdale on the evening news – we know who to blame

LOL — but don’t worry about the cap. Only way they find this one is on top of the head of a body in a Fields jersey.

son,

oh that, well yeah, i was more talking about charlie pounding you hard while watching jean and francis blow

Ah the memories of Ike!

Shoveling reeds out of the living room
    Snakes in the cupboards
    Saltwater in my motor
    Shed parked in the house

Stay safe guys!!!!!!!!

Cool! Stanger, do we go on line and pay with some sort of reservation number or do I need to get the CASH to you?

This is the model who will play wonder woman in the batman/superman movie coming out

Honestly, I think they should have gotten some one a little more athletic rather than a fashion model

piggy,

they picked a fashion model so she would just stop the bad guys with a colorful scarf, not violence.

i hope what some of you guys said is correct, that it is just a fake article.

The only thing I can say about that model playing Wonder Woman is, I Wonder why that Woman? SirMixALot would NOT approve!

Katy Perry would be a good Wonder Woman

These winds are uncontrollable

Look what they have done to the blog

August 28, 2015 at 1:13 pm

LOL — not sure exactly what it is, but did remind me of when Rock turned around last Fest. 🙂

Join us for the whole thing including the night before…….and then lets see how much energy you have come 4th Q. 🙂

LOL @ Piggy

Here is the picture on your lunch box Piggy

Or maybe it was this one

August 28, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Katy Perry would be a good Wonder Woman

katy perry would be a make a good ex mrs ffr

Both are porkly

More for Piggy (you know I’m and ass man.) (Note that there is no comma between ass & man, although in my case there could be..)

I was going to post a link, but I’m not sure how to make it show up as just a link and not come in as a picture so you guys can just Google “wonder woman body paint” yourselves….LOL

The new wonder woman is hot as hell….but she is just too puny to go beating people up. At least in a day past……..this is who would be perfect.

Rock, paste the link in and add the letter s to the end of it without a space and just the link will show up

The new Wonder Woman is 5-10 and they’ll probably make her look bigger.

“My nose wasn’t bleeding! Though my eyes MAY have been that bug-eyed as I screamed at you pussy hand sitters to STAND THE FUCK UP AND MAKE SOME NOISE”
    I dont feel the need to stand when I am 7 rows from the top of the stadium. I can see fine from up there!

August 28, 2015 at 1:21 pm (Edit)

I do too
    she is hot

but generally I tend not to love fashion model’s builds
    _________________________________
    Piggy prefers a little bit more ham on them bones.

We NEED to win 11 games this year. So I can stop hearing that we don’t have a “winning” HC & QB. They are currently 2 games under 500 so they need to win 11 this year to be one game above 500 and “winners”

Here ya go Ken:

Stanger, I will go out on a limb and say that PFF is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% better at evaluating players than the “trained eye”

It’s ok, it’s not so bad being between me and a hard place.

I have decided to change my avi once again. Let’s see how you guys like this one as apposed to my most recent “factory air conditioning” avi

Maybe D is right after all. I’ve always thought PFF was garbage. 🙂

Holey Crap! Punky Brewster has really grown up!

Brian in NY says:
    August 28, 2015 at 2:45 pm
    Yess, but Ken and I were also leaning gently against each other waiting for the inevitable…
    ————————————-
    BTW, pretty open to interpretation there my friend, Scary scary…disturbing interpretation

LOL D. But you got realize what happens at the Fest stays at the Fest. Come to one and you’ll learn what it is really like….after you sign the confidentiality agreement of course. 🙂

She looks just like her Mom and will likely also be a super model when she gets a bit older.

PLAY BALL!

Rock turn Omar off and get that ass back up

Or what? You wont read my posts or reply? LOL I barely get anyone to reply to my posts with my factory air avi!

I read your posts and a lot of times I’m reading to catch up so many times I do lol

Anyone see Rock lately?

Ok, I had to change it back. I couldn’t stand looking at that dumb ass ugly mug. It gave me the willies.

A friend of mine who is a Giants fan protected Miller and drafted Tannehill and Landry as starters. That’s a good sign we’re trending in the right direction.

whatever happened to this Andrew Carter guy?

Punctuation is critical to sentence structure and a misplaced comma can completely change the meaning of a sentence.
    eg.

Let’s eat, Grandma.
    Let’s eat Grandma.
    I am an ass man.
    I am an ass, man.

Here is a riddle my bosses 6 year old told me today. It gives it self away when it’s written out but she had me stumped for a while when she told it to me verbally.

There is a fenced field. In the field there are 30 cows. 20 ate chickens (28)

how many didn’t?

I kept saying “that doesn’t make sense. how many didn’t what?”

Sometimes you get a moment that makes you realize how lucky we all are.

My car didn’t have an ashtray option (screw whoever decided that), so I have this pullout one with a cover like a coffee mug. I’m dumping it today at a 7-11. As I pulled out the top a bunch of used butts spill out.

All of a sudden a guy is picking them up. I say “Thanks dude but don’t worry about it. My bad I’ll clean up.” He says…..”No man, I want them……next time around just give me all of them.”

There but for the grace of god.

If you love something set it free
    If it comes back, it means noone else liked it
    Set it free again.

LOL, in a field, like a farmers field…..are the chickens in the same field lol…. funny how when the brain fails to be able to rationalize something it gets crazy with the fact finding questions trying to orient itself.

Dear jesus…………….

Brian:
    Thank you for the pic of the chicks with swords. It rocks.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 3h3 hours ago
    3 more weeks until our Swimsuit Fashion Show and Calendar Unveiling! Reserve your tickets at http://dolphinscheerleaders.com/unveiling

Oh god at the line of pervs that will be there for that event. I wonder how those girls will be able to hold a straight face knowing those dudes will probably whack it to their picts as soon as they get it home.

101. jetsssuck says:

August 28, 2015 at 1:11 pm

—————————————————-
    you gotta take the patio furn in but I would wait till the last day Sunday eve. You don’t want the furn breaking the glass doors.

Tie the shit down with bungee cords, even if the wind is strong enough to blow the furniture around it wont be able to blow it around hooked up to those. Those things have held shit in place with people going over 100 on the istate, i think they will hold up for a TS.

js — My thought as well. Might be have to take it in but no way do I do it two days before I have too. But my complex is real anal.

Obvious choice!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

Tim Knight
    4 hours ago
    LOL @ Shed parked in the house

————————————————-

104. jetsssuck says:

looks like tonights national espn tV game booker t washington vs St Thomas HS game is going to be played in the rain. 9 state titles between 2 of them since 2007 and 4 national titles

• jetsssuck says:

being played at brian piccolo park

St. Thomas is the high school with the most representatives of current and former NFL players of any HS in the nation.

Incidentally Florida has 14 of the top 30 high schools in that list.

Double checked, and they have had the most draft picks…. but other schools have had more representatives, counting UDFA’s players and walk-ons.

• jetsssuck says:

they are ranked #2 nationally and booker t washington has a 41 game winning streak with 5 state titles since 2007. John Bosa’s son plays for st.thomas and is commited to ohio st with his brother next yr. The kid is amazing he’s like suh at the pro level. Torry Holts nephew plays also for st.thomas. He was amazing last yr he looked like he was playing against kids.

105. jetsssuck says:

micheal irving’s son plays for st thomas also

106. jetsssuck says:

the most famous NFL player who ever played for St Thomas was Brian Piccolo

• jetsssuck says:

from wikipedia

In memory of Piccolo’s accomplishments, the St. Thomas Aquinas High School football stadium in Fort Lauderdale is named after him. At the end of every football game, the school’s marching band plays “The Hands of Time”, the theme from Brian’s Song.

Wow Son what’s with the Rosan Rosannadanna article? So you don’t think we should worry about who’s blocking our franchise QBs blindside? Are you kidding me?

Texans released S Stevie Brown.
    Brown opened camp as the favorite to start opposite Rahim Moore, but the Texans saw more upside in keeping Quintin Demps. Andre Hal will continue to start in base packages. Brown had just $40,000 of his veteran-minimum deal guaranteed. The safety-needy Giants should have interest in bringing back Brown.
    _______________________________
    This is a guy I was wanting the Phins to take a look at before FA started this year, but we resigned Delmas, who’s now gone.
    He’s 28 and in 2012 he had 8 INT’s with the Giants….damn ball hawk!
    He missed all of 2013 with injury, but has been working his way back somewhat.
    I hope Hickey is looking at the inside info on him.

Wyo, I thought you were joking about the shed in house. Is that your shed in house?

Just run the f’n ball right behind Turner and James and get those boys fired up.

ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss suggests Brandon LaFell (foot) could open the season on the reserve/PUP list.
    WEEI Boston’s Chris Price suggested the same thing earlier this week. The Patriots provide no details on injuries, and LaFell’s has been a mystery since he showed up at spring practices with a walking boot on his foot. If LaFell isn’t ready to play in Week 1, Jimmy Garoppolo’s three-wide set would presumably consist of Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, and Reggie Wayne. Not ideal.
    😀

Bortles with a solid drive going on his first series

Wow what a throw down to the 5

Boom TD after getting backed up with a holding call

115. naplesfan2010 says:

brady already with 2 INTs.

He actually looks small, not much bigger than Congemi.

Dude, his arms are huge. He’s 6-2 probably around 285. Small? LOL

That wasn’t Congemi though, it was Liken who is like 6-4. I’m talking about girth, not height. Shelby looks bigger than I’ve ever seen him.

Him and Fede don’t have the quickness of Wake and Vernon, but they are big, tough dudes who give us some depth and flexibility. They can both move inside on passing downs ala Justin Tuck with the Giants. He was the strong side DE in a 4-3 but moved to DT on passing downs. Remember Lorenzo Bromell, same thing? Just not as good as Tuck.

Shelby is a classic backup D-lineman who has that lunch pail rep and plays STs. I think Fede might be more than that.

We have some good depth on the DL and we have Suh! LOL

LDE Wake (he’s at the top of his prime – it’s now for him)
        LDT Suh (absolutely in his prime – may not have reached his ceiling)
        RDT Mitchell (totally underrated – his teammates call him Mr. Relentless)
        RDE Vernon (entering his 4th season – contract year he’ll be 25 in Oct.. 🙂

Not sure we let Vernon walk. We need to rid ourselves of Dion Jordan. Misi is in danger of taking a major paycut or being cut next year. Albert might be released too in 2016. But we need to see the 2015 season play out first. 🙂

Go Phins!!!!

WELL IT’S UP AND AT ‘EM at 6 AM and on the road by 7. Got a fairly small but highly profitable one day convention tomorrow that opens to vendors at 7:30 and to the public at 9 AM. By 2 PM I’l be a bit tired but very happy. By 4 I’ll be home, hopefully in time to mow lawn before predicted rains hit tomorrow night. Seems like Tampa Bay is right in the center of the cone as far as the predicted path of Erika. But I’m not worried at all. Erika will be little more than a series of rainstorms with winds below 50 MPH. –Sunday will be my first day off after working 20 straight days!! Will await reports on the Fins home game vs. Atlanta, assuming the pussies don’t cancel it!!

I hope it is as you wish OD!

Sometimes it’s not like that!

118. jetsssuck says:

good 4 him. He sat zack thomas when he had a concussion when concussion rules were unheard of.

119. ocalahowie says:

Thanks Boulder
    That was working. Now the big question is did it stick or when I look back on it, it has disappeared.

120. ocalahowie says:

HELL YEAH, But we win a shit load after that 🙂
    GO PHINS!!!

A lot of people think we’re gonna keep 6 wrs. I think we only kept 5 last year.

122. jetsssuck says:

that bosa kid is very good.

123. jetsssuck says:

35-3 st thomas aquinas with about 8 minutes left.

• jetsssuck says:

ansanti samuel’s son with 2 interceptions. Udonis’ hassum son from heat plays for St.Thomas also

The #3 team in the nation is Bishop Gorman, they’re the local recruiting HS, like St. Thomas, they were the national champs last yr. My sons school, a regular public HS is ranked #2 in Las Vegas, well it’s kind of his HS he’s a junior and only takes 2 classes there, but takes classes at College of Southern NV and UNLV, dual HS and College credit.

• jetsssuck says:

I always loved HS football compared to the pro’s or college ball. It feels like a game not like the pro millionaires and the college players who are comped under the tables.

124. uwantwat says:

steveccnv says:
    August 28, 2015 at 10:12 pm
    He actually looks small, not much bigger than Congemi.

Steve, being pedantic he is actually talking to Greg Likens and not JC in that video.

What a retard Walker:
    Roster projection from 7/24/15
    Running backs (3): Lamar Miller, Jay Ajayi, LaMichael James (cut: Damien Williams, Mike Gillislee)

I think he missed the boat slightly on Damien.