GAME(S) WRAP UP WITH THE LITTLE PRAWN: THE BYE WEEK

The Dolphins have the week off.  Presumably they are licking their wounds.  But Prawny is working hard during the BYE.

Let’s take a look at what happened around the League on October 11, 2015.

We can start with New England at Dallas where Tom Brady tries to continue his hot…

PRAWNY NO!!!!

FOXBORO, MA - SEPTEMBER 12: Quarterback Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots reacts after an incomplete pass in the second quarter while taking on the New York Jets at Gillette Stadium on September 12, 2013 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

F

Prawny…that is the kind of things to land you in legal trouble…

Maybe we should focus on something a little less sensitive…

BenSeah

In one of several early overtime games, the Bengals defeated the Seahawks.  The Bengals are off to a good start.  They are undefeated at 5-0 while the Seahawks slip to a disappointing 2-3.  Andy Dalton continues to look good this season passing for 331 against a Seahawks secondary that features Earl Mitchell, Cam Chancellor and Richard Sherman.

Uh-oh…looks like the Little Prawn is getting arrested for his Brady assault.

ArrestedPrawn

Good luck in prison Prawny…

Robert Alford

Nope that’s not Dion Sanders.  That is Robert Alford running back the game winning interception in the Falcons vs Redskins game.  This one also went into overtime and the Falcons pulled it off.  The Falcons are also undefeated last season after averaging 5 wins in the prior two seasons.

BrownsRavens

Can’t same the same about either the Browns or Ravens.  This game also went into overtime.  The Browns won.  The Ravens, a team with Super Bowl aspirations fell to 1-4 in the loss.  Justin Forsett ran for 121 yards against the Browns who are pretty bad at defending the run.

PrawnPrisonGym

That’s right Prawny…better work out in prison to keep your cell mates from harassing you.  Put some muscles on that shell!  You will see the sunshine soon enough…

JagsBucs

Speaking of Sunshine.  The other two teams from the Sunshine State faced each other.  The Buccaneers defeated the Jaguars.  Doug Martin (not pictured here) ran all over the Jaguars.  He had 123 yards and 2 TDs.  Why can’t we do that when we play them?

CharlesInj

This running back did not have a good game.  Jamaal Charles may be out for the season.  To make matters worse…the Chiefs lost to the Bears on Sunday…ouch

PrawnBubba

I’m glad you are making friends in prison Prawny…but why does Bubba make you dress like that?

um…let’s get back to football…

GurleyPrawn

Is anyone surprised that Gurley is having an immediate impact in the NF?   He rushed for 159 yards on Sunday.  But it wasn’t enough.  The Packers defeated the Rams despite a subpar day for Aaron Rogers.

TitansBills

And unfortunately the Bills won on Sunday as well.  It was a close game but the Titans, who are the Dolphin’s next opponent, just could not get the win.

Not quite as unfortunate as the food in prison right Prawny?

PrisonEastPrawn

Aside | This entry was posted in Game Wrap Up, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

274 Responses to GAME(S) WRAP UP WITH THE LITTLE PRAWN: THE BYE WEEK

1. uwantwat says:

Piggy you are truly demented when you write about Prawny

2. uwantwat says:

Again there were upsets so I really hope our new Dan the Man opens his career with a win this week. Would be so nice. I’m still right into the Crows trade fortnight at the moment so this is sort of a fly by thing.

3. Try Pod says:

Not knowing California city locations, but one of these could be Jahn.

4. Try Pod says:

Nice recap Prawny. I wasn’t ignoring you, just keeping my priorities straight (beer comes first).

He keeps squeaking about something
      I can’t tell if he is offended or just frustrated with prison life
      😉

FREE PRAWNY!!!

FREE PRAWNY!!!

THANK YOU, PRAWNY! – – This Monday already feels better than the 3 previous Mondays. And NEXT MONDAY will feel better than this Monday IF Miami beats Tennessee. Gotta give lots of thought to my pick in that upcoming game. One thing’s for sure in my view. The EFFORT WILL BE THERE from our Dolphins! –You guyz who have today off –enjoy it. I’ll be working today and on Sunday when the Fins play the Titans.

So let me get this straight, Chase Utley’s slide was okay in the game, he was also safe even though he never touched the base, but now he’s been suspended for an illegal slide. Well done MLB. SMH

• Try Pod says:

I didn’t see it, but based on what I am hearing, his intent was to break-up the play, not necessarily get on base. One of the many things that are detestable about baseball are its rules, written/unwritten/enforced/unenforced. If it’s illegal, call it illegal all the time, not just during the playoffs. And get rid of umpires and get some fricking machines back there and call a ball a ball and a strike a strike, instead of having these ever-changing strike zones.

Yeah, they didn’t call the neighborhood play, Tejada’s foot was like a half inch in front of the bag, Utley never touched the base, he breaks Tejada’s leg, he ends up being safe and the Dodgers have a rally that blew open the game. It was all well done. SMH

• Phindog says:

Tim ,
        He was safe because he touched 2nd base with his left hand during the slide before the ball got to Tejeda.

Phindog, no that’s what they called. He never touched the base and the ruling was since he was called out why bother touching the base. That’s how they came up with their decision. They called him out and I never saw him touch the bag. Then they overuled the neighborhood play and called him safe. Now they suspend him for an illegal slide. Well done MLB. SMH

• Phindog says:

Sorry man.. I saw him touch the base. Doesn’t matter to me because I’m not a doyer fan. My team plays in Anaheim.

During the game, nobody thought he touched the base. Not one announcer said oh there it is. I still haven’t heard anyone say but you say that he touched the base.

• Phindog says:

Still sucks that Tejeda was injured..

• Try Pod says:

You’re reminding me of someone else with all the “SMH”‘s you’re posting. I’m waiting for the “SMGDH”, “SMMFH”, and “SMGDMFH”.

Anyway, I feel bad for Tejada, you play all year get to the playoffs and now you’re out.

Phindog, sorry to see what happened to your neighbor. That’s horrible. I’d say 89 years old had a lot to do with the driver who hit him. Were you guys friends?

I just saw an old guy last week at lunch time, in the wrong set of lanes at a busy intersection waiting at a light. Other motorists were trying to tell him and get him to move and he eventually did but it was scary that he really didn’t know.

By the way Piggy, you are demented. LOL

Very funny Piggy

Nice piggy, is that my patrol car? it seems to have my name on it?

as for the Falcons i heard some disturbing news that T Baum was trying to talk Ross into releasing Philbin last year and Quinn would be his replacement and now Atl is undefeated and we are 1-3.
    seems Ross was too faithful to philbin

14. Phindog says:

This happened Saturday morning.. This was my next door neighbor Matt.. RIP Tater !!!! 😥

15. Try Pod says:

Admin, you may want to remove my post of the video. I would completely understand.

Watched a fair amount of football yesterday, here are some random thoughts:

Peyton Manning is a shell of his former self;

Shane Vereen is a beast out of the backfield;

Brees is still good but the Saints are a really bad team;

Lions and Stafford maybe a bigger disappointment than we are

I can’t do any admin stuff here at work, but if the video doesn’t auto play, maybe it’s ok. I’ll not watch in either event….the narrative was enough for me.

I am loving Fan Duel and Draft Kings. I only do the small contests, but it’s fun and I always double or triple my money. I’m playing on winnings at this point so nothing to lose. 🙂

Ken, I’d like to see the Dolphins play a good game, wouldn’t that be nice? 🙂

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 15m15 minutes ago
    The #Dolphins announce special team’s coach Darren Rizzi is promoted to assistant head coach on Monday.

That shrimp dish looks good and is making me want some.

For those of you without audio, the video of the guys in the car above at the end when it goes black, all ya hear id a sound that must be the camera rolling around in the car as it flips and it kinda just sounds like gravel rolling around in a wooden box. After that you hear a woman’s voice telling the boys that there is help on the way and to just hold on, hang in there. Sounds like they must have been at least knocked unconsious instantly because there were no screams or groaning from pain. Maybe they passed painlessly, but thats a tragedy.

LMFAO — PRAWNY RULES!

Nothing like a good pic of Brady getting skewered to please the unsettled Phins masses.

And Pig — your’re photoshop skills are approaching masterful.

With bringing Al Saunders on he should be able to help with some of the route combos and open up the field a little more. Even Belichick asked Chip Kelly a few years ago for help with the hurry up spread offense.

Herd, that’s interesting that you’re having a lil success on Fan Duel & Draft Kings.
    I was thinking about playing, then saw the article about it being rigged and how employees from one site who had inside info would win big money from the other site, etc.
    It’s run like a Vegas casino, and like any gambling game….the house is gonna win big while taking others money.
    But Kudos to you for winning a lil scratch to keep playing on house money for now.
    Just be careful.

The Cowboys game yesterday really annoyed me. The Cowboys were pummeling Brady. 5 sacks in the 1st half but Weeden and that offense sucks so bad they couldn’t do anything against the Pats and eventually that D just tire out. But at least they hit Brady a lot.

It’s hard to lose your franchise QB and your top WR who is happens to be one of the tops in the league.

I know but any modicum of offense and the Cowboys were in that game. 30-6 does not reflect how hard the Cowboys D was playing.

“Peyton Manning is a shell of his former self.”

Ken — I agree as much as it hurts to say.

Still wear my 4-year-old “Peyton to Miami” T-shirt though and think about what could have been.

What could have been? Peyton would be in the hospital waiting for a spine transplant 2 years ago behind our OL.

LOL — am assuming with him in the fold our drafting and FA would have been different. You know the wins he’s put up and Denver was no better than what we had on hand at the time.

Good job Prawny! Yesterday had some interesting games. I hope this weeks Dolphins game is an interesting one, and that we come out on top for a change.

Ken, I hear ya on Dallas’ defense. The offense was like watching ours.

Ken

Playing better than we “were” isn’t saying much. We sure better be playing better than we “were” too!

Stanger:
    Peyton is a smart dude. I think one of the reasons he didn’t come here is he didn’t trust the brain trust in place to get him the pieces he needed.

Never said Peyton didn’t make the right choice. Still think he would have liked the weather here better than Denver with his bad neck and the wind on his less than strong arm,…….think Elway was the difference, especially compared to think Philbin really didn’t want to go into “win now mode”. Wanted to build the team in his vision.

So what exactly is Al Saunders role in relation to Lazor’s?

On the Utley slide, the “take out” slide has always been a part of the game. Of course, there are always boundaries to what should be acceptable. I think Utley’s slide was so late, he may as well have just tackled him. Fuck him and his appeal. I don’t believe in the practice of a pitcher drilling a guy in the head, but if Utley does somehow end up back in the lineup, I’d demand some put one right in his earhole.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m18 minutes ago
    #Ravens CB Will Davis, who has impressed since he was traded from #Dolphins, tore his ACL, source said. Another tough blow for Baltimore

getterdone says:

October 12, 2015 at 12:11 pm (Edit)

Just be careful.

I just play for fun. I put in 25 bucks on fan duel at first, more than doubled my money the first week, took out the 25 I put in, and now I’m just playing with the winnings. Took some of my winnings from that to try out draft kings this week. It looks like I’ll triple my little investment when the games are over tonight. And no way do I play big dollar ones….It would make me nervous and take all the fun out of it.

I did read the article on the ‘insider info’ that employees from one site was playing on the other. The info was related to who were the top owned players, etc. which really isn’t that hard to guess who it would be. The players still have to play and it’s not a given that any particular player is going to live up to their projected points each week.

Dion Jordan, Jamar Taylor and Will Davis. Ugh!

You should be trying to be safe as well as taking out the player. Utley made no real attempt to be safe.

James Walker, ESPN Staff Writer
    DAVIE, Fla. – Miami Dolphins veteran receiver Greg Jennings has been around the NFL block, playing for three different teams over the past decade.

However, even Jennings was caught off guard when starting right tackle Ja’Wuan James occupied his locker when players returned from the bye week. Jennings’ new location was about 10 yards away on the other side of the locker room.

“I had no idea,” Jennings said with a smile before Monday’s practice. “I was just hoping I still had a locker.”

Changing lockers by position groups was the latest change made by new interim coach Dan Campbell. Former Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin had random placement over the past four seasons, where a kicker may sit next to a linebacker.

Campbell’s alteration was as much about chemistry as it was symbolic. He wants to promote a healthy competition within his personnel groupings. But moving lockers also is another way to show Dolphins players the team is starting fresh with 12 games remaining in the season.

“I feel like it’s a brand new start and a new season,” Dolphins cornerback Brice McCain said. “Everything else is gone.”

Campbell huddled the team before Monday’s practice to set the tone for what he wanted. Dolphins players again showed more energy in practice than what we saw in previous weeks.

I wouldn’t mind if Jennings no longer had a locker. He has been disappointing.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    Dan Campbell’s word of the day last Wednesday was “primates.” Today’s? “Animals.”
    _____________________________
    Someone musta said be a tad more PC….lol

Go Dan the Man!

If there was reincarnation I would have no problem coming back as a dominate male silver back gorilla. Life doesn’t get much better than that.

‘I’d demand some put one right in his earhole.’

mike, i seriously doubt that is gonna happen. you know the umps are going to talk to both teams before the game with the threat of immediate ejections. now maybe sometime next year or if the game ends up being a blowout then late in the game.

i didnt see the play, but everything i have heard is most are saying it was a cheap play.

I wondered what kinda ruckus it was going to be on here today about the Utley thing. I have no love for either team but it is pretty shitty play. I either played 3rd or left field depending on if our star outfielder was playing or not, but i have been spiked in the knee or shin so many times, i have had wide slides to take me out before, but nothing like 2nd base or SS gets when trying to turn a double at 2nd, and not as frequently as a 2nd/SS covering second on steals, etc. when going for a tag and it sucks, and hurts bad.

He was still verticle so he was intentionally impeding the play therefore an illegal slide. I cant believe people are still saying it was legal. I have seen guys get called for it staying low and basically sliding so far out of the base path they got called for it, but this one wasnt even close to a legal slide.

Hal Habib @gunnerhal
    Campbell: I’ve reached out to a lot of people (for advice). They all say be yourself and change it up.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Dan Campbell said he couldn’t “even tell you how many people he’s reached out to.” …”These are people I believe in and trust.”

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Campbell says he’s reached out to and heard from a lot of former coaches since he found out he was getting the Dolphins job

James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL
    #Dolphins HC Dan Campbell said the offensive line needs “a lot nastier attitude” in games.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Campbell: I’ve been a part of OLs that don’t have athletic ability of what we have on this team. But those guys had attitude, were scrappy

Hal Habib @gunnerhal
    Campbell on Rizzi promotion to assistant head coach: To me, it was logical. He does things way beyond special teams.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Campbell says there will be “a few” lineup, personnel tweaks. “I don’t think they will be significant, a few people could move here & there”
    _____________________________
    Maybe we see Turner get a shot on the OL? More Phillips, Fede, Shelby? See some Bobby McCain, Lippett & maybe more Michael Thomas?

Rob

There is always an opportunity if you want to do it. Say a left handed batter is coming up next, and you’re planning on pulling your RHP for a LHP, you have that righty plunk the guy who’s up, since the pitcher at that point is “disposable”. A guy like Hansel Robles is a perfect guy, guy seems fearless, and throws 98MPH

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
    Found one player who seemed legit disappointed Philbin is gone: Greg Jennings. Philbin was a big part of reason Jennings came to Miami.
    _________________________
    I’m sure he’s not that upset….lol

Hal Habib @gunnerhal
    Campbell on message to players today: Was like getting back to when they were kids, to compete and be best could be, cut loose.

I can’t question Jennings’ feelings about Philbin, they’ve been in a lot of games together.

I was reading where Sean Payton has 2 yrs still left on his deal. It’s not a given that the Saints will let him go, still a lot of games to go, and even if they did and went into full rebuild mode, then they’ll likely wave Payton around as a trade.
    I don’t want to give up a early draft pick or two to get him.

So even more reason to root for Dan the Man to stay….hope he wins enough, changes the culture enough that he sticks as permanent HC.

The next 12+ games will be telling.

Ken, I didn’t mean Jennings getting injured, I meant other WR’s….then he’ll be a more valuable asset.
    He could likely be one of the depth chart moves Campbell has planned.
    Al Saunders is advising and working with the WR’s.

Tim, that send off for Sam was awesome…WOW….the kid had a huge following. I saw even more vids of him on youtube searching around. He was special.
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for all you did for him & his family. We all need to pull together more these days.

Yeah it was special. His Dad said something to the effect leave it to Sam to go global even in times of trouble. It was well known when Sam was around, everyone knew Sam was around and not in a cocky way. He was always willing to help others. So many people said he was a light whenever he was around.

Mike,

like i said a blow out or something. yeah if the setting comes up they will, i was just saying they arent going to do it in the first at bat or anything. i am sure it will be more then the pitcher ejected, so it would have to be were the mets are sure of the out come of the game.

“Will Grier just spoke briefly at a press conference and apologized for his positive PED test. He claims he took a supplement that contained a banned substance.”

Bad news for UF Gator fans, but why is that the response every time someone turns up dirty? Seems in training they should be telling the players to stay the heck out of GNC.

OR maybe it is the PED equivalent of, “Mom….was just holding it for a friend.”

Alex Gelhar ‏@AlexGelhar 34m34 minutes ago
    Leaders in pass plays of 20+ air yards:

30 – B. Bortles
    26 – R. Tannehill
    25 – C. Palmer
    25 – T. Taylor
    23 – A. Dalton
    23 – R. Fitzpatrick

Can’t complain about that.

He’s not the problem, even if he might not be the total solution either.

Very few if any QBs can overcome all the issues this team had thus far. If the pass is there it’s a drop, it the guy is open the pass is just off. If a defender is where he needs to be, he misses the tackle. There’s been little to no pass rush. The OL always seems to give up pressure at the most crucial time. It’s been a cluster fuck across the board.

I think given everything that he is doing great TIm. I’m glad we signed him long-term. Whether he can carry a team on his back like Marino will be answered in years to come.

“During the team’s bye week, Campbell rearranged the locker room, putting players together based on their positions. Makes sense, right? Cornerbacks should be next to other corners, while the same goes for other positions.”

Sounds like the days of all the vets and stars hanging together in the prime locker room real estate are gone. Makes sense. their is more to being a mentor than giving tips during practice.

getterdone says:
    October 12, 2015 at 2:32 pm (Edit)

He could likely be one of the depth chart moves Campbell has planned.
    Al Saunders is advising and working with the WR’s.
    _______________________________________
    I knew what you meant but my point is that Jennings is really irrelevant to our plans right now. We should be more interested in developing our young talent such as Parker and Hazel than playing a guy like Jennings who has clearly suffered a diminishment of skills. Even is our corp is devastated by injury play Hazel or who ever is on the PS. There is no point to a vet back up right now.

I think they should have more contact practices in general. I think this who thing of not being physical before the games and letting all the hitting happen at the games doesnt prepare them as well as if their bodies were use to the iday in day out beating. When i was playing, we occasionally got hurt at practice but usually it wasnt serious. We played full contact practices and were really physical. Hell i think games were easier/less physically strenous than the practices. I know mine wasn going against 300lb monsters daily, but i dunno i think they survive better practicing like they play instead or practicing like a walk through.

Grier took a supplement bhe bought from GNC, he should have checked with coaches/university but he didnt. I think though a one year for taking an over the counter sold legally at a health food chain, is very friggin harsh. Kids who pop positive for marijuana get one fucking game.

Stanger, Campbell said the locker relocation stuff was Rizzi’s idea….and Dan approved it.

Ken, I get your point, but it should all boil down to who practices better, who the coaches think is the better player…..maybe Hazel hasn’t beat out Jennings as of yet.
    Be patient grasshopper hulk.

But so what if he hasn’t beat him out. It’s about the future not right now. I mean Jennings has played like shit. Hazel can’t be that far behind. If it is even close go with the young guys. This is not about being patient it’s about who is going to be here next year.

Tim i hate to make it harder, if i am, but i must have missed something with Sam, did he pass away? I hope im reading into it wrong but thats what im reading from the comments above.

Thing that makes me want to see more Hazel is that he really balled out this preseason. He was all out, giving it his best, and showing he wanted on the team. He and Landry were the top receivers and they both played they they had something to prove. I want to see more payers like that on the field. Sometimes who is ont he field is due to what we are paying them unfortunately. Having a multi-mil receiver on the bench seems like a waste, and my feeling on this kinda stuff is there need to be less of that and more just finding people who want to play and getting them out there. Our season isnt over but its at a point where what we need to see most is growth and that means getting those guys out there. I wanna see Dowling and Lippet out there pretty badly too. Taylor seems like he just isnt rounding the corner, McCain is fucking horrible, lets start seeing Bobby McCain, Lippet, Dowling, and see if they are hungry enough to take it from the penciled in guys.

Chargers waived S Adrian Phillips.
    The move clears a roster spot for Antonio Gates, who is coming off suspension. Phillips will likely be stashed back on the practice squad if he clears waivers.
    ___________________________
    Hmm, this kid could be worth a looksie….he’s 5’11 210, 23yo, played for the Longhorns and is in his 2nd year is a solid tackler & comes with 4.58 speed. But he does seem more like a Thomas clone, so I guess I’m talking out my azz as we seek help on defense. 😉

The bye came at a good time. Dolphins players had four days off to recharge, and will return to Miami’s training facility Monday morning to begin preparation for the Tennessee Titans (1-3). Both teams enter on three-game losing streaks.

Campbell hopes the players are refreshed and ready to work. Miami has a lot of issues to fix, on both sides of the football, including an awful run defense that is allowing 160.5 yards per game and an offense that is averaging just 14.5 points per game.

Miami had a physical, high-energy practice last Wednesday under Campbell that set the tone for what he wants in his new regime.

“I don’t think it’s 100 percent a stamp yet because I kind of meshed a little bit what was already in place with some things I wanted to do,” Campbell said last week. “But all in all just kind of the attitude of it, the energy of it, I would say is a little bit more up my alley.”

I have been saying it a lot. I want to see Turner at LT. There is 0 chance he is worse than Fox. Albert is done, whether he comes back this year or not, the rides over for him and we have to prepare for a future without him.

I want to see Bobby McCain at least in the nickle some, but maybe even rotating outside.

I want to see Lippett getting a few reps at the otheside position and id bring up downling and rotate him too, safety or CB. These rangy CB would really help us i think.

Soon as Ajayai is back, he needs some reps.

Lets see more of these young LB’s too.

It needs to be part of this toughness and play with heart campaign that who you are doesnt get you on the field, its what you can do when you are out there that earns it.

Agreed and agreed with your 3:18 post as well. Lets start seeing these young guys. Very little for us to lose by doing this at this point of the season.

D, yes sadly Sam passed away over a week ago. If I can get your email I can share some pretty powerful stuff with you being that you took an interest in his situation.

• Try Pod says:

I read some of the things posted about him, Tim. Very powerful and moving.

Yeah so much I had to get away from it at times or I’d end up sobbing for too long. The things adults were saying about him being an inspiration for them was overwhelming.

• Try Pod says:

Yep, I totally understand. Devastating and inspiring.

Really sad to hear it man. I really hoped and prayed for him to make it. I had my hopes up it would happen. As for email, MikeE has it and can send you my email address, wouldn’t care for everyone here to have it but this blog is internet searchable so id prefer not to post it in the blog itself. Actually it may be attached to my profile, not sure.

That’s what we usually do, someone shares it with permission.

Yeah man, I was hoping for that wonderful day too, lots of people were.

Come on everyone

-Together-

Free Prawny!!!

(Piggy lights a candle)

Piggy, that last comment was disgusting. LOL

The Astros just blew a 6-2 lead in the 8th and the Royals have 1st and 3rd nobody out. Wow!

Piggy i know one food that makes me forget the deliciousness of pork, its shrimp. Maybe you shouldn’t be too supportive of your shellfish friend, the death of his people could mean the life of yours.

Hmm that salad above looks like a tasty variation on a Caesar salad.

74. ocalahowie says:

Game Week Update
    DOLPHINS-TITANS
    Howie 27-24 MIA
    GDP 28-20 MIA
    TP 24-13 TEN
    Piggy 16-13 MIA
    Real 27-13 MIA
    Toba 33-9 MIA
    CCNV 27-13 TEN
    Book 35-13 MIA
    Wyo 20-10 MIA
    MikeE 27-6 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

ANOTHER MIND-BOGGLING beautiful day in Tampa Bay!!–Even the historically whiny Bucs’ fans had smiles on their faces! I guess after losing 11 straight home games, ANY WIN sounds good!—SEEMS LIKE I remember the first nob get-together saw the fins beat the Skins for their FIRST HOME WIN IN A YEAR!!
    —————————–
    YOUNG STANGER; ARE YOU & ME the only ones from that group who’ve been present for every FEST?? –AND is there going to be an event on Saturday night before the game??

Me too!

Think Son, Pig, You and Me are the only ones to do it perfect so far…….long as you don’t count the Tampa or NE Fests. And that quartet will keep their perfect record going this year. Actually will add a 5th…..Mrs. Son.

And for sure the night before. D&B’s from 6 to at least 10 as usual.

Good job Piggs

I just had hats made up that say “Free Prawny”

THANKS, YS! Tell me, again, which cross street do we exit off of U.S. #1 to get to D&B’s?? I remember turning left when I got off of 1 and then making almost an immediate right at a traffic light.

Let’s go Mets!!!

Lou, why are we worried about Suh and sneakers? Are we really going that deep into everything? I have yet to hear anything about sneakers in a big way publicly. I’m sure Campbell’s last worry is Suh’s shoes.

Oh the joys of multiple Fantasy football teams: family/ friends league i have Rivers and am down 16 pts. Blog league i am up 13.3 pts and GDP has Rivers. My luck he will score just enuff for me to lose both games.

What a punk Harvey is, saying there’s going to be retaliation tonight, because his shortstop does some gay ass pirouette and get clocked.

Great win for the Mets last night! 13-7- the bats came alive after that cheap shot by Utley. The final Stealers drive was a joke IMO; Heyward-Bey blatantly pushed off to a third down play that would have forced a FG attempt, and that “hitting a defenseless receiver” call at the goal line looked ridiculous to me.

85. Try Pod says:

Here we are now- entertain us!

LET’S GO METS! LET’S GO DOLPHINS!

You have some nirvana Try!

• Try Pod says:

It taking forever to get people to show up this morning. And where is a new article for us to trash, argue, demean, berate.. I mean discuss like reasonable adults?

FYI
    There will be a new blog later this afternoon around 4pm
    I scheduled it so it can be run today and tomorrow

We could talk about who is in first place in the FU FF league. Who could it possibly be? 😊

I’m not sure if it’s just TBS, but why do they choose to not show the player introductions? I love that stuff, and they just skip it. I also don’t like that they have all the games, and just go from one right into the next. It SUCKS!

Mike, it sucks we can’t watch he games with our own crew who are actually good at announcing and breaking down the game. Cal Ripken was a great player, color commentator not so much. I don’t even know who the other guy is.

I love our home crew. It would be much more enjoyable to watch the game with those guys.

I would talk, but I don’t wanna

94. jetsssuck says:

what channel is the game on today tbs or tnt…I spent 1 hour looking last night looking for game. They said tbs but direct tv guide said castle.Life was so much easier before we got this directv

Brian in NY, I agree that ending to the MNF game last nite was bad officiating once again. Game should’ve went into OT at best.

Isn’t this becoming a regular occurrence?

Yeah, the refs/league seems to try and ‘WILL’ the bigger name/popular teams to wins so they’ll keep ratings up and so they’ll have a chance to make the post-season as well.
        Big Ben will be back soon, so can’t let the Squealers get too far behind in playoff chase.

jetssuck

TBS carries all the games, but if there is a runover (which could very easily happen), they put the beginning of the next game on TNT until the other game is over. I hope either Fox, CBS, or ESPN gets the MLB playoffs next year.

Anyone know which network has the World Series?

98. jetsssuck says:

Series2
    Date Time Site TV Score/Series Lead
    Fri, Oct. 9 6:30 p.m. at St. Louis TBS STL 4-0
    Sat, Oct. 10 5:30 p.m. at St. Louis TBS CHC 6-3
    Mon, Oct. 12 6 p.m. at Chicago TBS CHC 8-6; CHC leads 2-1
    Tue, Oct. 13 4:30 p.m. at Chicago TBS
    Thu, Oct. 15* 4:30 p.m. at St. Louis TBS
    *if necessary (all times ET)

Series2
    Date Time Site TV Score/Series Lead
    Fri, Oct. 9 9:30 p.m. at Los Angeles TBS NYM 3-1
    Sat, Oct. 10 9 p.m. at Los Angeles TBS LAD 5-2
    Mon, Oct. 12 8:30 p.m. at N.Y. Mets TBS NYM 13-7; NYM lead 2-1
    Tue, Oct. 13 8 p.m. at N.Y. Mets TBS
    Thu, Oct. 15* 8 p.m. at Los Angeles TBD

James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL
    Updated NFL stats after Week 5: #Dolphins are now ranked 29th in total defense (399.5 ypg) and remain dead last in run defense (160.5 ypg).

James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL
    The #Dolphins also are ranked 28th in total offense (314.8 ypg). It’s hard to win with these numbers.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    I said this to my media peers & I will say it to you. Can we stop being impressed with Dan Campbell’s aggressive talk & bravado.
    _______________________
    Douchebaggery!

Yes we can, but we can stop listening to your hack nonsense. You still ask the dumbest questions of all the reporters.

101. jetsssuck says:

Here’s something that is disgusting but our top military people told our military soldiers to ignore it.

jetssuck

TBS is CH 247, TNT is CH 245

A friend of ours son who’s a marine is struggling with some stuff he saw in Afghanistan regarding the treatment of minors. He had to turn his back on it due to orders and it’s eating him up inside.

There are a lot of fucked up people in this world, but in some countries there is some fucked up shit that is widely accepted in their social circles. A lot of it exists in a specific area of the world and I think even though the conflicts that are going on are not about that, in the end it will help eradicate it as a common practice.

getterdone says:
    October 13, 2015 at 10:49 am
    Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    I said this to my media peers & I will say it to you. Can we stop being impressed with my X’s and O’s talk & bravado.
    ——————————————–
    There i fixed it for him.

October 13, 2015 at 11:12 am
    ————————————————-
    Some of the stuff that happens in war isnt avoidable, some of it is. These soldiers have to process all of it and it changes people. It is however sometimes very much carrying out orders you wouldnt normally want to that saves you soldiers lives, and we overlook many time how much that affects these guys as an invisible sacrifice to bring justice. Im not going to talk down the actions of the military no matter how barbaric they may seem to us as civilians because we have never had to be put in those positions. I know there are something that may not go down right in war, hell war itself shouldnt ever have to happen, so least we can do for those soldiers is not demonize them and what they have to do when they are in one.

I also just watched American Sniper recently, and anyone that thinks that guy was a D-Bag is a full on asshole. That guy gave up his whole life to server and protect both America and his brothers in arms and was a hero many times over. There are lots out there like him too. No pleasure in what they do, but a duty to their brothers and their country. Disgusts me to know that we as Americans turn on people who serve like that because we cant see ever doing some of the things they had to do. On top of not casting blame and hatred their way we should also show a ton more compassion for them, as Tim was saying, that shit haunts them, fucks them up, so add to that misery if you want to, but i wont be part of it.

I feel for your friend Tim, and im sorry he is having to live with that. I cant even imagine it, but i do hope he can eventually accept that as part of his past and try to move on. War is ugly, its a horrible thing, and ugly horrible things happen in them.

Also i think your point was about the conditions of the society they are in, where human life is so devoid of value people regularly will kill entire families, etc with no shame doing it, and that stuff the soldiers have to see too, stuff that they arent even directly involved in. The rest of the world is a very different place than america and as americans we can sometimes conceptualize it. Dark deep holes of despair in some of these places, andother reason we should be proud of our country not protest its every action and shit on its history.

October 13, 2015 at 10:55 am
    —————————————-
    Like, Ryan, you were a white receiver, what was it like being one….

D, our friend’s son is 24 years old and it’s tough to know that’s what he had to endure. But he’s one of so many. Good post on the subject.

Happy Birthday Sonny! Hope you can celebrate with a Dolphins win this weekend!

from today’s PBP:
    Mike Tannenbaum’s first season as the Dolphins’ executive vice president of football operations is down but not out.

Tannenbaum, speaking Tuesday morning on the Sid Rosenberg Show (640 Sports), said the Dolphins fired Joe Philbin four games in to the season so they could give interim head coach Dan Campbell time to turn the team around.

He denied that they are just buying time with plans to hire a coach like Sean Payton after the season.

“We’re not saying this is a three-year rebuild,” Tannenbaum said. “There’s a lot of things in this building we like and we expect to be competitive this week in Tennessee. We’re not worried about all these rumors about coach X and coach Y and what it would take. We’re worried about what can we do for Dan? We’ve been here around the clock to make sure that happens.”

When asked who really made the decision to fire Philbin and hire Campbell — owner Stephen Ross or himself — Tannenbaum said coaching decisions are up to Ross.

But he didn’t deny that he played a major role in the process to promote Campbell from tight ends coach to head coach.

“We talked about it and Steve made a decision to hire Dan,” Tannenbaum said. “It was with my endorsement. They obviously know each other. They can’t not know each other, Steve’s at every game. Steve’s hired me for a reason. We discuss these things. But again, ultimately the coach reports to Steve. I wholeheartedly endorsed Dan Campbell as our head coach and I’m excited about our future.”

Tannenbaum acknowledged that there’s pressure on not only Campbell but himself. While Tannenbaum will almost certainly be around for at least the next couple of years, the clock is ticking on his future.

“There’s pressure on all of us,” Tannenbaum said. “You don’t work in the NFL without accepting that and embracing it — especially here where we have no excuses. Steve gives us every conceivable source to be successful from sports science to how we travel to what we eat. There’s no excuses here. Dan knows that and we know that and that’s what we signed up for.

“That’s Dan’s DNA. Dan embraces competition. He embraces opportunity. As you get to know him our fans will really identify wit him and embrace his natural enthusiasm.

“Dan is very authentic. What you’re hearing and what you’re seeing at practice — that’s who he is.”

the bucs suck, cant stand them but will give props when it is do. way to go bucs.

her face is just priceless with the suprise

Tannenbaum was the architect of the offseason deal that brought defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh to Miami on a deal worth up to $114 million over six years.

But the Dolphins have just one sack through four games — no other other NFL team has less than six — and the defensive line has been a major disappointment.

Tannnenbaum said it’s too soon to judge Suh.

“Let’s be fair, we signed him to a six-year contract, so we’re four games in to a six-year contract,” Tannenbaum said. “He hasn’t played as well as he hoped. We haven’t played as well we hoped. I think we have to give him a grade of incomplete. No one’s harder on himself than Ndamukong Suh.

“I’m an early workout guy and he’s repeatedly the first guy in the building. So I know the character. I know what he’s trying to accomplish. I’m glad he’s here and I expect like a lot of these guys, he’s going to play better.’

Tannenbaum was asked about defensive end Cam Wake’s slow start to the season, and he reiterated what Campbell said on Monday — since the Dolphins have been outscored 37-3 in the first quarter of games this season, opponents are jumping out to large leads and don’t have to pass the ball as much, limiting Miami’s ability to get after quarterbacks.

“I expect all those guys to play better — OV, Cam — and over the time the talent that we have there,” Tannenbaum said. “I think Derrick Shelby is a very underrated player. Jordan Phillips is a young, ascending player that we like a lot.

“Certainly for Cam not to have a sack through four games is a surprise, but I think there’s going to be more production ahead.”

Tannenbaum continues on state of the Phins:

Quarterback Ryan Tannehill has regressed this season after signing a contract extension worth up to $95 million over six years. His 77.1 passer rating is 31st of 35 quarterbacks.

But Tannenbaum continued to cite Tannehill’s potential and work ethic.

“I feel great that Ryan’s our quarterback,” Tannenbaum said. “I really believe that the tape sets the floor and the character sets the ceiling. He was drafted in 2012, he’s started 52 games in a row. Look, has he been perfect so far? No, far from it. But he’s already thrown for 1,000 yards, seven touchdowns and we haven’t played very consistently on offense. He’d be the first to tell you that.

“It’s not good enough. We’re 1-3. Ryan would be the one to tell you he needs to play better. But I know the work ethic. I know the character. I see the commitment that’s there everyday. Here’s a guy developing before our very eyes. We’d all like for the trajectory to be clean, upward without any bumps in the road. But when you invest in a player like we have, we’re investing in the person, the character and the approach. Not every week’s going to be perfect but I know how hard he works, I know his ability and I feel good about him as our long-term quarterback.”

Tannenbaum was asked whether the Dolphins will give more playing time to their first and second round draft picks — receiver DeVante Parker and defensive tackle Jordan Phillips — now that Philbin is gone.

He said that playing time is up to Campbell

“DeVante Parker, we’re really excited he’s here,” Tannenbaum said. “He’s really flashed at practice. He’s done a couple of things in games. When you draft a player like that it’s a five-year contract. We’re four games in to a five-year deal. I think over times our fans will be really excited about Parker. I expect him to be a dynamic playmaker for us. We all wish it was perfect from Day 1. He did have a foot injury he had to overcome. He worked his tail off to get back as quickly as possible. We just have to be a little patient there.

“Jordan’s done some great things. He had a sack against the Redskins. He’s really flashed at practice. You’re going to be really happy that Jordan Phillips is a Dolphin.”

WTF is wrong with people? I hope she gets all she deserves. 😡

‘I also just watched American Sniper recently, and anyone that thinks that guy was a D-Bag is a full on asshole.’

D, i think i have said it over and over and over, there are not words to express my gratitude to the men and women of our military. and i am not saying the guy was a d-bag, nothing of the sorts. i read his book, also read Marcus Luttrell’s books and they are all moving and shows how difficult their lives were both during and after deployment. but i will say this about chris kyle, he was one bad ass sick mofo. it was wild reading in his book how he said he loved what he did, he loved killing the enemy.

FFR, as a vet that’s what your taught in combat…otherwise be killed yourself or watch your fellow soldiers be killed. In combat the enemy is just that, the enemy wanting to kill you you and they are loving it too!

Is it Son’s birthday today?

If so Happy birthday
    may all your bacon wishes come true

118. drg says:

Just spotted a kid in a Pat Devlin jersey at Disneyland. Gave him five and told him to keep the faith. You guys are the only ones that would appreciate that they actually made a Pat Devlin jersey at one point in time.

Piggy

Nah, Son’s birthday is in December, I’m just practicing

Happy Birthday Son.

getterdone says:
    October 13, 2015 at 12:53 pm

getter,

i obviously know nothing about what they are taught. i was, and probably poorly tried, just pointing out that in chris kyles book he mentioned how he did love killing the enemy in addition to how it made him feel knowing he protected his fellow soldier. marcus luttrell just address the love for his fellow soldier never how he loved killing the enemy.

but who cares, both are/were bad ass mofo’s that i am glad are on my side.

son has a birthday, suh what. that fucker still owes us an apology for making the dolphins sign suh.

(happy birthday suhson)

herdfan says:
    October 13, 2015 at 12:45 pm

WTF is wrong with people? I hope she gets all she deserves. 😡

yeah, i think a lot more is going on there. they were talking about this on the radio today. nothing that the boys mom died last year. and that if it happened at the boys house that home owners insurance will probably cover the lawsuit. sounds to me like the dad is throwing the sister here some kind of bone, or some sort of kick back to the dad and son. something smells there and it isnt her hand in a cast.

October 13, 2015 at 1:53 pm

It’s a real story? LOL

of course it is, it is on the internet, everyone knows you cant lie on the internet

October 13, 2015 at 2:07 pm

You said you heard it on the radio.

yeah, and where do you think they got the story from. it isnt like they go through court documents to get stories to discuss on he radio

tim,

yeah they mentioned that and the walking up the stair thing

I’m pretty sure drg met Pat Devlin at Disney

The mere mention of Devlin killed the blog.

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 1h1 hour ago
    Our Cheerleader of the Week is @MDC_Alison! Get a 1st look at her new swimsuit pics & vids on http://dolphinscheerleaders.com

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 1h1 hour ago