aWAKEning

Lose the game, look like crap, injuries pile up and all of the positivity built over the last few weeks has expired. Tannehill is stuck on 8-8, perpetually stuck there, setting records one week and shitting the bed the next. You can’t win a game in Foxboro when you have that goofy grin on your face standing at the 5 yard line and the ball sailing past you. You can’t throw 2 picks in Foxboro and expect to win and you can’t reduce your offense to dink and dunk while the o-line ole’s the defense.

We very well may have seen the final snap from Cameron Wake as a Dolphin. It would depend on the severity of the Achilles injury of course but based on what I saw it didn’t look good at all. Where are you Dion Jordan? Thanks for nuthin’. Think about it, if Wake has a ruptured Achilles he will need a year to think about returning, he’s already getting up there age wise and if he loses ANY speed he’s marginalized. He makes his living off of speed and a messed up Achilles and being thirty-something is a bad mix. It’s unfortunate and very unceremonious but that’s football. It can all end on one play. We love you Cam Wake and hope for the best and hope you do make it back to the team.

What can you say, Dan’s mojo wasn’t enough to go into Foxboro and pull out a win. I thought our Defense played pretty well, they gave up the initial scoring drive but I thought they settled in pretty good for most of the rest of the first half. Giving them a short field made it easy for them and Tannehill, besides the oops Safety, threw a couple of ugly picks. He took some ugly sacks and he missed a few potential big plays. Oh man if the super-Tanny lovers could only hear the things I say about him during the game. I said Tanne-fuckface a few times, Tanne-dummy, Tanne-goofball…and those are the nice ones. He makes me completely insane when we’re in a game where we need a QB to take the team by the balls and go win a game, he just can’t do it. He’s stuck on 8-8.

What can the Dolphins take away from that game? Nothing. Forget it happened, prepare for the next game and move on. The Pats are good, they prepare very well, they play with a lot of emotion, and they have a coach/QB combo that is second to none in the league. Indy left while the gettin’ was good, they should still be in the AFC East having to endure this crap year in and year out. What if it was the Dolphins who left the AFC East and went to the AFC South and Baltimore became the fourth AFC East team which makes the most geographical sense. We’d still have to see them in the playoffs but at least you’d be able to sit back and appreciate some what they are doing a little instead of the constant clobbering we face and the incessant hatred. But alas, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. That’s just a thought, as I’m sick and tired of them – the winning, the cheating, the Brady, the Gronk, the Belichick, the Edleman all of it. And now they have a pretty damn good defense to boot – OY!

Imagine if Cam Newton was our QB. Think he’d feed off of Campbell’s energy? Think he’d have a glazed goober look on his face as the ball goes wizzing by him? Think he’d be in someone’s face?

OK be honest. Who would you rather have as your QB – Cam or Luck?

Jay Luck or Andrew Cutler, lol. All you hear is that Luck is such a great athlete, much like Tannehill, but when do you ever see either one use it. Look at Cam, he punishes people, he uses every bit of his athleticism to beat you. There’s no question with Cam, you never hear about a threat of running, you have to fear his running. Meanwhile Tannehill drops back and acts as if the other team doesn’t have a right Defensive End. La-de-da I hope the guy I’m steering down gets completely wide open. Wait- not yet- not yet- not yet- POW!  Hidden in the Texas game was that he got sacked 4 times for 9 in the last two weeks.

Put this one behind you Dolphins. We all said if Dan could go 9-3 we have a shot. That’s just one of the three. Focus on Buffalo, who is struggling, pile up a few wins and let the chips fall where they may.

Best of luck and hopes for quick recoveries for Cameron Wake (Achilles), Ju’Waun James (big toe), DeVante Parker (foot).

Get right Dolphins and go win some more games.

This entry was posted in A Sonny Football Fantasy. Bookmark the permalink.

329 Responses to aWAKEning

Great write Son. Tannehill fails to step up all too often. The defense held the game to a manageable situation, and then the turns it over. I like Tanny, but like you said, he doesn’t put the team on his back, he just rides the wave.

When you’re naming Patriots that killed us, don’t forget Dion Lewis. Amazing how every year they intsall someone else’s castoff and make them a star. He looked great last night . . . Against us, anyway.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

if you don’t have a running game with tanny the offense is basically done. He can’t carry a team on his back on the road. He;s nowhere near worth the 100 million he got.
      We got robbed on that deal.

I put the blame for the loss on Lazor, tanny, miller, oline and wrs. So basically the whole offense.

Why move away from what has been working? Lazor should be fired today IMO. And tanny and miller looked scared. I think they both needed diaper changes after every drive.
    So disappointed in the offense. what a bunch of pussies.

Oh, FIRST!!! I’M FIRST!!! Oh joy!!

Well Son, we once again abandoned the running game too early and Lazor called some really head scratching plays. When he does that and we start punting over and over that’s when games get away from us. Last night’s game looked a lot like some other games we’ve seen.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree. Lazor gets quisy like joe when we fall behind and abandons the running game too early.

This offense has no heart. They can’t just line up and pound them. You keep saying the JEts are overrated. Actually they can line up on offense and punch you in the face and play real D. The phins are the ones that are overrated.

BTW great write up Son. Spot on. I think tanny should give his award back from previous week. He doesn’t deserve it.

Boulder – He’s not a big time player. Maybe he can still be one, but he’s not right now.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

Sorry you either are one or you aren’t. Tanny has had 4 years. He’s not and he’ll never be one. He’s a game manager. What you need is a seattle or Jim harbaugh pound the ball running offense with tanny. He can’t carry a team. And I doubt he ever will.

Not true. There are exceptions. Rich Gannon is one, and I’m sure I can come up with others. Andy Dalton is getting better.

It was a team loss. Blaming just a hand full of players is kind of lame. The OL played like shit too. The defense had some good moments but they also got torched. Once again no complimentary football and shit game plan on offense.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

The defense played competitive football unlike the offense. Sorry the defense kept us in the game. The offense was playing scared and it starts from the OC down. This offense has the personality of Joe Philbin. Its not a smash mouth offense.

Now you know why I called a blowout yesterday.

I was pissed at Marshall Faulk when he called for a 41-10 pats win in the pregame turns out he about nailed it.

I’m not sure where you saw me say the offense played well but the defense was good at times and bad at times.

Mike,
    Andy dalton hasn’t missed the playoffs in 4 years.There is no comparison. And rich gannon? give me a break. What did he ever win on his own?

Andy Dalton doesn’t get into the playoffs, the Bengals do. He’s been a middling QB, but he’s also had some great pieces on offense, and a very solid defense. Not a great defense, but a very solid consistent defense.

Nice write Son — you were the man to put this one together……keeping it real.

“What if it was the Dolphins who left the AFC East and went to the AFC South and Baltimore became the fourth AFC East team ”

Maybe I should have written that part though……lots of practice as a Pirates fan. 🙂

Do I scare you?

BRUTAL…..that was just brutal. This team always finds a way to get you excited, then rip your heart out…..smh!

mike,
    you know what dalton has? consistent rushing attack and an OC that’s not scared to call a running play. And a good defense. I think our defense right now is playing like a playoff defense. Our offense is playing scared. The got punch in the mouth last night and curled up into the fetal position instead of punching back.

C’mon, yeah let’s pine for Cam Newton…..LMAO….like he never had a few bad years early on.
    Fact is, he’s got a better team around him and solid coaching has been in place from Fox to now Rivera.
    But enjoy bagging on Tannehill if it makes you feel better about seeing your team lose….SMH!

A play that really stuck out to me as one of the many problems with our offense was in the 2nd qt (I think). It’s 3rd and 12, we’re on the right hashmark, and Lazor calls a play that has three receivers going out in routes on the short side of the field, 1 man went about 4 yards deep then out towards the sideline, and the other two going deep, running within a few yards of each other. Predictably, we didn’t convert.

I don’t understand an OC that calls for these plays that are so easy to defend. Can’t you flip they play so the receivers have the longer side of the field to work with? You have two options on the play and they’re within a couple of yards of each other because they have no room to maneuver.

We also completely abandoned the run again. Why? Because the Pets probably saw that our OC has a tendency to abandon the run if it gets stopped early and game-planned accordingly. Stop the run in the first quarter and we become one dimensional.

Our defense kept us in the game till mid-way in the 3rd quarter. I have no problem with that side of the ball. In the first half we had (i think) 3 series in a row the pets had a short field and our defense kept giving it back to the offense. It was only a matter of time before the defense started cracking when they were on the field as long as they were.

Boulder

If we had Andy Dalton, and he had 19 TD’s and 17 INT’s, and lost in the playoffs, you’d be calling for his head too. Be honest.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

yea but at least he got into the playoffs. I just want to root for my team in january again before I die. Is that too much to ask?

16. Al in MIA says:

Hi guys,
    I’m late for the whine fest 🙂

Was very sad to see Wake get hurt last night.
    I told my girl something is bad wrong when I saw him strangely laying there on his stomach for the longest time, even after trainers arrived on the field, propped up on his elbows just staring blankly into space with a grim reality look on his face.
    I think he waited so long for the trainers to get him to roll over, cause he knew this could be the last time he’s on any NFL field in a uniform, especially for the Dolphins.

When they picked him up to help him off the field, I knew it was an Achilles. Very tough for a guy to come back from at huis age and one who depends on first step explosion off the line.

Cam Wake, I thank you for the many wonderful memories you gave us fans. Very proud of you and your leadership by example.

I hope you stick around in a mentoring/coaching asst role with Miami.

God Bless you EARTH WAKE!!!

Al sucks at whining. He’s always late! lol

Kong, I’m not a fan of Lazor or his system. He just can’t stick with bread and butter plays, he always has to throw some dumb formation and play into the mix that always results in us punting.

I don’t blame Tanny entirely for the first INT. Matthews clearly rounded the route and let the defender undercut him. You have to make that route sharp exactly for that reason. Although even if the route is sharp, the defender would still have been right there in good coverage to knock the ball down, so many he shouldn’t have gone there at all. The’re was a second receiver a few yards in front of Matthews (our OC knows there is a whole field and the receivers don’t have to all stay together, right?) that looked open. Tanny probably should have gone there.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Unassisted tackles tonite: Ryan Tannehill 1. Ndamukong Suh 0.

Zucchero has a great voice, cool song:

23. Al in MIA says:

Last night was just way too many mistakes on everybody.
    The D had their moments holding down the Pats and at one point Miami had possession near mid field down 22-7, which if they would have gone field and scored would have made it a 1 possession game. Soon after the tent folded.
    I was just disappointed in the play calling on offense. You have to be very disciplined as a play caller when you play top teams and commit to running. The Patriots did it on their opening drive knowing that they were short handed at OL and that Miami would try and press them on the pass attempts. This kept Miami’s O off the field and them getting anxious waiting to get the ball (all part of NE’s plan no doubt).
    Defensively, most of the big plays came with defenders playing 5 yards off their man.
    In the case of Gronkowski, the DE (Shelby?) went right by him without chipping him or anything and the LB were not lined up over him…he took a drag route and blew him away.
    There was another basic play where the D needed a stop on 3rd and 7 or someshit (after the Wake penalty), the Pats ran a basic slant for the flanker and the Y receiver ran a short route to the sideline, the DB was lined up 5-7 yards off him while the Y was covered man to man at the line. It was Coyle syndrome all over again :/. The flanker basically just ran underneath and got the easy reception cause once the Y receiver defender moved with his target, Brady knew he had a clear window to throw through.

24. Al in MIA says:

October 30, 2015 at 10:45 am

He wouldn’t have to tackle if he didn’t throw it to the other team
    ——–
    At least RT didn’t blow his knee out ala Ronnie Brown :/

25. Al in MIA says:

Why are we talking about Andy Dalton anyway?
    Their OL has always been better than Miami’s.
    The Bengals have AJ Green as their X receiver…we have a guy with a broken foot who can’t get on the field. Not to mention their TE options always been better (Gresham and now Eifert).

lol a royal (and normal and expected) beat down last night and you guys say it was tanny’s fault.

well, i got a simple solution, since all they need is a qb, why not package all their draft picks for the next 4 years and see if the pack will take them. according to most on here all the team needs is a qb.

i sure hope rogers can make a tackle on 3rd and long.

Well I don’t think we get to the playoffs this year. Specially with wake out.
    The Jets are clearly better than us and will probably get one of the wild cards. The steelers will probably get the other.

Sigh, ok, my rant is over. That was my cathartic release, lol. Happy fucking stupid Friday. Wish I could have called in sick today.

Al, also the DL, especially our vaunted interior, just couldn’t get to Brady aginst a makeshift OL….SMH!
    I don’t want to hear this 2.09 sec BS either, cause how many times did we all yell at the TV last night, ‘Get Him, he’s got way too much time to throw’ ???
    I know I did! Seemed like Brady had 4-5 sec in many passing sits. Gee, I wonder if crappy Tanny would have had a better game if he was afforded the same amount of time.
    Maybe we should trade for Cam Newton, he’ll save the team….lol

Anyways I agree, the Defense didn’t do much up front, where our strength lies….including stopping the run in key spots.

It was a team loss to me and not just the offense costing us the game.

30. Al in MIA says:

I’ve been going off on twitter somewhat lol.
    Some writer for the Boston Globe wrote some silly piece this morning talking about how “machismo” leads to getting your ass kicked by the Patriots and how Dan Campbell’s style is old school and doesn’t work (relative to Belichick’s style). I wrote back at him saying, his theory has been debunked by Pete Carroll & Jim Harbaugh.

Oh yeah, how can Parker have hurt his foot again when he’s played like 7 fucking snaps this year?! Didn’t we get it fixed during the preseason exactly so this wouldn’t happen? And can somebody just punch Dion Jordan’s dumb-ass already? Douche.

Not sure it’s the same injury or even same foot. Word is that Parker was downplaying the injury after the game. So hopefully it’s very minor and he’ll contribute real soon.

• ukfinfan says:

Kong – I think he hurt his other foot – so they’d match?
      And who you asking to punch anyone’s ass – you’re big enough to do your own punching there apeman 😉

Kong, I’m so sick of our draft picks and thir maladies. Just draft an average healthy guy next time, at least he can be an overachiever. lol

Maybe we should trade for Cam Newton, he’ll save the team….lol

i agree, i am sure newton will be able to make a tackle on 3rd and long. unlike tanny just smiling on the sidelines

We need a pass rushing mofo in the draft, probably more than any other position (except qb, lol)

Ok, I’m really done with my rant now, lol.

tim,
    the jets gave the pats the competitive game you were clamoring for yesterday. Unlike the dolphins that got blown out. They are a better team than we are.

I didn’t say they weren’t better than us, they’re 4-2 and we’re 3-4. I said they haven’t beaten a team with a winning record and are overrated. That’s a fact and my opinion all wrapped up together. LOL

CavalierKong says:
    October 30, 2015 at 11:01 am

Ok, I’m really done with my rant now, lol.

kong,

no one likes a quitter

37. ukfinfan says:

I really hope Wake makes it back. Finding that kind of impact player aint easy

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I feel bad for him but at least he doesn’t have to go through this shit show of a season anymore.

• ukfinfan says:

It was scary that he had something like 1 tackle in four games, then when fit, 7 sacks in 2.5 games to become the NFL sack leader temporarily. Project that pace over a healthy season and his value is immense. Agree though, he prolly won’t miss the inevitable and seasonal December melt-down?

UK, like Son said a messed up Achilles and being thirty-something is a bad mix. Wake may never be the same player again.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I agree. he’s probably done. But he might stay now for a lower price as a backup.

I agree. I think his days of dominance are over. Time to find his replacement.

• ukfinfan says:

Yep to all that, but it aint easy to find one. Even Wake escaped to Canada before we found him. How DID that happen. Just goes to show what a crap shoot personnel evaluation is.

Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
    Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
    I’d gladly do it because
    I don’t want to fade away

DL was getting pressure on Brady, but the whole offense (at least last night’s) is designed so he doesn’t have to stand in the pocket too long. That is not the same O scheme that lost to the Giants pressure in the Bowl.

Not sure how much of that is problems on their OL versus Brady’s arm versus what makes sense against a given D scheme……..but the Pats evolved once more. And yeah the shift is made easier when you have a target like Gronk. I love to laugh at him, but boy would I like him on our team.

41. Al in MIA says:

GDP,

Clearly a team loss. I have a list of memorable plays and it involves multiple players on both sides of the ball.

In no particular order.

The silent snap count where we got saftey’d…enough said.

The play where Tanny got sacked on a 3 man pass rush, Cameron was engaged with a defender going outside, and Brandon Albert comes into the play by pushing Cameron in the back (as if to help him push his guy) and the defender slips between he and Cameron.

On a screen to Dion Lewis going left off the snap, two OL of NE are out in front, Lewis gets off a good run. On the replay, you see Misi lined up on him…he sits back instead of attacking on the screen and the two OL coming up easily wipe him out. He overplayed to the outside and Lewis cut inside making it worse cause the middle of the field had less defenders than on the outside.

Kenny Stills catch attempt downfield that was broken up because he bobbled the ball was pretty bad too. YOU HAVE TO CATCH THAT (it got broken up because he didn’t catch it cleanly initially and it was moving in his hands”.

Rishard Matthews dropping one going to the outside on 2nd or 3rd down with Miami pinned back inside their own 10?

Jamar Taylor running downfield with his defender, then he turns his head prematurely rotates his head as if the ball is being thrown in the post allowing the WR for NE to run an easy back shoulder catch. It was embarrassing to see Taylor continue to run the post without the WR actually next to him because he assumed it was GO route all the way (the equivalent of a WR turning his head up field while simultaneously attempting to catch the ball; it’s poor technique).

Dallas Thomas had a couple F-me moments again.

Wake had 2 stupid off sides calls one on 3rd and 12 and Pats inside their own 15.

The Dolphins running for it on 3rd and 2 at the moment in a game where they had established nothing on the ground prior to and with OL injuries affecting line balance, was a poor decision as well.

There were times when Tanny had great protection. I was shocked, all I saw is guys trying to get through, and guys blitzing, and somehow, everyone was picked up. Again, we put too much pressure on the O-line though, by not running the ball. It was the same thing for the defense. They held a few times after the initial drive, and we left them out there to die.

Yep! We’ve seen this game so many times. It’s the same result every time we abandon the running game.

• ukfinfan says:

I wondered if Philbin was calling the plays in?
        Nada in the first half, came out with a TD on the first series of the second half and then melt down.
        #ThePhilbinway

Why is Lazor still our OC? Campbell needs to fire this guy and make his RB coach the OC and tell him to pound the ball 60 times a game 🙂

if Al Saunders doesn’t want it, maybe Al in MIA does

LOL@ #ThePhilbinway

Well Philbin isn’t here anymore and look at the offense we ran last night. What remains the same? The guy calling the plays.

47. Al in MIA says:

Mike E,
    Lmfao…
    In all seriousness, i expected the Patriots to win. I’m not going to get into style of loss because i dont care if its 50-0 or 21-20, it’s only good for 1 L.
    How the Fins bounce back will say alot about this team.
    I hate Buffalo and they are hurting too personnel wise.
    I want to see this team bounce back, stick a big F-U up there to Rex and the entire fan base and move onto the next ppl on the schedule.

48. Al in MIA says:

ukfinfan says:
    October 30, 2015 at 11:25 am

——-
    We didn’t really find him. Cam Wake had interest from 20 teams in the NFL; chose Miami likely due to Parcells and current opportunity (Miami didn’t have much on the DE front).

49. ukfinfan says:

Thanks for the recap Son – even though the area was just starting to scab over. Certainly aint no Sonshine in the review!
    At the Bills and at the Eagles. Both good tests, but I sense more pain in our future.

50. Al in MIA says:

Is Dallas Thomas going back to RT? 😦

51. Al in MIA says:

“I LEFT YOU A NICE SHIT STAIN, PAL”

52. ukfinfan says:

Al, I was reading about Wake recently – this is the article I found. Worth a browse if you have nothing better to do. Nearly a “one that got away” story, and whatever it was that swung it, we got a big W on that one!

The worst part of last night was wake injury. That really sucked. I mean whose gonna take his spot? shelby? fede? we’re doomed 😦

Son

Good piece

I wish I had more free time at work right now to spend on it and blog here – but I don’t right now

I agree with a lot of your frustration with Tannehill
    I just don;t get it with Tanny sometimes – He looks like a lost kid occassionally
    at the same time – there are moments when I think he looks great
    its very frustrating

I don’t understand why we only work Stills into the office deeper downt he filed when we are trailing
    This happened in our last two losses
    We didn’t even look at Stills in the Texans game

I don;t know where this is coming from
    is it the playcalling or is it the QB

but I would like to see some balls and work in downfield passes earlier

The ones thrown to Stills last night late in the game were well thrown
    I don;t think we have the inaccurate deep ball problem we had last year anymore – and that is a credit to Tanny

but I still think we shy away from using the entire filed in favor of shorter stuff
    which is fine – Brady doesn;t really throw deep too much
    but I think people know he can do it – so when he throws short – there is space for his playmakers to work with

DeVante Parker had a foot injury yesterday. Not sure if it was the one he had surgery on, but seems likely. Sounds like he is heading into “development” this season rather than “I’m the top pick beast.”

I guess james was wearing a boot in the locker room. Its a toe issue so he’ll probably be out for a while.

Losing Wake for the year and who knows about James and Parker, adds insult to injury.

stanger,
    tanny had some aweful throws last night. He just wasn’t his usual self. But I blame a lot of that on the OC play calls and lack of a rush attack

Jon

I think it’s more disappointment with Tanny that he never seems to rise up to the occasion in a big game.

finfanrob says:

October 29, 2015 at 11:49 pm

ok all,

bookman i am sorry how i come across i really am, you seem like a good guy.

FFR

No worries, just frustration on my part. I do find you entertaining.

October 30, 2015 at 11:53 am

It seems like this can be the same post year after year for our first round picks.

The bills game is the season IMO. And the bills are coming off a bye and getting healthy. So it’ll be tough task for sure. We win we’re still in it. We lose and its time to start thinking about the draft again. yikes.

We’ll be coming off 10 days…so we should be ready if we’re ever to be.
      This will be where Campbell’s real mettle will show or not.

63. ukfinfan says:

I really can’t make my mind up about Tanny. If we do move on from him at some time in the future (assuming we find a bona fide replacement and when it hurts us least from a cap pov), you know he’ll blossom elsewhere. If we keep him, you know he’ll always be the weak link and like Cutler, light it up one week and stink it up the next. That “inconsistent” model can work if everything else is perfect, but if it isn’t and you ever get to the play-offs, you get found out. My head says persevere with him. My heart says he isn’t the answer. Tough one and glad I don’t have to decide.

We usually win when we stick with the run and run it well. When we abandon it we usually lose.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

exactly. We need a power rushing offense like seattle or old jim harbaugh niner teams with tanny. This finesse packer/eagles shit ain’t working.

• ukfinfan says:

We certainly need to run better so other teams can’t tee off on us, but Tanny struggles with pocket presence, accuracy, touch and consistency at different times. I really hope he irons out the shortcomings in his game, but I fear he may never do so. I am not blaming him for this loss, btw, but my gut feeling is there is another big shake out coming in the off season and I was just wondering about stuff.

SB MVP Flacco & the 2015 Ravens. Think their fans are blaming him, want to get rid of him?
      It’s always a team game….sure some parts are stronger than others at times, but it’s a team, game.
      We know this all to well when Marino didn’t get a ring.

uk — he signed long-term………time to love him. No other choice really.

• ukfinfan says:

He has signed long term, but I’m sure I read that we can bail after 2 years on the current deal and it won’t kill us? This is year 1. Not an expert on such matters though.

He’s at least our QB through 2016. After that we could cut him at a cost (like $6 mil)……..but then he is going to be a QB at prime age and after all the years we put into training him. So long way to go……and he was AFC player of the week last week with a perfect QB rating.

• ukfinfan says:

Yep, and he set an NFL record for number of consecutive completions (I’d love to see the average distance through the air they went excluding YACs). Like I said, I’m not down on Tanny, I have very mixed feelings about him. I guess it boils down to him not inspiring confidence in me when the chips are down.

And I’d like to walk around the corner to a pub, find and order Plaice and chips. and wash it down with a pint of bitter. Gotta deal with your situation. 🙂

UK, lots of QB struggle with all those things at different times. There are very few elite QBs in the league who consistently play well. We’re not a good one dimensional team to begin with so when we become that, you can almost count on a loss. We’ve seen it so many times.

ukfinfan says:
    October 30, 2015 at 12:33 pm

I really can’t make my mind up about Tanny.

here is my stupid take. there is brady, rogers and what was manning. i may have missed one other or so, but basically there is only a few GREAT qb’s in the league at any point in time. the type as said on here that can carry a team. not sure how any player that only plays on one side of the ball carries a team but i digress.

so basically every team in the league is hoping to find one of those great qbs and the search is never ending. most teams only find one if ever in a franchise. some people think just draft another qb and he will be great. i think the last great drafted qb is roders. so it isnt just the fins looking for that great qb. so basically you can just go off on a hope and prayer that the next draft gives you a great qb or you play with your average to good qb and you build a really good team around him. aka the midget wilson. it sure is funny how all of a sudden the seahawks are losing once there defense is average.

No one player carries a football team but people continue to say it. A player can carry a baseball team for a few games if he’s hitting .500, slamming HRs and driving in a ton of runs, but not in football.

Yes, but some players take their team to victory in a game, and a QB has the best opportunity to do that. I can’t think of a game off the top of my head where the team played poorly, but Tanny played better and got us a win.

Because that rarely ever happens. How can it, other people still need to play well for that to happen unless he runs every play himself. Receivers need to catch the ball etc. You can win one dimensional say with a passing attack or a punishing running game but both need the support of multiple players.

‘No worries, just frustration on my part. I do find you entertaining.’

tim

i couldnt agree more. i always hate the saying and bs comments like brady has won 4 sb’s. i dont remember brady making one tackle. same with montana or any other qb that gets all the credit for winning a sb

69. ukfinfan says:

Good points made by all.
    FFR – I know you hate Omar, but he advocated drafting a QB every year until a team finds a great one. Fine in theory, but that’s a lot of draft picks to potentially waste. Still, we are no stranger to that concept.
    Tim – Yes, I know every player has “off days” but when a QB does, it affects the W/L column more than any other
    Mike – I think that’s the nub of it. Put the ball in Tanny’s hand when it matters and how do you feel. I know we’ve been spoilt, but I always knew if Dan could have one more possession, he’d score. With Tanny, I feel queasy in the same position.
    #QueasythePhilbinway

I think most people here are blaming the play calling more than tanny. At lease I am. Tanny did have some wild throws but he wasn’t the main reason we lost.

Lack of a running game was the main reason we lost IMO and will probably be the reason we’ll miss the playoffs yet again.

UK, Omar’s strategy is absurd. There’s a saying if you have 2 or 3 QBs you don’t have any. You need to invest in a guy and build around him. Our OL is still a work in progress. RT is a quality NFL QB who didn’t have his best game last night and the entire team didn’t play well.

uk,

i dont hate omar, i hate those who bring up his name.

(in all seriousness i dont hate him i just think he is a trolling fool. kind of the same i feel about rush limbaugh or howard stern. they just say stupid stuff to get the pot stirred. i dont see any talent in that)

October 30, 2015 at 1:17 pm

UK, Omar’s strategy is absurd.

lol, i just said he says stupid things just to stir the pot.

Anyone else get pissed off when we run the ball for a solid gain under center on 1st down and go right back to shotgun the next play? I can’t stand it. Also, why are we in shotgun on 3rd and 2 etc.? I really do hate our offense.

BoulderPhinfan says:
    October 30, 2015 at 1:14 pm

I think most people here are blaming the play calling more than tanny.

not me, i am blaming lauren. and now i think she should come over and give me a proper apology.

October 30, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Anyone else get pissed off

you should have just stopped there. yes to it all, the stupid play calling, unable to stop 3rd and longs, wasted draft picks. hell i am even pissed off at the cheerleaders

I guess we disagree there. Obviously the receiver has to catch the ball, but the QB has an opportunity to make positive plays when there’s adversity, but instead we’re always making excuses. That’s fine if it makes you feel better. Sometimes you just have to make plays. Think of how poorly SEA was playing in the playoffs against GB, but Wilson made a couple of really big plays to give them a chance to win. He played awful most of the game, but came up big at the end. I want to see Tannehill do that.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

tanny had a bad game but if we had run the ball more effectively I think he would have played a lot better.

I understand that, but just for a minute, put that aside. Think of a game that Tannehill had like Wilson did.

Well not many guys on offense played well last night so that’s not an excuse to me. From Lazor’s play calling resulting in one dimensional offense isn’t an excuse to me or makes me feel better. It’s a problem too often. I had a feeling how this game was going to end in the 1st half but was hoping we’d play better in the 2nd half. It was like watching the same game we played against BUF and NYJ.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

if we can’t run we lose. We have to keep running the ball. Lazor abandons the run as soon as they stop it a couple of times. he’s a major problem right now.

If anyone here can think of a game where the team was struggling, but Tanny helped us pull out a victory, go ahead and tell me. Any close game that Tanny made a big play at the end to lead us to vistory.

‘He played awful most of the game, but came up big at the end. I want to see Tannehill do that.’

but he only got that opportunity cause the defense came up big with stop after stop and then some magical onsides kick. so the point it took the whole team. in the fins case the d wouldnt stop anyone.

and that isnt making excuses for tanny, it is just blaming the whole team not one player

BoulderPhinfan says:
    October 30, 2015 at 11:56 am (Edit)
    stills had a big drop on the 1st drive of 2nd half. YOu can’t do that and expect to win up in NE.

*******************************
    He caught the very next pass for a 1st down
    it didn;t hurt us
    Albeit I was upset at the drop
    it ended up being irrelevent
    Stills is not a high drops guy
    my point is to use him early instead of when we are trailing

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I didn’t see the next catch because I was pissed and turned off the TV LOL

Hah Hah

I was tweeting that I was angry at Stills
        and then he caught the next pass and I edited my tweet to say soemthing like – he made up for it

It ended up being irrelevent – Stills is a solid WR with versatile skills

Think of a game that Tannehill had like Wilson did.

hmmmm i cant come up with a game where tanny threw 4 int’s and got bailed out by his def so he could make 3 or 4 plays and get all the credit for the win

82. ukfinfan says:

To clarify, we didn’t lose that game to the Pats cos of Tanny, we were beaten by a better team, a better QB and a better coach. No contest in more ways than one.
    The only reason I’ve been pondering Tanny’s good and bad points is that there could be big changes ahead. I like loads of things about him. He never gets down, he has a short memory and he’s as tough as nails. When he nails a pass it stays nailed.
    The bottom line is can he make the pass when he has to, That’s what you want from a QB. See Mike E’s 1:24pm post which I endorse 😉
    On that note, as the ventroliquist said, “time for a gottle of geer”
    Good chatting to you fellas. UK out. Have a good weekend – as Herd said, we can’t lose this Sunday!

October 30, 2015 at 11:57 am (Edit)
    Pig — Tanny threw for 400 yards. We can get it working. Never thought I’d be saying it but……great to have Mathews. And Landry of course, but we need at least one other solid. That drop by Stills killed me.
    **************
    stats mean nothing at the end of the day
    if we are trailing you can expect big yardage in passing –

and that drop by stills (see above) didn’t affect the game

My point is to use him earlier instead of waiting to be trailing

I’m not really talking about performance per se – I’m talking about the things than can be done to control the game and stretching the field earlier rather than waiting to when we are trailing matters

October 30, 2015 at 11:53 am (Edit)
    **************

if its not the same foot – he has horrible feet….lol

UK, yeah if we don’t finish by winning most of remaining games there is a good chance we’re going to look for a new HC and when that happens a lot of changes happen with personnel. Not always heavily the first year but after a few years the team is usually quite different.

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly
    Amen! Thought it was Philbin. Now I realize it is Lazor. https://twitter.com/hfd227/status/660132969000996864
    ______________________________
    Welcome to the party Omar, better late than never.
    But it was both Philbin, Coyle, & yes Lazor!

One of the comments from the Twitter link talked about running the ball 25-30 times last night, but running it or not running it wasn’t the issue. When the D crowds the LOS, and forces you to throw down the field you can’t run it or dink and dunk, you have to throw it down field.

Go back to when the U won their first championship, they played a Cornhusker team that ran the wishbone, the U put 9 guys on the LOS and stuffed them, until they opened up the offense, a little too late, but…

its easy to shut down the run when your offense doesn;t use the whole filed

That is my point about using stills earlier int he game (or Parker)

FFR

Wilson played like shit, and I wouldn’t give him credit for the win, but he made the plays at the end of game, came up clutch, and helped them win. The game was on the line, and he took it.

LOL @ UK – Cheers man!

#1 overall pick & media darling Andrew Luck is struggling mightily this year. Hmm….

He’s hurt, so I wouldn’t put too much into it.

Say what you want, he won some big games in his career when his defense and run game sucked. I’m not a Tanny hater by any means, but Tanny doesn’t do that. He needs more “assistance” than Luck does.

There very different QBs. RT tries to play efficient, Luck isn’t afraid of throwing INTs and going down the field a dozen times per game.

ukfinfan says:
    October 30, 2015 at 1:36 pm (Edit)
    On that note, as the ventroliquist said, “time for a gottle of geer”

**************
    I tend to agree
    There is a ton to like
    a also a ton to get frustrated by

I bet if we cut Tanny – the pats would claim him and win 8 super bowls with him after Brady retires…..lol

We sometimes forget RT is only in his 4th yr. Brady was winning SBs early, but it was because of the D, he was a dink and dunkster early in his career, he still is, but will throw downfield, if you crowd the line.

You could say the same thing about Big Ben too.

Brady doesn;t throw downfield a lot
        but I never think he is afraid to do it
        Sometimes I think tanny is afraid to do it
        you can;t wait until you are trailing to do it

What I would’ve done last night when the cheats crowded the LOS is brought in a 2nd TE and used the max protect package, instead Lazor had RT in the gun with 5 wide.

Yes, we seemed to also abandon the 2 TE sets we used vs Texans.
      It’s like we didn’t fear the NE front 7 at all….SMH!

I think Tanny needs a little “Luck” in him.

He needs better play and better coaching around him. Sure brady is great, but he certainly isn’t doing it on his own, when they need the D to step up late in games (their 2ndary will hold you and grab you) and get a stop.

Steve good point above. Yes the Pats stacked the LOS to take away our run game & short passing game.
    Then to repel that would be throwing intermediate to deeper throws, open up the passing game, however, the pass protection has to be there for that to happen.

I also didn’t see any of the fake reverse and other plays against NE, that we used to catch the Texans off guard and when they over pursued.

Lazor went back to panic 101 play calling. Didn’t seem to know how to adjust to BB’s defensive looks.

it wasn;t great pass protection
      but late in the game and in the first drive of the 3rd qtr we do use more of the filed effectively in spite of the pass protection

If you do that early
      and then you are able to establish a running game early as well
      the pass protection also will improve

I agree about taking a shot or two down the field early, to establish that you’re looking for that…..keep the Defense on their heels a bit at times.

That’s why I said I would’ve used max protect, but not on every play you have to change it up or they’ll figure it out.

When we scored to start the 3rd qtr RT was under center and using play action to freeze the D, it worked to perfection, I don’t know what happened after that.

Lazor doesn’t stick to bread and butter plays. He tries to outsmart people with some trickery when it’s not needed. That’s what I don’t like about him. He makes it more complicated than it needs to be.

See my post below Tim

the death blow was your favorite

3rd and 1 from and we run from the shotgun!
        ARGHHHHHHH!!!!

Strangely the playcalling/Lazor out coaches himself and goes away from looks that we do well at, and is constantly trying to push a worn out, figured out scheme.

that drive was exactly what I want to see

But I think they scored a FG after that
      which didn;t kill us

here was out next drive:
      (6:04 – 3rd) S.Gostkowski kicks 65 yards from NE 35 to MIA 0. J.Landry to MIA 18 for 18 yards (J.Freeny; N.Ebner).
      1st and 10 at MIA 18
      (6:04 – 3rd) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass short right to L.Miller to MIA 22 for 4 yards (M.Butler)
      2nd and 6 at MIA 22
      (5:22 – 3rd) (Shotgun) PENALTY on MIA-J.Landry, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at MIA 22 – No Play
      2nd and 11 at MIA 17
      (4:58 – 3rd) R.Tannehill pass short right to J.Landry pushed ob at MIA 35 for 18 yards (M.Butler) [R.Ninkovich]
      1st and 10 at MIA 35
      (4:22 – 3rd) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass short right to R.Matthews pushed ob at MIA 42 for 7 yards (M.Butler)
      2nd and 3 at MIA 42
      (3:53 – 3rd) L.Miller up the middle to MIA 44 for 2 yards (G.Grissom; D.Easley)
      3rd and 1 at MIA 44
      (3:09 – 3rd) L.Miller right guard to MIA 42 for -2 yards (S.Siliga)
      4th and 3 at MIA 42
      (2:25 – 3rd) M.Darr punts 58 yards to end zone, Center-J.Denney, Touchback

The 3rd and 1 run was fatal
      That run from the shotgun was also fucking stupid

after we punted
      we forced them to punt – so still alive and only down 22-7

But then there was INT at some point later (and people on twitter said that there was PI on that play FWIW)

then the Patriots take INT and score TD
      Game over at that point 29-7

Fuck Cam Newton!

Lazor is definatley too cute at times

and I still hate the running from the shotgun
    especially on 3rd and 1

It’s too slow developing…was talking about that last night with the peeps I watched the game with.
      Doesn’t instill confidence in your OL & RB’s. If anything, have Mitchell in their as a blocking FB with Miller, then fake the hand off to Miller & throw to the TE or WR on a quick out.

In other words, we’re not fooling anyone during the NE game and constantly played into their hands, their strengths.

Oh well, time to regroup and REVENGE the Jills.

Everyone just tees off on the running back

its pretty easy to defend

You are as likely to get a loss as a big gain

when you need 1 yard – you don;t play odds like that

It feels like we’re doing the opponent a favor.

Everyone get ready
        We are about to give the ball to the running back 5 yards deep
        Here we go! come get him

Piggy, have I told you I hate our offense?

it didn;t affect the outcome

but Am I the only one who is furious that the Patriots played Tom Brady and all their starters up 29-7 so late in the game

they Patriots go up 36-7 on a 16 yard TD from brady to edelman with 7 minutes left int he game

Who does that?

They actually picked up a 1st down on the ground on the first few plays – and most teams would just work the clock and keep running the ball – or even pull their starters

but then they pass for 4 consecutive times from midfield
    Brady was actually sacked on the 3rd pass – and you would think it would matter to the patriots so they don;t get him hurt – but they leave him in and pass pass pass

its crazy
    no wonder everyone hates that team
    so classless

Belichick doesn’t believe in taking starters out or calling off the dogs. I think he gets off on humiliating teams.

That didn’t bother me as much as our play calling and lack of pass rush and lack of coverage on lil Edelman. Seems the Pats always get to us with a small receiver game.

• Try Pod says:

Agreed Mr Done- does not bother me if Brady is in or not- it’s their call, as they are assuming all the risks. Stop him and it won’t be an issue.

99. Try Pod says:

Bruschi on Russillo agrees with you Tim. He said the Dolphins looked like high schoolers with their gimmick plays, and that works against lesser talent, but the patriots are well coached and can see past that crap and play their assignment. On defense, he pointed out wake and Mitchell not chipping that little fucker out of the backfield on the way to the ab- Bru said the little fucker is good but he should not be able to run free like that, but he was because no one was hitting him.

mike

but the midget only got that chance cause the rest of the team bailed him out. if tanny throws an int the d will give up a td. and again not excusing tanny, he has his faults, i am just saying the rest of the team is no help either.

and it is ok you are mad, an angry helping hand is always fun too

Rob

What happened before that moment is irrelevant. He made the plays he had to to win the game when the game was on the line, at the end. That’s what matters.

We just aren’t good enough right now to go up there on a short week and beat them.

Another problem with Philbin’s teams are they don’t borderline the rulebook enough, so in a game like last night where they weren’t calling anything they get killed. One they should’ve called in the first half was a PI on Matthews on 3rd down coming out of our own end, that was a huge no call with the score 9-0 I think.

WTF was RT doing on the safety was he in LaLaland or what?

103. Try Pod says:

Son, finally took the time to read this. I was on board with the Tanne-shill/kill assessment, and though I hate to admit it, Newton IS a better all-around qb, but I still don’t like the “Stuporman” imitation. If you are a leader, LEAD- don’t be an instrument of derision. Anyway, good gut wrenching assessment by you.

Wilson probably is a little overrated, and I don’t think he’s better than Tannehill, but I think he’s willing to take the game by the reins, where I don’t beleve Tannehill has that in him.

• Try Pod says:

I’m not mad at Tanne- he was a wide receiver converted to qb- you can do that in college, but in the nfl the responsibility of the position is much greater, and I’m not convinced he will ever be consistent enough in the various aspects to ever be effective CONSISTENTLY.

Miami Dolphins ✔ @MiamiDolphins
    “We didn’t run the ball effectively enough and we didn’t protect Ryan.”
    ________________________
    I agree, that was from Pouncey. I also like what Campbell said in the video interview below.
    “I hope this eats away at the players like it’s eating away at me. Don’t ever forget this feeling!”

I’m not mad at Tanny, I’m just williing to admit his shortcomings.

Tanny is what he is…an average NFL QB. Which means he can’t get you those 3-5 wins a year where it may have been a loss. He doesn’t make guys around him better. He makes the OL look like shit often. He doesn’t even look at big plays downfield sometimes and leaves big chunks of yardage on the field in favor of a 5 yard dump off. He isn’t a franchise QB other than his salary. He’s in his fourth year. He is what he is. Expecting him to “lead” this team to anything is stretching it.
    ***
    This franchise completely redid the offense and the personnel to fit HIS needs, and he still can’t take that next step. These losses are as much or more on him as any other player. He’s supposed to be the guy who gets us in the end zone. That’s his job. Like it or not…fair or not…that’s just the way it is. Just like Philbin had to take the blame for this team’s performance whether it was true or not and lose his job. Whining about it or making excuses for the kid doesn’t change that.

Lazor is also an amateur OC and the OL makes the rest of the offense look like shit at times. It’s still a team game and this offense as a whole is inconsistent and silly. LOL

One thing I have to say Randy, is that they redid the offense to what Joe Philbin thought was best for Tannehill. Unfortunately, i think Joe was wrong. He looks very comfortable with play action and playing under center, yet Joe allowed the offense to completely devoid of that.

October 30, 2015 at 2:58 pm

FFR also thinks Wilson is overrated and mocks him often. LOL

if he is thrown in the the rogers of the nfl yes then he is overrated. if he is just considered in the top 8-15 then no he isnt.

October 30, 2015 at 3:08 pm

I’m not mad at Tanny, I’m just williing to admit his shortcomings.

i think i have too, just i admit to the shortcomings of the rest of the team too.

These losses are as much or more on him as any other player.

yeah, he souldnt have given up all those scores. since it is MORE on him he needs to play better d

Rob

Believe me, I know our team isn’t great, but every now and again, it would be nice if our QB did a little more when the other units struggle.

mike

i agree. but i am just so sick of it all i would be happy if anyone did a little more while everyone else is sucking.

Randy is like Ali, punches and runs. lol

Randy is the Greatest. 🙂

October 30, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Randy is like Ali, punches and runs. lol

yep i agree……Laila Ali

For some reason I picture Randy typing in his post, and then as the responses come in, him just sitting there and laughing like Muttley. lol

lmfao, took the day off and sitting here with my parents. my mom is on her laptop trying to pick up some running back for her fantasy team. she saw someone else already picked up her guy and i qoute. very angrily ‘that son of a bitch’

Rob

At first I thought you meant pick up a RB, like on Tinder, not Fan Duel

Try Pod says:
    October 30, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Wrong! Tanny was a HS QB his junior & senior years and then recruited by Texas A&M as a QB. But while @ A&M early on he was stuck behind Jerrod Johnson & Stephen McGee, so he asked Sherman to let him on the field so help his team. He didn’t want to just ride the bench.
    He later then won the starting QB job.

• Try Pod says:

Forgive me your all omniscient being- doesn’t change his limitations, and though the specifics were a bit wrong, the result is the same.

October 30, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Rob

At first I thought you meant pick up a RB, like on Tinder, not Fan Duel

mike my mom doesnt use tinder, that is for sluts. my mom is well paid for her services, she doesnt give that shit away for free.

LMAO Rob

this is how i picture randy

Sorry guys. My son decided he needed to talk to me. Lol
    ***
    I don’t dislike Tanny the person. He seems like a good teammate and usually plays hard. I just think he’s limited and average. It just makes it harder to build a winning team when you have an average QB. The NFL bends over backwards to accommodate QBs. You have to be able to take advantage of that.
    ***
    And Mike, I would guess that many minds were involved in building this offense for Tanny. I doubt it was just Joe…or even mostly Joe. Just guessing though.

Joe picked both Sherman and Lazor, and our offense appears to borrow a lot from what GB did before they got Eddie Lacy. Who else would you say had input on both of the OC’s that were picked, and what kind of offense they ran?

Son sound like Hulk. Hulk no know if he need to write piece now Son go off on rant

“Boomer Esiason of WFAN reported on his weekday radio show that the Jets asked that their locker room at Gillette Stadium be swept for bugs in advance of last Sunday’s game against the Patriots.”

But of course the Pats had to later kick in with their own take on this…….they are never in the wrong after all.

“As one source has explained to PFT, the Patriots have become concerned that a team eventually will plant bugs on its own and claim that the Patriots put them there. This has prompted the Patriots to ask the league to certify before each game that the visiting locker room is clean before an opposing team enters.”

Stanger

I kid you not that even if we knew exactly what NE was going to do on offense and defense, we still wouldn’t have won.

MikeE
    Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. I meant getting new personnel and making us a throw-heavy team that focuses on short passes. Not unlike lots of teams, actually. I would guess that every offensive coach and several personnel guys had a say in all of that. Remember, we got rid of several offensive players because they supposedly didn’t fit with either Tanny or the offense…depending on the story you believed.
    ***
    Yes, Philbin is responsible for hiring his coordinators…and, possibly allowing them to have too much autonomy. Many NFL HCs do the same thing. It’s not that strange or out of line. My point was. Philbin took the heat for his mistakes and shortcomings. Tannehill does too because they’ve done their best to build this team around him, and he’s still not getting it done.
    ***
    And, just for fairness, I thought the whole offense sucked yesterday….not just Tanny.

Pouncey said we didn’t run the ball or protect Tanny well enough. That will usually = a loss to a team like the Pats on their home turf.

I think they protected him really well on some plays, but when all you do is pass, and it’s obvious you’re passing, eventually the odds are against you. i thought they had a few great blitz pickups last night.

Yeah you can’t stay one dimensional for long, unless you have a superior OL along with stellar play calling to keep the Defenses confused.
        We go with a lot of what teams see in our game film. They’re ready. At least the well prepared ones are.

Stanger:
    All changes in weight of all balls tested from Pats were beyond range of changes related to ideal gas law. League did good job in handling balls

getterdone
    Agreed, we almost never run the ball enough, but that doesn’t change the issues Tanny has. Not running the ball makes life harder for the OL too but almost nobody throws them that excuse lifeline. They’re still expected to get their jobs done anyway…which they struggled with last night at times. They’re to blame for that embarrassment last night too.

Many here say all the time running the ball helps the OL get their feet moving forward and not on their heels all the time. It was one of the first things Campbell said too. Yet we go right back to abandoning the run after how well it worked the last two games. The defense forced the Pats to punt a few times at 9-0, no reason to abandon anything but of course the wizard Lazor thought different.

I have mentioned more than once that you can’t leave an OL on its heels too long. Got to get them moving forward hitting somebody. That gains them confidence, and leverage over the Dl that they’re punching in the mouth.

All QB’s have issues when the OL is pushed back and when plays break down. You even saw it with Brady. But we didn’t get that type of pressure on him enough because of better play calling to get him out of that trouble more often than not, unlike with Tanny & our offense.

Ok, enough negativity. It’s one loss no matter how ugly it was. Another game on Sunday. Let’s see how Dan Campbell and the team respond. I’ll be watching and rooting for a win like always. Catch ya later fellas. My time online is done.

OK who is Cindy Noregard and why is she pitching in the World Series?

October 30, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Explains why Kraft gave in so easily. Still doesn’t peg Brady though. He had to know, but thats a hard one to prove without a snitch

correct me if i am wrong but wasnt he ‘punished’ for is lack of cooperation and not deflating the balls. not that any of it matters, the league isnt going to do anything about it. they are going to go undefeated and win a sb and cheaty retires and never faces punishment.

Teams fines and draft picks (2016 1st rd pick & 2017 4th rd pick) was the punishment.

Lack of cooperation was thrown in there (and he didn’t) but they still in court went with part of the deflate conspiracy. Not sure why refusing to hand over the texts (which I thought worth two games right there) didn’t play in more.

133. Try Pod says:

Randy,
    It’s been said ad nauseam: Tanne may not be the only reason we lose a game, but he’ll likely never be the only reason we won one, either.

stanger, that is simple, it was never a plan to just suspend him. the nfl went to the absurd cause they knew the courts would toss it. the never had any plans for him to miss a game.

why i just hate him so much, i would so love to see someone cheap shot him knocking him out of football for life. the whole organization thinks they are above the rules. they prove it over and over. they could not have been more blunt then the first game of the year, they fucked with the radios. they have no fear of the league.

ffr — but yet they are appealing. Call them stupid, but don’t think this was some grand plan to let Brady skate.

October 30, 2015 at 5:03 pm

the 33 pick isnt all that big a deal. but i was talking about brady and not the team. besides none of it matters, as long as roger and kraft are bfb’s nothing will change

October 30, 2015 at 5:23 pm

they appealed just last monday. hmmmm 6 games into the season and they appealed, wonder why they waited so long. and at 6-0. so what, they suspend him for the last two games when they are 14-0

ffr — they filed the notice of appeal long before that and expressed the intent to so right after the trial. These were iniital pleadings.

stanger,

i said it from the start, he is not going to be suspended. or if anything he wont miss any games of importance. maybe they will suspend him for their bye week of the playoffs. i dont know how much more clear it needs to be for everyone to see how the cheats get away with everything

lmao, watching the nfl network. well i am not, my mom put it on. and every time one of her fantasy players comes on in some highlight she is bitching about him calling him names for not producing.

there is nothing like your mom being more a sports fanantic then her sons.

139. bat says:

Well, I see that Bazooka Joe’s Dolphins are back from their vacation. Just in time to slog their way to 8-8. I’d say that I hope we tank to get a decent draft pick, but we’d only use it on a fragile guy with several lingering injuries …lol

140. bat says:

“bookman, i appreciate that. but my constant negativity during the game doesnt help ones frustration. so i do apologize for adding to any frustration.”

rob … You sadden me with your supplication. Negativity is nothing to apologize for. It is a strength. It keeps us tethered to reality, and is quite amusing as well.

Ok, I’m a shameless mom, any of you with a facebook account, like my daughter’s photo in this link. It’s a costume thing at the barn where she rides, She is supposed to be Velma and the horse is scooby do. in addition to bragging rights, she gets a free lesson if she wins. 🙂

Good to see you Bat, but not surprised. The two games before this might have got you looking elsewhere for souls. 🙂

Do hope you can join us for the next Fest though………this one was real fun.

143. bat says:

Herd …I have a FB account that I rarely use. Do I like the page or the little thumb avatar? …I’ll get my wife to like it to..she’s a FB junkie…lol

my evil friend. you misunderstood. i just apologized for adding to his frustration. i didnt apologize for being negative. it is the only way to deal with this team and keep ones sanity

145. bat says:

Stanger .. New job doesn’t allow me to get on in prime time during the day ..Then in the evening I’m either watching hockey or on the X Box 1 .. My opportunities are limited … Would love to make the next fest if I can. Logistics and finances just didn’t work out this year …lol

October 30, 2015 at 5:47 pm

stanger, i heard they did it on monday. that was what was reported.

but ok either way, you got me, the nfl is soooooooo upset and going to punish there poster boy. i am sooooo silly for thinking him playing 7 games so far wasnt his punishment

147. bat says:

rob … Part of the allure of negativity is tormenting those who are bothered by it … at least for me it is …lol

Logistics and finances just didn’t work out this year …lol

same here. there is no way i would spend a penny on that team.

lol @ bat.

150. bat says:

rob …LOL ..believe it or not that was one of my considerations. I still had the bad taste of the Tenn. fest debacle in my mouth and during the planning stages Bazooka Joe was still the coach and I had absolutely no confidence in the team. I couldn’t tell my homer wife that though …lol

Bat:

If you click on the photo above, it should take you to the pic on FB and click like there. Thanks! 🙂

152. bat says:

Herd … OK …Done!

Even if we do end up keeping campbell another year I’m sure lazor’s days are over. I bet he hires a new OC and DC

This sub par season stuff is just getting so old and boring. No matter who the Pats have they’re the same team. No matter who we have we’re the same team. Ugh!

bat,

that is what happens when you marry homers. lol

james being out 4-6 weeks is a bumber. Fox played ok yesterday actually as his replacement I think fox is a better RT than LT.

157. Rhino says:

I wasn’t hiding after last nights game… I’ve been busy all day washing the sheets for our offense.

158. Rhino says:

all the cutesy stuff from the offense means… we were intimidated. Games like that where NE has a ridiculous record at home, the team should have been loose and “playing with house money” cuz no one (except fin fans) thought they could win.

To add to Piggies analysis:

1st and 10 at MIA 18

This play was within one inch of being 78 yd TD.. defender just barely got enough to knock Miller of stride, in fact i thought he was ging to right himself but he fell down..there was NO ONE left on that side of the field

2nd and 6 at MIA 22
    2nd and 11 at MIA 17
    1st and 10 at MIA 35

2nd and 3 at MIA 42
    (3:53 – 3rd) L.Miller up the middle to MIA 44 for 2 yards (G.Grissom; D.Easleyn
    There was a 4-6 yd wide hole to. Tanny’s left , that he would have easily been able to run through for the first down…

3rd and 1 at MIA 44
    (3:09 – 3rd) L.Miller right guard to MIA 42 for -2 yards (S.Siliga)
    4th and 3 at MIA 42
    (2:25 – 3rd) M.Darr punts 58 yards to end zone, Center-J.Denney, Touchback

The 3rd and 1 run was fatal
    That run from the shotgun was also fucking stupid

after we punted
    we forced them to punt – so still alive and only down 22-7

oh yeah there was… db totally knocked (Stills ??) on his ass then came back to ball

then the Patriots take INT and score TD
    Game over at that point 29-7
    yep that was it…..

on the above mentioned Miller run on 2nd and 3, i do not know how Ryan could not have seen the hole… it seems like he does not have the blessing of coaches( or his own confidence) to change the play at LOS

Been a great trip. Fly home timorrow. Will not miss the Boston sports guys. What a bunch of pompous arrogant ass wipes. To paraphrase” No one playing the Patriots has a chance we are gonna go undefeated again”

Hey Asswipes you didn’t go undefeated your record was 18 and DOH !!!!! Giants won the Super Bowl

And on that note i will assume i have once again killed the blog and check out until Sunday. Kill the Bills and lets get our Mojo back.

Thanx for the So Flo memories.

163. uwantwat says:

OK I watched the game from about 1/2 through the 2nd quarter to the end. My main question is why did I bother staying with it? I was expecting to see a totally deifferent game from the first 4 games of total crap and pussification. Result I told my wife this is the same shit as BJ’s team was serving up. I sit here shaking my head at Lazor’s non offence. It was bloody offensive to me to have to watch it. WRs are paid millions to catch the damn ball. Stills is wide open, ball is right where it was meant to be and he just drops it. No excuses. Matthews the same thing, these blokes are supposed to be playmakers,huh what a joke. Cameron goes up against 2 defenders gets the ball right into his hands and DROPS THE FREAKIN THING. Lamar Miller gets to the edge passes the defender and falls over, Shortly after he falls over at the LOS. Hasn’t he got the proper cleats on or something. OL don’t get me started on those weak bastards, memo to Hickey find some proper OL next F/A for christ’s sake. Tanny pull your bloody finger out and bloody well audile when idiot Lazor wants calls run from the shotgun on 3&1. Jeezus I’m still roperable. That is why we lost this game, inept on the O. This isn’t a functional O at all. If I’m Dan Campbell Lazor gets fired today and replaced by Saunders or at least Lazor get stripped of the play calling duties. Freakin idiot bastard he is! Dan make them watch the film and then push them in practise until they all puke their guts out.

Did you hear about the chameleon that couldn’t change color?

He had a reptile dysfunction

165. ocalahowie says:

I’m still here and did not give up. I got kicked off yesterday AM from writing the word STY-MIED
    I’m like WTF no one uses that word in a derogatory manner.
    and then it wouldnt let me click the post button the rest of the morning
    WERE STILL GOOD!!!

166. ocalahowie says:

We might not be able to hang with the elite teams but among the Crappy teams we are right at the top.
    I am not worried about the Bills this time…
    GO PHINS!!!

one full day has passed and I still feel like shit from thursday night 😦

Now you know why the cheats have owned the division for the last 15 yrs. The rest of the division gets close, then the cheats pull some other BS to gain an advantage, causing the players to feel how you do now, then they fall back and lose any momentum they had.

Thank God the Mets won last night. I was becoming seriously depressed over the last three days; Not to mention I am incredibly sleep deprived.

LET’S GO METS!!!

Best Halloween costume I’ve seen this year.

Something isn’t right here, so the cheats have a great season after spygate, now are doing the same after deflategate. I don’t know what they’re doing, but something isn’t on the level.

The ESPN report a couple of months ago that talked about the cheating also talked about a previous FO of the cheats say that the spying wasn’t even the biggest advantage they were getting (from cheating). I wonder what else they’re doing.

On Thursday Cameron wasn’t used much and we didn’t throw deep more than a couple of times, even though they crowded the line, but when we did try to go deep to Cameron they seemed to be expecting it, how?

Omar said this offseason there’s something funny happening in Foxboro in the 2nd halves of our games. He mentioned how every time it was close in the first half the cheats would strangely turn it around in the 2nd half.

I think Kraft has an idea something’s going on, but I don’t really think he knows either. I used to hate him, but I now believe he isn’t a player in this nor does he know what’s going on.

The other owners know something is going on too, that’s why Deflategate is starting to get wings again. The lowering of PSI by 2 PSI of a football isn’t going to change the outcome of any game, I think we all know that, so the original 4 game suspension has nothing to do with PSI, but other things the cheats have done or are still doing.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

they were the better team on thursday. They out played and out coached us.

I agree with that and mentioned yesterday we just aren’t good enough. When the game was close early though something just wasn’t right with how things played out. Sure there was some lousy play calling, but it’s only lousy when it doesn’t work and I think a lot of what was called should’ve worked, but didn’t, as if the cheats knew what was coming. It had an eerie feel to it like it was 2003 (I believe, the year in between the cheats 3 SB wins in 4 yrs that they lost) again the game we were up 11 with just a couple of minutes left. Feidler was the QB and we had the ball inside our 10 with 2 minutes left, the cheats crowded the line then backed off into pass coverage, as if they knew we weren’t going to run.

I think we sometimes out coach ourselves, especially on offense.

uwantwat, all those plays you mentioned pissed me off while I was watching the game too. I was at a busy casino in the sports book watching. When Miller tripped over his own feet, one play after he fell down when running outside and was tripped by someone touching his shoelace, I blurted out Jesus Christ, and people (watching several different events, NBA, college FB, horseracing) looked at me like WTF, which is exactly what I was thinking about Miller WTF.

How is it that they changed the 5 yrd chuck rule, because of how the cheats manhandled the Colts receivers in the championship game several yrs ago, but don’t make the cheats live by the new enforcement of the rule? Seattle has gotten away with this the past few yrs too.

The Giants are idiots for paying him $14.8. I know there’s lots of incentives, but I find it hard to believe he can be anything close to the player he was. How is he going to hold on to a QB or someone with the ball?

Happy Halloween
    New blog up in 1 min

“How is he going to hold on to a QB or someone with the ball?”

At this point the Giants will take just getting to the QB, they’ll worry about tackling later.