The Porcine Oddyssey#29: Jaguars @ Dolphins (RE-PORKED)

Finsmob Unleashed

Well its the Offseason

And you know what that means

Um…no one wants to write or has anything to write about….

But come with me…

PiggyFlashback

Come with me to an Oddyssey Flashback

All this talk about Tannehill and coaches..it got me oinking…

Remember when we used to talk about Henne being trained to check down..

Here it is…the story if Killroy Pig…Re-Porked

******************************************

PORKLOGUE: Well this week I hate my job more than ever and I think it will show in today’s Oddyssey which is a short little ditty about old memories. Domo Arigato!

Steampunk Pig

PIGGY IS SITTING ON THE COUCH. HE IS NOT WEARING PANTS…AGAIN…

The Flying Pig: (playing with the remote control) …wow there is nothing on tv…

Wedge: (walking in the room) Piggy?

Psychic GPS: (walking in the room) Do you have a minute?

Colonpokey: (following GPS and Wedge and whispering to GPS and Wedge) He is not…

View original post 1,577 more words

392 Responses to The Porcine Oddyssey#29: Jaguars @ Dolphins (RE-PORKED)

I think you can comment now

### Jarvis Landry, appearing on Sirius XM Radio, said he’s excited about the coaching change and pointed to two necessities for this offense: “putting guys in space” to make plays (he called for more screens) and protecting the quarterback (obviously).

Come on Landry! We don’t need more WR Screens!!!!!!!!!

Look at it from his perspective, he likes the ball in his hands. Also, the screens arent the problem, telegraphing them because of shitty play calling was more the problem. Tanny also seems to throw a WR screen pretty decently, though he could work on drawing the defense in a little bit better, he just cant throw a RB screen to save his life.

Landry just wants the ball in his hands more….lol

I think we need more plays in the middle of the field – away from the sidelines
      A slant to Landry on 3rd down should be a staple of the offense

Landry has returner skills, i think he likes getting the ball with a chance to maneuver around blockers. I agree we need to have slants, etc, but i think Landry likes to see the field like that where he has pawns in place and he gets to maneuver around them. I think it will be a lot better opinion of WR screens if we arent telegraphing them by disguising formations and setting them up instead of calling them all the time. I also think will be better working Parker into those, as it gives the defense more of a threat to deal with away from the play, could set up some fake to the WR screen, deep slant to Parker kind of scenarios.

Since its a “re-porked” article, should we cut and paste our previous comments from the previous article? I mean we like re-hashing the shit out of the same arguments anyways so might just make it easier lol

Jarrad Davis, UF LB, not sure if he declares this year or not, but he’s a junior and might declare early.

“Dan Campbell, who was the team’s tight end coach before being promoted to interim coach in October, is not expected to return.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said on Saturday that he would love to see Campbell remain in the organization but that the decision was ultimately up to Gase.

Sources say that Campbell will make the decision easy for Gase.

Campbell wants to move on and will almost certainly leave the Dolphins. However, nothing is official yet.”

D, I thought we threw the ball to the RBs really well. Not sure we even ran a lot of RB screens. Most of them were wide flat throws.

Landry did say putting guys in space. What exactly does he mean. What I want to see more of is how we use Parker – slants, deep crossing routes, deep outs, posts and deep perimeter throws.

See above, i think WR screens to Landry, along with other plays would help the same formation get Parker open on deep posts/digs. which is more of what we want him running.

So yes i agree with ya.

Hmmm guess i wasnt clear, by working Parker into those i mean as an away fromt he screen set up receiver. IE, throw a few to landry, then same formation, when they are drawn to the screen side, work Parker down the field on a deep post/dig for a big gain.

January 12, 2016 at 9:45 am
    Landry just wants the ball in his hands more….lol

I think we need more plays in the middle of the field – away from the sidelines
    A slant to Landry on 3rd down should be a staple of the offense
    —————————————–
    Thats also part of it too, the time they are called. 3rd and long isnt the right time for a WR screen, unless its like 3rd and forever and you are going conservative/high percentage play vs pushing for a pickup on 3rd and very long.

The frustrating part of our offense was so multi-level. Play selection given down and distance was WAY off. There was no setting up of future plays, or i should say very little. They didnt hide one play alternative inside another very well. You could almost know what was the play just looking at their lineup. It was almost like they had a guy who let his 10 year old draw up the plays for him. Almost no concept of how to call a game by a guy with years experience in the NFL.

All the soup in South Fla just went stale
      😦

If I was Gase I would not have retained him. Campbell is popular with the players and you don’t want a mutiny.

Rizzi doesn’t surprise me though. He knows the STs guys, the young kicker and punter so it serves Gase well to not mess with a good thing. STs was our best and most consistent unit last year.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

he’ll end up in with the bills or the jets and beat us a couple of times a year.

Bullard, UF DE/DT, a lot like Shaq Lawson, big athletic guy with speed on the outside and size/strength to set the edge and power rush. He can also slide inside on plays where we shift our DL, i like him as an alternative to Lawson if we miss out on him.

I really liked Campbell, but with a young unproven guy like Gase as head Coach, I agree, it’s definitely for the best of Gase and the team for Campbell to go. If things don’t work out down the road (hopefully not the case, with Gase), we can give Campbell a call and see if he’s interested in coming back.

Not sure what we’re going to do at TE this offseason but Gase utilized the TE quite a bit in Denver and Chicago. As far as WRs Landry, Parker and Stills is a good group for him to work with. Still didn’t catch a lot of passes but he did get deep and make plays down the field. Parker also proved to be a vertical threat so I think our offense has potential if we can solidify the OL and establish a solid running game.

per herald

### The Dolphins on Monday interviewed Titans receivers coach Shawn Jefferson for the same job and are expected to hire him, according to ESPN’s Adam Caplan and Paul Kuharsky (via Kuharsky’s Twitter account).

Jefferson caught 470 passes in a 13-year career but has drawn mixed reviews as a receiver coach.

D, I understand Campbell left the team, I was just saying if I was Gase I wouldn’t have retained him anyway.

I think it’s time to look at another TE, I think Cameron would be better as the 2nd TE.

I think Cameron is a really good TE, even last year when he didnt get his catches in he was open a good bit. I think he is a lot better than stats suggested. You should give him a pass for this year, we could upgrade Sims, but TE isnt a position i care to draft this year. Hunter Henry is awesome, and i think Howard showed last night why people hold him in higher regard than his stats indicate. Either would be an upgrade over Sims but im not sure id rather have them using a 2nd/3rd on a TE over another position. Again, probably a position we dont draft, unless we pick up some extra picks.

I don’t know D. I really didn’t see anything special from Cameron. He never seems to make the tough catch, and maybe that’s why Tannehill didn’t look his way so much. I think he’ll probably be our TE next year, because we have so many other needs, but maybe a guy in the mid to late RD’s. When I look at Cameron, I don’t see a super athletic guy who can make things happen, and I don’t see a physical guy who will get the ball and then be tough to bring down or one that blocks real well in line. Not sure if he does anything really well except that he has decent speed.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

he is too expensive anyways

D

Have you seen OSU TE Nick Vannett play? Any thoughts?

I dont see him as an upgrade to Sims, but he seems solid and maybe better option as a blocker if we are moving to a more run based team. He seems a lot like the blocking TE’s that both Denver and Chicago had, decent receiving ability, very solid blocker. I havent watched a ton of film on him though, just a couple highlight reels.

I wouldn’t have a problem keeping Cameron along with Sims while looking for another TE who has some receiving skills. Sims was really progressing until he knocked himself out trying to make that catch and it took him awhile to work his way back and he was inconsistent as a receiver. But sometimes we’re too quick to write guys off, they do have down years. Sims could still be a solid overall TE as part of a group. But adding another guy who has overall TE skills would be good too.

When you start trying to improve your team using addition by subtraction you sometimes don’t really upgrade as much as you might think.

Cameron was targeted 70 times, only caught half. That’s pretty freaking awful. I know, it’s all Tannehill’s fault. My guess is Tanny decided to look elsewhere.

There is a good mix of catch-able balls and non catch-able with those missed opportunities. Several were thrown way behind him, i can see a couple of them in memory, but i also have seen him drop some he definitely should have had. I think both those can be attributed to chemistry between two players, but my big thing was his ability to get open and get behind the defense and he was able to do that. For a TE those are pretty elite level skills, i just dont see him as easily replaced.

There was a disconnect between the two a good portion the season. Cameron did come through with some nice plays though. But he did not have what you would call a good season as a receiver.

Mike E, TE wasn’t a staple of our offense. Just 58 receptions from the TE position. Maybe Gase will utilize the TE more often. The Bears had 91 receptions at TE last year and the Broncos had 101 in 2013 but just 63 in 2014 due to Julius Thomas being injured. Just some food for thought.

Both with Martellus Bennett and Julius Thomas you had the Cameron type guy, i think he needs someone with those skills to fully run his offense. I think he also needs a blocker type, so if we carry two i think we can do better than Sims in the last category, but if we wanted to give up a little blocking ability for better receiving ability i think id stick with Sims. Hunter Henry and maybe OJ Howard are the only two i would consider for drafting as an offensive weapon this year, i think both are an upgrade over Sims both in blocking ability and receiving ability. You have some like Vannett, Bryce Williams ECU, Tyler Higbee WKU, Jake McGee UF, who all offer a hybrid blocker/receiver ability, but i think Sims is a more polished receiver than any of this bunch, and better blocker than some. Some of these guys will go in the later rounds though so they wouldnt be bad pickups. Have a feeling we carry 3 TE’s this coming year.

We’ll see. Sims is a solid depth TE and I would look to add players, not replace everyone. Sometimes that just becomes a merry-go-round.

I think too many of us focus on the salary cap too often. Let’s see what happens because you have to know all the clauses in these contracts. Gase may really want Cameron because he has a different philosophy on offense and may feel he can be very productive in his offense.

We could clear 30mil salary cap without touching Cameron’s salary, and i think Gase could utilize him to his fullest potential.

Zac Taylor, the Dolphins’ quarterback coach, has already moved on, joining the University of Cincinnati as the Bearcats’ offensive coordinator. And receiver coach Phil McGeoghan left the Dolphins to take the same position at East Carolina.

Dolphins offensive line coach John Benton has interviewed for the same position with the Indianapolis Colts.

Really didnt like what i saw with Jevon Kearse last night. he didnt play the run especially well and he got burnt a couple times i saw, one on a TD pass to Howard. McKenzie Alexander was hurt most the game so didnt really get to eval him, but unfortuantely the other guy i was pretty excited to see play, Tankersly, also didnt have a great game. Both the Alabama OT’s looked pretty bad.

For the good though Shaq Lawson, even hurt looked like a beast. Did nothing but solidify my belief in him. Reggie Ragland looked pretty decent, but i think Reuben Foster looked better, with exception of a couple plays, he also looked fucking spectacular in coverage as he was like 30 yards down field with tight coverage on a WR on one play and got a PD, was pretty shocked by that one. I saw him a couple other times in coverage and it always was pretty tight, one was a little too tight and got a PI, good position on the guy, just a little too handsy. Derrek Henry showed why he won the Heisman. Turned a lot of nothing there plays into 4-5 yard gains, as well as breaking away on a few.

I didn’t watch every play last night but caught a good amount of the game and I didn’t see Kearse really do anything. Lawson looks like a player, powerfully built looking DE. The same with Dodd who may or may not come out. Ragland is pretty versatile. I was also impressed by Foster.

Kevin Dodd was a surprise player of the night, probably deserves more consideration if he enters the draft. Hunter Renfrow looks liek the next Wes Welker/Julian Edelman, get ready Patriots (although im guessing they draft MacCaffery) Kenyan Drake i have always known was a homerun kinda back, just seems a little fragile. Might be a later round Miller replacement, if things dont work out resigning him. DJ Reader, DT from Clemson wasnt too shabby, made a couple decent plays.

Dodd’s numbers were almost exactly the same as Lawson this season.

Renfrow won’t be for a few years, he’s a freshman.

I don’t think its a great draft for TEs
    I don’t see any in the first 2 rounds worth really considering

This is CBS’s list
    I tend to like CBS sportsline for rankings of prospects

The AK prospect is reportedly the best prospect

I thought the Clemson TE looked pretty goo last night

I just don’t see a whole lot of 6’6+ guys available this year

I think we would probably be better equipped to compete next year if we focused on Defense and then OL before looking to TE or any other skill positions

I would probably cut Cameron
    let him test the open market
    and then resign him for a cost effective price or look to a low cost vet
    maybe we can just renegotiate with him

there are usually decent vets out there at TE

we aren’t going to find a game changer at TE in the 2016 offseason

I’m disappointed that we have to keep stills but have to let mathews leave. I like mathews a lot more than stills.

I don’t view one over the other. One is signed for 5th rd money through 2016 and the other is a UFA. We need competition at #3, 4 sand 5 WR anyway which isn’t hard to do. There are tons of WRs out there.

Still is a better weapon than Matthews IMO

Matthews has the advantage of working with Tanny (and vice versa) since we was drafted
      give Stills 3 years with Tanny and see what happens

Matthews did less in his first year than Stills did

Tim, D

I see more of Zach Miller in Cameron than I see Martellus Bennett. I think Jordan would be a good complimentary TE, a #2, while you have you in line blocking TE who can catch some too.

I think Cameron could be just that with Sims. I’m not going to get too crazy with evaluations based on this season. Our offense was a fuck up.

Fair enough. I think Cameron is going to be expensive though, about $9M, so unless we think he’s the shit, we might look elsewhere. Jermaine Gresham, Coby Fleenah, Ladarius Green, Ben Watson, Dwayne Allen and Marcedes Lewis all are FA’s

Your score is: 6828 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 13 (PHI): Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (A)
    Round 1 Pick 18 (IND): Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (B-)
    Round 3 Pick 8: Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (A)
    Round 3 Pick 13 (PHI): Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 21 (WASH): Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona (C+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 8: Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Jordan Walsh, OG, Iowa (B+)
    Round 7 Pick 8: Tyler Marz, OT, Wisconsin (B-)

I really wanted to do a draft pairing 2 LBs I like a lot

Myles Jack + Scooby (dooby-doo) Wright

So I traded up and down
      and appearently 1st pick doesn’t rate Scooby very high
      Landing Oakman in the 3rd and Lawson in the 5th is ridiculous
      I’m guessing those guys are 2nd rounders

this draft was about the 2 LBs for me
      1 that’s great in coverage
      and one that is a nasty gritty tackling machine in Scooby Doo!

I wouldn’t mind going LB, DB, LB in the 1st 3 rounds
      I have my eye on guys like Scooby, Matkovich and D’s favorite Beckwith in day 2

Piggy drafting another player coming off of a serious injury in the 1st rd. That’s the Dolphins way. LOL

I know

but if you are going to look at LB early
        Jack and Smith are both coming off injuries

those 2 guys are game changing type of players
        and big school guys
        if they are healthy
        they should make an immediate impact

BTW I happen to think not getting Parker involved a little earlier than he was this season was not so much injury as it was our coaches being pansies

Boulder, again re-signing Matthews has nothing to do with Stills.

Scooby Wright
    being my kind of player

Would be fun to watch with Suh and wright giving this defense a nasty streak

Piggy, I don’t think I would draft an injured guy at #8. Who are we to take chances? It’s like we’re a perennial winner who can take that kind of chance.

There are always good LBs in every draft and there is FA.

well I traded down
      and we had 2 first rounders…lol

I think in the first round we need a difference maker on defense
      Jalen Ramsey is my preference
      but I think Jack and smith as LBs are right there

when it comes to injury
      I think you have to evaluate what the story is along the way – especially at the combine
      does the guy participate at the combine or in a pro day?

Piggy, not sure why you think a guy coming off a foot injury all offseason wasn’t played because the coaches were pansies. If you remember he did play early on and then was shut down again.

He was ready much earlier than he played
      He barely played early

I can say the same thing for Dion Jordan

I really think these coaches were way too cautious with young players

January 12, 2016 at 12:08 pm (Edit)

Oakman at 6-9 would worry me. Not many guys playing in the league at 6-9.
    *******************
    He’s a monster
    I don’t think too much size is a detriment
    he’s not exactly a slender built guy who is going to be pushed around
    I do question his ability to pay in the NFL though
    He probably would have been a 1sdt rounder last year
    but this year – if you watched Baylor, it didn’t seem like there was much of a pass rush at all

of course that high paced offense doesn’t help

Oregon DE’s kind of fit under the same class
    They had some big DEs that didn’t always play like beats
    but there DE are being highly touted

There are no perfect prospects
    A lot have dealt with injuries in college at one point

we’ve sort of characterized this team as drafting injured
    but I think you be surprised how many guys who dealt with injuries as in college at some level were drafted and were productive

Other times guys are healthy in college and are set back by an injury early in their careers – for example Kevin White last year

Both LBs are coming off of season ending knee injuries. Smith probably won’t be ready the entire season, he just did it a couple of weeks ago. I like both prospects but I would probably pass if it was my call. Remember Stephen Ross expects many many super bowls. LOL

Round 1 Pick 9 (T.B.): Jalen Ramsey, CB/FS, Florida State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 9 (T.B.): Vadal Alexander, OG/OT, LSU (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11 (CHI): Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU (B)
    Round 2 Pick 18 (IND): Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama (A)
    Round 4 Pick 8: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, OLB, Tennessee (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 8: Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (A)
    Round 7 Pick 6: Demarcus Robinson, WR, Florida (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 8: Jake McGee, TE, Florida (B-)

Trade back, trade up. Somehow i missed when they took Bullard as he was there when i picked 11th and tried to trade up for him, then when i get them to accept my trade he is off the fucking board lol. Still not a bad draft.

January 12, 2016 at 12:23 pm (Edit)

He re-injured/aggravated the foot. Look at his game log.
    ************
    I remember him reinjuring his foot

the fact is – they barely played him when he was healthy for part of the season
    they waited way too long to get him on the filed

He really didn’t play until after Matthews was injured
    That wasn;t b/c Parker was injured – it was bc Matthews was injured
    that is bc coaches assessed that Matthews was higher on a depth chart
    the coaches held Parker back, he was ready and able to play before he replaced Matthews

Okay I remember it differently. Parker was involved early then he was gone for many weeks. Think about how many young players have played the last couple of years before saying we don’t play young players. I’ve never understood those comments because it’s not accurate.

I remember him making appearances, but played much. I do think it was primarily because he was still feeling discomfort in his foot, which finally settled out some late in the season.

but didnt play much.

I don’t think it was a midseason reinjury
        It was an offseason reinjury
        His screw had to be replaced I think
        Don’t you remember the sweet screw bit I did

And D is right
        I think there was some discomfort early

but there was a point this season when he was healthy and ready to go and the coaches just failed to get him on the field

part of his slow start was injury
        but part of it was a coaches decision

it wasn;t until the Matthews injury when we really started to see Parker

Day 1 i would prefer us have a CB or FS, and id really hope its Hargreaves or Ramsey. Day 2 im hoping for a DE/ILB or to complement to the CS/FS we took in day 1. Draft seems best at round 2 this year, though 3 looks pretty solid too. Deep talent pool, but 2-3 seem thick with start right away talent.

I think a DB in the 1st round is a good idea

but I am kind of getting iffy about Hargraves and Mackenzie Alexander
      Fuller is an interesting option – but he is probably not a top 10 pick

Ramsey may be off the board when we pick

I also kind of like the idea of 2 new LBs behind Suh and Phillips

a Smith/Jack and Matkovich/Beckwith/Scooby Wright combo behind our very good DTs (Suh and Phillips) might really help us be a top notch defense immediately
      IMO that’s our future
      getting guys behind the DTs who can make plays for us
      but I include DBs as a part of that mix

So did they ever make it official to hire cousin Lance as the DC? I’m still holding out hope for a veteran guy.

Piggy, not all young players are ready to play significant snaps either. There seems to be this theme regardless of what these guys show in practice they should just play anyway. That’s not how it works. You practice well you play, you don’t practice well you don’t play. That’s the way it is for every team.

• sb7mvp says:

That’s how it could work. Plenty of teams do it.

We’ve been one of them. I can mention a boatload of rookies and 2nd year players who have played a lot the last few years. I’ve done it before and everyone either ignores it or says they played by default. It’s never accepted as a reality. LOL

I just named a few

Its the coaches who at the end of the day identify who performed well in practice

if a coach looks at a DE and say he doesn’t do a good job setting the edge yet – but he is a beast as a pass rusher
        so I’m going with the guy who sets the edge
        and I will worjk the pass rusher in slowly
        then the coach makes a choice

at some point the coaches choices can be a bit too conservative

and that was Philbin most of the time in Miami

I think some of the things we have come to discus as injury issues with players like Parker, Dion Jordan and even guys like Taylor have been more about coaches decisions not to play them

Well

there are teams that do a much better job of drafting players and getting productivity out of them than we have done

The Packers, Steelers and the Bengals come to mind

and part of that is actually playing young players

I don’t think the Steelers have a very good defense
      but all 4 of their LBs are first round picks
      and 3 of 4 of them were drafted in the last three years (Dupree, Shazier and Jarvis Jones)
      They don’t keep these guys waiting
      they deal with young mistakes and balance that with game changing plays

There are definitely different philosophies by coaches of when to play young players or not
      and some coaches are a lot more cautious than others
      I firmly believed that Philbin was way too cautious with young players
      and it was a detriment to our team

I am basically throwing the things that occurred this season at Philbin’s feet as well
      since he was in control through the first month of the season

In this day and age when you have a few vet big contracts paired with rookie contracts
      you need to get production out of your draftees

Also I note that all of those Pitt LBs went to pretty big schools (OSU, FSU for Timmons, Georgia and Kentucky)
      so the transition was a little easier

I think I fault the coaching style more than you do on this issue
      I don’t think injuries have been as big as a factor as others have made it to be

its just queasiness by coaches ion taking risks
      and Philbin was never thought of as queasy

Brrrrr…..it’s cold and snowing here. 😦

The weather has been really weird. Sunday it was 60 then Monday 30+ and today maybe 40 something. We’ve had frost and sleet but no snow yet.

I agree with D
    R1 CB/S
    R2 DE/LB
    R3 LB/DE
    R4 OT/TE/C
    R5 C/TE/OT
    R6 TE/C/OT
    R7 LB/DB
    R7 DB/LB/RB

It would have been Different without Smiths injury and King opting to stay another year!

I like 3 LBs in the draft

but what if we really landed a real blue chip LB in the first round
      that really changes things for our defense

to me Jalen Ransey is a blue chip safety
      but I’m not sure Hargraves or Alexander are that much better than a Fuller
      I’m not seeing the CBs as blue chip shut down CBs right now

January 12, 2016 at 12:51 pm (Edit)

*************
    its more cumulative over the years
    bc its harder and harder when you get into day 2 and day 3 to find starters

But take a look at my Pitt example
    Bud Dupree is starting and has been starting

Pitt’s future are those LBs
    Dupree, Shazier and Jones

drafting productive players like that allows them to spend big $ on a rothlisberger to keep him

and there willingness to play those guys is paying off

coaches have to let rookies make mistakes sometimes
    and I think Philbin was much to conservative to take those risks

Parker and date I say fuckface Dion Jordan probably should have been on the filed a lot sooner

Piggy pretty much summed it up for me. Sparano was like that as well.

All coaches have different philosophies on the subject
      so coaches differ

but I think being cautious with young players is probably a relic of the old NFL pre-new CBA

It seems to me like you need your draftees on the field now
      the balance of the salary cap is not spread evenly

you have expensive vets, cheaper ones and cheap rookie contracts
      so you need rookie contracts on the field playing

and that is the modern day NFL economy

and I do no think Philbin appreciated that

D says:
    January 12, 2016 at 11:24 am

hopefully that ‘fullest potential’ includes the ability to get open

I don’t really think we know the answer to whether Cameron was a one hit wonder with the Browns or not

so there is some risk in keeping him

Piggy
    Who are your Blue Chip LB’s other than Jack and Smith?

That’s basically it….lol

I’m not really big on Ragland right now
      but he would probably be #3

seems to me wie should go OLB early and ILB a little later in the draft
      and nab 2 LBs

[video src="https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CYhM94RWEAAtGiP.mp4" /]

45. Meg Shaw says:

Re-Post
    It did work but it wasnt showing up when I posted. Yes its Howie. My good PC took a crap so I figured out this old one but dont have no password or E-Mail on here that works.
    I finally figured out the young lady’s facebook so its good enough for me

wyoming85 says:

January 12, 2016 at 1:58 pm (Edit)

Healthy Scoobie is in that conversation!
    Maybe Darron Lee, Ohio Sate

Scoobie is my new favorite
    but he is not a 1st rounder

I think if he stays healthy Scooby goes in the first!

if you play first pick
        they have him as a day 3 pick

on CBS he is 2-3 rounder
        I don’t think he is going 1st
        but I do love the way he plays
        So I can see GMs falling in love with the guy

8: R1P8CB VERNON HARGREAVES III, FLORIDA
    38: R2P7 DE SHILIQUE CALHOUN, MICHIGAN STATE
    69: R3P6 FS JALEN MILLS, LSU
    100: R4P5 OT KYLE MURPHY, STANFORD
    135: R5P8 ILB CASSANOVA MCKINZY, AUBURN
    164: R6P7CB BRIEAN BODDY-CALHOUN, MINNESOTA
    195: R7P6 QB BRANDON DOUGHTY, WESTERN KENTUCKY
    197: R7P8 DE JASON FANAIKA, UTAH

I don’t think you can make a draft order based on need just yet.

piggy

i wasnt impressed at all with cameron. but then again other then landry and a lil bit of showing by parker there was nothing at all to be impressed with regarding the passing game. and yes, that includes the qb

Piggy
    I meant if he had stayed healthy this year!
    If this year would have been anything like the last year he would have been in the first!

Scooby Dooby Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Herd has been on pins and needles all week! 😉

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 5m5 minutes ago
    Your Cheerleader of the Week is @MDC_Danica! Visit http://dolphinscheerleaders.com for more photos and videos!

One thought when evaluating some of our players. Many people here have been bashing the coaching and the systems so to then question if this guy is good or not, example Cameron, is kind of unfair.

tim

watching a player that is never open has nothing to do with the coaching

Okay but I don’t know who that player is.

I tend to think
      when the design of your offense emphasizes using the bounderies to the extent that Lazor’s offense did
      You are taking the TE out of the offense

No a whole lot of teams run a TE screen (although I saw the Bengals do it on sunday

We were really using the middle of the field much – and that way by design
      That is the Oregon/Chip Kelly/Bill Lazor style of offense

YOUR TEAM
    MIAMI DOLPHINS
    YOUR PICKS
    1: R1P8 CB VERNON HARGREAVES III FLORIDA
    2: R2P7 DE JONATHAN BULLARD FLORIDA
    3: R3P6 OG JOSHUA GARNETT STANFORD
    4: R4P5 ILB CASSANOVA MCKINZY AUBURN
    5: R5P8 FS JORDAN LOMAX IOWA
    6: R6P7 WR MALCOLM MITCHELL GEORGIA
    7: R7P6 OG JORDAN WALSH IOWA
    8: R7P8 DT QUINTON JEFFERSON MARYLAND

Keep Cameron, I want to see what he can do in the Gaser offense.
    Look for a late round or UDFA TE prospect to compete/groom for seam threat duty in case Cameron gets hurt again also.

Penn St. Kyle Carter & SFla TE Sean Price are 2 I’d have my eye on….or a couple of SEC boys, Gator’s TE Jake McGee, who broke his leg early in his senior year, so ue’s under the radar a bit.
    Also Vandy’s TE Scheu.
    Keep Cameron he still has this year on his contract. No need to draft a TE early at all. A few good prospects in this class will still be on the board late & UDFA.

tim

i was talking about cameron. i just wasnt impressed with him at all. but like i told piggy other then landry and parker for a few games nothing about the passing game was impressive

Rock

was that first pick or the other site?

I know that Safety is not really considered a first round position but if Ramsey is available I take him before Hargreaves!

me too
      And to me
      Ramsey is one of the special players in this draft
      I’m actually relaying on safety not being prioritized to have him drop to 8

FFRob

I think the use of the TE, more than any other position (except maybe RB) was the most Affected by the style of offense we ran

We really did not use the middle of the field much

And if our safeties were Rashad Jones and Ramsey
    paired with Suh and Phillips up front
    and adding another LB (Scooby Doo?)
    Look out NFL!

This isn’t a mock
    but what if our 3 picks were
    1. Ramsey
    2, Myles Jack (based on dropping due to injury)
    3. Scooby Doo!

My head would explode

Woohoo!
    Now we got a defense

Tim or Mike, you guys close to Point Pleasant?

January 12, 2016 at 1:27 pm
    I like 3 LBs in the draft

but what if we really landed a real blue chip LB in the first round
    that really changes things for our defense

to me Jalen Ransey is a blue chip safety
    but I’m not sure Hargraves or Alexander are that much better than a Fuller
    I’m not seeing the CBs as blue chip shut down CBs right now
    ————————————-
    Problem with Fuller is that no one knows what condition he is in. He never returned to the field after his injury, so you have to take that into consideration when potentially drafting him at 8. I would be ok with Ramsey at 8, but prefer a CB over a FS and im not at all concerned with Hargreaves, he has multiple years track record showing his skills. He didnt have the stats this year but thats because most people threw away from him, he is still to me the best cover corner in CFB

Rock

What I am hearing is that most scouts project Ramsey as a safety not as a CB

he played both positions at FSU

Howling Pig avatar READY!

THEY PICKED WHO?????????

I do save them all!
    I’m working on a pre draft day article that will Kill the internet!
    It will take FFR 3 hours to scroll past it to see if there is a BOTW at the end! 😉

Rockphin says:
    January 12, 2016 at 2:22 pm
    YOUR TEAM
    MIAMI DOLPHINS
    YOUR PICKS
    1: R1P8 CB VERNON HARGREAVES III FLORIDA
    2: R2P7 DE JONATHAN BULLARD FLORIDA
    3: R3P6 OG JOSHUA GARNETT STANFORD
    4: R4P5 ILB CASSANOVA MCKINZY AUBURN
    5: R5P8 FS JORDAN LOMAX IOWA
    6: R6P7 WR MALCOLM MITCHELL GEORGIA
    7: R7P6 OG JORDAN WALSH IOWA
    8: R7P8 DT QUINTON JEFFERSON MARYLAND
    —————————————————\
    Thats a really solid draft Rock. Hargreaves, Bullard, McKinzy are all guys i like a lot. I like Garnett im still just nervous about Stanford OL lol….., Walsh in R7 seems like a steal to me.

tim

i was just talking about the qb and wr’s. but there wasnt anything wrong with miller other then he would constantly get 40-50 yards in the 1st qtr and cause the coaches to bench him. he should know he cant do that till the game is out of hand and in the 4th qtr

Ramsey at S over CB is due to questionable speed right?

piggy

if it was the coaching that hindered cameron then ok. that none of us will ever really know. i obviously was just busing balls about him never being open. i can only go by what i saw but he seldom had any separation. if it was cause of scheme or talent i dont know

‘Look out NFL!’

uuugggggg, i hope we can be spared this all offseason. we already read ‘everything will be different’ for a whole offseason and we saw how that worked out

I wonder if Gase will have some input on FA LB’s he’s seen recently? The ILB’s in Denver Danny Trevathan or Chicago’s Shea McClellin, both are still young & have been productive.
    The BEars also have OLB Sam Acho who’s 27 & a UFA as well.

I took a shot at doing a “Randy” mock draft. LOL

MIAMI DOLPHINS
    Randy’s PICKS
    1: R1P8 QB CONNOR COOK MICHIGAN STATE
    2: R2P7 QB GUNNER KIEL CINCINNATI
    3: R3P6 QB BRANDON DOUGHTY WESTERN KENTUCKY
    4: R4P5 QB JOSHUA DOBBS TENNESSEE
    5: R5P8 OT JOE DAHL WASHINGTON STATE
    6: R6P7 OT HALAPOULIVAATI VAITAI TCU
    7: R7P6 G VI TEOFILO ARIZONA STATE
    8: R7P8 OT RYKER MATHEWS BRIGHAM YOUNG

wyo

i dont know dude. it has been a while with an ask mike. my finger is way out of shape. i may take more then 3 hours.

Hargreaves would be a nice pick if he falls to Miami. Need a shutdown type corner, cause Grimes might be out the door with his sideshow sidekick smut mouth sadie!

Jamar Taylor has 1 more year on his rookie contract. I’ve brought this up before, but I’d like to see a position switch for him to FS.
    Other clubs have done this with varying degrees of success.
    Redskins moved DeAngelo Hall to FS & he initially struggled but is now a play maker there & extending his career.

D, why are you still just nervous about Stanford OL?? Could it be because of:

I’m sure after reviewing film of the team Gase is going to point out pros and cons he sees at every position. That’s what he and Grier will be doing preparing for the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro Days and then FA. He’s the HC, he should have say in everything about the team

GD, what’s with the Point Pleasant question?

Kid from there is a senior TE @ Va Tech. Ryan Malleck. He’s certain to be an UDFA, likely won’t make a roster.

TE John Nalbone was from Monmouth which was very close to Pt. Pleasant so there’s that. LOL

January 12, 2016 at 12:55 pm (Edit)

I know, weather is crazy this year. I can deal with a little cold weather, even a little snow. What I don’t like is the extreme changes from warm to hell frozen over. I like to gradually transition from one season to the next.

The list of coaches being reported as being of interest to Gase is really starting to concern me!
    Vance Joseph
    Chris Foerster
    Shawn Jefferson
    Clint Hurtt
    Jerome Henderson

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

January 12, 2016 at 2:44 pm
    Ramsey at S over CB is due to questionable speed right?
    —————————————-
    Ramsey doesnt have good coverage speed, he seems more of a zone prospect due to his instincts and closing speed. He doesnt seem to match speed receivers on routes, he also seems to bite on double moves alot. He would be a liability in man to man on the outside.

Look at this man now, does that inspire you that our DL wont be a bunch of pussies!

Ya got to bring an experienced DC to Miami…IMO. No 1st timers paired with a 1st timer HC!!!

Gase saw what Wade Phillips is doing in Denver, & what Vic Fangio was trying to do in Chicago.

Get Schwartz in here or Mike Smith if he can’t get hired as a HC. I’d look at Leslie Frazier too.

Heck, I’d even get Mangini here as DC if they’re blowing things up in SF. He’d be an experienced voice for Gase. Build a once again dominant top 5 Defense in Miami & then Mangini can write his ticket for HC somewhere else in a couple of years. He’s only 44.

Also Chuck Pagano’s younger brother may get the boot in San Diego as they start over with a new HC.
    John Pagano is 48 & a well respected defensive mind.

So you want who, who, who, who and who?

I don’t know really…..some guys with experience? Guys who DON’T coach squads ranked 22-31 in the league? A Line coach who didn’t previously coach the worst offensive line in Miami history (before the last 3-4 years)? and had Olines in the bottom third of the league his whole career?
    A D-line coach that wasn’t involved in the biggest scandal in UofM’s history? You know guys who are worth a shit!?

Then read above.

I don’t see it as that cut and dry. It’s not like these guys have only coached a year. Rankings are tough to grade for asst. coaches, they only coach their position group, they don’t call plays. Personnel matters too. Dom Capers and Mike Nolan were both vet coaches with good reps and neither did well in Miami.

But you go with an experienced play caller as DC! I’ve mentioned this till I’m blue in the face. Especially if you have a rookie HC.

Philbin was a rookie HC & hired rookie DC Coyle. Get me an experienced DC that has played chess against some of the best offensive play callers!

GD, I’m not against a vet DC but I don’t think that’s the end all. I don’t think you can compare everything to Philbin and his staff and where they came from. Already people are saying I’m tired of the Bengals connection. Like that means anything. LOL

Not really comparing to Philbin’s staff. Just saying it’s too many rookies at the crucial spots on the staff.
      I haven’t seen many cases if at all where it’s worked like that around the league.

Even an experienced HC like Kubiack brought in experienced tried & true coordinator on the side of the ball he’s not the type of coach of.

The San Jose Mercury News reports the 49ers are no longer in the running for Bengals OC Hue Jackson.
    ________________
    Ha, so all that crap about Jackson a done deal in SF, so we better hurry & hire Gase because we won’t be getting to interview Hue….smh

GDP

Why did you ask about Pt. Pleasant?

GD, that’s too far for me, I only go to Albanian ones that are closer. LOL

GDP

Seriously, what about Pt. Pleasant?

He’s was looking to order a monkey from a ranch there.

Mike, if you scrolled back far enough to see that question, then you would’ve seen my answer to it for Tim.
      Get some glasses will ya! sheesh.

lol, it was a kid from there who’s a senior TE for Va Tech. But he isn’t too much of a prospect for now. Likely UDFA. Ryan Malleck, not to be confused with the other Ryan Mallett.

I take it Mike is still looking for his glasses or making a new pair. 😉

He could be headed to the LA Chargers as OC/Asst HC with McCoy.
      Honey we’re going to the opposite coast. Climb on my Great White with me & I’ll give you a ride.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 8m8 minutes ago
    Miami Dolphins cut offensive lineman Jason Fox http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article54326560.html

What do you think of the new coach now?

First move – Fire Fox!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

95. Al in MIA says:

Good afternoon everyone.

Two guys that impressed me in yesterday’s game:

Kevin Dodd DE Clemson & TE OJ Howard.

Get both in a Fins uniform ASAP LOL …. especially Howard

Howard had very little production in college but he does look the part.

• Al in MIA says:

Anyone who leaves DB in the dust whew…lol.
        Did you see his shoulder muscles when they showed them on TV?
        They looked like bowling balls

• Al in MIA says:

He would need to gain about 15 lbs to be able to block well in the NFL but he’s got the height and speed and agility.

96. Al in MIA says:

Wyo,
    That was expected…
    I’ll impressed when Gase finds a suitable replacement.
    I can’t help but to feel like a Browns fan these days.
    I expect Gase to be fired in 3 years.

Al, I think Clemson’s execution on that Howard play was bad though. I didn’t particularly enjoy the game. Some of it was solid. But it reminded me of why the NFL is shit these days.

Damn! We cut Fox??? I thought he was starting to get it. lol

He got worse it seemed.

It was the dumb ass first time head coach!
      He doesn’t know that Miami keeps the OL fuck-ups and lets the good ones walk!

He’ll get up to speed pretty soon don’t worry! 😉

He out foxed you if you thought he was starting to get it.
      The RT on Bama Jackson reminded me soooo much of Fox last nite….too funny. He was a turnstile & a penalty machine. But hey, they squeaked out the win.

Fox saves us $1.25M and the dead money is only 162,500K. Cha ching! LOL

Totally kidding. Fox was awful. What’s worse is we freaking needed to rely on him to start at both LT and RT. That can’t happen again. Well, something like that can’t happen again.

I know you were, you were worried about the OL all season. Now we know we’re not good enough for sure. If some of the young guards get better great, but I don’t think we can rely on any of them this year.

101. naplesfan2010 says:

I read somewhere that we are rotating the 8 ,9 ,10 ,11 picks with ties broken in reverse order of strength of schedule.

Since there were four 6-10 teams, but we had the easiest schedule, we are pick 8 in round 1 but pick 11 in round 2, 10 in round 3, 9 in round 4, then 8 again in 5. then it gets a bit weird for other reasons, but I think it is pick 10 in 6th round and both 6 and 8 in the 7th.

Anybody able to verify this? Of course the comp picks will push the overall number back later, but not our in-round pick number.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
    Dolphins hired former Bengals asst coach Vance Joseph as their defensive coordinator, per source.

See, we should’ve just layed down for the Pats. 😉

Al, why did the Pats lose their 2016 1st rd pick? I thought nobody did anything wrong and there wasn’t any evidence? LOL

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 31s31 seconds ago
    The Dolphins have also hired Bengals LB coach Matt Burke to be their LB coach.

The OD Update: 😀

Ross has spared no expense with his team. He’s paid more than $400 million out of pocket to renovate Sun Life Stadium, spent $114 million last season to sign star defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, and also put together a cutting-edge sports science program to help his players.

Ross’ passion and spending also leads to high expectations. The owner believes his hire of new head coach Adam Gase will be a turning point that will lead the organization to becoming an NFL powerhouse.

“I think in Adam Gase we have found that person that will lead us to many, many Super Bowls in the future,” Ross said. “I am not predicting this year. It will take time and so there is no big prediction here because I know what you guys want [me] to say. But I’ve got to tell you, I’m excited to have him.”

Ross had very high expectations in the past and it hasn’t worked out. When he hired former head coach Joe Philbin in 2012, Ross said he hoped he had found “the next Don Shula.”

Safety Cedric Thompson, a Dolphins fifth-round pick from Minnesota, has signed with New England’s practice squad instead of signing a futures contract with the Dolphins.

108. Meg Shaw says:

January 12, 2016 at 2:16 pm

This is Howie and who’s FB what?
    January 12, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Glad you made it here Meg….I mean Howie
    ===========================================
    Yes guys
    My password is not on this PC and the E-mail I have it under is not working either.
    I clicked on the little facebook logo and up popped the wifes daughters stuff so I posted and it worked. Well at least some time later when I found it did show up.
    I could have been on here weeks ago

It’s a Bengal Bromance?

That better?

getterdone says:
    January 12, 2016 at 4:09 pm

________________

hold on there. this is the miami dolphins, i am sure they can still interview jackson

January 12, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Damn! We cut Fox??? I thought he was starting to get it. lol

wow that sucks. i bet tanny is pissed. i always thought he was the best linemen at picking tanny up off his back. i would rewatch game film just to study fox’s technique of how to help your qb up.

Okay, catch up later folks.

CavalierKong says:
    January 12, 2016 at 5:38 pm

“It hurts when you put it there.”

looks more like……..why did you have to double knot the damn pants

January 12, 2016 at 5:42 pm

I hope he’s an aggressive coach.

tim wanst a coach that puts out on the first date

Tim, I heard Vance Joseph runs a mean prevent. 😀

I like vance joseph because he’s a buff 🙂 I think he played QB for the buffs in college.

118. Meg Shaw says:

I was here a couple weeks ago when you guys had a big conversation going about David Bowie.
    I wanted to post so bad about how I listen to my best of Bowie album like every other Saturday or so. and then yesterday morning when I first heard the news
    You know what I will be listening to this Saturday night.
    RIP
    David Bowie

He was good Meg. Lots of girls like you really loved his music. Let’s Dance got you up shaking your booty I bet?

119. Meg Shaw says:

I also heard of the new hire but had no comment 😉

January 12, 2016 at 5:04 pm
    Fox saves us $1.25M and the dead money is only 162,500K. Cha ching! LOL….

1.38M

getterdone says:
    January 12, 2016 at 5:35 pm
    —————————————
    Of course, there is more money being on a PS as an active player, vs a futures contract. He might be back, and he might not. I hate it because i really thought he might turn into something good, but im also not going to cry over losing a PS player.

Al, yeah i had those guys listed as my surprise players of the NC game. Dodd and Howard, and Rueben Foster who gets left out of discussions most of the time when discussing the LB’s at Alabama. They would all have my vote for best stock jumps from that game.

I think Kenyan Drake raised a few eyebrows too, though i already knew enough about him i wasnt really shocked to see that. He’s a solid RB, just has had a few injury issues in the recent past. Healthy, he is like Miller/Spiller similar backs. He can run between tackles, and has that homerun potential, good receiver. Completely overshadowed.

Vance Joseph was the guy Gase wanted, it was rumored right after he got the job with us that, that is who he wanted. Im glad to see we arent getting turned down, so despite it being my first choice im kinda happy with it.

I’d like to see if Vance & Burke make a push to sign FA LB Vincent Rey. He’s very solid, knows the system & is only 28. He could definitely play inside so Miami. Would work well behind Suh…IMO.

125. Meg Shaw says:

I wasnt even born yet 😦

• Meg Shaw says:

getterdone says:
      January 12, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Meet your new TE coach.
    Gee, he’s bound to toughen them up more than Mancampbell did.

Let it go. LOL

By the way, doesn’t New Age have the same avi?

My avie looks to the left. Newage’s looks to the right.

Once Camp rolls around I’ll go back to my boy Tanny! …or maybe Miller if we resign him. He really showed me something the past 2 seasons.

GD, I think Hewitt is the young LB who showed he’ll be challenging for a starting spot. He’ll likely look to get stronger and add some weight in the offseason.

The same with Vigil. I think if we retain Misi we should move him back inside until we find another MLB.

Yep, but maybe we can sign Vincent Rey to play the middle & dump Misi’s contract.
        Rey knows what Burke wants out of him. We’ll likely stay 4-3 since that is what Joseph has seen for several years now.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

hewitt will challenge jenkins for starting spot next year. Unless they both start.

BRIEFLY BACK ON THE BOARD. Just returned from the World’s Largest Coin Convention, which, this year, was down the road in Tampa. Since your’s truly is the President of the sponsoring organization, I was beyond busy. The show was a big success for both the state organization and for our company, too. But, man, I worked my buns off!!
    ————–
    Also had/have family issues to deal with (but don’t we all?). –Anyway, I hope to be back on the board this Saturday, hung over from celebrating my birthday Friday. Y’all stay warm or come down here to SOUTHERN F-L-A!!
    ————–
    BRIEF GASE VIEWPOINT: –Ross hired someone named “Philbin” who had success as O/C for a future HOF quarterback named Aaron Rodgers. He then FLOPPED MISERABLY IN MIAMI when his QB and O-Line were NOT HOF quality.

ADAM GASE flourished as an O/C when he had a future HOF quarterback named Peyton Manning. But he flopped miserably with Cutler in Chicago as the Bears finish LAST IN THE DIVISION THIS SEASON!! – – Now I AM NOT condemning the Gase selection before a single game has been played under his leadership. But it seems to me that both Gase and Philbin failed miserably with quarterbacks who, while not HOF quality, certainly weren’t the worst in the league, either.

OH WHAT THE FUCK AM I WORRIED ABOUT?? – – GASE was picked by Tannenbaum and approved by ROSS!!!! – – What more could you ask for your resume?? – – START drinking your Kool-Aid, Dolfans, and go ahead and make your Super Bowl hotel reservations for Super Bowl “LI.” — Or, is it, Super Bowl “LIE??”

Happy Birthday OD!!!

But Gase helped Cutler achieve his most efficient season ever so there’s that. Chicago also wasn’t a very good team but they got better as the season went on.

I think you and other fans are doing Gase a disservice comparing him to Philbin. Philbin is not the only first time HC who was a former OC. There’s McCarthy, Payton, Jay Gruden…

At least see how the guy coaches when we start playing games before we kill him. 🙂

Thanks for the nice wishes. But Ross and T-Baum have this nasty habit of picking LOSERS!! – – And Gase’s team finished DEAD LAST in their division, which is the object, right, “To win the game?” I’m not calling for GASE’s beheading, yet. But, NOT to your surprise, he’s got to “show me” he can win in this division with a “Middle of the Pack” QB and an AWFUL O-Line. My money says HE CAN’T DO IT! –hOPE i AM WRONG!!

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 1h1 hour ago
    #Dolphins staff moves in addition to DC Joseph
    LB coach – Matt Burke
    TEs – Shane Day
    OL coach – Chris Foerster
    WRs coach – Shawn Jefferson

OD, I think most of us here, myself included really wanted a previous HC, or just stick with Campbell if you’re going 1st timer again. The trick there was getting very solid accomplished experienced Coordinators on both sides of the ball to call plays.

Well, we got one maybe, on offense, the HC calling his own plays, Manning’s way…lol

On the otherside, meet Vance Joseph the former DBV coach. 🙄

Hope it works out, but I’m holding off on those Super Bowl reservations just yet. In fact, likely not going to pay to go see any games in 2016 either.

GDP: You know those Super-Expensive tix just behind the Dolphins’ bench?? ($1,000-$2,500 PER GAME PER TICKET AND UP), were mostly vacant during every home game this year?? –Opening Day at home vs. Buffalo, they were NEVER more than 1/3 filled. Ross said they were a “Sell-out.” Yet, for every game I attended, they were never even half full at ANY TIME!! Now I did miss both the Cowboys and Patriots’ games BUT, how big a boost did our players get by looking into the EMPTY SEATS right behind the player’s bench?? Seems like thousands of seats will be empty for the upcoming season, too!!

Most veteran coaches have never gotten to the SB either and very few get back later in their careers.

Why did the Broncos want to hire Joseph as their DC last year over Wade Phillips?

I haven’t heard anyone drinking the koolaid only Ross. I think all of us are wait and see, this past season took a lot out of us. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice…

An HC should be smart an innovative, don’t know what Gase will do, but he has the makeup to be a great coach, but I don’t see it happening for many yrs.

_______________________
      Sounds like Ross is drunk on the Kool Aid. Also says he’ll likely keep Gase on for at least 4 years no matter how bad things get. #willweeverbegreatagain

How many times?
      I think I’m on fool me 6 Shame on my dumb ass!

Captain Obvious!

Patrick Daugherty ‏@RotoPat 4h4 hours ago
    Per @PFF, Jason Fox struggled *a tad* after replacing Ja’Wuan James.

Im not a huge fan of the hires either tbh. I have no problem with Vance Joseph but Shane Day? Foerster has lots of experience but it has never translated into a good OL. His OLs have all been pretty bad to average for a long time. Shawn Jefferson doesn’t wow me either.

Sure, they could end up being good but nothing yet wows me here.

OD, I agree with you. Ross is increasingly having a hard time selling season tix. He’ll be leaning hard on the marketing program to come up with something for corporations that also can buy in some sponsorship advertising I’m sure.

I’m kinda shocked you’re still renewing season tix. You’re a loyal fan that can/should never be doubted!

Happy Belated Birthday OD!
    What, are ya up to the right old age of Shanahan’s 64 yet?

I remember you complained about him. Now with Gase, I bet ya wish Shanny was in Meami. 😀

On Shane Day. He’s coached a few positions and the last two years he was the Redskins asst. OL coach. If you’ve watched the Redskins recently, they also run a ZBS cutback scheme in the run game. He learned there for two years under… wait for it… Chris Foerster in 2014 and Bill Callahan in 2015.

Chris Foerster is our new OL coach. Day moves to TEs. There is some familiarity there and that’s important. Foerster has been an OL coach for years.

Day scares the shit out of me. I know he must scare the players too. That freaky Jeffrey Dahmer lookin MoFo!

Oy! There’s a lot of not so handsome coaches out there, bro. I’m starting to wonder about your fixation on looks. LOL

Happy Birthday OD!!! Many more my happy ones my friend!

GDP

No offense, but our TE’s kinda sucked this year, wouldn’t you say? Mancampbell sure didn’t make them any better

He was too busy being HC for 12 games Mike and who could over come the horrible system/play calling that Lazor did & left in place?

TIM; TO the best of my knowledge, ROSS NEVER CONSIDERED hiring a head coach who had a winning record last year. Their were SEVERAL big time college coaches (foremost in my mind were Baylor’s Art Briles and the head coach from Ole Miss (just forgot his name)–NEITHER OF WHOM received ANY INTEREST from loser Tannenbaum as he went about picking the next HC.–Again, NOT SAYING those guys were the best options, just sayin’ head coaches from winning programs (see DON SHULA’s record in Baltimore) are a better risk in my view than a) coaches with little/no succes as HC or coaches from losing programs. FACT IS many coaches have turned down ROSS in the past. And, for all we know, a few may have told him “No Thanks” this time, too! THIS FRANCHISE has been a career wrecker under Steve Ross. IT IS TOXIC under Tannenbaum. Virtually ALL OF US wanted Ross to “Clean House!” But this football dumb ass just DOES NOT GET IT!!! THAT’S because he STILL listens to King Carl and T-Baum, BOTH of whom have PROVEN they can destroy this franchise!! WHY Ross keeps these PROVEN LOSERS on the payroll is BEYOND ME!!

OD,
      The way some of the quotes read,I think Ross even stepped on Tbomb’s toes.
      Ross said that Gase was someone he wanted even before the coaching searches & interviews could take place.
      Very odd, especially after they previously told the media that there would be a very thorough HC search to make sure they get the right guy, no stone un turned kinda thing….Then boom, they hire Gase without even interviewing Hue Jackson & some others…..Very peculiar to me.
      Ross said he has learned from the past. Guess he called the shots this time right out of the gate for a HC.

Mike E and GDP; Thanx for the B’day wishes! –And, yes, I DO PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS when it comes to Fins’ season tix. However, some of “My Boyz” have absolutely had it with ROSS AND TANNENBAUM. Some of them will NOT be renewing next year, partly because people with 1-2 years as ticket holders were given preference for seating location over those with 49/50 years as loyal ticket buyers. The guy sitting in front of my brother-in-law has only had tix for 2 YEARS!! –My brother-in-law (50 years, only missed 3 total home games ever played) was told by the ticket office that this guy “had tickets LONGER than my brother-in-law–WHICH IS AN OUTRAGEOUS LIE!!) — STEVE ROSS has rhetorically FUCKED MORE PEOPLE THAN WILT CHAMBERLAIN!! And he wonders why so many Dolfans hate him!!!! – – THIS is exactly out of King Carl’s operator’s manual. Peterson reamed Chiefs’ ticket holders for over a decade before the Hunt family fired him over 20 years ago!!

Foerster has never had a top 7 OL after all these years. In fact, most of his OLs have ended in the 20s in the rating systems. I know that doesn’t mean a ton but it’s not like he’s some highly regarded steal. Day just doesn’t have a lot of experience in coaching and looks like the guy learning on the job. I want the players learning on the job, not the guys teaching them.

Once again, young coaches don’t have that long list of connections which really hinder their ability to get a staff. He’s the youngest by a decent margin.

OD happy birthday!

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
    Dolphins at the LA Rams. Dolphins at the LA Chargers. Nine days in SoCal in 2016!

144. naplesfan2010 says:

A former NFL cornerback, Vance Joseph brings 11 years of experience coaching defensive backs at the NFL level. He spent the past two seasons (2014-15) as the defensive backs coach for the Cincinnati Bengals, where he helped the team lead the league with 41 interceptions and limit opposing passers to the lowest passer rating (77.4) in the NFL during those two seasons. During Joseph’s tenure in Cincinnati, the Bengals were the only team to have more interceptions (41) than passing touchdowns allowed (36). Cincinnati also led the league in interception percentage (3.3 percent) and touchdown percentage (2.9) and ranked fifth in fewest yards allowed per attempt (6.60) during that span. In 2015, the Bengals ranked second in the league in fewest points allowed, surrendering just 17.4 points per contest. The defense intercepted 21 passes, the third-best mark in the league.

As the defensive backs coach for the Houston Texans from 2011-13, Joseph helped make major improvement to Houston’s secondary. He inherited the NFL’s worst pass defense (267.5 yards allowed per game) and, in one season, improved the unit to No. 3 (189.7 yards allowed per game) in the NFL. The Texans led the league in opponent completion percentage (51.9) by nearly two points and were second in opponent passer rating (69.0).

Happy birthday OD!

29 this year right?

‘And Gase’s team finished DEAD LAST in their division, which is the object, right’

i agree dammit. why couldnt ross and company hire one of those coaches that won their division. btw, i guess there was no reason to keep campbell since it is apparently the OC that runs the team

OD, you speculate about a lot of stuff and maybe you’re right but we all know you don’t like Ross so there is always that in your commentary. If Gase and staff doesn’t pan out you can say I told you so. But I don’t wake up in the morning saying they’re going to suck just because Ross and Tannenbaum hired them. I prefer to see how they coach in games as a staff before evaluating them which I feel is a very logical way of approaching it. Not all this nitpicking and going up and down the ladder of coaching positions and attributing stats to them without really knowing the personnel, game situations, opponent etc.

In the name of trying to put all these new coaches down, I see a lot of fans fabricating things and now bringing how a guy looks into the picture. LOL

We know very little about what these guys are capable of as a staff and some are in new roles. How do you think the good young coaches become the next good HCs and coordinators? They get those opportunities at some point.

People reaching for coaches they know and wished we hired shows you right there how little anyone knows about our new coaches even though they’ve all been coaching for years, some a decade or more.

Being that we have no choice in what happens here, how about we take a wait and see approach before we knock everyone. So much has to happen first. The roster has begun to churn already at lower tiers, then there is FA and the draft. Then they start coaching and putting systems and game plans into place. We’re so far off of what is being built why blow it up before you ever saw it? LOL

I guess the gist of my rant is there is a lot of bias here on a lot of fronts instead of having an open mind. What if you’re wrong you end up in some kind of asylum? No we just do it again in 3-4 years. LOL

By the way there was no big time HC and staff available this year. Most people here didn’t even like Mike Smith who has had the most recent success. So who else, Doug Marrone who had 2 years HC experience on the NFL level and a 15-17 record?

It wouldn’t surprise me if Gase ended up elsewhere else and in two years had his team in the playoffs and Ross was then getting bashed by us for not hiring the new bright mind in coaching. LOL

That’s kind of what goes on here. 🙂

Yes, they’ve both explained it for years. But Dolphin fans also want to control who Miami Dolphins owners and others within the org associate with. I mean this is America right? You want someone telling you who to associate with? That sounds like some micro-managed social experiment to me. You don’t like who Ross is friends with, he probably doesn’t care. LOL

so we have the presidents state of the union address tonight.

here, let me give you all the state of the union. unless one of you fuckers hits the lotto, you have to get your ass up and go to work like you do workday. and the next day and next day and next day

I don’t know if the 8th pick is the first pick among teams with the same record

But if it is
    Then in round 2 we are 9
    And in round 3 we are 10

And so on and so on

You rotating down, unless you are in the back

So if you pick first among teams with the best record
    And 3 or more teams have that record
    You get a real adavantage

Homeraide get your ice cold homeraide heeeeeeyaaraah

Our new defensive coordinator’s defense last year gave up 18 TDs but had 21 interceptions.

our secondary gave up 31 passing TD’s and only had 13 interceptions. Cincy gave up a lot of yards but not too many TD’s

I cannot say that is because of scheme or play calling or coaching or quality of players or luck or what. but it is a stat and can be sipped as Homeraide…..(trying to turn over the leaf again. But it’s hard)

He was the DBs coach, not the DC. So now he’s the main man. See what I’m saying? Climbing down the ladder. LOL

I didn’t say he was a DC I said OUR DC (I know he was a position coach.) but I assume he will bring the defense he knows, but then again, that’s an assumption. Who am I to say Gase won’t say “no this is the defense you will install” Doubtful but within his power as HC.

My fortune cookie says “it more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others”

Whomever wrote that is a real fuckface
    And I say that effortlessly

Tim, we all get your valid points….just having some sarcastic fun here. It’s what fans of losing franchises do. Otherwise you’ll end up in jail, rehab, or the graveyard…lol

Dude, it’s been going on for a week and it is below what you guys are as IQ football fans. I am calling you guys out, it’s very sophomoric stuff even when discussing it seriously. Mock mock mock, I personally don’t find it entertaining after a few hours. If this is the way the blog was when I first joined back whenever, I would not have lasted here and would have moved on. I can’t take all the made up crap. I feel like I’m just getting up to speed with the internet in 1995 and I’m in an AOL chatroom checking what it’s all about and reading stuff that has no substance.

I apologize if I’m coming off as arrogant and abrasive, I am, I’m just finding myself not being able to have a legit discussion about what’s happening without constant mockery of every move made and new coach added to the team. Do you really know these new coaches?

Then again it’s a free country and we should be able to associate with whomever we choose. 😉

BESIDES TIM I’M TRYING TO SIP THE KOOLAIDE!

I wonder if joseph will wanna keep grimes. He just needs to watch the bills game a couple of times and see what watkins did to him.

I posted a list last night of all of our high salary capped players and what their dead money was. I don’t see many from that list that should be on the team in 2016, because of our cap situation. Grimes was one of them.

tim

that was my point about the state of the union is we all have to go to work tomorrow. it really has no effect on our daily lives. half the shit the pres talks about and says is in place has no effect on any of us

getterdone says:
    January 12, 2016 at 9:46 pm

and all of it is 99% pure horse dung for the hungry sheeple. 😉

yep, i mean i just found out that thru his administration they made it easier thru the internet for people to start there own small business. hmmmmmm who would have thunk it.

But if it is
    Then in round 2 we are 9
    And in round 3 we are 10

yeah but they got that meaningless win against the pats. boy doesnt that feel good now.

It probably didn’t crush us

I hate the patriots
      Philosophically I hate losing games for draft position

In the first round the difference in a few spots is huge
      But when you get into the draft after day 1 it matters less and less
      You just need those 2nd or 3rd rounders

It’s doesn’t matter if it’s the 50th pick or the 59th pick
      You will probably get your guy
      You just have to make sure you were right about your guy

We traded down in the 2nd round last season to get multiple 4th round picks
      And I be we had Phillips targeted

So I think what really matters is whether we lose out on a guy because he goes a little earlier than 8

who the fuck invited kim davis to the state of the union address. if that right there doesnt tell you the busine….crooked business of politics. she is told to do her job and she basically says no i am not going to and she is rewarded for it.

getterdone says:
    January 12, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Maybe we’ll get lucky and hear more from that tool Sean Penn….LMAO! sheesh

??????????????? not sure the comparison of sean penn to that fat disgusting whore

fat disgusting whore cause she followed her conscious in her religious beliefs like so many other employees do with their various religious practices across the US???

No connection to Sean Penn, just disgusted by his antics of siding with & hanging out with dictators, communists, & now drug lords. Go live in their country Sean if the US is so bad compared to them….smh.

tim

i am with you on the constant questioning of this new regime. not a person here knows where this is going so the already ‘opie’ comments or calling them out as bad decisions i just dont get.

however, that all in good fun ball busting i am all for. and i think it is easy to read in-between the lines about the ones just having fun and the ones already saying what bad decisions they are

We all get nuts here and go off track and say crazy things, but when the new coaching staff is coming together live, can it ever get serious? That’s my issue. Factual stuff is overtaken by fluff with speculation and criticism that isn’t really founded. I might as well stare at garbage. It’s not legit stuff moving forward – we threw it out. LOL

It’s not one comment, it’s a lot of them. What HC and staff name by name would have made everyone sleep better? This should be fun. LOL

Rock, I’m in wait and see mode. I haven’t once said Gase is great and his staff will be kick ass because I have no idea. The guy was a highly touted young coach in NFL circles though. He wasn’t just linked to us. Ross wanted Harbaugh who the big new college coach candidate in 2011 and he fucked it up. This time he cleaned house and started over and landed what this org deemed as the next new rising HC candidate. Still not good enough for some peeps. Let’s see how it pans out. It could be great, okay or a disaster. I’m not rooting for the latter. LOL

It’s just two sides of the coin. Some people may be disillusioned or just like to complain. It’s not like sunshine and lollipops has done anything to get this franchise back into decency. It’s also not like complaining has brought a 34 year old Shula back out of retirement.

All kinds of comparisons can be made and it’s all subjective. What has some validity is that he is young and he’s hiring mainly younger coaches. Their experience has some validity or experience in the job would hold no meaning. The level of meaning isn’t as strong in this profession or Shula wouldn’t have been such a hot commodity or lots of first timers wouldn’t be in the playoffs.

Agreed. We have just limited and mostly skewed info to go by with the media pundits and then our own instinctual thoughts molded by years of being arm chair QB’s. 😉

There is no sunshine and lollipops, not that I’ve seen. Everyone is on guard. I was pointing out how the excessive mocking has been over the top not really knowing much about who you’re mocking.

Again who should we have hired and who’s the staff?

I’m not a fan of some of the current 2nd guessing either

The fact is – we just don’t know

Gase is not an established guy
    But you know what – Bill Parcells was and that didn’t work it so well for us
    Nick Saban was really sought after
    And that didn’t work out

We really just don’t know

I will tell you that I am happy they targeted their guy and got him
    Instead of the Harbaugh situation or what we went through in the GM death 2 years ago (even though I liked hickey)

Ross got his guy
    Now let’s see if it comes together

BOULDER & PIGGY: Thanks, fellas, for the birthday wishes. Looked into my crystal ball and saw two team logos surrounded by the symbol for Super Bowl LI. The logos were the Dolphins and the Cowgirls.
    ————
    DON”T you just hate it when your crystal ball starts to show its age? OH-OH-!!! –The “LI” in the crystal ball just got a bit sharper!! NOW it says “VI”, not “LI.” –Oh, well, even crystal balls can be nostalgic!!!! – – Time for Great Grandpa to walk the greyhound and hit the bed. –Talk to all of you eternally hopeful Dolfans real soon.

getter

fat disgusting whore cause she was a cheating slut getting pregnant by some guy while married to another man. then wants to judge others while hiding behind her biblical beliefs when at one point in time they obviously meant nothing to her.

and nothing wrong with following ones religious belief but if they interfere with you doing your government job, then you have to resign.

Well, it became such an overblown story. If some clerk doesn’t do their job, or satisfy your needs, then go to another clerk, or take it up with the Sup….next.

As far as her, I don’t know her personally, nor if that story of her was actually factual. If it was, then OMG, how dare her make mistakes in her life.
      I make mistakes and bad decisions daily. Thank God I have a ‘faith’ that I try to follow, that keeps pulling me back onto the straight and narrow road, or else I’d be dead, in prison, or who knows what.

lmfao overblown story? she is the one at the forefront. i dont think she has done anything to make it go away, more just to blow it up more. and ok, yeah that is it. she made mistakes. funny how her mistakes didnt fit her religious agenda so they dont count.

tell you what. you can have people like her on your team. she is all yours. make sure to put wonderful people like her out front on your religious card. she is a good face for it.

No one can follow everything the laws of of God that the bible recorded, or else we wouldn’t need a Savior, forgiveness, grace, & salvation.

Besides, I don’t have a team. I have me & my personal relationship with God.
      There’s good & bad in all walks of life & professions. If I let the ‘bad’ ones sway me away from my faith, then I’d lost my faith & relationship with Christ a long time ago.

Be your own man. Do you let bad HC’s, players, and calls from refs keep you away from your love of football? 😉

Are you perfect? Do you know anybody that is?

Anywho. Time to wrap it up tonite. Have a blessed and happy day Wednesday my friend.

January 12, 2016 at 10:24 pm

It probably didn’t crush us

I hate the patriots
    Philosophically I hate losing games for draft position

see piggy, i dont get this. what philosophy. the players and team are not ever trying to lose a game. and my opinion has no bearing on the outcome of a game. if so they would never lose. it isnt a philosophy. it is just if my team isnt going to be a winner and in the playoffs/sb i want the next best thing like the highest draft picks

Are you perfect? Do you know anybody that is?

well yeah…..i am…. i didnt think that was a question.

and sorry getter, if you cant point out a person that hides behind their hypocrisy for their own agenda then that is bad. she does nothing to help out the religious side and those that defend her on the side of religion are just hiding behind a fraud.

I point out hypocrites all the time, mainly cause I’ve caught myself being one as well. So it’s easy to spot them now right? 😉

ONE last ditty: Adam Gase’s offense averaged 21 points a game in 2015.

getter,

not saying you dont. but there is way too much of that in out everyday lives now a days. the hypocrites that is. and in my opinion she is one of them and for the leaders to back her is just wrong.

but anyways, you were leaving and my bad for keeping it going. it was as always a nice chat with you. you have a nice evening and i hope in your dreams kim davis sits on your face. lmfao

Yuck, now I’m gonna be sick….lol
      I don’t support Kim Davis btw. Whatever ‘leaders’ that do are just playing dog & pony show. What else is new!

171. Rhino says:

Fins new TE coach:

One more thing about Gase when thinking about him game planning. He game planned against defenses for 3 years and called plays as an OC for 3 years engaging in the chess match, right? That’s the important thing.

I think you might get an idea about how defenses play and what a tough defense does to make things difficult. So you see it from both sides.