Ask Mike – 2016 Season – Week 1

ASKMIKELogo

from Piggy

Q – Mike, watching the game, I thought we were running the ball well in the 1st half.  Then I see we finished with 64 total rushing yards.  What happened?  Also, how do you think Foster did in his debut?  He averaged under 3 yards per carry, but it felt like he made something out of nothing.

I don’t think Foster was really effective running the ball, and I felt like Gase didn’t trust anyone else to get carries against that D.  Foster did have 19 touches overall, and I think he was much more effective receiving, when he had a little space and a head of steam going.  To be fair, he wasn’t getting holes to run through, and that, combined with not having Ajayi made Gase give up on the run game.  I can’t really compare that to Carroll staying with the running game, he had the horses with Michael and Rawls, so my guess was Gase didn’t love his second option of Damien Williams, and I can’t blame him.

I think Foster needs to be part of a tandem system, and at least early on, shouldn’t be carrying a big load of the offense if we want him to make it through the season.  I expect Ajayi to bounce back real nicely with some fire in his belly, so watch for that this week against the Patriots.

___________________________________________________________________

from Boulder

Q – Hi Mike,

Can you tell us when we can expect the phins back in the playoffs? It seems like every year we say we’re a couple of years away but never get there.

Thanks,

Boulder

I know many will disagree with me, but I think that was a playoff caliber defensive performance this past Sunday.  Someone has to lose, and unfortunately, it was us, but the defense played great, and that’s good enough to be in the playoffs.  Sure they didn’t hold at the end of the game, but if they play like this week in and week out, and the offense does it’s job better, we’ll be in the playoffs in 2016

I do think the offense will be better when Parker is healthy and able to contribute, and I also think Ajayi makes a much bigger impact on the run game.  Gase didn’t want to stop running, he just didn’t have guys he was comfortable with in the backfield.  That won’t happen from here on in.

___________________________________________________________________

from Stanger

Q – Jimmy Garoppolo had a 106 QB rating against a tough Cardinals D and without Gronk.

You figure we show him respect after that or go with every crazy look we can think of to go after him?   He’s still a young QB and not Brady.

stanger

I expect that we’ll be coming after young Jimmy, or as Son put it so well, Janeane Garafolo.  Our front 4 need to harass him, and yes, the game plan for NE will be a nice dose of Blount, and a quick short passing game that will test our LB’s with Julian Edleman, either Martellus Bennett or Gronks, or even worse, both.  Pressure will be key, because if young Jimmy has time, he will probably slice us up like he did to Arizona.

I don’t expect a lot of blitzes, because that leaves huge holes in the coverage, but I’m sure we’ll dial up a couple of them, and hopefully, they are well timed.  From what I saw last week, I like our chances against NE, we just need our offense to do more, and I think they will.

___________________________________________________________________

from Wyoming

Q – Who was your biggest surprise among the offseason additions to the team?

I would have to say getting Laremy Tunsil at pick #13.  You know I’ve wanted O-line help for a long time, and was all crazy about us drafting La’el Collins until the investigation fiasco went down.  We needed so badly to shore up the O-line, and getting a potential top LT at #13, who can play OG while we have #76, Branden Albert, was perfect for us.  That was huge.  No way I thought we had a shot at him, so that would be it for me.  I could have said getting Coach Gase too, because for once, we actually got the hottest guy on the market.

___________________________________________________________________

from New Age

Q – We are playing another team with a great defense this week. Which player (besides Tannehill) needs to have a ‘breakout’ game for this offense to score the points needed to win?

There’s a few I could pick, because I think it;s going to take more than one player to step up to beat the Patriots at home, but if I had to pick one, it would be Devante Parker.  It was really a virtual tie between him and Jay Ajayi, but due to the fact that Foster still may start, and end up getting more touches, I chose Parker.  Both NE CB’s are 5’11”, not small necessarily, but Parker at 6’3″ is the guy that should be able to give them trouble.  I think Ajayi though could play a big role this week, because it was obvious Gase had no confidence in anyone else behind Foster, and I think we were all under the impression Gase was committed to running the football, so I think Ajayi should see plenty of action, as many as 15 carries and maybe a a few passes out of the backfield as well.

Man, it would be nice if we got ANY production out of the TE’s.  If the Patriots ignore Cameron (I would), he could have a big game, but I just can’t pick him, because like Gase has no confidence in Damien Williams, I just have no confidence in Jordan Cameron.

___________________________________________________________________

from SB7

Q – Do you feel this team tried to rely too much on the same people offensively during the Seahawks game and what should we attempt to do differently in the Pats game that we didn’t do in Seattle to spark the offense?

SB7MVP

I do SB, but I think it was mostly due to a lack of quality depth.  At WR, we did get Carroo involved a bit, and obviously Stills too, who started, but at RB, the depth was real thin, so with Ajayi back in the fold, we’ll see much better balance from the RB’s.   With Devante Parker hopefully returning healthy this week,  that’s another big target for Tannehill, so I expect the ball to be spread around much more evenly in the Patriots game.

I also think Tannehill may have been a part of the reason, because I get the impression he doesn’t feel completely comfortable with TE Jordan Cameron (Why should he?), and then after the Stills drop, I think he may have felt the same way about Stills.  Neither guy to date has given Tannehill a reason to be comfortable with, so I think Tanny played a part in the lack of distribution.

___________________________________________________________________

from Tim

Q – What part of the team right now concerns you the most? Thank you!

I think the worst unit on this 2016 Miami Dolphins team is the TE’s.  The depth is pretty dismal, and you well know I’m no fan of starter Jordan Cameron.  Last year he was 26th in receptions, and he had only 3 TD’s, which ties him for 19th.  Considering he’s not even a good in-line blocker, that’s horrible.  FWIW, he did throw a pretty nice block this past Sunday, but we need him to be the seam threat he should be, and start making some big plays.  Dion Sims seems to have disappeared entirely, and then after Sims we have the ST ace MarQeuis Gray.

On the PS lurks UCLA TE Thomas Duarte, who I feel could help our team from a receiving standpoint.  I hope the kid gets a shot to make that happen, but it’s unlikely, so either Sims needs to return earth and start doing something, or Cameron needs to recapture the magic he had that one glorious year in CLE.  Otherwise, we may be the worst TE unit in the NFL.

___________________________________________________________________

And now for the babe of the week . . .
Let me know if you know who it is, and what this year’s BOTW theme is
stevie-nicks
This entry was posted in Ask Mike, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

431 Responses to Ask Mike – 2016 Season – Week 1

EJ Manuel one of the worst recent picks I can remember

He sucked at fsu
    Those fsu teams were really talented except at qb

Bills defense looks like garbage

Man, the yets passing game is looking very solid.

What a play by Lee

Oh how I wish we drafted LBs

Piggy,
    It looks like the yets WRs are playing hard and fast and making tough catches. Fitz is putting the ball in the right spot most of the time. It’s always a little of both, but I think their passing game has looked pretty solid, unfortunately.

If RT threw those passes like Fitz is you’d be saying great catch, but the passes weren’t accurate. Everyone of them the WRs are slowing down and adjusting.

Fins can’t get away with a hold like that on the Forte TD. The OL just reached out with both hands, grabbed the LB and threw him to the side.

TODD BOWLES had his team ready to play football tonight, especially on offense. If Fitzpatrick plays like this most of the season, the Jets will be tough to beat. New York has 26 first downs to 9 for the Jills.

Retarded the jets didn’t go for 2

steve
    Whatever. Fitz is making good throws, mostly. Just keep whining about calls we never get.

The throws weren’t great, but it got the job done. The same way a lot of throws RT makes, yet he gets eaten alive on every throw that isn’t perfect.

Starting to look like the bills are gonna suck this year

That Rexie D didn’t look too hot.

13. 81Howie says:

Al 24-17 NE*
    Tim 20-17 MIA
    Steve 28-24 MIA
    Naples16 13MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

Who’s the idiot that didn’t play Matt Forte in FF? Yup, this guy! 😦

On a lighter note, I think this is hilarious

Last night, when Erik Decker caught a TD pass, his wife, Jessie James Decker tweets a pic of Decker and captions it “TD Big Dick Decker!” That’s funny!

He looks completely out of shape

Strange game for Tyrod Taylor last night. You look at his numbers and it looks like he had a great game. But if you watched him play you know he made a lot of shitty throws where he missed wide open receivers. A couple of big completions made his numbers look a lot better than he played.

Wait what? The STATS didn’t tell the entire story? I’m going to have to go back and rethink my philosophy on them. Who knew😉

The more depressing news is that I thought Fitzpatrick looked great but even worse is the Jet WRs between Marshall, Decker and Enunwa looked outstanding.

piggy,
    The Jets were desperately trying to trade up to take tunsil. I’m sure if we wanted they’d trade lee for tunsil straight up

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 16h16 hours ago
    Rookie quarterback Brandon Doughty cleared waivers and has re-signed to Miami’s practice squad.

Randy, if you don’t think some teams get more favorable calls than others, I won’t ask you about the highly debatable practices of the liberal medial.

Do you guys remember what Jordan looked like when we drafted him

He has a completely different body now

That is out of shape
    granted – he had to gain some weight
    but he looks like a shadow of himself

steve
    Every team gets favorable calls. You can see it in every game. And, I do think high echelon/elite players….mostly QBs…get favorable calls. I’ve just never worried about it or paid it much attention. It’s a waste of energy. It’s just part of the game. Do you really think our OL doesn’t get away with holding calls…our WRs don’t push off? The best thing we can do is become one of those teams who get favorable calls….you know….like for decades while Shula was our coach? Lol

Piggy

The muscle definition doesn’t show as much with the 30-35 lb weight difference. He couldn’t be effective at 6’6″ 245, and I’m not sure he will be effective at 275-80, but he has a better shot.

BoulderPhinfan says:
    September 16, 2016 at 9:50 am (Edit)

The jets aren’t going anywhere this year. Lets see how they play in KC next week.
    ____________________________________
    As much as it pains me I disagree. I am not saying the Jets make the playoffs but that is a dangerous team. They have an excellent defensive line, Fitzpatrick is playing very well at QB and they have weapons on O with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa and Forte.

Fitzy didn’t play well last week, but he did this week. He killed them last year in the last game against the Bills, with the playoffs on the line. He was awful

Fitz didn’t play bad week 1 either. That’s a good Cincy D and they moved the ball on them. They were a BMarsh drop away from potentially winning that game.

If he is less defined
    it might be a reflection of lack of conditioning

its a significant drop off in definition IMO

He was in good shape when he posted those videos, but after the knee surgery, I’m sure he was limited, so he probably got a little softer during that time. He did look pretty good about 3 months ago.

Normally I just get called one….but in this case am proudly with the Pig, Jordan ain’t looking in football shape at all. Not for him at least. We are talking about a guy who the draft guys wondered could weight — looking he proved them wrong about that at least.

I am with Piggy as well. I also don’t buy that he couldn’t be effective at 245. Jason Taylor was very effective at a similar weight and size.

His big thing was his edge speed and the amazing DE that could drop in coverage too. Would love to see him in coverage now. This what a DE that size should look like.

Watched enough of the game last night to think we have a good chance to come in 2nd in the division.

Those were middling teams…..

Ken, I agree about the Jets. They have a top DL and what looks like a pretty good offense which they had last year.

Jordan definitely doesn’t look to be in shape. Way too soft. He probably hasn’t been able to do a lot of cardio if his knee was an issue. His best assets used to be his quickness and athleticism. I don’t think he plays as well heavy. But, if he’s lost a step due to injury or whathaveyou…that will really hurt his effectiveness off the edge.

That picture was enough for me to think that if he is going to be in the serious mix won’t be till 2nd half of the season. And dude has so much to prove.

Also what has Rex done to that Bills defense?

I’m just gonna keep rooting for whatever team plays the Jets. The best part of last season was the Jets getting knocked out week 16.

Well we are getting national coverage! 😦

I think these guys went out of the way to pay their respects while making their statement

Suddenly standing is the only way anyone can pay their respects. People having been taking knees and kneeling to send messages for a decades

FYI – Jenkins said he will be standing this weekend and released articulate statement about why he did what he did. It would be nice if people would read that statement and argue their thoughts on that rather that making memes to make us all cry about the death of the soldier and villianize an unrelated political statement

but in this political environment I would not expect anyone to have substantial discussions. Why start now – meme on I guess

No need to waste another Sunday!

Watching the Jets last night shows you why we wanted to go bigger at corner. You have to contest those guys or they will do that all day. Also have to contain Fitz in the pocket or he will run and get the 1st down.

MikeE,
    It’s hard to know if we don’t know the extent of his injury and how it’s gonna impact his rehab. These pro athletes have every possible advantage when it comes to rehab, so hopefully he can get back in playing shape quickly. But yeah…that pic, if it’s recent, says he’s got some work to do before he can probably even practice effectively.

Conditioning is a big deal
    Jordan looks like shit to me
    This guy should be ready to go but —–
    I was hoping we get a little out of him in his final year
    but I look at that picture and I don’t see it

I think when you can’t run because of a knee you lose cardio and these guys get a little plump. Jordan has to burn it off. People said the same thing about Knowshon Moreno when he showed up at camp for the first time. By the time the season came around he didn’t have a gut anymore. Jordan has another 4-5 weeks anyway before he’ll join the team or not I guess.

Piggy, is your avatar a picture of you humping Brady’s head??

If so, you have his head facing the wrong way!

Pokey might get jealous, but he is usually more interested in the other end of the digestive track.

Yep, It all hinges on where Jordan is in his rehab. If he can work out hard, he can drop 20 lbs in a month.

Yeah especially when that’s your job and you work out hard everyday.

He shouldn’t be so far gone in the first place

He’s screw our team either way
      But if he has a chance contribute something – he prett much needs to do it right away, not after a month when he can return from rehab

Guy looks like he was working out with chips and a remote for the last 6 mos

What a piece of shit

And when you factor in he wa S suspended for PEDs
    It makes it that much less encouraging

He can’t maintain his physique without illegal help?

This guy is probably already mentally retired from the NFL

(Piggy burns his jersey)

Until he had the knee surgery he was in great shape. There were photos and videos of him released by his agent. When you can’t train because of the knee what do you think happens? It doesn’t take a year to get into good shape for these guys. They train at a different level than the average person.

No he wasn’t
        There are photos of him during the suspension there are photos of him at the beach looking like he does now

This guy doesn’t care anymore

Those pics and video did exist. Just saying. remember his agent saying comeback player of the year?

Awesome news about Willims Mike E

I want to see this more than Ajayi or Parker

I think the DL can be very good
    Especially if we are able to take it easy in wake in sept with less reps

We need to have all of them is right! We need Williams, Parker and Ajayi. They all mean a lot to their respective units.

Good to see Super Mario is playing.

I think bc the jests played on Thurs ther eis a chance the Dolphins game v the cheats is on local TV in NYC/NJ

anyone know?

Lets say you live in a world

where piggies run free
    bacon is not for consumption but admiration
    and you can only pick one to play this weekend: Ajayi, Parker or Williams

who would you pick?

Pig try Google, NYC tv guide

48. Al in MIA says:

Looks like NYC market is locked for the NOLA @ Giants game 🙂

That’s the other channel (NFC)
      There will be another 1pm game on cbs

• Al in MIA says:

Usually a home team has exclusive markets…
        When I lived in central NJ, I got games outside of the NYC/PHL area but not sure how it works in a market like NY that has 2 teams.
        In Miami, if the Dolphins are playing, there is no other broadcast allowed at the same time to protect the Dolphins interests in their market.
        From what I understand, the NFL only distributes 4 games to a single market on a Sunday. So, 2 games will air either early or in the later game + the Sunday night game. Maybe things have changed, but that’s how I have understood it for the last few years.

I think the real reason you don’t like the question is bc I worked in the Pig Rights angle

You are a Pigist!

50. Al in MIA says:

Piggy,
    If I had to choose between the 3, it is Parker because he is the only big WR the Fins have and last year he showed that when he’s on the field he can have his way with secondary people harrassing him over the top.

This is a long statement to make but i wanted to make it… i felt moved to make it here. I apologize upfront with the length of this.

Since I have been very vocal here about my displeasure with the standing for the anthem, I would like to, here, acknowledge I have had a change in my heart towards the subject, and two sources that would seem almost completely contradictory to one another brought about this change. God and Arian Foster.

God came into it today as I was driving into work. I had what people of faith might call God touching the heart. I cannot fully explain it but when pondering on this subject, I felt a wash over me, ideas that were not dominant in my and moved to the forefront and in my heart I felt a sense of true compassion enter. Those thoughts came from statements made by Arian Foster. Flashback to the end of the day, yesterday, I was not in that place. I was still pretty angry about the displays during the national anthem, I was still pretty hard lined on the right and wrong of it and what I felt about the people who “dishonored” it. I actually spent a great deal of time writing a logical retort to the statements made by Arian Foster in an article linked here.

As began this long winded retort to Foster, however, i took his points, applied my counter points, then i kind argued his side as well. What happened was I found I couldn’t really support a solid argument based purely on logic. That i could actually argue my own points down and that I had to bring emotion into it to make my points hit home. I also found i had to bring emotion into it to solidify his arguments. When it comes to debates, these generally are arguments that cant be won by effort of one side to sway the other, but usually can only be resolved if ones side forgoes their own emotions for the sake of seeing the other sides point. Once i realized how i had closed my heart off to the other perspective, i was finally able to do this.

I do think my heart was in the right place all along, but it had become cold to the players perspective. Cold to the facts that some of the people involved do have a good point, that my feelings towards segments of this movement cannot be applied to all. Foster was right after all that the beauty of this country is that people can make a difference because it gives them all a voice. I still somewhat disagree with that action being the ONLY one they could take, but i did have to admit to myself, some of these guys are being genuine with what they say. Nothing about Fosters words seemed racially charged, nor completely unreasonable. They seemed well thought out, intelligent and focused. I do think that initially he probably had ideas of what he wanted to to to make his own statement and likely took that avenue as something that was already happening and he would just lend support to it.

That’s said, it is of my opinion now, that it’s not my place to stand in judgement of them and their intentions, even Kaeprnick, as they are doing what they feel they need to to invoke needed change in society, and I am somewhat sorry for doing so in the first place. I t was never my intention to call for them stop making a statement or petitioning for change, I really just wanted these guys, who seem moved to invoke change to see that there are alternate ways and the way they are going about can be seen as wrong to other people, that it’s upsetting people, and dividing people. I just wanted them to take another avenue is all, one that would not dishonor this country, that I love dearly. I also still stand behind this country as not being the problem, and I still stand behind the fact that unity is what we need. My hope is, and will always be that eventually we come to the point where others also come to that conclusion.

As an additional note, I just read what Piggy said, and I read what Jelani said. I understand the importance of civil rights and activism, but even if you look to that past for how to handle yourself you find a myriad of different avenues to take. You have to choose the one that suits you best, but when making that decision its imperative to be aware of not only you own intentions, but what the other side might also perceive as your intentions. The best way to pursue is not always the path already taken, not always choose the easiest path, but to choose instead the one that will get people to listen, not shut down. I feel like taking my own advice right now and not shut out their perspective and keep a more open mind to what each individual person is trying to say. I hope that’s change is on the horizon, God knows we need it, I just hope we make it there together not apart.

D, great post. Here’s the thing for me. It’s not for me to determine what others feel and how they want to make a statement. It doesn’t mean they hate the country and don’t respect the sacrifices for freedom. They could be simply saying we think something is wrong and it needs to be corrected. That’s not how I would go about it but I don’t make the rules nor would I ever want to. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does not have one way to go about it. That’s where I’m leaving it. I’m not a protest type of person so I’m not going to start now.

The issue is political, and therefore shouldn’t be brought into sports. Since it has been brought in I think what they’re saying is right, but as usual people always want the other side to change, and that’s not going to happen, without them changing their side first. Look at the problem, it’s 2 sided, when you do knuckleheaded things…

Good post

it needs a little more pork though

Piggy

GOOGLE I am a Flying Pig that lives in NYC, will I be able to watch the Dolphins play Sunday on any of the local networks? You can copy and paste this if you wish

D

I’m not against the protests, but I wish they would find a more constructive way to accomplish something. I also thought during 9/11 it was disrespectful, but that’s me. If you want my honest opinion, kneeling , sitting or laying down during the national anthem doesn’t really accomplish anything, and frankly, it’s lazy. Go to community leaders and work on something, go out and DO something. Just my 2 cents.

Good on you D

D or anyone else

I don’t judge anyone for their positions on the subject

I just like to point out mine from time to time
    So no one should feel compelled to stop saying whatever they want to say or justify it just bc of little ole Piggy

Shoot, just realized I said frankly, thankfully I didn’t say quite frankly, I’d have to slap myself.

Also, I still have yet to have someone explain to me how kneeling or sitting is disrespectful without being emotional or just saying, ” because it just is!”

I thought I made myself clear last week.. Both police, and firemen went into the 2 WTC buildings, and saved many black people at their own risk, and many perished doing so. These firemen, policemen take the national anthem to heart, they feel it represents honor to our country, and the people that serve it (Police, Firemen, Military). Purposely kneeling or sitting when in their eyes one is to stand to honor the anthem properly, is disrespectful. I understand that, and see it that way too, whether they had that in mind or not. They might have wanted to take that into consideration, but they didn’t, SO, those who felt they were disrespectful let them know. End of story

• sb7mvp says:

This is just a long version of ‘because it just is’ Mike. Sitting or kneeling doesn’t show anymore disrespect than standing shows respect.

As i said before im kinda in two places right now.

I can tell you when i was most upset by it the perspective it there is a general method to how the flag/country is honored during that anthem. Standing up, hand over the heard or claps behind the back eyes directed at the flag. Its widely know because we practie it from childhood. I think the kneeling shows that you are kind of bucking the system, which i think gets interpreted as bucking the trend for honoring it. Its kinda the same thing when people are praying the idea is heads are bowed and eyes are closed, when people dont do that its considered disrespectful, again, it doesn’t mean they were being disrespectful but because it bucks the accepted way of doing it, sends a message. To then be doing it as part of a protest, even if the protest isnt aimed at America, will get those same people to associate the protest part with the thing you are bucking the traditional way of honoring it.

Having said that, its not the way it has to be perceived, but i can definitely understand why people make that association.

I think if traditional has always been that kneeling, standing, etc were always acceptable ways of honoring the anthem, i dont think this would have made so much of a stink. You do have to ask yourself, do you feel that if kneeling was, would they have then chosen laying down? Again, i think the point is not to assign the intention of the person. So maybe some of these guys arent intending to insult the country, i do think some of them did, and unfortunately i think the first one, definitely had that in mind or at very least knew that was how it would be received.

Kaep was just trying to be noticed, to make people aware what’s happening to blacks isn’t ok. Doesn’t matter, if there’s intent to disrespect, it’s still taken the same way.

D:
    Excellent post. I am firm believer in the right to the freedom of expression. Symbolic gestures are often mocked but in truth they can be powerful. Who would have thought that a civil rights movement could be spawned by someone refusing to ride on the back of a bus or a democracy could be born out of dumping some over taxed tea into a harbor?

so it begins. Bills are gonna finish last in afc east.

“Bills fire offensive coordinator Greg Roman after two games”

SB

Did my answer clear it up for you?

• sb7mvp says:

I replied up above and my answer may seem curt. I see where you’re coming from, but I think it’s more emotional than logical. I don’t agree with it and I’m someone who was deeply emotionally effected by 9/11 so it’s not like I don’t understand the emotion. I just don’t agree with making the day untouchable from protests.

That’s fine, and that’s where we differ. I think if you’re on a line in front of the Nabisco factory with a sign that says “MORE CHIPS”, because you’re protesting too few chips on your Chips Ahoy cookies on 9/11, I don’t think anyone would have a problem with that. I just see that day as a day when we were all one, all Americans, no one cared if you were black or white, just in danger. That was UNITY at it’s best

SB

Not sure how you can say that. If that’s the case, then what exactly is it they’re doing that constitutes a protest? Are they not kneeling because standing is the accepted thing to do, and they’re bucking it in protest? Please explain what you mean

• sb7mvp says:

I think you’re using protest as a synonym for disrespect and I don’t see it that way. Kneeling/standing is a way to say, “Hey look! things aren’t right in this country and need to change” Standing is like saying all is well.

I want to see our secondary matched up with the Pats fuckface receiving core. I want to see us knock them around. I think that’s a key matchup for the outcome of this game.

Can we stop their illegal rub routes? What I don’t get is, you know he’s going to get rid of it quick, so why not press them, until they make you change. You can’t zone them, unless you use a tight to the LOS one, like we use inside 10.

LOL @ “Pats fuckface receiving core”

And when you factor in he wa S suspended for PEDs
    It makes it that much less encouraging

He was not suspended for PED’s. He was suspended the 2nd time for Pot and the third time (for a year) for a diluted test. He said he had been drinking the night before the test and was worried about failing the test for alcohol (which is stupid) and that is why his test was diluted.

tim,
    after I saw edelman go after that line judge, I agree they are fuckfaces.

66. 81Howie says:

Well you guys can always come down here, our Orlando CBS is showing it due to the Jags playing at 4:00
    Just hope it doesnt go to O/T or were screwed
    GO PHINS!!!

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 2h2 hours ago
    Jay Ajayi answered every question today w/my focus right now is helping us win. Ain’t mad.

68. 81Howie says:

Tim 20-17 MIA
    Steve 28-24 MIA
    Naples16 13 MIA
    Rock 28-23 NE*
    GDP 23-20 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

In the midst of this national pride debate we have two presidential candidates that people follow blindly or dislike them both. Worst candidates I’ve ever seen in my lifetime. If you ever wanted to start a term limits grassroots movement because the pols aren’t going to get on board with it, it’s now. We need fresh thinkers, not establishment status quo types. It would be more like public service and likely more proudly served than the corruption that seems inevitable over time.

SB

Reply up above @ 4:20PM . . . hmmmm – I’m not high, promise

Well I guess all that respect got them something?

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 44m44 minutes ago
    New. Local Sheriff’s union wants law enforcement to cease details protecting the Miami Dolphins:

Again another reaction to 4 people instead of thousands. The 4 override all and absolute resolutions should be employed. That’s what we have become. I think it’s nuts but we seem to be wired this way. I fall into the trap too. It’s kind of fucked up.

LOL at Bills firing Greg Roman. It’s not like their O didn’t put up 24 points last night against a good Jet D with a a terrible QB.

They seriously fired their OC two games in?

Ronald Darby has been getting lit up past couple games. Maybe Parker will get him for some big catches when we get around to playing the Bills.

This is interesting. I hope they do QB sneak more. From jackson

Gase told his team: “Hey, early in games especially, if we’re inside the 50 and it’s fourth-and-short, we’re probably going to go for it,” Tannehill relayed. “Just that mindset that we’re going to have another shot and four downs to make 10 yards is huge for a quarterback, knowing we can check it down and have another shot at it. Or if we run it on third-and-short and don’t get it, we’re going to have another shot, whether it’s a run or a pass.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article102190352.html#storylink=cpy

76. 81Howie says:

Yes, I saw that Pic of Dion Jordan. What is this, year twelve?
    Dont look like anytime soon so perhaps next season.

Mike, i hope that if they feel this is how they want to bring the discussion to the table, that they at least follow through with the discussion. If in the end good comes from it, then i think some of the hurt people are feeling currently about them not standing will go away.

My big gripe with Kaeprnick from all things i have seen from the socks, to some of the interviews after the games is that he keeps acting as if this is all that has to be done. He keeps saying “i dont want to have to keep continuing to sit” as if its just going to happen magically. He doesnt really seem invested.

This is a deep rooted problem so A LOT more has to be done and if you are the person who started the ball rolling, you naturally have to keep moving it down the line. I think as long as more action follows this initial wake up call, it will eventually be seen as a positive thing by most everyone.

I’m getting pumped for this game. It has some nice match ups. Suh should feast. If Bellicheat decides to try to neutralize Suh, the other guys need to make plays. I think it’s gonna be fun to see how that plays out. Then, it’s kinda just the opposite on the other side. Can our interior guys open up lanes for the RB? Can they handle Hightower if he plays? Bellicheat will try to stop our running game first. We’re gonna need to hit those quick passes early if they play to stop the run. Sure would be nice if our OL could step up and look good in both phases. Teams are gonna keep doing the same thing to us until we show we can beat it.

D

That’s precisely what I mean. If the movement, which I can’t call it that at the moment, I’ll cal it lazy protest, grows legs, and starts moving towards the type of thing I mentioned, where there are meetings between law enforcement, community leaders, and town folk, and that creates more respect and unity for all, I’d be very pleased.

HOWIE — HOWIE — HOWIE–

Old 26-20 Mia

Parker and Williams are ready to go. Patsies and their fans are over confident. They’re giggling at the Miami players and fans!! – – We’ll see who is laughing when Grant returns a punt 80 yards for the winning touchdown!! – – AT LAST, the Dolphins “SHOW ME!!”

Baby Steps yo

Rock 28-23 NE*
    GDP 23-20 MIA
    Bold 24-20 NE*
    Old 26-20 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

SB

It doesn’t have to be baby steps, these guys have lots of money, and some cache, they could get it going pretty damn fast if they put in a little effort.

Know what, they really want to make a change, instead of sitting down during the anthem, how about all the NFL stars say they’re going to sit out unless the police meet and create some kind of initiative where police departments in inner cities meet with community leaders and set up town meetings. That would wake some people up for sure. I doubt many if any are willing to make that sacrifice though

Money won’t change hearts.

There always seems to be so much drama about everything people do. Whether people stand for the National Anthem or don’t real social change is not going to happen because of this either way. Just more people taking sides as ushe.

• sb7mvp says:

Not with attitudes like this Judith

Well indivisible means cannot be divided or separated and that’s part of the Pledge of Allegiance for his country. But people continue to put up fences. Not sure anyone really knows what this country is suppose to stand for anymore. We protest each other constantly. How’s that working?

I think you took a left turn at Albuquerque.

olddolphan says:
    September 16, 2016 at 7:44 pm
    HOWIE — HOWIE — HOWIE–

Old 26-20 Mia

OD, I am so proud of you my good sir! I trust our Phins won’t let you or the rest of us down.

Go New Phins!

Oh yeah big game no doubt. It’s also a big game for the Pats as it is a division and AFC game. We lost to SEA and they beat ARZ, but this game has more playoff ramifications than those two NFC games.

Yeppers Tim! This is the game I targeted as a must to go 1-1 early on, but more importantly, 1-0 in division play while handing the Pasts an 0-1 division start.
      Win & we’re tied with the Cropdusters atop the division.
      Lose, and we’ve got a real tough hole to dig out from….ugh.

Gut Check Time!
      Go Show Me Phins!

Yeah man. It has to begin at some point right or it’s the same ole same ole. Pats 2-0 and Jets 1-1 with division wins, Dolphins and Bills on the outside looking in at 0-2. Before you know it you don’t have a lot of room to slip up and lose too many more games.

SB

Think you missed my point. It wasn’t directly about the money, although big picture wise it would end up like that. If enough of these stars decided they were going to sit out, the NFL wouldn’t be happy, and if the players told them what they were trying to accomplish, maybe the NFL would get involved to assist it, rather than lose all their star players. Think about it.

We have put ourselves in a very sensitive time now with all the social media and happenings across the country. People are speaking out like never before. Red and blue states are becoming even more red and blue communities where lines are drawn in the sand and anything other than what I stand for, means you’re the problem and my enemy. No real discussions anymore. Politics is now a sport on a lot of levels. Sad really. We’re devolving at the moment.

FSU, WOW. Dude on radio yesterday had FSU as his lock, his partner said, I’m going the other way.

I really feel good about tomorrow’s game.

Thinking about the RB position and how we suited up in the first game. Drake’s value is he plays on coverage teams as a gunner and can return kicks. He was drafted for all of that. Then develop him into a steady weapon. Drake will be active every week because of this. So is Williams. It’s between the other 3 for the main rushing workload.

We only took 3 to the game last week with Pead out and Ajayi a healthy scratch that we all know about.

Gase said they opted for a couple of more RB type bodies over LBs on STs. Will we see 4 active RBs this week with Foster/Ajayi as the 1-2 punch and STs Drake/Williams?

• Brian in NY says:

I’d like to see what Drake can do.

I think we’ll ease him into it little by little. No touches on offense or STs last week. Only had the last PS game as a prepper. Let’s see when we give him a shot. The same with Grant and Carroo. Let them get over the nerves of being in the NFL. Feed them a little more and more as we go.

93. 81Howie says:

I dont! Two FGs are the best drives Tannehill can muster (but its not his fault)
    He’s just not that good”
    A safety when the young QB makes a big mistake but we still dream of there is another real Quaterback that is not on our team.
    Thus we lose again 24-8 NE*

Naples16 13 MIA
    GDP 23-20 MIA
    Bold 24-20 NE*
    Old 26-20 MIA
    Rock 30-26 MIA
    GO PHINS!!!

Gase seemed to coach last week the way Pat Riley did with the Lakers. Riley only used 3 guys off the bench, unless the game was a blow out. I think Gase isn’t ready to open things up yet with the rookies, he may until the Browns game week 3.