The Wedge Scouting Report, LB, Kendell Beckwith

One of my favorite things to do is to plan the Great Annular Pebumbral Eclipse festival.  It does not happen a lot but when it does- what a party!

How do I plan the festival?  Well I find a planet that can view it.  Then I organize a huge PR campaign.  We send out flyers, we advertise on television and radio, we call people at their homes – we even go door to door.

And the whole planet buys into the festival.  Every alien on the planet takes the day off work, gets their kids and spouses, sets up a picnic blanket and gets ready to view the eclipse.  They all are so happy before the eclipse.  Its beautiful.

But not quite as beautiful as watching them all get vaporized.

Oops…did I forget to mention that you can’t look at an Annular Pebumbral Eclipse and not get vaporized…my mistake…

No…it’s not a mistake…that’s what I do.  I destroy planets.  I love my job.

Kendell Beckwith also loves his job.  He destroys offenses.

photo 1

We mentioned a few linebackers this offseason already.  Beckwith is probably the most physically gifted ones I have mentioned.  And that should be no surprise to anyone.  he played at LSU and LSU is always stacked with talent.  You have to be physically gifted to even see the field at LSU.

This 6’2 245 linebacker comes from a long line of SEC defensive players who play at the next level.  When you watch Beckwith, his tackling stands out as being fundamentally sound.  Over the last 2 years Beckwith has had 150 tackles.

photo 2

But its more than tackling.  Its playmaking.  He’s a big hitter and he does a great job fishing the QB in limited opportunities.  beck with had 3.5 sacks in 2015.

But what Beckwith really is heralded for is his coverage skills.  He might not be as good as some one like Myles Jack in coverage but he is not far behind.

photo 3

Beckwith has also been pretty durable in his career.  He played in 33 games over the last 3 years.  That is no small achievement in the physical SEC.

Beckwith won’t be a secret.  You won;t be able to fool an unsuspecting planet like you can with an eclipse.  LSU gets noticed by scouts.  In Beckwith’s case he has been on the scouts’ radars since he was in high school.  He was one of the most sought after prospects in the country coming out of high school.

photo 4

That said – he is a devastating to an opposing offense was an lethal eclipse can be.  That’s why when comparing Beckwith to an alien weapon of destruction, I compare Beckwith to an Annular Pebumbral Eclipse.

Go ahead…take a look if you dare!

BeckwithEclipse

You can watch Beckwith here vs Mississippi State

Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

256 Responses to The Wedge Scouting Report, LB, Kendell Beckwith

oh man. We’re already looking towards the draft. Thanks phins for a great season 😦

Nice job piggy. I like him but our 1st rd pick next should be a QB next yeaar.

i’m for a Deshaun Watson administration in Miami.

He’s loaded with intangibles and he wins.

It’s actually from last offseason I just scheduled it for today when he stayed in another year

5. wedge,
    do a scouting report on Reuben Foster and Zach Cunningham. If we’re going LB next draft it’s got to be one of those two at a minimum.

One thing I know for sure. We aren’t going to lose today. 😉

But not quite as beautiful as watching them all get vaporized.

No…it’s not a mistake…that’s what I do. I destroy planets. I love my job.”

LOL Pig — but please tell me Wedge is not coming to the Fest.

PS — I’m sure you know Lacy is on a bye and will adjust your roster before one, but just making sure. Good luck today.

On the morning of Oct. 25 last year, the Kansas City Chiefs awoke to a 1-5 record. Their roster seemed to lack talent. Their coaching staff seemed to lack answers. Their fans lacked hope.

And despite venom in the media and a bleak outlook for the remainder of the season, the Chiefs rallied. They didn’t lose again in authoring an 11-5 regular-season record.

It can happen.

Tony Dungy started his NFL coaching career with five consecutive losses. Joe Gibbs started his NFL coaching career with five consecutive losses. Jimmy Johnson started his NFL coaching career with a 1-15 record.

Dungy and Gibbs are in the Hall of Fame. Johnson won two Super Bowls and was the architect of a team so dominant it won another Super Bowl even after he departed.

It can happen.

I say this not to suggest the Dolphins — your Miami Dolphins — are about to turn things around in such epic proportions. I’m not predicting that. I’m not raising expectations to those levels.

But this team can get better.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article105434016.html#storylink=cpy

Record wise 1-3 is not a death sentence. The issue is it’s hard to have confidence in this team when we see the same stuff over and over. Obviously I hope they do turn it around, I just don’t have the confidence that they will and it sucks!!!

And the team (or the record at least) will get better, if only cause the schedule does.

Whenever Boulder’s sheet was done, had them at 1-3 right now. And finishing at 8-8.

Only difference now would be maybe 6-7 wins. So the sky ain’t falling.

• the difference is this offense ain’t scoring points with Tannehill at qb. It’s not going to happen so hold your breath if he’s in there for the remainder of the season because it’s going to smell like a beer and egg fart.

Good points Tim & Stanger….I really wanna see Gase turn this franchise around and be here for years, so he can build some continuity. I hope the players, good, bad, & developing, all buy into him & the rest of the coaches.
    We see good things with other franchises that turn around….it’s time for our Phins!

Go Phins!

10. bat says:

Is it safe? Are the Kool Aid vats all empty yet? … Have the Tanneshills finally come to face grim reality? …lol

It was a fine season while it lasted. I’m really encouraged by the grit and determination our spunky team displayed, hanging in there for a full quarter of the season before packing it in… Even stunning the world with a hard fought victory over a powerhouse Browns team.

So let’s start evaluating QB’s in the draft and hope we get a good one, because I’m certain that Landry is not going to waste another season piling up garbage time yards with Hennehill

11. bat says:

Thanks Tim .. All good on my end … Can’t get on at work anymore so blogging time is scarce. How are you faring ?

I think it’s time to start considering we can do better at QB. Don’t care if you are pro Tanny or anti, the guy isn’t the worst QB we have had, but that not the point. Point is we need better to help us over the hump.

People say will look at what’s around him, and you sorta have a point but how hard is it to replace everyone else to make him just average. He isn’t going to be elite even if he has elite all the way around him. There are reasons teams try to get their guy at QB and THEN build around him, because it’s next to impossible to do it the other way around. I know it sucks to think that after so many years of trying to find a guy and then getting a guy with promise to realize fuck we got to do this all over, but if you just keep riding with that guy because you are scared to try for better, you are just locking yourself into this level of interior play. This isn’t good enough for my team, we need better.

Jarvis Landry, Parker and really our true starters on OL would be adequate for most true starting caliber QBs. We need to keep trying to get one. We are just plain stupid for not having tried harder over the past few years.

I’m done with Tanny this was a make or break year for me with him. Rode the first 3 years really fighting against his critics because I saw improvement. Last year I was like man I was wrong and I really started looking at what we had and found I really didn’t like what I saw. I gave him benefit of the doubt when it came out that philbin and he were at odds, but maybe philbin was right afterall. They structured his contract for a what if philbin is right, and I think this year is showing it might be perfect timing to exercise it.

Son of rather have Kaaya than Watson. In fact if probably rather have Kelly than Watson

Beckwith draft status has dropped he is projecting as a 3-4th right now mostly because LSU is a train wreck. I’d expect him to draft as high as second by time draft rolls around. Beckwith was one of my favs last year but I’m beginning to see that deion Jones made him look better, so he is down on my list a little this year. Still like him but for our defense he doesn’t fit as well as some of the others.

15. bat says:

D … Good post ..I agree completely … Tannehill is not going to suddenly develop the football instincts and field awareness that he has always lacked and have been his undoing. He just doesn’t understand how to play the position at the NFL level. You are right, we can do much better and should stop hanging on to the desperate hope that Tannehill will become something that he is not…. Futilely trying to assemble a super team around an average to below average QB is insanity.

D, worst QB we’ve had…c’mon seriously? LMAO

I don’t know who are the qbs available

Dozier, Watson , Kaaya

I would really like to add defense but I think we can use a lot of help

18. bat says:

Tanneshill misdirection time … “But the D sucks too” ..”But the OL sucks too” .. “(Insert name of another starting QB here) sucked today too” .”But the play calling sucked too” ..and on and on …..

Remember how bad Peyton Manning sucked last year, yet with a stellar Defense & running game, they won the SB over Camderella.

19. bat says:

GDP .. So, all we have to do is put together an elite defensive unit? ..Yes, that sounds so much easier than acquiring a QB who actually knows how to play the position and doesn’t have the instincts and awareness of a damp cloth …lol

Teams are winning with QB’s that don’t throw over 4,000 yards per season, so yeah, must be a team game thing where the defenses actually contribute to the Wins.
      Only 1-3 QB’s in the entire league can carry a team all on their shoulders, and even then a good opposing defense will beat them….just saying!

• you have to put those passing stats in context. are they helping the team win the game? are they coming later in the game when the team is down so far that they need to pass on every down?
        Romo is a good player to make the comparison to. He makes mistakes throwing int’s or Dallas goes 3 and out over and over and Dallas gets down in the score and then Romo throws for a ton of yards in the 2nd half to try and get the team back in the game but they lose anyway.
        That’s what Tannehill’s got. Tony Romo stats. Meaningless passing yds.
        Even if this team builds the D and gets it to the point where it was a top five D we aren’t going to win a lot of games because our offense isn’t going to score enough points to win with the qb we have. Our D would need to hold offenses to under 17 ppg on a consistent basis and you can’t ask any D to do that. It’s not going to happen.
        There’s no doubt we need to upgrade the defensive side of the ball especially with the aging DE position and the shit LB corps we have but on the offensive side of the ball we aren’t going to improve with the qb we’ve got. T
        Tannehill IS NOT the answer. I feel better about our chances with our 7th rd pick than I do with our first rd #8 overall because even though Doughty doesn’t have the arm strength or athletic ability of Tannehill he’s better than him in every other aspect of the game.
        Disagree if you want but I’d rather spend the remainder of the season developing Doughty in this offense and getting him ready for next season than waste another second on a failed first rd quarterback just to try and salvage the season. Look to the future and stop trying to play for the present by playing guys who have no bearing on future plans.

2 mid to later round QB’s I’d be interested in are Pat Mahomes & Seth Russell….let them compete with Tannehill, same for Doughty if we keep him….he was waived already once.
    Matt Moore definitely won’t be here, so let Tanny compete with Mahomes/Russell & Doughty in 2017 camp.
    Spend the early picks on Defense! Defense still wins championships….see Seattle, Denver, NYG when they beat Brady, etc.

21. bat says:

Here’s a good rule to follow. If you’re going to use the 8th overall pick on a QB …Don’t pick a WR…

22. bat says:

OK .. I’ve got to run ..It was great chatting with you good people again ..I’ll try to stop by a little more often to impart my invaluable wisdom (even though I know that will disappoint some) …lol

Later!

GDP go read it again. I said he isn’t the worst QB we have ever had.

You guys are really grasping at straws. If we had Denver’s D. If we had Dallas OL…. Why not if Tanny was as good as Trevor semien if Tanny was as good as Dak Prescott. I can tell you for certain he isn’t as good at reading a defense as Dak, no where near the pocket presence. Not as good with tge decision making either. Semien I don’t know well enough to make that call but he sure looks pretty good on offense, I don’t think the defense gas made him look good or that they are only winning because of the defense. uDFA…. Not 8th overall. 4th round selection, not 1st

Great job cutting gillislee lol.

Maybe we should cut his pay to what a WR would be, if you guys are so he’ll bent on keeping him, maybe TE

D, WTF are you talking about with taking Tanny criticism personal? I never even commented on him. I asked about Gillislee who has a whopping 36 yards this year. LOL

You jumped on that comment pretty hard and fast. Assumed it’s more from us “insulting” you favorite player.

Okay none of that makes sense and RT has never been my favorite player nor did he have anything to do with my Gillislee comment.

“Well that was two years ago and what he has done this year?” Whoa that was just crazy stuff I said there. LOL

I was watching the bills Pat’s game and watched Gill’s bust off a nice run, made a comment I have made in the past. He is a rotational guy there, but doesn’t change the fact he was a good RB. I like our guys I’m not suggesting they be replaced but when we cut him we cut a guy that was better than two other backs we kept.

28. 81Howie says:

Nice to see most here are in the market for a QB…
    I go all in 1st round. We should be pretty close to the top but maybe we can trade up a spot or 2 to get there.
    None of this mid round crap unless we want a guy who isnt no better than Tannehill

• the majority of the 1st rd guys this year are major reaches. Kelly may be the only legit 1st rd prospect right now, Kaaya, Watson and Kizer sure aren’t 1st rd prospects and the remainder of the qb class absolutely sucks.
      Trade Pouncey and try to get and extra 1st or high 2nd and build the D. Bring Doughty up from the ps and develop him the remainder of the year.
      That would be MY plan. Of course, I’m not the GM but Doughty’s better than 99% of the prospects in this next draft.

LOL @ Lou on Doughty being the better QB.
    Bear in mind, I was touting and pushing hard for us to get Doughty pre-draft….glad we got him, I am excited for the Davie native. But he was waived already, no one picked him up, so we got him back on the PS now.
    He did great things as a Hilltopper, but what has he shown you in this NFL level that has you so convinced he’ll be better than Tannehill on this team of misfits?
    I’d really like to know!

I don’t think he is currently a better option but I think they should bring him up and start him. Why? Because I think Tan y needs the same treatment as everyone else, if it will do them some good then shouldn’t it also do him some good? We learn what we have with Doughty, we send a message to Tanny. Win win. I do think some aspects off QB play will be a bit impeded and other aspects not as good but I’m not sure what we have to lose at this point, do you expect Tanny to miraculously wake up and pay great? Do you think from what you have seen so far we are going to turn things around and make a pair run? I’ll be glad to eat my words but I really do not see it. Look at my prediction for our sins and losses, I was optimist for the season, but I’m a realist and what I see isn’t what I had hoped for.

Cheats offense looks like shit today

I wish we would have done this to them when brisket played

I don’t know what we could not shit them down in the 2nd half
    We should have won that game

OK Tim, it just caught me as a real steel comment to something minor I said about Gill’s. Just way it read to me i guess

Why did you even bring up Tannehill?

Gillislee hasn’t really done much this year and I know that because I scour the waiver wire in FF so I was wondering why you said that and why you were so sensitive about my comment, it wasn’t me being sensitive. I know you’re a Gator fan and I like Gillislee too but he’ hasn’t done much this year. He has 59 yards rushing this year through 3.5 games.

I believe we released him due to fumbling issues.

so the idea then is the hell with building up the rest of the team and just draft an elite qb and that fixes everything. hmmmmm well that sounds simple i mean those elite qbs are all over the draft. i mean just look at that luck fellow, how he is eliting up the league.

bat had his rule of thumb, here is mine. none of you need to quit your day jobs for the general manager position

October 2, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Cheats offense looks like shit today

I wish we would have done this to them when brisket played

I don’t know what we could not shit them down in the 2nd half
    We should have won that game

cause the dolphins dont have an elite qb like buffalo does

FFR, RT is going to get a bulk of the criticism and he surely deserves a good amount of it because he’s had too many games where he can’t get the offense moving. But to ignore other issues with this team is a false sense of hope. There are a bunch of them.

tim

that is the point i am making. to think it is just go draft another qb and he is going to be elite is just foolish. those elite qb are out there 1 every few years. even a good qb isnt going to help this team. this is pretty much a horrible roster all over so to just want to draft a qb to fix it is foolish.

I know that’s what you meant. I don’t think it’s a horrible roster, just not very good. Not good enough to overcome some deficiencies.

The cheats refs doing all they can to keep them in the game. 3rd catch for a yard past the 1st down is marked back a yard and a half, overturned, 2 plays later bad holding call on dark Ritchie.

tim

if any team could take players off the fins roster they may r. jones and landry. that is it. are there others with potential yes, but not another single player would step in and start for any team. not even the biggest FA bust in the history of the league. he isnt a team player and basically sucks.

that alone i would say makes this a horrible roster

I have to agree with Tim from earlier. Gillislee is an average RB at best. Guy has 300 yards in his career so far. Nobody cares about that dude not even Rex.

The only reason we didn’t beat NE was we didn’t hurt Garrapolo fast enough. A full games of Brisket would have put us even for the year instead of where we are at. I’m at least enjoying all the loudmouth Pats fans I know hiding out so far today. Bandwagon indeed.

We were starting to get to Garoppolo before he went down too. But we allowed 10 more points to make it 31-3 before we got going. We played such a bad 1st half for most of it that I couldn’t believe what I was watching.

Patriots lose

Whoopee

October 2, 2016 at 3:43 pm

You’re forgetting a few more guys when you say every team.😉

i dont think so but if so what? maybe 1 or 2 other guys. whoppie

Julio Jones has 300 receiving yards today

300!!!

Julio Jones is a beast. 12-300 1 TD.

October 2, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Suh, Albert, Tunsil and Parker easy. Pouncey when healthy and yes Tannehill too. LOL

nobody would touch suh, he isnt a team player and just does what he wants. albert and pouncey are always hurt, parker so far has done a single thing and the same with tunsil. and the only reason anyone would touch tanny is cause of lauren

remember i said based on performance not based on potential

October 2, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Julio Jones has 300 receiving yards today

300!!!

yep. that cam newton fella sure does suck at covering him

9 ints for suckpatrick in the last two games. good damn thing he held out for that contract

Wow Derek Carr

steveccnv says:
    October 2, 2016 at 4:12 pm

9 according to red zone

He had 6 last week

And 3 today
    He threw an INT to end the game today

(Fitzpatrick)

carolina gives up 47 points and falls to 1-3. so how well is having and all world qb working out for them so far

October 2, 2016 at 4:22 pm

You’d still be wrong.😉

have no idea what that word means.

tanny should be used as trade bait for th 2017 draft going forward. I bet we can get a 2nd for him before draft.

Why? If he sucks why a 2nd rd pick for some other team? Makes no sense.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

because bradford sucks and he got a 1st. There will be a desperate team that says we can “fix tanny” and give up high draft pick for him. Obviously we haven’t been able to fix him with 3 different coordinators.

If you really believe that then Gase hasn’t had enough time.

USA
    USA
    USA

Ryder Cup Champions 🏆

Ryder Cup was fun to watch.

Hey Ryan, did you see Lynch just pump fake on his like 5th NFL drop back?

Signed,
    QB fatigue in Oviedo

Nice to see that “deplorable” Bat today.
    Only took Tannestiff 4 games to draw you out. He couldn’t even make it to October, lol
    My best to Mrs Bat

Wouldn’t it be something if Gabbert ends up being a really good QB? Lol

October 2, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Why? If he sucks why a 2nd rd pick for some other team? Makes no sense.

what the hell is wrong with you, dont you know anything about football. every single one of miami’s cast offs are worth 1st round picks. lou has already gotten the fins 5 #1 picks for pouncey. i am pretty sure misi will get them v. miller and all of denvers draft picks.

• this is the kind of nonsense that gets me. I make a statement and people blow it out of proportion and turn it into something I didn’t say. maybe you should be part of the national media since you know how to spin things so well.
      I’ve been told time and again Pouncey is an elite C because I’ve also had problems with him but when I bring up a trade for him and say we should be able to get a 1st for him now I’m being told it will never happen because of injuries and his contract.
      So, which one is it? I wish people would make up their minds because there are some on here who go back and forth as much as Trump does in his statements.
      If Pouncey can be traded, and we should be able to get a decent pick for him, I’m all for it. Get the high draft pick and turn it into someone on defense who can help the team.

for the second week in a row the bucs game gets delayed for the weather. at least when the fins suck up the stadium the fans dont have to sit around for a weather delay. so at least there is some good news being a fin fan

59. LOL @ GDP for thinking Tannehill is an NFL qb. Tell ME GDP. What has Tannehill done in his 4+ yrs as a phins qb that has you convinced he can play qb in the NFL because I have yet to see it.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    October 2, 2016 at 7:04 pm

lol relax dude, it is what is called sarcasm. i get what you mean about pouncey. and as far as blowing things out of proportions well you win that hands down with your hatred of the qb with a hot wife.

• How am I blowing things out of proportion. We have a qb we never should have drafted and we’ve been set back 5 yrs as a team because now the team thinks they have a coach who can fix him. Well, like Ron White says, “you can’t fix stupid.”

lou,

and for the record you never read me say anything about pouncey. i dont get it, all the love for him. i see him as average as best.

LOL @ Lou getting angry!!!

63. on the first scoring drive by Tamp today Winston was under pressure and had a guy grab his jersey from behind. he breaks free and starts running up the middle and another defender makes a grab at him and he runs thru it and scores from around the ten or closer.
    later, he’s got a jailbreak straight thru the line at him and he avoids it by moving to his left. then, on another play, he has Shane Ray coming right at him unblocked and he avoids him and makes something out of it.
    That’s 3 times he was under extreme pressure and didn’t go into a fetal position and take a sack. But, our qb is the ONLY qb in the league that faces pressure like that. The biggest difference is the other qb’s escape the pressure so I think people just brush it off. We have a qb that can’t do that. Another in a long line of major weaknesses on his part.

I was watching his TAMU highlights recently and its dominated by throwing on the run and anything that’s not standing in the pocket

I think people undermine how bad he is in the pocket
      And what a horrible effect it has had

64. What makes me think Doughty can run the offense better is a combination of what he did while in college and what he did in preseason. His reads are much better, he gets the ball out faster, he’s much more accurate throwing the ball, etc, etc, etc.
    Anything else? Seriously. Tannehill can’t do any of that. he’s go a strong arm and he can run with the ball if it’s a designed run and even on those it’s not like he’s picking up a ton of yards.

65. the thing I find funny is you’ve got two rookies in Prescott and Wentz doing well this year, first year in their offense and first year playing with the guys they have on their offense but it doesn’t seem to be a problem for them to have chemistry with their wr’s and te’s and it doesn’t seem to be a problem with them running their brand new offense.
    But, you’ve got a veteran qb who has trouble building chemistry with his skill players and learning a new offense, not to mention reading defenses. How does that work?

66. Put it this way. If Brandon Doughty puts the amount of work in that people say Tannehill puts in he will surpass Tannehill by the end of the season because it’s pretty obvious Doughty’s football IQ is a hell of a lot higher than Tannehill’s.

lmao @ lou.

you dont blow anything out of proportions. you talk about winston but you fail to say he also has only thrown for 145 yards and has 2 ints. the first on the opening drive which just destroyed the team. but yeah you go on with your blind irrational hate of tanny

• my point IS that other qb’s have to face the same type of pressure as Tannehill but so many people out there must watch phins games and no other teams play because they don’t realize that fact.
      Whether he had a bad game or not is inconsequential. The fact is he had pressure as bad as what Tannehill has faced and fans make a huge deal about and he escaped.
      Face it. Tannehill was a horrible pick and he’s never going to be any good. If this team doesn’t move on from him soon enough you may as well change teams because we’ll be in the cellar for the foreseeable future.

werent the rams after the first game the worst team in the history of football and now they are 3-1

Sigh.
    It really sucks that the most enjoyment I usually get from Sundays now is when the Pets lose.
    How have long time Browns and Lions fans survived decades of futility? We’ve been dealing with it for about 15 years and I’m ready to quit watching.

lmfao, oh ok i get it, it is ok if the qb can escape a jail break and throw int’s but if he takes sacks then he is horrible. yep, you are completely rationale in your hate of him.

and dont go with the ‘face it’ parts, i didnt like the pick when they did it. i thought they needed a lot more help and he was a reach as a solution for a qb.

i just think there are way more areas to focus on then just your non stop talk about how bad one single player is.

lou,

you do also realize this team is two defensive stops from being 3-1. i dont know a qb who plays great for 4 qtrs they all stuggle at times in games. it happens. i get most here demand tanny be something he isnt for 4 qtrs but if the def stopped the shehawks or the cheats at the end of the game when every one knew they were going to run, this team could be 3-1 with that god awful qb

72. yeah, when we were all talking about tannehill before the draft I was one person who was saying it was a mistake. there may have been one or two others who agreed with me. when the pick was made, same thing.
    now, just about everyone here is saying they never liked the pick. okay!!

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    October 2, 2016 at 7:50 pm

because there’s other areas that need an upgrade but there’s not one single player on the team who’s doing as much damage to it and is as big a reason for it’s lack of success as tannehill is. that’s why.

so basically you are saying cause other positions have multiple players you cant focus on them. you can only focus on one players……and you call yourself a professor

• on the contrary. focus on the defense and make it the strength of the team. bring Doughty ups from the ps and develop him and stop wasting valuable resources on trying to make Tannehill into something he’s not or not ever going to be.
      if Tannehill were able to complete a simple short pass on a third down to keep a drive alive then the defense wouldn’t need to be on the field so much.
      I guess you also forgot that tannehill threw 2 int’s vs the pats but it’s the defenses fault they didn’t make the stop late in the game to give us more time on O to try and win the game. He threw the pass into the endzone for the tie and overthrew his wr and didn’t even give him a chance to make a play on the ball. typical.

• you’re looking at one player on offense who’s responsible for 95% of the issues the offense is facing. there’s not one player on the D who’s responsible for 95% of the problems the D is facing.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    October 2, 2016 at 7:55 pm

yep, because it’s always the defenses fault we didn’t win.

lmfao says the guy who only blames the qb. dont know if you know it or not but it is a team game

• look at the last game. we scored 7 pts early and didn’t put another pt up on the board after that. the D kept us in the game for almost the entire game but we couldn’t score again.
      I don’t know if you’re aware of this but the team that puts the most points on the board wins and the offense not scoring in the entire first half or in the entire game has been an issue. That’s not on the D. but go ahead and blame the D.
      Same shit, different day.
      As long as Tannehill is the qb of this team it’s going nowhere. It’s not “hate” it’s a fact. The kid is a dummy and doesn’t know how to play the position. But, go ahead, turn around the conversation like Piggy says people do. Deflect it away from the biggest problem the team has. Poor qb play. When a D constantly goes on the field because the offense can’t move the ball what do you think is going to happen?
      if you play defense on this team and you go out there week after week knowing you’ve got a qb who can’t get this team into the endzone how motivated are YOU going to be to go out there and bust your ass; especially when the offense is constantly going 3 and out.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    October 2, 2016 at 8:01 pm

i find this one of the funniest things you say. ok so build up the team and dont waste resources on tanny but lets waste them on a 7th round draft pick with a weak arm. back to that irrational stuff

• what does draft position have to do with anything? who cares if he’s a 7th rd pick. Siemian was a 7th rd pick and nowhere nearly as accomplished a college qb as Doughty was.
      Also, who cares about draft position when it’s obvious the 7th rd pick is a much better option than the failed first rd pick.
      We’ve seen what Tannehill can do and it ain’t much. So, do YOU want to continue to waste time on a qb that isn’t going to do anything for your team?
      Chances are, that’s what they do anyway because I’ve lost faith there’s anyone smart enough in the phins org to see it.

Record Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
    1 -3 77 133 57.9 33.2 974 7.3 243.5 6 5 45 33.8 78T 12 2 13 80.2
    1 -3 88 138 63.8 34.5 1,081 7.8 270.2 6 5 46 33.3 74T 17 3 11 87.3

Which QB is better? they both start for 1-3 teams. QB#1’s fans aren’t calling for the backup….

October 2, 2016 at 3:51 pm

But all we had to do was stop them in the 3rd qtr

No, all we had to do was stop them ONCE in the first 5 mins of the game.

‘I don’t know if you’re aware of this but the team that puts the most points on the board wins ‘

omg are you serious. i never knew that. i wonder if anyone else knows that. have you been keeping that info to yourself this whole time. dammmmmmnnnn, ok i agree tanny has to go, lets just run him out of town. shit this whole time only if i knew that. hell who needs the other 21 players lets just find a qb who will score more then anyone else that seems so much easier

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    October 2, 2016 at 8:15 pm

he is a 7th round pick for a reason but i get you know more then anyone getting paid to draft players. that is why you are the professor.

• you’ve also heard the draft isn’t a perfect science. people make mistakes all the time. how many 1st rd draft busts have there been? quite a few, heh? but, teams pick players in the first rd all the time they reach for; especially qb’s and they don’t work out.
      but, yeah, teams don’t make mistakes in the draft. Brady drafted late, Sherman drafted in the 5th, and do you think the Chargers and Phins made a mistake on Brees? How many qb’s has this team drafted since Marino and still hasn’t gotten it right but, yeah, these guys drafting the players all know what the hell they’re doing.
      how many of Ireland’s players are still with the team and how many have panned out after leaving? but, yeah, they know what they’re doing.
      I’ll beat the dead horse. we could have had Earl Thomas but we passed. We could have had Keuchly and we passed. So, we passed on the sure things and took marginal players instead. But, yep. They know what they’re doing.

rock,

dont try it. the problem with this team isnt the def not being about to stop anyone, it is the qb not putting up 74 points a game

this is funny it is fucking coming down here and house is shaking with the lightning and thunder and the bucs game still isnt finished. they maybe playing it in the middle of the night

since when the the nfl become nascar and this god awful shit show of opening the game with some stupid lame ass country music. cant tell you how many times i have just changed the station and then never went back to watch it.

country music is the devil

lou,

i enjoy chatting with you and ok i get it, you hate tanny and dont want to look at any other parts of the team. i just choose to get that this magical qb you want doesnt exist. hell the fins had one for years and didnt win a damn thing with the greatest passing qb ever. i just choose to focus on fixing the parts of the team that are way worse them him.

it takes a team to win a SB, just ask dan marino

• guess you don’t read my comments or ignore them. I’ve said, we concentrate on making the D better and make it the strength of the team. I’ve been saying for the longest time the LB’s on this team suck but nope. Misi is solid. Jenkins is good but it’s his injuries that kept him off the field. Well, they both suck. Time to move on from them and bring in some real LB’s.
      We also need to start replacing the aging DE’s we’ve got so we need to get at least one in the next draft as well. We can use at least one starting G in the next draft.
      I think we can accomplish all 3 if we do things right in the next draft.
      But, like you said. We could just as easily be 3-1 and you say it’s because the D couldn’t make a stop. I say we could be 4-0 if not for a qb that NO defense in the league fears. he can’t get it done. Time to move on.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    October 2, 2016 at 8:22 pm

lol @ 74 pts. this putz can’t even put up 17

its all ok, i am sure if he did put up 74 the defense would give up 80 and you would still blame it on him

lou,

not sure what you are getting at there. yep if anyone knew how to draft a team would never lose and have the best players ever. but dont go kidding yourself that since it isnt a perfect science that you know just as much as the people that do it for a living and 24/7

what blog do you read, i have never heard anyone say that on here.

and ok, you are right time to move on. your blind hatred at times just makes it boring to talk to you and hear you say the same things over and over and over and over and over. tanny is the reason for all things dolphins sucking, i get it. but i am also moving on. i want a total team, you want to hate a qb.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    October 2, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Rob,
    there’s one thing that IS for sure. I was right when I said we shouldn’t draft Tannehill and all it did was set us back.

lmfao, have an ego there much. you are so blinded by hate for the guy you cant even see how idiotic some of your comments are.

lou,

i do get this, trust me i do, i had the same kind of dislike for that weak arm noodle fiedlier or how ever to spell his damn name. wanny wasted a def that was good and could have won on the shit qb. so i do get the dislike for one player

I posted this on the other blog, didn’t realize we had a new one up.

October 2, 2016 at 1:32 pm (Edit)

D

I think Tannehill easily has the most talented Offensive weapons he’s ever had to work with this season. Just keep in mind who his HC was , where that HC is now, and who his receivers were in year 1. HC Joe Philbin, WR’s Brian Hartline , Davone Bess, (R) Rishard Matthews, Marlon Moore and Jabar Gafney, and TE Anthony Fasano, and H-back (R) Charles Clay. The next year brought Mike Wallace, and the development of Charles Clay, but the O-line, if you could call it that, Jonathan Martin at LT, Incognito LG, Pouncey C, Jerry RG and Tyson Clabo RT. Clabo was a freaking turnstile, and Martin wasn’t much better until we got Bryant McKinnie from the Ravens.

I think Gase is doing a lot more roster evaluation than he is trying to win games right now. Sounds crazy, but if you look at what he’s doing, it’s hard to argue against that. I’m not going to convince you that Tannehill still deserves a chance, but if we have to invest in drafting what you would say is a potential top 10 QB, we’re going have to that at the expense of defense again. I’d like to see Gase really game plan and use his best players out there, stick with a RB for 1 game, and see what we can do.
    ************************************************
    Piggy – Is Beckwith a 1st RD prospect at this point? Keep in mind for those people who are already convinced Tannehill sucks, that pick is going to a QB

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says:
    October 2, 2016 at 8:42 pm

jealous much?

yeah i kind of am. but one day i am going to nail one of those cheerleaders. but what does that have to do with anything

October 2, 2016 at 8:42 pm

I posted this on the other blog, didn’t realize we had a new one up.

should have just left that on the other blog

cant believe the stupid decision to bring that out of the endzone. dammit tanny it is all your fault

These perennial losers can still make something of the season. If we can win the next four home games, all against AFC teams and two against the Bills and Jets we can be 5-3 with a 5-2 conference record and a 3-1 Div record before heading to California for three straight weeks.

I’m not saying I expect them to do it or even that I feel it’s likely but it’s possible.

We close the season against Jets Bills Pats in that order. It would be nice if those games meant something.

Offense: 23rd in yards and 27th in scoring.
    Defense: 25th in yards and 16th in PA.

That will add up to 1-3.

Man!
    At least we aren’t the Sean smith led Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here’s to being 5-0 at the Rock!

97. naplesfan2010 says:

13 teams are 1-3 incl “elite” teams Arizona and Carolina. 3 or 4 teams with Heisman QBs are 1-3. The last yr’s MVP QB Cam Newton is 1-3. Andrew Luck is 1-3. Drew Brees is 1-3. Phil Rivers is 1-3. Matt Stafford, Carson Palmer, Blake Bortles, Mariota, and Winston … all 1-3.

It’s not and never has been. The problem is RT is not progressing. We keep seeing the same game over and over. If we win a few in a row the skipping will commence. LOL

BoulderPhinfan says:
    October 2, 2016 at 5:13 pm

There will be a desperate team willing to trade for Tanny….Hmmm. Could it be that top fight QB’s must be hard to come by, and it’s mostly a team game, with 53 on a roster and all. 😉

So when we do get rid of this Tannyshit, then what? We went thru 17 QB’s since Marino until we drafted one in the 1st round. He was the 3rd one taken.

Luck is struggling, has a lot of TO’s too….RG3 is near driving for UPS, Cousins isn’t all that, and But Wilson is definitely great….especially when his defense shuts down the other team, and when his coach stays committed to running with Beastmode, and now other solid RB’s.

Naples, great point…I was saying the same at a football pool party earlier today.
    Plus the Jills & Seahawks did Miami a solid with the Pats & Jests losing & Miami getting ready to go on a 4 game homestand that “could” get us right back in the thick of things if Gase can get the “TEAM” to put it all together more consistently on both sides of the ball.

‘How can anyone think QB is the sole or even main reason for being 1-3 after looking at that list?’

it is just cause we dont know football. some of us think it is a team game but we are just stupid and wrong and it is just a qb game. it is all you need to win sb’s. ANNNNNDDDDD once again i will say just ask dan marino

‘if Gase can get the “TEAM” to put it all together more consistently on both sides of the ball.’

lol getter,

you are so dumb. it isnt a team game. it is only up to the qb. just laughing so hard and you and the team thing. some people just dont know football…..smh team game, what an idiot

NE next 4 games: 3 on the road….@ Cleve, home for Cincy, @ Pitt, @ Buff who just beat them.

Buffalo next 4 games: @ LA Rams, home vs San Fran, @ Miami, home vs NE.

Jests next 4 games: @ Pitt, @ Arizona, home vs Balt, @ Clev, then @ Miami.

103. naplesfan2010 says:

There are lots of things wrong with our team, and that’s why we are 1-3.

But one of the facts is that we have played against 4 of the best HCs in the whole NFL.
    Gase (and Vance Joseph) have been outcoached in every game incl the one we won.
    The 3 losses came against 3 of the longest tenured coaches in the league.
    I really think the Cincy game was lost as soon as it was a Thursday game.
    Visiting teams rarely win those because it is so hard to plan for them. The team has to rest after a Sunday game and they have to fly, so that leaves exactly one day to “practice” and with one of the youngest teams in the NFL as we have, we were doomed against a homestanding veteran team with all the infrastructure in place. Gase has never been in charge of a whole operation before.

104. naplesfan2010 says:

Everybody please remember that Gase is a first year HC and Joseph is a first yr DC.
    If they are as smart and talented and “sought-after” as everyone says they were, then they will grow and learn very fast and the Wins will soon begin to come more and more often.

naples,

that is kind of cure and all. mean with all the excuses about going against 4 of the best head coaches and all. but no one is fooled here. seems to be everyone but you knows it is all cause of the qb. had nothing to do with anything else then the qb.

you know it is about time you get with the program

Bekwith is a tad slow!

107. naplesfan2010 says:

I did not hear anyone remind everyone that Kevin Coyle is the DB coach of Cincy now, and surely he has been studying Tannehill up close and from a deep insider perspective for years. No wonder our WRs had so much trouble getting open. Also Bill Lazor is Cincy’s QB coach, and there is someone else who knows Tannehill intimately to help thwart his strengths and exploit his weaknesses.

108. naplesfan2010 says:

If I only look at that game tape above, I am not impressed with Beckwith at all.

I don’t think anyone is blaming the first year HC and DC. I don’t think anyone says our players are really good and just one guy is holding them back. I think most are saying that Tanny hasn’t been a good QB this year and most of his career. We can look at guys like Brees, and Cam and say, “Look, look,, look”, but they have gotten past 7-9 at some point. They have had that one or more great year. Year 5…same garbage. Same old garbage and the same old mistakes, and the same old everything. That’s on Tannehill. He isn’t improving at the rate that he needs to.

I don’t want shitty Ryan Fitzhill in 5 years and still hear the same crowd saying, ” if only the defense held them more. Tanny is almost there folks. Give him another 5 and he WILL get it!” Nope. He’s got this year or next depending on contract. He’s had that solid chance to show something. It hasn’t happened and most likely wont at this point.

110. naplesfan2010 says:

OK so it is execution then?
    We had a rookie UDFA at CENTER. Shouldn’t that hurt execution for a few key plays each game; just enough bad snaps or bad protection calls to lose against the elite coaches we had to play?

Yes all of that adds up. Not so much the coaches but mathcup issues. You can’t lose too many one on one battles or the game changes.

111. naplesfan2010 says:

We started a rook CB all year. All it takes is 2-3 mistakes a game @CB to lose the whole thing, which is expected of a rookie matching wits with HCs old enough to be his grandfather.

112. naplesfan2010 says:

I see the same things everyone sees from Tannehill. If this were a different sport, it would be easier to say his flaws doom the team.
    But they don’t.
    He has broken some of Marino’s records, he has thrown for more yards in his first 4 years than all but 3 or 4 other QBs, he holds the NFL record for most completions in a row, his stats have improved every year, he’s had some really iffy coaching and a historically bad OL to overcome.

If you are going to call out his flaws, which I also do, you must be fair and cite his positives and what he has had to contend with while trying to succeed in a very rough sport.

‘I don’t want shitty Ryan Fitzhill in 5 years and still hear the same crowd saying, ” if only the defense held them more.’

oh okay. so it is okay to have excuses for the defense but not for the qb. i am really starting to get this. the heck with any other aspect of the team, all a team needs is a qb. kind of just like denver last year. that was all they needed to win a SB

114. naplesfan2010 says:

I too get sick to see Dak Prescott have such early success and wonder why Tannehill can’t do that. Then I look at Ezekiel Elliott ripping off hundreds of yds rushing through holes you could drive a BMW through. We can’t even run for a 3rd and 1.

I could go get a beer while the Cowboys OL pass protects and still return in time to watch the pass.

Anybody want to compare the reliability of Witten vs our TEs? Everyone says that a solid TE is a young QB’s best friend. We let Charles Clay get away, and there’s been almost no one else there.

115. naplesfan2010 says:

Anybody notice how much worse Kirk Cousins looks without Alfred Morris bulldozing for extra yards?

I agree that the Cowboys have one of the best offenses in the league. But what about Wentz? Siemian? Kessler, Lynch, etc,etc,etc? Also, Tannehill regressed last year(to be expected though). He still hasn’t been as good(stat wise at this point) as two years ago this year. Lots and lots of TOs too. You aren’t going to win if your QB is giving away the ball as much as he’s producing TDs. That’s Tannehill this year. That’s Cutler, Fitzpatrick, etc territory. Hold the ball with both hands! Get some pocket presence after 5 years. If Gase is benching people for doing poorly, then Tannehill needs to put himself in the line.

naples,

just stop, no one cares about all your intelligent points. all that is cared about it you just blame the qb. will you please stop making rationale points and just blame tanny for everything

naplesfan2010 says:
    October 2, 2016 at 9:57 pm
    But they don’t.

Post of the decade! ^^^

Let’s see a body of work before everyone gets too high on guys. It can change in an instant and often does.

120. naplesfan2010 says:

Kessler is nothing. He’s played a game and a half and won neither.
    Wentz has not had to go to Seattle and play the 12th man, the Legion of Boom, and the guru of DB holding.
    Nor has he had to go into fuxboro and play Darth Vadar with no helmet audio.
    Siemian has the best D in football to lift his spirits and give him short fields and early leads, a veteran Super Bowl winning HC, and no oxygen for his opposing teams to breathe.
    Plus he has 2 All pro WRs and besides, he’s already hurt.
    Tannehill has been hammered over and over and over and he is still fighting.

that was just a horrible call. that guy had one foot in bounds then landed out of bounds. why have replay if you are going to over turn shit against the nfl darlings

No one is ignoring other issues FFR, we just don’t continue to ignore one if the big ones. Team has to be good around the QB for sure but QB, like it or believe it or not, is a big part of a team, and it’s performance.

123. naplesfan2010 says:

ok gotta crash
    PS: I do think Tannehill takes too many sacks.
    So do Big Ben and Aaron Rogers. And you see tonight the difference between having a Running game and last week when Ben did not have LeVeon and last year when Rogers did not have Lacy or anyone else running (and no Mr automatic at WR).

Tanny needs to improve, but that also comes with being able to have a run game to slow the pass rush down a tad, and for receivers to get open quicker so he can do the quick release thing that they do in NE.
    Then we’ll talk about the defense too…. 😉

• yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda.
      slow the pass rush down. yep. because no other qb in the league has to deal with pressure. just tannehill. does anyone here watch other football games or just the phins and assume that other qb’s don’t face pressure like tannehill and move around to escape the pressure and create something or get rid of the ball to avoid the sack?
      doesn’t anyone ever recall other qb’s doing that?
      really, this “blind” defense of a failed first rd bust is getting old.

D says:
    October 2, 2016 at 10:33 pm

No one is ignoring other issues FFR

wrong, that is bull. all this blog is about is bashing the qb only. no one talks about the other issues on the team. i get it, the qb isnt an elite qb but tell me does anyone really think if marino in his prime was on this team it would be any better then any team marino was on. still no defense that can ever stop another team when they need too. but hey i get it, it is only fun and easy to just focus on the easy target

• seriously? if marino was on this team right now it would be 4-0 especially with the weapons he’s got to work with.
      lol. now that’s funny stuff right there.

I’m definitely not ignoring other issues but because I call him out for his you have said I’m putting it all on him. You watch the same crappy games, can you say with a straight face you think he is a franchise worthy guy? Woukd you want to keep him for the next 5 years?

• doesn’t matter that he stands there holding the ball out in his right hand where pressure is coming from and has his entire left where he can move to avoid pressure and buy time or even throw it away but nope. he holds it out there like “here it is. knock it out of my hands.” damn. even Wentz, a rookie, knows you need to have ball security with two hands on the ball when you’re back there.
      but our failed first round bust 5th yr qb doesn’t.

What are his positives Naples….

127. naplesfan2010 says:

ok Lou
    Tannehill is tall, lean, fast, tough, smart, and has a strong arm. These are facts. Marino even said Tannehill has a rifle arm.
    Tannehill works hard, studies long hours, never gives up, never throws his teammates under the bus, and never whines or pouts.
    Tannehill is a good person that a fan can root for, a good role model for kids, and a fine citizen.
    He’s not a rapist, a druggie, a jerk, a prima donna, a thug, nor a political or social liability.

He has at best an average arm but he don’t know how to use it. What you described is a great cheerleader or a great community service guy. You aren’t describing what’s needed to be a great QB. He seems like a great guy and on a social level I’m sure he is a outstanding person, but to lead this team he kinda has to play the position better. Let him stay on and work in the FO, but let’s get someone who can be a great guy but also play QB, those do exist.

Also if he works so hard and studies, why haven’t we seen the results on the field. You know what they call engineers who study hard but can’t apply what they have learned….. Unemployed

• he’s got a strong arm and athletic ability. other than that there’s nothing. smart? who says? he’s as dumb as they come.
      and if he works and studies as hard as everyone says he does and the light still hasn’t come on he’s definitely a dummy.
      he doesn’t throw his teammates under the bus? most of the failure of the offense is on him. you can argue that all you want but THAT’s a fact. yet, he stands there and says, “we didn’t get it done.” There’s only one thing he should be saying, “I didn’t get the job done and the fact we didn’t move the ball on offense is on me.” That’s it.
      3rd and short with a wide open TE and he can’t make a simple throw for the completion to keep the drive alive. WTF! And people are going to defend him.
      He Sucks!!!

Seriously, all of you protecting Tanny is this your guy for the next 5 years, are you wanting to hand him this team and it’s future. Is this your guy?

Lou, of course other QB’s face pressure, but not at the rate our QB does, or as fast many times.
    A lack of a running game is what’s contributing to that a lot.
    Yes Tanny needs to improve there, but so does the playcalling a designs by Gase and his yet another new offense for everybody to learn.
    Even the announcers were speaking about how Dalton has had the same offense & coaches for 5+ years and Tanny is goin on his 3rd + offense & HC, etc etc…..it’s like being a rookie every year almost…lol
    No continuity.

Dude, the shit he sucks at had nothing to do with scheme of who he has had as a coach.

That’s an excuse like a lot of the stuff that gets said about him. You guys know that the OL has also has the same thing, the RBs, the TEs the defense….. But all that has to be reworked for Tanny to be better…. really…. really!

• you’re wrong about the pressure. yeah other qb’s do face a lot of pressure. watch Rodgers with GB and see how often he faces pressure. problem is you might not think of it that way because he recognizes it and starts to move when he see’s it.
      tannehill doesn’t see it and he stands there and by the time he starts to move it’s too late. we saw Dalton getting pressure like Tannehill did early on and he moved up in the pocket and then to his right and bought time and made a throw for a completion. tannehill got stripped and fumbled the ball in the same situation.
      the defense of this guy is really puzzling because I agree with D. Do you REALLY want him to be your franchise QB for the next 5 yrs because I sure as hell don’t.
      Yeah, we’ve got other problems on the team. We need to elevate the LB play. We’ve had trouble stopping the run. We had trouble against the Bengals passing game.
      But, on the offensive side of the ball the biggest issue by far is the qb. When he can’t complete simple passes to keep a drive going you’re dead in the water. You have to throw the ball in today’s league to win consistently and when you have a qb that NO defense in the league fears it’s not going to happen.

130. naplesfan2010 says:

And he is good under pressure where PFF defines it (not the pressure as in being far behind in the first half) as blitzes, jail breaks, etc. He received the 6th most pressure rushes of any QB and yet finished 3rd best in the whole NFL against DL pressure, according to PFF.

Ok Tanny sucks and he’ll never win another game….there, you guys happy. Now all is right with the team when they figure that out, then their play will improve as they magically & suddenly get it.

Still don’t hear any commitments to him being your guy for the next 5….

I’d like for Gase to develop throughout the year and be our HC for the next 5+ years, and hopefully if he is the QB guru as the football expert world and former players have made him out to be, then yes, I’d like to see Tanny grow with him in a stable environment.

4 straight home games including a bye the next 5 weeks. There’s our season. Don’t take advantage of that then I have nothing else to say.

133. naplesfan2010 says:

I agree he has too many passes batted down and that’s related to his tendency to stare down his intended receiver, because no one is getting open half the time and sometimes he would rather take a sack than give up on a play or risk an INT.
    And sometimes he seems to get frustrated at the lack of opportunities because of poor pass pro, so he throws when he is getting his arm hit which causes INTs.

He also knows nothing about passing lanes, they aren’t magic, you have to slide one way or the other to get a clear one sometimes

• oh man. this is getting old. not even close to being true. his problem is he can’t process information fast enough and his progressions are terrible. by the time he see’s the open guy it’s too late to make the throw and he holds the ball too long.
      okay, I’ll go there again. watch the coaches film and see how many times he has at least two targets to throw to and he doesn’t see them.
      he can’t even throw a simple bubble screen on target. I’ve been down this road before and I’m not doing it again. his negatives far outweigh his positives because there’s still too much about his game that needs to be corrected and I’d like to see the team make the playoffs again before I die so I hope the team doesn’t waste any more time trying to fix everything that needs fixing because it’s not going to happen.

I’ve been watching his play and he doesn’t just miss one opportunity he misses about 3-4 on plays that end up bad. There are times when he gets a jail break and either no protection is called to pick it up or the OL really just doesn’t do their job, but there is an equal or more so amount where he just doesn’t pick it up. Bad reads, missed opportunity to scramble out of pressure or step to a clear passing lane.

So Tanny needs 5 more years to develop? Damn that’s a worse feeling about him than I actually have

We’ve played the coaching shuffle & QB shuffle for years following Don & Dan….after 9 HC’s & 17 QB’s we got Tanny who has shown more promise than we had for 13+years…..be careful what you wish for by dumping him only to find ourselves in the same problem a dozen or more teams are in at the QB spot…..just sayin.

136. naplesfan2010 says:

QB is different from other positions. Benching a QB can disrupt an entire team.
    I’m not Ryan’s daddy. If we can find a better QB, then he should play instead.
    But he won’t win either with an OL that can’t block and rookies at key coaching and skills positions and last game we had 8 starters out. How is that the QB’s fault? Our guards were so bad last year that we started 4 tackles this yr. How is that the QB’s fault? We were rated as having the worst CB’s in the NFL. How is that the QB’s fault? Our LB’s are bad at covering TEs and RBs and worse at stopping the run. How is that the QB’s fault?

• I, for one, believe the team as a whole doesn’t believe in tannehill and doesn’t believe he’s the guy who can get them to the playoffs. I think the defense doesn’t have faith the offense can score with him as the qb and I don’t think the guys on offense have much faith in him either.
      I think the offensive line is probably tired of taking ALL the blame for the pressure, sacks, hits, etc on tannehill because they see him just standing there and not even trying to move in the pocket like other qb’s do.
      I also think the wr’s and te’s are wondering what the hell he’s doing holding onto the ball when they see that they are getting open and he still has the ball in his hand.
      So, yeah, benching a qb can also have a positive effect on a team.
      The team plays with no emotion and IMO it’s because the leader of the offense is no leader.

137. I’d rather the team makes the decision to not put anymore time into trying to develop tannehill any further and admit there’s nothing there and move on.
    4 games into the season with what he’s got to work with and he can’t get it done it’s never going to happen. other qb’s in this league would die to have the weapons tannehill has on his offense and he’s out there making sucking sounds with it.
    Move on. Admit it was a mistake to draft him and the RT1P8 experiment is a failure.

D, start whoever you want at QB, I said 4 straight home games with a bye in the mix the next 5 weeks. I root for the Miami Dolphins, not just the QB. That’s our season or would you disagree?

I agree, though I’m not sure the season isn’t over Tim. There is 0 chance we keep playing like this and change the direction of our season. You think that can be fixed in 10 days?

I have no idea how Lou feels about Tannehill and Doughty.

Naples benching a QB doesn’t always disrupt a team and I’d call us pretty disrupted already. I’m not saying it has to be done, but look at it from other players perspective, I’m getting punished but this guy is laying down a big ole stinker and he doesn’t gets shit done to him….

I put a new blog up
    it was supposed to go up tomorrow but wharves

142. naplesfan2010 says:

So what was your prediction for this year so far? 1-3? Mine too.
    So what are you bitchin about?

I am actually pleased with how well we did in Seattle, and not unhappy with how well we did in Boston. Those are known to be very tough places to win for visiting teams. We beat Cleveland.

I think the record for visiting teams on Thursday night games is about one third victories, so that deck was already stacked against us also.

Mike that was directed at GDP

144. he passes the ball 41 times a game and gets pressure on 4 to 6 of those plays but he was under pressure ALL game.

145. naplesfan2010 says:

ok well Tannehill might not be the answer at QB, but ranting about it hasn’t convinced me.

I don’t really care who plays QB as long as Fede is not hitting the punter 20 seconds late and the KR men are not dancing on the end zone line and the center is not rolling the ball back there to the QB and the WRs and TEs aren’t dropping TDs and the tacklers aren’t tackling and the blockers aren’t blocking and where is that pass rush we were supposed to have anyway?

I understand why D and Lou and others are so angry. I hate losing and I especially hate the way we have been losing these last few years. But i see lots of bad play and rookie mistakes and rookie coaching, so I just don’t think the QB is the whole problem.

Gotta go watch TV, now that KC is mounting a comeback.

Give it time we’ll know who Tannehill is at years end. With the brutal schedule and long list of injuries to open the season, we need to be patient, because there’s nothing else we can do. I suppose I could say fuck it, and become an LV Raiders fan, but you don’t hear me saying that.

Seems others teams like the Panthers are struggling too without a running game.

RT needs to figure out the mental part of the game, before he becomes a franchise QB. Maybe he even needs to have Gase watch film with to show him what he isn’t seeing. Fuck, I could watch the tape and show him.