Ask Mike – 2016 Season Week 9

ASKMIKELogo

from Piggy

Q – Oinks Mike

So I know we are running the ball well with Ajayi carrying a heavy load.  And I love watching Ajayi run – I can do that all game long.  But do you think we are going to work in some carries from other RBs?  I particularly am curious about Drake who seems to have disappeared the last couple of games.  But with Foster’s retirement – is there a glimmer of oink for Drake?

Trotter Salutations

Pigsgerald

I think Ajayi is going to get the majority of the carries, and with good reason. He’s a proven workhorse. He did at Boise St., and he;s now done it 2 games in a row, to the tune of 418 yards, on 54 carries, for an insane 7.74 yards per carry. Drake or Williams can’t match that. Williams is most likely the 1st guy up to spell Ajayi, but I think at some point, Drake will get some carries. I’d ride Ajayi until he gives us a reason not to.

Keep in mind Drake was used sparingly at Alabama, as he was stuck behind the bulldozing Derrick Henry. He never carried the ball 100 times in a season. Obviously, Ajayi most likely won’t be able to handle 27 carries a game, so at some point, we’re going to have to lessen his load. IMO, as much as you want to see Drake, I want to see Carroo. At least in Drake’s case, Ajayi is performing at such a high level, it’s understandable that he take a back seat, but Parker hasn’t been doing much of anything, and despite his lofty draft status, he has to produce to get snaps, and I think maybe it’s getting time to see what Carroo can do for us. I also don’t see Drake running aggressively like Ajayi, but we know he has the speed to break one, so maybe we just get a few plays for him where we try to get him moving in space, a little pass out of the backfield, or in the slot. Ajayi has given us the identity of a tough running team, and I want it to stay that way. Maybe late in the game if Ajayi has tired the opposing defense, Drake can come in  and beat a tired defense. That would be a good start for him.
____________________________________________________

from Stanger

Q -What is most likely against the Jets?  (and you lose if you pick #1 or #2 and #3 is also right)

1 — 100+ rushing yards for Ajayi
2 — 300+ passing  yards for Tanny
3 — both
4 — none of the above

stanger

I think there’s a pretty good chance of 3 happening. I’m pretty sure we will run enough to keep the jets defense from just playing the pass, and I think in doing so, Ajayi will get at least 20 carries. True, the Jets defense isn’t the Bills or Steelers, but I think running the ball is an attitude, and I think we have it now. I think we’re going to make it happen, because we’re committed to doing it. Hey man, the Bears ran all over the vaunted Vikings defense, so it can happen. I think the success of the run game will continue to feed the success of the pass game. Better protection, the defense off balance and tired, and I think with those 2 factors working for us, Tannehill will get it done. I think Landry is going to have a big game, and maybe Parker wakes up from his slumber, but Kenny Stills is going to make at least 1 big play for us.

Look for Ajayi with about 125 and a TD, and Tannehill at just about 300-310, with 3 TD’s. Dolphins fans go crazy everywhere!!
____________________________________________________

from Twice The The

Q – Hey Mike E – I feel the Jets are going to come out determined to stop the run, and therefore the schemes on offense to disguise, exploit and take advantage of the that through the air will be vital. Do you think the Dolphins passing game plan on offense is going to be the most important aspect of the Jets game on Sunday?

TwiceTheThe

It will be a match of wills then, because I believe we have the attitude that we can and WILL run the ball. I think there’s a chance that a couple of pass plays open up the run a little more, but make no mistake, we will be running the ball, and my guess is at least 20-30 times. You know the Bills knew we had plans of running, and they couldn’t stop us. Yes, the jets have more talent on their front 7 than the Bills do, but I think our perseverance and aggressiveness will pay off.

No matter what, we can’t be one dimensional, and that means both ways, either too run heavy, or too pass happy. We need balance, and I think as long as we maintain some balance, we’ll continue to do well on offense. That also feeds the defense, because it keeps TOP in our favor, keeps the defense rested. I chose the score of 28-16 Dolphins because I really think we can do that. Usually, I’m not as careful picking my score, but I believe it’s what is going to happen. We’re going to run well, hit some pass plays, and then on defense, the Jets will be punting early and often, and I expect at least 2 NYJ turnovers. Forte has yet to go over 100 yards, and even when they’ve run the ball a lot, meaning 30 times, he ran for exactly 100, which is a low 3.33 YPC. I expect us to get up on the Jets, and that will make it harder for them to run. No Franks and beans Sunday, he’ll be busy kicking 4 extra points, and kicking off, but otherwise, he will be well rested.

This is NOT the Dolphins of the last decade or so!
____________________________________________________

Now for some more Fest pics . . .

p1060659

Hard Rock – Making it hard for visitors to win baby!

p1060686

Getting ready for some pre – game fun!

p1060643

Digging the retro endzone!

p1060648

OD very happy with the Dolphins play!

p1060650

Rock standing the F – – –  up!

p1060653

Bookman and Rock enjoying the game, and Piggy wondering about the legal effects of being viewed in social media

And now for the babe of the week . . .

susanna-hoffs-estrella-musical

This entry was posted in Ask Mike. Bookmark the permalink.

264 Responses to Ask Mike – 2016 Season Week 9

Nice job Mike E

Nice job Mike,
    Love the babe of the week!

Bookman

She’s still super hot, I think that photo was from 2014

Thanks Ken, Bookman

I’m really excited about this Sunday’s game. I feel like we’re going to see our team finally turn the corner. I know it’s one game, and our record is still only 4-4, but winning 2 division games in 3 weeks, with the Steelers in the middle of that makes it pretty impressive. I hope they play well and do what I believe they’re capable of

Let the pre-game crying begin!

The New York Jets wide receiver had some strong words about Maxwell, the Miami Dolphins cornerback who took on Marshall last season while he was a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

“He just held every single play,” Marshall said Wednesday. “Every single play, he held. That was tough. They traded for him to stop me, so I’m excited about this matchup.”

7. A lot of 300 yds thru the air predictions. If we can’t run the ball vs the Jets because of their run D let’s hope that we have that kind of success thru the air.

Like I said in the article, I think we get over 100 on the ground too. Overall, a very good performance from the offense, and the defense as well.

• When you consider the Jets gave up 300+ thru the air in 5 of 8 games this season we should definitely eclipse that mark as well. My concern about that # has little to do with how well I think our receivers, te’s and rb’s will do vs the Jets secondary and D overall, it’s that I don’t have the confidence in Tannehill’s ability to get them the ball as much as others do.

8. ProfessorLou ‏@philmamouffarts 1m
    1 minute ago

If there was a game Adam Gase was looking to get Jakeem Grant more involved in the offense; this is it.
    0 replies
    0 retweets
    0 likes

Retweet

nice job mike. I really hope we beat the Jets and take a little revenge from last year. The london game last year we brutal.

Neither game against the Jets went well last year. I was at the one in NJ with Brian in NY. It was so damn ugly, we left in the middle of the 4th QTR. I think we scored 2 TD’s after we left. The score didn’t really indicate how bad we were that day.

Good job Mike! We must beat the Jets to continue turning around our season. Go Phins!!!!

Lou

Just saw your question. I don’t think so, although I wouldn’t be adverse to that. I think we’ll see a lot of Ajayi, Landry, some Stills and some Parker, but closer to the vest against a divisional opponent.

“Maybe late in the game if Ajayi has tired the opposing defense, Drake can come in and beat a tired defense.”

Mike E — that is a great point, and it goes to not just when they are tired they are, but also in situations where we have to play catch-up.

Whether cause their D is tired or cause they are playing soft……..Drake offers something when the holes are bigger and close more slowly. Love how Ajayi breaks a tight hole, but loving what Drake could bring when you are looking for a pass catching flash option as well.

Sounds like Lou wants Grant to be the guy that does what you’re talking about

No doubt that Grant could be the weapon when they darn sure we ain’t going to run other than a draw, but then Drake can do it btwn tackles on a designed third and three run too.

So he offers a bit of both sides on that one.

• Grant is a situational guy who I feel Gase would like to work into his offense given the opportunity and I THINK, not sure, but think this game provides him with that opportunity. I’m not saying he’s going to be the go-to guy when he’s in there either but, just like the Bills game, be a decoy.

• Put Parker or Stills and Grant on the same side of the field in a stacked formation. Run Parker or Stills deep and throw it to Grant underneath and let him do his thing.
        Yes, I am just pulling shit out of my ass.

Stanger

I agree. Drake can run out of a normal set and still make a big play. I don’t think they would use Grant out of the backfield other than for a decoy or an actual reverse or jet sweep.

Sunday is a must win game.

15. I misspoke before, The Jets gave up 300+ yds thru the air 4 of 8 games, losing 3 of the 4. The last one was to Cleveland.

professorloumiamidolphinsblog says….:

“Put him in the backfield and swing him out and watch defenders moving towards him likes flies to shit and give our other guys the opportunity to get WIDE open and get some nice yac and maybe even take it to the house.

That’s the kind of stuff I think Grant gives you in addition to moving him around from side to side and bringing him across the field on a sweep or fake sweep. Keep the defense honest because they know what he can do.”
    ———–

Pro Lou could not agree more on what Grant could bring into situations……even if I worry about the guy being broken by one hit, not that he doesn’t seem incredibly tough.

And talk about “keeping the defense offense”. Think about what goes through a DC’s mind when all of a sudden he sees Grant walking in for say Ajayi on say 2nd and seven. Even if the rest of the folks are the same. Could just throw the same WR screen as they have like 20 seconds.

We don’t need big yardage outputs. We need points. This team needs to start putting the ball in the endzone. Turn those FGs into TDs. I don’t care how many yards we get on the ground or through the air…just put the ball in the endzone.

Randy — could not agree more on what we need to correct. Our redzone O is not good. Doesn’t help that Cameron is out and that Parker’s hand on the tough catch are less than billed as of now. And yeah you could add in however fast the clock in Tanny’s head works in such has not been fast.

I’d like to see Grant get more involved on offense too. Go with our bread and butter guys and then pick some spots to get some of the younger guys involved.

I posted this on the other blog

Oops

November 3, 2016 at 8:17 am
    Honestly we should need 100+ Ajayi yards and 300+ Tanny yards to beat the jests

Their offense is less than exciting
    It would be nice to run the ball and limit their offensive opportunities
    But we don’t need a huge offensive day
    Just avoid turnovers

I think we were asking to do too much until recently
    And that lead to turnovers
    So even if running is less effective than it has been
    Just keep running it IMO

If it gets late in a game and we are trailing we can run a 2 min offense

Oinks to Mike
    Good piece

If we lose Sunday this blog will not be as dead as it has been. Agree or disagree? LOL

Can Brandon Marshall’s whining about Maxwell always holding cause the officials to focus on him more? In other words, is this gamesmanship?

I thought the same thing. It can only help him. Maybe he struggles against Maxwell so this gives him a possible edge.

I thought about that too, but I think they will call them as they see them. Players complained about SEA and their corners, Sherman and Norman (When he was there), and it didn’t make a difference

I’m really looking forward to seeing us play a strong game and put ourselves back in the playoff hunt, and back to legitimacy.

Me too. It’s crazy how big of a game it is against one of our most heated rivals. You never know who’s going to win the game between us and the Jets. The rivalry has been crazy for years.

Win – 4-4, 2-1 DIV and 4-3 AFC
      Lose – 3-5, 1-2 DIV and 3-4 AFC

It’s such a big difference as far as playoff hopes go. We still have 3 NFC games left and it’s hard to make up those DIV and AFC games.

This is pretty much it. We don’t win, our playoff chances are up in smoke, and all that’s left is a chance to get things right for next year.

We would basically have to go 6-2 the last 8 at the least to have any chance and we could still have issues with conference losses for the 6th seed. The Jets loss wouldn’t eliminate us but we’d have very little room for error and I’m not sure this team can do 8-0 or 7-1.

It’s never good to start out 1-4, but we’re playing good football now, and that’s why we won 2 in a row. If we continue to play like we did, we won’t be an easy beat, so that’s what I want to see. If someone else beats our best, so be it.

Ditto! I want to see the team build something new here. If we’re not ready for playoffs this year so be it, but at least show competent progress not lots of regressions.

In one of my FF leagues, I’m playing the MIA DEF, and he’s playing the NYJ DEF. I’m going to live or die by the Dolphins this week, I also have Tannehill, Ajayi and Landry

I’m friggin 8-0 in my league. I’m consistent every week, not the biggest scorer week to week but 2nd overall in points scored because of no dud games.

Would you start Parker this week? I had a hunch and a friend of mine who I’m playing this week agreed. He also believes the Jets are vulnerable to the pass and they don’t really have a good matchup for Parker.

Not big on Parker until he shows me something. He should break out, I just don’t know if he’s a good gamble

26. 81Howie says:

Rock 24-16 NYJ
    Stang 35-7 MIA
    Prof. 30-13 MIA
    Real 30-20 NYJ
    Bold 23-17 NYJ
    GO PHINS!

I’m 5-3 and in 2nd place in the league where I’m going all Dolphins. I’m 6-2 in my keeper league, and 5-3 in the Mob league. Pretty consistent.

8-0 is outrageous, who do you have?

QB Rodgers
      RB Gore
      RB Gurley
      WR J. Jones
      WR Beckham
      WR Jeffrey
      K McManus
      DEF ARZ/PHI

Obviously some depth guys you need week to week Parker being one of them.

If we lose the blog will be busy – agree

but I think it will be busy with a win too

A lot of us didn’t really check n after last week’s win bc we we at the fest

Sunday during and after the game is always the busiest blogging time

November 3, 2016 at 3:58 pm
    It ‘s more of a venting thing for me. I definitely post more after losses, but that’s so I don’t take it out on my family. I’m usually in a great mood after a win, post here quickly, and then enjoy the rest of the day with them. I don’t want to affect my family with my sour mood after a loss, and I don’t want them to see what a poor loser I am either!

Mike

I think it would be cool if you arranged the photos so Bookman, Rockphin and I are looking up Susan Hoff’s skirt

My weakness in 2 out of 3 leagues is my QB. I think I have very good rosters otherwise.

I want us to win this game because I hate the stinking jets and last year against them was brutal. I don’t want to just win. I want us to destroy them 🙂

Okay Howie, who cares, 29-16 MIA

Oh Susanna
    I could tell it was her by her Rickenbacher

Howie you missed my score from last night

Fins 42
    Stej 10

No fair having to listen to Collinsworth twice a week

The NFL wonders why ratings are dropping…

Ugly Bucin uniforms

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 3, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Ugly Bucin uniforms

i would still rather see them then all the air time the refs are getting.

Man those KFC commercials are lamest

Yeah they’re pretty bad

• bookman11 says:

It is almost as if they are making fun of themselves or trying to be purposely bad, thinking it’s funny, but it just makes we want to permanently avoid their restaurants.

Where is Bat, he could rip on them more eloquently than me

Herd they’re like a blur on my tv

Somebody PLEASE put an end to this color rush crap

They fine players for designer shoes, but they make them wear these nasty looking things.

bookman,
    So true. They claim it’s about having some sort of uniform code, but it’s all about the Benjamins. Like anybody in their right mind would buy a jersey like these. Lol

• bookman11 says:

YeH, so like the Dolphins are forced to dress like a friggen Creamsicle but they can’t eear classic uniforms more than twice.

ok, so would you rather have color rush jerseys all season or no Collinsworth on any broadcast?

That’s a tough one
      Ones tough on the eyes
      The other is tough on the ears

• bookman11 says:

Good question Herd, like would I rather have Trump or Clinton, we all lose either way.

• herdfan says:

My daughter asked me the other day who I was voting for for President. I told her I was voting for the vice president because no matter who is elected, I don’t see either of them finishing a term.

• bookman11 says:

That is a good answer. I just say I am not sure, maybe neither, but I am voting for The Congress, and House candidates, in hopes they can keep either of these nobs in check.

There’s a flag with almost every single play. Grrrrrrrr

Herd,
    How is your daughter enjoying the horse?

• herdfan says:

Absolutely loves her! She rides every day. If I want to see her, I have to go to the barn! lol

• bookman11 says:

That is awesome. Do you have the horse boarded or do you have the horse on your property?

• herdfan says:

She is boarded at a barn about 10 minutes away from my house. My daughter has a part time job there on weekends so it works out great.

• bookman11 says:

OK now I remember that from a previous post you had. Just don’t buy a chariot or something for that horse so you can’t go to the fest next year…..😄 Just kidding it’s great that for her.

• bookman11 says:

“You did that for her”

Ok, I am watching the Colorado/UCLA game and there have been 10 personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct penalty’s through the third quarter

49. 81Howie says:

Tim 29-16 MIA
    Son 42-10 MIA
    GO PHINS!

50. ukfinfan says:

Howie

UK 27-16 MIA

We have a stack of guys who want to play

Vigil – ready
    Culliver – ready
    Howard – soon
    D. Jordan – soon
    Cameron – soon
    Benwikere – hasn’t seen action yet, I don’t think.

Howard and Cameron we really need back. Vigil comes where we need even if unproven. Jordan? Who knows, but why count on anything from him?

Maxwell better play well with Culliver and Howard fixin’ to get back soon. He has to play the way he did against Pitt and he should be alright.

#Culliverstravels

Herd,

Tim Price is Right’s me on top, and UK on the bottom. I’ll be happy if any of us are right though . . .

Much more effective transport

Bold 23-17 NYJ
    Tim 29-16 MIA
    Son 42-10 MIA
    UK 27-16 MIA
    GO PHINS!

Howie

Can I sue Tim and UK for picking the same score as me but adding 1 point for MIA for Tim, and subtracting one point for MIA for UK? Do I have legal rights? Is there anything in the points rules charters that protects me? 🙂

Soooo if anyone ever gets the score correct, here is the prize.

These shoes?

Jeez — ESPN just made this a trap game. I’m going with Golic to combat the jinx.
    —————

Judging by how the experts over at ESPN see Sunday’s game turning out, it certainly looks like the Miami Dolphins will be a .500 team when it’s all over. Eight of their nine pickers have the Fins prevailing over the New York Jets.

Bowen: Dolphins
    Caplan: Dolphins
    Golic: Jets
    Graziano: Dolphins
    Hoge: Dolphins
    Jaworski: Dolphins
    Joyner: Dolphins
    Seifert: Dolphins
    Wickersham: Dolphins

If Herd got a chariot and they made a movie of it, would it be called “Ben Herd”?

This Mando article might have hit the board before, but it is a great one on Vance Joseph. Like how he works.

——————–

“Our first day when we got here as a staff, I told the guys, ‘We’re going to live in the truth here. And it doesn’t mean I don’t love you. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad player or I’m a bad coach,’”

“The truth works. With players and coaches alike the truth works. That way, everyone always knows where they stand. So much in this league is everyone sugarcoating everything. You hear coaches say, ‘He’s playing OK,’ when everyone knows he’s not. We don’t do that here.”

“So we live in truth in our room. They’re used to it. When I tell reporters, the players already know it. You ask me, I’ll tell you. You don’t ask, I won’t tell you. [The players] heard it already. It’s not a surprise to them. They won’t read in the media that Coach V.J. said you [stink]. No, I already told the guys that in a meeting.”

TE Dion Sims OUT again this Sunday

Which of you FLA friends are going to the Jets game this weekend? Stanger? OD?

• herdfan says:

You mean Brian isn’t jetting in for this one? 😏

I’m sure he’d love to, but I get the feeling his wife has drawn the line, and even though his boss is a huge Dolphins fan, him too.

Not me at least. Pretty sure OD sold his as well. Think he is starting to get the idea that his seasons are a money-maker. Also sure the thank you note to Ross for that is not in the mail. 🙂

Do you stay away from the annoying Jets crowd?

Not a big deal….if anything fun to get them kicked out. But for sure they are obnoxious. Worst fans ever to visit. Still not sure if they are transplants who live local or from up your way when they come.

“if anything fun to WATCH them kicked out.

How cool is that?

Pro Football HOF (@ProFootballHOF)
    11/3/16, 4:49 PM
    We just put @MiamiDolphins @JayTrain23 jersey on display for his back-to-back 200-yard games!

pic.twitter.com/CIUHx7lupo

Stanger, I’m pretty sure a lot of Jets fans go to the game from up North for a nice little Florida trip. I’m sure there are some transplants too, so it’s probably mixed.

I was pretty sure it was mixed…..was just wondering whether the boneheads were local or just visiting. Got know problem really with Bills or Pats fans. You know when we are playing the Jets in the stands.

They’re are a bunch that are awful in NJ too. The game we all went to there wasn’t much of that and I was surprised. LOL

Keep in mind what section we were sitting in……it was all Phins. No one ever messed with me when I was in a bar with my rugby team either.

Herd

I saw that a few days ago (J-train jersey). I think it’s great. When it’s a feat that only 4 players have managed to do over decades of time, it’s pretty impressive.

Those Piggy Pumps really disturbed me for some reason. LOL That’s pretty tough to do, I can watch an autopsy during dinner with no problem. I wish I could un-see those shoes.

The game that Brian and I went to last year at the Meadowlands, there were lots of feisty Jets fans, and the funny thing is, they were fighting amongst themselves, and they were winning! LMAO! Assholes!

Rock

Say “piggy pumps” 5 times fast

Yeah — Jets or not no holds barred in NY…..always take the shot.
    ——————

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Woody Johnson, owner of the NYJets, is @JebBush’s finance chairman. If Woody would’ve been w/me, he would’ve been in the playoffs, at least!
    3:00 PM – 4 Jan 2016

Stanger, even in the parking lots people were cool with each other and there were a lot of friend groupings with mixed fandom. That was the best I ever saw it.

OUCH.

Oddly enough this makes me think that we either go more old-fashioned ground and pound or more pass and flex creative.
    ———————-

“DIon Sims (concussion) will not play Sunday against the Jets, Sims returned to practice this week, but he still hasn’t been cleared for game action, which will result in a second straight absence Sunday versus New York. With teammate Jordan Cameron (concussion) also still sidelined, MarQueis Gray and Dominique Jones figure to man Miami’s tight end snaps.”

I have no problem with that, they’ve been doing the job the last two games. This is their chance to stick around or prove they belong somewhere else.

This has been the longest day!

I would like to see us more disciplined this week. We have taken a lot of stupid penalties this season, particularly those of the 15 yard variety. It would be nice if we didn’t commit a penalty on every special teams play as well, maybe cut to to 50% for this game. I really want to win this game- I truly hate the fucking Jets.

Happy Birthday Brandon Albert

Whoop the stej

78. 81Howie says:

Well MikeE
    There is no legal course of action you can take at this time.
    However there is a small loophole. You still have one score change being your 1st posted score was my screwup.
    You can go 29-16 or 27-16 because duplicate scores are acceptable and have been since Game #1
    GO PHINS!!!

November 4, 2016 at 12:52 pm (Edit)

Howie

Always go with your first impression.

What the hell is the difference. You have to be exactly right anyway? This NOT like the Price is Right. Mike just doesn’t want someone else to get the score right if it is near his score.
    However,

If he can sue, I know some lawyers that may take his case…unless of course one of them has the score that wins…LOL

It’s a rigged system

On a side note,

I am in a survivor pool that pays out winner take all.
    I entered this the last 4 years and never got past week 3.
    Currently, out of 703 entries, there are only 100 of us left.
    The payout is 16,000 to the winner. (or split because there is not tie breaker)
    If I win this pool, I will fund the food and shuttle for next years Fest.

Amnesty for our lost and disenfranchised bloggers

The return of Walker and MF13
    Of Top Secret and the rest of our friends

Together lets Make the Blog Great Again 🇺🇸🐬🍻

The other blog is not needed
    #draintheswamp
    Lol

son of a son of a shula says:

November 4, 2016 at 11:13 pm

I meant the 16k if you win
    Huge

Oh, yeah..sorry, I misunderstood

The funny thing is, a lady from a bar we hang out at won it last year.

Son,

Just think, if I win that kind of money, I could probably afford to buy the entire catalog of Olivia Newton John music on I-Tunes.

87. From Bucky Brooks at NFL.com concerning Jay Ajayi:
    _______________
    These numbers are pretty significant and may give us a clue as to how well we may be able to run the ball vs the Jets front.

To me the difference in this team from past years is the coaching staff. I love how they listen to their players, and have established a strength that other teams have to account for.
    The real test will be how they adjust when that strength is taken away. I have faith that Gase will have a game plan to account for that, especially after a bye week.
    It quite likely be up to the QB to recognize this and adjust. We will see if he has the ability to take advantage of 7 or 8 man fronts and hit the necessary passes.
    I think this is a huge game for Tannehill.

89. 81Howie says:

Son 42-10 MIA
    UK 27-16 MIA
    GO PHINS!

bookman11 says:
    November 4, 2016 at 10:45 pm
    On a side note,

I am in a survivor pool that pays out winner take all.
    I entered this the last 4 years and never got past week 3.
    Currently, out of 703 entries, there are only 100 of us left.
    The payout is 16,000 to the winner. (or split because there is not tie breaker)
    If I win this pool, I will fund the food and shuttle for next years Fest.
    You should post who you have each week so we can get some positive vibes going!

son of a son of a shula says:

November 4, 2016 at 10:46 pm (Edit)

Amnesty for our lost and disenfranchised bloggers

The return of Walker and MF13
    Of Top Secret and the rest of our friends

Together lets Make the Blog Great Again
    *******************************

AMEN to that Sonny! Great post!

Don’t know what happens at the admin meetings where they take turns sipping from a cup of blood at the center of the pentagon, but don’t think any amnesty is needed. Far as I know only person who can’t post on this board is Home….and heck he might be on here under another handle anyhow.

Bookman

I need to know, have you taken the Dolphins yet in your knockout pool?

bookman11 says:
    November 5, 2016 at 12:16 am
    From NFL.com:
    This is an important aspect of his game because it allows him to thrive versus loaded boxes. Against eight-man fronts in each of the past two games, Ajayi has gutted opponents between the tackles despite the presence of an extra defender. According to the Next Gen Stats, in his last two outings, he averaged 11.9 (eight rushes for 91 yards against Pittsburgh) and 8.6 (10 rushes for 86 yards against Buffalo) yards per carry against eight-man fronts. This is significant production for a runner against any front, much less one specifically designed to slow down the ground game. On the year, Ajayi is at 8.6 yards per carry against eight-man fronts — more than two times the league average (3.4).
    It sounds like they are doing exactly just that- via the run!

94. ukfinfan says:

Quick drive by – MikeE I don’t think I’ve ever been within 3 scores of the correct score so I’ll swap if you want? It will be a poisoned chalice you inherit though.

Hear are some hilarious shark stats I heard on the radio this morning (I know at least Tim and probably others have unhealthy shark obsessions on here …. Jahndoh too I think 😉 ) …… anyway

You are more likely to die taking a selfie than by being killed by a shark
    A shark is 1,000,000 time more likely to be killed by a human than a human by a shark
    More people in NY are bitten by other NYers in NY than humans by sharks in the rest of the world.

Make of all that what you will.
    UK out
    Go sharks ………. erm ….. fins

LOL – That’s great stuff. NYers bite all the time, it’s crazy, and when Piggy is strolling the NYC streets, he’s like a walking smorgasbord.

It is just a shot in the dark — but thought some of you might have some advice on something I know little about.

My wife had a problem with her AC unit that lead to some mold getting out of what before what was a closed out vent. A service came in, found it was not the deadly kind and cleaned it up — but she has some clothes that need to be “de-molded,” if you will.

Any advice on such would be appreciated.

son of a son of a shula says:

November 4, 2016 at 10:46 pm (Edit)

Amnesty for our lost and disenfranchised bloggers

The return of Walker and MF13
    Of Top Secret and the rest of our friends

no way, i hate that fucker top, he is always making me hit myself and that shit hurts.

‘A service came in, found it was not the deadly kind and cleaned it up — but she has some clothes that need to be “de-molded,” if you will.

Any advice on such would be appreciated.’

yeah, my advice is tell her to throw them away give her your credit card and tell her to go buy some new clothes. it is a guarantee to get someen someen later tonight.

Bookman

I need to know, have you taken the Dolphins yet in your knockout pool?

I took them against Cleveland…whew!!

Brian in NY says:

November 5, 2016 at 7:52 am

bookman11 says:
    November 4, 2016 at 10:45 pm
    On a side note,

I am in a survivor pool that pays out winner take all.
    I entered this the last 4 years and never got past week 3.
    Currently, out of 703 entries, there are only 100 of us left.
    The payout is 16,000 to the winner. (or split because there is not tie breaker)
    If I win this pool, I will fund the food and shuttle for next years Fest.
    You should post who you have each week so we can get some positive vibes going!

This week I took the Chiefs over the Jags

bookman — given that we are all interested right now…..are you one of the ones left cause you played it safe, or do you have a lot of good team left?

• bookman11 says:

I have a lot of good teams left

Very cool — my best advice…..check out the Browns schedule going forward and compare to who you have left. I’m doing pick a D in one of my FF leagues and choose whoever they are playing when can. Has worked out pretty well, unlike the rest of my roster. 🙂

Go CHIEFS!!

They have ways to use chlorine fumes to get mold put. Sounds dangerous for clothes but they used it to restore some antique dresses, one of a kind stuff, in new Orleans following Katrina. If you look that up you might find a solution to that. Not sure the cost though, the people in new Orleans that had that issue didn’t have money limitations if you get my drift

Jordan Cameron to IR.

stanger,

she can always keep the clothes till they grow mushrooms then you two can have a party

We’ll get the clothes fixed ffr, was only asking if anyone knew something about how it works on such. How you been doing my friend?

November 5, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Jordan Cameron to IR.

who is he

Stanger,
    Maybe try a dry cleaner? Call ahead to see if they have experience with that sort of thing?

Thanks Brian — but it is like a good portion of the clothes in her store. The AC wasn’t working on one of the three ducts (had been turned off cause was used as ventilation from the kitchen by the restaurant there before). AC guy figured out how to get it working, but released the mold beast.

Was just thinking someone might have experience with such before, or even a buddy who has.

Stanger, maybe a restoration company like Servpro will have a solution

Thanks Son. She’s putting out bids to a couple like that (and restoration in one of the bus names) , was just wondering if anyone had direct experience. Might be the first time ever I am going…..”where’s Rock?” 🙂

November 5, 2016 at 2:16 pm

wwwwhhhhhheeeeewwww, what a relief. i have been worrying myself sick wondering about her clothes. well thank goodness all is right in the world now.

Cool ffr — you never answered how you are doing. Know you are past the Oct 15 crush. And you have a nice window till February. Hope you are enjoying.

stanger,

everything was fine till you brought everyone down with your moldy clothes. i think as a show of support i am just going to walk around the neighborhood naked holding a sign that reads

“i maybe bold but say no to mold’

November 5, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Send pics man……bet you at least Son puts that one on his next post.

i would, but then mike e will see me naked and then switch from married men to single guys and you married guys already have it bad enough.

I’ve met ffr, it ain’t happening

Contrary to popular belief I do have standards

Must be something personal btwn you and him, cause we both know ffr is a most attractive man……and fit as heck (not that I need the full monty thing……but Pig could photoshop in to make family friendly).

More than anything hope he rejoins us at the Festivus some day. And at this point we got two, so no tent required.

November 5, 2016 at 4:09 pm

nice try but i am not herd, not falling for your charms

So that Jordan Cameron signing worked out well…

You would think Jack Del Rio would be embarrassed his son became a QB but then when you watch his son play you realize he isn’t a QB.

This kid maybe one of the worst QB’s I have ever seen play

bookman11 says:
    November 5, 2016 at 5:01 pm

I didn’t know that was his son.

I am pretty sure Jack is questioning that now too

According to Barry Jackson we don’t always get it wrong on draft day.
    ———————–
    During one 40 minute stretch on the third day of the 2015 Draft, the Dolphins plucked three fifth-rounders who are playing a lot: Bobby McCain (who’s becoming a capable slot corner), Jay Ajayi (only the fourth player in NFL history with consecutive 200-yard rushing games) and Tony Lippett (who’s starting but must play better, according to his defensive coordinator).

116. Michael Zold says:

son of a son of a shula says:
    November 4, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Amnesty for our lost and disenfranchised bloggers

The return of Walker and MF13
    Of Top Secret and the rest of our friends

Together lets Make the Blog Great Again 🇺🇸🐬🍻
    i’m touched 🙂

Don’t forget to set you clocks back tonight…unless of course you live in Arizona

118. 81Howie says:

Tim 29-16 MIA
    Son 42-10 MIA
    UK 27-16 MIA
    GO PHINS!

• manitobafinfan says:

Howie 31-16.

One Def TD (or set up by DEF) ie strip sack or INT gives us ball inside 15 yd line ..one Stills TD , one Ajayi TD and one more TD throw by Tannehill … all this Tanny talk is causing me to play him in Fantasy as opposed to Matt Stafford.

What’s up blog? We’ve almost made it through the bye week. Seems like it was almost as long as the offseason. ❤️🐬🏈

• bookman11 says:

Hey Herd,

I wish we could watch NFL Football like we can college football on Saturdays without having to subscribe to the ticket.

Stagger the starts…multiple cable networks…it is so nice.

• manitobafinfan says:

It has been a longtime between games yep. I was lost last week both Fins and Wifes 9ers were on byes. So i was all over the place with Sunday ticket on early games

One good thing, Bat may make an appearance on here after the Fins destroy the Jests….I miss his dark, yet eloquent diatribes.

This one made me laugh!

Next year any team that wants to stop this Dalvin Cook kid needs to hire dumbo fisher. He is the only person that can stop him from getting 150+ yards a game.

123. Phindog says:

Stanger,
    Just buy some cans of Fabreez and sell the clothes. No smell .. and sell ..

P-Dog — you really want me forward that advice to my wife and tell her it was from you. 🙂

• manitobafinfan says:

If it gets Dog smell out … but seriously, Son had it right. Fire and restoration company is her best bet. We have. A company that utilizes our company freezer for recovery of papers and water damaged objects.. i will not say do it, but look into freezing the smells out

She is already looking into it. So learning about such already. Was just just thinking someone might have experience. For instance, have the feeling that who we have is who you go after to when a pipe bursts or something. They said would take two weeks cause whatever chamber it is would only fit like twenty pieces at a time. Was thinking someone could do it more commercial and quicker with a bigger chamber or whatever. Store is closed….so time matters.

Wow i hope its an omen. NFLN Showing back to back Perfect Backfield(Czonka, Kiik,Morriss) followed by The Don.

Go Phins !!!

I was just catching up on the Stanger mold discussion. My 2 cents is it depends on the fabric of whatever it is and is it worth the cost of the restoration. I’m assuming it is or you wouldn’t be asking. It seems there are multiple issues, the mold itself which can be ‘killed’ or frozen or whatever and then the smell and stain that is left behind. I’d go with the professional restoration if it’s something worth the expense.

Thanks Herd. We have talked to one of those folks but the price tag and time involved was huge. Trying to get other bids in on it, but overall it was one huge mess…..was just just thinking someone might have dealt with such at some point in the past. Maybe it was a shot in the dark, but better half ain’t the happier half right now. My best case was there was some “ship here place” out there and they ship it back two or three days later. Lots of clothes involved (it’s her store).

Stanger: if freezing them was what restoration company suggested, check with Furriers and Trucking companies/warehouses that have on site freezers.. most major Cold Storages wont touch it because of cross contamination .. but the furriers etc. May have room for your needs. Pass along our well wishes, she having a bit if a down streak. Hope it ends soon

Good thought. Will find out if freezing is involved…..and then that might come in.

• manitobafinfan says:

No insurance coverage ?? Insurance company may have peeps to suggest as well.

Insurance denied…..and have to admit they had a point. They called it an improper maintenance issue (not covered) and it only happened cause after months they got the third AC vent going. And before you go there…..lease was “as is.” One big mess.

And the one person we got a quote from came through the insurance people.

• manitobafinfan says:

Lol you are correct. I was going there next😎🤔

Funny part is that if that vent had released stored up deadly black mold we might be able to sue the heck out of the landlord on various grounds, but it was just the wimpy normal brown stuff not covered by various laws that are above whatever is in a lease contract.

• manitobafinfan says:

Racist fucking Vent

my god, this blog sucks, if it isnt complaining about thill it is advice on moldy clothes. that is all you people talk about.

thill sucks…..yeah but can you get mold out of clothes….thill cant throw deep…..yeah but if you freeze clothes it gets the mold out….thill cant move in the pocket……yeah but call a restoration company.

manitobafinfan says:
    November 5, 2016 at 10:05 pm

How do you get the moldy dank basement smell out of your clothes ??😎😎

you put them on a mild manner attorney from NY then you keep poking him with a stick till he gets all pissed off and rips the smell out of them.

I am just disgusted with football and this bs targeting shit. It is pathetic just giving the refs more control of the game and they wonder why their ratings are down

Cut your losses clean ’em up best you can and put on a clearance rack.

Dry clean may work

131. Madden NFL week 9 matchups has Phins defeating Jets 41-21. They must be playing Madden ’83

November 5, 2016 at 10:44 pm

ffr — you should at least know which lawyer is in your basement. Feelings might be hurt.

never knew there was a difference from one blood sucking leach to another. LMFAO

stanger,

besides saying shit wrong about him just gets him pissed off faster, and he is so cute when he is all green and angry