Welcome to the Postseason

nfl-playoffs

Welcome to the postseason Miami! What do I wear?  It’s been so lonpiggyupscaleg… Too dressy?

Well I can’t help myself, it’s a special occasion.  If you don’t know by now, come out of your hole and celebrate!  The Dolphins are in the NFL Playoffs!!!

After starting the season off 1-4 and causing every Dolfan to stick their head in an oven after a brutal loss to Tennessee, the Fins turned it around aajayind won 9 of their last 10 games.

Well, you all enjoyed it, so I don’t have to spend much time with it but I can’t help to re-live it.

On Saturday, Dolfans enjoyed another 200 yard game from Jay Ajayi.  Choo Choo!!!  Ajayi had been slowed down recently but not against the Bills, who tackle like they rub their uniforms in canola oil before the game.

franksfg

But it wasn’t just Ajayi.  It was a typical team effort.  Drake had a big TD run, Kenny Stills caught another TD after Jarvis Landry had a big gain and DeVante Parker also has a long tackle breaking catch.

But the game almost slipped away.  That is until Adnrew Franks nailed a career long 55 yard FG to send it into overtime.

In overtime following a Dan Carpenter missed FG,  guess who put the game away?

FRANKS!!!

adamagase

Thank you Adam Gase!  For teaching this team how to fight!

On every play these guys fight for extra yardage.

If you are wondering why every NFL Talking Head doesn’t think much of the Dolphins, let me summarize…

They don’t know what they are talking about!

None of these experts really watch games anymore.  They read tweets and are in such a hurry to tweet their own opinion, they don’t have time for that sort of thing.

cheifswinSo unlike you and me, they don’t see Jay Ajayi fight for every inch.  They don’t see the entire OL push Ajayi for a first down.  Or Damien Williams into the end zone.  Or Jarvis Landry fight the entire opposing team.  Or the entire wide receiver unit blocking downfield on yet another big offensive play.

But who cares!  Let the Dolphins swim under the radar. In the meantime, don’t forget to give a big thank you to the snowpiggyChiefs.

Their defeat of the World Champions knocked the Broncos out and sealed a playoff spot for the Dolphins.

The Dolphins are going to be on the road in the first road.  And yeah, that means it will be cold.

But you know what?  It was cold in Buffalo and in New York.

These Dolphins can handle it.

We have one game left int he regular season, against the Patriots at home.  Word has it the Patriots want to go into the postseason hot.  So don’t expect them to take the game lightly.  Hopefully we get to see Brady bleed!  Go Dolphins!!!

piggybeheadsbrady

587 Responses to Welcome to the Postseason

D

I would also move Alonso to WOLB

Headed to Lowes. I am expecting to hear some positive comments about the Dolphins when I am there, as I have heard when I have gone out the past two weeks. Best line? I said ” How’s it going?” To some random guy. His reply ” not good, I’m a Jets fan.”

As an HC you have to do something different, that sets you apart. Gase, Belicheat, and Carroll do it. Other successful coaches just have good players or a part of a good system GB, Pitt.

4. 81Howie says:

Thanks for the stuff on Rex my friends but how much you want to bet VJ ends up in JAX

I don’t see it, nor do I see him being an HC anywhere in 2017, he’s not ready. He needs 2 more years as DC. I do think VJ is an innovator and will make a great HC in a couple of years.

Jahn, the Kendricks comment went on after you to Piggy and LB options in the 2015 draft. It wasn’t addressed just to you. I like Kendricks as a player and I’ve said as much. I just don’t see “special” yet. He also gets washed out sometimes. Ya know, not perfect. Smaller LBs get run over at times. 😉

BEEN ULTRA BUSY TODAY. But I noticed the spread on the Fins-Cheats game has gone up from Cheats by 6 to Cheats favored by 9 and 1/2!!! Tomorrow’s injury report will be VERY interesting. Fins need to get Maxwell back!

Talk to you folks tomorrow.

Jahndoh30 says:
    December 27, 2016 at 6:36 pm (Edit)
    In retrospect though thanks to Piggy’s research, I’m just gonna tell myself we traded back in the 2nd because we were hoping he’d drop 2 more spots to us. So at least we were on the right track.🙂

*****
    Maybe we did
    It’s not crazy
    But Perryman would have been there for us

I don’t think, in my mind, we wouldn’t be a better defense without either player

I do like Jordan Phillips
    So far he hasn’t been consistent

9. Phindog says:

Holy Shit… Did you people realize we clinched a playoff birth.. Just read that on ESPN 🤓

11. 81Howie says:

Morning Update
    DOLPHINS-PATRIOTS
    Piggy 24-21 MIA
    Rhino 28-27 MIA
    Howie 31-24 MIA
    Rock 34-12 NE
    Pump 27-24 MIA
    B’man 34-31 MIA
    FINS ARE FOR REAL!

Completely agree with Tim, and besides I’m pretty sure the LB they were targeting was McKinney. Houston jumped us to take him and then we traded back and took Phillips. The only guy we truly passed on was perryman. Parker was the right choice over any if the LBs in that draft but I do think I would have been more aggressive in the 2nd to get a guy. They were trying to move up for Myles Jack last yeah but couldn’t get the deal done. They most likely will have LB both high on their list and side notes to double up if they get a chance at the right guy available later. I doubt we neglect LB for a third year

Tomorrow is ASK MIKE

Please send in your questions

nj1dolfan@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 30m30 minutes ago
    We have promoted safety A.J. Hendy off the practice squad to the active roster and placed safety Isa Abdul-Quddus on injured reserve.

15. I hope we get the Steelers in the playoffs first round. One of my friends is a die hard Steelers fan. Nothing would put me in a better mood to whoop dat ass twice in a year.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 15h15 hours ago
    Last two weeks following games against the #Dolphins Todd Bowles was hospitalized and Rex Ryan was fired. Bill Belichick is on notice.

Wow – Isa Abdul-Quddus gone for the playoffs. We jut keep losing more guys. It really is a game of attrition

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!

In 2010 the Green bay Packers placed 15 players on the injured reserve, they subsequently went on to win the SB as a 6 seed. One key thing though, the QB was not one of the injured.

Never give up! Win anyway you can. Who knows what will happen?

SB7
    I don’t think anyone is making excuses?
    Just posting information.

Although I have no idea who they are going to have cover a TE or RB?

You?

Updated the record challenge.

Steve and Stanger are in the lead now…..

I thought it was done by final record, not by each game. I just picked 5 losses to match the record I predicted. Since Stanger picked NE and I picked the Fins one of us will win it.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

AJ hendy did have an interception in the preseason. But I think he’ll be used in special teams mostly unless there is another injury.

26. naplesfan2010 says:

I definitely like Hendy. I thought he played great in pre-season.

LOL @ SB!

Wyo – That’s just SB being SB, you should know that by now. He’s a funny dude

steve,
    I think there is going to be 2 winners. The person that picked the correct final record and the person that had the most number of correct calls. They could be different people. But you are correct. The person that had the most number of correct calls is going to be either you or stanger.

29. CONGRATS to ALL MIAMI DOLPHIN FANS, GOFINS!!!!!!!!

25: R1P25 LB REUBEN FOSTER, ALABAMA
    57: R2P25 G PAT ELFEIN, OHIO STATE
    98: R3P34 TE JORDAN LEGGETT, CLEMSON
    166: R5P24 EDGE JACOB PUGH, FLORIDA STATE
    176: R5P34 S EVAN BERRY, TENNESSEE
    204: R6P25 LB T.J. WATT, WISCONSIN
    243: R7P25 CB KEVIN KING, WASHINGTON

Well so much for that!

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 29s30 seconds ago
    Byron Maxwell has left practice with a medical trainer.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 21s22 seconds ago
    Good sign for the Dolphins: RB Jay Ajayi is practicing during the media portion today. He dinged his shoulder… http://es.pn/2ihP8Pg

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 8m8 minutes ago
    Two linebackers — Jelani Jenkins and Spencer Paysinger — are not present for the media… http://es.pn/2ihVjTj

Good to see KV, we made it!!!! 🙂

It’s a good damn thing this game against NE doesn’t matter for our Playoff spot! (well for the 6th seed at least) With our back up back up LB’s playing and our back up safeties playing and our back up corners playing……Tom Brady is going to shred our defense!

The short passing game is going to be on display by NE all game. Tearing us up through the middle of our D. Short crossing route after short crossing route they will move the ball at will!

You guys picking the Dolphins to win are not looking at the match up at all. Thus my pick of 34-12 NE.

We’ve had so many freaking injuries this season!

Now quddus!
    And maybe Maxwell

I can’t believe we have any bodies left

Hey KV! Sorry I missed ya bud! Been sick for like a week, trying to shake it off

Happy Holidays to you, and GO DOLPHINS!! Isn’t this unbelievably exciting?

YOUR TEAM
    MIAMI DOLPHINS
    YOUR PICKS
    1: R1P25 EDGE DEREK BARNETT TENNESSEE
    2: R2P25 LB RAEKWON MCMILLAN OHIO STATE
    3: R3P34 S MARCUS WILLIAMS UTAH
    4: R5P24 LB RILEY BULLOUGH MICHIGAN STATE
    5: R5P34 EDGE JACOB PUGH FLORIDA STATE
    6: R6P25 TE PHARAOH BROWN OREGON
    7: R7P25 OT FORREST LAMP WESTERN KENTUCKY

BPA with an eye to need

Man there was a run on Oline every time I got close to picking. about five spots before me every round all the Olinemen within 20 spots on the board would come off one after another!

I agree with Rock. The pats could blow us out this game. ANd that would be terrible for our confidence going forward.

• Jahndoh30 says:

It’s possible, but then again, I felt that way about the game last week in Buffalo. I’m not convinced it will be a blowout, I just think it’s possible. When Gase says: “If you look past them, they’ll embarass you” it tells me their focus it right at least.

42. Jahndoh30 says:

“Jahn, the Kendricks comment went on after you to Piggy and LB options in the 2015 draft. It wasn’t addressed just to you. I like Kendricks as a player and I’ve said as much. I just don’t see “special” yet. He also gets washed out sometimes. Ya know, not perfect. Smaller LBs get run over at times.😉

I think Parker has more talent as a WR than Kendricks has as a LB by a lot = BPA. Parker has elite ability. It’s up to him to become the best he can be. Kendricks will always be an overachiever and there is nothing wrong with that. But I would take Parker with a need at WR over Kendricks with a need at LB every time. The NFL said the same thing, Parker went at #14 and Kendricks went at #45. That’s not a knock on anyone. But there are levels of talent.”

______________

Tim, I’ll give you last word on this because I don’t want to belabor it, but you didn’t watch him as much as I did in college, and you’re saying the exact same thing about him that you said during that draft. He’s already disproven most of those criticisms in the NFL and we’re faced with a historically bad linebacking crew right now.

Importantly: This was never an indictment on the Parker pick, it was just me looking for a “good call Jahn” about a player I was right on two drafts ago. I can live without it though. 🙂

Side note: My heart goes out to you on the year you’ve had. I care about you buddy and wish you a much better 2017! This other stuff is just football blahblahblah. Cheers!

Jahn, I didn’t mean it to come off as if Kendricks isn’t a good LB, I’d take him on our LB corps right now if we could.

Thanks for the kind words. Family and friends have helped during this tough time. My heart hurts more for my wife, daughter and B-I-L than for me. It’s the end of an era that we can’t get back. But as we all know, life moves on and we have to adapt.

I wish you and yours a great 2017. 🙂

I like picking late in the draft like #25, you just take the BPA and don’t reach for need.

Wait, what?? Someone agrees with me? What is wrong with you Boulder!? LOL

Steelers resting

Tim, I can’t wait until we trade down from our #32 spot and pick up someones first rounder next year! (eyes roll)

Jahndoh30 says:
    December 28, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Jahn, I get it that Gase and the team aren’t looking past NE and will play hard, but we are a terrible match up for the pats this year when everyone was healthy. Now with only back up safeties to work with and our really bad line backeups eeeerrrrr line backers we match up even worse. I have the feeling that they will be embarrassed no matter how much fight is in the little schnauzers.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 14m14 minutes ago
    Hearing it doesn’t look good for Byron Maxwell playing this week.

Rock

Sometimes when you play with House Money, you win big!

Sure the Dolphins are liming into the final week…even limping into the playoffs

but….”MOMMA WANTS A NEW PAIR OF SHOES”
    (Piggy roles dice)

Lets go Dolphins!

****
    Is this good or bad for my dreams that we trade Matt Moore this offseason and get some high picks?

• Jahndoh30 says:

It’s a dream that won’t possibly come true. Look at his age. Nobody is giving up draft compensation for a QB of that age, let alone high picks.

A few years back was our window to trade him. Now it’s too late.

If you want to kill a piggy’s dreams, just buy a pork meatgrinder you jerk!

Agreed, and that’s also why he declared himself a backup and stayed in Miami. Teams will always look to replace him wherever he might end up. No team is trading for him.

Tim keeps a voodoo doll of Kendricks under his bed

don’t let him tell you otherwise !

Jimmy Garoppolo for a fist and 4th round pick?? WTF?

Buyers beware! Matt Castle won 10 or 11 games for the Pats when Brady went down….he’s burning up the league now with…..with…..where is Matt Castle again?

Please retire that Kendricks voodoo doll in favor of this one

steveccnv says:
    December 27, 2016 at 6:11 pm

VJ is a 3-4 DC. Any thoughts on changing? I would think we’re more situated to play it, if Suh has no problem playing DE. Phillips at NT, Mitchell also at DE, with Wake and Jones/#50 at OLB, then we’d only need another ILB to go along with Alonso.

December 27, 2016 at 6:25 pm

I don’t think we have the right personnel to play a base 3-4 like the Broncos, but what does that really mean? They couldn’t cover Kelce. See folks, good TEs destroy all defenses. Every fan I know that roots for multiple teams all say we can’t cover TEs or RBs.. That usually means really talented TEs and RBs. LOL
    ————————————————————–
    Suh is probably not a bad guy if you wanted to move to 3-4, Phillips could play NT, and Mitchell probably could man the other DE spot solidly. LB’s we have, though, aren’t at all suited for 3-4. I know one could argue they aren’t suited for 4-3, but….lol,

We might could draft some guys this year that would give us the ability to transition in a couple of years, like taking a guy like Reuben Foster who could play at MLB in the 4-3 we have, but would also be suited for a 3-4 ILB, Collins as a FA would also give us the flexibility of a guy who could play in both 4-3 or 3-4 when we are finally ready to transition.

Wake wouldnt be very useful in 3-4, though after him making that one int id give him a small chance to be able to play OLB in 3-4 lol. Basically we would have to re-load on depth because we would have depth guys currently that couldn’t transition to 3-4, and we would have some starters that couldn’t as well. I cant see us being able to run a 3-4 without adding at least 4 starters and probably 7 backups on defense. We would gut the entire LB corp, because even Alonzo wouldn’t be a good candidate for that swap over.

7 players in one off-season wouldnt be easy if not completely impossible to do, thats why i think if we do it its going to take some flexible options in additions, those that are tweeners between the two systems, and would have to be done over the course of 2 off-seasons at minimum.

That might be a fuck off offer lol. I dont see anyone giving them a 1st and a 4th. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th for the right team in the right position to make that deal, but a 1st is kinda ridiculous for a guy who only stepped in and showed flashes in a system that is built perfect for him.

I didn’t realize until I just read it that the Pats have the #1 defense in the league this year (points allowed) and the number 5 offense (point scored)

We are doomed! DOOOMED I SAY! LOL

D, VJ said when he got here this team is built as a 4-3 defense. We would have to turn over a lot of players to play a 3-4. Suh can play in any system but I don’t see us going to a 3-4 any time soon. I also don’t think it matters because in today’s game you play so many different formations with all the spread teams play.

58. Playoffs..
    Is that when pigs actually can fly,

or does that type of magic demand a SB appearance and/or Championship ??

GOFINS!!!

Miami Dolphins Cheer ‏@MDCheer 20h20 hours ago
    Paige is your Cheerleader of the Week!

25: R1P25 EDGE TIM WILLIAMS ALABAMA
    57: R2P25 C ETHAN POCIC LSU
    98: R3P34 CB KEVIN KING WASHINGTON
    166: R5P24 TE JEREMY SPRINKLE ARKANSAS
    176: R5P34 DL DAVON GODCHAUX LSU
    204: R6P25 EDGE DEATRICH WISE JR. ARKANSAS
    243: R7P25 LB HARDY NICKERSON ILLINOIS

This would be my “If i have future plans for converting to 3-4” draft.

Tim Williams could play DE for us this year, and transition to 3-4OLB, where he would wind up being a beast.

Pocic would give us a starting RG, replacing Bushrod and being an immediate upgrade, andalso would double as insurance if Pouncey goes down. He would open up a lot of scenarios for OL combinations in case of multiple injuries.

Kevin King is the big bodied press CB we are really looking for. Instant competition for Howard, Maxwell and Lippett, one of the 4 gets to move to a rotational role, the other three would wind up as our two outside CB’s and NCB. Not only would we have solid players at the CB, but the backup would be a solid one.

Jeremy Sprinkle would give us an upgrade at TE if we keep or lose Sims.

Godchaux would be a good backup DT for us in a 4-3, but could transition to 3-4 DE. Same for Deatrich Wise Jr. but he would be a 4-3 DE, that transitioned to 3-4 DE.

Hardy Nickerson would backup at MLB in 4-3, transitioning to ILB in 3-4. Would expect he or Hull to wind up making the team, with expectations the same for either. I think Nickerson’s coverage ability would win out.

Id also look to land Collins in FA both to strengthen us in our current 4-3, but also make the transition to 3-4 possible by end of next off-season.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 50s51 seconds ago
    Broncos placing DeMarcus Ware on injured reserve today due to back injury, sources tell @Jeff_Legwold and me…. http://fb.me/tZb0wZXm

This is a good late round WR

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
    Baylor WR KD Cannon tweeted he will forgo his senior year and enter 2017 NFL Draft.

Paige needs to eat a bowl of pasta now and then….She is absolutely hot, just a little on the skinny side. I volunteer to buy her pasta, pizza, krispy kreme doughnuts, whatever for as long as she wants.

Tim i think it matters a little. You dont want smallish DE’s in a 3-4 because it really hurts your ability to attack from the outside, and shut down outside runs. They have the power through blockers, smaller guys like Wake cant do this, thats why they rely on their speed to make them successful. LB’s are similar, in 3-4 you have more of them but you do generally have one committed to pass rush, but due to less beef up front, they cant be smaller guys either because they have become even more important in run support. Alonzo being carried 5 yards after contact wouldn’t cut it in a 3-4.ILB doesn’t have to be as football smart and instinctual as his counterpart in the 4-3. I mean its a great thing if you can get that in your ILB in a 3-4 but you can get away with a guy who is just a solid tackler and can get to his gap with some punch. OLBs generally have to be your smarter LB’s in a 3-4, vs MLB in 4-3, since they have responsibilities of coverage, pass rush and setting the edge. They have to have really strong read-react skills.

I just dont see any of our LB’s capable of filling those roles, because they barely cover them in a system designed that doesnt put as much responsibility on the LB’s, except maybe the MLB. Our depth DL, and DE’s arent suited to transition to 3-4 DE, they dont really have the size for it. Our 4-3 DT’s with execption of Suh and Mitchell couldnt make the switch to 3-4 DE so past the starters of Suh Phillips and Mitchell we would need another layer of depth each spot. I actually think Suh and Phillips would thrive in a 3-4. I agree with you, we arent switching any time soon. Fastest i could see it would be after a couple more offseasons of adding guys that could play in a 4-3 currently but also transition to 3-4. It would for sure be a process, especially with losing people to FA along the way.

No I meant I don’t think base schemes matter much anymore. Football is very different than it was 10-15 years go or whatever.

Teams play nickel and dime over 60% of the time now. Just get good players. 4-2-5, 3-3-5, 4-1-6, 3-2-6, 3-1-7…

It’s funny I remember when the spread stuff started. Do you know the team that really started this new game?

December 28, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Are you locked into this draft or will it change at some point? LOL
    —————————————–
    That was a what if draft. We all kept talking about transitioning, i was just saying if we are planning on it, this is how i would draft to make that possible in next couple of years.

If I were a shark……..

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 7m7 minutes ago
    Jay Ayai says he heard the train horn piped incessantly into stadium by Bills last week. “I laughed to myself,” he said.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 5m5 minutes ago
    Jay Ajayi: I consider myself one of the best at my position. Said the Pro Bowl exclusion has given him added motivation.

If we really solidify the OL in the offseason with better depth so when guys do go down we can keep things rolling, do you think Ajayi is capable of a 2,000 yard season? I do! 🙂

December 28, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Yeah okay. LOL
    Rock: So you’re name is Paige?
    Paige: Yes, wanna f**k?
    Rock: No thank you. You have ginormous flipper feet. I mean really, how do you buy shoes for those giant feet?

Okay so you have a foot fetish and hate the letters u and c. LOL

No, I just couldn’t think of a more asinine reply! She could have club feet or no feet at all and it wouldn’t change things much for me! LOL But she does have some big ‘ol feet. (or maybe it’s the refraction of the water in that picture)

I wouldn’t kick her out of bed for eating crackers….damn, she could eat a small child in my bed and I still wouldn’t kick her out. (the cannibal way not the other way)

how come when I refresh the page it always brings me to the top of one of D’s posts? Man my are gets a workout scrolling back to the bottom every day!

This would be my full speed ahead draft, no consideration for a future in a 3-4. That last draft though, i wouldnt be disappointed if we wound up with that, i addressed a need at TE, i got us a couple of pass rushers one of which could probably play 4-3 OLB, though i would prefer him as a pure pass rusher. I solidified the OL adding a guy who could get us a upgrade at OG and provide us with insurance at OC.

25: R1P25 LB REUBEN FOSTER ALABAMA
    57: R2P25 C PAT ELFLEIN OHIO STATE
    98: R3P34 EDGE DAWUANE SMOOT ILLINOIS
    166: R5P24 TE JEREMY SPRINKLE ARKANSAS
    176: R5P34 CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON COLORADO
    204: R6P25 EDGE TYUS BOWSER HOUSTON
    243: R7P25 LB HARDY NICKERSON ILLINOIS

Hey Rock, why is your right forearm so much bigger than your left forearm?

It’s all the scrolling I do to get past D’s posts. It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of masturbation that I do.

LOL @ Rock

Now every time I refresh the page it brings me up to the picture of Paige….Much better. Still a lot of scrolling to do, but sometimes I just don’t bother.

I dont think Ajayi is capable of 2k yards. Thats a retarded number of yards unable to be achieved but just a couple. I dont think we have the offense for it to happen, since we do have more than just a running game, i dont think we would want that either, i think Gase wants more than him taking the snaps and we have enough viability in our other backs not to need him to do that. AP did it in Minnesota during a year they didnt have shit on offense other than him. With an offense that was tailored with him as the featured offensive weapon. I just dont see that ever happeneing to Ajayi.

I do think he runs with the conviction of a guy who could pull it off. He is a driven player, whogives his all. I just dont think we would need him to reach that mark to be successful and as such i dont think they would push him that hard.

It would “only be” 125 yards per game. If we had a healthy O-line I don’t see that as impossible for the way he runs.

Pouncey makes a huge difference. His 2nd level blocking is what helped J-Train get 5, 8, 11 and 15 yard runs over and over.

I think Ajayi should use it as motivation, but a snub on your first year playing at a ProBowl level really isnt shocking or disrespectful for that matter.

Im sure the excessive masturbation contributes some….

D, look at Ajayi’s first 4 games and then the period when the OL broke down. He runs like his life is on the line. 2,000 yards could have happened this year if everything went right. He’s the best player on this team right now.

Ahhhhhhhh ok?

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 11m11 minutes ago
      Sam Young extension is worth $200,000 to sign now and next year is a $50,000 workout and $900,000 salary, one year extension. Good for him.

People don’t realize how much he played and helped the team this year. We did win 9 of our last 10 and made the playoffs right? 🙂

???????????

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 10m10 minutes ago
    I’m told reason WR Rashawn Scott was active over Leonte Carroo last wk is he was better in practice. Not first week it happened, either.

84. 81Howie says:

Big play capital of the NFL
    next Man UP
    Micheal Thomas

85. 81Howie says:

Evening Update
    DOLPHINS-PATRIOTS
    Piggy 24-21 MIA
    Rhino 28-27 MIA
    Howie 31-24 MIA
    Rock 34-12 NE
    Pump 27-24 MIA
    B’man 34-31 MIA
    Herd 30-27 MIA
    FINS ARE FOR REAL!

A 1st and 4th for Garopolo? He hasn’t even played 2 full games. LOL at anyone who pays that price for him

Ken, the wheel goes round and round, round and round, round and round! LOL

If we get blown out by the Pats this week it means nothing. We got blown out by the Ravens and we came back to win 3 in a row to make the playoffs

Kaaya is not helping his draft stock tonight

Send in your questions!

ASK MIKE nj1dolfan@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Jahn,
    This is why I’m scared of this game and it becoming a blow out. The pats are tired of losing to us and are very focused on winning this game big. I have bad memories of similar talk from Belicheat.

I hope this phins team shows up and keeps the game competitive even though it doesn’t mean much.

from herald.
    “▪ Belichick is always good for a five to 10-word answer to questions he doesn’t like. He held true to form Wednesday, when asked if the Dolphins’ three-game winning streak against the Patriots in Miami would give the Dolphins an edge this game.
    His response?
    “I don’t know. I guess we’ll see Sunday.”
    Belichick did add later: “Hopefully we can play competitively down there.”

This game is irrelevant. Stay healthy by avoiding injury is all that matters this week.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

so you don’t think it matters to the phins in the playoffs if we get blown out or not? I don’t think that’s what gase wants to see.

THREE THINGS I WANT TO SEE SUNDAY AT HARD HEAD STADIUM:
    1) Cam Wake spiking the football while it’s still attached to Brady’s hand;
    2) Phillips running full speed out of bounds and knocking Belicheat into a seat in the 10th row;
    3) Miami humiliating the Cheatriots with a blow-out win as Dolfans go apeshit!!!!
    ——————
    Y’ALL GOT THAT, NOW???
    ——————

HOWIE — HOWIE — HOWIE
    42-13 MIA

NO ONE ON THE PLANET has gone on record as predicting a Dolphins’ blowout win this Sunday.–Well CHANGE THAT, my friends!!
    —————
    ONE TEAM has emotion on their side.
    ONE TEAM has recent history on their side.
    ONE TEAM WANTS TO MAKE A STATEMENT THAT CAN’T POSSIBLY BE MISUNDERSTOOD!!
    The Miami Dolphins will make that statement on Sunday.
    I CAN’T WAIT!!
    ———————
    THIS GAME will mark the final home game for my brother-in-law, who has loyally supported this team for all 51 seasons, missing only THREE HOME GAMES IN THOSE 51 SEASONSLet’s win this game for HIM!!

C’mon guys, girls!

1 more question please, I hate to have less than 4 . . .

ASK MIKE

nj1dolfan@yahoo.com

Boulder I said the Patriot game is irrelevant not the playoffs

IT’s certainly NOT irrelevant to my brother-in-law. Ken. IN FACT, I think ONLY winning the Super Bowl would out rank a win over the Cheats from his (and my) point of view.

If Ajayi gets injured in a win over the Pats but we lose round 1 in the playoffs because we can’t run would it be worth it?

Boulder I don’t think what happens impacts how we play in the playoffs. We got blown out by the Ravens and then we won 3 in a row

98. I’m not sweat’n through this week’s game, just gonna smile through a games entirety (while I can), for the first time since 66 at 7 years old when just having a home team was good enough!!!

Feel we were pretty fortunate to literally disable Big Ben & Company IN Miami !!!

GOFINS!!!
    Who knows maybe it’s one of those schemes that we happen to match-up well against??
    Leagues best WR, RB, and Ben !!!

A 15 lb barbell will vary from scale to scale. That’s my final answer!

I think we can hang with the Steelers KV, provided no one else in our secondary gets injured, and we don’t allow Bell to run for 300 +

KV

I like my players to play. I totally understand not playing them too, but I want my players healthy and ready. How many times do WC teams upset teams that have a bye? It’s supposed to be an advantage, but if you don’t play for a couple of weeks, it’s not as easy to just back into it.

• Me too Mike, as “”long as no one else in our secondary gets”” (the I word), or anyone for that matter !!!

Yea, I wouldn’t want us to risk losing our groove/mojo, and know that Gase is all about nothing but winning (no matter the circumstances)!!!

I agree Mike, and I don’t see a difference between someone getting hurt in a meaningless game and a team resting guys only to have them come out soft the next week, except when you play them and no one gets hurt you are ahead of where you’d be, if you rested players.

I missed the game
    How did Njoku look?

He might look good in Dolphins colors

D, on the subject of changing to a 3-4, I usually value your opinion, but when you say Wake can’t play OLB in a 3-4, when that’s where he started his Fins career playing, then I have to question everything you wrote (on the 3-4 transition).

I agree with D on Ajayi not getting 2000 yards. Why does anyone care if he does? It’s just a stat, that doesn’t directly relate to wins. We’ ll see 8 in the box every week his ypc will go down, and the O won’t be as good. I like the way Gase mixes it up now, we don’t rely on one player to need a great game to win.

I don’t think KC loses to SD, so a win against the Cheats doesn’t really mean anything, except I’d win the pool for both 11-5 record and game picks😆 what I’d really like to see is the cheats give their all and barely win. We have to go through them to make the SB, and we aren’t beating them twice, so…

IUtah game looks like it’s being officiated by the Big10.

Mike might like this guy

RE Ajayi, I remember reading a stat during our run with the “Unicorns” all playing that Ajayi averaged over 8 yards per carry against 8 or more in the box. We need some depth on the Oline. We thought we had some before the season with two third round and a forth round guard on the roster and then adding Tunsil. Too bad those guys wound up being wasted picks. We could have been a higher seed this year if we had better depth on the line.

December 28, 2016 at 5:57 pm

What’s with this shit? Rock 34-12 NE
    LOL

Tim, have you looked at who will be starting at LB & S? we can’t stop shit over the middle with our healthy starters. We have injured backups playing this weekend. I think my score prediction is the most realistic of everyone’s so far. I feel good about the Dline and think Lippett and Howard have potential but they still make big mistakes at times and McCane scares me. Our banged up LB’s cant run with their scat backs and sneaky slot guys. Look for a bunch of short crossing routes across the middle by the TE’s RB’s and WR’s

Brady has automatic completions on those plays. The route runners cross right in front of the targeted defensive player and which ever way the Defensive player leans Brady throws the other way.

Jordan Leggett is a freaky athletes

6’7 Bucky Hodges

Terrific hands and a jersey you might want to buy

The standard at TE

The good professor has me looking at this guy

And yeah – he’s terrific

• Looks like the strong one of the bunch, like’Em all

Especially 6-7 / RZ threat Hodges, great seam/sideline speed and terrific body control/hands!!!

• Looks like the strong one of the bunch, like’Em all

Like Howard’s superior speed!!

Our UCLA guy (starts with D, always get his name mixed up with Doughty) was a collegiate play maker!! Mybe he gets up to speed in o17 ??

Dion Sims is a grokish type of beast strength wise!!!

Engram is listed at TE but he’s a lot like another WR

And that’s 7 TEs

It’s going to be a deep class (if they call come out)

It’s really hard to scout based on highlights, where inconsistencies don’t come into play.

I look at highlight compilations for two reasons. First one is to see the explosive nature of the player. Those are suppose to be their best plays and if they arent really impressive, then it actually makes me less likely to look deeper. The second reason is, on those explosive plays, was their key contribution to him being able to make that happen. I dont expect a player to do everything on his own, but knowing that they can make things happen, when everything isnt perfect, helps oyu know if that player elevates the level of play or if you have to be perfect for you to get the player as advertised.

I actually really critque a highlight compilation, in a more critical way than i do the regular game films, simply because if someone says, this is them at their best, it damn sure better be impressive.

I like Jeremy Sprinkle the best becaue he is solid in every aspect a TE is expected to be good in. I think Hunter Henry was a better prospect, infact i dont know that i have seen a better prospect since Jason Witten, in Hunter Henry. That said Sprinkle to me is like a combination of Antonio Gates and Martellus Bennett.

Jake Butt is going to be an OK TE between the 20’s but inside the 20’s he is going to really make his money. He is an incredible RZ TE.

BTW dont sleep on Gerald Everett from South Alabam, he is going to be more Charles Clay, or maybe Hernandez (minus the murder), but he is going to a tough dude to effectively cover with a LB. He is a mismatch guy. He probably has to be in the right system for him, and he might be more situation TE than every down guy, but he will be an almost instant contributor i think,/

118. naplesfan2010 says:

I do not like Engram, as he plays too light. And Butt is too slow and clumsy.
    I prefer Hodges, Sprinkles, Leggett, and Howard in that order.
    But i do not think we need a TE nearly as much as we need an ILB/MLB and edge rushing DE.
    These should be taken in rounds 1 & 2 in whichever order yields the best bang for the buck.
    Then I think our next biggest need is an OG who can play Center.

Do we still not have any picks in Rounds 3 and 4?

119. naplesfan2010 says:

In FA who do you guys like?
    Can we sign Nick Perry since GB probably cannot afford him?

Im not taking Sprikle off my list because of a shoplifting offense. Stupid yes, but it isnt a sign that he is undraftable by a long shot.