Participation Trophy

He didn’t even have to ask, it was obvious something happened between them in the Ladies room (hair out of place, smeared lipstick, tossed clothes), after all he was the one who introduced Brenda to Erika.

“Ok we can leave now, take us back to your place”, Brenda said to him as they approached.

Being the gentleman he is he politely opened the door for them and escorted them to his car.

“You’ll get a participation trophy tonight”, Brenda whispered to him as he opened the car door.

Whoa hold-on, wait a minute-wrong blog!

A Sonny Postmortem

Excuse me, that  wasn’t supposed to be on here, that was for something else…

But now that you mention it – Should the Dolphins get a participation trophy for making the playoffs this year?nhhahwq

How about a proverbial trophy, or is it just an atta-boy.

Don’t make me list all of the accomplishments of this season, I know we started 1-4 and then a firecracker went off in the teams ass, they were pumping out wins so fast no one had time to notice the injuries piling up, the young players maturing but also struggling, a coaching staff taking hold with a clear direction, followed by consequences when someone tries their own direction. We just kept winning, it was glorious.

So what are we left with?forrest-gump17

Are good or are we lucky?

I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floatin’ around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it’s both. – Forrest Gump

Are we better because we made the playoffs or are we better and made the playoffs?

I think a solid core is emerging that will lead this team to become a perennial playoff contender no matter how bitter yesterday’s loss was. I think in large part it starts with Jarvis Landry, it starts there and spreads through guys like Wake and Suh, Albert and Pouncey followed by a host of 1-3 yr players. We’ve had some decent success in the draft recently and we’re beginning to see it evolve. Injuries took their toll on a fragile roster and clearly defined the cracks that need to be addressed and that will be discussed profoundly over the next several months.

092616 Dolphins wi 20

So we enter at least this post season with a bit of a hop in our step for at least participating in the playoffs. Equal growth into next season would make the 2017 Dolphins pretty formiddable.

If you want to crown ’em – crown ’em

They’re who we thought they were…

Adam Gase

Thanks Coach Gase. You gave us hope what more could we ask for.

This entry was posted in A Sonny Football Fantasy. Bookmark the permalink.

824 Responses to Participation Trophy

Wow, this game is getting interesting.

2. Rhino says:

GB or Dallas … either one beats Atlanta, imo

3. Rhino says:

wtf kind of call is that

4. Rhino says:

dallas can’t win it but they can lose it on this play

OH MY….clutch kick on the road 56 yds….ballsy!

One of the best games I have seen in a while

WOW, then the tying kick from Dallas 52 yds…..sheesh

8. Rhino says:

huge hit by Heath

What a game!

Batman

Crosby…da FOOT!

Suck it Jerry Jones….LMAO!

13. Rhino says:

last team with the ball. wow

Heath fucked up on the sack, he had an easy strip, but didn’t go for it. Wake would’ve had the strip.

15. Rhino says:

Cowboys need to spend every FA $ and draft pick on defense…. um… just like us

I think the Falcons could beat either the Pack or the ‘Boys. That offense can go toe to toe with the Packs offense IMO. It will probably be a similar game to this one, in the mid to high 30’s for both teams.

Maybe a qb does matter. Got to give Rogers lots of props for that game.

Cook showing his worth as a TE

19. Rodgers on another echelon all by himself.

So that was an entertaining game. Close to the end and my own team wasn’t in it so I didn’t have a heart attack. I get it now. lol

What a game

The Chiefs dialing up the Same D we did?

No resistance whatsoever from Pittsburgh on that drive

I hate the Packers

I could see 41-38 in the NFC Championship game. Neither team is all that on defense.

Really wish Dak had got a shot to get to the Superbowl, but that game wasn’t lost because of him by any stretch of the imagination. Probably even more drama for Dallas off season now and the QB discussion.

The play that cost Dallas was the spike to stop the clock, with about 50 seconds left on first down. We did the same stupid shit against Buffalo that caused us to have to kick the 55 yarder at the end of regulation.

The other play I hate as much as the spike at the wrong time is at the end of a half, you move the ball at will through the air, then get to the 35 and start running it, like Pitt just did. Happened by Packers before the 55 yard FG.

The cheats would’ve gotten that PI.

30. Rhino says:

as I said at 8:51 pm regarding NFC game…. last team with the ball…. I know everyone hates the Cowboys, but the rookie QB and RB was a damn good story.

Shitting tackling by the chiefs

I am so sick of hearing the “patience” song with Bell every single play.

33. Rhino says:

chiefs are well coached… but don’t have raw talent that Pittsburgh has

34. I wanted Shazier in the draft but I think Tak could be even better for us than Shazier is for Pitt. I want Tak as an OLB though. Not edge.

Lou

I think he’s a heck of a prospect
    But I worry, in today’s pass happy NFL, a lb should have some college experience in coverage

I think of him as a 4-3 DE
    But he’s gotta put on weight for that

• I don’t want him as a DE. I’d much rather him as a 4-3 OLB. He can set the edge, he can rush the passer if you wish and he WILL be able to cover rb’s or TE’s. He runs a 4.5 40 and he’s extremely athletic. There’s no doubt in my mind he will excel in coverage. he won’t be a 2 down lb.
      You watch his film and he’s an unbelievable talent. Never stops and his play speed is tremendous. I love guys who run plays down from behind. He never gives up on a play.
      Very high character guy too

Just realized the steelers went 1 – 2 DBs in the draft last year

I really think we probably need to go 1-2 defense this year
    And maybe next year

38. There seems to be some discussion from scouts that Chad Kelly can drop as far as the 6th rd. Now I’m not going to start with a qb controversy. That’s not what I’m looking at here.
    but, if we end up with 3 fifth rd picks like some say we may with our comps I would use one on him or take him in the 6th if he’s still there and this way you’re not heavily invested in him just in case he is a problem child.
    Develop him behind RT for a couple of seasons and then you’ve either got another guy you could start who possibly is a better talent than what you’ve got and you can trade RT or you have a guy who ppl may consider a starter who you can trade for a lot more than what you invested in him as a pick.

“There seems to be some discussion from scouts that Chad Kelly can drop as far as the 6th rd. Now I’m not going to start with a qb controversy. That’s not what I’m looking at here.”

Yes you are, be honest, why sugar coat it? LOL

WELL MY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION was truly spectacular!! Phone calls, birthday cards, presents, a terrific steak dinner and, of course, PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!! Only a Dolphins playoff victory could have made it better!! And, speaking of which, about 4-5 key additions to the roster is all that separates Miami from being a LEGITIMATE super bowl contender (assuming we don’t get another devastating run of injuries to key players in 2017).
    ————–
    My next birthday COULD BE EVEN MORE SPECTACULAR!! – – WHOOPEEE!

There was a guy (Jones I think was his last name) at shrine game that was all over the field as a LB. He, they said was a DE convert, so he may not have the experience he needs but I think he has the ability at the position from way he looked in the game. Might be a later round consideration for us, second LB pickup.