Are the Dolphins OK at RB?

2017-06-03_134338

A healthy Jay Ajayi/Kenyan Drake combo could be a great combo, but unfortunately, there are now concussion concerns with our star RB.  What happens if Jay Ajayi is out for a prolonged period of time?  Do the Dolphins have enough talent in their backfield w/o Ajayi to make a playoff run?  Let’s take a look . . .

At Alabama, Kenyan Drake was never “the man”, and was always 2nd fiddle to big back Derrick Henry.  Drake had the talent, and was thought to be the guy, but nagging injuries always stole the opportunity for him.  In his Sophomore year in 2013, Drake had a nice season, carrying (his high) 92 carries for 694 yards, an impressive 7.5 YPC, along with 8 rushing TD’s.  Drake also caught 12 passes for 135 yards and 1 TD.  In his entire college career, spanning 4 seasons, Drake had a total of 1495 yards rushing.  That’s good and bad.  Bad, because he was never asked to carry the load, and good, because he should have a lot more miles left on what should be fresh legs.

Last season as a Miami Dolphins RB, Drake was used sparingly, carrying the ball only 33 times for 179 yards with 2 rushing TD’s.  Drake also caught 9 passes for 46 yards.  In comparison, Ajayi had 260 carries, so Drake was just in to spell Ajayi, no more than that.  The Dolphins also have Damien Williams, who was used in a few different capacities, as a FB, and also as a solid receiver out of the backfield.  Williams actually had 2 more carries than Drake, 35 for 115 yards and 3 rushing TD’s.  Williams added 23 receptions for 249 yards and 3 TD’s.  We also have Storm Johnson, who is on his 3rd team in 3 years, taking the full FLA tour, playing for the Jaguars, Bucs, and now Dolphins.  Also on the roster is Senorise Perry and De’veon Smith.  De’Veon is probably the only other back here with a fair amount of carries, although in college, at Michigan. De”veon Smith finished his career at Michigan with 495 carries and 2235 yards, 22 TD’s, and a 4.5 YPC.

There was a report that the Dolphins may be interested in well traveled RB DeAngelo Williams, who was a long time Carolina Panthers, and then Pittsburgh Steelers RB. Williams, now 34, can’t be expected to carry the load Ajayi did last year, or more importantly, was expected to carry this year.   Williams had less than 100 carries last year, and shouldn’t be expected for much more than that.  The Dolphins really need Ajayi, and then we need to pray that he doesn’t have any concussion issues.  You can always find a running back to help out, but it’s not likely to find one that can give you what Ajayi gave us last year, or was hoped to give us this year.

Do you think we’ll be OK?

Go Dolphins!  Zero in!

1,135 Responses to Are the Dolphins OK at RB?

Naples stats based incentives are a tough thing to do based on how the game is played week to week. If it’s about TD passes and we’re running down people’s throats that’s unfair.

Okay here it is if it’s accurate.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 1h1 hour ago
      Dolphins QB Jay Cutler’s incentives:
      $1M -> 75% p/t & playoffs
      $1M -> 75% p/t & playoff win
      $1M -> 75% p/t & offense finishing Top 10 in TDs

That’s all fair stuff.

I wouldn’t exactly calls those likely to reach incentives, which is good. I hope he makes $13M this year.

You know what, the media loves to post pics of Cutler looking annoyed or disinterested when there are plenty of him smiling and having fun. So FLA media already doing it. It’s kind of fucked up.

I remember hearing maybe back in May when OTAs were starting and football was being discussed again, Mike Francesa said he thought Cutler was one of those guys where the media and public make him out to be something he’s not. The guy has a ton of talent, he can make every throw and he can tear you apart. Kind of the way people treat Tony Romo but even worse.

It would be easy to post pics of Gase looking annoyed but he’s getting some love. It’s an example of how the media can sway public opinion. Don’t be influenced by it, do your own research. It’s out there to make a much more informed opinion on your own. There is a lot of crap out there.

3. jetsssuck says:

For the people who know Cutler izs a type 1 diabetic. The fact he can play at such a high level of professional sports is a victory for all diabetics. .

if we rely solely on Cutler as the great savior to carry us to the post season we’ll be disappointed, what’s going to make this year successful is Jay Ajayi and our run defense . if he can run the ball as effective as he did last year it will not only take pressure off of Cutler but also the Defense as well.

Today is my 49th birthday. I’m not happy about that. I guess it is better than the alternative. 😉

HA!! It is only my 48th Birthday!!! I just got an extra year! How the hell did I think I was a year older than I actually am?? LOL My co-worker just pointed out to me that for as long as he’s known me (15 years) I have been 6 months older than him. He said buddy check your math.

BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER!

Rob, I agree with your analysis regarding the need to run the ball effectively. However, not even Ajayi could run effectively behind the offensive line that started vs. Pittsburgh in the playoff game. And THAT O-Line damn near got Moore killed that day!! Right now, the O-Line needs help. And I expect the FO to do just that when cuts occur late August and early September. A better O-Line makes our offense better AND our defense better when they are allowed to be on the sidelines watching another Dolphins clock-eating long drive.

More injuries to our O-Line are likely to occur. We need to be ready with an adequate replacement for these guys. ARE WE READY??

On NFL radio this morning, I think they summed up our situation perfectly. Chris Perkins from the SS came on, along with hosts Bob Papa and Ed McCaffrey. I know we expected improvement from RT this season, so that kind of puts a little dent in what they said, but the truth is, Jay Cutler put very similar numbers, almost identical under Gase, I think here in Miami, while Cutler won’t have the great receiving RB Forte was, Ajayi, WIlliams and Drake are pretty good in their own right, and the receiving corps here in Miami should be far better than what he had in CHI. Cutler had 21 TD’s and 11 INT’s in ’15, I think he can do that or better, especially with TD’s here in MIA.

Happy Birthday Rock!

9. jetsssuck says:

Happy Birthday man…Working on your birthday?

Does it look like I’m working Jetsssuck? LOL

My body is here. That is the best they can hope for today.

• jetsssuck says:

came in to work to collect the presents and goodwill today? You should ask your work friends who wants to go to a expensive place for lunch. You know they won’t make you pay since it’s your birthday……

• jetsssuck says:

maybe show some co-workers the dolphin store of jersey’s and give them a hint or two you don’t have this jersey yet. You may get a free dolphin jersey out of this birthday thing.

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
    Another Jakeem Grant touchdown. He’s having the day of his life. From Cutler.

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 4m4 minutes ago
    First impression of Jay Cutler: That man can chuck it around pretty good. Flat-footed, 40-yard passes on the money.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 3m3 minutes ago
    Jay Cutler had surgery in his labrum (throwing shoulder) and was cleared in March. By looks today arm is fine.

Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz 15s15 seconds ago
    Contenders for Dolphins sixth WR job, if keep six, keep going down. Rashawn Scott foot. Isaiah Ford knee. And now Malcolm Lewis concussion

16. jetsssuck says:

I think they will go with quick passes a lot since that can minumize OL weakness’. NE Brady does that with the low quality of OL he has.

Pat Kirwan thinks the Patriots have a top 5 O-line

• jetsssuck says:

with holding a block for under 2 seconds is a lot easier than long developing routes that take time to develope.The quick hitters freezes up the DL and LB and this eventually opens up running. Cutler has the arm for these quick routes.

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 4m4 minutes ago
    Absolutely no sign of rust from Cutler today. Nimble in the pocket, accurate. Uncanny that a guy can show up after 8 months off and do this.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 4m4 minutes ago
    Jay Cutler just rolled into South Florida and started slinging lasers, like, yeah, no biggie

jetssuck

I get what you’re saying, and I think you’re right, about quick passes. It just really surprised me a couple of weeks listening to Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller, and actually both of them had the Pats o-line in the top 5

I totally agree OD, the game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

21. jetsssuck says:

anyone remember the first moves after NE lost to Bronco’s in afc chaminship was? He got rid of his OL coach and convinced NE long time OL coach to come out of retirement.

If i were running a team all my early picks would be at the ol and dl with an eye on a QB, skilled players would be down the pecking order as they are a dime a dozen

I just read an article that said Tim Tebow was in consideration for the job prior to cutler taking it

Calvin Johnson was at practice in miami giving tips to our rec’s

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 1h1 hour ago
    That’s two touchdowns for Jakeem Grant in today’s practice.

Adam Beasley ✔ @AdamHBeasley
    Zach Thomas is at practice today.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly
    Imagine the wisdom that Raekwon McMillan could get from Zach Thomas, who is just making a cameo at Dolphins camp.

Armando Salguero ✔ @ArmandoSalguero
    So Moore and Cutler splitting first-team snaps in team period.

LOL @ jetssuck – Yeah, he was waiting all those years to finally meet me. 😀

He was such a cool guy. We had a nice long talk about his playing days and the new Dolphins at the time, which I think now was about 3 years ago, not positive

30. naplesfan2010 says:

WOW … lasers

31. naplesfan2010 says:

downfield

on the touchdown pass to grant cutler was smoking a cigarette as he dropped back!

“The Jaguars have slammed the door on a possible return by left tackle Branden Albert. The team announced Tuesday the nine-year veteran will be placed on the reserve/retired list despite Albert approaching them Friday about the opportunity to return to the NFL.”

Are we still in the dark as to whether Tannehill will have surgery or not ?

I have not seen anything credible confirmed either way

Anyone?

I don’t think it matters, except he may be wasting a few weeks. I think he has to have the surgery. Pretty sure after he gets his 2nd and 3rd opinions, he’ll be getting it done.

To my understanding it still has not been determined if he needs surgery or just extended rest

Gase said there has been no decision made yet. Tannehill is getting multiple medical opinions. (I think Tanny is dragging his feat personally. I think he doesn’t want to be out the entire year and have to fight back through rehap, etc)

Thanks
    That is what I thought
    Still in the dark

On the Albert “Un-retiring” thing. If Albert did not file his paperwork with the league to retire, then the Jagoffs putting him on Reserve / retired list won’t hold up. He will be a FA when the season starts.

The article that I pulled that from said that there was a meeting with him and that was what was agreed too. So least according to the team sounded like it was by mutual agreement.

Adam Beasley ✔ @AdamHBeasley
    No medical update as of this time with Ryan Tannehill. “It’s not an easy situation for him to be in,” Gase said.

Armando Salguero ✔ @ArmandoSalguero
    Adam Gase says Ryan Tannehill wants to stay involved.

He’s that type of guy, but even if he wasn’t…..in his own self-interest. Next year’s contract leaves him open to a cut.

then again, Albert may have decided to un-retire because the Jagoffs have the right to come after him for the prorated portion of his signing bonus paid to him in 2014. I’m sure Albert doesn’t want to write that freaking check. (the money is probably spent already)

Ryan’s not even part of the convo for this year. Gase said when we signed Cutler it’s better to have TWO QB’s that can play than one, meaning Cutler and Moore.

• BoulderPhinfan says:

I’m sure he’ll have surgery in the next few days.

He’s still a part of the conversation

Odds aren’t good, but I’m guessing the only reason they haven’t made a final decision is the remote possibility of playing in 2017

41. naplesfan2010 says:

Happy B’Day Rock. I’ll have some whiskey later in your honor.
    PS: Are you up around Merritt Island?

Armando Salguero ✔ @ArmandoSalguero
    Jay Cutler said he’d like to play in the second preseason game but says it’s not a certainty. Will depend how he feels.

I guess these brothers aren’t fans of Cutler

Tight end Martellus Bennett, who played with Cutler for three years in Chicago, last year told ESPN: “I’d be open and he’d throw into double coverage.”

Seattle defensive end Michael Bennett told ESPN that Cutler “is the worst quarterback in the NFL.”

Sounds like sour grapes. As far as Michael, that’s just a silly thing to say.

Bennett was 2nd on the team with 80 targets in ’15, only Alshon Jeffery had more (94). Fuck off!

Those two talk a lot of trash – and that’s there way
      Michael doesn’t like Tanny much either from what I remember

They are both above average players in this league but they way they talk, they should be top 5 at their position and I doubt either would be if you named the top 5 DEs or TEs

They’ve been on 8 different teams between the two of them

Also its worth mentioning that Martellus’ only probowl year was 2014, when Cutler was his QB

44. jetsssuck says:

i think a lot of him playing soon depends on his diabetes plan for the humid weather. Real tricky for anyone with type 1 but you have a professional athlete is more tricky. One good thing is the diabetes research facilities that we have in the hospital district.

Go JT!! LOL

Belichick told Patriots reporters on Tuesday that Taylor mentioning him in his speech was “tremendously flattering. Believe me, he didn’t have nearly as much as respect for me as I had for him. There hasn’t been a player that we gameplanned for like we did for Jason Taylor. Tremendous player, very very disruptive, and literally a guy we had to account for on every single play. I can remember with Charlie [Weis], with Josh [McDaniels] always making sure we accounted for him on every single snap.

“Hell, half of the reason he’s in the Hall of Fame is because of what he did against us.”

Belichick was just getting started: “Tackles were an issue, tackles for a loss were an issue, but the bigger issue was tackles for loss that caused fumbles and then scoop-and-scores off that. In the passing game, sacks were an issue. It was the strip sacks and the scoop-and-scores off the strip sacks that were even a bigger problem. Batted balls. They were a problem. Tipped balls that went for interceptions. “Those were the kind of things that kept you up all week when playing Taylor.”

This gives me faith in Cutler

ProFootballReference‏Verified account @pfref 21m21 minutes ago
    Jay Cutler is tied for 35th all-time in passing TDs. If he throws for 25 this year, he’ll pass Steve Young’s total https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_career.htm

He’s the worst, Michael Bennett said so.

Believe it or not, but at least statistically, Jay Cutler is trending towards a top-25 QB of all-time. If he puts together a 3,500+ yard, 30+ TD, and 90+ RAT this season alone, he’s there.

He probably has at least 4 more good years left in him being he just turned 34… and granted he doesn’t decide to retire yet again (which was absolutely foolish on his part to begin with).

• pheloniusphish says:

He retired because Chicago cut him and there were only a few teams that he wanted to paly for and they all had QB (Miami).

Passing stats all time are so skewed they’re really not worth mentioning, unless you want to favorable compare someone from an earlier time to a later time. They do this shit around hall of fame time every year.

He’s got over 200 TDs
      Most seasons he is just below a 2:1 TD/INT ratio

My Piggy synopsis on Cutler is that he makes a lot of bad decisions but he makes plays too

I do think we will put up good offensive numbers with Cutler as our QB
      But that doesn’t always lead to many wins, particularly if turnovers are an issue

More importantly he’s fun to make fun of 😀

Some of the things Cutler is criticized for are the same things Brett Favre was loved for

The game has changed though with Brady, Rogers and Manning avoiding interceptions

August 8, 2017 at 12:36 pm (Edit)
    I’m disappointed there are only 3 more episodes, and then it’s rumored to not be back until 2019

**************
    what?

I don’t think they are coming back at all
    I think this is the conclusion of the story

Happy Birthday Rock!

Piggy

Definitely not. There will be another season, but they don’t think it will be ready for 2018, so they’re pushing it back to ’19. My son reads up on GOT all the time, so he’s very current with what’s going on.

I find it reporter retarded when they have Grant on the bubble, because he drops a punt in a scrimmage, if he can’t field punts let him stick to KOs and offense. He can be a dynamic player, don’t write him off yet.

A lot of people (particularly in the media) remember that Cutler was the highest paid QB in NFL history several years ago. I think that has left a very sour taste in their mouths. They bought into the hype of the $$$ and feel as though he has let them down. I hate to tell them that it’s a TEAM game and it’s immature to clown/blame Cutler with these “Smoking Jay Cutler” memes/shorts.

Cutler’s body of work is NICE, especially when realizing he’s played for non-contenders with few contributors on his Offenses over the years other than 6x Pro-Bowler Brandon Marshall.

There’s only 1 player in Miami Dolphins history who has more passing yardage and TDs than Jay Cutler: his name rhymes with Man Darino. And undoubtedly, Cutler has the strongest arm our Phins have seen since Marino and Culpepper (<– very briefly).

I'm liking Cutler's signing more and more every day!

• BoulderPhinfan says:

The main question is does he want to win? I never saw a winner in cutler. Maybe Gase can change that but his demeanor in chicago was “doesn’t care about winning”. The whole thing in his presser that his wife had to convince him to play is worrisome to me.

I think Moore wants to win more than cutler.

Wow, that’s what you took out of it?

I remember chatting with a certain future HOFer who was questioned whether he wanted to win after his brief tenure with the Raiders. Everybody said he was a quitter and didn’t have the passion to win. Well, he’s likely to be a 1st-ballot HOFer (or at least he should be).

His name? RANDY MOSS

• BoulderPhinfan says:

mf13
        Well going into NE had something to do with it because both brady and belicheat wanted to win. As I said maybe Gase desire to win can change that with cutler but his not giving shit about winning (specially after that playoffs game against GB) is part of the reason people don’t think he really wants to win.

Around The NFL‏Verified account @AroundTheNFL 3m3 minutes ago
    .@DanHanzus to the Football Internet: Leave Jay Cutler alone, he’s fine

Thinking that Cutler and Omar are not going to get along well. O might end up saying how we were so much better with Tanny…..whatever the stats are. 🙂

Cutler has Marino-itis, which is the belief that you can complete a pass to any receiver no matter the circumstance. It cost Marino plenty of ints too.

Am gathering that Kristin Cavallari was a reality tv star….any of you guys know much about her? Caught she was a star on Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County. Never heard of it before. Even if you watched can claim someone else was a fan.

That show has been off the air for quite a while
      There’s not much to say
      She hasn’t done much except reality tv

She doesn’t have to
      She married cutler

Sorta guessing even if not a new Miko that we’ll at least be reading more about her though……and Jay claims she was the one who talked talked him into it.

Adam Beasley‏Verified account @AdamHBeasley 52s53 seconds ago
    Ndamukong Suh has ‘ultimate respect’ for Jay Cutler. Here’s why.

Piggy

Season 8 of Game of Thrones was announced by D.B. Weiss and David Benioff on March 12, 2017. Like the seventh season, Season 8 will be shorter than previous seasons, consisting of six episodes, due to the smaller amount of story content remaining, as well as the increased production values and time required to film episodes involving larger set pieces than in previous seasons. Filming will begin in September 2017.

The season is expected to premiere in late 2018/early 2019.

I think Boulder is right
    More than anything what people criticize Cutler for is his attitude

That said – maybe he gets a bum wrap bc he always looks like he is sulking…lol

He’s confident and he’s talented and those things are good to have

It’s more than his attitude. He has 2 winning seasons in 11 years. Fair or not, so many people judge QB’s by wins and losses

I think the idea that he doesn’t want to win is silly. Kind of hard to play this game and compete and not care about winning. That’s a perception thing that gets created by the media and picked up by fans. I don’t think it really exists.

When people don’t win + they have permanent sour ouss face, people are going to say they don’t want to win

But I have always hated those sort of projections in sports

But is it crazy to say cutler may not be as committed as what is required to be successful in the NFL? I think it’s definately an oversimplification to say he doesn’t want to win, but the underlying criticism is about his commitment and sacrifice that he’s willing to make

I don’t know. I think that is something you really have to be close to to judge

If that was a real thing I doubt Gase brings him here.

Gase knows him better than most

Phish

The books aren’t finished yet are they?

61. drg says:

Mike,

That would suck if GOT pushed back to 2019. Only six episodes left after this season. Too short, and that’s not even bringing up the books. I have serious doubts we will even see one more book at this rate.

I mean it’s better to take their time with he story than to rush out a crappy story to end it and leave us with that taste in our mouth like “what happened”

62. drg says:

Seeing a lot of rationlizing going on with Cutler and I get it… I’m doing the same thing. That said, was he ever a guy you were afraid to face when he played for another team? I always knew he’d give up as many big plays as he made. My thought is that the offense will rally behind him if they get off to a great start. If it goes sideways at all we are going to hear a lot of chirping about how Matt Moore is the guy that the players want in there.

As some have said, hopefully his bad rep is mostly undeserved and he takes advantage of this opportunity. I’d love to see it.

I agree

If we didn’t sign Cutler I would not have anything positive to say about him

He has some good qualities though

and Its August and there are many other positive things about this team so I don’t think anyone wants to throw in the towel

but I don’t want to participate too much in talking cutler up. I am enjoying poking fun at him putting on the sideline though…lol

If you watch Eli Manning’s body language you could say the same thing about him. But he’s won so people don’t say that about him. It’s perception not reality.

People do say the same thing about Eli
      remember before he won the SB what Tiki said about him

It really is a superficial reaction when a QB is playing poorly
      Its not football talk

but in cutler’s case it does seem like few people have glowing comments about him and he’s had his chances to excel in this league

I just think it’s funny more than anything else
    I don’t take it too seriously

“Hey guys we are going to the Super Bowl!!!”

65. ElephantRider says:

Lol at all the Cutler stuff. Especially up here where I’m at.

Whatever!

GO PHINS

66. jetsssuck says:

I see several comments about Cutler being a unmotivational player but do these people understand he is a type 1 diabetic that 95 % of the other players in league couldn’t play with. These people who critical of him need to educate themselves of the super feat he is doing by playing in NFL at a very high level. Every part/organ of the body is affected by diabetes and he has the most severe.

I think its just his reputation JS

but you do make a good point about overcoming adversity and no one talks about Cutler that way

• jetsssuck says:

uou never overcome diabetes. One moment he could bes jogging with beta cells working in Pancreas and the next moment the eye’s are not getting the blood beta cells.Very hard for him to level his blood glucose levels where they are very level instead of spikes of up and down

67. naplesfan2010 says:

Thank God we only had to give up money to get Cutler. The Vikings gave up a first rounder AND a fourth rounder for Bradford just last year.

Piggy – I think the books have been done for a long time. They should change the tag line to “Nuclear Winter is Coming.” Everybody dies and the dragons go extinct.

JS – I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have type 1 diabetes?

naplesfan2010 says:
    August 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
    Happy B’Day Rock. I’ll have some whiskey later in your honor.
    PS: Are you up around Merritt Island?

Thanks Naples! I own a home in Rockledege (directly West of Merritt Island on the mainland) but I don’t live there. It is vacant and costing me $2000 per month in carrying costs. I live in Boynton Beach, North of Delray and south of WPB.

Just like with Tannehill, we’re not asking Cutler to carry the team. Make the throws that are there, make a big play from time to time, protect the ball and hand it off. Cutler can do that. Then we need to play good defense and STs.

72. Phindog says:

RIP Glenn Cambell.. Sad

Fox News‏Verified account @FoxNews 1m1 minute ago
    BREAKING NEWS: Country music icon Glen Campbell has died at the age of 81, Fox News has learned. http://fxn.ws/2umN4s1

I always dug this song.

drg

I’m not convinced we’ll ever see another book either. I don’t care when they finish the series, I just want to see how it ends. It’s very entertaining, my family loves it, so it gives us plenty of enjoyment.

Piggy – No pigs…dragons ate them all. That’s what caused them to go extinct… trichinosis.

I wasn’t saying I agree with judging QB’s by wins and losses, I totally don’t, but you know as well as I do that a lot of people do, including so called experts.

Oh I know that. I’m just not one who buys into that as you know.

A friend of mine who is a big sports fan and not a Dolphins fan, he’s a Vikings fan, doesn’t like the Dolphins and couldn’t root for Marino. Once Marino was done playing he said that “the Marino isn’t great because he never won a SB” is nonsense. He said anyone who watched him play knows he was great even if he didn’t win it all. He was well aware that our defense stunk and we didn’t have much of a running game during his time. Many people are aware of that.

Really good reports on Godchaux and Taylor thus far. Godchaux has been running with the ones more so than Phillips and Taylor has been flashing as well. Like Gase has said, whoever has the best day goes back with the ones again the next day.

IMO, that’s solely to light a fire under Phillips ass. I hope it works. The kid (if he cares) should be totally embarrassed by having Godchaux leapfrog him

Godchaux has shown a nonstop motor and has been active. Not fair to undermine that because of Phillips.

Wasn’t Jason Taylor 4th round pick? And Zach a 5th? Draft position doesn’t always matter.

JT was a 3rd. He recently said during the HOF stuff that Jimmy Johnson passed on him to take Sam Madison hoping he’d still be there in the 3rd and it worked out.

80. drg says:

I’m excited to watch our defense this year. Howard and Lippett on the corners. Jones will be back wreaking havoc. Godchaux, Taylor, Suh. Harris and Wake. McMillan learning how to call the defense and developing.

They were hold your nose awful last year so I’m not expecting a complete turnaround yet, but they could develop into a good unit this year.

It’s almost like we have to be better right? You left out Maxwell, Branch and Timmons. 🙂

Branch is having a very good camp. Don’t right off Phillips either. He may never become great but he can still make an impact in the DL rotation. We have more talent and depth this year.

The coach makes all the difference. I thought tannehill under philbin had the same not caring about winning attitude. Last year under Gase was different imo. You could tell in the few 4 th quarter comebacks. Maybe it’s the same with cutler.

Gase really hates losing and that rubs off on players. He was still talking about the last 2 games from last year during the OTAs.

We found out Philbin and then Lazor were not Tannehill fans. So they asked him to throw all day and sometimes we ran the ball just 11 times. That made a whole lot of sense. LOL

82. naplesfan2010 says:

Hey I know those areas … did some business in Rockledge and also Boynton Beach, and I bought a Maserati on Merritt Island. Those are some pretty places, but the sunrises are blinding!.Surfed a couple times at Sebastian’s and Cocoa Beach. Aren’t they near there as well? The Space Coast they call it now, right? Cape Canaveral. Sorry about your property. Are you trying to sell it or just using it as a tax write-off?

Gase really hates losing and that rubs off on players
    Boulder, I read in the transcript of the press conference after Saturda’s scrimmage when they asked him about the pick six Moore through he said ” I think they stole our signals” LOL. He REALLY doesn’t like to lose.

Naples, I like the space coast a lot. My ex-wife not as much as me so we moved back to WPB area. I want to sell it but I bought at the height of the market in 2006. I had it rented, but they destroyed the place and I ran out of money to keep fixing it then when I cought up I found out it had polypropylene piping which I have to replace it before I can sell it. (Insurance will not cover it so banks won’t lend on it) 6.5k-8k are the quotes I’ve gotten and that doesn’t include all the drywall repair and tile replacement in the showers.

85. jetsssuck says:

“pants on fire” accusing McCain for the Forrestal fire. Losers make up stories to better or destroy a political opposition. All this information is available on line but these losers are too lazy to find out the truth. Shame on these losers. This article doesn’t even mention what the problem was but it changed the aviation field ever since.

86. naplesfan2010 says:

shiiiiiit man that is a whole series of bummers. Wish I knew something that would ease you out of that.

Happy bday Rock. Will miss your enthusiasm for the Jets game

Breakout players for each team, LOL

Arizona Cardinals
    Linebacker Scooby Wright III
    It hasn’t taken Wright long to show he loves to hit; he doesn’t seem to care what he hits or if he’s even allowed to. Wright is a special-teams coach’s dream. He plays with a controlled reckless abandon and isn’t afraid to mix it up. He was a stud linebacker at the University of Arizona as a sophomore, but a knee injury curtailed his career prematurely. He could, doubtless, be a breakout player on special teams, but if given the chance, he could also make a mark as a reserve linebacker. — Josh Weinfuss

GIANCARLO STANTON HITS another bomb at Nationals Park. They’re ducking in Baltimore!!
    ————————-
    Happy B’day Rock. The Boynton/Delray line was a couple of hundred yards from my high school. It was then known as Delray Beach Seacrest. Changed name to Atlantic High in the late ’60’s. We’ll try to represent at the Jets game!! And, despite what Mike E. might claim, I’M THE OLDEST GEEZER ON THIS BOARD!

I lived in Delray. 1967-ish.

Phish, if you don’t mind me asking, what do you think of North Korea and their threat to us?

Just watched some highlights, Cutler, Tannehill and Brady. Cutler has by far the strongest arm, Brady uses a lot of touch and just seems to play pitch and catch, because no one lays a hand on him, and Tannehill looks somewhere between the 2 more touch than Cutler, but both RT and Brady look goofy, their motions don’t look natural.

Tim – That is a rather complicated question. From a strictly military perspective we can easily crush North Korea. True tyrannys like NK are rarely effective military forces because they crush innovation and free thought which are critical to military effectiveness. Rather they reward synchophancy and ineptitude in leadership over competence. However, that does not mean NK is not a threat. Because they do not adhere to any conventional standard of right or wrong or excess they will do anything to maintain their power. That includes the use of nuclear/hydrogen weapons. Kim is the Vlad the Impaler of Asia. NK. The US won’t pay the price for` a war with NK. SOuth Korea will.

China will not be the military factor that some think. They will be inundated with a refugee exodus as much of the NK population will flee across their border seeking food and security. Russia will work behind the scenes to destabilize US efforts mostly because they have nothing to lose either way.

That’s my short answer at midnight after a few drinks.

That’s all I was looking for. I want to know what people on the land, air and sea think. When you have friends whom you deem to be clueless speak, I want some wisdom from people who have been there. Thanks.

• jetsssuck says:

————————————-
      This is exactly what separates us.As a society that is home to many different nationalities we have the advantage of solving problems or creating something that others can’t because we have all these different perspectives from our diversified society.

94. jetsssuck says:

steveccnv says:
    August 8, 2017 at 8:17 pm
    Guilty as accused, what a prick he is, sorry that your biased towards him blocks your vision from seeing this.
    ———————————————————————
    What is weird about your remark is you know what came about this tragic accident. We got twisted pair.The aviation industry improved forever after that . Now I’ll leave it at that, so you can research.

95. jetsssuck says:

Cutler’s biggest test is his health this morning and how the diabetes team make these adjustments to his food/rest/activities and finally the plan they have for his insulin schedule and dosages for this humid environment.

NEW BLOG UP!