Week 3 – Game 2 – N.O. Saints @ Miami Dolphins in London, Wembley Stadium

103116_london_CP2

After a crushing week for the Miami Dolphins, they get to “host” the New Orleans Saints in London at Wembley Stadium.  This has been a bizarre season already, with Hurricane Irma postponing Game 1 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, then flying to Los Angeles to play the Chargers in the Stub Hub Center, in which the capacity is just a little bigger than the Dolphins practice bubble (30,000 capacity).  We come out of Los Angeles with a victory by the skin of our teeth as Chargers kicker Younghoe Koo goes wide right attempting the game winning 44 yard FG.  Then we travel to New Jersey to face what everyone thought was the “tanking” NY Jets, the team seeking to get the 1st pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.  Well, surprise-surprise!  These NY Jets came to play, and though the Dolphins fanbase was present, with Dolfans NYC representing well with over a 1000 screaming Dolfans, along with the many other Dolphins fans that went on their own, they were all soon drowned out by a throaty NY crowd that smelled Dolphins blood in the water.  Attendance at Met Life was 77,562, and it was reportedly quite loud, especially compared to the paltry capacity of the Stub Hub Center in Cali.

Miami Dolphins v New York Jets

The Dolphins offense was completely over matched in all facets against the jets this past weekend.  We tried to run the ball, but there was no room anywhere, as the jets made it a priority to shut down Ajayi. When we gave up on the run game, and became one dimensional, neither jay Cutler, nor the O-line were up to the task, and the Jets defense that had previously swarmed Ajayi on every run was now all over Jay Cutler.  Cutler was sacked 3 times, but he was hit at least 3-4 times that during the game.  It was a bad game for Cutler, a bad game for the O-line, and a bad game for the defense, so basically, we got whipped in every area we could.  The Saints are coming off a blowout 34-13 win against the Carolina Panthers.  Cam Newton was worse than jay Cutler, throwing 3 INT’s and zero TD’s and our old Friend Ted Ginn Jr. caught a 40 YD TD for the Saints.

What can we expect from our team, who has had the strangest beginning to the 2017 NFL season?  I haven’t any idea.  Thankfully, the Saints don’t possess the defensive talent the NY Jets have.  They’re not horrendous, but they don’t have quite the talent of the Jets front 7.  The Saints play the 4-3 defense, led by LDE Cameron Jordan, 2nd year and former 1st RD pick (#12) DT Sheldon Rankins at DT, along with Tyeler Davidson and RDE Alex Okafor.  The Saints do have a quality LB in rookie Alex Anzalone (WLB), and fill it out with AJ Klein (SLB) and Craig Robertson (MLB).  Klein was picked up as a FA from Carolina, and Robertson picked up as a FA from Cleveland, so like Miami, they’re trying to throw pieces together to make it work.  Incidentally, as you all know, Stephone Anthony who the Dolphins traded for last week for a 2018 5th RD draft pick will get a chance to face his former team, as will WR Ted Ginn Jr.  The Saints have a decent secondary with corners Marshon Lattimore and PJ Williams, along with safeties Kenny Vaccaro and Marcus Williams.

The Saints offense is the strength of their team, led by QB Drew Brees, a fine young WR in Michael Thomas, the aforementioned WR Ted Ginn Jr., a good TE in Coby Fleener (AKA FleenAH), and a stable of capable RB’s including Mark Ingram, former Vikes great Adrian Peterson, and promising rookie Alvin Kamara.  The Saints so far are averaging 24.3 PPG, and are 3rd in the NFL in passing yards averaging 378.3 YPG.  See a problem there?  We just made an all-pro out of Josh McCown, so what will Drew Brees and the Saints offense do to us?  First of all, we have to have significantly better balance on offense.  Actually, forget balance, we just need to run the ball down their throats the entire game.  Ajayi is hurting, but he only had 11 carries this week, and I’d bet he’s hungry to have a big game.  I would also guess that we don’t want to put the game squarely on Jay Cutler’s severely diminished arm (Ha!), so this beleaguered O-line gets a shot at redemption by pushing the Saints defense all over the field.  This a “home” game, so hopefully we take advantage of that. On defense, we get a boost from the return of LB Lawrence Timmons from suspension, so hopefully his presence gives us a jolt.  The Saints packed up and left for London Sunday night after a celebratory dinner.  The Dolphins will be traveling to London on Friday.  We’ll see which strategy pays off.

GO DOLPHINS!  Zero in!

I know UK Fin Fan will be in attendance this Sunday, so let’s hope for his sake the Dolphins give him and us a great football Sunday!  We need it!

1,284 Responses to Week 3 – Game 2 – N.O. Saints @ Miami Dolphins in London, Wembley Stadium

1. It may turn out kap has CTE someday, he took a lot of hits to the head . He looks out of it, are we losing NFL players to mental issues, example Aaron Hernandez recently diagnosed with CTE?

Kap was once a very good man and very good football player. His new girlfriend (BLM activist, radicalized leftist, and Egyptian Muslim) has absolutely destroyed him and his football career.

As deplorable as his actions have been, I hope he gets his life back together. I don’t believe in kicking people when they are down, so I wish for a positive change in his life.

It seems his passion is not football and that’s why he’s not on a team. He made a choice. Live with it unless you can turn it around and rebound. I have no idea. But this poor Colin BS has to go.

Agreed, Tim. Still, I hope he turns it around after recognizing his errors and before it’s too late. I was once nearly as brash and foolish as Kap was. I’m SO happy that I got away from the same stuff that’s crazing Kap.

Seems the Saints and Drew Brees are at least wanting to just play football.
    ———————————-
    “Ten Saints players sat for the Star Spangled Banner before the win over the Carolina Panthers last Sunday to protest Donald Trump’s controversial blast….But they will kneel ahead of the clash against the Miami Dolphins at Wembley before standing for the anthem. Quarterback Brees believes the compromise is “a way to show respect to all”.

And Cutler is just Cutler as usual….but maybe even more so than usghe with jet lag. 🙂
    —————–
    “Asked about the atmosphere at Wembley, Cutler said: “I played, did I play at Wembley? I don’t know whether I played when I was here.”

He did play, in a 24-18 win over the Bucs. Cutler didn’t perk up much for the next question either: Which Game of Thrones character would he put on his team, and in what position? “I can’t do that right now. I’m tired.”

5. Biggest sleeper in 2018 NFL Draft at qb: Kurt Benkert, Virginia

I realize it’s only 2 games into the season, but man… Byron Maxwell isn’t earning his salary this year. Unless he turns it around immediately, there’s no way he’s with us next season… never mind his $10M due next year with $0 dead money.

If he starts to ball out NOW and throughout the rest of the season, MAYBE we extend him.

• Pisses me off these guys don’t show up for an entire game & still expect fans to be on board for the season. Must be nice to go to work and just mail it in and offer nonsensical excuses as to why the team played the way they did.
      Maybe if they stop with their bullshit protests and do their jobs instead things would be different.
      You get tired of watching these guys tank when they should be on the field dominating another team that’s, without any doubt, got less talent and they go out there and could give two shits.

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    September 29, 2017 at 6:03 pm

His career was already dead, what started as a call for rights, ended up in him being blackballed, and he reacts by matching wrongs with wrongs.
    At this point, hopefully Kap can both bring awareness to a cause, understand the backlash and career blackballing, and yes, contributing to bullshit charities.
    He may actually need mental help at this point, and at best, he will stand as a lesson of how not to go about things, there were certainly better ways it could have played out for him, but his self defeating behaviour, rules his day
    ———————————————–
    Kaepernick never did any of this to try to resolve a problem, or do anything but light gas on fire so he could watch shit burn. The topic he wants to bring attention needs the attention, and it got a lot more people who were willing to work to get things fixed involved, but he himself did nothing but drag this shit through the mud. You cant talk about things needing to be fixed and then wear pig socks the next day, you cant talk about change in America and then openly support one of the most awful dictators and inhumane people who has lived and call them a great person. You cant donate money to a cop killer’s family and pretend that you really want better, because none of that leads to better. That leads to a race war. Kaepernick is a deplorable person and i wish people would stop looking up to him like a modern day MLK.

Facts: Kaepernick lost his job as QB WAY before the kneeling started, i mean they felt like Gabbert was better. He did though actually retain his job, despite them wanting to cut out of a expensive contract he wasn’t worth, even after he started the kneeling. He never was respectful when he was kneeling, chit chatted while the anthem played, wasn’t in reverent thought about anything, even the cause he so desperately wanted attention to. Still didn’t get fired. He instigated more ill will between communities and cops. He never took it from the field to unifying the community, as Thomas and Stills did. He takes a pro-Castro stances with the media right before he plays Miami in Miami. Still doesn’t get fired. I dont see how anyone can call him a leader, a great or even good person, he’s deplorable. I dont see how you can have sympathy for this guy.

Can we be factual here for a moment. Kaepernick made his kneel statement when Obama was president, end of 2nd term. That police brutality was happening under Obama’s watch. BLM started up in 2013. But now it’s about Trump and white supremacy. I will call it out every time. If it was within Trump’s timeline I’d say it, but please stop the BS. It started before him.

Everyone seems to forget that a man of color (yet white mother – doesn’t matter) became president for two terms. As if that could never happen in America? WTF is going on here? It happened!!! Did you ever just feel like breaking shit when something is so absurd? Geez!!!!

No one is saying police Brutailty started under Trump

In fact quite the contrary, most activists will tell you police brutality has always been happening (not under either presidents watch)

People aren’t blaming Trump for police brutality Tim. I don’t know where you get that? That’s not why people are calling Trump racist.

Because I’m seeing a lot about how he started all this racial tension. Piggy, seriously are you not seeing what’s going on?

I’m a watchdog. I don’t have one in the fight though. But I sure do appreciate that I was born in America. You could be in Somalia or some other war torn nation. What are we doing?

Yeah let’s protest America, the best chance we have at turning this around nationally and world wide. It blows my mind!!! Oh never mind, I’m sure Sweden or Morocco will take the reins. It fuckin baffles me.

9. Jay Ajayi is going to decide whether to kneel during the national anthem in London. He knelt last week. Maybe he should just fucking concentrate on the fact that there’s a game that needs to be played and how he can best help the team win it.

10. Phindog says:

FUCK MAN !!!!

From what I read we’ll see a lot of Ajayi 1st and 2nd down and 3rd down is where we’ll give him a breather. Both Williams and Drake we get some offensive touches. Oh my that sounds perverse. LOL

12. To be quite frank, the jets game was embarrassing! The players have to have more pride than that, wtf the jets whipped our asses?
    I would think they come out with fire against the saints, and stay focused on the team goal, a WIN

Hey did you hear a small asteroid hit earth?
    “Yes… that was God.”
    “Nope… climate change.”
    “Uhhh… an asteroid hit earth.”

Good olé Bobby McCain

Piggy, we might have found a sleeper in Chase Allen. I think he’s the reason we parted ways with Neville Hewitt. He can do the same things and he’s healthy and not a FA next year.

Small school victim?

Oh I think he can play and I’m glad we found him
      But you can see it in the jests game
      LBs stepping up and out of the passing lanes
      Then trying to get back but not being able too in time
      And then the middle of filed is wide open

I like Allen
      But if he is going to be a long term starter and not just a band aid
      I think he is going to need some time to develop

Personally I take the lumps with Hull and Allen to help make them better players down the line

If Timmons and Anthony and even fat Maluaage can play
      And we bring Hull and Allen along slowly
      We may end up being deep at LB
      It will be a 180

But for me the last 2 games look like more of the same from last year even though by mid season the personel may be 100x better

I am not blown away with Allen just yet. He makes a lot of tackles but few impact plays.

He makes plays he should. All 10 tackles are solo, he does not need help. We shouldn’t be looking for awesome from a UDFA. But he might be better than we think.

I hate losing to the jests

But early season woes can lead to very good things down the line

I tend to think our pass defense and our passing game can be a lot better soon
    I don’t think the issue is personel

The OL is potentially a problem
    But I do think there troubles flow from being so predictable on offense

I applaud the FO and Gase for the job they’ve done at LB. McMillan goes down, Timmons goes AWOL and in come Maualuga and Anthony along with finding Allen.
    Allen
    Alonso
    Anthony
    Hull
    Maualuga
    Timmons

Defense: 37 points 18.5
    Offense: 23 points 11.5

Mondo laying the ” try Cuba if you don’t like the US” smackdown!

Just wondering aloud… could it be considered a criminal act in America to give money to Assata Shakur as she lives in Cuba, where she’s living in political asylum?

Kap is in SO much trouble right now, I should think.

• ocalarob says:

Didn’t she kill a cop and flee to cuba after arrest warrants were issued for her?

In The in the early 70s

She was actually convicted – went through a long trial

Then she escaped and moved to Cuba
        And the FBI still is pursuing her
        And Cuba is not cooperating (surprise)

I,m not sure if it’s a criminal act to give money to a Cuban citizen
      It dfiantely runs contrary to the embargo

But that’s not what he did anyway

He actually didn’t give her any money
      He gave 25k to an organization (started by her daughters) which does some pretty far left work here in the us – it actually says that in the daily caller article posted
      Also the Washington times has written a lot about it and you can read about it there
      The $ doesn’t go to Cuba – it stays here in the us and finds things like video surveillance groups and other lefty type organizations (which are legal as far as I know)

He actually did not do anything illegal as far as I can see
      Just unpopular
      But it’s unpopular to the same people who hate him now and from what I gather, he doesn’t care about that

‘Who are Phelon, David, and Pigs?”

What are you trying to say, Son?

The economic impact of the players actions should have them standing at attention with their hand over their heart very soon

I’m not sure it’s going to have a direct result

Direct tv is giving refunds to people who want out
      But they have a contract with the NFL that doesn’t expire for some time
      So that willprobabky not affect players who will probably be retired by the time that contract expires

Maybe merchandising and ticket sales will have a more direct result

Time will tell

I’m curious to see if a month from now this is even topical

Money always wins

WOW that’s a little different than he portrayed it!

WATCH: New Arrest Video Shows NFL’s Michael Bennett Lied About Why He Was Detained

• pheloniusphish says:

Shocking

I’m. It sure if you saw the whole tape
      But the police released it a few weeks ago and it never looked good for Bennett

You can see them going linked with each other in a group going through the whole casino looking for the shooter

But Bennet being arrested is not so clear
      It just seems hard to believe his story when you watch that video
      TMZ actually reported that they held everyone in the club and that was blatantly wrong

I don’t know what Bennett did but it wasnt like the police were arresting a lot of people or holding ipoeople in a crime scene

Plus the police invited anyone who also filmed it to submit their videos
      So that’s a smart move by them

Another just WTF!

Piggy, you didn’t mention Alonso as our best and most versatile LB. 🙂

September 29, 2017 at 10:06 pm (Edit)
    …..

I’m curious to see if a month from now this is even topical

I really think the media is partially to blame for this. I know it’s their job to report but they are whipping things to a frenzy as is their way. We talk about it here from what we see in the news. It’s going to take another huge story to distract them to something else to let this go. That’s my 2 cents.

State a fact
    State a fable
    Ask a question

Best I can do

Howies List

olddolphan 30-20 NO
    Rockphin 42- 13 NO
    herdfan 27-23 MIA
    The Flying Pig 28-24 MIA
    David C 30-8 MIA
    Mike E. 28-20 MIA
    BoulderPhinfan 24-14 NO
    stangerx 35-27 MIA

Landry stands

I’m pretty sure Landry stood last week. There was a picture.

34. Krishna says:

RESET!!! REFOCUS!!! REGROUP!!! AND, PLAY SOME DAMN FOOTBALL!!!

Defense needs it’s LBs and CBs to step up.

Offense, including play calling, needs to step up.

Crazy schedule so far has been trying, even if a 9-5er.

September 29, 2017 at 10:12 pm
    Piggy, you didn’t mention Alonso as our best and most versatile LB. 🙂
    That’s not saying much at this point.

I can’t get too excited about Chase Allen at this point. There’s not nearly enough of a body of play to look at. He doesn’t suck at least, so we have that. I want someone special in this LB corps. Someone who can cover, pick off passes, knock the stuffing out of a ball carrier or TE, a playmaker, difference maker. Is it possible Allen is that guy? Maybe, we’ll see. I’d keep looking for that player if he’s not. I see he’s become your Neville Hewitt, another underdog guy you always rooted for, and that’s cool, but I’m not sure he’s anything more than just adequate, which is something.

Howies List

olddolphan 30-20 NO
    Rockphin 42- 13 NO
    herdfan 27-23 MIA
    The Flying Pig 28-24 MIA
    David C 30-8 MIA
    Mike E. 28-20 MIA
    BoulderPhinfan 24-14 NO
    stangerx 35-27 MIA
    wyoming85 35-28 MIA

BRIAN IN NY; Co-worker of mine ran off my Jets’ tix to the Fest game which YOU and your son will be using. I’d do it myself but my lack of internet skills told me to have co-worker do it.
    EACH game carries a different price now. Your Jets’ ticket will cost you $152. Your son’s ticket will cost you $0. However, if you want to get your boy in the mood for a Jets’ game, have him go back and read my account of the November, 1972, Jets @ Dolphins game in the historic Orange Bowl. It’s something I DO before EVERY JETS-DOLPHINS GAME, no matter where it is. IF TODAY’S DOLPHINS PLAYERS had read that game account, I think they would have played with a bit more energy and GUSTO!

It’s the Jets. It’s the Dolphins.

THAT’S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

SEE YOU TWO AT THE FEST!!!

39. BailBondMike says:

Another Saturday at work. Any blockbuster games today?

NOW THAT Washington State has upset Southern Cal, the biggest game left on the board FOR ME is Memphis @ UCF in Orlando, I believe. Go ahead and laugh if you want but these are BOTH quality teams that get little respect. Local sportswriter says these are the two best teams in the AAC this year. We’ll see.

40. BailBondMike says:

Mike E: but I’m not sure he’s anything more than just adequate, which is something.
    ————————————-
    Re: Allen. Maybe right now, but his ceiling is very high IMO. He shows really good instincts already. As he gains more experience coupled with his athletic ability, I think he is going to be really good.

41. BailBondMike says:

OD, you are right about those guys not getting much respect. Both are undefeated right now (still early in season). I have followed Memphis since I was stationed there back when I went to a game where I watched DeAngelo Williams carve up a then #14 Louisville team. It was the best game I have ever attended in my life. One of those games where whoever had the ball last was going to win. Louisville won 56-49. The lead changed 8 times that game I think and over 1200 yards total offense.
    I’ve been following them since and that is how mocked us to draft Bobby McCain. We even drafted him in the round I did and that never happens for me. LOL. To bad Bobby has reached his ceiling though.
    I plan on watching this game. Should be good. Memphis has already beaten then ranked UCLA and is averaging over 43 points a game. Problem is they are also giving up 35 a game. This will be my first time watching them this year and want to see who is making this team special this year.

Things look like they are going to break my for a fest visit. Going to to book my air fare this weekend

43. BailBondMike says:

Think I will also watch Tenn vs GA and IU vs Penn State.

I’m thinking of buying an Ajayi white jersey

It maybe a Suh retro jersey

Any suggestions?

45. Rhino says:

Howie,

Miami 30 NO 28

We have an early morning promotional function at our local Convention Center for small businesses. I’ll get to watch the first quarter and that’s it! damn! I’ll dvr the game but I hate watching games that way.

46. Thousands of NFL football fans are in the streets of London, a day early for the game, many wearing Dolphin colors!

47. Ajayi should have a monster game, he’s real excited to be playing in London, he didn’t get to play the London game 3 years ago .

48. naplesfan2010 says:

Howie
    24-23 MIA

49. Jahndoh30 says:

Know what I see right here? Unity. Landry can love and support his teammates right to peaceful protest while staying true to what he believes is the best way to honor the flag and our military, and they lock arms in solidarity with him because they support his right to honor the flag and our military, and, get this: THEY ALL CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER in spite of their differences.

Why is their a social war of words going on in our country over something these guys can take in stride? These guys can handle this, and we should take a page from them and support everyone’s right to their point of view rather then focusing on the differences in our points of view. I’ve been guilty of this too.

Go Fins! Model some good football tomorrow!

Thanks for posting this Son…kind of an a-ha! moment for me.

Lets go British Dolphins!!!

I’d like to see what Timmons can bring to this LBing corp. Hopefully, his head is in the right spot, if that was an issue.

53. It’s a nice break trump stops bashing the NFL after 7!days nonstop, but unfortunately he is now gone to bashing Puerto Rican hurricane victims. SMH

54. Whats the consensus on Timmons, is he in game shape? I hope so, but if not his snaps will likely be limited

55. The Ajayi heads are funny, lmao. Who came up with those?

You never know if a guy is physically ready to play a real game until he does it, but Timmons is usually in good shape. I’m more worried about his mental preparation being sound. I have no clue what went down, so I’m gonna assume he is ready to go or he wouldn’t be in there.

57. BailBondMike says:

WTF is going on today?? I have bonded out 14 people for a total of $215,000 in bonds since 8am. Haven’t been able to watch any games. I sent the boss a text saying “Bonus?????”

58. BailBondMike says:

Randy, I think Timmons should be able to tune everything out once he steps on the football field and play like a rabid dog. “See ball, get ball”

59. BBM, i don’t know all of Your bosses expenses, but generally speaking, successful bondsman have high profit margins. So catch him in a good mood and go for that bonus, lol good luck !

• BailBondMike says:

We wrote over 17 mil in bonds last year. We are probably the largest bonding company west of Leon County. Most Bondsmen have egos and are greedy so they try and keep their overhead at a minimum. Most bond companies have 2 to 5 employees, we have 14.

60. BailBondMike says:

David, my boss will take care of me one way or another. He knows I can make more $$ elsewhere. I just don’t care to especially since he doesn’t really call me on my off time to do pickups anymore. He gives me several cash bonuses a year but also takes me on expensive fishing and hunting trips.

BBMike,
    And if I’m Brees, I set him up and take advantage of him because I’m hoping he comes in and plays overly aggressive. That’s why having your head straight matters. He’s a veteran though. I’m not too worried about it, but we still need to see him him do it. It would be nice to see him lay a few people out though. Lol

62. My bad Tim, 9:30 am is game time

Here comes another issue that will soon be a topic of debate and more mudslinging. 😦

Just watched my first live game on Facebook!

It was great! No commercials! No stupid product plugs!

Tomorrow’s game would be a good time for Charles Harris to up his game. It looks like he might be a guy who needs to polish his overall game to make a big impact. Yet it’s still early. We need a good pass rush against Brees especially right in his face and hopefully our edge guys can keep him in the pocket.

67. The Dolphins game is early, maybe we can get it played before any twitter bashing from the commander in cheeto try,s to overshadow the NFL weekend

68. I really like Ross. he got off to a rough start, but He’s done so much for the team, remodeled stadium, and respect that goes both ways with Him and the players.
    The Dolphins are moving up in the NFL, becoming more of a top quality franchise. We need to get more wins, and substantial wins late in the season, and the rest of the NFL will be looking up at us for a change

I don’t think so David
    It was done by the Mountain West Conference site

Anything stirs the pot because people are ignorant and looking to blame others for the sadness in their lives.

Texas coach kicks 2 players off team after anthem protest

72. In a rare defense of a trump, I thought it was total bullshit that librarian refused to take Dr Seuss books as a gift from the First Lady for schoolchildren. She never thought they were racist, because there are images of her wearing a cat in the hat suit at a Seuss birthday party 2 years previously.
    So this woman, takes her Donald hate out on Melanie, lies about the reason, grandstands like a holier than thou, and gets her 15 minutes of fame at others expense.
    Also ironic, she says give the racist books to the underprivileged minorities. Wtf is wrong with people, if books are claimed to be racist, giving them to minorities might not be the wisest gift selection,
    Just sayin, wtf, lol

74. Tim, No one, I repeat, NO ONE wears a cat in the hat suit , at a Seuss birthday party no less, unless You are REALLY into that shit, lol

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 6m6 minutes ago
    My latest column comes with a warning so read at own risk…Dear sports: Stick to sports

RedditCFB‏ @RedditCFB 2h2 hours ago
    Stanford’s Bryce Love has just passed 1000 rushing yards in 4.6 games, on pace for 2835 in 13 games. Barry Sanders’ FBS record is 2628.

77. The sad part about people lying and arguing back and forth in front of schoolchildren is, the children are watching, and learning what?
    We are all examples whether we like it or know it, think twice, speak once!

One-sided views are dangerous and rampant. It didn’t start with Trump though. Long before. This is in reaction to me seeing people say in Trump’s 2017 America. You’ve either lived in a cave or you’re just not willing to except reality. Recent social injustice protesting started under Obama. I don’t blame him either. People’s behavior is not on anyone else unless you allow it. That’s freedom.

• Jahndoh30 says:

That’s the 3rd time you’ve pointed out it started while Obama was in office. The difference between Obama and Trump is one of them made it a national dialogue, and now a national point of contention, the other pretty much stayed out of it.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Sorry, Tim, not trying to come off like keeping score, I just have noticed you say that and have that thought about how each one of them handled this particular situation each time and figured I’d post it up this time. I actually agree with 100% of you post here…

HEY SON!!–Your UCF Knights looked terrific taking a 23-7 halftime lead vs. undefeated Memphis! –The Knights, ALSO UNDEFEATED, look like a top 25 team to me!!–BIG WEEKEND for Florida Div. I football programs. Miami, Florida and FSU have already won. UCF leading, as is my alma mater, FAU, currently leading Middle Tennessee 24-6 at the half. USF blew out East Carolina on national TV 61-31. Now, we just need FIU to win and the Sunshine State Div. 1 programs will go 7-0 for the weekend!
    COULD THIS be an omen for the Fins?????

Armando continues to miss the point of everything.

This is where My Team plays!

81. I would be ok with that, just play the game, no anthem. Then we would have football without all the president tweeting , kneeling, and confusion of messages

It’s been a long time tradition so it’s another loss like statues because everything offends everyone.

Maybe the Constitution should be recited before games. LOL

• People buy hot dogs with cheese and bacon during anthems, wait in long smelly lines to go to the bathroom, but overpriced watered down beer during the anthems.

Of course they respect the anthems, that’s not the point. everyone came to see a game, and get food, bathroom, etc out of the way before game begins is common.
        People at bars, at home, are doing everything that humans do, don’t mean they hate the flag or military, it’s just people living their lives, and enjoying some good sports and times with friends

I don’t disagree. It’s the defiance that irks people.

RIP Joe Tiller
    Great Coach @ Wyoming and Purdue

Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump
    Just sayin’…

Prediction for tomorrow morning’s game in London…
    Marino: 31-24 Phins

85. Jahndoh30 says:

That Mando story is classic Mando. He LOVES attention. Maybe even more then Omar…he’s just a little more calculated on how he seeks that attention.

Omar more or less careens from topic to topic saying dumn shit hoping for clicks.
    Mando picks a few topics, does his research so he can back his assertions THEN says dumb shit hoping for clicks.

Not sure what’s better, but I’m leaning towards Omars careening. Seems more easily written off to impulse control issues. Mando seems closer to evil genius…which I fear. Maybe cause I fear competition. 🙂

I’m not gonna lie. I’ve been drinking at the brewery and we have a bitchin’ 90s hairband cover band playing. “Cherry Pie” Is playing in the background. So I apologize if this post makes no sense whatsoever. 🙂

Brian,

Saquon “Sasquatch” Barkley is not to be messed with! 222 all-purpose yards… even though he was essentially shut-down in the running game. And how about that one-handed catch, the KR for a TD, and his passing TD?!!

HEISMAN TROPHY = SAQUON
    GO PSU!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

Removing the national anthem is a gross overreaction that I don’t support. It also wouldn’t solve the problem. People say let sports stick to sports but have no problem with all the other stuff that gets injected. I bet those same people won’t complain or boycott when the uniforms turn pink next month.

• Jahndoh30 says:

How about we keep the national anthem and get warm and fuzzy when we see it’s promise fulfilled by those exercising their 1st amendment rights while it plays? LOL…

I wonder if Trump turns a slightly lighter shade of orange every time his name is mentioned on TV, blogs, or any other forms of social media.

89. Jahndoh30 says:

Alright guys….Cav, would love to be hear long enough to talk to you sometime. Hope you’re well bud. But I gotta roll here. Sorry for the drunk posting!

90. Jahndoh30 says:

“Maybe the Constitution should be recited before games. LOL”

LMAO…It’d for sure spur random kneeling and standing as the different amendments were recited. Partisans on both sides playing musical chairs for 20 minutes. LOL!!!!

Yeah… most constructive dialogue as it pertains to politics.

Political talk can’t be constructive anymore. People are too entrenched, and we are all led around by the nose. With all the enlightened discussion on this board, has one person moved even the slightest bit off their position? Anyone?

EXACTLY! So why even bother?

I agree. Personally, I just roll with it and try to create a chuckle or two for myself and maybe others. My 1st post was a gently, loving poke at David’s obsession with Trump. My 2nd post was a random thought brought on by the fact Trump’s name is probably used, spoken, and written more than any other word in the English language right now…and he’s weirdly orange.

I’d love to sit here to post and read a continuous stream of thoughts regarding our current president and/or about some guys that sometimes kneel during the anthem, but I’ve got some paint drying that ain’t gunna just watch itself, so I’m on to bigger and better things ya’ll.

Go Dolphins!! (at 6:30 in the fucking morning! sigh)

Howies List

BoulderPhinfan 24-14 NO
    stangerx 35-27 MIA
    wyoming85 35-28 MIA
    Rhino 30-28 MIA
    naplesfan2010 24-23 MIA
    mf13ss 31-24 MIA

There’s no 1st amendment rights at work, if you say something that’s damaging to the business your boss has every right to fire you.