Bubble Game – Preseason Game IV

The preseason finale game won’t mean anything to the starters, but it will mean everything to so many players desperately wanting to show enough to secure a roster spot.  The Dolphins at this moment have 90 players on the roster and they must cut that down to 53 by Saturday.  Think about that, 37 players will be removed from the roster.  There are a couple that may end up on the 8 game IR, and still others will eligible to be placed on the practice squad.  For all the others, this is at least temporarily, the end of their quest to be on an NFL roster.  Some will get picked up by other teams quickly, and others may get picked up when a need arises.

Another factor involved in the cut downs is the strategy by the FO and coaches as to how many players they want to carry at certain positions.  I’ll start on offense with the QB’s.  Historically, we have carried only 2 QB’s, and I expect that to continue.  I think David Fales will get the #2 spot, and Brock Osweiler will be cut.   At WR, it depends on whether we carry 5 or 6WR’s, but last year it was 5.  If we stretch it to 6, then it’s between Leonte Carroo, Francis Owusu, Rashawn Scott and Malcolm Lewis.  When we drafted LC3, and tried to look at the bright side, I hoped maybe he would be like Anquan Boldin lite and maybe push Parker for a starting job.  Now, LCIII is on the cusp of getting removed from the roster, and it’s real.  My hope is if we do carry 6, Owusu gets the nod.

The RB’s will most likely be 4, and I expect those to be Frank Gore, Kenyan Drake, Kalen Ballage and Senorise Perry.  I know Langford has history with Gase, but Perry plays ST’s as a KR and he has shown some ability to make some tough runs, so he gets the edge.

At TE, the obvious 2 are the recent draft picks Mike Gesicki and Durham Smythe, and I personally like Gray for his ability to block both in line and also as an H-back/FB, and I believe they like Derby’s potential, so that makes 4 TE’s.

On the O-line, the injury to Ted Larsen will probably open a roster spot, unless he’ll be OK for the opener.  We know it’s probably not serious, but still may keep him out for a weeks.  Guys that were on the bubble like C Mike Matthews and OG Connor Hilland may get a shot if Larsen will be out for a while.  Asiata definitely just moved up and should make the roster.

On the D-line, there will definitely be some tough cuts.  With the trade that brought us Robert Quinn, and the draft pick of Charles Harris last season, we have a lot of DE’s, but at least one of them (William Hayes) can slide inside in rush packages, which gives us more flexibility, and may bump a potential DT off the roster.  We know Quinn, Wake, Phillips, Godchaux, Spence, Hayes, Branch,  and Taylor are in, that’s 8, which leaves maybe 2 more spots for any combo of Malveaux, Langford, Pittman and Woodard.  Tough cuts indeed!

In the secondary, it won’t be easy either, and ST’s may play a big part as to who gets to stay.  X and Good Ole Bobby are IN, Reshad Jones, T.J. McDonald, Minkah Fitzpatrick IN, and then I’d have to think Maurice Smith and probably Cordrea Tankersley and Torry McTyer, but Tony Lippett’s health may put him on the IR (8 game), and Walt Aikens and Jordan Lucas are both excellent ST’s players, so that’s maybe one or 2 more roster spots for guys like Cornell Armstrong, Jalen Davis and Tavese Calhoun.

At LB, it’s a little muddled, with Stephone Anthony not really showing up, he could be in danger of getting cut.  We know Kiko Alonso, Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker are starters, but Mike Hull’s availability, or lack thereof may open up an opportunity for someone else.  Garvin is a solid vet who is a ST’s ace, so he’s in, Chase Allen was a former starter for us due to injuries, and he showed well enough, but the injury to Hull could possibly open the door for either Frank Ginda or Quentin Poling.

The final battle is ST’s, where kickers Jason Sanders and Greg Joseph have squared off all during TC and the preseason.  I think Sanders is in, and then we have P Matt Haack, LS God John Denney.

So that’s what I think about the roster, and Preseason Game IV is tomorrow against the Falcons in Atlanta at 7PM, the game will be replayed on NFL Network on Saturday morning at 6AM.

1,248 Responses to Bubble Game – Preseason Game IV

Looks like we’re keeping only 5 WRs, maybe making room for Petty, then after he’s healthy we cut Osweiler.

I am cursed with fingertips that are not round

The letters I press on the little screen are not the letters that get pressed!!

Not that surprised by the cuts, this team needs players to help this team win, not a bunch of ongoing projects or guys who aren’t healthy. It’s unfortunate for guys like Lippett but he might not be healed and he isn’t the same guy from 2016.

Armando Salguero

@ArmandoSalguero
    Means Rashawn Scott, Isaiah Ford, Francis Owusu, Leontee Carroo, Drew Morgan, Malcolm Lewis cut.

Is it irony that the Dolphins cut Escobar and I used to cut product I purchased from Escobar?

I guess I will ask Alanis Morissette

So far both Langfords and Malveaux are safe

Wow Raiders trading Mack to Bears. I like that because I drafted the Bears as one of my FFL defenses.😎

8. BailBondMike says:

Maybe they saw Brandon Tate released and are gonna get him as our #6 WR

9. Phindog says:

Duarte has been cut. I think Derby will stick.

10. BailBondMike says:

I am just surprised if we keep only 5 WR with Parker being what he is.

Parker was 3rd in receps for us last year even though he hasn’t lived up to his 1st rd status. Maybe they think he’ll be ready for opener even with a broken finger.

11. Phindog says:

Kendall Langford released.

Kendall Langford has been cut.

Now Langford is clearly to avoid the guarantee. He’ll be available if we need him.

You gotta keep Malveaux over Langford

Gesicki, Smythe, Gray, Derby is a good group to have I’d expect us to keep all 4

Phindog says:
    September 1, 2018 at 2:37 pm
    Kendall Langford released.
    ——-
    That surprises me….. he looked darn good. But our DL was stacked tight to start with.

Any word on Pittman the UCF’er?

Practice squad I bet

You normally dont keep 6 WRs, most here just thought we would, because of the depth.

Damn! Malveaux cut

8 more cuts to go

Carroo is the only recent value draft guy we’ve cut, most off the others we’re late rounders and UDFAS or off the street.

The Miami Dolphins are keeping Ryan Tannehill, Brock Osweiler and David Fales as their QBs.

Quentin Poling cut

Richard Petty was great, but me and my dad were A.J Foyt fans

25. 13kvFINS says:

So far Gabe Wright, Lippett, & Asiati are the only ones cut from my Pre-TC Roster Projection…

Had us keeping 3 QB (17, 8, 9) in order

GOFINS!!!

I doubt we keep three QBs for long. Gotta wait for waiver wire moves etc.

27. 13kvFINS says:

Full official 4pm cut list, anyone???

I still count 10 left

29. 13kvFINS says:

Name Pos. Hgt. Wgt. Birthdate Exp. College Hometown Acquired
    Alston, Johnathon CB 6-1 206 10/17/94 R NC State ’18 Bunn, N.C. FA ’18
    Asiata, Isaac G 6-3 345 12/29/92 2 Utah ’17 Spanish Fork, Utah D5a, ’17
    Calhoun, Taveze CB 6-1 188 12/26/92 1 Miss. State ’16 Ludlow, Miss. FA, ’17
    Carroo, Leonte WR 6-1 215 1/24/94 3 Rutgers ’16 Edison, N.J. D3b, ’16
    Collins, Cayson LB 6-1 230 11/10/95 R UNC ’18 Charlotte, N.C. FA, ’18
    Davis, Jalen CB 5-10 185 2/2/96 R Utah State ’18 La Mesa, Calif. FA, ’18
    Duarte, Thomas TE 6-2 241 3/30/95 2 UCLA ’16 Fullerton, Calif. D7b, ’16
    Elston, Trae S 6-0 203 2/16/94 2 Ole Miss ’16 Oxford, Ala. Wai., ’17 (Buf)
    Ford, Isaiah WR 6-2 189 2/9/96 2 Virginia Tech ’17 Jacksonville, Fla. D7, ’17
    Ginda, Frank LB 6-0 235 5/26/97 R SJSU ’18 Los Banos, Calif. FA, ’18
    Gravelle, Lucas LS 6-0 239 7/28/95 R TCU ’18 Niagara Falls, N.Y. FA, ’18
    Hilland, Connor C 6-4 298 6/18/95 R William & Mary ’18 Stafford, Va. FA, ’18
    Howell, Buddy RB 6-1 224 3/27/96 R FAU ’18 Coconut Grove, Fla. FA, ’18
    Joseph, Greg K 6-1 214 8/4/94 R FAU ’18 Johannesburg, South Africa FA, ’18
    Joseph, Roubbens T 6-4 325 12/21/94 1 Buffalo ’17 Springfield, Mass. FA, ’18
    Langford, Jeremy RB 6-0 211 12/6/91 3 Michigan State ’15 Wayne, Mich. FA, ’18
    Lewis, Malcolm WR 5-10 200 10/27/93 1 Miami (FL) ’17 Miami, Fla. FA, ’17
    Lippett, Tony CB 6-3 192 7/2/92 4 Michigan State, 15 Detroit, Mich. D5d, ’15
    Malveaux, Cameron DE 6-5 265 8/22/94 1 Houston ’17 Beaumont, Texas FA, ’17
    Mathieu, Claudy DE 6-4 275 1/18/93 R Notre Dame (OH) ’18 Philadelphia, Penn. FA, ’18
    Matthews, Mike C 6-2 296 1/27/94 1 Texas A&M ’16 Missouri City, Texas FA, ’18
    Morgan, Drew WR 6-0 187 12/2/94 1 Arkansas ’17 Greenwood, Ark. FA, ’17
    Moten, Anthony DT 6-4 315 7/12/95 R Miami (FL) ’18 Fort Lauderdale, Fla. FA, ’18
    Owusu, Francis WR 6-3 223 12/27/94 1 Stanford, 2017 Oxnard, Calif. FA, ’17
    Pittman, Jamiyus DT 6-2 319 10/23/94 R UCF ’18 Moultrie, Ga. FA, ’18
    Poling, Quentin LB 6-1 235 8/17/94 R Ohio ’18 Gomer, Ohio D7a, ’18
    Radcliff, Brandon RB 5-9 210 3/18/93 1 Louisville ’17 Miami, Fla. FA, ’17
    Smith, Eric OT 6-4 308 9/2/95 2 Virginia ’17 Atlanta, Ga. FA, ’17
    Steinmetz, David OT 6-8 321 3/1/95 R Purdue ’18 Grafton, Mass. FA, ’18
    Woodard, Jonathan DE 6-6 271 9/19/93 1 Central Arkansas ’16 Brentwood, Tenn. FA, ’17

The following players were waived/injured:
    Table inside Article
    Name Pos. Hgt. Wgt. Birthdate Exp. College Hometown Acq.
    Petty, Bryce QB 6-3 226 5/31/91 3 Baylor ’16 Midlothian, Texas Wai., 2018 (NYJ)
    Redmon, Quincy DE 6-4 247 12/11/93 R Fairmont State ’18 Keiser, W.V. FA, ’18
    Scott, Rshawn WR 6-0 203 1/29/92 3 Miami (FL) ’16 Merritt Island, Fla.

The bears are giving the raiders 2 1sr rounders for Mack and a 2nd

Luke Falk was released

32. 13kvFINS says:

Easier read
    CB Johnathan Alston, G Isaac Asiata, CB Taveze Calhoun, WR Leonte Carroo, LB Cayson Collins, CB Jalen Davis, TE Thomas Duarte, S Trae Elston, TE Gavin Escobar, WR Isaiah Ford, LB Terence Garvin,LB Frank Ginda, LS Lucas Granvelle, C Connor Hilland, RB Buddy Howell, K Greg Joseph, T Roubbens Joseph, RB Jeremy Langford, DL Kendall Langford, WR Malcolm Lewis, CB Tony Lippett, DE Cameron Malveaux, DE Claudy Mathieu, C Mike Matthews, WR Drew Morgan, DT Anthony Moten, WR Francis Owusu, DT Jamiyus Pittman, LB Quentin Poling, RB Brandon Radcliff, T Eric Smith, T David Steinmetz, Jonathan Woodard

Just FOUR GUYS cut from my Pre-TC 53 Roster Projection, GIGGITTY!!!

GOFINS!!!

Armstrong made it. I’m glad about that

Only kept 4 DT’s

Wonder if they have their eye on someone or if they think our DE’s can / will fill the gap or because of the scheme we are going to run most often

Hayes can play inside at times and they use Harris inside in their speed package as well. I always felt we’d keep 4 DTs and 5 DEs and the ones we kept. It seems we’re going with 9 DL.

• BailBondMike says:

I was on the fence thinking about that. Would they go with 4 or 5 DT’s.

35. 13kvFINS says:

TODAY’S roster, (hit the Piece Of Shit tab for easier positional count)

Nothing really shocking with the 53, it really isn’t. We didn’t lose anyone for the year this offseason which is rare. Fingers crossed moving forward. Only so many guys can suit up and play.

• 13kvFINS says:

“””Only so many can sit up/play”””

Yea 46, REDICULOUS!!!

25 STARTERS

46 Dress doesn’t even give’Ya TWO per position,
        and some positions require 4-5 !!!

Should AT LEAST be a 50 – 53 man active game day roster!!!

GOFINS!!!

Safety – Reshad Jones, T.J. McDonald, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Maurice Smith,
    Cornerbacks – Cornell Armstrong, Cordrea Tankersley, Xavien Howard, Torry McTyer, Walt Aikens, Bobby McCain,
    Linebackers – Jerome Baker, Raekwon McMillan, Kiko Alonso, Stephone Anthony, Chase Allen,
    Defensive tackles – Vincent Taylor, Akeem Spence, Davon Godchaux, Jordan Phillips
    Special teams – Jason Sanders, Matt Haack, John Denney
    Defensive ends – Cameron Wake, Andre Branch, Robert Quinn, William Hayes, and Charles Harris

Offensive line – Laremy Tunsil, Josh Sitton, Daniel Kilgore, Jesse Davis, Ja’Wuan James, Zach Sterup, Sam Young, Ted Larsen, and Jake Brendel.
    TE’s – Mike Gesicki, Marqueis Gray, A.J. Derby, and Durham Smythe
    Wide-receivers – Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Jakeem Grant, Danny Amendola, Albert Wilson
    Running backs – Kenyan Drake, Frank Gore, Kallen Ballage, and Sinorise Perry.
    Quarterback – Ryan Tannehill, Brock Osweiler, David Fales

Malveaux as a 10th DL is the only guy I thought would make it. We kept 3 QBs was the only area I was off on. Other than that the numbers game on positions was pretty accurate. Not patting myself on the back or anything. LOL

38. naplesfan2010 says:

So keeping 3 QBS in case Tannehill gets hurt I guess.
    Surprised brendel, because he was / is hurt so much.
    Armstrong over Lippett due to injury and for STs
    otherwise absolutely no surprises and no complaints
    except for Langford and Malveaux but they are buried too deep

My guess is either Osweiler or Fales will not be on the opening day roster. And gonna guess some other rosters moves as well. The whole cut down at once stuff is gonna shuffle some cards.

40. naplesfan2010 says:

Let’s beat the Titans.

I would like to sign Luke Falk off waivers but we would have to cut Fales or Osweiler to do it

I hope Armstrong can stick. Would be nice to root for a local boy on our team.

43. BailBondMike says:

Sure quiet on cut day. Any decent players cut from other teams? Can’t check right now at work.

44. BailBondMike says:

Terrence Fede cut by Bills

45. BailBondMike says:

RB Mike Gillislee cut by pats. OL Brian Schwenke also

46. BailBondMike says:

QB Logan Woodside cut by bengals

47. BailBondMike says:

QB Landry Jones cut by steelers

48. BailBondMike says:

OL KC McDermott cut by Jags, I mocked him to a couple times in the late rounds. Guess he did not do well enough to stick.

49. BailBondMike says:

OL Brandon Smith also cut by the Jags. Was this the Auburn Brandon Smith drafted this year? I dunno

50. BailBondMike says:

M13, CB David Amerson cut by the Chiefs!

What a NAIL-BITER going on in Happy Valley!!!
    GO PSU!!!

Notable cuts…

QB Logan Woodside, OL Spencer Drango, DL Nate Orchard, DB Derron Smith, DE Michael Johnson, K Dan Bailey, DE Kony Ealy, DT Caraun Reid, RB Bo Scarbrough, WR Cobi Hamilton, DE Hunter Dimick, WR Allen Lazard, DB DAVID AMERSON, RB Mike Gillislee, WR Michael Floyd, WR Brandon Tate, G Jonathan Cooper, CB Tarvarus McFadden, QB Luke Falk, and OL Xavier Su’a-Filo.

Not all teams are listed as of yet on NFL.com, so more names to come.

I don’t see how signing young players who got cut by their teams makes us better. It’s not like every team is loaded with so much talent that they’re releasing great players who just can’t make it but they upgrade us. These QBs getting cut were never highly regarded players to begin with. They’re just names and they didn’t perform well enough. Maybe in time but I don’t see any of them making a difference at this time. I guess we’ll see but I’m not expecting any kind of significant upgrade from any of them especially the QBs who need to learn the system. Teams don’t cut quality QBs.

I would’ve liked to have Buddy Howell instead of Perry, and Poling instead of Anthony, and dump Fales and either kept Petty or Ford or Kendal Langford.

But I dont think we’re done.

IF the idea is to bring back Tony Lippett once he’s healthy, all good. But if not, wait until after week 1 to sign AMERSON for non-guaranteed money.

It has been rumored that we’ve been looking to bring a vet to our CB room… we’ve even had some vets in for visits. Amerson would absolutely make sense… for veteran minimum and non-guaranteed money.

WOOOOOOO!!! PSU wins in OT against App State!!!
    It’s going to be a long year, Brian!!!

steveccnv says:
    September 1, 2018 at 7:24 pm
    I thought he was a safety?

Didn’t we just trade for a CB?
    ———-
    We traded S Jordan Lucas yesterday… don’t know that we traded for a CB, unless I missed something.

Amerson is a CB, though I believe he should be playing S. He’d be like a Minkah, able to play BOTH positions.

—————
    Ah! Connor Cook would be a nice, PS eligible QB.

ocalarob says:
    September 1, 2018 at 7:47 pm
    we traded a 4th for the minnesota cb
    ————–
    Nah, Bro! That was the KC Chiefs trading a 4th rounder for the Vikings’ CB Mack Alexander.

Krishna,

Good to see ya! I wanted to say THANK YOU for your kind words to me yesterday, buddy! I respect you. CHEERS!!!

Conner Cook is available umm guys Conner

Cook

Michigan State Cook

Cook is better than Oswieller and Fales but he’s not one of Gase’s guys

Maybe it’s just me but I’m not that interested in PS QBs at this time. More focused on the 53 to help us win games.

But Tim, Oswieller and Fales suck. The other night was an anomaly, fun to watch but it was an anomaly nonetheless.

But QBs who get cut are questionable right off the bat. Teams don’t cut good young QBs.

Tell that to Case Keenum, my man! 🙂

02/15 HOU UFA
        03/15 SL trade from HOU
        03/17 LAR UFA
        03/17 MIN UFA signed
        03/18 MIN UFA
        03/18 DEN UFA signed

You can come up with a handful of examples of those who have panned out and I can come with thousands who haven’t. I’m just not excited about any of these QBs mentioned.

I’m just not focused on PS players, I’d rather focus on the team this year. For some reason cut players seem to excite some of you more than the guys who made teams. LOL

Son,

Are you watching the Michigan-Notre Dame game right now? The Irish look good!

September 1, 2018 at 8:21 pm

I’m interested in any moves they can make to improve the team, now or in the future.

Okay have fun with PS players. 😉

practice squad is 10 players now. Cool.

Yes I’m watching also being disrespectful to my host blogging lol
    Irish look tough

73. Krishna says:

Kinda with Tim…..and actually a good place to be with our team.

IF we can improve with someone else’s 54th best player, where we might be weak or lack depth, then maybe.

I didn’t watch osweiller in preseason
    But I don’t know that he sucks if you think of him as solely a backup
    Some one with nfl experience

He’s not an nfl starter by any stretch
    If you wanted some one to compete for a starting job – forget it

But he’s a vet with experience

If tannehill goes down, I don’t want to be cutler desperate

By cutler desperate I don’t mean the quality of the player

I mean paying a guy who’s ready for the booth a ridiculous amt to play for you bc you want a veteran

75. 13kvFINS says:

Some are severely underestimating/holding some sorta grudge against Oz,

Why ???

Cuz he got bummed after winning some 6 games to get Broncos to playoffs
    only to be replaced #18 ???

Cuz he got paid ???

Or cuz (since getting paid) he didn’t produce overnight
    In two one year attempts
    With two different franchises, schemes, OC’s etc, etc ???

He’s got all the tools, and he’s a feisty player that wears his heart on his sleeve who has good control of the huddle & playbook!!!

If called upon, he’s TOTALLY CAPABLE of Doin what he did in last PS game
    IN THE REGULAR SEASON and beyond!!!

Dunno what he did to those that give him zero benefit of a doubt???

GOFINS!!!

I guess that harbaugh recruiting incentive didn’t pay off…

78. 13kvFINS says:

Bummer for McKinnon/SF,

I’m firing the medical staff on this one,
    (initially a calf), my ass…

Sounds like a THill initially (though they did diagnose his as knee),
    while he did rehab etc, and didn’t return to field for 9 months before re-injury
    on pretend cut/plant

I see Jeremy Langford as a good one/replacement,
    but don’t tell SF, I have as much distaste for them
    as I do our own divisional rivals!!!

I didn’t see Preseason Game #4 yet, but every other game I saw Osweiler I thought he looked horrible. He must have done same really good things in this game to make the cut, or they really like his body of work at Denver. I did see him play very well on a Thursday or Monday Night game, but that’s about it. I recall saying Osweiler looked like a fucking statue in one of the games, maybe it 3 or 2, not sure.

• 13kvFINS says:

OL didn’t play well when Oz got his chances
      Other than in PS game 2 & 4 when he outplayed David
      David won vs Oz in PS game 1 & 3

Same age, Oz has a farr better body of work than David
      but Yea he a pocket type, but can run well enough to roll out etc

He can win more than 2 games, (if need be)
      he won some 6 or so to propel Broncos to post season!!!

Yea, Yea, Denver had a great D,
      As I expect us to !!!

GOFINS!!!

Osweiller is capable of possibly winning a game or two if called upon. That is really all you can expect from your backup. If our backup is required to play significant time, we’re screwed anyway.

I guess. Keep g 3 QB’S is a waste of a roster spot. I wish they had more conviction on who they liked

Agreed. There are a couple of players we cut today I’d rather have than that 3 QB spot.

Osweiller has proven he’s capable of winning some games in this league, so I personally would have kept him or Petty and cut the other two.

I’m just happy we are healthy

YES! This is the best preseason I can ever remember when it comes to how few injuries we had.

I can’t wait to see how we look against the Titans.

I agree Piggy. First goal accomplished….. healthy to start the season.

BTW, my buddy and I are staying a the Sheldon for the Fest….are the you?

Oz is Cutler with no mobility, maybe he isn’t quite as eradic, but he’s close.

His passes are so much better than fales’, but Fales moves better, since our OL is better than years past I’d go with Oz.

83. ElephantRider says:

Couple surprises on the cuts….

3 QBs?

Asiata I thought would make it…

Feel bad for Lippett…prob never be the same after the injury.

When you can only dress 46 of 53 for games how does having 3 QBs hurt you? One of them will be inactive on game day as well. Where’s the void? There isn’t one. But having one on the PS is paramount? I have no idea what that means. If an issue arises you can change that too. So keeping an extra player at a position that you never want to have to play at another position is more important than a QB? Think about that for a second. So keeping a LB like say Poling is the key over an extra QB?

If we can’t win with our core team, an extra player at some position other than QB isn’t making the difference.

“When you can only dress 46 of 53 for games how does having 3 QBs hurt you? One of them will be inactive on game day as well. Where’s the void? There isn’t one.”

I’ve never liked keeping 3 QBs. A 3rd QB is almost certainly never going to see the field. Any other position player you keep instead may actually see playing time and be of use during the season, even if they are player number 53. Might as well keep 2 place kickers or 2 punters as keep 3 QBs.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Tim is right about the hit of a QB3 being minimal, BUT
      QBs never play STs and can’t play slightly out of position like DBs or OL can, so they are really a stiff on the 53.

If keeping 3 were without sacrifice, every team would do it as the norm instead of only a handful who must do it due to extenuating circumstances like a fragile #1 or FO confusion like the jests.

On the flip side, your #3 can run the scout team, so if you DO keep a QB3, then Tim is right about not needing one on the PSquad, unless it is known that the QB3 is a temporary state of caution until you can get a guy for the PS like a Luke Falk maybe who might be developmental. And then if you can’t get a better solution, you keep the QB3.

85. naplesfan2010 says:

Some national pundits will point to us keeping both Fales and Oz as a sign that all is not well with Tannehill.

I really hope that is not the case, and I do not think it is.

I think they are worried about Fales and Oz.
    What if Tannehill gets concussed, say, and we put Oz in during Qtr 2 and he throws 2 INTs? Then we can bring in Fales and maybe his style will be less problematic for that opponent and we can hang on for a win or not just have to concede 2 games during the protocol because our only other option at QB sucks so bad.

You remember what happened to Oaktown when Carr went down, right?

86. naplesfan2010 says:

The Raiders cut dumbass DT Gabe Wright.

87. naplesfan2010 says:

Stringfellow got cut. As did De’Veon Smith, also from last year’s Dolphins camp.
    Sad to see Fede cut. AJ Francis got cut again. I hope Uber is not his only fallback.

88. naplesfan2010 says:

Jonathan Cooper got cut again. Talk about a bust.

89. Krishna says:

Perhaps, the idea of 3 qbs is Gase’s experience of not having 1 for a full season since he’s been here.

Now, he has insurance, perhaps arguably, that if Tannehill goes down, he has next man with, backup in place.

Or, he thinks Brock has trade value, high draft pick or swap for player in position of need.

I believe former, but OK with either.

After all, are we ready to trust the OL won’t get the QB killed this year? I’m not. I just hope he gets back up.

I’m thinking since QB is hardest to replace, he has insured position stability as best he can this year.

Let the season begin.

90. naplesfan2010 says:

Lots of good RBs got cut, but we don’t need any. Thomas Rawls, Charcandrick West, Knile Davis, Mike Gililslee, Ankrum Wadley, Travaris Cadet, Kenjon Barner, Mack Brown, Brandon Bolden, and my favorite, Jeremy Langford,

Speaking of which, Buddy Howell ought to be a priority PS guy for us.

a bit shocked FSU TE Nick O’Leary got cut, but I never liked that guy.
    quite shocked that TE Jace Amaro got cut. Maybe he’s another Gavin Escobar. No juice.

Chase Litton was a QB I thought had some devo potential. Guess not.

Our old guy LB Jon Freeney got cut. He’s done I guess.

and Roberto Aguayo got cut . What a head case.

91. naplesfan2010 says:

23 of the 53 were not in the starting 53 last year. That number could go up.

And somewhere between 12 and 14 of the starting 25 were not starters last year.

Add in the OC, OL, DL, RB, and DB coaches and that is a huge amount of new men for Gase to get trained.

Looking ahead, if all goes well, that ratio should settle down after this year.

92. BailBondMike says:

I would sign Connor Cook to the PS.

93. BailBondMike says:

Son, mark your calendar UCF at Memphis on 13 October. Looks like both are picking up where they left off last year. Memphis has a new gun slinger in QB Brady White who transferred from AZ State. He was 22-28 for 358, 5 TD’s and no INT’s in the first half yesterday. Though my only mancrush from that team is CB TJ Carter and he just happened to have a 35 yrd pick 6 yesterday.

Should be another fun year. That’s on my birthday too.
      Speaking of transfers did you see Grier yesterday for West Virginia?
      Man he looked good.

94. BailBondMike says:

I would love to see us draft TJ Carter next year. I believe he may enter the draft after this year. He is not just a great cover guy but the kid can tackle (54 solo tackles), likes to hit and makes big plays in big games. Here are his fresh #’s from last year:

Started all 13 games in the defensive backfield in his first collegiate season … Team’s fifth-leading tackler with 69 total stops (54 solo) … Led the team in total takeaways (7), passes defended (16), interceptions (5) and interception return yards (74) … Tied for the team lead in fumble recoveries (2) … Also had one forced fumble and one TFL … Recorded 11 multi-tackle games, including six contests with six or more total hits … Had career game in a road win at Houston with highs for total stops (14) and solo hits (11) … Tied highs for assisted tackles (3) and interceptions (1) vs. the Cougars … Recorded his first collegiate forced fumble vs. Houston … Key play came after Memphis took a 42-38 lead with under 1:30 to play … Ran down Houston QB Kyle Postma near midfield and forced the fumble that was recovered by Jonathan Cook, ending a potential go-ahead scoring drive for the Cougars … Came up with a key interception to seal the win for Memphis over Houston … With under :50 left on the clock, Houston drove the ball to near midfield again, but on a 2nd-and-10 play, picked off Postma and ended the Cougars’ final threat … Logged his first collegiate interception in a home win over ranked UCLA … With Memphis clinging to a 48-45 lead and UCLA deep in Tigers’ territory, picked off a Josh Rosen pass at the 10-yard line and returned it 42 yards to end the Bruins’ scoring threat (Memphis won 48-45) … Also registered his first collegiate fumble recovery vs. the Bruins … Had seven total tackles vs. UCLA (6 solo) … Posted four solo stops in his collegiate debut vs. Louisiana Monroe … Also had interceptions vs. Connecticut and UCF twice … Wrapped up freshman campaign with eight total stops (5 solo) and two PBU vs. Iowa State in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.

Sorry for the homer post LOL

95. BailBondMike says:

Son, yeah I did he looked good

Several reasons why you’d keep 3 QBs, with the typical choice being you have a good young prospect not ready for game action, but that isn’t us.

Ryan doesn’t seem to be held back, so the knee doesn’t seem to have factored in, so that leads me to believe there’s indecision between the FO and coaches on who should be #2.

I dont expect 3 QBs on the roster the Tuesday following game 1.

97. BailBondMike says:

I am not going to be a Memphis QB homer anymore though. I am beginning to think they are products of a system with great skill players.

98. naplesfan2010 says:

the U vs LSU tonight … lotta hype on that one … is Miami returning to national prominence?
    SEC vs ACC as well

Alabama suffocated Louisville … held them to 16 yds rushing on 26 carries and picked off 2 of Pass’s passes.

Interesting to see SEC beat Pac 10 yesterday Auburn over Washington.

I forgot about Asiata, I know his pass blocking is suspect, but his run blocking looks great. Couldn’t they at least work with him on his pass blocking while using him in games in short yardage situations?

It can be tough keeping him active, just to use him on a few plays a game, but it’s important downs and may be worth it.

100. naplesfan2010 says:

wow try to see that first Tua Tagovailoa TD pass. OMG

Some other team will probably pick him up, but Asiata has to be PS eligible if not.

We kept him on the 53 all last year but he was inactive most weeks so I would imagine he has PS eligibility. Not really sure of the criteria.

I bet the Jags will take Perriman, Bortles is probably campaigning for him right now.

I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG when I predicted FAU would stay within the 21-point spread vs. OKLAHOMA! Oh, well, at least I also said “bet the over” (which was 71 points total, versus an actual total of 77 total points). I absolutely could not believe how easily the Sooners destroyed FAU’s veteran defense. And FAU’s 5 penalties in the first few minutes destroyed two promising drives deep into Oklahoma territory. CAN’T make those mistakes and hang with a team as good as this one. It will be interesting to see how Kiffin & Company respond in next Saturday’s home opener vs. Air Force.
    ——————–
    SPEAKING OF THE SOONERS, Alabama and Oklahoma were the two best teams I saw yesterday. Clemson also appeared rock-solid and seems destined for College Football’s Final Four. Both Notre Dame and Michigan failed to impress me. And Penn State was lucky to avoid losing to App. State in overtime. I’ve got no idea right now which team I’d vote #4, altho’ I would NOT discount Son’s UCF Knights, especially if they run the table in the regular season and extend their unbeaten streak to 25 games!
    ——————–
    Saw this bumper sticker on a Michigan plated car down here: “Hey OSU: U should FIRE URBAN LIAR!”
    ——————-
    FINALLY: Dolfans should be insulted by the fact that the Titans are favored to beat the Fins in Sunday’s opening game. Jameis Winston (no threat to Marino) passed for 226 yards IN ONE QUARTER vs. Tennessee in the Bucs’ recent preseason game. Here’s hoping GARSE opens up the passing playbook and calls for several medium to long range passes against what I believe is a vulnerable Titan’s secondary!

Jerick McKinnon tore his ACL. If you are in a 10 team or more FF league might want to consider Alfred Morris or Matt Breida off waivers. Morris has the bigger potential but the Niners could bring in someone else. Breida should remain FF worthy unless they do a real huge trade to replace.

Putting my predictions out on a slow Sunday. 8-8 for the year and 23-21 over Tenn. I think our new kicker has some growing pains as he misses both a FG and XP to make this game a nail-biter.

Keeping 3 QBs has nothing to do with Tannehill not being good to go. To me it’s that if something was to happen Gase doesn’t want to go the Cutler route again. He wants in-house options.

Maybe we do explore other options at QB at some point but I think Gase feels that one extra QB doesn’t effect much as far as a game day roster. We’ll always have 7 inactives on game day so what’s the big deal if one is a QB?

107. BailBondMike says:

Naples, I will keep my eyes out for a lockdown LB. LOL Michigan’s LB Devin Bush Jr. looked good last night before he started cramping up. He’s only 5’11” but is 234, fast and athletic. Last year, “Bush made plays all over the field, missing only three tackles on 94 attempts while notching an impressive seven sacks, three QB hits, and 16 hurries on 99 rushes” as a freshman. Will have to watch him more this year.

108. Phindog says:

Dolphins claime QB Luke Faulk off waivers.

109. Phindog says:

Dolphins claim 6’6 WR Tanney McEvoy

Glad we Falked up, so now which of the two QB’s go, or do we put Falk on the PS?

Also, can we really have another Tanny on the team? Sheesh!

111. Phindog says:

Now we need to cut a guy 🤔

Like the addition of Falk. Please let us say goodbye to Osweiler

113. naplesfan2010 says:

It’s Tanner mcevoy. And we are over the 53 by 2 now. I don’t think you can get a guy off waivers, And put him right on PS.

114. naplesfan2010 says:

Do we cut perry and fales or fales and derby?

115. naplesfan2010 says:

We have 2 hurt wideouts …maybe they go on short IR.

Leonte Carroo will be on #Dolphins practice squad, per source. #Rutgers product.— Ryan Dunleavy (@rydunleavy) September 2, 2018

Naples, you may be right on PS signings.

CB Jalen Davis is joining Dolphins practice squad after being released by Miami on Saturday, per source.— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) September 2, 2018

119. ElephantRider says:

Phins don’t need to cut anybody. They had 1 spot still open.

ER — what are the chances of you making the Fest? Know you said were looking into it and will be getting the tix in the next couple days. But even if not sure there will always be tickets to be had and often end with extras in the group section.

C’mon ER – Come to the Fest man!

121. naplesfan2010 says:

ER is correct. We only have 52, as we traded Lucas.

122. naplesfan2010 says:

these about Caroo and Davis are twitter rumors…not saying they won’t happen, but they are unofficial.
    I would like to keep those 2.For the next 24 hrs (or whatever) anyone can bid on any cut players who eligible for PS and the highest bidder wins unless the player opts to sign for less.

123. 13kvFINS says:

Isn’t the dress 46 thing the same as it once was where you can actually only dress 45 unless the 46th is a #3 QB,

and once the #3 QB enters the game,
    you can’t go back to the QB 1 or 2

Or has that rule changed ???

124. naplesfan2010 says:

Some guys naturally want to stay with “their” team. Some hate “their” team for cutting them and want to get away.
    Some will take less $$ to play for NE or the SB champ or if they think their position is weak on a particular team.
    Some teams cut a guy and tell him they want him back on the PS in the same conversation, but I don’t think they can actually sign him until the waiting period is over.

Their agents are supposed to advise them about all of this.

125. naplesfan2010 says:

Chargers cut Cardale Jones and Denver cut Paxton Lynch.
    No thanks on those 2.

126. naplesfan2010 says:

I like all of these rumors:
    Quentin Poling, linebacker – per Joe Schad
    Isaac Asiata, guard – per Barry Jackson
    Leonte Carroo , wide receiver – per Field Yates
    Jalen Davis, cornerback – per Barry Jackson
    Cameron Malveaux, defensive end – per Barry Jackson
    Jonathan Woodard, defensive end – per Barry Jackson
    Jamiyus Pittman, defensive tackle – per Barry Jackson

NOOO-O-O-O on cafeteria star Asiata and the unmotivated Carroo!! Give FAU’s Buddy Howell, who reportedly busted his ass this summer camp, a reward for his hard work and dedication!!

• naplesfan2010 says:

Quentin Poling, linebacker – per Joe Schad
      Isaac Asiata, guard – per Barry Jackson
      Leonte Carroo , wide receiver – per Field Yates
      Jalen Davis, cornerback – per Barry Jackson
      Cameron Malveaux, defensive end – per Barry Jackson
      Jonathan Woodard, defensive end – per Barry Jackson
      Jamiyus Pittman, defensive tackle – per Barry Jackson
      Isaiah Ford, wide receiver – per Armando Salguero
      Jeremy Langford, running back – per Omar Kelly

127. 13kvFINS says:

Neither of our 2 current hindered WR’s ate hindered anywhere close to being put on 8 week IR, (broken finger, & concussion) from weeks on Grant and a month plus on DP finger…

Shoot, a broken finger in today’s pregame warm-ups isn’t keeping me from playing in that same game, and a 3 week old concussion isn’t either!!!

GOFINS!!!

I’d find a way to play every week no matter what,
    even for the NFL minimum wage of 7,500 a week!!!

• 13kvFINS says:

PS, I hate the I word, just asking for a jinx!!!

KV: DUDE, if the Doctor puts you in protocol for a concussion, you’ll STAY in that protocol until he CLEARS YOU TO PLAY!!! This prevents FOOLS from playing when the symptoms, no matter how minor, are still evident. Leaving protocol early is not a macho thing to do. It’s a STUPID thing to do! –But I DO appreciate your dedication, which is something missing in at least 1-2 of our cuts!!

• 13kvFINS says:

I be a “”FOOL”” then, cuz I’m EARNING my 7,500 a week minimum wage!!!

Just an example as I’m not an NFL player,
        though I’m more than aware of the protocol…

I haven’t missed a day of work in 20 years
        while suffering through far more than a broken finger or concussion every day of those years!!!

I’m Doin whatever it takes to not miss playing a game for my EARNED income, but again, just an example,
        didn’t expect to be taken literally 😁

NEW AGE: IF you are right and our new kicker misses BOTH a FG and an extra point against the Titans, it will be sayonara Sanders and welcome back Joseph!

Joseph did everything he should have done and liked what read about the kid. Sanders looked real good too though. And that 56-yarder was real impressive…. has one deep leg.

YOUNG STANGER: I’ve got some interesting news about my Brother-In-Law (Jim) when I see you Sunday.

Tanner McEvoy is a 6’5″ and 230 lbs. Been playing WR, but has also played S and went into a college as a QB. And since was taken off waivers will be on the 53 unless cut. Interesting pick up.

130. ElephantRider says:

Stanger

What’s the deadline?

Was planning on buying tmrw. But why don’t you tell me how likely you are to come. As big as the ticket number is, not a purely exact science.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Stanger — how do we settle up? Can I just give you cash when i get to Miami that weekend or do you need the money now? And if so, do you venmo? or paypal or …?

You just give me cash when you come. That part is the easiest one. But need to know if you want the things. 🙂

Hell yeah. Falk to Miami

132. 13kvFINS says:

Did Owusu make it back to PS ??

133. naplesfan2010 says:

Sorry sir but what are the things?

Stanger, son + 7
    Final answer

Gonna be a big one Son. Remember when I said the dude ordered more than I asked for? Turns out yeah we needed them. Will trust for you to collect for your whole group, and bring a guitar and tent. Also sounds like Toba is gonna need to rent a bigger bus. 🙂

No need for a bigger bus, gonna get an orange lot pass to cover most of the group. And yes I’ll collect for my group.

I’ll have tent and guitar as well

Cool — that’ll make a 4 car spread at the tailgate since Damian wants a pass too. But don’t get that pass till you hear from me. Parking is different this year cause of the tennis building stuff. Gonna check out what is up when go next week.

Ok let me know

135. naplesfan2010 says:

Writer says dolphins will sweep the patties.

136. Krishna says:

It’s because Hull is on IR; Lucas was traded.

137. 13kvFINS says:

Patrick new piece is up

I’ll try to offering link below this comment

GOOAAAHHHH 17,
    GOFINS!!!

138. naplesfan2010 says:

We are so gonna kick Tennessee tail.

Buddy Howell was claimed by Houston.

• naplesfan2010 says:

Dammit

WELL SHIT!!!! I’ve got a feeling the FO is going to regret this! Yet ANOTHER lump of coal for T-BOMB!! When our first running back suffers an injury, his replacement will cost more and perform worse than Buddy Howell!!

140. BailBondMike says:

The Miami Dolphins have announced a series of roster moves completed on Sunday, stemming from the league awarding them quarterback Luke Falk and wide receiver Tanner McEvoy off waivers. To make roster space, the Dolphins placed linebacker Mike Hull and center Jake Brendel on injured reserve. The team also released tackle Sam Young.
    —————————————————————————
    OK WTF is going on today? Does this mean we are down to 8 OL or even 7 OL? 4 QB’s on the roster? WTF

141. naplesfan2010 says:

So we will carry 6 WRs after all.

142. BailBondMike says:

I figured they would be bringing Young back, but right now we are heading into week 1 with 7 OL which includes one who is injured and questionable for week 1 So only have 6 healthy OL heading into week 1. We will have to wait for the injury report to come out and see if Larsen has been upgraded.

143. BailBondMike says:

A comment on Phinsider:
    Falk was the 199 pick in the draft
    same exact pick as Tom Brady. So at least he has that going for him.
    Posted by madcitydave on Sep 2, 2018 | 5:55 PM
    ————–
    LOL

Now that we have a 2018 QB draftee on the roster we should move way up in the power polls, since that was the reason we were so low.

OD, you think Howell is needed with Drake, Gore, Ballage and Perry?

Falk was someone the coaches and fo liked. He was brought in and made multiple visits with our coaches.

Gase really likes Senorise, because of the way he’s progressed and he’s a 3 tool RB, like our other 3 and Buddy Howell.

Not sure how much of an advantage we’ll get playing Titans in Sept at 1pm. The last 3 times I was in Nashville it was extremely hot and humid, not quite Miami, but…

Way they have it set up now the first half at least the visitors are in the sun and the Phins in the shade. No matter where they travel in from.

How is Jeremy Langford PS eligible? I had him on my FF team a couple of years ago?

they changed the rules last season or the year before to allow veteran players in some way.

In 2016, the NFL adopted a modification to the practice squad rules that allows up to four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons, making it easier for teams to have experienced players on their practice squad. In the previous agreement, only two players with two accrued seasons were allowed to be on a practice squad.

They should use the practice squad like a minor league and let them scrimmage the team’s current opponent on Saturday’s. Of course they’d have to add several more players and the rules would have to be different, like 30 of the 37 cut on Saturday would go to the PS and they wouldn’t have to clear waivers and teams wouldn’t be able to poach.

guard Isaac Asiata, wide receiver Leonte Carroo, cornerback Jalen Davis, wide receiver Isaiah Ford, center Connor Hilland, running back Jeremy Langford, defensive end Cameron Malveaux, defensive tackle Jamiyus Pittman, linebacker Quentin Poling and defensive end Jonathan Woodard.

The U coming up shortly on ABC

Other than those four players, eligibility is limited to players who have been on an active roster for fewer than six games, or were on a 46-man active gameday roster for fewer than nine games.

A player is allowed on the practice squad for up to two years, with one year counting as six weeks in a season. A third year on the practice squad is only allowed if the team keeps 53 players on their active roster at all times (which every team does).

MY Phins Mock Draft (4/19/16)

Sign (AFTER May 12th): RB Arian Foster (<– IF Arian's Achilles is healthy)

R1P13: William Jackson III, CB, Houston
    R2P11: Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State
    R3P10: Connor McGovern, OG/OT, Missouri
    R4P9: Tyler Ervin, RB, San Jose State
    R5P8: Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee
    R6P11: Willie Beavers, OT/OG, Western Michigan
    R7P6: Tanner McEvoy, TE/FS/QB/LB, Wisconsin
    R7P10: Luther Maddy, DT, Virginia Tech
    ——————-
    WELCOME TO MIAMI, Tanner McEvoy!!!

Luke Falk huh? I mocked him like every other draft I did. but but 4 QB’s? I bet they keep him on the 53 and then try to slip him to the practice squad after the required waiting time.

Tim asks if we really need Howell since we already have Drake, Gore, Ballage and Perry. Naples says we’re already flush at RB. I think BOTH of you missed my main point. To wit, “When the first of our four running backs suffers an injury (a SIGNIFICANT injury, that is),the guy who is signed to replace him will cost more and perform below Buddy Howell’s level.” I STAND BY THAT STATEMENT. –NOW, if NONE of our 4 running backs misses any time due to injury this entire season, then my concerns about the COST of his replacement and the PERFORMANCE of his replacement is meaningless. But I’ll bet that at least ONE of these 4 backs misses time during the regular season, necessitating acquiring a back up who is healthy enough to play.

I like Howell almost as much as you, but…you must’ve been one heck of a chess player to be thinking about so many moves out.

Betting that all 4 running backs avoid serious injuries an entire season is NOT a smart move in the NFL. Alas, “NOT smart moves” is what T-BOMB is all about. Hopefully, we WON’T regret letting Howell get away to Houston in the future.
        ——
        And, yes, Steve, planning ahead “many moves out” is part of what I get paid to do.

So is McEvoy WR, QB or Safety?

steveccnv says:
    September 2, 2018 at 7:17 pm

Now that NFL Europe et al are no longer around they need to do something to improve the play and develop better players. Especially with the CBA rules that limit practice time, contact, etc. They have pussified the game of football and watered it down.

steveccnv says:
    September 2, 2018 at 7:22 pm
    Why?
    ————
    He’s an incredible athlete who can do it all. He can flex out wide from the TE position, he can come inside from the WR position, he can line up at RB, he can throw the ball on trick plays, and he’s got HANDS.

160. ElephantRider says:

Stanger

I will hopefully have final answer tomorrow or Tuesday.

I’m excited about Falk

He had a reputation of an overachiever with a str g work ethic at Washington

Not a strong arm but I know he will put in the work to
    So his job

Don’t know if he is just signed for intel, but it’s f we stick with him, I think he might pay off

163. 13kvFINS says:

Perry was every bit as impressive vs better players as was Howell vs the currently unemployed!!! Perry had the 4spot locked down before final PS game as he was in Jersey only on the sidelines, he did well in o17 too!!!

5th string RB’s are a dime a dozen

We usually carry just 3 RB’s goin in,
    a 5th isn’t likely to be any more useful than a QB3

Had to keep both Oz & Fales to give’Em time to figure out who should actually be the 2 (via Reg season standard practices) if not the misfortune of In Games

GOFINS!!!

164. 13kvFINS says:

Watched Falk last year and wanted nothing to do with him as he looked unimpressive in college games that I watched intently…

Nothing to see here IMHO,
    rather have numerous others recently cut,
    but Brass went and got him, so go Fall

though he’ll never take THills job as long as 17’s under contract!!!

GOFINS!!!

pheloniusphish says:
    September 2, 2018 at 8:30 pm
    WTF – You actually keep two year old posts?
    ————-
    It’s not the ‘post’ that I keep… rather, I keep a record of who I selected for us in past drafts. I need to be able to gauge whether I should give up on this hobby or not. 🙂

Rosier sucks

167. naplesfan2010 says:

the U looks awful.

I’m glad Carroo, ford and Asiata are on the ps

Not ready to give up on those draftees

I’m ready to give up on caroo. I really don’t see anything there. The other two yeah I think the need other chances.

Well

If it didn’t happen by now it probably won’t

I’m just happy we get some use out of the picks

OD, well that’s a lot of ifs if anyone goes down. It’s football, if Howell is that important to us we might as well do something else rather than follow the Dolphins or the NFL. Betting that all 4 RBs avoid serious injuries is not a smart move? Seriously? LOL

170. naplesfan2010 says:

Rozier makes bad pre-snap reads. Like, Middle school bad.

171. naplesfan2010 says:

Miami looks like a dumb team.

172. naplesfan2010 says:

I thought Caroo was going to be Anquan Boldin 2.0, but maybe that skillset’s day is past anyway.

173. ElephantRider says:

Asiata can run blocks very well. He just needs time, 8 guess, to work on his pass protection. I haven’t given up on him…

174. naplesfan2010 says:

2018 Draft picks for Tennessee Titans

Rd1, Evans, hasn’t played his first NFL snap yet due to mystery illness/injury
    Rd2, Landry,. Has high ankle sprain, available when?
    Rd5, Cruikshank. Hurt arm/shoulder 1st preseason game, returns??
    Rd6, Falk, On the Dolphins.

175. naplesfan2010 says:

Gililslee to the Saints

176. naplesfan2010 says:

The Dolphins kept 0 UDFAs this year. I can not remember that ever happening.

177. naplesfan2010 says:

Seven of the eight 2018 draft picks made the initial 53-man roster, the only exception being seventh-round pick Quentin Poling, and he made the PSquad. The other draft picks were DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, TE Mike Gesicki, LB Jerome Baker, TE Durham Smythe, RB Kalen Ballage, CB Cornell Armstrong and K Jason Sanders.

Of 8 draft picks, 4 will be starters their rookie year, which is a great ratio. And Smythe will eventually be that quasi first stringer in 2-TE sets. And Ballage looks like the sleeper in the draft. He has a very high level of talent, physique, and attitude.

olddolphan says:
    September 3, 2018 at 8:18 am

WE’LL SEE WHO IS LAUGHING BY WEEK 12!!

I’m pretty sure it’ll be the same people

180. naplesfan2010 says:

RB Lamar Miller 5’10 220 lbs born in Miami, went to UMiami, played for a short time with the Dolphins, now on the Texans.
    RB Buddy Howell 6’1 225 lbs born in Miami, went to FAU, played for a short time with the Dolphins, now on the Texans.

Actually, Howell has a very good chance to stick and get playing time, as I seem to recall that Miller is known to get nicked up a lot.

181. naplesfan2010 says:

For the first time in as long as I can remember, no undrafted rookies made the 53-man roster, though three made the 10-man practice squad: cornerback Jalen Davis, defensive tackle Jamiyus Pittman and center Connor Hilland, which can’t be discounted. Having said that, there just weren’t that many spots available on this team. Let’s hope that a positive sign.

I do think that is a good sign that we didn’t have a roster with too many holes to fill with just the draft or that we did not have a good draft. I can remember years when we found starters in the UDFAs. That’s desperation.

182. naplesfan2010 says:

This year we cut guys with years of pro experience (Garvin, Escobar, Langford, and Gabe Wright)
    You snicker as do I but in the past we “found” these “vets” to help us. Now they can’t make the cut.

We also moved on from former draft picks. In the past we had no alternative but to keep hoping.
    I mean I do hope Ford and Caroo and Asiata finally contribute to victories, and Kendall Langford i am sure has been told to stay in shape as next man up if our DL can’t stop the run or a DT goes down for the season. He’s a NFL quality player.

But the difference is this team is better than the ones recycling DT3, Dallas Thomas, Anthony Fasano, and Lawrence Timmons as starters

and hoping Ocho Cinco has something left in the tank.

Not one of my typical tounge in cheek shots at Mike E, seriously, Smythe may end up starting more games then Gesicki due to his strengths and the propensity to need an additional run blocker on first down.

If we are cursing the season in week 12 because we do not have Howell on the roster than we are fucked

They gave up on Luke Falk pretty quickly. I wonder why

OBVIOUSLY, MIKE, they think Gabbert is better than Falk!! SOOO-O-O our decision to acquire Falk and not to keep Howell on the roster speaks volumes.

• naplesfan2010 says:

looks bad … as in they did not want Falk …
      but i was reading on a Titans website that their beat writer(?) and some fans were pissed that we stole their guy when they really needed to have a young QB to develop and who knows their system already in case Mariota gets injured AGAIN.

because …
      Their back-up is BLAINE GABBERT.

I get that, but they did pick up Logan Woodside, so if they really liked Falk, they could have kept him

• naplesfan2010 says:

We swiped him onto our PS before they could.
        Woodside is their plan B because he does not know their nomenclature.

Their Week 1 opponent DOES know their playbook. They are royally pissed.

186. naplesfan2010 says:

Logan Woodside couldn’t beat out Jeff Driskel for the Bengals back-up spot.

• naplesfan2010 says:

and no one signed Woodside onto their PS in the Big Rush first wave of signings.
      He sat there for 32 teams till now. Falk was signed onto our 53 (correction of my error above).

I was never too high on Woodside. I like Faulk much better as a prospect

• naplesfan2010 says:

same here

KEN;Isn’t FAULK already retired and in the Hall-of-Fame in Canton?? –Just pulling yer chain, man! But I’ve gotta say “FALK” has yet to SHOW ME in the NFL, unlike Marshall FAULK!

LOOKIN’ forward to seeing you at the Fest!!!

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS: WE absolutely should win at home against a mediocre Titans team. IF Miami truly is a playoff contender, beating Tennessee by double figures is a minimum expectation.
    SO I’m gonna take an extra swig of kool aid and predict:
    Mia-27 Ten-17
    ———————
    LET THE PREDICTIONS BEGIN!!!!!

188. naplesfan2010 says:

I wonder what is going through the minds of Fales and Osweiler in light of signing a young arm.

We certainly won’t keep 4 QBs, but maybe they hope to hold onto Falk until other teams are set and then move him down to the PS. Which means one of those 10 guys I like will be cut.

Or maybe Gase is crazy enough to keep 4 QBs for a while until … some goal in his mind is met.

OD – It’s never quite that simple, and those correlations you made are a reach. A lot fans liked Howell, but there may be shortcomings that our coaches saw that we don’t get to see. I like our RB depth a lot, and always felt it would be the 4 we have now. Perry is a good St’s player and KR, so he had more value than Howell, and Ballage has more talent. Don’t sweat it. Not sure Falk or Woodside or Howell for that matter are anyone’s roster come week 8.

190. 13kvFINS says:

“””””MIAMI – The Miami Dolphins today announced they have signed center Travis Swanson.

Swanson played four seasons with Detroit (2014-17), appearing in 53 games with 42 starts. He signed as an unrestricted free agent with the N.Y. Jets on April 4, 2018 before being released on Aug. 31, 2018. He originally entered the NFL as a third-round pick (76th overall) by Detroit in the 2014 NFL draft.””””

191. 13kvFINS says:

Wanted badly to keep Owusu cuz of being Parker stature clone,

but this new guy McEvoy is an even better big guy option,
    so not bummed about Owusu!!!

At 6 feet 6, 230 pounds, McEvoy brings great size to the Dolphins wide receiver group, “””””

NICE, EVEN BIGGER, TALLER, MORE PROVEN THAN Owusu!!!

“””””McEvoy is a third-year player from Wisconsin who spent the past two seasons with the Seattle Seahawks and ((((( caught 14 passes for 253 yards (impressive 18.1 average))))) and two touchdowns, both of them in 2017.””””

GOFINS!!!

Posting a new article. It will be up in a few minutes

New blog up