Dress Rehearsal – Preseason Game III

Now that we’ve got all the roster battles out of the way, this Saturday looms large for some players who either can lose their starting jobs because they don’t show enough to keep them, or for players trying to establish themselves as starters to prove they are worthy of such.  The third game of the preseason is the game in which starters get their longest look, some may play at a minimum the first half, and some even continue into the 3rd quarter.  It’s the closest thing to REAL game the preseason gives you.  That doesn’t mean there will be extensive game planning for the game, that’s not the case, but starters will get plenty of reps to get them ready for the regular season.

There’s so much talk, particularly on this blog as to who the starting RB should be.  Some feel it should be long time veteran Frank Gore, and some feel it should be young upstart Kenyan Drake.  As far as I’m concerned, it doesn’t really matter.  If it makes some people happy that Gore is on the field for the first snaps of our 1st offensive series, so be it.  Kenyan Drake is the back that will be receiving the majority of the touches.  How much of a majority will depend on the game circumstances.  Drake is the explosive big play home run hitter, and he has the potential to do that on any play.  He showed that last season, and he will improve.  As I’ve pointed out several times, Drake was always the 2nd fiddle to backs like Derrick Henry, and T.J Yeldon.  It was partly due to minor injuries that hampered Drake, but also because the other backs were getting it done while Drake was not.  Drake is ready folks, and we will use him in a fashion that best suits the team.  He’s an excellent pass catcher, and explosive runner.  Gore is also an excellent pass catcher, although he doesn’t have the breakaway speed he once had, if there’s a short yardage situation where we need a yard or two, Gore would be my choice for sure.

Ryan Tannehill needs to get this team in the endzone. That delay of game in preseason game II in the redzone is just a drive killer, and unacceptable.  Honestly, I saw another series where he had a delay of game, at least according to the play clock they showed on the field, he got an extra 2 seconds somehow, but it wasn’t called anyway (maybe the play clock we saw was incorrect). The Ravens always give us fits, so I’m not expecting too many good things, but a couple of TD’s from the first stringers on offense would be nice.  I would also like #86, TE Mike Gesicki to show a pulse in the passing game, and go out there and catch some passes, maybe even a TD.

The defense allowed some big plays last week, so I’d like them to not allow that to occur.  I don’t follow any other teams closely, but it seems like a lot of ex-Dolphins are real chippy now that they are elsewhere.  Is it just the Dolphins that have ex players so disgruntled and petty?  Suh took a shot at the DL after Christian McCaffrey busted through for a 71YD TD run, in which Suh put on Instagram “Right up the gut”.  You would think these guys have enough to worry about with  the respective teams they currently play for, but . . .

I would say one of the biggest issues on the defensive side of the ball is is a math equation, X + ? = CB.   We know Xavien Howard is starting on the right side, but which CB starts opposite him is the key.  Right now, former slot and nickel CB Bobby McCain is tops on the depth chart, and he played eh against the Panthers.  Cordrea Tankersley took a step backwards, and Tony Lippett is M.I.A. with an ankle injury.  So that leaves Torry McTyer, Jalen Davis, Cornell Armstrong and Taveze Calhoun, as well as Tony Lippett if healthy, as the CB’s who have a shot, along with do everything Minkah Fitzpatrick, who may be pressed into action early on.  My hope has always been that either Tank elevates his play or Lippett gets healthy, and goes back to his 2016 form and forms a solid CB tandem.  At the moment, both seem in jeopardy.

Will Devante Parker ever be and remain fully healthy, and will he ever be the top talent receiver we thought we drafted at #14 in 2015?  Probably not, it hasn’t come together yet, and Parker was exercised the 5th year option in April of this year, so odds are, if Parker is going to have a great season, he will do it in ’19 just to torture Dolphins fans as he most likely walks when we don’t pay him $16M per after he catches 80 passes for 1400 yards and 10 TD’s. Besides Parker, we have Kenny Stills who is been a big play WR for us.  Stills averaged over 15 YPR every season except last season with Jay Cutler, where averaged just under 15, at 14.6YPR.  Danny Amendola will be taking over for Jarvis Landry as far as working the middle and short areas, and I believe Albert Wilson will be doing some of that as well.  Wilson may line up more on the outside, but he’s the type of receiver you get the ball with a little bit of separation to, he can turn that into a big play.  Jakeem Grant is another such receiver.  They want to get the ball into his hands, because Grant is a HR waiting to happen.  Wilson will probably get the occasional rushing play too, and Grant will as well.  As to which WR, if any, gets the 6th WR spot, my hopes are Frances Owusu makes his case.  Ford may have a slight edge, and of course due to investment, you can’t totally count Carroo out, but I think Carroo better show an awful lot if he wants to stay.

The TE situation is kind of muddy at the moment.  MarQueis Gray is now atop the depth chart, followed by A.J. Derby and then Gavin Escobar.  1st RD pick Mike Gesicki is now 5th, one spot behind Thomas Duarte, and just in front of Durham Smythe.  Message?  I think so.  If Gesicki goes up against the #3’s, he will probably do some damage there, but preseason depth charts are jumbled anyway, even for the dress rehearsal.  One thing is certain, MarQueis Gray is a good blocker, and I expect he will help get the run game going against an always tough Baltimore defense.  It seems like Gase wants guys with experience against the Ravens, and I can understand that.  John Harbaugh is a top NFL coach, and his teams are always disciplined and tough.

The Ravens have somewhat of a new look offense, with new WR’s Michael Crabtree from the Raiders, Willie Snead from the Saints, and John Brown, the speedster from Arizona, along with a refreshed rushing attack led by Alex Collins who had a very nice season last year with 973 yards rushing, and 6 TD’s, his first year as a starter.

The DL didn’t look bad, and Robert Quinn looked downright fast as he had his way with LT Matt Kalil.  The 71 YD run is not all on the DL, they are the 1st line of defense, and then the LB’s, CB’s and safeties.  All have to break down in order for that run to happen, and it did.  I still think our DL is way underrated, and I expect us to be pleasantly surprised.    The addition of Kendall Langford will only help, a nice mix of vets (Phillips, Spence and Langford) and youngins (Godchaux, Taylor and either Pittman or Moten)

All of a sudden, the fanbase turned on McMillan, who looked so slow, and out of position all night.  Relax!  I think McMillan will be a very good player for us this season, let him get some action, he knows what he’s doing, he needs to get up to NFL game speed.  Kiko is fine, definitely a solid player, as long as he’s not covering a mismatch TE or RB, and Baker looks poised to make some noise.

Things we all want to see, are red zone TD’s, no FIST PUMPS!  We want to see some player, whoever that may be, solidify the CB spot opposite Xavien Howard, no big plays or really long drives for the Ravens, and if the Dolphins are going to score TD’s, please do it while Ryan Tannehill is in so we can stop talking about that.  Most of all, we want all our Dolphins to get healthy, and stay that way!

940 Responses to Dress Rehearsal – Preseason Game III

They said before the season the Marlins and Ray’s combined wouldn’t get to 100 wins, they have 123 now.

How bout them Marlins unis this weekend with Dolphins colors.

Steve 10-6
    M13 9-6?
    Wyoming 8-8

Copy and paste and add your prediction.

Which one of you are going to send me one of these from the fest?

Hey, we took 2 Jersey Boys in this draft, maybe Eli Apple could be on the radar, he’s also from NJ. Stranger things have happened . . .

Anyone watching Cowboys vs Cards? Boys QBs Rush and rookie White. I know our backup QBs suck, but come on man, they ain’t as bad as this situation.

Anyone know why anyone would ever pitch or throw a ball backwards behind the LOS, when they weren’t planning on throwing it again (other than a guy in your face and you cant pitch it forward)? I mean its retarded, the rule says, if you pitch or throw it forward and its dropped its incomplete, so why send it backwards?

I also didn’t want to draft McMillan, I saw things in his game tape I didn’t like, some of those things have resurfaced during the preseason, but I’m fine with him. He’ll study enough and get guys lined up in the right spot, so even if he isn’t great he’ll put his teammates in position to make plays.

Wow Rush sucks

wyoming85 says:
    August 26, 2018 at 8:40 pm
    Punt fumbled – TD
    Pick 6
    and it’s a blood bath for Rush!

Smith from Dallas with his best Ballage impersonation, trying to hurdle a defender and fumbling 😀

LOL, 9-7!

I had a Kiko moment when making our season prediction! 😀

Steve 10-6
    M13 9-7
    Wyoming 8-8
    CavKong 9-7

Steve 10-6
    M13 9-6?
    Wyoming 8-8
    CavKong 9-7
    Rock 10-6
    Naples 13-6

Copy and paste and add your prediction.

Game 3 can be viewed on Youtube

15. naplesfan2010 says:

oh sorry I see what you guys are proposing to do with the predictions list. That way no one has to be in charge of it. I must’ve missed that discussion.

Did we lose Howie or are we just lightening up his workload?
    By that I mean are we going to do the weekly score picks this way also?

16. naplesfan2010 says:

I pick us to go 13-6 as in 11-5 and then 2-1 in the playoffs.
    fingers crossed

17. naplesfan2010 says:

Eric Decker retired right after they cut Kenny Britt.
    The pasties* are in a bit of turmoil at WR.

18. naplesfan2010 says:

Rishard Matthews comes off the PUP for the Titans.

Not sure why, but I don’t want to predict our record for this season.

wyoming85 says:
    August 26, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Travis Wingfield
    @WingfieldNFL
    Kenyan Drake has a 36, 34, and 30 yard play this preseason. He closed the final five games of 2017 with plays of 47, 42, 32, 31 and 31.

8 plays in 8 games that completely flip the field (or score points).

If it walks like a big play threat and talks like a big play threat…
    12:09 PM – Aug 26, 2018
    161
    32 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    steveccnv says:
    August 26, 2018 at 8:53 pm
    This isn’t relavant, plays past 10 yards dont factor into rushing stats.
    Rockphin says:
    August 26, 2018 at 9:16 pm
    Snicker
    ___________________________________________________

The Morons of the blog above, Wyoming you should stick to posting the news stories, You’re good at that, keep your opinion to yourself as you obviously don’t have a clue.

Steve, i’m thinking you have to be 15 years old.

Rockphin, your resort to insults is typical of someone who doesn’t know shit, you want to cloud the issues because you can’t justify your position. and i don’t appreciate the personal attacks, maybe something we can discuss face to face when i see you in october.

ORob — get you are POed and have history with Rock and steve, but why Wyoming? All he did was retweet something. How would you feel if you were him? And the answer is below. Hoping after you cool down will see that part of it.

you cant express your football opinion here without the immature posters attacking you because they don’t agree with your opinion instead of debating it.

not all are immature posters, there are some here who are great people and i enjoy the convos whether i think they are right or wrong,

maybe i should just keep my opinion to myself to stop the insults.

CavalierKong says:
    August 26, 2018 at 11:50 pm
    Steve 10-6
    M13 9-7
    Wyoming 8-8
    CavKong 9-7
    Rock 10-6
    Naples 13-6

Copy and paste and add your prediction
    __________________________

NO THANKS

Rob
    You seem to have an issue with me all the time?

I don’t even remember having a conversation with you on the whole time I’ve been on the board!

I don’t have an issue with your opinion.

I actually would like to run the ball more.

But as you say MY MOTHER FUCKING OPINION is mine and for you to say it doesn’t matter is well not my problem.

Oh and you are the only one I’ve heard threaten someone with physical force.

So you might want to check you testosterone at the key board before you bite off more than you can chew!

hey guys, Fest is coming up, and Tannehill is back. let’s all pass the kava.

Personal attacks? Insults? What insult? The only personal attacks I see are from you calling people morons, etc. We can discuss in October face to face if it makes you feel better. See you then.

I’m kinda upset that Orob is mad at me. What personal attack have I EVER thrown your way Rob? I have NEVER called you a name or slung shit at you. I have teased you in a friendly ribbing manner the way I do with my friends, but I have NEVER ONCE said a degrading thing to you or about you. I have never called YOU a moron an idiot or a retard. I have only pointed out Hyperbole when you use it. (I.e. we are doomed if Gase doesn’t do what you want) That being said, if you are still cranky in October about this I will be happy to address it then.

I’ll be more than happy to be the guest referee. Besides the room with with the buffet and pool tables, right next to that is a pro-sized boxing/wrestling ring. I think Doggy should be the announcer, he has the Gus Johnson type of vibe to me. 🙂

BTW – Are we boxing or wrestling, or just UFC style fighting? I need to get my rules straight before the match. lol

Apple might be someone the G-Men want to get rid of because he has been a clubhouse cancer, but that’s not someone thats going to help them with their cap. They would need to target moving someone like Jenkins, Snacks, or Eli Manning, each of which would really cut down the cap space. They actually lose money if they cut or trade Apple, too, i mean its not much, its like 500K, but again, they are looking to make space not shrink it.

Did they say they are 18mil over the cap? If so they are going to have to move a bunch of valuable players.

Manning would clear almost all 18mil of it by himself. Jenkins clears 6mil. Solder is going to cost more to cut/trade. Snacks, saves them 7.3. Really thats about it, its either they will have to hack out a bunch of players each maybe saving them a mil or two here or there, or they are going to have to move one of those bigger targets, of which there really are only 3 viable ones.

That’s a good point, wasn’t even thinking of salary necessarily, just a guy they may be willing to part with for a pick.

On the other hand, there is almost zero chance they get rid of Manning. After drafting Saquon Barkley instead of drafting a QB, they would get killed if they got rid of Manning now. It would make that draft make absolutely no sense at all.

Well there it is!

Let’s just make it through the preseason and season with no major injuries to important players

Normally think keep going on your owns turns into a cluster F on this board, but I’ll do my part. We need Howie.

Steve 10-6
    M13 9-7
    Wyoming 8-8
    CavKong 9-7
    Rock 10-6
    Naples 13-6
    Manitoba 13-3
    stanger 8-8

Copy and paste and add your prediction

Sounds about right

39. 13kvFINS says:

Gase (19 minute video presser)

GOFINS!!!

I wonder is we do any early cuts before the last game and the deadline. Sometimes when a team cuts a vet player they do a little ahead of the bulk cuts just to give them a head start on finding new jobs.

41. drg says:

I see an offense that is capable of being effective, but unlikely to put up big points. I fear our defense is going to be a major problem again. No telling how turnovers, injuries, and SOS will break. Probably in the 6-8 win range would be my guess. I’ll go with 7-9.

I’m praying to see something special from our coaches, QB, or young players. We need a spark from somewhere. Haven’t seen it yet.

Steve 10-6
    M13 9-7
    Wyoming 8-8
    CavKong 9-7
    Rock 10-6
    Naples 13-6
    Manitoba 13-3
    stanger 8-8
    Bookman 10-6
    Copy and paste and add your prediction

43. ElephantRider says:

Back from FL…
    Was a whirlwind and never got a chance to even check to see about any meet up opportunities.
    Was a quick and sad trip, but necessary and glad I went.

I think the offense will be ok/good and score enough early on giving the D a little time to get it together. Pass rush is going to be fun to watch, run D will have me throwing things…

44. ElephantRider says:

Steve 10-6
    M13 9-7
    Wyoming 8-8
    CavKong 9-7
    Rock 10-6
    Naples 13-6
    Manitoba 13-3
    stanger 8-8
    Bookman 10-6
    ER 16-0
    Copy and paste and add your prediction

45. 13kvFINS says:

Mannn, tough decisions to be made!!!

At #4 RB, (if we keep 4) which I think we should considering the talent that we’d be releasing (if we don’t keep 4)

Perry has looked good everytime he touches the ball for last two PS
    New comer Jeremy Langford has history with Gase and steamrolled some dude at the end of an impressive run (deleted due to penalty), and Doin well in short time he’s been here

Both turn 27 this year, Perry Sept, Langford December
    Both are 6-0, 210/11, Langford ran a 4.42, couldn’t find a 40 on Perry
    but doubt that it’s better than a 4.52

Langford has much more starting experience,
    and could be the bruising, and perhaps feature back down the road,
    If need be (post Gore)

I like’Em both A LOT, hope we keep at least one,
    while 2/5 RB is an impossibility!!!

Mann Perry been soo impressive as a Dolphin,
    but Langford May have more upside & speed,
    TOUGH, TOUGH TOUGH DECISIONS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!

HMMM???

GOFINS!!!

August 27, 2018 at 11:42 am
    ORob — get you are POed and have history with Rock and steve, but why Wyoming?
    ______________________________________

the guy has taken shots at me before,

Was just one of the many retweets he does. Can’t imagine getting wieghed down by past stuff like that. Have no current problem with any one person on this board… accept them as they are. Just try to talk Phins and have some fun.

Rockphin says:
    August 27, 2018 at 11:11 am
    _____________________________________________

Well…….. the immature trol steve is mocking me…… why were you “SNIKERING” about it?

do you think that’s piling on a little?

Yes…you’ve said some pretty stupid things over the past months, Most of the time you’re insinuating that i’m stupid about my position on tanny and drake. you don’t like my opinion so you do what you can to attack me..

I’m not mad …… i just wish if you have nothing nice to say to or about me….. just don’t say anything to me on this blog. if you really have a problem with me it would be better if you insult me in person

I try to keep it football always, maybe you should try that as well.

I never meant to insult you and I have never stooped to name calling (As I will point out you DO stoop to) I have busted your balls about your inflexible hyperbolic OPINION that you state as fact, but I have only done it in what I thought of as a friendly manner, Like I would bust my best buddies balls. You make “absolute” comments similar to “If Gore isn’t our starting running back we are doomed” or if Drake runs on first down for us we won’t win 6 games. These are hyperbolic over the top statements and I have called you on them. You want to threaten me with assault to make me stop? Strap up because I have never backed down and will not start now. See you in October.

• ocalarob says:

I’m not threatning you, I never said i would do you harm, i just want you to insult be in person like a man and not over the internet. we can figure it out from there.

otherwise STFU

wyoming85 says:
    August 27, 2018 at 9:46 am
    Rob
    You seem to have an issue with me all the time?

_____________________________________________________

I remember you taking shots at me in the past and I just lumped you in with Steve and Rock,, if i’m wrong i apologize.

if i were sitting in a crowded room with one of you and people we know and you started insulting me in front of them……I’m sure that wouldn’t be kool.. people would think you were an asshole.

I doubt the trols here would do that in public, the fact that they are not in person on this blog gives them a looser tongue but it is the same thing.

i would never disparage someone in public, and I give everyone their due respect here as if i were face to face with them.

i’m just going to hold back my opinion so some can find another punch line.

50. 13kvFINS says:

Boy this is fun cough cough

So I watched for the millionth time “””12 monkeys””” last night,
    and couldn’t help but think of PIGGY above the 12 Monkeys entrance

Great movie !!!

Rockphin says:
    August 27, 2018 at 2:27 pm
    I have busted your balls about your inflexible hyperbolic OPINION
    _________________________________________________________

In other words you’re insulting me.

steveccnv says:
    August 26, 2018 at 8:53 pm
    This isn’t relavant, plays past 10 yards dont factor into rushing stats.
    Rockphin says:
    August 26, 2018 at 9:16 pm
    Snicker
    ___________________________________

Is this what you call busting my balls?

It seems to me You’re piling on with your troll buddy.

I’m done…fuck you

Orob… up to you bud. One poster on this board once made racial slurs about my lovely wife who you have met and really liked you. Pointed out and let it ride cause saw no other point to it in my life.

• ocalarob says:

sorry for the distraction, just thought i’d let some around here know what’s up so i won’t have to deal with it anymore, you and your wife are great people!

So got my first FF draft tonight on a 12 teamer…… any advice? They went a week earlier than usual and just starting to my research., but some of my thoughts so far.

First thought was go RB up top cause quality there but real thin after.
    WR can bunch after maybe a top one and just roll… not much separation and deep.
    TE it is Gronk (who won’t take) or Kelce and then who cares.
    QB’s are a dime a dozen…. might be like doing “pick a D” on the waiver wire.

• 13kvFINS says:

What # you pick at Stanger

12 is a pretty good number imo. I hate small leagues where everyone on every team is a stud. The thing you need to keep in mind is which player positions get thin the fastest, and due to RBC runningback is usually that position.

Also where you are picking is important. If you are picking in the front of the order vs the back vs the middle. In the front i might go ahead and take the best QB or RB because by the time it gets back to you, you are picking tier 2 players, maybe even tier 3.

If i am picking late in the first round, i might take a RB or WR, just depending on how the front of the round went, QB if all the top teir RB’s already are off and WR if most the top QB’s and RB’s are gone and then loop back around with your next pick and grab the best RB/WR/QB available.

I just try to make sure my 1st pick is a stud and not a 2nd tier guy. Obviously im not going to waste 1st pick on a K, Def or TE (Although i have seen teams be successful taking Gronk with their first pick).

There are obvious changes id make if it were a PPR league, or had some point balancing for or against certain position. Straight up league, straight up points, the above is how i would handle it.

Thanks D. You just walked me off the ledge on going K in the first…. you know how I am. 🙂

And s amazing how it is all a WR/RB game in FF these days. Pretty sure 3 of my top 4 will be one position or the other and then develop the other on the bench.

55. Phindog says:

Puppies make everyone happy !!

How many RBs do we usually keep? 3? Might we keep 4? Just wondering if Senorise Perry might make the team. He’s looked pretty good. Better than Ballage, but I know we’re not cutting him.

57. Jahndoh30 says:

Sorry for the throwback post but I had to let D know how entertained I was by this:
    “D says:
    August 24, 2018 at 2:21 pm
    Go a glock in my Truck, clack clack
    Got my dads head in a sack, sack
    Im at the funeral home makin caskets crack, crack
    because i’m wiggity wiggity wiggity wack, wack.”

ORob, I have never insulted you or told you to fuck off.

“maybe something we can discuss face to face when i see you in october.”
    Seemed like a threat to me. Either way I will be happy to “discuss” anything you want at the fest.

Never once have I insulted you or called you names.

hy·per·bo·le: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric

Not intended as an insult.

with that, until October, I will just ignore your posts and will not playfully interact with you. That was ever my only intent to tease back and forth.

13kvFINS says:
    August 27, 2018 at 3:00 pm

Wowww, OBJ 5years 95 mill

HA, HA (Uknowho), OBJ WINS!!!
    ———————————————
    Well they got his cap hit down some this year i bet. Probably only have 13mil to purge down now lol.

That’s an awful big chunk for OBJ, but he’s the cog in that offense that makes it go. Everyone else is ordinary, maybe with the exception of Barkley, but the two of them combined should be fun to watch

That was pretty strange – He said he realized it immediately, but he was afraid to run back across because both teams were lined up already, but then Harbaugh told him to go, so he did.

Jahndoh30 says:
    August 27, 2018 at 3:01 pm

“D says:
    August 24, 2018 at 2:21 pm
    Go a glock in my Truck, clack clack
    Got my dads head in a sack, sack
    Im at the funeral home makin caskets crack, crack
    because i’m wiggity wiggity wiggity wack, wack.”
    ——————————————–
    Lol thanks man, i posted it the other day and got crickets and was liek well i guess they just cant appreciate rap….racist honkey’s

August 27, 2018 at 3:34 pm

—————————————-
    What this says to me is 1 it was a way to get their cap down some this year and next year they will be moving on from Eli or asking him to take a major restructure. They cant afford Eli at his current pay and OBJ at that pay and keep the team together.

They kinda had to give him a big contract, so I’m not sure if I agree with that. If there intention from the get-go was to get rid of Eli, they should have drafted a QB at #2. Maybe next year, if they can get a QB either in the draft, or trade, or FA, but if not, they can’t just get rid of him.

At ADP 247 is our TE. On ESPN that is 24th best FF TE. Gotta think that should come with a bullet at least.
    ———————————-
    Miami filled its massive void at tight end by selecting Gesicki in the second round of the draft. The Penn State product is 6-foot-5, 247 pounds with 34 1/8-inch arms, and he absolutely dominated at the 2018 combine. He was best in nearly every drill, posting the top mark in the 40-yard dash, vertical, broad, three cone, short shuttle and 60-yard shuttle. Gesicki is obviously a good athlete and has solid hands (one drop the past two seasons), but he is a nonfactor as a blocker. He has some 2018 sleeper appeal in the same way Evan Engram did last season, but the more likely outcome is that he’s a situational target as he learns the ropes. Gesicki has TE1 upside down the road.

Rockphin says:
    August 27, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Not intended as an insult.

_________________________________________________________

you can minimize it all you want, It’s really not about how you perceive your mouth it’s how the ones that are affected by it perceive it.

when you interact at my expense with a troll who does nothing but attack me I take that as an insult.

let’s just get past this for the blogs sake, That’s right…don’t talk about me or to me anymore… that works just fine with me. who the hell wants to talk to someone like that anyway?

those that want respect must give respect

Hey folks, was off the grid again down the shore. I didn’t see the game but read the box score and some game summaries. It seems the 1’s on defense held up well and the offense still has some work to do. Any insight summaries you can give me on where you all think we stand at this time?

I just read that one LB spot is Baker’s to lose. That’s pretty cool!

• 13kvFINS says:

Knight,
      Great Goal line stands just before the half
      1st/Goal at the two, we had two D penalties (good penalties)
      with only half the distance to goal to lose,
      and we still forced them into a FG

Got the ball with like 40 seconds,
      THill drove’Em down field for FG,
      but actually shoulda had a TD TWICE
      but obvious PI’s weren’t called !!!

Goal Line Stance, and driving field for FG that shoulda been TD X 2,
      in under a minute was very impressive!!!

I figured we’d just go to the half,
      but THill immediately hit Drake with an absolute beauty 36 yards down the sideline which led to score/ 10 – 3 halftime lead!!!

Second half was BU QB’s, and mostly guys about to be cut,
      and they allowed a 65 yard run/TD that has ZERO BEARING on
      what the 1St/2ND team D did in very good first half!!!

GOFINS!!!

Steve 10-6
    M13 9-7
    Wyoming 8-8
    CavKong 9-7
    Rock 10-6
    Naples 13-6
    Manitoba 13-3
    stanger 8-8
    Bookman 10-6
    ER 16-0
    -Helton 19-0 (Had to one up ER!)
    Copy and paste and add your prediction

Tim, my impression from watching the game left me feeling flat. The box score as is typical didn’t tell the story. IMO both sides have a long way to go. I am hoping that the lack of polish was due to the coaches treating this as a padded practice and not a game because it just felt forced.

The offense struggled big time against Balt’s second team defense. Even though the Dolphins passer rating with Tannehill in there was 110+ and the average pass yards were 10.45 it was not smooth and seemed forced. The run game didn’t look good either. There were some big plays but Drake and the line were not consistent enough. The Line did give the QB’s some time back there which was nice, but again….it was against a lot of Balt’s second team.

There were a couple of standouts on defense IMO. Fitzpatrick was everywhere. TJ McDonald was having his named called (for good things) all night. The D held them to 3 in the first half but the real story is they only punted 3 times the entire game and we punted 6.

until 5:57 left in the first quarter we had negative offensive yardage…..-8 yards

Fumble / sack by Tannehill -7
    Gore getting blown up -2
    Gore powering it in there for 1 yard.

I havent been left excited or let down this preseason. There are some things i wish werent still happeneing, and there were things i think looks a decent bit better but neither the ups or downs of this pre-season have me feeling i have a better idea of how we will do this coming year. I mean that’s not uncommon to feel that way about the PS, but this year is even more so. Defense looked bad one game meh another and pretty good the next, and then offense has been kinda the same thing, different people looking good at different points.

One thing i know for sure is when we make our cuts we are going to be cutting some talented players. This is a good and bad thing for fans and for those players too. I cant say our starters are obviously better than what we had, but i definately think our backups (maybe aside from QB) are better than the depth we have had in the past. So i feel good that we can bounce back from injuries and we will have talent to rotate when we need to but our starters still have a lot to prove, especially at LB, CB,and TE. Im optimistic about all the young guys we have there, but they are young and mostly unproven, so time will tell.

Rock, how do you evaluate Drake on 4 carries and Gore on one? LOL

Thanks for the input but I’m not worried about this.

it was more the line than the RB’s some plays the defender was right there to take the handoff. (Gore getting stuffed once and Drake a second time, bam, handoff, tackle) You can only evaluate what was done. As I said, it was more a feel that they were struggling (well that and seeing Haack all game)

Okay so it was more OL concerns? That’s usually what it is and that’s the problem I have with ORob’s constant bashing of Drake – can’t run on 1st down or get some tough yards. All bogus points because defenders in the backfield are not on the RBs.

I agree with ORob on the importance of a running game, but not on his view of Drake. Drake has the talent to make special plays.

Tim — if you haven’t seen the game, then you missed the best part. D could be really good, or at least a whole lot better given just a half. Lots of fast and strong bodies flying around in different ways. Might end up with the “undersized” tag…. but nobody will be saying they are slow and won’t hit.

no they will not! they were flying around and everyone swarming the ball, which I loved. Defensive speed SEEMED much better except for the on that one long run play

we only ran the ball 11 times (taking out Tannehill’s one run) the entire game. and passed 33 times.

Okay so it was more OL concerns?

They were inconsistent. They played much better than you have grown to expect from Miami Olines but the two bad stuffs for negative yards were because the defender was already in the backfield. But like you pointed out, how can you evaluate them. They only TRIED to run 11 times in 4 quarters.

They did do pretty good in pass protection though so I guess it is still a ?

My take on the starting O was it was a tale of two quarters. 1st quarter we looked like the freshman squad with no experience going against the varsity. 2nd quarter we had two possessions and scored on both of them (we also had a carryover possession from the 1st quarter that I’m not counting). Our O looked good in the 2nd and both scoring drives featured a big play by Drake, and qulity play across the board. Our starters didn’t come out to play in the 3rd, so I basically stopped watching at that point (we got killed in the 2nd half for what it’s worth).

The starting defense is another story. They played fast, and got the job done. But the Ravens sat their starting QB, 3 of their starting receivers, a lineman or two, 6 of their cheerleaders, their starting AND backup clock operators, and their 1st team all-American water boy. Given that list, it’s a little harder to evaluate how good we were, but the fact is we held ‘em to 3 in the 1st half, and like 13 KV said, we had a great goalline stand towards the end of the half.

Not that it seems to be anything wrong with Sanders as our kicker i still cant understand why we didn’t draft Eddie Pinero.

so you think Sanders has won the competition? or are you just assuming because we used a draft pick on him and the other guy is a UDFA?

He seems to be doing the best of the two. I think it was his to lose and i dont see him having lost it.

• 13kvFINS says:

I wanted Eddie baddd, had him for us in the 5th on my mock…

Wonder why he didn’t get drafted,
      I had a huge crush on him and as. Cane.
      don’t usually like Gators whatsoever…

Must be a personality issue,
      Cuz he can kick like few others!!!

Its because he only had the one year at UF as their kicker, so i think that hurt him some and then there was the fact that TB had just screwed the pooch drafting a kicker, supposedly the most accurate in the NCAA ever, instead of just waiting and getting on as an UDFA. I think this devalued selecting a kicker in the draft, as it says even the better ones may or may not make it. Carlson out of Auburn was considered to be a really great kicker, best of the bunch last year and he had 2-3 years of experience. He didn’t go until late in the 5th. I saw him mocked as high as the 3rd.

• 13kvFINS says:

Yea that TB Latino screwed over his brethren K’s,

Hence Parkey, Carlson, Sanders, & Joseph LOL 😜

• 13kvFINS says:

Saw SeaBass Jankowski still kick’n for Raiders,
        He’s 250plus pounds and at least 40…

11 vs 10 on a missed FG return !!!

Tim, Note what down and distance Drake’s 30 yard scamper came on.

Miami Dolphins at 12:01
    1-10-MIA 25 (12:01) 32-K.Drake right guard pushed ob at BAL 45 for 30 yards (36-C.Clark).

I still think the PS even the 3rd game is practice. Coaches want to see what they need to see. The RS will tell the real story.

• 13kvFINS says:

Fersure Knight!!!

Opening drive 3rd quarter
      Fales had impressive drive into RZ,
      Gase went on 4 & 2 cuz he wanted practice more than points,

Reg season he takes the chip shot FG for two score lead!!!

Fales had a TD on that drive too, if not for non PI call!!!

BU QB’s were horrible after that, BU OL doesn’t appear to like Oz whatsoever, cuz he was swarmed upon receiving snap all night,
      did well to not lose his cool as he can, and Gase even pointed out that he’s come along way with his temperament…

He’s a first guy which I like, I was surprised that he simply ran off the field at full speed after being sacked on I think 3 consecutive plays in which he was left with zero time to not be sacked!!!

13kvFINS says:
    August 27, 2018 at 7:26 pm

Saw SeaBass Jankowski still kick’n for Raiders,
    He’s 250plus pounds and at least 40…

11 vs 10 on a missed FG return !!!
    ——————————————————–
    Seahawks i think. Raiders are likely going to start Pinero, though he has to keep his job over Nugent who they brought in for competition. They got UF’s punter (Townsend) as well so if Pinero does make it, then he has the holder he had in college. Townsend was the best punter in college last year.

82. Krishna says:

Kv’s mentioned it a few times. I really don’t get what PI is anymore. WTF?

• 13kvFINS says:

Yea WTF ??

They don’t call obvious PI’s against our receivers,

But they call REDICULOUS ST’s foul on gunner Rashawn Scott twice for two different types of penalties, (both being bogus) even if it were on the opposition I’d be screaming foul at the zebra’s!!!

Refs might be like media guys, worked so hard at some other craft in their lives that they never had time to watch, learn, or become passionate about football until it offered them a job opportunity…

Goofballs, learn the F’n game inside out before writing about or ref’n it (professionally)!!!

For the economic majors that became refs
      Call the obvious, leave everything else alone,
      You’ll make more $$$ per hour

83. 13kvFINS says:

Think our slow 1St quartet O had a little to do with 3 hour downpour before game

First O play was a screen play but ball squirted from 17 hand on windup for 2ND/15 plus

So that possession was wasted chasing the first link of chain

THill said no excuse, I know it’s raining, gotta be better, it’s on me as well as muffed snap from under C !!! 17 recovered both, but wasted plays keep us from
    First downs, let-alone TD’s

We’re bad on 3rd down (more times than not),
    Cuz for some crazy reason something goes wrong on 1St down,
    and we’re always chasing the initial LOS rather than a simple 10 yards,
    “”for another Miami first down”””

GOTTA PUT THAT IF IT AINT ONE THING ITS ANOTHER CYCLE TO REST!!!

GOFINS!!!

84. naplesfan2010 says:

It was a very good thing to happen in preseason to remind Ryan of what it is like to hold onto the ball in the rain, which happens in Miami a lot. Not much rain in West Texas.

85. Krishna says:

Gotta agree kv…one step back, makes the next two harder. Always playing from behind, rather than in attack mode.

Urgency, intention, focus from first play of game to last play. Otherwise, you’re just giving up opportunities.

Steve 10-6
    M13 9-7
    Wyoming 8-8
    CavKong 9-7
    Rock 10-6
    Naples 13-6
    Manitoba 13-3
    Stanger 8-8
    Drg 7-9
    Bookman 10-6
    ER 16-0
    Phelon 19-0 (Had to one up ER!)

Add your name to the count, then copy and paste

• ElephantRider says:

My Jags buddy is crossing his fingers for NO Dez Bryant…

OH! Good call… there is still a BIG fish out there name DEZ. Forget about my ensuing post about trading one of ours to the Jags.

Just thinking outside the box on this… but might we be able to trade one of our bubble-WRs to the Jags? Perhaps we keep one extra WR (after cuts) in order to make this happen? It’s a long-shot and I doubt it, but stranger things have happened…

sb7mvp says:
    August 27, 2018 at 10:31 am
    hey guys, Fest is coming up, and Tannehill is back. let’s all pass the kava.
    —————
    YES!!! My beloved KAVA!!! 😀

Why a roster bubble guy. We have 6 solid receivers and a couple of guys who could move up to 6th if we want to carry 6. Trade Parker pick up a 2nd pick next year and use that pick to replace him. Owusu is Parker light if we want a big body in the redzone. I’d like to think Parker pans out for us, but if he doesn’t and he gets a injured we might wind up paying top dollar for a guy who never stays healthy enough to get going

Amendola TD felt Dirty , and not in a good way.. gonna take some getting used to

BACK FROM LENGTHY BUSINESS TRIP. Someone (Rob??) posted that teams that go winless in preseason usually have good regular season records. —- WRONG!!!!!
    ————–
    Miami has had 3 winless preseasons. Their cumulative regular season record those years is 18-28 with NO winning seasons. Since 1970, New England is 22-40. And the Jets are 19-27 in such seasons. BUFFALO, with a record 8 winless preseasons, is also well below .500 cumulatively in those regular seasons.
    ————-
    Like Mike E., I also do NOT have an exact prediction for the upcoming season. But I am on record as saying Miami’s 17 year drought of NOT winning a single post season game will continue. And someone on this board will owe me $50 when the season is over. (But if I’m WRONG, I will happily pay him the $100 I wagered!)
    ————
    You folks have a great day. And keep drinking the KOOLAID.

• ocalarob says:

Good morning OD,
      i’m sure you can find examples to refute that statement.

i’ve been watching football since the early 60’s when i was a kid, i knew i could never play football because how the hell was i going to get my shoulders to grow that big?

i’m sure you have watched it longer than me however during my time of watching the NFL it has always been said that the good teams lose and the bad teams win.

that said it looks as if the 1st team offense leaves a lot to be desired but still it is pre season.

I had noticed Mike Martz on the sideline of the last game….the man who orchestrated the greatest show on turf.

I like the fact they got Gore and the rec corp…can the OL additions help?

if Gore can be our meat and potato’s i think that will help the D not to mention our new LBers and safety along with quinn/spencer.

another thing I love the fact that we have a 1:00pm game against the Titans to start the year, we once again have the heat factor, i believe that heat helped Shula and the fins to be the winningest team in Sept over the years.

I’m hoping for the best this year, another 6-10 Gase should go.

• ocalarob says:

we lost 27-10 to the Ravens however we beat them 10-0 with the first unit who didn’t play very well.

D,
    No way you get a 2nd round pick for Parker. Nobody on this offense is worth that high of a pick.

He’s a former first round guy with a skill set thats beyond most receiver, true elite ability, if he can ever stay healthy a 2nd for him would be a steal. For a WR needy team, like the Jags who are trying to capitalize off their first taste of success and a salary cap boon that is finally over, they are going to want to grab a guy who can help elevate them, and they are going to want a guy who they will have on the cheap for this year and the next, which he will be since he got his 5th year optioned BEFORE the WR contracts went nuts. I could see us getting a 2nd for him from the right partner and the Jags seem to be pretty desperate at this point.

If the Jags at least mirror last year, then that 2nd is a late second, practically a third so again i think its doable. The only real question to me is do you hold on to him for the same reasons the Jags might be willing to part with a second rounder for him?

Odds makers have us being the team that brings in Bridgewater before the trade deadline. There are no odds on having him before the end of PS, but they were making odds for having him before trade deadline and we were highest odds, followed by Jags, Pats, Broncos and then him remaining on the Jets.

96. BailBondMike says:

I would not mind a Parker trade either for a 2nd or 3rd. Without him we have Stills, Amendola, Wilson, Grant as top 4. Then we got Owosou, Carroo, ford. Like many on here have said, we don’t need a true #1 WR in this offense.

D,
    If we could bilk the Jags out of a 2nd, I’d be all over that. I just don’t see the value.

At pick 119 in my FF draft last night need to pick up my 4th wideout. Didn’t plan it at all by my two top choices are Parker and Stills. Went with Parker cause of the upside. So yeah see some value in his potential at least.

99. BailBondMike says:

SB7, I just said Derby cause he is a bigger receiving threat.

Have they used Gesicki in the slot in these PS games? Makes it a little easier to get off the line.

Parker definitely still has upside. I think it’s still possible he blossoms, but his window is closing.

Parker isn’t bad, just hasn’t lived up to first round status. Catches about 59% of the balls thrown his way. Who knows if he’ll ever play to his talent consistently.

OD – I will happily use you $100 to buy the mob beer.

Kenyan Drake is averaging 6.4 yards per carry this preseason. That’s an improvement over his 4.8 yards per carry last season. And, yes, it’s the preseason so defenses aren’t game-planning to stop Drake.

But neither are the Dolphins game-planning to spring Drake.

That offense that has seemed maybe uninspiring and vanilla this preseason has a package ready to go for receiver Albert Wilson that we’ve not yet seen in a game.

I’m told Gase has extensive plans for rookie tight end Mike Gesicki which neither you nor any NFL defensive coordinator will see until the regular season.

And there’s going to be more to Drake out of the backfield this year that we also haven’t seen previously.

This stuff matters. It adds context to this team and its preseason.

I’m not saying the Dolphins you’ll see Sept. 9 and for 16 regular season games are going to be a steamroller methodically crushing opponents week to week.

But an undisciplined team that cannot line up and run a play because of pre-snap penalties? The worst team in the NFL as ESPN’s most recent power ranking would have you believe? A disaster movie about to start?

Lazy opinions lacking context and facts.

BBM,
    Gase doesn’t use Gray to his full potential. I think he’s better than Derby and provides a better dual threat in the passing and blocking.

Back up down.

@SSMiamiDolphins
    Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Ted Larsen suffers knee injury http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-ted-larsen-20180828-story.html

sb7mvp says:
    August 28, 2018 at 1:37 pm

BBM,
    —————————————————-
    I agree, mostly. I think Gray is a more dynamic offensive weapon, but he more of a Charles Clay type player, you try to find mismatches with him and you dont try using him in a traditional way. Derby is more of a pure move TE and doesnt have a ton of upside as a blocker or the versatility you get with Gray. Now as far as what Gase needs for his offense, i dont know, he might would rather have a Derby than a Gray, but i do agree that Gray is a much more potent offensive weapon than we have seen him used as.

Larsen = Cursed

Stanger – IMO, Stills is the much more draftable WR. I couldn’t rely on Parker to give even WR3 type numbers, unless of course he finally gets his shit together, and stays completely healthy, because a hangnail might hamper his catching ability.

Depends on the situation. Best laid plans of mice and me thinking grab RBs, but ended up with three strong wideouts to play each week absent injury. So large part was which one on your bench could really break out. If was looking for a “who can you play in the flex” guy would have gone Stills.

Was Stills still available at that pick?

Yep. Went 2 picks after. But we are talking 9th/10th round here when everyone goes off the computer rankings.

Stanger – Yeah man, I mean at that pick, it’s no big deal either way. You just start grabbing depth players that hopefully if you need them, you can put in for a week or so, and not get killed

OK, maybe not cursed then

We’ve been really lucky with injuries this preseason, and the starters should be sitting for all or next to all of PSG4 so we should have a full complement going into RSG1. It’s been a great preseason in that regard. Woohoo!

Go Dolphins!

Yeah I doubt significant starters will play at all especially vets. This is a game where bubble guys get a last chance to prove themselves whether to make the 53 or PS.

Brendels injury might be worse than his then. Brendel has been out most the PS.

The fact that they have already stated they will have some cuts on Friday im sure there are people that they already are done and this last game is just to showcase for another team or so that the Dolphins invest a PS spot on them. I wonder how many will get cut Friday vs Saturday, ie i wonder how many that are really on the fence about. I have a bunch of them im really thinking deserve a shot that likely wind up being cut, so for me Saturday would have quite a few people left and quite a few people id being having to make a hard decision on.

I think Malveaux will make the team. He always seems to flash and makes some plays.

He will definitely be one of the ones that we wont find out for sure until Saturday. I think he has earned a spot but he is also competing with Langford and i think Pittman for that last spot in the DT/DE group.

I’m really curious to see if we keep 6 WR’s, and who the 6th is (Owusu, Ford or Carroo), and whether we keep 4 TE’s, I think 3 should be Gesicki, Smythe and Gray, and then maybe Derby.

D, I could see us keeping 10 DL.

Baker has passed Anthony at SOLB and it seems as if Allen has passed him on the depth chart as well being he plays all three positions.

August 28, 2018 at 4:51 pm

————————————-
    I think probably 6 WR’s and 4 TE’s. If we go Tempo we are going to need that many WR’s and TE’s. I think 6th WR is Ford, Owusu maybe if Parker is going to go on short term IR.

Could be D, but with all the rotating they want to do on the DL, Tim might be right about 10 DL, so we have to cut down somewhere.

I also think Perry will make the team. He’s looked good in the PS and he can play STs.

“It’s difficult for the defense because, when you have a tight end and a running back that are threats outside, now the defense, if they want to play any kind of man coverage, they have to decide who they want to put on those players. There’s going to be a linebacker on one and a safety on the other. Drake on a linebacker, I like that matchup. If they want to put a linebacker on Gesicki, I like that matchup. It just puts the defense in a bind and you start seeing less Cover 1 because they don’t want to get that matchup. Now you get a lot of zone which is softer coverage, which makes it better for our receivers.”

Gase on the value of having Drake able to do deep routes, and also seems yeah Gesecki in there on longer pass situations is a given.

How has Smythe looked? I only saw the first PS game and didn’t really notice him.

He has looked pretty solid. I dont remember anything spectacular, but i think he has done a good job blocking and i know of at least a couple of plays he got open on. I think he is a better receiver than anyone is giving him credit for so i hope they try to utilize him that way instead of just sticking the blocking TE label on him.

He might be one of those TEs who’s not a big time receiver but when the opponent forgets about him he can sneak out and help move the chains. Hopefully he’ll become a solid prototype TE.

At LB im thinking 6 LB and i think its Alonzo, Baker, McMillan, Allen, Poling and Garvin, though id really like to see Collins make it. Anthony could make it over Garvin i guess but Garvin is supposed to be a ST ace, so i dunno.

August 28, 2018 at 5:20 pm

————————————————————————-
    QB 2, RB 4, TE 4, WR 6, OL 9 = 25
    DL 10, LB 6, DB, 9 = 25
    ST 3

If i were going to go 10 DL this would be how i broke it down. Flip flop the DB and DL numbers if you think you need more there.

You have to also consider we have some hybrid players like our DE’s who will also line up at DT. We also have CB’s who line up at NCB and S, so we dont have to have the number of player you would think to cover the positions because we can mix and match.

I think we probably start the year out with Lippett on IR, maybe Larsen too.Have to see how bad Larsen’s situation is but putting him on IR might give them a chance to carry another player and make sure he is fully healed before coming back, same with Lippett.

Im not so sure we shouldn’t think about adding a player to be out backup QB. I heard someone mention Chase Daniels recently, and another person im hearing might be cut loose is Matt Schaub, who as a backup is pretty solid i think. Tons of experience, solid but not spectacular play. He probably gets you through a 2-3 game stretch without losing a ton of momentum.

Jerome Baker recently said I’m 225 not 215 which I haven’t been for awhile but for some reason people keep saying he’s 215. A 6-1 225 LB is not that rare. There are quite a few LBs that size in the league who can run and cover ground. It’s about making plays. If he can do that, so be it.

Thats pretty much what Deon Jones is. If he has good core strength then the 225 isn’t going to cost him against linemen or bringing down running backs, unless his technique is just shit.

So far he seems to be a guy who can sift through the muddle and get guys down. He’ll get swallowed up at times but so do a lot of guys bigger than him. Having his speed on the field can help cut down on big plays because he can track those guys down from behind and prevent a score even after a big gain. Live to have another stance and keep them out of the endzone. When you’re too slow on defense, you get beat for big plays too often.

I definitely think Anthony is in danger of being cut, I’ve been saying that for a few weeks.

130. naplesfan2010 says:

Minkah has given up 14 yds on 7 targets? That’s HoF status right there.

131. naplesfan2010 says:

With the new kickoff rules accenting speed and maneuverability over bulk, with Anthony not able to learn anything, and with Minkah and Bobby Mc able to play corner and safety, I return to TJ playing a hybrid S/LB … ok Gae we won’t call him that but in dime pkgs, he’s in the game.

That might be how we keep only 4 LB, 5 at the most. Kiko, Raekwon, Baker, and Allen. I’d rather have more DEs as fresh pass rushers and S+DTs as fresh interior pressure/runstuffers.

TJ and Reshad are both heavy hitters with ball skills and the speed to cover RBs and TEs.

Not that that is how it will turn out, but it’s a thought. What good is a slow LB?

133. 13kvFINS says:

Tried posting link to Patrick’s piece at Shout but it didn’t post

Try again…

GoodStuff!!!!

GOFINS!!!

As a yearly ritual, it’s nearly impossible to fathom that 1,184 players are going to be without an NFL job in a week.

Now granted, a very few (up to 320 of them) will remain on practice squads. It’s just the heartbreaking reality of this BIZ… for those who have worked SO very hard to get to this level to begin with.

Anybody have their eyes on potential cuts from other teams?

• naplesfan2010 says:

When the cuts come, I’ll be looking at rock-solid back-up QBs like McCown or Fitzpatrick and thumper back-up LBs. It’s the only two positions where we are in need of an influx of outside talent.

Or maybe a QB like Driskel or Kelly, young and cheap with huge upside play-making potential. I still like that Griffin QB from Tampa Bay.

Anybody considering RG3 himself? Now that would be interesting.

I’d take Kelly over what we have now!

I absolutely cannot disagree with ya, especially on the backup QB position. But as we heard yesterday, Adam Gase stated that our backup QB is already on our roster.

My ‘wish-list’ is comprised of only one thing: find a BIG-BODY/ANCHOR to spell Jordan Phillips. Everybody else on our D-Line is 305-ish (is that a coincidence? LOL).

136. 13kvFINS says:

So Larsen injury not serious afterall???

Our fortune must be of some new batch…

Hull injury looked like he be done, (NOT) though potential 8 game IR

Lippett, RMc, THill no setbacks &

Parker only broke a finger,
    So at least he’s not hindered to leg issues for the first time,
    and I’d imagine that he’s been Doin a ton of running,

Should be good to go,

Can’t wait till Saturday’s initial Roster Results,
    and who/what becomes available via the league

GOFINS!!!

137. 13kvFINS says:

“”””AWWW-RIGHT””” Jeremy Bergman

“”””Color me numb. The sun rose? Swell. Yeah, New England will win another division title, but it will feel like a swan song. The revolution is coming and its names are Kenyan Drake, Albert Wilson and Minkah Fitzpatrick. While the Patriots will win the East with a fine 11-5 record, Miami will sweep the Pats, building upon last December’s Monday night beatdown, and surprise the league by stealing the second wild-card spot from the media darlings in Houston. “”””

GOFINS!!!

• ocalarob says:

The Pats will not win the east, they suck, they have no speed at WR and little munchkins for RBs, their best rec is suspended.

GO PHINS

138. ElephantRider says:

Fitzpatrick is gonna be a stud

Tony Lippett while leading Miami in picks in 2016 may not make the 53, Asiata and Caroo are in jeopardy as well

I think Ford may be the surprise this year to make the 53 due to his speed which Gase covets.

I think he makes it too, and for the same reasons your saying, he is a speedy slot receiver with outside speed. He can line up in any of the positions and he runs good routes. He’s Albert Wilson pretty much, and definately the type of receiver i think Gase wants lined up at each of the spots. I am really starting to think Gase doesnt need a big bodied guy like Parker, i mean its a nice luxury to have a dominant outside alpha, but i dont think this system needs one.

Rob – How is Rex Burkhead (5’10 215) or Sony Michel (5’11 215) a munchkin?

142. ElephantRider says:

I think Asiata makes it. Thought he played well, especially run blocking

im 99% sure he makes it. He’s this regime’s draft pick, he is only in his second year and he has been improving. I dont know if he makes the starting lineup this year without there is an injury or something like that, but i dont see them cutting him.

August 28, 2018 at 6:56 pm

——————————————-
    I thought i remember Robert Ayers being a beast, am i thinking of a different guy? The way the article reads is he is just a guy.

NEW BLOG UP!

mf13ss says:
    August 28, 2018 at 10:10 pm

————————————————–
    There are 4 bonafide studs. Ed Oliver, Raekwon Davis, Derrick Brown, Jeffery Simmons (probable the most underrated of the bunch even as a top 15 prospect). Watch Mississippi States DL this year they should be pretty impressive with one of the best DE’s coming out next year and best DT’s next to him.