What Hulk Think. You Better Agree or Hulk Get Angry

hulk-computer (1)

Well the regular season is about to start and Hulk have a few thoughts on what to expect. Here is what Hulk thinking about the 2018 season:

Kenyan Drake is ready to break out into an every down stud back. Frank Gore will be irrelevant and have less than 65 carries. Hulk now ducks when O Rob reads this.

The Miami Dolphins will be drafting a receiver in the first round of the 2019 draft.

Between Wake, Quinn and Harris alone the Dolphins will surpass last season’s total of 32 sacks.

The Dolphins defense will still not be able to stop the run.

Minkah Fitzpatrick will be NFL defensive rookie of the year.

Ryan Tannehill will complete 65% of his passes with over 4000 yards and a 2-1 TD to interception ratio and still will be blamed for whatever failures this team has.

If you disagree with me Hulk Smash.

432 Responses to What Hulk Think. You Better Agree or Hulk Get Angry

2-1 td to int ratio isn’t good.

2 passing TDs, one rushing, and 1-2 FPs per game.

Ken,

I love all those predictions but it will be hard for Gesicki to get the majority of receptions over Amendola (who I think will be the blanket this year). It would be nice since he’s a fantastic red zone target and that means Tannehill up those TDs significantly? I think Tannehill will probably be 26-13 TD/Int ratio this year but hoping for him to break the 30 TD barrier. I also think Gore will have closer to 100 carries because Gase is so stubborn and won’t let Drake carry the load like he can. Good stuff.

Yeah I think it was concussions with Swanson. We showed interest in him during FA.

6. 13kvFINS says:

Gase on “””Teams Identity”””

Falk from Titans week 1
    Swanson from stej week 2 opponent

Good stuff Hulk.
    Like Steve I’m looking for better than 2-1 from Tannehill. 30/10 is a nice round 3:1.

I like our D, if we can jump on teams the run D may not be so worrisome. Playing with a lead, imagine that.

“Mike Gesicki will become Ryan Tannehill’s new Brian Hartline/Jarvis Landry security blanket and lead the team in receptions.”….What’s up with that Hulk? No way in receptions but he very well could lead the team in TDs.

But then after saying that means am probably gonna get smashed. 🙂

I like the Minkah prediction

But I wonder if could possibly have the DPOY on our team between Wake and Quinn?

Quinn looks really good going in.

I believe NE starts the season with two losses. Biplanes are starting Jethro Clampett, a rookie, and the Jill’s are starting someone. I think Miami rolls into week 3 with a 2-game lead in the AFC-E and into week 6 undefeated.

September 3, 2018 at 3:22 pm (Edit)
    And Parker too if he ever gets going.
    —————-
    LMAO. Mrs Parker ain’t ever going to get going

MZ (to you) Parker is a proud to be sitting on the Team Stanger bench in FF. I’ve seen how bad she looks in sweets in class, but on couple nights saw how good she looks when is dressed up and puts her height, wingspan and desire to work.

13. 13kvFINS says:

RIP MS ARETHA, “””R E S P E C T””” !!!

14. naplesfan2010 says:

30 TDs is a lot to ask of Ryan. Last year, only Brady threw 30 or more in the whole AFC.
    He threw 32. Ben was second with 29 and he had Brown.

Only 4 teams had a 2:1 ratio or better. of TDs to INTs. Chargers, Patriots, Bengals, and Chiefs.

15. naplesfan2010 says:

The benchmarks for excellence for a QB season are a 2:1 ratio of attempts to completions, 10 yds per completion or 7 yds per throw, a 2:1 TDs to INTs, and 225 yds per game.

If a QB hits all 4 of those marks, he is elite and top 10 in the league just about every year.

Early look at a possible 1st round wr

Sorry Piggy but our first pick is going to be big and ugly!

If Ryan is poised to have that break out year, we’re all ready to see, then 30 TD’s isn’t too unreasonable at all. If we get the same Ryan we’ve been getting then we’re screwed, it hasn’t worked yet.
    Break out year means big numbers and big results.

Ryan threw 27 TDS a few years ago so 30 isn’t a crazy number. 30/12 would be nice. We need more than 4 rushing TDs though. Let’s get to at least 12 this year.😀

20. ElephantRider says:

The team needs to be poised for a break out year. How about some complimentary football this year.

Quiz of the Day

No fair if you already know or search, but who is the face of Nike’s 30th anniversary of the “Just Do It” campaign?

22. naplesfan2010 says:

The Dolphins continued tweaking their 53-man roster Monday when they signed fifth-year center Travis Swanson, re-signed tackle Sam Young and waived safety Maurice Smith.

I just looked it up Stanger, strange choice to say the least.
    Instead of Just do it I’ll just ignore it

September 3, 2018 at 5:52 pm
    Blew my mind (and yeah am giving a hint as I say why) — so non-corporate PC and such a dive into political. Guessing rednecks will be going Adidas. 🙂
    ———————————————–
    Rednecks don’t wear Tenni runners! 😉

I thought Mo Smith had a good camp so that surprised me that he got cut.

26. ElephantRider says:

Well what’s the answer!

27. naplesfan2010 says:

Why did they bring back Young before game 1?
    His money’s guaranteed if he is still with us then.
    Or why bother cutting him yesterday?
    Were we just confused? smh

Wait didn’t McEvoy play safety also? j/k

It is kind of weird.

I guess Minkah and Aikens are the backup safeties. Not sure how the Young contract works though. He seems to be on board with the process.

Stanger – Kaepernick?

29. naplesfan2010 says:

back to Tannehill’s goals this season. 30-35 attempts incl 20-25 completions to
    Gesicki 4
    Stills 3
    Amendola 4
    Wilson 3
    Parker 3
    other TEs & RBs 2
    Drake 3
    Grant 2

If we do that, no defense can stop our passing attack.

30. naplesfan2010 says:

rushing attack to complement above
    30 carries
    Drake 16
    Gore 8
    Ballage 4
    Tannehill 2

Again, we are unstoppable if we do that.

31. naplesfan2010 says:

Additionally though, we need to win the TO battle and have fewer penalty yards than our opponents.

If we score more points than our opponents, we’ll win every time

Sounds good when you say it fast. But 17 is stuck on 17.

• naplesfan2010 says:

son I know what you mean but cutler was in charge of the 17 ppg season because of too few rushing TDs.

Tannehill’s last year we averaged 22 ppg…. still low but closer to what we need

33. naplesfan2010 says:

back to what Tim says about options … we surely know what each receiver’s “best” route is. Either his favorite or the one he has the best chemistry with Ryan on.

Use those in the right down and distance scenario and we will march right down the field.

This is the bellicheat strategy. This is why he can make Birkhead or woodhead or Dion Lewis look so good out of the backfield and hogan look like he is always open, etc.

34. ElephantRider says:

Lol @ Nike…

Nike doesn’t make work boots! So they should be good! 😉

Hulk only wear New Balance

I only wear fuck me pumps. lol

Rock – I just took Dallas Goedert in my FF draft

welcome back Hulk.

GREAT STUFF,HULK!!!!!
    ————————-
    HERE’S what we need most in 2018.
    1) STOP the run. Hulk’s prediction that we will NOT be able to do this is ominous.
    2) STOP GARSE’S propensity for 3-yard passes on 3rd and 7!!–OOOPS, forgot that JARVIS LANDRY actually called all those short passes!!
    3) ONE more good running back. Tim and BOOKMAN are going to eat crow by THE TON when 2 of Miami’s running backs are injured by game 12.
    4) A NEW OWNER who knows how to build a winning franchise.

Nice write up Hulk!
    2-1 TD/Int ratio should be the floor IMO. The best QB’s are closer to 3-1 when they are hot.

Mike E, who is Dallas Goedert?

I think Mike E has two different things confused. This is a FU Pump

Hulk – great to see you back at the writers desk! I’m hoping Tanny can give us just shy of a 3:1 TD/INT ratio. Hoping for 30 TD and 12 INT. As far as Gesicki is concerned, I hope you’re right, but not sure that happens this year, but maybe next

Hulk no crazy about our WRs. Hulk think Gisecki become bigger part of offense as season goes on. That why Hulk draft him early in FFL

Honestly, I think Gesicki should be a big part of the passing game, but I also think you’re underestimating our WR’s.

It’s starting already…. but you knew it would. And main reason it pissed me off is just want politics out of my football. Reason it shocked me was assumed Nike would not want politics in it’s business.

They were trying to keep Howell, OD. They were hoping he would pass through claims and they could re-sign him to PS. He got an offer to be on a teams 53, and he chose to take it (which of course i dont blame him).

I like the guy too, but we didnt have the need to have 5 RB’s on our roster. If we have injuries that make us need to pick up another RB to add, then we will find one and it could be a better player than Howell. It also might be worse, but this is what you do at ever position on the team.

I do kind of question keeping Fales and Osweiler, but even if we carried 2 QB’s and had that one spot left, i wouldn’t have brought a 5th RB, and i dont believe they would have either. DL and DB’s are generally where you carry the most players. I would have kept Maurice Smith over Howell, and not because i thought Howell wasn’t as good, but because that position dictates we need a heavier group of players to make it through a season than RB does. They initially had 7 OL too, which i thought was very light, so if not another DB, again, i would have taken another OL over keeping Howell.

Being serious with ourselves, we cant keep everyone, and there are plenty of times i have a player i think that i really think should make the 53, but most the ones cut aren’t destined for HOF careers. I mean yeah it could turn out that way but when you are talking about trimming the bottom of the 53, you are going to cut guys who might wind up elsewhere that have the potential to go on and do good things. Thats Howell this year, and it will be someone else next year and so on.

I doubt very seriously you ever see us carry more than 4 RB’s on our final 53, unfortunately Howell was 5th on a 4 slot position group. I hope he loops back around to us, but i also hope the guy goes on to have a good career anywhere that he goes, and unfortunately that might be with another team.

IMO corporation have as much right to get into political discussions as any other entity. There is more consequence to their decision to do that though than a lot of them are taking into consideration. Everything that a company does is with regards to their public image, and backing one side vs another is to gain favor with a certain demographic. To see altruism in any businesses decision is folly, because they exist with one ultimate purpose to make money. Nike decided they felt like they could further thier brand by appealing to the supporters of Kaepernick, and i think it was a very bad decision on their part. I can bet that there will be some retraction at some point but it could be the damage is done. This is one reason i do like capitalism, its a self regulating system, and there is no need for governmental assistance in straightening out the wrong or right of a business actions. The voice of thepublic is going to be heard in thsi system and im afraid that Nike has wagered wrong when making this, what essentially was a gamble of a decision.

The only negative thing i can say about corporations making these kinds of decisions is that the people who suffer are many time not the ones that made that decision. If NIKE lays off people because sales drop, they arent laying off the people that made the decision. So i empathize for the workers that are going to suffer the backlash.

What strange about this one was that it wasn’t an “Oh we got in trouble cause of that” when a spokesperson gets in trouble or a message goes wrong. This was 100% intentional.

At the same time, that means this was vetted out like anything back at Nike HQ. And they know who buys their stuff. And Trump voters tend older, rural, and white. Do have to think at least that the Millennials must be a powerhouse on sneaker buys. Know I’m good for sneakers every five years now rather than in each one like before.

So one of those places where tell myself don’t know enough to say it wasn’t a smart business move.

I was going to pile into the Nike conversation!

But honestly I couldn’t give a shit less!!!!!

I am sure Nike has done their research and the data by targeting the Kaepernick supporters than with a less controversial figure

Nike to me is one of the most across the board groups. Its almost am “american” brand in terms of its brand recognition, like coke, like AT&T. I think the impact to their brand, which strengthening in some area will be offset by boycott from other groups that are strong in their market. I dont think it was a wise move, i liken it to the Target no sex bathrooms which had a pretty quick backlash and reversal. Maybe not quite that stong of a backlash but there is going to be a significant one.

51. 13kvFINS says:

Rock

Is that Mr Rogers ??

Is he playing This Little Piggy ??

Damn Travis Swanson was here for less time than it would take to get a lunch tray and smash it on the floor.

He probably got concussed signing his contract

Branden Bolden is a good sign, as much as i was hoping Swanson would stick. Its possible he failed a medical when he got here too.

Brandon Bolden over SUPREME MEGA GAMECHANGEER BUDDY HOWELL? ROSS will RUE the DAY he…ah forget it.

I wonder if Perry is possibly going to be release and tried to put on the PS (i think he has one more year eligibility) Bolden is a ST’er and a better option at RB than Perry.

Hulk,
    Are you a free agent and can you play guard? You can smash many opposing players. Will you work for green eggs and ham?

I think he is trying to cut green out of his diet, too much of it and well…. you see the results.Also in this wussified NFL Hulk smash puny DT’s and Dolphins get 15 yard penalty and Hulk kicked out of game. Waste of guaranteed money.

D says:
    September 4, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Looks like they didnt cut Petty, they put him on IR. I must have missed that in the noise of who got cut and who got signed.

59. Jahndoh30 says:

Nike made a pro 1st amendment statement. I also support players freedom of speech. I don’t think it’s divisive at all, it’s inclusive. This country has many cultures. It’s important to remember that your culture can be very different then anothers’ and that it’s ok to have those differences. It’s when we no longer tolerate differences we spiral into a bigoted, misogynistic, isolationist, us vs them mentality.

I also would like to see politics out of football Stanger, and if that’s your biggest beef you should be pissed that the president tweets about it every couple of weeks. Politics IS in sports however, it’s always been, and it always will be. Why? Because sports is about people, and people have god-given rights protected by the very foundation of our democracy: The constitution.

All done I promise, I just didn’t want this place to become an echo chamber on that issue without anyone offering a dissenting opinion.

• Krishna says:

Thanks for sharing my thoughts, too. I didn’t see it as political either.

How many of us would sacrifice our jobs to stand against social and racial injustice?

Cheers.

60. Jahndoh30 says:

Back to scheduled football talk:

Nice to see the HULK back! Giesecki call is a big time one, but I’m in a keeper FF league and I’m going to grab him off the WW just in case he blows up.

I think Amendola will be the security blanket, however, your concerns for his injury-prone-ness are duly noted.

Like I said last night.
    Nike doesn’t make work boots, so it won’t matter!

—————-
    THAT’S AWESOME!!!

And this is just F’N HILARIOUS!!! NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!

Just came back from the Nike Store and I’m exhausted!

Couldn’t pass up the chance to use my Soros subsidy check in one shopping stint. The best way to spend your protesting dollars!

Anyway, I hear there are some other nfl stories coming up? Do you guys think there might be some football news this week. I feel like there is a game or two coming up.

I would hate to have to counter all the conservative posts with Antifa pamphlets…but if there is nothing else going on…

The day Buddy Howell was released was the Day the Football Died

I have a lot of Nike stuff, and I will probably continue to buy it, but it won’t be because they now have the Kaepersniffer on their payroll. If I like something I get it, don’t really care about brands in some cases.

Boycotting brands tends not to work to achieve the purpose

But it really depends, I tend not to react to it. I don’t get some of it

People don’t use Uber bc they don’t think they treat their drivers right and that leaves me wondering what they think the effect of that is. That doesn’t seem smart

I do think you associate things with a brand so if they do something you really don’t like – I think people naturally stay away. But organizing a boycott is kind of…I don’t really get it…let the info out there and let people decide if they want to buy their products and leave it at that

Piggy – How much is your subsidy check? Just curious, wanted to know if my check from Putin was more or less

Does Kaepernike give you extra credits if you buy there?

I can’t believe we’re still talking about Kap.

My guess is Swanson failed his physical or wasn’t impressive in his workout.

September 4, 2018 at 1:55 pm
    Boycotting brands tends not to work to achieve the purpose
    _______________________________________________________

Choosing a side is not good business, i’m sure there are tons of people out there who will never buy Nike again. it’s all over FaceBook, they lost a lot of money in their assoc with Kaperkneel.

—————————————-
    I dont have a problem with Nike and what they are doing, i just think its a poor choice on their part. Im in firm belief that capitalism self regulates so do what you want to, but beware the consequence.

I also think its completely in a consumers rights to support or not support a company for whatever reasons they see fit, so again, Nike is within their right and people who boycott are in their right, beauty of this country and its freedoms.

Politics do not have to be in sports just because people are part of it, it just cant be kept out of it. As a form of entertainment the political views of those involved in the production aren’t necessary to the narrative. That said, its folly to try to force it out because the rights of the people involved to have those beliefs are protected. The smartest move they could make is to simply not televise the anthem, that’s both within their rights and it doesn’t interfere with the rights of the protesters to protest.

I do agree with you that i find it embarrassing that our President tweets about it so incessantly. I find it embarrassing he got involved in the first place and i believe it was outside the scope of his responsibility have been involved. All he did was be divisive and stoke the fires of an already inflamed subject.

September 4, 2018 at 2:30 pm

My guess is Swanson failed his physical or wasn’t impressive in his workout.
    ———————————-
    Walking Dead Blood Orange IPA please sir.

ocalarob says:
    September 4, 2018 at 3:04 pm
    They can have it
    ————-
    Just a fair warning, my good friend. And by the way… THANK YOU for your warning to me about smoking! I’m going to make a change, my man.

D, I don’t see Petty on the IR, just Brendel and Hull.

79. Jahndoh30 says:

Berlin 1936
    Mexico City 1968
    Munich 1972
    Moscow 1980
    Los Angeles 1984
    Oh hell every Olympics since ever. I have a friend who swam the open water event in the 2008 Beijing Games. His family was taken in for questioning by the Chinese Secret Service because someone else staying in their building had held a “free tibet” sign at the opening ceremonies. His entire family missed his event. He finished in 4th. Mark Warkentin if anyone wants to look him up.

I stand by: Sports+Politics will always be mixed.

• Jahndoh30 says:

I typed that before finishing reading your post Ken. I guess you can argue they don’t “have to be” linked, but we agree, they always will.

“Nike made a pro 1st amendment statement. I also support players freedom of speech. I don’t think it’s divisive at all, it’s inclusive.”
    _———————-_——————_——
    Firstly, I doubt that Nike had the 1st amendment in mind when they made the decision. It was all about market. Secondly, that it is divisive is not an opinion. It has created calls for boycotts and two sides, the definition of divisive..

That’s how I see it. I don’t really care in the big scheme of things though being that I don’t really buy any Nike stuff anyway.

• Jahndoh30 says:

Having any opinion is divisive by that definition. Any opinion that has a counterpart anyway.

Jahn, meaning Nike knew they would create a shit storm and now they have it. Why would you want to lose customers by doing this? Companies fire people for saying stupid shit so not to lose customers. Hey if Nike doesn’t care, that’s their right. I just think it was dumb. But it’s not like it’s illegal or anything.

I agree with ORob. Kaepernick sacrificed nothing. He already made his money, was washing out, then quit to become an attention whore. Tilman walked away from a mega contract, joined the army during a time of war and gave his life. That is sacrifice..

And given Nike’s labor practices, them showing a “social conscience” by using someone who hates America as their face is ludicrous.

And by hates America I don’t mean kneeling during the anthem. That’s just shock jock attention seeking. I mean his other actions like praising Castro and bad mouthing the country while in Africa.

I bless the rains down in Africa.

September 4, 2018 at 1:46 pm

The day Buddy Howell was released was the Day the Football Died
    —————————————————–
    A short short time ago
    I can still remember how
    Buddy Howell used to make me smile
    And I knew if I had my dream
    That i would have hm make the team.
    And maybe OD’d be happy for a while
    With every cut that they’d deliver
    Buddy’s fate became much clearer
    Bad news in the next tweet
    Buddy Howell we did not keep
    I imagined then how OD cried
    When he learned his dream was belied
    And part of me too empathized
    The Buddy Howell dream has died.

So
    Bye, bye this here Buddy Howell guy
    From FAU to the Dolphins and now to KC he must fly
    Fales wiped the sweat off his brown, and wished Buddy a goodbye
    Singin’ you sure gave it a good try.
    Im glad ill always be a Gase guy.

86. Jahndoh30 says:

Y’all who keep bringing up Tillman seem to have forgotten that his widow issued a very strong statement supporting these players’ first ammendment rights, going as far as to say those rights are what her husband gave his life for.

• Jahndoh30 says:

^That’ll be all I’ll say. Definitely not trying to start a scene. Like I said before, just wanted to interject a different take into the echo chamber.

Think the best thing they can do is not show the anthem any more. And oddly enough they did not do so before the kneelers came into play. Was hoping the whole thing would die gasping without air, but Nike saw an opportunity. And yes get that Trump is helping it along. And I’m a conservative who voted for Hillary as held my nose if that helps….. mainly cause he worried me.

Tillman’s widow isn’t Tillman.

Disrespecting the country is not new and they are free to do so. Stupid thing to do if you are trying to win support and build unity, but as Forrest said, stupid is as stupid does. But then, they’re not trying to unify. They are trying to justify criminal behavior in their community.

• pheloniusphish says:

And no scene. We’re just exchanging viewpoints civilly.

I get the sense his family doesn’t like his name being used politically or commercially for that matter

I doubt the estate would give anyone the go to use his name

I agree with jahn – it doesn’t make much sense to bring Tillman into this. I doubt it was ever an option.

Besides why does agreat deed (by Tillman) mean everything is judged by that standard

• pheloniusphish says:

Not sure what that last sentence means. The
        Piggish didn’t translate..

Tillman (and others) have been brought up because of the tag line about sacrificing everything. Kaepernick sacrificed nothing, guys like Tillman everything.

• pheloniusphish says:

And I’m sure his family doesn’t like seeing him turned into a meme.

Kapenerkicknis pretty much out of the league bc of his stand

I will think that’s quite a sacrifice

I edited the last sentence for you so it is clear

If we all judges each other by tillmans sacrifice, i wouldn’t think much of anyone. There’s not a lot that compares to what he did

I’m pretty sure if nike or another company could use him to sell shows they would but his family is really hostile about using his name or image for commercial purposes

—————
    Funny… being Kap hasn’t been employed by the NFL for a long time, now.

My local sports radio show was talking about the games this weekend. When they brought up our game against the Titans, both guys laughed and just skipped it saying both teams suck. Lol

90. naplesfan2010 says:

Gase doing some more scouting of his opponents?
    The Miami Dolphins continue to churn their roster on Tuesday, adding running back Brandon Bolden, according to a report from the Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero. The Dolphins released center Travis Swanson, who signed with Miami on Monday, according to Salguero’s initial report, but he subsequently changed it to “a corresponding roster cut to come.”

Bolden entered the league in 2012 as an undrafted free agent out of Mississippi. His entire career has been with the New England Patriots, where he carried the ball 216 times for 912 yards with six touchdowns. He has caught 47 passes for 373 yards and two touchdowns as well during his previous six seasons. He was primarily utilized as a special teams player for the Patriots.

Swanson’s one-day stint with the Dolphins came after a summer-long experience with the New York Jets, with whom he signed a one-year, $1.55 million contract this offseason. Prior to joining the Jets, Swanson had played four years with the Detroit Lions.

All he did was be divisive and stoke the fires of an already inflamed subject.

And continue to take every shot available to him at a club that refused to let him in. He wanted to be an owner sooooooo bad, then he decided he would compete and failed, then decided to compete again….and failed. He hates the NFL because they blocked him at every turn.

93. naplesfan2010 says:

So we bring a guy in who played last year for each or our opponents this year and keep him for a day and grill him for the inside dope on his former team and then cut him loose.
    Swanson to rat out Detroit.
    Bolden to tattle on the Cheater.
    Falk to show us the chalk talk from Vrabel.

Incognito is next to tell us about McD in Buffalo.

94. naplesfan2010 says:

Remember I said that McEvoy could step in for Maurice Smith?

“”McEvoy transferred to the University of Wisconsin where he played from the 2013 season through the 2015 season.[5] McEvoy played in 38 games splitting time between playing at safety, quarterback, and wide receiver.[1]”

Even though there are reports out there that Stills, Amendola and Parker are our 3 starters it is unknown if Parker will play week 1 or even week 2. If that’s the case I expect to see a lot of Gesicki. Though the report Wyo posted above says Gesicki is ready to be a starter, I’ve also read the Gray is the starter. That said I don’t think it matters because a bunch of these guys are going to play. It sounds like Wilson is going to be used as a versatile weapon both as a WR and getting some rushes as well.

We’ll finally get a chance to see the 1’s and significant role players play a complete game to get a better feel for what kind of team we have. I’m excited for that even though sometimes week 1 is a weird week in the league and you don’t always know if that’s the true representation of teams. But it’s better than the PS which has been watered down even more in recent years.

Go Phins!!!!

96. naplesfan2010 says:

Man I want to beat Tennessee so bad I can taste it.

Well My 2 pennies!

If the LB’s can become good (not great) we should have a decent year?

other than that I’ve got no complaints!

Although when Henry comes to town with that OL???????? We will see if we can hold up to a power run game?

98. naplesfan2010 says:

2016
    Throughout rookie minicamp, organized team activities, and spring training, McEvoy was used at the safety position. Upon arriving at training camp, he was moved to wide receiver and Pete Carroll tried him out at tight end after Jimmy Graham and Nick Vannett suffered injuries and Cooper Helfet was waived.[13]

In his first preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs, McEvoy caught a 37-yard touchdown pass from Trevone Boykin.

99. naplesfan2010 says:

Pete Carroll made him the fifth wide receiver on the Seahawks’ depth chart behind veterans Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Jermaine Kearse and Paul Richardson.[16]

He made his professional regular season debut in the Seattle Seahawks’ season-opening 12-10 victory over the Miami Dolphins.

On October 2, 2016, McEvoy made his first career reception for a 42-yard touchdown during the Seahawks’ 27-17 victory at the New York Jets.

100. naplesfan2010 says:

During a Week 7 matchup at the Arizona Cardinals, McEvoy blocked a punt

The following week, McEvoy received a lateral from Russell Wilson and threw his first career pass attempt for a 43-yard completion to running back C. J. Prosise

On December 11, 2016, he had a season-high three receptions for 41 receiving yards and scored Seattle’s only TD, a 22-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter

101. naplesfan2010 says:

He became the Seahawks’ fourth wide receiver, behind Doug Baldwin, Paul Richardson, and Tyler Lockett, after the Seahawks traded Jermaine Kearse to the New York Jets.[27]

On October 29, 2017, McEvoy made a 53-yard reception during Seattle’s 41-38 victory over the Houston Texans.

McEvoy graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a degree in sociology in December 2015.[1] His brother, Colin, played college football at Rutgers. His sister, Christin, attended the College of Charleston in South Carolina.

102. naplesfan2010 says:

I’ve been following this guy for years, but at 6’6 and 230, i thought he would become a TE in the NFL, like Derby and Gray that we have on the team now.

We should have all these guys throw once a year. Ballage too. And Ballage can run the wildcat.

let’s Just have so many different threats that DCs can’t sleep and we average 30+ ppg.

103. naplesfan2010 says:

McEvoy is from Hillsdale and Oradell, NJ.
    Is that up by any of you guys?

104. naplesfan2010 says:

So we put in Smythe, Gesicki, McEvoy, and Derby with 1st and goal at the 9 and have them all post up their little DBS and Ryan throws to whichever one is dominant.

Tim – I thought Minkah was from Old Bridge

Old Bridge is about 15-20 minutes from me Naples, that’s where his house was. Minkah lived in Old Bridge, went to HS in Jersey City

Right, many people are born somewhere and then move somewhere else. It’s all good. I just went by the first place they mentioned in his bio.

My friends who live in OB were going crazy, like he was their son or something. lol

The bottom line is I think Minkah is the real deal and we’ll see that this season and for years to come. He’s got that special aspect about him.

I do too Tim – Could be our best pick in more than a decade, maybe 2.

I heard that when you leave New Jersey that they talk about you like your dead, you know, because you’ve moved on to a better place.

Reminder to any involved FFB Draft is tomorrow at 8:30 PM EST .. good luck

For the enlightenment of some who have nothing better to do than jump all over me: In responding to HULK’S wonderful column at 8:16 AM today, I listed 4 things the Fins needed most in 2018: #1 dealt with the ominous implications of Hulk’s belief that MIAMI STILL can’t stop the run; #2 dealt with GARSE’s propensity to call for 3-yard pass plays on 3rd and 7; #3 dealt with the need for, and I quote verbatim, “ONE more good running back.” Notice Buddy Howell’s NAME is nowhere to be found. NOR as D implied, did I demand that the 5th running back be included on the 53 man roster. Storing a 5th runner on the practice squad would have, and WILL BE, fine with me. AND I CERTAINLY do NOT believe “the music died” when Buddy was cut NOR, D, did I ever even hint he should turn down a spot on any NFL roster . YOU ought to try telling the truth for a change instead of creating lies for your own entertainment. SHAME ON YOU!!!
    ——————-
    You are certainly entitled to take me to task for the things I say and for the opinions I have. But the truth will always be your best friend. Having said that, I will STILL HOLD to my original opinion that 4 running backs WON’T be enough for the Dolphins this season. Another RB, either on the practice squad or on the 53 man squad, would be a GOOD THING. I fully realize Buddy Howell can not be that guy. But THAT GUY is out there, somewhere, and I hope T-Bomb can surprise me and actually get THE RIGHT GUY because I’ve got a very strong feeling at least one of our 4 RB’s will miss some time this season.
    ——————-
    OK you can all go back and beat me or someone else up, kiddies. Have a ball!!

Guess that Garsehole is reading?

All this signing and cutting and signing is maneuvering for the bottom end of the roster. If you poach someone you have to put them on the 53, but then you can cut them after a time (I forget the exact time per the rule) and put them on YOUR practice squad. (similar with guys clearing waivers)

Man, this year was brutal on the bubble players. 1184 guys out of work in one day. (320 of them might wind up on practice squads)

nice explanation of the seemingly (but not) strange roster moves

Lol @ throw a dart…

NJ is actually really beautiful
    I had the worst impression of NJ when I used to live in Florida
    But it’s really a beautiful state
    It’s not the concrete jungle people think

Hope ya had a great time in La Belle Provence..Did you convince them to secede from Canada ??

I can’t believe that we’re currently carrying 4 QBs on our roster while we’re bloody thin at the LB position. And yes, I know… we’re obviously not yet done shuffling the deck.

My gut tells me that we’re going to see a lot of movement once contracts become non-guaranteed… and I think we’ll be looking at the LB and DB positions.

Most of these backup QBs are not in our future and we’re not going to bolster the LB position to anyone’s satisfaction at this time. We will find out if our young LBs can do the job soon enough. You don’t make significant upgrades off the waiver wire. I think the backup QB position is being pushed and tested. I’m less worried about LB than I am the backup QB situation. Minkah will likely play more snaps than the 3rd LB. The backup QB should RT go down will have to play every snap at QB. Big difference!

Ah, this answers some questions we all may have…

4 (FOUR) QBs on our current roster? That leads the league, by the way (see Barry’s story above), where most teams only carry 2. If Gase hasn’t figured out who Tannehill’s backup should be by now (and then he added ANOTHER to the 53 in Falk, instead of simply signing him to the PS?), I don’t know what to tell ya.

TOTALLY agreed with the importance of a backup QB, but SHEESH! Figure it out, already! Gase is playing ‘bosom buddies’ with Fales and Osweiler at this point, and now Falk has entered the mix.

Why is QB any different than other position when it comes to churning the roster? So drafting QBs in the 4th and 6th rounds is okay but picking those same guys up on waivers is some how less than that. It’s not going to stay at 4. We can still go play game 1 and 2 as is until we have a feel for who the best backup is. Nobody liked our backup QB situation, but now we have a problem with adding another QB? I think it’s about pushing the envelope with these guys.

The ultimate goal is none of them play any meaningful snaps as Ryan Tannehill is the guy. You don’t rotate QBs, you do rotate LBs and many other positions.

I guess the fear is the 53rd man might be valuable during the course of the season when another unit is inevitably depleted

4 is a lot

Not sure it will come back to bite us but we usually need the depth elsewhere

121. naplesfan2010 says:

Eliot Harrison’s Power Rankings moved the Dolphins up 6 to #23.

122. naplesfan2010 says:

Bolden is a quality athlete. So is McEvoy. I like the way we are building the team.

You get Taylor and Phillips up the middle and Aikens and Bolden off the edges and you put real pressure on the punters and kickers.

Ray Feinga has no sympathy for Swanson.

Piggy – Do you believe Kaepernick sacrificed his career for his cause, or do you believe he just ended up losing out on his career because it just backfired on him? I don’t look at him as a martyr at all, I think he took a stance, never expected it to jeopardize his career, but by the time he realized how deep he was in, and the prevailing attitude from most teams thought of him as not worth the trouble, he just lost out. It’s not like teams were lining up to sign him and he said No, I’m not taking a job, he just got screwed because of the backlash against his perceived anti-patriotism and anti-police and military

Bingo, I totally agree

That sounds like desperately rationalization it to me

I’m sure he knew it was a controversial position when he decided to start
      If he does don’t early he learned by week 2
      Hes not in this league now
      And now there will is a rule against it
      It’s kind of obvious that everything leads to him not playing now

I think if you are looking at it and trying to determine when he got caught with his pants down, you ignore that he pulled his pants down to begin with

And trust me, pulling your pants down is a voluntary act

He made at choice, acted on it and now has to accept the consequences

Whether you call it a sacrifice is problem connected to whether you buy on to the sincerity of whether he cares about his position – and I think he does

The way I see it Piggy, you have to know what the ramifications are from the start to call it a sacrifice. If he knew right from the get-go that he might get kicked out of the NFL so to speak, then that’s a different story. I believe he started his stance with no idea whatsoever what the backlash would be, and therefore, I can’t classify that as a sacrifice in my mind.

I don’t think you ever know exactly what will happen
        Just that you are taking a risk

I really think he knew and his protest was designed to provoke

Did he know the nfl wouldn’t want him anymore?🤷‍♂️

But it’s not like after learning that, he’s backed off

What if Kaep did a 180
        And started apologizIng and saying I won’t do it anymore and I regret it

Do you think the wouldn’t welcome him back?
        I think unquestionably they would , just for the PR, if nothing more

So if you don’t beleive he made a sacrifice when he started bc the consequences were unknown to him – what about now?

Isn’t he making a sacrifice now?

I also do not think whether you characterize it as a sacrifice or not, means you support it, so I don’t know why this argument is coming up over again – it doesn’t mean it wad he right thing for him to do. Some people make sacrifices for shitty reasons 😝

Ray Fienga that’s funny I forgot about him

Piggy, like I said we’re not going to keep 4 QBs all season, 3 maybe.

I don’t really think it’s a big deal to keep 4 temporarily

But if you beleive the 53rd man you keep now is more valuable than the 53rd man you keep a month from now – I guess it’s a big deal

I think after the coaches get a look at Falk they will either release him or Osweiler or Fales. Maybe he goes to the PS.

Falk might just be intel for week 1
        But I really hope he gets a chance
        His physical ability might be too limited for the nfl, so it doesn’t surprise me that he might face hurdles, but if a team keeps him and he learns the system, he might be a very reliable QB in terms of a backup

If a starter went down for a long time, a guy like Falk is a really asset

I dont believe in that bringing in a guy just for intel. I think thats an urban legend. Maybe Belichick does it, but i really think its bunk. They liked Falk in the draft process, they obviously didn’t draft him (though we really on had a shot in the 4th to get him because he was taken in the 6th before we selected). I think it was a case of a guy they liked came available so they snatched him up. My guess is they will try to keep hm on the 53 and likely cut one of the others after a game or two, and as long as Falk is working out for them.

It doesn’t look like Parker will play this week.

That’s what I read. Fine if he comes back week 2 -17 and has a nice season, disappointing if his issues linger all season long as per usghe

At least it’s not his feet or legs.

On another note, we came out of TC and the PS without any serious injuries which is rare.

Is Langford eligible for the PS’s PS? IF so we can stash him for our PS on its PS. I have been complaining about this for years, but we need a minor league for NFL football, and no the University of Alabama doesn’t qualify. Maybe this League Spurrier is starting up will wind up a pseudo minor leagues for the NFL.

I remember you guys saying yesterday that Nike’s target audience wasnt blue collar working types so they might not alienate a lare part of their customer base. How about this….

I have no problem with what Levis is doing because it isn’t radical. If they can help come up with solutions to cut down on “gun violence” that would be great. But I think this country needs to start realizing that the problem isn’t the gun, but the person behind the trigger. Trying to find solutions to stop people from going on shooting sprees is the only way. It seems the politicians aren’t overly concerned with gang and drug violence in cities all across America though, just these mass shootings that happen. Gang and drug violence happens every day, not every few months or so.

Who spends money in America?

That’s what Levi’s and Nike are targeting

It’s usually millennials spending on clothes, sometimes it’s even younger

That’s the reality. Sorry to inform this blog – but we are all very old…lol

A target audience to market to and the majority of Americans are two very different things

Sometimes they go hand in hand and sometimes they don’t
      In a political issue – they don’t

I thinks nike and Levi’s reasescrhed their market
      That’s said, it’s still a risk

They better hope it pays off. Bc if they lose $ next qtr, taking controversial positions is going to be the first thing shareholders point to

Pigs – I guess what it comes down to is it’s very hard for me to look upon Kaepernick as any kind of hero. End of story. I don’t think what he did was noble, although I do support part of his message that more change needs to happen, but as far as blaming solely police, which in my opinion he’s just pointing fingers, is completely unfair. Let him put on a police uniform for a day and go into the inner city of Chicago and try to maintain the law and peace there. I’m not going to go into the whole military thing, because I don’t believe his intentions were ever to disrespect the military. I realize that some police have issues, either they’re so scared they unload their magazines too quickly, or they just have mental issues, but any police officer literally puts his life on the line every day just by putting on that uniform, so they get some leeway in my mind.

He didnt approach what he did with noble grace. I have a hard time speaking of him in the same tone as soemone lime MLK. He didnt sacrifice in my opinion. He did kick start something that at this point is getting legs and becoming something good, but i dont think his intent was at all that, and i think that can be seen by the fact that he has not furthered any unifying movement to the greater good and to bring resolution to his supposed cause. I think Still and several of the other NFL player have dont the harder work, and show their conviction to be much stronger to find resoltion, than Kaepernick has.

We make a lot of this 3 QB situation, but even with our current roster, there wont be a position group where we will have a void, and even most likely there will be positions that still hve player inactive each game. If something happens and we get thin we make moves and possible cut one of them then, but i dont know that 3 QB’s instead of two or even 4 QB’s instead of 2 makes much difference in the grand scheme of things. We are going to have points all through the season where we pick up a guy to balance out a void somewhere and possible create a lesser void elsewhere. Its how this stuff happens every year.

You don’t have to agree with the content or how he did it to recognize that he gave up his football career to do what he did.

I feel completely bombarded by football this week. This will be my 2nd FF draft this week tonight (Mob league), I’m in a new weekly pool that not only picks every game and the total score of the MNF game, but also 6 key picks every week. Definitely an interesting format. I feel like I have 2 jobs, my regular job, and then all the time it takes to figure out lineups for 3 FF leagues, and then make the weekly picks. It’s exhausting! lol

If you are already picking every game how does the six key picks come in?

I’m new in this pool, a friend of mine asked me to join. I have no idea. If I had to guess, it might be a tiebreaker if 2 people have same amount of wins and points in the MNF game, but maybe there is a separate prize for the 6 key picks every week, and at years end. When I find out, I’ll let you know

D, I kind of agree with bringing in players for intel is not a big difference maker. Teams have film on each other so they already know what each team likes to do. Could there be some intel that helps? I guess but at the end of the day it’s about matchups and physical play. There is no way to know exactly what play the opponent will call because there are multiple plays out of the same formations.

Wranglers make a good pair of pants! 😉

William Hayes is back at practice today after missing almost a month. 🙂

D says:
    September 5, 2018 at 12:30 pm

So I’m half asleep in bed last night and open my eyes to see my dog staring down at me. I reach up and give her head a pet…… and she pukes all over my chest. Man’s best friend my ass. 🙂

Ted Larsen practiced today so we have all 8 OL available.

LOL @ Stanger! That’s truly funny!

FYI guys

This year when there’s a sack, I will be judging your posts on whether Tannehill held the ball too long or whether the OL is a mess, not for the content of the post, but for its stylistic integrity

Posts that mimic the syllabic meter of a haiku will be met with great appreciation

It’s that time of year where talking trash is twitter is entertaining

And my response

8-29 Nikes stock was at 83.03 on 9-4 it fell to 79.01, you may want to short that stock.

I don’t get into leverage plays like that, but even noticing that short dive on the play that is a pretty small drop. And can’t see the fundamentals playing out as quickly as a short time frame. Might be a bad move for the company down the road, but just don’t see a short play on it. Are you going with that?

September 5, 2018 at 12:22 pm
    William Hayes is back at practice today after missing almost a month. 🙂

Had to MAKE SURE that hammy was healed up. Hamstrings can linger and ruin a guys season if they don’t take the time to heal them up right.

Fingers crossed that he is good to go all year. Our run D is so much better with him in there.

That’s funny!

150. 13kvFINS says:

A Shula coach (back in the day) presented him with the opponents entire playbook, Shula threw it in the trash!!!

TRUE STORY!!!

FOREVER, I always hoped that we wouldn’t hurt the opposing teams starting QB,
    cuz it eliminated the majority of game planning, and BU QB’s (in the midst of games) always seemed to do better than the starter that we game planned for…

PLAY YOUR GAME MIAMI DOLPHINS!!!

GOFINS!!!

Football is still more about matchups and physical play than tricky stuff and needing to know what a team is going to do.

Dan Marino is on with Mike Francesa on WFAN.

I can’t believe it
    they sacked Tannehill again
    it’s the O line’s Fault

Right Tackle Missed Block
    Quarterback is on his back
    why can’t they shape up

Tannehill still sucks
    he cannot read defenses
    he deserves the sacks

Yeah just heard about this. Bell is most likely done in PIT after this season – maybe he even gets traded. There was more than one OL on the team who had the same sentiment. They are not a united team and Bell is the wedge.

Fantasy draft for us is tonight right

Toba’s email say wens 9/8, which is a date that doesn’t exist

158. naplesfan2010 says:

McEvoy in 2016 averaged 18.1 yards per catch with two touchdowns. Last season, while injured, McEvoy studied big-bodied Brandon Marshall, seeking clues for how to use his size to an advantage.

159. naplesfan2010 says:

McEvoy played quarterback, safety and wide receiver in college. He began his career as a quarterback at South Carolina (recruited by Steve Spurrier)

160. naplesfan2010 says:

Then he transferred to Wisconsin, where he played all three positions. In 2014, McEvoy passed for 709 yards and 5 touchdowns for Wisconsin. In 2015, McEvoy had 10 catches, 2 touchdowns and 6 interceptions for the Badgers, which is quite a unique stat line for one college season. McEvoy would practice on both sides of the ball in one day. McEvoy even played running back and linebacker in high school.

162. naplesfan2010 says:

Gore is nursing an achilles.

163. ElephantRider says:

Piggy

That’s what day it is in Canada

164. 13kvFINS says:

So McEvoy has some 7plus inches, 30 plus pounds, tossed 225 17 times
    and is still faster (4.58 avg) than that Browns guy

yes draft room is open it starts in 26 MINS .. thanks to all who noticed before 5:00 PM today lol

Toba’s email say wens 9/8, which is a date that doesn’t exist
    technically in 2020 or 2021 it will…

Toba — how do you chat? Did my predraft so my rankings are cool and get how to put in the que, but seems people are talking and don’t know how too.

168. Krishna says:

I don’t get it… I have never heard that you need to know the consequences of your actions, in advance, for it to be a sacrifice. ….. except in baseball. You sacrifice your at bat, usually intentionally, to advance the base runner.

The sacrifice in this case became evident when Kaepernick refused to change his behavior for something he believed in. He made a choice, and as a result he sacrificed his job. I don’t get the confusion. He chose to kneel for a cause, refused to change his behavior for his cause, and as a result sacrificed his very elite occupation as a result of his belief in this cause.

I have sacrificed (made choices) many opportunities and occupations based on my beliefs. You don’t have to die to make a sacrifice (like a lamb on an alter) or need to know in advance the consequences of your actions for it to be a sacrifice, only that your choices have consequences. Sticking to your choices after knowing the consequences is the sacrifice. …in this case, no longer in the NFL. Who knew it would come to this, but it did.

That’s all I see. Nike and Kaepernick agreed to share a message. Just do it…and…believe in something. Seems like a beautiful capitalistic all-American application our ideals in this free society with a twist…..and knowing the seeds of its origin (the twist) makes it rich and risky.

Someday I wish, as a free society, we will be able to see the social and racial injustice for what it is, i.e. social and racial injustice in America, and we begin to address it in an eyes-wide-open, fearless manner. Someday?

I wish I knew what to tell ya right now, my friend… but I don’t. I’m here for football, not political convo.

I’ve made many songs about this very subject and they’ve been hailed by multi-platinum producers and rappers alike… but that was in a different lifetime. I *died*, but I came back with a new purpose. I’ve been trying to unite people ever since, rather than divide them.

SERIOUSLY… I almost died… saw the tunnel with a bright at the end of it. I finally woke up after my friend was pounding on my chest, trying to resuscitate me… I came back a changed man.

MIND you… when I say unite people, I’m NOT talking politically. I’m talking RACIALLY. We are ALL people. We are ALL worthy of respect. We are ALL beating blood through our veins. And we are ALL fellow passengers to the grave.

Re: sacrifice

He did in fact voluntarily opt out of his contract in SF.

When the phone wasn’t ringing I remember him coming out and saying/pledging that he wasn’t going to kneel with any team that signed him.

These are why I agree with Mike’s assertion this morning.

One last bit on Kap/Nike… and I do NOT like even talking about this stuff, being I’d rather talk about the GAME… not politics.

It was announced today that Kap’s Nike commercial will air just before the anthem/kickoff tomorrow evening, the NFL season opener between the Falcons and Eagles. I couldn’t think of a WORSE time to air this commercial, as it will be MOST inflammatory to those who don’t like this entire matter to begin with. It’s as though the NFL and Nike are going to SHOVE their message down every football fan’s throat, regardless. NOT COOL.

Welp… the NFL lost MAJOR viewership last year… I’d bet they’re going to lose even MORE this year… starting with the opening kickoff to the ’18 season. SMH

They’ve been losing viewership for a few years now
      I’m not sure it’s politcal

I think it’s rule changes
      And the fact that the lure of fantasy football has faded

And to be more specific
      Merchandising was up, tv ratings were down

Nike isn’t In the business of broadcasting – so they probably don’t care about ratings

I do think a lot of people will tune out for any Nike commercials FWIW
      But I don’t think it is affecting the nfl viewership

I just returned and realized the oinkinator missed the draft

Oops

Everything isn’t always politics. I know it’s viewed that way but sometimes it’s simply current events. It’s not always a right/left argument, but a discussion of the day as it happens.

Btw
    Wyoming writes a mean haiku

175. Krishna says:

Please don’t confuse politics with raising awareness about social and racial injustice. Typically, sports has been a catalyst for change in these areas. Haven’t you seen any of the numerous sports’ movies that address our societal injustices? We still have a long way to go, and some Dolphin players kneel as they believe in the cause.

Choices were made, shit happens, doesn’t mean sacrifices weren’t made. Why cheapen his efforts? It’s not “pure” enough?

Why can’t we have an open conversation about the issues without the politics? Now, that would be sacrificial….

Sports, and the magnifying glass it has on it due to its celebrity status, exposes the underlying societal issues we face, from domestic violence to racism to drugs.

This isn’t politics.

It’s real. No one should be discriminated against or abused in a truly free society. I would think we would all agree with that. Not sure why this is political. …perhaps in your face (about time) since subtlety doesn’t seem to work for some.

I bet Kenny Stills kneels.

My friend… sports + politics is a concoction of disastrous proportions. May I politely remind of the former blog wars, thankfully behind us, now. May I cite ESPN’s ever falling ratings, as they continue to interject their politics into the world of sport. And lastly, the most recent controversy… Colin Kaepernick and Nike. I don’t want to get into it!

Buddy, I want to ESCAPE the world of politics when we ALL — AS PHIN FANS(!) — can ALL root for our team, regardless of political affiliation/opinion.

Yessir, I’ve grown up quite a bit since the SS days where we first met. And I STILL love y’all, but I’ve since recognized my OWN flaw: talking politics on a Miami Dolphins blog.

I don’t want to be divisive with my fellow Phin fans any longer… that’s all.

Tim, it’s ALWAYS political! I don’t mind chirping in on a recent event, but you can CLEARLY see that it becomes political. That’s exactly why ‘Twice’ thinks there needs to be more liberal representation on this… FOOTBALL BLOG.

No it is not alway political, people make current events political.
        Hey look there is a fire – it’s the conservatives or a liberals fault. No… it’s an asshole’s fault. Had nothing to do with politics.

To me politics is when it’s an ideological disagreement that effects your well being and your pocket. This Kaepernick stuff and other issues like it is just fluff that incites angry banter that won’t go away. But it’s news and current events. We now have politicians that blame everything on their adversaries. It’s fucking retarded.

FYI

I liked this one better!

Lee Harvey @Wyoming85Lee
    Replying to @TheFlyingPig44
    He runs for his life
    Three hundred ponders fly in
    The pain should be shared

12:22 PM – 5 Sep 2018

OK I have to do it! It’s too good!!!!!!

Obituary

Nike (1964-2018)
    died of Colin Cancer

Opie looks out left
    He never looks to his right
    Flattened once again

Happy Football season day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Practicing my Haiku Piggy. Hopefully won’t need them. I’m feeling excited!

On to Kaepernick, http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18805744/colin-kaepernick-stand-national-anthem-next-season.

He didn’t want to lose his sweet, sweet money and thought he was worth more than Elway was willing to look past. His lack of study of Castro’s evil regime is why I will never support him. Armando gave him a chance to learn about it…and he didn’t. Probably has spent the same amount of time ‘studying’ this problem too. Guy is a fraud. Raised by wealthy white people, he knew and knows nothing about racial injustice. Here’s a picture of the family. https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iur/?f=1&image_host=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F1d%2F00%2F1b%2F1d001b318b39f17fefde36e3146a7cfc.jpg&u=http://i.pinimg.com/736x/1d/00/1b/1d001b318b39f17fefde36e3146a7cfc.jpg

My brother was a cop. My nephew was a cop. They were treated like crap. To know a position, walk in those shoes right? Risking their lives every day for low pay. Getting no respect from some of the people they protect. Having to hear about the extremely low numbers of bad apples in policing and constantly being compared to them. Every move scrutinized. I can go on for quite a while.

Krishna, if you want to have that conversation, there are some really ugly truths involved. Are you sure you want that? A discussion of a culture that brings these problems far more than some bad cops. The prevalence of single parents in America today. The lack of strong values. The lack of good role models and using sports players as role models. What a bad idea!

Kaepernick is ignorant and doesn’t want to learn. His views on Castro are his views on everything. Entitled, ignorant, wrong. He may have sacrificed but that doesn’t mean he was willing to go all the way. To have him take this role when Ali just died somewhat recently is a travesty. That was real sacrifice. That was informed sacrifice. That is a guy I can support.

Krishna – Just to reply to your post regarding sacrifice . . .

I think you absolutely have to be aware what you are sacrificing in order for it to be a sacrifice. Like a woman who stays home to have children and take care of them rather than pursue a career she wanted to. If you’re not aware you’re making a choice then how can it possibly be viewed as a sacrifice?

Tannehill crushed between two
    Look of bewildered betrayal
    at his offensive line

lol

New Age has the right of it. Too many want to have a one-sided discussion about social and.racial injustice. And if you try to have the full talk, you’re a racist. Kaepernick, Stills, er al, are protesting criminals resisting arrest paying the consequences of their actions. They are fighting to have society accept criminal and/or otherwise bad behavior. They want everyone to accept a culture based in disrespect for the rule of law, civility, and misogyny.

Kaepernick didn’t sacrifice anything. His career was going south. His actions were those of an entitled child. He, as Nee Age points out, is a hypocrite. Anywhere but America he would have been abandoned on the streets and probably dead by now instead of having lived a privileged life, and going on to making millions playing a game.

NEW BLOG UP!