2018 Season – Game 2 – Dolphins @ Jets

1-0 baby!  The Dolphins started the season at home against the Titans, in one of the most bizarre and easily the most lengthy football games in the history of the sport.  7 hours, and 10 minutes.  Wow!  Lightning strikes in the vicinity of Hard Rock caused a couple of weather delays which put the total game time from start to finish at 7:10, which is the longest game in NFL history.

The good thing is that the Dolphins team remained focused on the task at hand, winning the game, and I would give some credit to Head Coach Adam Gase for keeping his team prepared, and to GM Chris Grier and VP Mike Tannenbaum for shedding the roster of the “ME” players and building a team of players who share a common goal, helping each other make the Dolphins a winning team.

The Dolphins had a nice balance on offense, Kenyan Drake getting the most touches as expected, and it was especially nice to see Frank Gore come in and spark the offense.  He looks fresh, especially for a veteran RB with 13 NFL seasons under his belt, and over 3200 carries.  I think it’s a great tandem, they complement each other very well.  The O-line did their job well, and both backs were able to move the ball.

Ryan Tannehill looked very good in the game, but a couple of poor throws somewhat derailed his fine effort.  I really thought the throw in the end zone to Gesicki, whether Mike slipped or not, was too flat, not enough arc, and also just thrown too close to the defender.  Make that throw more towards the sideline, and deeper towards the back of the endzone with more arc, and there’s very little chance if any that it gets picked off.  The other was either an overthrow or a miscommunication with Jakeem Grant, and without certainty as to which, I can’t blame Tannehill on that one.  The play-action TD pass to Kenny Stills was a beauty, great protection, and a very accurate strike for the TD.  Take away the end zone miscue to Gesicki or the other INT intended for Grant, and Tannehill has done exactly what I would hope he could do.

The Titans after the injury to starting QB Marcus Mariota were not the same team, but the injuries to starting OT’s Taylor Lewan and Jack Conklin, LT and RT respectively is really what killed the Titans.  Those 2 are aggressive, mean and nasty run blockers, and the Dolphins limited the run game, especially when big back Derrick Henry was in, to 26 yards on 10 carries.  Dion Lewis, who is quicker and shiftier had more success, rushing for 75 yards on 16 carries.

On defense, the first thing I noticed right away, was Minkah Fitzpatrick.  He didn’t do one spectacular thing on Sunday, but damn if he wasn’t always around the ball.  You just can’t teach what he has, that desire to digest football knowledge, study film to learn players and teams tendencies, and the desire to work in the weight room to become the best player he can be.  Minkah had that before he got here, but he’s ours man, and I’m thrilled we have him.  He was in on 6 tackles, but despite that, he just seemed to be so involved in the game, and he was out there a lot. If anyone has snap counts, I’d love to know how many, as well as for the D-line.  The frequent rotation worked as well as I could have hoped, and the youngins Godchaux and Taylor look like all the world to have been brilliant draft picks.  You just don’t expect a 5th and 6th RD defensive tackle to give you what Godchaux and Taylor are giving us.  Think of how absurd it is to pay a player over $20M to do what these guys are giving us!  Talk about value, it’s insane!  The LB’s weren’t asked to do everything, as we saw 3 safeties out there often enough. Kiko led the team with 6 solo tackles, and both Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker had 3 solos and 3 assists.  Very possible this type of thing plays out the entire season.

The Jets come off a very successful road win against the Detroit Lions.  They banged up QB Matthew Stafford pretty good, and the battered QB threw 1 TD and 4 INT’s.  While Matthew Stafford hurt his team, the Jets rookie QB did the opposite.  Sam Darnold played a very solid game, despite throwing an INT on his very first pass attempt.  The rookie bounced back well however, and helped lead his team to an impressive 48-17 drubbing of the Lions. He had a nice balanced rushing attack with Bilal Powell and Isaiah Crowell with a 1-1A type approach.  Crowell finished with 102 yards on 10 carries and 2 TD’s and Powell had 12 carries for 60 yards.  Quincy Enunwa has resumed his spot as the go-to-guy of the offense, after being out with an injury last year.  Robbie Anderson remains the big play danger, he’s like our version of Kenny Stills, except of course Anderson threatens police officers with vulgar things he will do to their wives, but on the gridiron, they are similar threats.

Dolphins vs Jets are always crazy games, as last year’s Fest game was evidence of such.  The Dolphins pulled out a last minute victory when Bobby McCain intercepted Josh McCown with 47 seconds remaining in the game, allowing Cody Parkey to kick the game winning 39 yard F to win it 31-28.  What a FEST-ivious win!  There will not be a MetLife Takeover Fest this time, but hopefully the NYC Dolfans contingency will be sufficient to help our boys complete another successful takeover that ends with a Dolphins victory.

If the Dolphins can continue their success rushing the football with Drake and Gore, and keep the pocket clean for Tannehill, we should be able to score against the Jets.  Devante Parker should be back, but I just can’t count on him to be a big role player, so I won’t.  We have enough weapons with Stills, Amendola, Wilson and the 2 backs, and anything we can get from Gesicki and Parker is just gravy.  On defense, just limit Bilal Powell.  Crowell doesn’t scare me, but Powell just rips off those big plays, so we need to keep him in check.  Darnold probably won’t be shaken, we should treat him like any QB, not expose ourselves with a ton of blitzes.  I think if we do that, he might make us pay, so just stay disciplined, keep using the 3 safeties often, and I think we can beat them.  Don’t let Anderson get behind the secondary.

MIA 28 – NYJ 27

2,112 Responses to 2018 Season – Game 2 – Dolphins @ Jets

The Raiders game is a definite must win. After that it’s NE in Foxboro, Cincy @ Cincy, and then home against the Bears (which we could probably win too). Then we have a stretch of winnable games until the last quarter of the season when the opponents are tough again.

I think we match up pretty well with the Raiders!
      Until we actually stop Gronk,??????????
      Cincy’s not a good match for us on offence!
      We should feast on Turnovervinski!

I see 2 top teams (Vikings, Jags)
      2 QBs that will give usfits ( Rogers, Watson )

The rest???

Our offense needs to improve. Punting because you can’t convert….no matter how good you punt….is not good. I’m seeing a lot of the same deep we’ve seen for 3 years. Predictable playcalling. Poor execution. Weird playcalls at weird times. Not converting big 3rd downs. This type of performance isn’t gonna end up in wins when we start playing good teams.

Who are these good teams?

I actually don’t think the play-calling has been that predictable. I do agree that execution on 3rd down is our biggest challenge. Gase is also aware of that and hopefully we can improve in that area. If we do that the offense should elevate to another level.

Man the Bears defense looks really good. Not just because of Mack. They were already pretty good last year but he added another dimension. That group can keep the Bears in games regardless of the offense’s struggles. I have them on my FF team but I went with the Ravens this week and got 1 point. The Bears would have given me 21 and I would have won had I started them. I think I will go with best matchup with each defense the rest of the way.

The Bears defense is going to be a big test for our offense in a few weeks. Hopefully by then our offense is rolling with more consistency.

Damn page turned me!

wyoming85 says:
    September 18, 2018 at 8:19 am
    I think we match up pretty well with the Raiders!
    Until we actually stop Gronk,??????????
    Cincy’s not a good match for us on offence!
    We should feast on Turnovervinski!

I see 2 top teams (Vikings, Jags)
    2 QBs that will give usfits ( Rogers, Watson )

The rest???

OD, I saw your post how Miami didn’t send any scouts to watch Mack play in college but the Raiders did. Mack was a top 5 pick in 2014, everyone knew who Mack was in that draft. The Raiders selected him at #5 in that draft. He wasn’t some kind of gem that only they knew about.

I thought we beat the Titans and Jets, not just the QBs. But that’s just me. 😉

So as fans winning should not be important or fun. I guess just complaining about losing is the way to go. LOL

• pheloniusphish says:

Or we complain about winning. OL sucks, Tannehill sucks, McCain is a liability because he’s short, and on and on.

• pheloniusphish says:

We’re not allowed to happy after winning. The sky may still fall.

Don’t worry, be happy . . .

I’m very happy with being 2-0. You can play well in games, and just not make the one or two plays that help you win. We’ve been making those plays, and we’re doing what it takes to win. How can anyone not be happy about that?

Think about 2 years ago, we opened at SEA and lost 12-10, then at home for NE and lost 31-24. Each of those games we could have won had we made a couple of plays here and there. That’s usually what separates teams, the talent is fairly close, but some teams have the better coach, and might have a better roster, but it’s not usually a huge disparity in talent.

It’s silly not to be. Sure there is room for improvement with this team but what is encouraging for me is I do think the potential to be even better is there.

If we lost the first two games everyone would be saying see we told the Dolphins will be bad this year. So we win the first two games and now it’s about the “QBs” we beat. Stop!

Kiko has 2 FF’s andan INT so far. Those can be gamechangers.

Phins moved up to #16 in the ESPN power rankings (up from 24). Guess you can only rank a 2-0 team so low.

Darnold was all over NFL TV and radio talk shows after the Jets beat the Lions on MNF because of how good he looked. Now because we beat them, he sucks?

Kiko seems more comfortable and better suited to being an OLB as opposed to MLB where he has been playing the previous 2 seasons

That may be why he had such a positive impact
      But honestly I don’t think he’s great in coverage and the jests offense wasn’t really throwing downfield (at least not early) much

So we will see how he looks against a more prolific passing offense like the raiders or the patriots

The disrespect we get is unbelievable. This from USA Today power rankings:

17. Miami Dolphins (2-0, LW: 24)
    There are seven 2-0 teams after two weeks (which is about normal). On average, about 60 percent of teams that start 2-0 make the playoffs. The Dolphins are the other 40 percent.

If the Steelers had Bell, I could understand it, but with James Conner, they just aren’t as scary, even though their pass offense can be crazy good, they need Bell.

Respect is earned. We need to keep winning to do that. What the media says about us or where they rank us means absolutely nothing.

Kong – I saw it man, I just think that was a douchey thing to say by them, but I almost get it. Most prognosticators don’t look at us as a playoff team, because most of the time, we’re not. We keep playing well, we’ll force them to think otherwise.

I actually think the ranking is pretty spot on. I wouldn’t rank us above the mid-teens. The backhanded insult is just ridiculous.

I get earning respect, but unnecessarily disrespecting us when all we’ve done is beat who’s been put in front of us is horseshit.

Not that i care much, but its pretty crazy to see people lauding Vontae as a hero for walking out at halftime. I mean i understand the fact that plenty of people have walked out of a job in the middle of it, but being its a very team oriented sport football just seems like a place where that shit wouldnt happen, if for anything but support for the other players. I know its his prerogative on when he quits, but i cant see anything heroic or honorable on how he did that.

There is no winner in this Bell vs the Steelers standoff. I eman i think they need to consider how important the guy is to their team. If they have made their decision, they just need to trade him so someone can get use out of him and let him be their problem, but holding on to him and him holding out isnt helping either side. Its like that messy “trial separation” some people go through, without love and respect there is no mending things, just bite the bullet and get it over with.

Im in the camp of them paying the man and keeping a truly special player they developed and have invested in. I wouldn’t just let that walk away.

Ken says:
    September 18, 2018 at 11:04 am

And people say I am the bad man
    ———————————————-
    Well you did kinda teball up that response lol.

Snap counts from the Jets game make clear that of our back 7, 6 are full-timers. And not a lot of 3 LB sets. The nickle is our base.

Bobby McCain, Xavien Howard, T.J. McDonald, Reshad Jones, Kiko Alonso, Raekwon McMillan– 65 plays (100 percent)
    Minkah Fitzpatrick – 42 plays (65 percent)
    Jerome Baker 15 plays (23 percent)
    Chase Allen 7 plays (11 percent)

That’s because of the opposing team’s personnel on the field which is usually 3 WR, 1 TE and 1 RB. Most teams use this personnel grouping.

Kong – How about this one?

15. Miami Dolphins (2-0, LW: 25)

Do you believe? The Titans and Jets, the teams the Dolphins beat, are 2-0 in their other games. So it’s not a glaring example of the Dolphins going 2-0 against terrible teams. Ryan Tannehill looks at least decent. Our preconceived notions of the Dolphins gives them a higher bar to cross before we buy into this 2-0 start. If they can beat the Raiders at home Sunday, a Week 4 game at New England becomes very interesting.

Positives about this year’s team:
    Low Penalties- It’s been the trademark of a Gase team for the past several years. Many of us had that as a #1 priority and so far they’ve cleaned it up. Let it continue for the rest of the season and beyond.

Turnovers and pressure – we’ve played two questionable QB’s this year, but in previous times we’ve made guys like these look like superstars. We are getting turnovers when we need them and multiple times a game

Playing with a lead- how many times during the Gase years have we started off slow, only to pull in out in the second half and need to play catch up? The games haven’t been perfect, but we’ve started and finished the game off right.

The low penalties are huge

In week 1 when I saw the false start, I’m almost lost it

But they seek a lot more disciplined

The same people that think Vante is a hero, think it’s cute to shoot cops and attack ICE officers while making arrests.

Concerning / Nagging issues:
    Playcalling – This needs to be more consistent. There are still some head scratchers during critical game moments. Gase will also have a run of really brilliant play calling followed by some real weird stuff. This has been one of my complaints from the beginning and although some things have improved, there’s still enough there for concern for the rest of the season, especially against tougher competition. Drives are being killed and there doesn’t seem to be a rhythm or flow and it’s frustrating to watch

Use of players –
    Gase does this well with some players, but it’s not there consistently with most players. Again, this is something that needs consistency.

3rd downs
    we are still having trouble on this down and some of it’s a combo of the first two issues. knowing what plays to use and the players to use at the time. we’re also having trouble getting manageable 3rd downs for various reason and then not being able to convert them at an acceptable rate.

Too many opportunies
    what happens when the turnovers and and pressures dry up against good teams? The first two teams we played were given lots of opportunities to win the games we just played and they didn’t capitalize. When we face better teams with better/more capable QBs we don’t want to give them multiple opportunities to score because chances are they’ll be more successful.

QB improvement
    Tannehill looks decent so far, and for sure there’s some rust, but I’m not happy with the level he was playing in 2016. I want another level to his game this year. There will be games where we can’t run or the defense is getting gashed and the game will fall on his shoulders and he’ll have to keep up with the other side.

Pig, my biggest problems with the penalties in the past has been that they seem to come at the worst possible times like in the red zone or back to back and putting us in 3rd and 15+ after having 4 successful plays thus killing drives

Throwing short of the first down marker is one of my biggest pet peeves. Yeah, occasionally a guy might break a tackle, but I think way too often we throw passes that are at least 5 yards short of the 1st down. I just hate seeing it. I know other teams do it too, but we have a lot of trouble converting 3rd downs, and throwing short of the marker is a good reason why we have trouble

They look at it no differently as running on 1st down, but i disagree with that because the act of running the ball helps to set up the play action, that quick pass actually takes away from what luring the opposing defense in with a run does for you.

Those quick passes also setup the run. The Pats have been doing that for a decade. Lots of times we throw the quick passes and follow it up with a run. The issue is at 3rd 2 and we don’t convert. There were plenty of times where Tannehill was looking to go down the field but it wasn’t there and some of those lead to sacks. You have to mix it up so teams don’t see you as predictable. Oh they always run on 1st down so lets sell out on the run. That’s what the RPO, screens and running game does out of shotgun, there are 3 options teams have react too.

The thing we hate about those screens is if nothing productive comes from it, not the play itself. All plays come down to execution. I think the speed and quickness we have with some of our smaller WRs has shown up this season. If we execute even better I see some of those plays going for big games. Gase believes in what he’s doing if we execute better so we have to roll with it.

Mikey articles out there are portraying Vontae as anything from a victim, to a hero in a sense because they are applauding him for making a tough decision at the time he felt was the right time to make it. Maybe hero is a little strong, but they are definitely propping him up and making him seem brave for making that decision.

I did catch an article where they said he showed courage by quitting at halftime. They give him far too much credit as to his state of mind, and comprehension of the whole thing.

How does it take courage to quit? That seems like an oxymoron to me. Coming to the conclusion that you just don’t have it in you anymore is just that, you tapped out. That’s not courageous.

Tim – The article was basically saying he knew all the backlash he was going to get for doing it, so that took courage. I’m not even sure if he really had any idea or cared whether there would be backlash, I kind of see him as a child in his comprehension of such things. We all saw him when he got traded how he wanted to call Grandma, he was like a lost little kid.

Thats what im saying. I think he has mental issue that allow him to override a logical decision for an emotional one. I dont see courage at all in his action, i think Vontae did what Vontae does and nothing more should be read into it.

Yeah I don’t think he thought it through much other than he emotionally tapped out. Like Rpberto Duran No Mas. And that’s fine if you just didn’t have it in you anymore. But that’s not courageous or being a hero. LOL

I agree with you on your above post SB7, probably most strongly with the Tanny statement. I have never thought to my self that Tanny cant get it done, i have just been in the camp of, he getting later in his career and he is at a point at which he should be in a second year. There is more that we should expect out of him, and i think this year has to be the year that we see marked improvement if we can be satisfied moving forward.

Not ALL short passes, I’m specifically talking about 3rd down passes. When you need 10 yards, don’t throw a 5 yard pass. You’re not trying to set anything up but another set of downs, or a TD, if possible.

I know in third and long situations they try to throw a short high percentage “safe” pass and just get back as much as they can in a lot of circumstances instead of pushing a throw downfield. Thats something that a lot of the NFL has started doing and its a bit cowardly i think. Its basically conceding a punt for the sake of not throwing a dangerous pass. I get the logic, but i think that football is to be played agressively and i think this safe not sorry play calling is for the birds.

No doubt, I see other teams do it too, it’s maddening. I don’t care about the other teams though, just ours, and it’s like giving up in my mind. The good teams don’t do that as much we do. We know we’ve struggled on 3rd downs, and that’s a big part of it.

I hear that. You have to execute your bread and butter plays whether it’s your run game, the short stuff and RPO. But yes you also have to throw 10+ yard passes and take some deep shots. When all of that is working you have your entire playbook and the defense can’t sell out on anything. For me it’s about executing all of them. When you run those short passes you need your receivers to get some chunk yards out of them from time to time so the defense has to respect it. I’ve seen us play-action with those as well, fake that short throw then look down the field. When you have it all working you have the defense on their heels.

Mike and D, we also need to start working our TEs into the passing game more so we have that element too.

• sb7mvp says:

I would like that too, given the investment we made this offseason, but I don’t have a lot of hope at this point given Gase’s heavy influence from Mike Martz who liked to ignore tight ends for the most part.

Well Julius Thomas in Denver and Martellus Bennett and Zach Miller in Chicago were productive with Gase’s offense.

Oh no doubt. I’m shocked with how little we’ve thrown to the TE’s. Derby had that nice TD, but otherwise it’s a handful of throws.

OK, make it two total. The Derby TD, and an 11 yard pass to Gesicki. That’s nuthin!

It’s still early but I would expect the TE role to expand in time. Our TEs are young so there is a trust factor that needs to happen as well.

The way we’ve been distributing the ball has been great actually, very even, but I would like to see the TE’s get more involved.

Another positive for this team to add to the list is the return on investment from most of our draft picks the last few years. It’s a great reversal from years past.

There’s a lot of things that seem to be coming together but it has to come to fruition. Our hope is as this team plays more games they build more chemistry and get sharper in all phases. So far our start has been pretty solid. But plenty of room to clean some things up.

• sb7mvp says:

Yup. Lots of positives, but also lots of room for improvement. We have a shot at the playoffs, but at this time I don’t see going far unless we do improve in those areas of need.

September 17, 2018 at 8:15 pm
    This is getting too deep into silliness already, but . . .

M – Do you really think Tim is/has been disrespectful to OD? Let’s get right to the heart of this, do you?

I’ll be disappointed if you do . . . I think Tim is pretty damn respectful of everyone here.
    —————-
    Look, SHORT-SHORT version (quote from “Space Balls”, when they are at the alter! LOL)

I made 3 observations about our team. Tim intercepted my 3rd point, and I felt he was laying into me for agreeing with Old Dolfan about our O-Line. Why not talk about my other 2 points? It’s okay to disagree, but FACT: there have been those who have been taking shots at Old Dolfan over the last calendar year for his opinions. That then became “ACCUSATORY” of others (yet, based on FACT), and I didn’t mention any names. It’s okay to disagree. Then I’m suddenly not making any sense. WHAT? I cited his huge, infamous spat with Old Dolfan. Now I’m piling on. WHAT? It’s okay to disagree. And it just went downhill from there. I thereby chose to exit the room before things got downright CRAZY.

To answer your question… “Do you really think Tim HAS been disrespectful to OD?”… I’m not the one to assign blame or take sides… but YES. “F”-words of hate were traded several months ago. I tried to smooth the mood with a kava joke, but Tim laid into me BAD after that.

I dearly LOVE both Tim and Old Dolfan! Both have been ever so kind to me, both have great football intel, and both are GENTLEMEN. I just didn’t care for the way Tim laid into me last night regarding my 3rd “things I think”, merely for agreeing with Old Dolfan about our O-Line, and the way he tried to steer the convo away from football and into personal stuff. That’s where things got a little unsightly.

As far as I’m concerned, today is a new day, all is good, and last night may as well have never happened. I wasn’t going to respond to this, Mike E, so as not to get back into it (I hope I’m NOT!). But I also didn’t want ya to think that I’m ignoring a direct and genuine question from you, either.

Mr. Campbell: I’m happy to know that you saw me both agreeing with you and sticking up for you.
    Tim: I’ve got ZERO beef with ya, Brother! If we never had any ‘fights’ (and let’s admit, this was a petty one!), I’d WONDER about you! LOL It’s okay to disagree!
    Mike E: I think everything is all good, buddy… at least from my side, and I hope from others. I don’t harbor resentments, and we are ALL very passionate about our opinions, of course!

OK, fair enough – No problem – I don’t recall this “throwdown” with Tim and OD, maybe I missed it, or maybe I ignored it. All is good.

‘Several months’ ago I felt OD insulted me with some comments and yes I did say fuck off because I wasn’t in a good mood and I was tired of be labeled if I didn’t agree with his assessments. I also apologized to him and you had nothing to do with that.

I moved on from that and have had conversations with OD since. But why did you feel the need to bring it back up yesterday cryptically I might add, and accuse myself and others -and who they are I have no idea, of piling on? Nothing was said the night after the Jets game as you claimed. That was the biggest issue I had with your comments.

None of this had anything to do with being free to agree or disagree, we all do that. And the OL concerns are not exclusive to you and OD. We’ve all been discussing it for years. My disagreement as well as others is the notion that we haven’t addressed the OL. There are only so many top quality OL you can acquire, it’s not easy. Go ahead and predict doom and gloom for the unit, I would prefer not to do that and discuss it when that actually happens. But even if we do suffer more injuries, it’s basically impossible to have starting caliber players backing up starting caliber players. That’s an opinion too.

Hi, my name is M13. And I HONESTLY have concerns about our O-Line going forward this season, with the loss of Josh Sitton, our STARTING LG. There are 14 more games to play in this grueling season, and I feel my concerns are substantiated when looking at the past.

No, the season is NOT over, rather, I’m merely voicing a concern… and perhaps it’s nothing.

I think the Dolphins didn’t ignore the O-line. I think they responsibly addressed it. They signed an All-Pro OG, who just got injured. Nothing you can do about that. I know some people didn’t like the Smythe pick, but remember he is basically another OL, just one who plays TE. I think it was Kong who said you can’t have 8 deep on the O-line, no team does, and I agree with that. We needed speed at LB, and the Baker pick was important too. Not sure how much more we could have done, or how we would have done. Sucks that Sitton is sittin, but it happens to every team.

Also keep in mind that Larsen is just getting back from an injury, so maybe he needs a little time to get back in the groove. He was supposed to be our starter last year until he tore his biceps muscle last year

I thought the same thing yesterday. Larsen played well for us last year. As did Sam Young when James went down and Davis moved to RG when Bushrod went down.

I just wish we’d have addressed the O-Line in the first 3 rounds (preferably in the 3rd round). But once Draft Day was on and poppin’, my guys were already off the board come round 3. Thus, I’m good.

I really can’t gripe about this last Draft (at least thus far… only time will tell how they pan out), and the Durham Smythe pick, IMO, was a HOMERUN PICK!

I would have went OL!
        But hey I build petroleum plants, not NFL franchises!

Even if we took an OG in RD 3, we both know he probably wouldn’t be ahead of Larsen. When do we ever hit that well on a 3rd RD OL? I can think of some failures, but no recent successes. Ya know we need a TE, and I know you’re thrilled it was Gesicki, so . . . Minkah might be our best 1st RD pick in a decade or more.

Wyo – Shhh, I’m on a roll here. 😉

September 18, 2018 at 3:36 pm
    ————–
    Yeah, man! I think you get what I’m sayin’. Once we got to the 3rd round, I didn’t see any OGs (or OG/Cs) worthy of taking that high.

I’m high on Jerome Baker at this point, too. Only thing I might have done differently? Instead of Baker, take Mason Rudolph.

And YES!!! I think Minkah is going to be STELLAR!!!

Wyo – You’re a lubricant facilitator!

You know speaking of that!
    I don’t know any plants that make oil based motor oil anymore!

Think of that on for a minute!

42. Rhino says:

Sorry I missed posting during Jets game. Had to watch it on my phone while working a booth at a local health fair 😦
    A look at several teams who will be on our schedule this year shows we might get a few more wins against teams we didn’t expect. Bills look like crap, Cincy and Indy aren’t as good as Tenn (imo)… on the other hand Chicago is looking like a tougher game. GB, Minn, Jax, and both NE games were always the difficult ones on the schedule. 10 wins is certainly realistic.

We least seem to have a team that can’t be overlooked on game day, but flip side is don’t think we can count any chicken before it hatches either. And that starts with the Raiders.

The last time before Sunday that “the Dolphins held a halftime lead of 20 points or more was Oct. 25, 2015 when they led Houston 41-0.” Think some of you remember that game….. who cared about the rain?

Very few rookie OL are ready to play right away in the NFL based on how college teams play. It’s been written about and discussed on TV and on the radio for years now. That’s why so many teams have OL issues. Mix that with the salary cap where teams have to pay some premium players at other positions and it’s really difficult to to build a good and deep OL. It’s a league wide issue, not just a Dolphins issue.

The Giants can’t even run their offense and they were expected to be a juggernaut offense this year. They went out and rebuilt their entire OL for the most part and it still sucks. Chemistry is a huge part of that. Will Hernandez who was taken #34 in the 2nd rd has been awful. So just taking OL in the first 3 rounds does not equate to being a solution.

Where do you think he emerged from?

September 18, 2018 at 1:28 pm
    If we continue to reduce the penalties throughout the season it justifies the moves to let go of the players they let go of
    ________________________________

IMO those moves have already been justified, Pouncey was always hurt and had limited practice, Look at our run D do we really miss misses Suh, I think Albert Wilson is an upgrade over Landry.
    as for the others…Bushrod…julious thomas…byron maxwell…timmons…good riddance!

Agree on Suh and the run D getting better. Suh was a fantastic athlete, but his push up every time moves created predictable holes. Our lesser DTs now just hold their ground and close the gaps.

Amendola and Grant are also part of replacing what we went to Landry time and time again for. The Pats never rely on one or two guys all day, they use everyone. Opposing defenses can’t just say take this guy and that guy away and we’re good. They just go to someone else. That’s what Gase is trying to build here. Multiple options and playmakers.

“IMO those moves have already been justified…”

Completely agree.

Well it justifies the rhetoric concerning locker room guys

FUCK YOU USA TODAY!!

If hotels didn’t give away your rag for free every morning you would be out of business!

Will Hernandez was one of my favorite OG’s in this draft

Me too but he’s not ready. Neither was Tunsil – he had his learning curve too. But teams have no time to develop these guys. Asiata might be good in a year or two. Jesse Davis was undrafted and bounced around a few teams but learned and kept working finally impressing our coaching staff in his 3rd year (last year) and being promoted and penciled in as a starting RG in his 4th season (this year). That’s the way it seems to go these days. There are lots of examples of this. There are also lots of examples of top rated draft prospects on the OL or any position never panning out. So that whole crap shoot thing comes into play.

Just saying get a guy in this round or that round is not necessarily the answer. I saw a bunch of former 1st and 2nd rd picks get released this offseason during cut day. It’s about performance and not draft grade. Gase tells his team that every year. I don’t care how you got here, it’s what you do now.

Didn’t know if you’ve heard yet?

I just went back and looked at our play by play the first two games and here are some things I noticed about how Gase has been playcalling.

We had 52 first down attempts through two games. 29 were run plays (But 6 of those were RPO runs by Tannehill) 23 were pass plays. 41 of those plays were out of the shot gun (run or pass)

Gase seems to want to mix it up on first down between pass and run. he does not run on first down more than pass. (He was dead equal if you count the RPO’s either way)

So I guess I should be rooting for the brownies on Thursday, but I would really love to see Landry continue losing, lol. His team losing and our team winning is the sweetest payback.

Nah… fuck that!! Division rival losses are way more important.

True that…..I’m trying to convince myself it’s the smart play, but I’m really enjoying that big ol goose egg under the Cleveland Landry’s win column lol.

OH GOD!! If MF13 posts something with three point MAKE SURE YOU COMMENT ON ALL THREE or there may be drama! Damn, maybe he didn’t feel strongly enough about the other two, maybe he agreed. There is no rule that says he has to respond to all or any of your posts.

September 18, 2018 at 3:48 pm
    …Nothing was said the night after the Jets game as you claimed…
    —————
    BOOM! I think we’ve discovered our larger point of contention from last night, Bro! I didn’t claim that anybody had said anything about Old Dolfan “after the Jets game”… not you, nor anyone else.

PLEASE let’s not revisit this, Tim. It’s all good, man. We’re bickering over peanuts what with translation lost over the written word on the internet. I either misconveyed or you misunderstood… and it’s all gravy, dude. 🙂

You said last night the day after the Jets game in one of your posts. Phish called you out on that too, he went back to see what you were referring to. It wasn’t there. I went back and looked and it wasn’t there. All I did was reply to your accusations, you started this, not me. I wasn’t saying anything that you referred to and I didn’t see anyone else say anything like that either.

I don’t care what anyone here says other than something completely vulgar and inappropriate, not ball busting stuff etc, vulgar and inappropriate. But if I think someone says something that is not accurate, I will speak my mind too if I choose to. I ignore a lot of stuff said here. You started a fight that didn’t have to happen.

M13, so a backup being a downgrade from a starter needs to be verified by someone in support of your opinion? I still have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about. Hmmm… how do you think depth charts are decided? You think this is some sort of in-depth vision you have that the actual coaches have no clue about?

Gase told Larsen why Sitton and Davis were viewed as starters over him. He and other coaches on offense felt they were better starters and he was better served as the versatile interior guy, It doesn’t mean Larsen sucks, they were just better as starters. Larsen was next man up at any of the three interior positions. Who do you expect to replace Sitton, Larry Allen? LOL

We signed Swanson TV Dinner to replace Larsen’s role. Why is this so sensitive for you?

It’s just a mere football opinion of mine… and as you’ve stated, NOT exclusive to either Old Dolfan or myself. I don’t think that qualifies as being “sensitive” on my part.

They could just draft the damn OL I say they should draft and everything would be fine. Chuck Long would have played 10 years at RT. Maurkice Pouncey would have played somewhere else and Khalil Mack would still be our starting center. Fidel DeCastro would be smoking a cigar while making multiple probowls at guard.

OD & M13 — you guys just need to sit down at a bar and share some drinks. 🙂

Larsen does suck. So there’s that.

What this world needs is a Judge Judy app for your fancy ass phone!

stanger,
    I watched Larsen when he played on a turrible OL in Chicago because all I get are NFC games. He also played on a turrible OL in Arizona. I’ve never felt he’s very good. He’s a backup. I can live with him as a swing guard but I don’t want him starting. Plus, he’s getting up there, and I won’t be surprised if he starts breaking down on a regular basis.

I answered all three points and was ignored. Now I’m mad.

would just under 1k yards, and 16 TDs with a 20ish ypc reception average constitute a big season in anyones opinion here? Thats what Stills is on track for right now, but it is early. I think thats a doable number to be honest, though that number of TD’s might be a stretch,

Grumpy old men and grumpier old men are great movies and I get a boner over Ann Murray and Sophia Loren every time….even if they are 80. Thankfully my boners only last about 30 seconds these days, so I doze off before it becomes a problem.

By the way… Pat Elflein the glorious C/G is where? Oh no, he got hurt? That’s why the Vikings traded for Brett Jones who couldn’t win a starting job with the Giants who suck on the OL. How does that happen? See what I mean. Good young players get hurt too.

Yes, injuries happen to O-Linemen… and it seems it happens to our team more often than not. Truth is, it happens to EVERY team, EVERY year. Are we adequately prepared? We’re only 2 games into a 16 game season, having already lost our starting LG.

My question to you is, how do you prepare for that? and didnt we prepare for that by having Larsen as our next man up?

Injuries ruin the best laid plans…. We had a plan, we achieved our goal, and an injury has us slightly in the defecit. It is what it is. You cant expect to have starters stacked 3 deep on the OL, you cant expect to avoid injuries. Thats a whole lotta mannage rolling around on the ground and into knees and ankles in the trenches.

That’s been my point the entire time. High draft picks don’t equal the ultimate solution. They get hurt too. So then what? Well I guess we should have drafted 3 deep at the position just incase we lose the top two. I mean come on! It’s absurd. How deep can you be?

You’ve claimed that Larsen, Davis, Young and Pouncey all played well last year but yet our OL sucked. How is that even possible? Lol

Lot of shuffling last year on the OL

Last year the OL played better down the stretch than it did early on. I did not claim that. I even said the OL wasn’t horrible last year even with shuffling guys around. The entire team had a shit season. I thought in prior years and early on in 2016 when Thomas, Turner and Douglas were all cut were horrible. Go look it up. 🙂

Tim and M13

This argument is exactly why the “haiku rule” was put into place

I’ve been reading your responses to each other the last couple of days and you are both way over the syllable count!

And Elflien…..the only OL I actually liked that year….played very well as a rookie. Injuries happen. It doesn’t make him a bad player. He’ll be in a probowl before he’s done….maybe even all pro.

Ok, I tried to lighten things up with some humor. So much for that. I’ll let you all return to your regular programming. Go Fins!

Well I think
    That a lot of O-lines will look bad against the Stej
    Yes I would have liked to add another young OL.
    I was always taught that if you don’t have an answer you haven’t thought about the problem long enough to complain about it?
    Ride or die now!

Tim will defend everything! It’s who he is!

That’s not true but you keep saying that. No worries though. I’m patient and when it’s not working I’m just as willing to move on as the rest of you. Somehow that always gets lost. LOL

70. 2 and Oh and the natives are restless, lol. Tough crowd, but bring on 3 and Oh, and let’s make ESPN and USA Today spit some crow feathers!

FWIW
    In the off-season before 17 I made a big stink about the need to draft LBs

Then we draft McMillan and signed Timmons and even traded for Anthony
    McMillan got injured
    Timmons went awol
    And Anthony never really showed much
    I didn’t blame the FO for that
    I just recognized we were fucked at LB

I really don’t understand this entire line of reopening what we did this offseason bc Sittin got injured (and both our tackles have hamstring issues)

I completely agree with Tim, with the exception that he has failed to state his argument in the form of a haiku

Injuries happen and hindsight is 20/20

72. Our defense reminds me of the killer bees defense, swarming , attacking, and creating turnovers.
    except this version seems bettter at run stops

73. And my freakin stocks sucked today, where are the buyers , SMH. I did great last week, but this week I’m giving it back to the faguzi Gods. IMO Market is overbought, and ripe for correction

Piggy, not sure what I cwill mepteltbagree means? LOL

75. My buddy called me, VKTX fell from 18 to 8, interested?
    I told him nope, I’m sure it will rally a couple bucks, but then it will be overbought again, and due for correction. It’s fine for folks that are looking for a short term gain, but my strategy is undervalued picks, not overvalued ones

76. Btw Sorry to hear Tops had a stroke, hope He’s doing ok .

September 18, 2018 at 6:03 pm
    ————-
    How deep can you be, you ask? Look at our D-Line, Bro. And I LOVE our D-Line, and the fact that we can rotate our players what with the depth we have there.

OUTSIDE OF THE BOX THOUGHT… will it ever become a thing to rotate O-Linemen… so as to keep them fresh?

I say, and with what I’ve stated above, a team had BETTER be DEEP on the O-Line. They are the big uglies who are more prone to concussions than ANY other unit in this game. It’s BRUTAL in the trenches as an O-Linemen… constantly facing freshly rotated D-Linemen opposite them.

It makes sense to be deep and rotate guys on the DL, they have to run more, but because you rotate them (meaning they all play) you can justify having that depth. On the OL, who can afford to have 3 starters on the bench not playing at all?

I’d bring Sam Young back to play OG.

Dude it’s football, now playing too long on the OL is a detriment? Lose two of our top DL and then what? You can’t build your roster based on what if we lose these guys. No team is deep enough to withstand that sort of stuff. Wish for the best and enjoy 2-0.

What if the Rams lose Suh and Donald? Who do they dial up? You think they can replace them? How about Gurley?

79. Everytime I curse at my TOPS stocks I think of Top Secret, lol
    I don’t have a problem with Top Secret, just pissed at his freakin stocks should be going up and they aren’t

If we lose 3-4 significant players at any position we need the next man up. It’s not just the OL.

Anyone watch the game last night? Russell Wilson has no time to do anything and he’s a mobile QB. He’s pitching the ball to guys trying to survive. He’s been sacked 12 times in 2 games and is being harassed multiple other times. He’s on pace to be sacked 96 times.

We all know he’s a gamer and a playmaking QB. Why are they 0-2?

81. My steeler buddy claims Rooney are happy with Tomlinson and crew, let’s see how long that happiness lasts? If they don’t get a W in Tampa this week,,,, things could turn ugly

September 18, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Boner talk is not likely to make you friends in general
    ———————————————
    Says the man who writes stories about exploring the anal cavities of jets QB’s with a gerbil?

We all know he’s a gamer and a playmaking QB. Why are they 0-2?
    —————————————————————————————–
    Because they lost both of their games to start the season.

^ jackass

I hope I didn’t offend you with PC culture that has absorbed me whatever that means. LOL

I always thought PC culture was no tolerance for jokes or ball busting that might be considered politically incorrect and/or insensitive, not light-hearted and JK/BB. Somehow that changed along the way from a conservative standpoint.

Yes M13, I’m being snide and sarcastic because I’m not sure if you’re for or against PC culture. “PC CULTURE… and you’re playing right along with it right now.”

No idea WTF that means!

We’re walking on eggshells folks. Don’t wake up the dreamers. They might be offended. SMH

The reason Miami has great depth at DL is because they haven’t overloaded depth at OL.

I need Piggy’s booze cabinet. I’m traveling and all I have is rum..

September 18, 2018 at 6:44 pm
    Dude it’s football, now playing too long on the OL is a detriment?…
    ———
    I did not say that playing too long on the OL was a detriment. As I stated, it was just an ‘outside the box’ thought. As this game we love is constantly changing, I wonder if we may see an equal-and-opposite change, in the way the game is played.

Innovation is inevitable when it comes to rule changes.

“At least on Offense, the O-Linemen don’t rotate. That means that they are more susceptible to fatigue and INJURY than ANY other unit on the Offense… or perhaps, the entire team, for that matter.”

So you never said this? Does anything you say mean anything? You’ve lost me completely!

mf13ss says:
    September 18, 2018 at 5:50 pm
    If the status quo is good by you, alright. That’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to it. I, on the other hand, see weaknesses that could be shored up… much like Adam Gase.
    —————————————
    Gase opted not to bring in more OL. So I guess you’re not much like Adam Gase. Maybe you were thinking Ben Gasei.

September 18, 2018 at 5:54 pm
    Stills, Parker, Wilson, Amendola, Grant, Drake, Geseki……. I’d take all six at 500+ yards receiving and not worry if not one of them broke 750.

Stats schmats, just win. If Ryan has a 2-1 or 3-1 td to int ratio…

Dont ever remember a year before where I didnt say, get that guy off the field. I haven’t said it yet this year. Whether it’s bad DL getting run all over or LBs and CBs that cant tackle or cover, or an RB that cant run or WRs that cant get open…

If I was coach/GM/Owner, I would bring in more topless cheerleaders.

I hope CLE wins, but Landry catches no passes.

• Unlikely for either, lol. Browns are bums, and Landry is typically prolific and playing well for the browns with a career best 14.6 YPC

Looking at Jarvis’ stats so far, after two games… I’m going to give him until mid-season before he has a total MELTDOWN.

He’s got a BIG BONER right now, that the Brownies traded Josh Gordon (MORE for ME, Jarvis ME!!!). But once they sign another WR (inevitable, IMO), he’s going to go bonkers.

Right you are David. That’s because Landry is NOT playing for a head coach who likes to call a 4-yard pass play when it’s 3rd and 9, AND THEN BLAMES THE RECEIVER!!

I guess this is what I will root for. or maybe a tie. As good as a loss, and keeps both teams out of the win column.

90. Landry was pissed after playing his ass off for 4 years on a rookie contract, Fins wouldn’t pay Him.
    And dealt to Cleveland, damn, I bet most of us would bitch getting shafted on payday and shipped to mistake on the lake for 4 years of outstanding service.
    I’m ready to move forward after this deal, but I can’t defend it, Landry a superstar whether We like it or not

91. Landry had 9 TDs for Miami last year, and I don’t recall any, hey let’s send em to Cleveland after anyone of them. It just wasn’t part of the plan, but instead a result of events that defy explanation for some. He’s not a Fin now, so I no longer rot for Him, he’s fucked on a 0-1-1 team instead of basking in South Beach with 2-0.
    Life knocks You down, You have to get back up, everytime

92. But write this shit down, lol IF Miami is too cheap to pay Fitzpatrick after 4 years, I’m turning in my fan card, cause We have to hang onto these kind of players IMO

I think you may have missed a LOT, David, as it concerns Jarvis Landry. He’s not what we had once thought he was.

• I understand many people are upset he bad mouthed Miami after they cheated him out of payday and sent him to browns. But in no way does this impugn his talents and accomplishments. It was never part of the plan, was it? Just use the shit out of minimum wage players until payday, then ship em to NFL hell?

OD – Even 1 topless cheerleader would be more, yes?

94. Rhino says:

Not sure what caused the “haiku” format for arguments… but I LIKE IT !! lol
    I read a few of them last week and had flashbacks to survey Lit classes. 🙂

I insisted on haiku format so that the arguments on this blog in 2018 dinstinguish themselves from the arguments of years past

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    September 18, 2018 at 7:50 pm
    —————
    Welcome to the NFL, Bro. It’s just another BIG BIZ. And that’s why there is a Players’ Union, agents, and lawyers.

• I understand the business can be brutal, seen it before.
      As all fans I want the best for our team, and hope for it.
      Everyone talks of Suh, Pouncey, and Landry gone, and how We are doing ok without them.
      But not many talk of Suh and Pouncey made ENORMOUS millions of dollars, and we gave Landry minimum wage! We had NO problem giving the drug dealer Pouncey, and our insanely overpriced DL tens of million of dollars, but the diminutive WR busting ass and scoring TDs gets comparative chicken shit money, averaging LESS than 10 percent of Suh and Pouncey moneu
      It is what it is, but I swear if I was Landry I’d be pissed off he got cheated on his money

PHELON: QUESTION for you below your 6:57 post.
    ————–
    Hey TIM: At 9:23 this morning you seemed to imply that I indicated “He (Khalil Mack) wasn’t some kind of gem that only they (the Raiders) knew about.”
    Actually, Tim, that’s not even close to what I said.
    Here, in fact, is what I DID SAY:
    1) I watched Mack dominate FAU when Mack’s U. of Buffalo team upset FAU in Boca Raton.
    2) The Dolphins did NOT have a scout at that game as was their policy at the time.
    3) The Raiders DID have a scout at that game who gave extremely high marks about Mack.
    And you were right when you said Mack was a top 5 talent by the time draft say took place (about 7-8 months after the BUFFALO @ FAU game).

The SAD PART is that Miami’s management didn’t think enough of Mack or this game to send one of their scouts only 30 miles up I-95 to evaluate the talent. Indeed, the fact that Mack was a top talent supports my long held belief that Miami’s “DOOFUS BRIGADE” has kept this franchise from being even better because of decisions like this. This same policy led the Fins NOT to consider either T.Y. Hilton or Alfred Morris both of whom played within 30 miles of Ireland’s office and were scooped up by the Colts and Redskins, respectively. Instead of harvesting local talent, Ross’s boys were too busy making humongous mistakes by using multiple picks on the likes of Jordan and Carroo and a certain running back who proved to be a bust. Mistakes like these are symptomatic of a scouting department that is not performing well enough to produce a legitimate Super Bowl contender. And, in fact, in year #10 of the Steve Ross Era, Miami is not now, and never has been, a legitimate Super Bowl contender, as their 65-81 record over the past 9 years under Ross proves.

So, please. Tim, go right ahead and rip me all you want for what I actually say. I consider disagreeing with you to be a major plus, not a minus.

While some may continually praise Ross’s leadership group (A.K.A. the “DOOFUS BRIGADE”), I will continue to hold out for an owner who can MAKE THE DOLPHINS GREAT AGAIN!. And 65-81 isn’t my idea of GREAT AGAIN!!

OD

Mack was the 5th pick in the 2014 draft
      He was picked way before the Dolphins picked – scout or not, the guy was going too 5 and way out of range for us

We never had a shot at him and he was hardly a secret

We picked 19 that year
      And guess which position we picked

Yep you guessed it – OT juwan James

Btw we took Landry in the 2nd that year and went OL again I the 3rd drafting Billy Turner

Landry was a great pick
        Turner – nope

In hindsight Trae Turner who was picked a little later would have been a better pick

But I do recall people celebrating the turner pick around here

Nope. I’m totally off base. See how this works. LOL

I guess this is piling on. Bad intel is simply opinion and facts are not part of the reality. That’s where we are.

You can say things that are off base, but as long as you say them it’s fine regardless of facts. It’s an impossible discussion.

97. OD, I too have often wondered why we seemingly ignore our backyard talent, but the lions share of the brain dead picks was done when the walking disaster Ireland was here. Our picks aren’t perfect, but incredibly better than before, so I have hope! The Minkah Fitzpatrick pick could turn out to be one of our best picks ever imo

98. IMO the team, and the talent has improved since Ireland left. He was horrible! 3 picks for a slow RB no loner here and 3 picks for Carroo! I won’t even mention the Jordan mistake, oops, just did. There were many others, but trying to forget, lol I’m happy where We are headed now!

Maybe we can make Phish and OD happy????? 😉

Pff OL grades

Minkah Fitzpatrick is trademarking the term “Fitzmagic” that they are calling Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I am happy. Being negative seems like a lot of work. It’s OD that hates Miami’s leadership like InCognito hates sports cars and morticians.

Kornheiser asked “who us Minkah Fitzpatrick?” and Wilbon didn’t know

Miami is 3.5 point favorites against the Raiders

THEY ARE ALREADY beating the drums about the Monday Night game between the Bucs and the Stealers here in Tampa Bay.
    I, of course, would rather see the Fins!

So much for 2 game stat’s???????????

107. 3 weeks ago ESPN said Miami would be one of the worst teams in the NFL after losing Suh, Pouncey, and the intern WR who got fired and incarcerated..
    We are obviously not the worst at 2-0, lol fuck off ESPN

Is that Incognito’s dad’s head he wanted to cut off he’s playing catch with? Too soon?

109. The Dolphins defense through 2 games is first in the NFL at opponents QB rating, 56.6
    Allowing only 1 TD pass and 5 interceptions is a big part of this stat, and our 2-0 record.
    When RT fumbled around the 12 yard line, Howard saves the game with a timely interception.
    We are 2-0 because of team play, and players making plays within the team concept

110. MF, the love the ballhawks dude, lol Be sure to call out Miamis ballhawks bro, tied for first in interceptions with 5, gotta luv it! 😎 BTW Minkah is due for a pick 6 IMO

111. Of course We can’t ignore our rushing defense,
    Miamis rushing defense is third in the NFL at opponents YPC at 3.3

112. Dolphins offense is 6th in rushing, and Miami (RT) has the 7th highest QB rating

113. I can’t wait til We are 3-0 and the national “experts ” start saying more shit. Fins most overrated undefeated team left, blah blah blah, lol
    It’s great because this team keeps proving them wrong, and is a much better team this year than they thought. I don’t worry what others say, just happy They are wrong

114. Also getting RT back is a big reason for our improvement from 2017.
    Cutler and Moore didn’t have what We needed

Oops! Ryan Taennehill is now 9-1 in his last 10 starts with Gase. That fucks up everything. LOL

Nobody wants to recognize that on the national stage but the stat is real. Yes it’s a fact. Sorry haters. 😉

• True that, Watching RT throw that laser strike to Derby showed Me RT has a big league arm. What an impressive toss! He had perfect footwork, good time, and delivers a missile that only Derby could catch!

No he didn’t and it’s not all about QBs – teams win games except when it comes to Tannehill. There are so many clueless pundits out there that can’t give the guy credit. One loss for them will be back to see I told you so. As if 9-2 and 2-1 will be the end all. Just make the playoffs and shut the idiots up. This is the NFL and winning and losing are always hard fought games.

Go beat the Raiders. If not go beat the Pats. I see us as no less than 3-1 after the next 2 games. Even 2-2 is okay if you can rebound and get to 3-2. If we lose 3 in a row that’s a different story. I don’t see it but call me crazy. LOL

Go Phins!!!!

For years we watched Ryan not ready for prime time, the same things I saw from Darnold and Trubisky in week 2. I think Ryan has turned the corner. If you can throw short safe passes accurately and win, then continue doing that.

Every Ryan drop back against the jets. Looks like the cheats offense, with none of his passes close to being intercepted.

David: i too loved MOST of Landrys time here in Miami, he was a scrappy play to the whistle guy even when he did not have the ball in his hands.. BUT he too often could not/ would not turn it off after whistle which hurt us a lot.. as for his exit; We offered him VERY good money to stay 13+M / year .. HE chose to sell out to highest bidder… and the little i have seen Of what seems like Browns games being shoved down our throats, is that he still pipes off and costs them yardage with Dumb after the whistle shit .. congrats Cleveland have fun we are doing Just Fine ..

is your last name Morton? You’re being pretty salty lately. lol

Steve – Thanks for the dropbacks video, that was excellent. Also confirmed to me a couple of things.

Wilson is an upgrade over Landry

I freak’n hate when i look down at the keyboard type a long post and look up only to find the caps lock button on!

makes me want to bust this keyboard!

September 18, 2018 at 11:15 pm
    _________________________________________

That’s great going back 2 years ago when we had a run game however in the 2 games this year especially against the Jets tannehill wasn’t lighting up the scoreboard, he turned the ball over and only had 160 yards passing, i would think the win has more to do with the Defense and running game than Tannehill.

I hope he can put it together and start having some successful games, so far he leaves a little to be desired.

I do like Tanny on the RPO’s though.

September 18, 2018 at 8:17 pm

Landry was a great pick
    Turner – nope

But I do recall people celebrating the turner pick around here
    ——————————————————-
    I was one of the few (i do believe there ere a couple more) that disliked Turner, i watched him at senior bowl, even watched a couple practices that year and really didnt think they hype around him was warranted.

I remember that draft rally well because i wanted us to go OL OL back to back, OT first and i got the guy i wanted the in James, my top OG for us was Gabe Jackson. I can remember arguing with Tim over his fit for our OL, and have very few in agreement other than MikeE. We took Landry in the second and bt how the draft laid out, it would have been a slight overdraft to have picked Jackson there, so i cant complain that at least the pick was a good one. Now Jackson was still on the board when we picked in the Third because we had traded upo, ironically with the team that wound up taking Jackson. I thought it was for Gabe, i was really excited and then got pissed when it was Turner. Hell i liked a Turner for us if we didnt get Jackson it was just Trai Turner not Billy.

I know that they were looking at Billy Turner as this guy with great potential, possibly could take over at OT but could fill in at OG until, but i never saw whatever they did. He was strong, and bullish but didnt have good feet, bad technique, etc. Our scouts whiffed on that one.

ocalarob says:
    September 19, 2018 at 10:10 am

Wilson is an upgrade over Landry
    —————————————–
    I didnt agree with that statement before the season started, but it is true.

sb7mvp says:
    September 19, 2018 at 8:19 am

is your last name Morton? You’re being pretty salty lately. lol
    ——————————————————-
    Probably been hanging around with Mikey and his friends Rock Dirt and Sand and you know if you hand around with Sand it gets everywhere.

Ill be honest im not recognizing 9-1 in last 10 starts. I dont think a streak you had going in 2016, with more than a season layoff is at all relevant to current. Way i see it is the team is 2-0 with Tanny. Im not looking past those stats to find anything that can make the situation look any better or worse.

It’s a positive outlook, and a statement that says Tannehill turned the corner at that point. I agree with it, and hope it continues.

That’s the team’s record with Tannehill and Gase in our last 10 games. Yes this is a new season, but it is a real stat. People throw out stats like this all the time for other players.

NEW BLOG UP!

Guess what guys!? The miami dolphins have a top 10 QB. To those who said we would not / could not win without a top ten guy, well we have him.

# 5 in completion percentage
    # 8 in passer rating
    #10 in touch downs thrown
    #12 in average per pass
    # 7 in passes over 40 yards (tied with Big Rape)

Now he needs to keep on track and allow the rest of the team to win games.

Probably been hanging around with Mikey and his friends Rock Dirt and Sand
    Don’t forget Boulder! He is just a much bigger rock!