2018 Season – Game 3 – Raiders @ Dolphins

2 and oh!  No misprint here, The Dolphins are 2-0.  They went into NJ to visit the NY Jets at MetLife Stadium, and came away with an impressive victory.  The Jets had thoroughly dismantled the Detroit Lions in Detroit the previous week, 48-17, and they looked pretty damn good doing it too. Don’t let anyone take away or diminish this victory.  The Dolphins were far from flawless, but this unit looks so much more like a T-E-A-M than it has in some time.  I know, it’s easy to say that after 2 wins, and there’s some truth to that, how they respond to adversity will be key as well, but at the moment, there don’t seem to be any “ME!” players.

The team is listening to Adam Gase, and they definitely seem to be more disciplined.  The Dolphins fumbled 3 times in the game, Tannehill had 2, and more on that . . .   The strip sack where Tannehill fumbled, I am now positive that he DID NOT SEE Jamal Adams beat Mike Gesicki and he was just casually rolling out when Adams got by Gesicki for the sack.  I know some have said Tannehill looks slower, lost a step or two, but I don’t really see that.  What I think Tannehill has lost is some of his cutting ability, but his straight-line speed is there.  It’s also possible he improves in this area as he gets more comfortable and trusts his knee more and more in time.

2 Penalties in the game.  Discipline.  I couldn’t be happier with the production of that D-line.  If you think I miss Suh or Godchaux following Suh’s lead jumping offsides, I freaking don’t!  If you think I miss Jarvis Landry and his patented first down gestures (I do a little bit) I don’t miss the LOOK AT ME stuff.  It’s still early in the season, but after 2 games, Adam Gase seems to have shaped the roster with his guys, and it seems to be working.  Good on him.

We were all worried about the defense, the D-line, the LB’s, and the CB’s too, because Cordrea Tankersley seems to have regressed this season, and was inactive.  So far, it’s all working.  The D-line in particular sans Suh has been better than advertised, make that much better!  Talk about T-E-A-M, this unit personifies this.  Everyone is in the action and contributing.  Godchaux (6 TKL, 3 AST), Phillips (1 TAK, 1 AST, 1 SACK), Spence (4 TKL, 3 AST), Taylor (5 TKL, 2 AST),  Hayes (2 TKL, 1 SACK).  We’ve only registered 3 sacks, and 2 of them are by the DT’s, Robert Quinn has the other.  Safe to say if this DL play continues, Suh will not be tweeting in this direction in ’18, unless maybe to say I’m sorry, and I was wrong.

Back to the CB’s.  We haven’t played a team that is deep with WR talent.  The Titans have Rishard Matthews and Corey Davis, and Matthews is still hurting.  The Jets have Quincy Enunwa and Robbie Anderson, along with Terrelle Pryor, and then Jermaine Kearse who just returned from injury.  Neither WR group is impressive, so our CB’s haven’t been truly tested yet.  That changes a bit when da Raiders come to town.  Amari Cooper had a down year last season, but he’s started much faster this season, and he already has 11 receptions.  Jordy Nelson is a big talented veteran receiver and Martavis Bryant who came over from the Steelers is another bigger receiver who is a big play threat with great speed.  The Raiders also have TE Jared Cook who has started off very fast this season, so our secondary may play a huge role in this game.  That, and the pass rush.  We have to get to Derek Carr and make him uncomfortable.  He’s been uncomfortable most of the time, and that’s why he’s struggling, but if he’s allowed to sit back there, he will make us pay.

In the secondary, it will be interesting to see if Cordrea Tankersley is active, I think he’ll have to be.  Minkah’s snap count will probably increase as well, especially if we limit Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin in the run game.  If we force them to pass, there will be plenty of 3, 4 and maybe even 5 receiver sets.  Jared Cook is a dangerous receiver who has given us trouble before when he was with the Titans, and then also with the Rams.  Our secondary may be tested, and once again, if the run defense does it’s job, we’ll need more pass rush from Quinn, Wake, Harris and Hayes, as well as the DT’s.

The Raiders are scoring only 16 PPG, and have given up 26.5 PPG.  Small sample of course, but they have struggled so far.  You can almost flip the stats for our Dolphins, scoring 23.5 PPG and allowing only 16.  If we can keep that up against the Raiders, we should be 3-0, but . . .   The Raiders are desperate after plunking down the $100M contract for Head Coach Jon Gruden, and they will be desperate for a win, and also consider all the people who do the power rankings, how much it must be killing them for the Dolphins to be anywhere past #17 in the NFL.

I think we continue what we’ve been doing on offense, the combo of Drake and Gore has been effective, Gore really bailed us out on that 3rd and 19 play.  Neither back has topped the 100 YD mark, but the sharing is working.  I would imagine Devante Parker will see his first action this Sunday, as reports stated he was OK to play last week against the Jets.  We’ve spread the ball around so well, I wouldn’t expect Parker in the lineup changing that much at all.  I’d like to see Gesicki and Derby get more involved in the pass game, especially Gesicki, but we may have to be patient in that regard.  I think once Tannehill develops that trust that is so essential, and they understand each other, and learn what each other wants and can do, I think that Gesicki will start getting more passes thrown his way.

MIA 30 – OAK 19

2,597 Responses to 2018 Season – Game 3 – Raiders @ Dolphins

Perhaps the Dolphins are ready to shock the world and win their first AFC East title since 2008. Either way, three games have only been played, and it is way too early to say the Patriots dynasty is over.
    ——————————-
    I call bull scat!!!!!!
    It is way PAST time for that shit in NE to be finished!!!!!!!!!!

From the link above

I was just browsing a Pats blog. Most of them are calling Bellicheks head. Must angst going on in NE.

SB – Did you see my message? I’m on a plane so will be dropping off for a bit.

When both your boys are playing!

SB – About getting my email from Mike E should I be able to facilitate any introductions in the DC area as I have connections in both the government and the contracting industry.

6. Rhino says:

Obviously, I’m late to the “shock” about the Pats loss. I wonder how much it had to do with Lions’ coach knowing so much about Pats offense.
    No matter, it’s hard to win the first three against ANY NFL teams. We get the Pats head to head. I hope the team is hungry for a 3 game lead. 😉

7. Krishna says:

From the first minute and a half of the game, I was nervous, then, 3 and out. Then, another. Nothing until 2nd quarter. It will cost us games if we can’t EVER start fast.

Then, the refs decided to get into the game. I didn’t get the O penalties ending the half….wtf! We had points taken away….so pissed. Then, started with 3rd quarter bs. Again, wtf?!

RT has some wheels and connected beautifully with Stills and Parker….Gesicki getting in there. It adds another dimension, along with Amendola, Wilson, and Grant….oh my!!!

Defense has speed…it’s so noticeable, ,, DBs, Xman. Made adjustments on jordy at halftime. Lead/tied for most interception.

I could go on, but wait for Mike E. to put it all together. ☺ so thankful!

Tough game v NE, but we can do this while they are discombobulated at the moment.

Jahn

Kenny stills actually did get hurt on that play
    It doesn’t sound like a major injury

JUST A FEW more comments garnered from being at the game yesterday;
    1) Drake and Gore ran for a combined 15 yards yesterday!! The running game has gotten measurably WORSE since Sitton started sittin’. Many at the stadium were BOOING Gase’s play calling in the third quarter. Thankfully, he eventually opened up the playbook–to his credit–and Miami was on their way to 3-0.
    2) THE RAIDERS PAID THE PRICE for being in the SUN side of the stadium in the second half while Miami was in the shade. This started way back in the Orange Bowl when, similarly, the Dolphins befitted from being in the shade while the visitors had to wear dark jerseys and sit in the sun. Joe Robbie made a point of keeping this format when the new stadium was built. –THE RAIDERS looked totally gassed on Miami’s last touchdown with 2 minutes to go as they didn’t even try to catch that white clad Dolphin sprinting down the field!!
    (That should read “Dolphins BENEFITTED”)
    3) RYAN TANNEHILL looked sensational from my seat on the 29-yard line. Most of his long passes were right on the money!!
    4) CREATIVE PLAYCALLING is the key to beating the Patriots this Sunday. NO MORE 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8, PLEEZE!!!
    5) FINALLY, IT IS WITH GREAT PRIDE THAT I CAN REPORT that Miami’s fans were as loud as I’ve ever heard them since the Fins moved to Miami Gardens in 1987!! The group of mostly young kids directly behind me helped hold up my huge Dolphins’ BANNER, which is about 4 feet by 6 feet, after every big Miami play!! The noise was DEAFENING!!!!

When we beat the Pats on Sunday we will be THREE GAMES ahead of them in the standings after four games……

GO STEALERS*!!!
    BEAT THE BUCS!!!

I don’t like Stills the person. Wants to be cool.

Sorry MF13….

GO BUCKS! CRUSH THE STEALERS!

ALL GOOD! I just want all of the undefeated teams to go down… except for US, of course!

Ahhh, didn’t even think about them being undefeated because they are NFC.

I root for the Dolphins and against all other AFC teams.

I’m right there with ya, Rockphin. Ordinarily, I ALWAYS root for the NFC team against an AFC team. I just want to see ALL of the undefeated teams go down, to protect our legacy of the ’72 Phins.

Kong Mia 27-24
    Naples Mia 62-16 (adjusted for Hayes injury)
    Piggy Mia 27-20
    Rock Mia 33 – 17

And ESPN you better cease and desist with the Fitzmagic shit. That is OUR fitz’s

Kong Mia 27-24
    Naples Mia 62-16 (adjusted for Hayes injury)
    Piggy Mia 27-20
    Rock Mia 33 – 17
    WYO MIA 17-13

I think it’s too early to say the running game got worse. The Raider went all,in on stopping the run. And paid the price. The Wilson 74 yard TD was essentially a running play, as was Grant’s first TD. If you ad those numbers to the stats, the run game was fine.

NO IT WASN’T. The numbers don’t lie. But, hey, if you want to call a pass a run, I say go for it. Since Sitton’s injury, Miami’s average run per attempt has gone down substantially.

The squeelers look like they took a page out of the Pet’s playbook!

Tampa’s defense FLYING around!

If Miami is a good team, they should beat the Pats next week.

Okay, on to the next flight.

VANCE MCDONLD!!! WOW!!!

Posterized!!!!!!!!!!

It’s like I bought their jerseys or something

A salty tear falls down Piggy’s cheek

Hey Jarvis! Tell me all about who is the better QB again?
    41 / 84 48.8% 5.5ave 63.7Rat
    54 / 74 73% 9.3ave 121.8Rat

HMMMMMMMMMM who is who?

olddolphan says:
    September 24, 2018 at 8:40 pm
    ————-
    Whatever. Shovel pass is no different than a lateral (you remember those….you’re old,right?). They’ve had two games since Sitton went down, one good on the run one not. Two games does not make a trend. Either way. I’m sure Ross and the failure to draft pro bowl OL has something to do with it. That and it’s not 1972. BTW – Is it hard being so negative all the time? Asking for a friend.

Another WALL collision in the back of the endzone. GEEZ!

Don’t tell me momentum doesn’t count!
    That stiff arm totally changed the game!

Stealers* have come alive!!!

Poor Landry. He got paid, but he’ll never be a champion.

I can’t get excited about the Steelers or the Bucs.

This game has become a FLAG FEST. WOW

Fuck me. On a plane with some dude on his phone talking about God speaking to him about business. I hope h doesn’t try to save me while we are in the air.

And yet ANOTHER INT of Fitzpatrick!

Ok If your going to get 15 yards for 2 handed touch!
    Make them count!!!!!!

This is the Fitzmagic we’re used to!!!!!!

And yet ANOTHER INT of Fitzpatrick, again!!!

MIKE EVANS… man, is he ever good!

With all the roughing the passer penalties tonight, they somehow missed Artie Burns on the long completed pass commit D holding, PI, horse collar and facemask.

I think I saw roughing the passer on that FG

This roughing the passer crap is so out of hand. The NFL has yet another problem on their hands.

The Stealers* are quickly running away with this game! Big Rape is doing VERY well.

The pathetic thing about these roughing the passer calls is that they keep trying to tell us it’s about player safety. That’s BS. It’s about money. They’ve let QBs stay on the field after questionable concussion stuff because they don’t want QBs out of the game for a number of years. It’s about money….not player safety. It’s really about QB safety only when it keeps them on the field and the cash registers cha-chinging. It’s not football. They may as well give the QBs flags to wear and be done with it.

50. If Bucs lose tonight, a distinct possibility since they are down 20 at the half, then there will only be 3 undefeated teams left.
    Miami Dolphins
    LA Rams,
    KC Chiefs

51. Bud Dupree is a bad ass, I was hoping We would draft Him, big playmaking lb, but We selected Devante Parker instead, Sigh,,,

Steve,
    The QB stuff isn’t about concussion lawsuits. The NFL saw a chance to protect their moneymakers and benefit the offense at the same time because they believe moron fans love scoring. Every rule change they make or decide to enforce benefits the offense. All this tackling stuff may have started because of the concussion lawsuits, but it’s morphed from there.

54. ukfinfan says:

Cav and the Mrs. @ the game?

55. ukfinfan says:

I hadn’t seen the two Clay Matthews hits until last night on MNF and I was fast-forwarding the game over breakfast so didn’t listen to the comms, but was the injury to Hayes discussed in amongst the “no hitting the QB anymore” conversation?

I get that there aren’t enough good QBs to go round and make each team competitive, but this problem has been caused by the NFL forcing teams into passing and now they are making bad legislation to offset previous bad legislation. I actually prefer watching good D to anything else. Still, when did the NFL ever listen to fans. Only $ speak.

56. ukfinfan says:

No fan of the Dolphins in their right mind would start counting chickens after seeing us fall apart for more seasons than I care to count, but there is this.

57. ukfinfan says:

• naplesfan2010 says:

???? Is this run by ppl we know UK?

• ukfinfan says:

No idea Naples – can’t read the article as I’m not in the US and can’t be bothered getting a US vpn but I know there are beer lovers on here (including myself) and I think Stanger is in or close to FL. Could be a future venue for a fest night. No links to Jahndoh that I know of!

Too bad Steelers won last night it would have been nice to see them fall further behind

Just for you Tim! 😉

we’re walking into a hornets nest on Sunday, we need to stay focused, I’m sure this NE team will be very well prepared, I think Bellechick disciplines these guys with tough practices, you can bet they will be hungry.
    the good news is we’re playing in foxboro in sept, it’s always a huge disadvantage when we have to play in the freezing cold of december up there.

• Rhino says:

agreed. and we want to avoid any type of weather that might require a snow plow. 🙂

I think the Fins are feeling that a “moment” is at hand and there are a lot of young, hungry guys on this team that want to ‘beat the historic team’.

As weird as it seems, stopping the run and making Pats throw it is suddenly a sound strategy!

• ocalarob says:

I think Brady has a lack of talent at WR, Detroit was doubling Gronk the whole game, not sure we can afford to do that with Gordon coming into the fold.

We need Rashad Jones back for this game!

it would appear to me that NE’s run D is weak, we need to give them a heavy dose of Gore.

64. Rhino says:

At 1-2 the Pats are #6 in Power Rankings. lol

If the Fins beat them by 30 this weekend, the Pats will probably move UP to #4, cuz, you know, old narratives are hard to give up.

Trey Flowers and Chung were in concussion protocol last week, I bet he’ll be ready to go Sunday along with Josh Gordon, good news is i think edelman will still be suspended this week.

66. Rhino says:

Read something last week (regarding new rules to make QB a ‘non-contact’ position lol)
    that the avg. QBR for all QBs in week 2 was higher than the top QBR for last season.
    Marino and Elway in this era would make Brees, Rodgers, and Brady 6th round FFB picks. 🙂
    Passing records no longer mean a damn thing.

Rashad Jones should be ready to go against the Pats

I think there’s a difference from landing on a QB vs driving him into the ground with your weight, Matthews sack was legit, not sure how you can call that a penalty.

I agree….. landing on the guy you tackle is a natural part of it. Penalty should be for driving into the ground.

• BailBondMike says:

I totally agree Rob. They were already calling that in the last couple of years re: driving them into the ground but this shit with landing on them is just f-ing stupid. Who are these fucks on the competition committee anyway?

Guy from USA Today must be a Jets or Pats fan. He seems very frustrated. That was a very snide remark about us going 19-0

I’m sure a common Q for the power rankers this week was “how low can you put a 3-0 team?” For a lot of them answer seemed to be #10, but how about this entry from Sporting News….. almost scary.
    —————————–
    6. Miami Dolphins 3-0 (last week: 20)

Adam Gase has silenced all the critics who questioned the team’s personnel turnover in the offseason. Their variety of playmakers has come through with Ryan Tannehill offering control.

If I’m a defensive coach I’d have to tell the team to not worry about the 15 yards and just make sure the QB can’t throw it the next play!
    If they are going to call it anyway you might as well make it count!

74. BailBondMike says:

Wyoming, based on what you just showed is that the Pats only win was at home against a 0-3 team with the second to worst pass defense. Hmmmmmmmmmm….and they are where in the power rankings? SMH

We have to go up to NE every year. The only difference is we’re not usually 3-0 and they’re not usually1-2 when we do.

A lot of safety rules come with unintended consequences. If I’m a DE and can’t land on the QB, might choose to launch at him instead. Won’t be on top of him after it is over, and man is that gonna be one big impact.

It really sucks that these absurd NFL rules forces us have these discussions daily. It’s so bad that everyone is against it and the NFL knows it.

Also all these knew QB records being broken weekly are because of a lot of these rules. There is no comparing the game today to even the one 20 years ago. Before then it was like a totally different game.

You didn’t pass over the middle with Lott and Polamalu back there head hunting!!!

“He’s super frustrated with it. You can see at the end of the game how they ended the game double-covering him, pressing him off the line. He just wants to get the ball in his hands and make plays. But you just can’t do it when nobody else is getting open. You can’t have single coverage on Rob if no one else can beat single coverage.”

— Gronk’s brother Chris (who played 3 years in the NFL)

The flip flopping these pundits do about the Dolphins is because they “predicted” them to be bad and the Dolphins are making them look like they don’t know what they’re talking about so they’re scrambling for excuses. I love it!

NE is slow on both sides of the ball. Not just slow, really-really-really slow. RB who have nowhere near the speed that Miami’s have are making it to the edge on NE repeatedly. Their corners are slow. Their LB are slow. Offensively, Gronk is the only legit weapon they have. You can coach a lot of things, but you can’t coach speed. I feel a 4-0 ass whoopin’ coming on.

If we play a relatively clean game, don’t stop ourselves and the officials don’t do their best to slow us down, we can win this game.

pFT has Miami at 5 in their power rankings, CBS at 10.

We are 7 point dogs on Sunday right now. Have to think been a long time since we were that low at Foxborough.

Miami goes into NE and beats them, it will destroy them and their fans. Neither are used to real adversity. Fans are already calling for Belichek to be fired, Brady pouts, Gronk is one step from retirement, and players are still pissed about the Butler benching.

It still makes me smile that Grant had to slow down for the high five!

It was almost like Grant felt that was the opportunity for the race between two players who claims to be the fastest on the team. LOL

Result, they are both really fast. So is Stills.

????????????????????????????????

Looking forward to the game against NE this week. I want to see how we show up against them.

the refs should be able to distinguish between willful and wanting to try to hurt a QB vs just trying to bring him to the ground, that was not the case with the matthews sack, it seems like the refs are robots, any landing on the QB will result in a penalty, they are unable to distinguish and use common sense between the two acts.

Wake and Quinn should bring a pillow on the field just in case they get to Brady!

DOLPHINS (3-0) 7
    Previous rank: No. 17

The Dolphins have earned this spot, whether you believe in them or not. Ryan Tannehill has played excellent football for three weeks running, highlighted by a 17-of-23 effort with 289 yards and three touchdowns against the Raiders. No picks, either. Don’t forget Albert Wilson’s turn at quarterback. The defense was as shaky as it’s been thus far, but the unit made up for it by creating two turnovers, one of which sealed the win. Concern? Inconsistency in the run game. Miami must be effective on the ground to be more than a wild-card one-and-done.

Um, wild card? we are Division leaders baby.

Maybe defenses will be allowed to use nets to safely capture the QB and then humanely set them back on their feet. Yeah that’s the ticket! LOL

But last thing you want is your sack erased and have a new down 15 yards the other way. Have a feeling we are gonna start seeing some “hug and holds.” Could even see a DE just lifting the QB up off his feet until the whistle.

What they should do if they’re going to keep this nonsense going is make in the grasp more immediate. That will not help how these rushers go about getting to the QB using speed but once you kind of have grasp of the QB the play is over and it’s a sack. The QB no longer gets to escape it. Can’t have it both ways.

Tannehill is “in the grasp” on this play….wearing the Defenseman like a cape

What Tim said is what’s going to have to happen. QB’s like Big Ben won’t like that rule, but it’s not fair to the defense to say you can’t tackle the QB, and then one week you play a guy like Ben Roethlisberger, who just doesn’t go down, so you really have to be physical with him. They’re just going to have to blow the whistle, and once the QB is in the grasp, the play is dead.

It’s all about the safety of the QB so make it about that and stop ruining good defense. The defender gets there the officials should know the QB is going to get drilled so blow the whistle even before contact and the defender can begin to slow up or dive away without contorting himself and it’s called a safety sack. It sucks but that’s the only way.

NFL has announced a new required uniform for QBs starting next week.

Man, the Titans are in QB trouble. Mariota has an injured elbow, Gabbert is concussed. They released Logan Woodside, so they signed veteran QB Austin Davis

Joe Schad
    ‏Verified account @schadjoe
    3m3 minutes ago
    Miami Dolphins terminated contract of LS Lucas Gravelle. Former Dolphin Thomas Duarte let go by Chargers.

Joe Schad
    ‏Verified account @schadjoe
    5m5 minutes ago
    Miami Dolphins waived WR Tanner McEvoy

I have a feeling we won’t be calling Kendall Langford. I think they want some younger vet help, like Ealy. Maybe we do sign both Ealy and Malveaux.

LOL @ Tim

I just released Jimmy G in FF and picked up……..?

I did that earlier, and I bet you picked up Tannehill like I did. 🙂

You betcha! 🙂

I also have to deal with what’s going on with Aaron Rodgers.

LOL – I have Russel Wilson, but even though Stanger doesn’t approve of backup FF QB’s, I want one anyway. lol

We have to have two QBs on our roster. That’s how our league is set up. 2 QB, 4 RB, 6 WR/TE, 2 K and 2 DEF. We’ve discussed other roster options but we feel the talent pool gets too thin if you allow teams to hoard too much talent at some positions. This keeps it more balanced with everyone having to abide by the same roster breakdowns.

Actually, I put in a waiver request, I don’t have Tannehill yet, but that was my hope. We’ll see if anyone grabs him before me. I doubt it, unless someone had Mariota.

It’s great when you have the fastest TD of the week and another teammate runs faster on the same play

106. naplesfan2010 says:

dang
    cutting McEvoy is a disastrous move
    I hope the FO see the error of their move and bring him back asap
    This is the problem with Tannenbaum!!!!!!!

Apparently we’ve added Linebacker Martel Spaight for injured Chase Allen. Never heard of him.

Tim – I like that idea with the rosters. Our league there are no such rules, and we play 1 QB, 2 RB’s, 3 WR’s, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF. No flex option.

That’s the conclusion we came too and it’s the same one we’ve been using since we started the league 30 years ago. We only start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K and 1 DEF. 16 man roster and the same depth on your bench.

We win we can start thinking division title, we lose and the cheats are right back in it.

Did we ever think this was going to be easy? Just stay in the hunt and have a shot at the playoffs at the end and control your own destiny is what I’m hoping for.

No its’ not!
      It’s a division game that are always tough!
      Especially away!!!!!!!

It’s a new season, with different teams!

WE are what our record says!

If we lose in NE, guess what????

We are a 3-1 team that lost away to a division rival!!!!!!

I’m surprised we haven’t signed a DE to replace William Hayes yet. I mean, the sooner we get somebody in here, the sooner he’ll be up to speed for us against the Patsies*.

Looks like Cameron Malveaux may/will be signed to our PS, Kony Ealy left without signing, and it may be Wednesday before anything happens. I see Terrance Fede is still out there as a FA… he’s not so far removed from our team to be able to suit up on Sunday.

They may bring Malveaux up to the bigs!

I’d be very good with that, but Barry Jackson stated that he’s likely going to be signed to our PS. I guess we’ll see what happens, man!

We got a guy on the practice squad, something like Woodard. It only makes sense to bring him up this week to play, then sign someone else ASAP and have him play next week. This is Harris’ big chance, and I expect he’ll play a lot Sunday. 2/3 + 2/3 + 2/3 is all Quinn Wake and Harris will have to play, if no one gets hurt. That’s not asking too much, but add in a 4th guy and or/and a DT and it can reduce the snaps down more.

what’s the deal with Early??????
    He hasn’t been able to stick??????

Jonathan Woodard had an awesome Pre-season!

Bring him up!

Ninja pig uncovered this behind enemy lines

Spence was ejected for a horse shit reason. He was the victim of unnecessary roughness but then offered up the helmet that was knocked off as to pass it on as an OAK OL went by and that guy acted like Spence assaulted him with it like when a hockey player takes an acting fall. It was such BS. Spence was on the ground. Go check it out.

That game looked like it was officiated to keep Gruden relevant. But our razzle dazzle speed on offense blew their doors off. We beat both the Raiders and the officials in that game. 🙂

It looked to me like he struck at him with the helmet, hence the ejection. But I only watched the replay once during the game, and I never even considered the perspective you gave. I’m going to have to take another look. The way that game was officiated, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to find out that was a bad call too.

Something isn’t right with Ealy. He was a 2nd rd draft pick, has been productive, traded for, cut and released by a couple of teams. He has physical talent, I’m thinking it’s attitude.

118. Agreed the soence ejection was totally unwarranted. I’ve seen far worse not even get a flag

119. You know what is differant, even special about this blog, and Miami fans?

WE are the ONLY one that believes in Miami.
    The rest of the nation must be jealous, because all I hear is garbage like, yea, great start for a 3-13 season, easy cheduke, got lucky, sun was in their eyes, but not Miami,s, 8th in power rankings behind garbage teams that have 2 losses or a loss and a tie,
    they have to be jealous, or ignorant, likely both!

The Rams and Chiefs are ranked 1 and 2, why? Because they have the same record as Miami,
    3-0
    The national so called experts are in denial, Miami is making their preseason predictions look foolish, so they are doubling down on ignorance, hoping it pays off down the road.

120. Everyone here is more knowledgeable than the national experts I’ve checked out. They are clueless what kind of team We have,
    We flew under the radar and they are shocked, and gagging on South Beach crow feathers because they claimed a month ago We had the worst team in the NFL

121. I’m calling out NFL.COm and ESPN.Com first and foremost even though there are other moronic experts out there.
    The reason I single these 2 out is because WTF these 2 are deep pocketed huge corporations, with teams, computers, resources We don’t have, and somenthat even some of the smaller media sources don’t have.
    So there is no excuse, for NFL.com to not know the league has 32 teams, not 31 like they thought.
    Not only that, the mystery 32 team is in South FL, they may have heard of that if Not Miami.

And to ignore the 3-0 record, when they fawn like teenage boys sneaking into a titty bar over the 3-0 records of the Rams and chiefs, and ignore the mystery teams same record of 3-0, defies any logical explanation.
    Same for ESPN, who at least knew there was a team in Miami, but they are the worst?
    How can experts with tons of resources, fuck up so horribly? Even grade schoolers know what undefeated means, SMH

122. pS, I’ve been drinking at a bar, and had to do my lil soap box go off, Ya know, right a few wrongs, lmao.
    I sure Hope I didn’t offend anyone here, instead I was congratulating everyone for their superior knowledge than the so called professionals.
    Great job everyone! We look like geniuses next to the NFL and ESPN morons!

123. Whew, I better give others a chance to post something, lol
    That was a helluva soap box tirade, lmao, at least it was funny if Your drinking

124. I saw more news coverage of Rams and saints have MALE cheerleaders now, than the Fins are beating everyone.
    We are the NFL Rodney Dangerfields, even cheerleader news coverage beats us out

Nostalgia

NJ\NY posters
    We may be able to watch the Dolphins on local tv this Sunday

Yes!!! As of now it is listed as being on in our area. Why because we’re 3-0 and it’s the Pats facing something the league isn’t used to.

Piggy, thanks for making me look it up. 🙂

Ninja Piggy with the intel
        (Piggy throws a fart bomb on the ground and disappears in a cloud of fart)

David is tearing up the national haters. Even the Miami beat writers have had a crow sandwich. LOL

• O how I wish I could meet these sad excuses of vegetable brains and debate them about Miami. Although it would be zero challenge, it would be nice to shut their fat mouths up for a cockninnybsecond, and try to get their vegetated brains to realize that WE are a team to beat, no one has yet! Deal with it patsissies and inflatablensheep team lovers

This team is tougher than people think and faster and more skilled than anyone wants us to be. 🙂

Could we lose in NE? Of course!!! They have been the monsters of our division and in the league for over a decade. Okay so we’ll be 3-1. Whoa… that’s the end of the world. NOT!!!

Even if we lose this weekend we’ll still be a top the division at the end of the week’s games. 🙂

If we win, it gets scary for a lot of people. LOL

• The better team will win, that should be US. I expect NE to be pissed and desperate, if we jump em quick in the first quarter, frustration will take over, and fans will go home early like they did a decade ago

It was a full ten years ago that the “wildcat” was unleashed.

129. I’d like to see Fitzpatrick return some punts and kickoffs, but it’s not up to Me.
    Not that Grant can’t excel ther, He does, but it’s becoming obvious Grant will be getting much more targets on offense now, and besides, we need to get Minkah jacked up, We haven’t seen His best yet IMO
    He will return kicks and punts to the house given a chance

there was a segment tonight on PTI, who is favored to win Miami or NE? both Kornhieser and Wilbon started laughing, Korny said Who is Adam Gase? I don’t recall him being in a superbowl and Wilbon said they can only win if they bring back shulla csonka ….etc…..

What was Belichick in CLE as a first time HC for 5 years? Oh right 36-44. Gase is currently 19-16. Suck it!!!! LOL

So this is where Ryan Tannehill stands as a QB in the league after 3 games.
    Comp. pct. 73.0 4th
    YPA 9.28 4th
    TD/INT 7-2 (hard to find the ranking on this stat but he’s ranked high here at +5)
    Passer Rating 4th 121.8

This isn’t about being a homer, just take it for what it is at this time. It’s good stuff. We all know it can change. Enjoy the ride! 🙂

One more point, if Tom Brady does any of this and gets the ball into his playmakers hands and they catch and run it’s all glorious. He will never be the passer that Dan Marino was. NEVER!!!!!!! Not even close. He’s been the most systematic QB of all time.

Thank Gase for starting to figure out how to play in today’s game. Marino would destroy the game the way it’s played today. Oh wait… you can’t touch me or my receivers? How about 75 TD passes in a season? LOL

NEW BLOG UP!