2018 Season – Game 7 – Lions @ Dolphins – Fest Week!

This coming Sunday is not only another inter-conference matchup with the Dolphins facing another NFC North team in the Chicago Bears, it’s also the Fest game.  Dolphins fans coming from various parts of Florida, east coast, west coast, Canada, I mean this is epic.  I thought it was going to be ugly this past weekend, I will freely admit that, and that was before it was announced that Tannehill was out, and Brock Osweiler was in.  As it turned out, that may have been a good thing, because although I don’t believe that Osweiler is our answer at QB for this year and beyond, he undeniably brought a different mentality to the team, and the team responded.  How long this will last remains to be seen.  I strongly feel that Osweiler should Sunday against the Lions.  Over 400 yards passing, 31 points on the scoreboard, 3 TD passes (2 INT’s), and a big win when we really needed it.

It was a crazy game, and there was never a  scenario in my mind where we put up 31 points on the Bears, who sported a top 2 defense in every category.  They averaged 4.5 sacks per game through the first 5 games.  Much credit must be given to Adam Gase for figuring out a way to neutralize that, along with the O-line, and the QB Osweiler.  It’s also crazy that I feel our defense played pretty well, all the while allowing 28 points.  The turnover battle was even, we threw 2 INT’s and lost a fumble, we snared 1 INT and forced and recovered 2 fumbles.

Gore was tearing it up yesterday, he made his biggest impact so far this season with 15 carries for 101 yards for a heady 6.7 YPC.  Amendola settled into the “Landry” role, catching the short passes and trying to make the most of them.  Forget “Landry” though, it’s Albert Wilson who electrified this game.  He catches some of the same passes that “Landry” used to end with 8 or 9 yards and get brought down, but Wilson takes those for 50 + yards a pop.  Wilson and Amendola make “Landry” obsolete, so his name shall no longer be spoken here.

What a great pickup TE Nick O-leary has been.  Guy just comes in and plays football.  Need me to block, you got it!  Need me to catch it, you got it!  He’s pushing Gesicki down the chart, but this kid deserves it.  Kiko Alonso is playing great this year.  Doesn’t mean he still doesn’t have his weaknesses, but the things he can do he has been doing very well.  Kiko is probably going to top 130 tackles, he has 3 FF’s, 1 FR, and 2 INT’s.  Playmaker!  Reshad Jones seem to make a few big plays each game.   Even if he’s not actually getting the INT, he’s creating them.  Vincent Taylor hustling with a motor like a 440 six-pack!  That boy tracked down Trubisky and took him down!  Lots of things on defense that give you plenty of hope, and some that don’t.  McTyer was exposed yesterday.  It’s going to happen.  Let’s hope good ole Bobby McCain gets better quick.

Matt Patricia’s Lions are 2-3 in the NFC North, and this has not been a great season so far for QB Matt Stafford.  Usually, Stafford is one of the better QB’s statistically, but not this year.  The Lions have their own version of thunder and lightning, Kerryon Johnson is the lightning, LeGarrette Blount is the thunder. They basically have a 50/50 split in carries so far, Johnson averaging an impressive 5.7 YPC and Blount 2.5 YAACOD (2.5 yards and a cloud of dust).  The Lions have 3 WR’s that are dangerous, Marvin Jones, Kenny Golladay and Golden Tate.  Jones is like what Parker should have been here, Golladay is closer to Stills, and Tate is like their Albert Wilson. Their former TE Eric Ebron is now killing it in Indy with Andrew Luck.

As I mentioned earlier, I’d prefer to see Brock Osweiler start.  Here’s why.  I say this with no disrespect to Ryan Tannehill, but I feel like we need to run our offense very carefully in order for him to succeed, and I didn’t see any of that with Osweiler.  Not that he was a gunslinger throwing footballs all over Hard Rock, but it just seemed more free, less tense, and much less careful.  It’s just what I saw.  Osweiler looked calm, and in control.  He wasn’t perfect, he won’t be, but there was a different element I haven’t seen with this offense, something intangible.  Tannehill is probably not going to be much better, so it should be easy to just say Ryan isn’t ready, so we’re going with Brock.  See what happens.  If Brock flops, it’s just as easy to say the following week that Ryan is ready.  If Brock plays well, no fan will mind if he remains the QB, we’ve seen what Ryan Tannehill can do, nothing wrong with going an alternative, especially if we’re winning.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone this week, and I hope the game can match the fun we’re going to have all week.

Oh, BTW, we’re 4-2, tied for 1st place in the AFC East.  Who woulda thunk?

1,775 Responses to 2018 Season – Game 7 – Lions @ Dolphins – Fest Week!

Without the turnovers on defense last week we get blown out. This defense isn’t that good or there yet. It just isn’t. Our offense is very inconsistent. We’re a middle of the road team peeps. Yes Randy, I said it. LOL

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    October 21, 2018 at 4:50 pm
    So we couldn’t sign Landry, because of all the other mistakes, yes,that’s their responsibility, and they screwed up. All the money wasted on Pouncey and Tannehill and some others was enough to pay for 4-5 Landrys
    At some point in time we have to stop screwing up, so we don’t have to intentionally screwup to fix past screw ups.
    Landry would have played every game, and earned his money. The dead money we are paying for won’t help the team at all, those players are already gone and can’t possibly help
    ——————–
    If you’d like to look at it that way (and I don’t necessarily disagree)… yes, Mike Tannenbaum has screwed our team up, BADLY.

But I’m also tellin’ ya… Jarvis wasn’t the answer, either.

I just stuffed 9 Dolphins ball caps and for jerseys from Zach Thomas Dan Marino Jason Taylor and Ryan Tannehill in the trash can I’m done with this team and everything to do with it good luck to you all it was nice knowing you

Yes the great Landry/Mayfield lead Browns are 2-4-1. Typo on my part. If only we had those two we’d be a juggernaut team. LOL

This league is drenched in parity. Only a hand full of teams are above that. We are the worst 4-3 team in the league yet we are 4-3. 😉

5. Our WR are talented, but none of them are very physical, and we only have 3 left. We may have to look for a free agent WR on a short week 🙁

David,

Landry costs $15 mill a year and has the 30th best yardage, He has two TDs which is terrible. for that price. When you mentioned dead money and never having enough for top tier players, that’s Jarvis Landry. Al Wilson has two more TDs and almost as many yards…for over $10 mill less a year.

• Landry outperformed Wilson today, and will next week too IMO. And sometimes Wilson was almost invisible in other games. I’m not going to argue we didn’t save money, we did. But I said I don’t care if Ross saves money or not,
      I just don’t like the idea of bringing in a high priced free agent on a short week, that doesn’t solve any problems, it creates more

Just for some clarity, the Super Bowl champs are 3-4. Yentaville… continue. LOL

8. Our number one problem right now is defense though. We won’t ever win again until We actually play some good defense, today was a clinic on how not to play defense

9. ElephantRider says:

Rock

You can send those jerseys to me.

Rock you can go get those Marino, Thomas and Taylor jerseys out of the trash and send to me! 😁

This is the first game the defense has stunk it up. It was and still is the strength of the team. They had a bad game. Howard was really bad today, but that’s completely uncharacteristic. Alonzo was playing well but had a couple of bad coverages that cost us. McMillan wasn’t doing well at all. Baker had good and bad plays. DT s were getting penetration but they schemed to use that against us. Our pass rush wasn’t very effective today. Secondary was out of whack. McCain didn’t look 100%. Again just a weak defensive game and a good offensive scheme plan against us.

Offense wasn’t bad it just wasn’t explosive enough to come back and match a 32 points by their offense.

4-3is where I thought we would be after this week, I just though last week was a L and this week a W. I hate it we lost on a fest weekend, but I’m not desparing.

We’re truly not any better than a 4-3 team. Our on paper roster to start the season is not the same as we are now and we are an up and down team. Keep fighting. Fans throwing in the towel after every loss is pretty funny though. LOL

12. ElephantRider says:

So….

If Wilson is out for a bit, do they still trade Parker?

I do. Bring up Ford!

Tale of the tape,
    29 rushes for 208 yards by the Lions RBs.

16 rushes for 101 yards by fins rbs and one of our 101 yards was 51 yard gain, so we gained 50 yards on all the rest of the runs.

that is a losing formula

David C (@DolphinsSB52) says:
    October 21, 2018 at 5:28 pm
    …Wilson isn’t as physical and durable, and will be out for awhile, but Ross is saving money until the free agent comes in a day or two, then savings are toast
    —————-
    David, methinks you don’t yet understand, Brah. Steve Ross is NOT saving any kind of money when it comes to roster $pending. Every team must ‘shoe-horn’ 53 players [more specifically, top-46 (or whatever it is now) $$$ players] under the current cap number, man.

And as I understand the last CBA, EVERY TEAM must spend a MINIMUM of 91% of the current cap number (*I don’t yet know if that pertains to EVERY year of the current CBA). This helps to prevent teams from tanking a season in order to get the next best player via the Draft. In other words, a team can’t have the payroll of the Cleveland Indians in the movie “Major League”.

Hey, Mr. Campbell and I have certain problems with Steve Ross as our owner… but what you are talking about has NOTHING to do with the money Ross spends on our roster… or any other owner, for that matter.

I’m just trying to get you to understand how the salary cap works in the NFL, Brah.

• I got it, but also understand I don’t give a shit about Ross money. And the cap is mismanaged so we can’t retain talent IMO.
      Btw
      I was happy to see Ross spend hundred s of millions to revamp the stadium, it’s not my money, lol I’m actually happy he spent it, and the stadium needed it

I like how Matt Patricia took over this Lion team, he got blount and drafted Johnson, smart man, he know he has to impose his will on other teams to win as he did today to us

ORob, so you think if we kept running it we win? That’s not the game I watched today. We got outplayed and our defense was a dud today. Yes or no?

• IMO, We didn’t block very well for the run today, certainly not as good as we blocked last week

• ocalarob says:

yes it was because they were on the field way too long, the Lions were the running team, they ran all over us, Stafford passed the ball 22 times and the ran 35 times.

fins passed 31 times and ran 19 times.

an unbalanced offense with a back-up QB, play calling sucks

Disappointing game. Great fest. Can’t wait till the next one. Props to all those who made it possible

18. We will have to address the Wilson injury problem though, and it won’t be easy, there aren’t any free agent Wilsons or Landry types out there, and if there were they would not be cap friendly.
    We will likely bring in someone cheap 🙁 How good he will be is anybody’s guess.
    But what to do about our defense, we can’t really make many roster changes or bring anyone in, the guys we have have to step it up, and I mean big time, today’s defense was pathetic

• ElephantRider says:

Bring up from PS. That’s the MO of this staff and I like it. I want to see what Ford can do out there.

And for giggles LC3!

19. ElephantRider says:

But but but….we have Brock!!

I thought he played well today. Despite all his deep balls being underthrown or not thrown soon enough. That’s something that should get better if he keeps playing tho.

October 21, 2018 at 6:23 pm
    Outside of Drake’s big 54 yard TD run – Gore 10-29, Drake 5-18, Wilson 2-4 and Oweiler 1-2. Yeah that’s the ticket. Run the ball more. The Lions stuffed us all day.
    ————
    Indeed! And the Lions entered the game as the #30 run-Defense.

With that stated , I think we should continue to pick up UDFAs as our backup O-Linemen. Ya know… because our starting O-Linemen were SO sturdy.

Rock send the jerseys to Herd so she has some laundry to do during the game

Nuttin like a Fest. What a feeling. Thanks to all.

I know the fest folks would have enjoyed a win today but I’m sure they had a great time anyway.

October 21, 2018 at 7:26 pm
    I would love to see you as GM and then have to deal with injuries so your perfection could be understood as your favorite players who are no longer in the league continue to not be in the league. Humility is a good character trait. Just saying. 😉
    —————
    WOAH! LOL 😉

I never claimed perfection, now! 🙂

The Fest was awesome, I am amazed at how everyone just effortlessly interacts and it is such a fun group.

I, of course have to take the blame for the loss.

JUST BACK FROM THE FEST GAME; A few random thoughts.
    1) Lions had 8 possessions today and scored on SEVEN of them!!
    2) For the 17th consecutive game, Adam Gase’s offense failed to score a single point on their first offensive possession!! This is, BY FAR, the longest such streak in the entire NFL!!
    3) I did not catch the exact number of yards but I believe the Lions ran for about 240-250 yards. The last time the Lions ran for this many yards was in 1997, in a game I attended in Miami, when Barry Sanders ran for 216 yards by himself.
    4) It appeared that both Wilson and Stills suffered significant injuries today. If both are out of Thursday’s game, Miami will have to promote a receiver from the taxi squad and hope no other WR’s get hurt in the next game. Our WR strength just became a weakness.
    5) GASE had his mandatory 3 yard pass today on 3rd and 8 in the 1st quarter. NOW, do we blame Tannehill or Landry for that?????? Gase, of course, gets a free pass from the chicken-shit media on that during the post game interview that I heard on WQAM. The brainless one also called a hand-off to Gore (good for one yard) on 3rd and 17 in the first quarter.
    6) Remember when fans were laughing at Matt Patricia when the Lions lost two early games??–Then he beat his old boss, Belicheat, and all of a sudden he’s a genius! Patricia surely learned a lot about how to beat the Dolphins in his many years as Cheatriots Defensive coordinator. Today, he thoroughly out coached Gase and jumped out to a quick 10-0 lead. I’m going to blame too much KOOL-AID as the reason for picking Miami to win this contest!!! I shoulda’ known better!
    7) There was a lot of complaining by Miami fans about the officiating today. Some of it was deserved. But Detroit had 2 TD’s called back on penalties, so it wasn’t completely one-sided. The officials did not beat Miami today. Place the fault on a piss-poor defensive effort!!
    8) All things considered, Osweiler had a decent day. His pass protection wasn’t as good as last week (and he was sacked 4 times, I believe) and, except for one big play by Drake, Miami had no running game to speak of. Osweiler’s pocket presence continues to be better than Tanny’s.
    ——————–
    ON THE OTHER HAND, THE FEST WAS TERRIFIC!!!
    Dave and Buster’s get together on Saturday Night was wonderful. Renewing friendships is what it is all about, and YOUNG STANGER’s planning and arrangements were absolutely spot on!! In particular, I want to give a shout out to KEN, who has overcome adversity and brought back the true HULK!!! Another shout out to PIGGY, who gave me a good pool lesson! It was TERRIFIC all the way around to see all the smiling happy faces!

CHEF WARREN’s spread of food was, again, awesome during the SUNDAY game day tailgating. And KEN was THE MAN who was the “communications director,” calling all of us who were driving in our own vehicles and guiding us to the E-23 location for all the party-goers. As usual, Mr. STANGER’s arrangements were impeccable. And his seating arrangements were the best ever, in my opinion. Just a first class job all around. I hope to see MANY MORE OF YOU at next year’s FEST!

MIKe E; It was also great to see you and your lovely wife at the Fest, along with so many other great folks!–Mike, you seem to get YOUNGER every year! Maybe cranking out all those appreciated articles helps to keep you young!

30. Hate to say it but being a fan of this team is a complete and total waste of time

PROF LOU; The number one reason for this franchise’s unprecedented 10-year run of failure is the owner, Steve Ross. The Head Coaches and GM’s he’s hired/retained/extended have ranged from below average to horrid—and his W-L record reflects that. While a new owner won’t guarantee success, I’d take my chances with a new owner at the drop of a hat. Simply put, Ross’s real estate genius has NOT carried over into the highly competitive field of NFL ownership. He’s been the worst owner in Dolphins’ history.

4-3 was where we were last year at this time, I just hope we don’t go 2-7 the rest of the way like we did last year, this year it looks as if the top 4 teams are the Rams, Pats, KC and N.O,’s

Gase doesn’t understand how to win in the NFL, he is a pass oriented coach who regards the running game a distant second.
    we will be doomed if this isn’t changed.

Is Gases job in jeopardy if he finishes at or below.500 and doesnt make the post season???

where’s Jim Harbaugh????

Wilson has a hip injury, it is significant, he’s out at least two weeks could be the rest of the year.

Sounds like an agent setting his client up for a trade. But, if Gase truly isn’t playing guys who are healthy and ready to go, that can’t be going over well in the locker room.
    ***
    Bad loss at home yesterday. Detroit is not a very good team. The defense looked well overmatched.

Son, I just E-mailed you some pictures from the Fest to share with the blog. Sent them to your Johndibi address.

Safe and quick flights today for everyone. Right now one airline is really trying to make sure one certain plane gets off on time.

I am all in on a regime change as of yesterday. Burn it fucking down. Burn it all down. Let the new GM pick the new HC and let them both pick the new QB. I am actually hoping we lose out the rest of the season now so the new regime will have higher picks to work with.

BURN IT DOWN!

GASE MUST GO
    BURKE MUST GO
    LOGGAINS MUST GO!!!

BURN IT DOWN!

More accurate image of the Hulk

Stanger : Fest photo was Darlenes phone, we attempted to forward possibly Ken has a copy… will try to forward to grous now

Cool — thought someone didn’t know taking the pic a great sign of what a family we have become. In the old days would be 3 or 4 of the significant others all taking the group pics. Now they want to be in it….. and sure does make for a better looking pic. 🙂

• manitobafinfan says:

Ken,and Mike should now have and be able to share/forward,… Most contacts including Stanger are on my Dead Cell

Awesome Toba. You wear a bunch of Fest hats well…. including Chief Photographic Chronicler. Takes a village to raise a Fest.

• manitobafinfan says:

Once I get home I will forward a greatest hits collection to admins to do with as they wish… If anyone does not want their faces seen let me know and I/we will limit exposures

M13, I should have refrained from making my comments. I thought you were getting a bit preachy. I actually was less annoyed with the loss to the Lions and more about some of the comments I was reading here and that’s why I bailed. I apologize and it read worse than I really meant it to be.

I just find it silly that every time this team loses a game it’s some type of organizational screw up. Look at the Jaguars who many people thought were one of the best teams in the AFC. They have lost 4 of their last 5, there is turmoil in the locker room and they benched Bortles who they just gave an extension to. This NFL season is quite bizarre.

We’re a middle of the road team. The defense without getting turnovers allows teams to march up and down the field way too often. I’m not sure how good anyone expected this team to be but yesterday showed me that we’re not there yet. We can be competitive but now we know why we were dogs in our own building yesterday. The line makers had it right. We’ll see where we go from here but we don’t look like a playoff team to me at this time.

ocalarob says:
    October 22, 2018 at 8:30 am

—————————————–
    IMO, no. Gase has his three years set up well. He had has first year of success, followed by a stinker but one he can blame not having his QB for. So he got a pass, this year he can blame it on Tanny and a combination of Tanny not being up to speed after extended time off and getting injured. I think they will give him another pass IF he changes QB’s which should also buy him one more year for having a new QB.

If Philbin got 4 years, Gase will certainly get 5. I do think that it will mean he will have to make a QB move though to get the additional 2.

Parker was held out most likely because they have some trade offers lined up and they were wanting to make sure he didn’t come out there, trip over a pebble and be out for the rest of the year where he would have to get paid for this year and next and get nothing for him. Dont know that we will get the trade done, but smartest move if we are trying to get a deal done would be to hold him out of games until then.

Our system mirrors the Pats and its pretty similar to KC. The major difference is the QB’s and the fact that Gase isnt nearly as accomplished a game planner or play caller as Belichick or Reid. I think the Rams and NO are actually more pass oriented than we are, they just play ahead on the scoreboard more in the game and dont have as many 3 an outs as we do which inflate their running numbers, still if you run 16 times out of 38 total plays or 30 times out of 70 plays you are still running the ball about 42% of the time, the fact you ran 30 times is just because you had more offensive snaps you were still calling the same number of runs per snap.

Holy crap Rae Carruth was released from prison. I thought he was in for life.

So Wilson’s injury is a hip issue. He could miss significant time. Ugh!!!

Probably should wait until we’re under .500 before starting the burn it down fire. He hasn’t shown he could do it yet, but Gase could have an epiphany and turn it around still.

49. ElephantRider says:

Just beat Houston and go from there. Get that monkey off our back.

When / if Gase can start scoring on our opening drives he can stay. Otherwise, get him gone! I am so tired of not being able to score in the first quarter. The team comes out flat and unprepared every game. Doesn’t matter who the QB is or the RB or how healthy the O line is we cannot score in the first 3 drives. Now I don’t know if Gase scripts his first 10-15 plays or not like a lot of coaches do, but if he does he needs to put the script together during his week of preparation and then tear it up Sunday morning because he sucks. He tries (and consistently fails) to outsmart his opponents. Huh? This is typically a running down? I will be tricky and pass….

The Wide Nine Defense is an invitation for offenses to gash our small LB’s for YUGE runs by having our DE’s line up outside the hash marks and out DT’s line up 8 yards apart. Show me an offensive line that cannot block a 225lb linebacker and two 300lb DT’s with 4 guys. Dump the damn wide 9 already and get rid of the “I think I’m smarter than you” offense.

Gase must go.

Even with the DE’s lined up wide we cannot set the edge either so just dump the scheme!

The Eagles run the wide 9 with similar sized LBs and they are 2nd against the run. We missed too many tackles yesterday and we did a bad job on outside runs. Not sure why being the Lions love to run outside and it seemed like we didn’t know it was coming. Bad day for the defense.

October 22, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Holy crap Rae Carruth was released from prison. I thought he was in for life.
    —————————————-
    Alot of prison systems are letting people out after they have served at least half of their sentence, though there are some loopholes, like if they were serving consecutive sentences, etc. Sometimes they also still have to go through the parole system to be approved to be let out, but not always.

They are doing this for crowding reasons.

Actually i just checked and he served the mandantory 18 and was let out. He had an 18-24 sentence. Its still probably a crowding thing, so he served his minimum and he was a good prisoner, out ya go.

I just always thought he was in for life so I was surprised he was released.

What he did was so brutal and his reason for doing it was so evil, he probably should have gotten life, but i guess he didnt.

Wide 9 isnt our problem, the problem is is our LB are 2/3 rookies.

We probably should have pulled TJ in shallow and had him act like a 4th LB, but we were getting burned in the secondary too. We just completely failed as a defensein that game. The Lions executed better and had a better game plan.

This is not spam WordPress:

Wilson is getting checked out by a specialist, but his hip labrum injury is gonna keep him out at least some weeks and could mean IR if real bad. Stills injured his groin in the 4th Q, which seems to make him unlikely for Thursday. Wonder if Parker’s agent’s declaration of war went out before or after the injuries. Cause we sure need him to get playing time against the Texans.

The reality of the situation is we are 4-3, did anyone think we were going undefeated? I’m not ready to throw in the towel by no means. Good teams start playing better late November and thru Dec.
    I hope to be 5-3 at the midway point which is pretty decent.

WTF??????????????

I would have Traded them Parker and a 2nd, thats what i said the other day. A first is a fair price for a team who is still in the hunt and really needs WR’s. Dallas was also one of my target teams for trading Parker and i would have taken a 3rd for him.

Raiders are definately burning it down and rebuilding with Grudens peeps

We have several WR’s we can bring up from our PS, and there are several good options out there on other PS’s so there is talent to bring in, but i dont think they can replace Wilson with any of them. Thats going to be a hit, and i would bet Stills is out for a couple of weeks at least with that groin injury., So our WR’s right now is Grant and Amendola so we almost have to make some moves there. Bring up Ford and Caroo i guess

Might be the perfect storm for Caroo to actually earn a decent FA contract. But took two injuries and a Parker meltdown.

D says:
    October 22, 2018 at 2:30 pm
    ________________________________________

what’s even more screwed up is his son, the one that he maimed for life due to his mother dying while she was pregnant, he suffered a lack of oxygen in his brain due to his mothers blood loss.
    Rae Carruth would not see his son when he tried to visit him in prison. he should have been put to death for what he did.

Whats worse is in the article it sounded like he is saying he wants to be in that kids life now. Im not sure thats a great idea, and how hurtful will it be to the grandmother who is raising that kid, the mother of the woman he killed, for them to make her let him see him. I dunno if i could allow that.

61. drg says:

Ouch…. our outlook sure changed fast. Seems like there’s always a game or two when injuries pile up and no one is safe. Thought Brock played well. Maybe he’s a good caretaker for the next year or two while we try and draft a better QB. Still believe Tannehill gives us a bit more, but not at the price tag he carries.

You could see some cracks in the defense, but they’ve held it together other than the NE game and yesterday. That was awful. Our line got pushed off the ball almost every snap. DTs were moved out of gaps, poor edge setting, and our LBs got exposed. Kiko has been great this year and I think Baker has a future. McMillan has been a big disappointment so far. Our LBs get exposed too often and the scheme asks them to do more than they’re capable of in the passing game. There’s some pieces to build on. Might be time to try a new DC and scheme though.

Baker is picking things up well. McMillan is in a harder position and its been slower for him. He has had a few pretty good games recently, this one wasnt one of them though. I think he gets there still, or at least i dont think im ready to give up on him, but we are definitely suffering through his learning pains. I saw Kiko trying to help out with the defensive lineups this last game.

In a couple of years the Raiders will be stacked!

63. ElephantRider says:

Prisons wouldn’t be over crowded if they got rid of the stupid drug laws. Non violent drug offenders are rotting next to people that actually should be there

ElephantRider says:
    October 22, 2018 at 4:18 pm

———————————————–
    naplesfan2010 says:
    October 22, 2018 at 4:50 pm

agreed … whoever actually voted for those laws to be on the books anyway?
    ———————————————–
    Probably started with our parents and definitely with the generation before them carrying into theirs. These were on the whole very anti-drug generations and the people they elected were anti-drug. The laws are a natural byproduct of that. Things are very slowly changing, with Marijuana and some states are going ven further with harder illicit drugs, like Oregon is. The way i see it is this will eventually take care of itself, because less people are going to be going to jail for these offenses, but i dont think you can go back and release people simply because times are changing.

I think that people are in prison for violating the rules of the day they were convicted, and tried by the courts system, by a jury of their peers as the system is intended. I dont think that times have changed, changes anything for them, otherwise you can take the legal system out of it all. Now, maybe they should be granted a re-trial based upon the changes in rules and regulations involving the crime they are in prison for, and if a jury of today time feels they should have thier sentence commuted so be it. Also they can appeal to the governor for clemency, but i dont think you overturn the conviction just because. I think there needs to be the same process for commuting the sentence as there was for the original conviction.

Fuck Parker. His agent is pissing me off and should keep his fucking mouth shut. He is making things worse for his player. Id run double TE sets with 2 WR’s and 2 RB’s before i put Parker out there. Id park his butt for th rest of the year to make sure he didn’t get hurt again and then id pull his 5th year option.

• manitobafinfan says:

Dilly dilly 👍

Sorry either Double TE’s or Double RB’s and the 2 WR’s. Id bring the WR’s for a break and do doublle TE and Double RB’s on that play. We can bring up Ford at the very least and Caroo if we need to. I would not play Parker at this point.

I cant see Stills being out any less than two games, and with us having a short week this week, i wouldnt be suprised if he isn’t out through the bye week.

Just looking at the rest of the schedule unless we just catch fire or completely implode this season is looking like 8-8. I hate to say it, but just a quick glance at whom we have left and where we are playing for those games, etc. 8-8 is looking really likely. Which that unfortunately means no playoffs and a shitty draft position lol.

71. naplesfan2010 says:

I think mostly anyone with simple recreational drug possession convictions should be released.
    Drug-dealing convictions get into smuggling, gangs, organized crime, corrupting and endangering minors, etc. etc. which are not excusable, no matter that the behavior surrounded weed.

Also people who manufacture home-made chemical drugs should not be pardoned, such as meth-labs, because most of their product is tainted on purpose or at least they don’t care if it’s poisonous.

I actually think prostitution convictions are similar. People convicted of either selling or buying simple sexual favors should be excused from incarceration and not publicly harassed.

However, pimps should be severely punished, because that is related to bullying and other violence, human trafficking and other types of slavery, drugs used as quasi-kidnapping, exploitation for financial gain, etc. etc. which should never be tolerated.

They are cleaning house in OAK. I think Carr could be on his way out maybe not this season but next. It doesn’t seem that Gruden is that high on him.

Hulk tired from carrying plane all the from Florida. Hulk happy to be home but Hulk miss friends

Oakland go boom

So OAK will have three 1st rd picks in 2019 and then two in 2020. They better get them right.

October 22, 2018 at 12:53 pm
    M13, I should have refrained from making my comments. I thought you were getting a bit preachy. I actually was less annoyed with the loss to the Lions and more about some of the comments I was reading here and that’s why I bailed. I apologize and it read worse than I really meant it to be…
    —————
    It’s all good, Tim, no need to apologize, though I appreciate your gesture. A lot of us have been getting testy with our beloved team, and things like this happen… seemingly every year (except ’08 and ’16), sadly.

And sorry if you felt I was getting a bit preachy: this team is frustrating the crap out of me after our lofty start at 3-0, particularly the injuries we’ve sustained.

Ya know, people have different hobbies, and they too get frustrated when their classic car gets into an accident, their stamp collection goes missing, or their favorite X-rated movie model abruptly retires after suddenly gaining an unpalatable amount of weight in all the wrong places. As for US, being Phins fans is a HUGE hobby of ours. When we lose, it hurts. On to Houston.

Cool, man. But this idea that every time this team loses a game is some catastrophic thing is absurd to me. We’re not a great team and with the injuries mounting up it’s not easy to build on anything and go on a run. We keep getting knocked back every time it looks like we might take a step forward. It’s not anyone’s fault, shit happens.

The defense played a bad game yesterday. The offense wasn’t great, but sometimes you have to keep the game manageable and the defense allowed the Lions to move the ball and score all day. They need to regroup and play better quickly Thursday night. We’re always looking for scapegoats every time after a loss and that’s pretty ridiculous. It’s not like the team has given up and didn’t try. They got beat by a better team that day. Look at most of the league this year, so many teams have been up and down with the exception of a few. That’s sports.

Regarding drug offenders – I’m guessing that I am going to be in the minority on this one. First, I don’t believe there are very many people incarcerated for simple (recreational) possession. I haven’t dug into it, but I’m betting there are additional charges and/or charges were pled down and/or there were other crimes involved that they didn’t have enough to convict on (the Al Capone strategy). Of course I also believe that trafficking, smuggling, and manufacturing should carry the death penalty along with murder, rape, and child molestation. You don’t solve a problem by condoning it. Now if you can find someone who is prison for have a doobie at home and isn’t otherwise a habitual criminal, sure turn’em loose.

Well the person with a doobie at home gets it from someone. I get what you’re saying, but there are many people in prison for dealing and possession which should not be. Violence is what should be convicted. People who willingly like to get high and the people who provide it for them are not criminal in my opinion.

• ocalarob says:

The moron Trafficking in Cocaine or Meth may not be violent but what he’s selling breeds violence.

• pheloniusphish says:

And anyone who thinks that the marijuana trade isn’t violent is deluding themselves.

Odell Beckham mooned Randy Moss in pre game warmups. LMAO literally

speaking of crime these new Genealogist are solving a lot of old unsolved crimes using these gene websites going down the family tree, since they got the California killer they have gotten 10 other killers of horrific unsolved murders using the same methods, they can even give a sketch of an offender from his DNA.

Phish, allowing people to grow marijuana without being arrested and prosecuted eliminates the violence. We do it to ourselves.

ORob, Meth is a poison drug that ruins lives. That’s not what I’m talking about. Coke like most things in moderation is not a violent thing. Though I do think that it is a very additive drug that becomes a constant search for that initial high that never returns so people keep doing more and more thinking they will get it again. Crack is a worse form of it. With coke the fear is what dealers cut it with to make more profit is the danger.

Allowing black markets to control anything makes everything more violent and dangerous.

Pheloniusphish: I hope you are right about Gase and an epiphany. But I’d be in favor of a total brain transplant for this guy. Without EITHER OF THOSE OPTIONS, I don’t see Miami getting the 10 wins they’ll likely need just to be a wild card, assuming Brady doesn’t get hurt. Right now, my best guess is 7-9 or 8-8. If we aren’t going to be Super Bowl contenders (and we AREN’T) It’s better for the Fins to LOSE and get a better draft position. But I just CAN’T root for them to lose, ever, especially with the Bills,Jets and Cheatriots still on the schedule!!
    ———-
    But the loss of Wilson for the year was brutal!!

mf13ss says:

Ya know, people have different hobbies, and they too get frustrated when …. or their favorite X-rated movie model abruptly retires after suddenly gaining an unpalatable amount of weight in all the wrong places.
    ————————-
    Or can you just watch her videos over and over again on X hamster…. just saying

Tim – I worked counterdrug for awhile. While there might be an argument for allowing people to grow enough pot to smoke themselves, cocaine is a brutal drug. Every bit as bad to manufacture as meth. It starts with what amounts to slave labor (campesinos) who pick and process the coca. To process the leaf into powder, they start with a plastic lined trench which they fill with chemicals (sulfuric acid is one of them). They put the leaf into the chemical brew and mash it by walking up and down the trench (usually under armed guard) while their skin sloughs off their feet and legs. The paste that results is dried and powdered. That’s your pure cocaine.

Wow that’s disgusting. Yikes!

I’m no fan of cocaine. Last time I did it was when I was 23. It had my heart racing so much I did ask God to get me through the morning like 6AM and I’ll never do it again. Never did it again. I don’t even know anyone who does it anymore. But back in the 80s I didn’t know many people not doing it at least a little bit except for older relatives etc.

• naplesfan2010 says:

But it doesn’t have to be that way.
      if we were all allowed to have a couple coca bushes in the hedgerow, we could just nip off a succulent leaf on occasion, massage it into a the skin of, for example, an aching muscle,
      and voila
      we’d be transported to localized ecstasy with delusions of super powers …
      for an hour or so.

No need for any poisonous mash.

86. naplesfan2010 says:

Same with weed…if everyone were allowed to have say a half dozen hemp plants, there would be no need for traffickers and their violent attempts to control the trade for profit.

Phish, the DEA looks for civilians with spiked energy costs with the idea they might be growing marijuana with the hot lights. Let them be and take the Cartels out of it. People don’t smoke weed to be violent. Some of our laws make things worse. You put it in the hands of the worst people and then innocent people get caught in the crossfire. We need some common sense here. A lot of the deal with the drug trade is a moral issue for some who because they don’t like it they can’t accept the results of their own policies. We finally seem to be moving in the right direction.

Problem with growing your own coca is environmental. It requires altitude and certain soils. That’s why the South American cartels control the market.

October 22, 2018 at 3:27 pm
    —————
    100% agreed on this being the “perfect storm” for Carroo right now, and I hope he can make the best of it. Just know that it wasn’t DeVante who had a meltdown… that was his agent.

90. naplesfan2010 says:

actually, I believe that organized crime historically secretly backed Prohibition so they could make more money, then when that failed, they turned on weed (pardon the pun).

Same with prostitution, porn, and gambling. If they keep it rare, the price goes up. If every Parish church had some slots, a Euphoria Garden, and some girls in the chancel rooms, there would be no crime in America, but the crooks couldn’t make any money like that, so they encourage the simpletons’ fears of pleasure to get them all hysterical about mythical creatures like Satan,,so they’ll vote for guys on the take who provide them a monopoly on “sin” for a slice of the action.

Just so y’all realize that I wasn’t born yesterday… YES… this, too, is the “perfect storm” for DeVante’s agent to speak up/out, being we’re currently down to only 2 starting WRs for Thursday night’s game.

I thought he did it before yesterdays game?

I thought he did it after yesterday’s game. Now I’m not sure! We’ll have to figure that out.

I thought it started once he was inactive for the game which maybe we didn’t find about until after the game. But I’m sure the agent boiled up once he knew he was inactive.

The reality is Parker has been a durability concern often. His talent is undeniable, his reliability is a big problem. Parker’s agent is out of line.

If I’m Parker, I fire my agent. That’s not his job to publicly speak like that about his HC. How is that a good thing? It’s not exactly like Parker has been reliable for the team. STFU!!!!

————-
    Interesting…

How is this “getting old”, when DeVante’s side spoke for the first time, just over 24 hours ago? Please don’t light a ‘drama fire’… this team doesn’t need that right now.

I DO agree with you, though, that it’s time to just active him to prove his worth… especially if the intent is to trade him before the deadline.

• bookman11 says:

Seriously dude, me stating my opinion is not going to “light a drama”. I am stating my opinion through frustration and sarcasm….it is what I do. Chill out and let it go. Like ER has said..not worth a bag of chips

But what about the part where I AGREED with ya? Seriously, dude? Shall I “chill out” and let that go, too?

Sorry for ultimately agreeing with ya, sheesh.

• bookman11 says:

Uuummm….what? You challenge my opinion, then state that you agree with me as long as it meets your perameters (if the intent is to trade him) I actually don’t care if u agree with me or not.

99. naplesfan2010 says:

As long as we can’t stop teams from gashing us between the tackles,
    we will be forced to get 30 points every game to win.
    We also are not getting much in the way of sacks, so a Pro like Stafford feasts on us.

We are starting at least 3-4 rooks on D plus trying to roll with practice squad guys all over, especially the DL rotations. Each of their mistakes results in 10-20 yards chinks against us.

bookman11 says:
    October 22, 2018 at 10:01 pm
    ——————
    You’re formally invited to skip my posts from now on. You can’t even quote correctly, yew kant spel, and you’re quite obviously filled with hatred with all of your cussing at me online.

Just skip me, dude. And drink some water while you’re at it.

M13, trying to be civil here. This is what happens with some of your comments. You challenge folks comments, than finish up with however I agree with you. That doesn’t really add up. Just stick to your guns and stop trying to play both sides.

I admit I get ornery sometimes when I find comments to be off base with insulting types of comments. But you can’t disagree and agree at the same time. Maybe about part of a conversation. But once again written words sometimes get all discombobulated.

I see many of us fall into these traps on a regular basis. Usually when the team loses. Just some food for thought.

I HEAR ya, Tim. I was simply trying to state that there wasn’t a SINGLE shot fired from DeVante’s camp until yesterday. Thus, it’s not like some kind of prolonged ordeal that we experienced with Jarvis and his agent… but Bookman clearly stated: “this shit is getting old on both sides”.

I suppose I’ve learned from those bloggers before me… so as NOT to invite controversy when there is NOT controversy (HUGE shout out to Jahndoh, for instance!). I’m just trying to keep our team out of trouble, nothing more. EVERY YEAR something turns into front-page sports news with us. I simply don’t want the fans to turn this into something that it is NOT.

I suppose I’m getting older and more responsible in defending our team, where in years past, I’d actually INVITE controversy in order for reformation. I’m with YOU and many bloggers before me: it’s time for continuity.

I meant no harm to Bookman… for I ultimately agreed with him. I just don’t want more negativity via the press to undermine what we’ve started with Adam Gase. That’s all.

I am going to regret this, but hey, you responded to MY 9:33 post at 9:38. I am done with you and your drama. My first post was not to you directly, it was about Parker.

No, don’t regret it. I responded to you, and I didn’t claim you responded to me. I’m actually trying to PREVENT drama, drama, drama… see my reply to Tim above.

MF13, there are many people on this blog whose opinions and truly honest emotions about this team I respect… yours is not one of them.

Now you’re just being a sour-puss! Perhaps you should read my rationale to Tim above. I wasn’t trying to be abrasive to you, I’m trying to prevent DRAMA.

I see you’re still addressing (replying) to me, against my sound advice to you. I suppose that’s okay.

I’ve gotta run. PEACE to Bookman and Tim. I hope y’all realize that I’m trying to quell the next negative front-page news about our Phins. Negativity BREEDS negativity… and I’m sorry, but DeVante’s camp threw a punch just yesterday… it’s NOT like what went down with Jarvis and his Hobbit agent, over months and months.

GO PHINS!!!
    HELL YEAH!!!

ON ANOTHER TOPIC:
    I asked 6 different people at the Fins-Lions game (who were wearing Stafford jerseys) “What college did Stafford play for.” 4 of the 6 correctly said “Georgia.”
    ——-
    I asked each of those four, “What former Georgia starting quarterback was just voted into the NFL Hall Of Fame this year?” NONE OF THEM GOT IT RIGHT!!!
    ——
    OF COURSE, the correct answer is – – – HINES WARD, who played QB at Georgia!! –To the best of my fading memory, Hines Ward never played receiver at Georgia. Bill Cowher, I vaguely remember, converted Ward to the receiving position, with SPECTACULAR RESULTS!!
    ——
    ONLY ONE of these Lions fans knew WHO was the head coach the last time Detroit won an NFL title. That was GEORGE WILSON, SR., who won the NFL championship in 1957! Later, in 1966, WILSON came out of retirement to become the FIRST HEAD COACH of the Miami Dolphins!
    —–
    END OF HISTORY LESSON from The Old Dolfan!! —Good night to all of you students!

M13, Bookman is one of the most peaceful bloggers on this site amongst many others. He rarely gets into heated arguments if really at all. So this is for you and him to sort this nonsense out. His comment was his frustration with Parker not you. You took him to task like I have have been guilty of as well. But this isn’t on him, it’s you.

“bookman11 says:
    October 22, 2018 at 9:33 pm
    Drama, drama, drama, ……just activate him and prove your fucking worth…seriously, this shit is getting old on both sides…smh”

That’s all about Parker. Nobody on this blog.

October 22, 2018 at 8:11 pm
    ORob, Coke like most things in moderation is not a violent thing.
    ________________________________________________________

Yeah right! take it from someone who grew up in Miami, Coke is a very dangerous and violent drug!
    There were multiple killings every day in the Coke wars in Miami, Miami was built on Cocaine. just because tweedle dum and tweedle dee snort it doesn’t make it not violent. who got killed getting that shit to them?
    I had two friends Billy Halprin and Jimmy Highnote have their throats cut over Cocaine, you can look that up on the internet, I knew who murdered them, Gil Fernandez and this guy name Carbone who i went to high school with. it is a very dangerous and violent drug!

109. ElephantRider says:

Again. If this shit isnt illegal the black market and killings drastically diminish.

When will they figure out drugs is not a criminal issue, it’s a health issue.

• ocalarob says:

i would be totally against legalizing hardcore drugs such as cocaine, it ruins peoples lives being illegal, if it was legal that would be way worse. no way!

• ElephantRider says:

How many people dont do it because it’s illegal? Laws dont stop it. They haven’t yet, all they do is make $$ and ruin lives.

It’s a health issue, treat it that way.

• ElephantRider says:

Check out what Portgual has done. Seems to be working….

Just doing some catching up here. My 2 cents…..I don’t think anything that is said on this blog is ever going to result in any drama for the team. EVER! No one outside this blog cares what we say here. Parker’s agent and his rant, maybe he hadn’t said anything before yesterday but he made up for lost time. THAT was some drama. Just my opinion of course, but I have teenagers so I have a good bit of experience with knowing drama when I see it.

———————-
    M – Okay, challenge accepted. If you’re going to call out Bookman’s spelling and typos, from now on I’ll do you the favor of pointing out when you misuse words. Which you do often. Get friendly with Webster’s..

ER – People on PCP have more violent tendencies, but PCP is a boutique drug. There is no real organized trade in or market for PCP. Coke is a different story.

• ElephantRider says:

Agreed.

My stance is this “war on drugs” is a $$ maker and has nothing to do with keeping people safe. The prison system is built on it as well. It’s just as corrupt as the bad guys. There has been so much money funnelled and lives destroyed. Again…I see it as a health issue, not a criminal one that it was made to be

113. naplesfan2010 says:

If you could get a supply of coke from an internet pharmacy for $4.99 a line,
    no one would ever get their throats cut.

But as long as our US laws keep the price so high that it makes Colombian coke cartels into quasi-regional governments with their own armies above the law, then you will have turf-war assassinations.

If we made beer function like that we’d have beer assassinations. Oh wait; we tried that. It was called Prohibition and plenty of people died in the gang wars of that era, fought over beer.

• naplesfan2010 says:

I do think coke gets people way too hyped up to just make it as easy to get as weed.
      Same with LSD in my mind. A little bit might be manageable, but stupid people overdosing too quickly become dangerous to innocent bystanders.

Same reason I think we should be very careful about legalizing heroin, (stupid people over-using) except that they mostly just OD and kill themselves. Like the oxy epidemic hitting the US now.

mf13 it is the biggest falsehood on here to say you are trying to to avoid drama you are the drama queen you turn every post into multiple post about somebody disagreeing with you or attacking you if you were really trying to avoid drama you wouldn’t have posted 20 posts about it

ElephantRider says:
    October 23, 2018 at 12:12 am
    I’d say PCP has way more violent tendencies than coke
    _____________________________________
    maybe as it pertains to individual users but in the grand scheme of things Cocaine is way more violent than any drug.

ElephantRider says:
    October 23, 2018 at 12:07 am
    How many people dont do it because it’s illegal?
    _________________________________________

how many more people would do it if you could by it at the local 7-11?
    that’s the question.
    it’s an addictive drug that ruins lives, and you want to legalize it?

no way!

There are over 500,000 deaths a year in the US related to cigarettes and alcohol. Both legal. Drugs are no less deadly due to their illegality. The smart thing to do would be to legalize all drugs and then legislate their production and sale. The reason we don’t? Big Pharm would lose billions when people no longer needed their legal drugs. It’s always about the money. If politicians actually gave a shit about people’s lives, alcohol and cigarettes would be illegal. It’s not about morality. It’s about money. Our government has been making money off the “drug business” for decades.
    ****
    The opioid epidemic….which was created by clinics, hospitals and physicians over prescribing….is now set to make a shit ton of money off of federally funded treatment programs to “fix” a problem they created. Do people give a shit? Nope.

While i agree with the content i dont fully agree with what you have said here.

First, i definitely feel if the illegal drug business was legalized, it would be the Pharm companies that would be at the front of the line to get the contracts to manufacture and sell the legal version. I dont think that would change Big Pharm at all, in fact it probably gives them more power and more money to use to influence our government.

Secondly, i think you just switch problems from opiod abuse to cocaine or whatever else. Big Pharm would push using some of these other drugs now that they had access to them. Cocaine comes from a plant and has medicinal value, but not as cocaine. Marijuana has medicinal properties as well, but you think that the majority of people who use it are using it for medicinal properties?

Also, if you do regulate it to control it, you really havent changed anything. There will still be a market for getting it illegally if people are being restricted from getting it at the frequency that they want it when its being regulated. Thats what happens with Opiods, etc. People fish for Dr’s who will prescribe it to them, or they go online and buy it from an non-us based pharmacy.

Drug use is not controllable because addict’s addictions cant be controlled.

I do agree with some of the petty possession charges shouldn’t fill up our prisons, but i promise you those people staying any length of time in prison aren’t petty possession people.

Toba,
    I have scored 4 club seat tickets to the Packer/Dolphins game.

ocalarob says:
    October 23, 2018 at 8:28 am

Piling on again?
    Again? I never realized that I was 1/2 pylon but if you say so it must be true…..

Without even going into the money saved, interesting slot stats comparison up to this point.

Jarvis Landry: 41 catches, 489 yards, two touchdowns
    Albert Wilson: 26 catches, 391 yards, four touchdowns
    Danny Amendola: 30 catches, 294 yards, one touchdown

Its hard to use this as a proof because the Browns have one primary WR with no other real threats at WR, so he can be double covered, and they can stick their best corner on him, etc. Also 2 WR’s increases the chance for targets and therefore statistics. A truer comparison would be just a 1 to 1 comparison and do a catch or yard or TD per dollar comparison.

Just said was interesting, not proof. Pretty sure the dollar to dollar stats would end up on our side at least before the Wilson injury.

Completely agree with you. Dollar for Dollar we had the right guy, and he fit the offense better.

My statement above yours was just to say, statistically the difference isnt as evident, but with the money numbers it starts to really be more understandable.

They also are using him as more than a slot WR too, the kind of way we use Wilson.

BTW all you guys are old, the new destructive drug is Flakka. Watch some videos if you guys in SFla havent already seen it in person.

What a waste of talent!!!!!!!!

Damn I should have posted this first! 😉

ORob, like I said I don’t even know anyone who does coke anymore. Not saying people don’t, I just don’t know any. But back in the day a lot of people just did a toot or two before going to a club to give them a pick me up and then drank and danced. They weren’t burying their face in it like Scarface. LOL

Any drug that is abused can destroy lives.

D says:
    October 23, 2018 at 12:29 pm

October 23, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Is that the synthetic zombie weed?
    ___________________________________________
    Nah its like a combo of meth, angel dust and ecstacy with emphasis on the meth and angel dust.

Spice is the synthetic weed, but i dont know how they call it that because it doesnt do to ya what weed does, in fact its closer to the opposite.

4th and a future seventh for Apple. Decent trade for both sides.

D, what it the drug that some bodegas sell in communities and people have had marches to get that shit out their communities? People who do it walk around like zombies.

Its Spice, sometimes they call it K2. I think though they arent labeling it right because it doesnt make them walk around like zombies, it makes them think they are superhuman, gives them a crazy rush sensation more like coke would except it lasts a lot longer than a coke high and is more intense.

K2, that’s it. I saw on the news a few communities rallying against it and they were using the zombie term.

I guess it kinda does make them walk around like zombies in a sense that they are unaware of whats really going on around them but its more like the 28 days later zombies, or the i am legend zombies as they will run and attack people and bust walls and fences. Its pretty crazy.

Oh okay. I’m not big on the zombie movie stuff but I liked both of those.

Went back and looked at the different players we either have had miss games due to injury or have been put on IR and its pretty crazy. We made it through PS unscathed but damn in the regular season injury bug isnt biting hard.

This is why I love Thursday night football. I actually get to watch the game on a TV rather than an iPad where the feed I stream is constantly stopping or freezing.
    ****
    Big game for our TEs with the WR Corp hurting. Hopefully we’ll see a game like we had against Chicago. OL needs to step up.

Yeah I hear ya. I did find that using Firefox is the best browser for streaming. They cut out most of the annoying popups, only a few advertising pages open up, I close them and I’m good to go. Only a couple of freezes here and there. Chrome was giving me all types of problems.

135. BailBondMike says:

Damn both Wilson and stills are out. They are heading to airport to head to Houston. Any word on who they called up?

Rockphin says:
    October 23, 2018 at 11:41 am
    Again? I never realized that I was
    ___________________________________
    two people in an argumentative dispute and you interject taking a side….

I would think that may be considered piling on.

October 23, 2018 at 12:40 pm
    ORob, like I said I don’t even know anyone who does coke anymore.
    ______________________________________________________

There is a heroin epidemic here in FL, these young people are addicted and will do anything for a fix, you’re either high or wanting to get high in the worst way. not sure how one would not abuse that! do you think they wake up in the morning and decide whether they want a shot or not?
    maybe we should make that legal LOL!

You’re taking what I’m saying to a different level. There is a heroin and opioid epidemic in NJ and many other states as well. I never said anything about making that legal. I was talking about many people in the 80s used coke recreationally and were not addicts. Of course some people abuse drugs to the point of no return. Some people I grew up with overdosed on heroin and died. My daughter had friends do the same. I’m not for legalizing any of that stuff.

what’s better is to put these people in jail, to let them dry out

Wow
    2 days after a loss, I Iog in top the site and see a debate about the legalization of drugs and how to deal with drug problems

Its just a loss guys. You don’t have to take is so hard.
    😀

D, the game isn’t tonight. LOL

I agree we’ll see more of Drake at receiver and the TEs will play more of a role too. But I can’t see us going into the game with just 3 WRs.

Flakka is mostly an issue in Florida for right now. Aside from prescription abuse…oxy, adderall….meth is still the biggest issue Country-wide. However, heroin is making a very big comeback. That said, marijuana is still the most widely used “drug”.

What up good people? Back at home. Happy, except our furnace won’t go on, and the repair service can’t come until next Tuesday. It’s brisk in the house, 55 degrees.

That sucks Mike. That happened to us on New Years Eve. But it was really friggin cold and we had a puppy. Don’t ask how much we had to pay to have that fixed at like 1:00 in the morning.

Great Fest, even though the game itself didn’t turn out like we wanted. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did, it was a pleasure to meet some new people such as Naples and his lovely wife, Phelon and his bro, and of course all the returnees, always great to see you all, love ya!

Disappointed Rob didn’t show at D&B. What happened man?

Who is Charles Harris?

148. naplesfan2010 says:

Thank you Mike E. My wife reported that she found everyone to be so nice and fun to be with.
    She was amazed to see how compatible and even tempered all were.

(She has obviously never read any of the blog.)

You guys were a pleasure (other than the result of our pool game,,,lol). You have a great partner there.

It really was nice to meet you, and I enjoyed sitting next to you at the game, and discussing it with you. Hope you and your wife become perennial Festers

MikeE,
    55 degrees is still open windows and fan season. Why would you need a furnace?

I love when we get temperatures from about mid 40’s to mid 60’s, unfortunate for me thats rarely and sporadically at best.

Nah man, 55 degrees inside the house. That’s cooler that I prefer it, although I’m sure some people like it that cool. It was 65 inside before we left for FLA and we didn’t turn the heat on yet. My son got home last night and it was 5degrees inside.

naplesfan2010 says:
    October 23, 2018 at 4:57 pm

She was amazed to see how compatible and even tempered all were.

(She has obviously never read any of the blog.)
    ————————————————
    Maybe ya just had all the even tempered ones there, not a good representation of the blog. Where are the assholes when ya need them there to make it real.

I keep hearing Hasson Reddick’s name mentioned as a possible player that Arizona is shopping. I dont think he has turned out like everyone expected him to btu i think he probably would be worth a flyer if they werent looking for a lot for him.

I wanted Reddick – Temple tough! I wanted him and Dion Dawkins, both Temple guys.

I read Haason Reddick lost his starting job due to struggling to learn the defense. Not sure we can take on a 1st rd contract for another Anthony type LB.

D — hope you make it one year. And face to face for three days having fun is what is real. Had like 36 folks this year. Just a great time.

I heard also that Carr might be up for trade with the Raiders. I was a fan of Carr coming out of college, thought he was the second best QB that year. Would you make a move to get him in the offseason and give up a 1st round pick for him, vs trying to draft one?

He makes too much money and then you’d have to take a big cap hit on Tannehill. You can’t have them both on the team.

naplesfan2010 says:
    October 23, 2018 at 4:57 pm
    She was amazed to see how compatible and even tempered all were.

(She has obviously never read any of the blog.)

*****

Lol if I read the blog I would be afraid to meet everyone!

It was good to meet you and our wife Naples

I always tell everyone that meeting face to face instead of just on the blog makes us all a little more human. Except for me of course, it makes me more pork.

October 23, 2018 at 4:28 pm
    Disappointed Rob didn’t show at D&B. What happened man?
    _____________________________________________________

I had plans to, I was even meeting an ex girlfriend there, Fri night i couldn’t sleep finally got to bed at 3 am and awoke at 5 am with heartburn, could not go back to sleep, I drove south to a friend in Vero, played Golf and by the time I got done i was stupid tired, I called the Ex cancelled and drove back home.

154. naplesfan2010 says:

by the way, one of the guys at the Fest who shall remain nameless said he was shocked to meet me because he thought I was an African American guy.

I now have a couple dozen witnesses that I am not African American, although there’s nothing wrong with that.

He said he thought I had said that on the blog. I can’t imagine what I said that made him think that.

Anyway, if anybody else on here thinks that, you should correct your mental image.
    I am a rather boring looking beige guy.

LOL, I always thought of you as hispanic because I believe you said you’re hispanic in the past.

I was expecting Marvin Lewis, lol

I got Dilbert but taller, lol

Awesome to meet you Naples, you have a lovely wife let her know it was a pleasure to meet her as well.

155. naplesfan2010 says:

Stanger … you would probably beat me 9/10 pool games. I just got lucky.
    You host a great party, bro.

156. naplesfan2010 says:

My wife had a nice long chat with your lovely wife, Mike E. while at D&B’s. Made my wife feel kindly accepted, for which I am very grateful. We both had consumed so many Margaritas that day from about 10AM till 10PM, we were both trashed by then. We don’t usually crash that early.

Yes, my wife told me she was great company, and a pleasure to talk to. That’s the great part of the Fests, meeting not only the people on the blog, but their families as well, usually the better halves. lol

157. naplesfan2010 says:

Son … rotflmao
    Marvin Lewis? the Bengals coach?
    I’m a lot older than that guy.

Twice was a really cool guy. Twice was a really cool guy.

Awesome meeting you too Jeff.

159. naplesfan2010 says:

that’s true, I do have an entire one eighth or so of my ancestry that is Spanish.(not hispanic)
    The other funny thing is that the guys at the Fest found out my real first name.

Oh I thought you said you were Hispanic or Spanish. It doesn’t matter to me if you’re part water buffalo, I just thought you discussed this in the past. LOL

160. naplesfan2010 says:

Twice and I had a lot in common and I had a lot in common and really hit it off and really hit it off.

Yes, Jeff (Twice) was very cool, glad I got to talk to him. I hope he is also able to be a perennial Fester, a perennial Fester.

Twice Twice is is a a great great guy guy

So who are our WRs this week. Will Parker see the field?

Just read that despite not needing surgery Wilson will still go on IR.
    That opens a spot on the roster. Sucks we lost him.

🐖💨

Tim, I think Caroo goes up before Ford because of experience

Oink and agree about Twice
    Oink and agree about Twice

It sucks losing and not being able to blame it on Tannehill.
    Our Defense got smoked Sunday and our O still can’t get into a shootout.

we may get Wilson back week 13 or 14

I agree.

173. naplesfan2010 says:

I don’t understand why there were so many times in the Detroit game and really all season when there are WRs wide open running free. Is that scheme or DB mistake?

also several times Mike E at the game pointed out that Minkah was not in the game. wtf?

We’re supposed to be an arena league team except our offense stinks

The entire defense looked confused to me. Alonso was trying to get guys lined up and players were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. It was a bad day for the defense from start to finish.

So does IR mean his season is over or is there some kind of 6 game IR

I thought it was 6 games but maybe it’s 8, he could be ready for the playoffs if we make it

Well if Parker doesn’t use this opportunity to step up he’s trash

Twice sat next to me during the game, he was a pleasure to talk to. I think maybe I talked his ear off….surprise!

So does Twice stutter for real? LOL

179. Krishna says:

Orob. I knew and went to high school with a “Mike Carbone” too. Graduated 1976. Should I know you?

180. twicethethe says:

Was great to meet everyone! Was great to meet everyone!

181. naplesfan2010 says:

Jets fans catch 7 cars on fire after tailgating at MetLife Stadium, officials said.

Two separate incidents were responsible for the car fires during the New York Jets game against the Minnesota Vikings, State Trooper Alejandro Goez said, according to NJ.com. The fires were put out around 2 p.m.
    One car caught fire after a driver parked where tailgaters had dumped the coals from their grill, Goez said. Another car also parked over hot coals and caught fire — damaging five other vehicles, Goez said.

No injuries were reported.

Goez said it wasn’t the first time this had happened and warned future attendees to watch where they park.

Check out the picture:

Without everyone going into hysteria, what do you think about this migrant caravan heading towards the USA?

Toba’s wife, who was a real trooper coming off surgery just a few weeks ago, sang a beautiful rendition of “The day the music died” on Mike’s karaoke. I think it was the highlight of the weekend for me. It was beautiful.

184. Krishna says:

I think most are looking for a new life and opportunity for their families. Like my family 80 years ago and probably most of those on this blog.

Can’t we figure out a humane process to help them find that?

I don’t know why we have to view this with fear or hatred.

The problem is you can’t do it this way. How did thousands of people all of a sudden decide we’re doing it this way and they know for a fact that’s not the way to do it? Countries have rules and laws. Ellis Island wasn’t done this way. There were protocols about how you came to the USA. And why are they flying the flags of the country they came from? If you’re that proud, change your country and fight for it. This is not how it works.

It’s called mid-term elections

Wyo, no doubt the timing is suspicious to say the least. I think most people get that and it will backfire in a big way. It’s one thing to have differing political ideologies, it’s another to try to destroy a democratic-republic with aggressive tactics. That’s not how this country works and it will be realized at the polls. Using desperate people as pawns is disgusting and evil. I’d be shocked if the majority of American people don’t realize this.

I didn’t vote for Trump, but if this kind of thing continues, I will vote for him and every candidate that believes in the sovereignty of this country to stamp this nonsense out. My fervor is growing with the nonsense of the Left. Do I think conservatism/republicanism is the ultimate answer, no not at all. But trying to undermine my country is a big no no. I know many people who feel the same way. I know long time Democrats family and friends who are basically saying fuck off to this new leftist nonsense. It’s real. #walkaway is real.

Once you compromise the laws of the land, your nation will crumble. Not on my watch if I can help it. I’m tired of this radical nonsense. You change the state of the union through debate and compromise. Not through thuggery. It’s becoming absurd.

• Krishna says:

People have been coming to this country since its inception. Establish a humane process and enforce it. Why should that be so hard? It’s who we are.

185. Krishna says:

Maybe, I’m confused, but I don’t see this caravan as a takeover of America or a leftist/liberal conspiracy theory. Oh my….back to fear and my point.

Putting kids in cages and separating families for life is the answer…now I’m afraid.

By the way, this discussion I started is current events over politics. It is a current crisis. I don’t care what people they are, they have no right to attempt to impose their will on our country. Do it the right way, not the aggressive thug mentality way. I feel bad for what’s going to happen to them. But they are not going to be allowed into this country in this way. They’re being lead by pied pipers and used as pawns in numbers. It’s disgusting and evil.

Krishna
    What is your suggestion we do with them?

Krishna, seriously, let’s go back centuries? That has no bearing on what’s happening here today. So wrongs of the past means let’s not respect what has been established for a few centuries and specifically over the last 6-7 decades? So let’s use that as an example in 2018 to allow an invasion of our laws to happen?

You do realize every human civilization on the planet has a dark past right?

Let me ask you this, why is this migration happening? Because those countries are not pleasing to their own people. Why?

• Krishna says:

Please, don’t put words in my mouth. Read what I wrote.

“And, to be clear this country was established by taking/killing an indigenous people.”

Columbus, the Norse etc. That was centuries ago. The Spaniards did it in South America where “American” slavery actually started. That’s why most of that continent speaks Spanish. I get it. It wasn’t putting words in your mouth, it was a response to your comment. We both get the history okay.

Now let’s focus on 2018.

• Krishna says:

How about quoting, “so you feel this country is where anything goes, etc,” where I NEVER said that as putting words in my mouth. Seriously? Or were those just “feelings”?

I’m on topic, are you?

189. Krishna says:

Tim, I just don’t see it that way.

Maybe, it depends on who you’re listening to or where the information is coming from that colors the current events.

You asked for an opinion. I gave it and it comes with an experience, a witness to where I think we are as a nation. Is that political? Personally, as an American I think we can do better.

Desperate people do desperate things. Families, children, women can’t be scaring you, can they? My understanding is caravaning provides the safety from violence, rape, etc.

Funny, sounds like “the ol’ move west’.

I don’t get the outrage/fear/concerns.

Establish/enforce law humanely. Geez.

• Krishna says:

Recent events are what I am talking about….i’m trying to figure out if we’very evolved. Have we learned anything? Why is this so hard? Why does it create angst and pit American’soldiers against one another? I’m trying to understand.

Who is being inhumane other than saying stop, you can’t come in this way?

To me it’s not about fear. It’s about abiding by the laws that we all live by. Just because you do it doesn’t make it legal under our laws.

I’ll try it again, why is this migration happening? Because those countries are not pleasing to their own people. Why?

• Krishna says:

I will, too.

I don’t know, but they must be desperate enough to try. Some are more desperate than others and some are frauds.

However, each has a right to be evaluated under current law and humane decisions need to be made during this process. Certainly, we can do better than what we’ve done most recently.

This is my opinion and not worth 2 cents.

Krishna
    Unfortunately the philosophical debate is about to be over with!

What do you think we need to do with them when they reach the border?

And I’m not being a dick!

I honestly want your game plan?

That’s how I feel. Do Americans dealing with their own struggles subsidize this? Not everyone in America is rich and able to deal with this. Now we take on 5-10 thousand people seeking some sort of asylum. Last I checked Hondurans and Guatemalans are not at war. They just don’t like their countries anymore. That’s not really our problem. When does it end?

You can’t in large numbers invade this country which is what this is. There is a process so follow it. Also put your national flags down and stop with your national pride, because you have none. At the least fly the American flag as you try to enter the USA. Be fucking humble and not divisive. It pisses Americans off and rightfully so. Back in the day immigrants held and waved small American flags wanting to come here. That’s not what we’re seeing here. So we already know it’s a sham.

191. Krishna says:

I’ve stated it multiple times….and I hope I’m not being a dick about it.

No you are not being a dick. I know you as a very compassionate person. But you have to have a limit and it’s not fair to the citizens of this country to allow this sort of thing. Once again laws of the land.

I’ll bet an electronic beer that when they get here there will be more protesters that border patrol!

193. Krishna says:

Using words like “invade” connotes violence. I don’t see women or children as invasion or violence. And, I think it’s hypocritical to make the shift that once you’re in, no one else allowed.

194. Krishna says:

I believe in law…

By game plan I meant

A compound to food, clothing, medication, and to make sure they can’t cause harm to anyone?

On what side of the fence will it be on???

How did they get over the Mexican wall? (Yes Mexico has a wall on it’s southern border)

Krishna, “so you feel this country is where anything goes, etc,”.

The actual comment was “So you feel this country should become anything goes, no laws matter? Everyone just comes and goes and does as they please?”

That was the gist of what I felt you were suggesting. It was a question? I didn’t say you said that.

• Krishna says:

I am not a border patrol expert nor do i espouse any knowledge of how this should be done. It’seems problematic for sure. Figure it fucking out, but don’t be cruel.

I think the concern is overblown. The strain on our tax dollars is mild in comparison to where is it wasted. And, that’s another topic I can’t do tonight.

I’m all for not being cruel. That will be up to the migrants. Our military is always willing to work with people. Become violent and you get annihilated. That’s the end game. That comes from those I know who have been there and done that. There is no tolerance if you try to kill them first.

197. Krishna says:

Watching the world series. ..I wonder how many are from other countries?

All of them originally! 😉

Isn’t that great? They sure as hell weren’t having that life anywhere else other than the great melting pot – The USA. They didn’t sneak in though, everyone knew who they were and how they came to this country. Just saying.

• Krishna says:

Because they provided entertainment for us….it seems too bad the caravan isn’t entertaining us, just looking for a better life.

Don’t tell me there isn’t privilege here.

198. Krishna says:

I don’t advocate violence in any of this and those that use it first should be removed and sent back immediately, no pass, done.

Separating children is cruel, period.