BYE WEEK BI-BABE

She’s Back!

This year model/actress Cara Delevingne will grace our blog as the Bye Week Bi-Babe. In a close race Cara proved she had what it takes to be an honored recipient of this blogs coveted award ie; plenty of quotes and hot pics.

cara_delevingne

“Why should I have to explain who I am to you?”

cara-delevingne-and-michelle-rodriguez

“You should know that. If you have a question, ask me and I’ll tell you what you want to know. People should be allowed to just be who they are and others need to stop putting others in a box.”

elitedaily-cara-boss1

All right folks we’re 10 games in and alive for the playoffs while also being measured by the undertaker. Tank it or Kill it. If we tank it we get in the top 10 of the draft most likely, if we kill it we potentially win our division and host a playoff game. those are two options as you have already realized there is a third – the absurd third – we go 3-3 and maintain the status quo as usual.

I’m happy to watch it play out. This bye week has come at a great time to give us a chance to get healthy and identify areas that can be improved as we prepare for the season’s final six regular season games. There are a lot of things about this team that I like our young defense, our runningbacks, our young Tight End group,ar-181016652 our speedy receiving corp and that they figured that they need to keep Minkah on the field. The Defense suffered injuries on the line and it has affected the D as a whole, but its a very young Defense that flies to the ball. All I can do is wonder how they’d play with a lead or at least knowing our team is capable of scoring points. We have Frank Gore and Kenyon Drake that’s why I like our backs even though I do like Ballage as well. At TE we have the rookies along with Nicklaus O’Leary and AJ Derby I think its a good young group. I like the speed guys in our receiving group despite the injuries piling up, they get open and they block. Minkah is huge for us going forward I think its easy to see.

We struggle, oh boy do we struggle, to score points. If this team can find the magic elixir during this bye week we could be dangerous. If being the operative word there, like it always is. Of late, and I mean the last several years, the passing game has sucked, I blame almost everything that troubles the Dolphins on poor passing. I know, injuries and yes there are many, play calling, sacks and penalties despite a significant reduction this year and the Offensive line. All of those are mitigated by better passing such as not missing wide open receivers who have beaten everyone, uncatchable balls, wrong side of the receiver balls, missed reads for a wide open play. And I’m talking about the balls that have been thrown I realize especially this week our line can make for a rough pocket. I look around the league and it seems most teams run a similar offense and face the same pressure and good coverage that we do, the major difference that glares to me is good passing.

We need Touchdowns!

Best of luck to the Dolphins in the last 6 games of the 2018 season, I’ll be watching every one.

I’m a couple of days late but I want to thank this nation’s veterans for your service, with a special thanks to the guys in our group that have served. Never Forget.

Also a Happy Birthday  to

The United States Marine Corps

usmc_ega_250

Here are some pictures of our very own 23 year Marine Vet and great guy Pheloniusphish. Thank you for your service.

bp0483_semper_fi_us_marines_clear_decal_grande

Bye Bi

cara-delevingne-john-hardy-topless-jewelry-ftr

Cara Delevingne: My Bisexuality is Not a ‘Phase’

This entry was posted in A Sonny Football Fantasy. Bookmark the permalink.

701 Responses to BYE WEEK BI-BABE

1. ElephantRider says:

NOOOOOOO to Mike McCarthy!

2. naplesfan2010 says:

>>>>
    BTW Naples your child isn’t retarded your child is a gift no matter his mental capacity. Do you live him like he us retarded or do you live him like he is your child. My belief and the 100% way I have ever used that word is to describe actions and not people. I would never call a person who was truly mentally handicapped retarded because their actions are not outside their capabilities, where as those whose actions I call out for being retarded are capable of more. Still as I said, I have no intention on saying anything that does harm, so I will try my best to not use that word on here, despite the fact that my intentions are different than how callous as they may seem
    >>>>
    I of course have no interest in debating which terminology applies to my son’s condition.

I was merely explaining the original “scientific” definition of the word “retarded.”

It was never a precise nomenclature, but arose out of the kindness of professionals and care-givers in the field who wished to show deference to the feelings of the affected child’s family by softening the diagnosis and preserving a glimmer of hope for improvement in the condition by calling the child’s development “late” or “delayed” when in fact they all knew that the arc of cognitive ability would end up severely diminished from normalcy.

In recent years, other more scientific terms have replaced “retarded,” such as “autistic.”

I gave two examples of acceptable use of “retarded” other than for describing mental impairment in children. It is not necessary to avoid this word around me.

My son is not a child. He was born in 1983.

My son’s condition is now best described in terms which do not relate to childhood development.

I will be leaving in a few minutes for his regular Saturday session on horseback. The size and strength of the animal seems to soothe my son’s cerebral palsy. He and the horses communicate on a non-verbal plane, sublimating his inability to speak human words, since the horses also don’t.

D — I praise your sensible advice to view him as unique, rather than a failure versus normality.

3. naplesfan2010 says:

I would hate to have Harbaugh as a HC and don’t want McCarthy either.

wyoming85 says:
    November 16, 2018 at 7:54 pm
    For those like my porcine friend who didn’t catch the sarcasm dripping off the QB post!

That would make me vomit!

November 16, 2018 at 9:58 pm
    It would be an improvement over what we have now
    ———————————————————

7. BailBondMike says:

Man, I took a really good shit this morning. Wish I had a scale in the office so I could have done a before/after weigh in. Almost a triple flusher! I had that feeling you get after a really good workout. Felt so good I developed a better feeling about our team. A positive outlook on our teams future. It’s wearing out now though (coming back to reality) since I started catching up on the blog. LOL

Merry Christmas to me!

10. BailBondMike says:

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 18: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 18: Grier, Will, QB, West Virginia (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 17: Edwards, TJ, ILB, Wisconsin (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 18: Risner, Dalton, C, Kansas State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 18: Willis III, Gerald, DT, Miami (FL) (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 18: Hansen, Justice, QB, Arkansas State (A)
    Round 7 Pick 11: Hartage, Montre, CB, Northwestern (A+)

Here you go Stanger! 😉

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 18: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 18: Jenkins, Elgton, C, Mississippi State (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 17: Grier, Will, QB, West Virginia (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 18: Samia, Dru, OG, Oklahoma (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 18: Dillard, Andre, OT, Washington State (A)
    Round 6 Pick 18: Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 11: Armstead, Ryquell, RB, Temple (A+)

Kind of spread am thinking of, even if a boundary CB is on my radar too (but know won’t get everything). Both BBM and you are far braver than me though. No way would I select a Mountaineers QB out of fear of the wrath of our Herd. 🙂

I tend to see Josh Allen as a 3-4 LB

But I guess it’s hard to predict

He’s a god pass rusher when it comes down to it

6-5 260 can be a DE if he’s got decent strength.

• BailBondMike says:

He put on about 12 lbs of muscle since last season which was his goal. He is also predicted to run in the 4.5’s.

I read he put on 30 lbs. since his junior season when he bypassed the draft to play his senior season. That might have had a lot to do with him staying in school one more year. A fast 6-5 260 will go a lot higher in the draft than a fast 6-5 230.

I’m not getting into specific prospects but looking at our team as it stands positions I could see us targeting in the draft would be:
    Defense – DT, CB
    Offense – QB, OL, WR

Some of that could be addressed in FA or a trade. I could also see the DE position going through a transformation too. I doubt Hayes will be in the picture anymore and the team might want to shed some cap space with Wake, Quinn and Branch and go younger. But I’ll wait to see if that happens. Then DE is just as high as DT.

I’m pleased that my post from yesterday prompted thoughtful dialogue regarding the word “retarded” and it’s usage. Thanks to all who contributed to the conversation, sincerely.

On Defense need we need DE, LB, then DT in order of importance.

And possibly another boundary CB, if Cordrea doesn’t rebound.

Our DT’s aren’t putting enough pressure on QBs consistently and they’re allowing RBs to get a full head of steam on our LBs too often. We could really use a stud DT who can rush the passer and stop the run. Not easy to find but that’s what I would target if I could.

I agree on DE if we retool the position. I think our LBs would be better if the DL held their own better. Defense always starts up front.

Dude, we couldn’t stop the run with arguably the best DT in the NFL (Suh). The problems we’re experiencing are beyond our personnel.

I don’t think Suh played like the Suh we paid for. He regressed every year with us and he’s been average for the Rams. They have Donald who is still a pass rushing demon but both he and Suh have been sub par in run defense.

Guys getting trapped and can’t get off blocks is most definitely about personnel. If you’re suggesting Burke is not a good DC I agree. But it’s still about being physical up front and the DL has regressed in that regard as the season has gone on. They’re getting moved around at the POA.

HEARTBREAKER in Maryland!!!

Wyoming pulling their inner Dolphins!

Loose their QB and RB on the opening drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😦

To me Godchaux is a hard working lunchpail DT who’s solid in a rotation but he’s not special and really has no pass rush. Spence is a solid NFL vet who flashes at times but also disappears. Taylor was the guy who seemed to be really coming on and what happens, he goes down for the year. The loss of Hayes really hurt us and I don’t see him being back with us or even playing anymore. He’ll be 34 next season coming off of an ACL injury. He gave us great game day depth at DE and DT and we don’t have that now. Hood and Williams were signed off the street because we needed bodies. DT is a huge need and the key to good defense starts up front.

Our LBs look like lions trying to take down a big animal because they have a full head of steam, they’re not cornered and vulnerable. We’re getting knocked off the ball.

November 17, 2018 at 4:25 pm
    …If you’re suggesting Burke is not a good DC I agree…
    —————–
    Don’t know how to respond to this one from you. And I’m not sure I like your choice of the word “suggesting”.

You seem to have an issue with what anyone says these days. It’s not that complicated.

You said “The problems we’re experiencing are beyond our personnel.” So my thought process was you don’t think Burke is a good DC. I agreed if that’s what you’re saying but you’re not sure you like me thinking that’s what you were referring to because you didn’t exactly say that. To me you suggested that or lead me to believe that’s what you were saying.

What kind of game are you playing here, man?

Miami Dolphins’ league rank Run-D (yards yielded) since Suh had been with us

’15: #28 (Kevin Coyle was our DC)
    ’16: #30 (Vance Joseph was our DC)
    ’17: #14 (Matt Burke was our DC)

November 17, 2018 at 4:25 pm
      ————–
      You stated a falsehood, Tim. And then went on to state that I “suggested” that Matt Burke is the problem. I didn’t say that… AT ALL.

And then you wonder why people call you out for inventing conversations that didn’t exist to begin with. You always try to trap people into false narratives. NOT TODAY!

I truly think that the problem is that we’re not sticking with a plan. We’ve got to stop changing out HCs, OCs, and DCs, as though they are mere socks.

This is Tim’s OG idea (at least on this board), and I absolutely agree with him! Problem is, Tim wants to disagree for the sake of disagreeing. That’s a contrarian.

22. BailBondMike says:

Who is this Brent Stockstill, senior QB for Middle Tenn, who completed 30 of 33 passes for 293 yards, 3 TD’s and 1 INT against Kentucky? Will have to look him up.

BB Mike,

Yessir, THIS is the week I start grinding college tape!!! Last year at this very time, I saw TWO prospects who I thought were future STUDS. And at that time, they were both ranked to be 6th round selections. Their names? Rashaad Penny and Marcus Davenport… both of whom went in the 1st round!

CAN’T WAIT!!! 😀

Your Picks:
      Round 1 Pick 18: Gary, Rashan, DE, Michigan (A)
      Round 2 Pick 18: Jordan, Michael, OG, Ohio State (A-)
      Round 3 Pick 17: Jenkins, Elgton, C, Mississippi State (A+)
      Round 4 Pick 18: Haskins, Dwayne, QB, Ohio State (A+)
      Round 5 Pick 18: Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A)
      Round 6 Pick 18: Russell, Dontavius, DT, Auburn (A+)
      Round 7 Pick 11: Worthington, Evan, SS, Colorado (A+)

Watched Haskins play today… hmmm. Up and down, but he’s not bad at all. He’d be developmental, IMO. No way he could start day1 in the NFL. JMO

Another thing. You can diss me all you want regarding my failed college prospects… I take no offense whatsoever. We ALL fail. If we never failed, we could never grow, man.

What’s more, some of these college prospects have never failed in the past. So when they are faced with REAL challenges, they fold. These interviews that NFL teams have with college prospects (which are never made public) tell much about an individual.

I think it’s okay to be a fan of college prospects, nevertheless! It’s all a part of being a fan of the game.

Just say it’s better football to watch in college!

I think that depends on what one is looking for in terms of entertainment, plus long-term allegiance (if that makes sense).

I truly LOVE watching CFB, but the pros are what I ultimately care about.

You called me a cheerleader for pointing out that we lost two starters for the season on the OL and have started 10 different players on the OL after 10 games. That is a fact! How does that make me a cheerleader? You think I celebrated that? LOL

So I took your snarky remark and called you out on all your statements about “I warned y’all” and “everyone should have listened to me” nonsense. Yet you’re as right and wrong on prospects as the rest of us. It’s not a perfect science and even the NFL teams have a lot of hits and misses.

Don’t throw stones if you can’t take it.

M13, you don’t even know how to have a conversation anymore. You call people out about words they use, you make political statements then say but no more politics as if you control what others can and cannot say, and then you call out the moderators on this blog with your “woe is me” victim bogeyman BS! So get over yourself. You start all this crap and then back off and say I never said what I said. You get called out all the time for the weird cryptic shit you say.

You said I stated a falsehood about Suh which was my OPINION. The guy never played at the level we paid him in my OPINION. Our run defense in 2017 was not because of Suh because if it was why were we 28th and 30th the prior two years with him? His sacks went down every year. He was never the impact player we signed to a historic contract. AGAIN!!!! My opinion. It doesn’t mean he sucks, he’s still a top DT, but he never dominated the way we thought he would have.

If it’s not about “personnel”, your words, what is it then? It’s either coaching or personnel, not sure what else it could be. Field conditions? What? I asked you a fucking question meaning if that’s what you meant, and I agreed if that’s what you meant. Then you go into all of this nonsense. By the way we’re dead last against the run right now. So once again, if it’s not personnel, what is it?

Did I not agree with you that we should end the constant carousel of HCs, OCs, and DCs?

And I can’t control what people say (as you accuse me of doing) while playing the victim role (as you accuse me of doing).

Dude, I’m a BO$$. You can’t even take a compliment anymore, either.

MF13
    All but 1 QB in the draft is going to be developmental!
    Unless your name is Herbert You will need to sit and watch!

IMHO

I 100% agree with ya, bud, and IMO as well. Perhaps we’ll be surprised with the ’19 crop, but I think we should have drafted a QB last year.

‘Tis the bye week. Came up some yesterday, but how about other posters we miss? My top two are Digsby and Yoda.

I’m sure Son is pumped for the UCF game tonight, especially since ESPN was there for College Game Day. (One of the few good things left on ESPN Imo.)

Bookman, I miss a lot of the bloggers who have been MIA but some went off the grid along time ago. GD was active and after that big storm he never came back. So that one sticks out in my mind. I hope all of them are okay.

Funny thing with Diggs, he always got a kick out of my “dumpster humpster” phrase. LOL

• bookman11 says:

Yeah, I agree with you about GDP, he seemed to go off the grid after the hurricane. I sure hope everything is ok with him.

Diggs seemed like a level headed guy….most of us Midwesterners are…lol

You country folks. You have no idea what it’s like to get 4-6 inches of snow and have master cluster fucks on the roads that put people in harms way for 5-12 hours that should have never happened. Enjoy! Ugh!

• bookman11 says:

Yeah, the sick thing is, I prefer the snow and Winter over a hot and humid Summer

November 17, 2018 at 6:14 pm

…So I took your snarky remark and called you out on all your statements about “I warned y’all” and “everyone should have listened to me” nonsense…
    ————–
    You’re taking your frustrations out on me, I see. And when did I ever say, “everyone should have listened to me”? Once again, you’re constructing a false narrative under lies. NOT TODAY.

“Snarky”… heh.

Yep you’ve said it more than once. Most people just ignored it. Today and everyday, you don’t make the rules.

Do you mind explaining why you called out the moderators or will that be another about-face I never said that lie?

Everything you said is out there. I’ll live up to everything I’ve said and explain it if need be. You run from your comments. “I disagree but agree, but it’s okay to disagree as we agree.” What world do you live in?

All I know is life’s too short to care about these things.

Ultimately that is true about almost everything. I call it finding your “fuck it” switch. Older I get the lower the threshold I have for flipping it

I went to the Game Day broadcast. It was a mad house, cool as shit and what a production. I’m going to post some pics from it, I got a good shot of the whole cast zoomed in as much as I could on my phone.
    Corso put on the whole Knightro outfit lol it was great.

Watching the game at home all my friends who get season tickets cashed in on the resale profit with all the hype.

34. ElephantRider says:

I played in GDP’s pick em league after he left the board. I emailed him and never got a response. That’s all I know about that.

WORKED A FULL DAY YESTERDAY. Got up 3:30 AM. Drove to Ft. Myers to work a convention. Got back to the office, then got home around 5:30 PM. Was treated to a wonderful dinner by Mrs. OD. Walked the mutts after dinner, then sat down to watch football. Only lasted until half time of the Cincy @ UCF game. Was DELIGHTED to read that SON’s KNIGHTS crushed 24th ranked Bearcats 38-13 for their 23rd consecutive win!! This could move UCF past the “Mighty Buckeyes,” who struggled to edge 5-6 Maryland 52-51 in OT.
    ————-
    KNIGHTS figure to blow out South Florida next week in Tampa. Then they’ll beat whoever they play in the AAC Championship game to finish a second consecutive undefeated season (25 straight wins at that point)!! Yet, they are a long shot to make college football’s Final Four. However, they are a virtual LOCK to be crowned as the BEST TEAM IN THE SUNSHINE STATE FOR THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE SEASON!! And that’s worth an awful lot when it comes to recruiting. Congrats to SON and all you UCF fans out there!

LOL @ MF-13 and Tim…….what a polite fight!

Kinda glad no fins football today…good to rest and re-coupe.

38. BailBondMike says:

Herbert did not look so great last night.

I think I kinda get and understand the disappearances here, like GDP, FFR etc . . .

Once you’re away from here for a while, you probably realize you most likely spent too much time here in the first place. Once you’re away it’s probably hard to re-immerse yousrelf into the whole thing all over again.

I think also a lot of people prefer to use twitter now rather than a blog. I haven’t spoken via twitter to We Need Playmakers, but I do see tweets from him now and again, so it seems like that’s his preference. I myself don’t love twitter, I rarely use it. Mostly, I just put our articles on there, and occasionally reply to tweets, but that’s it.

There’s no doubt at least that blogs are not the choice of the younger generation at least…. the same ones who laugh about how only old folks use Facebook. And am sure don’t even know what they use, but am sure whatever it is comes fast, instant and with even more short quips rather than actual conversation. I think the texting age is like having ADD.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR LAST SENTENCE, YOUNG STANGER!! That’s the #1 reason why I DON’T have a texting option on my cell phone. Things like sentence structure, spelling and the ability to incorporate real research into your point of view go out the window when the younger crowd communicates with each other. Too many of them are becoming intellectually lazy and physically lazy, too. And the concepts of dedication and long, hard, determined work habits are alien to many (not ALL) of them.
        —————
        Have you noticed that home deliveries of grocery shopping are getting more popular? —I’m sure some of them are deliveries to people with significant physical limitations. But, according to a local grocery guy, most of them are to people who “are too lazy to get off their video games and endless texting to go shopping!”
        ————–
        Next thing you may see is adds for people who, for a fee, will come to your house to wipe your ass for those too lazy to do so!!! –GOD HELP US!!!

OD — new first time you told me that you only check your cell once a day that we where compadres on these issues. I was the guy who refused to get a cell at the office. I was like “why the heck do I want people to contact me any time they want….. if out of the office I am out.”

Here’s one player move Ross did get involved with and it seems to have worked. Same time according to the Golden Bear: “He doesn’t interfere. I think that’s what an owner should do. He hires people and lets them do their job. He was in support of what I was doing but he wasn’t going to interfere. He was as happy as I was when they gave him a chance.”

• BailBondMike says:

I wanted to draft him back in 2015 (Son also) cause we needed that big blocking TE who is also a good receiver. Wish we had. We could have used that 4th round pick on Smythe for someone else.

42. BailBondMike says:

Need Bengals, Titans, Texans, Chargers and Steelers to lose today. Then take care of a hot Colts team next week. I would say Chiefs to lose but rather they win so they have home field over the pats.

YOUNG STANGER: Answer for you just above your 10:45 post. ENJOY!!

Game day bitches…oh wait a minute

Well I don’t know about The first “B”!
    But there is a lot of bitching!!!!!!!! 😉

Ken — oh yes there will be bitches. Am sure after the games today that Tanny will have screwed up in some way. 🙂

Is it bitching, or just telling like it is? 🙂

Just beat the Colts! Nothing is over until it is over!

Miller still runs for the sideline like the field is on fire!

At least I will get to watch a good, competitive football game today!

51. BailBondMike says:

Colts are steam rolling the Titans who just steam rolled the Pats. Any given Sunday. This will be their 4th win in a row.

Not many great games so far today

Bookman

I think looking at a team’s scoring, and how many points they allow is a much better tell than their record. We’re -57 at the moment, and when we play the Colts, I expect that to get worse. If my negativity bums everyone out, I’ll try to stay away until they show me otherwise, but that;s what I see.

• bookman11 says:

You better not stay away….all of this makes for good debate.
      My basis for positivity is that I wait like 8 months for the season to begin, and it goes so fast that I decided to take each game one at a time. I found myself analyzing everything and every play, and it kind of took the joy out of watching the game.

Now I try to watch the game like back when I was a kid. Enjoy each play.
      I actually am probably in the minority because I actually enjoyed the last Jets win because, first, I hate the Jets, and second, I thought the pick 6 was awesome. I was happy because we won! The off season crap will take care of itself. I am not to knowledgeable on all the prospects and such. I just choose to control what I can, and that is my enthusiasm on game day.

That may be my first “D” like post. 😀

Mike, you can discuss how you feel. We’re all disappointed how things look with this team. I’m trying to go about it like Bookman as long as there is still a chance just roll with it. Look forward to the season all year so don’t want blow it off just yet. Maybe the team surprises us. We’ll know in a few more weeks whether we have a legit shot at the playoffs or not.

I get it. I guess I’m sad that I can’t do that anymore. I envy you guys, I really do, because it’s not fun for me as it is currently. I could really use a breakout game, say we just fuck up the Colts like 34-10 or something like that. That might snap me outta this funk I’m in.

It’s not easy because deep down I don’t think any of us really expect us to win enough games to make the playoffs so it’s more hope than confidence. Maybe if Tannehill plays next week he sparks the team and plays well because he’s itching to get back out there. If he doesn’t play well and we lose it’s going to become very somber here for sure.

bookman,
    Do you mean the Dolphins/Vikes game? No, I won’t be there. I am not a fan of live football games. I can’t see anything. My prostate never cooperates, and I can’t stand Minnesotans! Lol

Mike E take your chronic negativity out of here. What do you think we are the Jets. LOL

A lot of ho-hum games today. Low scoring in FF too.

Jax must be the Steelers Kryptonite

Monday Football is back this week like the old days. Yeah am looking forward to Rams v Chiefs.

It sounds like Alex Smith suffered a Joe Theismann type injury today. Ugh! Wish him the best.

Carolina goes for 2 with 1:07 left in the game doesn’t convert and lose 20-19. What were they thinking?

Steelers win with clutch QB play. Conner was very nearly the goat, Ben bailed him out

Ken – Honestly, that’s all that counts, is winning the game. He saved his best for last. What’s better, to throw of 400 yards and 3 TD’s and lose, or do what Ben did today? That was clutch as hell, something we haven’t seen here in waaaaay too long.

Ken – Ben is a gunslinger, he’s constantly taking chances. Every now and again he has a clunker, but overall he’s money. He has 23 TD’s and 10 INT’s, but he also has 3 rushing TD’s. Steelers seem to be in the playoffs just about every year.. He’s not the problem, their defense was horrendous early in the season, it’s been getting better.

Talk about the tweet a QB never wants to read.
    ————————-
    Joe Theismann @Theismann7
    Alex’s leg is exactly like mine 33 yrs ago

Yeah I posted about this earlier. Was going to add the Theismann tweet but didn’t. Smith’s career might be over. Sad.

Big Ben is a gamer and like Mike said a gunslinger too. He struggles on the road and that’s why they never beat the Pats.

The Jax defense has also had some really bad games this year. What happened to their defense, did they suffer a lot of injuries? They went from 10-6 and playoffs last year to 3-7 this year. Just shows you that previous seasons and projections don’t always translate the following year. ATL has really fallen off too.

67. naplesfan2010 says:

Steelers now hold home field advantage over patsies*. …
    early I know but still…

Soooo, I read the comments last night and once again the whole ‘being called out’ drama began again. I started to post something about it then, but thought no, let it go. Then here we are today, having it brought up again. I’m so tired of this constant whining. In the interest of accuracy, I’m going to comment on MF13 saying he was called out for using the word retard. I was the one who said something about it and as usual, that wasn’t exactly the way it happened. There had been a discussion either earlier that day or the day before, I won’t even call it a debate, about the state of the world, it was around the time of the election, the word tribalism was being used. It wasn’t used to be derogatory and the discussion wasn’t heated between whoever was posting. MF13 comments the word is offensive or he thinks it is, something to that effect, I’m not going back to find it. Then, later, different post he uses the word retard which, in light of his comments about tribalism, I felt was somewhat hypocritical.

If he had said retard without the prior comments about tribalism, I wouldn’t have said anything. I definitely would have thought to myself it was a poor choice of word to use, but that would have been it. It was how the whole thing played out that I thought was, as I said at the time, absolutely unbelievable. I even mentioned in my comment why I was saying it. So as I said, I wanted this to be an accurate statement as to how that happened. I’m not trying to start a battle here, but I don’t like the inaccurate portrayal of what was said by leaving out the why it all happened.

The funny thing about this to me is this. We can all read. It’s not like we have to rely on a faulty memory. It’s all there to read. I can’t for the life of me figure out why anyone would try to say they didn’t say something or change the meaning or context of something that was said. Yet here we are. Again.

For the record, you’ve done nothing wrong in my opinion, and if you feel strongly about something, say it. I didn’t have any problem with the way you handled that.

• bookman11 says:

Herd,
      I believe most of us got your point when you said “absolutely unbelievable “ that day. You are right, the word drama certainly applies, but not on you.

I think 5-5 is a good record for how poorly this team has played overall. I think the defense has had its moments. They pretty much kept us in games with TOs early in the season. They would still give up big plays, but they were getting TOs to sorta make up for it. The offense has looked pretty inept with very brief flashes of good thrown in. The issues with the OL have been tough. It’s derailed the season the past 2 years. Not good. But, if we can stay healthy I think we’re okay. I’d still like to upgrade the RG position. Davis could then be your T/G backup swingman. Our depth is not good. Maybe we’ll see if Asiata can play by the end of the season if it goes South.
    ****
    I’d like to see us keep building on the defense. If we aren’t gonna have an upper echelon QB, a really good defense is almost a requirement. Keep building because we have some nice, young pieces to build on. There really isn’t any level of the D that can’t be improved so don’t be afraid to take a guy at a position of perceived strength if he’s BPA. We’re not there yet, but I think we’re getting closer.

I said to Randy that he sounded like my “retarded echo” (which is a term/phrase used by many as a joke) a few days ago. I didn’t use the term RETARD, as I’ve been accused of. Yes, we can ALL read.

I apologized to Randy, and he kindly replied that there was no problem at all. He and I have worked with the mentally challenged (autistic in most of my experiences), and I meant no harm.

I said I felt the word “tribal” felt demeaning to me, JMO and nothing more. I never told anybody to NEVER say that word again, as I’ve been accused of in trying to dictate what can and cannot be said (SMH). Yes, we can ALL read.

The nonsense is getting absurd now. What is this, the Inquisition? I WILL stand up for myself, my #1A, and my honor. And I will continue to do so in a respectful manner, without name-calling or lying, while keeping it real.

This is just plain nitpicking over semantics, non-implied intention, and a personal vendetta. So when I call out clear double-standards, it’s not an attack… it’s in defense. In other words, I’m not trying to start some BS… especially when the golden rule should be to agree to disagree. We should ALWAYS be cool to agree to disagree, instead of throwing a wrecking ball at somebody.

More often than not, if I disagree with somebody or their point, I don’t even feel the need to reply: there’s no need to incessantly insist that one is right and the other is wrong. But when one makes it personal, all bets are off… and I think most feel the exact same way: STOP MAKING IT PERSONAL when there is a disagreement of sorts (especially on petty nonsense!).

This blog is at it’s VERY BEST when we’re all respectful of one another (regardless of social/economic/racial/religious/gender/etc status), we collectively float a myriad of ideas about (it’s fun, too!!!), and truly appreciate what every single person brings to the table.

And that’s why I don’t like to talk politics on this blog, yet somebody is ALWAYS trying to drag me back into it with something recently ridiculous, or reminding me of certain things I said/felt years ago, continuing to judge me… ENOUGH. We all evolve.

Semantics eh? Like me using the word “suggesting” and if so I agree about Burke. That threw you into a tizzy? I never said you said that Burke was the problem, I was asking if that’s what you meant because you said it wasn’t about personnel. So what would be the other option?

• herdfan says:

Ok, first of all, the ed on the end of the word didn’t change the meaning of what was said or the point I was making. As I said, I didn’t go back to find the original post. You call people out all the time about saying this or that but if someone does it to you, you bring it up over and over and over like you are being targeted. Get over it. You’re just another guy on a blog and what’s said to you you bring on yourself.

Secondly, I’m not calling you any names or lying. I’m saying you were taking it out of context. I’m not sure what the bringing it up day after day accomplishes unless you’re fishing for sympathy. It’s at least a week out from when this was first posted but you’re still on it. Whatever, everyone can see how this always happens.

Third, some people enjoy discussing politics or debating issues. You seem to think that is dragging you into something. It’s not. Just because you don’t want to discuss it or can’t with getting angry doesn’t mean it’s off limits to everyone else. Not everything everyone says is to get a comment from you. Last I checked you have no ownership rights to this blog so if you don’t like the conversation, skip it and refrain from telling people what they can or can’t discuss here. That’s not your call.

• ocalarob says:

You’re a good man MF-13

I was watching the Stealers*-Jags game… WOW. Maybe it’s just me, but the zebras were certainly on the side of the Stealers*. Plus, the Stealers* threw that game away so many time, only the zebras could save them.

We’re in a 5-way tie for the 6th seed as it stands today.

Bengals (5-5): we lost to them
    Titans (5-5): we beat them
    Colts (5-5): we play them next week
    Ravens (5-5): we don’t play them

Needless to say, we’ve got to beat the Colts next Sunday to stay in the hunt.

Jermon Bushrod starting @ LT for the injured (my man) Terron Armstead. The Saints are looking VERY good today with Bushrod in there at the most important position on the O-Line.

I don’t like that Bushrod was dissed HARD by some of our fanbase… especially here on the F-MU.

Boy Indy sure played good today, I hope they blew their load today and will be too comfortable next week, they are due for a let down.

November 18, 2018 at 7:20 pm
    ——————
    Tim, I’m merely giving you a dose of your own medicine… and I know it doesn’t taste good, Bro.

I DID give you answer yesterday, by the way. And I complimented you, too (which you obviously bypassed, SMH).

I don’t think it’s a personnel matter, is right. But I think if we keep changing out our coordinators, there will be nothing to build upon.

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

Stop being so confrontational so as to receive a compliment, would ya?! 🙂

I’m fine… you’re not because you’re fucking lost. I’ve come to the conclusion that not only can you not read, you don’t even know what you post anymore. But like Herd said, it’s all out there to be revisited. I’ll stand by what I said easily. You can’t and won’t because it’s not there for you.

November 17, 2018 at 4:13 pm

mf13ss says:
    November 17, 2018 at 4:17 pm

November 17, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Wow, I really attacked you there didn’t I? LOL

I don’t really understand what the above argument is all about. I don’t really want to know either. This is a football blog and yes you can talk about other stuff too but there is no point in getting yourself so worked up to the point of visceral arguments. You don’t like what someone is saying then just ignore them. Take a break and come back at a later time. Most importantly have some thick skin. You know you are on the internet posting opinions. You know people are going to take potshots at them so don’t get bent out of shape when they do. Life is too short to get angry about stuff said on the internet

Hulk stay calm on blog

Ken, for me it’s not about that. What I just reposted, tell me why M13 had an issue with what I said?

This was his reply to what I said.

mf13ss says:
      November 17, 2018 at 5:07 pm
      November 17, 2018 at 4:25 pm
      ————–

I asked him if that’s what he meant being that it was beyond our personnel to him. If not that, what else would it be? I was saying what I believed our issues were on defense and he chimed in. When did I ever accuse him of anything? If it’s not personnel, what’s the other option? I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone. Words and comments mean something. That’s how we communicate. I mean really? LOL

Tim:
        Why do you care if he had an issue with it? You know you didn’t say anything that you thought was a personal attack. You have told him that and if he can let get of it then why worry about it. You don’t know to prove to any of the moderators one way or the other. If we have a problem with someone we will let them know.

Because I’m bummed out it has continued to go down this road. I basically have my arms up the air saying WTF is going on? You discuss something and get called out over the word “suggesting”? I’m sorry, but that’s fucking whatever you want to call it.

I know the point of your repost was t the substance but I’m reading it the first time and I agree with you. DL regressed and I do think personell is a big part of that.

📦

Guys, the suggestion box is empty

What gives?!?!?

I don’t think the DL has regressed. You’re seeing the impact of not having Suh in there taking double teams and creating favorable matchups for other guys. Suh’s impact on the defense is being under-appreciated. Godchaux is seeing blocking he didn’t see last year, and he isn’t responding. Suh made everybody else’s jobs easier. It wasn’t just about his individual impact. He wasn’t as dominant as he once was, but he was still drawing multiple blockers.

‘Cause online I’m down in Hollywood
    I’m 6’5 and I look damn good
    I drive a Maserati
    I’m a black belt in Karate
    And I love a good glass of wine

I’m so much cooler online
    So much cooler online

Sweet Baby Jesus…I love going away from here a couple of days. Catching up is better than a new book.

• herdfan says:

Well, that’s the point of a blog like this, it’s entertainment. As I’ve said before, nothing said here matters to anyone except the people who are here.

Ken,
    I see a difference in how Godchaux has played, and the loss of Suh impacts him and Wake probably more than anybody. Wake has struggled most of the season too. I’m not sure, but I think we’re worse in stopping the run and sacks this year.

I think the injury to Taylor had a bigger impact on Godchaux then the loss of Suh as well the injury to the DE Rams whose name I cannot remember right now

Tim:
    My only point is don’t get bummed out. You have no reason to be. Keep doing what you are doing. You are a valued contributor here as is M13. It’s too bad that right now there is a disagreement amongst you guys but both of you have been here for years you know whatever the disagreement is it too will pass

It’s not a disagreement, it’s downright misinterpretation of what is said. That shit doesn’t fly with me. Just like being blamed for our OL woes as if I put it together and then making up lies about what I said about it in the preseason. I’m really sick of it. I don’t want to spend all my time dealing with nonsense and BS. Two people do this to me over and over and if I may be so bold, it’s fucking retarded!

Misinterpretation on a football blog is nothing new. I know it can get tiring but it comes with the territory and just know there are plenty here who appreciate your contribution to the blog

• herdfan says:

Ok, so I’m going to make an example here. Same word. Now if Tim had been recently calling people out for a word that he found offensive, I would say something about it since this is also a word that people find offensive. But he hasn’t that I’ve seen or remember, so I won’t.

Also, I get his choice of words here is related to this whole discussion. It’s the context.

You can’t defeat your Demons, if your still enjoying their company!

Yep, I’m just fine with you disagreeing with me. See, others’ opinions can’t hurt my feelings if I don’t think your opinion matters to begin with. Lol

November 18, 2018 at 7:38 pm
    I’m fine… you’re not because you’re fucking lost…
    ————–
    Please refrain from using “F” words when referring to me, please. My man Chris Tiedje would have suspended you for such remarks on his public blogs. Control and conduct yourself like a normal and sane individual, please.

Herd – We’ve got our drama queens, our curmudgeons, our peacemakers, our blowhards, and our trouble makers. It’s awesome.

“We got winners, we got losers,
    Chain smokers and boozers.
    An’ we got yuppies, we got bikers,
    An’ we got , thirsty hitchhikers.
    And the girls next door dress up like movie stars.
    Mm, mm, mm, mm, mm, I love this bar.
    We got cowboys, we got truckers,
    Broken hearted fools and suckers.
    An’ we got hustlers, we got fighters,
    Early birds and all nighters.
    And the veterans talk about their battle scars:
    Mm, mm, mm, mm, mm, I love this blog.””

My point was that it’s worse this year…not that it isn’t happening. Lol

Same here. I posted about what I’m seeing. Nothing more. Just don’t use the taboo word suggest, suggesting or suggested I guess. It’s very derogatory. It hurts people’s feelings. LOL LOL LOL

Who is Chris Tiedje, why is he M13’s “man” (Not that there’s anything wrong with that).

Whether Chris Tiedje was clueless or not is not at issue… it’s irrelevant, actually. But when one posted cuss words at another poster, s/he was suspended.

Chris Tiedje was an admin of a blog that was part of a newspaper, a business, a commercial enterprise. They had paying subscribers to their paper to consider. This is a private blog of fans. The f word is used by many people here…daily. If you don’t like it, no one is making you read it. And to be technically correct about this, it think it was used as an adverb to ‘are lost’, for emphasis, not an adjective to the word you.

Sigh…..I just used the words adjective and adverb on here. It’s worse than finding yourself using algebra in real life.

93. Randy is correct, We are missing Suh, but others too,
    like Suhs replacement Phillips, and Landry, and Ajayi. 3 out of these 4 were pro bowlers and took us to the playoffs.
    After we traded away our pro bowlers for meager compensation, which was dumb as shit, The players we brought in to replace them haven’t done crap.
    Even the argument Wilson and Amendola are cheaper doesn’t work, because the two of them total 14 mil a season, about the same as the pro bowler we traded to Cleveland for a bag of marbles and a bottle cap. If we didn’t want the elite slot receiver because of money, we saved nothing bringing in outside free agents versus a guy already here earning his keep.
    Ross brought in Tannenbaum, who never was able to acquire or keep talent in NY, and Tannenbaum is failing here too.
    OD is right, Ross needs to sell the team before it can be successful again, the guys Ross put in charge are not winning football guys, they are guys hoping they will be someday but haven’t a clue how to get there.
    I’m kinda not even watching the team closely anymore on Sundays, what’s the point of watching a franchise so retarded that the annually dysfunctional browns outsmarted them?

On a football note….Miami did not lose today!

Bruce Banner has had enough of this shit for tonight. I am going to turn it. In words of Rodney King “why can’t we all just get along?” Peace

Time to move on from this one, not taking sides, just time to put this to rest.

Can we all agree to dismiss this, and forget about it? At least until the next one? 😉

M – I post the word fuck daily here. I’m an angry ass fan, I hate my team because I want better. No need to take offense to it. Just understand I’m angry, and let it go.

You, sir, never called me “fucking clueless”. I don’t care about dropping the F-bomb in expression (all good!)… but it’s not cool to call ANYBODY here “fucking clueless”.

You see, there’s a difference between dropping the F-bomb in frustration… and yet another thing to CALL somebody “fucking clueless”.

• pheloniusphish says:

Technically, he said you were fucking lost.

Once again he can’t read. If only I never said “If you’re suggesting Burke is not a good DC I agree.” Sorry blog, I didn’t think this was an insult. LOL

Well i really think the loss of hayes hurt, however i always thought most of the time DL are suppose to occupy their blockers and the LBers are suppose to step up and make the tackles on running plays.

• pheloniusphish says:

Yes, in a 4/3 that’s what should happen. Miami’s LB’ers are playing slow, hitting the wrong gaps, and waiting for plays to come to them instead of attacking. It’s like they are afraid to make mistakes.

99. Go ahead and badmouth the pro bowlers that took us to the playoffs, but we won’t be going to the playoffs without the pro bowlers huh?
    . And not likely Godchaux, Wilson, or Gore go to the pro bowl or playoffs,
    You can Keep fooling yourself we are a playoff team, but im not convinced we are, we look like shit, and the records getting worse almost every week but the bye week

100. It’s crazy the pro bowlers that took us to the playoffs seem hated by people claiming to be Dolphin fans and everyone’s in love with Godchaux, Wilson, Gore etc, and losing games.
    whatever, we will see if these guys take us to the playoffs, or make the pro bowl, I’m betting they don’t, cause they aren’t that good, certainly not pro bowl material

But if all go to pro bowl and playoffs, I’ll admit I was wrong, will u guys admit You were wrong if the don’t? Lmao doubt it

101. This is what’s wrong with the organization too, no loyalty for performers, bring in high priced free agents instead of guys at earned it, with THIs team.
    Even Reshad Jones is unhappy now and took himself out of a game, this isn’t what successful teams do, Gase can’t get these guys on the same page, and Tannenbaum brining in new players all the damn time that aren’t as good isn’t helping

ORob,
    It all depends, as I’ve said 100 times, on how you play your DTs. Just because you’re playing a 4-3 alignment doesn’t mean your 2 interior guys are just supposed to occupy blockers. In fact, one of the expectations of a 4–3 is that your DTs DO make tackles. It’s not just on the LBers.

• ocalarob says:

I agree, if the DT is in a position to make the play then go for it, but the common course of play would be to stay in your lanes and plug all the holes with the LBers and even the safeties.

• ocalarob says:

that was the problem with Suh, he was a freelancer, maybe that’s why the rams have lined him up as a DE

103. His is he same stupidity that sent pro bowler and Hall of farmer Jason Taylor to the Hated Jets, and fawned all over Jimmy Johnson who didn’t even want to be here.
    . This team just hasn’t been smart in a long ass time, and it’s why they aren’t successful much

November 18, 2018 at 9:21 pm
    ————————————————-

If only we could all get along, first of all Gase has only completed his 2nd season here going on the third, we have been decimated by injuries. going into the 2nd year he lost his starting QB, were we SB contenders? I doubt it, i disagreed with dumping Ajayi but i was glad to see them dump Landry. he is slow, he cannot gain separation when he’s being covered by a legit CB, that said demanding 15mil per year is outrageous for his skill set. i would take Wilson and Amendola all day over Landry. Gase should make this his team therefore there are no excuses. beware, i’m going to start saving some of the comments i’m reading, i think they will come in handy down the road.

Gase has final say over the 53, not Tannenbaum.

107. Did you guys forget the pro bowlers that took us to the playoffs? Damn, that’s odd, because we rarely ever go to the playoffs, it was quite memorable, lol
    No one can deny the pro bowlers helped us go to the playoffs, because that is what happened.
    Also no one can claim we went back since then,, hmmm

M13……drama, drama, drama. I hold Herd in the highest regard. I think we all know where the drama comes from……smh

109. Hey, but I do understand if Your Hope parade is still going strong, keep it up by all means.

I just can’t Do it anymore, I see this team, and realize it’s not very good, and it’s because the FO is inept.

110. Good luck though, being a fan of a dead dog is just glutton for punishment. I always knew the team would fail without Landry, and they have.
    Does anyone even remember what we traded the number one receiving guy in 4 years of the NFL? Not a single WR ever, none ever, have done what Landry did, he’s number ONE in receptions first four years, and is in the record book.

Surely we could be wise to retain him, or at least wise enough to get good compensation for such a prolific pro bowler? Lmao hell no, SMH. Oh for two.

Tannenbaum is ruining the team with his damaging personnel moves

“Every third person in the world is a drama queen. And crying ‘victim,’ especially when you’re not really a victim in any real way, feels good. It feels good to cry victim if you’re not one.”

Our INEPT FO offered Mr landry 14 million a year and he said no thank you , despite the fact there is from what I hear 0 income tax in Florida.. he was to be a free agent , we got something for someone who had decided already he wanted out.. seems maybe he should take a math class..

Since Banner left, I’m out. Can’t wait to catch up tomorrow.

ORob – I couldn’t find anything in that article to disagree with. All made sense.

ORob,
    Suh is athletic enough to play DE. We played him there sometimes too. Enough about Suh though. He’s not on the damn team anymore, and our defense STILL sucks! Lol

Damn, the vikes’ offense looks like shit tonight. There are gonna be a lot of cranky, pissed off people around this State tomorrow. It gonna be U-G-L-Y.

I’m so happy to say….

NEW BLOG UP!

Not a moment too soon either.

🙂

herd,
    If it were only that simple. Lol