Manitoba on a Mission

Submitted by Manitoba

Hello All: As some of you may or may know I have had a few ‘MISSIONS” on the go this year…

Below is a tale of two of them in reverse order..

Back in the summer the wife and I decided to book a trip to Lambeau for the Green Bay/Dolphins Game on Remembrance/Veteran’s Day, which also coincided with her Birthday being 11/10.. I reached out to a couple of our “Local” Wisconsinites, to see if they would be interested in meeting up for a “Mini Fest”. Happily both Bookman and ER decided to meet up and join us, with Bookman even coming up with 4 Club Seats in the Indoor section at Lambeau.. Again LARGE thank you Sir to Mr Bookman, as the seats were awesome …

We left Winnipeg Thursday night and drove to Fargo ND for the night .. Interesting drive down as we started at sundown, and ½ ways down were driving directly into blowing snow.. It gets hypnotizing when snow is blowing directly at you as you try to see Past the snow and watch road.. I also hate night driving at my Advanced Age .. Anyways, all good into Fargo, following morning we did some shopping and looking around for some Hemet display cases as they are quite pricey up here, as I had scored a great deal on two autographed Rice and Montana Helmets for wife’s Birthday .. Did not find in Fargo, so we hit the road for Minneapolis..

Arrived Minneapolis booked into hotel and headed to The Mall of America.. once upon a time this Mall had a Krispy Kreme assembly Line store , and a Hall of Fame Sports memorabilia Store that we were really looking forward to seeing, and scooping some Donuts .. On arrival both had closed and moved out, so we went to Dick’s Resort for dinner.. If any of you have done Dicks in Vegas, skip this one it was, along with the entire Mall a huge disappointment..

Saturday morning we lucked out at one Hobby Lobby and found 1 helmet case, and a second at a second location, so we scooped those, a table, and a cool hanging of all Super Bowl game scores for our Rec Room (Mission 1), then hit the road to meet up with ER at his restaurant Island Sushi in Appleton WI before heading to our hotel in Green Bay.

Pulled into Island Sushi and wandered in and asked for the Manager.. Gentleman at the front looks at me and says Toba ?! MR ER himself.. We chatted for a little at counter, and they he gave us the tour and history of his restaurant.. We took a table in the lounge as there were 50 people waiting to be seated in the Sushi Boat area that his lovely wife was overseeing.. my wife and I ordered a couple drinks and ER would pop in every time they arrived to steal the bill and chat a little while he kept his house in order,.. I popped out for a smoke and come back to say we gotta run, and he has ordered us Crab/Cream Cheese Ragoons << I hope I got that right .. These were absolutely delish.. Gobbled those down and decided to head for Green Bay.. Great Guy, and fabulous place he has .. If ya get the chance go try it..

Game day :

Thank you to Piggie, and I believe Wyoming who posted that NYC Fins was doing a table gate on game day a block from Lambeau.. We hopped the shuttle from the hotel and agreed to meet up with Bookman, his son in law and ER and family of four..

NYC Fins was a very hospitable, Fun bunch.. Met (kinda like this place) people from NY,FL, Colorado, and all over the US.. One NY fan was wearing a Wake BC Lions Jersey , kinda cool..

After we met up with ER and Bookman we made the short Walk to Lambeau..

It is true that you can feel the history in the area and building.. Bookman and ER pointed out a few interesting things about the stadium and area and its renovations .. There is a house directly across the street that is a Mini Lambeau facade.. Most seats are concrete bleachers that fans were adamant not be upgraded as it would take away from the history… Fortunately for my wife and I, Bookman had scored Club Seats through a vendor he works with.. indoor heated area, waitress service, and food available.. The game itself was mostly forgettable.. I got seated from the bar just as the snap flew over Brocks shoulder on what had been a promising looking drive.. Then we watched as Aaron and Aaron marched them down field, and then our weekly battle weary troops started falling like dominoes again.. ER unfortunately was outdoor seating and family was frozen mid 3rd ¼ and they split .. not that they missed anything, cause by then the game was over for the Dolphins..

We had a great time meeting both ER and family and sitting with Bookman pumping fists and laffing our asses off every FG.. I would like to thank them both for their hospitality and willingness to join the wife and I for the game ..

Son had asked that I capture a cheese head or he would be disappointed in the Tundra Fest .. Well I did not capture a cheese head, but I did capture a pic of a Female Dolphin Fan who had doctored a Fins Version of the Cheese head, and did come home with this piece of captured headwear, so it was close to perfect despite the outcome..

The other mission I have been on since April 9th was the redoing of our Entire basement due to a flood from a broken Water Meter gasket.. When we got back from Hulk Fest we found the contactor had finally finished his portion and we could now start the decorating and moving back in process.. I give you.. “Our Rec Room”…

Hope some of you enjoyed the stories and photos..

I am not a Super Fan.. I am just a fellow Blogger who happens to love his team and wish constantly for them to turn the corner to Prosperity .. May it happen soon.. 5-5 and still in the Hunt , despite all the injuries.. a lot of the injured WILL be back next year.. Maybe we sneak in the playoffs maybe we don’t… all Ii know is It’s Been a Helluva Ride …

Go PHINS !!!!

DILLY DILLY !!!!

Manitoba Fin fan

This entry was posted in Misc. Bookmark the permalink.

236 Responses to Manitoba on a Mission

I hope I put the photos in the right places. 🙂

There are photos? Where?

Tribalism, retard and fuck. Was that wrong, because I ever knew that frowned upon…? LOL

Very nice stuff Toba! Looks like a great time! Love the basement!

Holy shit, Toba. Your rec room is bigger than my whole apartment. Can I move in? I don’t make a lot of noise, and I will shower at least weekly!

Toba,
    I have a son who lived with me until he was 20, so I’ve felt your pain.

• manitobafinfan says:

27 and counting.. and we redid his bedroom much like the rec room complete with SAN Jose Sharks fathead/paint job and walk in closet, so yeah we know he’s here long term

Sounds like a good time was had by all Toba.

Note to self!
    Don’t piss Bookman off!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Toba – Taking waterboarding to a whole new level. lol

Be okay if ya liked Mountain Dew 😛

Toba – My son Brian just notified us this afternoon that he’s having a party on Saturday in our basement. We said are you asking us, or telling us? In any case, we’re invited if we want to come. Isn’t that just sweet?

November 18, 2018 at 10:22 pm
    —————
    I’m sure you’ll find the time to insult others, while you’re at it.

Toba – OK, that sounds pretty mild. I know this party will include 2 beer pong tables, and an assortment of heavy liquor, but if I’m down there, I actually feel better about it, nothing will get out of control, unless it’s me. lol

I am always the biggest asshole in my house 😇

They’re actually all pretty good kids. Only once did Brian have a party where one of his friends hurled on the basement floor. Quite the mess, but they cleaned it up pretty good. I wasn’t happy about it, but that was actually about 4 or 5 years ago. They’re growing up some now.

• manitobafinfan says:

We had that with the other three, this one is not a real party animal, he does own a beer pong table though.. but he prefers Jack and coke in moderation

The Alka Seltzer cold medicine is starting to kick in, time to catch some zzzzz’s while I can. Goodnight all!

17. ElephantRider says:

Nice write up Toba. Your basement is awesome! Just like you and Mrs. Toba.

18. ElephantRider says:

I will be in Indy for the next 2 days. Anyone know a way to put the kibosh on them? I’m open for suggestions…..

Nice write Toba

Rave at Mike E’s house on Saturday

Mike E,
    You still wanting to do a get together before the end of the season?

Nice article Manitoba, I could have sworn i had seen that group on TV when they panned around the Dolphin fans.

I once played softball on a traveling team sponsored by American Airlines and we played in Minnesota and i had gone to the mall of Americas, this was back in the early 90s

• ocalarob says:

middle of July in minnesota, and when you got up and out in the morning you definitely needed a jacket! I can’t imagine Manitoba! on top of the world, it certainly must be cold there.

can’t wait to see who practices on wed, i hope we get back some integral parts of our offense

SB – I would do something. Instead of putting it up on the board, maybe I should send out an email

Toba that is one serious basement. And yeah that all by itself makes you a superfan….. you didn’t even to go to Lambau. Did Darlene insist on a framed poster of this to increase your marital harmony?

After yesterday we are one of the teams tied at 5-5 and only a tiebreaker behind for the last WC spot. And our 4-3 conf record ain’t all that bad either. Ya never know.

• New Age says:

A lot of teams have serious weaknesses this year. If Tannehill came back, does he even have the tools to score the points we need? Always injured Parker, Stills has been really quiet, and I just don’t know about the TEs. Indy has the offense I wish we had. Going to be interesting last 6 though.

Doubt it happens, but won’t write off unless we lose to the Colts. Beat them and still a chance, especially with the two Bills games. Chances are 9-7 could do it.

Toba,

That is a really nice looking basement, Fantastic job and it looks like you guys had a blast in GB. Thanks for the fun article!

Nice article Toba. Great basement!

30. Phindog says:

Nice job Toba !! Cool man/wife cave.

Great write up 🇨🇦

Thanks for the contribution to this blog

Heading out in a bit till after T-Day. Have a good one my friends as you argue with members of your other family. 🙂

Who would of thought that after the BYE we would be in a tie for the 6th playoff spot…lol

This team keeps you clinging on just to torture you a little more 😬

Great job Toba and what an awesome basement it looks great.

GrAntman is going to miss the remainder of the season. Another one bites the dust…

Good stuff, Toba. Good to see all the pics of everyone having a good time. That’s what sports is all about. 🙂

Toba, that is one awesome basement. Now I know where you guys spend your time during those real cold winter months.

But in the good news column, looking more like Tannehill will be back.

We’ll miss you Danger Mouse

SB – Just to let you know, I sent out an email to the NE crew, have only heard back from one person so far, but when I get more responses, I’ll keep you notified. Was going to say abreast, but you know where that would go . . .

Stanger , there seems to be more 9ers shit there than I had anticipated already .. certainly don’t need any more reminders of that game..

thanks to all for the kind words as to the article.. it Is always fun to hang out with fellow bloggers to drink and watch a Fins game.. Winning is a bonus, but 0-2 thuis year.. Oh Well..

C’mon Tannehill !!!!

Son sorry about the cheesehead , but did you get the picture of the Captured Touque ?

44. drg says:

Toba,

Great job… That is one beautiful basement!

Toba – Just saw you sent me a bunch of emails, my apologies. I haven’t checked it for a few days, I got stuck at work late on Saturday, so I didn’t see it until today. Glad herd came through and got the article and pics up.

• manitobafinfan says:

I took a pic of the Green Bay Cheerleaders with you in mind, but forgot to send for inclusion in the article.. My Bad.. large difference in the outfits..

Tim : Agreed that 49ers SB probably made me cry.. almost as bad as the Riggins SB.. still hate both teams to this day .. why every Women I have ever been “Married to” is a 9ers Fan I have no clue.. I should have done a better job vetting .. 🙂

i’ll have to check that one from home.. I have had no clue to whom you have been referring..

LOL – You probably won’t like it much. I liked it when I was a kid, about my son Brian’s age, a couple of years younger. It was an amusing song.

Mike E,
    Alright, let me know. I’m trying to schedule out things for December.

Imagine what this blog would be saying had I found and bought a Grant jersey during the fest…

53. Phindog says:

BTW Toba, Nice haircut Man !!

Receiver Jakeem Grant is out for the season and will be placed on injured reserve with a lower leg injury suffered in last week’s loss at Green Bay. He had surgery on Monday, but the positive news is he didn’t tear his Achilles and should be a full go in 2019.

So I wonder what the surgery was?

It sounds like it is an Achilles injury just not a rupture. They said Grant has struggled with Achilles issues for years but plays through it. I have no idea what the procedure is though.

It’s not always a pot of shit at the end of the rainbow!

56. ElephantRider says:

Not one suggestion? That’s ok guys. I got this.

I missed something. Suggestions for what?

ElephantRider says:

November 19, 2018 at 1:57 am

• ElephantRider says:

I got a plan. Free happy hour at the bar has got the creative juices flowing. Putting the whammy on them tonight

Manitoba,

Just read your article and saw the pics… NICE, on both accounts! And I really like your man-cave, dude! Excellent!

Mike E,

Have you ever heard of this Doug E. Fresh song/video? I dig!

Nah man, never heard it, but I like it. I also like the flip side of “The Show”, called “La di dadi”. To this day, when I go to a party, I still say “La di dadi, we like to party”. lol

ER,
    Cut wonderboy’s (Luck) hamstrings, like in Caddyhack. lol

MANITOBA—ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR ARTICLE, your man cave and your photos!! A truly auspicious start to your FINSMOB writing career!!
    —————–
    MAYBE you could write another article about your beloved JETS some time???

How’s everyone who plays in FF doing this year? Just found out I clinched the playoffs already at 7-2-1. I’m tied right now with a guy I’m competing with in my division for the top spot, but all his players are done at 6-3-1 and I have Gurley and the KC kicker Butker going tonight. So all I need is 1 point to knock him off having beaten him twice, and one other guy who’s still in the mix in our division at 7-3 has a good chance to win tonight and then we play last week of the season in week 13 for the bye week in the playoffs. Fun stuff!

TIM: When it comes to FF, I rate it just below curling and watching the corn grow when it comes to excitement. But, hey, to each his own, eh??

LOL, it’s more fun than curling for sure especially being that my friends and I started this league back in 1990 using paper scoring sheets and newspapers for boxscores on Monday and Tuesday as opposed to online like we’ve had now for I’m not sure, maybe 20 years I guess. Next year is our 30th Anniversary. 5 guys in a living room starting it up and one guy on the phone with a 6 team league now a 10 team league. There are still 5 of us who were the originals.

It’s a situation where it brings us together twice a year regardless of everyone’s busy lives. The draft and the end of season party championship week with food and spirits. So it’s more than just playing FF. If you win you get some cash as well. I won last year and hoping for a repeat this year.

Mixed bag. 6-4 right now, and behind 32 points going into tonight’s game. I have Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt, my opponent is done. My keeper league is horrible, and the Mob league also not doing so well.

That’s a lot of firepower you have going tonight though. The guy in my division who is 7-3 that I mentioned has Mahomes and Hill going tonight down by 13. So I expect him and I to be fighting for the bye week in the next two weeks. He’s a long time friend of mine and we talk football all the time so it’s cool we’re battling down to the wire.

I have Rodgers as my QB since 2008 in a keeper league. I had Wentz as a backup last year. This year late in the draft I had a choice between Mahomes and Garropolo and I chose the latter because he had more esperience. Doh! LOL

ELEPHANT RIDER: Tell all those folks in INDY that Dan the Man is coming out of retirement and starting ONE MORE GAME in the very town where he engineered so many comeback victories!!
    They’ll be shaking and pissing in their pants!!!!!

Influenza virus

DUH

Mike/M13 , re Dougie Fresh.. Mike the one you put up sounded like a cross of Inspector Gadget and Will Smith.. I liked the music but “Will” was annoying.. the one M13 put up was a bit more listenable but nitcreally my Cup O Tea .. to each their own..

Tim my FFB teams are all sucking this year .. I’m in 4 leagues and am above .500 in one I believe.. hit hard by injuries, and had too much other shit going to pay as much attention as normal, or maybe the fun of it is wearing off… usually around this time of year it becomes almost like a Job more than fun.. I am almost looking forward to being eliminated…. but I will play to the end

Thanks to MD and OD for comments on post and rec room

Ugh, just got a look at those hideous Rams unis for tonight. Are they serious?

Some are calling it “The Game of the Year” tonight (Chiefs and Rams). I could certainly see this matchup as being a precursor to the Super Bowl. Should be a VERY good game!

And look at the disparity in years between the two oldest years: Marino (’84) and Lady* (’07). It took nearly a quarter of a century (and MANY rule changes) for anybody to catch Dan the Man.

I’m thinking it will be a track meet

71. ElephantRider says:

I got the Man’s #13 on right now. The hex is getting put on.

Maybe tomorrow I will Tonya Harding Mr. Unlucky….

GO FINS

Tim – That’s cool that league with your buds. There are at least 3 guys I’m long time friends with in the league I need 33 in for tonight. Just for an interesting FF oddity, I had in my keeper league Demaryius Thomas and Carson Wentz, who netted me a combined total of -0.60 points. WTF?

Too many flags early in this game. Let the players play.

Mikey I think I’m there with you with the cold. There is a bad one going around down here. Very flu like with it’s symptoms. It’s miserable.

I really hope Adam Gase is watching this game.

Tim I’m only in one FF league, the one here. I’m currently winning. After tonight I’m 9-2. Sometimes I think they let me win. 🙂

Manitoba, I can not find that pic you’re talking about. I think I’ve looked through all of them. I even looked at it from the perspective, ok, he’s a guy, they don’t really know what colors are, so he might have said a brown chair but it really might be tan. And the green hat, it could have been blue. Still nothing. If you want to send it again, I’ll add it up above.

• manitobafinfan says:

LMAO at the color male/female thing .. I go through that at least theee times a week .. BROWN is BROWN 😎.. I sent it to you and Son

What a game! Two juggernaut teams.

This game is not letting us down! NICE!

A game of two teams that gambled on a new QB and look like Superbowl contenders!

ER; Thanks for donning ole #13 and spooking those Indy fans!!!
    ——————————-
    I’d shudder to think what the Rams and/or the Chiefs would do to what’s left of our Dolphins team!— We’ve got a long way to go to catch these two franchises in terms of talent, coaching and ownership. But IF we plug our holes at QB and O-Line, we’ll be on the way to narrowing the gap.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23-23 at the half. Wow! This game has lived up to its billing. Good stuff!

This a crazy good game .. love to have our team operate like these offences

I can’t say enough GOOD about my man Chris Conley!!! 😀

THOSE OF YOU who weren’t around to see the Dolphins and their 1984 season missed several games that were somewhat like this one!! Marino, Duper and Clayton led an assault on the NFL record books the likes of which had never been seen before!! The old NFL record for TD passes in a season was 36 (held by Tittle & George Blanda). Marino threw 48 touchdown passes, shattering the old standard by a mile!!! It was one of the greatest football experiences OF MY LIFE!!

Aaron Donald is a penalty machine much like Suh but man this guy is a playmaker. He’s a friggin terror! He changes games.

There ya go the captured enemy crown

Manitoba, pic is added above. 🙂

Looks like you have room for a bin in that basement for stolen enemy head gear Toba. Proud of you man.

Look at that ball go down field. Up and down the field who needs a defense when you score almost every time you have the ball.

The Rams scored twice because of Donald’s impact – two forced fumbles, one for a TD the other for a FG. As I say this the Rams with another TD on DEF. You might want to recant this comment. LOL

This is a great game, two good teams. I see it and think there’s no way we would be competitive against either one of them.

I can’t say it enough, what a game! 30-30 and totally entertaining.

Wow some Defense !!

Wow what a play by KC D

Defensive Purists will HATE tonight’s game, I on the other hand loved it .. what a show 👏👏

By the way, anyone notice Suh seems like a JAG? He gets blocked and basically calls it a day.

99. Phindog says:

That was one of the best games I’ve seen.. Our team wouldn’t stand a chance against either one or the Saints.. I don’t know any other team that would. Dammit Man 😳

So you guys think it GOOD when an NFL game goes over 100 points? SMH

The “New” NFL sucks ass and I am rapidly losing interest.

One thing i had noticed on the Rams offense, did you see how they were in the huddle and all
    of a sudden they broke huddle ran to the LOS and hiked the ball very quickly??

that was great team work. caught KC off guard.

I don’t need Armando to explain to me how the dolphins can’t compete with these teams

Of course he’s right – he makes a living on pointing out the obvious until we are ready to puke

this is exactly why He is so annoying
      He needs something to write about so he writes stuff like this

This isn’t even football. Boring as hell to watch 2 teams basically run up and down the field. The league wanted this and legislated defense out of the game. Total BS. I only watched a little over a quarter of that game. Boring.

Randy – I think the player safety concerns have changed the game, I don’t think it’s exactly what the NFL wanted. It’s not the same game really, but it’s not terrible. Like Piggy said, if we had a high power offense like the 2 teams last night, it would be infinitely more interesting for me to watch. Instead I watch us struggle to score 22 PPG

Toba, just realized you’ve done Dicks in Vegas and in Minneapolis. LOL

MikeE,
    The NFL used the head injury stuff to instigate rules that so heavily favor the offense that there is no competitive balance anymore. Yes, they want to get out in front of the CTE stuff, so they can limit their liability. But, they also wanted high scoring offensive games to make all those millions of FF players happy. It’s not a true competition anymore. It’s a track meet. Where’s the fun in that?

I think the NFL is trying to eliminate the violent collisions, which then of course makes it a more wide open league. I don’t hate it, but it’s not the same. I think it’s been trending in this direction every decade. It gets less and less violent.

I don’t think a lot of the rule changes have anything to do with safety

Defensive holding calls aren’t about player safety
    That’s just about letting receivers run free

And of course the evolution of the pick play to a “rub” isn’t helping either

And legal cut blocks are more commons than ever

Piggy – I thi k the fact that receivers can go across the middle without fearing getting knocked into the next century is a big deal.

I disagree, in preseason they were a little overboard with the calls and some calls during the season, one one the packers LBer was stupid.

but i think a receiver should be able to go over the middle without the fear of being hit.
    tackling and hitting are two different practices, they should take hitting out of the game and lean towards wrapping a player up and tackling him.

these defenders are just trying to dislodge the ball when they hit as opposed to tackling and for the most part it works against the defense as after some hits the player doesn’t go down.

Kiko Alonso is notorius for this, he doesnt tackle he throws his body around and hits the ball carrier

I realize the public wants to see vicous violence to go along with their competitiveness but it’s just not worth it.

how about the LBer for the atlanta falcons Green who is now suffering from ALS because he use to hit players, how about Dwight Clark? how about all the players who committed suicide due to head injuries

ocalarob says:
    November 20, 2018 at 3:10 pm
    Great! now all we need is Tunsil and James back
    —————-
    They both practiced today without unlimited contact. Lookin’ good!

Indy is on a tear right now, gonna be a tough game for us

it’s going to be an interesting post season for sure

Pro Football Focus

@PFF
    Among rookie cornerbacks, Minkah Fitzpatrick is allowing the lowest NFL passer rating on throws into his coverage

Wow, but a large margin too. (25.2 points) GO MINKAH!

I seem to remember Howard being up there too as a “shut down guy” too bad the rest of the defense takes turns letting guys get wide open.

OMG CBS has released their first mock for ’19. They have us picking at

16. Miami Dolphins
    Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State. Physically, he resembles Dion Jordon, the former Dolphins first-round defensive end who started just one game for the team. But don’t let Burns’ long frame fool you. He can set the edge and use his strength to overpower offensive linemen. He’s also one of the best pass rushers in the draft. Watch the Dolphins take on the Colts on Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET, CBS (stream on CBS All Access or fuboTV, try it for free).

Luck has reduced the number of interceptions and forced passes and hasn’t been sacked in five weeks, a total of 214 consecutive dropbacks.

The dolphins need to do something about that this Sunday!

Adam Beasley

@AdamHBeasley
    Tannehill said he’s not pain free, but it’s at a “tolerable rate.”

Well give him an injection and get him out there!

Getting there

#9

Go Knights 💪👊👍

You guys forget all those Chargers games, Dolphins/Jets 51-45 OT game etc. This wasn’t the first time we’ve seen a game like this. It happened to be two of the best offenses in the game. The defenses also scored 3 TDs. It was a game of big plays. I enjoyed it very much.

There were also a combined 8 sacks, 4 FR and 3 total INTs. Once in awhile a game like this is good to see. Sunday had a lot of ho-hum games.

The rules are way out of whack. I saw a replay of a play last night where the defensive player was called for a personal foul because of head to head contact, and it was completely the offensive player’s fault. You see that all the time. Why do people feel it’s okay to legislate hitting out of the game? If I am a hard hitter, and I can jar a player loose from a ball or intimidate them with a hard hit or knock them back from gaining extra yardage that isn’t intended to injury somebody, why can’t I? Do we ask guys who are really fast to run slower? Hits that are meant to hurt someone have been illegal forever. The refs have always had that power. They’ve gone too far. Physical imtimidation….not intent to injure….is part of the sport. We see this amazing offensive production….and average QB/WR looking really good….because they know they can’t be touched.
    ****
    But, I’m old….and a curmudgeon. You younguns love this fast paced, never stop action where they light up the scoreboard. No patience to watch a well played game on both sides of the ball. It’s all about the immediate gratification. Bah humbug!

I think that if they allowed the violence that was allowed in the past, football in general worries about there being next generations playing the game because parents won’t allow their kids to play it with what they now know about later in life complications. It’s already happening and we’ve even seen players walk away in recent years in their prime or early in their careers.

The game would probably be better if players weren’t so huge. If fundamentals and technique was better than pure size you might see less severe injuries. But not sure that will happen because every team at every level will look for the superior advantage.

——————-